Speaker 1: You've done some brilliant pictures, You've done some stinkers.
Speaker 2: Really good morning, sweet world.
Speaker 1: Then welcome to the No Dunks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Friday, November thirteenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to check in at Camp Crystal Lake later today. I'm Jay Skeets alongside me. As always, we got Tasmellos, Hello everybody, Hello Tassy, We got the Bearded One, Trey Kirbye. Hey hey, we got the international Man of Mystery taking it to the Max, Lee Ellis friend, and last but not least, making the magic happen. JD. Hello, there is and here we are on a Friday. Guys, keep your questions coming for our next beach step in podcast. Email theman No Dunks at the Athletic You can tweet him in at No dunk Sinc. Don't forget to grab your merch your No Dunk's merch over at No dunks dot com. And make sure you check out the three classics that we dropped earlier this week, even though it feels like we dropped them three weeks ago to me, but we did drop them earlier this week. We talked to NBL broadcaster Liam Santa Maria about LaMelo balls game and whether he's worth the number one pick next week. That's a lot of fun. Tastinly did a great job with that one. Then we talked with John Hollinger about his twenty twenty NBA mock Draft spoiler every prospect sucks except maybe uh Halliburton. I guess is the one that John was high on. And then we talked on Wednesday with Jason conception on about leaving The Ringer and why he's pivoting to politics and binge mode and NBA Desktop and the time you pissed off Woes and Baby Yoda. We had a blast. We talked next with him as well, a lot of fun, so go check out that podcast as well. But today, guys, oh my goodness, we got so much to dissect here, and we're gonna play a little what you got, what's you good? What's Oh it's been so long since we've had that intro. I love those bars, all right, So many topics to tackle here, guys. First one, Russell Westbrook is seeking a trade from the Rockets. According to the Athletics Sham Sharanya, Sam Amic and Kelly Eco damn dream team right, there. Russ has been uneasy about Houston's accountability and culture and wants to join a team where he can have a rule similar to the one he had with OKC. James Harden, by the way, is apparently still committed to the Rockets, so we can get into the Rockets. But let's focus on Westbrook right now. He's got three seasons what one hundred and thirty two million dollars ish remaining on the deal. So but what you got task? You get us started? Weirdest Westbrook destination. I'm gonna give you three maybe you go off board, but Hornets, Nicks or Magic Westbrook on what are those teams? What you got?
Speaker 4: Man? This whole thing is weird? You want to talk weird? I mean this escalated super quickly. The first report, according to ESPN, was James Harden and Russell Westbrook not happy with the outlook of the future of this team, right okay. Hours later, Russell Westbrook says, you know what, not strong enough. I demand a trade. I want to be out of here, and James Harden says, no, no, no, I'm taking that all back. Very strange. Houston has to hope that Russell Westbrook didn't think that first message was strong enough he needed to send a smoke signal to the front office that hey, we need to do something to make this team better. And they got a hope that that's all that Russell Westbrook wants out of this and that he actually doesn't want to be traded, and that they're just sort of upset with the way that things have gone. That the two decision makers that aren't on the floor decided, Hey, I'm leaving this team in this offseason, Daryl Morey and Mike D'Antoni. That's what they got to hope. But that's not fun to talk about. So let's just get into the fun part. Where's Russell Westbrook gonna go? You mentioned Charlotte Orlando the Knicks. What's the weirdest one. At first, you gotta think Charlotte just not a match for Russell Westbrook, But then I thought about it. It's kind of like Russ being in Oka. See without Kevin Durant, He's gonna take every stink and shot yea. So it's similar to me. They wouldn't be great. They might make the postseason. They might they definitely get bounced in the first round. I think the Knicks it would also be a one man show. The team wouldn't be that good. I think that would be the sexiest for everybody. Everybody wants to see a guy making shots in MSG. Saw Yanist at the Goupo Share yesterday randomly his first game winner, which was in MSG. Everybody loves that. So I think that would be the best one for everybody involved. It doesn't matter if the team's good, but Orlando's the weirdest because there would also the would be expectations and there would be no shooting. Just like last year, this team just doesn't have a lot of shooters. You add Russell Westbrook to that, what are they going to do? Everybody would just pack the paint against Westbrook, against Aaron Gordon if he's still there, against everybody that they have. But there would be expectations because if he's playing with Nikola Vucevic, who is a former All Star, and Evan Fournier. I just don't want I don't want to be judging Russell Westbrook now in the next three years. Is he a good basketball player? I just want to watch hoops and I want to watch the one man show. So I kind of hope he gets to the Knicks. Orlando's too weird for me.
Speaker 1: What expectations hold on with the Orlando Magic? Hap with Westbrook on their team?
Speaker 4: Like playoffs?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, okay, playoffs? Yeah, wouldn't all these teams expect to make the playoffs with Westbrook?
Speaker 4: Ye, Orlando was a playoff team. Now you add a former MVP, the headlines are going to be former MVP added to a team that was at least made the playoffs. Charlotte Nicks are way off, So I think there would be some Hey, the conversation about being a five seed, a mid team five or.
Speaker 1: Sixty losing in the first round, just like he always has. Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 4: But in the Eastern Conference there would be There would definitely be expectations for a guy who's MVP not too long ago to jump up into Hey are they a part of the second tier? At least that would be the conversation. I don't want to have that conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is fair. These are all weird, So Tass, excuse me, Trey, what do you think if you had to pick one, what's the weirdest from these three?
Speaker 3: I'm with Tass here.
Speaker 5: I think that the Magic would be the absolute weirdest place for Westbrook to end up. It does make sense a little bit from a basketball fit standpoint, like Tas Is saying, you Gotvucevich who can at least stretch the floor a little bit as a big man, which should theoretically give Westbrooks some space inside. You know, there are definitely going to be shots to be taken if he were to end up on the Orlando Magic. But just imagining Russell Westbrook in Orlando Magic jersey with the pinstripes, it feels odd. It feels like Alan Iverson at the end of his career, and it feels like we're going to see this a few more times because Westbrook has this massive contract and it's hard to convince yourself he's going to elevate you to a championship tier with Westbrook. Well, while if you are a playoff team, if you're on the fringes of the playoffs, you can talk yourself into him as a guy who's going to be, like Tessa saying, raising the floor a little bit, the Magic would be more in the mix for a fifth or a sixth seed rather than a seventh or an eighth seed. But the Knicks isn't weird to me at all. It seems one hundred percent tailor made to bring in Russell Westbrook. The Knicks haven't totally been operating like they did through the entirety of the nineteen nineties and two thousand, so maybe things have changed. But an aging star on a huge contract at the end of his career, that's really nixy. As for the Hornets, they need a star. Westbrook has worn Jordan Brand's stuff for years and years. Michael Jordan is obviously the owner of the team.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: It seems like every player who ends up on the Hornets gets a jump man deal. At some point, they've already started at second base. If they pick up Westbrook, but man imagining him on the Magic, it's just weird to me. Also, all throw in here tasks. When you were talking about Westbrook being a one man show, I definitely thought you were gonna say everybody loves a one man show on Broadway. That's another reason why he would fit with the Knicks. But the Magic just feels so weird to me. It just feels like it's a retirement home Florida, you know. And if Russell Westbrook is going to the Magic at thirty two.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a long retirement.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the thing. Hell, we've talked so much about Westbrook. Everybody has like is he I mean, he's an all star. He's still good. He had like a stretch there lead with the Rockets that was incredible, Like he had one of his best months I remember ever for at least in a long time there. I guess was it January or February and one of those particular it's pretty good for both of them when they went super small ball, pokagarts all that. But also people look at it in the contract and go like Westbrook's a negative value asset, Like he's this point his career, where do you think, what's the weirdest spidan And I know you're not the biggest Russell Westbrook found out there too.
Speaker 6: Well no, no, but let's go back to why he was very good there for the Rockets for a patch this season. It was because he got rid of that three point shot and he was taking driving more into the lane and being active and using his explosiveness to still score. He's still got that, maybe not quite to the degree that he had in his prime, But that's Russell Westbrook at his best attacking the basket. At his worst, it's him settling for those mid rangers and the three pointers that he just doesn't have and he's never going to have now at this stage of his career. So it's really kind of okay, Russ, do you want to go to a team where you're potentially going to compete for a championship. If that's the case, then you have to understand you're taking a much lesser role on a team.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You just cannot be the leader on that team. If you want to go and just go crazy and stack those numbers and stat stuff again, then go to the Knicks if you want and go to the Hornets. That'll work out there fine for you. And in Orlando, it's kind of like, what's the point then, you know, you're just he's not anywhere closer to winning a championship and it's just not a sexy team. Hornets of aren't that sexy either. But the Knicks is where we want Russell to go because that would just be a perfectation fan That's where That's where we just want to see what would happen there if Russ we're there. But I've got another one. I'm gonna throw out there. I'm just gonna throw this out there and see what people think, right, because I actually think again, Russell's best when he's on the floor with people who can shoot threes right and spread the floor, and then the lane open up and he can go inside. The Utah Jazz were one of the best three point shooting teams go on this season right this season, right now, if you think of all those guys Bogdanovitch and Ingalls and Conley and Donovan Mitchell, they all spread the floor, they can shoot the three, opens up the lane. Then for Russell Westbrook to drive inside, I mean he again, he's athletic, he's fast. I think that's actually, even though it's not got zero zero chance of happening, I actually think that wouldn't be a bad spot if again Russ was to accept. Okay, Russ, maybe you're coming off the bench. Even in this situation, there's no way he would ever go to Utah.
Speaker 5: You remember what happened with Westbrook and Utah, and now you're asking him to come off the bench as well.
Speaker 6: Mate, Hey, he had history with the Rockets. Let's not forget too. Before he went to George Houston. Now I know I said the zero chance of stands zero.
Speaker 3: H there's fans in the stands.
Speaker 1: Now, good point.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying. I actually think from a basketball fit, if Russ was prepared to accept a lesser role, I think that would be a situation where he's still competing for a championship there with the Jazz, because we know they're missing something. Uh, He's still going to get his opportunities there. Again, just because you come off the bench doesn't mean you're going to play less minutes and get less shots. You're going to sort of have to appease him in that way. But that's an opportunity for Russ to be like, Okay, you're not the superstar that you think you are. You're not the number one guy on a team anymore. But he's an opportunity for you to still be a very good player on a team that's contending. Again, the Knicks the horn is the magic and nowhere near winning a championship.
Speaker 1: The Jazz might be a playoff team, Like it's not even that's what I mean, that's they're not close.
Speaker 6: I actually feel with the Jazz he can he can satisfy both those things. It's not gonna happen, right, I'm just saying, hey, listen, I never go to the trade machine, and I was actually thinking like, where would where could Russell Westbrook fit? And I think there's a fit there. I know he's got history trade as you mentioned there with Utah. I'm aware of that, but it's like there's something there make it happen Utah.
Speaker 1: Well, that's funny you said all this because I just heard Simmons talk in Westbrook trades on his podcast. I'm pretty sure someone would have to fact check me on this. I'm pretty sure he threw out this lee a three team deal that you know, at its core had Westbrook and Utah. So you're the second person today to say this Conley and Philadelphia. Conley and Philadelphia to work as like the point guard, and I guess Horford making his way somehow to Houston. So that was sort of what Simmons was thrown out there. But I can't believe I've heard two people in the last hour and a half told me, Hey, west broken Utah. Now that's weird. It's next level weird because if you.
Speaker 6: Are Westbrook and you know, I know he said Charlotte is one of his had Atlanta too. Apparently. I saw someone said that he wants to come to Atlanta. But you know why, other than just to stat his numbers, what's the point of that at this stage of his career.
Speaker 4: I would him buy those rumors that he wanted to come to it.
Speaker 6: This is exactly what we want to do. We want to overreact to every roomor make a case for everybody, at least.
Speaker 4: I saw that man. I saw that man on Twitter. Just because a man has an avatar where he's wearing a tie doesn't mean that his rumors are legitimate. But he's I just yeah, Atlanta. It doesn't make sense either, Like why would Atlanta trade for him to hug the ball from tray out?
Speaker 6: Yeah? The only reason would be if because they've got the cap space to take his contract, if the Rockets were then to furnish it with a first round pick, which they don't don't have. Yeah, so that that wouldn't have But that's that's the kind of thing that Travis Schlank has done before with Camello. It's basically like, I'll take your contract, you just got to give me a first round pick for it, because we're not ready yet. But the Rockets don't have a lot of assets to it.
Speaker 1: No, no, they don't. They give up a lot of them to get Russell Westbrook. And I think we do need to dissect what this says about James Harden a little bit here too. But first to stick with Westbrook because you said it, Trying to come up with a trade for this guy with that type of deal is I mean, it's very difficult. You almost have to have a team unless you get in the three team deals and fourteen deals. You need a team that has so much cap space that they can sort of absorb him, right, a team of then you know you have that caps. If you don't involve that cap space, you've got to send back a ton of money, like thirty three million. So you got to start adding some contracts together. The Hornets one, they have the things that can make it happen because they have an expiring contract of what twenty seven point four million in Nicholas Batoum, And they have all of their picks. I mean, they've got this year's pick number three. Now you wouldn't expect them to move on from that, but I've got all their future first round picks for like, you know, the next six seven years, and they could you know, they don't have to match that entire salary. They could take a lot of that in like twenty million dollars in cap space, so there'd be some there'd be a deal there. But man, just so weird that you're right. I'm with you guys, like the idea of like Westbrook, Like I don't want to I don't trust where the Rockets are going here, be it ownership, be it. I don't like James Harden anymore because there were some reports, you know, they're getting into it at times on the floor, and then he's like, I just want to go get triple doubles. Man, put me back, put me in the Eastern Conference. Let me just rack up like thirty tens and tents for the rest of my career. I don't care and get and sort of like at least give a because one thing Westbrook does is he gives an identity right to a team like he does, and he sort of jams his sort of his mo to a team and can be good, can be bad. I mean, you're gonna compete hard. You're probably gonna flame out in the playoffs, but you are gonna beat compete hard and you're probably gonna put butts in seats when we eventually could do that. And he's a draw. He's definitely a draw. So but the Hornets, I mean, I you can picture him in these new jerseys and we'll get to those in a second. I think he would look cool, but wow, it'd be weird on any of those Eastern Conference teams. The Nicks, I'm with you, guys. It feels like we've been thinking about it for years. It's eventually just gonna happen. But Bobby Marks put it well them of whether or not they would want him, a good way to look at it is if he were a free agent this offseason Westbrook, would New York commit to him for three years and one hundred and thirty two million dollars? Like, would that be a type of thing that they would be comfortable with? Because that's what he's looking at. And if the answer is no, then you really can scratch him from the discussion here. And I think that's here because like they could package what like Wayne Ellington and Bobby Portis and Frankney Lakina and Kevin Knox. Maybe because there's a young stud there, maybe that could blossom into something.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't they do that? Why wouldn't they do that?
Speaker 1: Why would they have fair?
Speaker 4: What else do they have going for the next three years? The Westbrook Show? Why the heck not for a few years. If you want to be a bad team here for this twenty twenty one season, keep flowing, keep flowing.
Speaker 1: You know what's weird about that task? I do agree with that with a lot of these teams that we're talking about Hornets, Nickson and Magic in a normal year, but we're talking about a year where you're not in they're going to even have people in the stands. You're not going to obviously have to capacity. Some of these places may have zero fans out in their arena. So that part where I keep struggling with my mind. You're right, some of these like small markets or the Knicks, who are desperate for a big star. You'd be like, oh, yeah, we'll get the place rocket, We'll sell it every night. You know, he is a good player still, and maybe he takes us to the playoffs, whatever, but there's a buzz, there's not going to be fans. I mean that, so at least for a year probably, I mean, I hope we get to that point but I think we can all agree it's.
Speaker 6: Not full arenas full arenas anyway, that's a long way.
Speaker 1: I'm just adding that part to what you're saying. I sort of agree with you, but like that's not going to be happening, like that part where you sell it for arena.
Speaker 4: For me, that almost increases the likelihood of them making a move. Do you want just a dead arena and a dead market for a full year? I mean, it almost amplifies the silence when they stink uh and Trey. Trey already gave a nice little marketing point. Broadway is done until May. I think at least Broadway is in Madison Square Garden every single night. The Westbrook Show. It just it just makes too much sense. The Knicks love getting a guy who's shown his greatness throughout the first part of his career and then is sort of on the decline. I know, three years a lot for an athletic guy going deep into his thirty series thirty two. I guess that's not deep.
Speaker 1: But for how many how many how many injury knee injuries has the guy had or surgeries? I mean, it makes them stronger, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Isn't it just like a good year of Westbrook, maybe two good years of Westbrook because he was really really good this year versus you know, building it the right way. Maybe the next of turn to corner, maybe they maybe they go about it the right way. I don't know Leno's best.
Speaker 6: It just it would just feel though that if they did make this move that it would just be the same old Knicks, you know, like just just getting this guy who we know again he's gonna have that game where he puts up fifty eight against the team and you know, has twenty in the last quarter and wiels his team to victory. He's going to do that a couple of times. But ultimately, the Knicks will in a battle just to make the playoffs, and if they do make it, they'll probably get swept in the first round. And it's like what's the point. But again, like kind of like Tassa say, what's the ceiling for the Knicks today? You know, like about the same maybe they can get into the playoffs. So I mean, if you've got Westbrook on your team, at least people talking about you again, And like Network was saying, when he's on our show, he'll talk himself into saying that this is the right move if Westbrook goes there.
Speaker 4: So one other tough thing for the Knicks if they do have a schedule that's heavy against your divisional opponents, which it sort of looks like they're going to It hasn't been confirmed whatsoever, but thirty two games of their seventy two would be against division opponents. So eight against the Raptors, eight against the Nets, eight against the Celtics, eight against the Sixers. That's a tough division. It's actually one of the tougher divisions. So that's that doesn't bode well for us. But he'll make some headlines. He'll be firing away, he'll hit some game winners out there.
Speaker 5: What I've said, it's hard to find a deal for Russell Westbrook, but not for John Greenberg of the Athletic who within ten seconds of the sham Shranja report had the trade going Otto Porter and Fad Young for Russell Westbrook. The Bulls are in the playoffs if they make that trade, and that's for two guys who are not going to be part of their future.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it.
Speaker 5: It's Billy Donovan, now the head coach of the Chicago Bulls, Westbrook's coach with the thunder.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're taking the ball out of Zach Lavine and Kobe White's hands.
Speaker 5: But they could be competitive, I think, and it gives you an identity and yeah, there are not going to be fans and stands, but you still want your fans to watch the games. I don't necessarily know that that was high on the list of priorities for Bulls fans last season. I can talk myself into Westbrooks.
Speaker 1: Wow, so easily. Try What what if it took them, because that's like, that's not a lot there, and I'm a big Porter fan and Zach what about on a Porter and Zach Levine? Yeah, you would do it at hertbeat?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean if you can trade Zach Levine and bring in Russell Westbrook, what's the difference. One guy who shoots the ball all the time, another guy who shoots the ball all the time. One of them can make a three at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about the Clippers. Let's throw one more team out there, Like there's a team that maybe actually does of total aspirations. Ley, they could put something together. It could involve Montres Herald like a sign in trade. It could involve like a Beverly and Lou Williams and Zumats and other pieces and a pick. No, you can make it happen. You can get the salaries up there. I mean that's maybe a little more entasing than the Rockets, I would think too. But if you're the Clippers, you're bombered, would you go all right, let's get real nuts, get the third star Kawhi PG Westbrook, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't mind that, to be honest. I mean, because they're all going to be on the same pages, like, hey, let's do this. We've got the stars now. Because guys like Patrick Beverley, I mean, he would have to be traded. You can't have Westbrook and Beverly on the same team anyway. But yeah, and he's an upgrade. Westbrook's definitely an upgrade over Beverly. Beverly's a good defensive player, but offensively Westbrook is better. And I think that would put him in the right situation where he's, like, again, he's competing for a championship, and I don't know about how combustible it would be with another strong personality in that locker room. Whether it'd be good or bad. But if you're Westbrook, it's like, yeah, why not. He's going home to LA He's going to a team that is a legit contender, and he's going to play with other star players, so he knows that he's going to have, you know, good talent around him. How he would go and be able to be like maybe on the third option on offense here and how he would be able to cope with that is a different story. But if you're Westbrook and that deal is there and it's available, you've got to go to the Clippers, for sure. I think that's the best situation for him. And as you say, you'd have to give up a lot, a few of the Clippers, but no one, no one that you couldn't overcome. I mean, Zubats was good in his role, you know, So he's probably the one. But Lou Williams, I think he's probably he's probably turned the page on his career where he's now in decline a little bit and you could do without him. And then yeah, if you if you're throwing a Marcus Morris, somehow sign and trade to make the salaries happen, do it. For sure? A few of the Clippers. I mean, you know, you're going to spend all this money if you get into the luxury tax. It's worth it if you get the championship in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bomber might be just crazy enough and rich enough to give it a go too. It'd be while to see.
Speaker 5: Reunating Polodge George Westbrook unfinished business.
Speaker 1: I love it. Hey, we always Trey, We always talk about you know, KLi has his limitations as a leader. You know, he sounds like he wants a point guard. He wants a guy that's gonna bark at guys and keep people accountable. That could be a Westbrook.
Speaker 3: I mean, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Remember Westbrook through the house hype party to welcome Paul George back to Okay. See, he obviously knows how to motivate Paul George. You get a DJ, you get some punch, and you throw a massive party. He's good to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know task anything. Any thoughts on the Clippers possibility of getting into the mid Westbrook mix here.
Speaker 4: I think the reuniting idea is just it's just too good. I thought at first, before this all happened, that the Rockets would go after Serge Ibaka. Then they'd have that trio that used to hang out together and okay, see James Harden himself and Surge. There was a chance there. I think the Clippers aren't going to push for that though. It's just chemistry is already a question mark, and then you're adding Russ in there. I think they want to try and do what they did last year and try and get it right and then and then it would also probably involve trading. There only big in Viatsa Zubats or Montress Harral, I mean, both of those guys like they would be super weak in the in the front court. I know it's you'd have a really good team otherwise, but I don't think there's a there's really a good chance of that happening. There's just too many things that they'd have to overcome. Don't like it.
Speaker 1: I said this to you guys on the podcast. I can't remember what show it was that I thought. I said, like the Rockets were like veering into this team being sort of irrelevant. I was worried about that. Was like, I don't think people are going to care about the Rockets. This was, of course, after D'Antoni leaves and then Morey leaves and I said, you know, I could see them. They start one in five, two and six, they get off to a rough start. Whenever we start the season that then we see these headlines like then we see like, oh, I don't like the direction we're going from Harden or Westbrook like I want out of here. Obviously, it took the Rockets not even playing a game for Westbrook to say that, what does this say trait about James Harden in all? Honestee, these guys are buddies. They teamed up there and this will now be it looks appears to be the third superstar he's played with. At some point there's like I don't want to play with this guy. I don't want to play on this team. At least I don't know if it's specifically hardened because he is the team I would think it is. But like Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and now Russell Westbrook, like it's a bad look for your guy, James Harden. Is it not well?
Speaker 5: At the very least, I think it says James Harden is not changing the way he plays for literally anybody. Obviously, Westbrook and Harden have been friends for twenty years. You know, he came in and the thought was going to be that Westbrook will be able to operate a lot on ball. You can save Harden. He'll be ready in the playoffs as we saw. It turns out that the Rocket season ended basically the way every Rocket season has, with Harden slowing.
Speaker 3: Down at the end and no off ball movement.
Speaker 5: So if James Harden is not going to be working hard when he doesn't have the ball, with Russell Westbrook having the ball, it's not gonna happen in other places.
Speaker 3: You see so many tweets, so many.
Speaker 5: Posts, places that are saying the Rockets man, they got James Harden. All they gotta do is encourage him to play off the ball. Watch some Steph Curry tape, just a little bit of movement and the Rockets offense gets even better. It ain't gonna happen because the guy is most comfortable having the ball, making every single play, taking every single shot, making every single pass. I know, I'm gonna still get lured into loving James Harden when he's scoring the sixty and four straight games, but it doesn't seem to necessarily translate to teams success. Will he ever change the way he plays. I'm feeling pretty dubious about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's so funny. I mean sort of the same could be said for Russell Westbrook. Like you get you get lured in with the forty point triuble doubles in back to back games, and then you get to the playoffs and it's a lot easier to figure those guys out, and they slow down. Then they hurt themselves at times. Yeah, I feel bad for Steven Silas's task coming in here, Like the guys didn't waited twenty years to get a crack at a head coaching job. Finally does and GM's gone in a second, of course, and now you got one of your superstars leaving. Who knows that Harden's gonna eventually come around to like get me the hell out of here. Feel bad for him.
Speaker 4: Blessing in disguise. Maybe all the pressure is off and you just become a coach.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, that's interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because he has he would have had a huge spotlight on him. Right if both those guys are there, and maybe they don't win, not necessarily because of him, but because they've been struggling to win in the last couple of years, so maybe this is a bit of a blessing for him. How many years did he sign for I forget, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. My guess would be three or four. Seems to be the general signing for a new guy, but I don't know, and have an idea he.
Speaker 4: Was cheap, yeah, and it's tough for the front office, obviously, Raphael Stone there taking over for Darryl Moury. The thing that I thought of immediately was the tray that Daryl Moray made to get Russell Westbrook was two first round draft picks, two biggies and the right for Oka See to swap two other first round picks plus Chris Paul. The cupboard is super bear. And now if Westbrook goes somewhere else, yeah, you can try and get a draft pick for him. But I would have rather, if I was Raphael Stone, bide my time for a couple of years and try and work that for a little bit, rather than be a worse team. Because either way, if you trade Russ, no matter all these criticisms, they're gonna be worse. They're just they're not going to be that good.
Speaker 1: Right, But they're not going to be so bad when you have James Harden on your team too, that's a bit of a conundrum, Like he's so good that he still wins you a ton of games even if he's a one man show himself. But yeah, man, Sam Presty, like he must be loving now those Rockets picks could be enticing the swaps I'm talking about, Like you could you start to think what he could do with those? Uh and because we know, okayc sort.
Speaker 3: Of in Rod, he might get three MVPs out of it.
Speaker 1: That's right, you might do it again. You're absolutely right, and you know, maybe get to the finals. They did get to the finals, won a game. But no, you're right. They got so so many of their picks and the Rockets I mean, if look, you said it, Westbrook gone, they're gonna be probably be worse Harden eventually goes. You know, they're gonna be worse if he does want out. Wow, those are even better than they you know, looked at first glance.
Speaker 4: So but is this is there a chance that this is just a push to the front office to tell them, hey, we can't just go into next season doing the same thing tilman for Tita, it's time for the luxury tax. I know you're concentrating on being a restaurant tour, but it's also time to pay up and go into the tax for us because we're thirty two. It's time to do it. Or is this hey, I'm done with this thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's I'm done with this thing because it's not just Westbrook. I mean we got like role players saying I want more minutes and PJ. Tucker saying, hey, show me my money. Yeah, pissed, even though he has no right to be pissed whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, I mean, this was and this is like the heavy hitters of uh, you know obviously the NBA and Rockets world in Shams and Sam and and Kelly. I mean, you ain't getting more plugged in than that, right task. I mean they don't need to wear ties. Okay, they got they know this team and I'm gonna trust what they're reporting. So this is this is bad and this is the Dwight days. Yeah, a long time man, rough rough if you're a Rockets fan right now, So we'll see how this plays out. We we might have to have correct me if I'm wrong. We had an emergency podcast for the first Westbrook you know trade right where he got shipped to Houston. Yeah, because I was I was in Florida at the time.
Speaker 4: Was that the beach, Yes, definitely, Yeah. I was calling in from Toronto. Yeah, Lee and Trey were here and we weren't even getting paid then we were free agents.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, you're right, that was the free agent.
Speaker 4: But we should be. We're getting paid now, so we.
Speaker 1: Should do an emergency if Westbrook it's okay, we probably will. We probably will. All right, let's keep it going here again. So much to talk about. Next one. The Suns are interested in Chris Paul. Those are reports the Celtics might pack there are three first round picks fourteen, twenty six, and thirty to move into the lottery and then flip that for Drew Holiday. That's a report. Coyle Enard, Well, if he doesn't get Westbrook, he would like Chris Paul. That's a report. The Hawks. They've emerged as possible trade suitor for the Pelicans guard Drew Holiday. That's a report. My goodness, there's a lot going on, especially with those two names, Chris Paul and Drew Holiday. So I'll ask it this way, Trey, you get a started favorite trade rumor CP three to the Suns, drew to the Celtics, CP three to the Clippers, or drew to the Hawks. What you got?
Speaker 5: I love a law skeets. I think these are all fabulous rumors. Let me run them through real quick. Chris Paul to the Sons is interesting because it makes the Suns a little bit interesting. The last thing we saw from them eight no in the bubble. If you're adding a defensive minded veteran presence, you gotta think that helps, especially, you know, assuming Ricky Rubio will likely be gone. Chris Paul certainly an upgrade there, and according to Brian Windhorse, Chris Paul has the approval of the Thunder to be speaking with the Sons with which skirts tampering room because Chris Paul knows every single rule. This guy knows every rule in the entirety of the NBA. He knows you got to have your jerseys tucked in, and he knows that if you get approval from your team, even if you're the Players Association president, you can go and fake Tampa with other teams. I think that's just brilliant stuff. The guy has done his homework. I'm good thinking Drew to the Celtics hilarious because the Celtics are always trading for whoever is available. Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard. Now it's Drew Holliday. Will it happen?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I also like CP three to the Clippers for the history. It's easy to work out the math because all of the players who were traded from the Rockets to the Clippers, when Chris Paul went from the Clippers to the Rockets, they're basically still there, so you just throw them in the mix. It's very funny that most of these players were seeing traded for each other this offseason were the same ones that were in the mix a couple of offseasons previous. And Drew Holliday to the Hawks I think is also great. It accelerates their rebuilt, which is exactly what Drew Holliday going to the Pelicans did a few years back. If the Hawks want to try and be the eighth seed just like the Pelicans did, the same thing is probably gonna happen for the Hawks. You don't trade a whole bunch of young pieces to try and make the eighth seed unless you're just trying to make the eighth seed, and sometimes that's the goal for an NBA team. So I thought these were all juicy just because they all kind of fit perfect narratives of things we've seen before in the past for players personnel wise, something that's interesting. Chris Paul to the Suns, to me, is definitely the most interesting, just because it'd be interesting to see what they look like. You know, somebody who actually I think he raises their ceiling. I think he raises their floor. I think he'd be a nice fit alongside Devin Booker somebody else to make some plays there, and you can make it happen pretty easily. So yeah, give me Chris Paul to the Suns. I've never felt better about the Suns. I'd never felt better about Chris Paul. So put them together and let's see how it goes wrong.
Speaker 1: All right, Lee, what do you got for this one? What you got? Well?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that one as well, but I'll move on. I'll make another one. And I want to see Drew Holiday to the Celtics, but it would mean he'd pretty much have to come off the bench, I think, because you think of that backcourt with Kemba Walker, and.
Speaker 1: Well, why couldn't it mean Kemba Walker's moving I doubt it.
Speaker 6: I doubt I don't think they're going to move on from Kember. But if they're going to trade three potential first round picks basically to get a higher pick to flip that to New Orleans, that to me says you know that this they're going for win now and they want some more experienced veterans on their roster. And I think again, Drew is that veteran who's a very very steady hand at the end of the game's good defender, can shoot, can play off the ball, you know, and if Kember is having a bad game, he can fill in and take that that point guard position off him. So I like it. But again, you're paying a guy basically thirty million dollars then to come off the bench, and that's something that Danny Ainge doesn't like to do. But again, it's like all these other picks that we've got, you know, they're sort of mid to late first round picks. They're probably not going to impact the team as much as someone like Drew could immediately next season and the one after. So I would like to see him there. I just think, again, they're a defensive minded team, and Drew's a very good defensive player. He'd give them just extra depth and a steady hand and I like it, So I'd like to see that happen. It's just the Celtics. Remember we're going to give up six first round picks for Justice Winslow back in the day as well. That was one of the that was one of the crazy rumors. So they like to just package all these picks and say, all right, we'll just give you a wall to you just give us one guy in return, and will it happen? But you know, I think he would be the sort of guy again who would be happy to go there and accept a lesser role because he's closer to a championship. And Drew has spent a lot of his career not really close to a championship. So he's kind of like, I'm getting paid, I'm on a good team, and I'm competing, and I'm still going to play big minutes. It's just maybe not the same sort of big minutes that he's played, you know, for the Pelicans and when he was in the sixers there as well, So not as many shots, but you exchange that when you've been I think a lot of guys, you know, for if your career has been not making the playoffs and just not really close, you are prepared it later on to be like, you know what, I'm happy to go here. He seems like that type of guy anyway. Yeah, not like Westbrook where he's like, no, I just want the triple doubles. So that that's where I think drew it. So I think that would be a decent fit.
Speaker 1: I liked how you compare Danny Ainge his GM his moves, like here's a bunch of my picks, Just give me something better or a better player. That's how I used to play fantasy basketball. You would just like pick up like four guys waiver wire and then package them four for one. Deal man, Come on, come on, give me Kevin Garnette, I just got I'm giving you four guys. Yeah, you all up the waiver Wae Well.
Speaker 6: He shoots a great percentage for those guys are always annoying though, because you would like, well, I have to like sacrifice three other guys just to make this.
Speaker 1: Trade work for you, So your team sucks, like that guy's injured, that guy barely plays, you know, but we've.
Speaker 6: All we've all done that though, where you got a couple of hot guys off the waiver wire and instantly try to trade.
Speaker 1: The one hundred percent. That's what you do. That's that's the beauty fantasy mess, all right. So you like the Celtics one Trey obviously like in the Sun one with Chris Paul task, do you have a different one, one in the final two or something else that you like more what you got?
Speaker 4: Well, it sure seems like the Pelicans want to take a step back and get younger, and so it feels like, you know, whether it's the Celtics or the Hawks giving them picks, I'm buying it. I'm buying that David Griffin wants to put this thing in neutral and take a step back from going the veteran route. And I would love to see Drew Holliday as a as a Celtics starter. I think he's going to start. I don't think he's coming off the bench. I think they would have to find another team to take on Kimba Walker really in that, but it would be take so much pressure off Drew Holiday. Now I think you know he has he's gotten the pendulum to swing to swing. I should say, as we've said, from underrated to now just a tad bit overrated here because everybody loves them some Drew Holiday, but now you know he's going into his thirties. I think it would be a nice fit on the Celtics to be a complimentary player. They've got so many talented guys there, it would be really really nice. The Hawks thing is, it's it's a puzzler to me. As Trey said, it's it's almost like exactly what the Pelicans did. They went for it, and now the Hawks. Some are criticizing them for going too early or going for it too early if they try and get Drew Holliday. But I say do it. I say do it because they really really really believe in their core. They really believe in Trey Young, they believe Clint Capella is going to help out. And David Griffin in New Orleans, he fleeced the Hawks a little bit last year. The Hawks traded up for DeAndre Hunter in the draft so the Peals could get Nikhil Alexander Walker plus Jackson Hayes plus a couple second round picks. Hasn't worked out too well for the Hawks quite yet, but hey, go get fleeced again. Travis Flank, we believe in Yeah, I think I think Drew Holiday, he's he's just so solid to be beside Trey Young. And if you really really believe in Trey Young, John Collins and hopefully Hunter Reddish really evolves, just do it. Do it.
Speaker 1: Be a good team for sure. All Right, we got lots more still we got to here. But first let's hear from our sponsors. I pissed off a lot of the Star Wars geeks out there saying that the Mandalorian sucks.
Speaker 3: It kind of does I kind of more like the Mandaborian.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, that's it.
Speaker 7: But you know what, it is kind of cool to see X wings and ships flying around. I mean that's you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, like, yeah, I get that. And someone said, like, well, how much of a Star Wars fan are you? On scale one to ten? I said four right away? Four? Okay, Well I didn't know how to answer that, but yeah, I know you're right. You're seeing all this other things. It looks cool, that's the thing. It looks amazing the show, but nothing happens in the show. It's like a weird little side story happens that doesn't have any impact, Like, why is the Mandalorian He's lost total focus of what his goal is too? Why does he keep going on these dumb little side things.
Speaker 7: I don't know? Well, yeah, exactly, who knows. It's like an episodic Western adventure. It's like watching Bonanza or something, which I guess is fine, but come on, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get to it exactly. And someone said, I don't give a shit if this is a spoiler. We're talking about baby Yoda, diabolical Baby Yoda, as Jason was pointing out, eating this lady's frog frog lady's egg which is crazy. He's gonna save her entire like what do you call it? Species? Okay, because something's gonna happen to the rest of her eggs, right, and this weird little thing she's carrying around, something's gonna happen. Yeah, they're gone. Don't worry. Baby Yoda swallowed one, you know, goes into the bathroom, forces the backroom. He's gonna save them, for sure.
Speaker 7: He's gonnat the eggs, and the dad's gonna.
Speaker 4: Come on them.
Speaker 1: Mandalailer alert. Check it out, all right, back to what you got. According to the Indianapolis Star, three times Victor Oladipo told opposing teams during games that he wanted to join them, right in front of his Pacers teammates. Oh my god. It happened apparently against the Raptors, the Heat and the Knicks. His line or some variation of it was, can I come play with y'all? All right, so Oladipo asking other teams, can I come play with you all? This was the report factor fiction, Lee, what you got?
Speaker 6: It's fact. I'm going with fact on this one because it sort of does prove what we've been talking about a lot with Victor Oladipo on the Paces this season. It's been a weird, weird season. He obviously missed the start coming back from that injury, that that nasty injury that he suffered last season, the torn quadruceps I believe it was. And he started playing okay, but then the season went into lockdown or the shutdown happened, and then down in the bubble, we were heard that he was going to the bubble and he was going to work out with his team, but he wasn't going to play and they were going to pay him anyway. And then it was like, oh, well he's here and he's actually okay. So he did start playing with his team, and then they got swept in the first round by the Heat, and so the whole sort of there was a lot of rumor and speculation about whether or not Oladipa is going to sign a long term deal with the Paces because you know, it's like where they traded for him. He's been an All Star since he's been there. He's a good player, he's coming off a big injury. How good is he? But then there was also a bit of a feeling that maybe the team didn't want him to go out there and play, and that sort of frustrated him. Now, if you're saying he said to the next hey, I want to play with you guys. And this is obviously not during the lockout during the restart down there in Orlando, because the Knicks weren't down there. So this goes back to earlier in the season when the Pacers played the next So I think there's a lot of frustration from Oladipo for the injury and then being on a team that's good but not great, and he's like a star but not a superstar. And there's just a little bit of maybe the team is hesitant on signing him to a long term deal and he wants that and he expects that, and so is he going to get that from someone else? I'm not so sure. So I think he's kind of, you know, making it clear that he's not happy with his situation there in Orlando and he wants out if they're not going to pay him. And I think if you're the paces, you're like, well, we're probably not going to pay him, so we will try to trade him, and him sort of throwing a bit of a tantrum there by saying that in front of his team mate, you can understand why they feel that's disrespectful to do that. If he was being serious, if you're sort of joking around, okay, maybe maybe you could get away with it, But doing it allegedly three times to me is more likely he's saying I'm done in Indiana, I won out, I want to play with anybody else.
Speaker 1: So only if you had only done it, if you'd only said this when he was playing the next then you're like, ah, that's a.
Speaker 6: Good joke, exact joke exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, I say that with the heat and the Raftors. You're like, oh, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: I keep saying this, two good teams that are contenders, and he's like, I could see myself on that. He's been rumored, of course, to the Heat that's out there, the Raptors. I haven't really heard that, but the Knicks is also a rumor. So I think it's just a combination of frustration not playing all that much and then you know, playing okay, down in the bubble he played, he played some good games down there, but also the paces time to move on. I think, so I buy it. I'm buying that.
Speaker 1: You're buying a fact task. What do you think what you got with this one?
Speaker 4: A man on the basketball floor is playing on it against another team and says, I come play with y'all. I I know it's paraphrasing, but I think, y'all, can I come play with you guys? Can I come play in your city of basketball operations? I think it's a step too far. I think maybe he's talking to the Heat or the Knicks and just talking to a guy on the other team that he likes. He's talking to Jimmy Butler and he's saying, you know what kind of practice is you guys running, you guys keep it tight over there. Man. I'd love to play in a situation like that. And that's it. Like, I think maybe he's looking at greener pastures. For sure. He doesn't seem like he's super super duper happy, but I think he's just trying to get a lay of the land, you know. I was trying to feel out what the NBA is all about.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he's out of Indiana. So basically the paraphrasing is right, and it's a shorter, snappier headline, but it was I think it's more of a conversation during a free throw, like a full two free throws. He's chatting to somebody on the other team about, you know, what it's like in another city because he's, uh, yeah, for some reason, he just doesn't love it in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is interesting, Trey. I feel like Victor Oladipo is going down the path with Paul George, uh in terms of like being really well liked I think by most fans and quickly having them sour on them, just maybe because they're thinking they're a little bit better than they are, or at least in terms of what they've accomplished so far, Like, oh, a depot is good, but he is sort of still riding the wave of like one good season, right and I know injuries of coming to play, but he is not a superstar. Seems to sort of certainly think he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we all remember that twenty seventeen eighteen season when right after the Paul George trade, where Oladipo became an All NBA player and he took the Pacers to a Game seven against Lebron in the first round of the playoffs, and so we all think back to that. Obviously, he suffered an injury soon thereafter, but he wasn't even having a great season during eighteen nineteen. He was having an All Star season. But that's a little bit different than an All NBA season. And you would think that having suffered an injury similar to Paul George breaking his leg during a Team USA scrimmage, that you would want to stay with the franchise that kind of built you up. That seems to be a little bit on the upswing, which the Pacers certainly are. But for whatever reason, Indiana is not able to keep these stars that they have helped so much. You know, they I do think that they build their teams around their stars. I thought that the that the Pacers definitely tried to build around Paul George. I know, he didn't like it when they told him he was gonna eventually have to play four and he didn't want to be considered a big guy or whatever.
Speaker 3: And you know, it.
Speaker 5: Definitely feels like the Pacers are building around Ola Depot now, or at least that was the thought that they would be able to put some you know, some supporting pieces around him and maybe be a bit of an ensemble with him as the head of the cast. But it just hasn't worked out, and it definitely just feels like Ola Depot is going to be squandering all of that, all those happy feelings we have for him after being a surprise player during the twenty seventeen eighteen season. It feels exactly like Paul Georgian. You know, that's got to be a little bit troubling for the Pacers because it feels like they're able to consistently make good teams and build up players and find all stars where you wouldn't necessarily expect him, but then they're not able to necessarily go into hyper drive or I guess in Indianapolis, overdrive, raise those RPMs and get into the upper stratus of the Eastern Conference. But this isful stuff from it, Victor Oladipo. If it's true, I mean, even if it's a short conversation, obviously somebody heard it and was very excited to tell about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, have you been to Indianapolis? Trey, like, oh yeah, does it suck? Like maybe just guys just don't want to live there.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I think that New York is probably more alluring than Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Is same with Toronto.
Speaker 5: Uh, but you know, for me, it's a place where you go for a big event or where you're passing through. I don't know if I would be playing seventy to eighty two games there.
Speaker 4: Great for the Final four, right.
Speaker 1: Sure, exactly? Yeah, maybe a super Bowl. Yeah, you got a lot of big events coming through there. But maybe now he sees like the calendars like, oh man, we're not going to any of these big events, so give me the whole out of here, miss Hamilton. Yeah, this is this is a rough look. And you know, I know, I think Pacers fans, I don't know how they feel about the people I'm sure some love them. I'm sure some have maybe soured on him because I do I wonder, like after these come back from injury, Like where does even rank right now? He as as on the piecers like best players list, Like he's not one. I don't think, I'm I'm you starting to make cases that he's not even number two where he is right now coming back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I would say Sabonis is their best player and then it's down to you know, Miles Turner and Oladipot for that other spot. But TJ. Warren also really cashed in down in the bubble there, so.
Speaker 1: He's possibly their third or fourth best player, and that's not I mean, I know he's been better and has had a higher ceiling, but right now, yeah, I think that's where I would have him too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And that's again when he when he when he's a free agent, how much do you want to invest in for how long in Oladipot? And I think that's the real question that the injury is one concern and just how good he is is the other concern. I mean, is he worth? Is he worth you know, five years and one hundred and twenty five million, like like I don't think so, but that's probably where you know, that's probably what he's thinking he's going to get, and I don't think I don't think a lot of teams would want to pay him that much. So, you know, I mean, he's going to get twenty million year, I would think just because he's got some potentially he's pretty good. But how good? How good? That's the question? And two we see him come back and play a full season to get better, an idea of just how well he's recovered from that injury and just whether or not he can return to that All Star All NBA level because he was good for that season. But was that the anomaly that season or was that more likely what you can expect from him. I think it's probably the first one from what we've seen so far.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it going here. As the twenty twenty NBA Draft approaches, there are still very little consensus on who the top picks are going to be. How it's all going to unfold again. I was joking about it off the top, and we were talking with Hollander. It feels like no one even wants these guys. No one even wants the draft picks. So tasks draft pick more likely to be traded next week, the Wolve's number one pick or the warriors number two pick.
Speaker 4: What you got, I think it is the Wolves at the number one pick, because although, yeah, the feeling on these guys isn't super hot right now, somebody will definitely want the number one pick at some point. I don't even know if the Wolves trade it before they make their pick, but as Hollinger told us, because it's sort of been a shortened season here before the draft, things could happen a little bit after the draft. So I think that's more likely to happen than the Warriors because I'm not sure how well LaMelo Ball fits with D'Angelo Russell there, and if they want to have, you know, a couple years of trying to make that work, I don't think they have that kind of time to appease everybody there. And then even you know, does Wiseman fit there? I don't think. So there's a lot of question marks. So I think that pick eventually gets traded, whether it's on drafted or after that. And with the Warriors, I don't think they do it just because they've got a top four now that gets paid a lot of money, and yes, I'm throwing in Andrew Wiggins in with Draymond Green, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, not for his play but for his dollar dollars. So I think they kind of like the certainty of a number two pick what he's going to cost, that he is a good player and will be there to at least link the present to the future a little bit. Obviously, not all of these guys are going to be franchise guys, but they're going to try and put him in a situation in an organization that has created incredible players, and Steph and Clay and Draymond, they've made those guys great players. So I think they've got some faith in themselves, whether it's this year or next year, to have a guy who really really contributes at a cost certain value, because what are they going to get for that number two pick? Are they going to get a I guess you would think, you know, somebody to take Kevon Looney spot at the center spot, because Loony is always hurt to try and help them win a championship. That's possible, But I think they believe in their core and they'd like to have somebody to give them a great player in the future.
Speaker 1: What do you got Trey, which why are likely to get moved on the flip side of his task.
Speaker 5: I think that the Warriors would be more likely to trade their pick just because I agree the idea of drafting a Wiseman and having him as the kind of bridge between your your dynasty era and whatever the next phase of the Warriors is going to be. It's not dissimilar to when the Spurs had Kawhi Leonard and it looked like he was going to be taking the reins from Tim Duncan. I can understand that, and I can also understand the value in you're gonna be a good team next year. We all know that you might as well take a shot at having somebody who becomes a superstar in the future. But I also think it's hard for an NBA team with title aspirations to be relying on a rookie as your big guy. And I think it's gonna be tough to say, Hey, James Wiseman, you've been at this massive recruit for two straight years. We've been talking about this draft forever. Now we want you to watch Javeail McGee tape so you can learn how to run up and down the court and dunk. I just don't think that that's a something that really happens with a nineteen twenty year old guys. So I can see them this pick maybe along with Wiggins. There's been talk of perhaps the Pelicans, You're able to get something like JJ Reddick or Derek Favor, something along those lines. Maybe two players who help in the future in the playoffs, who are a little bit more reliable than the young guy. So I just think it would be the Warriors because there's this huge, this huge movement of doing all you can to give Steph Clay and Draymond another chance it winning a title.
Speaker 1: Sure, where do you fall leave?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the same there. I think the Warriors there in win now mode, and a young guy, you know, he might take a few years just to get to the level they need him at. So if there's a veteran out there that can give them something a little bit more that's ready now, I think they'll do that. I think that's part of the reason why they originally signed D'Angelo Russell and then of course traded him for Andrew Wiggins, was to have that asset ready in case they need to flip it to somebody and now package with the number two pick. You know they've got something out there. It's just whether or not, you know, anyone there's much interest in Andrew Wiggins, which you know, it's hard to I really know if any teams want to take a flyer on him. But again, if you're going to get that second pick as well, then you're like, Okay, that's the price we have to pay that you have to take that weekends contract as well. So that's where I think the Warriors are. They're like, we can get a good player at number two if no one wants to take us on a trade there. But ultimately, I think they are looking to get a veteran who's going to serve their purposes a lot more better now than getting a younger guy who's going to be a few years before you can they can really rely him as well. And you know, again the Warriors that Steph basically missed last season. I know he played a handful of the game. Obviously, Draymond played a handful of games, but he was kind of he was kind of floating through those games. And Clay's been he hasn't played since June last year. So you know, they want to go back and they want to be competing straight away. They don't want to take a year or two to get back to that level. They're ready to compete for more championships.
Speaker 1: It's funny, though, both of these teams actually want to win now. The Warriors want to win totals now because there are guys, But the Wolves want to win now because while they're the Wolves and they never win, that'd be nice, especially to the message to towns, like hey, we got something going here. But also, they don't have their pick in twenty twenty one. It's going to the Warriors. I think it's top three protected, so they'd have to be really really bad get some luck. Obviously in the draft lottery. They're gonna not want to give that up, so they have incentive to be at least a solid team. But I don't know whether that means yeah, drafting with the number one pick and bringing in a ball or an Edwards or something like that, or does it mean flipping it for maybe someone that can help you immediately. Not that those guys couldn't too. I mean not many people are high on them, but you never know, You never know, all right, Next one here. We got more jerseys to talk about. Now, look, before we show you the ones, I just want to say the Valley Boys, the Suns, that one is official. I know there's been great photos going around Kelly Ubray Junior, who might be moved with a horse and a Ferrari, And you're seeing the jerseys. They look pretty good in IRL. I gotta say they look better than the you know, the leak that we saw, and that always is the case usually, but the Forum gonna throw at you guys that are official, official, Now we got show them here for the YouTubers, the Orlando Magic, they got an orange vibe with the pin stripes. There's the Magic, the Sixers. This one's very interesting. Some boathouses on this black jersey. We'll get into that. Sacramento Kings. This one was a leak too that I think I forgot about maybe last time we were talking about these. But you got some checkered on the side there. They're very black at the blue. And then the final one, the Hornet's going with this minty fresh buzz city. Look. So, of these four Magic, Sixers, Kings or Hornets, what's your favorite. What's the best of the bunch. What you got Trey.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a blowout Skeetze.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the Hornets have the best of these new batch of leaks that we're seeing. And like you're saying, is this mint is the teal a little bit different? It feels a little bit different than the teal that we see on the normal Hornets uniforms. But I think it looks incredible. I love how they're mixing it with the gold kind of playing on the New Orleans Hornets look from a few years back. But this is a banger. This one is incredible. I don't necessarily love buzz City as their nickname here, but you know, similar to how the Suns decided to put the Valley on their jerseys, and we're like, the Valley it Maine something to the people there. So if buzz City means something to the people of Charlotte, that's fine. Because the jerseys, as Lee Ellis would say, off faya.
Speaker 1: They look with these look, these look awesome. Just the color palette, it just works. Even the little logo there. I mean you can sort of see it in this photo on the shorts. Yeah, that could say Hornets on the chest. I think the jersey would still be absolutely incredible. I also could see Westbrook in those. I think it would look so fricking coos. Yeah, can anyone make a case for another one of these? Tass you got something on the well.
Speaker 4: Those buzz City jerseys are the best Charlotte jersey since this thing since remember back in the Bobcats days. I can fit a few bodies in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're doing a live show in twenty eleven in Chicago. Actually, and I had been talking about a Mecca Oca for so much. I can just flip this jersey right to show you the Yoka for in the back. Yeah, because it's so huge. A fan of ours, Kevin Rris, said, listen, I've got this Charlotte Bobcats jersey. They're bad. I don't want this jersey anymore. You can have it, And so he handed it to me at our live show. So I'm happy to to have a new jersey. I just like wearing this. I go swimming. It's a blanket. I like a beautiful That buzz City is God, it's gorgeous and they haven't had a nice jersey since I can't remember how long. I love the fact that they kind of buy into the teal and the blue, and and I didn't wear the jersey that they sent to us back in twenty fourteen. I remember Lee wearing it. There's a photo of Lee wearing it. They wore us the hornet they sent us those, the Teal hornets. Yeah, but this, Yeah, it's not teal, it's not aqua. What is it? It is mint? Yeah, it's beautiful, that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Cask looks like he's wearing a John Elway jersey. See the Charlotte Bobcats part. Yeah it's amazing. Yeah all right, so yeah, for the listeners, Task is wearing a gigantic sized a Mecca Charlotte Bobcat.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it's been I guess nine years that you've had that jersey.
Speaker 1: And I also can't believe that.
Speaker 5: There was really an era where the NBA ran out with wide sleeved jerseys. Remember that, Like the only ones that look cool at all were Alan Iverson wearing them. But with Task, you're right, it looks almost like a football journey because.
Speaker 3: Five x maybe, oh.
Speaker 1: Maybe we were joking recently, tasked that prior to our video days, people thought you were like five hundred pounds. Maybe maybe that listener was like this. Maybe it was a nice for tasks. You showed up and saw you was like, what your voice doesn't match you? You are okay? So you are like you're like in the bus city as well? Yeah, Lee, is it bus city? Is it those minty fresh green ones?
Speaker 6: Let's go to Philadelphia. Let's have a look at the six is one, because I think this is the one that's cools the most.
Speaker 1: Backlash.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think so, because it's a little bit weird, isn't it. Like Ye, So it's the what the Philly suburbs there is?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 6: The housing? I mean, what is it?
Speaker 1: What is it? It's like the boat Rows houses. Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Philadelphia have had some incredible uniforms in the last few years, so this is a step backwards. But maybe they were just due to have a bit of a stinker there. They've got the bell there just above the you know, above the the dong. Yeah, above the dong. They got the dong on the dong, which, you know, I like that. I like the Liberty bell there, but yeah, placement probably wasn't the best. But I do you like.
Speaker 5: The ttp that is right over the ad in Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Trust to trusting the process A right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't notice that.
Speaker 1: So did Ben Simmons design these two? I know Zachlo had a massive article on these, which I unfortunately didn't read.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's.
Speaker 1: What happened, right.
Speaker 6: He had some say involved there with the design process because it was mostly something to do with the Essendon Football Club, which is your team. Of course.
Speaker 1: See the Bomber Slayer.
Speaker 6: Now JD has a phone of you, then that's the that's just the traditional Issenon jersey identical. Yeah, so yeah a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's got that oak of four Bobcats sleeves on it, wight up top.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Apparently Ben Simmons his main inputs on these were we gotta have a black jersey, fair enough, everybody wanted to go back to the iverson black jersey's very cool. And then they did like a blue version, a black with mostly blue trim, and he said, no, no, no, no, no, I love the Bombers. Put some red on there. Okay, now they have black, blue and red, which is it's a no for me.
Speaker 1: The only thing these Sixers jerseys are missing are a big ad that say Amart furniture. Well that was on the Bombers Show, The Bombers.
Speaker 3: Juice running back.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how you guys missed it. It's like right there across the sash. What can I get there besides furniture the girls?
Speaker 6: Uh well, I've never heard of I'm furniture before. I've heard of came out of course. Yeah, but yeah. The jersey sponsors usually change around very, very frequently.
Speaker 4: So are you guys liking the King's jerseys?
Speaker 3: I do like them.
Speaker 1: They feel like, well, they actually feel like Charlotte's. Was it Charlotte that had the you know, the race stripe or what do you call, I don't know, the checkerboard or whatever on the side there? What was that back in the day? Charlotte had one of those crazy they did at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can pull a NASCAR so maybe they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was. That's what it was. I guess I don't. I just don't have much of an opinion about them. I'm just like, all right, they're not the worst of the bunch we've seen. They're definitely not the best.
Speaker 4: I like them.
Speaker 1: You like them? Yeah, you like them.
Speaker 7: It's got a you know, it's chess, right, Kings the chess board checker.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm an idiot. I do you even know like of that?
Speaker 7: I'm all about the Queen's gambit these days, so uh, shout out to the kings.
Speaker 4: Okayam, but did you finish the Queen's Game?
Speaker 7: I have not, so don't give me any sailors.
Speaker 3: It took us two nights. Thrilling stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to see Sacktown play cream City though, right, I'll be really nice. And hey, I thought you might go with the Magic Tray. You're a big orange guy, so I wanted to get your opinion on these, like not enough orange? Like these these aren't upgrade over the dark gray ones they had with the orange, I think certainly.
Speaker 5: Uh, And I do like that people kind of discovered that if you flip the Magic's normal jerseys.
Speaker 3: They're black and blue.
Speaker 5: It almost inverts perfectly, hearkening back to the days of hey, what color is this dress? But as we see with Tass in his legendary and Mecha Oka for jersey, orange jerseys are tough. I love orange jerseys, but it feels like we're still waiting for a classic NBA orange.
Speaker 4: Fair and they're and they're claiming that it's a bit of a throwback to the mid nineties era and their pin stripes, but you gotta keep the same color palette. I think the orange is too far. This is the second year now they've gone to the orange. I just can't get Evan Fournier Magic Guard out of my head when he said what are we playing for the Suns now? When he was commenting about their first orange jersey. It's just it's too orange. It is really distinct, right, It's like the Sons are the only team I think that has it as part of their uniform predominantly orange, other than the old Bobcats.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe maybe the.
Speaker 3: Knicks have ran out some more. He's the Thunder as well, And exactly. They're not memorable, No, they're not.
Speaker 1: I like these magic jerseys better than the ones they were throwing at us last year that just said our l and they were gray and had a little orange, and I didn't like them. This is nicer. Yeah, yeah, I don't like a star too. Let's hear it for you guys at holler at us on Twitter. At least at no dunkstick with all these jerseys. You gotta take one more break here. But we do have a few more questions. All right, we're ending with some really silly ones here, as we usually do on no dunks. This one, there's no preamble, just got some photos JD. Would you rather, guys, wear a shirt of yourself like Tyler Hero did there, yes, with the snarl as he's going through some shooting drills. Or would you rather wear Nike bread shoes? Okay, a shirt of yourself like Tyler Hero did, or these Nike bread shoes. I can't wait to see where Lee ranks this type of bread on his favorite breads. But Tray, you answer first, what would you rather wear?
Speaker 5: At first, I thought this was a pretty tough question. You know, on one hand, you're wearing a shirt of yourself.
Speaker 3: It's a tough move. It's certainly a tough move.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, you've got a pair of shoes that are made out of bread, which will fall apart, but you can catch some good fish on little bread balls. Ultimately, though, I'm going with a shirt of myself, okay, because it's almost an honor amongst my group of friends back home. You guys have heard me bring up my buddy Murph. We always would torment him at homecoming. One year, we printed up thousands of pictures of him during his Dragonball murfh Era is what we called it. We put him all around campus.
Speaker 1: He hated it.
Speaker 5: The next year we printed off a whole bunch more pictures that said welcome to the bro Show.
Speaker 3: He hated it. Oh, the guy was furious.
Speaker 5: So the very next year, my buddy Bryce made us all shirts that said let's get mer ridiculous, along with the picture of Murph's face.
Speaker 3: And then wore those to homecoming.
Speaker 5: Murph hated it, but he loved it because when you're wearing a shirt with your face on it and everybody else you know was wearing a shirt with your face on it, you're the star, right then. So Tyler Hero, he was the star of that game when he snarled. We're gonna remember that snarl for a long time. So I feel like he's got to pay some tribute, even if it's to himself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're fine with the shirt of yourself. Let's got a tacit guy who's got another wardrobe change. Yeah, task explain to the listener what you got on here?
Speaker 4: Well, what's weird about wearing yourself on a shirt. I'm wearing a shirt with my face drawn on it by a fan from a long time ago, with the label pun guns and two fingers up like I'm I'm firing off some puns. There's smoke rising from each of my two fingers. Just fired a couple quick puns. I have no idea what their shirt came from. I've been doing, like a lot of people during the pandemic, a lot of cleaning around my house. So I found this old Charlotte podcast Jersey, and I found this thing so cool. I'm putting it on. It's a perfect fit. What's what's weird about that?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 4: Actually, this question reminded me of when we did a shoot with Big Baby Davis. And he's got himself on that shirt. That's that's that's him, Larry Is. Look at the glow up on JD.
Speaker 1: First, let's talk about this photo.
Speaker 4: And there's Big Baby with your heart out.
Speaker 7: I really missed that hat.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what happened to it?
Speaker 4: Yea?
Speaker 7: I sat on it?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh what a look? Wow?
Speaker 4: That is what year was that? Twenty eleven, twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: It looks like nineteen eighty eight or something like that.
Speaker 4: It was just baggy clothes. There's banking clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so yeah, I gotta say, though, task back to him if we can drop that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you said you just found it. I don't ever remember you just wearing this shirt.
Speaker 4: It's the first time I've ever worn it.
Speaker 1: But honestly, it's pretty good drawing, pretty good. It does look like you. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty pretty solid.
Speaker 4: I have no idea where it came from.
Speaker 1: But okay, and Lee, let's go to you here. Okay, what do you got leave for this? I think I know your answer, but a way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just wearing a hat with my own logo on top right now, and I wear this around from time to time. It's a very comfortable hat nurse. So you know, I'd have no problems wearing my own T shirt. I mean, we have the very solid play T shirt. It's not my face though, it's more just the diagram of a play So yeah, but I've worn this on the beach in Mexico a few times, and you know, just let people know, Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 5: In case you're wondering, do people know it's you when they see the hat?
Speaker 6: No, but they sort of go I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, you know, if I had to tell people, because I told a guy once down there in Mexico, I said, yeah, that's me on the hat, and he was kind of like, why you're wearing a hat of yourself? But you know, I told her about the show and everything, so we got there in the end, but it was still a bit weird. But yeah, very comfortable hat. I have to say, all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to agree with you guys. I'm gonna go with a shirt of yourself. Just because you can't wear these naked bread shoes. You can't wear them too like like a square where there's pigeons or stuff like that, you're absolutely screwed. So I mean they look coffee, they're almost look toasted a little bit too.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 1: I love toasts. Put some jam on those. But yeah, I'll go with the shirt. JD gun answer for this one? Which one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I'm going shirt, although I mean I do have a shirt with all of our faces on it and I'm right in the center and I'm way too self conscious to wear it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well there you go. So yeah, but you weren't self conscious not to wear a fedora.
Speaker 7: Hey man, I'm a hat guy.
Speaker 3: I like hats.
Speaker 1: You do love hats.
Speaker 4: That's funny. I was cleaning out all my stuff and I realized I got some hats. I'm gonna wear hats again, I said to Danielle. Yes, yair. She goes, okay, all right, let's let's see you do it.
Speaker 1: You're a wild man. Yeah, slowed downright, final one. I don't know about you guys, but my social feed social media feeds are like being flooded with people opening their shiny new xboxes and PlayStation consoles. So Christmas is right around the corner. I want you to treat yourself here. Xbox Series X or PS five JD.
Speaker 7: What you got PS five? Hook me up, people, I need one. It's got to be under that tree Christmas morning.
Speaker 1: I'm in big trouble. So you didn't buy one?
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, I check every day. It's sold out everywhere. I don't know, it's very hard to find. Yeah, I don't know why I became a PS PlayStation person. I think it's because of there was one game that was only available on the PS four or PS three, and then I just never looked back.
Speaker 1: So right right, so you will be going you'd want PlayStation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the kids are. The kids are very much PlayStation guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you got, Leley. I'm fascinated to hear your answer for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I have retired officially from playing video games, but I used to be a PlayStation guy, so I guess I would go the PS five.
Speaker 1: I got to see it right now. The look you got going, it looks like you got you on twitch trail alone. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's funny though, Jada, you talk about it for Christmas because you know, I have an eight year old and a four year old, and and I am sort of like, because we got a Natari twenty six hundred for Christmas when we were like, you know, the mid eighties, and that was like the one the one joy stick with one button and you can play a million games. It was incredible, And I'm like, maybe it's time, Maybe it's time to get the boys there and see just how crazy and irate they can get at each other and throw things around the house when things don't go their way. But I know you can get a lot more games these days where there's some physical play involved, isn't there? I think that that is that the place.
Speaker 7: No, that's the Nintendo and they're moving away from that kind of thing, although there are virtual reality if you want your stuff stuff broken in your house, definitely at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know that it does does bring out the worst behavior in kids. So you know, maybe it's time.
Speaker 1: Oh I love the idea of Christmas morning a couple presence under the LS family tree, kids opening up. Wow, PlayStation five. Oh my god, this is acredbled. Daddy're the best? What games do we got? Least? Somehow us found the one bar three game. Let's get yeah, next level vegetable medicine. All right, so task, what are you? What do you want? Xbox with PlayStation It's on me. I'm buying.
Speaker 4: I'm going five or I'm I. I was a Nintendo person of Nintendo Superintendo N sixty four and then I got a PS three purchase for me as a gift. It was a great gift when I broke my leg way back in the day because I was sitting at home. So I got a PS three purchase for me. I don't play it though, and I never upgraded to the PS four. Well maybe I can get wrapped in around the PS five. I don't know. I don't know, maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Which which one of the are like catching on fire like they look like they're vaping tray. Have you seen these videos going? I think it might be the Xbox one, but I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that the Xboxes were vaping, But it seems like the perfect time does switch right now because a PlayStation like JD Sam impossible to get. And then you have seen, I'm sure, on Twitter so many of these messages that say, hey, your PlayStation five is coming in PlayStation five packaging. It's gonna be stolen, so you gotta be out there waiting, like leave for his pot for his passport. What's harder to get a PlayStation five or your passport in the mail?
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 6: Round two of the Possiports Saga Oh.
Speaker 1: Boy podcast. It sounds like a great PlayStation game. The passport. It's somewhere.
Speaker 6: It's somewhere in New York right now, it's back in New York. It's somewhere. It's either yeah, it's at the Canadian embassy. I believe that I have to pay an extra twenty dollars escalation fee for something.
Speaker 1: To make a video game out of the Yeah, that's called what happened to the Nintendo Switch?
Speaker 4: JD. You're a switchman. I almost made the move.
Speaker 7: It's just full enough. I have to wrestle my wife Rachel. She plays Tetris on it NonStop, so you know, it's become the Tetris machine.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: That's a great game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear from you guys. Xbox PS five, which one should we all get? You know? The correct answer here is just everybody, all five of us got to get an NBA GM arcade. We all got to hook that up, get it on Wi Fi. We got to play each other.
Speaker 4: Be great.
Speaker 1: Let's call it there. This is a super long one, a lot of fun topics, though. Comment on Twitter at No Dunk Sink. Obviously leave your five star rating review. If you listen to us on Apple podcasts like what I wanted to hear earlier. Westbrook trades, your Drew Holiday trades, your Chris Paul trades. You can email them in No dunks at the Athletic dot com, or again, you can tweet them in at No Dunk Sink. We'll call it there. No shows this weekend, we'll be back next week. It's gonna be a probably a busy week in the NBA and we might have some emergency shows. So make sure you subscribe to us on YouTube if you're a part of the stream team, or you like watching the show, or wherever you download and listen to the No Dunks podcast, just make sure you subscribe. Very very important. All right, Clipper bros.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first, have a great time turn up. Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us. And remember, got to get a couple of comments in here from the team stream. We don't want to denigrate the Xbox because apparently Skeets wasn't vaping. According to Chris Lanzel, the Xbox video was debunked. Oh it wasn't real apparently, but Ragon Brownie here says in the comments the Xbox has a weird kind of ventilation system. So I don't know, is rage and right or is Chris Lanz al right? Oh man, we'll never know.
Speaker 1: We'll find out next week on No Ducks.
Speaker 7: Every day and that you happy every minute.
Speaker 4: It's been so long that you're the one I've wait for. It's happened already. It's gonna be grippy,