Speaker 1: Sometimes White.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Fish on First on Foul Territory.
Speaker 3: Network, already Fishing Filtered, episode one to eleven. Busy week with the Marlins. There's a lot going on. The MLB Draft is coming up, All Star weekend, the Derby, all that stuff. But the Marlins find themselves in a really good spot. They're currently at the moment of recording, they are fifty one and forty two, so nine games over five hundred, tied with the Philadelphia Phillies for the second wildcard spot. Phillies are if the season were end today, the Phillies do get the second I believe because of season head to head, But Marlins aren't a really good spot currently. You know the team right below them, which is the Saint Louis Cardinals, who are just out of the wildcard spot, only two games out of it, so pretty good cushion. And you could even make the case that the Moms are in a fight for the division only three games out of the top spot. So here with isaacazooit aj Ramos, Isaac, it's a fun time to be covering this team, watching this team. It can't get any better than this, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I was trying to think of the last time the Marlins were this many games over five hundred at this stage in the season. I didn't have to look back too much. Obviously it was twenty twenty three, or on July fifth, they were fourteen games over five hundred. You just sort of forget how good and I guess I don't want to say lucky, but just how crazy. That team was led by Skip Schumacher and Kim Ang. But this just seems a little bit different. It seems it feels more sustainable. It feels like this team, genuinely speaking, is one of the powerhouse teams in the National League, which is just it feels weird to say in mouth on this show, given just how many years of ninety plus lost seasons we've covered you and me, Kevin, So it's great to see. Just since the month of June, it's been spectacular. Being fifteen and two at home over the last seventeen contests there is just really incredible, and to really form one of the better hopefield advantages in all of Major League Baseball despite the lack of crowd is just it's special, and it's something special is going on down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Marlins are one of eight National League teams with a plus run differential. They have the sixth highest of those. And you look at the Phillies, they have a negative ten run differential. They should be three games under five hundred per the expected win losses. But aj, you know, just how fun is this?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You look? I think a big reason for this success has been the offense. We're going to talk about one of the pieces that they just lost, but just how good has its been? Especially after the series in Colorado the had Saint Louis the Sacramento one, like the power was on full display.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's been a glow up.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think this team has always been exciting, even last year when I first started to work around June around it's been a year now. The team, even their losses seem exciting and you can see that they were competitive all the way up into the last out, and now they've transitioned okay, being competitive to winning ball games, to being in every ball game into competing and keeping leads once they get them, and even if they're down, they're still battling to the last to the last out. And it's funny, man, I mean, a lot of talk was was being said about the way the Marlins were doing things, all of their innovation, oh the pitch calling, all these.
Speaker 5: Different things, and now look what's happening right now. It's working.
Speaker 6: What they're doing is working their systems, the things that they have been put in place. The players are all bought in coaching this whole the whole organization is brought into this whole system and it's paying off for them. So it's really exciting to watch. It's really cool to see the growth of these guys. A lot of young guys on this team, and they to be adapting to the league a lot faster. And it is because of the information that they're given, and not just the information that they're given, but the way that they're giving it as well. They're able to translate it to where the players can understand it to then apply it, and that's one of the biggest things. So I think you're seeing the team head it in the right direction and I'm really interested to see, you know, where this leads, Like at the end of the season, what are we going to be looking at? Right And it's exciting to think about because you see the way they're playing and you see the potential of making a playoff run and just you know how baseball is, man, it doesn't matter what your record is when you get into the playoff mode. It's anybody's game. Like you get hot at the right time. It doesn't matter what your roster says, or the payroll whatever, It doesn't matter what any of that says. It matters about the the best team playing at the end of the year. And once you make it, if you make it to the playoffs, then you have a chance to be that team.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, go ahead, no, I was just gonna say. I mean, Aja talks about, you know, a wild card, Like you look at the Marls rotation. It's what Sandy uri max and you could put them in any order. You never know what can happen, especially you know, pitching is so important in the postseason, you know, especially you know with the guys that they do have the options that they have, Tyler Phillips could come out of the bullpen, you know, and any with those situations, you could start a game, you know, Like I feel like if obviously health is health permitting, Like if the Marlins are in a situation where if the season were to end today and you're one of the postseason. They're in a much better spot than I think they were in twenty twenty three. On top of that, I think this offense is just so much better than the one we saw in twenty three, Isaac. I know we've tried to do our comparisons from that twenty three team, even to compare a little bit in twenty five how we thought that five team was even better. But truly, this is I think for us to at least the best team we've covered since starting on the beat, and I don't think it comes close. Like the bullpen that twenty three had is obviously phenomenal, and the pitching that they had was really good even with Sandy out, But twenty twenty six this team is so much better on so many different levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean pretty much everyone that's getting a regular playing time at the play is sporting an OPS plus.
Speaker 4: Over league acage over one hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean you look down to their number eight hitters, you know, with freaking Ariberta Hernandez sometimes sitting down there and he's got an OPS plus a one to twenty. It's just such a lengthened lineup. It feels that you know, they're never out of a ballgame. That's so big for these starting pitchers, for guys like Tyler Phillips, guys like Sandy and Uri, they don't need to have their A stuff every single time because they know their offense is can pick them up.
Speaker 4: And that's just a huge asset to have.
Speaker 2: And I think a good offense is just as important as as pitching a defense. Despite everyone's saying it's pitching a defense, you need to have a good offense too.
Speaker 4: Look at the.
Speaker 2: Twenty seventeen Astros, you know, look at the twenty sixteen Cubs. You had good offenses and that's what really helps you catapult yourself into World Series.
Speaker 4: Contention.
Speaker 3: One guy I want to shout out real quick is Javier Sonoha. He's having an awesome month to start this month, a nine oh seven ops. He's writing a four game head streak. We know we spoke about the production at third how it just hasn't been good to be you know, the Marl and so have some of the worst third base production in baseball. I was actually looking I looked us up yesterday as between all the third basemen combined, they have four home runs hit as a group. There in the position that you would think you'd usually get some more juice. But Sonoha has certainly been a you know, a help there for sure, So shout out to him, but really quick on the housekeeping side of things. Two roster moves not confirmed yet because we're recording this before them, but Christina Dinokolovan will be dot Com reported that Reese Hines is getting recalled from TRIPA A Jacksonville. He was acquired from the Cincinnati Reds when he was in DFA limbo. The Marlins traded Zach mccanberley the other way. Mccabley's been up a couple of times, up and in like an up and down situation, and then going on the injury list. We will assume it's going to be Owen Casey, who left the game after just like the top of the first because of a right calf strains I believe what it was or tightness. Obviously tough loscarus case he really had finally gotten a going, but Reese Hine will probably provide you some power. The big issue with with Heines is obviously the high strike out rate. If we thought Casey struck out a lot, Heines is up there too. In that sense, Isaac thoughts, I guess on Heines, how tough is it to lose Casey after he thought you were finally lengthening out this lineup at full strength. Casey obviously a huge part of that, and I know, you know, he was huge against right handed pitching, didn't really face a lot of lefties. But still, I think you're getting to a point with Casey where you're finally starting to see that early season Casey, but a little bit on a more consistent level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Hines, it will be sort of like a shot in the dark. You know, they're hoping that their development team can unlock something with Heines, who you know, a former top draft pick. I think it was a second round pick in the same year that Blade was drafted in twenty nineteen. And he has really just proven what he can do at the upper miners. There's nothing left for him to prove, and unfortunately a very limited sample size in the major league. He just has not been able to hit, has not been able to put the ball in play, and to be fair, he has not gotten a ton of runway with Cincinnati when he was in the major league, So it'll be interesting to see I think this is also a timely call up, just because they have a couple of lefties on their schedule upcoming this weekend against Cleveland, does Miami and then through the all stop breaks. So maybe you know we won't see Hines for that long. But I think if there were a different time of year, or if it were a different injury, we would have seen Kemp Alderman. But I think this is just to sort of see if they can get lightning out of a bottle here.
Speaker 3: And then on the other hand, Janson Junk. We're recording this on Thursday before Janson Junk is set to make his first start off the injured list. AJ, what have been your thoughts on Junk this season so far? What do you think had worked for him and hasn't worked for him? It's been a lot of mixed results so far. I'm sure he's gonna be on a pitch County won't go very long, maybe four five innames. He only made two rehab starts, one of them was cut short because of the He got hit with a comeback on the wrist and put through a pitch design on Monday. On Tuesday, and yesterday was announced that he would be starting Thursday's game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's good to have someone like Junk back in the fold. I feel like he gave you consistent starts every time every fifth day when he took the ball, so and it felt like he's figured out something since last year or yeah, last year and this year, I feel like he's really turned a corner. So I think, you know, having another solid arm in your rotation, another guy that can can get you some some innings, it's also going to help out the bullpen, and uh, you know, I I just feel like, you know, he's he's really raised the ball on what he's been able to do. I mean, he's always he's had to be a control guy. But along with that control, it seems like they tweaked the pitch usage and they tweaked just a few things on on how to maximize not only the location that he has, but the pitch tunneling as well.
Speaker 5: So I feel like he's a guy that.
Speaker 6: You know, is a stabilizer in in the in the staring staff, and there's another guy that can can give you some link and again, uh, the way this bullpen has performed, especially with the starting injuries, the injuries to the starters has been amazing and so now you get another starter back, it could possibly potentially give you a little bit more rest on that on the back end of the bullpen. I'm sure that those guys need it, even though the All Star breaks coming up, you know, so they're gonna be extra rested. And when you have the talent that you have in that bullpen and they have some rest and it's to restart that that's even more deadly that they can be back there. So it's gonna be it's gonna be good to have him back, and uh, it's good to it's good for Junk to be back as well, because I feel like he was really starting to cement the way he was throwing and figure some things out to to really maximize his abilities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got your rotation set for the next at least a month or so two months, and this could be all the way through, should we say October. I think that's what you got because you were hoping maybe on Snelling and Thomas White contributing if things were to get sexy in the second half of the season, but unfortunately that's not gonna be the case. But this could be on barring anything on the trade deadline. This could be your your starting five during crunch time.
Speaker 5: The season, It's summertime.
Speaker 7: You know what we do at FT We look for hacks. How can we feel like we can do it all outside with something that's breathable, something that feels premium.
Speaker 5: FABLETICX hooks us up.
Speaker 7: I've got the cloud jersey t It is super soft Crats, but it works at the gym, it works when I'm on the show, it works when I'm going to meetings. It is the true super utility player.
Speaker 1: Same here. Difference is I got the nice stripe across, so you can have style and also have versatility, because you know what, I'm gonna go to the gym probably in the same stuff that I'm gonna have my meetings in, and the same stuff that I'm gonna go out and have breakfast in.
Speaker 3: So you know what.
Speaker 1: This is where Fabletics got me and Krats.
Speaker 7: Everyone can shop now at athletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything. When you sign up as a new VIP, take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul Wind prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so don't wait again. That's babletics dot com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 3: Are you fine with this rotation? Tyler Phillips, a guy who went five innings the other day, You could have even like I was a little surprised he took him out pretty early in the game because he actually on he could go longer in games. He went eight in Saint Louis, I believe, and you could give you some length, but they did decided not to do that, you know, especially on a day where you knew after Junk was gonna come back and he wasn't gonna go very long, So they went with Gibson out of the pen for two Peterson and the end of it with with Fairbanks, who his last two outings have been pretty good. Or are you Are you fine with where they're at there? Do you still think they should add another starter if they are in a position a month from now to buy or a couple of weeks from that at this point to buy, or do you think this is it, this is what they'll go with and they're finally regardless of you know, lack of depth and triple A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't complain with the results regarding yesterday's telor Phillips start because anytime you have a combined shutout, obviously they did the right thing. But I think this must be with later on this season, like the future being kept in mind here, because with Tyler, they obviously feel he's gonna be started for the rest of the season, if not maybe the rest of his Marlins career.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I'm not sure why they didn't stretch him out last year if that were the case, but it would be.
Speaker 4: Fine if you had.
Speaker 2: You know that Thomas White or Robbie snowing down there ready to contribute and help. I'm not sure what they think about Brax and Garrett at this point. Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't seen him either, because he could fill a role in either long as a long man in the bullpen or in the starting rotation. But the fact that they haven't gone to him yet it's a little bit, you know, eye opening a bit. So if it were me, I definitely would be adding at least a little bit of pitching depth at the deadline, and from what I've heard, I haven't heard Sodian pitcher or relieve. But I've just heard long Man Bridge type guys that could help contribute at some point, but you just don't want to have to go up and call up Dax Fulton or Bradley Blaylock. No offense of those guys, but they could use a little bit more depth here because we don't know how long year he's gonna be able to go deep in the games. They don't even let him go deep in a perfect game. You don't know how long Tylor Philps can go into games. You don't know how deep Jens and Jungle be able to go into games. So I think some more innings would behoove this.
Speaker 3: Team, all right, Moving on to the All Star All Star weekends coming up. I know AJ was able to participate in one of those. Must have been fun, real quick, Max Meyer, Auto Lopez, the Marlins two All Star representatives, first time since twenty twenty three. They'll have multiple guys going to the Midsummer Classic. Who knows, maybe another one goes. Zach Wheeler obviously should be added in there, and I believe he's not added because he can't pitch the game, which is stupid because he certainly has earned himself the right to go. Robleski from the Dodgers probably may go to assuming, you know, all the good guys start to fall out. But Sandy could have a shot. Everyone seems to be under the impression, just the way he's thrown the last month, that he could have a shot. He's the innings leader, leads IMLB an innings pitched. That was the talk of the town yesterday that they think maybe Sandy could be added to the roster. But Isaac and I see your face. I think you don't think Sandy's very deserving, which is fine, but thoughts on Maxinatto getting in. There are two guys who are very deserving of it, and I think a couple of snubs on the Marlins side. I think with with Liam and Xavier Edwards.
Speaker 2: That I don't think Sandy's deserving. I think he's deserving every year when you're leading the league in innings pitch. I just don't think he has performed the last month though. Yeah he has the wins, but even he's just been you know, there's too many big numbers there on his line from what I think in order to be appointed, I'm not sure, but I don't I don't see it.
Speaker 3: Take a lot of these days for a picture to get in there.
Speaker 2: I feel like right well and with Auto and Max, just two complete fantastic stories from different ends of the spectrum. Right you have a number three overall pick in Max Meyer, who has really dealt with such a myriad of injuries all his entire career. He's been told he's a reliever by me and a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Since he was drafted.
Speaker 2: Right he was even closing games out for Minnesota in college, so we all thought that was his future. I thought that they were wasting everyone's time by having him the rotation, and he has just proven everyone wrong in such a big prolific weight, not losing his first game until July of this year. So incredibly deserving for Max Meyer and Otto Lopez, like we always say, designated the for assignment twice before the twenty twenty four season, Miami picked him up for nothing. We saw the potential with the glove right away in twenty twenty four, we saw some potential with the bat last year, and it has all come together here in twenty twenty six into one of the best individual seasons I've seen by Marlon shortstop since Haley Ramirez was yere in two thousand and nine, So incredibly deserving for both of them, and honestly two of the better guys in that club house. Max sort of keeps himself a little bit quiet, and then Auto Lope is just one of the nicer guys in the entire league.
Speaker 4: So really deserved for them both, and very happy.
Speaker 3: Max won't be pitching the All Star Game because he lined up the pitch yesterday against Seattle or Monday or Tuesday, sorry, and he is going to pitch Sunday, So the series finale against the Guardians, he will be in Philly. He's going to go through all the festivities. He'll be introduced to I'm sure a booming crowd of Phillies fans when they introduced the violins because of the and the least but AJ thoughts on this, and I want to get your your side of this. How were you told you'd be going to the All Star Game? Was it similar to how most people are told where they're told in the clubhouse, where you know they announced all the guys, or how to go for you guys.
Speaker 6: So I'll touch on that first, then I'll talk about the Well, no, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Talk about the guys first.
Speaker 6: First of all, you know, I relate to these guys in a sense where in the middle of their careers, especially with Max Meyer, you know he's drafted, you know, high up, but it was almost improbable at some point right in his career. Now at the beginning, you're thinking, yah, you know he's going to be this or whatever. And for for Otto Lopez designated for assignment twice, there's a certain belief in yourself that you.
Speaker 5: Have to have to be able to withstand all of that.
Speaker 6: All of that, all those obstacles, and for Otto to be able to overcome those and still believe in himself, and for Max Meyer to overcome all of the talk that a lot of the media were doing about him, you got to truly believe in yourself and to be able to accomplish something and to make an All Star team has got to be a is a great feeling that I relate to that I was drafted twenty first round, signed for one thousand dollars, but I believe that I was an All Star even from then and all throughout my career. I believe that I was someone that can achieve something like that, and I always believed in myself even though people were telling me, we're trying to put a ceiling on who I was as a player. And then to finally to overcome all those odds and to be told that you're an All Star is one of the greatest feelings in the world, man. And so hats off to both of those guys to continue to work to not allow the negative parts of their career to stunt their growth or inhibit their success.
Speaker 5: And honestly, to be able to do this, you have to use all of those.
Speaker 6: Negative things that happened to you to fuel you to be a better players.
Speaker 5: And that's what they did.
Speaker 6: They use all of those those things to continue to work and continue to improve on how they improve on their game and be good enough to be to make an All Star team. As far as the way I was told, it was a little bit different than what these guys were. I mean, every time I hear a call up or someone get named to an All Star and I see the video of it, I get a little bit emotional because it reminds me of when I was told, right, and it's a dream come.
Speaker 5: True for us. We Jeffrey Laurier, which was.
Speaker 6: The owner came in at the time, came in and uh he was in the in the manager's office.
Speaker 5: I think who was it? It was it.
Speaker 6: Uh, it was maddingly mattingly I think sixty and Uh So they called us in, like, hey, we're gonna have a meeting and they called me for that, Noel Rodney, Jose Fernandez and who is the Marcelo or Zuna? Yeah, and we're all in there and.
Speaker 5: He's like, all right, guys, we have some we have some news for you.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey wanted to be the one to tell us and he was like, you know, I wanted to first and foremost congratulate you guys on becoming an All Star All Star. You know, appreciate all the work you've been putting it, put it putting in, and uh, you know, we're looking forward to to seeing you guys out there. And then gee, was one of those additions for the for the the home run derby? Yeah, and uh yeah it was. It was a cool time, man, because you think about all of the things that you had to overcome to get there. And for me, it really hit me once I saw my family there at the All Star Game, Uh, sitting there watching me and just being able to hug them and and and love them because they'rere the reason that I was there. Their belief in me when no one else had any belief. Uh, you know, my my my parents, man. Uh, they and my brother, my sister, and my grandmother right there and my my brother's wife and.
Speaker 5: Man, we uh. It was just an amazing moment.
Speaker 6: To be able to share that with them, because they were the reason that I was.
Speaker 5: An All star.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Those tough days when I felt like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I have enough.
Speaker 6: I don't have you know, when I specially I was in the minor leagues, like there's so much, so many people that are better than me, and and I'm not getting any opportunity or whatever it was. I called my dad and he he called me down.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: All those moments allowed me to keep believing in myself so that I can continue working. And then it's something like being an All Star. So I imagine that the path for Auto and Meyer was somewhat similar in some instance.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there was times where they were like, man, do I have it? Do I have enough?
Speaker 6: I've been you know, in Auto's case, I've been let go by two teams like, what does that mean for me? And to continue to battle through that, that's such an amazing thing. And then to be an All Star and be deserving All Star and lead the league in the average and hits and all these different things, and Max Meyer turning that corner, So you know, I really feel those moments with them. I get chills thinking about, you know, those guys going to the All Star Game. It's well deserved and I'm extremely happy to see something like that.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers.
Speaker 5: Joining the action is easy.
Speaker 8: Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in there game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers, Make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, AJV well one.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool that Laura tolds you in person, because if I am on the franchise show. In twenty twelve, John Carlo got the he it was a phone call from Jeffrey that he's the aulsar for the day. And what made me think of this? You had four other teammates go with you. Where were you happy, like relieve that you had, especially your one of your boys go with you, or did you've liked to go alone?
Speaker 6: Like no, Now, I was happy, and the more the merrier, because when you go to those things, man, it's it's it's weird. I wasn't the most social guy with other players, because you know, being a bullpen, you really even like run into guys.
Speaker 5: You know, when you're on the field, you kind of.
Speaker 6: Talk to the first basement and second basement when you're on basis and stuff like that, so you kind of have more of an understanding. But as a reliever, laid in and guy and always kept to myself as far as like on the field, you know, I always felt like the team was the enemy, you know what I mean. So that was like my my mentality. So I didn't I knew other guys, and other guys knew of me, but like not enough to like just go hang out with somebody somebody else, you know. So having my teammates there to share that with, right was really cool. And Jose Jose, you know, everyone knows him, so uh, you know, brighting his kind of coattails and meeting other players that I may not have met because I wouldn't have went up to anybody because I don't want to be a fanboy at All Star game because we're all over there, you know what I mean. So, you know, being able to meet some of some of those guys and be among the best in the game is a kind of a surreal moment, especially as I sit here right now, you know, the retired, just thinking about Damn, I was really an All Star.
Speaker 5: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: You had a pretty it was a pretty loaded NL All Star team. Who's one guy that you were like, that's so and so, like, who's the one legend in there, because there's a couple David Ortiz.
Speaker 6: David Ortiz was was the guy that were it was It felt surreal. I mean, it's a guy you grew up watching, you know, and for him to be there and it just that's a legend. It's a legend, man. So that was that was the guy that kind of like was the uh just the big big name for me, and yeah, you know, and then uh, I've never really had a chance to talk to Bryce Harper, like playing against him, but.
Speaker 5: We sat together on the bus and chop it up a little bit. Like so he was a cool dude. You know, I didn't expect I didn't know. I didn't know much about it.
Speaker 6: But again, you know, the other team's enemy, so like always like I hate that guy, you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: When you're in the batters.
Speaker 6: But I kind of had a little bit of a Tyler Phillips like I hate Batters type the feeling, you know what I mean. So, uh So, being able to chop it up with some of the guys that I faced, what was a cool experience and be like, oh, yeah, they're human too.
Speaker 5: It's cool, Like, you know, I don't have to hate them, they're cool people.
Speaker 2: Good to find out Bryce Harper was only two for eleven against you in your career, not.
Speaker 5: That Yeah he didn't, he didn't do all that much against me.
Speaker 6: But again, like you know, it's when I face those guys I faced like the superstars always raised my game because I was like, all right, let's see how good you are. And then I you know, I always wanted to show my stuff against some of the best. Sometimes I'd walk a guy if I had two outside, walk a guy. Uh, to face a Harper. I know, that's not the thing that you want to do. And my dad would always come He's like, hey, you got to stop doing that. They're gonna make you pay for that. But like, I want to face that guy. I want I want to face the best in this game in the biggest situations. That's what I want to do, you know. So so yeah, man it again, I was you got to have a screw loose to.
Speaker 5: Be able to pitch. I definitely had a couple of screws loose.
Speaker 3: What was the what was the Derby experience? Like because Big G was in there, and then it was a whole group of you guys. I think you mentioned this on another episode where you guys started the thing where you guys gave G the water and all that stuff. Yeah, break, Now the Derby's going back to the swings, not the timers. So it's gonna be a lot cooler this year too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was I mean, being able to watch the home run Derby. I mean again, I revert to whenever I was a kid watching the Home Run Derby on on TV and just being like, look at all the guys and their cameras and their kids, and they're sitting down on the on the foul lines and just watching it, and so like I was, I was living a literal dream, you know. And and to know that my family was in the stands, uh to see G go off, just go off and and and he wanted I believe too, he won. He wanted the Derby there. And afterwards, uh uh, we were in the tunnel. My I have my family come down and my dad got to hold the home Run Derby trophy and he took a picture with him and G. So it was a cool moment. I will say that I'm glad now that they have an extra day off after that, because when you go to those that that All Star break, it's not really a break for the people who made the All Star teams. Now they have an extra day off so that you can actually have a break. But I remember leaving there just I felt like I didn't have a break because I didn't.
Speaker 5: I was tired. So the second half started off.
Speaker 6: A little bit sluggish for me, I believe, but but yeah, still, it was a moment that I'm never gonna forget. It was one that I wish I would have gotten more more merch and stuff from.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't. My ego and all that stuff. Was like, I'm gonna be back, don't worry about that. I'll do it again. I'll be better. I'll be back.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, wasn't able to be back. But still, man, it was an amazing moment. And I imagine that those two guys Meyer and and and Lopez are gonna have a great time. And it's it's something that man take as mini pictures, take as many memorabilia whatever, man, because it's it's truly an accomplishment and you got you gotta maximize your time there.
Speaker 3: This podcast is brought to you by jet Ski Rentals of South Florida, offering Miami's best jet ski and boat adventures. With six jet ski locations and over one hundred and twenty boats, there's something for every style and every budget ride. Jet skis right in front of the downtown Skyland and ferris Wheel. Or book your own private boat starting as little as three hundred dollars with the captain included. Bring your drinks to your friends and enjoy the water your way. The boat is completely your for the time you reserve it. There are reservation based only the book called three h five nine nine zero two one nine two or check them out at online at SF jet Ski Rentals dot com and make sure to use promo code fish on to receive a ten percent discount on your next booking Again it's three or five nine nine zero two to one nine two or online at SF jet Ski Rentals dot com.
Speaker 2: Auto said he has his red carpet outfit already set up from a few weeks ago. You strike me someone that would you know, prepare an outfit as well for that?
Speaker 4: What did you wear the red carpet that here?
Speaker 5: I did wear? I wore a suit. I wore a gray suit.
Speaker 6: But this this was this was before like all of the red carpet stuff.
Speaker 5: If it was a red carpet, I would have definitely elevated.
Speaker 4: You've done something weird, and I.
Speaker 6: Would have done anything weird. It would have been man, I don't I'm gonna do anything. Were something fly man, it'd be something.
Speaker 5: Fly nice and things like, oh look at him go. I definitely would have had it picked out.
Speaker 6: As soon as I would have found out I was an All Star that next day, I would have had called somebody like, hey, let let's let's get something made real quick, because I got looking sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just I remember seeing guy like Ellie de la Cruz. I forget who else last year's Red card. They wear some strange things. Not strange, not something I could pull off, but interesting. The choices. These days it's.
Speaker 5: Called fashion man.
Speaker 6: But now then I think Greg gam singer for MLB Network, was wearing shorts.
Speaker 4: Yeah with the cable dresser. I'm sorry. He's a great guy.
Speaker 5: He he he.
Speaker 6: Goes for the for the shock factor and everything, you know what I mean. Like he that's his like gimmick.
Speaker 5: He likes to do that. He likes to be shocking.
Speaker 3: That's like the weird factor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and like same thing, like he likes to talk about the jinks, like a I'm I don't jinx anybody, but.
Speaker 5: Talks about like, oh, someone a no hitter.
Speaker 6: And you know, like he's like he's the he likes to cause controversy, but in a in a positive type or you know, funny type of way.
Speaker 5: So that's that's his thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll never forget when in twenty four he called the Yoshinobi I'm a Moto no hitter before any Marlin even took that bad and Jazz took him deep. First pitch, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Like he may throw a no hitter and then bamn Homer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first pitch. Yep, you mentioned the break a j So they do get the fifteenth and the sixteenth off, and then they have the Marlins get off to a road trip right away, three in Milwaukee, which is tough. Then a Houston team that is starting to surge. So we'll see what happens there. But I think we'll wrap it up here. All Star weekend coming up, we'll have some stuff on the draft as we get back. The Martins have the fourteenth pick, two days. I think it's one through four the first day with the comp stuff in the middle of the competitive bound rump picks, and then uh the rest of the way through Sunday at eleven thirty, So so weird time with the draft. One point thirty is right before the Marlins game. There's a game that day, and then obviously Sunday Day two there's also a game, so a little weird. I prefer the draft when it's on a Sunday night where everything's over by that point. So anyways, we'll wrap it up here. We have a cam Canerell interview towards the back half of the week. We had the draft stream on Saturday, I believe at two thirty. So that's always a very highly viewed because either the Marls can make a great pick and we'll all be very happy, or it could be what we saw two years ago and it'll be a catastrophic reaction from us. They're there, yeah, yeah, yeah, Aja, we got to show you the video of two years ago that was that was really bad. But anyways, up here, I'd.
Speaker 6: Like to think that like now that they have they're figuring out what what's successful with their players, so they have more of an understanding what to look for, So I would like to think it would be more of a a little bit more educated, not that it was never educated, but a little bit more understanding of the right type of player to put in your system.
Speaker 5: So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. The PJ one was like a shock factor thing more than anything. But yeah, all right, we're wrapping up here. Two more uh two more episodes dropping this week. A lot of content coming up, all being Philly for All Star weekends, so I'm excited for that. But anyways, from AJ, Isaac and myself, will see you guys on next week. Beast out and I was always go fish sh