Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. This is the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for finding us.
Speaker 2: On a weekend. Yeah, on a weekend, and this.
Speaker 3: Is just a little treat. Okay.
Speaker 1: When it says classic, these are ones that we have dug up from the vault because we have done thousands of second games, so.
Speaker 4: You maybe probably have not even heard these ones.
Speaker 5: Black people are always think they're new, and we're like, that's a classic.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of you guys have bing these, but not everyone is as.
Speaker 1: Committed as you yet totally, it's definitely split fifty to fifty. I mean, no matter what, we just hope that you enjoy this. We've got two back to back to just make sure that you get all your tasks, all your chores done with one pod.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: You can't get your stuff done without us. Yes, you know it. That's right.
Speaker 3: So it all starts right now.
Speaker 5: I will say there's not much that really rattles Brook anymore because four hundred years of radio experience, she's seen and done pretty much everything.
Speaker 4: Oh say it again, Jah, she was ir when Station one start.
Speaker 5: Well that's what she thought till today when she was put in the most dramatic, uncomfortable situation of her entire radio career.
Speaker 3: You are even exaggerating.
Speaker 5: All because our listener said, Brook, please, you need to talk to this person for me.
Speaker 3: But I don't have boundaries, so I didn't say no.
Speaker 5: And I probably should have. Did Brook handle it with poison class or did she crumble under the immense pressure. You're gonna find out when we do your second date update right after this second date update. We've heard of people getting stood up at the start of the date. Yeah, just never showing.
Speaker 3: It's not cool, feels so bad.
Speaker 5: I've been stood up at the end of a date where night's over, we say goodbye, and then they just leave that. Oh you're standing at the door, so rude.
Speaker 3: That's the events.
Speaker 5: At least linger for a second before you run away. But it's a whole different thing to get stood up while you're still in the middle of a date.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people go into the bathroom and then yeah, but.
Speaker 5: This is different. This isn't like an excuse yourself to the bathroom mid dinner, then slip out the back situation. This one's more personal. Apparently that's what happened to one of our listeners Dana recently, so let's talk to her. Dana, I'm sorry to hear this happen to you. How you doing I'm.
Speaker 7: Not doing well. I'm a little piss off right now.
Speaker 5: To be honest, it's understandable.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even really get how whatever you're describing happened.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking one of those on me at the second bar. Let's drive separate see it ever, to learn more.
Speaker 5: About what happened on this date, Dana tell us the situation.
Speaker 7: So I got stood up on a vacation dates.
Speaker 3: A vacation date, like when you met somebody at a resort, you.
Speaker 7: Mean, not particularly. I had met this guy, Sean on one of the apps. I don't know if it was travel mode or you know, his search options were everywhere, but we connected. Okay, he's super cute, he's athletic, all of.
Speaker 4: Us on the app.
Speaker 7: Just so you know, well, I had a high hope. Okay, good and honestly, like we really got along. We were talking a lot, We're even talking on the phone. And after a couple of weeks he he wanted to fly me to LA which is where he.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, is that like a green flag for you or are you worried about that?
Speaker 7: Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you done it before?
Speaker 7: I haven't. At first, I was a little scared, but it was also kind of thrilling to me to be a close like kind of felt romantic.
Speaker 2: I've heard both like amazing stories and horror and.
Speaker 5: It's a red flag that his entire family is waiting at the air I'm just assuming that's how it went. I don't know, though, Yeah, did you go?
Speaker 3: Did you get on the plane?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I took the invitation, but obviously I was feeling nervous, like, how was I going to go about this? You know, I it I didn't know him. I wasn't going to stay at his house as.
Speaker 4: To get you a hotel or did you offer for you to stay in his place? There's two big differences here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I mean I set the boundary pretty quickly, and he offered to get me a hotel room.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear them. You see him?
Speaker 7: So it all turned out really well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, I mean like when I finally met him, he looked like his photos. We hung out all day long. He showed me around the city.
Speaker 3: That's so cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had a nice dinner. We went dancing. I felt like it was a really good date. We got along really well. He was really easy to talk to.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, well, I don't understand then, because at the start you said you're really pissed, So how does that emotion come into play?
Speaker 7: Well, because the next day, after this great date, we had plans to go to this really nice lunch place. It's really hard to get into, and I was really excited about it. And that morning I was hanging out, I went on to the pool and I texted him. You know, I was just trying to be like, let's feed up early. That's hard to get into. You know, I don't live here, so I don't know how long it's going to take to get anywhere. And he didn't respond at all.
Speaker 9: No no response, Oh man, are you like I would be kind of like, oh, something must have happened, you know what I mean, Like, you wouldn't assume that somebody would fly you all the way out there and then just.
Speaker 5: Not did she right? Yeah? Did you ask?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So I texted him again, there's still no response. I ended up getting an uber and going to the restaurant. He didn't show.
Speaker 3: Up, Oh my gosh, And.
Speaker 7: I text him again, like where is he and asking him straight up if he's pitching me, and did he ever respond? He responded later that evening and he said, I'm sorry I've been unresponsive. I've had some devastating news.
Speaker 1: Oh god, did he share? I mean god, I mean that's a pretty good excuse.
Speaker 7: He did not share.
Speaker 5: That's too vague.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like my favorite sports team loses, I'm devastating.
Speaker 3: You assume really bad, like someone in the family died, or like he got fired or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you immediately believe him. As soon as he says devastating news, he gets a free passage.
Speaker 2: Are you the word devastating?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like vocabulary.
Speaker 3: You don't give him the benefit of the doubt in that moment.
Speaker 5: Never never give them the benefit of the doubt. We will take advantage every time.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: I at least would say, well, I hope no one passed away or whatever you're going through, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm here for you, and then he should say something next.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, yeah, what happened. Where did the conversation go from there?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I didn't hear from him after that, and I just decided to fly. I probably out the next day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't hear from him, and I'm really wondering, like, what in the world happened?
Speaker 3: And if you still haven't heard from him.
Speaker 7: No, And it's really confusing. And this is why I'm pissed. It's because we had such a great date that it makes no sense that he would just, you know, say there's devastating news, not share with me what it is. And then he stood me up. Yeah, how oh, this has been two and a half weeks.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you flew into a new city, he met you at the hotel.
Speaker 3: Did you ever see his house?
Speaker 7: No? I didn't, but I didn't want to see a house.
Speaker 3: I just wondering if maybe there's like a second family.
Speaker 1: Or a family he's married, or you know, like, yeah, I just I mean, there's so much you don't know about this guy.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 7: I did my preliminary Google search of this person. I didn't find anything about a second family, but you know that doesn't mean that doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: Did you check the local papers about any devastating news that could have been.
Speaker 4: Devastation column?
Speaker 3: I love that column.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you checked the news.
Speaker 5: Why don't you google some devastating information in the Los Angeles area and when we come back. I don't think a whole lot of bad stuff happens there. But when we come back, we'll try and get you your second date update with with the guy who stood you up in the middle of your vacation date right after this hold on second date update when a person you're on a date with doesn't contact you for a few days and then finally replies with sorry, I just received some devastating news but doesn't elaborate. Should that be a red flag? The ladies in the room surprisingly said no, I think you need to hear the person believe him. They said, men don't lie about devastating news.
Speaker 3: Benefit of a doubt, Jeff, that was my exact words.
Speaker 5: Tomato, tomato.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Lexus gives him credit just for using a big word with lots of letters.
Speaker 2: You can't lie if you're saying devastating.
Speaker 4: So what is it sending him flowers and flying him to her?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: I feel so mad?
Speaker 5: That's so kind. Bottom line is Dana was left hanging in the middle of a vacation dating. The guy flew her ound to La and now he hasn't even responded to her for two weeks after he just ditched her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's wild. I think that he's got a wife and kids.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, it's not just devastating. You would have elaborated.
Speaker 1: Days later, he's saying, She's like all the devastating news, the kids are still.
Speaker 3: In this house.
Speaker 5: That would be tragic. So understandably, Dana wants answers here. We're gonna call him. His name is Sean, right, Dana, Yeah, okay, I just want to make sure we have that.
Speaker 3: And how mad are you are you? Because you said you were. I'm just wondering at what point you're gonna yell at him?
Speaker 7: I mean, if we can get him on the phone and I can talk to him like my time is valuable. I came to a different city to see him, like, I him a paper of your wife.
Speaker 4: Are gone because of him?
Speaker 3: You got a good story. Yeah, you do it for the plot.
Speaker 2: Probably nice into stories you were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's not like we got nothing out of this trip, but hopefully we can at least get some resolution for you, assuming he answers the phone. So I'm gonna dial it right now.
Speaker 7: Good luck.
Speaker 3: All right, they never wished us luck?
Speaker 5: Sweet here we go.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi?
Speaker 5: Is this sorry? We're looking for Sean? Sean there, No, he's out for a run.
Speaker 7: Can I take a message for you?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well well hold on?
Speaker 1: Well okay, I think we just need to ask who's this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's this?
Speaker 7: Who is this?
Speaker 6: Or there's several of you.
Speaker 5: Well, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Is this Shawn's number?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Did he sign up for something?
Speaker 4: Are you a family member of Seawan's?
Speaker 6: I mean you could say that.
Speaker 5: What do you mean like you're a sister?
Speaker 7: I'm his wife? Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, right, so Hi, sorry to bother you. You were radio show. Do you mind if we put you on hold for a second?
Speaker 7: I mean, okay, I don't have all the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we'll be right back to you. Just hold on. Can we put her on hold? Yeah? Okay, we got her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: All right, So.
Speaker 2: That to be the truth.
Speaker 1: I was like, worst case scenario.
Speaker 4: I thought you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: We're kind of called it here. Not it's not an entire second family, or maybe it is.
Speaker 3: What my wife is a second is the family?
Speaker 5: There might be kids there too, but we have at least got a wife, Dana. Dana, how are you feeling? Are you?
Speaker 7: How am I supposed to respond to this?
Speaker 3: Do you want to tell her?
Speaker 5: Or are you still in on Sean? We don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the first time we will not be offering a second date at the end.
Speaker 4: We can't do this.
Speaker 7: No, this is awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: First, I have been cheated on before, and the fact that knowing now that I might be a participant in somebody else's affair infuriated.
Speaker 3: Do you want to tell her? Do you want to talk to her? And can we do that? Because I don't want to tell her.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, it's not surprising because unfortunately a lot of guys do end up doing stuff like this. But how do we want to handle this? Because there's really, in my mind, there's three options for us to go here. Number one, we just hang up, We leave it alone, hands off.
Speaker 3: Of it, the coward's way out.
Speaker 5: I'm not opposed to it. Number two wouldn't be Number two, have Dana speak to the wife and fill her in on the truth about what's happening.
Speaker 3: She's to do it calmly. If she's gonna do that, it's.
Speaker 5: Not gonna happen, or we go option three, my favorite, have Brooke speak to the white for Dana. Brook has been dying to let her rage out onto some sort of you.
Speaker 2: Do your kids cheating? Don't you want to help?
Speaker 4: And when we started the call, you literally asked, when you're gonna yell at him? You can do it?
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: I think that if Brook can set this up, I think speak to her. But I don't want to. I just don't want to come in and my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good choice, Dana. I feel like this is gonna be really emotional for you. So it's good to have Brooke, who's notoriously even keel.
Speaker 3: The opposite of even you can the marriage.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: We are not breaking up this marriage. That man is the one that broke up his mag Absolutely fine, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's gonna really, You're gonna really do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, somebody has to. This woman has to.
Speaker 7: Know Brook, tell her the truth.
Speaker 4: Come on, I got your back here.
Speaker 5: Excuse devastating news. Let's make it a real.
Speaker 2: Thing word for me forever.
Speaker 5: Now, all right, let's punch the wife back up. Okay, Hello, Hello, Hey, sorry about that. So we are back and actually my co host Brooke would like to speak with you.
Speaker 3: I didn't get your name. What's your name, Niki? Hi, Nikki.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty name.
Speaker 3: So you're probably wondering why we're calling.
Speaker 1: How we got your husband's phone number. I'm gonna tell you not great news on that front. Okay, because the reason we have your husband Sean's phone number is because we do a segment on our show called the Second Date.
Speaker 5: Update, typically very fun segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So typically people go on a first date and when they aren't getting a call back from that person, and then we call and find out why, Like what did they do wrong on the date?
Speaker 5: They were a funny hat?
Speaker 3: Does that make sense, Snicky?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's.
Speaker 1: Why we got your husband's phone number. We didn't realize he was a husband. Your husband apparently flew another woman into Los Angeles to take her out for a romantic time.
Speaker 7: Yeah okay, I mean we trade off weeks, we do stuff with other people. I don't really that's any of your business.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wait wait wait yeah, that's fine. Are you in an open relationship?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Relieved?
Speaker 5: I am relieve.
Speaker 7: I thought Nikky, I was giving you the whole world and you were going to add your marriage.
Speaker 1: But it turns out when you're saying you have an agreement with your husband to like just date other people?
Speaker 5: Yeah, could you pass some of the is that all? Could you write down some of how that how that works to open your marriage because Brook might want to know.
Speaker 7: I am not talking you through this.
Speaker 6: Can I go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Can you hear my heart beat over the radio?
Speaker 6: Very work out?
Speaker 3: I was so nervous.
Speaker 5: You know, Nikki, thank you so much. We don't want to steal any more of your time and we really appreciate you sharing with us. Have a great day, Okay, great, tell your husband Sean, what's up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is one of those the more you know, the more you know, and it's like.
Speaker 4: You don't want to know, but when you know, you're like, oh, thank goodness.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Nicky's gone. Hey, Dana, good news. Yeah, you didn't break up a marriage.
Speaker 4: You're one of many women.
Speaker 7: My jaw.
Speaker 4: I forgot. She was so great.
Speaker 1: I'm taking it that Sean didn't let you know that he was in an open, open relationship.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think really important information you probably could seems like pre date info.
Speaker 2: I know it was devastating. He had his weekends mixed up. Yes, it was his turn.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it wasn't part of the rules that he had to disclose to other people's in a marriage. Anyway, we are running short on time here, Dana, so I would love to ask, would you go on another date with Sean when he comes back from his run with Brock or something. We'll pay for that.
Speaker 3: How about a girls night me for some cocktails?
Speaker 5: Okay, I was obligated just to offer. That's just what I have to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I've never been so relieved at polyamory.
Speaker 8: And freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Textboard is blowing up right now at seventy five nine two with people saying his wife answered exclamation question mark and she's totally cool with it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I who did not I have that on my bingo card nor these.
Speaker 4: I think it was more dramatic for Brook than anyone on the phone.
Speaker 1: I think the person dating the husband is thinking, Okay.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: These are the types of wholesome good news stories that you just don't hear about in the news anymore. That's right, jeff I hope kt LA runs a story tonight local married man dates two dozen women, wife is thrilled Disney movie Oh Man, happy ending today sort of. Hopefully we can help make your love life less devastating. If you email the show, we can call that person who's not calling you back. And by the way, while you're at it, go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts. Yeah at Brook and Jeffrey Brook.
Speaker 8: And Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Certain topics in the dating world are just considered taboo. Just don't bring them up because you're playing with fire, like religion, xes you're fetish for hot tubbing clowns. Don't don't mention it, even though chances are she'd probably be into it. Save her not to talk about it. I'm sure it would go great, but just don't do it. And I've never seen this particular topic mentioned on any do not mention list, but maybe we should add it because one of our listeners spent the entire night talking about it with his date and our reaction was yikes, no surprise, he needs our help. In your second date update, right after this second date updated, imagine the one person you had a huge crush on years ago where you were always into them, but nothing happened. Fast forward, and what if that old crush from your past suddenly walked back into your life.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so exciting.
Speaker 3: You have your chance get you're talking about.
Speaker 1: It's great second chances.
Speaker 3: Okay, you blew your shot the first time, and now you get a do over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the question. Do you take Jose's approach and say, well, past is past and just approach it as friends, or do you take a chance.
Speaker 3: I've never not taken it.
Speaker 2: Tell you your.
Speaker 5: Current spouse and all three of your children, and you just go for it.
Speaker 3: Please, you're telling me we have a married person.
Speaker 8: On the phone.
Speaker 5: Happiness too, Brooke. Always remember you're talking about me. One of our listeners had an accidental run with an old love interest of his and now he's come to us for some help. His name is Jason. Jason. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Jason, as my fingers that you're single, buddy.
Speaker 6: I am all right.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, off to a good start.
Speaker 4: Exadly we would have probably kept going. Yes, conscious feel better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So apparently you ran into some sort of old love interest from your past. Tell us about her.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a it's a girl that I used to work with. Her name's Cassy. And you know, I must have asked her out half a dozen times, you know, back when we worked together.
Speaker 5: Oh you did?
Speaker 3: You did shoot your shot a lot for the shot?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 6: She kind of always acted like she thought I was joking, you know what I mean, like she didn't take it seriously.
Speaker 1: Well that she was probably doing that to save your feelings.
Speaker 6: Maybe it didn't feel good either way.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was her response always?
Speaker 6: Well, she always would just be like, oh, you're so funny, or you know, we worked together, you know that sort of thing. And well then she left, right she got a different job about seven years ago, and I guess roughly a week ago I ran into her at Target. Okay, I was like, hey, you know, and you know, we kind of shared some old inside jokes and caught up. You know, how you you.
Speaker 3: Didn't just ask her out right there?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if you're the reason she switched off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, you're getting ahead of me, because I did. I did ask her out.
Speaker 2: Oh you did.
Speaker 6: I didn't really mean to even ask her out, like on a date date, because initially she was like hesitant, and I was like, let's just go get some drinks, you know, catch up just like friends. And yeah, and we did.
Speaker 1: And uh, okay, did you say just like friends when you proposed this? Uh?
Speaker 6: Not really? I was like, it's just drinks, all right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Is there a way to make make drinks just friends? Like I just want to go out for friend drinks with you know?
Speaker 1: I just I was wondering if that's what he said to her when when he asked her out, because then obviously we know why she isn't friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, right, right, Well I kind of did it in the way that I guess just as friends unless you say yes and minutes more, you know what I mean that that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, leave the door open for whatever possibilities happened that night, that's okay.
Speaker 6: And so she takes me up on it, gives me your number, I get, we get a The date didn't really go all that well because I was nervous.
Speaker 3: Oh you're up in your head?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Oh yeah, I was so on my head. So like the one reference I had of us together and like knew was that target. So I just kept talking about stuff that I found at Target.
Speaker 5: Oh god, well, hold on, Like, maybe there's some good stuff you found.
Speaker 1: If you talked about Yeah, but I'm guessing that he's not going to Target for the fun stuff men go for, like vitamins and cream.
Speaker 4: You're so right.
Speaker 5: What did you find there, Jason?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I mean I found lots of stuff from household items to cereals that they don't have at my regular grocery store.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, secret cereals is a hot topic.
Speaker 4: I love cereal back off.
Speaker 1: That sucks too, because you've spent seven years going over in your head what you would have done differently, and then your moment comes and all you can talk about is cereals at targets.
Speaker 4: It does sound that.
Speaker 5: Target would be happy with that, though, like they would consider that a major romantic win.
Speaker 6: You might be overselling it a little bit. I wouldn't say that I've spent like the last seven years, like constantly thinking about that. Okay, just like what I saw or was like this is perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, that's good. I don't I don't think that sounds like a total disaster of a day. It's just one funny moment.
Speaker 6: Look, she was laughing. She acted like she was interested in what I was saying.
Speaker 2: So she acted That's the keyword there, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like she laughed at every other joke that he made when he asked her out, Jason, is.
Speaker 5: It possible that she was just like pretending to be interested and have more fun than she really was.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I will say that I was definitely a lot more confident in how well it went before this conversation.
Speaker 5: We do have that effect on people, So don't look at yourself for that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: She gave me the normal laughs and asking questions, even about different stuff, and so I thought she was interested. And I shot her at the text message the next day like, hey, had a lot of fun yesterday, would you like to hang out again sometime? And she just responded with that's not how this works.
Speaker 5: That's not how what works.
Speaker 6: I don't well, I don't know what this is.
Speaker 5: Was did you ask her? She meant yeah, I was like, well, not.
Speaker 6: How what works? And she just has not responded at all.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want to get into it.
Speaker 3: She's like, she's like, he's an idiot.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's like saying that's not how this works, Like this isn't a romantic situation that's developing here.
Speaker 3: Could I hope yeah, just yeah.
Speaker 5: It depends on how you read it. You could take it different ways. The only way to know is to actually reach out to Cassie or she's like, that's how this works. You need to have a ring buddy with the target. But okay, so how long has it been.
Speaker 6: It's been a week?
Speaker 3: Okay, okayount of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's reach out to her and find out what she means and hopefully get you out on another hot target date with her when we come back to do your second date update right after this second date update. If you go out on a date and text them afterwards asking them out again, they write back, that's not how they works. What does that mean? You know?
Speaker 3: But when you say it like that, it sounds like a threat.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, it's a mystery. Does it mean you texted too soon? Does it mean we're not a romantic thing at all?
Speaker 3: Do you mean that you need to try harder?
Speaker 5: Does it mean you need to read the prologue of the Da Vinci Code upside down at exactly noon in the shadow of the Chrysler building and the answer will reveal itself to you. How did you say, Wow, I'm just throwing out a guest there. We're hoping to find out because this one's a little bit different. Jason, our listener has known the girl whereabout to call, going back years. They used to work together, asked her out many times until she finally said yes. The other day at Target, went out on one date, and afterwards he got that strange, mysterious text. That's not how this works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because you said you were so nervous, but she sounds so confident.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I felt like I was doing okay because she was laughing, smiling, and then when she didn't respond, I was I started questioning everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't call it a date, like she might not know it's a date.
Speaker 3: Let's get some answers, Jeff, get that Da Vinci codebook out.
Speaker 5: And we're going to be very very clear with her. We're going to say a romantic date the Hawkeye recently yes, with lots and lots of kissing, in.
Speaker 3: Action, any of that.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying for the next one, we're going to make sure it's very clear that he's not in the friend zone.
Speaker 2: We ask I'm sorry, We're gonna go.
Speaker 5: We're gonna send you out on a romantic hot date.
Speaker 6: Don't scare her. This sounds more awkward than I was by myself.
Speaker 3: Well, you know this show, Jason.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 5: We'll try and dial it back just a little bit. But I'm calling her right now. Hopefully she answers. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're We're gonna speak with Cassie.
Speaker 7: This is her.
Speaker 5: Hey, Sorry, sound weird Therehi Cassie, Good morning. This is a whole radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh my GOSHU Hi, Okay, wait, do you know the show?
Speaker 7: I kind of like, what is happening?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a second date update. We heard that you went out recently to drinks with one of our listeners named Jason. An old I'm not gonna say that an old coworker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why answer like that.
Speaker 7: I feel like that's kind of between him and me.
Speaker 3: Well, he he is clueless, so I don't think anything is between.
Speaker 7: You and him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we heard that you guys went out the other day, and we just want to know how it went from your perspective.
Speaker 3: Like, were you excited?
Speaker 5: Do you have a good time?
Speaker 6: I mean, like I guess like the date was okay, But I just.
Speaker 7: Feel like, I don't know, that's just like more of a me and him thing.
Speaker 6: To talk about.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What is well?
Speaker 7: I've been like putting it off because I don't really know how to say it to him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, have you had a crush on him for years and you finally want to tell him?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: What I got there's definitely one thing that you were pinpointing, like there's something that he did wrong. I mean I think he should now Okay, look, Cassie, I normally don't do this, and we'd usually find out a little bit more before I tell you that he's on the phone listening, but he is. What? Yeah there, Hi?
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: I don't know. You just haven't said anything for like six days, I guess, so, like what gives? Why won't you talk to me?
Speaker 7: I just I didn't appreciate your text?
Speaker 6: What was what was wrong with the text? Did I say something that was offensive? I just asked if you wanted to hang out?
Speaker 7: It was just a text, Like, Jason, is that really all I am to you? Just a text? No call, not in person, nothing, just a text.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sorry, I just I don't know. I didn't think about going beyond a text, and that's the problem.
Speaker 3: That's what you're supposed to say. No, You're much more than just a text to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to be clinging it.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I like you too much?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I mean did you want me to just show open at your house after us not seeing each other for that long? I just thought it would be the proper way because I wasn't sure, you know, if you wanted another date.
Speaker 7: But like, I feel like I deserve romance and deserve more than that, So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you again? Then?
Speaker 8: Oh? I like that?
Speaker 7: I don't know, can you Okay.
Speaker 5: No pressure here, Jason, you got this.
Speaker 4: And you may want to wait and ask her later.
Speaker 3: Bro, she wants she wants it now.
Speaker 5: Just deliver a super romantic question. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Do you have music?
Speaker 5: You got this? I believe.
Speaker 6: Oh, just let me get it out. Just let me get it out, Cassie. Would you like to go out again?
Speaker 7: Jason? Don't say it like that.
Speaker 3: I mean she set you up. She told you exactly what she needed. Romance.
Speaker 5: Ye, try it again, Jason, more romantic?
Speaker 6: OKAYSI do you want to go out? With me again, no.
Speaker 2: Information about why you like hers.
Speaker 5: Credit for that?
Speaker 7: Do you hear you? Then it's not do you want?
Speaker 6: What is it? It is because I want to.
Speaker 7: But it's will ill.
Speaker 3: Is just like an English thing where we're getting.
Speaker 6: Okay, if I got to say it exactly with the words that you want, okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't hear it from your heart.
Speaker 6: Okay, that is from my heart. Like I've just I've done it so many times. I've asked you, like five times.
Speaker 2: What do you want from this man?
Speaker 1: He told us that he asked you what a dozen half a dozen times when you work together, and you turned him down every time.
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't realize it was such a burden for you to ask me out.
Speaker 4: Jason romantic, but he didn't phrase.
Speaker 5: That very well.
Speaker 3: Know she was this high maintenance. It's a pretty high maintenance.
Speaker 7: Can you just please stay out of our business right now? Like it's not involving you at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sound like such a pleasure.
Speaker 5: We're supposed to try to make a romantic connection.
Speaker 1: He think Jason sounds like a cool dude, you know, like he wants to hang out crying.
Speaker 3: He's doing all the things.
Speaker 5: I'm supporting him, Jason, take some of what Brooks said and use that towards Cassie now.
Speaker 6: As do you want to go out with me? I want to go out with you a lot, a lot, a lot. I just want to know if you do.
Speaker 5: That was the best one yet he put some some more into that emphasis, I'm going to pass.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you had her past twelve time.
Speaker 5: She just wasn't feeling it. She wasn't feeling it like he really really meant it, and it was from the heart. He said that he's.
Speaker 2: Been thinking about her on and off for the last see. No matter what she was gonna say.
Speaker 5: No, what you should have said is I've been pondering about you deeply and romantically.
Speaker 8: Love me.
Speaker 7: I think I've definitely had enough of you strangers commenting on my love life now, so I'm going to hang up on you now by Oh that's our only hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like we should have tried harder to stop her, but I didn't feel like it. She's EXHAUSTI h We're getting a lot of texts in at seven eight, five, nine two saying you actually dodged a bullet by seeing her again.
Speaker 3: That's say a whole missile.
Speaker 5: Can you think maybe you could let it go now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I definitely don't feel like, uh, I don't think there's anything I could do with that. I just I think that there was no possibility and it woul probably would have been better for her to just say no.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: That sounded like it was from your heart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shoo? Should we call her back right now?
Speaker 6: OK?
Speaker 5: Now you're in the.
Speaker 8: Mode brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Does Chris Hemsworth ever have to go through crap like this?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I feel like if you're super good looking, that conversation never comes up. No girl is saying to a hems Worth, O, can you like ask me out like better and like like put some actual heart into it?
Speaker 4: Can I get more accent?
Speaker 1: I'm actually pretty sure they just grunts.
Speaker 5: Yes, And God blessed Jason because he tried the question seven nine different ways whole thing.
Speaker 3: When he gave up, it was almost like she was messing with him.
Speaker 5: It's not Honestly, I know we're supposed to try to help facilitate a connection between these people, but we are all happy that that one did not work out.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he kept trying. Yeah, pick up your dignity. Man, you can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: And if you have problems picking up your own dignity, we can help pick it up for you, at least a little bit. Yeah, email us, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Broke and Jeffrey