Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio Good Mode.
Speaker 2: Kelsey actually talked about the officiating. Why is the media running into it is interesting? The answer, Travis is because the media is embracing it because it's interesting, and more so, it's reactive, and all anyone is trying to do in media right now is to get an engagement and get a reaction. And you type the word Chiefs, officiating or anything and any sort of tweet or post, and people will lose their minds. I would also say to Kelsey, I think at this point, for someone of his stature, the officiating thing.
Speaker 3: Is a compliment. It is a compliment.
Speaker 2: People are saying, no one can beat these people, So it has to be the referees.
Speaker 3: It has to be the officials. That is a part of their legacy.
Speaker 2: The time the Chiefs were so good and so unbeatable that the entire Super Bowl became that they're getting all the calls from the officials, which they're not. I think that is a huge deal in what they've accomplished. Will it be remembered? Is it being taken away from them?
Speaker 3: Not? In time?
Speaker 2: No, when they look back on this, if they win this thing twenty years from not, so no one's going to be talking about the officials.
Speaker 3: I remember the Seahawks Steelers officials, the.
Speaker 2: Mike Holmbre and Bill cower Wan That one was looked back on as the officiating for Seahawks fans who were losers in that game, and we did a one and done.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs are way above that.
Speaker 2: They're talking about it because it's interesting and it's engaging, but years from now, it's not what this will be about. It is a shame and it is a mess, and it's another byproduct of the Deshaun Watson era. But I think it's way more interesting it pertain to the league rather than the Browns. You can't get guys like Miles Garrett. That's not something that becomes available. If you're going to get someone like Von Miller or JJ Watt, you can, but it's later in their career. It's maybe after some injuries they're out there. You don't get Miles Garrett now, during which he proved he was the best pass rusher in the league this year, and these teams that are good teams that he wants to be on, they don't draft high enough to get somebody like that that's a number one overall pick. So these really good contenders will never be able to touch them. This is an incredible, incredible opportunity for a team that matters to make a crazy move. And I think it's a fascinating thing that just recently Brandon Bean, the GN of the Buffalo Bills, listen to this quote he's asked about. You know, how do you bring someone in who's a real difference maker? How do you get somebody like that, like a Chris Jones type, Brandon being quote, there's not a lot of Chris Jones is out there. I don't know how many teams are gonna be able to hand you a game wrecker.
Speaker 3: They're probably all sewed up. But we love to do that.
Speaker 2: If there's a player out there, Brandon, there's a player out there. His name is Miles Garrett. At this point, he's probably better than Chris Jones. This is the guy that you can see a team that's knocking on the door right now, like the Bills, the Ravens and Lions, all these teams were just there.
Speaker 3: It's not these.
Speaker 2: Crappy teams who are trying to rebuild. It's not Cleveland it's teams that could be in the Super next year with Miles Garrett on there.
Speaker 3: It's so unusual and so rare.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm thinking of the Packers getting Reggie White in the nineties, totally different circumstances.
Speaker 3: But this does not happen.
Speaker 2: So whatever you got, yes, get him, and he's probably going to go to a really good team that is so sick of talking about the Chiefs all the time and want so get this guy. If anyone was going to break through, maybe it is this year, and maybe it is Saquon, who I think is the greatest weapon offensive weapon that the Chiefs defense have faced in the Mahomes era.
Speaker 3: And you could have all.
Speaker 2: Of those guys, McCaffrey, Debo, Mike Evans, anybody you want in a Super Bowl. I think Saquon is the number one weapon that they have faced.
Speaker 3: How do you beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: It's it's extremely difficult, but it's actually very simple. The Eagles will win if they don't make any mistakes. You can't make any mistakes, and never mind the officiat and that's a different deal I'm talking about. You can't missn extra point, you can't miss the two point conversion, you can't get stopped on fourth and short. You can't have the big dumb turnover. We saw what the Bills did. Remember the Texans a couple of rounds ago. We're having all these kicking issues. Last time the Chiefs saw the Eagles in the Super Bowl, they made a huge mistake on the scoop and score fumble. Guys, let's just look at the last Super Bowl that they played against the Niners.
Speaker 3: The Niners missed an extra point, they.
Speaker 2: Got it blocked. You can't do this against the Chiefs. This would have made it a four point lead. They blocked the extra You cannot do that against the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: You can't make that play. You're gonna lose another thing. Earlier in this.
Speaker 2: Game, opening drive, Christian McCaffrey fumble opening drive of the game. It was Christian McCaffrey's first lost fumble in three months. You can't do this against the Chiefs. And you might say, oh, the Chiefs fumble. The Chiefs, they're the Chiefs. They can do it. You can't.
Speaker 3: They can make mistakes and get over it. You can't.
Speaker 2: She can't make these mistakes. McCaffrey was not a fumbler. Plays the Chiefs he fumbles, he loses that, they lose the game. And I'm calling it over the last couple of years, I'm calling it the errors Tour. Here are the mess ups over the last couple of years. All right, this year's player, last year's playoffs. Teams are missing two pointers, they're losing fumbles, five missed kicks, eleven drop passes.
Speaker 3: Those are all losses, all losses. You don't have to play a perfect game.
Speaker 2: You can have incomplete passes, you can have runs that don't go well, you can get sacked.
Speaker 3: You can't make a big miss. You can't even make one.
Speaker 2: Ask the Eagles, ask Jalen Hurts, play the game of his life. One mistake, see you later. Get out of our confetti. You can't make mistakes against the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: That's it. Don't do it, You'll win, do it, see you later.
Speaker 2: We know Howie Rosemand likes as Georgia guys, and you know a couple of them. Their names get set a little bit more, maybe more so than this guy. Nolan Smith, Junior, number three guys for the Philadelphia Eagles. Four sacks in the playoffs, not the season. In the playoffs, if the Eagles are going to win this game, someone needs to do a Brandon Graham impression, but not on Brady.
Speaker 3: On Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Someone needs to make a play and swat that right arm with Mahomes and get a fumble. Look at it, he's all over the snow. He's been a Terry's, Oliver, Jayden and Stafford. This is a guy who we look up at the fourth quarter of this game and we're like, oh my god, is Nolan Smith Junior gonna win.
Speaker 3: The MVP of this game?
Speaker 2: He has two sacks and a force fumble. Somebody needs to make a play, and if it's not going to be in the sacred needs to be upfront.
Speaker 3: We know Jalen Carter, we know some of the other.
Speaker 2: Guys look for number three in the Eagles to make up play that he's been doing it for the last month. I like this guy's chances, all right, So nineties bands. This is a little bit of a stretch from me. I don't know much about the topic, but I'll try anyway. The Chiefs, you have to when you continually lose to them and they win the Super Bowl every single year, every single year, you have to maintain your faith. You have to keep your faith and then when they lose, you know, you lose every single year, the Chiefs say, no, no, no faith, no more, my friends, it is gone faith no more. And you know what, They show up in the Super Bowl and they go look at their opponent and they say, you want.
Speaker 3: It all, but you can have it.
Speaker 2: But but that's what they say every single year. There is no more faith. It's always gonna be as you wanted, all the ring and the Lombardy, but you can't have it epic, the track and the team.
Speaker 3: Faith no more. The Chiefs conversation is frequent.
Speaker 2: I'm sure all of the New Orleans all over the country about the Eagles and Saquon and Saquon, and you can't talk about the Eagles winning this game. And Saquon's not in the first sentence. So I look at Nick Bolton on the other side, the linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs. When Nick Bolton was in lone Star High School in Frisco, Texas, he had one hundred and thirty tackles.
Speaker 3: As a senior at Missouri, he.
Speaker 2: Had fifteen tackles in one game against Vanderbilt. In his last Super Bowl, Nick Bolton had thirteen tackles to lead all Chiefs. Nick Bolton needs to have one of these games. There is your Saquon guy. You know, you talk all the time about someone who who shadows or spies a running quarterback. I think thirty two for the Chiefs is looking at twenty six for the Eagles all day, and there they are colliding right there. It's a big, big time opportunity for Bolton. He was the hero in this last game. Of course, with the scoop and score. I don't even need that. I just need someone to get in Saquon's way, to get past Lane Johnson, to get pass my Lotta and Bolton.
Speaker 3: They got a lot of good tacklers on this scene. Bolton's probably the most celebrated of them, but he needs to have a superstar game.
Speaker 2: I think if Nick Bolton's name is not mentioned the lots by Burkhard and Brady, I think it's Saquon is doing really good things. I think thirty two in the Kansas City Chiefs from Frisco, Texas by way of Lone Star High School and Missouri needs to have a massive, massive game because somebody's got to stop Saquon and he's coming right Knicks Gap. I don't expect Saquon to have a massive game. I really don't. I don't think this is gonna be Wow. Saquon at a one hundred and seventy yards and he's going to Disneyland. The Chiefs d and the Chiefs defensive coordinator is too good at that. But if you look over the season, if you look at those games where Saquon was bottled up those few games, you know, yeah, it's three worst games production wise for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: They won all three of.
Speaker 2: Them, and they won by an average of two touchdowns, So they understand how that works.
Speaker 3: Now, those weren't against the Chiefs. I understand that. But I think we've been lulled into and seduced.
Speaker 2: By Saquon's ability and just the prestige of what he's doing in his likability into thinking that this is really the Saquon Show. This is the best roster top to bottom in the NFL, the best roster top to bottom of the NFL.
Speaker 3: This is the Howe Roseman Special.
Speaker 2: Their defense is incredible, their wide receivers and their weapons are incredible. We have to stop thinking that Saquon needs one hundred and eighty yards to give them a puncher's chance. It is a huge juggernaut of a team from top to bottom. I think the defense has to have a fantastic game. I think they have to win a pretty low scoring game. Like I think if the Eagles win this game, it's it's twenty to seventeen or twenty four to twenty one, something like.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is a game in the thirties.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fantastic segment for all of us to grab these clips on Monday. And if someone were to say, I don't know who it would be among us that know Saquon needs to have a massive game to beat the Chiefs, and that he doesn't and they do, it'll be.
Speaker 3: A fun cliptobay back.
Speaker 2: I don't think that he has to go crazy to beat them.
Speaker 3: They're really good.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts is incredibly unique, and this is his eight mile moments. This is his one shot, one opportunity, and yes it's his second one.
Speaker 3: He's trying to stop a three peat.
Speaker 2: I don't think a lot of people think he can win this game if Saquan's taken out of it. He's incredibly unique in the sense that he is perfect for Philadelphia. That's what we have learned for that head coach, for those wide receivers, for that fan base, for that media market. This guy does not blink when things are bad. He doesn't blink when things are good. He doesn't blink. Every press conference feels exactly the same, and that is perfect.
Speaker 3: He is steady. His pulse does not bounce. Remember he didn't start right away.
Speaker 2: He sat behind Carson Wentz, who is currently a backup on the other sideline for the other team. Mahomes Coronation Saquan's Coronation. Jalen Hurts has an incredible temperament for this team. He is calm as hell and he'll need to be if he wins this thing. He becomes a Philadelphia It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more iHeartRadio pods, go to the iHeartRadio app, go to Apple go anywhere you like, it'll be there.