Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here. In Draft kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draftking sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draft King Sportsbook With Cold Shannon, A crowned is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight op and wired text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino w in resorting, Kansas twenty one and oh age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: Darvin Ham said he took Anthony David's comment after game too that the Lakers have stretches when they don't know what they're doing as frustration, and he'd agree to disagree. Ham said the Lakers coaches death prizes itself on being organized. Does Darvin Ham ever take accountability for anything if he ran? Obviously we don't think he's the right coach. But do you think that game was on the d Ham on on the other night here?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not? No, okay, absolutely right. Listen, d Ham is not on the court. Okay, He's not on the court when.
Speaker 1: You're up by twenty as players, I don't care what substitutions are being made. You gotta hold yourself accountab when play got in basketball, come on nine. We can't continue to we can't continue to say, oh, you know what, we don't know what we're doing sometimes in the court. The hell you goddamn say you don't. Boy, it's the NBA, this is the playoffs. You know what you got to do you already know what time it is, the fact that you throw your coach under the bus, even though you might not have meant for it to mean that, I.
Speaker 4: Can't throw your coach under the bus like that. Come on, ad and you you had the hell of a game. You had a hell of a game.
Speaker 1: And the Lakers can't play any better than what they just played the other night.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the team you playing just happened to be better than you when there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: Now you gotta blame. The only person that they gotta blame is Yokich. That's all you can blame. He decided to turn it on. What quarter is it? That's all right already, I got twelve good minutes. Let's get on out of here. And that's But here's the thing. Just what the people don't realize you think about this any days is a premier defender. It's a joke that he didn't. He was the finance for defensive Player of the year. Yo. Walk him down under the basket and get anything that he won't when it matters, right.
Speaker 4: The size difference.
Speaker 2: It's you know what what I look at is when I'm watching your kitchen and he has go to moves right. He's trying to get to his right hand. Yes, no matter what he does, he's coming back to his right, just like a left handed person. They're trying to get no matter what they do over here to try. So the fact that he can still get to his right lets me know you're not studying the man himself. There's team defenses, there's but sometimes you have to study him his mannerisms, his tics. This is when you sit at home he's done. This beats you so bad you should just have it. You'll get on your replay watching what he does when he shoots. What is this tailtail sign? Like a boxer, right, there's little things that they do to let you know they're about to throw a jab or throw a hook. Same thing in basketball. There's things that Jokish does to let you know when he's trying to go right. And the fact that he can steal fake left and get back to the right just amazes me. But he still has such such great touch with his left hand round the basket because the moment, the moment he shows you this left and you go for it, he's up and under your gear. He's up in the right there, So I got the ball out of his hands. I'm gonna rotate. I'm gonna say KCP and Aaron Gordon in the fourth quarter, they're gonna have because you know what they want to get to. They're gonna get put you in pick and roll and they're gonna dribble drive, dribble hand off, or they're gonna swing it to Michael Porter Junior. That's it. If you look at who touched the ball in the fourth quarter, is Jokic and it's Murray, and they're gonna swing it if one of those guys don't have something. The play of the game was the Lakers go up three and Yokic almost turns it over. Eron Gordon goes over at Austin Reeves, stays in bounds, saves it. Michael Porter Junior hits a three three. It goes from a situation where you almost have a turnover. The Lakers got the ball up three, they're gonna burn what run it down at least twenty four seconds, I mean at least twenty seconds before they get a shot.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That was the That was the play of the game. That was the player of the game. But yo, man, I mean you don't really stot he had twenty seven, twenty and ten. See, I'm not Anthony. For the For the most part, Anthony Davis has held his own against jokicch It's the assists that is killing him because remember every assist is damn near two point two, you know, and they're shooting three. Yes, the assists alone, he is producing about twenty at the lowest end, twenty to thirty points. Yes, that's what's killing you. Yeah, you know. It's one of those things where I played against Lebron and saying we treated Lebron the same way. All right, let's just let the man go for fifty, right, everybody stay home. He goes to fifty, we lose, all right, all right, we're gonna double them, make them pass the players. He gets his ten assists and thirty. Right, So it's one of those things where he got it fifty, just in a different way. He's gonna get it no matter He's gonna get it no matter what. Now, when you're saying, all right, we've done tried every scheme against this guy, he's untouchable, Let's focus on Murray. Now. Can we shut Murray down? Because we know Yokish needs Murray the last five minutes of the game, because if Murray is off, the pick and roll is a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 2: Will try to focus on Murray as much as possible. Now, the other players, they're not dummies. They're not sitting in the corners just standing there looking like atmosphere right right. We can say passes to Gordon, but when he passes Gordon, Gordon's going for the live right, that's where that passes. It's not Gordon sitting in the through shooting checking three. No, no, no, no, Well, as long as he if I ever see Gordon dunker spot, I'm not. I can't help Off because I know he's coming. I know he's they're gonna put him in that spot. He's won boom, he's there. But if he's out, if he's out, hey, y'all, I'm not helping out for Murray, and I'm not helping off. Michael Porter, Juli k c P. Gonna have to have thirty, Aaron, you have to have twenty five? Yeah, yeah, no, no, soon as as soon as Brown gets in the game, and KCP and even Peyton Watson, Yeah, y'all shoot, And that that goes back to that what we said earlier. It becomes practice, has become practicing basketball. Yes, but Gil, I you went on here the other night. I don't know what the Lakers can do because I had told Stephen Assay d Logo had hit at least five threes. Tonight he hit seven. Anthony Davis goes and give you another thirty to eleven or five with a couple of blocks. Lebron gives you twenty six, twelve and eight d Lo. D Lo had eight threes in four games last year. He has eight threes and two games this year. He goes seven to eleven from the three point line and you still lose after having a twenty point lead. So now I know what the Lakers have said. Hey, they did what they were supposed to do. They're a good team, they're the defending champ. But that message with you, Ojo. You know when you play, like I would explain to you, Ojo, you go on Carson, go off, the running back, go off. You had a fourteen point leading, and you end up losing.
Speaker 4: You're like, damn, what we need to do.
Speaker 1: If they had a game like that where they played so well offensively and they were so efficient from the field, well what's the answer obviously, how to hear you stop the goddamn Jokick and Murray pick.
Speaker 2: And roll turnovers, turnovers. You look at they had more turnovers than they had a sense turnover. That's the difference, because now you don't even get it. You don't even give yourself a chance to get fouled. You don't give yourself the chance to get the ball up and maybe hit a three hit or two. You turn the ball over. If you look at it, they shot better from the floor, but the Nuggets had ten more shot attempts, ten more because the Lakers turned the ball over. Bre and I think Nuggets went eight for nine in their last nine shots, right, and you said it, You said, jo kids and Murray, we know what they're gonna do the last five minutes. This has been the problem with the Lakers. We don't know who's touching that ball in the last five minutes. Hey, you know, Ruey might take three shots in that last five minute. He shouldn't take he should he took three two minutes. Reeves might come down and do some chip. We don't know what gonna do. We don't know what's gonna happen in the last Lebron and a D. Lebron and Gail. Did we see what they were doing? Early put him in the freaking roll aighty dive to the basket. He was hitting that little floater or Lebron driving all the way. But then in the third quarter, you see that switched it up. Yokids didn't have any answer for a D. He was fourteen to fifteen. They switched Gordon on it. So now Lebron has KCP. I'm saying a D. We're gonna continue to do what we do. Or instead of Lebron tried to get for the call for the ball at the top of the key, get down the block at see and that's that's that's called genius basketball. He can't stop ad no matter if Gordon is on him. Correct, you go get Lebron. Lebron's gonna be triggered like, oh I got I got a mouse in the house. As soon as Lebron says this, thank god they fell for the okie dough. The okie dope is he's killing us. Now we want you to shoot the ball, so we're gonna give you the advantage because you ain't on fire. And that's what ended up happening. Yep, they definitely bet it because they didn't go back, They didn't get the ball to a d ad missed. The couple kind of got My thing is, look, I understand you thought you got filed, but while you back there arguing with the official, they push it up the court. Now they got a five on four.
Speaker 4: So is it this series over? The Laker still got a chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, not a chance to win the series, but do they even have a chance to extend it to make sure.
Speaker 4: The NBA get their money?
Speaker 2: This years ain't even start.
Speaker 4: The way they got whooped?
Speaker 2: They still they still in twenty twenty three, Yo ladies is still.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: The NBA is looking into an altercation between Nicola Yokich's brothers. Uh. The video showed this oldest brother, I ain't gonna even say his name, attempt to climbing over real to the front of fan. The brother then punched the fan in the face, as the other brother and not gonna say his name either, followed behind him the TikTok he used to capture the video yo Kich brothers going wild. The video also caught their attention to the different police which is investigating the incident. Although a victim has not yet come forward, I.
Speaker 1: Mean from what I heard obviously what was written from the TikTok and some of the fans that were in the area is if maybe it was Yoki's wife, maybe a girlfriend, girlfriend and child, the fan must have been heckling a family member of theirs and continue to heckle him until she had to be escorted off with the child. And the person kept on, kept on egging on. And obviously the brother being a former m M A guy. Uh, if I'm not mistaken, he's undefeated, and he hauled off in any any you know, gave him, gave me he was looking for it.
Speaker 4: That's what happened. You have a little alcohol in your system.
Speaker 2: Get hey, gil uh huh oh Joe, when I when it's when me and my lawyers show up. He ain't gonna hit nobody else. Uh, who are you gonna shoe? I don't know what kind of lawyer you you you got, but I can tell you he gonna hit somebody else on because you ain't getting ship from him that I will get stuff from I will give or he'll give some. He will give some. Get you that ain't that's okay, that's okay. He got some money and ye don't worry about it. Well, he'll play to get aim out of jail. You gonna, hey, you're gonna lose. You're gonna spend money thinking thinking yok is just gonna pay no, not not do your time. I believe, hey, now, because Yokey gonna want Yogi's gonna want to be able to protect the wife. He gonna want to be were gonna want to be able to protect the wife. All were gonna do is this. You're gonna be sitting there spending your money. Whatever time they get back to Serbia, good luck, have fun. Oh no, well, we know he ain't going back for any time soon, so we will hold him. We're gonna hold him over here, or or we'll make it so he can't come back. We don't need him, you need you, hey, But you know how to they play. There's a reason.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why they traveled every game.
Speaker 2: He thought that Yoki play that the brothers in the same deal, right listen, I don't, I don't. I don't blame him, like it was one of those things and they was just mimicking what was going on on the court. A d as I'm up here, whoo been the fan? So yeah, I will whip somebody. I will whip somebody. But help me out what was Roy doing? What was Roy doing the other night, Gil, besides.
Speaker 1: Trying to play basketball trying to find his rhythm, I mean rhythm, trying to find his rhythm.
Speaker 2: You got this.
Speaker 4: You gotta find your rhythm.
Speaker 1: It's only one it's only one way to find your rhythm in any sport that you play. And when it comes to basketball, you gotta keep on shooting.
Speaker 2: Not in this, not not no, not against them, to do that in practice tomorrow when we get back home to l An For you to be trying to find your rhythm against the Denver Knugger, we don't have that kind of leverage over it. We did you to have that really, even have the random to sit down and we can work. We can work out the other off days. Oh Joe, he missed the layoups, shoe, that's the thing I can see. Yeah, he yeah, the corner that had been nice for me to hit that corner three, that's fine.
Speaker 4: But oh Joe, the layups.
Speaker 2: He missed the dug and then he hanging on the rim and the rim embarrassing, hey d trying to lay it back here in the rims in the basket, spit it out when you're having a bad day. You're having a bad day, that's all it does. Go back goud. Oh Joe, you know you have one of them days, like you ain't seeing the ball. Well, you're like, oh, I fit to grab then the ball he go right through your head, in the head and pop up in here. Somebody. I hate that.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, can't it get any work?
Speaker 1: It is always the easiest past to catch, the easiest past, the catching right through your hand.
Speaker 2: Yes, video the going viral of Joeling Bead's eye. What do y'all think is going on here? A sports medicine doctor tweeted, the image makes some type makes some type of nerve injury damage for uh for embid very likely. See how he left the forehead doesn't win wrinkle, but but the right one does. That means the left side isn't getting nerve intervention in it. And that's what you're saying what that innervation is? Asked I don't know what he spelled, but he must be a doctor. Yeah, he got MD by his name, Like right, think Bell's palsy phenomenon. Have a teammate to have Bell's palsy seems isolated to the upper branch of the cranial nerve and not the whole thing, otherwise his mouth would be dropped. Have you ever see anybody with bill palsy? I mean they it's like they it's like a person has a stroke and it's like the mouth is crooked. But he said it, it's like with his eyes, his eyes, because like his eyes are doing something funky. But his forehead is a movie you see. You ever heard a duct tape? Hold that I opened a duct tape? It back here, But.
Speaker 4: Nobody got time to be worried about what's going on with your eye.
Speaker 2: May you've been a duct tape that I back to that forehead? They get out there thronging him. Hey, but you think about it. We're athletes and we thinking like, okay, we had to do everything. That's how fans don't care about that. Man ain't got no I you ain't got me. Hey, don't worry aboudy. You don't even want out of basketball anyway. Hey, they don't care that. Don't cutting nothing about that because all they see is that their jersey number and embeed on the back. That's all they say, were you out there man? What about that big on kde break? Well he out there isn't he? Reggie Bush will be getting back his two thousand and five Heisman Trophy after forfeit again in twenty ten as part of the NCAA sanction placed on USC. On Wednesday, the Heisman Trophy Trust decided that Bush would get his trophy back after it monitored the enormous, enormous, erroneous, enormous change in college football landscape. Oh so another word they started getting out of nil. Reggie just was ahead of his time. Okay. Bush had forfeit the trophy in connection with the NCAA sanctions against USC for several violations, including Bush receiving improper benefits when he attended school. Bush will be getting the actual trophy, while USC will receive a replica, and starting with twenty twenty four season, he will be invited to all future Heisman Trophies ceremony. I mean, that's yeah. He should have never gave it away.
Speaker 4: I mean, he didn't have a choice but to give it back.
Speaker 2: I deny you come bid, But it's it's good.
Speaker 4: It going to be a good thing. It's a good thing that gave it back.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Reggie bush to me is one of the top two collegiate football players I've ever seen play, the most electric, one of the most electrics. And outside of him was Peter Worrick, who also should have won the Heisman his year. But Reggie bush Man, what he did for USC.
Speaker 2: Was on the best. The best non quarterback that I ever saw was bad. Yeah, okay, very very Barry had Yeah, ojo. He had twenty six hundred rush yards in twelve games. He had two hundred and twenty and five touchdowns and that didn't count towards his total. He'd had twenty eight hundred yards rushing in thirteen hundred games. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that list, those numbers are staggering, but it's it's something. It's something about.
Speaker 1: Let me let me just stay with me real quick on these three names when it comes to college football or that have played. Obviously, Reggie bush and for me, I'm all about receivers, but with Tevon Austin, Randy Moss, and Peter Warck is my number one. To me, I think Peter Warck is the greatest collegiate receiver to ever play the game. Despite some of the great names that are played in college. What Peter Warck did for FSU that senior year, I've never seen anything like that ever, whether whether it's a proper return, whether it's catching what it's like those moments you remember when Michael Vick dropped back and you would hold your breath because you don't know what the hell gonna happen. You don't know what you don't know what's gonna happen. That's how I felt when I watched Pete Douve play man. Same thing with Reggie Bush when when Reggie got the ball, ain't no telling what he gonna reverse field. He gonna make two, three, four, five people miss. And that's that's what Doug was able to do. But I'm I'm happy for Reggie.
Speaker 2: Man. Do you remember a Barry in the NFL? Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, make if he was doing so, what would you think he was like in college?
Speaker 1: It's probably ten ten times ten times worse ten times I mean, not worse in a bad way. I'm saying, you know, just just as better because the level of talent in college was nothing like the NFL. So if you made the NFL players look the way you did in the NFL. I can just imagine in college it was. It was nasty work.
Speaker 4: I've seen the highlights though.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 2: Hold on, can you pull up Barry numbers in Uh? I'm sorry, I was I thought you said Eon was it? Uh?
Speaker 4: Neon warred the lady? Oh what about dyon Ward? That's what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Joe liked allowed the females to play college football about.
Speaker 4: You don't know who Peter Work is? No, come on, Gil, no man, dude, do me a favor, mam.
Speaker 1: When you get some time and your free time tomorrow, your downtown tomorrow. YouTube Peter Work highlights when it was at Florida State. Peter Okay, all on you and you'll you'll understand. You'll understand just what watch his highlight?
Speaker 2: Oh shoe, yes, sir, Oh, Joe, I got Here's here's a Barry Sanders. Game by game, he went one seventy eight, one fifty seven, three oh four, one seventy four, one fifty four, three twenty two, fifteen, three twelve to ninety three, three thirty two for a grand wopping total of twenty six hundred, twenty eight yards thirty nine touchdowns. He every two hundred and thirty nine yards rushing per game. In the one game, his last game of his career, he rushed for two hundred and twenty two yards on twenty nine carries for five touchdowns. That season, he finished with twenty eight hundred and fifty yards forty four touchdowns and one hundred and six yards receiving and five hundred and fifteen yards Russian.
Speaker 4: What they what are they trying to tackle him? What are we doing? You saw that they tried to the number. That the numbers you just said, you can't even replicate on a video game. You can't get on the video game.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's what I'm saying. If you take it, I mean, his numbers don't seem real. Now, think about this. He backed up Thurman Thomas.
Speaker 4: He backup. He was the backup of THEURMA. Yes, okay, now that's new, that's news. That's news to me. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he backed up firm. I ain't know that. Barry Swilson told told his team, he said, don't hurt the starter because the backup will come in the game, which was bad.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Barry was mainly a return guy. Can you imagine trying to tackle him return guy? And he was that special. Yes, you gotta realize Thermo.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, there was no type of controversy being at I mean at that Thurman Thomas was great as well. So I don't want to take anything away from Therman, but you would assume someone would Barry's talent and skill level would come in and take Therman's spot or senor security was like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, when when at USC with yeah, who was the running back with Riggie Bush the whe went to Tennessee. Wasn't he good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, big Bat was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like Furman. It wasn't like Furman and Barry. It wasn't even like Craig James and E. D. I know that you don't remember the Pony Express s m U. The best team money could buy ED was ED. It was Ed and Rock and Rogers and uh uh Craig James. Craig James was that white dude could run it, Joe, he could run it, run it. Yes, yes, yes, they called him, they called him, They called himself the Pony Express up and down the field. You know ED because he Ed was one hundred and two hundred meters champs in the state of Texas. You know they run in the state of Texas. If you win one hundred meters, two hundred meters in Florida, in Georgia, in Texas and California, Oh you can school. Oh you could school. Oh you could school school. He ain't no bull joy. No, but Barry, Barry had the greatest season. And I was like, I said, I'm I'm only a year younger than Baron. So I saw it in the Oh Joe. In a lot of the games, he didn't finish the game. He was on the sidelines. He could have, he could have.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we'll probably never seen nothing like that again.
Speaker 2: Huh At the running back position, No, the man had eighteen carries for one seventy eight. He had thirty three carries for three or four twenty four for one seventy four thirty five. I mean he had three hundred and forty four carries. Now go look at all the guys that rush for like three hundred three two thousand yards. Look how many carriers they got. He'd averages seven eight yards a carrier. They I think, you, Oh, you gotta watch his high you gotta watch his highlight. You'll never see anything like will you will never We will never see, we'll never look shady. McCoy had moved. There are a lot of running backs to have both, but you're never gonna see anything the guy playing with both feet. Oh Joe, you know you're not supposed to jump.
Speaker 1: Stop with He come to balance like no other. Bright He come to balance like no other. And get up out of that quick.
Speaker 2: Been talking my throw?
Speaker 4: Uh oh?
Speaker 2: Are you to have me on his highlight reel? Tell me I throw Hey, so y'all hear me more? Then I closed the door and Barry Sanders. Now so I'm going way.
Speaker 1: Say wait, wait, wait at Tavon Austin to that at tavan Yeah, at Tavon Austin College highlight tape, and boy, let me tell you, get you some popcorn and watch them three and watch what happened.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm on it, oh joe. He had one hundred. He played eleven games thurm and senior year. He had one hundred and five rushes for six hundred and three yards nine touchdowns. He had four reception for fifty eight yards. But he had one hundred and nine plays from scrimmage for with ten touchdowns. And then he came back his senior year three hundred and forty four attempts, twenty six hundred and twenty eight yards, seven point six yards of rush, thirty seven touchdowns, he caught nine pass fo one hundred and six yards and then he had what he had and receiving.
Speaker 4: So that's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean return, No, he was, he was. You had to see it. I mean, all y'all think we're running well. I don't think anybody think now. I mean we got some great Christan McCaffrey, you know, uh, the Taylor, the tailor young man from nd and and and King.
Speaker 4: Different. He was different, though, It's different, different, different, right, different.
Speaker 2: You never see anything like that.
Speaker 1: Hell, one of the greatest of one of the greatest, and goddamn Adrian Peterson, one of the greatest collegiate running backs ever, and Reggie Bush's well, but Barry Sanders still sits alone.
Speaker 2: He was just different.
Speaker 4: Were they that bad at tackling back then? Or were the teams they were playing with? Were they that bad?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you know, they tackled way better back then than they do now. So what you think they're gonna do with all this face on the field, What you think they're gonna do with Barry. Now Barry might have he might have two or three seasons with two out of yards rushing fifty five fifty five. That means he was in college around one eighty six. Yeah, he came. Yeah, he came out. I came out ninety, he came out in eighty nine. Burman came out in eighty eight. It was on that good back time. They was on that good stuff back in the eighties. Boy, they couldn't Joe there was but you know back then, you know the running back you know USC he you know Marcus Marcus uh uh, Marcus block block for Charles White. Charles White won the Heisman in seventy nine, Marcus won in in eighty one. I mean think about it. And Ronnie you talked about USC had a squad back then. They had Ronnie Lot, they had Marcus Allen, they had who else was on that team, Joey Brown or Dennis Smith? Uh that eighty one You're gonna look at that eighty one squad. They were loaded?
Speaker 4: Did they win? Did they win?
Speaker 2: Loaded? Look the Browner brothers.
Speaker 4: They win a national championship videyo?
Speaker 2: Okay, sure did they sure did? They were loaded? They were loaded loaded Charlie Building a waver but reveals his University of Illinois recruited him with five girls in a private jet. Charlie said one of the top rank prospects in the nation in two thousand and three, and a number of colleges were interested in having him on board. On I Run Your Race podcast, Building a Waiver of revealed how the University of Illinois recruited him. My first village to a line. I loved it, loved it off the back. First of all, I'm seventeen years old. They're picking me up in a private jet. I ain't never been on a private jet in my life. So I get to Canbra. They got five girls with Charlie's Angels t shirts on them following me around wherever I go. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like that. Only five.
Speaker 2: You know me? Five five enough. I'm a shut if you I'm gonna shutting down corner. I'm a one on one type of guy myself, one on one, bro, one on one. Wait, hold on you come on?
Speaker 4: Uh what they did you? No, he ain't doing nothing to me. But I'm saying, if you're gonna if you if you.
Speaker 2: First of all, your wasn't that heavy recruiting, and they probably a six pack of the orange so no, no, listen, a fix six wings and an orange. Solder got in the organs.
Speaker 1: Myself in his shoes because when it was time for Mintigate recruited, I ain't had the grades, no way. I'm just saying, if you're gonna do it, do it right.
Speaker 4: If I have five, that's a, that's a. That's an odd number. Why five?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not eight?
Speaker 2: Why not? Why not four?
Speaker 1: It just makes no sense, because there's somebody's gonna be odd, somebody gonna be out.
Speaker 4: It's like it's an odd personality.
Speaker 2: Somebody. Hey, I ain't only one in that recruiting trip. I'm sure they had other players coming in there. That's for them. I ain't.
Speaker 4: Why are we snitching on ourselves anyway?
Speaker 2: I don't wanted one. Oh yo, I already told you you like mine?
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, why is he I'm a single?
Speaker 4: Why is he telling? Why is he? Why? Why is he?
Speaker 2: Why? Why are you.
Speaker 4: Willingly letting people know about that? Anyway? There's some things you're supposed to be able to take to your grade. Ain't that wasn't Ain't.
Speaker 2: He ain't doing nothing with him. They just had Charlie and your shirt on.
Speaker 1: Ain't you got to bring that up because now they're gonna go investigating from way back forty years ago.
Speaker 2: And man, they ain't investigating nothing. Hell on, investigator. That was better than my recruiting trip. What you did? What what you have? I had the hotel room, I was left in it. I have luc Walking and Richard Jefferson. Right, I had Luke Warner and Richard Jefferson as the people that was supposed to take me out. They just in the hotel. So I didn't go nowhere. So the only person that I was, the only female I seen, was room service lady, and I had to pay for.
Speaker 4: They ain't take you out nowhere.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't want me there, he said, No, we don't want you here. So yeah, we're gonna make sure this is a bad experience for you, which made me want to come so I can be like, you know what, when I come here, I ain't passing you the ball.
Speaker 4: Girls?
Speaker 2: All man, all right, god it's time for Q and A Lord Day said, Amanda was on your ass in that interview. Did y'all see the interview with miss Keeping?
Speaker 4: I keep seeing all the tweets, and all the tweets are the same.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I agree with a man of seals? So does does everyone not like a man of seals?
Speaker 2: The something?
Speaker 1: I don't know the backstory, but for some reason, whatever she said, it must have been good because everybody agrees with her.
Speaker 4: Whatever it made the topic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was Hollywood, especially Black Hollywood, is kind of shunned, and uh, you know, everybody is kind of shaped through their childhood and their personal experience. So you see think you see life through your prison, your lead. And so she's had some things happening in her life that kind of makes an ultra defensive. She's a she's a highly intelligent woman, very intelligent, very well read. But I think sometimes you know, she thinks everybody's out together, and so until until she's comfortable with you, she's gonna keep that guarden. She's gonna keep the guard up. Because I asked them for hug earlier, She's like, nah, i'll hug. I asked her, I said, give me some doubt. I didn't want to give me no doubt. But once I told her, I said, Amanda, this is a safe space. You can tell your story. She saw back she paulled, She's like, can I have a hug? And then she was cool. I think a lot of things that and people like I was trying to invalidate her experience. No, I wasn't. It's the same thing I told Monique with Monique said, I tried, you know, I was trying to get this role and Oprah told me to go blah blah blah for and she ended up getting the roll. I said, well, Monique, did you ever think that they were looking for a black, heavyset woman and there were you two are probably the only two in Hollywood? And she said, oh, okay, that makes sense. And so when she said the white lady had her teacher, I said, Amanda, did it ever cross your mind that I don't know where you from, but where I grew up. O, Yo, kids never corrected a parent or an adult. Yes, And that's what I said. I said, I said, Amanda, did you think maybe because you were a child, even though you were right, the mere fact that a child corrected an adult. Now, maybe in today's time, that's fine. Maybe we're in some place you grew up, But I don't ever remember being being in a situation a child couldn't even interrupt an adult conversation. You couldn't put on your parents or your grandparents' legac.
Speaker 4: Say hey, hey, hey, hey hey.
Speaker 2: I'm like, huh no. So that's what I was saying. I said, maybe maybe a man that it wasn't racism. Maybe it was the fact that a child was corrected as an adult, But that was her experience, that's what that's what And like I said, I mean, that's how she felt about it. But I enjoyed the interview. I enjoy talking to people. Yeah, I mean everybody.
Speaker 4: And I tried not.
Speaker 2: I do my research, but I try to go in as with as clean as slate as I possibly can, because I don't want what someone else has said about her to influence what I think of her. Yeah, I'm gonna come up, I'm gonna ask the questions and then at the end of the day, hopefully she when she sees it, she'll be pleased with the finished product. But I ain't got no problem with man Decille's She was great, She's very funny, she has uh and I do believe some of the people have done her wrong. And I think a lot of a lot of because that's what you deal with We all go through it dealing with men or women. You're not dating them, you're dating the childhood, the past promise. That's what you that's what you gotta get past. So I'm excited. I was excited to have her. She was great. She taught me a lot of things. But she oh, she's highly highly highly highly educated. She's well versed. She can sing, she's a comedian, she's a writer.
Speaker 4: Is she married her? No, she's not mad, say, I mean, yes, I'm listening to you list all the qualities that she has, and I'm just curious if she was married because that that I mean, that sounds like that that's a great cass for someone.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, yeah, yeah, No, that sounds like some flaws for someone. Because as educated as she is, right, she's there's a standard of a man that she's looking for, right Yeah, if it's not on the same educational level as her, she's gonna look down on. And that is, if they're more educated than her, then they talking down to her. So these are the type of women that will typically get be single because they can't find an equal partner too. They are she she wants someone that that's that's verse She wants someone that's inquisitive. She wants someone that wants to travel. I mean, look to each your own. Oh Joe, I'm not everybody's cup of tea. I understand that Gills not everybody's cup of tea. Even with the kind of money, even with the kind of finances you found your mate, Brail, even with Gills in our finance, we understand that some people like I don't care how much he can have a billion dollars. I ain't rocking with you, and that's okay. I can have a different perspective than a man. That's okay. I don't think any less of her. I don't think any more of myself. But people like well, just because I didn't agree with everything she said, Oh, you trying to invalidate her? No, probably ain't nobody trying to invalidate her.
Speaker 4: Experience, you know, and I think about it. Yeah, you single too, No, no, no, oh?
Speaker 2: I got a lot of ladies a line. Yeah, like I heard you say, you got to on the on the frigerator. You got a sex dates?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah with the missions. Yeah, we we have we have a schedule. I mean she can't just jump, she can't mount me when she wants to.
Speaker 2: We got to stay.
Speaker 4: We got to stick to that schedule because I'm not available every day.
Speaker 2: I got a schedule too, Just who's coming over, which day, which week.
Speaker 4: That's live, that's live.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm still I'm still working on ship, still working on Uncle. I'm trying to get Uncle, trying to get Uncle. Woman. He done turned down everybody out of the office.
Speaker 2: Ah a a my schedule list, anything to end with a why Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. That's the Oh you woke up at the ball, because that's what you do. You ask him early. I'm a morning person. Okay, now remember, oh you remember what you said. So two or three o'clock in the morning, when we try to gay, we try to get head, you said you was a morning person. They don't even my should have told that. That's all my basket is for. It's not like I'm gonna ask you to go walk the dog. I'm just trying to see. They gotta put up so you know when I'm over there, don't be doing this. Don't do ain't no mosquito, ain't no mosquito. Oh no, he need to be on that that seeking systerm wise, he multiple he won't one to go through all that gruesome pain. Nah, nobody can do that five days a week, three times. No, no, no no, But I'm just no, no, no, no no, I'm just no no. That that ain't what I'm not. It's not every day. But I'm just saying because just like when you ask me for something, I might not get it for you every time, but more times than not, you ask, you shall receive. Yeah, So when I come when I say, hey, that's all, I'm nobody. Your age got time for all that, all right?
Speaker 1: So look, you don't dating this age bracking now, you know what I told him? He needs a date women like in their fifties.
Speaker 2: Three or four of them, right, and we're gonna just rotate them. Yourna cast you just about two fifty two fifty, Uh, I think an hour or a night. I probably am throwing something. There's a two fifty fifty dollars, fifty for the night, twenty fifty dollars for the night.
Speaker 4: That that ain't bad.
Speaker 2: That's that's a good deal. I need to get I need to have somebody here. I got too many, I got too much overhead. I got a slister, I got a brother, I got a mob, I got three kids, a grand kid plus, I got a staff. Oh no, man, I got that boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a thirty five.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if you want them. I don't you want.
Speaker 4: No, No, they cost thirty five. I don't know if you Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you said that thirty five. I said, okay, now you're in a spot.
Speaker 4: Now, what took that?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, they might come in there coffing. You don't want those up. You know.
Speaker 4: You get That's what I'm saying, y'all. Y'all shot out, man, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just allergies. I'm like, hold on, what you mean allergies? Man, ain't no allergies. Ain't no allergab jaguary.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure. I'm gonna make sure, y'all.
Speaker 1: You gotta understand right now, y'all working at y'all, y'all walking to y'all, purpose right, you're comfortable being alone right now? You got everything in the world going on, Like Gil, You're comfortable being alone even though you got your you know, you got your rotation wherever you got going on. So right now, y'all walking to y'all purpose authentically, y'allselves, y'all at eighty percent, y'all, eighty percent. You can't get no higher than eighty percent. Right, God said a man that finding a wife, find it a good thing. Your other twenty percent to complete you as a man is your wife. And you ain't gonna never y'all are gonna never have grace in favor until you get a wife. So I'm gonna find somebody for y'all. That's that's my that's my message for the day.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, that was very that was very touchy.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. I appreciate it. I got y'all though, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: As long as you calls about two fitty O, I'm in. But in my in my situation, oh Joe, is that everything everything that you do, oh Joe, is that you do to have options. You want to be of a situation. If I want to go, I don't want to be relegated to have a vacation where I got a stay in the States. I want to have options if I want to go to Italy, if I want to go to Africa, if I want to go to Europe. I want to be able to do that. Gil same thing says you can, you can, why I can't? So don't try to just say, hey, Shannon, you got to have a fifty year old I want options.
Speaker 4: Okay, I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You could get a car, Hey, you could get a car with no options. But I want all the bill. Okay, I want a little refrigerator in the back. You know what I'm saying. Yep, I want that. I don't need it, just okay, I want all the options on when the last time you bought a car that didn't have all the options? I bet you got all the options little rail.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what she got on there.
Speaker 2: She paid for that, but yeah, you know you that.
Speaker 4: Even the breadwinner.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to understand why you think I even paid for it when she's the one making the money.
Speaker 4: I'm just here doing nightcap.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. I know I know what I pay you, and hey and I and I know if we and we as we start to get go further and further, you're gonna be like, what's what's up? Like huh? I was like, hey, you got you gotta you got hey, you gotta get you gotta find you to bring up for more people who show you. Gotta find somebody else to get a podcast or we give somebody.
Speaker 4: Get get what you said?
Speaker 2: He I hear you your house husband?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's the only that's the only reason I settled down. I want to plan a Gil. But it's different when you find when they got some money, it's different, Like I I don't even know how to ask, Like, what you mean you don't need nothing this month?
Speaker 2: You could you give it?
Speaker 1: I'm getting the allowance, Gil. I ain't never been in no situation where I get allowance.
Speaker 2: What hey, I've been trying to I've been trying to get some of them. Uh. You know they get divorced and they take half the money.
Speaker 4: Right, I've been trying. Yeah, try to try. Watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you don't be perfect for you, Gil. Ms mackenzie Jeff Bezos x huh Jeff Bezos ex wife Ms mckinn don't.
Speaker 2: She don't have no ass though, but but she got money. I got a little I got a little this, I got a little bit staying this right ass little y'all, I got it, Okay, I'm good now, you know what, but that that ain't but that ain't really how we That's not how we're wired. They're normally wired like that. I mean you're wired like that. Now. I think I think that trauma that you go through because you said that forty thousand buck you see they different, you see think different. Now I'm past that store. Oh Joe, Oh Joe, he's about to come out of that store. You still smack down being you spacked them in that store, So it definitely changes your way of thinking.
Speaker 1: I think she would be perfect for you, though, Gil she'd be I mean, you're you're, you're different than what she used to dealing with. I think you could bring a little bit excitement to her life as opposed to what she's used to dealing with. I think I think that that would be good. I'm not sure how to hook y' all up. I mean, I don't even know how you even get in contact with someone of that type of status. But I mean, I'm sure she might see this, so good luck.
Speaker 2: I probably d m her. She probably don't check her d m uh man. Okay. Laney Ray says, if you three were if three of you competed in the bar Olympics, pool, darks, beer pong.
Speaker 4: Who I don't drink. I know I'm gonna win darts and pool.
Speaker 2: I'm not losing.
Speaker 4: No, no, no pool, I'm not don't do don't do that.
Speaker 2: I listen. I'm the only man to be eras the magician. See, you don't even know who eff Ras is. So you're gonna talk about Minnesota fans. You're gonna talk about No, I'm talking about Effron Rails the magician. I beat him.
Speaker 4: Sure what a foot of jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got You got your own bath pool stick?
Speaker 2: They called you, call you boy George's wing.
Speaker 4: He lied, he just lie.
Speaker 1: We're a pool stick at show me your pool. If you ain't got your own pool stick, I know you can't play no pool.
Speaker 2: I beat you with I beat you with with a That's what I beat you with.
Speaker 4: Why for one?
Speaker 1: I had a dark boy growing up in growing up in the house. I had a pool table growing up in the house, and I had a ping pong table.
Speaker 2: Them three games.
Speaker 4: Ain't none of you nobody in the chat. Nobody beat me period.
Speaker 2: I beat you in dark now beer, I don't drink.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Gil, you're gonna have to put gill look at win beer bong, but pooling darts already know that's that's that's that's a little basketball to me right there, boom boom darks. Nah, I'm sorry, I'm not that good. It ain't like that. I am that is always dark and by route I hit number bulls. I mean, heyne hey, I'm the best two ball champion in the nation. Mm hmm, think about that. That's the careports. Have you heard what I said? You know you could play eight ball, nine ball, five ball, but don't worry about it. I mean you, I mean you'll be driving your carter bar. You're like, damn, I know what.
Speaker 4: I'm with you when you're right. I'm with you when you're right. Hey, can can that be a special edition?
Speaker 2: Spell where OO tried to spell out the names of some of these European basketball.
Speaker 4: Player don't want no smoke.
Speaker 1: We already did that. We already did that. I couldn't spell nobody except Pascal Siakam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, faints said Hello, gentlemen, I have a bet for oo ocho by a plain Hamburger and a small fry for McDonald's. Don't eat it, leave it, leave it on your calendar for thirty days. If it decomposes, I'll cash out you two hundred dollars. If it does not, you have to quit McDonald's for thirty dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: And if I buy McDonald's, I'm gonna eat it right there on the spot, whether it decomposes or not. The body, the stomach has ascids that can break down a rubber tire if necessary.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying. I ain't trying to see. I tried. I tried to see, I tried to eat no time.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just trying to give her a better understanding on what the stomach has and possesses it inside that can break down any and everything, no matter what research or member, no matter what they put out there, no matter what you watch on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Child, it don't mean you know nothing, because if it can pass the FDA, you.
Speaker 2: Can eat it. Yeah, A lot of things you eat, I ain't trying to that ain't pass the FBA. You I know something you eat all the time and they passt eight. You know, I want to go get my teeth cleaned. I went to go give my teeth. This is why this is why women just they just ain't right. Oh, okay, what the clean today? Got a deep cleanse right? I told the girl, hey, man, just got out, got my teeth clean. And then you know what, she tried to ask me to what you're going to?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Didn't I just tell you I spent about two grand cleaning my teeth.
Speaker 4: Damn to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got money I with you, Gil You mean to tell me I can't have I can't have a clean mile for twenty four hours god days when it's black build back up. I need something to fight all that ginger fit that you got down going on and got down. I just got him clean.
Speaker 4: Two thousand.
Speaker 2: Hey o Joe, oh Joe, you remember we used to get our car clean and you got to Hey, you can't drive it that that you got to have for man, you gotta keep it clean for me.
Speaker 4: At it. You're gonna stare at us for a minute too, cause I put the armor all the time.
Speaker 2: Remember we have to think shin and put the arm all the time. Had I think glipping and hold on. I gotta let me just let me just let it keep me eat clean for like one day too, I mean cheesing like y'all just yah shout them all trying to miss it work. I don't know about y'all, but you know what, this was really fun tonight. I hope you chat. I hope y'all really like it. I hope y'all like this because it was a rarity that we were able. We were able to get a get all three of us on. But there's something if y'all like it, y'all need to comment and say y'all like this so we can do this again. Please make sure you subscribe, hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, and thank you, thank you for for sticking with us for so long. Please make sure you go vote for the short Awards. We want our heart. We've been we've been racking up on the awards. God, we've been really good, which tells us that you really like the content that we've been creating. And thank you. That's the best way that we know that we're doing well is because we're winning and your guys are continuously supporting us. So please make sure you vote for us for the Shorty Awards. Have we pinted at the top of the chat? Okayn, we pin it? Okay, we pinned at the top of the chat, so please make sure you go out and support us. Thank you guys for selling out Shade by La Portier, and thank you even more for your patience. We have it, we're gonna get it back, and we're gonna have it back and we're taking pre orders. And I just talked to one of my partners today and we should we should have cleaned cleared out a lot of the back order we had about well they said we cleared about twelve thousand of the back order.
Speaker 1: So many that, ma'am, that's what. That's what I don't need to I need to create me. I need to create me a new product.
Speaker 4: You got ziggalls sold out. They people bought them all, so I gotta wait, what.
Speaker 2: Will get more coming?
Speaker 4: And it's coming, you know it's.
Speaker 1: It's listen when they order, I start rolling. So now supplying the man Now, I gotta Oh, I got to do it by bulk nine, so I got to do it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Thank you guys. Again. You can listen to the Nightcap podcast feed through the Club shay Shape, but we would greatly appreciate it if you signed up and listen to the Nightcap podcast feed. Also like and subscribe to Gill's a rental channel on YouTube. He has a show that airs live every Monday through Thursday at eleven thirty am. That's Gill's a rental channel on YouTube. It show airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am. You can also subscribe to Gill's personal page on YouTube, no Chill Gill. That's Gill's personal page on YouTube. YouTube no Chill Gill. Let's get those subs up. He's trying to get to a million. The Thundertake a two old series Lead one one ninety two over the Pelicans and Miami, Go on the Road, Go into Boston and win by ten one eleven to one on one. That series is now headed back to Miami tied one one. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle, Shanna Sharp, He's your favorite Number eighty five, rob Runner Extraordinaire, Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree, Pro Bowler, All Pro, Liberty City's own Chad o Cho, Senko Risotto, Ephen Johnson, and he's your favorite Number zero Arizona Wildcat Legend Wizard All Star Gilbert Abbachi Arenas thanks for joining US Ocho and I back tomorrow night with our JAFT with our draft analysis, and uh thanks for joining us Rob