Speaker 1: I'm an over talker when I'm not even nervous situation, but like when I just want to make sure that the other person isn't awkward, I'm like, oh, I'll fill the space.
Speaker 2: I will fill all the fucking space. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'll be finished eating my pistachios. No, don't you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I've been really doing, and welcome everybody to the pregame. I've been This is very rude of me.
Speaker 1: I've been eating while I've been talking on the phone and catching up with people, and I don't have time exactly, so I'm eating while i'm doing Like, oh great when I sit down and have my salad. I did this today and then I was on the phone and I was eating. I was like, no, one wants to hear the crunch of the salary during that. You better be paying me a salary to hear that. Welcome everyone to the pregame. It's questions you guys submit and want us to answer, which is honestly I got to say. I mean, I love the full podcast, but pregame really makes me happy. You know, all of it dies all of this, uh Anonymous? Our favorite? Is it weird if you don't talk to the guy you're seeing every day?
Speaker 2: Or is space good? Oh? You take this one. I'm curious to hear what you think.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting to know where are you in seeing him? Are you early in the game, because I don't think you have to talk every day now, if you're married with a kid, I would suggest communication every day is good. I don't know, Like I mean, before we got married, even engaged, it was like, you know, a check in, and I need that in my life.
Speaker 1: But I think early in the relationship, what do you mean by that? What's your your version of a check in? Like is it good morning? Is it a few hours into the day and you're like, Hey, how's your day going?
Speaker 2: Like what's yours?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that's a very fine line with people like you and I We're gonna get annoyed really quick.
Speaker 2: Or what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, just get your thoughts. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think A big one for me was I hate to say it, but like a lot of times I would have games on the weekend and he would be playing on a Saturday night and I would go to bed before his game was over, and I would want to know, are you off the ice okay, like no injuries? Did you get home from the because they would land at like two or three in the morning, So did you get back okay? I mean this was before we had locations on and all that stuff like where I could check okay, goodies home? But yeah, I just would want to know, did you get out of the game healthy?
Speaker 2: Are you's?
Speaker 3: You know, that's kind of my thing. Other than that, I don't need a lot of conversation, you know, before we were married. That's my whole thing about golf is like I don't need to talk to you for eight hours unless there's an explosion at the house.
Speaker 2: I just need a got here good? All is good? What about you? I don't know. I got distracted by your nails. They look really great. You just got have done. And that's a new color for you. Actually, Johnson, can I say john got a color lawn? You'll see him.
Speaker 1: We can see him if you guys can That means you're just listening to this. They look fantasic, no, says I mean in a good way.
Speaker 2: No, there's I.
Speaker 3: Think, as Jillian Gregory said, best nails you've ever had.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Then John slon here in Manhattan Beach, or she'll come to your house.
Speaker 2: You know whoa well, they look fantastic.
Speaker 1: My quick answer on the question of how much communication when you first start seeing each other or when you're seeing each other, I need some attention.
Speaker 2: I'm going to need you to text me.
Speaker 1: If I don't, if I go all because if you're not going to make the effort at the beginning of the relationship, when you're supposed to be really into it, then what are we doing four years in? I need I need to know that you're interested. I don't want to have to do the math. I don't want to have to guess like does he like me?
Speaker 2: Does he not like me?
Speaker 1: Inundate me and then I'll tell you if it's too much. But give me a high hello and give me a good night and something in the middle.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want to be inundated. I do.
Speaker 1: Shower me with love, tell me, tell me how great I am.
Speaker 2: That was a good song back in the day.
Speaker 4: Shell me with your love.
Speaker 2: Who was that? Who was that? As a guy? Ryan?
Speaker 3: I'll figure it out, all right, you're up, Hey, Meghan ian g Meghan NG six one six.
Speaker 2: How has your friendship changed since Mac was born?
Speaker 1: I talked to you. You do I feel like we text? Well, we we text a lot anyways, but I feel like ye with Matt, with our Jarrety new text chain. Steve's really needs to know what's going on with Mac at all times. So I feel like there's since it's multiple communication, like you and me, you tust each other and then group texts about Macaron.
Speaker 3: So I think we talk more. Can I say something? I don't think that has anything to do with Mac. I think it has everything to do with us. Stop it not that Oh I thought you were going to say the baby thing. I was like, not today, sister, No, I think it has everything to do with us, Like, yeah, being like the four of us being super tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you actually wanting to talk to my significant other?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my has been actually liking him and wanting to go out with him and like, you know, wanting to side chat and you know, ask him what he's packing for a particular trip we're going on in Can.
Speaker 1: I just say, and I know we talk a lot, you know, we'll talk more about the talk that I had with Steve in the big, the big show, I mean big talks on I don't know what is this big, big show, big talk, but I it is. I have never ever had a relationship, and I haven't had a lot of serious relationships, but I've the ones that have been serious are like marriages or plus two years of dating. I've never been in a serious relationship where you've ever been on a text chain with the significant other, which tells you everything you need to know about the past. So that's why the windshields bigger than the roo of your mirror. You know, we're only looking forward, we're moving. We're shaken, folks, we're proven. Oh yeah, So that's how my relationship I think has changed.
Speaker 2: And just I don't know. I want to hear what's going on with Macaron that little video of him.
Speaker 1: Do you want to share the news about mac on the video Max walking, Max.
Speaker 2: Walking, It's a big deal. It was shaking. Life is over.
Speaker 3: But we had a funny Jared sent a funny video to Charissa and Steve. Mac wiped out and we were just so proud of his recovery. Picked himself up, looked around, grabbed his lovey, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, any who We're like, not a baby the exactly and the first video she sent me of mac walking was multi talented, kicks the soccer bar, then starts walking and we're like the kids playing soccer and he's walking. Things have changed since I've seen him in two weeks. Next up, we got K. M. Gould, The eighty eight two to two Crazy Plain Story. Woman next to me stuck her head out and said share. Oh excuse me, hand out and said share in quotes when I took out my snack, what s knowed you have done? That's insanity. People have lost their minds, lost their God damn mine asking to share with a stranger, sure, not going to especially when you ask. I will do this on a plane. I will say, like if I'm opening up a mint like a mint box thing and like someone's next to me, I'll be like, oh, do you want one? No, I'm not asking for them to reach into that thing. If it's like tiktac, I can, you know, shovel some out. But no, you can't ask for somebody else's food.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I was on a plane one time next to what is it?
Speaker 1: Ambrosio Alexander, Alexandra.
Speaker 2: Alexander ratio and this was Victoria's secret days.
Speaker 3: I was first class next to her, cropping my pants like, oh my god, what she ordered? I ordered like all the things like I just was like, oh my god. And then when she would take stuff out of her purse, I would like look because I was like, I have to get that, like that's amazing.
Speaker 2: She took out.
Speaker 1: Like I remember this face ray and she's like, want to try some And I was like sure, couldn't wait to do it.
Speaker 2: So excited I just hit my microphone, offered me gump. I took it.
Speaker 1: I took everything she was serving. Yes, sure it was great. You'll love building out on that runway. But anyhow, I was on my way to New York one time and I was sitting next to Bella Hadid and same exact thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, what she doing? Whatever?
Speaker 1: This is when she was dating the weekend she was facetiving him, and I was like, I kept going like a real creep. I was like going like this, like looking in at their conversation. She was I mean, look, she's face, she's doing what.
Speaker 2: I don't like. She's facetiming on a plane before takeoff.
Speaker 1: But in this particular case, there was an expension, yes the weekend, and this was a weekday, so I was like, we're fine.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: The sweet flight a flight attendant came around and she was taking her order and I was like, oh, I'll have the salad. And then she asked bella and she's like, I'll have the spaghetti or pasta. I was like, ILL have the pasta too. I was like, if the model's having the pasta, all have the pasta.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's really great when you see beautiful people in person and you're like, wow, you're like really pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really pretty.
Speaker 1: To go back to your original question, yeah, sorry sweek old eight two two insane. I would have said absolutely not, but let me see if the flight attendant up there has anything.
Speaker 2: If you're hungry, I think I would have.
Speaker 3: Smacked her hand like she was playing the hand game, you know, like gotcha, now you go ahead.
Speaker 2: I feel like you would have done that. You for sure would have.
Speaker 3: You're up, Anonymous. My husband and I are in a huge funk. Following up hardier tips to get out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate funks, but I feel like you have to go through them to kind of just find your way out of it. Find new things.
Speaker 1: Talk about like your mister and missus mentioned that, and then I'll give an input when you talk.
Speaker 2: I think that helps.
Speaker 3: One of my best girls, Ashley Phipps, you know or you love her ct she she always.
Speaker 2: Brings us up. We're on.
Speaker 3: We had a mister and missus. That's what she calls a fight. I think that's amazing. What am I talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like I think that helps.
Speaker 1: So as someone who's been in a funk a lot in relationships, it stop me if you've heard this before, if you actually want to get out of this one, I suggest and I say, oh, you know what. This brings us back to the main show. My conversation with Steve. I've implemented a new thing in the relationship. It's called the State of the Union. But it doesn't happen just once a year. It happens twice a year. Every six months, we sit down like the president does, and we're going to address the nation. But in this case, we're going to address each other and we're going to write down the things that we want the other person to work on, the things that you think you can work on, and it's going to be an airing out of all the grievances. I will get to more of that. So I would like to air this out. You look beautiful, Oh your hair, shirt everything.
Speaker 2: Wow. Oh wait, this is another thing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love you for that. I shouldn't look beautiful. I'm haggard, but thank you. This is a small business is that I want to talk about on the big show because I absolutely love them, and you and I both have our own you know, small business years is not small companies that we started, and it is imperative to get the poor of other people.
Speaker 2: And I just really love this. That's a door.
Speaker 1: Thank you. As it pertains to the relationship advice, I would say, switch it up.
Speaker 2: I do well.
Speaker 1: I also do this thing called housewife night. I don't cook, it's not my thing, but I will dress up in a cute little dress and I call it housewife night and I will make him.
Speaker 2: And I love a theme.
Speaker 1: I mean, by the way, this was to day one day your house got to keep you guessing guess what, because if you don't, they're going to go find the ones that will. You know, I'll dress up and whatever off, but you want I'll be Halloween three hundred and sixty five days a year if you want, I don't care love a costume, but I think that you just start shake it up, do something different.
Speaker 2: Uh was something.
Speaker 1: I am the queen of being stubborn, But I think it's important to meet that person. If you really want it to work, then do the things that you don't normally do. Write in the note and be like, I love you, You're the best. Dinner tonight six o'clock, meet in the kitchen and like just see if that like shakes it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of different ways.
Speaker 1: Just don't sit in your corner and be stubborn about it because he's not doing something, because one time then maybe he sees you do that, then he'll meet you halfway.
Speaker 3: You're up, sister a funk. I would say the talk, I what do something that makes you guys laugh? Go if you don't drink, like I was just saying, go laugh and have a drink, because those are normally the times where I'm like, I'm sorry, I've got a dick, I love you a lot, I feel really bad, and then or the times where.
Speaker 2: I'm like I don't want to break up.
Speaker 3: That would be terrible, Not that we're talking about breaking up but you know what I mean, Like I tend to go to like disaster, like the worst side of the situation.
Speaker 2: Break up.
Speaker 1: You're not a breakup that would be so sad, that would you don't have to find another house. That would just be so bad for you. It'd be so sick because I would sell your house and start fresh. Oh wait, no, wow, maybe don't you now? These are jokes. By the way, New York posts all a joke.
Speaker 4: Oh God, post this, we got h Y, I'm jbie.
Speaker 2: Here's a game.
Speaker 1: Try to read the name. I'm so sorry, h Y, I am JB. What's protocol when you see a famous person in public? Well, if you're Erin and I on a plane, we have no shame and go right. We take anything out of their purse, go for it, you get. You deal with this a lot. What bothers you when somebody comes up to you? And that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Okay? I test will start today.
Speaker 3: Very immature and awkward, more so than I am in life. For instance, when we saw George Clooney, I wanted to die.
Speaker 2: I wanted to hide under the table.
Speaker 3: And Chris it was great enough to be like you know Aaron and I go no, he doesn't know me, and he's like, of course I do from football, and I was like, no, you don't watch me like I'm telling George Clooney what he does, and so you're stupid shut up, Aaron.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, oh my god, why am I saying that? I just wanted to hide under the table.
Speaker 1: And you did it with Jason Sideikis too, you like, tell you my god, I talked about a porta potty for Christ's sakes Jesus. And then I tried to like tackle Jimmy Fallon, like I get it together or could to wonder I have a job. You immediately default to like self deprecation on all things. But I feel like, especially in those situations. I did this with gre with Chris Pratt, who I hadn't seen in forever, and I was just talking and.
Speaker 2: Talking and talking and talking.
Speaker 1: By the way, just away, I was like, Chris Bratt will not care that I shared this story, but I am just going on. I mean the last time I saw him, and it was like I was like, oh, in this And then like, what's going on with your kids?
Speaker 2: Aaron all of a sudden just exit stage just walks. I didn't know what you do.
Speaker 1: I walked in her dressing room. She goes, WHOA, you got a lot to say, huh, And I was like, yep, I will. I'm an over talker when I'm not even nervous situation, but like when I just want to make sure that the other person isn't awkward, I'm like, oh, I'll fill the space.
Speaker 2: I will fill all the fucking space. And it's like, bitch, take a breath.
Speaker 1: We good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I almost make it so awkward for the famous person that they'll be like are you good, and I'll be like, no, I'm not here.
Speaker 2: You don't see me. I'm not here because I don't want to bother you.
Speaker 3: Like like I just act so stupid because I don't want to be a pain in their ass.
Speaker 1: And like.
Speaker 2: I'll say it one time. We're very We're friends.
Speaker 3: With Justin and Jessica. Justin Timberlake. He couldn't be more love and like me and my husband are good friends. And I remember when I was just getting to know them, they invited us to something and I was like, no, we can't go, and he's like you cause you're busy here and I was like no, I just don't want to be in your way and he's like, but but we invited you.
Speaker 2: Shut up, and I think that's what Jared said. And then we got into funk and then no, I'm can't. Then had a mister and missus.
Speaker 1: There was a whole thing that is that makes me laugh so hard because I could see you in every situation.
Speaker 2: No we can't go, Well, what do you mean you can't go? You're here?
Speaker 3: No, but we don't want to bother you. But we invited you. Oh okay, now he.
Speaker 1: Got it's Phil Richards, executive producer of Fox. He'll call us and hurry us off the phone. And I'm like, you called me, Why are you hurrying? He's like, gotta go, And I was like what it's so what up? Bill?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What up? Whiskey? We still didn't answer. What the protocol is?
Speaker 1: Act like an asshole or act like no the protocol. Don't follow our protocols either talking too much, pretending like you don't exist, or talking about these things. Yeah, don't do these things. I would say, as far as protocol goes, don't be the This drives me nuts because I see it not with me, I see it with very famous people used to do this shit all the time with Larry. Oh, I'm sorry to bother you. No you're not, because you just did it.
Speaker 3: You just We've seen that with straighthand we've seen it with Brady, We've seen it with Jeter, exactly. Unless you are coming up with a small child or somebody that is sick or a pet or something that like gets my attention, I'm like, don't bother these people don't. Like, Yeah, I think there's a time and a like read.
Speaker 2: The room, really read the room.
Speaker 3: I've learned that a lot from our friends because we're not you know, we obviously have people that we work with that are in a different stature of their life and don't go bug them when they're mid bite or mid conversation with their friends unless their house is on fire and you have that information, just give it a give it a beat, Give it a beat. Must be invisible, like me, I'm not here. Whiskey, blues and coffee. How does a woman get over a man who ghosted her for about three years? Ghosted her after three years? What do you mean gets after three years? How does a woman get over a man who ghosted her after three years?
Speaker 1: So probably wait, like they were together for three years and then just ghosted her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they dated for three years and then he ghosted her. What I did? Give us your information? We'll set you off with someone.
Speaker 1: God damn right, because that's the next iteration of Calm Down podcast. By the way, you guys, we're we're dating services to know we've got your We've got yeah, exactly the what I did? You know?
Speaker 2: You need that?
Speaker 3: Three years with somebody that's close to getting married and then no, absolutely not no, no not open.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what he did you a favor?
Speaker 1: Because if this guy's going to ghost you after three years, then he is clearly not who you thought he was.
Speaker 2: You know how you get over it? Listen to Taylor Swift's new album. Yeah that thing? Wow, Wow Wow. Who's afraid of little old me? Well you should be. You should be.
Speaker 1: Very nervous about not knowing all the songs in practice. Okay, you're up, Elamar Ellen, Lindsay Rhoads, Lindsey Marie Rhodes seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Could Steve and Jared take over the podcast one week, they would gladly.
Speaker 1: Steve has been waiting his whole life to do any kind of podcast.
Speaker 2: Is this thing on?
Speaker 1: He has two imaginary podcasts, once named Martini Talk, which he has talked about forever, and the other one is called Aren't You Embarrassed? He pretends like he's doing a podcast and those are the names of it when he goes on rants throughout the house wherever he is, and I'm like, why don't you do a pucket? By the way, he would never He's not interested, but he would love to take over this one.
Speaker 2: Would Jared do it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like Jared's like so much more behave than Steven. He'd get giggly.
Speaker 3: We were in the pool today with Macaroni Stole and our swim instructor was like that podcast you got three drinks, Carissa has five. It's hilarious and Jared goes, yeah, there wouldn't be any material without me and Steve, and I was like, we were talking about our drinks, which I have too.
Speaker 2: Here, calm down.
Speaker 1: Half this podcast is me going silently laughing, not wanting to lose it in the microphone. Yeah, they'd love to guys, you know so, I mean we'd need to let them. I'd love we'd love a week off. Okay, why don't you guys start doing something around here? Why don't you don't address your man like that, because then you'll go in a real funk.
Speaker 2: You're a last and final belongs to Lynn parand So favorite road trips Snacks not an ad, but I love it to be Ryan.
Speaker 3: Pistachios. I freaking love these things. I have half empty like bags all over my house. They've opened up in my purse. That's messy. I love a trail mix. What else I don't know. I'm like a trail mix mixed nuts kind of gal.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the brand. Maybe it's the pistashios that are out of the show. Are those ones out of the show? Yeah? Oh they have a buffalo flavor. One that's delicious. I like any zestin.
Speaker 3: Calm down ad, like us doing a calm down pistachios ad.
Speaker 1: You can make that happen, sister. I like a yeah, trail mix. I like, I don't know. I like repetition on things.
Speaker 2: I don't like. One bite and then it's like, gone, no, I need.
Speaker 1: Some those Oh you know those thin pretzels, they're like flat.
Speaker 2: Forget the brand, the flat pretzel ones. Those are really good.
Speaker 1: They have a buffalo flavor that is zestimate and delicious.
Speaker 2: Yes, those are the ones, Those are the ones. Well, we got a big show coming up. We got details about your state of the Union.
Speaker 3: I want to hear all about that top you're wearing. And I got filler in my neck. I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: Are you frozen or just happy to see me my next Well, face was frozen, but my bootoks.
Speaker 2: Ladies out of town. I need help, but we'll talk about it all on the Big Show.
Speaker 3: It's the Big Show.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio apps, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.