Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal, indeed we do.
Speaker 4: Let's to get to this morning.
Speaker 1: First of all, a nationwide freak out over campus protests, NYU going so far as to arrest their own faculty. We have those images for you. We also have the president and making some somewhat confusing muddled comments as his one, so we'll pullay that for you as well. We got to have a recap of the first day of the Trump trial opening statements, plus a little bit from the prosecution's first witness. That would be tabloid what's the tabloid owner?
Speaker 3: Is that what we call it?
Speaker 4: David Packard?
Speaker 1: Let's go with anyway, National Inquired dude David Pecker, so interesting stuff to get into there. We also have new poll with some interesting data on RFK Junior and who he may help hurt, et cetera. This comes as he gains ballid access in a number of new states, So lots of updates for you there as well. We've got Biden sparking a genuine diplomatic crisis over his fake cannibalism claims, so break that down for you. We've got a new poll showing how young people feel about the country, about Joe, Biden, etc.
Speaker 4: With a lot of interesting numbers as well.
Speaker 1: A new report suggests that Israel had planned a much larger attack on a run.
Speaker 4: Is that true? Break that down for you.
Speaker 1: We also have new revelations horrifying of mass graves in communists with hundreds of bodies. I also went on Pierce Morgan show yesterday and it was quite an experience. So I'll show you the highlight.
Speaker 3: Well, we goat it.
Speaker 2: Love that, but a little bit for what our people need to see.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, I'm really grateful for this program, grateful to get into the same this show every day. So we'll just we'll save the rest of the commentary for that segment incredible.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we get to any of that, As we teased, Ryan and Emiley are going to have a very big announcement soon. So if you want to hear first what it is and get access to whatever new content may be coming your way Breakingpoints dot Com, you can become a subscriber support all of the work that we're doing here. We have a couple other things in the pipeline that I think everyone is going to be really excited about. So sign up Breakingpoints dot Com become a premium subscriber today.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about these campus protests in particular. This is pro Palestine and Procese fire protests which are broken down across the country. Columbia University has become a real focus for a variety of reasons. They're present testifying last week in front of that anti Semitism panel on the Hill. Then following that, she immediately called the NYPD in to arrest one hundred students kick the mouth of the university property. That sparks a massive backlash. We talked about that yesterday with prem Talker, and not only a backlash at Columbia University, we can go ahead and put this up on the screen, because these are some scenes from Columbia University where you have a huge number of faculty joining the students in solidarity and in an attempt to protect them from further arrests or other disciplinary actions. But you can see that this movement has not only spread at Columbia, but really truly nationwide. We have a sampling here of some of these schools. You got University of Michigan, NYU, MIT, Vanderbilt USC where they have also started not just protest movements, but specifically these gaza solidarity encampments.
Speaker 3: There are more.
Speaker 1: Actually I kept seeing more and more reports of additional schools in a University of Maryland here here as planning one as well. This is a map of where some of the actions have sprung up, these specifically or solidarity camps calling for their schools to divest from anything connected to Israel. Let's put the next piece up on the screen. This is a truly extraordinary scene. What you're looking at here is the police who were called in to arrest faculty at New York University who had come in in solidarity again with their students and were standing at a chain attempting to protect those students, So NYU calling.
Speaker 4: The cops on their own faculty.
Speaker 1: In that video, by the way, courtesy of Katie Smith, you could see that up there in the corner. I want to make sure to give credit there wild situation unfolding. Of course, the claim is that these protests are anti Semitic, that they're violent. I would just reiterate something I said yesterday, which is that the NYPD themselves, when brought in to clear out the and arrest the one hundred students that they did the other day, even the NYPD said it was one hundred percent nonviolent. So that's the reality of what's going on. Joe Biden was asked about this. Of course, the White House was put out this statement condemning these protests as anti Semitic. Let's take a listen to what he had to say and the anti submitted protests on College capass.
Speaker 5: I condemn that protests. That's why I've set up a program to deal with that. I also condemn those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians and they're how they're doing.
Speaker 6: The Columbia University president resigned, but I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I'll not have to find out more sign oh sorry, which is not there. It says, I condemn, you know, anything that's anti Semitic.
Speaker 4: That's why we've set up a program to do with that. That's I don't know what that is about.
Speaker 1: And then he says, I also condemn those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians and how they've been and then he just.
Speaker 4: Sort of trails off.
Speaker 2: Some might call it a very fine people on both sides moment, very very I think it's amusing from Biden because I don't even really know what he's trying to get across.
Speaker 3: Don't either.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, got it. You know your White House put out a statement on this. Out of that, I will reiterate what you said. It also is incredibly difficult, and this was huge, deep frustration with the media. You know. Somebody texted me yesterday, go, hey, what are these protests about? And I said, you know what, let me get back to you because I wasn't one hundred percent sure whether it was ceasefire or not. So I went back and I traced the entire thing from Columbia. Columbia University President is before Congress on Wednesday. The encampments start on Wednesday. The encampment demand is a BDS specifically divestment of Columbia University endowment funds that are linked to Israel. Same now with many of these other encampments. So there is a misconception going on as to what exactly sparked this and what you know, what this specific demand or whatever the protesters was. From that point forward, NYPD was called in. This is another key part. Columbia University is a private property. The NYPD has to be invited onto campus by the university to clear out the encampment. Columbia University claimed that they were disrupting classes, so they come in and they have NYPD arrest some one hundred odd students. This sparks a huge backlash not only of hundreds now students and others who have taken to the quad, that major area in Columbia University, and now faculty members that have also joined much of that as well, which has spread out much of this part of the BDS movement. So anyway, what I wanted to say was it's important to understand, as I have not been able to see. If you just read the news quote unquote, you won't actually see why any of this really began in the first place, and it is a step by step really of escalation. Now, as I said as well previously, what you noted are there quote unquote anti Semitic incidents. There have been videos certainly that have been circulating. Again, I'm not necessarily some leftist free palace and cafia person. So I go and I look, and from what I have been able to find, the organizers and all themselves have been doing something that many BLM people never did, is they have been setting out lots of ground rules, and they're like, we are not violent, we are not participating in violence. We do not want any of this anti semitism. If you're chanting things like this making people feel and safe, don't join us. There's a lot of internal enforcement going on inside some of these protests, at least from what I've been able to see so far, I think that's a frankly, very wise decision on their parts, since they already know that the deck is generally stacked against them. But none the less, Nonetheless, it has invited now a massive call for intervention on these campuses, including calling in the National Guard, far beyond much of the NYPD. I mean you've seen large Columbia donors. We're about to get to this basically call for a massed expulsion of every single student and faculty that's participated in this protest. Donors are calling in, So I have no expectations that Columbia will quote unquote hold the line because these people it's a business, okay. And when you've got Robert Kraft, who's got his name on a building there, and you've got all these billionaire donors NYU, and also who do you think is paying those bills?
Speaker 3: And those folks, they will stand for a lot.
Speaker 2: They will not stand for anything that has any crem of Israel.
Speaker 1: So, just to elaborate on some of what you said there, Soger, because there are a lot of things being conflated here. Listen, guys, it's no revelation that number one, anti Semitism is real. It exists, It's abhorrent. There's no excuse for it. You know, I'm not here to deny the reality of anti Semitism.
Speaker 4: That's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two, is it a surprise that there are some assholes associated with a protest?
Speaker 4: No, this is not a surprise.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you were going to try to shut down every single protest that had an asshole associated with it, there would.
Speaker 4: Be no protests.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number three, Many of the incidents, purported incidents that have gone viral have not even happened on a college campus. Specifically with regards to Colombia. Actually used to live right by Columbia, and Colombia's right in the middle of northern Manhattan, and you know.
Speaker 4: You step off the campus and you're.
Speaker 1: In New York City, and so literally every incident I've seen that could be colorably described as anti Semitic or you know, aggressive or violent in any fashion has happened off the campus. So to blame the student protesters who are there peacefully and crack down on them and smear them all as anti Semites or as one of their professors did, We're going to show you this in a minute, as terrorists. It's outrageous. It's frankly outrageous, and you know, it's it's a trick like we've seen this with various protest movements in the past.
Speaker 4: It's an easy thing to do.
Speaker 1: You find like the worst actor in the protest movement, you hold them up, the video goes viral, and you use that to try to delegitimize the entire thing. That's what's going on here. And then the other thing that's being conflated is the same discourse about the rally chants and whether you know, from the river to the sea means genocide. And listen, I'm not here to tell you what you should or shouldn't be offended by. If you're offended by that, okay, you can be offended by that. Now, I think if you talk to these students, they'll tell you, no, what we mean is equal rights for all, for Palestinians and Israelis. That's what our call is for. But listen, if you're offended, that's your right. But guess what free speech is also about protecting. In fact, it's primarily about protecting speech that could be offensive or uncomfortable. So you know, the whole free speech crowd, all the free speech bros out there, who were you know, when it was the right and there was speech that was offensive coming from the right, they were all for it, and they were all against the campus censorship, et cetera. Now I can't tell you how many times I've heard these words, I'm all for free speech, but oh well, the butt means you're not for free speech. That's what that means. So listen some of the rally chants, like they wouldn't be what I would say, It wouldn't be what I would choose. I can understand why people may say, hey, I don't like that, but guess what that is?
Speaker 4: Free speech.
Speaker 1: One more thing I'll say about this and then go on to the next part of the just absolutely unhinged reaction that is happening right now, very intentionally so because you know, the Israel no matter what side, has like basically lost the debate if you look at popular opinion, especially if you look at the Democratic Party, especially if you look at young people. So this is an attempt not only to legitimized but also to distract. But with regard to Columbia University itself, it is a private university. They can make whatever rules they want to make. I'm not saying they can't do it. It's a question of what they should do. And the you know, the claims about safety of Jewish students, et cetera, are really belied by the fact that there are you know, uncomfortably for the people who want to smear this whole movement as anti Semitism as anti Semitic. There are many Jewish students who are at the core of these protests, who are organizing these protests, who are out there with signs that say Jews for Palestine. In fact, to one of the groups that was blanket banned very quickly after October seventh from Columbia University was Jewish Voices for Peace. So why are you shutting down Jewish How is that not anti Semitic if we're going to play that particular game. So let me move on to some of the more unhinged reaction. Characteristically, you've got the ADL's Jonathan Greenblatt weigh and calling for the National Guard to come in and crack down on Colbia University students.
Speaker 4: Take a listen, Jewish.
Speaker 7: Students don't feel safe on campus because they are not I meaning President should feet to do great things. Number One, median NYPD back on this campus or bring in the national car. Number two, no masks on campus. This isn't Falujah, this is Morningside Heights. And number three, the students who behave in this way to be suspended immediately.
Speaker 1: So by the way, many students have been suspended. Many students were arrested by the NYPD and Sager. I mean, listen, the calls for the National Guard are so deranged that I can't even wrap my head around it.
Speaker 4: They're peacefully protesting. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now you may talk about things happening off campus. That's a different story, it's a little messier. But in terms of the college campus protests, you're talking about bringing in the national What are you inviting another Kent State.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 2: Their allegation is this is some like Title nine violation of the civil rights of many of the Jewish students on campus. Now look again, you actually said something important. Columbia is a private university and they can do whatever they want. I do think though, at a core of this, and this is going to be difficult for those of us who haven't ever seen elite circles. I didn't go to an Ivy League school or anything. I know many people who do. They have a religious attachment to these places, which is difficult for me to describe. And for them this is personal because they're like, this is my space, this is the place that I control, This is the place where we have you know, I spent so many of my fond memories and this is where Robert Kraft has donated his thing, and there's a hill else and we spent all this time on this. So for them, it drives them nuts that they don't have control over campus discourse in a way that they haven't now in quite a long time. And I actually think the perfect example of this is a Columbia University professor.
Speaker 3: Who has gone very viral. I guess it was. It's fair to say.
Speaker 4: He's made himself a main character.
Speaker 2: He has made himself a main character absolutely, Okay, So how do we say this gentleman's name because he's upset? Where are we going with Shihi Dividi? Shi Dividi?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So Shy Dividi is a Jewish Israeli professor has been really making himself a main character on campus filming protests, calling them terrorists, saying that they're anti Semitic. He joined in Israeli news outlet I twenty four recently specifically to say that the students themselves are terrorists. Not terrorists, even supporters as many people will say, but actual terrorists themselves.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 8: This is an important topic. This is not just about Columbia. This is every US College. They have said that they are going to bring down Columbia first and as a domino effect, we'll have all other universities. But I want to make clear one thing before I talk about my own actions. What we're seeing now at Columbia, and I don't use this word lightly. We're not seeing ideological war, We're not seeing support for terrorism. We are seeing terrorism. Last night we had at Colombia a protestant, one of the protesters in the student mob, holding a sign pulling the El Casam brigade, the Hamas military wing who kill Jewish students with a with an arrow pointing at the Jewish students that we're standing there right. We are seeing Hamas on campus. And this makes President Minushafik a Hamas supporter every minute, but she does not call let in the NYPD because.
Speaker 9: She's not letting them in.
Speaker 8: That's why you see the NYPD outside and the terrorists inside.
Speaker 3: Well, Shai, I hate to break it to you.
Speaker 2: I know that in your country, Israel, that signs may be considered terrorism. In this country, the United States, that is not considered terrorism. That's actually free speech and it does not ever cross into the realm of violence. And this is very difficult to say, you know, and remain calm. But I cannot tell you how disgusting it is to me personally to see this person who is, as far as I know, not a US citizen, and if he is, I know he calls himself a Jewish is realist. So I'm just gonna say that come to here, then try to police the speech of and basically call in the National Guard, our military to go after protesters who he doesn't like. Again, that's perfectly fine in your country, Israel. It is not fine over here. It doesn't cross into the line of violence. And this is part of the other problem that I have with all of this is that the escalation of rhetoric belies reality. It's like, listen, we're not into what is a July of twenty twenty. There is not widespread looting and chaos in the streets. Again in Columbia University a private ivy league, which that's part of the other thing.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason this thing is getting so much attention.
Speaker 2: It's because all these media elites and all these other people who live in New York City and again to them, and this is like hallowed special grounds. So it really really bothers me, and it drives me crazy to see some of the ratcheting up of this and the wholesale embrace of at least a segment of a lot of the American right who are just you know, adopting all of the safe space language. I saw There's a woman named Campbell Brown. She used to work over at CNN. Then she was a Facebook executive and head of news partnerships there, and she tweeted recently she said, I'm heading with my two sons to Israel, where they will be safer than on the West side of New York. And I'm like, it's like a meme. It's like heading into an active war zone. Because on a university campus, in a contained protests zone or whatever, some people are chanting things I don't like and I could be five blocks away and I wouldn't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: Like, how stupid do you have to be to believe something like that? It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It is ridiculous. Words are not literally violence. Yes, yeah, part of becoming a grown up is dealing with hearing things that you may find to be apparent disgusting. Again, that's your right, but to pretend like and especially I mean, this is part of why it's so disgusting, Like you can't take it out of the context that these students are protesting what they and a majority of young people and a majority of Biden voters, and the ICJ says is plausible, and the US and YEN says there are reasonable grounds say is a genocide.
Speaker 4: Okay, look at the Gaza Strip.
Speaker 1: Look at the devastation We're going to show you here in a couple of minutes, mass grave of hundreds of people, children starving to death, under a collective punishment and a siege. Okay, you want to talk about safety in higher education? Every single university in the Gaza Strip has been systematically demolished. And I use that word very intentionally because at least one of them they did a controlled detonation. They went in, they set the charges. It's not like this was in some battle with Hamas. They intentionally set the charges and blew up a university.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So to put that up against like I heard a rally chant that I don't like get at, like, what are we doing here? And that's why this conversation to me just makes me so incredibly insane.
Speaker 4: Now with regard to shy. Again, it's a free country.
Speaker 1: He can say what he wants, right, But somehow the standard he holds of I don't want to hear a rally chant I don't like because you know, then these people are terrorists and they're violent, etcetera, et cetera, is not applied to him. I mean, for you to be a university professor, these are your students. They're in some ways in your care while they're there at that institution, and you're smearing them as terrorists. I saw somebody who tweeted out like, can someone tell me what the body count is at Colombia? How many people have died? How many casualties? And it's a joke because obviously the answer is zero. So you're rendering these words utterly meaningless. You're rendering the word anti Semitic utterly meaningless. Now it just means like having a political view that you don't like. You're rendering the word now terrorist utterly meaningless because again now it just applies to as somebody has an ideology that I don't like. And this man, this grown man, pitched such a fit when some of the actions that he has celebrated and demanded more of, when applied to students were also applied to him. He had his university access to one part of campus revoked, and people caught it on Cameron, I mean the fit that he threw. He feels he should even as he's calling students terrorists, he feels he should be, you know, have full rights to campus, but not the people who he disagrees with. So it's so incredibly selective and just to show you also, and this to me is so outrageous. So the official Government of Israel Twitter account picked up and reiterated his charge that American students at Columbia University and other places are terrorists. Put this up on the screen. This is outrageous. So he had tweeted out, this is what's happening at Columbia right now. I know it's confusing, so let me spell it out for you. A. Terrorism is an ideology. B they are openly supporting terror C they are terrorists. Terrorists have taken over Columbia University. The government needs to take over Colombia. Now think about that in the context of the number of right wingers who are celebrating a government takeover and demanding a government takeover. National Guard to come into censor students. Okay, put that aside. This is important repost. If you agree, the government of Israel takes him up on that repost. If you agree, call and reiterates his terrorism is an ideology. Either openly supporting terror they are terrorists. The government of Israel calling American students protesting on campus, exercising their First Amendment free speech rights, terrorists.
Speaker 4: It is so despicable, It is so disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what it again illustrates is that Israel a nation which just the other day President Herzog, their president, came out and said Americans should stay out of Israeli politics. I was like, yeah, I agree, I agree with you. That so why we shouldn't pay you at all?
Speaker 1: But why don't you say they got their hand down That's what I mean, more weapons, more billions.
Speaker 2: I'll take that trade any day you guys want, But then you got to stay out of our politics. Oh but on that one, it doesn't really matter as much. It's like that is what actually again just bugs the crap out of me about this. I mean, what they the problem to is what people never learn is that if you're gonna, you know, try and put down the boot or that you better go all out because if you don't, you know what's going to happen, You're going to have a widespread reaction. And sure enough, it's already happening. Let's put this up there on the screen. Just yesterday we saw Yale University students who were arrested at their protest again over a BDS investment in arms manufacturing. You've got multiple other campuses now where you see similar things that are beginning to break out.
Speaker 3: And I actually I will say this too.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very smart strategy on part of these students, because this is the other thing, you know, these traffic people and all that.
Speaker 3: We've had our debate.
Speaker 2: I think it's idiotic, stupid, counterproductive, and obviously they're also just going to get arrested in the first place. But if you're on a university squad, there is no actual plausible way that you could say you're really like affecting a lot of other people when you're on university private Produm. Maybe public university is gonna be different because then you're I think technically in terms of how the law and all that. But it's for Columbia University, for any of these other places, especially if you are again an active student there and you have certain privileges of what you're allowed and allowed not to exercise, especially whenever it comes to First Amendment rights, it's going to be a lot more difficult for people to go after them. So anyways, I think it's I think what we are going to see is there's a couple of options, which is people could try and quote unquote de escalate.
Speaker 3: I don't really see that as possibility.
Speaker 2: All of the money and institutional pressure is one way, which is on a crackdown. I think what is going to happen is that Columbia no university can withstand it's multi billionaire donors and entire alumni base freaking out at them on a consistent basis. Look at how every single one of those Ivy League universities you know, fired their presidents or whatever for saying that the genocide against calling for the genocide against the Jews is not a violation of the student whatever harassment policy. They all caved, right, they actually created more speech codes on campus. So I believe that in that effect is that there will be a epic crackdown, and it's going to come soon.
Speaker 3: I just don't see how it could possibly turn out otherwise.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think we've already seen the results of the first waves of crackdowns. I mean, we've now had arrest on multiple college campuses, including a fact members at NYU, and it has only sparked a wider movement. I mean, is poor gasoline on the fire because other students who and and by the way, sentiment on Columbia University is also pulling the other day. It's overwhelmingly in favor of what these protesters support. Sure, so the attempt to crack down, the arrest, the media coverage, all of this has only allowed the movement to grow. So you know, that's the other thing that's crazy to me, is like they're acting like the Columbia University president and is some great friend of these protesters, and just like allowing them to run wild.
Speaker 4: She suspended a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 1: She called in the NYPD, who again was like, these people are all one hundred percent peaceful, But NYPD said that to arrest one hundred of them, it's not like there's been kid gloves here, okay. So and what happened when she attempted that, you know, hard fisted crackdown is a huge backlash that just spawned even greater protests, not only at Columbia, but even further. I'm not going to claim that this isn't going to have a negative impact on the movement, because some people will see the clips on a contest, they'll seep the media freak count, and they'll be persuaded that, you know, some number of these students or all of these students or.
Speaker 4: Whatever are motivated by hatred.
Speaker 1: Of Jews, in spite of the fact again that there are so many Jewish students who are involved with or actively organizing these protests. It just makes me absolutely crazy. But in terms of, you know, the size of the protest movement, I think we're only seeing it grow and expand the more that they try to arrest, crackdown, suspend, etc.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the media.
Speaker 1: Piece, We've got a little compilation for you of the way the media has bought into this the protests or anti semitic line, hook line and sinker. Let's take a listen to a little bit of that.
Speaker 10: By the way, they are both professors and students within the university who say things that I think crossed the line, and there should be accountability I believe in free speech. Say whatever you want, but pay the consequences and don't have your face covered. I don't think that should be allowed.
Speaker 3: These are not protesters. These are violent hate monitors.
Speaker 11: The things that are coming out of the mouth burn down Tel Aviv, tel Aviv genocide October seventh. We did it once, We'll do it ten times. We'll do one hundred times, We'll do it a thousand times, We'll do it ten thousand times. This is an atrocity. And I'm going to say the quid put out loud. If there was any group spewing hate and violence against any other group Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, gaze.
Speaker 3: It would be shut down.
Speaker 11: And this needs to be shut down immediately because and once again those groups are back, those tenths are back up, and this cannot go unanswered.
Speaker 3: It's very simple, and you know there's a continuum of protesters.
Speaker 11: There's a heinous, anti violent ones that spewing hatreds, spewing death, if you will, and then there's the less malignant that say cease fire.
Speaker 3: But even ceasefire doesn't have the word piece in it.
Speaker 11: Never do you hear the word piece because this site doesn't want peace.
Speaker 3: It wants a gihad.
Speaker 11: And this is not propostinting, and this is anti Israel, and anti Israel is a misnomer because it's really anti jew.
Speaker 12: And I'll even go further, it's not almost anti Senmitism. It is anti Semitism. And this is something that is on display right now. But the sort of roots of this kind of devolving from A to B go back millennia. And this is something the roots of anti Semitism that pop up in societies that frankly tend to be a Canarian the coal mine for a society and democracy.
Speaker 4: In this case that is in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 12: Is I like to look at this and replace Jews with any other minority group here, and what would the entire country be doing?
Speaker 3: They would be outraged, rightly.
Speaker 13: So, So obviously, as you note, protest is an important part of being an American. Free speech is an important part of being an American. Where is the line? For example, I've seen video of somebody at the Gaza Encampment at Columbia standing up and talking about how great October seventh Hamas attacks on Israel was and calling the Hamas terrorists, calling them freedom fighters. Is that hate speech or is that protected free speech? Where do you come down on that?
Speaker 14: And that is believe it or not as vile as it could be, because Hamas should be destroyed from the actions they did on October seventh and other actions, But that does not fall into a crime. If someone makes a comment that they want to join a terrorist organization, that's going to come under investigation. But the Commissioner of Legal Matters at New York City Police Department is going to really break this down for New Yorkers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's a lot going on there isn't there At least Eric Adams had to inform Jake Taber like, yeah, that's actually not illegal.
Speaker 3: Well what did he say? May believe it, you may not believe it.
Speaker 1: But actually people can say things even that are offensive, Like yeah, you're a journalist, Jake Tapper, you don't know the basics of the freaking First Amendment. Listen, even if you say something incredibly offensive, incredibly racist like horrific. Know the clip he's talking about too, which he mischaracterizes, but anyway, put that aside. Even if it's as represented, it's not even a borderline case.
Speaker 4: It's not close. I just listen, Donnie Deutschen there, His was probably the worst.
Speaker 1: It's in atrocity, a rally chant that you don't like calling for ceasefire. It's a atrocity, he says, because it doesn't have the word peace in it.
Speaker 6: Are you I just?
Speaker 1: And the erasure, the erasure of all of the Jewish students who are involved here just makes me insane because they keep conflating. They accuse these protesters of doing it, but they're the ones doing it. Conflating all Jewish people with the State of Israel and the government of Israel and their actions, that is actually anti Semitic, okay, especially when you have many, especially young Jewish Americans, who are appalled by the actions of this government and you want to associate them with a government that again is plausibly committing a genocide in Gaza's strip. And what impact do you think that's going to have If you force every Jewish person to be conflated with the State of Israel, that is not condoning but predictably going to lead to a rise in anti Semitism.
Speaker 4: It's just makes me so insane.
Speaker 1: And then Robert Kraft there at the beginning you mentioned him before, Yeah, that's probably the most consequential comments that we played.
Speaker 4: Here's a billionaire donor, very.
Speaker 1: Influential in Republican political circles in particular, but political circles in general, very influential at cub University because he's given oodles of money, I don't know how much to the school, saying he's pulling his donations and he believes in free.
Speaker 4: Speech, but but not when he disagrees with it, then he doesn't believe.
Speaker 2: Part of what bugs me about a lot of this analysis is it presumes that it's also okay. I mean, look, maybe it's controversial, but you know, even if white supremacists were on campus, as long as it's not hurting anybody, it is free speech.
Speaker 4: To you, like the right like thing being you know, being issued.
Speaker 1: It was very controversial ACLU, and they sort of like for each other apart. But that is like, that is the foundations, even things that are blatantly wrong, racist, anti something like, even if they were, and that's a mischaracterization of what's going on here. That's when the First Amendment actually comes important. When it's things that people agree, when they're comfortable with them, you don't need it.
Speaker 2: They're like, well, if they were saying the same thing about Jews or a or about Asians or Blacks, I'm like, well, you know, but I'm South Asian, right or Indian? I guess the South Asian is a controversial term. Here's a good example. If there was a there's like seekh separatists who are really big in America, and this drives Indian people absolutely crazy, especially the Indian government. And if there was a seek protest whenever I was going to college, you know.
Speaker 3: What I would do. I would walk past and i would go to the library and live.
Speaker 2: My life because I'd be like, first of all, I'm born here, I'm not from India. Second of all, I don't give a shit about seek separatists. But that's, you know, I guess more personal to me. Let's like turn up the let's turn it up even more. Let's say that there is a anti what Like, there's a whole thing going on right now with a title not nine or whatever with the women's sports and trans and all that, and there's even college athletes that have been speaking out against that. If there was a pro keep women in women's sports rally on campus, I'd be like, yeah, absolutely, you have to support it, and I have no doubt also that all of these other people would certainly also they would call for a crackdown there, and they would think that that is correct. So that's another thing where we have to not buy Dana Bash and a lot of the media framing here, which is they're like, imagine if and RFK Junior said.
Speaker 3: This too whenever he was here.
Speaker 2: We were talking about the university presidents, and he's like, imagine if they'd said that about blacks.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, well, okay, I mean it's free country.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't necessarily agree with it, but hey, like you got to be allowed to be able to say whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Let's not pretend like there aren't actual neo Nazi protests that happen. They're like sort of pathetic, you know, there was something that happened, like in Florida. They're pathetic and people find them disgusting, but the White House isn't putting on a statement on them. So I actually think it's all that should either yea, No, I think it's a polar opposite. Actually, I think there's much more of a reaction to people, you know, calling for divestment and listen again, if you don't like the rally chance, that's fine. You can be a friend of the rally chance, but you're not. It's not violence, it's not doesn't deserve the National Guard coming in and a crack. It's non atrocity. You want to see an atrocity, look at anything coming out of the Gaza Strip every single day if you want to know what an actual atrocity is. So, since we aren't at Columbia and neither are any of those idiots that we just showed you opining on what's happening there, thought we would bring you a thread of someone who actually was on the Columbia campus talking about what they witnessed. So we can sort a little bit of fact from fiction here on what's actually going on. Let's put this up on the screen. So this is Alejandra Ramos. She really works for the Today Show. But she says, listen to my usual TVV is food. But I'm also a current Columbia student, and I'm so sad and so frustrated with the way student protests on our campus are being reported.
Speaker 4: This will be imperfect, but.
Speaker 1: I can't watch things that are so contrary to what I've actually seen and stay silent.
Speaker 4: Go ahead to the next one.
Speaker 1: I'm concerned by the reports broadcasting from outside our campus gates with foot shot almost entirely off campus. Look closely at the videos. If there are stores, subway stops, close gates in the background, et cetera. This is not an on campus protest. This context matters. Continuing to the next one. Campus access is limited to those of us with Columbia I d's. The protesters on sidewalks, peaceful or otherwise, are mostly those who are not allowed to enter. Vile agitators screaming at students from outside campus are not Columbia students, and.
Speaker 4: This must be made clear in reports.
Speaker 1: Continue on reports that only show zoom interviews with students sharing one perspective feel irresponsible to me. How can you report on protests without interviewing a single protester? Why are their voices being excluded when there are so many of them willing to speak? And of course we all know the answer to that saga of why their voices are excluded by the way, Emily and Ryan have an interview set for tomorrow with one of the protest organizers at Columbia who, apparently when Ryan was in touch with her, she was busy buying the items that they need for their passover Sator dinner. So yeah, well know, there you go, some real anti Sabitic stuff going on there, that is it.
Speaker 3: Yes, agreed, I think that we should hear it out.
Speaker 2: I've done a lot of research, you know, I'm not necessarily predisposed to be like loving these people. Everything I have not found, you know, anything I find like particularly all that objectionable. And if you were to take a zoomed out view of this, I would just say, like, like you said, if you're offended by protest, chance, that's fine, you know, grow up.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: I live in an area where I disagree with like ninety five percent of my neighbors, and it's annoying, you know, walking by those dumb ass signs that are like in this house, we believe racist, you know, whatever signs is real.
Speaker 3: Et cetera.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit bombarded with George Floyd's face for the last four years, trans flags and all this other nonsense.
Speaker 3: Do I like it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: But you know what, I just live. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: That's like, That's why I don't understand why it is so difficult to you know, live in an area like that lady the Campbell Brown saying that she literally thinks she's safer in Israel, well then in the West Side. And you know my other response, if you believe that, then Leaf just leave, because honestly, if you think that a country where you've evacuated like two hundred thousand people of your population from freaking rocket attacks and you're in the middle of a war and you just had Iranian drones come to your soil and where they had to be shot down out of the sky by the US military, if you think that is safer than the United States of America, and you, honestly you shouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: That's my actual response to this.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so preposterous. Do you know I also used to live on the Upper West Side. I lived in all kinds of places in Manhattan. And do you know how many like happy, successful Jewish people there are. My daughter went to a JCC preschool there.
Speaker 4: Like it's just it's so delusional. I don't even know what to say about it.
Speaker 1: Like it's honestly, like the desire to like this shy, DIVIDI character, like the desire to put himself in the center of this, the you know, quest for this intense victimhood. Again, you cannot like what they're protesting, can you know, find it? That's all fine, But you're.
Speaker 4: A grown man like Deally.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything else more important in your life than not liking the rally chant of these students who you're there to teach.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know what to say about it.
Speaker 3: Very stupid.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to Donald Trump the his trial opening statements. All that stuff happened yesterday. Let's put this up on the screen. We got a little bit of some of the synopsis. Here is the New York Times opening statements in Trump's criminal trial.
Speaker 4: Five takeaways. Let me read you a little bit of their report.
Speaker 1: Remember there are no TV cameras a lot in the courtroom, although they are releasing full transcripts after the fact, which is appreciated anyway. They write, the charges faced by mister Trump may sound bland, falsifying business records doesn't really set the heart racing, but the prosecution made clear on Monday it plans on painting a much broader picture. Matthew Colangelo, prosecutor, laid down in his opening statement a tale that touched on tabloid journalism, tawdry affairs, covertly recorded phone calls. Jurors will likely be told about events inside fancy hotel rooms. Trump towered even the Oval Office, and the stakes the presidency. For the defense side, mister Trump's lead lawyer, Todd Blanche, used his opening statement to cast mister Trump's actions leading to this case as run of the mill business. Said, mister Trump is defending himself at trial, just as any of us would do. He argued the use of a non disclosure agreement, the document that Stormy Daniels signed after receiving the payment, was typical among the wealthy and famous.
Speaker 4: End quote nothing illegal.
Speaker 1: He continued, there was nothing wrong with trying to influence an election, adding it's called democracy. He also in this was notable and predicted, but aggressively attacked mister Cohen. Michael Cohen, former lawyer and fixer for mister Trump, said mister Cohen, who pleaded guilty to federal campaign finance crimes in twenty eighteen, was a criminal who can't be trusted. At its Stormy Daniels was biased against mister Trump and made a living off her story about the sexual encounter and called the heart of the prosecution case just thirty four pieces of paper that don't involve mister Trump. So you can see the you know, they're both trying to tell his story right in one story. This is an elaborate, potentially election defining cover up, you know, a criminal conspiracy where there was a hush money payment that was made in you know, under illicited circumstances. And the crime they can get them on is these falsifying and business records, basically lying about what the payments were for in an attempt to hide from the American public. What was going on the other side is saying, listen, this is standard business. It was Yeah, he was trying to win an election. That's not illegal, it's not a crime. It's just what politicians do. Nothing to see here, it's just you know, thirty four business records.
Speaker 4: No big deal. So and then also the trying to undermine some of the.
Speaker 1: Key witnesses is going to be a key part of this and Saga I mentioned this yesterday when we talked about this. There's an interaction in particular between Michael Cohen and Trump that Cohen claims occurred in the White House and part of this is you know, how much did Trump know?
Speaker 4: How was he in all of this?
Speaker 1: And that's a critical piece because you know, if it's a he said, he said, and they can really undermine the credibility of Michael Cohen. You know, that's obviously going to be important for their case. And obviously a lot of this also comes down to the jurors and how unbiased they can be and how they feel about Donald Trump and all of us.
Speaker 2: Huge, Yeah, up to the jurors. Also up to whether we believe Michael Cohen. We're going to get to mister Cohen here in a little bit in terms of his own credibility. And it also comes to the felony interpretation, right about how business records classify under US law or under New York law, and whether this was an intentional, like vast criminal conspiracy in addition to election interference. We do have some video of Trump who after the courtroom, where he spoke to reporters. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: But the point here is that the judge had no idea what was happening. And this is the same judge that two months ago made a ruling that shook the world. It shook the world everyone knows. Going to that trail, I did nothing wrong, and over here I did nothing wrong.
Speaker 11: Also, this is a Biden witch hunt to keep me off the campaign trail.
Speaker 10: Now, what are they going to look at comorans and what commerants did, because that's bad stuff.
Speaker 6: And what are they going to look at.
Speaker 5: All the lies that Colin.
Speaker 9: Did in the last trial.
Speaker 3: He got caught lined in the last trial. So he got caught lined, pure line.
Speaker 8: And what are they going to look at that?
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's what we've got. He's going after Michael Cohen. But Crystal, Michael Cole is not doing himself any favors. We're trying to remain unbiased.
Speaker 9: Is he not well?
Speaker 4: Yesterday we reported on some.
Speaker 3: Some liberal fans fiction.
Speaker 1: About Trump's flatulence is farting and passing out in court according to the lips. Now, the sleeping part, I think is pretty well sleeping big. That's real farting part unconfirmed, we'll say so. Anyway, Cohen getting in on the lib train with the situation. Let's put this up on the screen. He tweeted, Hey, von shitz in pants, your attacks of me stink of desperation. We are all hoping that you take the stand in your defense. So there you go, that's the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's me.
Speaker 4: And when you're trying to establish your creudit, I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, you're trying to establish your credibility and you are. Now you are a convicted liar. This is the other thing that always tries to create with Michael Cohen. Michael Cohen was one of the most craven Trump sick of fans for years until Trump screwed him and refused to pay his legal bills. Right, and then he gets convicted in court, okay, and then he turns into some resistance liberal.
Speaker 3: He met with Kanye West. I remember at some point he's just been you know.
Speaker 2: Writing books, just saw on the griff train ever since he had to sign uh what ever, since he served in federal prison. And now he the reason he's acting this way is because his income and his life depend on it, especially in the future future MSNBC appearances. Just so everybody knows, what's her name. Rachel matt was actually in the court yesterday. I mean, this is her superse This is literally her Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Michael Avenatti. Of course, of course, now he's he's now he's back on Trump's I mean it is. We do have to comment though, on the cast of characters that Donald Trump himself has surrounded himself with, including Michael Cohen. So okay, let's get to who they did actually call. There was a very brief amount of time. Apparently a juror had a medical issue they had to deal with, so they called the prosecution, called their first witness. Put up what element is that? The third one? Yeah, put up this tear sheet from the Washington Post. Who is David Packer, first witness and Trump New York hush money case. This is the guy who was the owner, is the owner of the National Inquirer. And he, you know, he's an interesting character. Actually, just to hear what he has to say separate and apart from this case is kind of kind of interesting. He talked some of some of the sort of trade secrets of the tabloid business, talking about what he calls checkbook journalism, meaning you pay for stories, saying listen, anything over ten k they had to get an official approval from me, also saying listen, in this business, I know that the only thing that matters is the cover.
Speaker 4: It's the front page. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing that matters. He testified for less than thirty minutes. But you know this is a man. He's a former publisher by the way of the National enquired just to get his title straight. He has a lot to say about long time interactions with Donald Trump, and this isn't really disputed. They use this method called quote unquote quote catch and kill, where he would buy up a story that's unflattering to Trump and then he would not run it. So he did that in two instances that we know of. One with the former Playboy models. Who's Karen McDougall.
Speaker 4: Who is that right?
Speaker 1: And I got her name right right, No, that's right, Karen McDougal, who claimed with some evidence that she had an affair with Trump.
Speaker 4: He bought that story, didn't run it.
Speaker 1: And then this less credible and I think not true story about a Dorman and Trump Tower who claimed that someone Trump had an affair with it was a mistress that had an abortion.
Speaker 4: So both of those stories he killed.
Speaker 1: The allegations are that they Stormy Daniels came to him with this story and she was asking too much money. So rather than the National Inquirer themselves doing the catch and kill, they sent this alerted Michael Cohen. He comes into play arranging these payments, figuring out how to do it in a way that's not going to be public. And that's sort of the backstory of this whole situation. So in any case, David Pecker is an interesting character and certainly has some compelling information with regard to this case.
Speaker 4: So it's not a huge.
Speaker 1: Surprise that he would be the first individual to take the stand on the prosecution's behalf.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it all comes back to the quote unquote catch and kill scheme where Pecker what is an American media man.
Speaker 3: I can't believe. I still even remember.
Speaker 2: They go and they pay for the story, and they keep it in their vault, and then it's a big question about election interference. As you said, it's a question also about whether this is legal, especially to the extent about the way that Trump paid her paid him. If Trump had just paid Michael Cohen out of his own personal account, then none of this would have been a story. But of course they tried to write it off on some FEC thing as an election expense. That then goes back as to whether it was FEC fraud. That's eventually what Michael Cohen pleads guilty to. Now, this case goes to the question again of falsifying business wrecords in New York as a felony.
Speaker 3: With the novel interpretation, the jurors have to buy that to buy.
Speaker 2: The felony falsification, they have to buy the broader scheme that happened as world trumpling.
Speaker 1: The campaign finance piece in particular, I think, is what's required.
Speaker 4: For it to be a felony.
Speaker 2: Right, So, and yeah, that is basically Alvin Bragg is charging under the theory that Trump committed a federal felony crime, even though that federal felony crime was never actually prosecuted by the Feds. This is I believe, and as we saw a little bit in the Trump defense, this is going to also be a key part of creating reasonable doubt.
Speaker 3: As to why they should not vote to a quit.
Speaker 2: And you know, the more I've been thinking about it, especially with that one guy who said he admired Trump, I think the likelihood of a hung jury in this is a lot higher than people might have led on. Yeah, just because of the novel interpretation that you know the details, and you really only got to convince one person that you're just going a step too far, which is reasonable enough in my opinion that you don't get a conviction. So the more I've been looking and thinking about it, I think Trump is a lot better shot here than people might have given him a credible.
Speaker 4: I think that's entirely possible.
Speaker 1: You know, who knows what the jury is going to find ultimately, but the campaign finance piece is an important part of that, because what the Trump team is likely to say is, like, listen, this wasn't about hiding this from the American public.
Speaker 4: He didn't want his wife to know, right, you know, there were other reasons.
Speaker 1: Probably there are other reasons why he didn't want this story to come to light, and it had nothing to do with deceiving the American people. Now, you know, is there are there conversations that would test that would you know, be a.
Speaker 4: Testament to a different interpretation?
Speaker 1: Are there, you know, conversations that he had where he's directly saying like, we got to keep this from the American people, And who cares what Malania thinks? What sort of things are going to come to light? We don't know, We don't know how the jury's going to interpret any of this, so we shall see. Let's put this last piece up on the screen. One of the interesting things that David Packard is very brief testimony yes dreams expected to continue today, said that he had two email accounts, one for matters I didn't want my assistant to see, which, again, is this kind of funny insight into the way that he ran his business.
Speaker 4: And being a very interesting character at the heart of this.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 4: That's what we know thus far about the Trump trial.
Speaker 3: Keep everybody updated.
Speaker 2: I know it can be boring, but it's one of those where the details matter so much because of the implication and who knows what.
Speaker 3: Wild twists and turns, mister von Hitchens that we will get out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nonetheless, we will at least get the diaper don thing, which I was not aware of, and now I'm deeply invested in in terms of conspiracy theory. At the same time, we don't want to take our eye off of RFK Junior. There's been some major developments and a major sign also that the Biden campaign certainly sees him as a threat. They trotted out all living Kennedy family relatives who were willing to come and endorse him.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen. My name is Joe Kennedy.
Speaker 4: I'm Kerry Kennedy, Flory Kennedy, Kathin Kennedy, Townsend.
Speaker 9: Chris Kennedy, and I'm here to proudly endorse Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Biden.
Speaker 8: Joe Biden.
Speaker 11: Our future is on the ballot in a way in which we haven't seen in generations.
Speaker 15: The only way to win this selection is for everybody to go out and vote for Joe Biden and come alas.
Speaker 4: What I think of modern politicians in our country in this century. I think Joe Biden is the RFK of his generation.
Speaker 6: Believes in democracy, believes in human rights, believes in the freedoms.
Speaker 4: Is a president who embodies the Kennedy legacy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, let me just say this.
Speaker 2: He believes in the freedom scra Do you know how insulting it is to RFK, the real RFK, who is a great man and a great politician, say that Joe Biden is.
Speaker 3: The new RFK.
Speaker 2: Whether his son is or not, that's up to him. He still has to prove that. But RFK himself, man, I think I used to at least have a Yeah, there we go. Got Robert Kennedy in his Times. It's a great book. I wish people would pick it up. And that is just one of those which really bothers me. But what is ironic about this is that as the Biden campaign continues to see RFK Junior as a threat, there's actually a lot of polling now that has come out to show that he may not necessarily be just a problem for Joe Biden. Let's put this up here on the screen. This is some new data from NBC News. They say how the race shifts in a multi way field compared to a binary choice. So what you guys can see in front of you is that with the two named candidates of Trump and Biden, that you have Joe Biden at forty four, you have Trump at forty six, and then you have ten percent who are not sure, wouldn't vote and other For five named candidates, you have thirty nine percent for Biden, thirteen percent for RFK Junior, thirty seven percent for Trump. So obviously that is a huge drop for Trump from forty six to thirty seven. Biden certainly does lose some, but it appears that he's going to lose some of that four to five percent Crystal, to Jill Stein and to Cornell West and that RFK Junior is actually pulling a decent chunk of votes away from the Trump campaign. It explains too why Trump has been attacking RFK Junior recently. But this is evidence I think that we you know, this is the most evidence we've had so far as a very high quality poll, just to demonstrate that this very much could make things a lot easier for Joe Biden to win reelection. If anything, we can think about it a little bit. In the Ross perro Vane, you know Bill Clinton, Yeah, he won three hundred some electoral votes.
Speaker 3: He only won forty two percent of the popular vote.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was hw Bush and Parrot that took the rest. Hw Bush for the rest of his life basically refused to say Ross Parrot's name. I think the closest he came is he was like, He's like, I don't want to like to say his name. I think it cost me the election.
Speaker 3: And that was it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was bitter to the very very end, and I mean maybe at a point I'm not really sure. But my whole point is here is that just with thirty nine percent for Joe Biden, If RFK Junior is able to take away let's say even within the margin of era, let's say ten percent away from Trump, that's a disaster for the Trump campaign.
Speaker 4: So here's the breakdown of the numbers.
Speaker 1: Specifically, if you take the Jill Stein and the Cornell West effect out of the you know, instead of the five gay ras, like, what happens with just the RFK voters. So it's fifteen percent of voters who originally picked Trump when it's just Trump versus Biden, fifteen percent of them switched to Kennedy. When you give them that option with Biden, it's only seven percent who originally picked Biden if it's just head to head Biden Trump who switched to Kennedy. So fifteen percent for Trump versus seven percent for Biden. And then they underscore something that I've been saying for a little while here, which is that Republican voters just have a much higher favorability for RFK Junior than Democratic voters do. So you've got among Republican voters forty percent positive and fifteen percent negative, so really highly net positive for Kennedy among Republican voters.
Speaker 4: Democratic voters is.
Speaker 1: Polar opposite only sixteen percent have a positive rating of him versus fifty three percent who have a negative rating. Now, listen, other polls have shown the opposite effect. So I think it's very unclear at this point because at the end of the day, he's still a Kennedy. And also the other dynamic is Trump supporters tend to be more enthusiastic and more locked in than Biden's supporters, so there may be more disaffected Biden voters for r K Junior to pick up than Trump voters. But it is I mean, this is something I originally when RFK got in all of the theorizing was like, no, he's definitely going to hurt Trump. Then it's sort of switched to now it's definitely going to hurt Biden. And I think it's unclear. But if I had to say today, I think this is more of a problem for Trump because you just can't deny that there's this overwhelming negative view of him among Democratic voters.
Speaker 4: And you also still have think about the way our politics works.
Speaker 1: I mean, everything is so centered around Trump and how you feel about Trump and how Trump feels about you.
Speaker 4: Et cetera. And he's gone after RFK Junior a bit, but more on policy. The vibes are like, I like him. I think it's better than Biden.
Speaker 1: You said, So he's getting the friendly treatment from Trump, he's getting the aggressively negative treatment from the Democratic Party, and I think that sends a signal to a lot of voters of like which side he's more aligned with. I mean, it shouldn't be that way, but that's just the reality.
Speaker 2: Good point negative polarization, Yeah, the biggest driving forces in US politics exactly.
Speaker 4: So in any case, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I think it's still unsettled, but I am increasingly see There's a Wall Street Journal poll that also showed RFK Junior taking more from Trump than from Biden, which begs an interesting question of why it is then that the Biden campaign is like so much more freaked down about him apparently than the Trump campaign.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there on the screen too.
Speaker 2: For ballot access wise, we're seeing a big, big development for RFK Junior. They a campaign announced on Thursday that they have gained ballot access in Michigan for the twenty twenty four election. Obviously Michigan key battleground state there both for Trump and for Biden. Trump wanted by about ten thousand in twenty sixteen. In twenty twenty, Biden one, but not by actually an overwhelming majority. There have been some issues there that we cover, you know, thankfully we did in Rhage and your focus group in Michigan, and we showed you that there is some real support there on the ground. Obviously, there's also a big Arab American contingent. To voters that are in Michigan, are they going to show up and are they going to vote for Biden? All of these are completely unknown questions. But the big picture is that he is gaining ballot access slowly, but surely. Let's go to the next one, please, because this also demonstrates where because of some of the money that they've got now, they're able to at least contest some of these challenges from the courts to his ballot access. So, for example, Hawaii's state Democratic Party, think about that has sought to disqualify We the People Party, which was formed specifically to get RFK Junior on the ballot. The state Democratic Party, according to the order from the Office of Elections late Friday in Hawaii, said that the Democratic Party failed to meet its burden of proof to boot the Kennedy Party from the ballot. So, as they say here too, while Hawaii's four electoral votes are not likely to be consequential, this is this victory, first victory against challenges and assigns to that keeping the independent off the ballot will not be as easy as Democrats have been thinking that it would be, and as they plan to do this across the entire nation. So this was a trial balloon. But where they're really going to be gunning for him is Michigan. If he does get Pennsylvania, if he gets Georgia and California, any of these places where he could either eat into the popular vote or actually eat into the electoral college.
Speaker 4: It's sort of.
Speaker 1: Adorable the account of how this went down because they didn't the RFK junior team didn't actually have a lawyer who was involved in these hearings. They just had like whoever they're you know, the like mom who's volunteering for their campaign on the ground in Hawaii was there. And in spite of the fact that you know, the Democratic Party, they had their lawyers whoever, you know, well paid, well trained, et cetera. And she was still able to prevail in this court in spite of the fact that Judge had to keep kind of, you know, explaining how this works and when she could speak in what sort of objection she could make, et cetera, et cetera. But ultimately they found there was really no merit to the case that the Democratic Party was trying to pursue against RFK Junior.
Speaker 4: Again, I just find it.
Speaker 1: I just find it really interesting that it's the Democrats who are so panicked about the idea of having RFK Junior in the race when it's really unclear who he's going to take more from, and so it's like, okay, well, rather than fixating on trying to crush this person, kick them off, the ballots offer voters any sort of other choice. I feel like, you know, in many ways, I don't really feel like RFK Junior is a choice, because they were all the same on a number of topics, but I won't put that aside for a moment. But rather than actually appealing to voters, their instinct is always just to like make it so that people can't have any choice. There was a really interesting I don't know if you guys saw this on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was just so perfect. Did you see this.
Speaker 1: Hillary Clinton tweet or this Nagan unto your time, Oh was just too perfect. So she tweeted out this chart. It was about climate change, and it showed under Trump the CO two emissions, under Biden the CO two emissions, and then what the target level that Biden himself set, not even like the bigger like European standards or whatever that Biden himself set, And it showed Biden wildly missing his own target that he met, but being slightly better than the Trump line. And she tweeted that out and was like, here's what's on the line.
Speaker 4: This is why you got to vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: And it's like this is just too perfect, Like you tweeted out a chart showing that you're honestly a little bit better than Trump, but still not even coming.
Speaker 4: Close to actually dealing with the issue. And it's just it's such a perfect encapsulation. Do you have what did she actually say?
Speaker 2: I have it here in front of me yet, which she said, what's at stake for our climate in this November's election?
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely everything.
Speaker 3: I'm blind the Biden line, the target.
Speaker 1: Absolutely everything. But he's still not going to do enough to actually like meet even the dumb about this too is that modest target that he himself said.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. There was also a pandemic.
Speaker 2: You know, there was a massive drop in CO two emissions and some of this is also so this doesn't even reflective of policy.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make it. This is what a stupid graphic on so many levels. Yes, but isn't it.
Speaker 4: I just it's such a just pitch perfect capsulation.
Speaker 3: If you the climate, then yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, okay, Biden's going to be moderately better, but we're still going to all, you know, die in the climate apocalypse because absolutely everything is on the line.
Speaker 4: Great, good to know, good to know if.
Speaker 2: You accept that framing, Yes, I could see why exactly that would be a problem. They're also let's put this up there on the screen. Some news from the Kennedy campaign. Nicole Shanahan donated who is the VP candidate for Urka Junior donated two million dollars to the campaign the day after that she was named to the ticket. So on March twenty seventh in the state of Nevada, two million dollars literally just on the day that she was named the VP. And of course she's probably got hundreds of millions of dollars at her disposal. This is going to finance both ballot access to initiatives and court challenges in the future should they arise, and are is definitely going to be a major asset to the Kennedy campaign going forward. So I think things are looking up for ourk Junior's campaign right now in terms of the ballot access. I mean Michigan alone, that's huge, just just as that state have it right exactly, that state could decide the entire election. If he just gets Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, then that's it.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: Now we're truly in the ballgame, and I think some Democrats are starting to take notice. You know, we've been watching some of the activists and others go after him. But I'm very interested to see how it all turns out. Let's move on to the next part. This is the story been dying to cover now for quite a long time, and now Joe Biden is ignited an international incident after President Biden has now been making the rounds recently telling a terrible tale. The tale is of his uncle, and his uncle was on board a US military aircraft. It was after D Day his uncle went down in Papua New Guinea while fighting in the Pacific Campaign. His plane crashed in this terrible incident, and he was eventually eaten by cannibals. This is the story according to Biden, and then we'll tell you what actually happened.
Speaker 16: And my uncle, they called him Ambrose Brosie, they called him my uncle Bosey. It's a hell of an athlete, they tell me. When he was a kid, and he became an Army Air Corps before the Air Force came along. He's those single engine planes as reconnaissance over war zones. He got shot down in New Guinea and they never found the body because there used to be a lot of cannibals, for real, in that part of New Guinea.
Speaker 3: As President Biden saying he was shot down, there's no evidence of that. And why is he saying that his uncle was eaten by cannibals. That is a bad way to go.
Speaker 12: He lost his life.
Speaker 15: It's not look, I'm not we should not make jokes about it. I mean your last line, it's for a laugh. It's for a funny, a funny statement. And he takes us very seriously. His uncle, who served and protected this country lost his life serving and that should matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it should matter. And the details of that should matter too. And let's put this up there on the screen. It turns out that basically none of that that Biden said was true. President Biden, it turns out was talking about his uncle, Second Lieutenant Ambrose J. Finnegan Junior now Finnigan, who was the brother of Biden's mother, according to Biden, got shot down over New Guinea. However, the US government record of the crash, says of the missing service members, does not attribute Finnegan's death to hostile actions or even indicate Cannibal's were any factor. According to US military records and the Pentagon's MIA Accounting Agency, he died on May fourteenth, nineteen forty four, while he was a passenger on an Army Air Force plane quote that for unknown reasons, was forced to ditch in the Pacific Ocean off the northern coast of New Guinea.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: Both engines failed at low altitude aircraft nos hit the water hard. Three men failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash, according to a survivor of the crash itself. The agency also said Finnegan was a passenger on that plane when it was lost. Quote, he has not been associated with any remains ever recovered from the area after the war and is still accounted for. So again, he didn't go over and he didn't go down on New Guinea. He went down near New Guinea, lost his life in a tragic accident. It appears not due to hostile enemy actions. Doesn't erase the man's service at all. It took a lot of courage to fly on board some of these aircraft in the Second World War. If anybody wants to go watch Masters of the Air and see exactly what it was like up there.
Speaker 3: It was a total nightmare. So I'm not a racing his man's service at all.
Speaker 2: But I do think it's actually pretty despicable that you would invent some horrible death, you know, for political purposes of your uncle who tragically died in the Second World War.
Speaker 3: And so this is either like a family tale gone awry, very.
Speaker 2: Possible, or just straight up Biden embellishment for the sake of embellishment. And the funny part is it has now caused international incident. Let's put this up there on the screen. The leader of Papua New Guinea quote takes offense after Biden implies that his uncle was eaten by cannibals. The Prime Minister quote accused Joe Biden of disparaging the island by implying that the uncle was eaten by cannibals during World War II. Biden's comments now have offended a key strategic ally in the South Pacific, and the Prime Minister said in a statement that he appeared to his imply his uncle was eaten by cannibals, and his remarks may have been a slip of the tongue. However, my country does not deserve to be labeled as such. And you know what he's right now, is true that they're cannibals or whatever on Papua New Guinea. Yes, there have been some documented instances and all that, but in this particular, in this particular instance, Biden's straight up wrong. According to the US government itself.
Speaker 1: Yes, he goes on to say, perhaps he says the remains of World War two like scattered all over, including the plane that carried President Biden's uncle. Perhaps, given President Biden's comments and the strong reaction from PNG and other parts of the world, it's time for the USA to find as many remains of World War two and P and G as possible, including those of servicemen who lost their lives. Like Ambrose Finnegan, The theaters of war in PNGG and Solomon Islands are many and littered with the remains of World War Two, including human remains, plane wrecked shipwrecks, tunnels, and bombs. Are people daily live with the fear of being killed by detonated bombs of World War Two. So he really touched a nerve with these stupid, fake cannibal comments. This is a corn pop level Joe Biden's story, Like it really has it all. You've got the like you know, old man low key or even high key racism, the you know, just like why would you There's so many stories that he makes up that you're like, why would you even make that up? What is going through your mind that you think that this somehow serves you in this moment? And then the fact that he just accidentally, through his verbal cannibal diarrhea, stumbles into some like international diplomatic conflict. It's this is just Joe Biden perfection, absolute perfection. Here by the way, for what it's worth, I looked into the whole cannibal situation New Guinea at that time, and yes, you're right, documented instances, but as scholars immediately reacted, they're like, people weren't just eating random guys who fell from the sky.
Speaker 4: There was as part of a funeral ritual. There was some ritual. Can in that context, It's not like everyone's just.
Speaker 1: Going around eating people all the time. Just so people out there know what the reality is of what was going on.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Ristal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is a Jared Diamond is a great expert on Papua New Guinea. If you ever want to go watch some of his videos on the subject. There are some interesting there are some actually interesting survival tales of World War II planes that went down on Papua New Guinea. But it is certainly not involving any family members of Joseph Robin Ed Biden.
Speaker 3: There you go, invidible.
Speaker 2: Now, we would you remiss though, if we didn't at least tie some politics into this. Let's put this up there on the screen. What do we find that a Harvard poll of young voters says that Biden has a lead with Trump, but just nine percent of the country. Nine percent of these young voters think that the country is moving in the right direction. So despite the fact that everything is going down, Biden does have that lead over Donald Trump. This is according to registered voters, with younger voters showing Biden pulling a fifty percent support over thirty years or younger compared to Trump's thirty seven percent, But just nine percent say that the country is quote generally headed in the wrong direction, and a full sixty percent say that the country.
Speaker 3: Is on the wrong track. There are some though troubling findings though, Crystal inside the poll for Biden on the topic of Israel.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a number of interesting and difficult findings in this poll for Biden, including yes, he has a lead over Trump, but it is not as large as his lead was last time, so that matters. There's also a tremendous gender gap. His lead among young men is just six points. Among young women, his lead is thirty three points. There's some graphs you should take a look at that show you know at the same time that young men, in terms of their political preferences, although not in terms of some of their issue support, but are becoming more conservative.
Speaker 4: Young women are becoming more liberal.
Speaker 1: Something we've talked about before that shows up in this poll, which is a very interesting phenomenon. His lead overall among eighteen to twenty four year old So if you're looking at the youngest part of this poll demographic is fourteen points, and among the twenty five to twenty nine year old, so the somewhat older ones, it's actually larger twenty six points. So younger Americans, the eighteen to twenty four are actually you know, I mean, they're still favoring him by fourteen points, but the gap is a little more and narrow, which is interesting as well, in contrary to previous trends and dynamics where young voters are getting like more and more and more democratic, progressive, whatever, huge gap in terms of college students and college graduates versus the races even among young people who are not in college and who don't have a four year degree. But you're right to the point about Israel. I mean, there's just like massive overwhelming support for a ceasefire, including among every demographic group that they test, including among young Republicans. So it was across the board, massive support for a ceasefire. And then if you dig into his approval rating by issue, the issue on which he gets the lowest approval rating of everything is what they describe as the Israel Hamas.
Speaker 4: War at just eighteen percent.
Speaker 1: Wow, So a lot of warning signs for him with regard to how young voters are feeling about him, what direction politically they're moving, what issues they're prioritizing, and certainly how they're viewing his unconditional support for Israel.
Speaker 4: At this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that it's a key point. We have talked a lot about the gender divide and the breakup. I mean, I think that's the barstool phenomenon. I'm also very intrigued exactly by what you pointed out about the tie between people who didn't go to college. That is the education phenomenon which is showing itself there. So we continue to see where the I mean, actually they're both bi directional, because whether you are a woman or not is highly determinative these days of whether you're going to college, as opposed to if you're a man. They're a likelihood if you go into college is a lot lower today than it was in the past.
Speaker 3: We're getting to a two to one.
Speaker 2: Ratio very soon on some major college campuses, so that will heavily inform our politics and the economy, which.
Speaker 3: We'll get to.
Speaker 1: It's worth looking at the poll if you guys have time, because there's some interesting questions they asked to to try to get it, like how young people feel about different gender dynamics. And they ask them questions like, you know, do you agree with the statement these days people are just too soft? Or another one was Another one was these days women are too promiscuous.
Speaker 4: Most people disagree.
Speaker 2: I think too statist one tells us that women are not that promiscuous anymore.
Speaker 3: That's true according to.
Speaker 1: Do Well, and most people disagree with that statement. By the way, Republicans agreed with it the most. On the too soft one, I think Republicans overwhelmingly Young Republicans overwhelm agreed with that.
Speaker 4: So anyway, they asked some interesting stuff that's worth it.
Speaker 2: I do agree people are too soft, but it's not it's not a youth phenomenon. But that's a whole lot.
Speaker 1: I think some of these people complaining about college protesters are definitely too soft.
Speaker 4: How about it.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, that's exactly what I meant.
Speaker 2: I think our elites are actually the ones who were softer than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's go ahead and move on to some very serious topics with regard to Israel. Put this first report up on the screen, and so we're still trying to figure out, you know, what the hell happened with Iran, what's likely to have in the future with Iran, how this all unfolded.
Speaker 4: New York Times has a report.
Speaker 1: Take it with a grain of salt because it's frankly very flattering to the Biden administration.
Speaker 4: So good to keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: But the headline here is Israel planned a bigger attack on Iran, but scaled it back to avoid war. The strike on Iran on Friday was originally intended to be much broader in scope, but after intense pressure from allies, Biden being one of the key people that they talk about here, Israeli leaders agreed to ratchet it down. The story they tell for what it's worth, and soagram interested to hear your read on this is that basically, you know, the Israelis are trying to sell this line that they had no idea Ron would be so upset over us bombing your embassy and taking out your top military commanders.
Speaker 3: That's bullshit.
Speaker 1: There is no way, these people didn't know that this was a big deal and a massive escalation.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then the Iranian retaliatory attack, while it caused next to no damage because all of the everything was effectively shot down with very few things that actually got through, it was in its breadth much larger than originally anticipated. Again according to this article, and so immediately afterwards, the war cabinet had planned a much more aggressive response and one that they had planned to do like basically instantaneously. And then the report says Bbe talked to Biden and he was kind of talked down from immediately doing that, put some time, and then did the more limited strike which allowed iron to save enough face to sort of it appears back away from the conflict, although you know, we're taking some of the fallout here because our troops are now once again, our service members in the region are now once again under fire from you know, Irani and affiliated proxy groups. So in any case, this is the story that The New York Times has to tell that President Biden was hero here and talked Israel out of making the situation, which was already incredibly dangerous, even worse than it already is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we can actually see also is that they talked about this quote huge offensive operation that was going to be carried out again. Also if the Iranian strike had materialized. Initially, they actually believe somehow that Iran had planned to attack with a swarm of large drones up to ten ballistic missiles. There Israeli and military leaders that all agreed on a massive counter strike. Some of this was eventually paired back by the US. But I would note a couple of things here. So it does turn out that we do have some influence with these folks whenever we want to use it whenever it comes to Iran. But second, also under estimate the war mongering like nature of a lot of the people inside the military establishment inside and political establishment inside of Israel. They were ready basically to push the red button and drag the entire world into a world war. It's only because America tried to push it back down a little bit and got them to do what they want to do that we have somewhat of a release vout. But don't be so sure that we'll be in control there in the future. This is a very very dangerous situation.
Speaker 9: To me.
Speaker 1: This lends credence to the report we brought you yesterday that was from an Israeli TV outlet that Biden was basically like, all right, fine, you can do your Rafa invasion if you do a more limited attack on Iran. If this report is true, I think it fits together with like, so what did Biden say in that conversation that.
Speaker 4: Really persuaded babe? And you know that was I guess the leverage rather.
Speaker 1: Than withholding weapons or doing ane of the things we want him to do and study, He's like, how about I sacrificed the Palestinians in Rafa, and you know you feel good about that, and then you can do this more limited strike.
Speaker 4: So to me, that seems to be the picture that's coming into focus.
Speaker 1: So we covered yesterday there's already been some strikes in Rafa, two strikes that killed twenty two people eighteen children, three women and one man, including one of the women was pregnant. They had to cut the baby from rebelly. Thank god they were actually able to save this premature infant. But that's the picture of what's going on there. We also have some important Israeli domestic political news.
Speaker 4: Let's put this up on the screen.
Speaker 1: So the head of Israel's military intelligence has actually resigned over failures in anticipating and planning for the October seventh attack, he said. Major General Heron Haliva said in his resignation letter that he took responsibility for the military intelligence failings that preceded Himas's attack, which is widely regardless of worst security failure in the Jewish State's seventy six year history. He also called for an official investigation to be carried And they say that this departure is quote widely expected to be followed by further resignations among Israel's military intelligence leadership, with several other senior officials having admitted failings in the run up to Hamas's attack, and it's also expected Sager to increase some pressure on Netanyahu himself to admit some mistakes or launch this long anticipated investigation into what the hell went wrong in anticipated October seven because I don't know if you guys remember these details, but multiple confirmed reports at this point have come out saying, yeah, they saw them planning, they actually had the attack plans and were just like, and they're not going to do it. We don't think they're going to do anything. So and you know, specifically with regard to BB and his coalition. They had moved some of the IDF units that were would have been in that nearby the Gaza Strip part of Israel to protect these you know, settler maniacs in the West Bank to you know, Appeace Ben Gavir and his people. And so that's part of why not only they fail to anticipate, but then the response was horrible. It took hours and hours for you know, many of these people inno sence who were being slaughtered to have any official help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is especially ironic because this means now that Bibi Netanyahu is now the only member of these really military establishment who was there on October seventh who has not taken responsibility for them, and instead he is actually sailing to re establishing his power. I mean, you have to in some ways just respect the cravenness of the man and how good of a politician he is. As you said, already polls are showing some people are like, yeah, you know, it was definitely bad, but he moved past it, and so you know, we'll rescue him maybe. And the other side they have few points, but he's been working with them by and large and so maybe we'll keep him. Actually, and that's exactly what dragging yourself into a bigger war despite a massive disaster was meant to do in the first place, which is, you know, pretty astounding. And I do do think it is genuinely disgusting that in their democratic society and all that which they like to brag about all the time, the person at the top who was genuinely responsible at a very deep political level and military level, has not had any accountability, while the underlings, who sure they definitely have some don't nearly as much as he does have have been allowed to take the fall.
Speaker 3: It's not right.
Speaker 1: The other thing is his whole thing was mister security. His whole thing was vote for me and I'll keep you safe. Like your core thesis about how to achieve that was completely wrong, and you were sleep at the switch and you are out there on the record multiple times talking about how you need to support Hamas and the you know, it's clear the ideology. We need to make sure we have this talking point of there's no partner for peace there. We can't possibly work with a mass. We need to keep the West Bank and the Gaza Strip divided. We can control the level of the flame quote unquote, we can go in and quote unquote mow the grass from time to time. That ideology was a comp leet failure when it comes to his core promise to the electorate being a you know, a security prime minister keeping them safe. That was the core promise. And so the fact that he's he keeps swishing it up, and that's why the war for him politically had to continue, is because he's said, listen, once this is over, then of course we're going to ask all the hard questions. There's going to be accountability, we're going to look into this, etc. And so part of the motivation to keep this thing going is because you postpone indefinitely that reckoning. Hope memories fade, Hope people feel different, Hope you can bring them some sort of you know, quote unquote victory that they find satisfactory, that they forgive and forget the failures leading up to October seventh. That's the game he's playing, and so far, frankly, he's played it with regards to his really domestic population very well and also played Joe Biden and the US political class like a fiddle as well.
Speaker 3: Very true.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into the very latest atrocities discovered in the Gaza Strip. So you'll recall there was an all out assault on the city of Communis. Now where people are finally returning to that city and we're getting a sense of what the hell happened there. The devastation, annihilation is just, I mean, there are no words for it. And the latest discoveries are some of the most horrifying I've seen. You put this up on the screen. You've had multiple mass graves now now uncovered by the Gaza Civil Defense Agency in Communis. They're saying, and you know, mainstream media outlets are by and large not able to get in the Gaza Strip, but they're confirming the best way they can that you've had somewhere around two hundred and eighty three bodies, hundreds of bodies discovered decomposing in these mass graves. One of them was one of the large ones, was by NASA Hospital. It's known that there was intense fighting, shelling, bombing, all the rest in and around that hospital.
Speaker 4: We're seeing the horrors here. Reports are.
Speaker 1: This includes you know, not just men, but women, the elderly, wounded, young people with hospital tags still on their arms children. Just an absolutely horrifying scene. CNN had a report they had a stringer who was able to visit the scene on Sunday. They said that some people had buried their family members around the grounds of the hospital in January as a temporary measure, and then when they returned after the Israeli withdrawal, they found the bodies had been exhumed, apparently because the IDF was using DNA testing to determine whether any of the hostages held and Gaza were among the dead, and then they were dumped in these collective graves, is what they're saying.
Speaker 4: So just an absolute horror here.
Speaker 1: And you know, the other piece of this is there's like a little bit of mainstream discussion about this, but the New York Times in particular, how many stories did they do yesterday about like college protesters and whatever.
Speaker 4: This was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: I've got three in front of me right now, actually on the front page page.
Speaker 1: Ironically, Let's see what they just didn't even cover, mass grave with hundreds of bodies.
Speaker 4: Not worthy of coverage.
Speaker 2: Let's put the next one up there on the screen too, because this actually highlights another important thing that you were talking about. There was if we were all recall a UN review where they say Israel has yet to provide evidence that the staffers are actually terror group members. This was important because this was why the US and several other nations ended up pulling funding from the organization, and it significantly disrupted a lot of the aid that was going into the Gaza strip. But Crystal now several months later, you know, they have not been able to provide any evidence, both to the United States, to the UN, and to any other large body with evidence that they had initially claimed in a so called dossiated news organizations that have been able to actually.
Speaker 3: Be backed up.
Speaker 2: The UN oversight body that did look into the allegations within their found you know what was it like twelve instances or something like that, but the vast majority of their staff were not involved, and the Israelis have been able unable to provide widespread evidence in the organization itself.
Speaker 1: To my knowledge, there was no confirmation even if those twelve that was what the Israelis had claimed. They still this is months later, right, and this is after UNRA was defunded by some sixteen different countries. Now many of those have come back in but the US has since passed legislation saying UNRAS to be defunded at least until twenty twenty five, the number one aid organization on the ground, as we pretend to care about Palestinians starving in the Gaza strip. So no, they haven't provided any evidence about the twelve. They certainly didn't provide They made this much broader claim of like, oh, there's hundreds of Hamas affiliated people in UNRA. They provided no evidence for any of this. The unreinvestigation has been unable. And by the way, this was led by a former French foreign minister. Led this what they call a neutrality review after Israel alleged that twelve UNRAS staff took part in October seventh. So it wasn't like, you know, an UNRESK staffer, which the Israeli is a smirit As being like basically Hamas.
Speaker 4: It was this attempt to bring in an independent.
Speaker 1: Third party who could look at the allegations in a serious way. And you'll recall also so immediately fired the twelve people just based on these allegations, which frankly seems unfair at this point given that there is a proof to back it up, and the US immediately just based on the allegation was with no proof, and we saw the thing that was being shopped, the dossier that was being shopped, and that mainstream news antlets like the Wall Street Journal just you know, printed like a press release effectively with no evidence. So in any case, that's we immediately the US immediately. This was right after the ICJ said it's plausible committing genocide. On that very same day, we defund UNRA, helping to further that plausible genocide.
Speaker 4: And now here we are.
Speaker 1: Months later, this report will barely be it won't even be remarked upon by the most of the American media or political class. It'll just like the many other investigations that we're always waiting for the results of, you know, this will barely see the light of day.
Speaker 4: So that's where we are.
Speaker 1: I wanted to update you all on something that's unfolding that I think could be very significant. There is an AID flotilla that is attempting to leave from Turkey Medea. Benjamin of Code Pink is among the individuals who is on that AID flotilla. They're attempting to break the blockade of Gaza. This isn't the first time that a similar flotilla of aid has attempted to reach the Gaza strip.
Speaker 4: More on that in a moment.
Speaker 1: Actually interviewed Medea before she left over on Crystal Colin Friends about their goals.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 6: I am going on a ship that we want to go to Gaza. I don't know if we're going to mention.
Speaker 4: That, well, I was on sure if it's public yet, well, yes, we can.
Speaker 6: Talk about that, which is part of the Freedom Flotilla. And this is a tradition that in the beginning, when it first started, actually a couple of times the boats landed in Gaza. But then after that the Israelis stopped the boats from going, and in twenty ten they actually landed with by air on the boat and killed ten of the people on board.
Speaker 3: I remember that the Lavi Marmara.
Speaker 6: So this year very soon, actually we will be leaving very very soon, and there are many hundreds of us, and we represent people from thirty different countries and we will be bringing many many tons of humanitarian goods to Gaza and trying to make it by chip, and of course we hope that we will make it. We are prepared if we don't make it. I mean, we were totally nonviolent. We hope that the Israelis don't come on board and start shooting people, but we are determined to go because we have to show that a couple of things. One, the Israelis are not letting in humanitarian aid. They are and they should not be the ones to inspect this AID. We've had other inspectors and they will come and inspect our boats, but not the Israelis because they use any excuse to stop the AID from going in, and they don't have the legitimacy to be the ones to inspect that AID. And we want to show that Gaza should have the ability to use their ports, to use they did have an airport, you know, until the Israelis bombed it, and to be able to come in and out by land. And that's why there is a siege on Gaza. And there was a sea John Gaza way before October seventh, and so we think it's important to try to break the siege of Gaza.
Speaker 1: So she refers to the fact that in twenty ten, the same group free to and Floatilla is sort of a coalition of groups. They attempted us similar you know, aid mission with similar flotilla, and the IDEA raided the boat and killed ten people. Yeah, that was massive, massive diplomatic crisis. Let's put this up on the screen from the Washington Post with a few details here they say Gaza Aid flotilla plans to challenge Israeli blockade.
Speaker 4: The organizers say.
Speaker 1: They say they're preparing to sail from Turkey in the coming days on a mission aimed at breaching Israel's naval blockade and highlighting the lack of aid reaching Palestinians in the besieged enclave. They go on to say the flotilla is well traveled route the Mediterranean has gained new relevance during the current conflict, as governments and relief organizations like turn to sea deliveries to circumvent what aid groups say is Israel's persistent obstruction of deliveries to.
Speaker 4: Gaza over land.
Speaker 1: And Sagar I was able to get in touch with Medea yesterday and she said, I can you know, share this publicly because I was asking, you know, how are things going, what's the update, how are things looking? And she says it seems the US, Israel and Germany are pressuring, pressuring Turkey's Artawan not to allow the ships to leave Istanbul. We hear the Deputy director for counter terrorism from the State Department is here to talk about this, but there's a lot of grassroots pressure in the opposite direction, given that millions of people in Turkey donated money for this mission. We'll see what happens tomorrow, as we're supposed to leave on Wednesdays. So this could be potentially very significant because it could really put the US if they're allowed to leave Turkey, which apparently is an if, could really put the US in a very difficult spot here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why we're flagging into everybody, just because we're aware of how crazy the last one went and it caused a major stand up. I remember that very vividly at the time. That was a huge news story and it took over absolutely. It almost broke diplomatic relations to turn into a whole thing. So if this one is allowed to go through or you know which air Towan, it certainly would be in his political interest to do so. It's not as if though the US wouldn't be trying to pressure it behind the scenes to dr block it as well. But if they find their way over there, everybody tune in because that is going to be a standoff for you know, for the ages.
Speaker 4: I certainly believe, so yeah, absolutely, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Final thing, Crystal appeared on the Piers what is it called Piers Morgan uncensored?
Speaker 6: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Okay, Beer's Moregan uncensored And there were some fiery exchanges. One gentleman in particular on the panel just wouldn't shut up. But we did cut some of the highlight reels to the extent that we were able to pull some. Let's take a liston.
Speaker 9: I mean, I can listen.
Speaker 17: I believe fundamentally in the right to free democratic protest. I mean it's the bedrock of any free democratic country, but I don't believe in violent hate rhetoric. And if you're a Jewish student at one of these colleges hearing some of these chants, which we're all hearing, it's pretty terrifying.
Speaker 3: Isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well here's what I would say.
Speaker 1: First of all, I go wajahat and saying I'm glad that both of our two co panelists are okay, and I certainly support the call for justice for Joseph, and I hope his assailant is in fact apprehended and accountability is meted out. It's disgusting and frankly a cheap trick to use some isolated incidents to smear an entire protest movement. And I think it's very clear what's going on here. You know, a majority of young people and a majority of college students, majority of Biden voters believe that Israel is committing a genocide and that American taxpayer dollars are going to assist in that genocide. They're outraged by that, and they're protesting. And by the way, the one.
Speaker 9: On Jews and you are clearly you must and Jews, am I going to be allowed.
Speaker 6: To be here?
Speaker 4: Am I going to be allowed to speak here?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So a majority of.
Speaker 1: Israel is committing a genocide and they are protesting that. And by the way, they've won the argument. If you look at now, it's sixty forty against sending military aid to Israel. It's a majority that disapprove in America of Israel's action with regards to the Gaza strip. So it's a cheap trick as old as time, use a few isolated incidents to try to smear an entire movement. Which has the benefit number one of attempting to delegitimize it and number two of distracting from the continued atrocities which are unfolding at the hands of the IDF in the Gaza strip.
Speaker 4: So this is listen.
Speaker 1: I condemn anti Semitism. I certainly condemn violence. But let's be serious about who the villains are.
Speaker 9: Right now, would you agree that Hamas are the.
Speaker 3: Hang on? I've asked a question. Would you agree?
Speaker 1: Of course the villains terrorists, and so is the Israeli government given the number of civilians that they have intentionally targeted and killed, including targeting with a complete siege which has triggered a famine. So, first of all, intefada means uprising from the river to the sea. Somehow, when it's you know, Benjamin Nan Yahoo using that phraseology, you're holding up a map that literally shows Israel.
Speaker 4: From the river to the sea. Can you please, dude, just for a second, okay.
Speaker 9: Calling you.
Speaker 3: So listen, it's a lot there. I don't really know that man is too much.
Speaker 1: That is did not shut up the entire It was not just me, it was everyone, including peers. Peers are trying to ask me a question. You wouldn't even shut up to let the host ask a question. It was such a waste of time, to be honest with you, like that that you saw there. It was a freaking forty minute segment. That was the most I was able to get in because this man was just ranting and raving the entire time. I was like, what are we doing here? What is the point of this? And the point is just a circus, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, no, no shade Peers, but I have feel like that is just continuing the what we saw there is exactly the issue I've had with a lot of the clips that I've seen go viral from his show, and that's I exactly even told all the people when I moderated at zero Hedge debate, I was like, look, guys, I think everyone there had been on Peers or had participated in something similar, and I was like, we're not doing that here.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're not screaming over each other.
Speaker 2: And it does require I mean, in the future, what I would recommend to them is, and I wish i'd had this too, you should be able to cut people's bike they're doing something, because there's just a nightmare otherwise and it just destroys the entire discussion absolutely super annoying. Yeah, it makes it difficult on your part. It makes it difficult, you know, even for the other people. What Jahad and others who proticipated, it's like, hey man, this takes time out of people's day, Like you got to make this actually worth not just our while, but there's an actual audience that is out there. They're the ones who this is supposed to be to their benefit. That is also lost in some of this too.
Speaker 1: The other woman who was there said all kinds of things that I wildly disagree with, but he could have had an exchange that was much more more interesting than just this man like ranting incoherently.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It was anyway, like I said before, it made me very grateful for this me. I always asked myself when I get asked to do these things, like you know, go on peer short show or whatever, I'm like, you know, do I not want to do it just because it's like I'm my conference zones, it's got to be confrontational whatever, Like am I just being like a baby and that's why I don't feel like doing it? Or is it like is there a legitimate reason, and this was a reminder that there are at least some legitimate reasons. Although I do blame myself in part because I made the very rookie move of agreeing before I knew who the other panelists were going to be.
Speaker 4: I knew the topic, yeah, but I didn't know who I was going to be on with.
Speaker 1: And next time, if there is a next time, that I will not make that mistake again.
Speaker 4: Although the other thing they'll do is.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know specifically in Peers, but people will they'll like switch out guests and so there's no sties.
Speaker 2: Look, I had two hours to moderate Israel debate before people, and it wasn't enough time.
Speaker 18: You guys had what twenty minutes something like that. Yeah, it's just it just it's not possible. In general, I feel like four people is two. It is way too get two people who are solid and can really like get into it. And to me, it's much more interesting because the minute you add all these voices, you're just asking for this chaos, circus carnival atmosphere, and it becomes very difficult to drill down on a point because if you are trying to do a good job modering, make sure you spread the time around, like you know, by giving people equal time, it means that if you've got two people are really going in on something, they're going to be cut short too. So anyway, whatever it is, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Peers for having me on.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate the opportunity and trying to be ungrateful here and I you know, there is an irony though to the fact that his show, I guess is called Piers Morgan uncensertain He's on there like let's censor these college kids.
Speaker 3: Speaking. It does see a lot of that very different in.
Speaker 4: The UK, which Kim's fairness, Yeah, very true.
Speaker 3: He definitely found that.
Speaker 2: I mean, so it's funny because to me, I will never forget Peers because of that whole gun control thing back in twenty thirteen. Whenever he's seeing the show is canceled because that is when his like UK conservatism mashed up against America and it did not work out well.
Speaker 1: And listen, he should give himself more credit because he has been one of the big platforms for pro Palestinian activists that aren't allowed on a lot of other channels, and so he has genuinely had a platform that has been open to free speech, so you know, don't get squeamish about it when it's you know, things that make people uncomfortable that's subject to right now, just a total like unhinged moral panic that.
Speaker 4: Is really disconnected.
Speaker 1: I think we've seen from reports on the ground, from the reality of what's unfolding up these college campuses.
Speaker 4: True what I would say, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much for watching.
Speaker 2: Become a Premium member if you can, and look out for tomorrow Ryan and Emiley You're gonna have a great counterpoint show.
Speaker 3: We will see you all on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Keep Keep.
Speaker 19: Shop, ShopKeep shut, Keep.
Speaker 3: It shut with
Speaker 6: Shot