Speaker 1: Does it ever feel like you're a marketing professional.
Speaker 2: Just speaking into the boyd boy Well.
Speaker 1: With LinkedIn ads, if you can know you're reaching the right decision makers. You can even target buyers by job titled industry company seniority skills. Wait, did I say job title yet? Get started today and see how you can avoid the void and reach the right buyers with LinkedIn ads. We'll even give you a one hundred dollars credit on your next campaign. Get started at LinkedIn dot com Slash results. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live and is me Joey pe Jo Pi's appeal with me, of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks live here on twitch, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. I see you all filing in. Welcome to the show, everybody, and of course, if you're watching us on demand on YouTube, subscribe to the YouTube channel. Trying to get to thirty k Welsh. It was a fun day of baseball. Some more injury setbacks for we got to talk about. But your boy Corbyn Carroll is tearing up the league right now quite good.
Speaker 3: Quite good would be a good way to put it. Two home runs MVP candidate right now. Don't know if that can hold with guys like Shohyo Tani. Pretty tough space to be in over in the NL. But Corbin Carroll looks like one of the best players in baseball. He reworked his swing a bit that up inside zone where whatever it was shoulder that everybody kept picking on. You're not seeing hitters be able to attack that much anymore. He's not stealing as many bases, but I believe he's tied or near the league lead of homers, or at least in the n L. He is phenomenal, Joey, and you love to see it, and it makes you want to think to go back to where in the world, or well should Corbyn Carroll? But Corbin's gone and he's left me behind, and rightfully so at this point.
Speaker 2: He's way more famous than you, at least for now. Yeah, Joey Otani still top of the board or NLMVP plus three twenty, Corbyn Carrol plus four hundred, Tatas plus four hundred, Kyle Tucker plus four hundred and then two Metsis alonzo A plus seven and Lindor at twenty to one. Why Lindor is at twenty I don't know, but he's been on a hot streak too all of a sudden. The Nationalink MVP race kind of interesting, at least in a month of April. We'll see how it drags.
Speaker 3: Off off though, I mean, Talker's the fourth on that list. Like, I don't know, there's no early favorite. Nothing I would know about that at all, but it looks fun.
Speaker 2: It does also fun. Signs of life from the guys we thought you should be trading for Christian Walker two four solo Homer Wednesday to Ching's hopefully you watch the video on YouTube. We talked about Christian Walker turning things around, being an asset to buy Tristan Cassis another Homer three run dinger, so things are going better for him and Michael Harris three hits all singles, but we'll take it Welsh. That's signs of life from three guys we were talking about acquiring in the trade video. It's almost as if we give the illusion that we know what we're doing here.
Speaker 3: Almost don't don't get you know, don't let the YouTube commenters think that we might know what we're doing because of course we do not, but yeah, these have been guys. More than anything, it's just been like try to stay the course and stay patient, especially you know the Christian Walker want interest to constants actually have both been really tough for people. Michael Harris has just been a little like up and down, but things are bouncing back. We did talk about him, but Christian Walker profile was there, seems to be turning back around. This is why, like you had the ability you just hold on for a little bit. You ten teamers are a little bit different. You guys are like over here kind of the wild West of fantasy sometimes because you know, why would you sit on Christian Walker when Tyler Soderstrom's out there, But you know, an twelve team above trying to hold out when you have high investment on players, there's a reason for the payoff, and it is if they can bounce back. And this is a situation where we've kind of been pounding the table at all of these guys bouncing back, not not just in the trade video but multiple weeks. So I'm very encouraged about the Christian Walker one. That one's kind of got my cockles in a furl here because that's the one. I've been wanting two multi hit games, five hits in the last two Christian Walker, I want big time to bounce back and looks like you still.
Speaker 2: Today is a draft day in the NFL, SO fantasy pros tonight on the main channel will be there seven thirty Eastern. And it's funny. Look at this, Look at this guy. Can Welsh name five players in the forty nine ers like that's his forever?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, it's not that I'm not on a football, a football fantasy football show for.
Speaker 2: The last betting shows with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or love the forty nine ers more than anybody.
Speaker 2: But okay, Bud, all right, yeah, okay, okay, Bud, Why don't you just name five just for him?
Speaker 3: Just Brockberdy, Christian McCaffrey, Isaac Grando, George Kittle, Ricky Pires, Saw, Brandon Ayuk. All right, we can go to the defense if you want, you go, all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to, I know, I just want offense. Also in the save category, news Peter porter Hodge excuse me, worked a clean inning. So porter Hodge with the save yesterday against the Dodgers. With the way that Presley has struggled. Is Hodge a guy now that we should start speculating on a little bit or you think it's still Presley's to you know, he's done a long way to go to lose that job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, they had said, like in the preseason or in the spring training that Porter Hodge was going to get some looks like that Ryan Presley wasn't like anointed into being the only closer that you would see some opportunities for Porter Hodge. So I think that that's a little bit of a plus. Presley hadn't I think pitched in Sunday. I think it was, and Porter had should get this situation I think definitely tells us a little bit of that story that maybe they're going to bounce back here and there. But I mean, he did have a five VRA expected ras around two and a half. Strikeouts are nice, He's walking a little bit less. I think Porter Hodge is gonna get a few looks. And what I would say, I think I said a couple days ago, any guy right now, because I don't think the market is really robust with save opportunities like it was like two weeks ago, where it was like, oh, you're just nearly up but going and Luke Jackson, all these guys are available, Like it's just very little at this point. So Porter Hodge is out there. I mean last night Justin Martinez came in that kind of nix and Shelby Miller kind of stunk again. So like that's answering some of those questions. I think Porter Hodge would have to move near the top of the list of because he might even have that gig. You should buy those speculative ones. Let me ask you Porter Hodge or cade Smith.
Speaker 2: Hodge, because I think the Presley path is easier than unseating Class A unless class is hurt. You know, Class A was so good last year and it would take an injury. But then again, that might be what we're looking at there. Sandio contra better, I wouldn't say grape of better three run six innings took the loss there to the Reds, but an improvement. The era is still above six. I'm still buying. Welsh's still buying. I think this is kind of still shaking the dust off of Tommy John not pitching for a year. I don't know there's much more to that, just getting the feelback for all of that and I think eventually that continues to come back. So you have to be patient with these guys. Welsh, what did last night's performance for all Contra do for you for a patient standpoint?
Speaker 3: I mean, like I'm I'm relatively patient with guys like him. Anyways, right now, I think the positives that you're gonna take away as Villo was up kind of like across the board, so that looked pretty good. Really heavy change up was really good. It was almost a fifty percent with pitch, so that's his money maker. And I think that sweet spot of like forty percent zone percentage was great. And then he was just like heavy bearying sinkers. And then the forcing fastball did a little bit of work and he was throwing it for strike. So I think we're setting up to be like they actually might be lulling you down a little bit in fantasy, like you might be able to buy on a Sandio Contra. Right now, we know he's gonna get traded, like they're gonna move off. Also, the Marlins right now, they're kind of living this like little high life of like, man, we're so smart, we make all these great move We've got the Connor Norby's of the World. And you know, look at how Kyle Stowers at ConA like they they love it, and I Gustaid Ramirez, we traded jazz like they're loving how their developmental system is buying and what they're doing in trades. They're gonna trade off Sandy. You think they're the smartest guys in the room, and they're gonna trade him sooner rather than later. I'm very much into Sandy getting moved at some point, and I think what we're seeing on the table is like still a very good version of Sandy al Contra, and I think this one showed some of the like better stuff we've seen in the pastes. The results weren't quite there.
Speaker 2: We were very close yesterday, not one, but to two Sinko stinkos. We just felt short, very upsetting Anthony Volpe over five four strikeouts. Come on, Volpe, if you're gonna do it, do it all the way.
Speaker 3: Why v sucks so much?
Speaker 2: You know what, Let's talk about that because that is the hot topic right now around the New York area. Twenty four years old, he's been in the majors now a couple of years. This happened sometimes to these quote unquote can't miss guys. And I watched Volpe play live a bunch before he got called up, and I thought Volpi was a nice player. I did not get the vibe of Volpi that I get when I watch a guy like Nick Kurtz or you know, even a Bazana or somebody like that. I just didn't get that vibe off him. I think Volpi was a nice player. The question is what has happened from the minor league ranks to the major leagues, because obviously there's a disconnect here. You know, continuously hitting around two hundred is not going to get it done. So at what point do the Yankees start questioning him as an everyday player? Because I feel like that becomes the next bit of business, which is you look at Volpi and you go, maybe Volpi is the Plume guy. Maybe you know, maybe he's just sharing time altogether. But the investment they've made in Volpi, they've they've given him time, they've given him support, they haven't gotten the productivity. When does patients run out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna that's a great question of like when will patients run out for a team like this, Like they've got viable minor leaguers. But do they have like a future set shortstop? I don't think right now, No, and nowhere in their future. Also, this kind of took my This is why I stuttered on it. Here are the pitches currently that Anthony Volpi does not have a registered batting average against, so he does not have a hit. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: These are the.
Speaker 3: Pitch pitch types. There's usually like players face around like ten different pitch types. Here they are change up, sweeper, curveball, slurve, and split finger. He has not had a singular hit. Yes, you got to it. He's hitting two thirty one against sliders, but guess what, Three variant y fastballs are the only things he's got hit against. Four seams, sinkers and cutters, cutters, fastball, slider, whatever you want to call it, but that's it. And he's underperforming against fastballs. He can't hit off secondary stuff, and weirdly enough, in his entire career he just doesn't hit righties at all. He is in his two of three years now where he's hit under two hundred against right handed hitters. What are we talking our pitchers? What are we talking about? He can't he hit two forty I think last year and then two of these three years he's hitting under two hundred against writings, and that is a guys are killing him with secondary stuff. So can he be fixed. There's lots of talent. He could run, and we've seen him hit homers and now he got torpedo bats. But a torpedo bat isn't going to help you hit a slider, and that is clearly what he needs to do with breaking pitches. So I don't know, technical term, why do you suck so much? I don't know what's going on with it, why they can't redevelop it.
Speaker 2: Though it's very telling what you said, which is that he's only hitting fastballs, and once the league figures it out there, that's it, you know, and you don't adjust back. So you have to take better at bats to get yourself into situations where you're getting fastballs. But from a fantasy perspective right now, I mean you absolutely cut eight with Anthony Volpe. I'm not in dynasty leagues. I'm not holding my breath with this kid at this stage. You've waited. I know you might be a little more patient than I am, but this is the long look now, and sometimes these guys just fall short. It happens sometimes. Also, another guy just missed the Sinko stinko, Tyrone Taylor of the Mets. And I'm bringing this up because I mentioned it the other day and we got into a discussion about it. Jeff mcgehem, I think it's late to come back Friday tomorrow. I want to say and Ronalcunya, ronal Cooney, I got Louis Angele. Acunya has played thirty plus games, I know, at center field and triple A last year. It feels like that might be the route to go, and that's how you keep Acunya in the line up. And I would not be shocked if you saw Akunya take over that center field role sooner than later, because hitting the buck eighty eight is not gonna get it done for Tyrone Taylor and series not gonna be back for ten weeks. So what do you think about Acunia potentially getting that eligibility. I think that makes them pretty valuable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when we had this conversation. That was the first thing I went to was like, I think Luis and Helacunya could go into the outfield that opens up, you know, like Brett Batty is depending like where you're trying to get Brey Betty Brett Batty in the lineup every single day if they wanted to do that, so that would be that would end up being my play if I'm this team. I don't think there's anybody out on the market right now. There's plenty of players. The team seem to be kind of just you know, letting go of you know, who knows. Maybe they call the Diamondbacks for like a Jake McCarthy, but I'm not sure they go in the trade route, especially when you have a Kunya. I would just love to see Akunya do that and get that eligibility.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue on here with a new low for the Orioles. They have the worst team the ram Baseball. Congratulations five point four to five. Way to go, Orioles. I'm gonna get better anytime soon. That's half a run, by the way than Colorado and Miami. So Orioles all time low.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: You got his brutal Maybe not that Corbyn burns right now, it's any like you know, he can be like I told you so, he's got like a five vrra, but still like maybe it would have helped if they were a bit more aggressive. It also stings a tiny bit from a real baseball oriole standpoint that they've got like Kobe Mayo, and they've got a litany of like double A and high A prospects and they're not doing any they're not playing them, they're not doing anything with them. And then they also just have like the worst pitching of all time. You unfortunately need to take Kobe Mayo, and you need to go make a move probably the Sandialco.
Speaker 2: Or somebody or Westberg or somebody like you don't it doesn't have to be Mayo, give me somebody else. I'd rather keep Mayo and deal with these other guys. Who knows. Maybe it's Jackson Holliday at the end of the day. Shane McClanahan, good news. We think he's expected to resume throwing this week, so we'll keep an eye on that. There's no structural damage. This is that tricep injury, that inflammation that he had. So again you're holding your breath and it doesn't have some relapse. We'll see what happened. It was a scary moment. If he comes back and he pitches, my goodness, that'll be a hell of a story. So we're rooting for Sha McClanahan, but Blake Snell we might have to root a little harder. He was shut down from throwing. He had a new left shoulder soreness. Saw man, my shoulder hurts again.
Speaker 3: Man, I need to be this is bad. This is yeah. I'm water man, I'm very I'm very worried about Blake Snell. He's gonna have to be He's gonna be relegated back to streaming because I don't know if he's going to be pitching a lot this year. He had a throwing session, he felt discomfort. It's not the end of the world right now. But if you're a Blake Snell owner, this might be like last year where it's just like, well, the first half is just completely written off. This could be something that's like a month or two. And by the way, what is the deal with the Dodgers and the pitching injuries? Do they have the worst medical stuff of all time to take care of? I mean it is It's almost legendary how these pitchers get hurt. Who's a picture that hasn't gotten hurt that is currently on that staff or even in Triple A no.
Speaker 2: I mean even last year, Yamamoto got hurt.
Speaker 3: Yamamoto got hurt.
Speaker 2: Glass experiment has been tricky. You know, everybody just giving up and throwing their hands up that the Dodgers, you know, are going to just roll over. Buddy, I keep saying the same thing. Injuries, injuries, injuries. If that, I don't care how good the bullpen is. If the starting pitchers can't get you through five, it's gonna be a problem. Yamamoto has been great. Glass. Now Kershaw's working his way back. We'll see what he's got left in the tang. Jerry makes an interesting observation here in the chat. Have you seen so many people batting under two hundred for a month? First month into the season. There are a lot of guys under two hundred. Contact is just not what he used to be in this league, and that's why I think you got to value the guys who make consistent contact. Welsh, But it is kind of funny there there's a lot of guys just getting crushed right now in batting average.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think we also saw some like increases in fly balls, Like flyball overall, like year over years was at a high, at least in the first couple of weeks of the season, which you know, that could be part of it. It's just not a lot of great quality of contact. Maybe guys leaning back on you know, hey, torpedo bat, Like, where can I get the barrel? I don't know, is it strikeouts? Is it velocity? Is there a correlation to velocity? Early on in the season, we're seeing guys throw so hard, and you know, there's always this bounce back between big v Loo helping era and then hitter sacrificing contact for power and money. You know, it's it is a really weird thing. I don't know if baseball can do anything about it. And then on top of all of that, you've also got the continuous not just torpedo bat stuff. You got the baseballs different. You know, every player of the baseball's switched out here and there. And Lance Barstowski actually did a really interesting breakdown you should go check it out on his YouTube about the minor league baseballs versus the major league baseballs and literally it built down to like where they're manufactured. I think the major league ones are built in China, are built, you know, constructed, and the minor league ones are in like Puerto Rico, and it's like there's like literally different like temperature gauges on and you get like high percentages of stuff being cut down from pitches, somewhere between like eight and fifteen percent of like spin movement and vertical up and down can change on pitches from the minor league to the major league. It's such a baseball thing. I know, it's boring by the way, it's the most baseball thing of all time that we're sitting here talking about baseballs and bats and this and that just not something you see in football or basketball. We have to deal with. But it's also why it's like it'd be cool if we could figure these things out. It's not great when four hundred players are batting under two hundred for anybody.
Speaker 2: All Right, Huk wants to get back in your good graces. He apologized earlier for the forty nine or comment. Been feeling low on you, Anosuarrez, so I dropped him and claimed Luke Keyshaw feeling good about it, thoughts Welsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I ironically, it's always happens like this. I'm like, I have lukeyshel really high in my prospect ranks, but I was sitting here being like, you know, guys, I just don't know what the path is. I got so many players like I just don't know if he's up for long. Right now, he's just a freaking monster. He's not striking out, he's walking, he's hitting the ball hard, he's stealing bases. He had five stolen bases in his first five games. This is the type of stuff that keeps you up in the majors. So I think you should feel like good about owning him. Johannio was super streaky. He's going to probably bounce back, but it's just like great that you had five hits that are all homers, but he doesn't do anything else. I think we might be starting to get back to that clock ticking a little bit for someone like Johannio, where you got Lawler in the miners. There's only so long Yo Hanneo can keep. I mean, he's a great defender, but being bad. So all of this to say that if it's a shorter league, like that's great, get the stolen bases. Keisha looks like he actually might stick up in the majors. And five Johanneo's not bouncing back, so.
Speaker 2: Right three to fifty batting average five stone bases is a pretty good start. Speaking of rookies, let's do the rookie look eat Nick Kurtz guys first big league hit. His dad was celebrating. It was a nice moment there.
Speaker 3: He has a fall too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, look, Kurts is fun.
Speaker 3: I felt bad, you know, but he like he ate it. There was a fly ball and it was right at the mound and he just like toppled over and like he's a giant. He's like me, like he's a big imagine me falling over, Like that's it's it's bad.
Speaker 2: I can and it's funnier. It's even funny.
Speaker 3: I almost fell over when we played the football. Remember it was the the.
Speaker 2: Yes you tack overy close the Rockies option Zach Veen to triple A. So that was quick Welsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they have so many options. They never make the right decisions. But it was quick because he had a thirty seven percent strikeout rate and he was he wasn't even hitting his weight and that's pretty tough because it's the skinny guy. So he's got a lot to work on. There's not a lot of power projection, and unfortunately the strikeouts took over everything.
Speaker 2: So our warning, Yeah, that was what we said. Track out rate's huge. He's an explosive player, but he's undisciplined in every single way. Brandon Young is going to make another start tomorrow again the Tigers. My guy, he's like your dude of all dudes. One time I accidentally called him Jacob Young, now calling him Brandon Young. So Young is going to make uh and I said he was going to be back. I said, look, you can't keep doing this VI the Orioles. Any body that's not getting crushed on the mound, you gotta throw him out there. A couple Double A prospects too, just want to talk. Hagan Smith had a night eight strikeouts in four shutout of innings, and Marlin's prospect Robbie Snelling nine strikeouts and six innings. I know they're not close, but just in those dynasty leagues to keep an eye out. And one of our old favorite prospects, who I don't understand why he's not up with the big club yet, Davison Delo Santos four for five with a triple in Triple A Jacksonville yesterday. So what's going on? Come on, Marlins? I thought, you're super smart, bring up all the rest of the kids, right.
Speaker 3: I'm actually a little surprised too. I thought he was gonna break camp with them, big, huge power, still young, he's like twenty one years old. Some of the best power projection in the miners, but he's got some big strikeout issues. Position is kind of a little bit of a problem with him. He's just Sanchez's back and he's kind of in that DH spot. I just don't think they quite have a home for him or what they want right now. But he's going to get there very soon. And by the way, shout out to Robbie Snelling when he was a Padre talked to him a couple of times. He's a big forty nine er fan, so I know he'll be locked in tonight.
Speaker 2: He named five forty nine. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We should probably find out someone call the minor league affiliate, make sure he can ram five if he's going to actually be a nine er fan.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test dr off the All the Electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot com slash EV two see authors.
Speaker 5: Ryan Reynolds here for Mint Mobile. I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can get the same premium wireless for fifteen dollars a month plan that I've been enjoying. It's not just for celebrities. So do like I did and have one of your assistants assistants switch you to Mintmobile today. I'm told it's super easy to do at Midmobile dot com slash.
Speaker 6: Switch up front paymental forty five dollars for three month plan equivalent to fifteen dollars per month required intro rate first three months only, then full price plan options available, Taxes and fees, extra defal terms at Minton.
Speaker 7: Out Here there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with us for a limited time. Signed them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to te times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bank of America dot Com slash golf with us.
Speaker 2: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 7: Bank of America restrictions apply CBA dot com Slash golf with us for complete details Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: Nuckin gives us the perfect transition to fun facts today, which is Kirin Paris one of the most dropped guys, the third most dropped guy on CBS. He dropped in for a kishawl. So interesting, just putting that out there. Also, if you missed it yesterday, I would suggest oh, running to the YouTube channel and watching yesterday's Q and a livestream because we had a lot of fun. Mad Dog Russo came on the program too.
Speaker 3: That was we had Old Man Joe and Old Man Welsh came on though on this show. I did three shows yesterday. Never mind me.
Speaker 2: I think that was on leading off, but we got to a big kerfuffle about Kevin Gossman versus Tommy Edmund in a trade and we were on polar opposites. The pole did not go my way. He's got eight home runs right now in the month of April, he's got thirteen. High as a career in any season. Fun fact, I went and did some homework. So he's been playing the Cubs all week and he crushes the Tommy Edmund crushes the Cubs how much? In his career Tommy Edmond has fifteen home runs against the Cubs. That's three times more than any other team in his career. In his career. Now, I understand he played in Saint Louis and he played the Cubs more, but still three times. So it looks like mister Cubb is really Tommy Edmund. So just put that in your back pocket. Welsh, you know, you know, if you can comment, You're free to comment if you'd like about that stat. Any any feelings about that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm going to be gone tomorrow. I'm not going to be on leading off, so I'll miss you all. Maybe I should take Tommy Edmund tomorrow and perpetuity through the weekend or something like that. If he's a Cub destroyer.
Speaker 2: I think you should. I think you should. That's what you gotta do. Yeah, well, all right, let's to three up and three down. Brady Singer six innings, two run, balls, eight strikeouts against the Marlins. He's been terrific for the Reds. Of Reds, by the way, one of the top Eras we talked about Baltimore being at the bottom, the Reds are up at the top. Abbots pitchwell, Greens pitch well, Lodolo, Reds pitching probably, I'm gonna say it, the deepest in that division, maybe possibly at least right now, see what the Brewers' health gives us in a couple weeks. Zach Wheeler nine strikeouts, two runs over six innings against the Mets. But the Mets get the best of the Phillies again. They swept the Phillies. Oh baby, I love it. It's good. And Andrew Heeney held the Angels to one hit in six innings with nine k's. The downs though, Matthew Boyd ten hits, six runs, not a good day for Matthew Boyd. Auden Francis eight hits, three runs, just two strikeouts of four and two thirds. And Kumar Rocker, we're in that weird spot here where you know, people dropped him, then people picked him up. He had a good start and now five runs in one to two thirds innings. Your thoughts on Kumar Rocker.
Speaker 3: Welsh not great? Yeah, Lawrence Butler took him dead. Red center and when Jack Lder is about to come back, he just said his rehab assignment or rehab start the other day. If I guess they're not quite lined up, but they're not so far off that they can like stretch a start here and they can make that work. I wonder if Kumar is going to be knocked out of this rotation when Lighter comes back, or at worst that rockers on a shorter leash than most of these guys because they're now getting going, the bats are starting to come alive. They can't they unfortunately used up some of their extra lives. If this is a game, like they don't have the ability to afford more. Just like, let's see if things figure out. They're playing catch up right now and they need their pitching to be at the very tippy top. And I think that's going to put Kumar in a short list. So I'm not really holding him right now. He hasn't really looked. Fantastic's had him very very early on as well, and I just I don't think he's even a streamer streamer option as much for me.
Speaker 2: Well, de Gram's not going to where he've allD, He's not going towhere Molly's pitch well, Patrick Corbyn is now invincible and is spider powers, So yeah, no room at the end here for Rocker. I think you're right. I think he is a Triple A bound or maybe just maybe bullpen bound. Keep saying it.
Speaker 3: I think that's a possibley. I that's you know what. I don't know what they would do in that one. That's a good one. I don't know if they would potentially hurt his ability to be stretched out for the season, if they make him a long reliever, or if they'd send him down so you can keep getting those starts. And I feel like because of you could look at like lack of depth. I mean, Tyler Molly and Patrick Corbin in their rotation doesn't like give you a lot of confidence that they may want him in Triple A to keep being stretched out and get their starts. But who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but he's only got so many in's in that tank.
Speaker 3: Not going to be a closer though, if that's what you're trying to build too, He's not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be yet, not yet, someday we shall see you Still.
Speaker 3: Do you still think Jacob Grohm's going to be a closer?
Speaker 2: He's not gonna be a coll out.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: My argument was at this station's career, I just don't think he can. I'm looking at like Smoltz like he can't. He can't go at that level anymore. So why not try to get the most of de Gram you can with the least amount of risk. And I don't think that's a bad thing, especially the way the ninth inning leverage is used the way major League Baseball is where pitchers go five innings nowadays, and the bullpen is so huge when you take the ninth inning out of it with somebody who's dominant and you give them clean innings to work. How great historically is is Jacob de Gram in the first inning? All right? He'll look at some of those those he is untouchable.
Speaker 3: Also, like he would up his stuff like these guys of course, hold it back a tiny bit. So if you and ironically this year like things seem to be just like backtracked a tiny bit for Jacob to Gram, he's like a little bit more change up and the stuff is not quite as strikeouty as before. So sure if he was like in a singular inning, he would just let it loose. But he's just too too good, and the stuff is feel there. The stuff is holding longer for these older guys. It's just maybe it's not as fluid where you know, it's like smolts. When the stuff gets down into like low nineties and stuff, they're just out of there. J Grom's not going anywhere. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, no, And look, maybe your stuff is down, maybe your stuff is fatigued, you know, and maybe it takes a little longer for your performance to get to where it used to be. And these might all be signs of a low testosterone, a condition effecting about thirty percent of adult men in America and Kaisa Trex is an FDA approved testosterone replacement therapy designed for men like you. It's not an injection, it's not a jow. It's a twice daily pill that fits seamlessly into your active lifestyle, helping restore your testosterone to optimal levels. Don't let low t hold you back. Visit kisatrecks dot com to learn more from a ride or near you, and you can help get started today. That's Kaisa tres ky z a t r e x dot com. Are you ready, Walsh, It's five prescriptional Lady Cosa Trecks is control substance and can be a target of abuse. Don't abuse the KAISA tracks. Okay, don't abuse. That's that's bad job. You don't abuse it. Kaisa tres is not for use of pregnant women. The again UH with men to prostate cancer or breast cancer, and safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen is not known. Tell your doctor by any medical conditions and medications you're on. Series side effects could include not going to but could include increased blood pressure, worsening prostate simpsoms, increased prostate cancer risk, blood clots in the legs or lungs, decreased berm count, liver problems in large, painful breast or breathing problems while you sleep could could Common side effects could include swelling of the ankles, feed or body, increase bread blood cell count, and increase in prostate specific antigen or PSA levels. PSA is the test used to detect prostate cancer. Report these symptoms to your doctor. Call your doctor today to learn more about KAISA trecks. Physic questions of excuse. For more information and can get your questions answered, go to www dot kisatrex dot com or call one eight three three nine four nine five zero four zero. There you go.
Speaker 3: I have an idea I want. I gotta be careful about what it would be, but I feel like we need a Kaisa Tricks mascot. And it would be like, let's just for this argument, so we don't get too crass here, Let's say it's a little pill or something. It's a little pill and it's wearing a Fantasy pros hat and the pill has Joey P's face on it, and he goes, why does it have that my face? Well, because you're the spokesman of it. It goes, hey, yo, it's me lo T Joey P.
Speaker 2: And that would be I'm not a spokesman of it. I do the reads of it. I am not getting any money directly from Kaisa tracks. It's me Loa T Joey P. Hey Yo, it's it's there's no direct money going into my pocket for this read.
Speaker 3: Oh the chat loves that idea, by the way, of.
Speaker 2: Course they do. It's funny. I like Lo T, but I'm not doing it because it's you know, look, if you want to sponsor me directly, then we can have that conversation injuries, Corey Singer on the el with the hamsterring string copy paste. The next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, Grayson Rodriguez uh now has a mild lat strain on top of his other injury. He can knot get your break, Welsh, I told you I think it's going to be a dead season for Grayson Rodriguez. Are you buying that? Are you with me? Are you holding hands? I mean, like, what like?
Speaker 3: Am I going to like he is?
Speaker 2: He ain't pitching?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I actually think under that's where I am.
Speaker 3: I think there's a chance, dude of April, if he shut down for a couple of weeks and he's gonna get back out there. I actually do think he could come back in like June or July or something like that. Do I think it's going to be massively effective?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They need If there was any time a team was going to press an injured pitcher to come back, it would be here. If they could just replace Kyle Bradish's arm completely from the Tommy Johnny get him out there. They need to push these guys as hard as possible if they're going to be in any type of contention. So I think we could see Grayson. But to your point, like, do I think it's going to be great, I'm not so sure about that. But if he's sitting on an il and you got the spots open, I actually I feel like better about him right now, I think than I do with Jared Jones, because the hell have we heard about Jared Jones? I don't like I've heard well.
Speaker 2: Jared Jones the scheduled to go get a follow up MRI this week. So get that boom you asked for Jared Jones news.
Speaker 3: I give you Jared Jones names he play Joey p I love it easy, yeah already hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easy this because you're gonna be away tomorrow, all right, Remember you're not here tomorrow to defend yourself. Jake Mangum was removed. Turns out left growing tightness for him, says Azuki. Scratch from the lineup with right wrist soreness. So that's been kind of bothering all year so far. Firsuszuki, any concerns long term about that wrist.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's long term, but yeah, wrist and hitters is never great, especially if it is like a little bit more serious, like you know, power zapping and stuff like that. Something to monitor. I'm not sure there's anything, but I don't know if there's any application. Just watch it, Bud. Yeah, I don't love that.
Speaker 2: Look at this, Jerry. Remember when Paris was the hot waiver wire guy and now people are dropping him? Yeah, I remember, I remember. Just you know, this is the thing. When the player has a history, sometimes they completely It's very rare that they completely change their stripes and become a whole different player. Chiren Paris, I'm sure will bounce back a little bit, but I mean that run was ridiculous and unsustainable. I hope he bounces back. We'll see, we'll see c j. Abram's he's trying to bounce back. You're over three on Wednesday in the minor league rehab assignment on double A. So hopefully if he's doing rehab assignments now, maybe sometime early next week, we'll get an activation from him, which is great, and now it's time for us to activate something which is our best bets of the day.
Speaker 3: Boom right.
Speaker 2: Well, see, hadn't even let you say it. No, it's good.
Speaker 3: I don't deserve to add a horrible day. Yeah I shouldn't, I've kind of I did that with a Rico when you were gone. It was like there was a bad day. We weren't going to even do the jingle, no jingle when it was a bad betting day.
Speaker 2: So I had I'm a massive cold medicine right now because my allergies are killing me today. So I just totally forgot to take you, jes Well, because I take the I take this the cold and sinus. It helps me, but it makes me a little loopy or Julie. But I got five hours of NFL Draft tonight, so I gotta figure that out. So best bets of the day Arizona on the money line minus one thirty. Actually some markets is even better than that. That's the FanDuel price right now. Washington Nationals on the money line minus one twelve. And sticking with the Nats, I'm gonna go Mackenzie Gore over seven and a half strikeouts at plus one oh five, and give me Wyatt Langford, who's been red hot since his return, another game in Sacramento for him to driving a run plus one fifty five. Nice numbers there. Going back to Arizona two you're getting Corbyn Burns on the mound today, so hoping for a little bit of a turnaround from Corbyn Burns. That would be nice to see here, Welsh, Where are you going for your bets for today?
Speaker 3: No, Chandler Simpson today, you're all about Norse.
Speaker 2: Well, yesterday he wasn't in the lineup and I was really upset about that.
Speaker 3: So I think, wasn't he I thought he was. I saw him there.
Speaker 2: I said he was not in the lineup yesterday. I believe I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: I was watching a decent amount of that game, and especially especially when the Diamondbacks blew it. I believe Chandler Simpson was, and I'm looking at the box score he was no.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: He came in a little bit later because Mingham got hurt.
Speaker 2: So he had three at right, he came into the game, but he's game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good call plus one fifteen, So we're both right, yeah, which is nice.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: My bets today. Awful yesterday. But I got to get back on the first five track and we're going Boston Seattle through the first five innings. We're going under four and a half runs. We've got happy Gerrett Crochet day to all that celebrate. We've also got Brian Wu. Boston has been pretty strikeout heavy. Brian Wu's not a big strikeout guy, but he's also gonna, you know, low walk and kind of low yeld into some bad contact. Gerrett Crochet has been incredible looking back like he's that cy young guy. And Seattle, even though Ranny Roseraina kind of has a little bit of Crochet's number, Seattle's offense has been a little bit med. So we're going under four and a half runs through the first five. This is my favorite one of the day. Also a best bet over on betting pros. A little money line, just full game money line. We're going Boston and then we're doing the Kansas City Herman Marquez slash Cole Reagans start because they've got a two for today. I don't want to back the Michael Lorenzen one, so we're taking the Cole Reagan's backed Royals full game money line and pairing it with the Garrett Crochet Boston money line. That one we're getting at plus money. I actually think it's like plus one ten, but you know, markets will change. And then finally, how about Corbyn Carrol Lots of different fun bets to play with Corbyn Carroll. He scored runs in each of his two pass games. He's one of the hottest hitters in all of baseball. He leads off for this team. Drew Rasmusen has been good. Corbyn Carroll better. We're gonna go Corbyn Carroll scores a run. He scored two last night, minus one twenty. You can total bases are interesting. Everything is just up for Corbyn Carroll right now. If you want to do total bases, it's almost even money. But we're gonna just go with a run scored, gets a little walkie walkie Corbyn Carroll minus one twenty and we'll staring at those stolen bases at almost two to one for Carroll. I think we get a stolen base tonight. So those are my best.
Speaker 2: Little walkie walkie. I like that now. Not a sponsor of the show, but recommending the flownaise to me, he says, the only way to go, I do the flow naise. Also, what about that you only take it like once a day. Well, I have the navage, which is the greatest thing ever. It hasn't been that bad yet, but I might have to do the navage. No, it's way more sophisticated. Then. Navage is that system with the water where you put the little salt tab in, you put the water in, you close it, and then it has two things. It goes in your nostrils both at the same time. It goes in and it pulls it right out through the bottom. It is the greatest thing ever. When you have any sort of allergies or cold things, they're expensive. See, you know, navage is the goat right here, Gold knows, Gold knows exactly what I'm talking about. Then navage is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Watch. I might have to do the video for us on We'll do it.
Speaker 2: It is well, it's not the most pleasing thing to watch someone do. It's then you have to flip it around so it goes through the other what's that?
Speaker 3: It wasn't asked what it was, so I hold you okay, yeah, no, no, I mean I'm not like judging. I'm just saying like it sounds. I think you are cumbersome.
Speaker 2: I think you're judging a little bit. But then navage is amazing. Look you see you know knucking no, everybody knows. Then if you've gotten avage, it's amazing and we might be in Navage territory right now.
Speaker 3: Ever heard you know what call Jimmy Rae sponsor. Let's get the sponsorship. Well, well, Joe Claire out his nose once a week on the show. Sponsorship opportunity.
Speaker 2: There you go. Let's take a look at the home run board, see if any changes from last night. Anybody have Courtman Carroll. I don't know, Marty's at fourteen. Maybe maybe Marty made a jump. I believe Razors at thirteen. Far out. It's at thirteen, Welsh hanging on to the top ten spot there with nine, but stone cold for a little while there, Welsh. Remember, if you want to make home run calls, the best way to do it is to use the Betting Pros app and of course, don't forget use that promo code leading off at Fantasy pros dot com slash leading off. New customers can place their first bet five dollars and get two hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you win. And of course, the Sammy's Sosa jersey is up for grabs this season, autographed by Sammy Sosa himself pre or post roids, I don't know, but the it's on there. That's all I know. Wels, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna go with Bobby Witt, but I will say, like I know, it causes a whole kerfuffle for everybody. Oh my god, look at this graphic.
Speaker 2: We have all my whit have hair too, by the way, I have hair and glasses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is a start opening here. This is definitely a start, ay me. It's load t Joey p Joey hates that Joe and I understand.
Speaker 2: But Joe, You're I want more Mike Mayer videos talking about Eric Croschet.
Speaker 3: Come on, everybody's been last year. Everyone's picked on me last two weeks. You get one thing one time, but I think I think.
Speaker 2: Picking on you with the l and then making me into a low te character I think is a little different.
Speaker 3: Is a great actor though. Listen, heels, faces, heels, you accepted all. Joe, You're a professional. I've had them get any homers. I was gonna go with Bobby Wait Junior, but the whole double header thing causes a a whole freak out for everybody. So I'm gonna just move off of it. I'm gonna go with Mike Trout up against the Pirates seven e ras starting pitcher Mike Trout. He needs to keep hitting under two hundred with all the homers so we can keep freaking out about him. So let's get a good old Mike Trout bomb today.
Speaker 2: I took the Kaisa tracks and now my hair grew back. That's what it is. And you had the glasses.
Speaker 3: It didn't look like you was all at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's never see that. That's a horrible character. Why Langford plus four twenty today, Let's go Langford's red hot. Let's stick with him. He looks good. It looks like we're finally getting the white Langford we were promised, which is very very nice to see. It's nice to see all the penis and cracker. Jackson Welsh has a competitive dance competition this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'll be competing.
Speaker 2: He will be competing in perhaps his children as well, but at least well shill be. What's it like when you compete against your own children in a dance competition.
Speaker 3: It's actually really great to shove them aside. He had to shrink them and stuff like that. Listen, I'm gonna win the hip hop competition like that's the plan, so step by. But yes, I will all weekend, all dance. I will have no life. But you know, in between I'll be watching everything on my phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, she'll be watching the NFL Draft live from the the event. I'm sure at all times, so not all of his. That's right. Go Niners for you, go Patriots for me. Join us tonight, by the way, on a regular Fantasy Bros. Channel four. The NFL Draft starting tonight, seven thirty b there B Square is gonna be a good time. It'll be myself, Debro, Pat Fitz Morris, Andrew Eerricks and Scott Bogman, all your best friends talk in football. It's gonna be a really good time. Though. That's that you want to hang out with us and watch the draft. You're watching the draft by yourself or nobody else in your house is interested. Hang out with us, watch the draft tonight and tomorrow too.
Speaker 3: And the fantasy breakdown. That's the big thing. It's like, if you guys are playing football or whatever, if it's Dynasty or Redraft, you're gonna get Fantasy breakdown. So go support the channel, top notch production. You're also supporting our producers.
Speaker 2: Go and do it.
Speaker 3: I will not be a part of it because I will be the Lord of Dance for the next three days.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll do it for us, But the store where of the game goes on for the Lord of the Dance and me Lo t Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, he did it. You're the worst.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 5: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB