Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Four Los Angeles residents are facing charges in a highly unusual case of insurance fraud. They allegedly donned a bear costume, vandalized their own luxury cars, captured it all on home surveillance, and then filed one hundred and forty thousand dollars in claims. Insurance investigators became suspicious, and it wasn't long before detectives made the grizzly discovery of a bear suit in the suspects home.
Speaker 1: So wow, any way to take all the fun out of it? Be nice joke?
Speaker 4: No, we had that story yesterday for you, noro reporting it in serious tones.
Speaker 1: I find odd, But go ahead. I'm sorry, I'm dispirited. I will try to get it back.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to hear the details on this story because I haven't how good a bear costume wasn't Where do you get I have seen many bear costumes, and I will tell you this is your upper tier of bear costume.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, here's the scam. These guys take luxury cars, including a twenty ten Rolls Royce Ghost, and rip the hell out of the interior of it and claim a bear did the damage for the insurance money. I guess they're they're clever. Plot though, is not merely to take garden tools or carpentry items or.
Speaker 2: What have you and destroy the interior.
Speaker 1: By the way, we'll be getting too much more significant fare in a little bit, but particularly given the attention on our k and his hilarious dead bear prank, which to me in no way negates his validity as a nominee.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Joe was anti vax so these good good wait make that leaf. That's an Olympian leaf.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So these guys, clever, clever scamas, we're not just gonna rip it up and claim, hey, we're in tall with our Rolls Royce and I don't know a bear got and not just rip it up. But they were going to cleverly create evidence so their insurance claim would go through by having one of their buddies done a bear suit and be seen rummaging around the car. Well, two things tipped off authorities. Number One, they went to a biologist who said that's a guy in a bear suit number two. Number two. Further investigation unveiled two more claims involving other super luxury cars, all on the same day in location in Lake Arrowhead in the Tahoe region.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's amazing how dumb criminals often are. Oh yeah, wow, So the bear suit part is dumb. But so you were gonna do it multiple times in one day?
Speaker 2: Correct? Think that nobody would catch on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: It's pretty odds.
Speaker 4: It doesn't happen very often that animals get into cars and do damage and the insurance company has to pay out. But it happened to you multiple times in one day. I'll be danged. What a weird coincidence? Harry your checks? Is that how they thought it would play out?
Speaker 1: They rarely seen vandal bear, which is mostly seen in Canada. Right right, stop facing my luxury car. Beer?
Speaker 4: So I don't remember we talked about this yestherday. So did one of them pretend to catch it on video or did they park somewhere where they knew there would be video surveillance? Well, they they made the video. Yeah, has anybody seen the video? Has that been released?
Speaker 2: It? You've seen it? Katie? How's it. Look I did see the video.
Speaker 4: It looks like they parked the car right with an eyeshot of a ring camera.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's okay, so they all right, oh wait a minute, is that the actual video?
Speaker 2: But there it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say now I'm watching it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: There he is rampaging around in his bearra costume.
Speaker 2: Would have been funny. Oh you know, right, so funny.
Speaker 1: So he starts in a fairly convincing all fours ish scratching and.
Speaker 2: Pawing around thing.
Speaker 1: But then at one point he just sits down and turns in a way that is unmistakably human.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so funny.
Speaker 1: As yeah, re zips up the chest of beer suit and then goes back to work mauling the poor car.
Speaker 2: Contest is funny. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I want to know more about these people who came up with this hilarious idea and then thought they could pull it off multiple times in one day. And then, of course, because they got we're gonna get one hundred and forty thousand dollars, I think, okay, so how many others or four of you and you're so you're gonna go off and live your unbelievable life of your dreams on the forty.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars each that you got out of the insurance company. I mean, what in the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, scumbags aren't much for long term planning in my experience.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, the way this is worded in LA magazine is that these subjects reportedly swindled insurance companies out of one hundred and forty and thirty nine dollars before being apprehended.
Speaker 2: Wow. So evidently their claims were paid.
Speaker 1: And then it got kicked up to the fraud department at the insurance companies.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me if you had looked at that video and didn't know the story, If you heard the story a bear broke into a car and rampage around, ruin it, which is not impossible, happens in cabins all the time. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, would you have immediately said, wait a second if you hadn't known it was a guy in a bear costume, do you think.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'm watching the Oh, the moment I'll make sure you see this during the commercials, But the moment he sits down and turns it also clearly shows that it's a bear suit loose bear suit because of the way that the as you like you're sitting but you turn, the way the fabric creases is so obviously somebody wearing it low rent bear.
Speaker 2: Costume, a loaded medium runt. They were not a particularly good letter costume. Is the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he doesn't fill it out because he's.
Speaker 2: That you needed a fat or dude.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that is just so funny way and when he sits and turns, oh, that's beautiful. We don't post this video at Armstrong Engeddi dot com so you can you can watch it and enjoy with your friends and family.
Speaker 4: And keeping with your axiom about people and their intelligence and crime.
Speaker 2: Ah. Yes, my old.
Speaker 1: Buddy Drew, the career FBI agent who once said to me, Joe, if you want proof that you're not smart enough to pull off a life of crime, it's that you're considering a life in crime, right, And like.
Speaker 2: You said, they're not usually in the long term planning.
Speaker 4: But I've been thinking since I was a kid, when I would ever hear about various robbery stuff like that, I thought, Okay, unless you keep committing these crimes, which you'll eventually get caught. You're not set for life because you got a thousand or ten thousand or fifty thousand dollars. You're not set for life. What are you gonna do now, you idiot? You know you're set for a little while. Then you go and come up with your next kper. I guess that's got to be the thinking. I don't live and work among those people, so I don't know. But and or they're just junkies that are so desperate to score they will do anything. I've known a lot of people who live one weekend at a time. I mean, all you got to do is have a fun weekend. This you don't even think past Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Nancy Pelosi gets four pinocchios from the Washington Post. Then at the bottom of the hour, we will dive back into the cabinet appointments President former future president Trump has offered up and some of the controversies around it. I suspect I will offend everyone. But if you want panderin, go elsewhere. I just I can't do it. Not gonna do it.
Speaker 4: You see, kids, they went out and bought a bear costume. You have to spend money to make money. It's an investment. You'd put it down on your sheet as an investment in the corporation.
Speaker 1: Katie, I need your opinion on this. As always, whenever the show gets into aesthetics, I would like, you know, the womanly perspective for ages. As a kid, I dreamed, dreamed of having the full gorilla costume dream for Halloween. It's a beautiful dream and it has to do with my great affection for like the nineteen thirties comedies and like Abbot and Castello, the Marx Brothers, Three Stooges and stuff like that. A guy in a gorilla costume is just funny. Winter Home Run, I'm starting to feel like maybe bear costume is even more. I just is there more opportunity.
Speaker 4: For humor more? I think bear costume is funnier. Yeah, A really good bear costume really good because you're always on your hind legs walking around like a human.
Speaker 1: That's great, right, And you know, I could go to Halloween and Judy could be like a pot of honey or something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be kind of cute.
Speaker 1: Judy could be a singer that you're following around, or she could be a woman with a Kayak for folks you know familiar with that meme.
Speaker 2: I vote bear suit. Yeah, okay, let the gorilla dream go. I vote suit. You know what, You're right.
Speaker 1: That is one of the main parts of maturing in life is you've got to figure out which dreams to let go. There are going to be some tears tonight, but it's time to move on.
Speaker 2: You'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Joe says he's going to offend everyone in your opinions about Matt Gaets and other Trump picks. So that's fantastic for me. Straight business model.
Speaker 5: The way Divide administration announced this week that will find oil and gas companies for emitting methane. And now New Jersey is scrambling to come up with a new smell.
Speaker 4: New Jersey is stinky in places New Yorkers like. Making fun of New Jersey means nothing to the rest of the country, really.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, If you have not tooled along the turnpike, it means nothing to you. And yet is it enough part of the culture that people chuckle.
Speaker 4: I don't know, only from watching sitcoms as a kid, where they'd make fun of New Jersey meant nothing to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Having spent a great deal of time in New Jersey. I'll tell you that it is stinky and urban in a lot of places, and absolutely gorgeous and rural in a lot of places too. But anyway, it's enough New Jersey talk. There's part of me that doesn't want to bother with this next story.
Speaker 2: But Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 1: And your little dog too, Yeah, no kidding, just got fact checked by the Washington Post for pinotios, as I prefer to pronounce it. She was talking to the cackling, horrible hens of the View, which really, I'm willing to do a carve out on the First Amendment if we can get the View off the air. I am willing to risk my most dearest, my closely held principle.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so she's on the View the other day.
Speaker 1: Well, actually there are a couple of things she said. But she told The New York Times during a recent interview quote, I don't think we were clear enough by saying fewer people came in under President Biden than under Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: It's clarity the message.
Speaker 1: And if that's what Ernie's talking about, and that was Joe Manchin's talking about, we weren't clearing a message as.
Speaker 2: To what things are, then I agree with that.
Speaker 1: So she's saying they lost the election because they weren't clear enough about immigration, that fewer people and I quote came in under Biden then came in.
Speaker 4: Under Trump, and then she started shrieking, a melting, a melting.
Speaker 1: The Washington Post published a fact check on Wednesday and noted it was a documented fact and I quote that at least four times as many migrants. When did we start saying migrants, folks? Why do we let them change the language?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: At least four times as many illegal immigrants entered the United States under Biden than under Trump. Well, she was quite fewer, more than four times, as Manny.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 4: In her defense, I would say, uh, most people don't read the fact check column in the Washington Post. A lot more people God help us watch the view or read the New York Times or hear the quote from the New York Times or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know a lot of politicians have figured out say whatever you want to say.
Speaker 1: A spokeshole for the soulless lying Old Hag said that Wousey was refording to deportations during the interview, not illegal immigrants coming into the country, as she unequivocally stated, but she meant deportations.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Sold RFK juniors up for HHS secretary. I was just looking up at Fox News and I assume this is what they're talking about. They got a stat up there, according to the CDC, forty percent of kids have at least one chronic condition.
Speaker 2: Now it is shocking, it is shy.
Speaker 4: So here's where RFK Junior gets some purchase and probably why so many of the MAGA crowd or just people in general are willing to listen to him.
Speaker 2: Joe, and I've been saying this for years.
Speaker 4: Why isn't it like the biggest story in America that everybody with kids has like at least one kid that has anxiety or ADHD or is on the autism spectrum or something like every family.
Speaker 1: I know, Why isn't that a bigger crisis. Something's causing that And or is obese. Yeah, new stats out on obesit yesterday that were horrific. But that was like nobody when I was a kid, and you always get the pushback of well they just didn't diagnose it, which is true a little, but not near enough to cover everything that's going on now. Yeah, So That's where RFK Junior gets a lot of attention because he at least raises it to the you know, four a long fire level that it should be at. I don't know if his you know prescriptions are anywhere close to correct, but something's causing it, and I don't know if it's microplastics like he talks about all the time, or elastic in your underwear as I hear, or all kinds of different things right right, And we're getting very, very close to the very thing I wanted to talk about next hour, So I won't weigh in here. I'm sorry, not next hour, next segment in which I will offend everybody, but I want to talk about Trump's various appointments and the discussion around them. Speaking of dietary stuff, though big news study has come out, take it as seriously as you like.
Speaker 2: It's from the University of Chicago.
Speaker 1: Intermittent fasting is not the health hack many people hoped it would make.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest thing I've ever done and I will never stop it. Why Because it's the only diet that's ever worked for me.
Speaker 1: Bingo Gringo. They said it's actually pretty effective for losing weight. It's the only girl ever worked in my life. And it's so simple. I'm a very simple person. So I don't start eating till two.
Speaker 4: I quit it seven I've lost weight and kept it off for three years.
Speaker 2: Then you eat like a malnourished lion.
Speaker 4: Then, unfortunately, I have an incredibly awful diet. If I if I ate better food during that period of time, I would be quite healthy.
Speaker 2: But I do not. Yeah, actually, science agrees with you completely.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty effective way to lose weight for a lot of folks for a limited time. But you know that's if you get the weight off. You got the weight off. But there is like everything these days online. A cult grew around it that it could lower your inflammation levels, lengthen your life span, blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Some evidence suggests fasting can make it harder to build and retain muscle.
Speaker 4: But I'm in the best shape I've been in my entire life right now. That's all I can say by anecdotal evidence. One man says, I sure eat crap during that period of time. If I could straighten that out, man, would I feel good? Two o'clock comes and I eat garbage for five hours which is horrible. Joe offends everyone. That's our new segment coming up.
Speaker 2: Next, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Trump is really filling out his administration at a rapid pace now. He made seven of these announcements yesterday alone, the last of which happened last night right.
Speaker 2: Here in Florida. Regarding North Dakota Governor Doug Bergham, I won't tell you the name of is the exact name. I think he's an incredible person.
Speaker 5: Might be something like Burgham Burgham.
Speaker 2: He's from North Dakota. He's going to be announced tomorrow for a very big position. He's going to head the Department of Interior, and he's going to be fantastic. That's a Trump doing a joke. I think it's interesting the way.
Speaker 4: I think it's interesting the way Fox treats all of the nominees with roughly the same weight as if the rest of the country. He is not saying holy crap to Matt Gates, Tulci Gabbard to a certain extent, the Defense Secretary, and certainly RFK Junior. But on a lot of their news shows they just announced Monnie also Menjie.
Speaker 2: He mentioned RFK.
Speaker 4: Junior for AHHS secretary and Doug Burgham to run Interior and other news.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Wait a second, this is a big story.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I feel very lucky liberated to not have to I don't worry about that sort of stuff. I mean, they obviously don't want to ruffle any white house feathers. Nobody's no white house feathers. Give a damn what I say. So it's fun.
Speaker 4: One thing before it just starts talking to you should know about the AHHS. Thing is we talked to who was the secretary of HHS.
Speaker 1: That we had on I couldn't remember, but I just told this story to some friends last night because we had them. I remember my opening, Joe, We'll go ahead. Oh yeah, I was just gonna say. I said, yeah, we were really hoping for the Secretary of Defense, but you know, we'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: And he said, my budget's a lot bigger.
Speaker 4: Which it is, two trillion dollar budget for HHS that RFK Junior would be running if he gets a jump two trillion dollar budget.
Speaker 2: Wow, Medicare and medicaid.
Speaker 1: That's why it's an enormous department with enormous responsibilities for health and food and drugs and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: The nominations in general, and some of the more controversial ones, and some of the conversation that's going out going on out there, including Donald J. Trump pushing the Senate had better be ready to just go ahead and do recess appointments for me.
Speaker 2: So, yes, the.
Speaker 1: President gets to appoint his cabinet, and the Senate advises and consents and in short approves his nominees. Given a great deal of deference to the president because he got elected to head up the executive branch, and he gets to choose who he wants to help him within reason, and if especially senators of his own party say yeah, yeah, I kind of see what you're going with with a Matt Gates or something. But he's a scumbag and he's dangerous for the country. And sorry, but I'll bet you got somebody else back there you could, you could nominate. Why don't you do that. That's exactly what they're gonna do, and that's exactly what they should do.
Speaker 2: It's irresponsibility.
Speaker 1: Now we could get into the hole as Trump sincerely nominating gets or is this three to five dimensional chess, depending on who's describing it. I was trying to understand what five dimensional chests might be. I mean, you got back for it up down through time, yes, and then and I don't throw a wormhole and you end up on.
Speaker 2: Saturday and all quantum mechanics.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, well, I'm I'm a wasted don't include me in the conversation.
Speaker 2: But that's it's absolutely appropriate. And nobody knows that yet either. What's that? Nobody knows that yet.
Speaker 4: Whether it was a sincere nomination or a sacrificial lamb or whatever everybody's guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I could turn out to be wrong, but I think the Gates thing will will end before it begins. He will either voluntarily withdraw his name at Trump's behest, or the Trump administration will just get winned. He's gonna get four votes, I mean total, and Trumpell withdraw it. It's a terrible nomination. And Gates is an idiot. Oh, he's probably not an idiot, but he's morally reprehensible.
Speaker 2: He was barely a lawyer.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did go to law school and pass the bar, but he was a lawyer for like a year and did almost nothing at this firm. And then his rich family, well connected dad was in government, already started him on his path to being a congress person. And so, yeah, I don't know how much law experience you need to have to be attorney general, but it seems like it'd.
Speaker 2: Be pretty good to have a fair amount.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing that I've heard that really bob, and there are some people taking this seriously, is what Trump said. And this is from the moment he came down the escalator. What I've been saying a lot of good ideas. He doesn't get the importance of adhering to the Constitution.
Speaker 2: Neither did Biden.
Speaker 1: For what it's worth, Biden knowingly constantly crapped on the Constitution, discore political points like the it's a metaphor.
Speaker 2: To score points like on the student loan forgiveness that.
Speaker 1: He knew from moment one the Supreme Court would have to smack down. But he and this is disgusting, even more disgusting than my metaphors to score political points, forced the courts to knock down his utterly unconstitutional policies, and then bad mouthed to courts, thereby undermining America's faith in what is a brilliant judicial system, for all its flaws. Utterly unforgivable. Okay, so it's absolutely both sides. But Trump, do you know what recess appointments are. It's mostly a historical you know, what's the word artifact, anomaly, throwback, an achronism. That's that an acronism back when the Senate was only in session like half the year and it took three weeks on horseback to get from you know, Georgia to d C to cast a vote. If the Secretary of Defense died or something, and we're at war with the Indians or Britain or both, or France or whatever, the president could make a temporary recess appointment, and traditionally those people have served like up to two years. But that was an an achronism of a vanished age, and it gets around the constitutional check and or balance that says, look, the Senate has to approve these important appointments. And a lot of Ultramaga type people are saying the president won big, he won a mandate, he gets who he wants, and if the Senate doesn't like it, they can pound sand all right, First of all, do you understand, as Jack often points out, if you establish this precedent, what you have done the next time a Democrat wins, and a democrat is going to win down the road, I mean, would you like to fill in the blank or I can, or I would hope most of our folks listening are understand the system well enough to understand. You let some lunatic democrat, you know, appoint Rachel or what was the Dylan mulvaney secretary of Education, and yeah, for instance, and you know whatever Hollywood to George Clooney's the secretary of Defense, and it just no, no, by God odd cherish the checks and balances?
Speaker 2: Are they inconvenient to your guy? Sometimes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the same way, you know, being honest and principle, it's kind of an inconvenience when you see a guy drop one hundred dollar bill. You know what, you could have one hundred dollars if it wasn't for your stinking mortals. But listen, it's an inconvenience. It's a it's a hill Trump has to climb to get his nominees through. And is it possible that the swamp can slow down Trump's righteous efforts to clean up the swamp by rejecting some of his most righteous swamp cleaners.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's not a good enough excuse to chuck the constitution.
Speaker 4: Please, I haven't spent a fair amount of time last night in social media and going from super maga to super maga person who was so excited about Matt Gates being the Attorney General. My question would be, and maybe you can text if you're that sort of person, because I was sincerely asking, is it because you don't believe that he's the scumbag that he's being portrayed to be, or you don't care.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't care.
Speaker 4: You think if he'd take a wrecking ball to the Justice Department, his personal life doesn't matter to you.
Speaker 2: Or do you think it's a deep state.
Speaker 4: Fake news attempt to tear him down, these stories about the young girls and the way too much sex and drugs and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be curious to hear. I am interested. I don't actually know the answer.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand because I saw an awful lot of you know, Christian Cross's prayer included thank God for Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: He's a freaking scumbag. He's a bad guy.
Speaker 4: You don't want him around your family or your church, or your wife or your daughter.
Speaker 2: Or anybody. Tell your sons and your granddad.
Speaker 4: Now if you hear them away from my dog is I don't care about his personal life. I just want the Justice Department to, you know, have an outsider comman.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least that's an argument.
Speaker 1: But I've got a big fat on the other hand, okay for you, and you're gonna you're gonna like it.
Speaker 2: If you hated the far previous stuff, you're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: But after a quick word from our friends that simply save home security. All of us love our families, we want to protect our homes. There's no better time to act. Even thinking, wow, this simply Safe sounds pretty cool. Right now you can get sixty percent off a new simply Safe security system, the best deal of the year. We begged them, We begged them on bended need to extend this offer, and they have simply Safe as the home security to trust.
Speaker 2: They're amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the big game changer is the active guard outdoor protection, preventing crime before it even happens. If someone's lurking around acting suspiciously, there are agents watching them, seeing them in real time, can talk to them directly and set off your spotlights even call the police before they've had a chance to break in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been working on this technology like crazy, and it's amazing. It uses AI like we were saying, and just protects your home before it's broken into. It's amazing. No long term contracts, no cancelation fees, and it's around a dollar a day for all this protection.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe is offering our listeners exclusive access to their Black Friday sale this week only. You get sixty percent off any new system with a select professional monitoring plan. This is their best offer of the year. Head to simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe. Hey Jose Joe's dropping a two kill a ton truth bomb. Here it comes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, brace yourselves. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: And we're not going to agree on Matt Gates if you love the guy, We're just never going to. But I will tell you this, those of you who are saying there's going to be huge pushback on any Trump nominee, that's actually going to effect change true one hundred percent tury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 1: And am I willing to accept a little loose canonism, like a term I just made up being a loose cannon. I mean, like RFK Junior. There are times I thought he's come off as a nut job, but some of his core messages about big pharma, about big food, about what our kids eat and the way our kids eat, he's right about that stuff. I'm looking forward to the hearings on RFK Junior because he's an interesting case for me.
Speaker 2: Pete Hagsath, Department of Defense.
Speaker 1: His orientation isn't lobbyists and the military industrial complex. His orientation is our heroes and our success as a military, pairing it down, making it twenty first century, you know, fast moving, light on our feet, embracing technological change. I don't know that he's the right guy for the job, but yeah, they're incredibly powerful forces that don't want any of that, and I'm intrigued by his choice. So yeah, Trump got a mandate to shake things up. But the way I look at it, it's like a Venn diagram. Trump chose him, you know, and then you got a circle that will shake things up, and then there's a circle of is not a reprehensible human being or a crack pot? And sorry if he's a Trump choice and he would shake up DC. But he's a crackpot or a reprehensible human being. No, he doesn't have my support. And I thank God for the Constitution.
Speaker 2: And I want to tell you what.
Speaker 1: We can find people who are going to do the first couple of things who aren't the second couple.
Speaker 2: Of guys or women.
Speaker 1: It can be done.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a lot of reporting around all of these big candidates, particularly Gates, RFK Junior and Tulsea Gabbard. All your big uh anti Donald publications are going to be digging into their lives a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh the final thing, A lot of people point to George W. Busher did a recess appointment that was back when pre Harry Reid there was a filipbuster against appointments, and they just wouldn't vote.
Speaker 2: They refuse to.
Speaker 1: Vote on his guy that doesn't exist anymore. Fifty one gets her done.
Speaker 4: Fifty one gets her done. I like the way you rhymed it. The I'm saying really good, thanks, thank you, uh you those of you from Matt Gates. You either don't believe the stuff or you don't care. Text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 5: He's angry.
Speaker 2: He's angry, little elf. Mike Tyson. I thought that was a q slab, buddy, But tomorrow you're gonna knock the fuck out.
Speaker 4: Part That sounds are way more WWE than actual boxing.
Speaker 2: So Mike Olaora out of my mouse.
Speaker 4: So Mike Tyson slapped Jake Paul at the way in, and then that's Jake Paul's reaction.
Speaker 2: It's personal. Now, okay, so how do you watch this thing?
Speaker 4: The Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight won't air like most boxing pay per views. It'll take place tonight. It's at at and T Stadium in Texas on Netflix. If you have Netflix, you get to watch. That's the way that works for net flicks subscribers. The entirety of the event will be free. If you don't have Netflix, then you will need one to watch the fight. It's just whether you have Netflix or not. Now we were just discussing. Now, Usually like this sort of thing, there's like all kinds of these preliminaries. They try to drag it out to get in as many commercials as possible.
Speaker 2: But Netflix doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Commercials like that, so there's no reason to drag it out to make more money, right, don't you think it's all about subscriptions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or so you'd think they would.
Speaker 1: It would be in their interest to have a good, punchy no pun intended event. So in the future the next one, people say, yeah, that last one was great.
Speaker 4: I would assume they're gonna do a lot of promotions for other shows that they have on or coming up, like you know, internal Netflix stuff, like to remind you the comedy special with Nate Bargatzi. He's got a new one coming out Friday night on Netflix. I gotta believe there's gonna be a lot of that sort of stuff. Yeah, but yeah, i'd believe him wanting more rather than wear people out and think I wish I hadn't done this.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is there an undercart I mean, is like mister Beast gonna beat up George Foreman, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty of.
Speaker 1: TikTok is gonna fight Joe Fraser. Joe Fraser even with us, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's past that is pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Jordan Peterson's gonna fight mam and Ali's daughter. I'm betting on Layla. So if I as I've mentioned several times this week.
Speaker 4: I'm speaking at my son's high school today for career Day, and I've wrestled a little bit with how much I should, you know, encourage people to get into basically show business, because while one, it is very fun and can be lucrative if you're successful at it, it, it isn't.
Speaker 2: For most people.
Speaker 4: And uh, and it's a long slog and a and a in a bit of a gamble, but that aside. I was trying to I was going put together an outline of what I'm going to talk about, and uh, because I got to kill thirty minutes somehow. And my son is really concerned about how I'm gonna dress. He said, don't wear a suit, Dad, Please don't wear a suit. So I'm not wearing a suit.
Speaker 2: I told him. I said, I'm gonna come in. I'm gonna wear a hat backward.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna come in with my hat on and then turn around backwards so everybody knows I'm cool.
Speaker 1: He was really groaning over these ideas, and I've come up with a rap, so I know how I know how kids your age, I corryt so you really like to talk, but but you want to make money, be kind of smart, to make sure you're funny, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So with the hat on backwards in my wrap, I think I'll really bring the high school kids to me, which, of course it horrified my son.
Speaker 2: Did he express to you why he was anti suit?
Speaker 4: He wants to look like a cool job, not like a you know, because when you're young, I did.
Speaker 2: Were in a suit. Seems kind of stayed or something. I don't know what it is. I don't remember what it was when I was I don't remember being young.
Speaker 4: One weird thing about talking to high schoolers is as an older parent, I graduated high school forty years ago, so it's not like a lot of the parents who were there, who graduated high school, you know, twenty some years ago. You can kind of remember it and relate to these people. I mean, life is so much different than when I went to high school. It's like being in a different planet. What if you were like really tight warm up pants in a tank.
Speaker 2: Top tank top and be a good look. I'm gonna give the there's the door speech. That's my plan. I'm going to walk in. There's the door. No, there's the door.
Speaker 1: You hear me? If you're not serious about this, there's the door. Oh wait, wow, you're making my skin crawl.
Speaker 2: The whole class gets up. The whole class gets up and leaves. Cool.
Speaker 4: They just say cool, we get a study hall or a break or something. We'll go to the lunch room and have milkshakes.
Speaker 2: Um.
Speaker 4: We got some more craziness for you at news Wise to bring up. If you miss an hour gets the podcast
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty