Speaker 1: Mother Knows Dad starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone walk on The Mother Knows Death. Let's get into this week's six shocking stories.
Speaker 1: All right, So our first one's out of South Africa. I would advise anybody that's eating right now to either pause and listen to this later or just go into it a little hesitant. So this woman went to this local shop. She bought a loaf of whole wheat bread. So she said, she ate about half of it. Everything seemed fine. That one morning she went to go take it out to make some toast and noticed, you know, something was really unusual about it. Yeah, and when she further examined the slices of bread, she saw full cross sections of a rat that was in bed in the bread. So this rat was baked into the bread, the full body of the rat. So when you're looking at the loaf, you just see, you know, it was sliced with an industrial slicer, so you just see it's like organs, slice perfectly in half, and its hair baked into the top of the loaf. And to think that she ate most of that loaf of bread and didn't see that for a while it is so disgusting. It is.
Speaker 2: It really is like when I look at it, it just looks like work like it that's exactly what we would do with anything. Is just like it looks like when you put a piece of colon through the processor and you do histology on it and make microscope slides. It's like kind of the same theory. It's just so disturbing looking. You could see all of the anatomy slices of the GI system. In one slice, you see hair, in one slice, you could see bone. It's so gross, Like, it's seriously as gross.
Speaker 1: I was eating breakfast while I was writing notes for this episode and had to stop for a minute because the pictures are so Yes, there are pictures, and they are so disgusting. She said. She sent the pictures to her friend and was like, what the fuck, and they were like, that's obviously a rat. She was totally in denial about it because she just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely no doubt that that's what it is. It can't be like, oh, maybe it was I don't know, some burnt thing from the machine or something like. No, it's like a full on anatomy lesson.
Speaker 1: It's so disturbing. Not only that the top of it is you know, I imagine this loaf pan and batter, and how this rat is just laying perfectly in the batter on the top gets baked, and its hair like it's fur, is just on the top of the loaf. It is so disgusting. What a terrible life for the rat. So she went to the store where she bought it from a complaint and they're like, this isn't our problem. You're gonna have to contact the manufacturer of the bread, which was Pepsi Co. Weirdly enough, I guess they owned whatever brand made this bread. So you know, they said they were aware of it, it was an isolated incident and they were doing an investigation. Can you imagine, you know those calls you get from Wegman sometimes saying there's a recall and something you bought. Can you imagine finding out that your recall was because rat was baked in your batch of bread, and you already.
Speaker 2: I love that The company said that the bread did not quote meet their stringent standards.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, yeah, you think. I don't think that has anything to do with standards. I would just hope you don't bake rodents or your facility is clean. Oh my god, it's so gross, like the wet hair and everything. Then did you see this story later in the article about the guy who got a wrap from a local bakery. I think it was in Australia and as he was biting into it, he noticed something was really chewy, and then he opened it up and the dead rat was also in the rap.
Speaker 2: I think that that might be one of these two situations could be what finally causes me to lose weight and maintain a good weight at all times.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't be able to eat the same it just or at least out ever. No, I mean that guy in that case said that he hasn't been able to fully enjoy a meal since I would imagine you don't eat anything unless you could see all the parts of it.
Speaker 2: Well, this next story too is similar, right, Yeah, So this one's from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: But this couple in Indianapolis. They had gone to Little Caesars and picked up a pizza. So they're driving away and the girlfriend opens the box of pizza and is looking at it and notice these little like black specks on the pizza. And as she lifts up the bottom of the crust, she realized that mouse shit is baked into the pizza. I don't know how she noticed that, because when you look at the slice of it, it's like all at the bottom and it's definitely mouse poop, Like there's no doubt, Oh that's what it is. It looks like little black seeds embedded in the bottom of the cross. But when do you ever look at the bottom them of the pizza. Maybe some of it was in the top of the crust and then she just flipped it upon further inspection. I think if I just saw a little bit of it, I would have my mind just had to be like, oh, that must be burnt little bits from the other's right, I would think too exactly, it was one hundred percent mouthshit. There's nothing else that could be, especially when you look at the pictures of this. So they go back to the Little Caesars and they're like, what the fuck, where did all this mouse poop come from? They had no idea where it came from, so they called the police in the health department. They immediately got shut down and got their license suspended, and the health department was saying that they had seven violations the year before for wrote it related activities. So this is so gross.
Speaker 2: I just heard that they closed down a five blow in Center City because there were rats that were eating through the bags of food there or something, that they closed it down for a couple of days. But when I just went by it the other day, it looked like it was open.
Speaker 1: This little Caesars did reopen afterwards, and I looked up. I looked it up and it's still open today, so it was only a temporary suspension of the license. But oh, it's so gross. It is gross, And I mean, I think I've said this on another episode, like it's just ignorant to not understand that a majority of restaurants are going to have issues with attracting mice and stuff. But it's about how the restaurant is taking care of it and being proactive about cleaning. And you definitely can't bake a rat into a loaf of bread. You certainly can't make an entire pizza and have that much mouthshit baked in the one pie. So imagine every other pizza that got picked up that day. Could you imagine how many things happened that we never that actually get caught, like like a mouse or a rat getting baked into bread.
Speaker 2: But the company, like, you know, the people that are actually checking the stuff see it and they're like, oh my god, thank god that didn't get out to the public. Like there's probably people that work in factories that are like, you have no idea you know what we catch because they're there's like QA and QC stuff, like they're supposed to be checking to make sure things like that don't happen. And I'm sure things get caught all the time, you know.
Speaker 1: And not everything makes the news. I mean, I'm sure things of this level are happening every day in parts of the world, you know, but not everything's making the news like this. The rat thing, I could see. I could live in a world where I understand that mouse poop is probably regularly entering food and people aren't aware of it, but the rat thing is totally unacceptable. I just can't imagine that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ever have anything foreign in my food. I've heard of like band aids, like, uh, it's so it's so nasty, you know.
Speaker 1: It's really common to pop up in foods is parts of gloves because when people are wearing gloves to do food preps. Sometimes they'll like cut themselves or cut pieces of the glove or something, and those as often end up in dips or like dressings stuff like that. So that's pretty discuss right. This is gross, all right. This twenty nine year old male presented to the emergency room with stomach pain, rapid heartbeat, rapid breathing. So upon exam, doctors discovered something incredibly unusual. And I'm sure if you've been listening to us for a while, you could probably see where this one's going.
Speaker 2: So apparently this guy was high on GHB, which is gamma hydroxy butchuric acid, which is also known as the date rape drug. So it also it gives you a euphoric feeling but also amnesia, so you don't remember if you're having sex or doing anything that night. And him and his boyfriend apparently were taking this drug and high, and they decided that it would be a good idea to stick fifteen hard boiled eggs up his ass off no shell, no shell, They were out of the shell.
Speaker 1: So I do imagine because of how they moved, they probably went up pretty easy. So they just kept sticking them up there. But do they disintegrate up there, Like, how did they come out? No, they they didn't.
Speaker 2: What happened was they went up there and they caused a perforation. That's why he was having extreme abdominal pain. So they pushed them in to the point where the rectal wall ruptured and he was having poop inside of his rectum and colon leaking into his abdominal cavity. And they were concerned that he was having sepsis actually or a systemic infection because of the poop leaking inside of his body, so they had to do emergency surgery. They said that they took the eggs out, they cleaned it up as best as they could, because think like it's like legit probably like an egg salad at that point. Like you're like if you push one a soft boiled egg, right, and you're just shoving them up a hole, like eventually they're all going to start breaking and like that real interesting for the doctors to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then after this he got admitted to the ICU. Can you imagine explaining to people in your life, like, oh, why were you in the ICU because they stuffed all these eggs up my butt?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, So I don't know, like if they were just doing it, because it's sometimes it's like an ecstasy type thing.
Speaker 1: Like maybe I don't know what they were thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm also I mean, he seemed to know that this happened to him, because like we were saying that he was high on this drug that could cause amnesia.
Speaker 1: You're like, are you sure you like agreed to this? You know, it doesn't seem like a great idea, but I guess when you're on drugs, you're not making the best decisions. Yeah, when you just said it was a date rape drug, I'm like, so he willingly took this or what happened here? Because I mean, people do. I don't know why why you would want to do it and not remember it, but maybe I don't know, Like people like all sorts of things like romance bookstores and weird shit. By the way, the people are agreeing with you so far, which I can't believe. Really wait wait, I need I need to hear about this. Yeah, we have a couple of comments so far, people saying that they do think it is weird and they would never do something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you, and and like people aren't just agreeing with me to agree with me because they love disagreeing with me. Actually, so come on, like, it's it's true. It's like, it's really like the weirdest shit.
Speaker 1: I'm though, I get okay, most people I know read them, so I find it surprising that most people are agreeing with you so far all your friends are losers to what do you want to say? Thanks? This episode is brought to you by the Grossroom.
Speaker 2: Guys, the new year is here, the holidays are over, and we know it's like pull the shit out if you live near us, and there is nothing to do in January in February, so why not join the Grocery Room and meet a bunch of cool people and learn some awesome stuff. And especially if you love this podcast, you're gonna love the content in the Grosser Room.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Head over to the groscyroom dot com for more info and to sign up today. All right, this next story is about this twenty two year old guy. He went to the emergency room with abdominal pain and rectal bleeding. But this is not like our friend from the story before, where we know, you know, people are staking things up their butt and causing these problems themselves. So he had said earlier in the day he had similar pain, but he had a non bloody stool, but upon exam everything looked normal. So what's the deal with this?
Speaker 2: So if you ever go to the emergency room and you're saying that you're bleeding when you're going to the bathroom, bright red blood, that's like very alarming.
Speaker 1: It's called him at.
Speaker 2: A cheesia, and it's it's something of concern because you could have a bleeding hemorrhoids, or you could have a tumor or something, so it's it. Or you could have, especially in a younger person, like ulter rat of collators or something like that. So they just want to make sure that not only do you not have this underlying disease process, but are you are you anemic? Are you losing too much blood?
Speaker 1: So they do they take blood work, and they do they look for all sorts of different things, but they look for anemia, bleeding, infection, all of that, and all of his blood work was fine. So what was it then?
Speaker 2: What caused him to have this episode of like shitting bright red blood and abdominal pain and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So they say, well, and this is a thing that a lot of people don't understand with the emergency room is like they kind of even if you do have an underlying health thing, they kind of don't really care. They just want to make sure that you're stable and send you home because that's their job, just to make sure you're not going to die or become seriously ill.
Speaker 1: And so they were like, you see.
Speaker 2: Him, fine, now your blood works fine, So why don't you follow up tomorrow with a GI doctor. So the guy goes to a G doctor and he so happened to take a picture of the poop and shows the doctor this picture, which we actually have the picture of, right, And the doctor's like, a very you know, a very well in tuned GI doctor will always know, like.
Speaker 1: God, what did you eat? Tell me what you ate?
Speaker 2: Right, Like it's just like you know, they're they're used to this, right. So the guy says, well, before that happened, I ate in a whole, entire, extra large bag of Cheetos. Where were they flaming hot geat blaming hot cheetos? Right, So then the doctor was probably like, all right, bye, this is your problem. Right.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, and that turns out what happens so not only so you're having not only just eating a large volume of stuff. But it's also spicy, so that could account for the abdominal pain. But it has maltodextrine in it, which is like you know, we always say that if you have a lot of that artificial sugar stuff like that, that it could give you diarrhea, Like if you eat a lot of sugar free candies or anything like that, you really shouldn't eat anything in a large volume, even the sugar free, the coffee syrup, any of it. It seriously acts like a laxative and it gives you like these extreme abdominal pant cramps, and it could give you diarrhea too. So that powder that they put on top of the cheetos to give it that fiery flavor has that stuff in it, so if you have a handful, like you're supposed to a normal serving size, you might not notice it. It also has MSG in it, which can also cause those types of symptoms and people if they're sensitive to it. But when you eat twenty servings of it at one time, that's exactly what happened. So that's what gave them the diarrhea, and then the also eating that much of it gave the food coloring caused it to look like it was blood. But this this gi doctor that is just used to seeing bloody stool for a living, was like, yeah, that looks a little bit too orange to me, Like you this is food dye, right, Yeah, it's kind of.
Speaker 2: It's kind of it's kind of hilarious, honestly, Like it's good that it ended up being nothing. And this happens. This has happened to me where I went to the bathroom and ped and my peat is red right, and I'm like, oh my god, why do I have hematoria?
Speaker 1: I'm bleed.
Speaker 2: I'm bleeding from you know, from my bladder or something. And then I sit there and think about it for a second and then I'm like, okay, yeah, I had beach yesterday or something like. Because beats caused your urine to turn red. It's it's called beataturia. Actually, it's like a thing. But there's that moment where it scares the shit out of you when you look in your toilet and you're like, oh my god, I just peede blood, Like something terrible is wrong right now. So this, the food coloring thing is is that's why when you get a colonoscopy and stuff they tell you not to have, like jello or anything, because the red die in the jello could make it look like blood when it's not really blood. You know.
Speaker 1: I think this happens a lot. I don't think people are used to what food dye I could do. I remember one year I made a Star Wars cake for one of my friends that had a lot of black food dye in it, and a couple of days later, my friend's girlfriend was like, oh my god, my brother was freaking out because his shit was black and he didn't know what happened. And then we realized the next day it was from the cake. It hasn't happened to all of us, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But that's the worst too, because you don't really think about it. It's I mean, this guy got diarrhea, you know, not too long after. I mean obviously it had to travel through his whole gi track, and sometimes you just forget about it, you know. And that happened to Lilian once. I made green cupcakes for her at school because her birthdays on Saint Patrick's Day. They I put like a whole container of green in to make them like extra green, and you know, the kids Lilian came home and.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh my got my poops green.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, whatever, and I look at it and I was like, oh shit, that's like really green. It's like like Plato green poop, you know. But what I was talking to one of the moms later who didn't realize that her kid had one of these cupcakes at school during the day, you know, and she was just like, oh my god, I was so scared. I called the doctor. I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: And then and then they were like, oh, it's probably some kind of food dye, and then they realized that. But I thought I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Like imagine not even knowing that your kid ate something like that and just being like, why is there poop this color?
Speaker 1: I mean, this just happened to me recently because one of my favorite cereals ever is like Captain crunched the all berries one. So of course she's like, goes so terrible, like a total cobo, and I ate the entire box of like three days and we were away, I'm like, why is my poop such a weird color? I realized it was because I ate like this whole box of like red and blue weird colored cereal. Well, it's it's you know what though your poop color, it's it can tell you a lot about the state of your health. So it's something like that you should look at and definitely you should be alarmed if you see that you have blood, if you had blood or you thought you had blood. Like he did the right thing, especially with the pain and everything like it just like luckily it turned out to be nothing. I just think it's it's funny. Like at the er, they're like, I don't know, you seem fine to me, Like do you want to tell the story about pop pop having kind of the office? Oh, this is actually all right, this is a good story. So all all good stories involved my dad. So he's, like we were talking about in a previous episode, how he's kind of like anti going to the hospital and getting something checked out if he's having an issue. And so one day my mom my mom comes home and he had come home from work early.
Speaker 2: This is a man that, like, I don't know that he's ever called out a day sick in his life.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's a Mecanic. He was a macan. He worked twelve hour days, it's six days a week, and my mom comes home and he's like, he's like, I came home from work, I took a half day, I'm tired, and my mom like so automatically all of us are like, he's dying because something is terribly wrong, right.
Speaker 2: So then she's like, are you sure you're okay? He's like, yeah, I just feel really tired, okay. So he goes to the bathroom and he's like, I don't know, I kind of want you to look at my poop because it's it's a little red. I know that we had these Chinese spare ribs last night and it's probably from that, but just take a look at it, right.
Speaker 1: So my mom's like, okay.
Speaker 2: So she goes in the bathroom and she says she looks in the toilet and it looks like someone poured an entire bucket of blood in the toilet, like it was filled up with like pure thick blood. So she takes them to the hospital. He didn't want to go. She takes him to the hospital. He's like severely anemic. His hemoglobin was five for a due it's supposed to be like twelve, okay, right, or thirteen, like a higher number, definitely higher. Number five is borderline, like you need a transfusion. It's that low, right, So that explains why he was so tired, and he or he had like hemorrhoids that were bleeding or something, or diverticulators or so, I don't know what he had.
Speaker 1: I think he had both. Whatever.
Speaker 2: He didn't even need to really get treatment on it, like it stopped and that was the end of it kind of thing. But he just was almost blew that off, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, total opposite of this story. At least the person in the story was proactive and got it checked out and it did end up being food, whereas pop Up's like it must have been the ribs. I don't know what to say. We're just like, yeah, like that would that would make it look like that dad? So, oh my god. All right, This next story is about this guy who was born with this rare tumor in his eyeball. So as he got older, the tumor continued to grow and says and even weirder, it started to grow some hairs.
Speaker 2: So this is a really rare I've never seen one of these in real life, but the pictures of them are so disturbing because it looks like this little soft yellow nodule that's right on someone's eyeball and like Marie A said, it could grow hair. So they're benign tumors. They're called limbal dermoid tumors. They're benign, which means they're not cancer But like we talk about all the time, just because it's not cancerous doesn't mean that it's not going to be hell for you. I mean, imagine having a nodule on your eyeball and every time you blink it like rubbing your eyelid.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. So especially if there was like little hairs on the end of it. Plus cosmetically it looks a little awkward and they could actually change the shape of your eyeball and give you an astigmatism and all these things. So they they obviously it's your eye and they don't want to mess around with it unless they have to. But they'll do surgery on it if it gets that bad.
Speaker 2: But it's it's rare at least, it's just really the picture of it's just kind of awkward looking, you know, I just imagine it's so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I know, eye things are the worst. Really, do you just trim the little hairs? But you're like coming out of this center of the eyeball, but.
Speaker 2: You're born with this mass. You know, it's kind of like a cystic tumor, So I suppose you're used to it. If it's there, you know, it's I don't know how, but it would drive me absolutely crazy just to see it. I can't imagine seeing someone in real life that has one too. It's pretty interesting. But they're seen with in syndrome. So sometimes certain tumors could be seen if you have a certain kind of syndrome. So if that particular syndrome runs in your family, then these eye lesions can run in your family too, But never seen one in real life.
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap up with one of the most disturbing cases we've ever covered. So in two thousand and nine in Russia, all these parents have deceased children were visiting their graves only to realize the graves have been desecrated. For about two years, police couldn't figure out who was doing it until someone reported a man who was defacing the graves of deceased Muslim people. So they arrest this guy named Anatole Moskvin and when they went to search his apartment, they found something even more horrific than they could have even imagined. I can't even describe this case. This is the craziest true crime story probably of all time that an actual He didn't kill anybody this guy, so let's get that straight, but probably one of the most disturbing things. So when they went to his house, they found all of these dolls around the house that were posed in different outfits all around. But they weren't dolls. They were actually dead, mummified children that he had dug up out of the graves and was dressing them up and like playing house with these dolls. Yeah, and he was like putting music boxes in them, so when they would be like touched or moved, they would make noise. And some of them even had little pieces of their grain stone with their name inside of their bodies. And it was just so disturbing. They're all over this guy's apartment and you must think, like, oh, nobody must have known he was doing this, But he lived with his parents, so people were seeing these.
Speaker 2: Dolls, yeah, and his parents. The whole entire thing is just so I mean, this guy's this guy's mentally ill, so you could see with him. The more disturbing part is that there were that his parents are not mentally ill, and they just said, like, oh, we knew about the dolls, but we just thought, you know, he like he sewed buttons in their eyes and would watch TV and cartoons with them and like took care of them as if they were live children. And the parents didn't think that that was weird that he had dolls. He was a grown man doing that. Well, they used to leave him for months at a time and go to their vacation house, So I mean, that's that. And then also the neighbors said that it smelled terrible in there, so obviously you have dead bodies in your house. Yeah, So I don't really know what to say. He had.
Speaker 1: He was very I don't know if Maria mentioned this, but he was a very intelligent man, very highly regarded scholar. He spoke what thirteen languages, thirteen languages. He had sixty thousand books in his possession on death and funerals, cremation, all that stuff. So he knew when he removed these bodies from the grave, he knew how to naturally mummify them, or not even really natural, but he tried to accelerate it by putting them in a certain environment, and he was putting chemicals on them of baking soda and salt to dry out their skin, to make the environment so bacteria couldn't grow, to cause the mummification. He would store the bodies in a cold place until they were completely mummified, and then he would bring them back to his house once they were mummified. And oddly enough, of a mummified person doesn't may not smell. It would definitely not smell as bad as a person that was decomposing out in nature and had bacterial growth, because that would just smell worse. But there would definitely be a smell to it. So that's what people weren't they saying it smelled like an old basement or something. Yeah, it just smell like musty or like mustice. Yeah, it had like a weird smell that the neighbors would say.
Speaker 2: And he yeah, he would bring them back. And these dolls are so disturbing looking. Sometimes he put wax and makeup on their faces. He would dress them in like little girls clothes and and like hung out with them and talk to them, had relationships with them. But nothing out of all the investigation and stuff, it doesn't appear that there was anything sexual. There was no inappropriateness. Even one of the fathers of one of these victims said that, which was weird too, said that he almost wasn't even mad about it because he was treating his daughter better than he treated his daughter when she was alive.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that. I mean, as disturbing as his cases, he didn't kill any of them, so they originally could only charge him with desecrating the graves, and then he was eventually found unfit for trial, so he was put in a psychiatric hospital or facility to live there. And I guess the latest update was from twenty twenty two where he's been trying to get out and some of the doctors don't think there's any medical reasons to continue holding him. But obviously the parents of these children don't want him to ever get out. And I don't think somebody that did this to twenty nine girls is going to get out and he try to do something like this again. Hasn't he said that he's going to do it again. He so this is the thing, like he's schizophrenic. He's been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and he's having with paranoia and he's hallucinating and he's thinking that he really believes and he's having these delusions. He really believes that he's taking these children out of the grave to give them a better life. And he believes he's giving them a better life. And like he believes that that because he's schizophrenic. Right, So I don't know if once you treat a person with that, like he shouldn't in theory, be having those things anymore if his schizophrenia is being treated. But I don't really know how that works because this happens in so many cases all over the place. Well, another concerning component of this is that so he basically they think he's been a virgin his whole life. Right, So there was no sexual component to this. But this twenty five year old woman had been following his legal proceedings and the last we heard in twenty twenty two, he was possibly going to marry this woman. So let's say if he does get out or maybe they're in communic constant communication, what if she starts doing this too or helping him do it. There's always a woman that wants to marry some dude in jail. Yeah, Like it's it's kind of It's kind of outrageous how many stories we talk about all the time with these women that are just like I have to do an external example on this. There's just too many stories. I just wish I could.
Speaker 2: I wish we could interview someone that actually, like dated someone in jail, like a higher profile person or somebody that did something really crazy, and see, like what they were thinking when they were dating that person.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't know, curious. I want to be on someone's radar like that sounds like a good romance novel. I don't think so, But now you're an expert on the romance novels all of a sudden, All right, well, thank you guys so much. If you have a shocking story, please submit it to stories at mother knowosdet dot com and we will see you next week with some more news stories theya.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Mother Knows Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist's assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor, and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show my website and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room.
Speaker 1: Or hospital. Please rate, review.
Speaker 2: And subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thanks