Speaker 1: Hey, what up.
Speaker 2: I'm Tinache and right now you're listening to the Bootleg cav Show.
Speaker 3: It's the Bootleg Cabs Show. Uh, and we are very excited for our guests. How's it going to Nash? Shout out to your shorts because they are very sorts are back. You know, those shorts remind me of something that like, I have a cousin who's a jugglo. Do you know what a juggalo is? An insane clown posse fan. Oh okay, looks like some like real.
Speaker 2: Nice like yeah, my grandma would comment like, you paid all that money for them to look like.
Speaker 3: Well, they look like someone beat their wife in them and then.
Speaker 1: Donated and dragged me across the ground.
Speaker 3: I know, I just did you know something like looking don't look at and they look like someone just changed the oil in that. Wow, we're starting off like this. But anyway, good to see you you. It has been a decade I think since I've seen it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, we're aging ourselves here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, it's been like ten months.
Speaker 3: There's like this, uh photo I that's like kind of like a super legendary LA photo. Now that I look back at it. It's we were all in Boston. It was me, you yg Tie. I remember that photo kidding Ill Will Dre Sinatra was in it and I was like, damn, what an era?
Speaker 1: What an ara? Good time?
Speaker 3: For sure, You've had so much longevity in the game, and you know, you've been through so many different eras of your career, whether it's going independent obviously you just got nominated for Grammy recently a couple of years ago. What has been that like, like for you, what do you think has been your key to staying relevant and pushing through and you know, kind of just just all these eras.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think a couple of things.
Speaker 2: I think one is being adaptable, knowing that you know, the world, the universe, the music industry changes a lot, and being able to adapt with that. And then the second thing I think is just not stopping like I just never stopped, Like I just continue to put music out, I continue to put myself out there, continue to put out videos, art, continue to tour like eventually it's going to connect with people.
Speaker 1: You know, you just got to keep going.
Speaker 3: And you've been building like your your your world, like you know, you got some crazy fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have got some crazy fans.
Speaker 2: They're they're really really dedicated, they're die hard. They a lot of them have been there since day one, so it's really great.
Speaker 3: How dope was it to get nominated for the R and B Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't get nominated, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: You didn't?
Speaker 1: I mean I was.
Speaker 2: Nominated in with Kate Trenada Okay, okay, okay, which I believe was Dance Records.
Speaker 3: Was it like two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was like rhythm contemporary some shit, like you know, one.
Speaker 2: Of those crazy like genres that they make up for the grim.
Speaker 3: Yo. For you when you think back to like, uh, you were one of the OG Drake Stimulus package artists as you.
Speaker 1: Would call it, that's kind of true.
Speaker 2: Right because if you think to twu on that was the first remix like Quick twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously the OG had school Boy Q on it, and then the remix it was ode O'Brien who was yeh who was like Drake's homie who was just kind of rapping, and then Drake got on the remix, and it kind of I feel like, obviously the record is already big, but it kind of took it to like another left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely gassed it up, which was very cool in retrospect.
Speaker 3: Was the stimulus package of real thing back then?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, it boot Like I said, it boosted the song. It gave it like a whole new life.
Speaker 2: I mean that's probably one of the best features I ever had that I didn't have to pay for, you know, Like I mean I found out about it on.
Speaker 3: Twitter because it was like on was it on SoundCloud?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 1: I just found out he dropped it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was in that era like where people would just make it's definitely not legal, but like you know nowadays, but it was really cool for sure.
Speaker 1: I was happy about it, to say the least.
Speaker 4: So you you direct your own music videos? What do you like more right now? Currently? I know you're doing your music thing. Do you have an aspirations just keep creating? Because I know you've been behind the camera and I think you directed Boston music video. Well yeah, yeah, So do you have more aspirations to do stuff like that?
Speaker 1: I would love to.
Speaker 2: I feel like directing things and just like having a creative vision and eye something I'm always gonna have and want to do. So whether it's be for myself or someone else in the future, that'd be great. But I'm really enjoying coming up with ideas and stuff for myself right now.
Speaker 4: About like a movie, I do you have any movie? I?
Speaker 2: Oh, I got so many ideas, the crazy ones you got, I can't tell you. My idea is that people are gonna steal my ideas.
Speaker 4: I was trying to steal it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Well, me and James are gonna start trying to produce some toob movies.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Our first idea is, do you remember the movie The Ring? Yes? So I have this idea where it's like The Ring, but only fans, right, Okay, so like like you subscribe to this like mysterious only fans, check on on on only fans, and then she knows. She comes to the screen while you're you got seven days and then and then you got seven day and then there's like there's like this epidemic of men who are caught with their pants down in front of their computers dead right, And it's because this girl comes through the screen. And I just feel like it'd be a toob class.
Speaker 1: I think that would off.
Speaker 4: I don't think that I think it's better than you think.
Speaker 3: It's better than I think it's too.
Speaker 1: Amazon Prime.
Speaker 3: Well, we're shooting in our iPhones, so it's going on to be it don't matter.
Speaker 4: We go we getting money from me. Would you watch that movie?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it sounds. I love horror. I'm a big fan of horror.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite horror movie of all time? For give me?
Speaker 1: Like Shining?
Speaker 2: I love the Shining. I love Midsummer that's like one of my newer I good twenty four Okay, good one. I like a lot of the twenty four, Like I.
Speaker 3: Love Hereditary, Right that a twenty fourth fire the other fire cut Gems that's an a twenty four movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: Do you what about it follows? Did you watch your follows? That?
Speaker 1: It's pretty crazy?
Speaker 4: Was there one that messed you up as a kid? A scary movie?
Speaker 2: The one that messed me up, though most was Paranormal Activity when it first came out and I saw it in the theater and I had to sleep in my parents room that night, and I was like, I was like sixteen years old.
Speaker 1: I had to sleep in my parents.
Speaker 3: Been sixteen in bed with the pair scared am I was.
Speaker 1: I was scared. It only happened to me once.
Speaker 3: That happened to me When I first played Resident Evil as a kid.
Speaker 4: Resident Evil.
Speaker 3: I was playing it on the PlayStation one. Okay, I was alone in my room in the middle of the night playing the zombie game. Shipped my pants and I literally went and slept on the floor of my parents room.
Speaker 4: For me, it was the conjuring, the conjure. Till this day, I can't It was the moment when the demons on top of the damn closet. In the commercials, they just show it. My first time seeing it, I was every black stereotype. I stood up everything I had.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Terrorizer, terrifying, Terrified with the clown dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw Terrified.
Speaker 4: You could watch this.
Speaker 1: I saw Terrified two and I hear there's a Terrifire three.
Speaker 3: I sound. I saw one and two like a month ago. Me and my girl watched both of them back to back. Wow, it's kind of funny, it's pretty, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: What about Human.
Speaker 1: Centerpede, I have not seen Humans.
Speaker 4: Don't watch the second one.
Speaker 3: Don't watch any of them. The first one was good.
Speaker 1: I feel like I already get that.
Speaker 3: No, you don't want to watch it. It's bad. It's dark. You're being in a dark place for like a week after you see it. The guys you have the second one? What what for you? You got this nasty record that's just going absolutely bonkers, and you know TikTok. I feel like every time I swipe it's all there.
Speaker 1: Uh my crazy on TikTok?
Speaker 3: Would you say that that was kind of like the the like where it blew up first?
Speaker 2: Was I feel like I saw it first like getting memefied a lot on Twitter, and then it was TikTok, Like I feel like the original video of like remember there was this video of like this white boy like whine in his hips, and like that was like one that really popped off. I saw that on Twitter before I even saw it on well X whatever, Right, some things can never never be changed.
Speaker 3: So Twitter is where you kind of first noticed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then I also noticed it on It's kind of went viral on all the platforms, but TikTok was where like had a hold on the community.
Speaker 3: Like you're like, uh, do your parents hear like nasty and be like it's a good song, but no.
Speaker 1: My parents are supportive of everything. I do love it.
Speaker 2: They're like, whoa, let's got my grandma like nasty showing.
Speaker 3: Up the chart. Have they ever had like watched your mind looking at your dad and be like, is somebody gonna match my freak? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, cause a lot of arguments at my household, really because my wife will have finished having sex and whatnot. She whispered, my ear, you didn't match my freaking.
Speaker 1: Little period, I feel, I mean, but she was keeping it? Would you rather?
Speaker 4: I mean, let's honestly break this down. Who should match? Should you mash the freak from the less freakier person of the more.
Speaker 1: Freaking person freak person?
Speaker 4: So you're gonna tell the person that's not freaky to do, Hey, I need you to swing on top of the damn chandelier. That's what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: As as the nasty girl herself, I'm gonna say, yes, okay, have you ever had someone exceed your freak and you were just like no, no, no, no, no, that's.
Speaker 3: Yes, we can't do that. As a matter of fact, get out of my house looking and uh, there's a restraining order coming your way because you're a sick fuck. Yet obviously you got the remix with Tiger. You know a lot of people are saying Tiger was like telling everybody that this song was a hit before everybody.
Speaker 1: Like Tiger knows his hits. I will say that you know the.
Speaker 3: Box for sure, and he knows the Nasty records. He's you know, he's the ratchet god. You know what I'm saying, He's.
Speaker 1: The original make it nasty.
Speaker 3: For you, Like just the perseverance of like because I mean, you've had plenty of moments and like, like, like you said, you've been building this huge following and putting in work, but this is like your first real big hit in a long time. How good does it feel to get that off your shoulder? So good?
Speaker 2: It makes you feel like you're on the right track, Like everything's going the way it should. Like all the work that I've been putting in this last however many years.
Speaker 3: Is all paying. It's been a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very affirming.
Speaker 3: I feel like we've grown up in the music. I was doing Afternoons of Tampa when I first interviewed it. Yeah, you're a OG. Yeah do you feel like an og?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: You do in a good way. Though, Do you like give game? To the young artists, like when you you know, sure, what would be your biggest advice to like a young R and B artist trying to break into the music industry.
Speaker 2: Don't let anyone put you in a box unless you want to be in a box. But yeah, just just keep going. Just don't stop. I feel like that's like the biggest people just stop. You know, people get the industry is not an easy place, so I understand, but you just got to keep pushing.
Speaker 4: Was ever a point where you were going to stop and you got a piece of advice? Are you seeing a movie a quote and just kept you going? Are you just never had a point?
Speaker 2: No, I've never wanted to stop. I've never I've never got that point. I feel like I'm the type of person that would create whether you know someone was watching or not.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna just keep making you love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is the craziest and or inappropriate way you've seen your song being used on the internet.
Speaker 2: I've seen some crazy ones, but you know, I don't know. I feel like the algorithm be reading out some of the most inappropriate things nowadays, like TikTok doesn't really allow too many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my algorithm's you know different.
Speaker 4: I guess y, let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's interesting. I don't be on TikTok though, if I'm gonna be one hundred percent honest. Okay, that's why I'm on Instagram and I'm on X right right X.
Speaker 1: A lot more than why, well lot more.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: I had to cleanse my accounts on.
Speaker 1: X because I had to clear your cash and.
Speaker 3: Like, no, no, I just had to unfollow a lot of accounts because it was just you know, there was a point in time where on Twitter, if somebody you were following liked something, oh yeah, you would see it, which was weird. And then I realized I was following a lot of people who were nasty, as you would say. And then I couldn't open Twitter in front of my wife because you just never knew what come up.
Speaker 2: It's kind of happened to me, Like I feel like I've a lot of over the years, I've followed a lot of fans and then a lot of them have like turned into porn pages Twitter exactly, and I'm like where I follow as pormage and then but they're like fans, No, we've all been through that, were were porn.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, yes, but no, You're right. I went through that where there was these random pages that I don't ever remember following, and I'm like, yo, this is real.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes people rebrand, they rebrand or they sell their page.
Speaker 4: Either that or it is too violent on Twitter. That's why I don't like Twitter anymore. You just see some So yeah, Twitter is the new world Star.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We used to go to the World Start and watching kids beat the shit out of each other, and now it's Twitter.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's really real.
Speaker 3: You're right about your ep uh is on the way.
Speaker 1: Quantum Baby?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: What is that? But like it is my album name, I know, but what is it? What does it mean? Like what is it? What is a quantum baby? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I mean it kind of references like kind of getting to the core, getting to like the most discrete unit of measurement, like just kind of really getting down to like a granular level and all like the weird things like the paradoxes and stuff that kind.
Speaker 3: Of spirit you're spiritual.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely spiritual. And I also like to watch like nerdy things on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Like what's nerd quantum physics types, quantum physics.
Speaker 4: You learn quantum physics on YouTube? Yes, that's what I've read.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't say all that.
Speaker 3: I'm not an act, not an actually.
Speaker 1: But I do love to like watch.
Speaker 2: You know, discussions that like no one has the answers of, like what happens at a quantum level? Yea, which is the most interesting part about it because there's so many debates, like really smart people.
Speaker 3: Have they had any master debates? Have I No? I mean we haven't been on the show called master Debate. Okay, anyway, it's a play on masturbation. No, so you're spiritual. Have you ever done psilocybin mushrooms?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And have you had any good trips bad trips? Because we do a lot of shrooms.
Speaker 1: Shrooms are fun.
Speaker 3: Shroom all the time. You might be shrooming right now. At least a micro do micro doves micro is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I feel like my favorite experiences with streams are like at concerts like I Coachella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you feel in music it's hard, so.
Speaker 4: Hard, he'd be red like red, his eyes be parked up like bro.
Speaker 3: And the best My favorite band to listen to on shrooms is Tame and Paula.
Speaker 2: I feel like, honestly, I feel like they kind of they do that on purpose.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're very psychedelica.
Speaker 3: And Paula on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: What did you kind of call their genre music? Like psycho adelic, like rock pop?
Speaker 3: I call it mushroom music. There's that. And then have you know who Mac DeMarco is. Oh, Mac de Marco's great. You watch his music videos on mushrooms. You'd be tripping there.
Speaker 1: It's like some James Blake. Put on some James Blake and like paint, I like some pain.
Speaker 3: Painting on mushrooms. Do you have any of those paintings hung up anywhere?
Speaker 1: Yeh, yes, you should have.
Speaker 3: My moms, you should do a gallery where it's Tanase on shrooms and.
Speaker 2: Then one with me offstrooms, and then you could compare when you like.
Speaker 4: The book All the s Hroom than a gallery by itself.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a no?
Speaker 2: But you know, you get those thoughts and then you're like and you can't go to sleep and they're like.
Speaker 1: Uh, oh well that I.
Speaker 3: Mean you know what I'm saying. Have you have you been in bed and then as soon as you close your eyes, they just take over with your thoughts and then you can't sleep. No, okay, that happened to me like four days ago when.
Speaker 4: Doingrooms like that.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Tanashe. And then your world tour just got announced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so exciting.
Speaker 3: How many dates were? And yeah, I mean it's a world tour for a reason, it's not a nationwide tours. Yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 1: Nation the ones in the US.
Speaker 2: I think there's like twenty five thirty dates maybe more, a lot a lot of shows.
Speaker 1: And then we're going internationals.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to Australia, Europe, it's not even counting those.
Speaker 1: And Asia.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite what part of Asia?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your favorite place to? Like, just you've traveled a lot throughout your career, whe's your favorite place you've gone to, not not to perform, but just to go?
Speaker 1: You love them? Like Bora Bora, Bora bora top tier? Is that where they happen on Earth?
Speaker 3: They got the hotels like in the middle of ocean? Yeah, oh that's what do they got, Paige? Okay, they got the bungalows over the water though, right, you stayed in one worth it? Oh? Yeah? Okay, I highly recommend it. Got to go to Bora Bora. What about performing wise, where's outside of the US. What's your favorite place you performed at. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The shows are always crazy in Paris, the those are always crazy in London. I was just in China. Those shows were pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was literally just there last week.
Speaker 3: It was the Chinese food better there because I actually heard that the best Chinese foods in the Bay. Even if you go to China, if you try that like San Francisco or La Chinese food to like, it's like different, it hits different, likes different. Yeah, so you you prefer our Chinese.
Speaker 1: Food personally, But I didn't grow up in China, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a fair point. That's a fair point.
Speaker 1: Like that's an acquired taste, you know, since you.
Speaker 3: Got in the game. A lot of look females run hip hop now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we love to see it.
Speaker 3: It is amazing to see. If you could pick a female MC to do a collab EP or album with, who would it be?
Speaker 2: Mmm, Doja Doja Catice some Fire for sure.
Speaker 3: I think she's like low key, Like I say, I'm so excited because she's doing the iHeart Festival and her live show. When I saw her tour, you know, like you know, you go to those big tours and there's a lot of outfit chaine and theatrics, and it was just she was wearing the same ship the whole time and she was just up there destroying it with stage presents.
Speaker 1: I know that is all you need.
Speaker 3: I agree. And she got out wrap almost. I mean she's when she wants to beat be on her MC ship. Great, she's a problem kill great.
Speaker 2: We actually have the same like music director and this like her drummer is was my drummer from time, like my first show I ever did in twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh ship. Yeah, so week time flies, We're connected connected for sure. EP comes out a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tomork tomorrow, so.
Speaker 3: It's actually by the time this drops, it's out out. Don't get the EP quantum baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, check get out stream it. Run it up.
Speaker 3: If you see her at Coachella, she's high on rooms. Just do this.
Speaker 1: I have my glasses on.
Speaker 2: Just be like I got you girls, that's a sign you got glassbl oh no, I Coachella, Coachella. I'll give my secrets because I'll be wearing the sunglass inside all the time.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm a rock.
Speaker 3: Star, I mean, you know, it's a rock starship.
Speaker 1: You never know, you never know, it might be.
Speaker 3: There, it is, Tanasehe congrats on everything. Go stream the EP, What's out, Now out and Nasty is taking over the world.
Speaker 1: Number one comes to my show at the Greek Oh in October.
Speaker 3: And congrats on by now. This will be your song's number one rhythm by now yeah, number one yesterday, oh number one. Yeah you posted it. Yeah, so congrats number one. There you go, number one in the country. God damn it, Tanashe, thanks for sitting with us.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.