Speaker 1: Pushkin. Hello Khalila, Hey, let me get Stevie on the phone. Hello Stevie, Hey, Hi. So this is going to be the last of our check ins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to turn to working on a few more classic type Heavyweight episodes to release later this fall. So last check in.
Speaker 1: And it's an abbreviated one, right right, it's kind of like the last day of class before the teacher allows everyone out of the classroom, just wishing them a good summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you all watch the like one VHS tape of Princess Bride on the school owns.
Speaker 3: Actually, we do sort of have, like, I don't know, a.
Speaker 2: Movie, a television program TV for your ears. Stevie and I approached our engineer and composer, Bobby Lord.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: I know that name well from having mindlessly said it during the credits.
Speaker 2: So yeah. So Bobby in the past has made us these remixes, taking lines of audio from Heavyweight and making them fun and danceable mm hm. And we thought maybe he can do something like that with the check ins, and very quickly he got out of hand.
Speaker 3: So Bobby did not make a song. Instead, he took things that we've said in these Heavyweight check ins we've been doing, and he sort of stitched them together out of context to create this whole new fictional storyline. So what we have for you is an episode of I guess like Heavyweight, the sitcom.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds that sounds really nice.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's silly and it's kind of ridiculous, but.
Speaker 2: Just be honest, Steve, it's a deranged to be some audio.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely nuts, but.
Speaker 2: We find it very entertaining and hopefully other people will too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's sit back and open up our ears. To quote the great showbiz talent Kurt Cobaine with the lights out, it's less dangerous here we are. Now, let us entertain you.
Speaker 2: Haggs, have a great summer.
Speaker 4: Gimblet Media presents Johnny in the Gang, starring Jonathan Goldstein, Khalila Holt, Stevie Lane and introducing Bobby Lore. Created without the knowledge or approval of Jonathan.
Speaker 5: Goldstein, Khalila What this weekend? My in laws? They came by? Okay, living the dream?
Speaker 6: Hello, Steve, this is she.
Speaker 1: So I had a blind date tonight, So so how did it go?
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen Panic Room?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 7: Hello Jonathan, Bobby Lord I trust you. Remember my friend, the.
Speaker 8: One and only.
Speaker 2: How can I forget?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to drop by to see if y'all had heard about the rumor. What oh, the rumor that Spotify was going to cancel Heavyweight unless you can somehow come up with five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Wait, no need to respond. Well, I guess i'd better get going.
Speaker 7: Oh, actually, one more thing. I'm sure you all have also heard about the big Spotify Talent Show four days from now. I think the grand prize is five hundred dollars. Well, anyway, Joey, Yeah, I think we'd better get going. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I hate those guys. Okay, this episode is brought to you by pet Rocks, Mood Rings and cool open collared Dads.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: This is like a bad dream.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, I don't know why I'm getting so emotional.
Speaker 1: It's okay, So what do you want to do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Four days from now?
Speaker 7: We're gonna sing in the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Spotify Talent Shows.
Speaker 7: The grand prizes five hundred dollars. We can do this.
Speaker 1: I am just shameless.
Speaker 5: I'll do anything.
Speaker 1: Let me try. Stevie start spreading the news.
Speaker 8: Is that good?
Speaker 6: It was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Khala do do do do do do do do do? That was excellent, Stevie.
Speaker 6: The way is the hardest part.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know what was really great about it was your sense of timing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Exactly four days later, Hello everyone, and welcome to the Big Spotify Talent Show.
Speaker 9: As you all know, tonight's winters take home the grand prize of five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Get your show biz voice on Khalila.
Speaker 2: I'm I could just go get a bunch of acher.
Speaker 7: Hello, Jonathan, Bobby Lord, Stevie, Hey, Joey, is this your knife?
Speaker 10: Jesus joke?
Speaker 4: No, put the knight away.
Speaker 7: We're not doing that. I'm surprised you had the guts to show up.
Speaker 5: We got important work to do.
Speaker 8: Oh look, or derbs, what is this sir?
Speaker 10: Welckoy?
Speaker 1: I kinda fallala mm.
Speaker 9: Thanks presenting our first performer tonight, Bobby Lord.
Speaker 7: Well, looks like it's my time to shine. Oh. By the way, I'll be using the prize money to find my new podcast, Hefty Burden with Bobby Lord Show.
Speaker 1: I hate those guys.
Speaker 7: Hi, everyone, I'm Bobby. None of you probably recognizes my face or my voice. Or even know that I exist because I'm usually shut away in a dark mixing room doing all the work. No one ever thinks about fixing your popping peas and leveling DB's.
Speaker 9: But I do exist.
Speaker 7: This is my chance to shine.
Speaker 10: Hm hmm no, come on, Bubby, Yes, beat that.
Speaker 9: And now our second and final performers for the night, Jonathan Goldstein, Khalila Halt, and Stevie Lane of Heavyweight.
Speaker 1: Start spreading the news.
Speaker 6: The way is the hardest time to do, do do and wow.
Speaker 9: Clearly the winner is Heavyweight.
Speaker 7: Well congrats Heavyweight, you were the better performers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah who I wanted to ask, Bobby you join us?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh, Also, a man just came by and said Heavyweight's not canceled anymore.
Speaker 5: That man turned out to be Daniel Eck.
Speaker 7: So we can use that five hundred dollars for whatever we want.
Speaker 1: I'm Randy for toilet paper.
Speaker 8: Toilet paper is them.
Speaker 4: Next time on Johnny and the Gang
Speaker 1: Robo Papa if he doesn't get his fuel, he gets pray damage