Speaker 1: Now let's get it to the NFL playoff picks in the divisional round kicking off this weekend. But first, my next guest wants a long introduction, but he ain't getting it. He's my nephew.
Speaker 2: I know. He introduced me to the word nephewtism.
Speaker 1: I give it to him. I give you credit for that. That was a good one because I've never heard of it in my life.
Speaker 2: Until he brought it up. But this is what he is. What's up, man? How you doing? What's up? Josh? You Josh. Ladies and gentlemen, you like my sweater? Please please tell me.
Speaker 1: First of all, you're not sitting at my desk. You're sitting at my desk on my studio.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting at my desk today, and.
Speaker 2: You're wearing my sweater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gave me. They gave me a degree because we're related. They gave you, Josh.
Speaker 2: Josh, Josh, Josh.
Speaker 1: That sweater was not only in my closet, it was in my drawer folded up. You went into my closet and took my sweater out and wore my damn sweater.
Speaker 4: Well it fits me like this, so it's no way it could fits you. So, I don't know if you had it for show, but it looked good thought.
Speaker 3: Look on me run dmc hat we rich? And what were we talking about today?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm gonna you know what, I don't know how much you even know about football. You should know since you you know, you raised practically raised by your uncle. But nevertheless, we gonna get started. With the Texans heading the Kansas City on Saturday to face the top seed, the Chiefs. There's word out of Houston at running back Joe Mixon injured his ankle this week in practice, so he knows.
Speaker 2: What his availability is going to be.
Speaker 1: By the way, Josh, I don't give a damn whether he's available or not. You don't have Stefan Diggs, you don't have Tank Dell. As far as I'm concerned, the Kansas City Chiefs are completely healthy, with the Patrick Mahomes, with the Travis Kelsey, with all of these brothers getting their rest, including Chris Jones and what have you.
Speaker 2: Who can get at CJ. Stroud. By the way, I.
Speaker 1: Don't give Houston a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game.
Speaker 2: What does my nep you have to say about this?
Speaker 4: Nah? I got Pat Mahomes. You see the numbers. He don't really lose this early in the playoffs. Like you said that, the Texans are a pretty incomplete team right now, and the Chiefs are reversed.
Speaker 3: I got Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Got kid City. Yeah, all right, just hope for you.
Speaker 1: After all, you ain't knuckleheaded as I thought you were in every situation.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next game.
Speaker 1: In THATFC, Jayden Daniels and the Commander's head to Detroit to face the Super Bowl favorite Detroit Lions. Listen, this is I think he's gonna be a thriller. I don't think you, Detroit, and you want to be in a position with it's a one score game, even if you're up in Jadon Daniels has the ball in his hands late.
Speaker 2: We see what he's done this year.
Speaker 1: Thirty five hundred and sixty eight yard sixty nine complete percentage, twenty five touchdowns, just nine in the sceptions of one hundred passer rating, rush for nearly nine hundred yards.
Speaker 2: The Brothers no joke for Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: Look at the season he's had, look at the weapons he has available to him running the football as well as catching the football, and even though they had a multitude of dudes on the injured list on.
Speaker 2: The defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Being in Detroit in Motown, I think spells doom for the Commanders.
Speaker 4: What about you, nah, I got I got Jaden Daniels with the upset and really got him going all the way. I don't see nobody beating him. He's like a younger version of Pat Mahomes to me.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that you got Jayden Daniels winning the Super Bowl Championship as a rookie, I do.
Speaker 2: What explanation could you have justified that?
Speaker 4: Thinking he pulled for he's the best clutch quarterback in the league this year.
Speaker 3: You only got one example to use from him.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, Patrick Mahomes has had more you know, game winning you know TVs than Jayden Daniels, just so you know, I mean go ahead touchdown stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pat Mahomes heroics this year is more about the defense.
Speaker 3: Jaden Daniels then came through.
Speaker 4: A lot, and I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna go with him, Gonna go with Jaden.
Speaker 2: Deans Coright, I'm gonna let you slide on that.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, the Rams had the Philly to take on the Philadelphia Eagles. They're supposed to snow, it's cold, they're accustomed to being in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen.
Speaker 1: They got a chance because the Pooka nakool and Matthew Stafford is a veteran in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Champion Sean McVay is a great head coach.
Speaker 1: But I can't see them beating Sakuon Barkley and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: What say you, Yeah, I don't see him being the Eagles neither. I got Saquan two.
Speaker 2: Okay, say it with your chess man. You don't sound that.
Speaker 3: I didn't like the way.
Speaker 4: Jade on the quarterback look for the Eagles neither, though, Jalen hurts, Yeah, I was watching first take earlier and I was a gread machine and I just ain't like the way you look, so.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I ain't like it.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Finally, the marquee matchup of the week, and Lamar Jackson and the Ravens head to Buffalo to take on Josh Allen and the Bills, the leading candidates for MVP this season, by the way, both men are looking to get over the hump and playing their first.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl This is a pick them. This could go either way.
Speaker 1: I'm of the mindset that you know what, I know it's in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come down to the wire.
Speaker 1: But the way Lamar Jackson has looked this year, having Derreck Henry at his disposal, King Henry as they call him, I think the Baltimore Ravens might go on the road and pull this out and we're gonna have a rematch to the AFC Championship Game last year between Kansas City and Baltimore.
Speaker 2: What are your.
Speaker 3: Thoughts, are they, Flowers? Is he playing?
Speaker 2: They don't know. I don't think he I don't think he will be.
Speaker 4: I don't even know why I asked that, because I really do believe Lamar Jackson is fast enough to throw the baller himself. Then he asked Derrick Henry too, I'm gonna go with Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Did you just finish saying he's fast enough throw the ball of himself.
Speaker 3: I believe he can. He's faster.
Speaker 2: Did you say that on the airwaves?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Let me move on to a different subject. I just can't deal. I just some of the things you say. I just can't deal with it, Dad, I just can't deal with.
Speaker 4: It being that I have the bills getting stomped by Lamar's always cold in Buffalo, so let's see if the temp is looking So, let's see if the temp is low enough to freeze some of the tears. Twenty two degrees January nineteenth. How do you think that's gonna work out? Am I supposed to be holding this?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm stuck on you grabbing the damn microphone working up with that gas microphone and going.
Speaker 2: Up to the screen.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you didn't know that you ain't supposed to grab the microphone.
Speaker 3: It's my first day on the job.
Speaker 2: First day, but you think you should have my job. Yeah, it's by the way, what are you drinking? What are you drinking?
Speaker 3: It's coffee? Had a long day?
Speaker 2: What you had a long day?
Speaker 3: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 2: How did you have a long day? Josh? What have you been doing that you had a long day?
Speaker 4: I took the bus here, but you want to buy me a car? But anyway, it's gonna be twenty two degrees in Buffalo? Do people live here by choice?
Speaker 2: Yes? Don't be rude to people in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I would run out of mind to come and never leave the house.
Speaker 2: What's the weather? Like in New York.
Speaker 3: Right now, this is the weather for the rest of the week in Buffalo.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna see how depressing it will be four degrees on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: What are you doing for a degree?
Speaker 2: Pece what they got to do with Sunday's football game?
Speaker 3: Josh, No, this is this is this is Buffalo. This is what. This is what they have to deal with after the L.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about after the L they're gonna suffer from. That's what they're gonna have to deal with. I mean, it ever occurred to you that since that weather is not foreign to them, they may be more prepared to play in those weather conditions on Sunday instead of Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Nah, because most players are from down south. So when once she won the Bills, it's like that's why they when's last one they've been to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, you are so clueless.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 2: Sit your ass down over there. Get back to the desk. Get back to the desk, just get back. Did you see, by.
Speaker 1: The way, what happened on the Eagle sideline Sunday with why dot aj Brown on the bench reading.
Speaker 2: A self help book? Cult? Was it? In an excellence by the Way.
Speaker 1: The book, originally published in twenty twenty, is now number one on Amazon before I let you go.
Speaker 2: What did you make of that?
Speaker 4: I don't think it was a problem, like if he was reading a Double Excel magazine or something like that. Okay, but if it's called uh if that's the name of the book and in the excellence in an excellence, he was trying to tap into that during the playoffs, like he only had what he had to catch one one.
Speaker 2: Catch for ten yards. He had one catch for ten yards.
Speaker 4: I was I was gonna put my top three books that I would have been caught reading.
Speaker 2: Hold up, Make Her Chase You.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, so if anybody wants to know why I am the way I am, blame Darcy Carter. It's a pretty good author. Uh this is this is number three on my list. Can we show number two, Make Her Chase You? Part two? And can we round out my top three really fast? Make Her Chase You Part three?
Speaker 2: Make Her Chase You? It's a book that those are the books. Let me ask you a question. You've read those books three?
Speaker 3: It's my bibles?
Speaker 2: What what? What?
Speaker 1: What did you learn from the book? Tell me, tell me, tell me the tricks that the book taught you.
Speaker 2: I'm interested. Now you got it. You got my interest piqued the book.
Speaker 4: Don't make it seem like I'm into trickery with with the ladies and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Mate, you the one that presented the book.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, there's no tricks involved.
Speaker 4: Now we're disrespecting Darcy Carter, the author that came up with all of these methods on how to meet her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm gonna ask you again, what methods did you peel from parts one, two, and three of the book make a chase you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I learned, well, she taught us to be appealing and then to run away.
Speaker 3: You don't you know your advice to.
Speaker 4: Me is find a honey settled down. You know something that somebody's pushing sixty.
Speaker 3: We say, see.
Speaker 4: Darcy Carter, you know, she she she she has different suggestions. I don't want to expose it because I really support her and I want you to go out and get her book.
Speaker 1: You talked about, you know, making yourself appealing, right, how would you say you've done that?
Speaker 2: What did you take for them?
Speaker 1: I mean, what is it that's appealing about you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: The shades that I get from your house, this hoodie. I can't wait to see what they say about me today because I really put it, put all of it, all of this together.
Speaker 3: Let me spend all the way around for them and come back. I don't want try to miss it. Be rich on this side of my you know. Oh, that's all. It was a feeling.
Speaker 1: And did you just admit did you just admit to the public you did run away?
Speaker 2: You run away?
Speaker 3: You just submit that you said run away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you leave, you depart like avoid.
Speaker 4: Seriousness if I'm not ready for it. She doesn't believe in misleading ladies into making them believe that that's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: If that's not and you and you you would never mislead anybody that says not you.
Speaker 5: Nothing about you that would do that. That's what you said, right, Yeah, that's an open book. Well I have encouraged you to be that. I don't know whether you've listened to that.
Speaker 3: You encourage everything, You encourage everything that.
Speaker 2: I don't encourage everything. Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: And by the way, and by the way, I don't know if you notice that your mama, your mama, Arlee Smith, your mama, you know that she texts me the other day, she loves, absolutely loves you on the shelf and I'm sitting there like this, what are you watching?
Speaker 2: How do you approve of this?
Speaker 1: And you're his mother? What the hell is this world coming to? I've said that to her first. She said, oh, that's that's true. I didn't really think about it that way. I'm gonna go and you know what, she's next. I'm gonna go pray for him.
Speaker 4: So you're not gonna tell him that when you was in a mall in Miami that they called you Josh Smith's uncle. I'm no longer just known that stephen Ae's nephew. That's not our dynamic no more. Now you're Josh Smith's uncle. And not only that, I have a problem with Google too. When you google Josh Smith, Josh Smith from the Hawk still comes up. No, why would that happen?
Speaker 2: What? Lord help us all man, Get out of here. I'll see you after the weekend. Now get the hell out of here.