Speaker 1: You are straight up badass and slaying it.
Speaker 2: Honey, slay honey.
Speaker 3: She's sheen ami no me n no, what is your childlenge? I have as.
Speaker 1: You know, what's going down the floor like us around.
Speaker 2: I feel like we need to migrate our rage over to a new topic.
Speaker 1: And maybe well look, girl, let's let's let's actually let's bring it to a positive okay, Rose, this episode has gifted us something that is absolutely invaluable, which is Chay Dias is dead name and that that was so I shrieked, no, we can say it, but Phoebe has I say no, no, can I say something?
Speaker 4: Say something problematic?
Speaker 2: This is Patreon.
Speaker 4: So I think Chay's stand up with their old presentation was better than their current stand up when they were like they're like men suck at I right, ladies, Like that's funnier than any other comedy Chay has done on the show. So I I disagree, but I know I'm I'm not being no, Okay, but here's the thing, I also am gonna kind of agree because because.
Speaker 2: Just the bar was so low, so like, yeah, I also thought.
Speaker 4: That maybe that's what they were doing, like he was gonna watch that video and was gonna be like, oh, I used to be so funny, like let me get back there, and instead it like, oh, most reinforced that the comedy that they've been doing is bad.
Speaker 1: See okay, yes, okay, okay, okay. When I was watching it, the way I experienced it was, oh, Chads is now watching Dead Name YouTube videos, which okay, relatable, every trans person does this, like if you want to have a nice little night in with your blunt and your trauma whatever, But like when I was watching it, I was like, oh, like.
Speaker 2: Phoebe Bleep, the Dead Name is really bombing.
Speaker 1: Like That's how I was experiencing the comedy, Like the laughter wasn't that strong, and like the punchlines were kind of meandering, like it didn't feel like they were selling it. They felt so out of their body, and I thought that that's what the scene was trying to tell us.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, like Chay.
Speaker 1: Used to be so like like you know, making material that was like so not who they were and blah blah blah, and so I thought that was going to be an AHA moment to be like, don't go back to where you came from, but instead it was in AHA moment, that's like, that's the comedy that they should be making again, Like what I didn't get it?
Speaker 4: It was it was so weird, and I actually wish a well, I think it would have been a more interesting choice to be like, oh, when Chay was presenting differently, like even if they didn't look the way that they wanted to or ment or whatever, they had a better grasp on what was funny or whatever, and it would have been cool for them to like reclaim what they were doing at that time, like with their current presentation instead of I don't even know. It's like every everything they try to introduce with Chay is like conflicting and confusing, and I don't I don't understand. I just like I don't think they should be this much of a character on the show. Like I liked them as a foil for Miranda. I actually thought that's where Miranda sees them doing stand up and it's all about her. That is effective for Miranda and it led to some good drama. It does make me concerned that the two of them are going to you know, in the last episode, but no, that can't be. That's what's gonna happen because.
Speaker 2: We have the envy.
Speaker 1: We have the envy that's like, Oh, I'm sorry, can I call you an envy?
Speaker 4: That's so offensive?
Speaker 2: It's like, what once.
Speaker 1: Again was that.
Speaker 4: Are Is it like the most famous thing about cha, like in the world, that they are non bids? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I was like, but also it felt like the way the way the scene was written, I actually really want to deep dive deep into a lot of the chay of it all.
Speaker 2: If you want to go there with me for this.
Speaker 1: Episode, I have a lot to say, so yes and please yes. And that scene when the envy was like I believe they said explicitly they said nothing hotter than a strong envy person, which.
Speaker 2: Which is the exact line.
Speaker 4: I almost threw something on my TV.
Speaker 1: I was like that and then the response was like oh and then they were like, oh sorry, can I call you endy? And the way it was written, I was like, do the writers think that envy is like some kind of slur or like it's like some kind of like it's like different than just non binary. Yeah, Like it was so so wild and obviously, sorry to blow up your spot, but I'm gonna say it over and over again, there are no non binary writers in this writer's room. There are no like transmasculine writers in this writer's room. There are no Latin people in this writer's room. So it shows in scenes like this that are I liked the part where.
Speaker 4: That comment the comic was heckling the couple, Yeah, the very obviously trans couple, and he was like, I'm trans, Like yeah, we know.
Speaker 1: It was so once again, the people writing this are so cistion. It's so so frustrating how cisgender. The framing and line deliveries, and and and and that you're that is exactly I was gonna bring that up to ros. It's just it drove me crazy. Also, the non binary with a septum piercing wearing a newsboy's hat just after Carrie war that newsboy's.
Speaker 2: Hat two episodes ago.
Speaker 1: Who is putting all of the Newsy hats.
Speaker 4: On these characters, But honestly, that is the non binary person wearing it does make it? Yes, it does? It does?
Speaker 2: It does Carrie wearing it rotten, especially in that blanket. The transmit of the crowd was so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm a wait, can I can I tell you something that's maybe gonna surprise you?
Speaker 2: Though sure.
Speaker 1: In this kind of fight that boiled down between Miranda and Trey outside of the club, which I actually thought was very interesting. And this I'd never ever want to see MPK write a stand up material ever ever in my life. But or anything or any sure, but in this in this yes, But in this scene, Chay doing stand.
Speaker 2: Up is necessary for the plot.
Speaker 1: And I actually would have welcomed this scene if I hadn't already watched so much bad stand up. But the jokes weren't funny and they weren't even that mean, and so the stakes weren't there for me. But at the end of the day, on the character level, I think Miranda is wrong and Chay was right.
Speaker 4: What do you think Miranda's wrong about?
Speaker 1: I think Miranda was wrong to show up without telling Chay. That's number one. If they were wrong to be mad that Chay did a bunch of stand up about her, because that is literally their job, which is to mind their life for material, and they obviously never would have done that material if they knew that Miranda would be there. That doesn't mean that it's like, oh, Chay is just mad that they got No, it's Chay is someone who has to create material out of their life in order to live. But they probably still care a lot about Miranda. I'm sure they would tell Miranda to their face, Hey, I'm making material about you, but I don't think you're ready to see it, you know what I mean, Like that would be a mature conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it's about right and wrong, Like, yes, Miranda should have told Chay she was coming, And it's like, it's not about whether it's right for Chaye to mine their personal life for comedy. It's about the emotion of Miranda seeing that and being hurt by it, which honestly, like is something that Miranda needed to experience at this part of her journey. I think, I mean, I don't want to talk about up mare, so I'm not gonna investigate it too deeply. But I just I'm still like, if next week is the last episode of this iteration of the show, and I truly think it is, how the fuck is Miranda's story going to end?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because honestly, Chay has a bigger plotline than Miranda at this point.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, if you want to hear all of our thoughts, but then just like that, go to Patreon dot com, slash like a virgin and become a patron