Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys, Episode two oh seven.
Speaker 2: You might be a little worried.
Speaker 1: You might be seeing this wide frame right now and not seeing my boy Will Compton. We're not supposed to start filming for another fifteen minutes, but we all get on the bus, we're sitting here. I just think to myself, why not pretend like we're starting our episode, starting our intro, and then when Will gets here, see just how he handles the adversity, See how he sits down, how he's gonna react to, Hey, these boys start without me. Does he feel some type of way of it or does he internalize it? It could go either way. How we feel boys, Do we think he's gonna make a big fuss over it, or do we think he's gonna internalize.
Speaker 3: He's for sure gonna be like, dude, we talked about starting at noon, so long if he shows up afternoon, then we're good.
Speaker 2: Our big runs. But if he shows up before noon, he's like, dude, we had a said time.
Speaker 1: I know, but if I just say, hey, we were all here, yeah, you play like it's nothing for a second.
Speaker 3: I mean, it looked like he was kind of kind of aggravated this morning on Twitter.
Speaker 1: He got after that one. He got after Buddy on Twitter.
Speaker 2: You get see.
Speaker 3: I think it was like an early morning. They roue woke up little too early. Yeah, pop up early. I had a tough day. The tough day, say Mitchie if you're not talkingally speaking to the mic.
Speaker 4: So I can't Uh was in the ilt like I saw her?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I did a video driving with Mike in the car and I got slaughtered for it. So it's like it's one of this one of those deals. Sometimes I was driving down Eighth Avenue going to get my haircut, going to get this mullet, and people were like, how about let's talk about your kid in the back of the car. Meanwhile, by the way, two weeks ago, I'm getting murdered for not having trigger discipline, which, by the way, I'm a fucking idiot for that. Like I that is truly something I had no idea about.
Speaker 2: I'm better for it now.
Speaker 1: But let's take a gander at that, Like, maybe we should all have a little more lessons on firearm safety. My right bloss Boss is a big proponent of putting more rules on getting a gun in this country. He is not a big Second Amendment guy. Is that not true?
Speaker 2: I'm a big Second Amendment gut canceled.
Speaker 1: Got him, got him voiced.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: We got what we needed. We got what we needed before uh before I know holding it, and honestly I was, I was holding a different to a low key the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of good mobility in the shoulder.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the episode with Jeffrey Starr when we went to it. We actually went to his house and we did everything. It's in bus scenes right now. You can find that. But I don't even know how much of this we're going to keep in it because this is all a ploy on how to get Will. But if he shows up in the next five minutes, great. What we were talking about before that, though, is I sent a dick pic to the boys the other day. Not like a full mass you got like the Eiffel Tower. Look, we were at the base trying to look up where you make it look real good? You all know what I'm talking about, dude. The snapchatters out there, Yeah, dude, you take that fucking thing. When you get that where has a shadow cast over it? You know, get a big light put it in the side, so that thing just look scargantuan. I stepped on the scale and it was like two seventy one, and I just took a picture but barely got the little head of my peep in it. Once I got the head of my peep in it, I took a picture of it. Send it to Will Well didn't even fucking know Uely, Oh, bro, look how much our way? He goes, Oh, I would guess two sixty five. You look so small. And then when I I lily called Will told him, hey, buddy, you do you not see my dick in that photo?
Speaker 2: He looks at it and he starts laughing.
Speaker 1: And then ten seconds later we got the phoney text you boys, what did he say?
Speaker 2: Talking to Mike bitch?
Speaker 5: He said, you, guys, how much do you think Taylor Taylor wads closest person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I said, do you guys guess a little bit. But it's by the way, Jack, you would have got that fifty bucks you said two seventy one, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that Bill is just a liar. He's all tough. It was to seventy one point.
Speaker 1: It'll come, dude, It'll come.
Speaker 2: With your per diem when we get to Vegas. This that's all I wanted. Yeah, on the credit line.
Speaker 1: You put it on the credit line, dude. For those of you I don't like. Like I said before, I don't know if this is going in the episode, but we are going to Vegas this weekend. Our merch is out there. Saint Patti's Day. If you're listening to this episode now on Thursday, spoiler alert, you're probably not gonna get it because we don't have the business day work. Things can happen. They literally put guys on bikes from New York. I guess, just to send out merchandise to all you guys.
Speaker 2: But get it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, because you're gonna have You're gonna be setting ready to go for next year. And then you got a vintage team. Now you have the new Boy, and that's great. But a year from now people be like, oh you got the new thing. Yeah, this was last year. That's how long I've been listening.
Speaker 2: To the pod.
Speaker 1: Little more notes, a little more something to think about. Three hundred thousand subscribers. Boys, that is outstanding. What a fucking deal. Well and I both gave you guys flowers via the bird, But I do want to let you know, like this seriously is because of you guys. Without you, guys subscribing, unsubscribing and resubscribing, doing the payoff forward method where you're telling two people who tell two people who tell two people, going down and down and down the road, like this bus would be nothing, dude. We have literally just a couple of voices and four absolutely talented studs in the back that are digitally putting our shit together. Other than that, we would be nothing without you guys. So thank you so much for just standing by us. Am I right, my right, boys there it is a man.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, dude. So that's what we're That's what we're fucking dealing with. Now we're gonna pause it and wait for Will to get here. I'm nervous, Yeah, I'm nervous. You know, you feel it? How long do we let him think we're doing it?
Speaker 2: Well, well, hey we'll feel that out. Yeah we'll feel that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll feel that out for sure. I'm gonna start talking about I'll start talking about Kirk Cousins once he walks in. And then as I'm talking about Kirk Cousins, you say, hey, should we do a little tear top before we hit the episode? Oh yeah, shure, we've read Yeah all right, boys, Like I said, we're gonna keep it short today. It has been a phenomenal time this seventeen minutes with you, this episode this week is Kirk Cousins. Guy is a fucking stud.
Speaker 2: Before we get there, we need to do tear talk. He's not wrong. We gotta do.
Speaker 1: Look who made it boys? Will Compton's here the episode without the boys. We said we were all here. We thought we just get it going real quick.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got we just were seventeen.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do a tier talk with the boys?
Speaker 1: What's the tiar talk? Tear Talk's gonna be a favorite albums of all time.
Speaker 2: Let me do research. I love it.
Speaker 1: For those of you that have been with us for those seventeen minutes of this podcast, you just saw Will Compton's mental fortitude. He just walked onto the bus after pulling up on time, thinking we started an episode without him, trying to prank Will Compton. Yet you fucking didn't flinch, unfazed, didn't flinch.
Speaker 6: You gotta you gotta be able to control your emotions, you and you control the hell of them. There there's a feeling in there and it's like, you know, it's whatever the boy said fun.
Speaker 2: They had fun, they did it. It's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we didn't start the episode, we would have gotten the bus. We're like, hey, boys, welcome to the episode. It's episode two o seven with Kirk Cousins. We're gonna wait and we're gonna prank Will as if we've been doing the episode for seventeen minutes.
Speaker 6: Now, you guys did a good job. The seventeen minutes is the part. The actual part. They got me because I was like, oh, this is a joke. Well, I thought I might have just started by myself. Seventeen minutes. I was like, so we're doing okay?
Speaker 2: You actually felt some type of way. Well, I'm thinking I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get a heads up because I think there was I mean, all of us really thought that he was gonna make it more of a stink about it, right, a little bit more of a stink. But with that being said, hey buddy, we're not starting to you're talking yet. We can do in the beginning of episode for those of you joining us, and saw the prank that went horribly wrong on Will there's a reason why it's.
Speaker 2: Because nor how long has it been going? What will? We covered?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: We covered nothing. You want to know? We covered nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We literally talked about ship and we talked about yeah, yeah, small dick energy, which, by the way, I do have a small one.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's not it's not strong, it's nice. Oh okay, okay, we were talking about which is all? Which is all going to go on the deleted scenes part, By the way, we are going to When you're taking a piss and you're sitting on the toilet and you pee, sometimes do you pee through the gap between the the lid and the seat or the seat and the actual toilet. You don't got a little dick? Then?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I got no, no, no, no, no, hang on, no, it's all right.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: I got a little dick, you got you got a big dick?
Speaker 6: No, oh no no, because when I when I'm peeing, like you're pushing the boy down.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, see that's kind the sometimes I let that thing just kind of rat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm not if I'm never, if I'm never like not pushing. It's because I'm rocked up and I have to tuck it under the ring.
Speaker 1: We've thought, we covered that too. We covered that too. All that will be on the back of the episode. Boys, please enjoy. But the reason why Will was not affected by these types of situations is because he's durable and reliable, just like our presenting sponsor to the Chevy Silverado. Football season is officially over, but that doesn't mean we're gonna stop rooting for our favorite team. That team is Chevy and their franchise player, the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, the Chevy has earned more New Vehicle awards than any other brand, and that is some serious hardware. Do us a favor. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Silverado as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. And for those of you want to learn more about the JD power that hardware, go to JD visit jdpower dot com slash Awards.
Speaker 6: So you were feeling some type of way it was the seventeen minutes. All I was thinking about is I couldn't get a text. That's all I was thinking yeah, I just couldn't get any heads up.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're a little still kind of wondering what's going on here?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're good. Yeah, I'm solid. You're okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm solid. Literally, like, could you guys tell I was feeling some type of way. Yeah, I mean I sat down. I do you Yeah?
Speaker 4: You internalized it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do much. That's all I was doing.
Speaker 6: I truly typed in like zz top music albums because I was like, all right, I gotta well, I just gotta think, like, all right, what are my top albums? Like I gotta get I gotta do the zoom out thing. I gotta fucking yeah, you gotta get rid of that. We'll tackle that after this episode, obviously in good vibes, Like I'm not trying to be like like bring down the vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, act badly.
Speaker 1: If we actually started this episode with I would have pouted it after we got all if we started this episode for real without will knowing seeing your body language though when you walked in it did it did have that man, fuck these guys type vibes? No that I felt like it was the what the fuck's going on? Yeah, starting the show but if we would have done your talk, you know, I mean, you're a great actor. We've seen you in the super Cuts commercial.
Speaker 6: By the end of a tear talk, I would have got it together for the acting part. Just all right, let's just let's just join in the ergal yea, yeah, there's nothing you can do joining the energy. But when the episode stopped, I would have been like, so, what's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would I would have felt the same exactly, like what's the deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero, heads up. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: Like, Jack's back there, fully uned up, He's got the fucking shades on. He's had a couple of weeks of like, you know, hey, everybody check out my episode of the recent episode, I'm bustling with the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's ready to go.
Speaker 6: Everybody's sitting around, you know, you hear a couple of less time. Man, they've really been And then it was the seventeen minutes we have the clock. When the clock was going, I was like, they really did jack effort.
Speaker 1: It was a team effort, but you pressed, you pressed start on the fucking time clock because what else working.
Speaker 6: Through in my head too, was like there's no way you can just put the clock probably on like seventeen minutes. They probably legitimately, they've probably done seventeen minutes of shop.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we all ended up sitting on here, like we all kind of just walked on the bus. We're kind of just chilling waiting, like at eleven forty five. Yeah, and we're kind of just like sitting and it was like I guess, hey, boys, we'll just hey. And I was like, hey, run the clock. We're just gonna we're gonna pull a little prank on Willie, which, by the way, it worked, shows growth.
Speaker 4: Worked.
Speaker 1: Definitely shows growth what you was a human being? No, just you ate that, you absolutely ate that.
Speaker 6: What am I supposed to do if we're really going truly like legit, if we're truly going and you guys were in it, like of course I could feel some double boy, but what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Just start creating drama on the bus? There's two there's two types. Two types of things you could have done. You could have done what you did, or you could have made a big bit about it and like literally put us all like the shame and it had been like a part of the episode. It just like just played into it, like yo, what the fuck are y'all doing? Y An'll know who runs the shit, like just start being like that. Yeah, yeah, we said twelve.
Speaker 2: I was working through it. I was working through Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were legit sitting here for a while, just hanging out, and then Loki it kind of we're just kind of talking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I came out, I had brought the hats. They look sick, but I hear you going and stuff, and I'm like, he's ripping on something like did they did he just start? Like did he like just start? And then I come and said, I'm like, hey, you started the pod And then again the seventeen minutes, like oh, these boys have been rolling.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got smiles.
Speaker 1: They're all feeling themselves out there, and then you're like you want to do tear talking Literally in my head, I'm like, yeah, man, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: What's the tear talk? Top top music albums? And I'm just thinking, like, all right, just fucking just get in, immerse yourself.
Speaker 2: Holding this anger until the crowds away.
Speaker 1: Then you can yell at your wife, go home off a party like broadcast, wait to talk about that later. Look, he'd be cold to them and not cold and for people are noticing.
Speaker 6: Then literally one day we're all hanging out, the squad's all hanging out, and then it just comes up and Charles like, oh, so that's why you were that one day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, that was fucking I was tight. I was of us.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, speaking of being tight, dude, you fucking took a dude for a little bit of a walk today. I felt, you know, it's been a it's been a while since I you know, I enjoy the old the old pantry walks to buckling in just getting a little creative with like doing something. I thought it'd been a minute and we by the way, I don't know if you've already if we've celebrated the three hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm fired up posting this thing on YouTube. I wake up this morning, I kind of see that comment. I'm thinking, the fuck is this dude talking about with this negative energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was saying something like you boys have already made millions or something like yeah, you guys have all made millions.
Speaker 6: Like let's not act like you've actually been grinding from the dirt or something like that. And it's like, that's not the fucking point dude, Montana, Missouri, Kate Creek, Arizona. Yeah, but even then, like just from a like just from the business sense. That's why I wanted to go in those little tangents and talk about it, because it's not like it's not like we just sit there, we're like, oh, you know, we just have a fuck lot of man, let's just spend ridiculously and like this stuff's gonna work. Like there's been a lot of there's been a lot of sweat equity from all the boys put into this to where that's not gonna be disrespected.
Speaker 1: Do you feel do you want to tell people how much it costs for us to start this when.
Speaker 6: You got up and going, I was alluding to it on there, probably collectively about seventy grand total seventy Yeah, upfront, the upfront cost, the upfront cost of the equipment, the legal the legal.
Speaker 2: Fees, Yeah, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: The bus, the inside the bus, sounds, tripping the bus as much as we can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because there was the element that thing was more like fifty but hey, there were there. I want to say mine was like fifty two and fifty something. In years was like twelve, But it all it all made balance.
Speaker 1: But from my shout out will by the way, from my fifty two thousand dollars, from my clothes, from my shoes.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: I never wanted you to thought because we're obviously boys, but we had obvious We had also just met, not even a year.
Speaker 2: It hadn't even been a year.
Speaker 1: At that now it probably was. Yeah, it definitely wasn't a year. It was a little over eight months probably, and you signed your like the record breaking deal. When you signed it, there was a zero part of me ever wanting you to feel like, oh, trying to you know, play into that role of like, hey we need this, we need that, you know what i mean.
Speaker 2: Playing scam.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it just seemed like seemed like a leech on them or something because you know, Taylor, like we talked, we we've alluded to podcasts before about how we would be on FaceTime and there's a lot of doubt and insecurity and fears like doing this thing, and you know, a couple of times you're like wanting to be in You're like a man, I don't know, I don't know if this is the route.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's never like I wanted to come at you like, hey, you know, yo, me twenty five grand for all this stuff put in at any point, because it's like, you know, we're just betting that thing's gonna work out.
Speaker 1: I think at one point you're like, we both got our money back in this situation that you obviously paid yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there was more legal stuff that came back around it. We made it all. Yeah, we make it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at the beginning, but at the beginning it was like, yeah, probably upfront cost sixty seventy grand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: And the thing too, for those of you who think about starting a podcast or starting anything in general, like the base original idea we had for this podcast, it's it's not that like we like being on a bus. We wanted to call out the den at one point we well yeah, but it was like the yeah because if yeah, and we were more thinking of going down like a mental aspect, like having a little humor in there, but make it a more serious podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, because when I was like, when I'm journaling it all down, I'm thinking like I'm gonna have to go about this on my own. And then fortunately when we ended up coming around and you're like, yo, I'm down and oh thank god, and then you would you joke at me about like all working title, working title, which was good because we didn't want to do anything surrounding the Boys yet because the for the Boys was such a locker room thing with Titans. We didn't want our peers from the locker room thinking we're trying to take something that we all were doing together on the Titans. When we made this for the Boys shirts in the middle of the season, after we beat Jacksonville and were we undefeated at that point, on a little streak.
Speaker 1: We went on a little streak and we yeah, we definitely have the foot Boys had the wolf on the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we were all part of us didn't want to do like, didn't want to take that and make it our own thing.
Speaker 6: Obviously we ended up going with with the Boys, but we were trying to find titles that was away from having to use for the Boys because we just kind of felt we were in our heads to bite and like we were taking advantage of something that we were doing with the locker room.
Speaker 1: And there was even like some like discomfort with the bus, Like I was all on the bus right away, you were kind of like more iffy, like hey, like, I don't know, I don't know about it. Yeah, because when we saw the bus, I literally sat up like Will said this, and I doubled down on it, like if way, I'm buying this bus, whether we use it for a podcast or not, like, yeah, two.
Speaker 2: Grand for this thing? Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because when we were when we were working with a cardboard, They're like, hey, what do you think about this bus in the back, And I was like, I'm gonna be honest, I don't want to do it at all, but we'll wait till Taylor gets here. Because I was actually your first time coming back in April, yeah, and we were about to start putting the podcast together and I was like, but I know when Taylor gets here, he's probably gonna want to do it, so let's just wait to see what he says. When he gets here, you go out back, you're falling in love with him?
Speaker 1: Oh bro?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was Henna, like, holy fuck, look at this thing. Yeah, there's a piece of gold just sitting in the back that no one was touching. And I was like, hey, look bro, I'll put in twelve grand if it works.
Speaker 2: Awesome. If it doesn't, I'll sit the thing in my backyard. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm like all right, and you're like, I think we can get this done in two We are because we were like we needed a space. It's like I get it where you're back in April, but you're gonna be doing OTAs because at that point we were just wanting to do the podcast around football, not during not.
Speaker 2: Like we're gonna do it off season.
Speaker 6: If I'm just thinking like dude, this is gonna like take a minute, like we're already we've already lost three or four months. We've been waiting on you to get here. Now you want to build out this fucking bus. That's even gonna take more time when we can start backlocking episodes. But you're like you said I think you said like ten days, twelve days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we talked about who is that what's that guy's name that did it for us, and he was like, I can get this done for you guys, and less pissed off this I know it's breaking my heart. Once we know, we'll definitely reach out because God damn, and he does like Carpendi work ed Redgwood, Houston. Great fucking dude told him. I was like, how much you think it would cost? Paying you?
Speaker 2: What's that buss? The documentary? I almost just hated because we were also we were also boys. Yeah we we are. We are bosing.
Speaker 1: He made me a chicken coop that I still have been picked up from him four years ago. Yeah, loading dot. I can't remember his name. Awesome dude. He looks like, so I think Jeff. It might be Jeff. Yeah, Jeff, let's say Jeff Jeff.
Speaker 2: So Jeff it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked to Jeff and I go up to him and I'm like, hey, how long do you think to take take the like soundproof, like get this thing ready?
Speaker 2: So I do an episode and at the time as fast as possible.
Speaker 1: We were like willing to pay more to get it done faster. Bro, when we I hope do we have a photo?
Speaker 2: What do you what? Did Jack say? Nothing that would be a good super short just let it ride. Check out our instagram.
Speaker 6: Yeah this such a cut said asap, as fast as possible.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 1: But when we had this bus, like when we first got it, I hope we have a photo of it. But there was like chairs and like wasp nests be bro like crazy ship.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, we need to bring a priest in here and exercise this place.
Speaker 1: No, it was you could tell like some demon ship.
Speaker 4: It went on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to burn some stage, do some shit like that in here because it was fucking wild. And Buddy was like, yeah, I get this on ten days. We are you serious? And I literally went to home depot that day and picked out the flooring and the color for the walls. Right, yeah, yeah, I remember that. And he's like, we got to do soundproffing. That was a cardboard. They're like, you have to do some sort of soundproofing because the metal will.
Speaker 2: Radiate too much.
Speaker 1: Radiate, bounce off the bounce off off the metal, say radiate, dude, We'll fucking we'll say radiate. But yeah, dude, we do have a little documentary on Busting with the Boys, don't we.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're not subscribing, you just go on our pages and that the video that's up documentary.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, dude.
Speaker 1: I did see a clip because when I saw the three hundred thousand subscribers, I was looking for the photo from your birthday when I pinned you up against there, I was there's.
Speaker 2: Your birthday, slapping you up a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I was looking for that and I found us with Roman Yosi talking about giving computers aids from looking at so much porn. And it was just me doing a bit of like four days going hand on this computer and like, yeah, weird shit popping up up, take an appearance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that interview too.
Speaker 6: That was actually when they were going around the locker room and talking about what for the boys meant because who was it, Uh was Richard Ard Matthews, Yeah, had just left the team or something like that, and and Paul Karski was kind of making a deal about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he he was like, uh, Paul was like, oh, he's not for the boys because he left he retired or quit or whatever. And I somehow was like, he's still for the boys. Yeah, you know, because at that point everything is for the boys. The whole team was saying for the boys. Like interviews dudes were just saying for the boys.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a cool time, dude, that was a very cool time. Then we fell apart. Yep, then we fell apart.
Speaker 1: But Richard, I mean he basically he got a PD like two weeks later he did Uh No, that was.
Speaker 6: That was next year. That was the next year, was it? Yeah, unless you knew in season that the next year you're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, was it twenty nineteen or twenty eighteen we started this The season that we had that was for the Boys was twenty eighteen my first year here, Yeah what I'm saying, but like that, and then the next off season when the podcast.
Speaker 2: Right, I was my bad.
Speaker 1: My timeline was mixed up because here we're talking about wiping yeah, which we actually were just having that conversation. You guys will see at the end of this podcast when we're trying to prank Will and did a phenomenal job of not fucking flinching, bro, not a flinch type of dude. Thank you for going back in memory lane with us. Is there anything else you want to say about it before we change the subjects.
Speaker 2: We're sure I did quit on us. He really did. He retired on the boy. You know, he just straight up quit. Dude. I get there. He was our best receiver at the time, Like I.
Speaker 1: Get any of the business side that goes into it. Every player is an individual contractor.
Speaker 6: Like there is a selfish element of playing but when you're in it, like being before the boys and the boys are what matter like and that's a party, you essentially quit the boy.
Speaker 1: And it was like week eight too, like, bro, we're halfway. Yeah, Like if you add camp and eight weeks of the season, you're more than halfway.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, fuck dude. He was with the boy in the locker room. He was always like really he would say some wild, wild wild.
Speaker 6: One of those guys who was like because he'd always bring a big ass speaker everywhere, even in the shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd have it set up like a massive my man did not want to be alone with his own thoughts. No, he had to have that music up for something like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you uh d Matthews.
Speaker 1: But he was like seven more weeks. Totally quit on us. He totally quit on it.
Speaker 2: Left the boys.
Speaker 1: He bounce, but he bounced, He bounced, and I was trying to sing your praises during but he.
Speaker 2: You did that.
Speaker 6: That was when all the boys are staying strong, too strong. Paul was the evil villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember he was taking pictures like look at these quotes around He's like, is this for the boys, because he was you know, Paul's always trying to find He's always trying to find something ill. Yeah, and you can kind of watch like the turbulence that Paul's had playing that role for so long.
Speaker 2: He can't be an asshole. Yeah forever.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, you threw a wild shot at him the other night, did you like it? Wild shot? Is it a good one? Like I smiled, I'm like, you have to yeah, But I also that's Paul and Paul and I actually have a good reationship.
Speaker 2: Like we would talk. He'd be very candid with me.
Speaker 1: I'd be very candid with him, but like, and I would always tell me, you're like, you are the guy like the stars up. You are the villain of the locker room before COVID hit and we weren't allowed to have anybody in there. Now they can have the media in the locker room. But yeah, Paul just saying shit about Jeffrey Simmons's like, bro, who like that is legitimately a strategic thing that agents tell you, Hey, you can do you can do this, you can do that, you can delete all the photos off your off your page of the team, like, because the whole goal of that for Jeffrey Simmons to take all the photos off is to cause a stir within the.
Speaker 2: Fan based community.
Speaker 1: Fan based community gets outraged, just like we saw with Derek Henry a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: We see a thing.
Speaker 1: Derek is on the trading block, the Titans are moving a moving Derek. The whole fucking Nashville world exploded. If this fucking happens, I'm done, My PSLs are over, We're fucking over it, all that shit, and then the next day, look what happened. Oh, it's actually not a reliable source. It's not gonna actually be a thing. Jeff his situation. I it's a little more fifty fifty where like people like childish as fuck and also like people like do something times do something about it. But it is a strategic plan that agents and other people put in your head when you're trying to get that new contract, which we all know that Jeff deserves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a fair point.
Speaker 6: It's like, if you're strictly looking at it objectively from a business standpoint, it does seem because I can you you know, you're like, you know why, you know why you delete all that stuff off?
Speaker 2: But yeah, when you bring up the strategy behind and everything else.
Speaker 6: It's almost like you do cause that little bit of a voice in the fan base community, which is like a public perception thing, which is which is like a small piece of trying to create some type of whether it's leverage or that is an element you know in the whole negotiation. Is you want, you know, you want to show the fans like, hey, if you feel like you're being done wrong. I'm not saying that that's what's happening, but it's just a little element to move on the chess board to try and cause that little stir to get the fan base, you.
Speaker 2: Know, by the fan base more kind of on your side as a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because people do feel pressure. The power of social media.
Speaker 2: Owner see it, GM, see it, Coach, you see it. We all know.
Speaker 1: Rabel is probably on Twitter right now as I'm speaking. Yeah, he fucking loves Twitter. He is all about toss a body bag out there. Oh yeah, and it's probably gonna be you or me. At any moment. Did I feel like I can get got by Rabel anything? Yeah, I'm not even that we're not even the team anymore. Not just randomly.
Speaker 6: He was at the combine and he sends a selfie with him in some linebacker and and all says is finding your replacement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't even been on the team in a minute. Did you tell me two years? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like, did you tell me the best the best player you've ever coached? And he goes he loves you. But you know, I don't know whyle I was saying that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy if Abel didn't want to answer that question. He did, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he didn't even say that question.
Speaker 6: But a it's dope that these fucking like the generation of these collegiate athletes are getting there saying that, you know, because Bray's probably thinking, like, what do you love?
Speaker 2: Complke? What do you do? You know what I mean? You know, Yo, that's fucking tough to hear you say about yourself.
Speaker 4: I know, but what do you do?
Speaker 6: If there's one team where I didn't do a lot on it was the Titans. Yeah, like the Raiders, I got to play and start and to have a role. I did start against the Colts, basically started against the Broncos. Right, but we're not but not an optimal not an optimal situations Matt, Yeah, fair, No, No, I guess what I'm talking about is the role I felt like I was in the Titans.
Speaker 2: We're different than the roles.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was in with the with the you were started at the Redskins, you were started at the Raiders, like I was a guy that was starting on Rabel.
Speaker 6: If there was never that kind of relationship, that collaborative relationship from coach to linebacker, like hey, how we scheme and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Throw Will in there, you know what I mean? No, dude, they Ravens, No game, Ravens.
Speaker 1: I got the clips if you fucking you in the playoff game?
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no, not that one I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Remember when I got cut and then I got put on prank squad and then jay On Hurd his elbow?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, do you remember that that one? And then I got to start from the Colts the next week there yeah, O VMO twitch but Rabels at all to save Rabel's an elite ball bust. It's basically what it was. The selfie hey, finding your replacement.
Speaker 1: Going back to what you're saying about the combine, do when I was on the field during the combine with Joe and stuff like that, I'm like, literally with Joe Thomas, who is a we'll have a Hall of Fame jacket around his shoulders. Come August and dudes are like the boy. It's like jogging by after a drill. Dudes are about it. You touched your leg?
Speaker 2: No I didn't.
Speaker 1: I sang that man's praise. He's a stud.
Speaker 6: He is. I mean, he's a fucking hate a stance. The can't fucking stand the way. The goat is Joe Thomas, the goat of all losers. Yeah, there's no question, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was immediately about to say no, because I think Trent Trent is the goat offensive lineman.
Speaker 6: All right, but I'm talking about just the most loser franchise that like he had to sit there and just be on this team and be the best player on the team for how many years?
Speaker 2: Double years? He played ten years? And then Barry Sanders might have something to say about that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fair, who's more like I would have been a ball player, though, say that question in a full sentence. Is Joe Thomas the goat of all losers? And clip put it out there and clip yeah, rip it out there in consecutive Pro Bowl and I would, uh, I wonder what the best record the Brown said during his whole time there.
Speaker 5: Look up, Look that up, look a look that up. Let's use the computer. He started those however many years he played. He started every single game in a row, never missed a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten thousand and sixty seven snaps. You know who saw his life snap me? I was on the field. Pull up that clip too, and you're trying. Yeah, you're trying to you try to go get him little last or something like bro. We started talking about that during the UH during the broadcast of the NFL Plus at the Combine, I started to telling that story, and Joe's all smiles because we were joking about how like he's like, you're the last person to touch me when I played, And I was like, yeah, that's probably the most embarrassing moment in my NFL career. By the way, been knocked out twice twenty two jcls like that was way more embarrassing. He's like fifteen yards away from me, and as he's getting up, I jog out there and he jogs.
Speaker 2: Away from me. I'm like, get a little get a little whisp of the middle finger on the back of his cheek. Dude didn't jog back, bucket. Yeah, Joe Thomas and his year career.
Speaker 3: I believe it when when was his first year and seven twenty seventeen and two thousand and seven was their only winning season at ten and six, and then his final season with the Browns.
Speaker 2: They were oh and sixteen. Yeah, but yeah, only winning season was his rookie only winning season.
Speaker 6: Since is your rookie year and think about it, you get drafted, you go ten and six your rookie year, You're like, don't worry.
Speaker 2: You know that after that last game, Hey, don't worry boys, we'll be back. We're building something. Yeah, we're building something special. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, that fucking sucks. Now. You guys have heard the story about Joe almost getting traded to the Broncos. Remind us so it's uh the deadline of the trading deadlines, like week eight of the NFL season, and apparently Peyton Manning called Joe Thomas was like, hey, I need somebody. We're gonna win a Super Bowl this year. We want to trade for you, and I've heard we can we can clarify with Joe. Joe is the GM of the Browns said, please don't trade me. So the GM of the Browns put in the trade paper fax machine whatever it is, like five minutes after the deadline ended, so it didn't actually go through and made it a mistake, so he could stay on the Browns really and.
Speaker 6: He would have won a super Bowl vaguely, yeah, because I think it might have been you who were Who's telling me that? Because then I was like, man, what if somebody like hey, I think I played the role of like Patrick Mahomes calls like, hey, let's go get this super Bowl?
Speaker 2: You see the Chiefs? I did see that. What's what's the what's the what's the eyes there with the Chiefs? You know you dropped the eyes late night text right late night?
Speaker 1: Little deal? What's thet I does know that Alanda Brown is now testing free agency. They didn't tag him either. They didn't tag him. Yeah, that's why he's testing free agent. So it is gonna be a bit of a deal.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I know there was like a couple of conversations in the beginning, you know, and he left tackle. I wonder if it's number seventy seven is available?
Speaker 2: Look that up. No, he wasn't. He was Andrew Wiley is seventy seven there?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 1: You think Andrew handed over? I think Wiley get a bag coming towards him for that number. Like, there's a handful of teams that are seriously interesting to me.
Speaker 6: The Chiefs are one of them, absolutely, because they could basically check all those boxes are looking like at a Super Bowl super Bowl less.
Speaker 1: Team contender Wiley were talk about number seventy seven and the Chiefs. The negative comments I saw of those like two hundred whatever comments was no, you're not on the field, blah blah blah, we're not paying you, pois. I'm gonna let you get a little secret. The contract I would get is not gonna be a big number contracts similar to mine. It would be relative. It would be closer to yours than it was to my old one. Yo. Oh yeah, sure, okay, easy, Oh yeah, yeah, for sure, no fucking question.
Speaker 2: Broucke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there would be incentives, would be incentives, and your boys, hey, I'm all about chasing it.
Speaker 4: That would be a two contending podcasts and the same team together.
Speaker 1: Though. What an awesome situation for a little collap Travis, big fan of Travis and for Rader Nation.
Speaker 6: We'd finally have somebody on the inside of that organization. Yeah, the franchise both of us. Yeah, because they know the rules. You want me I take will exactly, and you'll play. You'll play for minimum. Oh yeah, Sonning. You know my incentives, all of some incentives. Yeah, yeah, what's the incentive I entied to yours? So we'll have to look at your incentives and be like, all right, how should we break this up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If you that's a good thing to put them on.
Speaker 1: My contract negotiation is like if Taylor plays ninety percent of the snaps, Taylor gets an extra million. We'll get another two hundred thousand. If I make sixteen starts, well we'll get a million, Taylor gets two thousands.
Speaker 6: I'll be in with the boys, Uh Willie Gay and Bolton fake that fake gay neg dude, and you know I'll be singing from the from the mountaintops.
Speaker 2: We get the best linebacker corn in the leak because those dudes are stunts.
Speaker 1: And then you exactly, yeah, and you would keep me in checking my incentives, Like if I had like a little ham or something, a little soft tissues.
Speaker 2: Oh brother, you're playing, I'll be coming to that training room like, hey, I was talking to Andy and office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta we gotta go. What's some ben gay on that thingles roll Yeah, yeah, exactly, bro. Let that thing fucking rip. So chiefs, if we get action with the chiefs will very much.
Speaker 2: We'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, before this all goes into in my knee handle the situation. I we'll say, though, I was squatter two twenty five to day for ten no ship, so we're talking about like that in your back pocket?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: Oh buddy?
Speaker 1: We were down no shift to the hips or nothing either. My leg was towrking like I needed dollar bills. That thing was going fucking wild dog after that, lunges, we're fit, elevated, tough, bro, nothing like some bulk and split squad. Yes, and I guess what, full got my leg all the way down to the ground.
Speaker 2: Nice. So the rehab is that's a nice feeling. So if you're at we're listening things are going well.
Speaker 1: Then God for this second, then God for this second surgery is all I'll say. Yeah, because doctor Elatrosh really fixed a lot of things in there.
Speaker 2: I like how you phrased that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Uh speaking of ATG knees overtos guy he DM's he would love to come on the bus.
Speaker 1: He followed me the other day. Really Yeah, yeah, boy, I love knees overtoes guy.
Speaker 6: And even do an even do a vlog with him, just like and dude brother, Yeah, train us for train us for however long you're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be incredible. I would absolutely one hundred percent dow rerect.
Speaker 6: Line because he was he was saying how he goes out of all the sports that I work with, because he did, he'd post a lot of stuff about him dunking and just the recovery he's had from all the knee surgeries that he's had.
Speaker 2: He's like, football players are who DM me and want to work with me the most. You know.
Speaker 1: What's funny too, is of the training staffs I've worked with, there's been a handful that have said to me like that shit is wrong, Like you shouldn't really yeah, like having that like working that long, that flection, like you're like you don't need that.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 1: Your knees over your toes ball blah blah, you should be doing things you need for sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it'll be interesting to say, see what he says about all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because remember when we were in Arizona for Super Bowl week and we were training with the boy Drew Drew at Exo. When we were training the boy Drew at X shout Out Drew, he was incorporating some of the knees over stuff in the workout and he was talking about, you know, yeah, I would be interested to have him on and talk about all that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Is it Ben? I think his name is Ben, Yeah, Ben, Yeah, it is Ben.
Speaker 1: I I unsubscribe because I was like paying for their programs and then when I had when I had to get my knee have surgery again, I literally unsubscribed and somebody from the ATG account like messaged me. I was like, hey, why are you unsubscribing? I retoor ACL like I'll be back, don't worry. They like, okay, good. So I did just say we need that money. Yeah, we're gonna need that seventy five dollars a month. Brother, We're gonna need that. Yeah, dude, they I think they do. I love all I love all this stuff. That's basically what I Ben Patrick, Yeah, Ben Patrick, That's pretty much what I And the dude's fucking shreddy.
Speaker 2: Look at him, he's and he can.
Speaker 1: Jump out of the fucking gym too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brother, he and his body strength is incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the best part about all of his training and programming is he obviously they have all a full library and archive of all the videos, but he explains it on such a level that you can if you're an old lady or he's some well trained athlete. He's got like phases for all of it, so you can do it at home, you can do it on the go, minimal equipment. It's awesome. I love all his programming, So I think having him on the bus would be sick. That'd be cool man for everybody trying to get right and get jacked in twenty twenty three, we need to have somebody on who's jacked. Yeah, you can get us on the path. Yeah, boys cut up for sure. Yeah, I'll know about Jack.
Speaker 1: But before we get into the uh who is it kir Cousins Cousins episode this week, he came on the bus when we were in the super Bowl. Incredible individual. He literally came there And I hope we have that clip because it played. He came because of will when you I will let you guys watch this episode. You guys will get into it. It's a It's an amazing episode. He goes in his mindset where his head heads out as far as far as his career, where Minnesota is going, where he thinks he can go. But my favorite part of the entire episode was the ending of the episode when he literally sat there as we.
Speaker 2: Were literally getting up.
Speaker 1: I'm like going to stand up, and he's giving will flowers like I've never seen somebody give somebody else flowers before my life. It was incredible, incredible, and it says everything he said is absolutely correct about Will. But uh, before you guys see that episode, Tier Talk now, the Tier Talk this week is going to be the best albums, the whole music albums Now. I don't know how it's gonna go. I know Willie's Big is easy top guy. They're a great band, maybe not the best band of all time like Big one A two. But this is obviously all a preference for everybody. They might they might not even make it.
Speaker 6: That was just my first thought when I was trying to get out of there. You were in a mental blend. Yeah, and boys are going to Vegas tomorrow. We are going to Vegas, staying at the Aria in the lookout. The boys will be out in the angle, will be out in the wild.
Speaker 1: I want to get I want to say this out loud and hopefully the Aria hears this. That's where we're staying. Phenomenal place. Crystal, the lady that does all the stuff, does a great job. Cannot wait anytime you have to go to Vegas and stay at the Aria. It's a phenomenal time. Yeah, very accommodating, very great people. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: At the bottom.
Speaker 6: And whenever we met Nick that night too, with Ben, with Ben, yeah, and when Ben jo Yeah, staying in that little circle talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben had a phenomenal showing, by the way, a phenomenal showing.
Speaker 2: Real, he really did.
Speaker 1: I am very excited. But I do have a little warning for you. Are you I'm coming for it all, Just so just fucking know that, buddy, I'm coming here for everything. Yeah, we're gonna are is gonna turn to the Lauania when it's all fucking done, dude, It's gonna turn to Lauwania. So better focus up. Let's take a five minute break, Let's load up our tear talks.
Speaker 6: Should we talk at all about the Lamar Jackson stuff. We don't have to be even well, like what he's getting franchise tags. All the stuff that's going on out there. People are losing their minds right now, like losing their minds. There's a lot of arguing going on.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what you've heard about Lamar. I've heard that him and the Ravens are not cool. He's basically fuck the Ravens. There was a moment there where we heard about the Falcons. A reliable source told us that's we wait to tweet something out missed it by fifteen seconds. Boys, They said, he's they're franchise tagging him. So now in the franchise tag they can trade. People can still trade for Lamar.
Speaker 6: The thing that the Ravens did is they put a non exclusive franchise tag on him. Like again, we'll be talking this interview with Kirk. We kind of talk about that because he's a guy who's gotten guaranteed contracts three years at a time and he's been very brainiac about his approach. But when Kirk was going through it, they would franchise tag him. He got franchise tag twice two years in a row and never got a long term deal. And you know, Lamar's trying to get a long term deal fully guaranteed, just like Kirk was trying to get at the time as well. And but the Ravens put on a non exclusive tag, meaning he can test the market, which I think from if we're going full objective business side of it, putting yourself in the raven shoes, they're probably willing to pay him, in my opinion, but they want to know they don't want to overpay him if they don't have to, Like, hey, go out there and fish, go out there and see what you can get. Because the non exclusive tag, you either trade two first round picks or you get to match the contract that the team is off from Lamar. So puts them in a position and be like, hey, go see what your market is and then we can make a decision after that. Now, all the emotion and stuff involved, all that kind of stuff, I'm not as privy to, but I do understand Lamar wanting a fully like you see what Deshaun Watson did last year, right and got that fully guaranteed deal for like two hundred and something million dollars for what five years, Like he got a massive You're seeing these quarterbacks getting these high.
Speaker 1: D Daniel Jones just got paid forty three million dollars a.
Speaker 6: Year, right, which is seems which seems asini now, like like me thinking about it, it's like, Okay, maybe the giants, like whoever's running their stuff, they're not you know, they ultimately just paid Daniel Jones when they probably didn't have to pay them all that money because.
Speaker 2: They're two different organizations.
Speaker 6: It's not like just because Daniel gets paid Lamar doesn't doesn't mean everyone thinks like, oh, this is absurd.
Speaker 2: Why when they do that?
Speaker 6: There's some some cluting going on, and I know that it's a little thought or a conspiracy out there that they're not paying Lamar. And then ultimately all the teams are publicly coming out to say we don't want to shop lamorrow have a market for Lamar because they're trying to clude in a sense to let oh know that they their gonna be paying fully guaranteed deals and you get off of the standard that Deshaun was trying to set when.
Speaker 2: He Shawn really started with Kirk Cousins right right.
Speaker 6: Right right, But which by the way, Deshawn's even looking at restructuring his deal so that they can pay other guys in the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that restructure you can keep guaranteed.
Speaker 2: All you want.
Speaker 1: All you do is just take the salary and put it into a signing BoatUS and pay him the minimum that you're as far as the salary and just the cap is no longer as big of a hit, ye, Like, it all depends on how much money a team has to give you. And I know there's a cap, but some more cash flow than other. So if the cap is at like two hundred.
Speaker 6: And ten, because there's a thought, I guess what I'm saying that you can speak to is like the cap doesn't exist, right, but that's not real.
Speaker 2: But the cap is not a real thing. People say the CAP's not.
Speaker 6: Real, And then you can go into kind of explain that you know, teams who are cash heavy are cash heavy or not.
Speaker 1: Then you can so two teams, Well, one team that's a cash heavy team is the Dallas Cowboys. You see it the way they where they did a Tyron Smiths deal. It was like a ten one hundred million dollars, ten year deal, which when you see that one hundred million dollars, like, holy fuck, I think it was eight years.
Speaker 2: Holy fuck.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: But they're only paying them ten a years, so you can do stuff like that. They put guys on longer, long winded deals that five, six, seven year deals. But what teams do when they get put in a position like the Saints, like the Titans were in before a couple weeks ago, when they started snippeting a bunch of people, is they get below that cap number. All you have to do is get below the cap number before a certain date. Let's call it March first. Let's just say it's March first.
Speaker 4: Once you get.
Speaker 1: Below that, now the cap for that year really doesn't matter. If you're a team that thinks they can win and actually has the liquidity to go and get those players, you can take your top three guys, turn their their money for that year into a signing bonus, and once you do that, you've cleared up a shitloaded cap.
Speaker 6: So here's here's a good question, which would be which would be a good example? You rowed what fourteen points something against the cap this year and they're like, oh, they freed up fourteen million. If in this example they would have taken that fourteen million and put into a signing bonus, they would have cleared that same sort of clear.
Speaker 1: They would be able to do the fourteen million they do like thirteen point five. And then because if I was owed fourteen point five, then I make a million dollars that year. So Mike, you can only be a million to the I would be a million. And now there are some some smaller things like it wouldn't be a million, my dead cap would now be higher. So really, when you're transitioning that, when you're taking restructuring someone's deal to this is their salary. We're taking their salary. We're putting it into a signing bonus. When you do that, you're you're basically pushing your problem down the road. You're saying, Hey, a couple of years, we're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Deal with this.
Speaker 1: That's an issue, but we can win now. Then we have an owner that has the ability to shekel out these this kind of money because they're cash heavy. Because they're cash heavy, there are teams. People who own these teams obviously are extremely wealthy individuals. Some of these people who own teams, the NFL is their main main source of income, Like that's like their main source. Other people have other money and they're able to acquire buy from the jack is A is a perfect example of this kind of guy you always see, Like back in like twenty fifteen, sixteen seventeen, when the Jags were like kind of like hey shit, they went to the AFC Championship. They were kind of doing something. They were Saxonville. You'd see guys just getting signed over and over forty five fifty million dollars deal, sixty million dollar deals, and like, how the fuck has it happened. It's because buddy's got bags and so he knows you can put it into a signing bonus. Movies, guys, you to a guy like Kalais Campbell, who you know is a stud for you. He knows he's gonna produce that year. Okay, go ahead and put that into a signing bonus. He's gonna make a million, and then we can go sign this dude, this dude, and this dude. Imagine if they had Doug Peterson back them. Holy shit, right, I think they other than them. But anyway, there is a lot of things you can do to manipulate the cap. It doesn't make all your problems go away, go away, but it does take away those problems. Now like a short term we're trying to win a Super Bowl. We're a couple of pieces away. We need some big names, some big talent in here. That's when you can go and get a couple of guys free up some cap, like like the Bills, for example. I don't know who their owner is, I don't know how cash heavy they are, but they're a close team. I don't know how far they are away from the cap either, but they can easily take josh Allen's contract restructure.
Speaker 2: Half of that. What's he making forty five million dollars?
Speaker 1: Okay, so now it's at twenty five million dollars and he's making He's gonna he has a twenty five million dollars signing. About us he makes twenty million dollars a year, but that other twenty Now you can go inside other guys and then push that problem back, push that problem a couple a couple of years back, because the dead CAP's gonna get it's gonna go farther and farther down the road. And the issues that run into that are guys that get older. Let's say Joshua's into situation like I did, where he has a couple of years of injuries on the field as much he's out there, he's doing great, but do we know if he's really gonna be out there the whole season? And then you look at his dead cap, and his dead caps at thirty five million dollars a month's like, oh fuck, we can't cut that because that just kills everything.
Speaker 6: So, talking to another reliable source about the Lamar Jackson stuff out, the question was, why don't you think you know, why do you think teams are publicly saying this and that? Are like, why are teams does it seem like they're not going to pay Lamar not not going to pay, but why is it such a big story? And his response was that it's he feels like a lot of teams there's a it's like there's a reminder of a few years back when the NBA started to make those massive jumps and contracts. The same kind of things happening with some quarterbacks over the last couple of years, and you see a lot of these teams that have done that. Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, uh, Deshaunhason, Yeah, but not Mahomes. There's also another one, Josh Allen. Josh Allen was up there, but there was like a top four Russell Wilson, was it Russell, Yeah, Russ Russell, yeah, Russell. So let's say Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers. And the response on top of that was a lot of those teams now that did those heavy deals for quarterbacks, they're now trying to actually get out of them and reneuver their way around around them because they haven't worked out in the short term as much as they had hoped. So a lot of teams are probably sitting back like, yeah, the market that Lamar and all these guys are arguing for, that market's there because it's been established. But a lot of probably ownership or lead in those leadership groups that are paying this money are probably looking at like, hang on that we gotta we gotta try to realist in because we're seeing it with these other teams, like Deshaun Watson's trying to or is looking at possibly restructuring his deal. The Packers are in hell with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson. We saw how that's played out, Kyler Murray. We see how that's playing out when when they were hiring the next head coach. So a lot of teams are like taking this. I feel like into account. I'll be like, hey, before we go into this. And again, Lamar, he was injured this year and he did the right thing, not playing that's the he made the right move. But again that's also gonna be used as leverage. This is why this whole thing's a battle right now. Both sides are kind of doing the right thing and letting the world, I guess, freak out about it. But I think it's a little bit more controlled behind the scenes than what it seems like in the in the media.
Speaker 1: And it goes back to the tactical strategies that people are doing, Like teams will do strategic things and players will do strategic things, and then everyone's kind of playing that game of chess that we always talk about. Yeah, like they're both trying to Lamar's like, great, I get to go see what everybody else wants. Lamar might get there in a couple of days when free agency starts and be like cluck, dude, this is not what I thought it would be. Or it might be the exact opposite. He might go to a Commanders or something like that. He might go to a different team, but the Ravens are sitting there and they're like, this is our best part, this is our best chess piece to move right now, to show that he's not worth what he.
Speaker 7: Thinks he's worth, right, Yeah, on his On the topic of him, since what's the franchise tag? They put him on non exclusive exclusive, so another team would have to give up two first round picks or or they've offered So do they get to pick which years they give up those first round picks?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that it's a good question. That's a really good question. Yeah, I'm not sure. What if it's like, yeah, I'll give you one this year and one in ten years. Yeah, yeah, if that is, if you're able to do this, probably.
Speaker 1: A cap and which team picks good question in particular.
Speaker 2: I can't Yeah, it's a great question for zig.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for one day because I think we're we will get Lamar Jackson on at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that at all that one day. Well, I heard on the radio.
Speaker 6: I'm curious too how the whole approach has been without an agent, because even guys who don't have agents, they still get to use the NFLPA and probably consult.
Speaker 2: With people I would assume and advisors of some kind of hope happens.
Speaker 6: But either way, I can't wait to just pick his brain on how all this has went for him, especially posturing.
Speaker 2: That way with him representing himself the last time.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure this has only happened like a handful of times in the NFL, and I'm I'm probably wrong, But the last time this happened, I think was l way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with just a situation. Yeah, the what is it? Non restrictive free? Yeah, non exclusive for non exclusive tag. I was gonna say the only thing I can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's like Kirk, he had the exclusive franchise tag, so he was like under contract. He wanted to get paid before the first franchise tag, they would franchise tag them.
Speaker 2: The second one.
Speaker 6: He want to try and work out a deal. They wouldn't, So we got the transitional tag or whatever it's called. There's like two or three tags.
Speaker 1: Imagine if the Commanders had Kirk right now, though I know, maybe sitting so much more pretty. Yeah, because he's panned out, he's he's he's done it. Yeah, there's a lot of knocks on him. Hey, he can't win a primetime game all that shit. It's like he's still a stud and he can rip it. Yeah, and he talks about that. That's what that's what it'll be good for about it. Yeah, I can't wait for you guys to listen to that. Let's do let's do tear talk, because tear talk is so like personal base. We're gonna designate to one person. I believe that person is gonna be Garrett. Garrett is gonna do the tear talk this week. So you will see me, you will see Will, and you will see Garrett do that all right. Took a quick break. Took a quick break from this episode to do a little homework on TikTok. Garrett was ready, I was ready, but obviously Will showed up a little on time, so we didn't have time to uh break everything down. We will now start with Garrett. Garrett, what do you go for your tear talk?
Speaker 2: We gotta get done to three? Should we do with top five?
Speaker 6: Five?
Speaker 2: Hey, well we'll go first my three and then y'all can do is minichi you want? All right? All right?
Speaker 7: So best albums these are ones that were just at a pivotal moment. I feel like in my life, middle.
Speaker 1: School, high school, exactly is everybody's pivotal moments of their life.
Speaker 7: So Tier three is gonna be Kid Cutty's Man on the Moon. The first one, it was electric when it first came electric. Tier two is gonna be mechanical bull Kings of Leon. That one came at the end of that came actually fourteen, my first yeah in college, right at the beginning. It's got the feels, it's got the rock, it's phenomenal. Tier one keeping it in the family. Only by the Night Kings of Leon. That was when I started driving in high school and also partaking an extra curricular shout out to the fucking Turtle Clan.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 7: That was our crew in high school. Little back, full backstory on on Turtle Clan. When they were building neighborhoods in Brentwood, we hit a little dry spot, so only the roads were paved, no houses were going up.
Speaker 2: For a long time.
Speaker 7: We would go to the back farthest back could de sac and just chill, get high, yes, and drink and drink and listen to Only by the Night. I bet it was the fucking spot. And that's that album is incredible. It's got There's an inside joke between Jack and I that when you're hungover, take a shower in the dark and listen to Cold Desert and you.
Speaker 2: Will wake up a new man. Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if we're go, if we're running back on this little stories. The song I walked out to was a song from Mechanical Bull Awesome. I wasn't super Soaker, it was I was running through the desert. I was in it.
Speaker 2: Rock City Bro.
Speaker 1: When I got drafted, we had like walk up songs, and that's the song I came out to. That's how I met Jared.
Speaker 2: Well So twenty fifteen, when they did the New Year's Eve here.
Speaker 1: Bang, it was I was at that. Yeah, so I was gonna say that was right when you got me and the girl I was dating, we got a big fight. I actually missed the concert.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, those are my three man.
Speaker 1: I was running through the desert. I was looking for drugs, and I was searching for one word, thank you addiction, Yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, will you want me to go? You want to go? They're not going back there, but they would have everyone I can't. I was gonna give you one word, though, rock and.
Speaker 1: Passion that you should have saved that from me. I'm about to be off and my ship in the second. I mean, I can go, I'll go, you all go.
Speaker 2: You seem not confident yet. No, no, I'm ready. I'm ready.
Speaker 6: My Tier seven bro, alright, alright, not that not that many, but I do want to. I do want to give shout outs to zz top Eliminator. That's sharp dressed, man, that's give me all your loving and also back in Black ac DC nineteen eighty. We're talking Hell's bells Back in Black obviously, But dude, I think what's what I was trying to look for in the ac DC albums because I'm like, man, hopefully they're all like, you know, kind.
Speaker 2: Of in like a you know, a c d c's Greatest Hits.
Speaker 6: But dude, my dad and I went to a a c DC concert one time and they there's nothing but fucking hits from ac DC. Bro, nothing but hits. Yeah, I'm not shitting you, brother.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you on a and I'm with you. I saw Jack changes glasses so.
Speaker 2: Laughing at that.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: My uh so that's you know, that's shout out to the boys. But my Tier five it's gonna be h Drake, take care. Hell Yeah, fucking right shot for me, Marvin' droom dude, Marn's rooms up banging twenty eleven. When we're in college, bro, like you know the cultures in it, Like we're vibing to Drake, Yeah, vibe Drake just on the outside looking in, you know what, No, no, no, okay, I gotta switch a couple my going off that same vibe like in college the Carter three low Wayne, Yeah, senior of high school, your year old Yeah, wait right, Yeah, Lollipop was a fucking jam. I think everybody wanted to sound cool on the whole late text when he did the whole Yeah, you don't want that late text?
Speaker 2: Better where better wear a late text?
Speaker 6: Is you don't want that late text that I think I'm late text, Like everyone tried dropping that lyric thinking like yo, you know I listened to that Lollipop Yeah, just captures on Milly like mister and missus Carter all bangers, my Tier three. And here's where I gotta get in and talk about albums that like I've like that you listen to that, like probably you listen to the most on repeat, and then also like something I really dove into and like felt and like yo, this shit low key like changes me. My Tier three is gonna be Nickelback all the right reasons. You got photograph animals saving me rock star, and if everyone cared like Nickelback, I know that might get some Hayden and backlash, but Nickelback bro first concert I went to is Nickelback old man, Maybe go to Aerosmith with them with him, but willingly wanted to.
Speaker 2: Go to Nickelback. I feel like Nickelback was a fucking banger.
Speaker 6: Fortune we got to interview them when we had them on and I got to give them their flowers and felt good doing it, but was longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah not out, Yeah, it's not out.
Speaker 6: It's coming out next to Yeah, and then obviously the earlier album How You Remind Me. I wish that one was on there too, but Nickelback when that thing was out.
Speaker 2: Fire. My Tier two is gonna go to.
Speaker 6: NF therapy session, and that's got several oppums, and there might be a lot of people out there that don't are arnest privy to the NF wave andF has mansions therapy session search the search perception of Fire artist. This is like I got on Eminem shout out Adam Hayward. Adam Hayward was a teammate of mine named Washington in two thousand and fourteen, and he put me on NF. His first album then at that point was Mansion. And NF is somebody who is like, literally album after album can go and continue to dig deep down and all those emotions that he had because he's big into therapy in his mind and everything else, and somebody who like goes into the basement and can truly storytell and put things together.
Speaker 2: And all of his albums call back to each other.
Speaker 6: It's like, it's like it's genius that, like I, every time he drops something, I listened to his album in sequence because it's like truly a story that I love to listen to his album's in sequence. But he's been there in so many pivotal points of my life too, like in Washington, Charro, like when I was finding my wife and Charro, what's a when my mom passed away? He was somebody he has stuff that again he's able to dig in the basement and relate to you on such a crazy level. But Tier two NF my Tier one salute to the fucking king eminem Bro curtain call, he said, oh, curtain Call, the way I Am, lose yourself, Mockingbird? What else do I have on your sing for the moment? Stand without Me? All bangers, all bangers?
Speaker 2: You want to do?
Speaker 6: Eminem show fire his LPs fire. But my favorite Eminem album is uh yeah, curtain Call. That is my tier talk. I wish I could do more. Music is so fucking hard, bro, music.
Speaker 2: Is so hard.
Speaker 1: Also on the NF dude, how could you leave? First time you heard that song?
Speaker 2: You're not crying? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first time I heard that song, I bawled my fucking eyes out, Yeah, in the car by myself.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 6: It's incredible how he can and again he does and cuss doesn't say, you know, doesn't do all that stuff that it takes so like a lot of rappers do, he does it on such a level and speaks to your fucking soul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaks to your fucking soul. And he's known, he was labeled, I know at one point.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he stills by I'm pretty sure, but like a Christian rapper, yeah, but throw that ship out the window.
Speaker 2: It ain't that this is like it is like an Eminem type vibe.
Speaker 1: Just flow, heat slow, he can sing.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, Bro, it's nice. He's he is a artist. That was incredible. Thank you. I was sweating like trying.
Speaker 1: To brother, like, oh, one word, incredible, hype, impact, a lot.
Speaker 2: White that needed to be said, Bro, that needed to be said. List is gonna come out there. That's gonna you know, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll tell you what. You should have saved both of those for mine because we're about to take a little ride from two thousand and one to two thousand and five right now. Yeah yeah, yeah, so boys, we're to get a ride down memory lane. I would I do have two honorable mentions in this situation. I gotta give flowers to a band that got me back into country music. I thought country music for a while I was getting a little too beaty, a little too much of this listener is that they've been on the podcast a few times. I gotta give it to Middland on the Rocks when they came out all like drinking problems, I got to pull it up because they have so many hitters.
Speaker 2: I'm just so bro.
Speaker 1: Listen to this on the Rocks lonely for you make a little drinking problems. At least you cried burnout out of sight more than a fever. Bro. This like this album. When I popped it on, I immediately called my buddy Nick Benne Is like, buddy, how do you feel about new country music? I fucking hated it. Nick's had a lot of opinions when it comes to country music. I had him throw this song. He called me an hour and a half later he goes, you were right, They're fucking incredible. So that is one of my honorable mentions. My second honorable mention spoiler alert. It's gonna go to Blink one eight to two, And the only reason why it's not in my top three is because I already got it. I already got a Blink one it in there, and I want to have a little more of a deal.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 1: Take off your Pants and Jacket?
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: First off, I was like twenty seven when I figured out that take off your pants and jacket?
Speaker 2: Did you get that?
Speaker 1: Because I remember looking at the album and it's black and has like little colors and it's like literally a pant and jacket and it's like a plane, and I'm like, bro, yeah, that's a cool logo.
Speaker 2: I guess. But I'm.
Speaker 1: Ten, so I'm like, I don't fucking know, dude, Anthem part two. When that song just starts on the album, You're like, I know I'm in for an online song first date. That music video is a fucking hitter, and then you get to switch it up to Happy Holidays, you bastard. It's like a little split in between the music for a little fun bullshit, the rock show, roller Coaster, Reckless, abandon, shut up, give me, give me one good reason, dude. It is so fucking all time that that is it. That is it now, That's that's all I have for that. Those are my honorall mentions, my Tier three. Not everyone's gonna see eye out of this. For me, when I think of my favorite albums of all time, it's what album can I put on and know every single word to every single track and sing every single every single song, no problem? And that this Tier three to me, don't know why it's such a banger Panic at the disco a fever. You can't sweat out all of those songs, dude. The vocabulary that motherfucker has, how he rips and flows and then it changes beats and all of a sudden he uses intricate, like fucking violins and shit like violins and like an orchestra type stuff. And at the same time he's just putting heat down over and over and over again. So that is my Tier three. My Tier two once again is going to go back to a time in my life when I was living on the ranch. This song, this album came out. We actually brought up on the Midland podcast and they're very disrespectful to it is big and rich, a horse of a different color, very unique, interesting blend of country music that a lot of people are probably against, but for me, it's just one of those I remember sitting in my mom's trucks. She had an f Red F one fifty. It was stick shift, and we'd always go to this place called Cokomo Joe's. I would call it Tiki Taylor's. I just thought that was like a fun little bit I was doing when I was thirteen, fourteen years old, and we would listen to that, back and forth, back and forth like where we eight every day for like a summer, and for me, I was like, bro I still put that on. I remember like going back to the ranch, chasing down goes, trying to learn how to rope and do a whole bunch of fun shit. So that's like a level of nostalgia for me that I had to get into my tear talk and obviously my Tier one gotta go back to the greatest band of all time.
Speaker 2: We know who I'm talking about, because I've already mentioned him.
Speaker 1: It's Blake one A two their self titled album Blake A two from two thousand and three. Let me just give you a couple songs on here feeling this? Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 2: I miss you? All right?
Speaker 1: Does he say ahead? Does he say ed? We don't fucking know? Stockholm syndrome? Down, go, dude, It's always easy target like they this album I put on. Dude, shout out Alex Macsudian, the emo girl I was into in middle school.
Speaker 2: Dude. We would get off the bus.
Speaker 1: She'd have her hair covering up her left eye and I had the biggest little bit of thick girl too. Now, all right, she didn't have like a body on her or anything, but for whatever reason, Alex max shudey and I was like the love of my life at twelve thirteen years old. One day I asked her out. She said, yes, I was like, holy fuck, boys, we've made it. I'm playing all there's already wedding bells going on in my head. Four days later, I go to her house. I haven't heard from her in four days. By the way, she wasn't answering my aim, so I was like, oh fuck. I go to her house call her. She comes over the back of her wall in her backyard and hands me a letter. It's ripped out of a notebook. It's got lipstick kiss on it, and it's a breakup letter of why she can't be with me. We didn't talk for the four days we were dating, but your boy took it harder than anybody could possibly take it. I put this album on and it saved me. Bro who knews where I would have been if it wasn't for Blank within an AA two's Blank within a two from two thousand and three. Incredible, incredible album. We just took a little ride back, and that is my tear talk would you say from mine? Incredible?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: This was gonna say for yours, but but ours are so different, so different, I know, but that's what I love about this. And she was like, man, I could have put those in mind. I remember the Carter three. Yeah, and again you're saying stuff again. It's speaking to just a different It's like all the different phases of your life.
Speaker 2: Man. And you talked about a breakup.
Speaker 6: Like remember usher, bro Oh yeah, dude, Like there's so many there's so much good music. And then and then when you're talking about panic at the disco for whatever reason, they're very different. But I started even thinking about Lincoln Park. Remember when Lincoln Park was hot back then?
Speaker 1: Bro, here we go for the one hundred time hand grenat pins and every line.
Speaker 6: You're definitely somebody like uh zero albums. I've said, do I know every song every word? Like you're somebody who can I feel like pick up lyrics like mine.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: My brother Cody was always really good at that. He always knew every fucking lyric, and I can never pick that ship up.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris Arnold, he could listen to a song one hundred times and he'll never get it, Like he'll get one out of seven words, but he'll sing it like he knows it.
Speaker 6: I'll get like a few phrases in each song, yeah what I mean? And I will I will continue to sing it.
Speaker 2: I'll just not get it.
Speaker 1: Right, masterpiece, we play masterpiece if we sing that song, I look at you and you're just kind of mumbling in the corner to yourself.
Speaker 2: Hitting it. Pivotal, that's my word. Pivotal hyphenated good time. It's gonna come as a shot, but predictable, that's okay, blank.
Speaker 4: High faded as well, monster energy.
Speaker 2: For real, dude, I thought that that was far. That was fun to talk about.
Speaker 6: It's like, you can't necessarily, I guess you could go wrong, but not really no, because it's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just what you grew up even always what you grew up on. It's never now, it's never now because in ten years then that'll be the next one.
Speaker 6: Dude, speaking of now those now albums, Yeah, God now four blue my groin doing that, blue d I think track now four might have been the best run.
Speaker 2: I think track four.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because yeah, punk os pop was solid too, but it wasn't It wasn't now. But pump go punk ohs pop is a legit punk o pop. It goes pop is like a hardcore metal band that sing like trendy pop songs. Gotcha and they're a fire actually gotcha Devilware's Prada.
Speaker 2: Dude, what's the song? They say? They sing a banger? Yeah, yeah, you just kind of go on.
Speaker 1: They're like, Yo, who the fuck are these guys, dude, LimeWire, what do you onan right now?
Speaker 7: Garrett speaking of now As of February third, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, we are on now eighty five.
Speaker 6: Wow, man, I thought the numbers to be higher. I wonder if kids are even still taking that in. I just remember when we were young, you would you would cop the now so I don't know if you got CD. I remember Easter every year I would get the Now CD. I'm like, young, Hey, look up now for and see when the like Blue Dapa d is that is? I think it's track four I had that. It is actually on repeat on my CD. Walkman, bro, Now listen up, dude, No.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, it looks like five if that is the sequence. And another one I'm thinking of too.
Speaker 6: In middle school, Bro meet Virginia oh Man, Hitter Bro John and the East Side Boys middle school dances.
Speaker 2: Dugie o.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: We'd be at middle school, dude, guys along beside girls in the other and to the window. Yeah, guys looking at it from the wall.
Speaker 2: You know, bro, over real, you fucking go up.
Speaker 1: And you're like, bro, middle schoolers grinding at each other. Is there not a funnier imagine being Imagine being like a chaperone at one of those middle schools watching thirteen year old boys just fucking grind that ship out.
Speaker 2: There's nutting in their pants a.
Speaker 6: Little bit of a because everybody else is like, it's like the deposture to play. Like I think I'm gonna go, They're like, go doing. You're like, you don't push me, You got to circle a little, and they're anxiety and feeling the push towards it. Go do this, and you're like, low key man' fucking cool. No, I'm not just like, not that dancing. You don't don't like dancing, Yeah, just let me pick my shirt.
Speaker 1: But there's always like those those that weird couple that found each other, like they were both kind of weirdos, and they like started dating. They make out real hard, always crazy crazy, and they're in the middle of that ship just fucking getting after it, bro, and everyone's like, holy fuck lo KEI looking back and like, you know, I wish I was that confident.
Speaker 2: No b on them kids for real, bro, them kids. Yea.
Speaker 1: I hate to bring this up because the Fred one of his podcasters, came out, but Julie Gerdono with the middle school with her, dude, I was staring her ass down and fucking desert canon.
Speaker 2: You want this? She's like, what the fuck is this guy about?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: What a while? She dm me so up. So enjoy the Kirk Cousins episode and the intro. I we'll get back on that. We'll get back on that vibe because that's man. The music out there is just endless. Dude.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see people's fucking top three albums of all time because you're gonna sit there and look at those comments, just be like, damn, that is a good one.
Speaker 2: Man. I did we have any ad reads? No?
Speaker 3: Well, we can't shut out all of the women in our lives, even though this will come out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Today is International Women's Day. Shout out to the women tailoring shout to Yeah, shout out to international women. Dude. Yeah, Jack's living tonight. Did you uh? Did you talk about at the beginning the spring tour tickets? No?
Speaker 1: We when I'm not, I'm not joking like we like said, we're gonna do a branking and talked about missing through a toilet and shitting and.
Speaker 2: Then it's gonna go on the back side of Kirk. Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: You can go on Bustings. Yeah, they can go on Bustings. It'll be on YouTube. We will tell you where it's at.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not but.
Speaker 1: Trust me, we're not breaking shit down that you guys need.
Speaker 2: To know about.
Speaker 1: But it is a fun little hang between the boys, The Post Show, the Post Show. Well with that, you remember the Post Show. Yeah, it was fun as a funny as hell, a couple of little episodes. But our spring tour tickets South Carolina and Texas, they're on sale.
Speaker 2: They are on sale right now, and they're going fast.
Speaker 6: They're going fast, fast, at a snail's pace, the fastest snailing the fuck.
Speaker 1: The only thing you need to know is tickets are being bought. Yeah, tickets are being tickets. Don't wait too long, dude. This is a classic tortoise and a hair situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, were they one ticket at a time? Keep stacking the tickets, dude, Yeah, keep stacking a ticket.
Speaker 2: At a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And dude, shut out in Nashville, Bro, you fucking got our heads a little big with anies. Yeah, it's gonna be a hell of a time. I don't care if there's six people and there's still them, no question.
Speaker 6: If there's fifty there, yeah we're it's gonna be the greatest time in the fucking world world. Yeah, but anyway, go go cop those Enjoy the Kirk Cousins episode by.
Speaker 1: The merch Subscribe unsubscribed to subscribe. Three hundreds happened. We achieve one goal. Let's go to the next four hundred. K here we fucking come everywhere.
Speaker 2: We're rolling right the one. We're good.
Speaker 1: Make sure when you when you talk, you have the microphone up to your mouth. And Kirk he said that his kid, his oldest kid, is extremely smart, but he's not gonna be Michael Jordan, how does that make you feel? Would you rather your kid be smarter?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 9: I feel like I've played enough sports for several generations, so I'm good. What I would a nice, nice comment, But I would like to I would like to, uh see my kids do well in school. So that's what we're set up. Well there, dude, on that note, you are like.
Speaker 6: One of the trail brick blazers. I feel like for getting guaranteed contrasts. I've tried talking about it. I mean, I've talked about it several times about how you went about doing it, But can you walk everybody through how you put yourself in that situation to get the Was it the first fully guaranteed yeah?
Speaker 2: Back contrack that big, I think.
Speaker 9: So I don't know quite going back, I don't quite know all the history, but it was one hundred percent my agent. I remember sitting at the Super Bowl after my rookie year and Joe Flacco was about to be a free agent, and he was also about to quarterback in the Super Bowl, and we sat there. I knew nothing about contracts, and my agent said, what the Ravens are going to be able to do is either sign him to a long term deal or they're going to have to franchise tag him twice. And so the entire negotiation will be based off of two franchise tags and what those two franchise tags are worth, and that's what they'll have to negotiate off of.
Speaker 2: And so I didn't know.
Speaker 9: Four years later I'd be in a similar spot where I'd finish my season becoming to free agency, and my agent just said, this is Joe Flackel all over again. It's a two year franchise tag that'll be the foundation of any negotiation. And he said, what I'd like to do is, because I see those two years being basically guaranteed, I'd like to just do a three year deal, fully guaranteed. And he offered that to the team, and obviously they were not interested in that model, and he just said, Okay, then we'll do the two franchise tags and uh, you know, two years from now. And I'm you know, simplifying it a little bit, but he said, two years from now, we'll go to Fregency and try to get that same deal, a three year deal fully guaranteed.
Speaker 2: And so that's literally what happened.
Speaker 9: I just watched my agent basically exercised what he had spoken about Joe Flacco after my rookie year, did it with me, kind of called his shot, if you will, and watched the next five years unfold exactly the way he said.
Speaker 2: And there's some risk involved in doing that and the market.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, well, injuries certainly, but if you don't play well. And I think I was in a great spot because I had great players around me, great coaches around me and was in a place where I felt I could have success, I could be effective, and so I didn't feel like I needed to just take a deal. I think sometimes as a player, you take a deal because you're concerned about maybe your play going down. And I thought, no, I think I'm going to keep improving and I've got great people around me, so I'm okay going year to year. And certainly it worked out.
Speaker 1: When you were going through the process with your agent telling you that was there ever a point of resistance for you? We're just like you talked about, like, hey, listen, like what about if I get injured? Things you can't control, right, everyone has confidence in their ability to play, but sometimes freak things happen on the field and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 9: That's a great question. I think the short answer is no. I was very comfortable with his plan and what he was doing. I knew there was risk, but I also felt like I had seen Tom Brady Terearor's ACL in two thousand and eight, and he comes back and plays another you know, decade plus. Yeah, you know, Carson Palmer's done the same thing. I think twice torn his knee and come back and play at a Pro Bowl level. So I felt like, even with an injury, you can come back at quarterback. I do think that the position was unique. There are other positions where I don't think you would want.
Speaker 2: To do what we did.
Speaker 6: Now. I think what's cool about this is I got to sit with you several times, like we were boys on the skins and explain how it was important for you to even to get to free agency because you were thinking about that stuff ahead of time. I remember sitting with you in a meeting and talking like whenever the PA or anybody would talk about contracts in BacT, what you need is somebody to get somebody higher you know, and status to get to free agency so that way they can start the domino effect for this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I know that was like a goal of yours to do something like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my agent had always said that no real great player goes to the market. Teams don't let them leave their building. And you know that's so common to just take a good deal. I mean, I think it's smart. Why need to go to the market if a team is offering you a great deal that accomplishes what you're trying to accomplish, but he did always say that somebody going to the market is the only way you could actually get guaranteed money more than just one or two years. So that was part of why going to the market, it was part of why I think my agent wanted to get a fully guaranteed deal was, Hey, we did all this to get to the market.
Speaker 8: We're going to try to get this structure.
Speaker 9: But you know, it wasn't a model that I think a lot of people have tried to follow since then. I think Deshaun Watson was was pretty much able to be a free agent while still having a contract.
Speaker 2: It's just a unique situation. So yeah, he's probably the.
Speaker 9: Other one who who was able to do it. But I do think there, you know, I've been guys who have benefited certainly from whenever another player goes to the market, another player does something.
Speaker 8: I think the whole league or all the players benefit from that in some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you have the model of fully guaranteed contract and you're fully guaranteed, people are like that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: I do think that people have not followed that, like why, because it seems like that's.
Speaker 1: When I was I met Will, when I was kind of going through my contract negotiations and he was already we just met, and he's like, why don't you do a fully guaranteed And I'm my brother like, I can't. I can't do that. Yeah, three weeks into our friendship, he's like, why don't you do a fully guaranteed And I was like, I don't think that's how the ship works for men left tackle, because the way we've said this on our ship before is, uh, quarterbacks, them big time players need to be the ones to get the fully guaranteed contract, so it becomes a normal thing, a trickle down effect for everybody else, position by position.
Speaker 2: And so you go and do it.
Speaker 1: You're the unicorn, and we don't know the whole history, but it seems like you're the only guy that's done fully guaranteed contracts and it's worked. The bank account is really fantastic, and so why why do you think these players are not following suit with that?
Speaker 2: With that uh blueprint.
Speaker 9: I think there's still pretty good contracts out there that are hard to turn down, and I think that it's still life changing, and I understand why they take the way they do the deals they do. I don't think you need to go to free agency. I think you can still have a great contract and change your life, your family's life. There's so much that again, it's you know, it's hard to turn down something that's on the table like that. I do remember when Matt Ryan was just like a month after I signed my Phrasian contract in Minnesota, Matt Ryan signed his five year extension and it was the first three years were guaranteed, but there were two more years on, so it wasn't a fully guaranteed deal. And I texted my agent to say, so, it sounds like, you know, the next quarterback wasn't going to follow our pattern, like you're asking. And my agent texted back and he said, no, actually the opposite. The three the first three years are fully guaranteed, and it's for a lot more than what you got.
Speaker 2: His point was like, he would never have gotten.
Speaker 9: That structure of three years fully guaranteed at the number he did unless you had done the deal you just did a month or two ago. Now he did tack two years on to make it more money in the front end too, yeap, But he uh, you know, it was it was still a favorable deal for him in those first three years because so that's my point that you kind of can build on the previous person each time. And I've been kind of removed from it for a while now because once I got to Minnesota and got out of free agency, I was just kind of focused on, you know, being there as long as I can, and I even after I went to the playoffs in nineteen, signed a two year extension that wasn't fully guaranteed as signing. So for me, it's just kind of been trying to you know, trying to win, trying to stay in Minnesota and create a winning situation there.
Speaker 1: When you're talking about your agent telling you that franchises don't let great players leave the area, there was there a piece of you, or maybe some ego that was like, well, I don't want to be a guy that has to leave. I value myself as a player. I am like, was there ever a time where you were fighting with staying with the then called the Redskins.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: No, you know, I think there's first of all, everybody's in their own scenario. You know, I was a fourth round pick, didn't really play a lot until my fourth year, so I understand, like, you know, it's different than being a first round pick who starts all four years. You know, so I'm aware that you know, you can move on, players move on.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 9: I remember Greg Olsen is probably a great example of a guy who to this day I always wonder like why was he allowed to go to free agency and leave and go to Carolina? But he was and he did, And so it does sometimes happen, but it's it's uncommon, you know. I remember Coach Cruden saying to me, like, we'd love to draft a tackle at one point in my time there, We'd love to draft a tackle, but you know they're not They're not like you have to draft one because great tackles are not available on free agency typically because a team who has a.
Speaker 8: Great tackle does not let them just walk out of their building.
Speaker 9: And so there's a few positions where it's like, man, we'd love to sign that in free agency, but they just don't exist. And uh, because guys do sign deals before going to the market.
Speaker 2: Why don't you think you could have got something to done with Washington?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 9: Really the message was from my agent was we want to go to the market, and if Washington is the best deal when you go to the market or the best opportunity I should say, then let's go back to Washington. That was my attitude. But where I was naive was thinking that Washington would wait on me. And they were smart because they said remember when Jay called me the day after they traded for Alex Smith, he just said, we couldn't wait on you. And I remember thinking, oh, yeah, like that makes sense. You can't just you can't just wait on me and then be left at the altar. You were smart to go proactively get a quarterback and have a plan, But the whole process for me was I still think Washington is very much the best spot for me. I would just like to go to the market first and see what is out there, and then if it's Washington, it's Washington. And I think that's the thing that people don't maybe realize is when you're drafted out of college, you're drafted, you're told what your contract is, and then your friendanchise tagged or you sign an extension, and no one ever really gets to pick their situation or see what's out there for them or truly be a free agent. So I just wanted to see that. But if it's Washington, after looking around, then it's Washington. I actually thought it probably could or would be. Yea, they just said, we just can't wait on you, and I thought, you know, you're right, that's smart.
Speaker 8: You really can't.
Speaker 2: You know, wait.
Speaker 6: Was there anything Washington could that could have done that could have changed your messaging from we want to go to the market, because you'd almost think like your messaging is like, oh, we'd like to go to the market, but if you're happy where you're at, you kind of want to yeah, long term place or anything they could have done that they didn't do.
Speaker 8: I don't think so. I think that.
Speaker 9: You know, when Sean McVay moved on, you know, that was tough to see him go. There have been so many good coaches there that had left.
Speaker 1: Brother will talk about what you guys had in there, and it's just crazy, Hey, you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I remember.
Speaker 9: That was the huge blessing of being in Washington, in addition to the players I got to play with, was to look back and say, because you know how much coaching matters in this league, to be able to say I got coached by Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Matt Lafleur, Mike McDaniel, Sean McVay, Matt Cavanaugh, Jay Gruden, like, these are the people in the quarterback room. And you know, even Raheem Morris would come down the hall and sit in in the quarterback room in OTAs when we would stay extra and stuff. It was like really really and I didn't know what at the time, which I wish I did. I just thought this must be what every quarterback room is like, and it isn't. And so to get that foundation there was career changing for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when when you left, when you left Washington in the last few years, all the stuff that's come out about the franchise, the owner, Like, were you aware of any of that stuff going on at the time or was it a complete like blindside for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you saw me different stuff has come out and I haven't followed that closely since I left, but uh yeah, I at times. Their other thing is like reports, You're like, well are these even true? I don't even know if these are true?
Speaker 6: So mainstream media media was I mean, you always felt like there was a cloud out there no matter what.
Speaker 9: You just shrugged your shoulders and you're just like, I don't know the major media market, right, you were saying when you came to the Titans, it's like a way different.
Speaker 2: It's a way different vibe. I think.
Speaker 6: So I feel like to the big leagues, right, like people come through there now you see them on TV and everything else. But yeah, going to Tennessee and rack put was like, hey, comp like, he's gonna be way He's gonna be way different.
Speaker 2: It's way different hot and you just see a few reporters standing.
Speaker 6: I mean in DC, it's just like it feels like it's just NonStop to where what's the contrast going to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: When you first started to see what was going on in Minnesota with the media.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is a little different market in Minnesota. I didn't mind the DC market. I thought that everybody was fair, and I think that at times ignorance was bliss for me and I just tried this to remove myself from it as best I could.
Speaker 8: But even going back to playing Washington.
Speaker 9: This year and seeing some of the local, uh, you know, day to day coverage of the team, seeing those guys in the tunnel, you know, it's fun to catch up with them and see them. But yeah, Minnesota is uh they do a really good job there of really you know, trying to get it right and to follow it. And there's a like Washington, there's a historic franchise there, there's a there's a fan base that goes back decades that has followed the team closely. And I think that's huge. You know, when we go play on the road at Miami or even at Washington, like the Lower Bowl on our sideline is mostly purple, and I think that's that's not every team, and so that's huge to be able to play for a team like that.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: So going to uh, going to Minnesota, you guys, there's so much talent on that team. Is what is it going to take for Minnesota to become true contenders in the NFL?
Speaker 9: Well, I think when you win thirteen games, you know you're doing something right. So I do think we were able to find the inches this past year, which the previous year we were not. We felt we had a really good football team in twenty twenty one and we just were unable to find those inches. And in this league, those inches kind of ore everything because we're all pretty good. So we found them more on twenty twenty two to get to thirteen wins. But if you kind of looked behind the numbers, you could kind of see there were some spots where we.
Speaker 2: Can be a lot better.
Speaker 9: So, you know, and again, we have like a high number of free agents this year, so you feel like coming back for Otia's in April, that the locker room will be a lot different. And I don't like that feeling because I liked our group so much. So I'm really hoping we can re sign as many of these guys as possible and try to keep the group together as best we can. But NFL stands for not for long, so you know that it's always changing.
Speaker 1: What position group do you think like this is a tough one because it's like there's gonna be guys they're going to hear this that play these position groups where we Do you think you were lacking on the offensive side of the ball this year?
Speaker 2: Was it offensive line? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I would often say, like I go into games and I don't feel like we are lacking the horses, which is huge because I think there are quarterbacks who break the huddle and they're like, man, we got limitations here. I don't feel that, you know, I think more my concern is like a lot of those guys that I didn't feel we were lacking. Are free agents, you know, Garrett Bradbers or free agent Alex Madison's are free agents. So that's more of the challenges. Can we bring those guys back? And I also think we were in year one with our head coach, with our system. While there's some similarities and carry over to every system, there were also a lot that was new. So I do think that to be in year two together as a group would also really help take next steps to really feel like, okay OTA's is not feeling like your rookie year all over again, but feeling like y're two in this, in this system, in this program.
Speaker 1: When you're with those guys being free agents, do you is there a level of relationship you have with upstairs where you can be like, hey, I want to keep these guys around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean when you say that, I know the answer back is so would we. Yeah, there's a salary cap and there's uh, we.
Speaker 2: Both know the salar caps not real.
Speaker 9: It's a They definitely can can work through things to push money out.
Speaker 2: But I think that.
Speaker 9: Players I got we just started this conversation saying we'd like to go to the market. I think there's value in that. I think so is Carrit Bradbury and Alex Mesin going to say that that, hey, we want to go to the market too and see what's out there and so and I you know, when I say to them, I say, I want you back as a Viking, I also want what's best for you and for your family in this business. And and you understand that, and they understand that, and so anyways, it's that's where I think the NFL has succeeded as a business, is that they make February interesting, they make March interesting, they make April interesting. Like there's very few months of the year where you're like, there's not something that's very followable about this league, and somehow they've done that better than I think any other sports league.
Speaker 1: It's a fine line between wanting guys to stick around for the betterment of the team and for you and also wanting them to get what they.
Speaker 4: Deserve, right.
Speaker 9: That is the difficult part of this business that I dislike is that because it's not a true like free market, there is a callery cap You had his dance of man, I want I want them to be on our team playing with us, But I also want what's best for them, and you're like, ah, and so you do have to treat it like a business and not take it personal when a guy moves on because you know that that was what was best for him.
Speaker 2: The character of chains, let's talk about that about it? How did that get going? Yeah?
Speaker 10: You and you embracing it getting shirtless on the plane, or you're the guy with a sleepy six pack. Yeah, and I'm sleepy that you don't really And for somebody who boxed the glasses on, you're like, you're gonna, oh ship, the dude's gotta wash.
Speaker 2: Going on a little bit too. I like that who blocks out the noise? You know, he was kind of taking that one in.
Speaker 1: He has he doesn't have notifications on a Twitter, but that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 9: Started on the way back from London, Christian dearrisa. I had just got in his chain with c d on it with the spinner and and we we wanted London on a double doint miss field goal by the same you want to talk about finding the inches, Yeah, the thing going south to side bar, off the crossbar and back out towards the field. And so we got an eight hour flight back to Minnesota and I hop on the plane and it's like a nightclub. I mean, people got boomboxes rocking. You know, guys got whatever they want. They're just sitting on the no one's sitting. Everybody's kind of standing in the aisles and kneeling on their chair and stuff. And yeah, somewhere in that before we'd taken off, I think we might even been delayed to take off. So guys are just trying to you know, have fun with the time. And his chain ends up on me, and uh, well it's not as he just fell on you, right like me, So on the way to London, sitting there.
Speaker 1: And like all just oriented, they grabbed you and held you down, like put the cane on Kirk.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of I'm kind of putting on CD on blast year.
Speaker 9: But on the way to London, I'm like, you know, locked in, Like I got my my you know, light glasses to block out the light. I'm trying to get adjusted. I've I got my sleep, I know, like the rhythm of like get your food. Then this time you go down to sleep like I'm trying to be locked in. Yeah, I lay down to sleep. I'm like twenty minutes of sleep and behind me, someone's just like sawing logs and I'm like, oh no, like I got like six hours and I can't sleep.
Speaker 8: I put on like headphones, I still hear him. It's CD, like he's.
Speaker 2: Right behind me. And we finally land in London.
Speaker 9: And Zadarius wakes up and he looks back and he's like, CD, man, like, you got to get that fixed. Like that's crazy to work on that show. Because I was like, here's right right there, and you heard him. I'm sitting right here next to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So anyway, so that was on the way there. By the way back, ceed's still right behind me and so yeah, he he. We're just kind of all hanging out, you know, enjoying the music and socializing and yeah, next thing I know, someone's put the chain around me and they got it. Next thing, you know, I don't even know how to how to tie it up, but uh, but they put it on me and then and then you know, power of social media. So you didn't ask for the chain, You didn't say, hey, I'm him, I didn't ask for it, but uh, but the spinner was also kind of a huge part of it. Was big Fish Spinner I can't exactly get it long enough for them to get it on you. Yeah, so then the next away victory, coming back, you know, it's just same thing. Although it was everybody's chain and then and then from there it was this year, it's got to come off, and then from there I know where to go, which was a mistake. My big biggest regret from the season, besides losing in the playoffs, was that I didn't get a grill.
Speaker 1: Oh, you would be outstanding with a grill. Could you imagine you're showing up in August. There's still time, but in August with a grill, So I can't imagine. I think it'd be epic. I can Yeah, I don't know that world either.
Speaker 4: What that is?
Speaker 2: What you just said? I don't know. Yeah, you know that world, I wink it's a must.
Speaker 9: I think it would have been better though this season, you know, while it was still fresh, always still had the momentum. I know.
Speaker 1: I think you show up January twenty fifth at the first press conference of the Minnesota Vikings season opening press conference and you have a dark gold, like that grungy gold.
Speaker 2: Thing, Like that's why I didn't get done?
Speaker 9: Was like, Okay, where do I get one in terms of like, I probably gonna go like a dentist to get it shaped or whatever. And then where do I go to get the actual paraphernalia on there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but but JJ did say he because he has one. He's like, I got you, you know, I got all the people. I just never I never like, I never like moved on it to actually get it done.
Speaker 2: So so this season, are we going to see you with a with a grill at some point?
Speaker 9: You think, I don't know, I don't know. That's that's I mean, it's still early in twenty twenty three July.
Speaker 2: You want to see that, don't you. So I'll be outstanding if you do that. You should get faked back the whole thing.
Speaker 9: For me, the best part of the whole thing for me was the timing of wearing the chains and then the coming back from Miami. I had like a white T shirt on and black like athletic pants our travel suit. Yeah, the white T shirt, the chains and the black travel suit. And then we come back from the bye week. It's right around Halloween, and we go to play the Cardinals the day before Halloween, and there's all these fans in warm ups with black pants, a white T shirt and chains as I tucked in as a Halloween costume, and I was like, that's when you know this is bigger than me, like when it was becoming a Halloween costume in Minnesota. This is fund And then you get a little kid at Thanksgiving and the Thanksgiving game, a little kid who's wearing shirtless the whole game would change.
Speaker 2: Sitting in his chair, dude, I.
Speaker 6: Love that you You mentioned you mentioned a minute ago biggest regret losing the playoffs.
Speaker 2: What is your biggest regret of that game? And why is it?
Speaker 6: Third down throwing a yeah, a three yard route on fourth and eleven game?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so third down on the final drive, we got man coverage for a play that is meant to be man coverage. And I can't remember if we had a can on it, if we didn't get mad or what, but we got man and I'm thinking, yes, like this is perfect and.
Speaker 8: The ball, you know, man coverage is going to be tight coverage.
Speaker 9: And the ball was throwing like one foot behind kJ Osborne and if it's just a foot out in front of him, he catches that runs up and we're now hopefully in the strike zone, high red zone with a chance to go, it would probably go for two and try to win the game right there.
Speaker 8: So that was the most frustrating to play fourth.
Speaker 9: Down, you know, with where my read went and where my eyes went and Dexter Lawrence was coming, I felt like my options were either throw it out to TJ or take a sack in that moment. And if I had taken a sack, the optics probably look better. It probably looks like, you know, ah man, I got to protect him, you know, but when you get rid of the ball to avoid the sack, then it looks like you're the idiot. So but certainly third down was where I was felt like I was the idiot by not making that throw when you knew it was when you as man coverage and you threw a foot off. Did you bring that into the fourth down? Was there trouble with the memory?
Speaker 2: What's important?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What's next? Next play?
Speaker 9: You know, when we say cliche the game is played one play at a time, that's really how it's played. Like you play whatever happens you next play, and you just go next play, next by next play, And that includes like fourth and eighteen against Buffalo when the play comes in, Like you don't have a play for fourth and eight team, but when the play comes in, you're like, okay, next play. How do we execute fourth and eighteen? If we're calling this route and this concept and you know there's a time out. In that moment, you're able to kind of talk with the team like, Hey, this is the plan. This is how we're gonna execute this. You understand percentages are low, but you also have to have a plan.
Speaker 2: JJ's up there somewhere. Yeah, exactly when.
Speaker 6: There is no next play in your right you're jogging off the field. What's going through your head at that time when it's all when it really.
Speaker 2: Is over, and you're like fuck yeah, not a good feeling.
Speaker 9: And what's funny about our team this year is because we had always kind of found a way in those one score games, like in Buffalo when.
Speaker 2: They fumble and we get watched down on their one yard line.
Speaker 9: There's a part of you even that's like, as you're walking off not converting that fourth down, you're kind of like still believing, like, what what could happen?
Speaker 2: What's the but you realize, no, they're just gonna go out and take a knee. And like it's over.
Speaker 8: Do you ever it's hard to accept it.
Speaker 6: Do you ever think like, did you ever think during that time frame, like I'm gonna get killed for this because there's this, there's this, there's this of Kirk.
Speaker 2: Cousins that I saw I'll fight anybody over.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 6: It's like, the man's gonna get you four thousand yards. Ye, he's going to get you one of the better qbrs. He's going to get you one of the better ratios in the league. But when it comes down to that killer instinct moment or just a play that anybody turns to say that fourth and eleven or the image when you when it doesn't happen for you, it's like, you know, people's mind might go there, even though you've won big games and everything else. Do you feel like you hear that and do you feel like it's something It's like, man, I got to shake this at some point.
Speaker 8: Well, I think playing quarterback you'll always have that.
Speaker 9: I think that you want to make sure that you care about the people who are in a position to judge. So people are in a position to judge, like I need I need to hear it. I need to be coached by it and you listen to it. I need to fix it.
Speaker 8: People aren't a position to judge.
Speaker 9: I think you can drive yourself crazy if you try to, you know, prioritize that or listen to that, and people are going to say what they what they kind of want to say. So yeah, you have to be big enough to just block it out if you will, or if you hear it, to just be able to be the bigger person and just move forward. But you know, it's not even be the bigger person because they have a job to do and if their job is to criticize or to point, then they're doing their job and that's fine. So you know, you and you understand, like guys like Tom Brady get it like they get they get, you know, stuff thrown at them when all they've done is win seven Super Bowls.
Speaker 8: So you know, you understand it. You're no one's immune to it. No one's immune to it.
Speaker 9: You just you just try to play the best you can and find ways to win and be as successful as you can. And I know that winning tends to secure a lot because there were games where I would walk away feeling like, man, I should really get it, you know, after this game, come away from this game, but we won, and I'd go to the postgame press and it'd be so easy because we won. People just didn't give me a hard time. So I do feel like winning kind of covers over everything. And then the opposite is true if you're playing out of your mind but you're losing, like as a quarterback, like must be something wrong with you, you know?
Speaker 6: Is that? Does that ever get difficult with dealing with like going through the noise? Because you have a good head on your shoulders, you always have to do a good job compartmentalizing, as you know, the mental game is something you.
Speaker 2: Have to constantly work on.
Speaker 6: Well said, do some of those years or some of those moments are they more difficult than others?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, I.
Speaker 9: I mean I could go on and on about how you know you don't sleep well night after a loss or a week, you know, going a week like we lose to the Packers week seventeen. I think it was like I don't sleep well for like three days, you know, and uh, it just weighs. You internalize it too much where you have to say, like you know, there's something wrong with me, like how do I how do I work through this so that I can handle it better because this isn't sustainable. And what you know, coach McVeigh has kind of dealt with of do I keep coaching or not. I think that a lot of us as players kind of go through that every year of like do I come back for another year or do I subject myself to that? Because it's not from the outside, it's like internal torment that you do to yourself, you know where I've heard Tom Brady say and I would agree wholeheartedly with this that I hope my two boys, Cooper and Turner, find a passion that that they can have in life the way I found football. But I hope they never feel the torment that football has also given me, just because of the way I internalize it and the way I grind at it. The game does kind of torment you in a way that I hope my boys never have to experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what does the future look like for you? Well, talk about those conversations. Yeah, it's a conversation you probably had.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think you know, Julie and I after the season we talk and it's like are we are we going back around the horn again? And right now, you know, we feel yes, you know, we want to keep going, but it does feel very year to year, you know, in terms of every year, what are you going to do next? And uh, you know, for me, it's just trying to trying to win a Super Bowl, trying to win as many games as we can and do whatever it kind of whatever it takes to to to do that to get there. And hopefully that's you know, keeping our locker room together and taking another big step in twenty twenty three and and then you know, go from there.
Speaker 1: I want to pivot to college because I want to. I went to Michigan, Yes you did, which is a long ways from Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a long way from Phoenix. But good for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. I appreciate that. I was a desert rat. I just wanted to see four seasons and I found out real quick.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: No, I think you've learned real fast. Yeah, I'll learned real fast. Why did you make the mistake of going to Michigan State. Uh, well, you make the mistake of.
Speaker 9: Going to Michigan State, And that's what you want to call it when you don't have any other options Michigan.
Speaker 8: Michigan didn't offer, Michigan never offered.
Speaker 9: They got a guy named Ryan Mallett in my recruiting class from Texas who committed so early that they were pretty much not even looking, and you were the better get there.
Speaker 2: Well, my journey was bloomer, very late, blamer. What's he doing?
Speaker 8: Do you even know what he's doing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 8: I don't a pro career, but yeah, he was a I.
Speaker 4: Can and I know that.
Speaker 9: Wouldn't have worked out well for me because Lloyd Carr retired after my freshman year.
Speaker 8: Coach Rodriguez comes in.
Speaker 9: Probably wouldn't have fit his system as well as Nard Robinson did, so probably wouldn't have worked out for me either.
Speaker 8: But Michigan stand the other hand, was a perfect fit.
Speaker 9: You got to go on a pro style offense, got to have the same head coach, same quarterback coach all five years, got to play with great players all around me. They just kept recruiting better and better every year, and it could not have worked out better, Which is funny because I was not a big recruit, and so typically when you're a big recruit, you got to go somewhere that maybe you don't want to go to.
Speaker 2: As much or may not be as good of a fit.
Speaker 9: But for me not being a big recruit and not having any big ten offers in Michigan State offering. I look back and I say, if I had had fifty offers and could have gone to Michigan or Notre Dame or these other places, I probably would have made a bad decision. Like it's a good thing that Michigan State was my only option because it sent me to a place that literally could not have been better.
Speaker 1: When do you go into the rivalry for the Paul Bunyan Trophy, Like what is how? What's like Michigan State's like rally rally, cry to beat Michigan. They're pompous, they think they're better than you. It's a good questioner, assholes, I think. I remember we lost in seven. We were up ten with seven minutes left. I'm read storting, I'm not playing. I say we we lost by We lost on she had Henny and Mario Manningham. I think a couple of touchdowns and we lose. And I remember walking off the field and there was a blue and yellow, amazing blue sign in the audience in the crowd that just said still arrogant. And I remember kind of walking off like yep, yep, yep, And so I think that was kind of the the motivation then for those next four years, and uh crushed us, right you had three and one again, Yeah, we did, and we didn't like two thousand yeah, well the time I was there, well, two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and eight I didn't play.
Speaker 9: We won in the Big House, and then twenty nine, ten, eleven I played, but.
Speaker 2: You guys won. Yeah, yeah, but but still I went gonna be like, we dropped one.
Speaker 10: In the next three years I played, Yeah, don't even know he won, just I played Michigan.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair to Michigan. It was the Dark years, correct turnover with Coach Rodriguez. Every year I was at Michigan would qualify as the Dark Years.
Speaker 9: So Coach Carr retires, he kind of built a certain style of play, and then Coach Riguez comes in with kind of a different, different style. He's got to recruit his guys, and then by the time he had done that, he was like, oh, and now Coach Hope comes in to try to return to what Coach Carr was doing to some degree, but it was almost like now we still have Now we have Coach Rodd's players. So there were there was a lot of terms, so it was kind of timing wise, it was good timing to be Michigan State, if you will.
Speaker 2: It was terrible.
Speaker 4: It was terrible.
Speaker 9: Well, but uh yeah, it's just for me. I grew up in the state. You were from Phoenix. I grew up in the States. So like I knew, if I go back to Holland, Michigan, there's going to be a lot of people there that are amazed and blue and a lot of people that are green and white. And so it's very very personal, very real to me. And Coach Dantonio would always say that you win this game, you walk the streets, not the alleys of your hometown.
Speaker 2: And I would sit there there and I would nod my head, like that's absolutely right.
Speaker 9: Like I know eighth Street in downtown Holland, and I know I'm going to be on a street in downtown Holland the rest of my life. And I know that I'm trying to walk the streets of that town the rest of my life. And so when we won my senior year, to have won four in a row, and I knew that in the years I played, we were three and oh that's when I said it at the press conference, like I'm going to walk the streets in my hometown the rest of my life. And I'm not saying this like with any kind of hyperbole. I'm literally going to walk the streets to my town with the Michigan State symbol on, knowing that like when I was there, we took care of business. So it is personal and it is very real to me because I grew up in the state.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's that was fire. That was really good. I'm upset. Yeah what about now though? Now how good Michigan?
Speaker 1: So they get back to walking the streets because they've been tucked into the alleys for a.
Speaker 8: Couple of years.
Speaker 9: My freshman year or my sorry, my rookie year with Washington, we lost in Michigan State lost a Notre Dame, and I would be like, you know, upset.
Speaker 8: I was like, ah, you know, and I'm a rookie.
Speaker 9: And Rex Grossmith said to me is like, I think every year you're in the NFL longer, you kind of lose touch with your college program more and more.
Speaker 8: It's just kind of the way it goes.
Speaker 9: You'll kind of look back in your ten like I'm at and you'll kind of be like, yeah, I'm not as close to the program as it used to be, and I think that's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think, I think I think it's true.
Speaker 9: I just you know, Coachy Antonio is retired now, all that staff has moved on. I don't know anybody at the program as well. I still follow it. I still, you know, love it. Coaches obviously still in the basketball program is the same, which is great, but even that'll change at some point, and so it is a little harder to like.
Speaker 8: Stay close to it.
Speaker 9: I'll probably try to go back to a spring practice this year and say hello to people. But you know, life goes on and you follow it, but it is harder to stay real close to it when yeah.
Speaker 2: What about the blackshirt defense.
Speaker 9: Let's talk about twenty eleven no in Memorial Stadium. Yeah, my worst off performance. We can, I can I get on a soapbox about this. Go ahead, Yah, Okay. So I have deep respect for Coach Pollini, and there's a few defensive coordinators and head coaches who are defensive minded head coaches that I've gone against through the years where I walk off the field at the end of the game and I'm like smart fish, like that guy knows what he's doing, and it was saving. We played Alabama and it was PLAINI we played Nebraska, those two where you're like, he's getting like he watched tape this week and he had a plan and he was his plan like it was good, good plan.
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 9: So he good players like Levante David and Will Compton and Alfonso Dinard and you know Crick and all those guys. But uh, but no, I just remember they had a they had like a really good plan. You guys had a really good plan and it showed in the statline with you for a DRS No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I would always bring that up with on Lincoln. Yeah, I was in Lincoln. How were the fans incredibly nice to you after the game? Yeah? I think they that was that was something we were going into the game. They told us it would be like and then getting Filippines in the stance in Nebraska.
Speaker 9: So we were walk off the field and we got our tails kicked and they were just good job. Guys could try. You know, it's wild he gets in your head. Yeah, but they had also I can't remember if that was when they had they hadn't built the third deck like that stadium's huge.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I think it's like ninety something. Yeah it was.
Speaker 8: It was, you know, like seventy five eighty back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a loud though. Leini had it rolling. Yeah we were rolling. Do you look back, like, bro, Michigan State were you they? Yeah? You were scholarship from the get go?
Speaker 8: Right, yep, okay, yep you look back?
Speaker 2: So I didn't mean any disrespect there. Fourth round pick in the career you've had, do you like look back and you're like, yo, yeah, how w in the fuck did this come about? You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like obviously totally it's gonna work. I've been around you, like you work your tail off. But it's like, yeah, it's like while looking back on, like, man, we really did it when we as and you and your wife, not.
Speaker 4: Me and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know we do it. Yeah, Well it wasn't a big piece of that. You were like, don't take anything away for your brother all the time.
Speaker 9: Yes, if you yes, if you had seen me in high school, you know, I remember going to get an office to Michigan, get offered the Michigan State and accepting and kind of I remember the narrative around town in my hometown got back to me like good for him, but like he's not gonna play. There, you know, like it's cool that he got a scholarship and like, but he's not gonna play.
Speaker 2: I mean you were not like yeah, I remember seeing the old photos.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so to even like I remember, the goal was like get a scholarship. I just get a scholarship. That'd be so cool. And then it was like maybe, but we'll ever play, Like if I could just play, you know, start a game, that'd be incredible. Then you do that and it's like, well I can actually like be good, like maybe we could like win the Big Ten. And then we did that, and it's like like maybe I could like one time, like we're an NFL helmet. Like I remember when I went to Washington got drafted and I put on the helmet and went out to mini camp practice. I remember thinking like, well I get cut today, Like at least I wore an NFL helmet, Like that's pretty cool to make it that far. And then you make the team and you're like get into a game and you're like I'm playing in the NFL. So it's just this kind of gradual progression and now you're saying like it's funny because I'll say to my wife like, I don't think I could be I could walk away from this career if we don't win a super Bowl.
Speaker 8: I don't think I could ever really like feel peace about.
Speaker 2: It thinking back to these things. And you're like, I think you've had a good run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what happens with like our job or anybody who's trying to have massive success. It's like you set a goal, you reach it, and it's like, for whatever reason, you sit there and you're like, you put the NFL helmet on.
Speaker 2: You're like, why don't I feel one hundred percent?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: Antonio always say to me the moment.
Speaker 1: You get in front of the mirror before you go out to practice, you got the helmet on, You're looking like this is I did it. But then like two seconds later you're like, but what am I going to do next? What if I don't do anything with this, then I'm a failure? And then it's always something else, and it's like all I mean, you.
Speaker 9: Think winning a Super Bowl, I think when you talk to people who have won it, pull it's over bub Well, well, when you talk to people have won it, they make it very clear that that didn't That didn't fix everything.
Speaker 8: Damn, that just frocks everything.
Speaker 9: Like like you get about two months, you get about two months of like, man, we did it, and then you realize, like we got high expectations, like there's no reason we shouldn't do this again, and like anything less than this is not acceptable, and so it never ends, I guess, but but yeah, Coach Antonio used to tell me there's a book called The Dream Giver and that he loves, and he would tell me, you know when you in that book is chasing a dream. You climb one mountain, you get to the top of the mountain, you look around, you realize there's just more mountains to climb, and he's like, you can you can stop at that top of that mountain for a second, look around and take it in. But like in life, there will always be that next mountain to climb, and certainly in the football journey, we've all lived that.
Speaker 2: You were draft in the fourth round. RGI three was drafted in the first round.
Speaker 6: He was gonna be the franchise guy, and you kind of sat behind him until you didn't.
Speaker 2: Do you do you look back on that? Can you speak back on like over.
Speaker 6: Making the climb to become the guy in that whole process unfolding with RG three being like the face of the franchise, and you're kind of like, you know, they're like integrating you into with all the drama and all the noise surrounding the whole thing, and you're just you're just like, well, I'm gonna go out here, and you know, once you get on the field, you're like, you know, let me play well enough to not to not be replaceable?
Speaker 2: Can you can you talk about that?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 9: First of all, the model was, you know, back up Robert and support him, and if I play well in preseason games, I'm gonna get an opportunity somewhere in the trade. Kyle Shannam made that very clear from the day I was drafted, and Rex Grossman said to me, you know, this offense, playing well is in your best interest because when a quarterback can be a part of a really good offense, I think it makes other teams want you more. So when when you know we had a great year, our rookie year. I really just watched this griff one Rookie of the Year, and Rex made the point like this is really good, you know for your career to just be watching someone playing at this level is really really good. And I agreed, and then and I just assumed, again, not knowing how the pro football works, I just assumed we'd run it back and be able to do the same thing. And the next year we went three and thirteen, and so you quickly realize just how hard this league is. And then coach Cruden came in, and that next year we went four and twelve, and again you realize, like, man, this is really hard. And then going into fifteen, you know, you're just kind of competing, understanding that maybe if you practice well enough, you might get a shot. And then that was when Jay made the decision going into you know, twenty fifteen season, near the end of camp, you know, the end of preseason, that okay, we're going to go with Kirk. But even then it was like, I got to play well enough to stay out there, you know. And I remember the game against Bucks. We got down twenty four to nothing, and the buye was the next week, So if we don't win that game, you know, I've heard some people say on that staff they thought they were all going to get fired if we didn't win that game, and I probably don't come back after the buy week because it's starting quarterback. So we were one half away from probably it never going the way it did. We come back and win that game thirty one thirty and then I yell you like that, and you know it, bro, And we never really looked back, but but you know, you do realize how close it was to going the other way.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't we get it done in Washington? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So we were at the Pro Bowl this past few Yeah, And that's what made me think of it too.
Speaker 6: It's like he's crushing in the media world and he's sitting there interviewing you, and I'm sitting there looking at that photo, like, man, they really went through some stuff. Whether they're even not that you guys were never friends, but you're almost you're you're a lot wiser now, you're more mature. You're kind of just you're both doing everybody's doing their thing and everybody's saying for each other, and you went through some like tumultuous times where it's like it seemed like you guys were rivals and you guys just kind of had the Whether that storm, whether he's kind of looking at you, You're looking at him. But it was kind of like I saw that photo and that's what made me think about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, first of all, Griff's really smart, really articulate, and he really knows the league.
Speaker 8: So what he does now he's good at doing. He's really good at it.
Speaker 9: But yeah, he uh, you know, he just did the post interview with me and Eli, and I had talked to him earlier in the week with the skills challenge and stuff, and got caught up.
Speaker 8: I just hadn't seen him.
Speaker 9: I hadn't seen him in like maybe six seven years because we hadn't played each other right after twenty fifteen, and so I just never had run into him. And it was great to see him. Great to get caught up, and you know, he's you know, he put his arm around me after we finished the interview and just said, hey, man, like I'm in your corner, and it was just really good to connect with him. And I just looked back and I just said, you know, likewise, but you know, I'll never forget now being a starting quarterback and understanding how hard it is to do the job. I'll never forget what you did your rookie year, Like no fear coming in as a rookie and just taking over and making plays and putting your body on the line, and the mental, physical toughness, learning a new system, moving to a new city, taking on all that pressure of the media, everything, Like the way he handled it was just incredible. And I just told him that and and I'll tell anyone the rest of my life like what he did that year was incredible.
Speaker 2: You got anything else, buddy, I'm solid. Hey, thank you for coming on, man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Great now, you don't do this a whole lot, so I really do appreciate it and parent and talking about all this time.
Speaker 2: Either I don't know you too well.
Speaker 1: You have an unbelievable career, you know, brother, hold on, there's so much more.
Speaker 2: But this guy, this guy is why I'm here.
Speaker 9: And uh uh, you know, I I'm always when I go through life, I'm looking for leaders because I think that leadership. Everything rises and falls on leadership, and quite frankly, I think leaders are hard to find. And this guy's a leader. He's a leader of leaders because he can build relationship with people. He can connect with anybody in our locker room, anybody in our locker room from West Coast, East Coast, inner city suburbs.
Speaker 8: You know farm boy.
Speaker 9: He can connect with anybody at any time, at any level. He's he's he's engaging. He's funny, but he's smart, he studies, he's tough. Like I keep a list of my phone of people I would hire if I ever start a company, and like, right there is the I would hire to like run the company for me. Brother is a man. Ye put my piece out there. He is why I'm sitting on this chair. And here is why I think this podcast will go as far as it wants to go. And I plan on when I retiring football, giving him a call and saying what are we doing?
Speaker 2: So that's all time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. No, no, no, no, no, you know I listen. You guys have a great relationship.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you coming on because of Will. I'm just looking to be a part of it.