Speaker 1: Liv on.
Speaker 2: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Sean Payton won in his return to New Orleans and a blowout and blowout fashion Ojoe. The Broncos blew out the injury depleted Saints thirty three ten on Thursday Night football bow Knicks Hold on, let me get the box score. Bow Knicks played really, really well tonight. He was sixteen of twenty six one hundred and sixty four yards a clean game. Offensive line did a great job of protecting the moho, no sacks, no turnovers. They ran the ball thirty five times for two hundred and twenty five yards. Javonte Williams had fourteen rushes eighty eight yards and two touchdowns. Yeah, as they completely take apart In the New Orleans Saints, I mentioned they are injury depleted. Spencer Rattler was twenty three and thirty five seventy two, no touchdowns nor interception, but he was sacked and he was sacked six times. But he was harassed all night long. O Jo, I mean, I'm trying to figure out how I got So you know what. The Saints have been bad? What happened?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Listen? Let me say this.
Speaker 2: We watched them take apart the Dallas Cowboys, and so we overestimated how good they were. But when you look at what has transpired, they won their first games and haven't really come close, with the exception of Atlanta winning a game since. Oh, Joe, and I don't know what. The injury is starting to pile up.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna get it's gonna be better anytime soon. Listen, there's too many injuries. Did your best two receivers are out. Derek Carr is out the first two games of the season. You put up forty five points in both of those games. You're going on five since then. It's not gonna get any better anytime soon.
Speaker 5: I feel bad. Yeah, hand.
Speaker 3: Week to.
Speaker 5: Because of his hamstring injury. Now he's re injured it.
Speaker 1: So some of some of the key quality players that you do need to even compete at the highest level because I know what I know. They always say it's next man up, but that the next man for a reason, the next next man for a reason.
Speaker 5: The Saints have only put.
Speaker 1: Up Yeah, you got only put up fifteen points the past five games after scoring forty five in the first two, and that's simply due to obviously you said it, and I think that's I'm not saying the Broncos won because of the Saints' injuries, but it played a big part. The Saints are not at full strength. Therefore, listen the scoreline, look the way it did. Bo Knicks bow Knicks is good. That God damn Javon J.
Speaker 5: Williams, Well, he could tote that pill, boy, he can tote that pill.
Speaker 1: I would like to see if the Broncos are playing a better team. I would like to see them get the pass, the game going a little bit more Courtland sudden. They got to get him involved. They gotta get they got it. They gotta get him involved. He's making he's making too much money to be out there getting Cardio in.
Speaker 5: He's making too much money to be out there getting Cardio in. That's all. It was a KNIGHTE got to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that that that that shouldn't that shouldn't happen. I'm sure he's frustrated. I know they won the game. But one of the things they do, they'll use it against you if you don't have the production make a lot of money like he's doing that. They're used that against you in the in the off season. But other than that, the Broncos look good. I mean, they got a tough game next, don't they. Uh right, I could have swat, I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think they got a tough one coming up. Oh sure, that's another way. That's another way, you know.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 1: I like bow Knicks too. I like bow knicks. Bow Knicks got moxie. I don't even know what moxie mean. I just heard my male kiper use it during the goddamn draft. He real, he real feisy. Like remember how Baker Mayfield was in Oklahoma for some reason. I don't know why. Bock just gives me that. He just gave me that that that that fire cracker type.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a fire cracker. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to explain it. I don't know how to put it in the right words. But I like bow Knicks.
Speaker 5: I like him.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah, he's got he's got some athleticism, he can run. Yeah, you need to work on his accuracy, but he's you can do a lot of things with him.
Speaker 3: Moo.
Speaker 2: They got the uh they got the uh they got.
Speaker 1: They probably probably gonna win this one, and that momentum, that momentum hopefully, you know, they have a great defense. I'm assuming maybe pass certain to be back by then and not a concussion protocol. But listen, if they could win next next one against the Panthers, but they probably will, I'm curious to see how bow Knicks plays against Now we talk about two defenses that are much better, that are much better, and you're gonn you're gonna need yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Huh, and offense is also much better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, So we're gonna see if you if you if you're playing from ahead or if you have to play from behind, either way it goes. It's gonna be it's gonna be a good one, and it's gonna be a good test for Bow too. It's gonna be a real good test for both.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, considering how poorly they played Sunday against the Chargers. They didn't play particularly well considering they had won three straight and they don't played really they were playing really well, So I was surprised that they didn't play as well as I thought they would on Sunday against the Chargers.
Speaker 3: And the Chargers have been struggling.
Speaker 2: That is a division game, so you know, you kind of toss a lot out of the window when you play a division opponent because you're very familiar. Even though they have a good coaching staff, that's still that's still somewhat in your division. A lot of the key players are still there, especially offensive. We talk about Justin Herbert and a couple of the big a couple of the receivers. Although Keenan Allen is gone, Mike Wims is gone, they still have some guys that played. He had played a lot of a lot of snaps last year for him, especially at the skilled position. Offensive line is pretty much intact. Uh, they signed all, they drafted all. I don't know if he's playing. I think he got Dean Uh. But defensively, uh, they still got some player. They got some players over there on the defense side of football. That's what's most surprising when you talk about the Chargers is that they're not better considering the defensive talent that they have on that side of the football. But the Broncos go on the road on a very short week. It's never easy playing on the road. But when you cut the days down by three, so instead of playing on a Sunday afternoon, you're playing at a Thursday night and you just played for Sunday afternoon. Ain't a whole lot of time, oh Joe, Ain't a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Ain't a whole lot of own field practice.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of film study, It's a lot of walkthroughs, a lot of basic stuff. Hey, let's try to get let's try to uh put this thing together and get get out of here with the minimal injuries, because you know, you sore unless you like you're your first and second year anybody that's five five years.
Speaker 3: Oh, you hurt.
Speaker 5: You definitely hurt.
Speaker 2: After being acquired about the New York Jets from the Las Vegas Raiders earlier this week, Davonte Adams I ain't a long term partnership with the new team. When asked if he like a multi year relationship with the Jets, I hope. So that's the plan. I never go somewhere in hopes of having to find a new home. While Rogers have been has been effected throwing the ball to gather with Adam's gazar over the last couple of games the outside spots, which has been a huge problem. Rogers and Mike Williams have not been on the same page. In twenty twenty four. The Jets offensive suffered. They average three hundred and four yards per game, eighteen point eight points for a little left to nineteen points a game, both ranked twenty second.
Speaker 3: O Joe, are you expecting Darren Rdham?
Speaker 1: Expecting old matchers because there's something you can't teach. There's something you can teach that Aaron Rodgers and Devonte Adams have. That's almost seven or eight years worth of work, seventy six something.
Speaker 5: Tav I think maybe fifty seven some TV maybe seventy six.
Speaker 1: Tds, eight thousand yards together, one hundred and seventeen games together, and the chemistry that they have.
Speaker 5: A look, I can look at you and I know who you're gonna be at. I know everything's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers could be blindfolded and whatever the route is, he can throw it to a spot.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Devonte Adams is going to be there every time. He's familiar with the system that they're running, so all he's doing is just it's just he's going to a new team. He's with the Jets, and you just plug him in and you just go. I mean, I know it sounds simple the way I'm saying, but when you have a quarterback that you've played with for so long and you still as a receiver are very adequate at doing what you do as far as getting open and running rounds, He's still one of the best despite the lack of production because the inconsistent play at quarterback. There's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you they both pick up where they left off at.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is that they're they're familiar with each other. It always helps.
Speaker 3: Same thing system.
Speaker 2: This is the system that he ran in Green Bay, and the players familiar. Roger's voice in his ear is familiar. So yeah, I think they should pick up where they where.
Speaker 5: They kind of left off what I'm excited years.
Speaker 2: Ago, at least I hope so for his sake, because you know, look, DeVante wasn't the same receiver last year. Not factoring in, not factoring in that he lost Derek Carr, ad O'Connell and whomever the other quarterbacks were. That's not Derek. That's not Derek Carr. And so no matter what you think, yeah, Derek Carr is not.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Right, He's not Joe Burrow, he's not Patrick Mahoe, He's not one of these quarterback. But he's better than a Oconma. In his first year with Davonte, Davonte had fifteen hundred yards, was the first team off bro. There's something to be said for.
Speaker 1: It's one thing that I hate that that the pundits do, the analysts, those that should know the game, and they always talk about certain players losing a step or they don't have it anymore. When you don't factor in that, for one, the inconsistent player quarterback affects that the opportunities that you normally get when they're putting up those those numbers, those good numbers.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why you're not doing so.
Speaker 1: And they never facted it in the first thing and says, oh, the players losing a step when you know that's not the case, instead of saying exactly what it is. Well, I'm glad you brought it up because we know there's nothing wrong with him. Now you'll know when the player loses a step by watching him. I'm curious to see how teams are going to play the Jets now they play the Steelers. So it's gonna be a very very interesting matchup. Joey Porter Jr. Is he gonna take Garrett Wilson or they're gonna put the number one on on on Davante Adams. So I'm not sure that it's gonna play out. So for his first game back with Aaron Rodgers, this is a good game, a good test for them because they're playing a very good defense in the Steelers.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're gonna pick up right where they left off at and that there's a there's a certain chemistry when you play with somebody, so long that you just can't replicate.
Speaker 5: And I know, I just know they're gonna take some of the things they.
Speaker 1: Did in Green Bay added to that, added to that offense, and they gonna they just gonna go to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's let's Aaron Rode hadn't played well this year with YO. Yeah, I mean, let's not. I mean, I understand what he was in Green Bay, but we haven't seen that yet with the Jets, and it's gonna be very interesting to see if he can get back. Now, do we do I expect him to be what he was in the MVP seasons. I don't know, Yoe, I don't. I mean, he's he No.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you have a weapon like that, you can count on every goddamn time if you look.
Speaker 5: If you've been watching the Just games, I've been watching the.
Speaker 1: Jets games, like maybe you got you got a young bull like like seventeen men that can actually get open like that.
Speaker 5: I really think, even.
Speaker 1: Posts pre Achilles injury, he could always count on them boys to be open.
Speaker 5: That's that's the reason he was able to win that MVP.
Speaker 1: He was he was able to get the ball to them, he was able to facilitate and they were always open.
Speaker 5: He knew where everybody was gonna be. They were always in the right spot.
Speaker 1: There would be no mistakes like you saw the other night when he threw the ball to Mike will and Mike wasn't on the red line.
Speaker 3: What's like that?
Speaker 5: Oh, the quarterback? You got to eat.
Speaker 2: What you say? What you what you say? Is there a little miscommunication?
Speaker 3: You know? Now we get behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really in the side, but he never got back out if they if they plan to, and you got you got to go ball. If you're gonna release outside, get back out there to the red line.
Speaker 5: So the quarterback out somewhere to go with.
Speaker 3: It, eat it.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many times you think during the course of the game a receiver runs the wrong route, quarterback has the wrong read and you don't know about it because they don't discuss it. And then we should have behind closed That's what we do. That's why that's why cars are like, Hey, yeah, John with the same John with the same way. Troy was the same way. Peyton, Manny, you heard Peyton Matt quarterbacks. Hey you understand Hey they controlled Yeah, they control the food on the table. Now, then they'll control whether you get to eat a lot or a little. Now how much you want to eat?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Careful? Oh I'm okay, better be careful.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I'm glad you just said that. Let me tell you how how I want chat chat those you to look at Look at my stats when you get the chance, look at my stats. I remember what year this was, but I was kind of disgruntled. I was kind of disgrundled. And I don't think I asked for a trade. It might have been Drew. It just I kind of got sick of the media blaming me for the reason.
Speaker 5: We were losing.
Speaker 1: So they were putting everything on me because obviously I was the one doing all having all the fun and whatever. So they started to turn on me a little bit our own media in Cincinnati, and I said, you know what, well, hey, I.
Speaker 5: Want to trade, I want out something like that.
Speaker 1: And I remember the Reds excuse me, the Commanders at that time, and Dan Snyder. They offered the Bengals are one for one, and Mike Brown said, no, Mike Sudden, No, we're not going to set a precedent that a player can come in and say, okay, he's not happy and say, oh.
Speaker 5: You know what I want. I want to treat it. Nah, it ain't happening, So they turned that down, right.
Speaker 1: I'm just coming off a really good season despite me being this scrounnle. I don't know what they did offensively or how they weren't able to get me.
Speaker 5: The ball that particular year.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, Uncle, I had by five hundred yards the whole season.
Speaker 3: I swear to that.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't oh no, no no.
Speaker 1: The last three year, gelve hundred and thirteen yard season, and then you know I was getting the MEETI was on my ass about us losing. There was nothing. I was healthy. I was completely healthy. I swear for god. If you look at my stats, you look at it, it's thousands, thousand, thousand, thousand thousands, and all of a sudden, it's a five hundred yard season. I don't know if they found a way, like like.
Speaker 5: To work me out the offense.
Speaker 1: I really had five hundred yards the whole season, and then the next season I'm right back to twelve mm hmm. Like it like in a sense, it was like, damn, are they that powerful?
Speaker 5: Where you know what? Or you want to play with us?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna play with two the whole season, and I was scared to say anything because I already caused brookers and made noise in the off season, so I'm definitely not gonna do it in season because I'm already I'm already on thin ice in a sense, and I'm like, well, damn, they not even like I'm not even part of the offense.
Speaker 5: That's what it felt like. And I was still I was still that boy.
Speaker 1: I ain't know what the hell was. I ain't know what the hell was going on. So I just had to throw that story out there based on what you were just talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem that they have is that can they protect Now you see Buffalo had relentless pressures on Rogers.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What do you think the Steelers are gonna be with teachers?
Speaker 1: The better chip they go to have a game plan because is the brother Tyron Smith on the left side. Hey, listen, no disrespect, no disrespect to him, But obviously I don't think he's gonna have to go again TJ Walker, TJ. Whit is most of the time he's on on the left side, so he'd be dealing with the right tackle.
Speaker 5: But the young bull, the young bull.
Speaker 1: I don't know who it was he was struggling with, but he looked like his feet and seamen out there as he's not he's not what he once was when he with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Maybe the injury, I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think the Jets were expecting to get to get the old Tyrant Smith. They just got an old tyrant Smith because he doesn't move. He doesn't move, he doesn't hit his.
Speaker 3: Face and kicked the slide and it's hard, right.
Speaker 2: He don't cover as much grind with the kick, and he's got he's got really lazy with his hands. And you see a lot of guys just wax on, wax off, and they're gonna they buy it, and they never he was. He was so strong at the point of attack. Once he put that hand and get you in your chest. But you ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: El Yes, yeah, you know I'd be I'll be watching Lott, I'll be walking, I'll be watching off asive tackle play.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know. Here're the list of receivers that could be moved by the dadline. You got DeAndre Hopkins with the Titans. You got Deontay Johnson of the Panthers. You got Mike Williams of the Joe, You got Cooper Cup of the Rams.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hell, they got Jordan addis name in there. There's no need to move Jordan. There's no need to move Jordan's okay, the Cooper Cup.
Speaker 1: I understand Coop and the cop is probably gonna take over take over for a Cooper Cup. Yeah, sat, I mean obviously salary they put him on there. They you might not even know. He might take a pay cut. He might take a pay cut to stay in that system.
Speaker 5: Give me, give me one more Deontay Johnson. You know what you know? He would be a good fit.
Speaker 1: For him to go back to Yeah, right back to Pittsburgh because they're they're really no disrespect to any of the receivers on the Steelers team, but he's another good, viable option that can get the f open on the other side of George Spickings.
Speaker 5: Why not you think you don't want to?
Speaker 3: What do you want to? That's why they let him go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: What was you do? Remember the loafing?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 1: I'm attitude a different perspective because as you look at it, when you go from team to team like that, all right now, the windows closing, the wind, the wind, the windows, the windows starting to close.
Speaker 5: Your eyes start to open up a little, a little bit more. You know, you know you're not a young chicken. You ain't no spring chicken.
Speaker 1: The more you start paying attention to the way the league is moving the older folks out, so you come in on your best behavior.
Speaker 5: When you get a second sometimes the third chance.
Speaker 2: Is Max Crosby on the move soon. Also, he had some interesting comments today. I'm not here to rebuild. I'm here to win, whatever that means. But I'm here to win.
Speaker 3: Now. Wherever I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be here to win.
Speaker 2: So if I'm Detroit, I offer a first and a third round pick for Max Crosby. I'm not bull job, I'm not Look, this is what I got on the table for you. I got a first and a third because you just left one of the premium.
Speaker 5: Leading second d seven and a half sacks.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get Max crowd.
Speaker 1: In and imagine next year. Max on one Saturday eight and O'Connor on another. I mean O'Connell and eight Huncherson on the other.
Speaker 2: Side, eight Hutcherson and they just signed I mean, they got they got DJ Reader, they got DJ Riader that was at Cincinnati. I forget. They just they just extended a big d tackle. I forget his name. They just gave a boatload of money, like ninety plus million dollars. They got some they got some good young talent. H I mean that GM has done a great job. But if I'm Max Bobby, I'm like, I'm trying to I'm trying to go to Detroit. That's what I want to be, and he is. He is a dream for Campbell. Yeah, that's the that's the kind of guy Campbell wants the coach. You ain't gonna ay, gotta say much. See a lot of people, I ain't one. See a lot of people get food by you know Jered. You know, Jerry's made a lot of black men millionaires. Those men could do something for Jerry. Don't let Jerry fool you. He don't fool Shannon. He showed you who he was. Jerry showed you. He showed you a lot who he was in twenty sixteen. He showed you, But y'all didn't want to listen to it. Uh huh, y'all don't want y y'a don't believe y'all didn't believe what you y'all didn't believe with her. Now all of a sudden, some of y'all shot Jerry.
Speaker 1: Neil what Yeah, Okay, you will be on the line.
Speaker 2: Your head will be over y'all. Like I said, you can m when you get upset. Yeah, And what you say and how.
Speaker 5: You treat anything, that's how you everything.
Speaker 2: Everything, everything. So hopefully Mario, uh uh, they build a relationship builder. Get on the same page real real quick. But we're gonna talk about Jerry a little later. We ain't done with his asked yet. I know, I'm not. Clearly the odds make us ought your feel that Cooper is a bigger addition to Bills that Adams to the Jets. Uh huh, Because if Chiefs won, Ravens to Texans and Bills tied for the third best odds and then you have the Jets the fourth best, I mean the Bengals and the Jets.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, based on I think the odds makers are looking at how the Bills are playing before Mary got there. They're looking at how Josh Allen was playing, not having you know, superstar weapons at his disposal, and they were still doing okay, they were still doing well.
Speaker 5: So with his addition, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Just I mean, obviously, it just takes everything up a little a little bit more.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong. I don't know how they I don't know how they make these things.
Speaker 1: But again, it's just it's an educated guest because you never know how things are going to turn out.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And it's stuff like that where people think that the game is rigged.
Speaker 5: They think it is, but.
Speaker 1: It's impossible to get fifty three people on the same page. I know that it's impossible to orchestrate fifty three people or eleven on one side of the ball and the other eleven the follower. Goddamn script. That's why I understand why people say that sometime. Do you know how difficult that would be?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: Oh yo, we played the game.
Speaker 2: You tell the first person, you tell them something in the air, and by the time we get all the way to the back, dang what he was saying?
Speaker 3: One other thing? So how you gonna get fit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe once upon a time. Oh yo, there's too much money involved. You talking about a guy that's making sixty million you really tell me he willing to risk his sixty million for the league to do what?
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: O yoe?
Speaker 5: Right? I think you know, I think they be playing. Maybe they be playing some time and.
Speaker 2: There ain't nothing you can do now they be dead serious. Yeah, Oh your people are gullible. Why why you think? Like you said, look at the Internet, people believe that that those are those people live, that they really be buying pirate jets and they have them big homes and they have all the cars and all that stuff. You see how the internet do that and how somebody can say something on the Internet and it is totally not true, but then it gets retweeted, it gets shared, and then it gets Man, that's all these hopes such and such die.
Speaker 3: People are gullable. Oh your people are naive.
Speaker 2: Troy Aigman did not hold back when addressing the disappointment of the cow to the start of the Cowboys season, CD Lamb and the other Dallas wide receivers for their performances hold on through the first six game. I think the routes are terrible. I think they run terrible routes and I've always thought that beyond this year, I think CD's got to improve, and it's route running. And as a quarterback, if you're not certain where the guys are going to be consistently, it's hard to play that position. I see guys lazy coming off the line of scrimmage. Sometimes they run. If they do, it's because they're anticipating they're going to get the football on that play. But if they're not, they don't. And it all ties together. So I'm not impressed with that part of the game. Troy also talked about CD missing minicamp. I'm an old school guy. I just believe practice matters, so do I. I believe that having the team together matters, so do I. So if I knew I was going to be sign him anyway, I would have had the signed so he'd be working out with my quarterback and doing things that they should be doing. Ojo, You see, this is what I like, Ojo. I like when Troy see, I like whomen right. White quarterbacks say that right because they don't get labored as haters are jealous. See when you and I say that, if I have said the exact same thing, saying, oh, you're a hater, you jealous? You bringing the black man? Now, what y'all to say about Troy. I'm listening, Jemmy. The comments say, say true, he jealous, he hated, he envious, because that's what y'all do when black. We try to offer critique for what we see having played the game. Y'all kill us, y'all beat us up. Now what y'all gona say about true joy, don't you? But CD was never Ojo. I never looked at CD as a route run. CD is a guy that's tremendous run after the cat. He's not a route runner. He's not technically sound like Jella. He's not technically sound like Davonte. He's not a route runner. He's not like Tory Hole. He's not like mckeena mccardo, he's not like Jimmy Smith. He's not like you, Ojo. That's not what he is. And that's okay. But what I do agree with Troy is that, bro, even when you're not getting the ball, you gotta bust your butt off the ball.
Speaker 1: I got to come on like the fact him singling out CD, him singing out that, I mean, I hear a lot of CDs.
Speaker 5: There's CD that CDC. But hell, the.
Speaker 1: Goddamn defense is atrocious. The defense the defense is atrocious, magnified. Now everything is magnified now because you're losing. So now when you're losing, everything is magnified. So now they nick pick it every little goddamn thing.
Speaker 2: But you know that going in, Oh yo, what's gonna happen? You start to lose, They say, you lose your helmet, You start to lose, got your locker room dirty? I told him, Jared, come about, we don't need him in practice. I said, you see, I said, see you say, I said, you say, how dumb that sound? Now you know you're gonna sign him or we're gonna get it. We knew he was gonna sign him. Why would you What do you mean he doesn't get anything at practice? Do you see the connection or the non connection that he and back has had for the first six games off.
Speaker 5: A little bit?
Speaker 1: You get that you no matter what y'all did the previous year.
Speaker 5: You have to get it in the lab.
Speaker 1: You got to get in the lab and rebuild that chemistry all up again. You got to unplug your router, plug it back in and restart.
Speaker 5: Every season. You gotta do it, and you can't do it in the off season.
Speaker 1: When you're just by yourself constructured environment with people know they're talking on you. That's what that's what you get it done. And if you knew he was gonna sign him, why wait, why you did the same thing with goddamn Zeke.
Speaker 5: You did the same thing with Zeke.
Speaker 1: Are you serious about winning that you need all your players together? You need them all together when it counts and when it matters. Mini camp, training camp, all season workouts come on.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: But but here's the thing, though, O Joe, is that we know Troy. Troy got in Mike's ass right in fact, that he demanded excellent from Mike. So this is not but I just believe you got the whole guy's accounts. It is an absolute must. Now, I'm not telling what somebody told you told me to say. I'm telling you haven't been in situation. The standard is the standard, and we don't change that standard because of who you are. We play to the standard and whatever and whatever happens after that, we live with it.
Speaker 3: But we're not gonna come here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no no no no no no no no no no. When we hit that field, yes, sir, we had an expectation. I don't know how everybody else did it. But when we hit that field in Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, listen, y'all was a well oil machine. Bright, y'all was a well oil machine. Well oil machine.
Speaker 2: There was an expectation on yo, right, there was an expectation that we had. We played to a standard. We know what was expect We knew what was expected of us from each an individual, each and every one of us. John had to play till we had a standard here, right, But John needed to play to his standard. Eighty four needed to play to his standards. So the thirty eighty, seventh and eighty everybody played to the standard and then whatever happens after that. We lived with it. But it wasn't people think you get good in the game. You win the games. Monday through Friday. Everything is tied together. Anybody that tells you that it's not don't play the game and they've never played the game. That's when you win the game. It's what you do in the meetings. How tend of are you in practice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know practice, Yeah, I need it, I need I just I just don't get these guys. While attending the NFL meetings in Atlanta, Jerry explained to the athletics Diana Racini. Why he reacted the way he did on one on five point three, I don't know. I don't know that I would go as far as calling it the volume connotation is yelling. Okay, But the facts are, if I'm going to be grilled by Trump, by the tribunal, I don't need to be by the guys that I'm paying. Oh so he can't fire from Huh? If you paid somebody's salary, can you fire the mojo? So let me repeat that, because a lot of times people are like, well, Jack, But the facts are that if I'm going to be grilled by the tribunal, I don't need it to be by guys that I'm paid. I can take it from the fans, I can take it from other people. I take a lot of pride in High Fair and how much I try to work with the media. We're brothers and sisters. But I was a little frustrated there that day. Little Okay, we got in there as of accounting for decisions made in the off season, Okay, that might be as well gone back to the decision I made in twenty ten. My point is that that's from my perspective there's no question. I'm sure that they would have liked have me grill Like fans are thinking, what are you going to do about this? Or what are you gonna do about that? I get it. I get all of that, and I really go I was really and really will go along with it. I know you wouldn't Jerry. Jerry went on to explain how this frustration stem from the individual asking the questions, not necessarily the topic itself. The wrong ones were doing the questioning. Now those had been real fans sitting there, if they've been people that I knew, they would have been talking about football people, I might have a different fan.
Speaker 5: I would, dude, I would have left. I would have I would I would have left. Huh. And that makes me get another radio job somewhere, job that job? Trust me you can.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna ask your question.
Speaker 2: So you think you could walk out on the job that Jerry Jones and you're gonna go get another job?
Speaker 3: Now? I would you talking about it?
Speaker 1: I think just based some circumstances, and other radio stations know what happened.
Speaker 5: Man there, they'll hire that boy.
Speaker 1: Jerry wants some yes man because he's paying them.
Speaker 5: That's all it is he wants some year he want?
Speaker 1: I want yes, if I'm paying you, make sure you don't ask me the tough questions and make sure you're on my side at all times.
Speaker 5: A bunch of yes men. Dude, it's like it's like it's like dudes with an entourage. Dude, you know the golden goose who making the money? You never want to tell them?
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: That ain't a good idea. Boy, You know you shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 1: You know what you was drinking? Give me your keys, let me drive. But you don't want to say nothing because you don't want to get your check cut off. You don't want to get cut off.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I don't think yep. Oh tell him to hide me in.
Speaker 3: Dallas, In Dallas, in Dallas.
Speaker 2: If Jerry Jones goes to any anything he says, don't hire him. That guy's not getting hired. The cowboys. The cowboys are Dallas. Oh, Joe, the man tried to get Roger Gooddell? What the hell you think you gonna do to a guy making one hundred to between one hundred thousand and four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, power that It reveals who a person truly is what it revealed who a person truly is. You got that kind of money, You're gonna flex your power. You'renna fle your muscles.
Speaker 2: You want to be attached. You want to be attached to the cowboys, Oh shoe, you want to be attached. You want to be the glass ship station. You want to be able to have You want to be able to talk to Jared?
Speaker 5: At what costs? At what costs? At what cost?
Speaker 1: You can't even look yourself in the goddamn mirror and really be yourself. You really can't ask a question you need to ask. You can't ask the questions that the people that's listening to the rail station want you to ask, because you got to pay and the piece.
Speaker 5: To the man, pay you the money, write in the check. Got me, got me fucked up?
Speaker 3: Tell them?
Speaker 2: H me?
Speaker 5: I asked them the questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you won't because we're just not starting to get you to do the right thing. Yeah back, I know you are, definitely with Jerry.
Speaker 5: I asked him.
Speaker 3: There, you're not there.
Speaker 2: See, you have to be careful. That's why I say let me have of this. You got to be careful. Oh run everything, bro, I.
Speaker 5: Got I got the main man. I got the main man on speed that I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just between you and I. Yeah, the most powerful man in the NFL. He lives in Dallas.
Speaker 5: I don't like the I don't like the way he's trying to scare me because he don't want no.
Speaker 3: Trying to scare you. Yeah, you know I We'll keep it factual with you. That's him.
Speaker 2: Stephen Jones has to make sure he got something to say this week. When asked if he sees any significant coaching or personnel changes during the body he said, no, I don't. We got the right kind of guys on the right on the coaching staff, and I think we have the right kind of players. I feel like we got the right group here. I don't necessarily know that raising hell is the answer here. So I ain't no changes.
Speaker 5: What's a as they gonna make right now? Anyway?
Speaker 1: And he really where you're gonna go? I mean, if you're gonna make changes, there has to be a direction in what you're going to go and when you.
Speaker 5: Make the change, what coach you're gonna go get? What plays can you go get?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think right, I don't think Jerry would make a coaching change in season. Yeah, because Zim is on the staff. Zim defense getting trounced, So how do you promote him? Brian Schottenheimer has never been a head coach. His offense is not like they're lighting it up. So if I were to remove Macarthury from his duties, where am I going with this?
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 3: So, but you know, look that's what power does? I mean?
Speaker 2: Power has you moving and thinking, Oh, you asked me that question. Oh, get him up off of that. He gonna talk about it was the guy the guys asked you a million of the questions before. Yes, he was upset because he getting the doors, but he getting Hey they breaking it off up in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they bringing it off up in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up till they breaking it off up in it. And it ain't nothing he can do, Ojo. It's one thing if you know, you lose about field goal here or something. They getting blown out of the building, their building. Kemper, know what Junior said. My question is is when of the Broncos going to retire? You're eighty four, so no one else can wear it, you know, Kemper, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You know what I need to talk. I need to talk to a Walton pill of family.
Speaker 2: I think if you went to go to the Hall of Fame, I think you should have your jersey retire. Especially I did spend twelve about fourteen years there, helped win two Super Bowls. Hell, I think me zum Water meanseum Water, Champ left it. Well, oh well you could wear it. You go into the Hall of Fame, you can get it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nelson said, who is your top five Broncos of all time? Well, you gotta start with seven is one. I would go TD von Miller, John T d Von.
Speaker 3: Hell. I know he only played four years there, but hell, you can't leave Peyton out.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say there's a tie between me and Champ Bailey for five.
Speaker 5: I would take Peyton out and put Champ.
Speaker 3: I mean it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, he played, he played for the Broncos man, I mean, he won an m v P. He went the two Super Bowls. Uh, he was a two time first team All Pro. He broke the record of touchdown passing the game I mean a season. He broke the record touch pass the yards of the season. So I mean Vonn basically single handed won a Super Bowl, So I mean he got what damn one hundred sacks for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Man. I think he's the premium defensive player in Bronco history.
Speaker 2: And you know, we've had some you know, we had Tombstone Jackson, we had Randy Gradishaw, you had Meg, you had Dennis Smith, you had Ad Water. We've had some pretty good defensive players. But I think Vonn is the best one.