Speaker 1: I love that intro. We usually do it and say hi in a little screen and here he is in person. You all star Max months to you with us. Good to see man. How is the trip?
Speaker 2: It was long?
Speaker 3: I got in you know with guy. I got into the hotel four this morning, So it's all right.
Speaker 4: You know, they couldn't have given you, guys like a nine am game to get you out here earlier.
Speaker 2: Your whole team is here. Eh.
Speaker 3: Well that's well they decided. What's the itinerary like for you? Uh well, I got this right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then uh, eat some food and then do all this stuff with the hotel and then head over to the field.
Speaker 3: So it's not much, not much chance to lay down and rest.
Speaker 4: Is it too much for a first time or there's your third time? But is it too much and you can't handle it? Or is it like do people guide you through the whole process.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's I don't think there's such a thing as too much for our first time.
Speaker 3: You know that the whole experience is wonderful.
Speaker 5: You're you're gonna be tired by the end of it, But uh, it's hard, it's really hard to complain about it. It's a it's an awesome experience that uh you know, I hope everyone needs to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Do they do the autographs at the hotel now or they still do them in the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: The last time I did it was still in the clubhouse, So it makes for it makes real longer at the clubhouse sign and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because what people don't understand is you go into a room in the clubhouse and there's.
Speaker 2: Three thousand things you have to sign. Yeah, it's like it is just everything right.
Speaker 4: Wow's bats, jerseys, wine, ball anything they can come up with, and you just just like a production line.
Speaker 3: You just well, they they usually move all the furniture out of the clubhouse and they just filled that with tables.
Speaker 5: So uh, whatever they can put on the table, they'll they'll stick in there, and you got to sign it.
Speaker 4: You have to like, is there somebody that's like Max, I saw you skip to that box, or are they like, we trust that you're going to sign this stuff.
Speaker 2: We trust.
Speaker 4: There's a there's a lit like a roster, and when you're done, you strite your name off for each I mean each day, no for literally there'll be a box of balls or balls and there's a roster.
Speaker 2: When you're done, you just go go dark done. What would you change about this whole process that you'd be like, Man, this would get more guys to show up, This would get more guys.
Speaker 4: To not be exhausted after the two days.
Speaker 2: What would you change since you're a vet of this game now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean the thing that I would change, and it'd be tough to change, is you know, you add add like an extra day in there so that people can get somewhere or not. You know, we're not having five five am checkings, you know, because there was scenes that showed up after us last night. So you know, if there's any way to make it less exhausting, that'd be what I would change. I don't know how you do that, but you know, I think the answer is maybe just adding an extra day?
Speaker 4: Is it would it be better if you had the day before the All Star Game off for you physically? Or would you rather go I'm playing, I'm not even doing anything on Monday that my off deck.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's essentially what's gonna happen today is you know, well we'll have we'll have workout day.
Speaker 5: I guess you call it, but uh, uh, you know, there's not too many guys that we'll go through a full workout. It's more just to eat, to hang out with the guys, watch the home run derby, try to sign all the stuff you need to sign, and you know, just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Did they ask you to the derby? I was never asked would you have done it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have done it.
Speaker 2: You're tired or just going to ruin your swing or what?
Speaker 5: Uh the tired aspect and been healthy this year and I'm trying to keep it that way. You know, I don't want to have the recurring oblique injury pop up because I'm trying to swing too hard for no reason at all.
Speaker 2: You're spelled, no, that's why though. So you're more spelled than you used to. You are looks great, It looks great.
Speaker 4: Dairy Scott No onions, yes, onions.
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard of just like wait, wait, wait wait, there's home mon hitters. You don't eat. That's the key, That's what it is. He's like, I already got forty homers, I went sixty. Who do you think's gonna wedd that?
Speaker 4: If you're gonna watch it, or at least the beginning of it, maybe not the whole thing because it gets late. Who do you think, who do you think has the advantage? I mean one of the one of the hometown guys would be a safe bet. I mean, are you between shorebur or Harper? I think you know one of.
Speaker 3: Those guys is a pretty safe path for this one.
Speaker 6: Many people have this problem. I want to eat healthy.
Speaker 1: I have the willpower, I don't have the time and the organization.
Speaker 6: I need help. What do you do?
Speaker 2: I mean you go to Factor.
Speaker 4: I got two boys that are looking for the games and they always come in.
Speaker 2: The house, which I'm looking for food.
Speaker 4: Now they have actual healthy food that is great for them, and you know what, it's ready in the fridge for them to pop in and make it right away.
Speaker 6: And they have meals built around your goals.
Speaker 1: It could be weight loss, overall nutrition gains more protein, fresh never frozen, over one hundred rotating weekly meals, including globally inspired flavors like Mediterranean and Asian. I get all kinds of different salads from Factor that I love, quick easy. They can be ready in two minutes. Head to Factor meals dot com, slash foul fifty off and use code fou L fifty O f F to get fifty percent off and free daily Greens per box with new subscription only, while supplies last until nine twenty seven, twenty six.
Speaker 2: Will you watch the whole thing?
Speaker 5: We'll see I'm gonna I'm gonna let that decision be made by my kids, you know. So they're gonna come down on the field with me, and that's gonna be a great time. And if they're ready to go, they're ready to go.
Speaker 2: But this is their first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is their first time.
Speaker 2: Are they excited?
Speaker 3: And they're really excited?
Speaker 5: You know, my my daughter's more excited about dressing up for tomorrow than to anything else.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna be a good time. Do they understand like what this all is?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, But they don't need to. It's all right.
Speaker 6: I don't even tell them, like you say, where are we going?
Speaker 5: I mean, we tell them we're going to be also game. But did they understand it's special? But it still understand the full like exactly what it is?
Speaker 2: Right? Like how many?
Speaker 1: How few people get invited to this on the entire planet where anyone that's ever picked up the bat wants to be here?
Speaker 3: They don't grasp like, hey, this is well not personate spot and probably probably still a little too young to fully realize that.
Speaker 4: Do you pick out your outfit? You said your daughter is excited about the outfit? Do you pick out your own outfit and think you're gays?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I don't pick mine out.
Speaker 2: Who picks it out?
Speaker 3: My wife?
Speaker 4: And is it going to match her? Or is she like I just want you to be playing so that I can it is? It is a plane design, but it matches her.
Speaker 2: Now do you have to start planning your outfit?
Speaker 3: Well, again, I didn't plan it, So when did she?
Speaker 2: When did she start planning?
Speaker 4: Come to you for some she's not good, gonna make you show up in something and say, Max.
Speaker 2: You have to wear this.
Speaker 3: A week and a half ago maybe so.
Speaker 2: You found out, Yeah, how did you get a suit that fast?
Speaker 3: We got a guy? Wow, it's a.
Speaker 4: That's true. That look that you have the right carpet. So I didn't care. What is jealousy right now? Because he went and met the pope I don't know if you heard, and he needed a suit and that's the second and that's the second time in the last calendar year, because he did the bb W as to do Drake Baldlin and he was like, I got to get this suck seed on this guy. So he's he's jealous. That was a look of jealousy because he wants people that have connections like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or you got to go to l A.
Speaker 5: There's plenty of people in LA that will make you a suit in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: That's the nursery in LA and Orlando. There's one of many.
Speaker 3: Yes, he Max.
Speaker 6: How excited were you for Robleski that he got the call? Oh?
Speaker 3: Pumped? Yeah, We're all pumped for him. You know, he's for us this first half and he's definitely deserved it. I know, maybe not as many strikeouts as people like for the All Stars, but he.
Speaker 5: Wins his games and ultimately, for me, I care about, you know, the wins, and that's the most important thing to me.
Speaker 2: He found out what two days ago?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yes, he might not have been able to get that might have been a quick turnround, but uh, you know, well we'll see what he's what he goes with.
Speaker 4: So does he send out someone shopping today at Philly to get something for tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe maybe Oshanova took care of him.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I'm sure Janma's got a guy that might have some there.
Speaker 2: Just just not just knock it out real quick. What was that like?
Speaker 4: Because you guys all found out, does Dave do something? Did somebody else on the team announce it in front of everybody?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know?
Speaker 5: Docele held a meeting in the clubhoufs team meeting and then he had all the folders and he just you know, gives a little speeches for each guy and hands out the folders and you know that that's actually a really cool moment for me because I had my son in the locker room during that moment, and you know, i'd I had asked Dave beforehand, say hey, sor right, Wyatt's in there, and so yeah, absolutely, and so when he when he called my name, he actually gave the folder to Wyatt and he wasn't he wasn't let anyone touch that.
Speaker 2: That was that was all his.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 1: That's so one show. Hey, question for you. Did you see him going through this with me for the past month or so? Yeah, I mean he's it's been bugging him. You can you can clear it tell uh, but he he didn't let it bother him at all. You didn't let it affec him. He didn't use it as an excuse. But you know, when he's running the bases, you can you can see him and you can tell okay, and then roster question in terms of who's here. So two for you one Derby. Wise, we had Hunter Goodman on the other day. You faced him plenty, right. I think I don't know what he ended up with, but he was been like top three in Homers the whole year he is on with us. He's like, oh, I'm definitely well. We said you're definitely getting invited. I was someone like that not get invited. He's an All Star, is a catcher. He's on pace for like fifty homers.
Speaker 3: You know, I have no idea. I've no idea how that process works.
Speaker 5: I don't know who boy decided to ask, who they decided to talk to, Like how that comes about. You'd think it would just go off the top home run hitters and you know we're backwards from there, but apparently that's not how they do it. So I have no idea how they make those decisions.
Speaker 4: We talked about it the other day. They invited Cagli, who's not an All Star. I was asking a j because that was never a Big League All Star. Is it more awkward for the Big League All Stars to see a guy that's not in the All Star Game doing in my opinion, their marquee event outside of the game is the derby? Or do you think it's more awkward for Jack to come in or a players just like, yeah, whatever, come on, hit some driggers.
Speaker 3: Well I did it in eighteen and I wasn't an All Star, So.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think it's too awkward for anybody. Okay, I mean, sten my experience, I didn't think it was because if you're the dirty participant, you kind of just show up right before the derby, so you're not involved in the entire day and so, you know, you just you just show up, you get the derby, and then you're out, and uh, you know, I so I don't really think it's that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: If you're not Bundy at all.
Speaker 2: The derby there are two s your uniform.
Speaker 4: You go to the cage and get loose or whatever, do your derby, and then since you're done, you're out. Sorry it's said, you know, it's you come in for.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a hassle. For the guy to come in for one day.
Speaker 5: For me, I didn't think it was that big of a deal because I was going to see family on the East Coast anyways. So but yeah, you come in for one day, really just one hour, get loose, try to hit some try to hit some bombs, and uh, see you later.
Speaker 6: Big second half of the season coming up.
Speaker 1: There might be a hot ticket, a rivalry series, a sold out experience they need to get your hands on, and seek is the spot for that. You can find good good pricing. They help you with the pricing green dot good, red dot not as good. And they help you with your view of the seat for some big matchups coming up in August, September and eventually leading up to playoffs.
Speaker 2: Why would you not use se geek if you want a view from your seat. You want to know if it's a good seat, if it's a good deal. It has all of it on the app.
Speaker 7: It's easy to use. It's one click boom. You buy the tickets, they send them right to you, get them on the app, and then you can go check out whatever game, whatever you're a fan of, if you can go to, whether it's baseball, whether it's concerts, whatever you're into, you can find a ticket and you can always try to find the green dot on sekk.
Speaker 1: And for MLB tickets, you can get ten percent off with that promo codever running all season long Territory one zero. That's territory ten off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your accounts so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 4: My argument is, I think they should have the best home run hitters on the planet. So the point of I don't care if you're an All Star or not. I want to see dudes that can hit dangers with the best of them. So we have even to the point of, like the winner of the triple a home run Derby, like bring in different aspects to the derby that we haven't seen.
Speaker 2: Is that too far?
Speaker 3: Well, they've always had the high school guys in between the rounds.
Speaker 2: Which I think is so cool when you're actually watching it.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I remember Blaze Jordan did it in twenty nineteen. Maybe yeah, I remember seeing him hit balls really sold in Cleveland, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think Bobby Witt did it in ten eighteen.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh they've had a lot. The high schoolers do that.
Speaker 5: It's like the halftime can have a show, right, And so I think in twenty eighteen Bobby did was one of the guys because I remember if I remember talking to them, you know, I lived not too far from them.
Speaker 2: They did on Friday.
Speaker 1: They know they do it to get the two finalists, and then the finalists participate in between.
Speaker 3: They kind of get to hang around the guys. It's really cool and it's fun.
Speaker 1: People get into it because you see like eighteen year rows that are hitting tanks, so it's cool.
Speaker 3: They got those juice metal bats. So it doesn't really count.
Speaker 4: But the kid for that playing with my son, that that was in it. So I don't know if he want I don't know how he did, but he was. I know he was in it, so I should probably.
Speaker 1: Reach out at the top two then he's in. I know, who are you most excited to spend a little bit of time? But is there somebody here? I know, I mean, you got to hang out with so much star power, you've been here before, but is there somebody here where you're like, Oh, I can't wait to see this guy and get to talk to him for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just everybody.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's one person in particular, but you know, I think it's it's just a cool experience that you're around the best in the game, and uh, you know, you get to be teammates with guys that you're not only teammates with for a couple of days, and to me, that's always a fun experience.
Speaker 2: Is there any worry in Dodger Land after this past weekend? Are you guys worried?
Speaker 4: No, we guys lost three games in a row. I mean I did get asked, how do you regain our confidence? Was one does one of the questions post game? You know, I made it, made a better so you have to answer about that. And you know, one, guys, how do you were doing your confidence after the break?
Speaker 8: And I was just like, yeah, exact, you know, I want you to answer that with sarcasm, right, Like did you see Paul Skins the other day when they asked about Ryanohr And he was like suffrage, suffrage she was you know, guys were on base and he's just killing rallies and all that.
Speaker 3: Like just because you get the same questions over and over.
Speaker 1: Do you ever either do that or have that thought where you're like, I don't know if we can regain our confidence after that three in a row to the Diamondbacks after two titles.
Speaker 2: And there's sometimes when it's.
Speaker 3: Really hard to not be super sarcastic about it. You know.
Speaker 5: One of the questions I did get asked was do you think guys were maybe looking ahead to the break too much?
Speaker 3: And it's really hard to not just say yeah, like it's like the last week of school, like, you know, the game.
Speaker 5: We're an older team, we were tired, and guys were ready for a couple of days off, so I mean.
Speaker 2: Probably like a fifteen game lead.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's just it's gonna be okay, guys.
Speaker 2: You know we can we can lease a game here and there. It's it's a it's okay, but you guys open second half New York, Philly, New York. Oh so you're just staying here though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got two weeks on the East coast, so nice.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, the family stay out to yeah, Philly for New York, Philly, New York, back and forth, and then we have a DC trip mixed in on our on our great off day.
Speaker 2: Are you going to the White House? Yes, the whole team is going. Yes. Okay, that's what I mean because I saw our Keyk's thing the other day.
Speaker 4: Or he's not cute, I know, but it was rehab, but it became such a big thing.
Speaker 3: I mean that always becomes a big fin out exactly.
Speaker 2: But but the team is going. Yeah, and the men before right, Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I've been twice politics. I don't care about politics at all. Right, but when the President asked you, I don't care who the president. I mean, I was there when Bush was there.
Speaker 2: I got to go, and Clinton I got to get when Obama was there. They're both sides, right.
Speaker 4: If the President calls you and says, hey, we it's hard to say I'm going to pass an opportunity to go to like one of the most special places in our country.
Speaker 5: I mean, for me, it's a celebration of your team accomplishing the ultimate goal, and for me, that's something that I want to be there to celebrate with the team. It's not about anything else other than you know, you accomplish the ultimate goal and winning the World Series the previous year.
Speaker 3: What you do is you celebrate that as a team. You go and you meet.
Speaker 5: The President, and for me, that's really all it is, is just celebration of the team.
Speaker 3: And honestly, as simple as that.
Speaker 4: Is there a cooler honor like going to the White House? AJ just met the Pope, like shook hands with them? Would there be a cooler honor than those two things that you're like, because he's met every famous person. Is there somebody that you're like, we win the World Series this year?
Speaker 2: I want to meet that person or go to that point. I don't know. So you've done it all, l a man. Everybody every day?
Speaker 6: Yeah, people come through, you know, I mean who told us on the show?
Speaker 5: Everybody comes through at least at least once at home stand six o'clock in the locker room, they'll be someone famous walking through there.
Speaker 6: So it's Tuesday, just another.
Speaker 2: Day, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, I I don't know if I have answered that question for you.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 3: We'll good to see you.
Speaker 6: Enjoy the fan time, get a little rest somewhere.
Speaker 3: At least you're staying these crusts for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: That actually made me happy to hear.
Speaker 1: But thanks for stopping buying me, love having me on of course, thanks for having me on, guys,