Speaker 1: To most.
Speaker 2: Alisa, Welcome to Monday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 3: Joe Nichols coming up. I want to start with the game Monday's all. We're dragging a little bit, so I wanna do a game good of brains going. I'll give you three songs from one movie. You have to name the movie. So, for example, it's the Circle of Life.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to sing. I just can't wait to be king. I just can't wait to be king. You guys are gonna know this because it's the example.
Speaker 3: I don't have to sing that one. I've never seen lion king. Can you feel the love tonight?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 4: That would be lioning great? Yes, write your answer down.
Speaker 3: If I don't know how to sing it, I'm just not gonna sing it and say the title. There'll be five of these. I'm hopelessly devoted to you, hopelessly to vote to you.
Speaker 4: By Olivia Newton John.
Speaker 3: Some are Loving had me a blast, Some loving happened so fast?
Speaker 4: Yes, the second one, and then you're the one that I want. You're the one I want, honey, the one that I want.
Speaker 3: I'm in the Maybe I don't say.
Speaker 4: The artist for no one. We're gonna look, we just made the skins.
Speaker 1: Why do you think Olivia Newt John gave it away?
Speaker 4: Yeah I do. That's what I think everybody was gonna.
Speaker 3: Oh really this movie my bad lunchbox Grease Eddie Grease Amy nineteen seventy eight, Greece. Next one up, goodness, gracious, great balls of fire.
Speaker 4: No, Ben, you're right on my brain. Number third time a man insane. No no, no, I'm looking there.
Speaker 6: Number there, goodness, gracious, great balls of fine. Okay, next one, take my breath away.
Speaker 4: I can't I can't get there on that one. But take take my brotherway, got it sly and then.
Speaker 6: Uh how away to the danger zone. We're on a hard way to the danger soon.
Speaker 4: The wind.
Speaker 3: Okay, lunchbox, top gun, Eddie, top gun Amy, good job, everybody got to here's the next one.
Speaker 2: Every one, man, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 4: I don't know all the words. But next one, and.
Speaker 5: We'll always love you.
Speaker 4: And then there's one called I have nothing. I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: I have nothing nothing.
Speaker 4: That's what it is. Good. Yeah, that's a good one. Thanks and you and you. It's Jennifer Hudson and dream Girls. I think it's not dream Girls Chicago. That both of those are very like that.
Speaker 3: I have nothing and you not the same song, Amy Bodyguard, Eddie the Bodyguard, Lunchbox the Bodyguard.
Speaker 4: Good job, not to the Bodyguard. Is that a good movie? Three for three? I've never seen it?
Speaker 2: Next up, maybe them and them and them are staying alive, staying alive, le staying alive, staying alive, ha ha ha, staying alive?
Speaker 4: How deep is your love? How deep is your love? How deep is your love?
Speaker 3: And then the other one is if I can't have you, and I'll give you the artist because I never heard the artists won't matter by a Von Ellaman.
Speaker 4: If I can't have you, I don't want to know. Good one?
Speaker 6: If again have you?
Speaker 1: No body baby, I can't.
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 4: So? Yeah you so we did?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: And what?
Speaker 4: And what? You heard him?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Staying and left, staying in left. Those are the actual words.
Speaker 1: Is the movie we're supposed to know?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it, but I know the movie, but I've never seen Lion King or The Bodyguard, and only recently saw Top Gun.
Speaker 4: So and only the first one, not the second one, Amy.
Speaker 1: Studio fifty four.
Speaker 3: No, but good guess like you're that you're in the ballpark lunch box almost famous, bless of the ballpark. But you're still like looking in Eddie Saturday Night Fever, correct, John Travolta High School.
Speaker 4: It was the thing Amy's hopping in down on the old step.
Speaker 3: But she only got it because she didn't right, because she got grease and she didn't say I wasn't alive then, So unfearabs exactly it was before the seventy eight unfair, but still funny.
Speaker 4: And moving on, let's do the last one.
Speaker 3: It's the power of love.
Speaker 1: The power of love.
Speaker 4: It's a power of love.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. I don't know how to sing heaven is one step away, Heaven is now. I don't do that because that's not true.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how to sing.
Speaker 4: Back in time because I'm back in time. That's it, right, Yeah, I'm back in time. All right?
Speaker 3: No no answer me, trus like, you don't know, no idea, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Back to the future. That's right, stop it, that's right.
Speaker 5: I just took it because of the context.
Speaker 4: Back in time, right, power of love.
Speaker 1: It's back to the future.
Speaker 4: Back to the future. First of all, racierus server did you like the game. Is that a fun game? Yeah, it's a fun game. It's a fun game to start the day.
Speaker 3: It's not a fun game like mid show though, because you're kind of like that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know the song, and yeah, that's me singing.
Speaker 3: Eddie is our winner, all right? Would one that later if you guys want Edie, Guys, I'm the winner. Nobody job Eddie.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: I love your best friend. Nobody likes you when you play games, so they don't clap for you. I don't think you when you play games. No, you're gonna majured.
Speaker 4: But you win a lot.
Speaker 3: Do you mean it's hilarious because you're like a villain a game.
Speaker 4: Because all I do is win. Yeah, And I stay there and stay there and embrace it, so I can respect that.
Speaker 5: It's anous anonymous bar.
Speaker 3: Here's a question to be.
Speaker 4: Hello, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend of two years asked me to loan her a significant amount of money to help with some credit card dead I love her and could easily lend her the money. Something about loaning money makes me uncomfortable, especially to my girlfriend. I'm afraid it could change the dynamic of our relationship and cause resentment down the line. What should I do? Is it a bad mix money and relationships? Should I just give her the money instead signed the bank of boyfriend? So I completely understand because if you're loaning money to somebody that you're super close to, either family or friend, it does change the dynamic, and when they don't pay you back on time or at all, you lose them unless you're just a better person and get over it. I think it depends on how close you are with this girlfriend. If this is somebody that you could see yourself getting engaged to, you give the money if you're going to do it at all, so you cannot do it. I don't like the loaning it though, because it's going to really you're now the landlord to her, and that sucks, and that is going to change the dynamic of the relationship. It's a weird situation that she's put you in, but maybe it was one that she needed and they are only options, So I'm even gonna hate on her for it. If you are in a relationship with her that you're close to getting engaged, you've been together a long time, you feel secure, and that your relationship goes for until the end. Just give her the money because eventually it's gonna be y'alls money.
Speaker 4: Anyway. If you're not at that.
Speaker 3: Stage, you're gonna have to figure out how to manage how uncomfortable it's gonna because you just can't say no.
Speaker 4: If it's your girl and she needs you just can't say no.
Speaker 3: You could even offer to help her monthly, which is way less of money to help pay to help pay, no, to help pay it off instead of like give her the money, like, hey, I'll just actually help you pay off this bill for a while because you're not in as much financially and you can go six months by paying paying. You don't want to pay the minimal if you have the money, because none of that nut's getting paid off at all.
Speaker 4: So I would encourage you to do a couple of things.
Speaker 3: One, if she's the one, give her the I don't know the money here, but I imagine it's couple thousand bucks. Give her the money because eventually you're gonna be together and it's gonna be y'all's money. Two, I wouldn't loan her the whole bulk of the money. The loaning thing is tough what you could do, because then she won't feel like she owes you is you can just hey, why just let me cover this bill for you for a while because that helps, and then she doesn't know you. Now you're not gonna get paid act. But if it's one hundred and eighty bucks a month, you got that and you're not significantly in financially, and then if you decide to get together, you can pay it off. Then if you break up, that's on her. You loan her a bunch of money. It changes the dynamic. When Eddie and I were hitting, I gave him a bunch of money and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it changed everything. Broke up. Yeah, Well but we're back together now because we're married and we get for.
Speaker 3: Those who Eddie I have been married for three years now, it's never better. It's our money now, it's our money now. Yes, that's my advice.
Speaker 4: Do you want to say anything about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I think that this is just an opportunity to see what it would be like to have finances as a part of your relationship. Like you said, oh, I don't know if I want to bring that into our relationship. But like Bobby said, if this is a long term thing, then this is a good time to test that out and see how you would react and want to support each other. I guess I'm curious, like how where the debt came from.
Speaker 4: Because that's a deeper issue.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I know, because then that's like a responsibility thing.
Speaker 3: I think I just wouldn't loan her that as a bulk.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and you can't ever. I think you and I both learned you don't.
Speaker 3: Love when I married everyone.
Speaker 1: I don't love money with an expectation of getting.
Speaker 3: Paid back the people you love.
Speaker 1: Two people. Yes, yes, there could be a business deal.
Speaker 4: Have any money I have long for other reasons.
Speaker 5: I expect to get.
Speaker 7: Paid right, But when it's a loved one or friend or family member, then you just if you have the ability to do it, you just give it and if they pay it back, great.
Speaker 4: Thank you for emailing.
Speaker 3: Good luck with that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not the answer you probably wanted, but that's the answer I feel comfortable with.
Speaker 3: There's a voicemail from James in Virginia Morning, Bobby Morning Studio.
Speaker 4: I just want to say happy twenty first birthday to Lunch.
Speaker 3: Your original member of the Bob Both family.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Happy twenty first lunch.
Speaker 3: God bless you Bobby had the family.
Speaker 4: Thank you? Did you know today was your twenty first your anniversary on the show?
Speaker 8: No, I just now realized it's October, and I knew I started in October of two thousand and three, but I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Look at that. Now you think you can drink at work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's twenty one. It works. And what are they gonna say he's old enough to drink it work? That's wild?
Speaker 3: I mean, what if I can make it one more year, that's half my life.
Speaker 1: If you can make it.
Speaker 8: If I make it one more year of their job, man.
Speaker 4: But you'll be one year older. So will it be happy?
Speaker 8: Because it'll be twenty two and I'll be it'll be twenty two years here and i'll.
Speaker 4: Be forty four.
Speaker 3: But then if you do one more year, then it won't be it'd be more than half your more than Oh my gosh, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 4: Mind blown mind blown emoji like.
Speaker 5: I'm kidd that's I mean, that was weird.
Speaker 4: Man, have a bigger man, a.
Speaker 5: Pile of stories.
Speaker 1: So here's something to kickstart our week.
Speaker 7: An art teacher in Kentucky is going viral for a motivational speech that she gave her students.
Speaker 5: You don't got to be perfect.
Speaker 1: It has got to be done.
Speaker 2: Let's not be hard on our so along the way.
Speaker 5: So it's quite hard enough.
Speaker 8: After all, this.
Speaker 3: Line stressed out. I like it.
Speaker 4: It's a little long.
Speaker 9: I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: It's a little long.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna memorize that. But that's a little long. But I do like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like to like the emotion with it, the energy with it, she says it, and the like.
Speaker 1: You could do that with us some mornings.
Speaker 7: You could be like, all right, Chritine, like, let's go and you say something and we say it back to you.
Speaker 1: Motivated.
Speaker 4: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, the next one, Okay.
Speaker 7: I'm curious, if y'all get a recall on something, do y'all stop using it immediately?
Speaker 3: It depends what the recall is. If it involves putting me out of being annoyed at all.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, well, most.
Speaker 7: Most people will try to do whatever they can to get a refund or get some sort of money back, or get whatever's being offered by the place. But most Americans continue just using the product. But it's obviously been recalled because there's something dangerous like kind of shocked by the high number of people that just continue on.
Speaker 4: It depends if e yrun's our day or not like your car man yet.
Speaker 3: But if it's about getting money back, that's one thing. But if you go like drop something off and wait, just wait for it to come back, when you can keep using it and not have to spend an hour going and what I don't do that?
Speaker 9: What about when you see, like this kind of milk has been recalled? Do you go check it behind that milk?
Speaker 4: I know I've never had anything recalled.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he's but he's asking do you check the serials?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I've never had it happen. But I would also say no, right, you should check. No, But I've never had anything that I even eat get recalled.
Speaker 1: Woh, I've had to check stuff before, get the cereal numbers.
Speaker 3: And like Okay, once a car I had had like a gas tank thing where it could catch on fire. Now we're talking, I think it just blocked it out and kept driving.
Speaker 7: When back when I had a Jetta, they had a recall for the heat seaters catching fire.
Speaker 1: Mine caught fire?
Speaker 7: Huh no way, yeah, yes, it's like the little thread part started burning, and it was like, why is the stread that used to be white like black?
Speaker 1: And I was like, what's that smell?
Speaker 4: Did you take it back?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean eventually I just got rid of the car.
Speaker 7: But yet I guess see, okay, well I was twenty four then I was in this response.
Speaker 3: I know I got dryer once I had like a fire thing too. There was like be careful, and I just decought. I wasn't gonna dry when I wasn't at home because I wasn't gonna take it back.
Speaker 4: There's no way what am I gonna take it? Did I take a dryer?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well do you know that? They say just in general, But I just though I kept.
Speaker 3: Trying when even when I left, but it took like two weeks. I dried it home, but I did for two weeks.
Speaker 7: Even if there's no recall. They do say, don't run the dryer when you're not home.
Speaker 4: That's impossible.
Speaker 3: There's two things when I'm home I'm still gonna do even if I leave. Number one, run the dryer. Number two, light a bunch of candles before.
Speaker 7: Post Malone is doing a collab with UG, and so this is an UG that's gonna look like a classic UG. But the soul of it is this vibrant blue color, and then the top part is the classic neutral brown look.
Speaker 3: A boot because UG does different boots. UG boots better than whenever, because I like and I wore them for a bit.
Speaker 4: What are they think?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Lucoms had his own set of crocks. Rocks, got it?
Speaker 3: You know those are cool too? Oh these are boots? Okay, so not I like these. I'm looking at these boots. They look a bit like traditional.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: I don't wear boots? What's the brand of boot that people wear? What like Timberland boots with like a blue thing on it? Okay, look at that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 5: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Bobby. United Airlines had a land of flight, so they land down in New Mexic Go and then they're like, hey, we got some sort of situation here.
Speaker 4: We leave him for seven hours. I had to wait for a new plane. Can't you even that? That's so frustrating.
Speaker 3: But the pilot bought everybody pizzas.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: You're to thirty pizzas from a local pizza shot.
Speaker 4: Question, does the driver go to the tarmac, Like, how does that?
Speaker 3: It had to be delivered right to the gate and then all one hundred and fifty passengers eight and then you made him a plate. But I'm not I think they were able to let the pizza guy out on Okay, take it to the.
Speaker 8: Gate, Okay, hold on, But why don't they get off the plane?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because if the pizza guy can get all on yelling at me, there's no, there's no. He didn't get on the plane.
Speaker 4: He didn't, he didn't get on. He delivered, he delivered. It delivered somebody from outside. They took it in. Okay, No, I don't care.
Speaker 8: They were able to get the pizza on the plane, so let the people.
Speaker 4: Off the plane.
Speaker 3: There are certain rules, and there have been times I've been allowed to get off a plane with the group, and there are certain times where the're like, hey, in case we're able to leave the next forty five minutes, we're not letting him off the plane yet because it takes another two hours to do so. I know you yelled at me.
Speaker 4: There, I'm not yelling at you.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sorry, and it hurts. I'm frustrated with that. I'm frustrated with the law of hey, we can order pizzas, they can bring them on the plane, but guys, you can't get off the plane.
Speaker 3: But that is because they may leave quicker than they Then if you get off and it takes you have to put everybody back, bring them all through, sitting all again.
Speaker 1: Bringing on a pizza's way faster than.
Speaker 4: I think I can get on quicker than seven hours. But you're acting like it was at the end of the seven hours.
Speaker 3: I'm not finding this. It also wasn't the end of the seven hour. I'll tell you what, though.
Speaker 4: Whatever I'm going through, a pizza always makes it better.
Speaker 3: It was like in the first hour, and I think later they got off the plane, but at the time they didn't get off the plane because they didn't know they were gonna be able to leave, and the pilot bought all the pizzas. That's cool, man, No, I feel some sour. I'm sour, all right, there you go. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now Nicholls Show.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Buddy's going great?
Speaker 3: Man, Good to see it's been a long time. Good to see you too, maybe like a year. I mean, we see each other raised back football games, so I guess, but here we haven't seen each other.
Speaker 10: We're in good moods today, Yeah, because we didn't see each other a Razor back game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you're right, that's true.
Speaker 3: I have a question. We were talking about you. I was at Stone Cold Steve Austin's house. We were doing some work with him. He brings you up. He went to your show, and he was did you know this?
Speaker 5: Did not know this?
Speaker 3: So he mentioned going to one, he mentioned going to one of your shows.
Speaker 4: He's a big fan of yours.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: We were talking about music and he was like, you know, I like Joe Nichols and he said he and his wife went to your show. And I thought that was pretty cool. And I know if you're a Stone Cold fan or not, but I thought, yeah, who doesn't love Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Speaker 10: Right, I was a fan before third Downs at Arkansas became. You know the stone called Steve Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's one of the most famous people of our childhood.
Speaker 10: In case y'all didn't know, that's what Arkansas does on third downs, they played the stone Cold, Steve, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I had to explain that that's okay.
Speaker 3: Him and I having a private conversation and you don't read him. He never said what's up. He just came to the show and right, have you ever met Stone Cold?
Speaker 5: I've never met him, so I don't know. Maybe yeah, he was at a show.
Speaker 3: You're like it him and George Strait. You know he brought up he brought you up at George Strait.
Speaker 10: For a long time, I did drink a lot, so it's possible that some of those years I didn't know anybody, didn't meet anybody.
Speaker 3: Really, I feel like it was pretty recent though, don't you think I think he said it was recent?
Speaker 5: Well, then I have no excuse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think he just wanted to go to the show as a normal guy.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: And he did, and he was like he loves Joe Nichols.
Speaker 5: That is awesome.
Speaker 3: I know. I thought you'd want to know that because I don't want.
Speaker 10: To know that's well, uh, if you see him again, you know probably won't, but if I do, I'll tell him.
Speaker 3: You ever have like people reach out and come to a show, like who's been the coolest, like athlete or like other artists or celebrity to ever come to a show.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, it's it's a weird group of people, I gotta say. And and most of the time they canceled the last minute. Uh T Bow was supposed to come to a show. I think he canceled the last minute. I don't know what it is about me they canceled last minute.
Speaker 3: He tried to say something's life on the side of the road or something like he was probably coming to the show and had to like stop.
Speaker 5: And that's.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Uh, let's see.
Speaker 10: You know, there's some some strange stuff. I think in act Sean Penn, I think was supposed to come to whow we did in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Why somebody's supposed to come is it may ever show up?
Speaker 5: No, That's what I'm saying. I've been a super show time.
Speaker 10: I'm like, we're showing he's supposed to be here, like, ah, he got stuck, he couldn't make it, he's with the governor or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was it was something like that, who have you found out was a big fan of yours? Then let's say that because I guess T Bo and Shawn Pin would count if they wanted to come to a show.
Speaker 4: They must have known who you were.
Speaker 5: I would imagine that conversation was like, who am I going to see tonight?
Speaker 10: Who's that guy again? Why am I there? It was for a performing arts place out there in San Francisco. Man, you know a lot of football players. That DJ Moore that plays the Bears. Yeah, he's He was at a show recently and I was like, it's cool to meet you, big NFL fans.
Speaker 3: You ever get do you get people to sign stuff if they come to a show or do you play it cool? Man?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 10: The only time I've ever done something like that was when I did the thing with Posts not too long ago, and I had him do a video for my daughters. You know, my ten year old and my twelve year old girls in middle school can be a little rough, you know. I I've learned this as a as a girl dad. And that would have, you know, made them like super super popular and at.
Speaker 3: School because post Malone is cold to them, postmone is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So they found I was doing that and they're like why Uh, they said, why post.
Speaker 10: Just a long story. So anyway, I was like when I met him, like, oh, man, I hate I hate doing this. I'm sorry. But instead of like a sign thing, you mind taking a little video, you know, for my kids. You know, sometimes they have rough days and this might cheer them up. And he's like, oh, yeah, we shot this video. He's super cool, by the way, shot this video. And he totally cussed her. And I was like, they're not gonna be able to.
Speaker 5: Show they go to a Christian school. Look at it, you know, look at fun.
Speaker 3: So you did posted a show, Postmoon did a show and you played at it. Is it Marathon Music works here right in town, right? Yeah? So how did that come together?
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you that.
Speaker 5: Man, It was a weird thing. I was ironing clothes one day.
Speaker 10: There's no kid, and I like to iron in the middle of the day because it kind of, you know, gives me a time to think about stuff. And my one of my management company people called me and said, hey, Post Malone's trying to get ahold of you. And I'm like, I'm sure you got the wrong number. I'm positive I'm not the guy. You meant to say that too, And they're like, no, he's he's a big fan and and uh loves loves your stuff and wants you to come out and do a show with him at Stage Coach and I was like, I was like Saturday, right, He's say yes, And I said, I have a show in Texas Saturday, and he's like, well, we'll just get out of it. Like I have an actual tour and fans and they pay me money to go to a show and I can't.
Speaker 5: Just sorry, guys, I gonna go see Post. So I was I wasn't able to do that.
Speaker 10: I was like, I tell him, I'm sorry, I give him my number, you know, And I was that was the last I expected to hear anything about that. And fast forward a few weeks, his guy reached out again, like, hey man, Joe Post really wants to talk to Joe, invite him to another thing.
Speaker 5: What days you got available? And I'm like, I'm starting to.
Speaker 10: Think you really are a fan of start, really think you know my name. And so anyway, we we got together and I came to soundcheck. We wanted to do Broken Heartsfield for his album release, and so went to sound check and I was ready, and I was so ready. In situations like that, you never know what to expect. I was so expecting I got to go, yeah, didn't you sing this one song? You know, and then have to learn broken Heartsfield. I'm not really a fan, but he kind of knew who I was a little not that guy at all. He was like, man, this is such a cool deal. And I knew all of it, and he kind of knew a lot of stuff that I wasn't expecting to know. And I came out there and you know, soundcheck, sang the first line, wore that cowboy hat, and.
Speaker 3: He's like, ah, this is amazing.
Speaker 10: I was like, oh man, this makes me feel like I'm singing this for the first time, Like is this impressive? Is this good?
Speaker 5: That's great?
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's super cool.
Speaker 3: Guy. Did you get you close? Iron? Though? Like all my wrinkles are all gone.
Speaker 5: Question of that story is they did get ironed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't know if you've ever done this. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. But don't ever iron naked. That's a terrible habit I learned, and I had to unlearn it quick.
Speaker 3: I would imagine it was the hot water would get you the steam water? Yeah, because I put water when I iron.
Speaker 5: That's not what I was thinking about. Yeah, unless you're not coordinated and just bumping stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I feel yeah. Yeah, yeah again, I never have.
Speaker 4: I don't do a lot ironing.
Speaker 3: I go, I go to the dryer.
Speaker 4: I'm just a dude, you know.
Speaker 3: I go to the dry Yeah. I just throw in the dryer and it is what it is when it comes out. You know, if it survives, it survives. I was reading it's nineteen years and since Tequila makes her clothes fall off?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, right, is it nineteen years years?
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 4: It feels like that that.
Speaker 3: I was just listening to that song like living life. Yeah, does that feel like many lives ago or yesterday?
Speaker 5: Both? It feels like it happened last year.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's such a big kind of career song for me. Man, I don't know. Sometimes many of those things happened to somebody else.
Speaker 10: It feels like, you know, the Broken Heartsville era of my life and then Tequila and then you know the later hits.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: Like I said, it all kind of feels like different people for different different reasons. I was crazy in two thousand and five and two thousand and six, I mean crazy and uh, I'm gonna work fur coats and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that kind of season.
Speaker 10: This guy has lost his mind. Like I show up like middle of the afternoon in a suit like I'm here to do something iron too and iron burn coat.
Speaker 5: But no, I was a little crazy. But yeah, it does be like many lives ago.
Speaker 3: Nineteen years I mean, it makes me start to feel like that's many lives ago, because that's a song that I can remember where I was in my life. Like there are nine or ten, twelve of those songs that you hear and you're like, oh man, it kind of puts me in that place where I was now nineteen years ago and now here you are. I don't know. For you, I feel like you could just play all the hits and just be good. Yeah, But also there's an artist part of you that wants to keep creating.
Speaker 4: How do you balance that?
Speaker 10: Uh, well, I keep finding myself wanting to cut new music, and I've heard some of my friends that have kind of walked away a little bit that goes away, like I don't really want to cut anything else.
Speaker 5: I've done what I've done.
Speaker 10: You know, it's a it's kind of a grind to do new music, you know, from the production of it to the promotion of it. It's just a long, busy process. And like you're right, and like you said, you're right, I could probably set sail a little bit if I wanted to play the hits. Yeah, be fine. I remember that moment my book and Agy tell me that he's like, all right. At this point, we just have this conversation with our artists. If you never had another hit, never had another thing, you'd be fine. Here's what you're gonna do, here's the money you get, and blah blah, blah blah. I'm like, all right, that sounds a lot like you want me to hire and no, no, no, just saying if you're ever thinking about you know, where you're at in life, where you're at in your career, you could end it today and you'd be fine. And like, oh god, it makes me want to start over again. I don't want to get to that point.
Speaker 3: And so honky tonks and country songs and do all the songs kind of sound because I've heard some of the songs. They all kind of feel like you're in a hockey talk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think for the most part.
Speaker 3: We got a guitar.
Speaker 10: Guitar, Yeah, we got see a guitar. We got a even fiddle on this. Can you believe that fiddle still guitar. It's a lot of dance stuff, Like you know, when I started playing in clubs in the mid nineties, we used to do a lot of you know, Beaches of Cheyenne and a lot of George Strait songs that you dance to, two steppers and even some line dancing, and.
Speaker 5: So this album has a lot of those on there.
Speaker 10: That's that's what I remember about the nineties being cool is we had a lot of stuff you could dance to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go Electric Cowboy. Oh yeah, yeah, they played Nelly, but I would freaking nail some George straight. I two step. My grandma taught me a two step. I was multi dimensional at the Electric Cowboy because I got grind. I can also two step.
Speaker 4: I needed to.
Speaker 3: I want to play the new song here better than you. So any bosco part of the song, Yeah, tell me about this. Watch you pick the song.
Speaker 10: So the song is co written by one of the co producers of my record And it's kind of rare that you see a song that's actually written for as a duet, you know. That's what they did with this song. And we knew it was a hit.
Speaker 5: We felt like it was a hit anyone if we just didn't screw it up.
Speaker 10: It felt like one of those Aldan duets that he's had a lot of success with, and so we're like, all right, now we need a good duet partner. And we kind of talked about some of the younger artists and like, man, I wouldn't feel right. You know, I'm not sixty, but I'm not twenty, so you know, kind of age appropriate here. Let's let's get somebody that would be believable. And so they crossed, like the mega Maroney's off the list and like that's creepy, Like I'm the love of your life, right, So we we kind of started talking about artists and Benny Brown who just signed this this girl, any Bosco from California, great singer, phenomenal singer and a phenomenal personality, like a super charming lady. And he's like, man, check out her live show and see what you think. And we did a show together in El Paso, Texas, and she sang like Chris Christofferson songs and I was expecting like the young you know, let me talk about Mex's boyfriend all that kind of stuff, and she was like super into the old stuff like I'd get into. And so I was like, Okay, we got this is a little bit of magic, and so I asked her to be a part of it. We asked her to be a part of that, and she's like, absolutely, let's do this. And you know, she sang it great. She works her tail off, works really hard. She's super pretty, you know, which.
Speaker 5: Makes you know who she is. Makes it awkward with my wife.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I've seen her or like I like watch her videos on TikTok or something. Yeah, because as soon as I saw that you did the song with her, I was like, how do I know?
Speaker 4: Annie?
Speaker 3: I think that's how like, like because I obviously follow a lot of country music people on TikTok. Yeah, I think I've just seen her perform. She's good.
Speaker 5: She is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's really good.
Speaker 10: And she does great on the social media stuff, which I do not do well. I think my the things that I think are funny, I'll send to the people that post stuff and like this is funny, right, and they're like, oh God, don't ever say that.
Speaker 3: That's why are you ironing naked? Why did you say a video you ironing naked Joe.
Speaker 5: Hotel on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Nico Joe's got this album Honky Talks and Country Songs that comes out October twenty fifth. Uh, it's got some songs out from it now. But comforaboy and survive is that's like a legendary song obviously in country music. But you talk about just Arkansas, where where we come from. On a Friday Saturdays, I mean just playing like even at Walmart parking lot, somebody's got their windows down playing this song loud. So you covered this?
Speaker 10: It did, yeah, completely not a dancer, not a dance song really more of a tailgate or a bonfire song.
Speaker 3: Or Walmart parking lots of parking lot song. Yeah, why this one? Of all? It's a great song. But I wonder what drew you to cover this?
Speaker 5: So's it began with something I did live.
Speaker 10: I did a cover of Rooster, the Alison Chains song Nick called the Rooster.
Speaker 4: I said, what you did?
Speaker 10: Yeah, dude, that's cool. It was because the character kind of seems like the same guy, Like this guy come back from Vietnam and he's just a country board cancer vive guy. A little can't mess with me, I'll mess with you kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: We've known a lot of those people, you know, from being where we're from, and so I mashed it up live and it works great because a lot of country fans, a lot of older country fans today know Alison Chains music and like they've come over to the country a little bit like me. I love Alison Chains back in the nineties, So.
Speaker 5: That mashup was cool lives.
Speaker 10: We wanted to do it in the studio when we got a studio doing a mashup, and like, I don't know if we can make this work without cutting it separately and then doing some magic, you know, technology wise and making that happen.
Speaker 5: And so we end up cutting two.
Speaker 10: Separate tracks and getting a really good cut on the entire country Board Cancer Vive track, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Well, this is pretty cool. Maybe we should keep this.
Speaker 10: I'm usually I'm like, let's not cut Hello Darling or Friends of Little Places, or you know, any kind of signature song. You stay away from those things, you know, because you're gonna make everybody mad and it's never gonna be as good.
Speaker 5: As the original.
Speaker 10: I feel like we got a good enough cut where it's not like, oh God, we did this. The energy's right, it's got a cool like breakaway from the album moment.
Speaker 5: You know, there's something recognizable in there. Get a little bit grit on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Nicholls, you still live away from Nashville, right, Yeah? I feel like if you don't live here, you can actually separate and have a real human life and then a real professional life. Yeah, why did you seek that out?
Speaker 5: I had no choice on the matter.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 10: I got married in two thousand and seven, and my wife made it about a year in Nashville, and she's like, I'm going to Texas. So you can come with me or not, but I'm going to Texas. And I don't think she fit in really a lot here, and I was gone a lot, so I was on the road. She'd be home, you know, at the house, and you know, we've talked about raising kids, and so she's like, you know, I got my family in East Texas. You know that ain't really fair to me to kind of let make me raise a kid alone here in Nashville where.
Speaker 5: I don't really like anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's and you're gone. I mean, it's a great point, you're not here that much anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and and there's just a lot of stuff that, you know, I want to raise the kids in a normal life, normal normal crowd.
Speaker 5: You know that they can kind of get through.
Speaker 10: Not anything knock against Nashville, but that you do have to kind of fit into a groove here. That's you know, people are kind of related to the business somehow.
Speaker 3: It's not all reality all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a weird place.
Speaker 3: I would imagine to have kids too, because I mean, you got like other celebrity kids running around and yeah, yeah, I know. I admire the fact that you know, you chunk deuces and got out of here, like that's awesome. Uh so is she from there? Is that like her family?
Speaker 5: She's from Longview.
Speaker 3: That's where you want to be in your family anyway, right, Oh yeah. On childcare, that's all I hear. Save on childcare. It's easy to do.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been really good to see you man, Good to see you too. Congrats on the new song and can't wait for the full record to be out. And the cover is really cool that hangs junior cover. I'm going to have you sign on the back of this Arkansas helmet here. Yes, so so far it's just you and Tracy Lawrence. Oh cool, there's a theme here, here's a theme. Well, yes it is actually, so there's a theme here. It's only people from Arkansas, all right. And so if you sign that and then we're going to auction it off eventually.
Speaker 5: So I can sign it pretty big then, uh.
Speaker 3: Is there's only like four of us?
Speaker 4: Yes? Can you see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, not as good as track and Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, do we have a do we have a Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: You can see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then I'll auction and keep all the money for.
Speaker 5: Myself, all right, perfect?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great to see you. I hope the record just crushes.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, man, Thank you man.
Speaker 3: Keep being you. Whenever they were like Joe's coming by, like I love Joe, so you know, it's it's always an automatic. Yes, So thanks for coming by and we'll see you soon, buddy.
Speaker 5: Thank you man.
Speaker 3: You guys be sure to check out Hockey Talks and Country Songs comes out October twenty fifth. But there are some uh songs that are out now, like as doing Life with You out now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've released two of them to DSPs and that and.
Speaker 3: Know if I had them or if they were out yeah doing live with you what I bottle it up?
Speaker 5: Bottle it up is the other one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so country Boy can't survive, though not yet.
Speaker 10: I think that's gonna drop with the album, kind of like a one of the meat and potatoes things from the album.
Speaker 4: You know, I love meat potatoes.
Speaker 3: You guys love me potatos. Yeah, I love potatoes all right at Joe Nickel and Joe go to see a buddy. Thank you for coming to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: From a research journal called Science, a new study says that about seventy two percent of people will report a lost wallet if it's containing a large sum of money. Now, this actually happened. We played this on our post show right hit me with that voicemail.
Speaker 5: We pulled it somewhere.
Speaker 7: We've never been walked over to the dog and was out there for a few minutes and walk back. Well, there is a wallet in the grass, grabbed it, talk of it, of course, got in the car.
Speaker 1: There is three one two, three hundred and twenty four dollars.
Speaker 4: It has credit cards and all that ID and where they live is probably a good thirty maybe forty minutes away from here. If somebody, if we left it, somebody else is going to take it.
Speaker 3: So what would you guys do? So what I had said was I would post on social media like and I've had this happen before, not that kind of money.
Speaker 4: There was no money in the wallet that I found.
Speaker 3: I just covered up the address and you saw their face and name, and I said, hey, I found this wallet of this person, and yeah, here's the idea.
Speaker 4: Can somebody find them for me?
Speaker 3: And social media did that, they found them, And I think if you live in that area, someone's gonna help you out and find them.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox was like, I just turned the wallet in, but keep all the cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a hat.
Speaker 4: That's a medium.
Speaker 8: The way I look at it is if they have three hundred and something dollars in their wallet, they're doing just fine in their life.
Speaker 4: That's not fair.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: But like, if they have three one dollar bills, I'm probably like, ooh man, they're struggling.
Speaker 4: They need those three dollars. That's not fair.
Speaker 3: Well, why do you want someone to turn your know that the appropriate response to that's not fair, as life's not fair, be fair by you going turning it in.
Speaker 8: It could be, but it just how I live my life and how I think is man. They don't need that, and that's my reward. I put it in the mail, send it back to them. They're happy to get their wallet there. They're happy I got the cash. I don't think they're happy you got the cash, but I think they're happy. They'd be happier if they got their money. They all those three hundred and twenty four dollars, they would lose their wallet, they said, to buy a new wallet.
Speaker 5: I mean that's more expensive.
Speaker 3: A new study found that seventy two percent of people who will report a lost wallet they give it all back, whatever is in it. The more money in the lost wallet, the more likely it is to be reported. The finding that's the opposite, that's the opposite of what you think. The findings suggest that most people are basically honest when asked. People say, the more money that's in the wallet, the more it feels like stealing, so they do return it. If it was less than five dollars, it was almost immediately taken or just found to put back in the same spot, but rarely reported. So the more money in it. The more they turn the money in the wallet back, the less money in it, it's like they don't even care about people if they have less. It's obsome.
Speaker 7: What lunch Funtion said that the more it feels like stealing. My first thought was, like, the more money that's in there, the more important it seems to the people that lost it.
Speaker 4: If you're just walking around every day with three hundred and twenty four do.
Speaker 3: I just don't think you can assign that to people walking around every day, because who knows why they're walking. Are they on vacation in a lake or a you know't know, so that listener.
Speaker 4: I just encourage them.
Speaker 3: If you find a wallet or an id post on social media, don't post all the details. It'd be like, hey, can somebody help me find this person. Sometimes you can desert the name and find the person as well. But no, that's They did a study once where they put like a I'm gonna pick a number, one hundred wallets in a bathroom in them all and like eighty three of them were turned back in with money.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: That number is not exactly right, but that was the purpose of the study. All the money was there and everything was in the wallet, which is wild, and they didn't they didn't want to reward or didn't demand they get part of the reward before turning it back in, like.
Speaker 9: He does you remember we found that purse in the alley back here behind work and then you talked about it on air, and then the girl came and picked it up.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that We didn't love it was so happy, man like, because when you lose your wallet like that, it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Like it ruins your day. Yes, and it absolutely makes your month if you think you've lost it and you got goods the whole process, credit cards, driver's license. Yeah, not even the money, but unless it's like one of these envelopes that's found in the parking lot with like two thousand dollars in it. Books, I got keep half of it, but it's like they were taking that to the bank for mortgage payment or something to pay off.
Speaker 4: Well, this girl her car got broken into, yes, and.
Speaker 3: That's why the person was there. We just encourage you, guys. Do I made this up onto others what you would want done to you?
Speaker 5: Boom?
Speaker 3: It's sometimes I'm mark shopping at you're close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 7: Right in Milton, Georgia, a teenager, Norah Michaels. She created a program called Be Equals as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award project, and what she aimed to do was to bring teenagers neurotypical.
Speaker 1: You know what that means. That's neat.
Speaker 4: I'd assume that something about thinking brain.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so neurotypical students with Down syndrome students, And she brought them together to build friendships. So that way, you know, you can have a better understanding of what someone else is going through, building those relationships, fostering.
Speaker 1: Community that way.
Speaker 4: So I'm not neurotypical.
Speaker 1: I think you are.
Speaker 4: I don't think you get a fine. I don't think you can like diagnose me as something. I don't think I'm neurotypical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, yeah, you have certain things.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 3: It's a little more than a quirk. Thanks it beautiful.
Speaker 4: That's makes me beautiful. But but got it.
Speaker 3: I understand also why that language exists.
Speaker 4: Neurotypical. Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes, the good story Yeah, so it's cool too.
Speaker 7: Because she was inspired by Gigi's Playhouse, where she would volunteer and that's a nonprofit organization that supports individuals with Down syndrome. So through her volunteer work she was able to expand on that to other teenagers to get involved.
Speaker 3: Love it, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 4: That is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Of the podcast, that is the end of the first time of the podcast. You can go to a podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.