Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim Love Loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah? You know she raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, We're gonna laugh, cut him and kicking, and at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits thick you want to revisit so your first.
Speaker 2: Second listen, young folks are your slip?
Speaker 1: Oh folks say we dig it? Hey, no fish, do what you do? Can't do what you do? Can't no do what I do?
Speaker 2: No, Hey, welcome to laugh and learn with your host slaman road. That would be me And I'm here with my wonderful producer, mister Aaron and my girl Bobby Clifford. How you text?
Speaker 1: HI? How are you?
Speaker 2: I usually donna bring you in this jera, but we're gonna talk today because you know, if you don't get Bobby her time to talk. I love mister Bobby cliff But baby, that lady can go go, go and go I'm like, Bobby, breathe. Just breathe a little bit, Bobby, just breathe. Hello, Bobby, how was your week?
Speaker 1: It's so first, so good. It's gorgeous, summer's coming and I'm loving. I'm loving every minute. But no more of the crazy wildfire air. We didn't get much of it in Boston. But things beautiful here.
Speaker 2: Great. Great. My week was pretty productive. I went this past week. I went to excuse me. I drove to Oakland, California, and I experienced Lunelle taping of her special that's executive produced by our friend to the show here, my boy, mister Dave Chappelle. It is going to be called Chappelle Presents Lunelle. It's going to come out on Netflix and Bobby Clifford. I've known Lunelle for maybe eighteen to twenty years. I've seen Lynelle do stand up on stage and I've chuckled, I laughed. I've never bowled over or fell out. But this experience here put a new fresh face on who Lunelle Live is as a comedian. Lunelle is a bona fide goat of comedy, and not no female goat on the male goat, but a goat of comedy, and goat stands for greatest of all time. It was so phenomenal, Bobby, and she brought back to comedy what has been missing to me for years outside of myself, which is fine. Everybody has a message or a platform or an agenda. She had none of that. She sat on her fat ass on her words, not man, her fat ass on that throne and talked about an experience on the airplane during the pandemic for forty minutes, and it was absolutely hysterical. She came at it from all angles. It was relatable to all nationality. It was just pure, unadulterated funny. Now, of course she used for family were grown, but it was so funny and so relatable to everybody in the room. This one here is gonna be for the books. I damn show thinks she's gonna win an Emmy. And when this was Special drops, It's gonna be like a train with no brakes. Everybody Special dropped in the last ten years, man included, about to get mold down, were about to get ran over.
Speaker 1: I think that's terrific. I can't believe it. I saw, well, you know, my cousin went and She thought it was absolutely dynamite. She had a terrific time. They're big lunel fans anyway. They actually for their honeymoon they went to Vegas and Salo. Now that was their honeymoon, so they're crazy fans.
Speaker 2: Thought it was the best by the way I met your people they came. They were so pleasant, so wonderful.
Speaker 1: They're adorable, huge flame fans, huge, huge, huge flame fans. So they were we love it. Yeah, as excited to meet you in person as they were to see the show. But they had a great time. They didn't really give me any detail. They said, I was going to have to wait and watch the show, but they thought it was absolutely terrific.
Speaker 2: You're going to really be blown out the water. It was really really fantastic, Boby, see, it really was.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to wait now though, that's the problem. I don't want to I remember when you did, when you did yours, you were saying, it's like six months. I want to wait six months.
Speaker 2: Remember it was six of us.
Speaker 1: This is true, true, true, true.
Speaker 2: So it should be a lot easier, maybe maybe maybe sixty days at the most. But when it does come out, I'm encouraging all you all to get your Netflix. She had the password whatever you need to do. And I tell you guys that Lanelle was so fantastic. And here's what flowed me the most. I know her. So sometimes when it's a friend, you seem to be a little more critical, maybe a little more harsh, because you were the first. I couldn't it was. It was. I was enamored as a student, as a friend, as a fan, as a participant. It just who And it really made me go back to the drawing board to say, I need to rewrite some different things. It was fantasm It was so it was so inspiring, Bobby. So I'm so pleased for her.
Speaker 1: I love that that because I love when we can learn from our friend. I love when we can learn from anything, any experience out of curiosity. Did you get the opportunity to tell her how phenomenated you thatt she was? Because we loved that right that we did it.
Speaker 2: Right, I did it. I spoke to her on the phone and that there was an emmy coming. She and she sent me a message and I want to read the message to my fans because I want you all to know these were her words and not man. So a lot of people gave her phone calls and messages and whooped the dup and whopped the box. But she sent me a personal message and said, she said, ooh, where is it? I want you all to see it. She said, oh, oh, shoots, I'm looking under the wrong thing. You know, you know I told you one. Anyway, she said, she says flame. I got a lot of responses and well wishes the past couple of days, but the message that I got from you was above and beyond anyone. In capital letters, no caps, we have cried continued to be the flame we know and love because what I felt, I went public and said it just and Dave came behind it and said it was a masterpiece as well. It really was a masterpiece to me. It's on the level of Eddie Murphy's wrong, and that is something to be see it.
Speaker 1: There's still they're still putting clips up. I mean every day I see something because it's the summertime. Someone just put the clip up of the ice cream man right when he was when he was in ro doing the ice cream. I key myself every single time because I can absolutely remember it. It was like when Wanda said the I think you have to be in a warm and humid area. The mosquito man. I remember that we'd go behind the trucks and all those chemicals would be coming up and we'd be like dancing in it. They get it. Well, God, that's probably why why I'm a little half looped.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think, well, thank you, thank you for letting me know that. But I didn't even know the reason why I was all shit crazy.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the moscuito man. But yeah, I know, I think it's terrific when a friend does that. I think that's and Tony Rock opened for her.
Speaker 2: He was great as well. And Dave came out after and cleaned it up. It was so wonderful. And I hope by next day of Chappelle. Ooh, I'm just saying, when it comes out Chappelle presents schom Now we need Chappelle Presents Mother Goose because I could be Mother Goose again. But yeah, it was so great. Okay, onto the real world, the world, onto the I want to give a shutout, a huge shutout to my President, the one and only President Joseph R. Biden, for getting the Deficit Acts bill passed. Y'all stay with y'all want to yeh, he could be two thousand years old, but you don't see him on the news every day. That's because he's working and doing the job. The reason you saw the other one on the news. Here Vigo digo reality TV. He's a reality TV star and when we get to him, reality TV don't get no better than it's gonna get tomorrow, y'all.
Speaker 1: It's it's the truth and the's the ego. Right. So Joe Biden doesn't have I mean, they all have to have some go they wouldn't they wouldn't be good at what they do. But I feel like he's he's just he's in there and he's got his nose to the grind strone and he might not be making everybody happy, but he's trying to make people happy. He came his platform was he would reach across the aisle, and that's what he does. Some Democrats are angry that he actually negotiated, but as he said, what was my choice? I know I said that in the past, but here I am in a position where I'm representing the American people and I've got to get this done. So we're going to hold the American people hostage. Now, so I negotiated. I put my tail between my legs and I negotiate it. It's called compromise.
Speaker 2: Well, his second term went in there, if I'm speaking it to an existence, because it takes two terms as a president of these United States to really make an effective change, some kind of effective change. I do believe that if he gets the second term, he is going to go all out to continue to say whatever little bit of democracy that we have left, and that's not going to have to know one people. I do think that, I do. I do believe. I wish that he would come and do just a few more things and targeted towards me, black and brown people, but I want I want him to make America fair as fair as possible his last four If y'all thinking that he ain't gonna get it done, I need y'all go back and remember every staunch Republicans vote Republican no matter what. John McCain got off his death bed to come and vote against Trump because he knew he was on his last leg and he wanted to make sure he got a heaven, so he tried to make the right decision. They chief saying that Biden is too old, but too old for what what is the alternative of getting older but death? We need to get him in there, y'all, get all that foolishes out of the way. And he has surrounded himself with a good cabinet and a great a great first lady, because doctor Jill Biden is not only fair, but let me say her name again, doctor Jill Biden. She is an accomplished, educated woman, she's smart, she's fair, and she even if he did because y'all keep saying he too old, well, hell, Ron Reagan didn't know who the hell he was for the last three years of his presidency. But he was surrounded by a cabinet that was as idiot against him. Let me just say that, and that that was the reason we are in the arms race when and the AIDS crisis because they didn't care. But at least Biden and his wife and his cabinet has showed that they care. So I'm voting for Biden. I'm putting my head out there publicly. That's who I'm voting for because the alternative that we have I'm not buying. I just don't like the other front runner from the other party.
Speaker 1: No, and I'm doing the same, and he and Joe Biden may not have things packaged up for it. Says he's helping black and brown people, but he's done it in a back end way like the Infrastructure Bill and had all sorts of protections for renters and and uh childcare of you know, things like that that were more geared towards people are black and brown and lower income people. So maybe he needs to come out and just call something specific. He helped people stay in their homes. You know, he had a whole bunch of things that he actually that he actually did.
Speaker 2: But how that we have spoken about a good president. Let's speak about an ex president that was not so good according to the according to the law, because he has thirty seven federal charges that he's been indicted on that he has to report to court in Miami tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty seven indictments on thirty one documents. And he is being charged with the Espionage Act as well. So espionage is gathering and transmitting or losing defense information and he's done all of it.
Speaker 2: Here's the part I don't like. Here's the part I don't like. Why they didn't wait till Wednesday, it's his birthday. That would have been a wonderful Geminis. Geminis in the building, Baby, it is so and Miami is gearing up because I don't know if they have really rallied his base to say that what they would go to protest or what have you. But he's making so much more money and I love that some of his you know, in the movie The Titany, when his ship was going down, all the rats was running the same way. The guy said, following the rats. Baby, when I tell you Bill Barr and the rets a jampionship and turning on he is his his house of cars is crumbling fast, Bobby, and it's very scary.
Speaker 1: It is. I was amazed because Bill Barr was very much behind him and not really saying he's a victim. But you know that it was definitely politically motivated the first indictment, the New York indictment. But he has come right out and said they have a solid case. He has no victim here. And it's the willing, the the his non willingness to turn the documents in like Pence and Biden just turned them in, you know, okay, And in Hillary Clinton, you know, lock her up, that whole big scandal. She completely cooperated with with the authorities, so and that's the difference. He did not cooperate with the authorities. They had him on tape stating that he actually understands, because I think what he's going to try to do is say, well, I didn't understand what the process was, and yadda, YadA, YadA. And what they have on this tape is that he did understand. He should have declassified it. He didn't declassify it, and you know, and look and they their their national secrets, you know, basically is what he was saying. So I did see him. I don't know if you watched George Stephanopolos over the weekend. They had his boyfriend, Lindsey Graham on, who actually snapped at George like He's face got all brighten like like a you know, like an old lady does, and he snapped and told him to be quiet, and he was trying to get out, and George kept right back. I love him. He's got some swag.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, George has no other issue but to here right back. He's married to and that lady plays no games. That lady will get you. I love her. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I do to a great comedian, great comedic actress, and super smart because she was raised in politics herself. Her mom was Nancy Reagan's I think social secretary or something along those lines. So she certainly knows the game. She's one smart cookie.
Speaker 2: But right back and the wishy washing of the Linsey Grahams and the and all of those people, because before twenty sixteen, when Trump really did get the nod and they were all against Trump. You know, this is what I had my issue with Chris Christie. I like Chris Christy as a politician. I would probably like Chris Christy as a president, but he has shown me wishy washed. I can't do what she washed. You've got to stand on it. You know. It was from trum Trump Trump, Trump, Trump, and then he now he's bashing Trump, and I love how he goes after Trump and he's factual with it. But you get me, Leary, like, I don't know, are you gonna change your man again? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If I had to choose, though, I'll choose Christy every day of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would Christy and them, because Christy and one person. Hear a couple of people You've seen that shape. You look like an egg with legs.
Speaker 1: The only thing I worry about with Chris it is the shape being someone that's teving myself. That's Trump. A job of Trump. You know what they all look like when they go in and what they look like when they come out. Tremendous pressure, and so I would just be worried. The only thing that would I'd be worried, that is, you know that he could handle it stress wise. But yeah, thirty seven indictments, there were there were twenty one top secret indictments, nine secret documents, one document that was one unmarked. They were discussing nukes, our defense strategies. It just documents that you you absolutely shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: There was no reason for him that right there puts our military people exactly in in such a crucial spot that you have released documents and secrets that people would know when we come into attack or where we are. That has put so many people labs on the line. I'm telling you, I don't think that people really have sat down to think of the severity of what Donald Trump really has done with the absolutely and they, yeah, he uses a scapegoader of Hillary took hers and Mike Pence took his and moved, but they gave him right up when they realized. And for the record, Biden did not think his is he accidentally took. It was a mistake. He took game, y'all.
Speaker 1: But no, absolutely, I mean he did. I mean they did. He had he took him and just just absolutely was not And that's what's getting up in trouble. He did. He did not want to return them. He cavalierly and boastfully was showing them off to visitors. I don't know if the listeners heard. I have seen it, but he had summoned a ballroom, which tens of thousands of people have walked through that ballroom, one in a bathroom, one just spilt over, and in a storage room. Uh so anybody could be seeing.
Speaker 2: This stuff with the way he kept those arguments to kind of let you know how he lives. Huh. I need to speak to one of the maids who worked in the White House when he lived. I know he was a peak.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine being seriously try to give him. I can't give him anything but that he doesn't have some sort of secure we has his money. You wouldn't put these documents in the safe that's probably the size of a room, you know, our bedrooms. I just kind of imagine that he doesn't have a better place than a ballroom on the stage to stoy this stuff.
Speaker 2: Bobby, you said, where's his money? It's still coming in because his base is sending him more money now than ever. It is proprid. Some people still believe they're gonna stop the steal. Okay, the term is almost over.
Speaker 1: I can't even I really can't. He had two people that we're not really told. We don't know if they got fired or they're resigned to attorneys this past week, so we don't know if that's part of the that's going to be part of his strategy, that he's going to blame them. But they have the attorney's notes. I think it's because there was a continued crime, because I don't understand how you can the judge or the government can come in and take the attorney's notes. But he was he suggested that's the best way to say it. Would it be better if there's these things didn't exist? Can't we tell them there's nothing here? You know? Just that he he was so out with it, it just seems absolutely crazy to me. I know he has an ego, but this is nuts.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be quite interesting to see how there's un Folks tomorrow, we will not see the perk walk, We will not see the fingers. Yeah, I see the mugshot, but we do know what's happening. And this is this is his second indictment, and they say there's more to come. But the hypocrisy is he can still hope be the president. And Bobby, I'm telling you, it hurts so bad to see how this plays out, because you know, and I don't want to play the race card. I'm not going to even pull a race card, but I'm going to pull the presidential card. That presidential was a certain way of life. It looked like one thing at one point in time. And I know times change and things changed, but something should still represent greatness in our country. We got this man up in office and he just took away all of the presidential president everything from feeding professional athletes McDonald's, to calling women out of their names and being so disrespectful and disregarding of all kinds of people, people with special needs, that what have you, and getting away with it publicly calling other politicians' wives ugly hurting their feelings in public. And it's okay. But when President Obama wore a tan suit and the first Lady Michelle had her arms a class a dress where they had their arms out, we had a meltdown. There are too many different this than that in this country. But I think it's going to come to an end. Say, y'all better get ready. But the only way we will win this as a country is to save our democracy a little bit that we have. Y'all understand that y'all want what y'all want, But I'm telling you right now we better vote blue and keep biting in because Biden don't get the job done in these last four years. I don't want Trump w otter that get him me because as much as he loves to throw Biden's age, he's what three or four years younger.
Speaker 1: He's three years She's only three years younger. He keeps going on about sleepy Joe. I'm like, what do you I mean?
Speaker 2: He's three years younger and forty years less experience because Joe Biden has been a politician for more than.
Speaker 1: Something right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Seventy pounds heavier and talking about yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, we know that President Biden gets up every morning and works out for an hour with a physical therapist. What does What do you think the other one does other than have his caddy carriers, his golf clubs. You know, I don't think.
Speaker 2: That's any No, And you know Jill's still t working for Joe. Because we ain't heard nothing from Malanya. She probably an't moved back to where she's from because she ain't be a bother.
Speaker 1: I think she's from the Ukraine. I'm not sure, but his he is. He also as a co defendent. His aide Walt Nauda, who was a naval person, he is also he's in on it because he moved to the documents, and I think with his military background, he probably thinks serving the commander in chief was like the best way to go. It'll be interesting to see if he was ever and not just indicted. If he was ever, he ever was proven that he actually did do this stuff and had to go to jail, or didn't go to jail. They had some sort of settlement that would make him a felon, right, and you can't vote as a felon. So if you can't vote, how could you be the president?
Speaker 2: Exactly And my truth here is I don't care whether he goes to jail or not. That's not even my issue.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to see him anymore.
Speaker 2: I never want to see him in public office. I never want you know, first we'd the Central Park five. Now we got the thirty seven indictments. Y'all want a reality TV, Well, welcome to He's a reality TV star. This is reality TV at his finest. So we'll we're going to sit back and watch on Tuesday, and we're going to see him Happy birthday, wishes old Wednesday, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, flag day, flag Day. Yeah, she's I hope he goes away. We never see him again. They had.
Speaker 2: So that was that was our meat, That was our Salva story. Well, we want to close on a miracle story. We want to close on. I don't know who you guys believe in. I'believe in God, I believing Messiah, Jehovah, Allah, whomever, Buddha, with whoever your religions believe in. Let me tell you that miracles still happened. And if you want to see a miracle that has happened in our lifetime, that will give you hope, inspiration, and joy. Those four kids that crashed in the what was it the Honduras.
Speaker 1: In Colombian jungles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those four kids were covered by something way more greater than a man. Because the oldest was eleven or twelve years old? Body was it twelve?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the baby was the youngest was eleven years old. The mother died in the plane crash, so did the pilot, and I think somebody another adult. But those kids for forty days in a climate and in situations that I probably couldn't have survived, or Bobby because ever, Yeah, they were in the middle of a rainforest where there are cannibals, all kind of animals and spiders and snakes that could kill you. God covered those babies and they came through unscathed. They got a few mosquito bites. They ate berries and bugs that I'm telling you. I believe in God and I know that God is real, and what I experienced was a miracle to me. I know Helen Keller was a miracle worker. But there was somebody in that jungle watching over those babies, and those babies survived that. Mind you, this is after a horrendous crash, after watching their mothers die. All these emotions are on them, and they still kept going, don't come to me and tell me your pity stories and your stories of I can't do it, I can't do it. If an eleven year old that turned twelve, or the twelve year old that turned thirteen in the middle of that can do this, we can do anything if you have a little faith those he has kept going about it. I was so inspired by that story, Bobby, I tear it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was I mean, they found them by the eleven months, Pamper. They actually had sent which I was always said, of course, I'm a sucker for dogs. They sent search dogs in and one of them didn't come back. So there are animals or whatever that can actually get you that you know that was in that jungle. I think it was the mother too. I think her when she was gone, she watched over for her kids until somebody came and got them as well.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful miracle story, and it's the story of belief. It's the story and you got to know in your spirit, in your DNA that it is something else for me. But if you if you throw it, defeat is everything, because if you tell yourself you defeate it, you defeat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just didn't know. I think they didn't know enough that they couldn't go on. You know that. So the innocence I think was terrific too. I hope they're okay. I hope their dad's okay. They were going over to see the dad wasn't working near them, and they were The family was all going to take a trip to go visit him. So he's with them now. God bless them all the heart.
Speaker 2: The mind controls the thoughts, but the heart controls the sanity. Those kids' heart were broken because they watched their mother die, but their hearts also control their sanity to have them keep going. I'm telling you now, honey, you better believe in something. Why not? You got to believe in something? Hey, why not believe in me? Out Lady Ymer. Thank you guys for joining us here for Lavelarn. Remember every Monday, I am at the Hollywood Laugh Factory on Sunset for free voices at seven thirty pm with my co host Memphis will my DJ DJ Count, and my producer Kyle Williams. Next area, I will be in San Francisco. Mister James hannaham reading a couple of chapters that didn't nobody give a shit what happened to call out of the book that I didn't look for the twenty fourth, I will be in Harlem. I'm celebrating Harlem Pride with everybody because I am proud pride for and i am proud of who I am, and I'm proud of some parts of my community. I see it, what the hell? I see you and Tina Turner will be there, lady and gentlemen. So thank you guys for joining us here at Lauvelann. You can follow my girl Bobby Clipping on Instagram, Facebook, Bobby, you got YouTube? You're on YouTube.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not on YouTube. I'm on Twitter, but I don't I don't do to Just think. It's just Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 2: And if you don't, if you don't see Bobby Cliffing, just type in Toots it'll pop up because you can follow me on all social media platforms. Thank you Ihar for season three of Laugh and Learn. Thank you the Black Effect Networks, Charlemagne to God, We'll, Will Pierson and Tiffany Hati. Thank you to my producer Eric. I'm on all social media platforms at Slay Monroe or Monroe flame on Instagram. Thank you guys for joining us. We look forward to seeing you. We could check in to let you guys know what happened after Wednesday. It's his birthday. They ain't gonna give them a birthday cake, but they damn sure you're gonna put some rings on it. They're at laughing and learned, lady, And we are never trying to get you to change your man. We are only trying to get you to use your man, because why Bobby.
Speaker 1: A mind is what terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 2: And baby, they better not waste it tomorrow. They better not drop the ball on this cause let me tell you something, if y'all don't get him good, his base will rally like zombies. So be prepared, be aware, be alive, be real, get your registration card, go vote, because they made voting registration, They made voting easier for us.
Speaker 1: And is it Mississippi at Alabama, and they're going to also have to do it in Florida and Georgia. They're going to have to change. They're redistricting, no more jerrymandering, so it'll make it here for black and brown people to vote.
Speaker 2: That is wonderful because I'm telling you right now. Your vote is very very important. And if you don't think, as a black and brown American in this country that your vote is not important, why the hell you think they're making it so difficult for us to vote. Pay attention to what's happening right in front of your eyes. You ain't. Stevie Wanda, by the way, I made him this week. I think he could see you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I saw. I was so impressed. But your voting to finish that your vote is important, that there's Supreme Wart of the United States just voted to make sure that you are going to be heard. But Stevie, I was so impressed, I almost died.
Speaker 2: I was on me too, Bible. He came around the corner. I was floored. Oh my god, I wanted to say. I had never met him before, and I am such a you know, I play his music all the time on Love Man, and I was so impressed, and I started saying, isn't she loved me? But I couldn't get my soprano together. I was very very white love. Hey, thank you guys for joining us. Bobbie Clipper, I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the opportunity and very thank you, Thank you, Flay Matty.
Speaker 2: We will check you with you guys next week. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you guys, this is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn