Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories, done done.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's messed up. A SVU podcast.
Speaker 1: My name is Lisa, my name is Kara, and we every week on this podcast go through an episode of SVU the true crime it's based on.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we have a guest.
Speaker 1: Un there's no guests. Yeah, democracy is falling? Can you just leap back off? Well, we have some good ones coming up. We haven't completely abandoned guests, but just everybody relaxed, hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're both recovering.
Speaker 1: Literally, if you guys were listening to last week, I unknowingly had COVID.
Speaker 4: I was watching.
Speaker 1: I was feeling bad the last episode that we recorded and was like oh, and then went in the house right after we recorded, took a test and was like bye forever.
Speaker 4: And I was in bed for a few days and then I just got.
Speaker 1: Better and I was been fine the last few days and now I feel like shit again. And Liza's been sick the last few days. Everyone I know is sick. It's like fucking I don't know what's happening. I woke up Friday and wasn't feeling well, but I kept pushing through because it's also like, well, you're party and you're smoking weed.
Speaker 2: You're saying this, there's a radiator, the air is dry, this and that. So I make excuses, I make excuses. I'm pushing I'm pushing through. I had dinner reservations.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do them.
Speaker 1: I'm at dinner and my friend looks at me and goes, you've been degrading this whole night, and you need to leave. She goes, you are getting worse and worse. Your attitude is a nightmare. You are so snappy, and you need to go home. And I had to cancel eight shows over the weekend. Oh my god, I could have bought a Tiffany's you know necklace. Yeah, funny, Oh my god, Bush, But say even about that, I just like, I'm off this high of my special coming out. I'm like doing all these pods.
Speaker 4: I like, like I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: The external validation is popping on the internet. Yeah, to then be like, you need to leave dinner immediately, Jesus. That just reminds me of the time you came and did my show when it was at Barlu Bitch, and you were just curled up in the corner and you're like, no, I'm ready to go whenever.
Speaker 4: And I was like, you need to get the fuck out of here. You're dying. Well posto, that was a pre previ that was pre COVID. Yeah, you don't. You can't push through.
Speaker 1: But I flicked someone off in the line in the bathroom at this restaurant.
Speaker 4: I told Amanda fuck off, like I had, I had to go.
Speaker 2: And then it was it was sad, but I still puffed the weed. It's I'll have this call for a while. But a bunch of people from my party got sick. Fucking Molly has bronchitis. There's influenza A. I mean, people are sick.
Speaker 4: That's what I had. And then I got my period.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, imagine leading in calling at the same time. No kill me. That's terrible, that's funny, terrible, just coming out from everywhere. Listen, I just had the flu a month ago. I had the flu and then COVID and now I have some kind of weird cold, like I'm sick of as shit. But anyway, but it's a good lesson, and you know me, like I I'm never actually disappointed because life is good. But I build everything up in my head. My expectations are always sky high, so like, well, my special will come out and Hollywood will grab me. And then I was like, oh, I'm still in my Tailor Swift sweatshirt, like I still don't want to wash my hair. I am the same person and nothing is truly changed, which is fine because life is I mean, outside of the disasters.
Speaker 4: But it is just so funny how I can never change.
Speaker 1: My like yeah, oh my god. And I'm like, oh, I guess it's like the same, but with more comments, you know what I mean. It's like just more comments. But life is pretty chill.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: My father ask for physical copies of the special. I go, and where are you gonna watch him? Where are you gonna watch that on? Now? Did he mean DVD? Did he mean a VHS? What was he referring to?
Speaker 2: They're gonna send They're gonna send him a DVD and a drive.
Speaker 4: Oh cool.
Speaker 1: But I also told him I go, I go, dad, you know, because for analytics, whatever they send you. But I'm like, you know, watch it as many times as you can. I'm you're obsessed with me? What else you have to do?
Speaker 4: Put it on?
Speaker 2: Like I'm telling my parents, not all of you live your lives, you know, don't ignore your children. But I and then my dad goes, yeah, but they're gonna tell us from the same house, so I'm sure you know. They say that's not gonna count. Who said that to you?
Speaker 1: That's how like the Nielsen ratings maybe work. I don't think that's how fucking streams were. No, they want you to watch it a lot of time. That's the whole point. Like can they trap you? The tech wants to trap you? But I'm like, dad, who are you?
Speaker 3: Who told you?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: How are you the expert on the thing that you don't even know how to work? Right now?
Speaker 1: Like it?
Speaker 4: They also didn't call me. I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: I call my dad the next day because I knew they stayed up to watch it. I go, hey, did you guys see any good? And my dad goes, oh, we say it's early. I have to go feed the street cat and then hangs up on me. I don't hear from them again. The next day, I wake up, I don't hear from them. I call them in the afternoon. My mom goes, I'm sorry, I had a pedicure. I go a forty eight hour pedicure. What the fuck are you going?
Speaker 4: I don't know what the like.
Speaker 1: You? Why am I making just like And then my sister's being like, well, what you know, very like mushrooms therapy of like, well, why do you even really need to talk to mom that bad?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, for for compliments, validation my parents.
Speaker 1: She's trying to make me feel like shit that I want attention from my parents at the biggest week of my life.
Speaker 4: No, that's so.
Speaker 1: Then I screamed at them and they're like, sorry, we thought you'd be busy.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I did too. I did. Oh my god, that is so funny. No, but it has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been. It's been nice. I mean hearing nice things. Usually the internet's not nice. It's so knock on wood. It can turn at any moment, but so far, everyone's just been so kind. And I feel like, you know, you put something out to relate to people, and then when people relate to it or into.
Speaker 4: It, it feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My sister's like, why do you need external validation? I'm like, bitch, I'm like dancing on a stage. What are you talking about? Look at my entire career, like this is what we do. Oh but my friend Alex from London was in town. I couldn't see her because I was sick in bed for me, No, so I saw her for Oh and at my party I made so many blacked out, drunk plans that I had dinner plans with her. And I get a text going, hey, I got the tickets for Death Becomes Her. Where should we meet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I was blacked out. I go, yeah, I'll be there in a few hours. Oh so you wait, tell me about it because I think I want to go at the.
Speaker 4: End of the month.
Speaker 1: Dude, it is awesome as a lover of the movie, like any of the things they had to switch for the stage, fine, Like it's awesome. It's so fun and I've never seen a musical that has to do special effects, you know, with like the neck and the fight and the stairs, so like the way they do the effects is cool, and the set.
Speaker 4: Makes everything look so grand.
Speaker 1: The singing is good, the costumes, the acting, and it's funny and it's sexy. Okay, I'm gonna get tickets. I'm gonna get tickets.
Speaker 4: I want to go.
Speaker 1: I have like one thing that wasn't my fay one out of the out of two full acts, there's like one little thing that I'm like, I don't know, but but I I'm not gonna say. And the best merch ever. I bought two pin sets, a magnet and a compact.
Speaker 4: Like I loved it. The pin set is like the sem Forraviva Live Forever. Yeah, like the gold little s Yeah. Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the potion and it says death becomes they're all in one, like it's three pins.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love that. That's like really cool. That's so great. Yeah, it really was. Uh oh the Radiator, so you.
Speaker 1: Know the people from La that like that came so that afterwards I'm like, oh, come to my apartment. Let's like smoke some weed and hang out. And we're sitting and after a while I go, oh, that's my radiator. Sorry, and they go, yeah, no, it's been concerning, but you were acting like nothing was happening.
Speaker 4: So we just went along with it. No one's climbing in here. It is loud. I think we should leave it just for this special episode.
Speaker 1: The sword Fights everybody if you've been familiar, uh yeah, this is just New York heating. And then I had Shang Wang texted yes stream being like hey, I'm in town to do gigs. Like you want to hang, I'm like, come on over, and he was like this is insane.
Speaker 4: How do you live with this?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like, unless it's the morning, I don't really notice that as much anymore. Wait, I love that you and Shanghong out like just haging, that's so fun. Oh yeah, well you know what's funny about him? So we had a daytime hang where he just came over. Actually the housewives were on, and like they were on, I put them on.
Speaker 4: I don't have.
Speaker 1: And it was Berkshire's like Derinda but like the you're a whore, you fuck everyone's I made it nice and he goes, so's this kind of like a show about like, you know, clinical diagnoses.
Speaker 4: Are they all just And I got that's what they look at it.
Speaker 1: And then I was giving them the history of like women and family and how it were blah blah blah, and I kept going and then we were watching and after an hour and a half he was like, this is really making me feel bad and we put this. He goes, this is stressful, but it's funny.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 2: We had like a chill thing. And then I met up with him late at night at the cellar post drink. Like I saw daytime and nighttime of a person, and it was really funny and they were very different.
Speaker 4: But I watched David Tell last night. It was like watching Michael Jordan, where you know it's going to be good.
Speaker 1: And we had smoked a ton of blunts and like we were ready for it, but I had not left. I I can't believe it, and so good to be you know, we have He goes, Oh god, the congestion prices. He goes, I love it. I love it for my business. I mean it's been amazing, you know, sex trafficking. It's really zipping and zipping through those bridges. And I'm like, you're so funny. You're so funny.
Speaker 4: Oh he's a legend. Yeah wait, I just keep babbling.
Speaker 1: But thank you everyone that was watching and sending posts and like tagging me. It feels really nice, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Sure, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I mean it is me trying to rip off David Tel's roadwork. In a more fashion. So we need a female Dava Tel that's fat. He's like, I haven't. He's like, I haven't watched it yet. It's I must say. And in my head I'm like, yeah, I hope you don't. You're gonna be like this bitch is trying to rip me off? No, I mean, how many women are doing just Sarah Silverman, how many?
Speaker 4: Like there's so many.
Speaker 1: People ripping everybody off. You can take a davat tell another one.
Speaker 4: So homophobic.
Speaker 2: But like someone wrote to Jared Goldstein on his podcast being like, this is just Caleb Harron's podcast, like you know, stop it, blah blah blah, and it's like and then Jared Goldstein wrote, Oh, I'm actually copying Stavros' podcast where it's like.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Like podcasts are like two people talking on a thing is just like what we're all doing. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to tell you. I mean ours is more intense than.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a wild that's a like any gay man talking to friends is Caleb now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, death becomes from is great. I definitely have to uh okay around you gotta go see it. It's and we love the movie, so it's like you're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we talked about Amelia Perez last week and a listener did give us a little bit of context about why people hate on it so much, because like the director is not Mexican, but he made like a Mexican movie where he's like seeing a lot, making a lot of you know whatever. And I totally like that is context I did not have before I watched it. But I hate to say something. Everybody I did enjoy Amelia Perez. Oh my god, I might be one of the only Jared and I watched it. We were like, this is kind of good. Like, I mean, listen, it's not a good musical. Like the musical. I'm not gonna be singing the songs. And that clip that's going around the internet of penis to vagina, of vagina to penis or whatever is awful.
Speaker 4: That is the most awful clip and that is the only clip that's going around. So that is bad.
Speaker 1: But how do you be defying gravity? How does the nurst part of the movie you know be you know, to me, it's apples and oranges. Like they're not trying to be define gravity at all. No, they won the Golden Globe for song. This is what I'm saying out. Oh that's crazy, That's what I'm saying. It beating Wicked for the song. That's crazy. What that's all I'm mad about.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just thought everybody, like everybody's like, why is it getting all these nominations for everything? And I'm like, well, it's not trying to be Wicked. The music's not good. And then you're telling me they won the Golden Globe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's crazy, defying gravity, loss to penis to Vagina Like that, that's not what I'm saying. The acting is really good, and I actually like was I was intrigued by the story. I do realize that it's problematic in a lot of ways. And also the star of the show, the star of the movie literally has had some really bad tweets resurface. So I'm not trying, but I'm just trying to say, I don't know what's wrong with my brain. Like Katya would not stop talking about how much she hated and she could even get through it, and I was like, this is like a movie I've never seen before.
Speaker 4: Like it was truly like say what you will about it.
Speaker 1: You've never seen anything really like it, and I thought it was wild and I kind of was into it. Maybe I was, I don't know. Everybody was like, you know what you have, Caarra, You have COVID to blame that for. You can always say I had COVID when I watched I loved it.
Speaker 4: Yes, so there's that.
Speaker 1: But wait, speaking of award shows, let's talk about the Grammys for a second.
Speaker 4: What were your big takeaways.
Speaker 1: I feel that we need to do a fucking extraction mission on Kanye's wife, Like I'm I feel sad for this woman, Like I can't.
Speaker 4: I talked about that's on another pod, but I'm like, I just we just have to.
Speaker 1: Have hope that it's a performance piece since she's ivyly educated.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just wish she would do one interview. Can you do one interview where you say that everything's okay? And then like, I know, but my thing is like, if you're using this guy for like I, he's just we know he's an abusive man.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, I don't know why we're but I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's I honest, But the thing that's crazy, is I I did think the stalking looked good, like it was the best sheer stocking that's ever existed. And I talked to someone else that was like on a hangar it looked really cool too, and it's like, it is cool, it's just not the play.
Speaker 4: I don't know, we need the lip reading girl.
Speaker 2: To because they had conversation it seemed like her going like I don't want to do this and him being like, you have to do it. But then someone's like, maybe she has a humiliation kink, like maybe this is what she seems to like. We don't really know, but with everything we know about him and what's come to light about so many other musicians in this industry, I just don't.
Speaker 4: Know how we like sit back and chill out. But like that's I guess, just.
Speaker 1: Life right now, Like these horrible things are happening and your we're like sitting and I mean it's the Long five.
Speaker 4: It's yeah. Oh but I did see don't look up. I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like that.
Speaker 2: It's the best movie ever and it makes me understand what's happening now. I'm like, how did Adam McKay in twenty twenty one predict right now, like it is happening right now. He's the richest guy is going and doing what he wants and that happened in this movie, and like why don't we take those movies more seriously?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, Like I loved I liked that movie a lot when I saw it, and like, yeah, it's like everyone says idiocracy is happening, Like we're chiocracy was just dumb, not as hateful, Like it was dumb. Yeah, but they were just like inbred and masturbating, not trying to take like they were too dumb for school.
Speaker 4: Not we want to take away school so we have child labor and like no more.
Speaker 1: Osha, you know, Like that's what's It's like, it's just going back to nineteen fourteen, and you know, I'm not really built for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, none of us are.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous about these teens that Elon Musk has running around. These guys that are doing all this shit are nineteen and twenty. How are they getting into these buildings? How are they getting passwords to the computers? Like I don't understand any of the logistics. We know that you guys all are like all of all of the people that listen to this podcast are have amazing careers, and so I'm sure some of you work in the We're gonna can tell us how a bunch of teens are allowed to just go in and like show a picture of Elon Musk in a tesla and walk in and get classified information. Also, instead of ranting into the ether, if you are someone that is working in an industry that is being impacted right now, right like if you are an immigration law if you are at a school that's about to lose your fun, it's like, if you are just being impacted right now in a big way, reach out to us so then we can like do something. Yeah, you know, it's about the community. It's about small actions, about doing what we can. You guys have always been amazing with the Amazon wishless for teachers or anytime we post about organization or you know what would sister peg Do's so like, I mean not to bring it back to soul cycle, but my teacher, one of the teachers, was like, you know, feel grateful that you feel safe in this space, and think about all the people that do not have a space like this to feel safe.
Speaker 2: And so it's like thinking about that and like any direct impact that we can help. If your boots on the ground being impacted right now, let us know, because we all will be. I mean, there's a New York doctor being fucking sued for giving an abortion pill to someone in Louisiana. And why you canceled the appointments of two kids getting a gender It's back here, I know, I know it's back.
Speaker 1: It's back. They they said they the Attorney General for New York said fuck that. But yeah, like there are I'm just like praying that the checks and balances we have in place are going to be enough to hold us up there. I don't think they are next four years. But we can't all we can't go down with Grammy's. Grammy. It's Grammy, It's Grammy, It's Grammy's. I didn't watch it all the way through.
Speaker 2: I've just been watching the performances online and like the outfits, you know, just keeping up how I can. I don't know why it's not on my Paramount Plus or Hulu or anything yet, like give it to me, but I loved it.
Speaker 4: It's for the girls. Men should not be invited to award shows.
Speaker 1: They should not be included at all, Like the girlies are everything and we yeah proved it. This is I loved ev I liked I liked that it felt like they all were happy to see each other and chatting, like yeah, I feel stuffy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't stuffy. It was exciting. People were fans of the music this year and that was really exciting. And there's so much good music.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we talked about this on Hysteria or something about how like may like in sort of bad political climates, there's always like a lot of good art. And like the music right now is just like awesome, Like there's so much good music that's like one silver lining. It's like there's just I mean, I can't believe how much Kendrick won for a dis track. That is fucking awesome. I mean, and this is huge for haters. Yeah, huge for haters.
Speaker 4: I am sad for Billy. I'm not even sad for Taylor.
Speaker 2: I think Taylor knew she was gonna go home empty handed, but Billy I wish she had one. But like I was talking to someone, there's to take because I was like, maybe Sabrina could have only won one, but she could that's her songs were fucking hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Billy, but Billy's album was really good and that sucks. But I don't know. She's like twenty. She gonna give us so much more.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be watching her win Grammys till we're dead, No for sure, And she has so many oscars. But like, Taylor looked so sexy. I loved her getting drunk in fun like I love her vibe. But if I was one of the cooler girls, I would fuck.
Speaker 2: I know people are annoyed with her, Like I know people are like, oh great, she won't sit the fuck down like I wanna be. I want to hear Miley talk shit about Taylor, Like that's what I want.
Speaker 4: Your dream.
Speaker 1: Your dream is like you Miley a joint and some shit talk. Yeah, but I doci. I mean love How cool is it to win an award and then be able to perform with no stress, nothing to prove bitch I won, Like I just feel that energy. But the choreo, like, I mean, if she'd I that's that is creative every genie.
Speaker 4: I mean she level.
Speaker 1: Like I was watching some video I saw some not even videos, like a meme that was like just stills of her making a video five years ago.
Speaker 4: She's like, well, I just lost my job.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm just gonna like go around tomorrow to record companies and see if, like they'll give me an internship. And then it was just the next slide. It's just her winning her Grammy and it was five years ago, Like that's cool.
Speaker 2: It's so cool, like Sabrine, everyone leave. Everyone was just so them and no one could do it. They like Sabrina Carpenter's performance, so her, so old timey Marilyn Monroe. Then you have Charlie XCX just like yeah, yeah, dirty dirty. Everyone was just so perfect and yourselves like it was.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. And then you know that man, you know, flipping in the air. Yeah, well somebody you'll love this because I don't know if you saw this, but I saw some meme that was a picture of that guy, and it goes every generation has its imagined dragons, and I know your sister loves imagine dragons. Yeah, but I don't even know what that it like, just the flipping because well no, because the song is very it's like he sings that. It's like on TikTok about beautiful, you know, like that's like it sounds like an imagine dragons sound, I think, but the flipping. I don't think the dragons flip, but yeah, like the spiritual of it all. Yeah, yes, like rocky pop rock pop with a just a little dash of Christianity.
Speaker 4: But a little bit of church. But yeah, wow, it was great. It was good.
Speaker 1: I mean I again, I watched Album of the Year live, like I watched that get announced because that was like by the time I got my kids to bed, everything else, I took it. I love all the memes of people being like Blue Ivy runs that family, like Blue Ivy being like mom, or get up there, get up to the ward, go like get it together.
Speaker 4: They're like they're sweet. She seems sweet.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the twins are up to, Like is Blue the clear favorite or they just want to be private?
Speaker 4: Like I'm so curious of dynamic.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe it's like to a certain age because the twins are young because we knew Blue the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we knew Blue the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also love the memes because everyone hates on Taylor so much and like I get it in this but I love all of the videos now of like everyone listening to not like us, and everyone's calm, and then it's like Taylor listening and it's like she was going nuts dancing doing like what the stinky leg or something. So it's like all of these black creators are like dancing as Taylor, being like, why did anyone tell us she was fun?
Speaker 4: Wait? Hold on way, way way, and so like.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited that a community that like didn't really fuck with her, like, oh wait, we like this drunk bit who's dancing and like into Kendrick and holding a bottle and all of their recreations of her.
Speaker 4: I mean, they all dance better than her in their in their memes.
Speaker 1: But I love the love she's getting online because she's usually just getting I mean, obviously she's beloved.
Speaker 4: Right, but she gets probably almost equal hate. I'm sure. Yeah, So I just love that. Oh my god, we didn't even talk about Gaga. Like the new song is good. I haven't heard it. Ak, it's fucking good. It is good.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I texted you this. We have to stop because we'll just keep going. But I text you this. But COVID. One of the silver linings of COVID was I got fully into the fucking Traders and oh my god, you told me forever. My friend's other friends told me forever. I was like, yeah, I'll get into it.
Speaker 4: I'll get into it.
Speaker 1: I never like shows like Survivor because I don't want to watch people like fighting for food and like naked on a beach like, but this is like Survivor indoors, like in a nice castle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like that's what I like.
Speaker 1: I like all the intrigue. I like all the can I talk to you for a second, Hey, can I just can I grab you? Like they're all just like going into rooms and gossiping.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding? It seems like the best and I have been loving it.
Speaker 1: So if this is your sign that if people have been telling you to get into Traders, I was holding out just honestly, not based on anything, based on time. And oh my god, I'm now I'm like appointment on Thursdays watching it. Yeah I'm one episode behind at the moment, but yeah, fuck yah. Yeah it's a good show.
Speaker 4: And the outfits, the girls that the Barbie the Bambies are bringing it. Yeah, the Bambies.
Speaker 1: I love when Bob not Bob the drag queen, Bob Harper was like, I want to be a Bambie. Yeah. You know. One time I was working out next to him at my old gym in West Hollywood, like in a really hard class, and I was like, this is not I was like, this is crazy. Why am I working out next to the biggest loser guy? Like I shouldn't be here. By the way, I'm sick, but I also worked out the last two days because I'm trying to get back into it. I can't walk. So not only am I sick, I can barely walk. My muscles are dying.
Speaker 4: I don't think mid COVID is the time to pick up a routine.
Speaker 1: I was done with my COVID.
Speaker 4: The pink line was gone.
Speaker 1: I did pilates one day and then I did boxing the next day and it was so fun. And now I can't walk. That sounds fun. Now it's it's awesome. I'm like, I'm like scared to go back.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I really felt so sick, but like I I'm actually doing two classes on Saturday. What because my teacher is covering the next class, So she's doing TTPD to reputation from one to one forty five and then at two to two forty five, she's doing nineteen eighty nine to debut.
Speaker 4: Wow, So I'm gonna do doubled. I'm gonna just do it whatever. Who cares? How else am I going to get the attention of the teacher I love? Are you gonna do too?
Speaker 1: Go for it? While I'm snotting everywhere full snoting by Saturday.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I also would like to say my friend Jared Goldstein, I'm talking to him online.
Speaker 2: I'm talking shit about some one and he goes, you're a nerd. I go, excuse me. He goes, why don't you go look at your fireplace? You don't think you're a fucking nerd? And then I realized, I'm a nerd? Why what's in your fireplace?
Speaker 4: My toys? I have a pretzel clits like my trolls, my Simpsons nerd for toys. You're a yeah, you are kind of like a merch toy nerd.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm like talking about these weird TV shows from seventeen years ago in depth analysis of the house, and I like it was just this slap in the face that I needed where I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Why do you take a look at your fireplace?
Speaker 1: I can't believe about fucking good Nerd. I'm so devastated. I guess I'm well, it's fine. That was my big thing I had written. Also, February twenty third, Karen and I are doing That's Messed Up Live in Washington, d C. Yeah. Yeah, well the planes stay in the sky. We'll see, let's hope, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Tickets are going.
Speaker 1: The tickets are going pretty fast, but we still have some left. So guys, get out there and get some ticks. You can go to That's Messed Up Live dot com, so you don't don't just google That's Messed Up in DC because you'll get a fucking like link that's trying.
Speaker 4: To scam you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to That's messed Up Live dot com. We have the true link. And then Lisa will be there the weekend before. By the way, go see Lisa do stand up that Saturday, that Friday, Saturday, and then come see us do the pot on Sunday. Yeah, and then this weekend in Portland for V Day week. Yeah, and I think I have some good outfits planned. My got my sight in my lover's sweater.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's my first road date in months, Like I truly it feels weird. It feels weird to take breaks, like most of my career have just like never taken time off.
Speaker 4: And I feel like.
Speaker 2: This year was the longest I've been off the road in chunks of my whole life, my whole career, even when I start like cause I took two months off the road in the summer and then like two months off now, and like I don't think I've ever done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's good, right, Well, my business manager has given me a call for sure. He goes, are you gonna work anytime soon? Because I'm getting blowouts?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: But uh, hell us, Oh my god, all right, I'm killing time at Del Frisco's. I mean it's out a control.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a aalise today and they've already they gave us a ten what feels like forty five minutes ago, So we should get started on the episode. But yes, go to I also wanted to say, not to keep plugging stuff. But the move Goodrich is on Max. Oh yes, Jared saw it. Jared saw he said he saw you. How did he feel? I mean, Michael Keaton is such a good actor. He liked it, but I don't think he saw all of it. He just saw he saw your part though. He's like, I started watching Good Rich and he's like, I got to lease his part.
Speaker 4: But he was the scene of.
Speaker 1: Michael Keaton in that elevator and he starts tearing it and I'm just like, wow, Yeah, a man of our kind of times.
Speaker 4: I don't know what else did I watch? Research? Oh, was I gonna?
Speaker 1: I was about to talk about escape at Xana Moor again. Get me get out, cut me out. We gotta stop. But go to That's Messed Up live dot com also and scroll down and you can go to Lisa's thing to see all her future roaddates because she's got a lot of stuff going on. And I'm gonna update my website today. My manager I was like, I it's like photos from twenty nineteen. There's no road dates on it, the specials not on it. It's my well, I am my manager's email. Yeah, but I should get the link tree on the website for God's sake.
Speaker 4: What that look is going on? But it is hard to focus on stuff when you wanna Yeah, all right with that? And Ray review five star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also guys, go to Apple and rate and review us. Please it's important right now. No, but let's get started on the episode. We've got a good one for you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: We are today doing Solving for Unknowns, Season twenty one, episode nineteen.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: This episode dropped like right at the beginning of the pandemic, but is one of these was from the final the season they shot right before, so everything's still normal. There's nobody kind of taking a mask on and off whenever they feel like it, or judges with plastic in front of them. So Benson and Rollins are just having a girl's day at the shooting range, and Benson's like, let's pop off another round and go get drunk, baby, which sounds like a lot of fun. But Rollins is like, my babysitter, and I'm like, what's another twenty dollars? Come on twenty five? I don't know what you're paying. Benson says, there are some squad room changes. I want to run by you, and Rolin's like, what's up? Is Kat fucking up? And then Benson's like, well, you need to report to one PP on Friday. And you can tell Rollins has kind of like always been a little bit of a fuck up because she immediately is like what did I do? Like, am I losing my job over my gambling? My insane sure that I've covered for my flirting with serial killers?
Speaker 4: Like what did I do? And Benson's like, I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 1: Girl. You're getting promoted to detective's second grade. And Rollins is like, oh my god, I didn't even think for a second it could be a good thing. Like she's like, she's like, after the year I've had and twenty one, season twenty one is actually a very busy season for her. Like when you go through the Hulu, like a lot of the episodes are like Rollins does this, Rowins does that. But what I'm assuming she's referring to specifically is how she got kidnapped by that other cop whose daughter was being trafficked.
Speaker 4: And she had to like talk him off the ledge that he wouldn't kill her.
Speaker 1: Did that episode, Yeah, yeah, Boo Bouchie the guy's like name is Bouchie or something, so live in Rollin's hug. And then Rollins is like, bottom's up or drinking. So a Uni gets into the car. Now we're at a different scene. It's at night. A Uni gets into a car as partner he hands his partner coffee and she's like, did you bring me anything? And he's like, oh my bad, and I'm like, you guys are no Benson and Stabler in terms of chemistry. We cut to a woman driving down a street in New York in a massive delivery truck with a cupcake on top.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is very wild the visual.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's swerving all over the road, she looks traumatized, like, I don't know, this doesn't look like a drunk person to me. And then finally she runs into the cop car like she's swerving all over the place. People are running out of the way of her car, and then bam into the cop car where these two cops are drinking their coffee and talking about sweet treets. And it is funny also that it's a cupcake, because she was like, did you bring me something sweet?
Speaker 4: And then bam they get slammed by a cupcake truck.
Speaker 1: It's very classic SVU imagery, I feel, and I do think it's funny that they had to like either find a cupcake truck or make one for the show just so this scene could happen. And like, the cupcake truck is very prominent in the entire episode. So this girl stumbles out of thecake truck. She looks dazed. Her name is Jill, it's written on the truck. It's called like Jill's Cupcakes or something. She has no idea what's going on. They think she's drunk, but obviously this is SVU. It seems like more than that. She loses her footing but isn't really passing out, and the cops coffer. They're at the precinct and they're asking her to blow into a breathalyzer, but she's sucking in. They're taking her fingerprints and she's wincing in pain, like there's something going on with this person, you know. Like now she's in a very very like rough and tumble holding cell with a ton of other women, and she has.
Speaker 4: No idea why she's even there. She's like, where am I?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What am I doing here? So this is not just like a woman who got wasted and decided to take her cupcake truck on a joy ride. So now we're at arraignment and Caresee is remanding some freak and Finn is there to make sure that the guy goes down. Jill is sitting there, completely out of it. And when they ask her to plead, she goes plead and her lawyer just goes, not guilty, and then you know, Carisee's obviously clocking that this woman's acting a little bit weird. Suddenly Jill can speak and she remembers some things, and she goes, I was raped last night and the cops arrested me. So obviously, Cariese's like, well, that's not gonna fly with me. He's gonna get her over to SVU obviously, and we are at the credits. So now we're at the squad room and Creasy is giving live the rundown. Her name is Jill Baker. She's thirty five, fun Jill Baker, and she's a baker. I just said that wrong. Her name is Jill Bailey. Her name is Jill Bailey, and she's a couple Like, that's you. That's more silly than usually goes, but I was into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: Her name is Jill Marketing executive and she like, no, sorry, Jill big Bailey is thirty five.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you won't believe.
Speaker 2: And I was doing some crowd work at the cellar and this dude was a defense contractor for foreign weapons and his partner who was with him was a social worker for cancer patients. Oh my god, Oh my god, did you have fun with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Yeah at that time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I mean, it's like you just know how to pick them, you really do. You never get a boring one. So this girl, Jill, her blood alcohol is point zh nine, which is barely over the limit, but the arresting officer said she was wasted. So now she's in wood room lines talking to Katamine and Rollins, and she's like, I was at a bar downtown. I was on a date with a guy named Luke. I met him on Trueheart, another addition to the SVU website Hall of Fame. That's like their version of match, or their version of actually no Tinder. And they ordered Howlers. She said she had two. They must have been strong. She's like, I felt not like myself. I still feel not like myself. She's like, then my memory drops out and it picks back up with me trying to drive my truck.
Speaker 4: So here's what I don't understand.
Speaker 1: It's like, you're a cupcake baker in Manhattan, and like, why are you driving your truck to a date. I don't understand, like you must be you must be parking your truck somewhere, Like you can't be using a massive truck that's impossible to park with a cupcake on top, to go hang out at bars like that.
Speaker 4: It's just so crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not victim blaming something happened, but i am like, kind of the logistics of how you parked your truck are crazy to me. Anyway, she felt like her body wasn't listening to her brain. She felt drugged. So then in court, maybe because the guy in front of her that Finn was there to make sure went down, maybe because he was there for a sexual assault charge.
Speaker 4: In court, she said it.
Speaker 1: Hit her that Luke had raped her, Like her clothes felt wrong, she was sore.
Speaker 4: She's like, I just knew I'd been raped.
Speaker 1: And so she goes to show them the messages that they had exchanged on True Heart and they're gone, but she says he messaged her something like, oh I had a fun time, did you get home okay?
Speaker 4: And that she wrote what did you do to me?
Speaker 1: And then he obviously matched her and Kat goes, oh, so he ghosted you, And I'm like, Cat, that's not really ghosting if he's covering his tracks for a sexual assault. Like I know that's like kind of a it's kind of like a sort of elementary way to put it. But like so Rollins is like, well, we can contact the app, but like we need you to get to the hospital right now so we can like do a talk screen find out if you were drugged. And Cat's like, yeah, they're going to test you for over three hundred drugs. So now they're at the bar from the date, the Howler bar, okay, and Rollins and Finn are chatting. They're like, Cat's not getting anywhere with the dating app, and then they see it, which is honestly should be part of this, like why the dating app like does not help and like later you find out more information about the dating app like not being responsible. But they see a sign for the Howlers and that they ask the bartender like, oh, what's in these? And he says white rum palm, sugar panned and leaves and coconut cream. So maybe it's like a little bit of a Pina colada vibe. I can't figure what this would taste like. I can't imagine what this would taste like. But anyway, he remembers Jill, even though it was so busy. Of course, he's the bar, he's an s View bartender. Of course he remembers everybody's name, what they ordered, and like how they paid. He remembers exactly the guy. He goes, he paid with cash, because I remember he counted the money out loud as he put it down. And they say, well, we're gonna need your security footage, and he goes, well, they're not my cameras. I'm freelance. And then Finn's like, get a manager. Will wait, like, don't fuck with Finn, you weird bartender. So at the precinct, now the timeline's coming together. They've got crystal clear footage of Luke and Jill at the bar from eight to eight fifty. They have two drinks, they're pounded them. That's fifty minutes to order drink too, and then they're out of there. Like there's no sign on the video of him spiking the drinks at all. They walk out. She doesn't seem fucked up, she doesn't seem drugged. She's walking okay. At nine o'clock they catch them on street cams. They're walking, she seems fine. An hour goes and then they have him walking her to her truck again, her cupcake truck. I'm laughing at her cupcake truck being driven to the date. Let me walk you to your truck. So he walks her out to the cupcake truck. They kiss gobye in front of it, and then she's standing there but they're like, she doesn't seem responsive, like he kisses her and she just stands there kind of like a zombie. And then the crash was ten minutes later, so he either drugged her in the bar or during this lost hour and lives like, well, we know what blocks they were on in that hour, so let's go like someone saw them.
Speaker 4: So we cut to the canvas.
Speaker 1: A doorman knows exactly who this guy is, says he has an annoying dog, points them to a bodegas and then where he goes. The bodega guy goes, I know this guy. He buys two beers every night, pays with cash and counts it out on the counter or whatever. But they also have a break. Bodega guy goes, I know where he lives. When it rains, he orders in and they're like two beers and he's like two beers in a pizza to be fair. They're like, we bring him a pizza, and I'm like, what bodega makes pizza. I mean, maybe it's a like a Stofer's French crust or something that you do in the microwave, but I've never had Podiga pizza.
Speaker 4: At his apartment.
Speaker 1: We finally meet Luke Mitchell, and I don't think I realized this the very first time I watched this episode, but he is played by Eddie K Thomas, who is famously the guy who fucks Stiffler's mom an American Pie. Yeah, yeah, he is shipbreak. He's you know, he works a lot. He was in Harold and Kumar, a bunch of episodes of Masol. He was a regular on till Death, ninety plus episodes of a show called Scorpion. Like, this guy's working all the time. He's a voice on American Dad. He's done like one hundred and ninety episodes of American Dad or something like that. So Eddie K Thomas is working. So he's like, my place is kind of a mess, and they're like, we've seen worse. They kind of elbow their way in and he's like, oh yeah, Jill, did you know he drives she drives a cupcake truck, and he's kind of laughing, and I'm like, I want to be clear. I'm not laughing that she drives a cop cupcake truck. I'm laughing that she took one to a date in Manhattan, that's all. And he says after the bar, they came back to his place and had sex, but it was consensual. And he's like, I always ask these days, implying that like four years ago, he never asked. You know, like four years ago, I just did whatever, But nowadays I'm asking. Okay, So we already are getting a weird Incelli vibe from him.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: He mentions walking to her to the truck, and Finn says, yeah, we know, we saw it. And Luke's like, oh, I guess we're living in a police state. But I guess it's good. You know.
Speaker 4: It's like he makes cops.
Speaker 1: You can tell what he would talk about with his friends, about treating women and stuff. So they ask about the app and about how he goes, yeah, actually, Jill wrote me something weird and they're like, yeah, was it?
Speaker 4: What did you do to me?
Speaker 1: And he's like, come on, guys. He keeps calling the cops guys. He does this multiple times, like he's trying to like befriend the cops. And he's like, I support all the me too stuff. I'm one of the nice guys. And he says it in a way that implies he is absolutely not one of the nice ones and does not support that quote unk quote stuff. And then he starts saying, you know, the pendulum swings way too far. These women come up with ideas and they just blame anybody for anything. It's like, you're not anybody. She didn't point a finger at a random stranger. She's pointing a finger at someone she just went on a date with the night before, Like, this is absolutely not crazy. And his dog is barking and he's like, look, I got to take my dog out for a walk, and fing goes and then get your two beers and Luke's like, no disrespect, but can I ask you guys to leave? And then they leave and Kat goes seem like a nice guy to you, and Finn goes for a rapist, so they're onto this guy. Jill is now in Live's office watching footage of the walk to the truck with the good night kiss.
Speaker 4: She doesn't remember any of it.
Speaker 1: They tell her that he's saying the sex at his apartment was consensual, and she's like, I was in his apartment, Like she's not even chucked about the sec that there was intercourse.
Speaker 4: She's like, I don't even remember being there. More bad news.
Speaker 1: The top screen came back negative and they're like, you know, so it's possible that it had cleared your system, or that you were dosed for something outside of these three hundred drugs that we test for. Finn's like, listen, people design drugs that are not testable, Like the labs can't keep up. She goes, you mean drugs that turn women into zombies, and Live goes, Yeah, a lot of times victims can walk and talk, but they don't know where they are or what's happening. And this is like an episode we covered called Smut where a guy did this where he was drugging women with scopolamine, which is honestly an anti nausea medication, but in a certain dose can have you you can like we talked about it and are thing like people can use it to take people to ATMs and they take out all the cash on their account and give it to them like they act, they can function, they can even speak a little bit, but they're basically walking zombies. So liv is like, we believe you. Everything that you told us about the way you felt at that moment, and what happened is evidence. And Jill's like, well what about a conviction and lives like you leave that to us. So now Careesi shows up at the Prince pre saying t runs into Jill and she's like, well, my life is terrible. Talk screen came back negative and I have a DUI and my truck is impounded. And Creasy's like, I'll get that dui kicked down the road for you until we figure out what's happening, like with your assault case. And so then he goes into the squad room and he's like, give me the Luke Mitchell information, like he wants to help Jill. Luke Mitchell has no record, but this was well planned. He has probably done this before. He's a risk analyst in midtown. Never married. Kat goes borin ass Facebook, which I love, like I love. She's just like that Facebook is giving nothing, and Finn goes he's a loser, no wonder. He needed an app to get a date, which is shady because plenty of people are married to people they meet on apps, and Rollins is like, not everyone can be as magnetic as you. And then Kat defends the apps. She goes, it's the fastest way to meet people. But I've gone out on a lot of dates where people are nothing like they are in their profiles.
Speaker 4: So Cat's out there getting catfished.
Speaker 1: Live wants a warrant for Luke's apartment, but Cariese's like, well, the talk screen is negative. I can't do it warrant if I have nothing for them to actually search for that specific Then dundun Rollin gets a lead. She finds a same mo in ycap. Four months ago, Rebecca Larson said she was drugged and raped by someone named Luke from a True Heart app. It's like, dude, there's twelve apps. Get on a different app. Stop like you're trying to get away with it. I'm not trying to tell people how to get away with shiit. But Jesus Brooklyn SVU caught the case. They closed it for insufficient evidence, but you know, Benson is ready to put it.
Speaker 2: Also is like the people in charge, they're not going to do anything. I mean, that's a big problem, like I think you can probably do fucked up shit.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 2: It's kind of how if you write men are trash, she'll get in trouble. But you can write like die you dumbhore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: It's like the people in charge of being on top of it are also in cel tech doors.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like, ugh, yeah, we're not going to take this guy off our platform because he's just out there trying to get chicks. You know, he didn't do anything. It's me too, gone amuck. Anyway, they're talking out to Rebecca and bless her. She lives in a beautiful, huge apartment in Brooklyn. Okay, she says the Brooklyn s View detectives stopped returning her calls after her talk screen turned up negative. This is how you know our squad is different, Okay, because that's probably more along the lines of what happens in real life, Like your talks ring comes up negative, they're like, okay, fake or bye. So they tell her she might have been drugged with something like they told Jill that doesn't have that there's no test for. And Rebecca's like, but I was careful, like I ordered beer in a bottle. How could that happen? Which is a good that's point, yeah, yeah, And she had one beer. They asked her about the date and she goes, well, he wasn't hot, but he seemed fine. What to read? Wow, Like you seemed okay but not hot. They went to a place called Pinky six. She only had one beer, got woozy. Then big gap in her memory and only tiny flashes. And in the tiny flashes, she's like, I'm awake, but I can't open my eyes. I feel limp, I can't move. I knew I was on my bed naked, I knew someone was on top of me. My whole body's shaking. And then my eyes pop open, and then she go, they go, do you remember what you saw? And then it's a hard cut to a lineup with Rebecca trying to pick the guy out of a lineup and it's all mid white guys in weezer glasses, like it's so many of the same white hipster guy like or wanna be hipster guy? You know, Like she identifies Luke, she thinks, but she's like, can you ask him to come closer and put his chin up? Meanwhile, of course, at the exact time this is going on, Jill is at the precinct to fill out forms, like, yeah, whoever is in charge of the schedule at SV he really needs.
Speaker 4: A talking to.
Speaker 1: You guys need an office admin, Like you really need someone running the schedule because you have way too many victims there at the same time so that they can fuck up their identifications. Also, the purp is there, like he's there, like he's there for the lineup, Like, so, why would you risk her running into her abuser anyway? Of course that's what's happening, because it's a TV show backed and and Jill is clocking and she's like is he in there?
Speaker 4: Is someone ideing him? Like she knows what's up.
Speaker 1: Back to Rebecca, once she sees Luke with his chin in the air, she starts freaking out and she's like that's him, that's him, I know for sure, and Live has a calmer down. She's like having a full bodily reaction and she runs out of the room. Of course, Jill sees her, runs up to her and is like did he rape you too?
Speaker 4: Did he drug you?
Speaker 1: And they have to like keep them apart and say like stop talking to each other. You could blow the whole case and then they separate them. But Rebecca tells Live like those other s, few detectives in Brooklyn did not believe me, and I even doubted myself what happened. But now that I've seen Jill, I know I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one.
Speaker 4: This happened too.
Speaker 1: So it is good in a way that like they saw each other. But it's like, let's not give his lawyer a reason to throw out the ideas. So now we have Luke in interrogation and he admits that he all that he also went on a date with Rebecca, same actual situation like drinks then sex. But Live is like, okay, but they both said they felt incapacitated and that you raped them like one accuser, okay, two accusers. It's starting to look bad for you, bro, And he's like, this is what I was talking about. It's open season on men. This girl is piling on. What are you talking about? Finn's like, oh, like, so why did you on match? Like he goes why ghost them? But it's like, why did you unmatch with both girls that have accused you of assault? And he's like, oh, is not calling girls back a crime? Ugh?
Speaker 2: And it's and they're like, no, but drugging and rape is. And he stands by. He keeps saying, like, we are like getting to know you. We see like we know no one wants to go on dates with the orphan. Yeah, like you're acting like a fucking creep, Like, yeah, it's not an open season, but we could tell that you're not.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't be crushing it, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're weird with his personality because the thing is like he's not an unattractive man.
Speaker 4: He's not. Oh you're weird.
Speaker 1: You know, you're like you're the little things you say, you're weird, Like you count money out loud on the counter.
Speaker 4: What's up with you?
Speaker 1: So they go, no, calling girls back's not a crime, but drugging and rape is. And he really stands by that he did not drug anyone, and like, if you search my apartment, you're not gonna find drugs. Then there's like a long pause, okay, and they're just like looking at him, and he's just looking at them, and he's like, okay. Uh. He admits he takes girls to bars that pour strong drinks. He's like, it just makes it easier for them to relax. Because the dating world is brutal, and I'm like, it's really, I don't think it has to be that brutal if you're just a fucking normal guy that like asks women questions about themselves and doesn't act like and acts like women are people, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you're not like just entitled to sex day one, you know what I mean? Yeah, like that's your goal is exactly just the fuck, So find someone else who also wants that, Like, stop drugging people. Yeah, there's people with problems that would choose you.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a lid for every pot usually, but just I don't think there's a lid for all you fucking in cell rapee guys. But anyway, So now they're at Pinky six, which is the bar where Luke took Rebecca, and the hostess like, it's.
Speaker 4: A dumb name.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't want to know why that's what that is. But the hostess she's an ally Okay, she doesn't recognize the guy from the photo, and they're like, have you heard of anybody claiming to be drugged at this bar? And she's like no, but I get it. She's like, when I'm on the bar, I keep an eye out, like she's obviously looking for pers but she's a hostess, so she's like, I'm in front of house most of the time. So they ask who else was bartending and then she goes, oh, four months ago on a Friday, let me just grab my iPad and like, you know, thank god for like technology. And she looks at the schedule and she goes, oh, we were down two of our regulars, so we called in a freelancer. And cat's like a freelance bartender and we've heard this, We've heard this word before. And the hostess goes, there's an app for that, and I couldn't remember what that was. And Apple did trademark that phrase, so that is a trademark phrase. Wait, anyway, trademark name, there's an app for that. The phrase there's an app for that is trademarked by Apple, oh, because they allegedly they used it in like a two thousand.
Speaker 4: And nine promo campaign for the iPhone.
Speaker 1: Wow. So yeah, So she shows them a photo and profile from like freelance bartender the app, you know, freelance barman or whatever, and photo and profile and his name is Ash Gordon and it's the same guy that served Jill on her date with Luke.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's the guy who told Finn that he was a freelancer. Okay. I actually have a friend whose name.
Speaker 1: Is Ashley Gordon who goes by ash Gordon on her Instagram, and I did want to point out that she wrote Drag the musical, which everybody in New Yorkshire go see.
Speaker 4: It's Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's off Broadway at New World Stages, which is a great place to see stuff. I saw Avenue Q and Rock of Ages there, so go see Dragon musical. This is unpaid.
Speaker 4: She's just my friend and she's great and.
Speaker 1: She's the one that brought me in to write on like Nina West's album, like when she did a kid's album, you know, like she does a lot of writing for a Drive queens and their songs and stuff. Okay, so now Kat and Rollins are talking to this dude, ash Gordon and confronting him about like they're like, oh, remember when you lied to us about not knowing Luke And he's like, well, I maybe didn't remember him because I serve one hundred people a night. They're all just drink orders to me. And yeah, he's a good actor. Because this guy's immediately like he immediately before gave me kind of like the creeps, but he's even slimier now.
Speaker 4: The actor's name is Daniel London.
Speaker 1: He has been in one to two episodes of a lot of programs, like he's got up an extensive IMDb, but I don't recognize him really from anything specific.
Speaker 4: Kat's like Luke Mitchell.
Speaker 1: He called you six times in the last six months, and he goes, I give out my number to a lot of customers.
Speaker 4: I have a following. People want to drink where I'm pouring.
Speaker 1: Is that even a thing if it's not your friend who's a bartender who bartends at different places? Are people following different bartenders around to bars in New York?
Speaker 4: Well, you know you like the movie The Menu.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's like culinary people for bartending, right, yeah, yeah, I don't think this guy's doing that, though, I don't think this.
Speaker 4: Guy's best of the best.
Speaker 1: But I'll say you usually just like work at a bar, like no one's like chasing the poor, right right, Like I can calmly drink whiskey that comes out of this guy's bottle, you know what I mean? Like I don't that's not a thing, but let's see.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Rollins is like, okay, dude, but the last two girls you poured for with Luke ended up drugged and sexually assaulted. And this guy's like, and like, what does that have to do with me? Like not being helpful, Like the in cell vibes are popping, well, not even an acting of like oh no, yeah, it doesn't care. Doesn't care, like that's what I mean. Like immediately, it's like this is a man that does not see women as people at all. He's like, look, I'm not stingy with the booze, and these women have no problem letting guys buy them drinks all night. And then he goes if they can't hold their liquor, that's on them. So we're already getting the vibe that this guy is a misogynist, Like you know, he wars heavy drinks to help his bros out, and the women need to if they're going to get their shit paid for, they need to hold their alcohol. That's his logic, I guess. So Rollin starts her usual bullshit. She's like, oh, this guy's not going to go with bad cop, I've got to go with flirt cop. So she immediately goes, maybe you're right, why don't you come down and party with us at the precinct downtown And he's like, seze right through it. He goes, do people fall for that? And it's like they do, sir, she's very hot. They do. Many people fall for it. He knows his rights, and he says, technically, I don't need to be talking to you at all. He's like, why don't get the hell out of here because I need this space at the bar for customers. So this guy, you know, he knows his law. Corisy Live and Rollins are at the coffee cart on the street. Now Luke spent the night in holding and Live explains that they think he has an accomplice, this Ash guy. Neither woman drank that much, but they both ended up barely conscious. And it turns out that also Ash Gordon has no criminal record, but was a chemistry major in college and he got kicked out for conducting unauthorized recreational drug trials in the lab.
Speaker 4: Wow. Wow, it's like how quick do they.
Speaker 1: Go through everything? Like they they find out who Ash Gordon is, they check his record, then they go to what like where he's front. They call the college immediately and like you heard of this guy? They're like, oh him, recreational drug trials guy, we know him, you know. They find out all this information very quickly. I love detective work. But Caresee's like, okay, but like, what's in it for the bartender if there's no motive and there's no evidence, Like, how am I going to get a subpoena? And live goes, just tell the judges your cop instincts and he goes, I'm an Ada now, and then he's like then he goes and gets his egg sandwich from the coffee card.
Speaker 4: He comes back, he goes, never, I'll try to push.
Speaker 1: It through, like he's just still gonna like he obviously it took like a zero pushing for him to be like all right. So now he's They're at Luke Luke's arraignment and Careese's asking for fifty thousand dollars bail. The lawyer wants ro r. He has a steady job, no record. This is Morning After Regret, and he has a female lawyer, which pisses me off. He has that woman that kind of reminds me of Edie Falco as the lawyer and the judge splits the difference and sets it at twenty five k. Jill is there in court and they're like, you didn't have to come here, and she's like, I'm just trying to piece together what happened. I thought maybe if I saw him or heard his voice it would help. And then Corisi tells her, look, it's gonna take some time, like from I used to be a detective, like these things can be you know, take some time, and then she goes, Unfortunately, we didn't really find anything in his apartment, so we think he might have an accomplice, and immediately Jill goes the bartender and he's like, what do you know about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like why do you say that? She goes.
Speaker 1: They seem to know each other. They were laughing together when I walked in, and they knew each other's names, and Carisee's like, you may have just gotten me probable cause. So now we cut to this bartender's apartment and he's like, i'd offer you a beer, but I don't know what the etiquette is for someone illegally searching your apartment, and Finn's like, we actually have a warrant, so it's legal to shut the fuck up, and he has kind of a nice place for a bartender who can't hold a steady gig and is like a free land spartender. And I guess he likes Sunday in the park with George. It's decorated in a wild way. He goes, all you're gonna find is toothpaste, mouthwash, and vitamins. I believe in clean living. It's like, you're a bartender, what.
Speaker 4: Okay? And then as soon as.
Speaker 1: He says I believe in clean living, Cat shows up and goes found percocet and he's like, that's prescription from dental work. And then a tech calls Cat and Thin over and goes check this out. They find this computer. They find his computer with a file labeled Luke and there's all these files in them. The guy can't open them. They're encrypted, but like he's like, it'll take time. And then Ash goes, sorry, guys, huff and puff all you want, but that's not happening, Like so now he's just taunting the cops. And the files match the dates of the two rapes, and there are four other folders in there with different guys' names, with five to six files in each. So Finn's like we could be looking at twenty five more rapes. So this is bad. So in Live's office, Kat is reporting to Live that nothing was found at his place drug wise, just I drops antihistamines percocet, and Lives like, but he could have used that stuff to make this and they're like, yes, but any good lawyer will explain him having those are household things, you know. But that's probably the point of how this guy's making shit is he's using non detectable shit that everybody has, you know. Yeah, So Live points out if he's buying drugs from anybody, like the percocet, he's using cash or crypto. What about the files and they're like bad news. He's they're triple ENCRYPTID, only he has the password and the app. We can't go to the app, as we've already found out in this episode, the apps don't help you. But even so, they're designed so that even the company cannot access the file. So there's twenty six other files in there. How do we find these victims? And you know, Liv knows what to do to get victims to come forward. She's like, we get them to find us, cut to her in her fancy tie outfit, her fit like her tie uniform outfit, doing a press conference right in the precinct. We got the cameras in there. She did a costume change, and we're rolling. Okay, we see a woman at a nail salon getting a pedicure and watching the report looking shook, like she's watching liv talk about this man. His name is Luke.
Speaker 4: He's on the app True Heart, like this is what happens.
Speaker 1: Then there's another woman in a cab watching it on Taxi Cab TV, same thing, and then a third older woman is watching it at her house and we're seeing them all kind of react to this press conference, and Live is just urging any victims to come forward. They're like, how long do you think it's going to take? Phones start ringing immediately, like there's victims out there and they're all watching the evening news on landline television or whatever. They're watching it on antenna television. So the phones immediately start ringing and the tips are coming in. So now the girl in the taxi is talking to Finn with the same story. Couple of drinks at a bar, suddenly coming too on her bed naked, she can't sit up her body isn't working. Pedicure Girl's story. She's telling Kat how she was scared and embarrassed. She just needed to get out of there. They're going back and forth between the two of them. Taxi girls said, I messaged him asking what did we do the night before? And she even threw in some emojis to keep it light, and Pedicure girl goes, he said, we hit it off like rock stars. That's not how I remember it. Then this is what's fucked. Taxi girl says, I reported him to True Heart five times.
Speaker 4: They never got back to me.
Speaker 1: And then the pedicure girl goes, I didn't even know I could call the police because I didn't remember anything. Taxi girl says, I only had a sense that something bad had happened, and so I've just been trying to forget it. But then obviously seeing Lives press conference, like she's like, this must be what happened to me. So now they're talking to the older woman and she says, I'm not a victim, but I think my daughter Piper may have been. She had a stroke the night she was raped. The mom is like, whoever heard of a twenty eight year old girl having a stroke. I mean, it does happen, but it is, you know, it's not as common. And she hasn't been the same since. She's afraid to sleep. I have to sleep with her all night. She doesn't fall asleep till the sun comes up. Like it's bad. Now they're talking to Piper. She says the night that night that she got home, something felt wrong. She called her mom, She went to the er. They started a rape kit. Ten minutes into the rape kit, her ears started ringing. She had a stroke, followed by seizures. The doctor said that drugs could have triggered the stroke. They didn't go to the police because she didn't remember anything. This was three months earlier. And she goes, my life ended three months ago. And her mom's like, no, honey, and she's like, mom, it did.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 1: And Piper is played by Madison Ferris, who played Laura Wingfield in The Glass Menagerie. And she has something called face show scalpulo humoraled muscular dystrophy and was the first wheelchair user to play a lead on Broadway, which I thought was a cool milestone person to call out that Madison was the first person to do that. So now live in Careesy are with Luke and his lawyer in the Brick interrogation room, breaking the news to them that hey, what's up, buddy, there are few more women that have come forward with an identical m O. And that is, by the way, just like that is they have. These two women have come that we're talking to. Are all three women are from the Luke file. Okay, So also Piper who had a stroke that night and is paralyzed and has braid damage. Guess what, bro if she dies, that's felony murder. And he's like, no way, I put her in a cab. She was walking and talking like she was fine when I left her. And they're like, yeah, all your victims were. That's how drug facilitated rape works. And she's and he's like I still. He's like still, like I didn't drug anyone. I didn't drug anyone. And they're like, okay, well, let's talk about Ash, like we know you two have been in touch since your arrest. So Luke spills. He's like, okay, here's what's up. Before a date, I would call Ash and let him know that I was coming in. And then they're like and then he would drug them and he goes I guess and Greasy's like, not good enough, buddy, and Luke's like, all he told me is that he would give them something, something so that they would be compliant is the word he used, which is great.
Speaker 4: I don't want compliant to be used in dating at all, Yes, at all.
Speaker 1: Like Luke, you're discussed, I wrote, okay, dude, but something is still fucked in your head that you want to have sex with women who are lying there like zombies, barely conscious, like that you want compliant women. You are equally fucked up as the man who mixes the drugs. So they act because he keeps going. But I didn't drug them, And it's like, but you are looking for that, are you not? Like you're looking for a drugged woman. So they ask Luke, like what's in it for Ash, Like why is he doing this? And Luke's like, the guy's a mad scientist. He wants me to video. He all of the dates and sent them to him and then he says he calls them his clinical trials. And they're like, okay, well you got to give us your video copies. He goes, I don't keep copies. That would be a violation of the girls privacy. Like, what the fuck, dude, Like your moral compass is truly smashed on the bottom of a river, Like, what the fuck? What about Piper's cocktails? Say anything about that specifically? And Luke goes, well, we talked about how the date before her it had worn off too soon, and they're talking about Rebecca and he said, well, that probably shouldn't happen again, so he must have cooked something up. I don't know, and Lives like, well, guess what, bitch, you're gonna find out. So now they're going to do the little the little you gotta go wear a wine. Yeah, we're gonna dangle you game.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So now Luke is pacing on a city sidewalk while the squad watches from Afar Kat's basically saying what I was saying just a minute ago.
Speaker 4: She goes, why do these dudes want to drug women?
Speaker 1: So they just lay there and Lives like she points it out, the same thing with every criminal we ever see on the show.
Speaker 4: It's about control.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, they tell themselves it's consensual and since the women just lay there, you know, and Finn goes yeah, and they can't get it any other way, and this way They don't have to talk or buy dinner. They just get what they came for, which is gross way of putting it, but absolutely true. You know, like, oh, I don't want to like wine and dine some woman who's gonna reject me when I can just knock her out and have sex with her lifeless body.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I assault her lifelife's body. It's certainly not sex.
Speaker 1: Ash comes out and starts yelling at Luke about how your face is everywhere. Man, why are you here? You screwed up? And Luke is begging for help, like please, you gotta help me. Ash is like, I can't be talking to you. Luke's like, my lawyer says they might charge me for murder over Piper, and Ash is like, I don't really know names, and that's like you named, you have files of all of them. And then Luke's like, Luke goes three months ago and he goes, oh, yeah, January twentieth, like he knew the exact fucking date and who Piper was, long blonde hair, like just from the three months ago remark. So he is sick. Luke is like, just tell me what you put in it so I can tell the doctors like, I'll say it was me. Was it like roofies or something? And Ash is so insulted he goes, rufies, you think I went to date rape depot and grabbed a box or roofees. My work is artisanal. I tailor make every batch so that they're not too lively and not too zombie.
Speaker 4: Like this is fucked up.
Speaker 1: He starts shoving Luke and going this doesn't happen with the other guys, like you're the one that got caught, and then the cops show up and he's like and they start arresting Ash.
Speaker 4: He goes, Luke, you stupid moron, and he punches him right.
Speaker 1: In the face, which is satisfying, and then Live cuffs him and Ash is still like, you guys don't have anything.
Speaker 4: It's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: And then in interrogation with his lawyer, they're just playing back the tape, like the artisanal comment the batch about not being too zombie, not too like, and Ash's lawyer is like, he's just bragging you got nothing, you have no evidence, and they're like, we have Luke's testimony and five women who id that him as the bartender who served them, plus Piper's talk screen came up positive for percocet. She was the only one that went immediately to the er and got a talk screen. And that's what we found at your place. And when a jury SE's like, he's like, that's prescription. And they're like when a jury sees Piper on a stand in her wheelchair slurring her words, and he's like, that's tough. But I didn't do anything to her. I was just leveling the playing field, and lives like, oh, do tell? And here comes another in cell manifesto on this show sees He's like, I see guys sweaty and desperate every night getting rolled by women. I told Luke, if you're gonna pick up the check, at least get something for it. And Live says, oh, and same with all your other clients, and he goes, they're not my clients. They don't pay me. It's like, dude, you're like a moron. You could be making money off of this too, but you're that psycho that you just want it for the fun of it. Like he's like, they don't pay me, They're just guys trying to get over And just like them, you need me more than I need you. I didn't rape them and if that's what you want to call it, and I but I do know who did and it's like yeah, and you have the encrypted video files to prove it. So they've got to like work with this guy if they want to get the other guys on this fucking computer. At the squad, they're hauling the guys in. They've got four more rapists, each one more beta than the next. They say, lives like lives like yeah. Ash gets off watching these women get raped after he drugged them, and Rollins goes The scary part is that he did not have trouble finding five guys who were into this.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, that's not hard to believe at all.
Speaker 1: They just found a telegram chat with seventy thousand men in it, and they're all talking about raping the women in their lives, their girlfriends, their wives, their mothers, their sisters, and they're sharing tips and tricks. Seventy thousand people are in this chat, So I don't find it art to believe that he found five guys in Manhattan he could help out, you know, like not surprising. And I will share a link to the article about this telegram chat in our show notes for this episode, but one unless you already talked about it. But on finding the victims, Rollin says, unless these guys talk, we'll never be able to find all of them, and Live says, Okay, well let's notify the ones we can. And I'm sorry, Like what isn't this guy giving up the whole video password as part of the deal, Like how are the other rapists coming in without evidence, which I'm assuming is in the videos? Like and they can track the girls down from the videos, Like I don't really get why they're like, we will never find all the victims. Like if you find these guys and you find out who they were matching with on these apps, you will So I don't know. But we see Kat breaking the news to the girl, the pedicure girl, Rollins goes to Rebecca, Finnn tells the girl from the taxi. They're all obviously extremely relieved and emotional that Luke is going to jail.
Speaker 4: Ash has been busted too.
Speaker 1: Then Cariese's talking to Jill and she's like, I honestly don't know how I'll trust anyone ever again. Like it's sad. It's like this has like completely like changed her life in not for the better. Liv and Rolins are now talking to Piper and they're telling her that Luke will do ten years, Ash will do two two because he cooperated and gave up other rapists and we can't prove that what he used were even controlled substances.
Speaker 4: But still the possession of.
Speaker 1: The tapes feels like it's and he should get years for every count of that, plus the facilitation of rape.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like they could have.
Speaker 1: Gotten him higher than two, but like I guess he gave them four rapists, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: They had to make a deal with the fucking devil.
Speaker 1: But Live has to explain again how criminals are ahead of the game with the drugs.
Speaker 4: The law can't keep up, like.
Speaker 1: You know, like they're using, how they're using household stuff, like we there's like we can't figure out like exactly what he used. And Piper's like, well, I want to get strong enough to make a statement at sentencing. They thought of me as a thing to experiment on, but I want them to know that I'm a human being and I matter and lives, like you're going to do that and we're going to be by your side every step of the way. And it's such a tough episode. But that's dick wolf baby, I mean it is. It's a dark one. I like, this is a more recent season, so I like kind of forgot about I knew about. I remember the facilitated I mean it, and I was like when you were talking, yeah, you know what I mean like that, Yeah it's new to us. Yeah, Like I remember, I was like, oh, yeah, this is the one where the bartender helps. But I like forgot about the girl who had the seizure, and like her life is fully she's paralyzed now, like you ruined her life, you know, like because you just gave her fucking whatever your little concoction of drugs is. But let's get into this true crimes that you did your research on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the first one is in Seattle. We don't really do Seattle stuff very often.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 2: This guy's name is Ian Jurgensen. And so we're in Seattle. We're at a popular EDM venue. Okay, and basically the police there with Homeland Security ran a five month undercover sting at a nightclub called Foundation. And if people are from Seattle, it's on Western Ave. So if that means anything to anybody, Okay, so they started the investigation in March twenty eighteen because there was a lot of reports of drug trafficking inside the club, as well as concerns about a bunch of overdoses and then sexuals in the area. And this was really tough because it's from Seattle Cops official reports and cops lie, but that's those are the sources.
Speaker 4: So this is from the official report as well.
Speaker 2: Several in house drug dealers were allowed to buy pass club security and sell inside the venue, and that management was aware of the drug dealing. And then one dealer was bragging about his relationship with the club owner and was explaining like how much DGHB to used to dose swim and depending on their weight and stuff. So they were like selling GHB and then like helping people dose out the GHB. Oh yeah, And so they got raided. They got granted a warrant to raid on Wednesday, August eighth of twenty eighteen, and basically they seized a lot, but I don't actually know, eight hundred and twenty nine grams of cocaine, one thousand grams of MDMA, four hundred xccpills, eight hundred xanax, one hundred and ninety grams of ketamine, thirteen grams of DMT, and one hundred and seventy six grams of GHB, twelve hundred MALLI capsules, and then an additional prescription drugs, two handguns, and more than sixty grand in cash.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: When I started, I said, it's a lot, but then I went, oh, I don't actually know if it's that much.
Speaker 4: After reading the list, Yeah, it seems like a lot. It seems like a lot. I was like, I don't really know what grams are.
Speaker 1: I don't know grams really, but like just the amount of pills, like it seems like yeah, but yeah, like all the other drugs I'm kind of fine with, like party drugs, but yeah, selling the date rape drug definitely takes it on another level and like telling, you know, giving instructions on how to rape, Like for sure, sell some molly at the club, but what are you doing? But also I do feel kind of with the episode where the charges need to be more like there needs to be facilitating to rape charge or like attempt to to rate, like there's there must be something. But basically this guy Ian was quickly found what to be the part, Well don't but but don't. Don't like some people use g as a party drug as well. Yeah, but they're not drinking, got it? Got a drink?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if you're putting in someone's drink, you're trying to Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So even this owner was found, you know, to be the primary source, he quickly blamed it on a few bad apples.
Speaker 4: Lol, that doesn't work. And so many all these.
Speaker 1: Bad apples are really adding up, right, there's so bad apples everywhere, it seems like only it's like there's a lot of bad apples.
Speaker 2: And but you know, he's like, I just love the nightlife and music culture and shut up. You get two accomplices, Michael law Olmos said, and Christopher Jean Cheret char Charrette, and they I'm like thinking about Lacey's Shabert Shabert from me girls when I'm trying to pronounce this name. They were also charged, these two guys with conspiracy and unlawful use of a building for drug purposes. The Glove The club, of course, ended up having its liquor license revoked by the Washington State Liquor License and then the club.
Speaker 1: Is now closed spoiler alert rip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Washington State Liquor and Licensed Suspension Bureau or whatever released the press release that said that the management provided employee uniforms to the dealers so they can blend in and run the VIP and sell drugs. Ian was charged with supplying large amounts of drugs to dealers. Sixteen people along with him were arrested and charged with like drugs, weapons conspiracy charges. He pled not guilty to conspiracy charges in connection with the Joint Drug investigation on January twenty fourth, twenty nineteen. These local cases were hard to find info on because it's all like charges, arrested, raids, fun, but like I couldn't find court or conviction information. I did find one Ian Jorgensen that's fifty years old living in Seattle, so it might be him, I'm sure, but I didn't want to pay the monthly fee to be able to find more information about this man. And yeah, it's like all these cops just bragging about the raid.
Speaker 4: But how how did the court? Okay, yeah, what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, like I wasn't able to find where he served, if he got convicted, anything, court transcripts, like I could not find anything and all the papers, Like I truly had to cite edm websites like night life sites.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 2: So able to find anything, and that happens. That's like the sensationalization of this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the raid.
Speaker 2: Happened, We got everything. I look at all the drugs and it's like okay, and then did you make a deal? Did these serve time? Did what happened?
Speaker 1: You? Did the women get sult Yeah? So very frustrating. And then the next one too, it was like the Guardian and Daily Mail and like hello, like I couldn't find info really so this this is going to be a more shorter episodes on the Crime Front guy.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but you know we have hundreds of episodes. Get with it.
Speaker 2: So this name is Millie Loftus and we're in the UK again. Twenty eighteen. Loftus was twenty two. She started to feel ill on a train ride home after a night out in Bath, so she started convulsing. She couldn't stop vomiting as well. She lost control of her speech, hands, legs and body. On the way home to Swindon, that's where she lived. British Transport Police helped her and made sure she got into an ambulance. Her drink had been spiked, and she was rushed to the hospital, where her mother, Kelly, believed that she was having a stroke due to being drugged with liquid ecstasy. Miley said she had two drinks and after she ordered a third. That's when she doesn't like remember anything. She doesn't remember paying for it or being given anything, and like she had no control over her body. It took thirteen hours of an ivy drip to get rid of toxins in her body, so something was in there.
Speaker 4: And again it's just mirrors and daily mails. It's like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Week, k is this week, but an amazing episode and sorry, I don't know what to tell you, but you know, this is like.
Speaker 1: Like she probably never found out who did that to her, and like, you know, so, yeah, I wish I had more.
Speaker 2: I hope she's doing okay. That's obviously scary. Anything happening in public, like that's scary. And even like I bit we chocolate from a friend and then it ended up being mushrooms and so it was fine and I trusted my friend, but like feeling like shit and out of sorts and I still knew kind of what was happening, but not was scary and annoying enough, like I can't even imagine, Yeah, I just I can't imagine having to deal.
Speaker 1: With this, like yeah, losing control of your body, like that's oh my god, so terrifying, so terrifying.
Speaker 4: Oh I hope that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got to be careful. I mean, I think I'm doing drugs this weekend, but we'll see. Be careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, another we all have.
Speaker 4: To be careful and people need to stop like raping women is what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I know. Well, let's go onto our post mortem because we don't have a guest for today's episode. Wow, this episode fucking truly like truly scary this episode because this guy that does the potions to get to drug women is literally doing it out of the hatefulness in his heart towards women. Like he literally is not getting paid. Like it's so like we're always like, oh yeah, men hate women. It's like yeah, look at this like person in this episode that's just like yeah, just like feel like it's not fair guys buy these girls all this stuff and then they don't hook up with them. So I'm just gonna even the playing field, like ugh, vomitous character. Yeah, it's yeah, for the love of the game, their initial thing. It's it's all just so twisted and yeah, it's like all they talk about is wanting pure women and then also being mad that women don't give it up for a vodka soda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like, which is it.
Speaker 2: Should we like fuck because you get a soda or should they be like I and acting like you're buying these drinks from the goodness of your heart like you. It's like like you want something and it doesn't mean you're entire This isn't a business thing. It's also like, then stop. But if you say no, thank.
Speaker 1: You and you don't want someone to drink, you're a bitch too, right, Suddenly you're a bitch, Like how dare you not take this drink? Right?
Speaker 4: That's true too. It's fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't win. But but I like seeing the guy from American Pie.
Speaker 4: I did see a thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't look into it, but I guess gen Z's watching American Pie and they're not happy, and it's like, yeah, it's not for you.
Speaker 4: Get the fuck away from us.
Speaker 1: Like we were like I don't know, oh my god, yesterday I am there was like a boy in the audience in the front and I go, what are you gen Z?
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, I'm not sure, and I go older. He goes twenty two and I go, then you of course you're gens and what else would you be? Why at koy? When does alf start?
Speaker 4: Not twenty two? Yeah, Alphas are like thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're the they're the they're the current teens that are taking over Elon musks No, but they know they know it's the end.
Speaker 4: They're like, okay with it. They're like, yeah, no, the teens, the the gen Z.
Speaker 1: Watching uh the American High reminds me of when you watched uh A Devil Wars Prada with your niece and she was like, yeah, there's that consenting well my name, it's in your special. I'm acting like that's something you just told me. It's like in your special. Well, I didn't okay with herself, was like scared. She was gonna be like, how dare you but talk about me?
Speaker 2: But she actually goes, oh, I guess I'm the favorite since she didn't talk about the other kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, she gets dementia. That was like pretty funny, but okay, so this is what la bible? Do you know what this is is it lad Bible? Oh yeah, Lad, but yeah what is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think it's like a bro site.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it annoyed me because the main characters are sexist losers and don't deserve any female attention.
Speaker 4: Completely ridiculous. They only care about sex.
Speaker 1: It's bordering on insect I just like, I don't know it, just I guess it's problematic. I bet I would still like it though, Yeah, oh my god. You know what like you know, you know what people have been the most mad at about my special and the clips I'm posting online are dog trainers saying how you have to use a leash.
Speaker 4: So it's like dog trainers are fighting in my video.
Speaker 1: Like this. They're like, and then your dog's gonna get attacked by my dog.
Speaker 4: Whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The American Pie thing wasn't even interesting in any capacity. I also did restart Orange as the New Black. I don't know if I can, oh my gosh, from this go on the journey.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing the Journey, but I was just like, I really loved that and when it came out, what like and then I yeah, I put it on and it was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait, totally off topic as usual, but you're are you caught up on the New York reunions and stuff like or there was maybe there was one last night, but yeah, like the one where the one where Aaron I just think this is appropriate for our podcast. Yeah, Aaron is like, well, you didn't report it, your your sexual assault, and like, aren't you worried that he's gonna do it to other women?
Speaker 4: It was like, there was I don't think Brynn is correct in a lot of what she's done.
Speaker 1: I think she's got a lot of issues, but the way that Aaron was talking to her about her sexual assault was fucked up.
Speaker 4: Well Jenna, thank god, stood up for her.
Speaker 1: But it's also like Aaron, you're shocked and it's unfair he's gonna do it again.
Speaker 4: You donated to Trump twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you donated to stop the steal a convicted sexual abuser felon who is now the president that you probably voted for, And now you don't understand how men continue to abuse and women get punished for coming forward.
Speaker 4: You're a fucking moron.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So there's something sinister about her, And I hate to say that about a woman, a pregnant woman, but like she yeah, there's something sinister. Well, it's the pranks of it all. It's the Ellen Degeneress, it's the George Clooney. People that are known for pranks are bad people. Wait, fucking Blake and Justin Baldoni?
Speaker 4: Like what the fuck? What is happening?
Speaker 1: And I wonder if Taylor is not going to be friends with them anymore? Like I wonder I heard. I mean, the internet is saying that Taylor's going arm's length. I know, but that's like, you know, like that's the internet. Close doors are not like what where is their friendship stand? And like Blake isn't I don't know. It's like tough, it's tough to seal. But my thing is, who was just I've never heard of Justin Baldoni? So I don't understand why people I don't want to know about it. I could have lived my whole life never knowing about this man, and That's what I'm mad about. But also, oh, Brian weaponizing her assault is so fucked up, just so fucking laying into her.
Speaker 4: Thank God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jessel's standing on, but like, how dare you do that? Brendo a family? Can you imagine having to watch that with your husband, and it came up out of nowhere when she was just like, oh, you know, Jessel's love of her life is a different guy. Just for context everybody. She just like brought it up out of nowhere on television and.
Speaker 4: It wasn't true.
Speaker 1: The conversation wasn't who's the love of your life? It was the wildest hookup you've ever had? Yeah, Yeah, and then she just went and lied. She's like she has problems. Yeah, she has problems. I think she's out of there. If they even keep that franchise, she's out of there. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm wrong. I also can't wait for Summer House, I know. You know, I'm I'm more of a I'm more of an osmosis Summer House person, I know. But it's like the Lindsay being pregnant in the House Page, like Craig and Page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm.
Speaker 2: Excited about all that, but also like sexism is crazy. Anyone that's mad at Page or that she lost a prize. Like my big thing that I keep saying is Page could fuck Barack Obama.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Page is one of the like perfect specimens on this planet. Like I'm Paige just stated my cousin, so page can do better. Okay, oh my god, Hello, well all right, should we move on. Let's go into our what would sister peg?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what we learned.
Speaker 2: Don't drug women, don't take drinks, b mean de men, be rude. Violence is the answer. Kendrick Lamar twenty twenty five. Be a hater, call people out, say your shit. There's no more in betweens.
Speaker 1: Fuck anyone, Fuck any turfs, Fuck anyone that is borderline excusing or on the press, anything fascism, it's a full revolution, or they're not in your life no more. I don't care if you vote him, You're not much across the aisle. No, I don't care. I don't feel bad for you. I don't care if you're an uneducated piece of shit. You race this motherfuckers, and I hope your kids lose their schools, and I hope your family loses their jobs, and I hope there's no more social Security for you, And then I can laugh in your fucking face. I don't feel bad for any Trump voter that gets fucked over.
Speaker 4: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: But then I feel bad for the children, and I'm sorry I do. I think the children the children, the children. We don't think children deserve to have no educations, of course, but listen.
Speaker 2: But it's like what I like, and then we're gonna have empathy for these people that just want the worst.
Speaker 4: This is what I read like during the Confederacy, like the rev you.
Speaker 2: Know that war, the Civil War, that like the most people that died fighting for the South for the Confederacy were poor whites that couldn't even afford to buy an enslaved person, right, yeah, but they were willing to die for the rights for rich people to own black people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this is what we're living in and we are still living in that because we've never addressed it as a nation and it's just like and.
Speaker 4: That's what we're seeing now.
Speaker 1: And we have talked about this all the time, but it's like white people in this country would rather lose, would rather their kids not have school, their parents lose their social security, them lose you know, the ability to afford healthcare and grocery. They're willing to fucking suffer, Yeah, for black people to not have like it is and Mexicans and like any minority.
Speaker 4: It's really hundreds of years of white's willing and we're not gonna time.
Speaker 1: We're not going to we're not going to address it as a country because it's getting it's like a curriculum.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about it anymore.
Speaker 1: How funny that I argued with that dude a few weeks ago about how he thought the black dude who thought.
Speaker 4: Of Black History Month was bullshit. Oh my god, I know I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see him this week and I'm gonna be like, so, I guess your dream came true. You wanna backpedal? Are you happy about Yeah? You happy about this?
Speaker 2: But it is like the ike of the American It's basically just like, as long as a black person doesn't have it, like take my teeth, take my take anything you want, yeah, take my environment, take it all.
Speaker 4: Like, as long as they don't have it. It's just like that.
Speaker 1: The thing about the Civil War really like made it so clear for me. Yeah, they were willing to die for rich people to have slaves. Well yeah, and like I saw this thing on you know install or whatever, where you know these guys that are like just try to go call out conservatives for their hypocrisy.
Speaker 4: All these people waiting in line.
Speaker 1: It's like a protest against you know, all the illegal immigrants that are killing us and raping us all the time. They were like, he was like, how many of you have personally been impacted by illegal immigrants? Not a single person in this huge thing, not one of them. They're like, but they're ruining our country. They're like, but tell me your personal experience. Nobody you know, because these people are willing to just go to the mat for whatever. You know.
Speaker 4: Their cult leader is saying, anyway, we could do this all day. Let's move on to what was Sister peg new.
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we direct you towards a resource like a website, an organization, a blog post, an article, something to give you more information about what we talked about today. And this week we wanted to point you to an article on the RAIN website. RAIN is the rape, Abuse and Incest National network, which we've called out before, but they specifically have an article titled tips for Safer Online Dating and Dating app use because I feel like, you know, appropriate in this episode, not that these women did anything wrong in the episode, but just you know, ways to keep yourself keep yourself safe. It actually has a lot of helpful ideas for staying safe while connecting online, like avoiding sharing live or motion photos because those can include geo location information.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: It also has tips on staying safe when you meet in person, like don't rely on your date for transportation. To read all of their tips, head over to the Rain website. That link will obviously be in our stories the day this episode comes out, and then saved forever in our WWSPD highlight on our Instagram page, and we'll also of course be in the show notes.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 2: And next week we will be doing Monsters Legacy and that's from season fourteen, episode thirteen, controversial one actually, so watch it, don't watch it, but definitely tune in. We're obsessed with all of you. We are grateful to have this podcast, So yeah, thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: And sorry, but we're just like you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like we're just two girls that don't know what the fuck is happening and don't know how to stop it.
Speaker 4: And then I also then get like I'm a hip hop but I'm not doing enough.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like that's it's designed that way. It's designed to make you feel that way. Everybody take care of yourselves, fight one cause at a time, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an Exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and.
Speaker 1: To our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media dot dum