Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: It is time for tonight's show sponsors.
Speaker 1: Here we are strong spot.
Speaker 2: Election polls on accurate twenty percent of the time. Cors Light when you just want just a hint of beer, amc. Nothing goes with a twenty dollars movie. Better than a twenty five dollars soda supercuts still better than having your drunk friend cut your bangs with a set of car keys. Denny's for people who like waffle House but don't want to get hit with a chair.
Speaker 3: Cours Light if you want a hint of beer. I gotta push back on the polling thing. The the the drum beat of the poles are wrong again. Who believes what they they had it? It was gonna be within like three four points that was the margin of air, and they could go either way, and lots of people were saying they could all break the same direction.
Speaker 1: Right, So I saw a big long list of everything that was one and a half points off. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how accurate do you want them to be? And in what world do you think that could possibly happen? Uh So, Elon Musk is getting a fair amount of attention.
Speaker 1: I noticed. Let me read just a couple of things for you. This is from the wappo.
Speaker 3: I think with his super pack, Elon Musk was able to put a thumb on the scale of a presidential election like no ultra wealthy donor before him.
Speaker 1: All right, ignoring I'll imagine that social media playing a role in what people say, Ignoring all the other gazillionaires that have weighed in Zuckerberg, Google, everybody else. But more on that. In just a second tick tack, you have many, many multiples of the people on Twitter. Okay, came across this guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know his name, but he's a big deal in lefty media politics sort of person tweeted out. Democrats are going to keep losing until they have their own Joe Rogan, their own Elon Muskin, until they create their own alternative to Fox News. It is not good enough to contest conservative messaging in these existing spaces.
Speaker 1: Democrats must create their own.
Speaker 3: So the idea so having the CBS Evening News, ABC Evening News, Washington Post, New York Times, all of Hollywood, all of social media except for Twitter. Education now all the schools from kindergarten through graduate school.
Speaker 1: That's not good enough. I guess it's incredibly mockable. But maybe it's just my mood. I'm just I'm so intrigued trying to understand someone who is that blind? Or is it that so many people have bought the notion that the massive media entertainment education complex is not biased. That's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't think him stating we need our own Fox News.
Speaker 1: You have it. He's got like eleven of them.
Speaker 3: It's called enos, NBC and CNN. And did you watch the debates for interest for instance? Did you watch those or most of the interviews that were clearly designed to help your side?
Speaker 1: But it doesn't feel that way to them. I guess you need your own Joe Rogan NPR. It's like the biggest thing in terrestrial radio, as we call old school radio. Yeah, that that just again. I would like to and will mock people like that, but I am just interested in them.
Speaker 3: The idea that Google and Facebook and all the things we've already mentioned don't balance out Elon Muskin anyway. But I can't tell you how many times I've heard in the last twenty four hours the idea, well, when you get Elon Musk, world's richest man weighing in. Okay, So how about this political ad spending across the swing states? Only in Pennsylvania did the Republicans come close to spending as much money on ads as the Democrats did. Still less but close, And every other swing state that Trump won it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even close.
Speaker 3: It was like nine to one in terms of Democrats spending versus Republicans spending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the bottom of the hour, I want to go through a number of learned and eminent Democrats assessments of what went wrong, and it is every bit as astonishing as the fella's point of view that Jack just brought us. But I had a point I was working my way toward. It doesn't matter on the spend. I just I don't understand how you how you don't get to we spend all this money, We have the heft of all this media. Maybe we had bad candidates and or bad ideas that people don't like and they just never get there. Boy, no kidding, that should be it.
Speaker 3: See, we had the advantage in money we control, like practically all the information and we're still lost. So maybe people don't like our policies. Doesn't that doesn't get to anyone, apparently. I guess that would be hurtful to like, realize people.
Speaker 1: Don't like what I think. I don't know, I don't, but I don't understand hurtful. That's an emotional reaction. I get it. I have emotions too, allegedly, But I still say the great divide and the American people is and you know, everybody's got a touch of both in them, obviously, but the great divide between the American people is the practical people and the emotional people. People who live practical lives that are enriched by their emotions, or people whose reaction to everything is emotional and practical considerations don't even enter into it if they cause, you know, negative emotions. The idea that I as a political being, as a radio show, for instance, if I could not handle that people hate it when you X and they love it when you why. And I was so freaked out by that. I was like, no, no, no, don't tell me that. Don't tell me that. I can't even imagine functioning in that way. You know, it would be a great number.
Speaker 3: To know, what of all the people that had to call therapists yesterday to deal with the election?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All of them? How often?
Speaker 3: How many of those people will Obviously you wouldn't be unhappy of your leaned right because your guy one, But if Kamala had one, how many conservatives or Republicans would have called a therapist to have an emergency meeting because they were falling apart and couldn't go to work any I mean, I've.
Speaker 1: Been on the losing out of plenty of lections, chagrined, annoyed, maybe even a little pissed off. But the idea that I can't function, I can't go to work is so foreign to me. I'm I'm maybe it's that I'm getting older. I'm through being flabbergasted by it, and I just would like to understand it and try to figure out, for the good of the republic and our politics and our society, how do you communicate with those people. Is it possible to reach them and pat them on the head or does that sound condescending? I apologize pat them on the back? Well I was, and say, look, I sincerely believe it is this to my bones, and I've got an example coming up later, there are people who actually think Trump is going to suppress the free press in this country. Well, yeah, I had a blanket chance. Not for a minute.
Speaker 3: I mentioned person I saw in a focus group who said, I have a friend there. They're gay, married, and there they they're worried about their marriage being you know, taken away from them if Trump wins.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Which isn't even nobody's having that conversation anywhere in America, let alone is it going to happen.
Speaker 1: The legitimately sickening clip we ran from Jimmy Kimmel in which he is breaking down in tears because of what's going to happen to the children and the old people. And I'm sing the immigrants that have voted for Trump, by the way, the hundreds of thousands of hardworking immigrants that make this country go, well, they'll be fine. The Venezuelan gang members are going to get their asses booted out, thank goodness, Jimmy. But you're gonna be okay, sweetheart. Oh there I was condescending again. I am so sorry. I'm gonna have to work at this.
Speaker 3: I love hearing the left explaining why a majority of Hispanic men voted for the guy who's promising mass deportation. It's not hard for me to understand, but it's very hard for them to understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could make the argument that a lot of folks from Mexico, the Triangle country of Central America, and Venezuelans, because you know, the majority of Venezuelans who come to this country are not members of trende Arragua. There's some people are looking for a better life for their family. But if you were to sit them down and ask them in Spanish about why do you believe this, that and the other, it would all boil down to lawlessness and chaos. They understand that lawlessness breeds pain and death. You don't have to explain that to them. They know it, they've seen it, they've experienced it. So how could it be that Hispanic people are good? Because your entire narrative that wanting reasonable enforcement of our immigration laws is racist is fictional. It's not true.
Speaker 3: Just to finish off the money story that we started with, when it turns out money was the big difference maker in a presidential election, it'll be the first time and we'll bring you that story but so far it hasn't happened. Read the money being spent you mean AD dollars. Yeah, yeah, yeah, money being spent, not the economy. Money being spent AD dollars are the idea of buying the election. It just hasn't happened.
Speaker 1: And so far.
Speaker 3: Read the freakonomics book from years ago or whatever. There's example of an example of it not happening. And I just went through all the swing states where the Harris people outspent the Trump people like.
Speaker 1: Ten to one.
Speaker 3: So I understand it makes you would think that it would make a difference, but for whatever reason, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, analysts on all sides are saying the one ad that moved the needle wasn't about inflation, it was about the gender bending madness. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said yesterday, it's impossible to know how much of that stuff is in the back of people's minds. It's just like an overall feeling of I can't vote for that side, right, Yeah, Yeah, I read a great thing. I got to dig that up from a tran I'm so time changes and trans I can't get straight. It's weird this person dresses as a woman, So that's a trans woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a dude. That's it.
Speaker 3: Well, for the sake of this argument, this is she presents as a woman and goes by a female name and calls herself her. She wrote a great piece yesterday about Hey, we made so much progress a trans being able to be accepted and be in the workplace. We've got to get away from this craziness of making people accept dudes in girls' sports or forcing people to put pronouns. I mean, we've ruined our lives with this. What are we doing? It was really good. Yeah, well, said my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, I actually have some hope for the first time in a long time that maybe we crossed some sort.
Speaker 1: Of line of craziness and we're going back with a variety of things. Yes, yeah, again, I feel the hope of a huge job has begun and we've made a little progress for the demo. There are millions of twenty two year olds being churned out of colleges this spring who believe the woke badness to their bones. That's true. It's going to be a long fight. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: The advantage that side has is that our side is dying off and the side that believes that crap is about to take.
Speaker 1: Over, and there are forty million k through twelve verse right now who are being taught that garbage in your local schools this moment.
Speaker 3: Even though I've seen so many Democratic strategists on various cable news channels and read their columns recently talking about we've gone too far with the culture stuff. That's not where America is. That's not where the working classes.
Speaker 1: Education is a subculture and it is utterly it's become utterly perverse in this country.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do want to at some point talk about the difference in the coverage of Trump winning this time versus last time, because you might not remember. It's completely different and in a good way. But we got a lot of stuff to talk about today.
Speaker 1: Stay with us. I was just looking at the ABC News report.
Speaker 3: This is breaking news that North Korean troops are fighting Ukrainians.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that's in Russia where they're doing that, because there are Ukrainian troops in Russia. Remember they took some territory. Because NATO announced that if Ukrainian troops are fighting in Ukraine, if North Korean troops are fighting in Ukraine. NATO's gonna put troops in Ukraine. Then we really got a world war going on. Wow, Yeah, craziness.
Speaker 1: Plus Russia tried to bring down a couple of American airplanes and nobody's talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it happened that news broke during the last days of an election, right, right. But I found this so interesting and different. It's a completely different topic.
Speaker 1: I am going to quote the vice president who is still sitting and Joe Biden is still the president. I'm told that seems wrong atleact he's given a speech today. I'll be good. They mentioned the million times that Kamala Harris said it's about paying their fair share. I'm not mad at anybody for achieving success, but everyone should pay their fair share. And of course, pay their fair share is a practiced mantra in Washington. Is this think piece points out and quotes everybody from Bernie Sanders Dooci to Elizabeth Warren over and over and over again. Then, as usual, we turned to the statistics that show the top one percent of earners paid forty six percent of all federal income taxes, so damn near half for one percent. Yeah, and the top five percent paid sixty six percent of income taxes, thirds of taxes.
Speaker 3: Paid by five percent. Again, I always ask define fair to me? What would be the fair number to you?
Speaker 1: All of it? Right, three learners? What's it supposed to be? It's funny that something that's ubiquitous and the political conversation is so wrong. Anyway, this isn't about that exactly. It's a historical look at the quote unquote rich and the products that they embraced. And then, as Ludwig von Mises said, every innovation makes its appearance as a luxury of the few well to do. After industry has become aware of it, the luxury then becomes a necessity for all. And I'll give you some examples. But by this mechanism, to quote a different thinker, capitalism has its own built in welfare transfer system from rich to the poor. Home electricity first introduced that the world's fair in eighteen ninety three. In eighteen eighty one, a single light bulb cost thirty one dollars in today's money. It is unlikely today any city would grant a certificate of occupancy if a building were not connected to the electrical grid. But rich people adopted their light bulb industry said, Wow, that's a great idea, and they found a way to manufacture them much more cheaply, and then everybody could have them. Conditioning back when Willis Carrier came up with it in nineteen oh two in a way that could be commercialized. The first air conditioners took an entire room and cost the equivalent of three hundred thousand to one point six million dollars. Wow. In modern dollars, economies of scale reduced the price between five and ten thousand dollars installed for a central unit. You can get a wall unit for two hundred dollars. Automobiles an incredible luxury of only the super rich until it caught on and an industry jumped in cell phones, remember the brick phones, Hollywood agents and the rest of it. And the point of this piece, which is really quite interesting and we'll post it at Armstrong and Getty dot com, is, instead of vilifying success and claiming the rich don't pay their fair share, policy makers should recognize the vital role that wealth creation plays in society. Punitive tax policies aimed at the ultra rich will do more harm than goods, stifling entrepreneurship and the very drivers of human and progress that benefit all Americans. It's a hard thing to sell because nobody wants to stand up for wealthy people.
Speaker 3: Well, I got so much to say about that, but we are out of time. We have more on the way.
Speaker 1: If you miss an ur get the podcast Armstrong and Getty. There's misogyny.
Speaker 4: But it's not just misogyny for white men. It's misogyny from Hispanic men, right, it's misogyny from black men. Things we've all been talking about. Who do not want a woman leading?
Speaker 1: The Black voters came through for Kamala Harris. White women voters did not.
Speaker 5: She is a person of color, she is a she, and she is an interracial marriage. And I wonder I have this question mark in my mind. Oh we wherether All of those things combined was too much for pockets of this country.
Speaker 6: There were appeals to racism in this campaign, and there is racial bias in this country, and there is sexism in this country. And anybody who thinks that that did not in any way impact on the outcome of this race is wrong.
Speaker 1: In any way.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if anybody, if there's a single vote out of one hundred and fifty million vote that had something to do with the race.
Speaker 1: That's worth having the That's not the driving force though, or even close right. I'm just maybe it's the mood I'm in. I am so interested in the blindness of these people, and I will want to kick them and mock them again soon, but for now, I just I'm trying to figure out a way for the good of the country to reach them.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine said to this text yesterday their workplace, which actually is a government workplace, I said, anybody at your work need counseling, because they actually had offered counseling the day before for anybody who would be upset, probably a taxpair expense. A lot of puffy eyes from the men. One of them put his arm around my shoulder, which I shrugged off, and told me anyone who voted for Trump is a racist.
Speaker 1: It's the only explanation.
Speaker 3: And this person was assuming that the person they put their arm around a read with them politically, of course, because for some reason, the left particularly just assumes you can say extraordinarily out of bounds things to everyone, and we're just supposed to keep our mouths shut and put up with it.
Speaker 1: Well, they have created their own bubble in that, and I'm speaking mostly for people in Bluish parts of the country that if somebody says they're a liberal among conservatives, the reaction is, so, what are you gonna do? If somebody says they're a conservative. Among liberals, the reaction is never ending shower of hate and derision. So could it be that there are lots of people who are these strange, hateful people. They're close to you, but they don't say anything because you're so mean.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I got in the workplace yesterday with a whole bunch of people I would have never have guessed were so thrilled with Drum's victory because you have to keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So anyway, listening to that montage of clips, I'm just I'm fascinated and well, just astounded by nobody to Kamala Harris failed miserably in the Democratic primaries not long ago. She had awful approval ratings as the vice president. So if you had a white dude who failed miserably in the primaries, then had awful approval numbers as vice president and he lost, why would you explain that racism? Okay, okay, okay, So why is that incredibly so obvious. I'm not even gonna bother repeating it. Explanation not applicable here, Help me understand, I would love to have that country.
Speaker 3: Well for a guy to put his armor on someone say racism. It's the only explanation?
Speaker 1: Is it the only explanation? I feel like I could come.
Speaker 3: Up with some like start with maybe the two issues that every pool showed were the most important issues to people, the economy in the border, which were right well on the.
Speaker 1: Side of Trump. Thanks for the Thanks for the companying arm around my shoulder, But what about the by far two biggest issues in the election, anything any significance to those? You think? Yeah, just frustrating. So I've been pouring through all sorts of different think pieces from the liberal media, including this forum between many of the greatest thinkers at the Washington Post, Ruth Marcus and David something I can't even remember, but anyway, David says, my biggest question is what comes next for Democrats. There will inevitably be hard questions about why Harris didn't do better. I'm not sure whether people will blame the progressive wing of the party or progressives will claim they were right and Harris made a big mistake in moving to the center. For the Republicans, the next step read it that way. Good luck you were progressive enough. Yeah, that's a good read. Again, I'm just weird. I just don't get it. The biggest and scariest question as we contemplate the likelihood of a Trump victory is will they wage a war of retribution? And Matt asks, I mean we say, oh, you mentioned the former AIDS who described Trump as a fascist, which is true they did. But David says, Ruth, you know the legal system better than anyone. Do you think our courts and legal institutions are strong enough to protect our country against the danger that Matt describes of a Trump fascist tendencies? Ruth says, in terms of jailing reporters and prosecuting opponents, I think the answer is somewhat. But detention camps, oh my god, for whom, Like for illegal immigrants? Do you mean like the very same facilities that Obama used that were filled to bursting, Yeah, they might happen. Dismantling the civil service now I've run into that in several places. The discussion of how it is an unmitigated and unmistakable evil to reduce the size of the federal government. Yeah, we have to get to that later.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal has a good piece about how many more federal employees there are now than there were just a couple of years ago, and Elon's gonna take that on. But as you just pointed out, a whole bunch of people think doing away with any any government job is a horror.
Speaker 1: Right. First of all, we can do the whole hour on that next hour, and I would be thrilled. But dismantling the civil service is listed as something is clear that is clearly an indisputably un evil thing. And again I gotta stop you. And these people are bright. They're utterly well lacking in wisdom and perspective, but they're they're reasonably bright. And I would say, I'm getting the idea that any reduction of the federal workforce is a bad thing to you? Does it follow then that any growth in the federal workforce is a good thing. Let's talk about this. How do you not How does that not enter into your head as you're forming an argument? I don't know. Then she tries to shame the justices. Bah bah bah uh. It's then Math tries to drag him back to reality. It's worth noting that at this writing it seems very possible that Trump also one of the popular vote, you can even pass the fifty percent threshold. It does seem like a moment when we have to take stock of the country we're living in and admit, as Ruth said at the outset, that it might not be the country some of us thought it was. Whatever, Now we're at a crossroads, stopped at the traffic light, plenty of time to decide we're gonna turn right or go straight or left or whatever. Is it not the country you thought it was, because it's actually far worse and far evil, which is where they're going right? Or is it because you have failed to perceive the country as it is. It's not us, it's you. But they never even entertain that notion.
Speaker 3: Well, as you heard Scarborough yesterday on Morning Joe lecturing Hispanic men and black men for being sexist and racist in all kinds of different things, because what else are you gonna do other than recognize that men in particular ain't digging a lot of your.
Speaker 1: Crazy wol policies right right. And then finally this from David. He says they're talking about what would have mattered, what might have won it, And he says, I wish Harris had somehow found a way to make the American people seem more clearly Donald Trump is so. At the Washington Post, they're leading thinkers think the problem was Kamala didn't lean enough into Trump is evil. And I've got half a dozen of these examples. But I love what George Will wrote, and he of course talks about she's really not a good campaigner at all, not a good not a good candidation, never been popular, never really won anything on the national stage, vapid. And then he pointed out, and I love this, she mocked Trump for being such a feeble president that he could not even build his border wall. Simultaneously, she made it clear that in a second term, the triumph of his hitlarian values with steamroll America's democratic institutions. Perhaps voters detected a contradiction. Yes, he's so weak he couldn't even build his wall, but if he wins, he will become hit letter at rules and stand us ride to the United States crushing which one was it? And then this they didn't even touch on it in the Washington Post editorial board, except in that very brief discussion of maybe the progressives were right, maybe she shouldn't attack to the center, and Will puts it beautifully as I think we have in other's Harris, who called Trump weird, leads a party hospitable to advanced thinkers who believe that men can menstruate. Speaking of weird, the Biden Harris administration Secretary of Health and Human Services could not be cajoled during Senate testimony to refer to mothers as other than birthing people. And perhaps they're still loud. It's kind of funny. Oh yeah. Harris's difficulties with male voters had something to do with their party having too many members who think that, in their favorite phrase, toxic masculinity, the adjective is actually redundant. All masculinity is toxic. Trump has hardly monopolized the supply of weirdness. Yeah, no kidding, and they can weard fast. I Ah, I'm not sure how much progress we can make as a country until we clean out the rot, the infection of our education systems that are churning out generation after generation of Ruth Marcus's The Wall Street Journal. Ruth I was referring to speaking of our education system.
Speaker 3: Guess what college canceled classes yesterday because of the election.
Speaker 1: Pretty funny, but we.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you about this first Price Picks Heading into another great sports weekend, Price Picks is the best place to get real money sports action. With over ten million members and billions of dollars in awarded winnings, you.
Speaker 1: Can now win up to one hundred times your money on prize picks with as little as four correct picks. You just pick more or less on at least two player stats for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. You can run your game all season long on Price Picks. Whatever your favorite sports are. They cover it all, which players are going off, which ones aren't. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds and turn your sports opinions into real money all season long on Price Picks. And if one of your players gets injured or leaves it in the first half and doesn't return, Price Picks keeps your lineup live. It's it's really cool. You're gonna be impressed with it. I know I was. Download the app today. Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first dollar or five dollars lineup. That's right, five bucks. It's fun. That's the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollar lineup. You don't have to win. It's guaranteed prize picks. Run your game.
Speaker 3: We might be closer to World War than we've been in a long time, and it's not getting much attention because the election. We'll get to that coming up in a little bit, but Harvard professors canceled a lot of classes yesterday students feeling too much emotion the day after the loss of their candidate courses such had Ivy League colleges. I mean, I'm leaving out to technical education. They're a joke. It is crazy. So in theory, or it used to be, people viewed it this way that the best colleges of the smartest students in America. We all know that's a bunch of crap now, but they're too weak to go to school when they're preferred presidential candidate loses courses such as Sociology eleven fifty six, Statistics for Social Sciences, and Applied math Solving and Optimizing is where well as several general education courses. The ancient Greek hero popular culture. In modern China, all canceled classes Wednesday, made attendance optional, or extended assignment deadlines. You know, I'm not as we recover this was the language as we recover from the eventful election night process the implications of Trump's victory. Please know that classes will proceed in this manner and cancel extended assignments, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I'm not entirely comfortable with this metaphor because there are so many great moms in the world, But you got your your mommy impulses and your daddy impulses. And when the kid falls down, skins his knee, or the election goes the wrong way that the cliche admittedly mommy impulses oh honey, oh sweetheart, oh my darling, and the daddy impulses, Ah, You're gonna be fine, Go play, go have fun. We need so much more of the daddy impulse on the college campuses. Hey, I know you're dis wanted, but applied math. Let's get to work, get up, You're gonna have You're gonna be fine. We need so much more of that.
Speaker 3: How few years ago would it have been insane to hear that one person in America couldn't go to work or school the next day after a presidential election, if you're including the guy you lost, if you'd have heard of one person, you'd have thought, Wow, that poor person is really weak or crazy.
Speaker 1: Now it's just accepted for grown ups, right what, Yeah, I know that is a real cultural change. Where did it come from? Education?
Speaker 3: North Korean troops fight Ukrainians that ain't good? Among other things on the way are from.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I hope with the presidential election over and maybe by tomorrow we'll be back to paying attention to all the news that's going on around the world or in our country that's not about who's president at any given time, including what's going on in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Here's latest report from ABC News.
Speaker 7: North Korean troops have now engaged in combat with the Ukrainian forces for the first time. This is according to both Ukrainian and US officials. More than ten thousand North Koreans are now believed to have joined the fighting alongside Russian forces.
Speaker 1: The class has taken place in Curse.
Speaker 7: Remember this is the border region of Russia. The Ukrainian forces invaded over the summer, partly taking over areas of it. It marks a significant escalation. I think in this conflict there's now going spectacularly badly for Ukraine, and he's going to present a huge challenge for.
Speaker 1: Presidents elect Trump.
Speaker 7: President Zelenski speaking to Trump saying I had an excellent call with him and that strong and I'm wavering US leadership is vital for the world and for a just peace. Remember Trump promised to end this conflict within twenty four hours, so now his transition team is going to have to try and turn those promises into reality.
Speaker 3: Did he say it, it's going spectacularly bad for Ukraine?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow. Did you see the drone attack Ukraine had on.
Speaker 3: The ships, the Russian ships yesterday? Well that was something I don't know if that's technology that we've sent them or.
Speaker 1: What, but some of it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you got North Korean troops fighting Ukrainians in Russia alongside Russian troops. NATO has said if North Korean troops are fighting in Ukraine, then we're going to put NATO troops in Ukraine. I assume with the idea of this is a serious red line. I mean, you do not want to cross the red line of putting North Korean troops in Russia. Why would the world make that such a declaration. Why are Russian troops, you know, killing families in their homes in Ukraine, something NATO won't stand up against, but North Korean troops would be. I suspect very strongly, although I have not, you know, heard the exact reasoning of the Europeans and the NATO leadership. But you have an organized multi country war of conquest in Europe, including North Korea, which has got zero business fighting over anything in Europe borders or whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's just no no. If you're recruiting Asian countries to come and kill Europeans and help you out, no, Europe has to stand up against that, and their biggest ally of the United States.
Speaker 3: You know that Bob Woodward book that came out a couple of weeks ago, and like all Bob Woodward books, got a whole bunch of attention for a couple of days with some cherry picked out of context quotes that hurt the Republican and helped the Democrat, and then the book goes away. Well, I'm actually reading the book and the stuff about Trump is like I wouldn't even have noticed it.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like reading the book, it doesn't stand out as interesting at all. A couple of things that did stand out is interesting. This is the first place I've seen reporting where we had a human in the Kremlin. That's where we were getting all our information, and why we knew Russia was going to go into Ukraine and knew so much about it. We had an actual human being in the Kremlin close to Putin as a source.
Speaker 1: That's something. And this as they suffered an unfortunate fall human.
Speaker 3: And this I thought this should have been the explosive nugget from Woodward's book. During the presidential election, Putin actually went into Ukraine because of the way Biden handled Afghanistan. He saw by dealing with that and thought, oh man, there's no way he can stop us.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 3: You're going to tell me that that's not worthy of discussion as a political story.
Speaker 1: It's funny. The media must have skimmed the book so quickly they missed that part. Right. You cannot have enough contempt for the dishonesty the mainstream media. You'd have to work on it all day long and do I don't know, exercises or something in other words, that trick it up.
Speaker 3: In other words, the Trump claimed that he would have never done that if I was in office is quite possibly true.
Speaker 1: I think it is. I've always thought that I think a lot of Trump's bluster is bull crap, but that I agreed with Oh speaking of Russia and explosive nuggets, Western security officials believe that two incendiary devices shipped via DHL were part of a covert Russian operation that ultimately aimed to start fires aboard cargo or passenger aircraft flying to the US in Canada, part of Moscow's sabotage campaign against Washington and its allies. Gold device is ignited in Germany and England. What's your goal there? To start a nuclear holocaust? You bring down a passenger plane and we can trust to Russia. We're at war, aren't we? Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, a warm war somewhere between cold and hot Man. Trump's inheriting all this, and who knows how he's gonna handle it. Armstrong and Getty