Speaker 1: All right, we hope we're kicking off your weekend with a little laugh this morning. Thanks for finding the Second Date Update podcast with Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the Morning.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people stealing our stuff lately and reposting it, so I truly appreciate you coming to the original.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that you found like us US Yes not yeah, not the off brand US with photo That's what I was about to say, the photos that made Brook like eighty years.
Speaker 2: Along, so dirty and so late.
Speaker 1: God, all right, so you're here. Yeah, we love that and we love to highlight your comments as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, Julie said laughter might cause injury. Is true? My mom almost crashed her car listening to a Second Date update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Alexis almost crashed your car on the way to making a Second Date update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's true.
Speaker 3: Everybody out there crashing car you know you're listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be careful, be careful, just pull over or just keep your hands on ten and three to night and two.
Speaker 3: Like updated sixson, don't ask guys stop.
Speaker 2: That's what they are right. Here's your Second Date Update. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date updates you guys. Ever heard of the Rocky dating act hack? Yeah, dating hack. A lot of guys use it when they're about to meet up with someone. You show up to the restaurant ten minutes early, slide into the bathroom. You get down on the floor and bust out of tight fifty push ups, so your chest gets nice and swollen.
Speaker 2: You're on the floor of the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rocky does it in like a meat cloth. Yeah, you're with a bunch of meat close like a group workout in there, and then your tape shows up. They see you all puffed out in masculine and suddenly they're thinking, Wow, I didn't know I was on a date with secret hercules.
Speaker 1: All right, don't shake his hands, popping girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the urinals, that's for you.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners emailed us saying he didn't just do push ups, he squeezed in an entire workout before his date and he's worried maybe he may have overdone it. So Jack is his name? Jack? Do you think you were too yoked for your date?
Speaker 3: He jacked up? Jeffery, is it.
Speaker 2: Jacked up like that?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do that Rocky trick from that lawn. I think that's the way I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to do it.
Speaker 3: Can't you guys run some stairs or do something outside instead?
Speaker 4: Not if you really care about this person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't work out in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Oh that's mistake number one. We're going to call that all right.
Speaker 2: What'd you do, Jim?
Speaker 1: Gross?
Speaker 6: Yes, I worked out it a Jim.
Speaker 5: It was a pretty intense workout, and uh, I showered. I rushed straight over to the restaurant.
Speaker 6: To meet her.
Speaker 1: I know, after a big workout, like I will shower and then I'll still be sweating for the next half hour.
Speaker 2: Is that your issue?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I sweat, definitely.
Speaker 5: I blasted Dac in my car, but once I arrived, I could tell that I would totally drained.
Speaker 4: It's just got a little tired for the day. We haven't gotten the girls name that you met up with yet. What's her name?
Speaker 6: Courtney?
Speaker 4: Courtney? Okay, So what.
Speaker 3: Was that first interaction like then with her?
Speaker 2: If you were exhausted?
Speaker 5: Well, it was great. I mean she was great. She was really nice. She got into our conversation, she was asking me a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: And its good.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was good, But I felt bad because I couldn't keep up my other side because again, I was just I was like a wilted piece of lettuce sitting on an old, musty burger.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that is quite the analogy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you get food?
Speaker 6: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 5: We ended up going to this restaurant that is a great restaurant, but it's a little slow.
Speaker 6: But the good thing was.
Speaker 5: Is that I can always dip into my energy emergency reserves.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: So I always carry this thing around just in case I ever need it, and I definitely needed it. But I have a can of pre cooked shrimp.
Speaker 1: You're going to say, caffeine pills.
Speaker 2: Why you like coffee?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it does nothing for me. I needed the protein.
Speaker 4: After you work out, you need nutrients, not just caffeine.
Speaker 3: Did you pop a tin of shrimp at the tables?
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of, not exactly.
Speaker 5: I first asked our waiter if the kitchen could open the can of shrimp and.
Speaker 2: Keep it classy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and the waiter kindly said, no, they can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't bring your own food into the restaurant and have them cook it for you.
Speaker 2: A cortgage feefine.
Speaker 5: Well, eventually I convinced them to bring it to me, the can opener, that is, And I said, it's kind of urgent. It's an emergency, you know, really shrimp emergency.
Speaker 2: What is your face?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Where is she at?
Speaker 3: What's her vibe when you're doing all this?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, maybe that's why she's not called me back.
Speaker 5: But you know, the rest of the date was really awesome, and I think she was pretty cool about it, like she understood.
Speaker 2: And I just can't imagine how stinky that is.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine how turned on she must have done down that shrimp right at the table.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe she wanted you to offer her some. Maybe that's what she's calling you back.
Speaker 2: Did you offer her an?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: I did offer some, She politely declined, Yeah, sure, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Her cocktail sauce at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know it sounds bad, but I was depleted of protein.
Speaker 6: I needed it.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those things like why didn't you got your car or just any other protein, eat your any other I guarantee.
Speaker 1: She's not thinking, oh, I can't wait to kiss this guy later after his canned shrimp.
Speaker 4: You were saying that after the shrimp, after you downed it, you felt better and things got back on track.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything was great.
Speaker 5: You know, we were ritting about our favorite movies and shows and we were making each other laugh. So I really believe that the shrimp saved the date.
Speaker 2: Oh the shrimp. Well, okay, so that's not what was wrong. That was what was right.
Speaker 4: Thank god for your emergency shrimp. How did the night end.
Speaker 5: With a hug and talk about another gate and sign? I think so too, And I'm a little shocked, like she's not getting back to me, really weird.
Speaker 3: Well, are you going to need to down some shrimp before we make the phone call?
Speaker 2: Are you feeling okay?
Speaker 6: Jeez, I'm proteined up, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate the snarky attitude coming from my co host and the skepticism over there.
Speaker 1: Timing man, like you had time between the gym and the showering and the driving to have done the shrimp without it being said.
Speaker 4: He's proteined up now he's probably four eggs and seven clams.
Speaker 5: I recognize that it wasn't the ideal time, but I explained everything to her and why it works for me, and she understood, Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: After that, well, I don't know how you're feeling right now, but if you have to blend up a little seafood smoothie for yourself, well come back. We're gonna call Courtney and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just took out an oyster thing.
Speaker 4: Oh it's gonna get romantic too. All right, we're gonna do it next.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date update.
Speaker 4: I know whenever I need a quick protein verse stop. I turned to the sea and all of her bounty. Come on, I.
Speaker 2: Think the song is right for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's say to say. Oh listener, Jack is a seafood lover because he busted out a can of pre cooked shrimp in the middle of his first date because he was feeling depleted after an intense workout right before, and shrimp apparently is a great source of protein if you're in a pinch Yep, did I not say shrimp?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't hear you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brooke is trying to forget this entire thing.
Speaker 2: It's like you're at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: You couldn't have waited the ten minutes more to get the appetizer.
Speaker 4: Apparently the service is too slow at the restaurant where they were at. Jack even himself admits it might have seemed a little bit odd, but the shrimp ended up saving the day for him because those little prawns got everything back on track. Yeah, they did. Afterwards, him and Courtney had a great time together at the restaurant. Jack, I appreciate the tip. And how would you feel if I told you right now we're getting a lot of text into seven eighty five, nine to two from dudes who are saying they're going to start doing the same thing on their dates. Yeah, emergency shrimp stash, any sea life, I mean ce cucumbers.
Speaker 3: It'd be good for our options of having a lot of second dates.
Speaker 4: Trump setter, Jack, Well.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that. That's affirmation right there, So we.
Speaker 1: Got we all remember she's not calling it back right like, we all remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta follow his instructions.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like two steps back, one step forward. Is that where we're at?
Speaker 4: You were for single Yeah, I'm optimistic for you, Jack. Yeah, I know we're giving you a hard time about it, but I could see it was an emergency.
Speaker 6: Right, you know. I think it is.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a joke, but let's just call it Courtney. We'll see what she has to say. Try and get you hooked up with her one more time. Okay, emotion all right, Okay, we need to help Jack. Okay, I'm down your number Shellfish. Okay, Jack, I'm not very optimistic.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're looking for Courtney.
Speaker 7: This is Courtney.
Speaker 4: Hey, Courtney. Well, you're on a radio show right now. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Are you doing Courtney?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Hang up?
Speaker 3: I'm here just processing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know that's a lot coming at you. You never answered our question.
Speaker 7: I didn't I didn't hear it. Is this a joke?
Speaker 4: No, No, this is a segment that we do call the second Date Update. Okay, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Jack. Oh yeah, yeah remember Jack?
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh okay?
Speaker 4: Is that enthused?
Speaker 7: So this is like you're calling me and then you want me to go on.
Speaker 4: A second date kind of Well, you know, basically, we've talked to Jack a little bit. He told us about the time that you two spent together at the restaurant. He says, he's tried to reach you a few times and you're not getting back to him. So we're just trying to help give him a little bit of clarity if there was something bad that happened, if something's going on in your life. We just don't know.
Speaker 7: My life is great.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, where do you go, Courtney?
Speaker 2: Did you like Jack?
Speaker 7: I saw Jack was a nice guy.
Speaker 4: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a butt Courtney, Like, what's the he's a nice guy.
Speaker 7: But did he tell you about the shrimp?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, talk that happened that there was a can of shrimp that came out.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of questioning on our end, like about his timing.
Speaker 2: I'll show that, but.
Speaker 4: From our understanding, it was like an emergency where he needed to do it or else the date was going to really tank.
Speaker 7: That's what he said, you know, And I understood that, and I think, like I said, I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Can you walk us through like the shrimp moment? Like this guy pulls out a can of shrimp that.
Speaker 7: Well, we're sitting at the table and so then he flags down the waiter and he's like, it's an emergency and his body needs protein, and I just feel like I'm on a TV show or something. I'm looking around to see if there are cameras. The waiter is as perplexed as I am, and he got the can opener finally, and Jack.
Speaker 6: Opens it right there.
Speaker 7: Sure, And we hadn't gotten far enough in the date for me to even tell him I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no, that doesn't help eating tiny animals right in front of you.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't know what about you.
Speaker 7: No, And absolutely he's not trying to be rude or anything like that, But it was it was more that I couldn't see myself with somebody who's opening a can of shrimp at the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Of cauliflower. Would you have been happier?
Speaker 7: It would? It would have been less awkward.
Speaker 1: Probably, you can't see yourself with a man who carries emergency shrimp in his pocket.
Speaker 4: That's not shrimp shame, that's not fair.
Speaker 7: As I was trying to see past the shrimp. He then proceeded to reach in his pocket and pull out a boiled egg.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, hardbild egg too.
Speaker 4: You about shrimp and eggs and straight protein.
Speaker 7: He pulled an egg out of his pocket.
Speaker 2: The eggs, He's like, an addition of protein.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for real.
Speaker 7: He was like, oh man, man, I can't believe I forgot about this, which is, oh, I should have thought of this earlier. I'm so stupid, and now was just too much for me.
Speaker 4: Well, eggs are in his mouth on the date. There might be a little egg on his face as he's listening to this because you didn't know this, Courtney. But Jack's on the other line right now.
Speaker 7: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how this segment works.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he's in the background opening it up.
Speaker 4: Another kid, Jackie there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, hi Jacky.
Speaker 6: Hi Courtney.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry that it was such an awkward start. Honestly, if there had been any other way for me to go about getting protein, I would have done that.
Speaker 6: But it was necessary.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, you were technically at a restaurant where you've bordered protein in pinch. But I understand chicken breast. You know your paying exit's an emergency. You do whatever you have to do, and.
Speaker 7: I understand that too, But I didn't think you would misunderstand me not responding. I thought it was pretty clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I had a great time on the date, and yeah, maybe that that was a weird way to start, and so I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: I will say, to Jack's credit, like he's coming in pretty level headed after hearing I mean we were pretty.
Speaker 2: Brutal on him.
Speaker 4: That's a good point, Jack, What what is the frequency? How often do you need to dive into your emergency protein stash? I never thought of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's putting his pocket on the daily and forgetting.
Speaker 4: Here the whole time, two weeks old.
Speaker 5: It's called the emergency stash for a reason. It's it's a rare time that I go in there. So it really was, in my opinion, I can't open your emergency or get a pull tab or something like that.
Speaker 1: I just imagine them like being married way down the line and she's trying to help with laundry and in his pocket pulling out big legs of flail this starfish.
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 6: You guys aren't helping right now?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, But if anything, Cortney, you can hear that he's being such a good sport about this. He admits that it wasn't the best to look for the first date he just didn't know what else to do. So if you're willing to give him another shot, we would love to send you out on a second date at Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: What she can to do?
Speaker 2: Just eat the.
Speaker 7: I mean, Jack, I appreciate you, and I'm glad we can like laugh about this. And honestly, I'm sorry I didn't just tell you I was offended. Now I'm realizing how important it is to me that I date somebody that is also a vegetarian. Oh what So it kind of took this situation to the extreme, and that's that I realized, You know, what am I going to have in common with someone if our lifestyle habits don't add up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I get it. I'm somebody who does this for my body, for my health. You do that for your body and your health, and I respect that.
Speaker 4: So I really wish you guys to reconsider it. Sounds like an excuse to me, Jack, Like she if she really felt that way, she probably would have told you it before the date happened. You turned her off from all meat eaters forever.
Speaker 3: It just takes everything you can apparently.
Speaker 4: All right, Jack, Well, I'm sorry, man. Remember there's always plenty of other fish in the sea, shrimp and stations, all that you can eat.
Speaker 2: It's a buffet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a good albacore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Jeffrey in the morning, I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was in the minority calling her out for using an easy excuse to get out of the second date.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's an excuse. I really truly think that that was a revelation for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think that she had an epiphany.
Speaker 4: I'm a vegetarian and I'm only going to date vegetarians.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that he made her realize that that's what she wanted.
Speaker 4: I smelt that shrimp and was like, I don't know. I feel like she if that was true. Like, if it's true, that's totally fine. But I feel like she would have said it at some point in her dating profile, or mentioned it during her date, or even after her date, at something point.
Speaker 2: Know that it was something she needed.
Speaker 4: It up with us until the very end of the call. She wanted to seem nice where we asked her out, She's like, actually, I think at this point I'm only gonna date vegetarian.
Speaker 6: The phone with us.
Speaker 4: I'm not grossed out by him eating shrimp and eggs. That's not the problem. It's that he's not a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was trying to save his feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's what And maybe this is apropos for the moment. But something's fishy about what she said right there. She busted out like a zucchini, and so I'm gonna give her a pass. Say, okay, she skirted her way out with an okay, excuse.
Speaker 1: I think she's literally on a vegetarian dating app as we speak.
Speaker 4: I think she's going to go out to a steakhouse with Ramsey on her next day.
Speaker 1: She's looking for tofu boys, looking for well, whatever type of man or boy you're looking for, we'll try and hook you up with them.
Speaker 4: Just email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back.