Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. You're ready, Let's get it off. How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday's three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley ten and Pacific one Eastern. And it is Thursday on this show. And normally you know that means, but not today because we got some changes today. Normally we do a very in depth aw Dynamite Report. We will not be doing that today. I will be talking about what happened on the show, some notes from the show. But in the second segment we will be joined by Runney Paquette. I love saying that name, Runney Pusquette, and we have a lot to talk about, including the Wrestling Revolver returning to Dayton, Ohio, iming Sunday, two shows in one day live on Fight TV. There is a Women's Grand Prix at three o'clock PM, and there is Revolver Redemption with John Moxley and Gringo Loco a eight PM and Renee is I believe they're calling her the Special Ambassador and so she's going to talk about the Women's Grand Prix as well as aw Dynamite and plenty more. We have her for two segments here today, so that should be a lot of fun. And prior to that, we'll talk about the news, which is the lineups for the title Tuesday and NXT shows next Tuesday. Killy wait, will we talk about this?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: We've got Adam Cole injury update on him, NXT No Mercy ratings, the post pay per view show, and yes, a bunch of notes from Dynamite Wednesday, where a lot of stuff happened and we got some show to build towards. We already know the main event for Full Gears MJF defending the title against Switchblade. So a lot to get into here today if you want to Texas forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Bryan at Wrestling Observer dot com, Threads, Instagram and yes, cameo at four W online. Have you got your cameo this week? What are you waiting for? At Brian Albare is on the acts back in the moment. Observer Live show begin the show. Brian Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SIMBERBB also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Ronee Pokette we'll be joining us in the next segment of the show. But first, we got a lot of news coming off the Dynamite Show last night. Not gonna do a full Dynamite review that'll be on the Brain of NU show tonight nine Pacific midnight. Eastern Subscribers Wrestling Observer dot com get the Bryan and Vinnie Show can also watch it at video dot at four w online dot com. And they announced a bunch of things because everyone's losing their mind about next Tuesday. Aw is determined, determined to win the night. N XT is determined to win the night. And uh, I mean, I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: What's the matter?
Speaker 1: Who cares? I mean, it's literally it's one day. Yeah, Like it doesn't matter. Make it special, I mean, make it special, everything like that. But like it doesn't matter if NXT. If NXT loses, what difference does it make. If Dynamite loses, what difference does it make? What's gonna matter? Everyone's gonna tvd ye. Hey, listen, it was gonna matter for the next TV deal, like how you're doing on average. Yeah, it's not like they're going to go. You know, we were thinking about giving you one hundred and fifty million, but that one day, that one Tuesday, one Tuesday, you did a little bit better than usual. Man, Now we're going to give you a three hundred million now, right, Well, it's.
Speaker 3: This is for the people that just love throwing mud back and forth at each other and are big fans of one product over the other. That is all this is about. At the end of the day, I doubt anything will happen on either one of these shows that shakes the core of their business down to its very foundation, and I just don't I don't foresee that happening. So really, at the end of the day, when it comes to be Wednesday morning, it's just going to be another couple of shows that happened, and we'll get a bunch of content out of it for a couple of days with everybody fighting back and forth, and the rating will be let out and then everybody will fight about that and then we're on to the next one.
Speaker 1: You know, the worst thing about doing a show is people listen to it.
Speaker 3: It's a blessing.
Speaker 1: Actually, I take that back. The worst part of doing a show is people don't listen to it. Yes, it's bloke here, mushroom man, Brian hates fun. What in the name of God Almighty does? What did I say that I had anything to do with fun? What I said was, if I may repeat myself, it doesn't matter which show wins on this one Tuesday. It only matters for people's egos. I didn't say I wasn't gonna enjoy the shows. I didn't say I didn't like the lineups. I didn't say it wasn't gonna be fun. What I said was neither show is gonna get a better deal if they win, and neither show is gonna get canceled if they lose. So for the people involved, what difference does it make? It doesn't make any difference except for everybody's ego. Now, yeah, it's gonna be fun because we got two stacked lineups. You want to talk about it might be happy to all right? Thank god, poor Renee is not falling victim to this yelling. So NXT has Carmelo Hayes with John Cena against Brawn Breaker with Paul Hayman. Roxan Perez will be facing Osca Yes, the Great Oscar and Cody Rhoades. Cody Rhodes Yes will be making a major announcement huge. Yes. We have John Cena, Paul Hayman, Oscar and Cody Rhoads all on NXC. That's just what they've told you so far. They haven't announced the Ridge Holland match. Now for Dynamite Soria or as I like to call her, Sorea defends the International Women's World Championship. There's a lot of belts bro against the Karashida Ray Phoenix will defend the International title against John Moxley. It looks like they're gonna do exactly what I did not want them to do, which is the first match back. Moxley just wins his title back because he wasn't supposed to lose it. But sure looks like that's where we're going here. We have got Brian Danielson Swerve Strickland in a Number one Contenders match. We have Jay White against Hangman Page. We have got Adam Copeland against the Luca Source in his debut, that being Adam Copeland of course, and we've got Chris Jericho against Powerhouse Hobbs, who has joined this absolutely horrible croup of I said creep, which is also horrible. That's what he should call this group. Don Callis's croup a horrible childhood disease that my child has suffered from multiple times. It's Chris Jericho Powerhouse Hobbs. He has joined the family.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: What a head to head that's gonna be. You know that sounds like my fun. But you know what, it certainly doesn't matter which side wins.
Speaker 3: I think the fans win, don't they.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll have to watch the shows because there's a very good chance I'm gonna lose because Dave's gonna want to do a show that night, and I'm on the West coast, so I'm I'm I'm just screwed six ways from Sunday. No getting around it.
Speaker 3: Mm hm hmmm. Well, no, it gives you Wednesday night off, now.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't because I'll do the Bryna v Show that night. Are you able to watch two shows? A Bryan and Viny show and a Dave show in one night? Yeah? You know, no, that's not gonna happen. I hit my wall about uh, about ten am on Wednesday when I beg Glance to just go solo because I just couldn't do anymore. I just couldn't do it. How is he enjoying it? Eight shows in forty eight hours, eight and forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: You know, honest to god, you know, Carl Stern died, for Heaven's sakes, pulled himself back up, uploaded his show, went to the hospital, found out that he died, came back to life, kept uploading shows, And here you are complaining.
Speaker 1: Hey, Carl Stern will outlive all of us. I think that's abundantly clear we're really saying, and more power to him.
Speaker 3: Jim Valley and Carl Stern are going to keep us all safe. Yeah, they repelled death like nobody else.
Speaker 1: Adam Cole provided an injury update during a Twitch stream on Thursday. He broke his ankle during a run in on Dynamite. Says it's not clear exactly how the injury occurred. He said it's going to require two surgeries, eight screws, and a plate being inserted into his ankle. Obviously, he said, as many people know, my ankle is broken. When all is and done, when I'm eventually able to get everything all fixed. I'm gonna need to get two surgeries. Will be a total of eight screws a plate. Not ideal, he says, extremely painful, most painful injury I've ever had. So keep this in mind. By the way, when they shot that angle yesterday where MGF made a move furniture with a broken foot, I'll bet he loved that.
Speaker 3: Welcome to narth rightist kid freak.
Speaker 1: Type of thing. The doctor said, I'm doing my best to stay as positive as possible at soul crushing a bummer. I mean, the most shocking thing to me was he hadn't had the surgery yet, so I don't know if they have to wait for like it's possible there's an extremely like a lot of swelling and they gotta wait for that to go down or I don't know what's going on. But as of yesterday on the show was like they said, he hadn't had surgery yet, so I don't know what's going on. But yeah, I mean, you know it a storyline, Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure we'll get a skit about it.
Speaker 1: Actually, of course we will. But the storyline is that MGF is going to try and hold onto those ring of honor take team titles until he gets back. I don't think that's happening. I mean, he may do it a few times, but I mean we're talking about I guess it doesn't matter, but we're talking about icing these belts. I mean, this could be close to a year. I mean, it's a very very serious thing right here.
Speaker 3: So you want to skit for the future, just ignore the belts, make them go away, and then next year, at some point, Tony Kahan in that bar that they were doing all the skits in there for a while, he goes in, somebody opens up the freezer, and there the title is in, you know, in a block of ice. I gotta be honest, hopefully that by that point there are really no more ROH titles except for maybe a world title. But that's me.
Speaker 1: NXT on a Tuesday, eight hundred and fifty seven thousand viewers. The week before, they did six thirty six, best viewership totals since October twenty, twenty eighteen to forty nine. They did a point two too, up from point eighteen. It's down a little bit from the September nineteenth and September twelfth shows, but they went head to head with the MLB wild Card playoff, so big number, and it would be expected that they would win next week. But you know what, no man back in a moment with Renee Puquette Wrestling Observer Live, back in the show, Brian Alberez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike SIMPERBB also have Wrestling Observer dot Com and Yes, believe it or not, we are delighted today to be joined by Renee Puquette here on this program. Hello, how you go. I'm doing I'm doing great. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, fresh off of a red eye flight. I don't know what's going on, but we got lots of wrestling to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. There is a show coming up this weekend that we've been talking about for the last couple of days. The Wrestling Revolver returns at Dayton, Ohio, two shows in one day, live pay per view on Fight TV at three pm Sunday this Sunday. It is the Women's Grand Prix and we had Billy Starks on yesterday talking about that, and then at eight pm there's a Revolver Redemption show with it says here, John Moxley versus Gringo Loco is that correct. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You have to ask him about that. I cannot confirm or deny that.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought that when I was plugging it all day yesterday. I was like, maybe we should confirm that, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure. I wish that I could confirm that, but yeah, I'm not one hundred percent what all is going to happen on that show. I only know about the Grand Prix stuff. You know, whatever happens on the other show, that's their business. I'm working with the ladies.
Speaker 1: Yes you are. You're billed as the special Ambassador. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels sort of reminiscent of when I was like the special contributor on SmackDown. I don't know. I mean I think, you know, it's really cool to be able to go in and represent for the women. We have such a great roster of women participating in this tournament. So for me to be able to kind of like spearhead that in some way, to be able to jump on commentary, contribute in that way, just kind of talk to the girls and be around that like independent wrestling scene for the women, that feels really cool to me. I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 1: You know, before we get more into this, I have to ask you. They call you the remarkable Renee Piquet. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what, It's got a nice ring to it. I feel like ex Caliber really has coined some great ones. That was great. Even last night on the show he got the little reference that I only ketchup chip sorry hook, those plane lays weren't cutting it. I'm a ketchup Chip lady through and through. But you have remarkable Renee. Why have I not been using that the whole time? It's great.
Speaker 3: It's got a great ring to the renaissance woman an a piquette as well too. I mean, you wear probably more hats than anybody else. You have the I just because I forgot about it until today. Being a football fan Renee all day. You got the new one up with Mike Hilton. You have the sessions you have. You love to entertain so much so that you have a cookbook about it, which you now turned into a v log as well too, or whatever you call those things on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Mike is very old, so you let yeah. I mean you know what, I use a lot.
Speaker 2: Of old references too, and sometimes the kids, you know, it's so funny. Like with the aw roster, I feel like they are their young group. I'm like, oh my god, my grandmother around here? What are these words are? What are they? What's the terminology around here? But yes, I do like to stay very busy. Working with the Bengals has been awesome to be able to do RENEE all day. I mean, I wish they were getting a couple more w's on their side lately, but still it's been really great to go down and hang out with those guys and still kind of like do those interviews, kind of keep those chops nice and fresh and and dabbling in the football world instead of just keeping everything straight pro wrestling. But they've been fantastic. I'm doing the cooking stuff. I'm actually about to go make a chicken pop pie once I jump off here with you guys. So there's always good smells happening in this house.
Speaker 1: Now. I got to ask you this question because you are, in fact remarkable. We're not just saying that because you're on the show. We've talked about this many, many times. But I want to mention Dasha because Dasha, she used to work for WWE. Yeah, and you know I had a lot to say about old Dash and WWE, and and then she went to a w and like immediately I went what what she was so great in aw as compared to what they had her do in in WWE and wanted her to do? And it was like it completely blew my mind. Now I bring that up because you somehow were great in WWE, which sometimes seemed like that would be impossible. So I guess my question to you is, like, you know, I don't want to disrespect anybody, but I kind of am, but like you were, you were the best person to ever do that job by miles to the point where like people called you like the new gene Okerland, which is about as high a praise you can give somebody.
Speaker 2: It really is. It really isn't. It goes to my head.
Speaker 1: But well that's fine, that's fine. So but my question is how, because like, nobody else has been able to do this, and there are very talented people like That's why I brought up Dasha because she's incredibly talented, but when she was in ww you would never have known that because of what they wanted. And so my question to you is, how how did you do that?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know. I don't know how it kind of happened, Like I almost want to chalk it up to maybe the art of subtlety that I think I was able to sneak stuff in over the course of my career there that didn't rub Vince the wrong way. So all of a sudden I was allowed to have some reactions. I was allowed to have a little bit more personality. But it did feel like an uphill battle. There was definitely conversations of like, don't outshine the talent, don't do too much, be straight laced, ponytail, blazer, ugly dress, all of these things that were like conversations that I had had during my time there. But the more I had chipped away, the more I had earned the trust of Vince, of Kevin Dunn, of those guys there, Michael Cole once, once they knew that they could trust me, I think that's when it kind of opened up a little bit more because there still really was like the edict to a lot of the on air personalities to like no sell everything, no reactions that like blank stare into the abyss when somebody walks off, Like that's a specific direction that is given to people. It does feel like they get a little bit more leeway with that.
Speaker 1: Now it's a little better now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit better now. But it definitely was like an uphill battle of like can I just get away with a little something? So I would always just try to get away with a little bit more. And it's all just in those like subtlety things. And I always say there's like new people coming in too, Like there really is just such like a little small nuances of like the way that you bring on a heel or a baby face, to how you stand next to them, and it's just like listening to them and reacting to someone like the ridiculous things that they say. And it's it's those reactions that I think help make that moment great or help, you know, give that character something to do. And I always love working with other talent that give me something to do because it's kind of my job to be reactionary to the stuff that they do. So when people use me as that tool, I love that. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the reason I bring it up as well, and you actually explained it exactly how it is, which is they don't want you to outshine the talent they want you to just be And it always amazed me because it is better now. But you know, back several years ago, they.
Speaker 2: Would hire start days for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah they were. They would hire these people with these great resumes and like great people, but then they wanted you to be not great. And I just thought, why do you waste your money just like if you just want so much at that?
Speaker 2: And it's like it's really frustrating and painful because you bring in these people that are like, well, wait, you hired me because I'm good at X, Y and Z, but now you want to like wipe that slate clean. Yes, restart, here's your new name, here's the new deal. We don't reference any of the things that you've done before. And now you become like this glorified mic stand, which is not very fulfilling when you know that you have other things to bring to the table. So yeah, I just I don't know why. I mean, I guess I know why. I'm just yeah, you want the moment to just be about the talent. But when you have the right person in there that can help to make a moment better without making it about themselves, you can have some really great moments of magic. I mean, I think me and Paul Hayman so many times I think about working with him and the moments that we got to have and him getting in my face or like, you know, I've had moments like that with Samoa Joe. I've had them with Eddie Kingston. It's cool to be able to use someone in a different layer like that.
Speaker 3: You obviously had a very notable career before joining WWE, as many people have, Scott Stanford or Michael Cole or a lot of folks who come in from news and from sports especially. What was the most jarring thing that you had to get used to other than Vince directly yelling at you. What was the most jarring thing for you coming from outside of that crazy world and then being dumped right into it.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that threw me for the biggest loop. So when you work in Canadian television, you don't really get the star treatment. You have to do everything you're because sometimes doing your own here in your own makeup, you're putting the segments together, You're like you are your own producer a lot of the time. So I was really used to being so hands on with like, what's a segment. Do I have to write an intro for something? I was like writing a lot of my own content and like really in control of that. So when I started at WWE and they're like, your name's Renee Young and here's your script, I was like, wait, what, I don't have to I just have to memorize this thing and then regurgitate it. And you guys don't need anything else for me other than that. I mean, obviously that's just for the backstage stuff. It's different when you're doing a kickoff show where you're you know, you're doing a panel or a studio show or something like that that requires a different skill set. But yeah, that was the weirdest thing to me to like be handed a script and I was like, oh, okay, well that was easy enough.
Speaker 1: How long before the delight of that being like a really easy job kind of started to be like, well, you know, maybe I could do a little more. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the frustrating thing is I think when a lot of people like I know my value, I know what my skill sets are. I know like my drive and my ambition, But when you have other people like confirm it to you have like shouldn't you be doing like a little more than this, and you start to feel like, man, you're right, I am like spinning my wheels. And you really get sucked into it too, because it's like all of a sudden, you're on the road every week and you've got pay per views, and you've got these big moments or these big interviews that you're doing, and you like get the gratification from doing those things that you sometimes lose track or time passes very quickly where all of a sudden you're like, wait, whoa, I've been doing this for a year or two, and like what else can we do? What other kind of like what other shows can I host? How else can I contribute in other ways? Yeah, it sinks in it pretty quickly. But yeah, I think just kind of like getting that confirmation from other people of like we're not using you to your full your full capacity, and that is like a really heartbreaking feeling of feeling like you're just not living up to your full potential. It's really frustrating.
Speaker 1: All right, stand by back in them with more Observer Live. Hey, we're back here on the show. We've got a lot to talk about. There's a Women's Grand Prix coming up. Pro Wrestling Revolver. It is this Sunday. It is the Calumet Center in Dayton, Ohio, so you can go everybody. There is a meet and greet at one thirty in the afternoon, the doors open at two o'clock and the Women's Grand Prix starts at three. And if you're not in the area, you could of course watch this on Fight dot tv. It is a double header. There's a Revolver show at eight o'clock afterwards and tickets available. It can add to pro Wrestling revolver dot com. All of the information is up there, and the special Ambassador, Renee Paquette, is joining us here today. And how many of these these women have you seen regularly?
Speaker 2: I'm quite a few of them. I mean, you know, from Billy Starks to Marina Shafir, Emmy Sakrara, I mean Vixen. Vixen was just on TV with us. Obviously, I've seen Alison k a ton. So yeah, it really is like a good, strong group. I'm super excited to see what they bring to the table. And you know, having like my experience of participating doing commentary for the May Young Classic several years ago and being a part of a women's tournament like this. There's something really special about really just putting the full focus on the women. I love that it's like a full female commentary team. Yeah. I just think it's a great moment for all of these women to shine, to take that spotlight and like really own it and maybe just show people something that they've not seen from them before.
Speaker 1: So what can you tell us about commentary? Your role? Are you gonna be the meet and greet? What can you tell us?
Speaker 2: I will be doing some commentary, which I'm very excited about. I'm a big fan of Ada Scott, so I'm excited to be able to work with her to get to pick her brain because I feel like she's been really honing in her craft the last couple of years, and I hear her on different calls and stuff like, I just think she's so well versed in that space. I've obviously not done it for a minute, but I've done it in a different capacity. It was funny I was talking to John about this, and like there's just always like sort of a funny feeling that I get when I think about doing commentary that I'm like, oh, do I want to do that? How do I feel about that, But I feel excited thinking about the times of when I was doing NXT commentary and I was with Tom Phillips, I was with William Regal so to be able to jump or you know, even when I did we did Evolution and Beth Phoenix and I got to be on that call together. I think about those shows and how much fun that was. So I'm kind of going into it with that in mind of like, we get to have fun. I get to take some of the like things that I've learned from, you know, my year plus of doing London Ross Commentary, the ups and the downs of that, and then being able to apply that here of just like take the good stuff and then just have fun with the rest of it, like kind of throw back to those old days when there were no rules and regulations, no one yelling at me.
Speaker 1: And you know, we did talk about all that. I don't want to go back to that, but we can talk about that in relation to this show and doing commentary. But you trained an improv for a while. Yeah, yeah, and you mentioned, you know when we were asking you why were you great at this job? You said, well, you know, when people use me to basically react to them that is when you're at your best. And really I'm not an expert in acting or anything like that, but to be a good actor, it's all about reacting. And you see a lot of people reacting. They say, yes, you see a lot of people acting, and when they act, they're horrible. But the best actors are the people who react. And you know, is that the same thing essentially when you do commentary, like you're you're job, I presume, is to react to what you see, react to the other commentators. Is that kind of what you enjoy the improv nature of doing something like.
Speaker 2: That, So I do, I do love that aspect of it. I mean as much as it's like look at the monitor, call what you see. And it is a different skill than like doing like a backstage promo, where that's like pure reaction and that's in the subtleties of like you know, a facial reaction or body language reaction, all of those things. But in commentary, like, I'm a big preparer. So I'll write a bunch of different notes on every girl. I'll pull stuff from their social media, I'll pull stuff from conversations I've had with them and find different ways to like plug that stuff in there. But then it's also taking all that preparation but being okay with completely abandoning it and just going with what you see because things change.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a radio show exactly.
Speaker 2: It is that it's the same thing. It's like you can prepare a ton, but if the converse station goes a different way, or your guest wants to talk about something else, you like, your best bet is to just follow what they want to do because that's going to be your best content. And I feel like it is the same way with commentary. It's like I've never worked with these other girls before, so to kind of like jump in there, and I've also done it for a little while, so just you know, kind of shaking off that commentary rust. Well we call it that. It's not ring rust, but yeah, it is that reactionary side of things. It's that acting, it's that improv it's the listening and yeah, not not having to like shoehorn stuff. And then I'm like, oh, I have this line that I really wanted to get in there. I think when you kind of put that pressure on yourself, you can really you just mess up the flow.
Speaker 1: Did John do that level of preparation for his commentary gig and wrestled Dream this weekend.
Speaker 2: No, John doesn't need to prepare like I need to prepare because it's already all in his head. So I have to do more work where I'm like, well, I've not rest all, so I have to bring something else to the table that I can't rely on my own experience to Now, Oh this hole does whatever, This is gonna affect this part of the body or whatever. He knows that stuff already so he can lean on that. But it's so funny how many people are like, wow, John was great on commentary. I'm like, yeah, what did you think was gonna happen? Of course he is, like he knows pro wrestling through and through, but he's also just like so entertaining and like sneaky funny, like the stuff in I mean, covering his mic and some of the stuff saying.
Speaker 1: I went to Wrestle Dream Live so I couldn't hear his commentary, but I had people, I mean they immediately I started getting these text missus like can this guy retire and just do commentary? And then last night I'm on t last.
Speaker 2: Night were watching me and Claudio, we were we were watching from one of the locker rooms, and we were just like dying laughing at some of the stuff that he was saying. Time about Brian, like his tantric sex and walking around on all fours like so so funny. John's not worried about throwing anyone under the bus in their private lives.
Speaker 1: I believe that uh bacha mania put up like a I thought that the John Moseley swear jar. I was almost crying. I was laughing so hard. I was like, oh my god, I mean, I don't know pres actually got fine, but I'm sure he's all right with it.
Speaker 2: But hey, yeah, I'm worth it. It was well worth the moment. It was. That's like my secret back back pocket weapon that like it all goes to Hell's but can we get John out here? Like I know he'll always be able to save the day on those moments. He's he's so good at it.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of laughing, I mean, does anyone It seems to be more more and more now that people are trying to really take your professionalism and really test the bounds of it, because it seems like everybody is making you, trying to make you crack, whether it be Tony Storm or RJ City or whoever. Zach Saber Junior. It seems like everybody is going to try to make you pop out there at some point. What is it like to try to hold off on that? And have you ever had to do multiple takes? Have we ever seen something we thought was live but it was the thirty seventh time because you couldn't stop laughing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't laugh at anyone. None of them are funny, not one of them. I'm just stuck with these bad jokes. Now. You know who actually gets me more than anybody is Daddy Magic. He when him and I will just do like the quick little like rundowns for rampage and stuff, and that's one I've had to have. Like my nostrils are flaring, my face is contorting, like I don't know what has happened. I don't know if it's because we shoot those so late in the day that I'm like also delirious, But there's always this window when I'm shooting with Daddy Magic that I'm like, this is going to go off the rails, which also is my favorite time to work. I like when things like they're about to go off the rails. He always gets me. Also, Daniel Garcia with that dance. It makes me laugh when I watch him do it in the ring. When it's up close and personal, it is like a different experience. So that also pushes me to my limit. You know.
Speaker 3: Get the dead stare on his face too. He's doing.
Speaker 2: Kills me like it kills me. I don't even know where to look. I don't know what this energy is. It's it always like it kills me.
Speaker 1: As far as Daddy Magic, Jericho didn't interview once about the Jericho Appreciation Society was talking about all the guys and uh, you know, if you if someone said to you, explain Daddy Magic. We don't know who this guy is. Can he explain it? You know, you go on and on for a while, but Jericho is just basically he just goes He's a gimmick. That's it. That's all you have to say. That's like that completely explains everything about him, and he is amazing. I know this is unprofessional, by the way, but how much money would I have to pay you to crack that creep Christian on air?
Speaker 2: Like? Oh not much, like like some Timbits or something. It wouldn't take much because yeah, he he is a creepy guy. That's that's what he does. That's when that's when Christians in this eat spot and he is like, wow, is he ever in the moment right now of just leaning into the cree the moment of like the turtleneck over his head for that first fall of that match was so great. But yeah, he's a real pos Now.
Speaker 1: We got a bunch of other non tournament matches here on this show, and Jordan Grace is there killer Kelly Jessica. We've also got all of the tournament entrance Billy Stark's Marina Shaffir Vert vix Have you seen a lot of Vert Vixen?
Speaker 2: No, you know what, I actually haven't. But she she had a match just this past week with Julia Hart Yea, and yeah, I got to like get eyes on her see what she was bringing to the table. But yeah, I mean I'm seeing that crowd in Seattle too, like super behind her. So I'm really excited to call some of her matches. Yeah, she'd be really cool. Same with Emmy Sakara, like to see her out there and like she's just such a legend. So I'm really pumped to get out there and just like just to spend time with some of these girls and see the stuff that makes them tick. I think Marina is another really cool one to keep an eye on. I know, just what she's been doing with Revolver has been a little bit different from what we normally see from her in AW, and I think that she could be one to keep an eye on for the tournament. For sure.
Speaker 3: They have the right matchup for in the first round against Jani Kai, who's been on H and been on AW a couple of times. Great, you know, a striker, truly a striker, so that ought to be actually a really fun matchup.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of these ladies are gonna beat the everliving hell out of each other, and that's the way it should be. A you know, I was talking to Sammy Callahan about this too, and talking to John. It's like we've seen such an incredible evolution in this sport for women, And when I think of like the time that I started in the pro wrestling world to the stuff that we see now in the variety and the types of matches, the variety in women that we're seeing, the diversity in there, to the length of matches, the styles of matches to really kind of take off that like this is women's wrestling, Like no, this is pro wrestling, and these are women that have been like honing their craft. They want to get out there and they want to do the same stuff the men are doing. They want those same opportunities that the men are given. I feel like that's something that we're looking to just move things forward that much more with this tournament for these women.
Speaker 1: It does feel, you know, even with AW that there is a lot more that could be done with the women because you can look at the quarter hours and there's just a couple of weeks ago, there was like three shows in a two week period where the most watched segment involved the women. Yeah, and there's a lot of clamor from fans for more, and yeah, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean that's the way that it goes. You know, we've seen this before, We saw the you know, give divas a chance, give women that opportunity, because you see so many of these women that not only can they go in the ring and have these incredible matches, but they're these really great storytellers. They are these like complex layered characters, and the more that we can have those storylines and not just have them fighting for like time on TV. It's like fighting for that thread of like a real good storyline. We've seen it succeed, we've seen it. We know that there's a want and a desire for it. We just you build it and they will come and we I feel like, you know, especially in aw it's like we have such a great roster of womens and they all want to work. I feel like every women's roster of any time, they've all wanted to work. Nobody wants to just like nail it in and have a quick match, like you know, you make the most of what you're given, of course, but I think the more we give women that spotlight and let them cook, let them do their thing, like we're always really pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 1: All right, hold that thought back. In just a moment, Observer Live are gonna show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simberbebe, also of Wrestling Observe dot Com. A little one may do a run at any time, So we're gonna wrap this up. Pro Wrestling Revolver it is coming up this Sunday the Calumet Center in Dayton, Ohio, Meet and greet at one thirty the doors open it to the women's show. The Revolver Women's Grand Prix starts at three o'clock and at eight o'clock there is a Revolver Redemption show as well. If it can be there live, there are options to watch on pay perviewfight dot TV. It's a live pay per view, two shows in one day. And uh renee, let's get some final plugs in here for that and anything else you got, You got a lot, were.
Speaker 2: All sorts of plugs. Yes, do not miss the Women's Grand Prix. These ladies are going to absolutely crush it. We've got eight really strong competitors taking on this tournament. I'm really excited to be on the call, to be jumping back on commentary again and just getting to like participate in women's wrestling. And again, I think the big takeaway is not that this is just women's wrestling, but this is professional wrestling and these women are going to absolutely crush it. Of course, you guys can catch me on Dynamite on Rampage All Things a ew and check out my Bangles podcast if you care about football, which hopefully you do very much.
Speaker 1: Yes, my favorites getting ready for hockey.
Speaker 2: Ready for that true true, Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, thanks so much for doing the show today. We really appreciate it. Best of luck with your brand new teeth. Huh ah, yes much, get in there.
Speaker 2: Two more trays you got that, That's.
Speaker 1: Right, I got two more here. So thank you very much for doing the show here this week, and check out the show this coming Sunday, everybody, and we're gonna wrap it up for today. So thank you, Renee, thank you, Mike, callers and listeners, Verer the studio. We'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network