Speaker 1: You who, boys, it's us. You're two hosts of busting with the Boys. I'm here with Willie Compy. You're ten Willie, My boy is just out here live in the Absolute Dream in Columbia, South Carolina, established in eighteen oh one February second, to be exact, this place is just riddled with history. We're sitting right now. If you're listening to us, you can probably feel the grit around us. And that is the way room we might be sitting in right now. Speaking of grit, Will.
Speaker 2: Well about to speak on the most durable competitor on the planet.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, buddy, I think a lot of people have seen who are now pretenders and contenders in this sleep. But one vehicle, one player in this world as never a pretender and always a contender, is the Chevy Silverado. Whether you got that off road vehicle, that ZR two, that Will Compton has that off road beauty that he can literally go anywhere he wants, whenever he wants because the vehicle has that type of durability, or if you're at a tailgate and you're just flexing on the boys with that ulti flexed tailgate with the power outlet that's literally in the bed for you to enjoy. Literally, this vehicle can do it all. Any Chevy Silverwada can do it all. But that's ZR two piece. I've seen will driving. I've had the luxury of being in that vehicle I've.
Speaker 2: Been trying to yesterday last night you were taking me home.
Speaker 3: I was like, brother, I'm telling you test drive this boy out right, you should go get one.
Speaker 2: And if this ZR two is legit, bro test If you guys.
Speaker 1: Want to test drive those things, just go to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Silverado. We are here, like I said, in South Carolina, a lot of things have been happening, a lot of stuff, a lot of grit. You can tell by this weight room that this place is just built on sweat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're watching on YouTube right now, number one, you should be subscribed, drop a comment right now.
Speaker 2: As we were talking.
Speaker 3: But we are wrapping up our collegiate football tour that is brought to you by the.
Speaker 2: One and only Bojangles, and we we do.
Speaker 3: Now that we've wrapped up our five places, I think we need to give some some ratings on what the facilities are.
Speaker 2: I would love to.
Speaker 3: How would you how do you want to like separate it? Do you want to go weight room?
Speaker 2: Uh? Weightroom? Perform a door and then overall facilities. I think it would be the should we go stadium stadium? Yes, for criteria, for criteria, I like that all right.
Speaker 3: In the spots we've been to, just a recap Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Now, I've been to all those except for South Bend, Indiana Notre Dame, so I will bow out on that one.
Speaker 2: So just when I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying this, fellows Notre Dame fans listening, I wasn't there to experience it. So I'm not gonna make any of my list, but willly want you start us off weight room?
Speaker 2: How do we feel about weight rooms?
Speaker 3: From one to five? I would say go five to one, five to go five to one.
Speaker 2: That was JP's idea.
Speaker 3: I would say, Unfortunately, Notre Dame has to be five because we didn't get to see it. They were very strict about the touring we got to do, so we didn't get to see Notre Dame. So for that Catholics, dude, for that reason, they're number five, the number four weight room. I would have to say number four, I would have to say the game Cocks. I'd say South Carolina's number four. I would say number three. I'll say number three is uh Tennessee. Number two is Nebraska. Number one is Michigan. That is as objective as I feel like I can be about that situation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: People probably wondering, like I'm literally sitting in We're in South Carolina right now. I got eyes on me, I got cock eyes on me tooth, and the cock's flying everywhere around here. You said it earlier, like we're in a gritty spot. You feel the grittiness when you walk in here. There's no question about it. Every weight room has a little bit of grit ton this one, I think a little bit more shit to it than others.
Speaker 1: If you're rating grit in weight rooms, though, this might be number one.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can't really see, you'll be able to check it out on Underflog again YouTube Bust with the Boys. Yeah, you can't really see, like you can't see the flooring and stuff, but you it's the smell when you walk in.
Speaker 2: It smells like a weight room. You guys don't want to talk about you meathheads. You guys don't.
Speaker 1: When you watch the flog, you'll be able to see the smell. Yeah, it's one of those things you just look at me, you know exactly what that smells like.
Speaker 3: Well said, but that, yeah, I would say that's my lest Like Michigan, I think it's it's from what we've seen out of the five, it's kind of untouchable.
Speaker 2: It's more of like a state of the art type of weight room.
Speaker 4: It's very pro two levels of uphill turf thing going up to the second level with the plod metric boxes that also go up on one side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then kind of like equipment on the second floor. It's like a double decker weight room and a full court basketball court. So it's kind of like tough to touch that.
Speaker 1: Which in that way you can access indoor and outdoor all at the same time, like getting around which will go into our facilities overall facility.
Speaker 2: We'll get to. That's my weight room. How would you rate the weight room?
Speaker 1: To be honest, everything you said, and this is obviously I think sometimes we should argue in this podcast, but I could go to weight rooms with you.
Speaker 2: We have lifted together.
Speaker 1: We've lifted together and I know we're both looking for I think a walk on and a freshman Will Compton would be here. This would be the weight room you'd want to be in. But we're talking about state of the art, the best of the best.
Speaker 3: But I was a four star, but go ahead, Yeah, but for star Will Compton, for four star.
Speaker 1: Wars would want to be in here. I think I think Michigan does are the best facilities now I put that on right now.
Speaker 2: And what's the date? Right now?
Speaker 1: It's November twenty twenty two. In a year's time, Nebraska is doing a two hundred million dollar renovation. I fully expect that place to exceed Michigan. But it's that's the game we play in college, right, how do we get these recruits?
Speaker 2: Judging right now?
Speaker 3: Judging judging right now, you would do the same list my list, meror is your list all right? Anybody in the in the back of the bus. Besides, do you guys have a different opinion on the list of the weight rooms?
Speaker 2: If you do like Nebraska, but I don't. I don't disagree with that either. Yeah, strategy for sure.
Speaker 1: And so Jack just said he could interchange Nebraska and Tennessee. Here's where I would disagree with that only because of Tennessee's the size of their weight room. I think the weight room itself, it's smaller and it's nicer, like, it's got more flash to it looks, it looks good. But Nebraska's is massive, and that's I think what you need for one hundred and fifty guys working out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, I don't disagree with that. And again, boys, this is this is I know we're in a different spot right now. We're in the weight room of University of South Carolina. Were on the bus right now, boys, this is this is Monday's intro. So we need you guys to chime in on anything. Are we plugged in for you guys to chime in?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right, then if we have something, we come around. We passed the mic. We'll do I'll pass the mic. Somebody that important to say, well, absolutely, all right, Let's move on to stadiums. Let's do stadiums. Okay, you can go first, all right, Okay, So Notre Dame. I played a Notre Dame, so I can actually rank them.
Speaker 2: I would go five to one, five to one. This is good. This is a good one.
Speaker 1: This is this is a tough one because they're actually all great, and I don't want my bias to sneak in here. I'm gonna go Notre Dame five because of the size. It's the same exact thing as in Urbur, Michigan, just a little bit smaller.
Speaker 2: Four four.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to go Game Cocks. The reason why I'm going to do that is I think the stadium is very well set up and I can't wait to hear the noise tomorrow night. I do think I love that the student sections in the place where it seems like the most noise will get out, because that's still going to be extremely loud. But if you covered up that area and kind of bowled it all in and then brought it all down, and we're talking about a lot of money here, but if you did that, they'd probably be higher up in the list. Number three is and this is where it, to me, it gets real close. Number three to me is going to be Nebraska. I've played in Nebraska. Not only is it lowed, they're extremely polite as well. When that place gets rocking, it is incredible.
Speaker 2: Now, my two, oh, you haven't experienced a Tennessee game day. I know, but I know what it's about. You will and do time in the future.
Speaker 1: My number two is going to be the big house. And this is the only reason why Michigan does not make my number one. When you go and play an away game and you go to a spot, what's the first question everybody asks?
Speaker 2: How loud is it?
Speaker 1: And when you go to Michigan, although it is superior in size to any North American stadium, maybe even the world, it's beautiful, it's amazing, there's it's realed with history. They are lacking They're lacking noise. And I know the game got out of hand fast last week, so that was my most recent exposure. But I can only imagine being in Alabama or being in Tennessee for the Tennessee Alabama game and watching that all go down and everything I've heard. It's one of the loudest stadiums and it holds over one hundred thousand. I have to tip my cap to Knoxville, Tennessee on that one.
Speaker 2: That is my one. It's interesting. I was trying to be as unbiased as possible my five. How far off was I on that? I mean, you're a little off, not by much, though I.
Speaker 3: Would say five is uh I'd say five is Notre Dame. I haven't been to a game call game. I just know what I saw in that room and that thing was that thing was fire. But I do still feel like it's number four on my list out of those colleges, out of those experiences, those game day experiences, there's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Number three is definitely Michigan.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Two, I would say game day experience loud. I would say this is this is not only me talking, this is hearing from Michigan. This is hearing from others out there. Like trying to judge all the schools.
Speaker 1: What to say percent right, everyone in the Big Ten says what is the best atmosphere in the Big Ten?
Speaker 2: They say Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when we were at Michigan just last week for the bus and Bowl. They're like that, They're like, that was the place that was all. This is your boy Dave two, like, how much balls he's seen a Michigan Maybe too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe too much?
Speaker 3: What he was like last year night game, best play when team in the country, rocking stadium. Imagine if we were legitimately legit like winning those games right right right right? Number two, Nebraska Number one, hearing it my hearing it myself, I would have to say, Tennessee, the way it's built straight up and down. I'm telling you when when you're in there, bro, it rattles your ears. It rattles your ears. It's an awesome place for ball. And like you said, Nebraska is more. It's it's weird because it's it's loud, but they're also nice. They're saying congratulations after the good game, gad nobody, Yes see you next year.
Speaker 2: Hey, I hope that heels up nice. And they're genuine about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Tennessee, they they want your throat when they're there. It's kind of like a Philadelphia Eagles vibe as far as fandom, and it's built straight up and down.
Speaker 2: It's loud.
Speaker 1: Tennessee number one, Tennessee number one. Now, the overall facilities, this is the grand package of all these campuses we've been to. If you were to take all those put it into one and five to one, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Five to one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess Yeah, it's kind of weird, like to move were saying overall facilities.
Speaker 1: No, because I think Michigan treated us just as equally as Nebraska did.
Speaker 2: Oh No, come on, let's we do you know, I think.
Speaker 3: So I'm good on some of these rankings, like we're one off one or the other.
Speaker 2: Bro I mean, you haven't been to Nebraska for a game day. I know these are overall facilities.
Speaker 1: At the time, we like spring football tour, and don't get me wrong, I knew Nebraska was gonna shot up for the Boys, and I was very nervous. Michigan keeps it more close to the vest, but I was extremely impressed. We walked away with jerseys. They gave us access to everything we needed. We could walk around freely. Yeah, but then they treated us equally.
Speaker 3: We got to take in the overall picture, like if we're going to Nebraska, we know we were like these dudes all have media credentials walking around the locker rooms, like being on the field doing all that stuff. And Michigan we literally had we got we got them passes. We did get them passes. But at first it was just me and you, and then you didn't feel the most comfortable going in the locker room.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we're all in the locker room. We're literally back in the equipment room eating pizza with the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that and that that's more of mind securities than it is how they were treating us though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's still pretty laced up. I would think. I think that they they did a great job. It was the bust and Bowl they But I'm just saying if we're talking about they treated fairly equally, I would say like if Michigan would have went first in the spring tour and Nebraska to follow, Michigan probablyouldn't have done some of those things that we got to do.
Speaker 2: Maybe as far as everything happened.
Speaker 3: But walking walking away for it, Yeah, walking away from the Nebraska Spring tour, you were, you were working that phone.
Speaker 2: I was boys.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm trying to live in reality as much as possible. Right now, I think they're neck and neck. What are we going When we say facilities stadium, I think you leave treatment out of it because like the.
Speaker 2: Way they treat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's all different. But at South Carolina, honestly, I'm being on South Carolina. The best tour guy we've had is Steven Garcia going around and touring the facility.
Speaker 2: Well, don't sleep now, babe, have off.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm not sleeping on day I'm not sleeping on my boys in the brask either. I'm just saying, like a guy energy the guys. Guy, you know we're feeling Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's a dudes.
Speaker 3: Dude, but in the way we've been able to be escorted around here, like we've been working with open arms, that's.
Speaker 2: What That's what I'm getting at. Like the we had definitel bags of gear over. We had a Notre Dame in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: We're the ones that like we're kind of going beyond our reach of alumni and obviously being in the homestate of Tennessee, like getting that type of treatment like South Carolina's they're they're up there and shout out to JP Hovey, who's hooked it all up for the boys. Right, They've been awesome, Like we've been walking around, they've been excited that we're here, like people know about.
Speaker 2: Busting the energy is good.
Speaker 3: With all that said, full on facility everything else, I think you gotta go Notre Dame five.
Speaker 2: This is a we'll never be invited back to South Bend.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not like a slight at them all great facilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great facility. We just didn't get to see a lot of Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: We had to build. It's like a step relationship. Are we talking campus to yes, I think overall college vibes.
Speaker 1: I guess overall college vibes, so facility stadium. Now, based on what I just said, you'd have to go about how they treated.
Speaker 2: Us and campus vibes, so how they treated us.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking about overall the overall experience, encompassing experience of being in each university, which might be a little unfair South Clinic because we just got here a few hours ago. We haven't had a huge opportunity to see this place. So just know that wherever they fall on this list, your boys could flip our mind, no problem, right, Especially I'm a f.
Speaker 3: I know we've put Notre Dame five, and Notre Dame will be five on the list. But I will say, as far as most beautiful campus I've been on, it's Notre Dame, without question, Like you feel like you're walking around like Hogwarts in Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey, and you being a newly here pottery like you would love it.
Speaker 3: It's got that vibe like in certain areas you can't walk on certain certain grass, like there's some traditions, like you don't walk up those stairs of that building.
Speaker 2: Unless you've graduated.
Speaker 3: And there's just like there's an element of just mystery to it that you just feel like you're on a college campus and it's incredible, but there's there's not a lot to do in South Bend as far as like college town. There's not a lot going on there, and I think like that not being able to see all the facilities.
Speaker 2: Now, it's Notre Dame, so you know they're probably first class. Yeah, how iconic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in game day experience, I haven't been to a game Cock. I haven't been to a South Carolina Again, I'm only seeing that stuff on there. But we storm the field and you know, it was awesome, but I wouldn't say it was like elite.
Speaker 2: So that's why it.
Speaker 3: Would be my number five, number four, I'm gonna go game Cocks, college all around everything. I would say number three is Tennessee and then I would go in my unbiased opinion on being ejective as possible, So do not hate me Huskernation, but number two is Michigan and number one is Nebraska.
Speaker 2: You really had me, You really had me.
Speaker 1: So here's when you when you were bringing up Notre Dame and how like it's kind of feeled like that vibe talking about these things you can't step on. There's stairs you can't go up. Michigan has the same thing. You weren't able to see those things. But there's really a block m in the middle of campus and you literally have to jump over it. No one's got to step on it, touch it unless you're part of these three different secret societies that are in Michigan.
Speaker 2: That yeah, you're talking me about the secret societies. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's like obviously the bell tower, there is, there's a fountain that if you run from the Michigan m to the fountain and back in a certain amount of time, you'd like. There's awards, there's stuff you can do within the in the campus, kind of like check lists off like your stuff. It's like the little things on Xbox when you play video games and you unlock certain things, you're like, oh, I had no idea I was even trying to do about mission.
Speaker 3: It probably better if we had a tour of the campus, because to me, Michigan fel like more of a puzzle with all the than all the other colleges. Really I thought so maybe, I don't know if those guys been.
Speaker 1: On State Street, Main Street and then a couple of side roads and you're solid. Yeah, yeah, the house is in the tailgate at Michigan. We just got to really sit here and think, Okay, yeah, wheels. Obviously, being a little bit biased, I think here's where I think, here's where I think you're being by. The housing situation in Nebraska is such a it's such an important piece of a college. And having a college everything surrounding Michigan, you could literally live all over campus and get to class, the facilities, the academic center in five minutes.
Speaker 2: Very fair point, all right my list.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I'm to have to go Notre Dame number five because I haven't been there other than to play when I was in college.
Speaker 2: Number four.
Speaker 1: It's tough because I haven't seen South Carolina's campus yet.
Speaker 2: I feel like this place is a lot of fun. This place is a lot of fun. I think South Carolina is a lot of fun. I feel like this is a great place to come. We've basically only been in the weight room, yeah.
Speaker 1: The way, Yes, the weight room in the stadium, which they have a nice little bar set up in the stadium where the old locker room used to be or the old weight room used to be. They have a nice little set up there and then the players walk out to go out in the stadium. That's just like the Dallas Cowboys Stadium where you're like there's just people staring like a zoo animal, which I think is a cool vibet. But they're four on my list. Number three is going to be Tennessee. I think Tennessee they have a lot of work to do with their facilities. I think it's it looks like an unfinished product to me, but I see the direction they're going, and I think it's gonna be phenomenal when it's done right.
Speaker 3: Like they're the most dated type of they have the most dates.
Speaker 1: Yes, and but listen, I gave Tennessee there flowers in the stadium, so shout out the balls.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I've kind of already said what I was gonna say, but like overall, and I know I'm going to say Nebraska too, Michigan one, but these two are close to me. I don't know if it was the hospitality coming coming back or even going to Nebraska where you've played and you need to see your boy in his place, where he was, and how he was welcome to the open arms.
Speaker 2: It's pretty incredible experience.
Speaker 3: So Nebraska, huh, you basically played at Nebraska when you visited.
Speaker 1: It felt like it right. It really did feel like I was like, oh, I've been here, I've done this. I had to block Sue in practice that type of thing. It's it's as if you're just going off of hospitality, like the fans, how nice they are and stuff like that. Nebraska takes the cake on that. I'm not saying hospital how we were treated, but like in the facility, because I think Michigan Nebraska and neck and neck contrary to what you believe, but I think Nebraska naturally. We walked into a gas station when we first got there, and it was like we talked to these guys for twenty minutes. They had a forty five year old dog just sitting in the corner that was like wildly obese, obviously got in the pork rindes a little too much, and they were just talking our ear off about the last one hundred years of Nebraska. And then once Will's name got like uttered, it sounded like he was four time All American, like ten time all pro I'm trying to disrespect them, just saying like it sounds that it's career.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal all the time. Just start trying to rattle off.
Speaker 1: Top fifteen a Bay titles. But I would I would say that is that's my list. It seemed like we were pretty similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had the same and a lot of different I think it was I think it was imperative that we did talk about it because we are wrapping up our bow Jungles tour and it's been a fun time.
Speaker 2: It's been great. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this podcast to bring you an ad that is game Time, created by the fans for the fans. Game Time is a ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts, and shows, and they guarantee the lowest prices. If you haven't given game Time a shot yet, don't know what you're waiting for. You guys are going you guys are going to love this. They've got great deals on concerts and NFL tickets. We've got tons of barsool fans using it and hitting us up on social about great deals. They are getting so easy to use amazing deals. It's the fastest growing ticket ticketing app in the US. You are going to love it. Download the game Time app. Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Term supply download game Time App. Last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed. Listen your boys, We're in South Carolina right now. There's a big game coming up tomorrow, game Cocks versus Wolves.
Speaker 2: How do you think we got our tickets? Back to the show.
Speaker 1: And you know what, dude, I think Bojangles might be the most slept on place, the most slept on chicken spot in all of America. They're chicken sandwich, their fried chicken sandwich. That thing last week. Then the Burger King commercial back in the day with the guy with the little hands. I picked that thing up and I was like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Last week when we broke bread on the bus.
Speaker 1: Yes, once you've been pulling out there that chicken sandwich. I was just talking about. Look at this thing. It's a nice it's a damn commercial.
Speaker 2: Uh oh you mama? Is that man year ten? That boy hungry? That boy is hungry? How good. Rate it for me, Rate it for me, all right? My boy just took three bites. Hey, can you hear me in there? Did you hear me?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: A good amount of seasoning, you know how when you eat Chick fil A it's a little bit cleaner you eat Popeyes, you taste of seasoning a lot more in the chicken sandwich. I know I'm talking with my mouth oul right now, but I think it's important. But the seasoning is just right. If you look here, the ratio of breaded to chicken very well done. Popeyes is a little too much on the breading. Chick fil A less on the breading, like you know, bo jingles.
Speaker 2: You see just right the ratio.
Speaker 3: As far as the sauce, a little whatever little male sauce they have on there. It's a nice I'm not warring, and I already have food in my mouth, very nicely prepared in the bun, which is important. You see the shininess on that bun that's butter. The way your teeth break into it and the smoothness of it is important.
Speaker 2: Like look at my thumb imprint on it. That's how it is. When you bite down. You're about to go on it's soft overall four point five. Yeah, you can't argue with that.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, the bo Jangles is an incredible company. There's a lot to be thankful for with them. But we all know Thanksgiving is this week one of the more underrated holidays that we celebrate every single year. And I think it's important what direction we're going right here. I think it's important that the boys say what they're thankful for.
Speaker 2: You want to do that now? You want to do it?
Speaker 3: Last before we get into Midland. Black Friday is coming up. Holy shit, we've.
Speaker 2: Got to talk about how.
Speaker 3: Important Black Friday is not only for Busting with the Boys, but for everybody shopping for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Everything you see that I'm worrying. This is the Seager Boys doing a collab with Bust with the Boys. This is all going to be live. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On Thursday night, ten thirty pm Central Time, thirty pm Eastern is when our Black Friday seal drops.
Speaker 2: We have, like, how many items do we have dropping? Garrett twenty three US twenty three new items dropping.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a lot more boys hats, those boys diamond hats that everybody's screaming, Hey, do our team do this team. We have more of those coming out. We have more lightning teas coming out. We have the yeah.
Speaker 2: Somewhere right here. Yeah, this is the coaching jacket. We have a leg school. We're doing a Legends collab or we have a Legends f It's like a glove Now.
Speaker 3: The Segar Boys, I know there's a there's a cult following of the Sea the Segar brand.
Speaker 2: Kyle Phillips is a part of that cult.
Speaker 3: Yeah them this right here, what you're saying, this is gonna be out. We have a lot of cool ship. It is dropping. We're gonna have awards for We're gonna have like a tear system too, Like biggest spender a day on the bus, all expenses paid for, we might have. You're floating around a little teaser of a maybe a sweet possibility, yeah, being entered in to get a uh yeah, I think if.
Speaker 1: Someone spends a certain amount of money and listen, it's right now, it's Friday in South Carolina. Before this ship is over, before this pod is released, we will have everything of slotted as far as if you spend this much, this is what we're going to give you. There's gonna be a lot of winnings out there. You got to pay attention to what the boys are doing because there's so many new things that you can get that are coming out on Black Friday, but also these old school things right here, the tried and true boys. You start grabbing those. Christmas is right on the corner. That's why they call it Black Friday. But we're getting ready for the flurries, this Christmas flurries. Santa Claus can't do it all, so do something else for your family as well. But when this pod drops a couple hours after that, you will start to see through me, will bust in the boys. You will see all the things that we are going to do for you based on what you spend. Obviously, top spender a day on the bus, and it's a non negotiable. That's a non negotiable. I do believe I can make this work, but I'm thinking this might be the top spender they could probably choose between these two is Titans game, I don't know, eight tickets and for a game that's not that's that nasty. That's nasty. And then also there's gonna be a bunch of other stuff. Like I said, I'm not gonna put my foot in my mouth and say a bunch of things right now. But there's gonna be a lot of things that we're gonna do for you guys to tell. Basically, it's a couple of things one incredible deals on Black Friday, but it's also a huge thank you to you guys, because we won't be able to get go to amazing campuses like this without you guys tuning in every single day, subscribing, unsubscribing, and resubscribing, and then also pushing our merch not only buying it for yourself, but showing your friends and say, hey look what I'm wearing. Hey, where'd you get that piece? I got it from Busting with the Boys. Here's the link. We are going to do an incredible job of making this so easy for you. You're literally gonna go to Bustin's account, my account, Will's account. You're gonna see the thing and you say, I like that Beamie, I like that shirt. You're gonna click on the link. It's gonna take you right there and you're gonna be able to do whatever you want with that thing.
Speaker 2: Baby, It's gonna be all you. And don't don't sleep on the whiskey either get that bourbon stock.
Speaker 1: Them listen, And I know we ask a lot of you guys, especially on this one. It seems like seems like I've been rambling for a little bit. The whiskey that we did with whistle Pig, there's several states that it does not ship to, but every liquor store that carries the whistle Pick whiskey is going to have our whiskey. The faster you guys buy it, the more that we are going to be able to do and contribute to the viewers and give you guys an opportunity to do something incredible with us, because this is it's honestly a dream what we're doing right now. But baby, we're not even scratching the surface of what the saying can totally be. And we we're nothing without you guys. So let's keep the train rolling a little bit. The more you guys buy that whiskey, the better it is for all of us. And we're gonna do something special. Yeah, we figured something like that. We're gonna do something special for you guys. I think it's a couple of things. It's it's simple. We have the best merch store in the barstools store yeah, and whiskey. We sell out of this whiskey.
Speaker 2: This rollout. We get the code brand on a bottle and that's fucking And you're probably thinking yourself, what's co brand? What do you mean by coke? You have to collaborate. It's not a sticker, it's the full bottle.
Speaker 1: It's the full bottle. You're talking about, pink Whitney that those boys that spit and chickles. That vodka is delicious. You put that thing, especially in a college time, you throw that thing in there, everyone's throwing a pick with me, like crazy. Give us the same opportunity to give you something a little more, a little more hot in the throat, dude, a little more whiskey that makes you feel nice and warming your tummy, especially with winter coming, it's gonna beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that was outstanding. I think the boys very very I think Will and I were just in flosted. What are we they for? Will?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think before we get to the thankful stuff, if I if I'm missing anything else before we before this.
Speaker 2: Hit by Friday, we hit the whiskey. Yeah, I think we're solid. Yeah, there was a Yeah, I think that's a who knows how.
Speaker 3: Long we've gotten on this pod already on this intro, that's the top of a long well, like we're not even let's not even say it, because we have no idea what it's going to turn out and end up being.
Speaker 1: But it's a it's a long fun pod. It's a fun pot. You're gonna here a lot of rambling on it. The boys are going off yet again. You know who's on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Midlands, Midlands coming on. They were. They were an awesome time.
Speaker 3: They were in town for what was it the c m as CMA Awards, the CMA Awards, the Red Carpet Deal.
Speaker 2: They came through town and they're there.
Speaker 3: They didn't win, but still they're big friends of the show. So we had to get the squad together and talk a lot of shop. Let's we'll go around say we're thankful for for Thanksgiving with just the boys, and we wrap this thing up and get in the Midland.
Speaker 2: Bloss is not here a moment of so for Bloss, God love them. Which one of you guys want to start?
Speaker 1: Let's go Garrett and then you can go, Okay.
Speaker 2: Is this the good one? I don't do that, bro, all right?
Speaker 6: So what I'm most thankful thankful for is uh.
Speaker 2: Getting to do what we do every day. I think it's pretty pretty bad ass.
Speaker 6: Like we talked about it last week a little bit, but like this is I get to call this work and.
Speaker 2: That's pretty fucking cool.
Speaker 7: So I'm pretty thankful for that.
Speaker 2: That was beautiful. Thanks. It's a moment two because your arms around Taylor right there. Yeah that was nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no doubt mind. Uh, mine's sort of along the same lines. But I'm thankful for you guys bringing me on. Uh not to say I was in a bad spot in Charlotte, but I was not enjoying my job. It was pretty miserable. I wasn't the happiest person. Not a slight on NASCAR, it just wasn't. It wasn't for me. And now now being with you guys, I can say this is the happiest I've been in a lot, probably over a year, and I'm enjoying it being a being a big football guy, just hanging out talking football, talking shop. It's I mean, this is literally a dream job for me. So thank you guys for that, no doubt. Match appreciate you being vulnerable with the boys too. That's outstanding. Buddy Jack JP.
Speaker 2: Honorable mention to the boys.
Speaker 9: Obviously always thankful, but I I'm most thankful for my sister is about to have her kid here in about a week, so I'm about to be an uncle. Couldn't be more excited. Little baby Izzy is her name, and uh yeah, she's She's due last couple of days of November. Like I said, could not be more excited to have a little niece in my life. Love honor spoiler. So very thankful for family and friends.
Speaker 5: I am thankful for a lot of things. Is thanksgiving, thankful for the health of my family. But I'm gonna stick with g and Mitch. I'm thankful for Taylor, thankful for Will, Thankful for the boys, and specifically like these trips. These trips are like things that I dreamed about as like a kid to go on and like, how am I gonna do it. I'm not a college football player, I'm not gonna play pro sports whatever, So it's just like a it's super dope to me to like be able to come to these places and get these experiences that I like always wanted to do but didn't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: That's my problem, tells outstanding you appreciate the boys just giving out love. Man, Yeah, I think I got two and they're going to be pretty easy. Because what I am thankful for obviously my beautiful wife, my two little girls, and the life we've been able to establish. For those who don't know that, me and Taylor got engaged in five weeks and then married in two months without anybody knowing, and when people started finding out, there was obviously a bunch of question marks of hey, what, what's what is Taylor doing? I'm sure Taylor was being asked that by her family. And it's been six years of marriage now with two healthy, beautiful kids, and I cannot be more thankful for that. It has been the coolest thing of the world being a dad and a husband. So I love it. And my second one is obviously going out to the boys, because there's literally Will and I sat at a Chinese restaurant right after the season in twenty eighteen and decide to do a podcast, and never in our wildest dreams that I think we'd ever be able to achieve this, and being able to do trips and do a podcast every week with your best friend is one of the best blessings you can have in your entire life. So that's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too. Brother.
Speaker 3: Along the same lines, like, I'm extremely thankful for my family, Like I have a seven month old Cerulian that I am just absolutely obsessed with. My wife and I just have the most fun every evening just watching her in the morning's playing all that stuff, and just you know, being able to do life with somebody that you love and create new life and have somebody that you're just absolutely obsessed with. Like everybody always says, like you don't know what love is until you have a kid of your own, and it's very true. And obviously my family back home, my dad, my two brothers, having people like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Man, you get bub.
Speaker 3: And you guys, I'm super thankful to be surrounded by you guys, because you're right, there's a there's a level of fear knowing like it's so dope that we've been able to establish this and create this.
Speaker 2: And like have this as the plan B.
Speaker 3: Because there's a level of a fear when you're done playing, because your identity is so wrapped up in it and taking shots and doing all this stuff and hiring people and learning how to try and scale and figure shut out. I know there's a lot of frustration at times with all the boys, but being surrounded by you guys, like, I'm super thankful because this shit is fucking awesome. And obviously your boy gets a little choked up because I get close to tipping the cap to the old mom, you know.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 3: She'd be damn proud, she would. But happy Thanksgiving boys, you want to send us off to Midland. I'm telling you, hey, everybody, everybody, take a moment and Thanksgiving and be thankful for everybody that you're surrounded by and let them know, like tell people, look them in the eye and uh let them know, because you just never fucking know really, and holiday seasons coming up.
Speaker 2: Holiday season. But I'll tell you what, buddy, oh solid, we can go to Middland. Man, Hey, tier Ones, everybody.
Speaker 3: We love you guys. Black Friday's coming. We're changing, changing the vibes up. But seriously, be thankful this holiday season. We interrupt this episode to bring you sport Clips. Shout out sport clips, no free shoutouts. Sport Clips. Haircuts have developed an all new, relaxing blend of camomeal, lavender and eucalyptus for their hot steam towel. If you guys have never had a hot steam talent after a fresh cut, you are missing out on this MVP experience. If you want to try this new scent, you've got to make sure to ask for the MVP experience courtesy of the Boys to you. It comes with a hot tally massaging shampoo and of course a great looking haircut hopefully of faith.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if.
Speaker 3: You're balding, my edges are a little light, or have the noggin of sasquatch. Hey, Mitch, they're talking to you with that. Sport Cliffs stylists have been specifically trained to cut men's hair. They've literally seen it all boys. Just another reason why sport Clips is the pro and men's hair look up. Go on their site, find a sport clips here you go there. As for the MVP experience, back to the episode.
Speaker 2: We're rolling. Go ahead, Okay, so talking at this what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: So the CMA Awards is happening now in the CMA world, just like in the football world, just like any world where there's voting on things, there's probably some people that get more votes than others, and being an independent it's probably a little more difficult than being a part of a bigger, a big company label that is a universal or something. Do you guys feel like you fall into that trap sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Percent. I mean it's happened to other recording artists on Big Machine for sure. Luckily we're not in it for that. But you asked right before we started and award me, and Mark was gonna answer that.
Speaker 2: Which is.
Speaker 10: Slaying on the drive over here is that, you know, for us, really being nominated keeps us in the conversation. It keeps us at the forefront, and you know, whatever anybody's gonna say, the words are about getting eyeballs, getting getting ears on you and getting attention. Sure, it'd be nice to have the hardware, but really for us, it's about getting the music out there and grow on our fan base, you know, getting as many people to listen to Middland as possible, and many people come to the shows because that's what we set out to do, is to make great music that moves people, inspires people.
Speaker 6: And we've never never where We're like, man, we're gonna win. Our goal, by your aid, is to have eight CMA. Yeah, and we're gonna have four Grammy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And if we don't do that, my career has been a failure.
Speaker 10: Like it's I've personally never thought about that, but I will say this, and you guys can all of us being former and active and maybe even will still active athlete.
Speaker 2: You know, you're ten alive and well.
Speaker 10: It could be yeah by the time this comes out on problems like really really active, let them know.
Speaker 6: We're fucking competitive with competitors and we hate to fucking lose.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 6: And it's story, right, That's what it is. It's not that we that the awards mean so much, it's just we hate to When you get nominated, you want to win.
Speaker 2: You want to win. That's it. There's no question. From a branding perspective, it just like you were saying earlier, it just helps.
Speaker 6: Us, like yeah, you know, like, oh, who's anybody we won an a CM, so that's now part of our ACM Award winning dom Midland. When you're sending in Grammy losing yeah, ten Grammy nominated, doesn't doesn't It doesn't. Just Gray nominated, CMA nominated, I don't know who's I mean.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what you need to put that's what we do. Yeah, I mean, I think it's funny album for sure. Being the underdog.
Speaker 10: I like having a little bit of chip on all of our shoulders, and it's something that kind of to me pushes me personally as an artist too, just to keep going. We're the raiders of country right here's way till this album next year, you know, I mean, and that's what's been driving us to the bad boys body of working with We're like the we're like the busting with the boys of country music.
Speaker 11: There we go, take original winning, just the fucking underdogs.
Speaker 2: You are the under the fucking beasted. Who are who? Who? Who is in your sector? Who is like the brass ring? Who? Who do you guys aspire to be? Or do you who? Do you feel threatened by our podcast in the sports world, I would says part of my take, part of my taker Pat McAfee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm talking like if you're just looking at yeah, I mean when you look at the a video show Pat mcviee is competing with like the ESPN's of the world. Part of my take like in the podcast space, yeah, they will mcview's like a daily show that gets videoed all the time and then that gets kind of regurgitated. I guess as like as podcasting, but as for podcasting, I would say part of my takes number.
Speaker 1: One and podcasting in general, do you Rogan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, Well, but because you guys are, you're a hybrid of that right morphed.
Speaker 1: Fluidity to what we do, And I think I don't know how like where this train's going.
Speaker 2: We really have no idea.
Speaker 1: We said we're gonna sat after the season's over. We're gonna sit and talk about what avenues we're gonna go down. But from any podcasts, we could have sports guys on and we'll talk about sports the entire time, and then we'll have other people on it, like we had Jared Allen, which it probably didn't come out the week This will come out the weekend.
Speaker 2: I already heard. I already heard Jared Allen for the first hour of the podcast.
Speaker 1: We talked about conspiracy theories and religion and all this together.
Speaker 7: A better rapid fire SoundBite clip than busting with the Boy.
Speaker 2: That's an out. I would agree with Yon.
Speaker 6: Mark, where where is there is there beef with Rogan? Will you've you've alleged at it? I think we're maybe trying to create no, no, no, I think we need to air it out. I think we need to get at the very least a SoundBite out of this. But I know you feel like you got cock blocked when.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers, Yeah, we were going to release one. And by the way, like big cat take.
Speaker 6: I know you don't want to talk about this, but we're going on.
Speaker 1: I just think when you look up to your hero so much and in this world and then something like this happens, idols become your rival, and that's what we're talking about here.
Speaker 2: See but congratulations.
Speaker 3: But like for starters, we were going to release the Aaron Rodgers podcast when we went to Green Bay or by saw.
Speaker 2: We were going to Green Bay. Big can't read every one song.
Speaker 3: They they do a grit week and and BC was like, hey, you mind hold the Aaron Rodgers pod. We're gonna release ours on Monday. And he's a big cat. They're on the roster, they're on the squad. Hey they are Yeah, you guys do your thing. But then the following week when we're about to release ours, Rogan cuts us. There's no communication with Rogan. Rogan just and people might think like, oh, well, you don't even talk to Rogan. I'm we are one person away from Rogan on we.
Speaker 4: Can probably kill different people, different people where one phone wanted to get our numbers, he's good. Yeah, like Rogan knows we probably couldn't get his numbers, but but he does definitely ask your permission. Unfortunately, he if he texted to hey, it's Rogan, he doesn't need information for sure.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, like from where he started from the webcam podcasting everything else, like squashing the Little Guy, I just feel like that's not that's not Rogan on top.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a great interview. Doesn't matter. I think people have more time, uh than you may. I don't know if you exposed any because I listened to his too. I are you worried that he got to certain subjects and got Aaron Rodgers talking about things that you would you had been the first?
Speaker 2: Is that why you're angry with.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Podcast came out right after people listen to PMTs first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then it's like, well, first Aaron came out with a like he did one with Marcus Aubrey. Yeah, talking about ayahuasca and everything else, and part might take that's kind of a different flow.
Speaker 2: And then like you said, like we're kind of a hybrid.
Speaker 3: But then Rogan comes out with a three hour banger with them, and it's like by the time we get there, we're the fourth.
Speaker 6: One that has the Rogers. People know, Okay, I understand, I listened. Because I'm an avid fan. I will say this just anecdotally, and this is with all the respect in the world too. One of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, full stop. I thought he was a little chippy when you talked to him. He was a little chippy with you.
Speaker 3: He's a little chippy, But I think he knows that about blessing with the boys, like he knows it's a little chirpy because he saw remember he said, that was a good tweet you had, and then he knew he had to get me back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hostile in a hurry on this little hostile you can get that way. Okay, I say, if you've ever done ayahuasca, you know those next few days, a couple of weeks after that, that endorphins are a little loving.
Speaker 2: They're a little low. From what I've heard in the fence, the.
Speaker 6: Way the way he was just coming off in ayahuasca trip allegedly.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, his big thing was he did aahuasca. That was like he's opened himself up. His mind is now he's seeing the world and from different land.
Speaker 6: But not but not coverage.
Speaker 7: But I think that'd be a great episode, like like the third time we come out here, like we do together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, I think we all do Ayawaska together. I would do.
Speaker 6: Iahwasa with you almost everything but aahuascam. I'm a huge proponent of mushrooms.
Speaker 2: Hey, hang on, just stay on.
Speaker 3: The I was telling Cam and it's the face Caam looked at me and we just stared at each other while we were hearing everybody. I was like, it's happening in airs defense the way big Cat. I don't know if you listen to that one. That one was a phenomenal interview body. I didn't think Cat was chirping him, so he probably thought, Okay, another pod coming, I gotta be I gotta have my guns ready there.
Speaker 6: He was definitely defensive in the interview and you were just asking honest. He thought you were making fun of him, right, That's what it felt like. His responses were, which I was you know you're my guy, so I'm a little bit like, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: You're going to that for us, well, let's.
Speaker 6: Maybe tone it down a little bit. Aaron, literally, I mean look at that from yeah exactly. If I saw him and you guys weren't around, I would immediately go, what was what with Will trying to get earlier?
Speaker 2: Trying to take it?
Speaker 6: And he wouldn't relinquish it.
Speaker 2: It's my talking stuff. Let me ask you, did you think that the Rogan Beast was serious? No? Okay, guy, I assumed that we were going on for a little bit. I know you were mad. I'm like, oh, we're really yeah, right, this we got to see this thinks.
Speaker 3: When I got done with Shane Gillis, I was like, hey, bro, what do we got to do to get Rogan?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Legit, what was you advised? Taylor and I do? He's like he didn't really talk sport. He like, you don't really care about sports. You guys have to do so much non sports.
Speaker 6: But listen, you guys are non thematic like Weill and I. There's nothing about this podcast that says like, yeah, we're going to talk about sports. Although we were going to talk about sports some point.
Speaker 2: There's no question we'll talk about We have plenty of time.
Speaker 6: Can I offenke wind transition for everyone to weigh in on potentially or at least we.
Speaker 3: Have some ground rules. You guys are on again. This is the second time we've had the Midland Boys on. If you read, if you you don't take all the comments to heart, but there's always something that to get out of getting from your audience talking over each.
Speaker 2: Other a lot where everybody's yelling. We have five guys on the bust of that.
Speaker 3: Should we do, like lay some ground rules when we're talking, like maybe whoever's holding the bat gets too okay, Well.
Speaker 2: If we can take it around.
Speaker 6: You know you want that, you want it very cool? Like that bad.
Speaker 2: We can share it. You forgot two bats, let's try because I've got three bats.
Speaker 10: It sounds like the subject like d MT and expanding your mind and mushrooms and trying to learn.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to learn. Oh it is, so I'm let's let's get better this time.
Speaker 3: Let's get better. So where were you going before? I had to try?
Speaker 6: Maybe a little bit too baseball or football rather for everyone, and we can make it just quick because not all of us are super up on college ball, but coming up this Saturday, Michigan is playing Nebraska and these guys have created a a busting Bowl out of the their two teams, their respective colleges, and whoever wins this, which is the heavily favored Michigan going into it is it is it at Michigan, Michigan, Michigan. Nebraska is not doing so great this year.
Speaker 2: Do you have your hat over your heart right now?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's this is a big moment, I think, if anything, moment for the bust and Bowl.
Speaker 7: All Right, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna do a hard left turn here. I'm looking at this this chicken with the Mike Tyson tattoo. We recently played sold out in Fast Transition the Greek Theater in Hollywood, California.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was a pick show for us. That sounded like the bust and Bowl for Midland.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I remember when you guys did the Greek.
Speaker 1: I actually got a text saying, hey, do you want I was just like three days out of cert got a text from Cammings if you want to go? I think I have a great handicap support there, I said.
Speaker 2: They had full handicapped.
Speaker 6: You got the surgery downe in La.
Speaker 2: Is accessible. Okay, it sounds like it.
Speaker 7: Uh, We're on stage three of US mid show and we look over and who do we see standing side stage?
Speaker 2: But Mike Tyson? Was that your guys? A show? Yeah? Just standing?
Speaker 12: That's not even really that's just a segue because the next night, Cameron and I literally watched an hour and a half YouTube clip of Mike Tyson's knockouts.
Speaker 7: It goes so, it goes so deep, like I mean, you remember the big ones, but like all the in between ones where he just like just dismantled people.
Speaker 6: I mean it was just the toughest man to walk the face of the earth and compete in athletics.
Speaker 2: I think has to be Mike Tyson. I think so like, hang, that's again strong, very strong.
Speaker 6: Let me let me and jes let me and just we will die on that hill.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, we saw the clip.
Speaker 7: We're going you guys watched this hour and a half clip and you don't agree, then well.
Speaker 2: That the tough Yeah, because okay, here's what I thought.
Speaker 1: But it's like when you started saying before you said in sports, my first dollars data Goggins, but then he puts.
Speaker 2: Sports in it.
Speaker 3: I said, I wasn't thinking nothing other than like we cannot sleep on to and oh Evander Holyfield against Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: I know, but build different, build different. It is what it is. Maybe he just knew how to fight. Tyson's choice.
Speaker 3: I've never seed him not to be at his peaking, at his prime, Like he went to prison for rape like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, like that's what happened that he was in prison. He was avoiding I don't know, like if he.
Speaker 3: Was intentionally avoiding Evander Holyfield, but holy Field was coming for him.
Speaker 2: Holy Field beat him twice. Okay, can I for a little. It's an incredible thirty pagers.
Speaker 6: I saw that watch that we both human being on the face of the earth. So Mike Tyson going to is twice as bro his muscles on muscles Like it's a totally different body type fighting each other, which is again goes to this, Mike Tyson going toe to toe is.
Speaker 2: My boy's just catching copies everywhere with everywhere? Sorry? Is that.
Speaker 6: Mark who's than Mike Tyson in the world of athletes?
Speaker 10: I think, you know, with with the upcoming of UFC fighting, I think we gotta, we gotta.
Speaker 6: Isolated to boxing. But yeah, not a bad don't. I don't think I'm going human beings at place.
Speaker 10: I don't think there's any question in my mind that Mike Tyson was the most violent and vicious and efficient, fastest, most beautiful boxer to ever watch at his prime.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a question.
Speaker 10: Off you're talking about holy Field billed to take a punch and to go rounds and go deep in decisions and stuff like that. Like you know, you could talk about there's an argument there, But if you're talking about pound for pound, the most entertaining, I'm talking about the most beautiful, the most tough, the most brutal, like I think in the history is Mike Tyson. And by the way, who's Mike is one of the greatest tangs. I got to hang with Mike this summer. I went to this, I went to this charity dinner and sat at the table with Mike and he's good buddies with a dear friend of mine. And I've got to know him a bit. And Smith and him and his wife Kiki, they're amazing people. Man. Mike Tyson to me is one of the most inspiring people, not because of all of the the awards and accomplishments he had as an athlete. It's more for the growth as a human and that's why I also am trying to grow as a human.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying not to talk over Taylor this entire show. Hockey are hockey player is tougher than boxers?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, okay, boxer. They're pretty tough. Yeah, I would say players.
Speaker 7: It looks like they're punching hard, but I don't think they really are.
Speaker 2: Because they're on ice skates. You can they're also bare knuckled.
Speaker 1: These guys that are playing hockey.
Speaker 2: Can you get on ice skates? Buddy? You can?
Speaker 1: Have you stated before do a toughness like if you put yeah, ice.
Speaker 6: Skates are e Connor guys or you were?
Speaker 1: I'm a big Connor McGregor fan. I think we're in a big limbo as an entertainer. The way he talks, I think easily Mike Tyson is the most feared athlete of all time.
Speaker 2: Like when his prime, when.
Speaker 1: When he came out of prison, of this, when he came into prison, bigger, more cut, eating prison food, that was a scary human being.
Speaker 2: He lost it was a buddy was lost though. I know I watched the same thing with you, but I don't see.
Speaker 1: I'm he's didn't fear him, but he didn't want to be in that fight.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't, he would I was out of it. I wasn't ready turned into some sort of.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree when he says, in his prime, there is nobody like more exciting to watch. That's you, guys, there's nobody more exciting to watch.
Speaker 2: I think he's right.
Speaker 3: But to say he's the best boxer of all time, I didn't do that. I think it falls short because.
Speaker 2: He's the tough.
Speaker 6: Look, he's the greatest, he's the greatest of all time.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 6: Not athlete Bo Jackson is the greatest athlete of all time.
Speaker 2: That is a strong one athlete of all time. I think you Jackson, what about Jackson? Did you see that?
Speaker 6: Somebody goes, hey, Dion, Who's who's the greatest athlete of all time? Are you's Bo Jackson? He goes, no, my cousin was his cousin, My cousin, my cousin Bobo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he's the best athlete he's ever seen.
Speaker 6: He's with me.
Speaker 2: One of the two.
Speaker 6: That funny. It's the biggest character.
Speaker 10: I think he's one of the biggest characters, the greatest character, you know, Connor McGregor, Dan Sanders like ship talkers and just entertaining guys. But Jackson, what he did if he didn't get hurt and and just the store reason. The lore about Bo Jackson are unbelievable. Man, I'm just watching him casually snap bats over his head, over his head, bro over his torque up here?
Speaker 2: Think about you pull that videos.
Speaker 10: It's a compilation. Man, I've seen many, many many snap bats.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 7: Remember Bo Jackson black and white baseball card.
Speaker 6: Watch how mad he is? Okay, watch he kept a bat he was gonna beat somebody with it. And then he goes, no, I'm going to do this. Here we go, Look at this torque?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 6: My superhuman?
Speaker 1: We er this episode to bring you another ad read and that is a Roman.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: It might be a sensitive subject, but it's very important that all of you.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: No, I can say that all I just don't want to. It's a it's a bit of a sorry. I make sure that everything was all good over here. But forty two percent that's almost half a man experienced moderate to extensive hair loss in their lifetime. Roman offers both prescribe medications and over the counter treatments. Roman also offers specially formulated shampoos and conditioners.
Speaker 2: Research shows that eighty percent.
Speaker 1: Of men who are prescribed hair loss treatment had no further hair loss after two years. Getting started as simple, complete a free online visit than a US licensed hair hair care professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan. If medication is appropriate, Roman ships it directly to you with a discrete packaging with free two day shipping. The whole process is straightforward and discrete treatments start at twenty dollars per month on a quarterly plan. Right now, Roman has a special offer for our listeners. Go to row dot co slash Busting Boys and get twenty percent off your first order. That's our dot c slash Busting Boys for twenty percent off. Subscribe great five stars and back to the episode.
Speaker 7: It was that guy who was the heavyweight champion but also the golfer, John Daily.
Speaker 2: John we met not the best guy ever, So we were backstage.
Speaker 10: It's scary to hang out because you know, like these days, like the hangovers hit different now that we're parents and stuff like you not for him.
Speaker 2: The guy never all gas, no breaks, never let up. It was working.
Speaker 10: It's like Keith Richard's diet, you know what I mean, never stop and she always go full full board, you know what I mean an hour.
Speaker 6: If I never stopped, I'd be able to do it, you know, sugar booze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, and he's got his body too, is like pure. Did you see there making a movie fitness? They're making a movie in Jonah Hill and love.
Speaker 2: That when I first got to it.
Speaker 1: When I first got to Nashville in twenty fourteen, I was at Losers UH in Midtown and John Daily was there with Steve ford Is, the owner of Losers and John Daly was hitting golf balls while some guy had a beer can balance on his head off that guy's head.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 10: I just saw a guy one of my golf various golf instagrams I follow, Yeah, and probably fun Boys or something, one of the like morons doing things a bunch of guys and the guy is got his pants down on the tea box and they put a long tea in his asshole and his friend teas off. But it's like it's not a soft tea and it's long tea. And he hits the tea and it was in his ass ripped his asshole open.
Speaker 6: Dude, Oh wait, it was into his assholes.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 6: It'll make you pucker so fucking stupid. God, you're stupid and stupid with all this.
Speaker 11: Makes it all more fun, he was, I think that would hurt your your butt is mark?
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's a whole thing. Oh god, girls are doing it. I can't watch.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Looks like our agent. Oh oh he heard her? What is Oh? Oh, look at him. He's in pain. Oh my, this is the thing people are doing. Now, you guys golf a top of him. Now, I don't know golf people that have made it. I'll tell you what I want to do. My god, this is horrible.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do this as soon as i'm uh, probably a little farther down the road of a c L surgery or rehab.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my pilot's license. I am full bore on that. I've done twenty hours.
Speaker 7: The diversity of the things you're pursuing right now is just astonished.
Speaker 1: I have no direction dude of all time.
Speaker 2: I really did.
Speaker 6: Man was a fighter pilot, tech pilot.
Speaker 2: Coolest thing in the world to me. I got.
Speaker 6: We got into it early.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: I was such a huge fan of aviation. I thought for sure I was going to be a pilot.
Speaker 10: I got accepted to the Naval Academy to go play football for him at a high school. And the great story I was at my sister's wedding before I was supposed to sign my papers and my dad pulled me aside, roaring like tuxedos down at the ranch, and he goes, so, uh, we're proud of you, and you got you got the acceptance letter and you know, you got your nomination.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, thanks dad, you know. And he goes, but uh, Son, I don't think you should go. I was like, what do you mean. He goes, I think you have a major problem with authority.
Speaker 2: A major problem with authority is.
Speaker 6: You're not going to do well in the military.
Speaker 10: So I didn't end up going, but I was always fascinated and I did eight hours when I was in like college, Yeah, there's my pilot's license. My twin brother went and got his license.
Speaker 2: What's he does he have? Everything, instrument, all that stuff he.
Speaker 6: Can hold thing yeah called VFR is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like different there's different levels. Like you can get your first license that has to be like certain like they have toil you can't do anything. Then you get your instrument and then you can do a whole bunch of stuff. And that's how you become a commercial pilot.
Speaker 6: I did a lot of research in this because two years ago I was like, I'm going to take two months and learn how to fly so we can fly everywhere private.
Speaker 2: But I pivoted. I went to sailing instead. Really imagine if cameras every other way that he drove. You can't drink. Yeah, that is an issue.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what, dude, there is a serious business jet.
Speaker 2: It's like two million bucks.
Speaker 1: You three can sit in it comfortably, legs out like minar right now, and it can be piloted by one person. There's a parachute and it gets so.
Speaker 2: I got the stick and I get the stick.
Speaker 1: But if you if something happens to you while you're flying one, you can press a button. The plane will literally find the nearest airport and land.
Speaker 2: There no controls in there at all.
Speaker 6: Were Midland's all drunk in the airplane and just fucking round and say.
Speaker 2: We're not going to make it. We're not going to make it. This is the thing now, yeah, pull up the serious business.
Speaker 6: Why don't we just buy this tailor? So they in Tucson where I live now, at the airport.
Speaker 2: They have a whole You need to live in Cave Creek.
Speaker 10: They have Cave Creek is like so par if you want to, you know, if you're not quite at the level. So they have a squadron. They have a squadron of these and Tucson and they're gorgeous boys.
Speaker 2: They have a yeah, that's the one that they're all black. The ones there literally in the backseat like if the pilot is right here.
Speaker 6: Ask you this. So my twin brother has gone.
Speaker 10: He's vacillated back and forth and he had so the scariest thing ever was doing his first solo. He flew in New Mexico and back. And once you're up there by yourself and you realize that you gotta land that motherfucker, there's that moment of the panic kind of swells off, and then you have to revert to your training and how you know how much you actually studied. It's like the one test you don't want to fucking you can't want to set on right.
Speaker 6: You can't fail that test.
Speaker 10: And then my dad, you know, two tours in Vietnam, decorated combat pilot. He used to fly everywhere. There's partner. They had a twin engine turboprop Sessa in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Gone up here.
Speaker 10: They were flying back from Park City in the eighties and they flew through a thunderstorm. Albeit the radar and stuff is not you know what we have it is now? Yeah, better, right, But they lost an engine and it scared the fuck out of my dad and he had you know, but hit six kids and he's like, yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 2: That was it. I hope to God my wife person hear what you just said.
Speaker 6: Sorry, brother says the same thing. But then he comes back or four years later and he gets so meet on the sail boat. But I don't know about sailboats.
Speaker 2: Well you're a million dollars, you're a beach guy. But he can do with both. You can get million. How much was that?
Speaker 6: But you had three and a half million? Okay, so what's the one happening cost annually? Thousand for maintenance? Yeah, gaining cleaning gas.
Speaker 2: The place you parked, hanger and it comes you gotta.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you're not using you guys go tour for three months. Well you can lease this out and it'll pay for itself and make money.
Speaker 7: Off for three and a half million. Divide by five. I mean we just going on one and.
Speaker 2: I mean five guys losing Se'm losing weight. You do it, fit, man, I appreciate it. Guys, I missed that. I no, I need it so bad.
Speaker 7: Actually, this is a question. I don't know what do do sports teams all have jets the charter, the charter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on the sport.
Speaker 1: Like I think basketball they have like nice planes, like there's like you don't like some private jets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're on United, sit in the back. Yeah, no, you're kidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, players, I got question now because this is exciting. Uh good, Yeah, I like this. It's a good path here. Who what's the hierarchy? Who says where do you guys have a manifest It.
Speaker 1: Depends on what team. I know Willie's had experiences with the Saints where they get to sit and players in the first class in first class on the Titans that is not going to happen.
Speaker 3: This is only like, uh, it'll be like vets and starters, the starters and then like the oldest guys on the team.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if you're a rookie and you're a starter, you're still gonna sit a middle street if you have to. You're still gonna have to sit with somebody.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you get up in the ranks, so you have your whole aisle to yourself off if you want.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 10: I get a question because I was just watching Minnesota and Kirk there. What there're seven and one now?
Speaker 6: Is that? Right?
Speaker 2: Is eight and one? Yeah?
Speaker 10: And the big the big East Sade, you know, the huge still rains and all that and and everything. And he's dancing cousins, right, so is that? And it looks like everybody's got champagne, like you're boozing. Oh yeah, yeah, everybody having drinks.
Speaker 2: Hey, win or lose. We still booze in the plane, haven't it bad? After on the way back came down?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, everybody's drinking on the plane. After the people are drinking on the plane are drinking.
Speaker 2: This is us at the Greek Theater with Mike Tyson there.
Speaker 1: It is so that's a commercial that's a commercial plane. That's like you're You're United your Delta plane.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they charged it. So it's just players. And what's the craziest thing that you've witnessed on in one of these flights? Do you want to go first? I got one in the pocket right here we were flying. We had to go to that. We had to go to London to play against the Chargers. Will was on the team.
Speaker 1: He had a hamstring thing. He can he can make that deal. By the way, we were just talking about this, it's so tough. What I'll say about is like four years or I'm stoked. I think it's awesome. I got to play in London.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. They literally cheer harder for the punts than they do the week of though. But yeah, but you leave on a Thursday and recognize that, Yeah, like on the ball when.
Speaker 1: Through the roof, but when you fly there, like you practice soccer player, Yeah, well you practice Thursday, you get on a plane, you basically take too ambient.
Speaker 2: You pass out, you land in in London. I took to ambient. I'm not waking up for a week. Okay, you take all ambient you take something to.
Speaker 10: Fall Asleepone's got a great sory about his mom taking ambient and not actually going to sleep.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll hit that next.
Speaker 1: So you you literally you you practice in London, sleep on the you practice in the States, sleep on the plane to London. Get to London, you literally go drop your bags off and you go immediately practice because you just landed Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Deal.
Speaker 1: Once you do that, you're for a stay up till seven thirty and then after that, like literally that whole day is miserable. You're so tired, you're walking around the a zombie. The next day you wake up and you kind of you kind of beat the jet lag.
Speaker 6: It's pretty incredible, Okay to the system though, because you if you go to sleep, if you're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do it, high knees, like I guarantee your headjet like he lied about Like that's oh, I gotta tell you that thing about him too. Yeah, always got to talk about that. No, no, no, on the weason do on the record. But the crazy thing I've ever seen on a plane is on on the plane to London. They did give the players the first class seats and we had the nice layd down ones. But on the way back it's like, everybody stay up. You have to stay up the whole time. So everyone is parting like crazy. We lost like a last second couple of plays. Incredible, right, it's you cannon just giving all. No, that's the cologne. Oh I could do a little guy here. Yeah, you guys don't have you been have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of you want one? Yeah, he's a zim boy, azim boy this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my wife, if if good for your hair, those you did like it's a zip I'm like, yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: Fish on the plane. It's about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry, we're on the plane on the way back, and I guess I can say it's smoking a blunt on the plane on a commercial flight.
Speaker 2: Whoa smoking a blunt?
Speaker 1: A flight attendant comes up to him and say, excuse me, sture, you can't do that here, and he goes, oh okay, puts it out, walks away.
Speaker 2: She still can see him, lights it back up, and the didn't care. The rest of the time.
Speaker 1: That plane was hot box the entire way from London back to the States.
Speaker 7: It was when you say commercial, like there were other people, No.
Speaker 2: No, it's a commercial plane.
Speaker 1: Getting that mixed up. It was it's only titans and titan personnel people. But like the whole plane, the whole way back, it's like loud music's playing. Then it's like a it's like a little club in there. It's unbelievable. That sounds like so much fun it is.
Speaker 2: Where is it, Charlie?
Speaker 6: Was it an do you take.
Speaker 2: Their own flight? I think they take their own plane?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Was it a seven four seven with like the.
Speaker 1: Bar and no, it wasn't a seven fourth, but it was a big enough plane where like you had a full lay down situation. It wasn't we had you in like a little apartment thing, but you could almost lay down. It was decently nice guys.
Speaker 3: Are guys are partying the whole time, your whole time, like the g Like when I was playing with poker when we were full on Washington, Scott mccluan and all the boys are like playing cards. Like one time, guys are walking on the plane talking about how they lost one hundred and fifty grand on the plane playing dice and playing cards.
Speaker 7: It's like wild, Yeah, so one more because we're talking about that kind of stuff. One of the like like biggest bummer things I remember hearing around a Super Bowl game.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what team it.
Speaker 7: Was, but uh, it was reported that where the visiting team or one of the teams where like the hotel ever staying and somebody pulled the fire alarm and like you know, three in the morning, they all had to get up go outside of the hotel. I never leave when that happens the hotel. You're saying, you've heard that story, Yeah, that happens, number one. Has that ever happened? Number two? How much would that mess with you if that if that happened, I.
Speaker 2: Flew through before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: We slept through at least one hundred Back in the day.
Speaker 2: We didn't care. I had nothing to live for, there's nothing to do. That's never happened to us on away game.
Speaker 6: But I mean, but I have like that would be sabotage.
Speaker 2: That would every single time we put a house state.
Speaker 1: That happened, every single time the fire alarm would go off in the hotel we were staying at.
Speaker 2: But imagine the Super Bowl with the pressure you already have on. Yeah, I mean I have.
Speaker 1: We are one game away from the super Bowl, one fucking game. Yeah, Patrick Mahomes, Yeah, ye.
Speaker 3: Every year, you guys puent a hostage, you get the fire alarm every Well, we only been there twice.
Speaker 6: So the brown Eye, Yes, what's your crazy story?
Speaker 2: That was it? Like the g lost one hundred and fifty grand? Yeah, I mean I don't have a story. There's no story of somebody.
Speaker 6: You can't share a story.
Speaker 2: I guess I would have been on it. On the plane. You've been on that plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd been on that plane, would have been I remember you being so happy you didn't have to go fast.
Speaker 6: Hey, will Torn asked you your question? No, I'm I'm I'm trying to figure out how to segue into I heard a story back in my music video directing days. The director of photography, the guy, the camera guy, the head of the head of that department.
Speaker 2: He's the DP.
Speaker 6: He'd been around for I told you guys the story. He'd been around for years. He was like a tenured badass dude from New York. And he came up as Wu Tang's videographer and we were sitting at lunch and I was like, dude, like, what's your story, And he goes, yeah, I came up with Wu Tang, And I'm like, oh no, dude, those guys are crazy obviously, right, you know there's some we're dead and the stories go all forever. Yeah, he's like, uh, tells me the story the craziest thing that we're having in him. They charter a they get a private gig or something like that in Florida. So they got a charter from New York down to Florida. They get in a like you know, sixteen passenger jet, right, big jet, yeah, big jet, big PJ. And they get in five five and and this guy's with them because he's their videographer and he he said, immediately they fire up and they start smoking crack, oh my god in the plane, and the pilot is like throws the door open after a while because he thinks it's like weed, oh yeah, I'm hip. Yeah, fine, and then realizes, oh oh, he throws the door open. He's like, you put that shit out right now. He's like, this is like put it out, like I can't, Like I'm getting secondhand. By the time it comes to landing this plane, the pilot is high on crack. Oh my god, he's tweaking. Okay, he landed the plane. He lands the plane right now, and they open the deal and the guy had landed in the parking lot of the airport. Okay, because he's so high, he's wigging. He goes, get the fuck off of her. I'm gonna lose my license. Holy she's tweaking sirens. They're coming right, and he's like, if you got anything on this plane right now, you better get fucking rid of it.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're wootang, we have things. Not only.
Speaker 6: Are they obviously carrying like you know, whatever that they've been smoking, they've got like suitcases full of cash and guns.
Speaker 2: Contract. So these fools are like in taxi cabing like the ship.
Speaker 6: And apparently they got out before the black airport cops.
Speaker 2: The black car.
Speaker 6: Airport cops got almost got on there almost the black car SUV airport cops. Those turbulent, but we made it so when you get your pilot's license, don't smoke crack. I think smoking pot in the back maybe, Okay. I've never been high on secondhand smoke from marijuana.
Speaker 2: And landed a plane, but I feel who you let.
Speaker 6: Fly in that six crack cocaine? You inhale a second hand smoke of it and it will make you high.
Speaker 10: Remember we met ghost faith in Nashville. Oh, we met Rakwon right back in the day and dude, he was the dopest guy who met him outs at the hotel.
Speaker 6: We're coming in for a meeting and chat with them from oh from potentially a hostile takeover on a stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, takeover on a Southwest Now here's a great.
Speaker 1: Things almost random podcasts I think we've ever done.
Speaker 2: We literally landed. We had a layover. We had a year.
Speaker 6: This is years ago, sex six years ago.
Speaker 10: We had a layover in Vegas and we were still this is before this, this is before we had any we're still dead broken radio tour.
Speaker 6: Been on the road for like that year.
Speaker 10: I think we including all the radio performances, we did like three hundred and like sixty shows in one year.
Speaker 6: It was insane.
Speaker 10: Every one of us had like a mental breakdown, anxiety attacks, like.
Speaker 6: You know, we were just running on empty the whole time.
Speaker 10: So we we have a layover and our flights gets canceled that we have a six hour, six hour layover in Vegas.
Speaker 2: So we get out and what do you do.
Speaker 6: When you have a six hour layover? You go to the Hooters casino five dollars you have the best wings and you go to the five dollars blackjack tables.
Speaker 10: They're the only guys and you know a lot of pot. Well no, well we forgot to smoke pot while we're there during the six hour layover. But I remember that had this joint, Mark, let me finish the story. I had this, but you know, back in the day, like it was a little bit different, like traveling with pot, like it's still it was basically illegal almost every state in the Union. So I was like, oh my god, so fire up this joint and just pipe this thing, just powerhouse right. Then get in the car and immediately realized within about ten minutes that I got way too high, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, super hungover. I'm like, and I'm there. I gotta just say my part because this is chronological.
Speaker 7: Sorry, So for my part of this, I I sit on this plane and I'm not going to go into too much description, but the guy who sits down next.
Speaker 2: This is back when we're flying coach, you know, which which maybe the best airline, And so.
Speaker 7: I'm in the I'm in the window much anymore, but so I'm like, you know, trapped over in the window. And then the guy who sits in the middle seat. I've never in my life gotten a vibe and I didn't even smoke pot but the vibe I was getting off this guy was like the sketchiest Like It's just there were so many like combat booths, red flags with this guy, like like really like fidgety the whole time.
Speaker 6: And just like you're not going to like combat gear, but listen, there was potentially when you're as high as I was, you know, you get you get a like a sixth sense, Okay, And I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, I decide that something's going.
Speaker 2: To go down, and it is now my job also looking he is also looking you guys, and they're they're communicating.
Speaker 10: They're sending text class forth from the back to the front of the plane, right everybody, because I'm tuned in, like I'm really high, right, and I'm just like I'm seeing this and I'm like, oh my god, this is it.
Speaker 7: Mark, by the way, is eight rows ahead of us.
Speaker 2: Right, He's not even like.
Speaker 10: I'm like, I'm freaking out. Okay, I'm too high, all right. I smoked sativa. I don't usually smoke sativa. I powerhouse this entire joint. I'm a listen I know now I've learned on my limits. I'm of one puff guy for an edible Indica, really mellow. I like just a touch of anything. I don't like getting too drunk. I don't like getting too high and like doing any of that stuff. And okay, just picture yourself just being the most hung over, exhausted, and the highest you've ever been. And you know sometimes when you're when you're too high on pot, it's like the scariest drug in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, mentally.
Speaker 10: Are that these two guys are gonna like try to take over the plane or something. It's gonna be like a hostage scene.
Speaker 6: So like, I just going straight like my dad Marine corpsode, and I just start as soon as we take off, and as soon as they say the seatbelt sign gets up, I get up and I start patrolling the plane.
Speaker 10: So here's where I'm patrolling the plane in cowboy boots.
Speaker 2: It's a four hour flight. It's all all denim. I've got a wrangler vest on, I've got I put my cowboy back on boy.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here's where I splice it. Vegas to wear Vegas to Pensacola it's four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay. Flight.
Speaker 6: I wake up because I had been drinking heavily. Yeah, Vaga's been drinking or which has never happened to anybody before, never, So I wake up. By the way, can we talk about how dry your mouth gets on a flight when you fall asleep.
Speaker 2: I drink. It's tough. So you leader a fluid an hour.
Speaker 6: Like Fireman fucking Ville and you're and I wake up and I open my eye and Mark is doing this thing. What's work doing? He's walking as slow as you possibly can walk on this plane, and he's patrolling this way. I'm facing this way, and he's got his hands for whatever reason, probably stabilizing, stabilizing. He's running his hands across the falls. The baggage bins gets so dirty, and he's looking. He's looking at every single person in every row. I'm scanning now, scanning, And he makes eye contact with me, and I go, what's up? And he goes, he passes mom.
Speaker 2: He he goes back that look. I had that dog in me by the time he sits down. You don't want to like this. I didn't want to ruin Cameron's world at this point. Dude in front of me. I didn't want to invite.
Speaker 6: I was in three in front and like one across and we're both aisle seats.
Speaker 2: Mark, I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm so confused. I've been asleep for hours now.
Speaker 13: I have no idea what's going on, not me and tensions.
Speaker 6: I take my test text all right, can't get a hold of Jess. But there's a couple of suspicious guys on the plan. I'm keeping an eye on him. Just watch me if anything goes down.
Speaker 2: How much anxiety immediately due anxiety flying to I was? I had?
Speaker 6: You know, I always travel with a little helper guy, a little xan X guy like I keep it in there. I never take it, but knowing I have it, so I'm fishing around. Oh fuck, oh thank god I got.
Speaker 2: The XANX in here. Yeah, well it out.
Speaker 6: It's a pebble that's been in my pocket for a year.
Speaker 2: Who knows that? Bad boy?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, say to say we got to Pensacola. Uh, nothing happened, thankfully to Rangdalls storm we landed, the weed had worn off, and oh no, Mark, you were so you still believe I remember distinctly going to baggage, claiming the story that you gave us.
Speaker 2: But just of course that's true, but just no, I mean, Mark just did vibe and he wasn't. I mean, after after this all happened, I was the guy during the flight. Did you notice what was sitting next to the guy?
Speaker 7: I was just blown away that somebody else, especially somebody who's sitting ten rows ahead of us, like also I could get this vibe off this guy. But the best part was when Mark was going up and down the aisle patrolling. He didn't want to he didn't want to draw too much attention, so he would look at the guy through the corner of his eyes and he would just pass by and his eyes would have to.
Speaker 6: Go like far.
Speaker 2: On you can rest as So then we were all joking.
Speaker 10: We went we went to our favorite pub in Pensacola. What's what's the pub called that we go to?
Speaker 6: The where all the fly boys go.
Speaker 10: My dad used to go there when he got My dad went to flight school in Penscola, so it's like all the Navy.
Speaker 2: What is it called google the the.
Speaker 10: Iris Pensacola where they have all the dollar billscguire Maguire's Irish pubets. If you ever in Penscola. It is one of the great pubs and bar experiences in the world. They have something like two point three million dollars of dollar bills on the walls and you put it like dollar bills to get in there. Yeah, post called something like that, but it's real money. It's been it's been insured in case the place ever burns down. It's really going for years and years. All the all the musical pilots go there, live music. It's a great place. So we came up with the name.
Speaker 2: My nickname is Aggressive Randall Storm, this Randall Storm. That's because.
Speaker 6: Marshall Randall's Storm, margin Marshall Storm. And to this day I think that, like I never smoked that much pot anymore, every again, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Smoked that much pot because it was I literally.
Speaker 10: I roped roped the dope straight to the dome straight about five minutes because we were running late. All a sudden, we had a six hour layover and of course you know we're about to miss our flight though.
Speaker 6: But we also we didn't say we won like six hundred bucks. I'm sensitive off off like twenty or thirty bucks like I took out because that's all the cause of the day, black la or poker for you guys or you craps guys.
Speaker 1: I don't like crafts I think the social game of craft sport it's a team so fun. You have that that do not pass line, some asshole comes on that and then okay, well now we have somebody to hate.
Speaker 2: You got you got a loud voice. So craps is your I do.
Speaker 1: But I last time I was in Vegas, the boys doing Olne Ship preposingly year, we went to Vegas and we started, Hey, craps sable, that's what we're gonna do. So we all we get our table, we're all there, we start rolling. We absolutely get dummied, like I lost two grand like that, like poor. I was like, this is I've been here forty five minutes, Like I saw the gates. So I bailed on that head Blackjack. The rest of time, which I had maybe the most incredible head of my life. I always go to Vegas with like the thought process of I'm willing to lose this much more, that's it. Yes, So my my end of the year thing was ten thousand dollars. If I lose ten thousand, then I'm that's it.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 1: I can't lose anyone that I was down on my last twenty five hundred dollars and I had a credit line. I'm I'm on the black deg table. I get a seven or right, two sevens? Gotta split it? So I have to go, Hey, let me get twenty five hundred more. They give me twenty five hundred more. Now I'm past my ten thousand dollars. Mark, get another seven. You gotta split that? Are you supposed to split sevens? Against what it was at four? It was against the four marks? All about what you're splitting? Yeah, So, and I'm a super conservative, like I'll hold on fifth room sometimes I'm super conserveive on the poker table. So like I end up getting four to sevens. Wow, yes, lucky first one. Nikolin dined my way all the way to twenty one. How much money is on the table with five hundred nuts on the table, I'm already about to lose my ten grands, so I'm about to be in the whole another ten close to twenty oh yeah, close to twenty at this point.
Speaker 2: So your boy, I'm sweating. Yeah, but you Nicolin dim to twenty one.
Speaker 1: I nicol and died was one to twenty one, I nickel and dime the second one to twenty one. I nicolin dined the third one at twenty one. I am now hit three twenty one. I'm living the fucking dream. The next car that flips over that seven is a four. Got a double, Oh give me another twenty five hundred twelve five, And just like that, I was back.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest. I had all my friends around me, we were like four to five was in. Oh my god. It was like one of those elighted.
Speaker 1: Couldn't believe about the boys are high five and it was maybe my greatest gambling moment in my entire life.
Speaker 3: I would argue, you're in a moment like that, like maybe one of the best vibes of all times, feeling.
Speaker 2: That you can't It's like winning the super Bowl. I mean it's like I would have said the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Well, I would assume what moment, yeah, outside of like winning the World Series or super Bowl, right then something like that, Like when when else are you feeling something.
Speaker 6: Like oh, I don't know, yeah, And that's when Vegas is built up so big like that. That the the lure of experience in that, you know, the quick money there's nothing, but it's it's smart to have that that has got to have your number. You gotta have your number down and then you have to walk away because there's those that I'll double it back.
Speaker 2: I'll get it back. Yeah, I can. I give myself one or two of those. I do too. Yeah, you gotta have a buffer to your buffet.
Speaker 10: I'll get to the earthing in moderation, including moderated.
Speaker 2: I'll get the roulette and just bet on the outside and I'll figure it. You don't put one bumper up.
Speaker 7: I've hit roulette. I've hit my number like twice.
Speaker 2: Have you heard Pat McAfee three numbers on roulette? Dude? You know what one time red or black otter. Even if I lose, I double back, I mean hitting. If you hit a number, I'll get back to eat. Yeah til I get back to twice.
Speaker 7: And if you if that happens, you're you kind of chase that feeling like first like when like that?
Speaker 2: Huhs, Duke Cannon not for clowns.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to tell you happy Thanksgiving from the boys to you. This ad read is brought to you by the One, the Only, Duke Cannon. The presenting sponsor of our bus and Boll Trophy a couple weeks ago. The Duke Cannon Holiday Collection features sense that men actually like and packaged in keepsake boxes to be cherished for weeks. Bring great smiling holiday cheer to any stocking, white elephant, exchange or gift giving occasion, or just buy it for the entire locker room.
Speaker 2: If you're one of the boys.
Speaker 3: Made in the USA by humans, not elves. Unlike the cranberry spice candle, you'll actually appreciate these sins after December twenty fifth, that's Christmas. A portion of the proceeds benefit veterans and active duty military. You can purchase anything in the Duke Cannon Holiday Collection at Duke Cannon dot com and at Target stores everywhere. The biggest brick of soap the holiday names and sense. I will go ahead and say I legally cut pine soap, a fresh pine scent, Rudolph's much deserved night cap soap. It's a cinnamon and antique wood scent. I know you can smell it right now just hearing my words. Check out Duke Cannon at any Target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for a generous fifteen percent off. Maybe you look to do it this Black Friday season. That's Duke Cannon dot com. Use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. Duke Cannon not for clowns. Back to the episode, I want to talk.
Speaker 1: I want to talk more about you guys' music. And I know it's probably not your most favorite category to talk about.
Speaker 2: We let it know.
Speaker 10: We're the worst at self promotion. Every interview we do, we just send a just joking and bullshit.
Speaker 1: And remember at House, the thing that been at Sohouse, It's like one of my most fun times I've had.
Speaker 6: That was the fun night.
Speaker 1: That was an outstanding night. I to give you guys your flowers. I think what you guys do it's almost twenty enough to almost like you're making fun of it a little bit. I like it, really, I love I love the direction you guys are headed. Which is what I want to talk about with the country music stuff. Is you guys could easily just go sell out, put a couple of beats on your on your music, and then all of a sudden, I actually are on multiple radios.
Speaker 6: I think actually the inverse or the reverse of what you might think would happen. It would happen to us, really did that? Now we would lose everything. We would lose the fans that we current have. Yes, I think that would happen, and then fans that we don't have would listen to us and be like, this doesn't sound like these guys. This doesn't sound like authentic to these guys, and or we wouldn't get fans that would last. So it would blow up in your face like a firecracker.
Speaker 2: Even if we know we were going to get paid, we still wouldn't do that.
Speaker 7: And that that is that'd be like you playing football in a way that that you felt was demeaning to your character.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? It is it is a little different the game like football got a price for anything?
Speaker 7: No, I mean, but the style, the style of the style when you play not the team, not the team, but like a good way you play on the.
Speaker 2: On the field, you know what I mean, like yeah, dirty, yeah, just win.
Speaker 10: I have a little bit of a I have a little a bit of a different perspective of that because I think it's really actually difficult to put a finger on the Midland sound. Because I do think that our influences are quite vast and spans across genres, you know, from rock and roll to R and B to soul. There's elements of gospel, there's bluegrass, the blues, you know, good old country in Western it's all kind of fused in there.
Speaker 2: So I think that.
Speaker 10: What happens is when people an artist will take like an outside song, or they'll take the direction of a record label or an an R guy or girl and a producer, and they'll kind of let them take them out of their realm of authenticity. So I think it's I think you actually do have quite an expansive circle to make music that not everybody can say is like that one thing, because I think that's actually putting yourself in a little bit of a of a box.
Speaker 6: You said a difference of opinion to who's opinion?
Speaker 10: Well maybe I don't know. Maybe what were you guys are saying? Maybe just adding to I had a thought to put onto it. And I do think that Midland. What what the fun thing about that is having three artists and three different perspective It does expand that sound and that idea.
Speaker 6: And you know, I don't it's it's who knows the direction where we're going?
Speaker 3: To Go.
Speaker 10: But for me personally, I feel like our latest album, The Last Resort Greetings From has been an evolution and a progression for us. And I think with every album starting chronologically to the sonic branch, then to on the Rocks, then to Let It Roll, then to the Last Resort, I think you're seeing like a progression, progression in the quality of the songwriting and also in the sonic.
Speaker 6: Quality of it.
Speaker 10: You know, I think it is expanding and growing. But I understand that people the first you know, when you're first exposed to an artist, you know, it has a it's it's that first that first impression, right, it has a people do an impact on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm a big fan of guys music. I love I love what you guys do.
Speaker 1: I think your biggest selling point is the three of you though. It's you guys playing beer pong in the audience at an award show. It's you guys having your the style of you guys do, and people look at the going like, what are they what are they doing?
Speaker 2: What are they up to?
Speaker 1: You guys hear yourself in a way that people are going to be attracted to, and that's going to.
Speaker 2: Bring you to music, bring you to your music.
Speaker 1: And I think when you look at what like what you guys do, how you guys act, and how you guys are approaching things from the outside looking in or from the outside, you can see like it matches up with your music perfectly.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That's very sweet of you to say it. Appreciate you, brother, Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well and now you what do you got?
Speaker 3: Piggybacking off Taylor, I like to repeat a couple of things. It's to say what he's saying or not to Yeah, he was like meeting up with you guys, like I remember my first year here. I think we were over at man where was it Urban party a couple of years ago already Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Uh, you guys were you guys were back. You guys were back somewhere, And Taylor was just so stoked to go back and like hang out with you guys, Like, yeah, we met at the Love the Midland Boys. Yet the beer pong.
Speaker 1: These guys, so that beer pong that completely honest, I did not I had not heard one song that party.
Speaker 7: So this party, the c a a beer pong tournament and they everybody got mesh Red football jerseys, you know when you show up and we cut the sleeves off ours and we crop topped them.
Speaker 2: So that was our vibe. And this is a this is a c A party. Like there's higher ups there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's big names there, small names there, but everyone's kind of trying to figure out where everyone matches up.
Speaker 2: And I'm with uh Shadows Rosie Frantz and Uh We're like, yeah, we were partners whatever.
Speaker 1: And I see these three dudes acting like bligering idiots and I'm like, how can I get around them?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: No, and then we play each other.
Speaker 1: It was fake because blowing each other, They're like they're doing the most ridiculous things while I'm paying people. I was like, this is exactly what I want to be around. And you guys like you should come to Old Red And literally I left that situation.
Speaker 2: I put the music on and I was like, oh, I fuck, I get it. I messed with it.
Speaker 10: I think we like to have we like to have fun, and that's how we bloff steam and we handle the pressure and the business and the kind of the schedule of it all is the three of us are just having a great time. But we take the music really seriously and we take the you know, we take the quality of it and the performance and stuff. But we're having we're having fun. And I think that's just we're we're it's not lost in us that we're going to make music for a living and that's this should be fun. And yeah, you can be a serious artist. But you know, look at the Stones, look at the Beatles. They were the funniest motherfuckers that you'd ever seen.
Speaker 7: You know. Yeah, I mean we blow steam. I mean steams are roady like he's always hanging out.
Speaker 6: The authenticity of would be a good stay word the guys, we've already read listen.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna if.
Speaker 1: There is there's a level that people want to be around, because I think in a world we live in today, social media, everyone's trying to be somebody that tiktoks all that stuff. When you see somebody acting a certain way, it's why it's so attractive for people want to be around it. That's why it's not a lot. That's why Willy is there's not a lot of personally want to be around. He's an authentic at being himself always.
Speaker 2: No you guys, let me let me tell you guys.
Speaker 1: Now, you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, look I've become an obsessive fan. You guys know this. I text you all the time now.
Speaker 6: And I'm glad that you guys had a chance to or we got to figure this out where we can come back on and hopefully we could do this again, because I felt like, after literally listening to hundreds of hours of your guys's pod now the Midland one was the most chaotic. That's beautiful, gnarly. Yeah, yeah, so this has been so much more of a pleasant share. Growth to beyond that is growth, definitely, but.
Speaker 1: Getting to cut up. How many times can put his hand on Mark's leg? It has happened seventeen.
Speaker 6: Times I communicating with him.
Speaker 2: I like you no, but you guys for a while. You guys are know this thing. We huge.
Speaker 6: You guys are great charismatic. Uh you're you're definitely.
Speaker 2: I hope that this is like growing up.
Speaker 6: How we probably grew up, specifically you and I in a big family and like around a lot of sports and.
Speaker 2: With a lot of shit talking.
Speaker 6: It was it was just very familiar the way that you guys get on, you know, and I actually have your your particular brand of it is like overwhelming, like positivity that wasn't our brand when growing up, Like it was shipped on your buddy as hard as you can in front of other friends. Yeah yeah, and like that, that's how it is with my brothers, you know, like there is no flowers barely ever. In fact, I give a speech the other night after the Greek that gave my brother flowers and it might have been our closest moment of all time ever.
Speaker 2: Granted I was on drugs, but I made every word of it. But I like what you guys do and that you can.
Speaker 6: Have conflict, but also there's like it's always positivity forward. There's a humor in it too, which I find really infectious, Like it's and it's genuine. So like you guys have tapped into that, which is why I believe your pod is so successful and will continue to grow, because you're influencing a whole generation of dudes.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, it's probably ninety eight percent listeners. I correct, Yeah, it might be generous, but yeah, yeah, ninety nine point eight. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And and point to women that don't know their sexuality yet, Yeah, they're outstanding.
Speaker 1: Well, we got there's a couple out there out there because you guys are hot. Well I must ask back.
Speaker 2: But it's cool.
Speaker 6: It's it's changed my whole philosophy on on I can't go I can't go backwards with my brothers.
Speaker 2: I just can't do it.
Speaker 6: But the boy I have noticed that I've I've changed my approach to getting yucks.
Speaker 2: But also like, because that's how you we live on the road. It's the same thing.
Speaker 6: It's like being a sports team, like you have to engage people. You can't just be blowing each other all the time about it's so great, fucking all this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's It's not how I like to spend my time.
Speaker 6: It's not three really fucking challenging, like figuring out how to diss somebody in a funny way that doesn't destroy them.
Speaker 2: Now that's interesting.
Speaker 7: Can I share the first uh text chain that the three of us were on. We were like very first starting this band, like early, like first few messages and uh, I have no recollection. Well I called you because you can. I don't know how I remember this because I do have the memory. But you guys were going to go to the old place and it was like Mark was like, hey, why don't you swing by and pick me up because I'm like on your way or something like that, and You're like, I'm not going to pick you up, and Mark was like why wouldn't you Just like you know, all you gotta do is.
Speaker 2: And then it and then it just.
Speaker 7: Evolves into like, you know, just the like craziest you know ship talking ever and it's just and to me, like I grew up in the country with a sister who's way older than me, cut off from society basically no TV and stuff like that, so I wasn't from that background, and it was like so over the top like this the ship talking that. I literally called camera up and I was like, dude, is like the band already over Like it's like is your friendship? Like like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You're not friends with market? Like no, I'm picking up, like you're not friends with rifle?
Speaker 6: That night we did we did discharge the rifle that night and it was your birthday yea, on the way home in the mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it is a learned.
Speaker 6: It's it's a learned and just has had to roll the punches. God blessed, I still.
Speaker 2: Know how, you know.
Speaker 7: It's like we'll be like in jests and they'll be like, I'm gonna slit your throat while youre sticking tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too far.
Speaker 1: That's friendships when you can just like insult that person beyond belief, like really just tear him down. And that's when I feel like me and this person are now.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 7: That is one of the things that I've learned the most, probably from being in this because and and that's necessary. I see outfits that are out on the road, bands that don't have that, and man, you can't if you can't have a daily dose of laughing really hard on the road, dude, it's it's not good.
Speaker 10: It's how you navigate. It's how you navigate all the pressure and stuff. It's honestly, it's boredom and boredom. I mean, it's it's tough. It's not easy. Like the amount of time that we spend you guys know, I mean, you know, the amount of of energy and burn that you have to do being a pro athlete, the amount of travel and the amount of sacrifice you got to do, and being away from home and away from your family.
Speaker 6: It's really tough.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: So you gotta go out and have you gotta have the most fought. Yeah, there's a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Wow, guys with the Wieners out and all that, there's a lot. There's a lot of big winners and all that stuff. Okay, So last night, So this is last night.
Speaker 7: Camer and I are at the We're at the BMI Awards, all three of us, and Camera and I go to the bathroom at the same time.
Speaker 2: And there's two bathrooms. That's confusing.
Speaker 7: One is just stall stalls, right, and we end up in that one. It's only me and Cameron and another guy comes in. He goes into a stall and he's taking a leak standing up and he just rips the most like like a sound effect part right like just like and Cameron's washing his hands at this point, and he goes, I'd like to sign you to a record deal.
Speaker 2: Son. He goes, that was a beautiful song. A record deal. I think. Guys are laughing. Oh it's awesome. Yeah, man, what else? Boys? Growth?
Speaker 10: I gotta take growth, growth, Speaking of growth, wildcats already three times three times last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many how many ones you guys have? I'm sorry that I lost something.
Speaker 6: We've been playing them close.
Speaker 2: We lost We were in the game we were one score game against penis what is what we're gonna get out at the sum I was gonna ask you, Oh wow, you guys everything so breaking up? Yes, Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Think Actually I think if COVID didn't hit, and if we didn't get a break in twenty twenty and to have a reset and have a chance to release The Sonic Branch, release the documentary The Sonic Branch and kind of all reflect on how far we'd come. I think you kind of lose sight of that sometimes the starting point to where you're at. You know, if you're going like around the world, you kind of forget about the first two towns that you went to. Maybe and I think that was a full reset for us when it was kind of taken away from us.
Speaker 6: And dude, imagine playing it, we're basically on the roads that never end. Imagine that your brain starts to diminish into mush and I can, for one and tell you guys, everyone's stay in this room. Like I was not the best partner in bandmate, Like you know, when the jokes start to get a little too real and your buddies is like, what's behind that?
Speaker 1: Like that was me a lot, you know, like just utterly trying to find a place for that anger to go right, you know, Like, how do I.
Speaker 2: Get off this fucking this wagon?
Speaker 8: You do?
Speaker 7: You do get to that point just from exhaustion, you know, And I feel like that exhaustion has brought us to the brink sometimes. But I think deep down there's always that that knowing that I think the three of us would really regret it and miss it.
Speaker 2: It's like a marriage, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's like you might get in a really big fight, but if you actually split up, you know, you would really regret it and and miss it.
Speaker 10: It's not like a marriage is a marriage, but it's imagine, you know, introducing a third party.
Speaker 2: Guess it gets complicated. We don't. You can't. I mean you could, but we don't.
Speaker 6: Oh you should. That might what we don't have sex with each other, But I don't know are we.
Speaker 2: Gonna address them. We've been talking an awful lot about how I mean, I'm reading I'm reading this.
Speaker 10: I'm reading this book about Mick Jaggery right now, and it's like it's it's it's unbelievable wild how he didn't.
Speaker 2: Try everything twice? Right? I try everything thirteen times.
Speaker 10: I mean, like here right now, I mean, I think now where we're at, it's it's hard to break through as an artist, and it's it's it's it's fucking impossible. Literally ninety nine zero point nine percent of the people that try it, they never they never break through to the point where you actually have a body of work and you have a fan base that is sustainable basically for the rest of your career. I feel like even if Middlan never had another hit or never we're on the radio again. I feel like we could have a great living just being a touring act like The Grateful It or like Jimmy Buffett, just because our live show is so good and and I'll put the stamp on that.
Speaker 6: I mean, dude, we've already proven that we haven't had a hit since Burnout the number one.
Speaker 7: Playing live, you know, I mean, like there's we're Mike Tyson when it comes to concert.
Speaker 10: Orld, you know, the broken through and where we're at now and you know, now we're back.
Speaker 6: To kind of you know, cruising, it's easy.
Speaker 10: It's not as much friction, but the amount of friction that we had you had to you had to overcome to get to this place was unbelievable, and that, of course created exhaustion, and you know, it created a lot of tension between the three of us plus what we do. You got to as you guys probably know, and people listening like. Music is a deeply personal thing, and it's a deeply subjective thing, and it's a deeply opinionated thing when you're making it, So all that tension is always kind of lying around, and how you navigate that is is the point of differentiation between bands that break up and don't make it and bands that succeed and make it. You know, you don't see a lot of bands that that do keep it going. You know, the Stones are are one of the only ones. But they still had a rotating cast of characters. You know, people didn't survive it, The Eagles didn't. They changed the cast of characters. And it's not an easy thing.
Speaker 2: Speaking up, boys.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard the news, but you guys might be playing a concert in k Tree, Arizona, come October next year.
Speaker 2: That would be great. Have you heard? We haven't heard? We remember?
Speaker 1: Talk to your manager. Yeah, he told me what you guys would be great? Would you guys charging it. And then you said to me, he goes spot over it if he knows you, guess might be a discount. I said, no, I don't want. I don't want the discount. Well, think about it like I want the boys to come and be happy.
Speaker 6: I've always thought about that in respect to that which whatever, take it or leave it. But I feel like that is like art, right. I don't believe in getting discount art. I if you're buying art for your house, going, don't negotiate the guy down.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I will negotiate anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Greek nou if that's the market value, I want to pay what the market value is for a piece of art.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about.
Speaker 6: Art's a little different because it's so subjective and it's yeah, but I'm not like going, that's great, I love it, I want it, but I want ten thousand off with art.
Speaker 10: You said a precedent, so if you actually paid that, that actually factors out.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Next is exactly what I'm saying. Thank you, Mark, So you're on the same side as him. We can't tell. I don't know, man, I'm just like when you were when you woke up and knocked out right.
Speaker 3: Now, what happened is what are we talking about about NASCAR drivers and hockey? You're like, it's like a hockey player. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I meant that hockey players are the.
Speaker 6: They're fucking tough.
Speaker 2: Dude. You think they're the toughest sport.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're the toughest sport because they don't make as much contact as football players.
Speaker 2: I think that they are there. That's been sitting on my brain for a while. You said that earlier. We were kind of we were on something way different. Yeah, here's what I like about. You want to know what the toughest is. You want to know the toughest sport is golf? Golf?
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, like mentally, I know you have skill wise, but everybody does it so frustrated.
Speaker 10: I bet the tolls of the stress that you go through fucking learning how to play golf and try to get better, it's probably like causes more heart attacks and stress and cancer and ship.
Speaker 2: Well, then you shouldn't be playing golf the hart I'm thinking about quitting. To be honest, guys, let me let me gavel down.
Speaker 6: If you aren't naturally inclined towards it. Every I see day, it's a gift. The guy is a gift. I give you a gift, girl. I think it has been hard for most people to pick up golf because most people are not naturally inclined towards it.
Speaker 2: And the thing is it's the most successible.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So you've got a lot of guys, you boys, let's go play us accessible sports. Basketball. Yeah, you know what I think about accessible sports. I think the hardest sport, like to me, basketball, You got five guys out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But if you're talking about what's the hardest sport, just learning basics, right, going to just it's not hard.
Speaker 2: Because you because you can go to you can go yeah, f one shooting right, those are the bas right, I would agree with you. I don't think golf. I don't think golf.
Speaker 1: Golf's got a real argument in this situation here, because anybody, everybody at every age is picking up a club.
Speaker 3: At every.
Speaker 11: Walk.
Speaker 1: You can the hardest, the hardest, actual hardest sport, the hardest sport to play?
Speaker 2: Football? No, you know what, you know what I think about Okay a lot. For some reason when you're.
Speaker 1: Young, buddy, it's not like Okay, okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: Recording. Here's here's what I think about a lot for the most difficult sports? Who ranked it? Ross from friends? Boxes that we're talking three on the ball, four water, polo.
Speaker 6: Five.
Speaker 10: Waters very hard is hard, but to skiing, surfing is way harder to get any of those?
Speaker 2: Do you guys? Do you guys never think it's really hard? Okay, I don't think it was board boards board it's hard. Hold on, hold on, hold hold hold on. I gotta say that.
Speaker 6: Have you guys the hardest?
Speaker 7: Do you guys ever think about like what what sport could you accidentally.
Speaker 2: Camera?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What more?
Speaker 7: What sport could you accidentally like look like you knew how to do for like one second?
Speaker 2: Like basketball? You know what do you like? Do you guys ever think of the one second? Maybe all of them except for skateboarding. If you sell me you're practicing and that's the only one.
Speaker 3: You can't be nice?
Speaker 2: Isn't that thing?
Speaker 7: And it's like like say it, let's say like a buzzer beater, like one of Jordan's right, Like in this crazy world of luck, somebody else could come in there, get the ball and sink it right. Skateboard nobody could play ball by by luck, go do a kickflip rails down down a twelve stair.
Speaker 1: I I can get on board with a bad argument. I think, what is the argum about skateboarding, dude, is it's such a hard deal and what what are we doing with the scooter stuff?
Speaker 2: That sport deal?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it's coolest. Fuck like my wife's member, so he does as fun. I I started doing it. I started skateboarding. Oh sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Rugby is the hardest sport.
Speaker 6: Of all time. Rugby is hard. It is tough. It's the toughest sport on the body you play and fingers in the butt. It's the easiest sport is run forward with the hardest thing to do it could be hitting a fastball, hitting off of You might get lucky and do that.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about not getting three me.
Speaker 1: You're good from a talent standpoint. The hardest thing to just pick up and do would be hockey or skateboarding.
Speaker 2: No, I can pick it. I can play hockey, pick up and.
Speaker 6: Up in California. I can put skates on right now, do do loops. I could do ship, I could get on it and go. I can do I could skate backwards skating a decade ago where you're saying I can skate backwards immediately getting on right.
Speaker 1: Now, buddy, I I listen. I love you to death, and you know that, like I think you're a fantastic friend.
Speaker 6: And three hundred dollars, three hundred dollars, three hundred dollars, I've already got a.
Speaker 2: Bath for three undred. Now I'm I'm echoing the three hundred here.
Speaker 1: You can get on skates right now and go skate like you know how to skate thousands hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Like, what do I do? How do we do this? Well, I'll call somebody. We gotta yeah, we'll call somebody.
Speaker 6: You got you know, so many players for the Predator immediately put them suckers on.
Speaker 2: I could do. I could do that. I could or I could do rollerblade and your stops both sides. Wait, you're adding things. You just skate like you know how to. I gotta stop.
Speaker 1: I could stop, not to drag your heel behind it. Oh, I can stop, you can, oh thousand sides left foot forward and right.
Speaker 10: For for I feel like I could figure that really fast if you give me the real pass and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, I can do I think I can figure that out. It's just like drilling. You gotta call your boy.
Speaker 6: I started rolling bad and drilling with no guy with the roller roller rink.
Speaker 2: To me, it's like doing drills with basketball. Like you do it enough, like you'll figure out now right. He's talking about getting immediately eating get the ice.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be ankle bending and grabbing the corners before fifteen cents.
Speaker 7: And you know what, this works out because we're going to bridgetone in like an hour.
Speaker 6: So bro, so we define it hardest sport at the highest level, Basketball.
Speaker 2: At the highest level, hardest sport of the highest of.
Speaker 6: Course, easiest sport to start surfing basketball.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode, which I hope you are thoroughly enjoying, to bring you wondering shoutout, wondering, no free shoutouts. Former NFL star Ryan Shazier wants to make something clear. When doctors told him he would never walk again after a devastating on field injury, it wouldn't be his last play for Ryan. Miraculously walking back onto the football field was his only option because the one thing the odds don't account for is the will to overcome. Don't call it a Comeback is a new podcast from Wondery co hosted by Ryan Shazier, a former Pro Bowl linebacker, along with Dave Damschek, a former fantasy analyst on the NFL Network. Don't Call It a Comeback covers the greatest comebacks from this past week in sports stories like Albert Pouholts resurgence to join the seven hundred club, in major culture movements like Rihanna headlining the Super Bowl halftime show, Fourth and Goal with seconds Left.
Speaker 2: This new podcast is your weekly.
Speaker 3: Reminder that it ain't over till it's over and who doesn't love an upset from the underdog nobody saw coming? Follow Don't Call It a Comeback on Amazon Music. Apple podcasts are listen early and add free by joining Wondery plus in Apple podcasts or the Wondery app.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode and Jory Thanksgiving. All right, boys, shout out for a free shout out. It's shout shadow is they don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah shadowt No free Shadow is giving a little bit of love to the little things in life. For instance, Will's shoutout No Free Shadow last week, which was what you was the walking escalators at airports, which was a great one. That's a fantastic that's a fantastic shot.
Speaker 6: Enough for Shadow, but the way that the way to do this in the best and most successful ways to all the lead up to the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all about just go cut and dry.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did cut and dry that walking planter and it head immediately in sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I've been thinking about this. Hey, you just reminded me of mine. I mean, Jackson gonna go first, Okay, so we'll start. I'll start. I'll be the I'm the slaughter here. I mean I can I can go if you want to do me and will be go go first, cause I want you. Yeah, you guys go first, Go ahead, brother, all right, my shadowt no free.
Speaker 1: Shadow goes through those times when you might go to not the best restaurant in the world. Maybe it's a fast food place, and you get to that condiment section. Usually everyone's got to catch up, they got the mustard. But those few times you get there and they have the squeezy, dispensable ranch. When you get that dressing around your food, it makes everything so much better. And to know that you have a luxury of infinite ranch that you don't have to go and ask that individual that waitress or waiter and say, excuse me, sir, I get a couple more of these, and it gives you that dirty look, like, my god, this ma can really put down the ranch. I can just go back up, get my paper cup, fill that thing up for dipping them frass. And so my shoutout no free shadow goes to infinite ranch.
Speaker 2: And I love that.
Speaker 6: I'm a ranch buff buddy. How do you feel about bluecheese. I've come towards it and now it is like integral to my I hate.
Speaker 2: The person I would commit first degree murder. I cannot stand it. We're getting sidetracked here. Cheese in general, yeah, you do. You do a little bit of talking, you can do a little bit. We're talking about ram cheese in general. Well, I mean, I hate all kinds of cheese, but it is my favorite everything in mind.
Speaker 1: You know what I was going to shout out today, but I decided against it, Petty. I was gonna shout out hot sauce because I think there's a place that hot sauce can make everything a little.
Speaker 6: Bit better and ball rocket hot sauce some of the greatest incredible stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, Willie, what you got Ben object? Listening to your guys is almost break up story.
Speaker 3: Earlier gave me my shot out, no free sure, my my shout out, no free shoutout goes to apologies when you can swallow your pride, that your ego aside, empathize on the other side and deliver a good, genuine apology.
Speaker 2: I think that takes a big person like I did earlier. Yeah, yeah, like you did early. It just reminded me. It's like man apologies, like.
Speaker 10: Like somebody was at least five ten in boots, like a big guy, big person.
Speaker 2: This is a big guy. Why are you gonna catch straight in the middle of a second ago? I did not, but my hear I don't know.
Speaker 3: For shadow goes to apologies like I think they're you know, they're an unsung hero in a in a disagreement.
Speaker 2: Okay, not thought about a lot. That's an outstanding shoutout shoutout. Yeah, I love that. That's a Jack. Why are you smiling back there, dude?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I wasn't thinking about that? But oh what did Jack do? Like what Jack asked for? Yeah? I wasn't gonna talk about it.
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 2: The best? You know, what were you angry? I feel.
Speaker 3: Mar where he was a little kind of like Marks paid a little leg getting up.
Speaker 2: Mopey came down.
Speaker 6: It was his birthday, birthday, Jack, I could have an extra bottle of water and know what happened.
Speaker 2: But he came down with some bad energy and something like that, like what's going on? Happened?
Speaker 6: Like you just I gotta guess better way and he gets he turns into it. It's a Snicker's commercial with him. There's a lot of apologizing for that.
Speaker 2: Are they good apologies?
Speaker 6: Sometimes they are. Sometimes it's like, too sorry, I'm hunger. I was hungry.
Speaker 2: It's just like, bro, it's like, okay, you're giving yourself an excuse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's nothing worse than It's like, dude, I'm sorry that you gotta I'm sorry that you got offended.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. That's not sorry you took it that way. You're offended by by me.
Speaker 6: The best thing about I feel so good to apologize when you know you've just literally annihilated the whole debacle.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I have so much pissing me. I'm with you. I'm with you and forgive people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it really takes like you checking yourself, like you really like not suppressing, but like, just.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry. To be honest, I some weak apologies where I'm not really meaning it and I know it comes off that it can come home.
Speaker 10: No, there's nothing worse than a than an insincere apology. It's something more infuriating than that. It's nothing worse than apologizing and then thirty minutes later being like re accused and be like it's still being mad after you've already apologized.
Speaker 2: I apologize for that. Starting to get real personal here, Who's I got one? Come on? How many people were married? Here? Okay, I'm gonna get yeah. I hear you're saying you know Taylor knew exactly. I get just next yeah, go Jack? All right, my shout out, no free shout out. I love how he did the head that was outstanding.
Speaker 7: Well I took it from Will.
Speaker 2: That was great. I thought that's what we're supposed to do. Is it is? Yeah, he doesn't want to shout out free shutout. I just look away.
Speaker 7: This one is based off of the guy who always brings uh the the room service at the Joseph Hotel, who is the sweetest human being, like on the like, I don't even know how it's possible to be such as sweet human being. So my shout out is to the value of a smile. Oh as somebody gives you just in your day. You know, like this guy, I don't know how he is, like always, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't get him this morning. Bro, we have been talking about this incredible.
Speaker 10: We travel a lot, okay, so we go to a lot of restaurants, we go to a lot of hotels. You know, you deal a lot of airlines. And what I'm finding is that there is a general lack of number one, of pride in what you're doing. There's we're starting to see just an erosion of general civility and politeness.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run out and pee. Why you say that? Go ahead, but I don't want to miss your shout out. That's would go ahead. We'll fill a bus. Yeah, so back go peak. It's all right, Well, all the times have you ever had this? What's what's the deal? What's going on? You know, I'm in mid here and everybody walks out, Be careful you still got a camera on me or you know where came again? I get no respect.
Speaker 10: I'm in the mid sentence and you know I am pontificating on something rather profoundly, and everybody just walks out to take a piss rick, I get no respect.
Speaker 6: Lead singer never gets respect, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Rodney Dangerfield, everybody honest.
Speaker 6: Imagine if the lead singer walked out of those two guys, be honest.
Speaker 2: Have you ever thought about like leaving and doing your own thing? Oh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Are we are? We on the record? Hey let him know we won't tell it.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm happy that the shout out, no free shout out is right now. No, no, I've got one. But it came to me because first it's interesting. This is a great little tradition. I'm gonna start doing this with my wife.
Speaker 2: Why do you hear too?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 10: We did have I'm a zen boy. I'm a thin boy, zinder thin my speaking of zen. So I grew up on a ranch and I enjoyed. We started doing plugs, right.
Speaker 6: I had, like my fu a bar of tobacco, like soaked in molasses and you bite off of it, just two on it, like the old schools steel dips of red Man for my dad, but two when I was like six. I love it, but I know it's terrible for you.
Speaker 10: So I'm always getting like my mouth checked, and I don't do it very often, but on road trip, especially when I used to drive the van, you know, or drive the truck on tour, because I was the driver, I would load.
Speaker 2: Up on the thing of red Man.
Speaker 6: Not just be there's something it's so disgusting the amount of saliva that it produces, but there's something so gratifying about that that huge spit. It must dehydrate the living fuck out of you.
Speaker 2: Got it, has got right.
Speaker 1: I also grew up on a ranch and there was just an endless supply of chewing tobacco at all times. My first taste was skull apple and I did it, and I thought it was incredible.
Speaker 10: Mine was copenhagy straight and I threw up. So I threw up for fucking thirty minutes. Dude, Yeah, my brother in law, you.
Speaker 2: Know I didn't. I didn't. I didn't throw up.
Speaker 1: I was friends with this kid named Whale who had braces. So the way he taught me to do it was I take a little bit, roll it up in a ball and put it in so I was doing like like I was microdosing tobacco.
Speaker 2: So I did that for a little bit. Went to his house.
Speaker 1: He had skull vanilla. I'm a huge vanilla guy, Like vanilla ice cream is my ship. Oh walking hate vanilla.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we will unpack that a second.
Speaker 6: And banana flavor really anything flavored baniana, don't don't bring it out.
Speaker 2: Don't bring it out the power bars.
Speaker 6: Now, Oh my god, I'll drop What was it right now?
Speaker 2: Oh? We're good.
Speaker 6: You got a fucking roll. We're gonna finish this segment and then wear No, we'll be fine, We'll be all right.
Speaker 2: So we got to roll soon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well whatever you azzpect, we'll finish this up. We're gonna finish this and we'll do to your talk and then we'll be done.
Speaker 2: Can you guystart figure out what we're gonna do for What are we doing for your talk? Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving? Side sides? Oh? Fuck no, usually at this, usually take a break. He was in the chat right it was in the chat?
Speaker 3: How wild was that group chat we were in when he was talking about Will hasn't gotten back to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Is the thunderstorms going in the happening in the brain?
Speaker 10: We talked about how Cameron just took a piss in the middle of sucking the podcast.
Speaker 2: But I was literally.
Speaker 6: Getting pissed yourself a lot due It was literally asked Jess. It was like Austin Power's comedy piss.
Speaker 10: I have a superhuman ability to hold my piss. I can hold my piss for six hours. If I had to wild drinking beer.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm it's getting worse. Yeah, what did Jonathan Terrell say? I've got the bladder the size of a caprice.
Speaker 2: Son were my twin brother has to be every twenty minute? Okay, so hold on the shoutow for shutout with Mark Mark.
Speaker 10: I was just saying that I think that there's a general there's a there's a an eroding sense of civility, politeness, and also just a passion for doing what you're doing the best you can do it and by enjoying it, knowing that you're doing this job hopefully to get to the next level, to get to somewhere else, and the only way to glean everything, because I truly believe that there is so much to learn from every position, coming from a guy that I've done every job from shoveling ship to washing dishes, bussing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to do it his to bartending to like, I've done it all.
Speaker 10: He held a thought I was a repo guy, used to repossess people's cars, and as a freshman in college, I've done it all, and I always took a certain pride in whatever that job was, mastering it and getting to be the best with whoever's working with. I just feel like people aren't doing that these days.
Speaker 2: I just feel like.
Speaker 10: People are getting fucking ruder and ruder and ruder. That's what I'm saying. I don't know if you guys see that in your travels, the adversity.
Speaker 3: I've had to overcome in my life, like it's always been vision, it's been processed.
Speaker 2: I'm just honest. I'm there. I'm saying I'll begin I think justice to say like Mark takes justice, and then he's just starts going on there about you. I've been talking about that. We're talking about I did it to the best of my ability, you know I did. I repuiled the fucking Now you want to do your shout out next?
Speaker 6: Do you want my shout out for no shadow shout out for no free shoutout, shout out shout out, no free shoudow, no free You got.
Speaker 2: It he's got you're doing You're doing so good right now, You're doing really good right now. I don't think that's to do with head movements, does it.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, Just let me do my shout out.
Speaker 2: No, that's my bad. What it is? Ye shadow? I got asking on the sidebar where that origin of that is. All right.
Speaker 10: So it's Tuesday, October twenty second, okay, and you have just you've been going, going, going all day and you're finally just get a moment and you've been holding in this huge ship, right, and you go and take a beautiful dump, right, and then now you've you've got back from the gym, all right, take that dump, and you go take a shower, right, and you're thumbing through your closet, okay, and you kind of get a glimpse of something in the back, right and you dig through your jeans, right, and you're like.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I forgot that I own this pair of pants.
Speaker 2: What is the dumping?
Speaker 10: Like it's a favorite pair of pants and you haven't Oh my god, I forgot about these fucking pants, right, yeah, And so all of a sudden, you get this little, this little hing of excitement, right, and you pull those pants out right, and now all of a sudden, you're.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, I'm gonna fucking put this outfit together. Okay, I'm gonna go have drinks with the boys. And now it's coming together, and you're feeling really good. And you put that pair of fucking pants on a right, your wife fit great? Oh, and then you reach into that pocket and there's twenty seven dollars of cash sitting.
Speaker 2: Good fucking o my god. Again, you feel like you just fucking lottery right.
Speaker 10: Also, now your mind is racing what you're gonna do with this twenty seven dollars. Now you show up to the fucking valet and you look at the ballet guy. Yeah, you fucking give him a fiver, and you fucking you make icon all right, and now you give an extra dollar to the bartender. Right, you're you, And that's my shadow of no for you. Where's the dump coming in?
Speaker 2: Great? It's almost misdirect. Okay, Jess, you don't you don't know what can I say? What can I say? Can I say one thing?
Speaker 7: When we first started this band, we went and we played like a We flew to Tucson, drove down to Sonoya and played Mark's parents anniversary. Early on this he was great, and I'll never forget his sister pulling me aside in the kitchen and saying, let's go. That's one of the first things like she ever said to me was so, does Mark just love to talk about his ships or what.
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 7: At the time, I didn't really because I spend enough time with Mark.
Speaker 2: But it's always right, So yeah, play that is so important to life.
Speaker 10: I mean, having a good dump is like it's up there with the great you know, it's like winning winning a fucking thirty thousand dollars hand.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's an exciting it's a great thing.
Speaker 10: And when you when you have a clean dump and you know that you don't even have to wipe any confidence, but you just do the check wipe sometimes Mark, sometimes you have the confidence and you just know you check no no, when that sucker pops out.
Speaker 2: And it's just like, man, yeah, it's just it's like it's like, I bet there's no dude.
Speaker 1: You pull it out and that's a clean tissues. Get great, that's right, get a little duddy in check. I have before, there has been, there has been, we.
Speaker 2: Have, we have our will be done because we have our sound bite. Okay, there we go. That was that was dude.
Speaker 6: I gotta say, Mark, I wasn't sure how you guys were going to take to this. And first of all, Jess, that wasn't what a beautiful over like what an emotionally satisfying the doors mark yours with the story and the actuality of the no free shout out being one of the greats. And I've listened to a lot of them, boys, that's gonna have to go out on like top ten of them. That's a good one, really really good one, or at least a guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard will say yeah, my shout out sandwiches and it was a hitter like so and that so.
Speaker 6: Shout out to sandwiches.
Speaker 7: Can you go back to what you're just doing with your hair and the hat like that?
Speaker 2: That was incredible. God's bless me a few things in life.
Speaker 6: Let us all.
Speaker 2: I got little boy right there there. It is a lot of lettuce. I need this mustache. So how how were you guys?
Speaker 6: I got a question before I do mine because I wanted to hit and I may have to pivot to something else.
Speaker 2: But when you intimidated about what your boys. No, no, no, I want to make sure this would be we went first. I'm not saying I brought the heat on.
Speaker 6: But were you when you guys were out of high school and you guys were like in the real world world? Was uber like in your lives? Yet?
Speaker 9: Was it like?
Speaker 6: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to uber until uh here okay, and I'm we're technically still not in the real world yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, good No, but he's saying before what well, what are you I'm about to get to my point now. When we were graduating high school, I phone okay, so so I'm talking about college. Okay, good, So bro, we had pagers, graduated from high school, Mark had smoke signals. Jack, was Uber around when you were in college? Were you using it all the time? Meant you look younger than Jack? So oh Jack, okay, okay, this is good. I just wanted to hit for everybody, so I'm going to go with this one. Oh he put an insurance possible.
Speaker 2: I did well.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to make it make sure it Listen, we're all so it's it's not lessen. Just you gotta so my shout out, no free shout out is when it's that time of the year and you are gonna be using air travel. You're gonna be getting on a plane to go somewhere. Let's just imagine right now, it's you gotta go home for Thanksgiving, and it's your sophomore year at college. Okay, back to beautiful ers. You might have twenty seven dollars in your pocket if you're lucky. Okay, you found them pants, right, pants, and you've got your ticket.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be late.
Speaker 6: But you also, being a college student and not having uber at your fingertips, you you got blindsided. You forgot to figure out how you're gonna get to the airport. My shout out, no free shout out goes to that buddy. And it's just one and I can see him right now, because you only get one of these guys in your life. Okay, that buddy who goes I'll take you to the airport. I will drive you in my car to the airport and completely inconvenience my fucking day to take you to traffic. Hell, I will take you to the airport. You can rely on me. I'll be that friend for you. Consequently, he's also the guy who helps you move that is my shout out, no free shout out to the guy that will stop his day and take you to the airport. I can safely tell you guys that I am that friend. It's a good shout out. I would say, Lie, dude, you did not help me move. I've helped you move so many times. How did you get to the trailer?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah you did, Okay.
Speaker 10: I was thinking of Chris Blastman. Was supposed to help me when I moved. Chrisson is your is your? Nobody showed up except for our buddy Andy Mack, Andy America another.
Speaker 2: Sometimes these guys come out of nowhere. It's not like your best friend, a guy Joe Machiado. I mean, yeah, off to my buddy from high school.
Speaker 6: Drove you fucking so motherfucker dude, dude, Joe was Can I get a ride?
Speaker 2: Absolutely fucking not, no question? Heay, Thanks daed dude.
Speaker 10: We were on tour a couple of years ago and we were finished the show and I called my wife and I couldn't get a hold of my wife and she wasn't answering, and I just had this really, I was homesick and we just had our you know, she was pregnant and we had her baby at home and I was freaked out. I had this bad premonition like on stage, and I called our neighbors the brainers. She's also our obgy and she's delivered all my nieces and nephews and it was fucking, uh, twelve thirty at night. They're doctors, like they're long asleep. Page came into the house, broke into our house and checked on Tyler and the baby.
Speaker 2: That the baby was sleeping away out and my wife never knew she broke in. And then I was like, actually scary too. Yeah, yeah, that's also scary too. I was like, oh shit, I got to like, yeah, but men, who can you know a person that you can rely on? That's what I is there something knowing that you can ask that person? Yeah, that's the level. If we don't want to inconvenience.
Speaker 6: That's called a bench that my brother in his last house. This guy really fucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna help you move, guy, but I will give you a ride and didn't make it to the podcast.
Speaker 2: My brother guess who once missed our show?
Speaker 10: Who's our videographer and photographer that that's what he gets paid for. And we're taking stage and we look around and it goes wors Calin taking a nap, and I go, I guarantee you he's taking a nap. Oh no, my brother, he he didn't know that the time can be helping me on fucking Friday. Your brother, Colin a mench Colin Duddy gets We give him a lot shit because he's our little brother. We're talking about like the art if ship talking and stuff. But Colin really is the best guy to have on the rodeos. That's the best attitude and he actually does work pretty hard. Somewhere fairly fairly here, Colin Duddy is the laziest.
Speaker 1: Okay, last question here the rowback question. Use code Busting on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase.
Speaker 2: That's our h O B A c K dot com. Code is Boys.
Speaker 1: They work with the best college athletes from Will Anderson to the Boy, Michael Mayer, b Jean Robinson. They also have dropped new performance joggers. Trust us, you're gonna want these to and use code boys for twenty percent off. This is the roadback last question.
Speaker 2: Okay, your talk and that was a good shut out that boy. I was I think five across the board. I did not know what happened. Hey, I knew never had he That was the perfect game. That was a perfect That was that was that was outstanding. That was a no. No, right to your talk.
Speaker 10: Love them by the way, guys, I mean I'm going to that's gonna be at Thanksgiving this year.
Speaker 2: We're doing a friends Giving and I'm gonna go run. I mean do a shout out free shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go in Texas shout out for shotoer every week or read it out loud.
Speaker 2: For you guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, So to your talk, I'm this is on pointing point coming my way. That's your point and maybe best Thanksgiving sides. Okay, you rank them three to one your top talk? Okay, theory one is the.
Speaker 2: Top two is.
Speaker 6: So the best way to do it is start with three and then working way to one. All right, why did you start?
Speaker 2: Start? Switch it up? And then there's also an honorable mention who doesn't make it but everyone sometimes but you can throw it. You don't need to have that. Yeah, I'm not gonna waste time with that. That sounds excessive.
Speaker 6: It's a little accessive. Three these guys do this, but I've I've got Okay, go ahead, so thanksgiving side dishes, so number giving side dishes. Number okay, number three is going to be in the vegetable group. It's not anyone's like go to, but somehow, when it's done right, it's like you're when you go back for seconds, that guy's getting scooped in because you know how sometimes seconds you're like, oh, I know what I'm avoiding now. And number one you have to do everything right because you don'tant to offend anybody. So three is going to be a well done green bean for me. Green bean not castle role green beans.
Speaker 2: Hold on time.
Speaker 1: So during tiar talk, no one can speak with the person talking, and at the end of your talk we all get one word to how we evaluate their.
Speaker 2: Tier to speak. I know how you well, you didn't your fault because that's true, and that's why I had.
Speaker 6: An introduct Actually I'm glad that just sad that because it made me feel filled me with confidence. Two, but he's from Phoenix men. Two's gonna be one that I never go for during the year at all. In fact, I avoid it vehementlyheminently, and will not order a meal on a menu if it's on it. But for some reason in the setting of Thanksgiving. I find it very comforting. So number two is going to be creamed corn, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: And number one.
Speaker 6: I grew up in California, So there's a caveat to this one because I'm sure not everybody has been exposed to it. But if you haven't, I'm happy to bring this into your world. My stepmom makes this every year.
Speaker 2: Number one for me.
Speaker 6: The California kid enjoys himself with sabi mashed potatoes.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had that? Yes? Did you like it?
Speaker 1: I love mashed potatoes period. Oh sorry, that's your tier one. That's my tier one. Tier one is sabby and mashed potatoes. Yeah, all right, we'll go around the room.
Speaker 2: Well, good will with me. That's fine. You're from a different area. Got so much an era, But it's only one word, right, one word? One word, and after the entire we talk about who do you think?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Good? It's okay? Garbage? No no, no, Mark, you can't, you can't. You can't applaud his garbage. I was specching my forms.
Speaker 6: I had biceps and forums today.
Speaker 2: Okay, disappointed Colin? Yeah, h oh, that's that's as bad as that one. Marcus in deep thought Mark. You remember allies can be made or or enemies. Sadness. Oh wow, I got just show. Hey, listen, do you still hear truth? And that's only in that matters as.
Speaker 1: You fucking shatting on this bus and openly made a fool out of yourself and that's I was just kidding, exposed. But it was true to your palate and nothing, no one can take that from you.
Speaker 2: Now we go, did a really good job. Do you want to go next? You go?
Speaker 6: You don't go next to last?
Speaker 2: You can really first, I can go.
Speaker 6: I can go extremely spacific mash potatoes. I do.
Speaker 2: The mash I funk with all right, So you're gonna start your tier three number.
Speaker 10: Three my mother's homemade twenty four hours slow simmered organic cranberry sauce.
Speaker 6: Number two honey baked tam. That's not a side, I said. Lamb's throwing Lamb, It's unanimous.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go back to the jellingboard there ball.
Speaker 10: My dad and my mom collaborate beautifully after fifty some years of marriage to make a recipe that has been in my mother's side of the family, and then he merged it with my dad's Polish background to make you're going with herodage stuff stuffing.
Speaker 6: With the turkey liver in it. It's amazing, So stuffing, stuffing.
Speaker 2: It's not going to make his graphics trying to make us feel for his pier one.
Speaker 10: And I don't care what you guys say, because to me, it is a necessary food group at family events, especially like Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Beer.
Speaker 10: No, a beautiful, beautiful like an extravagant bottle of red wine that has been decanted.
Speaker 2: Mark, that's a.
Speaker 6: That's I will not apologize for having.
Speaker 2: But you're not your Why are you guys show due.
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 2: Pick a side. We're gonna We're gonna bring you home.
Speaker 6: You try to put hair for red wine to be on the graphic. I'm going with turkey, turkey, I mean lamb. Final answer, decanted expensive red wine.
Speaker 2: You're gonna end up getting that's it. Okay, you guys, try to make me say something else.
Speaker 6: I won't got unfortunately, Mark, you got just qualified.
Speaker 2: Just what's your word? No, he can have it.
Speaker 3: I want red wine to be on the helly he'll.
Speaker 2: Have it on there and he'll win the internet. But thank you whoa hold on the internet.
Speaker 1: People hit the whinies, the people that love the wine, decanted bottle of wine.
Speaker 6: Beautiful, there's gonna be some one hero, one of one of great pleasures.
Speaker 2: Fucking but like kind of I hope. What's your one word? Ridiculous? Nope, nope, I love that.
Speaker 6: Let's go Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Extra. Yeah, that's a good one too.
Speaker 14: Gay, which means which means happiness, which means which means happiness.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can't, I can't, I have no. You were just qualified in my eyes. My mother's nickname, by the ways, gay, her name is Grace. And my one word is just qualified cheating, qualified, cheating, that's my one word.
Speaker 2: Look, man, do you guys have a problem with the thorty? You didn't go to the naval Academy.
Speaker 7: Number three for me is also green beans, but they have to be done right because they can you can really fail on green beans.
Speaker 2: Well it's not bad. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Number two mashed potatoes with gravy, and I do the little volcano you haul about the inside, you pour the gravy in there. You got a little volcano. Mashed potatoes, gravy, Taylor, please. Number one is uh cranberry sauce and any it can be homemade with some molasses in there and it can be out of the can. It doesn't matter. I love cranberry sauce so much. I will fill up on that sometimes before I even eat.
Speaker 2: And you know what I love. I love ham.
Speaker 15: In fact, we're going to take just thought I thought here. I thought of him because but you will be disappointed, and you.
Speaker 2: Guys, because I was such a new guys over here.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 2: It was it was this guy.
Speaker 7: Is the reason I said hand was because you know, I said molasses and it made me think, But you went with cranberry is number one.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to change it.
Speaker 7: I was only saying because molasses made me think of how you prepare ham sometimes number one cranberry, Yes, okay, that's fine if you just let it.
Speaker 1: Gravy, snap piece, no massed potato mass potato second green beans?
Speaker 2: Beans?
Speaker 6: Are we are we talking about the same green beans? Maybe that's why you didn't like mine, like the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we're talking about we're talking about because they have to be snappy.
Speaker 2: You've heard him not like this one word mark, it's your one word, my one word. I'm better. Okay, that's fine, I got it. Was a question question. Will geez mine is mid.
Speaker 6: Mid mid mid its like mid Okay, it like I know, Jacob, goddamn Mid, this is technical.
Speaker 2: Get one word if you don't put any spins that fox with cranberries.
Speaker 6: Oh what about the whole thing? Mark Cranberry's fuckus cranberries. He doesn't fall rules, no rules. That's all right, man, it's so much fun to rule Cranberry.
Speaker 2: About you. All right, Willie, would you like to go first? I was going last. He always goes last.
Speaker 6: It's the thing, not always our podcast, all right, such a princess, Taylor.
Speaker 3: I'm battling with my I'm battling with my order because I love Thanksgiving. I think it's it's one of the best meals, and your boy's a classic Thanksgiving guy. My, I'm gonna thrown an honorable mention. I'm gonna throw an honorable mention. It's not gonna make my top three, but it's an honorable mention. And it's gonna go to green Bean Castle Role. Okay, love green Bean cast Role, My Deer three. And this is where we get in the element. There's gonna be nothing surprising, nothing flashy, just fundamental ball. When it comes to Thanksgiving, My Tier three is gonna be corn My tier two is gonna be mashed potatoes and gravy, and my Tier one is stuffing. All three of those are gonna be mixed all together my plate with gravy on top. Listen, this is not We're not we don't have Lenny. It is like going back to Poland in the Canton wine.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to my Thanksgiving meal boys, and that is my tear talk. Okay.
Speaker 6: My one word for that is is America.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I feel like that's an insult. Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 6: Bro hell yeah, uncultured.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is or non lineage non linear lineage facts yawn. Oh, it might have been the best insult yet that might have that might make it.
Speaker 7: It was only payback because anyone give me that Will's been Will's been fucking I know it is, can tell you about it, We can talk about it.
Speaker 2: Will has been throwing. Will's mentions have been bad and gay? All right, mine is no?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: What was your on my word?
Speaker 6: You want to truth? Mmm?
Speaker 2: Interesting? I think that's a cop out. Yeah, I mean, just commit to liking it or not. You're just like you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you should.
Speaker 2: Wait till I do my tears, until you figure out what that means, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: I can see the want to in Taylor's eyes when he was talking to Will.
Speaker 1: Let's saddle up boys and girls because we were about to go down a fun little ride. My honorable mention is going to be in the cast role department. But I think a sweet potato cast role goes a hell of a long way. Get them marshmallows on top, get them a little bit burnt. You start dipping in there, buddy, you got a fully delicious carbureted CARBBT garbureted snack with some absolute sweet touches on the top. You're living the fucking gym. I'm actually a little upset I put.
Speaker 2: That honorable mention.
Speaker 1: My Tier three is going to the green bean castle. I think if you do it right and the flavor profile with the texture of the crunch, you're not gonna miss.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna fucking miss. My Tier two.
Speaker 1: Is a staple, an absolute staple, and you can make it however you want. However culture do you want to be with it?
Speaker 2: I agree? I think stuffing is a staple in the Thanksgiving dinner. That's what you have to do.
Speaker 1: And finally, my Tier one holds this plate up on its shoulders, because we all know that turkey, although the main dish in most thanksgivings sucks, can be very dry. So you need that volcanic mash potatoes and gravy to sit there and lude that turkey up a bit, because we're all going to the same place. So let's mash it all together. And that or my Tier three, my tier talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm ready, Horny, that was nutted all of that. I went crazy on that thing.
Speaker 6: Mintion just new he sees that sexual attentionion.
Speaker 2: Oh well, and I've we've gotten close. I'm in the middle of no No November right now, so I'm a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's day nine and I'm really having a hard time, really heavy petting this morning.
Speaker 2: That's rough, I to him, horny to him on a break with this guy. Yeah, all right, feels good, if not obvious runner up through your own.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Is that good? Yeah? Talking boy, I'm I'm proud of that tier talk because I was stressed. Dude.
Speaker 7: I will say, man, and uh, and speaking of food, we gotta.
Speaker 2: Go, we gotta be in the record, be there.
Speaker 7: And I will say, like, man, there should be like more movies about like the night before Thanksgiving when you return to your hometown from from and meet up with all your high school friends from wherever you moved on to a few like that is one of the most pure and American and amazing things.
Speaker 2: And everybody just gets together and just we go to elbow, so good it is, and everyone's like, oh, some guys, someone's balding the chick that wasn't hot, Jenny. Hollywood drama just gets created for no reason. I was I spent one of those nights with.
Speaker 1: When you were going back with me first, your first time going back from college and meeting up with everybody, and then there's that girl that was untouchable and now all of a sudden, like whatever.
Speaker 2: Reason, there's a story, there's there's.
Speaker 1: Like, man, I can't believe, like I had a huge trust in her, she never gave me a shot. And then, however, for a reason, beer is way more accessible now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're maybe like a star football player in college. Whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah about your first like first time back from college, like your freshman year, you go and you see that you see that girl get a.
Speaker 6: Huge I went to college in my hometown, so I was popular when I left, and I came back. I was high school was like days confused for me, it was the best when I came back. Bro, I did some time in l A, and I was like now in an abandoned ship, and I came back like skinny jeans, tight shirt, scarf and got.
Speaker 2: Just yeah and got People were like are you gay? And I was like WHOA?
Speaker 6: First of all, if I was, it's not a big fucking deal all, No, third of all, Like Tony Traversa, like, get off my ship, bro, my culture.
Speaker 2: I left town, Like what the fuck? Dude.
Speaker 6: I took a lot of bullets to for a couple of years coming back, dude.
Speaker 2: So it's a tough time that happen. So if you just do a full one eighty and still.
Speaker 6: Fun loving cam but like I was trying, different ship, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I figure ot who you are?
Speaker 3: Two guy came back steely dan guy. You know you do you do take heat like you you know, not like you're outgrowing or something. But people want you to be who they who you were when they knew you at your best. Go ahead in their head a little cocaine.
Speaker 2: We're all back to the square one dude.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean that I understand of today's bum we can, we can circle back and probably ended your growth, all right, G.