Speaker 1: Hello, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing. I'm actually like pretty calm right now, which is great. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is. Man. You ever get really calm and then you're like, all right, I need to backtrack and make note of all the variables of this situation so I can reverse engineer the calmness at all times. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: It makes sense, But you're gonna hate my answer. Whenever I'm like in that state, I'm just like, oh, this is nice, and then I just kind of let it ride out.
Speaker 2: That's the funny thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I take note of, like here the things going on around me, and like maybe you know, this is the thing that's making things feel cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But otherwise I'm just you know, trying to live in the moment. Let it, Let it be cool.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: That's the funny thing is I think when you're calm, if you then start to go okay, I need to reverse engineer the variables that got me to this state, and then all of a sudden, bam, you're anxious again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's it's putting too much thought into like being calm. It's like, all right, let's just enjoy being calm. Let's let's enjoy like, you know, the day and kind of like.
Speaker 1: The state that you're in.
Speaker 2: I will say, there's probably all There probably is elements to why I'm feeling more calm, but I don't know what they are.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can like show up, be anything you could have just like slept well the night before, and that just does enough to like bring chemistry to just like oh, or feeling good today because I stowed up. Think like, whenever I have a day where I'm feeling like exceptionally well, I think it's like just the smallest thing that happened to go right in your day that kind of sets you up for having like a good rest of your day. So I think sometimes it's just walk.
Speaker 2: I uh, well, I have a I'm doing a poker game tonight, so I'm excited about that. I feel like that's I like, that's that's the thing for me. Is I feel like I like having something to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Now, are you looking forward to like hanging out and being with people. Are you looking forward to like gambling and like losing all your money?
Speaker 2: No, it's just like no, I I like I actually, well, I really like I like I've started getting into poker, very low sticks, like twenty dollars poker, just because it's like I like being around a table of people and like hanging out. But and and but like you don't necessarily are You're not necessarily obligated. It's not like a fucking dinner party where you have like this weird obligation to talk. But it's the it's my here's the poker. Actually, here's what it is. Is it fulfills my dream scenario at all times. My dream scenario at all times is to be in a group of people who are all like talking and have the option to join in on the conversation, but also the option to withdraw and just simply be around people without the pressure of having to keep up a conversation. Actually, I take back that that's my dream at all times, because actually there's a lot of times where I do enjoy having a one on one conversation. But there's a lot of times where I feel that way, where I'm like, I want to be around people, but I don't really want to have to talk to anyone, and poker is like the perfect scenario. I actually don't like gambling, like you know, that's why I like playing like very like low stakes things like I went to I mean, I've been to Vegas a bunch of times, but I put like ten dollars in a Willy Wonka slot machine once and then I lost, and I was like, I think that's the end of my gambling. See that's I don't like like the slot machines and stuff, because that's all the opposite of what I was just talking about. Like I like just like being around Oh yeah, folks.
Speaker 3: I get like that same kind of like interaction to like concerts, Like I go to like a lot of like hardcore shows, like you know, small like shit, like fifty people in like a and everyone's so chill that it's like all right, I can like talk and engage in conversation. But the really one thing that I really really like about it is that, like you know, we're all everybody's talking, canking, go out whatever you want, but as soon as the band comes on, everybody just needs to kind of be quiet for a sec and then you enjoy the band and kind of beat the fuck out of your friends. And that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh wait, you know what the best feeling in the world is, Okay, when You're at like show, whether it's like comedy or concert or whatever, and you're like talking to someone and not necessarily because you don't enjoy the conversation that you're having, but just because ending a conversation in general can be difficult. Right, You're having a conversation with somebody and then the thing starts, like the lights go down, yeah, and then that naturally ends your conversation for you. It's like that's like a chef's kiss moment.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, you don't even know. There's so many times like I feel like I'm all right with having like having a conversation, but starting it and ending it are like my nightmareson I know, because I never know how to end it. Just having like the natural cutoff of like we're done with this conversation can sometimes be a lfesaver in like just in a situation.
Speaker 2: Right right, I'm very I got a weird thing socially where like some some times I truly feel like I'll I'll be out some nights or like you know, doing this podcast or like whatever, I'll be out some nights. And sometimes I'm like, dude, I'm like a fucking genius. Like I feel like I can talk to anyone. I feel like I can hold a conversation great. I feel like I can. I've been like, like, i I'll like learn how to end conversations gracefully by just like citing you. I think I think the key to all of Like sometimes I'm like like that and I'm like, dude, I'm like I'm like butter today. And the other times I'm like, oh man, I'm like whacked out right now. I can't do any of that, And it goes It goes back to the beginning of the conversation we were having about the variables and the cocktail that needs to be creating, not the you know, alcohol, but like the cocktail that needs to be created of different variables to get to that point. What were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: I do just think the exact same thing. Like it. It feels like luck. Sometimes it feels like, oh, I just woke up in the day where I'm able to just be on and you know, have this conversation and you know, move in in and out like it's nothing. And there are times where I'm like I'm slipping over every single word that comes out of my mouth, and the ability to make friends today is just non existent.
Speaker 2: You know, there's one I was watching some stupid YouTube video or I guess it wasn't stupid because it was I thinking about it and it was actually smart and not stupid at all. But what anyway, it said something like like like socially, just start meaning like meaning me meaning oh no, no, no, not start. I'm sorry, starts the wrong word. Go first is the right word. Like if you're like add a fucking thing or whatever, and everyone's being weird and no one's talking to each other, or even if people are talking to each other, like go be the first one to be like, hey, how's it going. What are you guys doing? Hey, my name is whatever, or like if you walk by someone on the street, like go first to smile and wave. You know, if if you're having a conversation and you don't necessarily know how to end it, go first and being like, well, hey man, it was nice to meet you, and I'll see you around the universe, you know, just like h like realize that in actually, weirdly, in every single social situation, you always have the power to like do that, to go first in whatever, whether it's wanting to talk to somebody or wanting to not talk to somebody or wanting to feel connected in some way like that. When that kind of hit me, I'm like, oh, I should just always go first.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 3: So let's say, like you're at a place you want to talk to somebody you don't know, you don't know them, Do you just go up and talk to them? Because for me personally, I just try to think of the weirdest thing I could point out that's going on around me and then try to like create a conversation off of that. Do you do something like that or you just see?
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that because it's a great litmus test, right because if you go up to somebody and you say something weird there, if that person is you know, keeps the ball rolling with you, yes, and you that's a great person to talk to. That's the person you want to be in a conversation with. But the person goes, what what do you fucking Oh? I don't really get it. Then you're like, great, I don't have any interest in being in a conversation with this person anyway, So yeah, you know, that's that's the way to do it. What do I do in that situation? It depends sometimes, Like I went out the other I'm trying to like, I have this I have this thing, like I need to leave my fucking house every day or else I go insane. And I there's this venue around town that I wanted to go to. I just wanted to check it out and see what's going on. So I just I just went and they were having like a little fundraiser party for an indie film that someone working at the venue was making, and so I just started I was just you know, it was it was kind of an easy thing to uh, you know, go up to somebody and be like, hey, what do you have something to do with the film, and you know, then we just start talking from there. And I also, I'm also late recently, I've gotten pretty good as well at recognizing with recognizing when somebody doesn't want to be talking to me and accepting that and moving on. It's very It's it's an important skill to learn whether or not somebody wants to talk to you, because if someone if you're engaged in a conversation and you're asking someone question. If here's the key, if someone wants to be talking to you, they will ask, they'll let you know, they'll fucking let you go, they'll ask you questions back, they'll be like oh what or like, you know whatever. But if someone does not want to be talking to you, they will just be giving you nothing. And if someone's if you're talking to somebody and they're giving you nothing and they don't want to talk to you, there is something graceful about being just like all right, well, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Right one nd. And I feel like there's a decent ont of like social situations where uh like and also just like if it doesn't go like a one hundred percent perfect like just not letting it ruin the rest of your time at that event and just like all right, well that was what it was and let's move on. Uh is also like decently important to you know, like ensuring that you're the rest of your night go as well.
Speaker 2: All this all this fucking shit is in your fucking brain. It's all in your mind, I know, the confident and whatever you know, and.
Speaker 3: The best play the game of the conference is just not like just doing it, which is you know, easier said than done. But you know, just like with like I heard somebody like describe it as like working out. Uh yeah, you know, if it's not if it's not a muscle you flex constantly. You're gonna struggle with it, but the more you do it, the more it will come natural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. Yeah. Yeah. Sometimes you if you hold yourself up for too long or you stay alone for too long, you like you just forget how to talk to people. Same thing as like being out of the gym for too long, you know, and then the other consequentially, Right, if you get used to going up to you know, you're at a party, like hey, what if a is you know, uh, you get better at doing that, and you get better at kind of like handling the rejection of you know again that moment when you realize that somebody just doesn't want to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now that being said, a good night alone. I don't just like pretending like the world doesn't exist every once in a while, nothing better.
Speaker 2: I Uh, I did that last night. I normally I try to, like I go on fucking meet up and I go on uh uh all them. I'm on all these email lists of like stuff to do, and I try to just go out and just be out of my house because I just I can't. I don't like staying you know, home and with my thoughts. But yesterday I did that and it actually was pretty nice. I have this thing where I think because on the podcast I have all these like, uh kind of more esoteric conversations about life, and you know, uh, I get a Oh lately at least, I've been getting very existential and talking about brain stuff, and I just whatever the fuck. My favorite fucking thing is I want to watch I just want to watch something that has nothing to do with the world or the brain or whatever. Like yesterday I just sat on the couch and I watched an hour long video ranking all of the Warrio games.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, this is exactly what I need in my face right now, is not I don't want to read the news. I don't want to you know, some stupid psychology video about why you know your brain whatever. Just let's rank the Warrio games. I mean, that's what's great about video games is a deep sense of escapism.
Speaker 1: And like.
Speaker 3: I've heard you talk before about like escapism and stuff like that, and you know, sometimes it's used, and I think escapism personally is like super necessary, like for some parts of the day just to like forget about, you know, things existing and just doing something that like you just just enjoy and just uh like I don't want to see like mentally fuck off, but almost like mentally fuck off because like you know, life is short, Uh, I don't you don't need to be spending the whole time like learning things. As much as I love learning, I love learning, but like sometimes just mentally fucking off. It's just beautiful. I do it at least for like an hour a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to just turn the brain off mentally, I think there's a bad. Yeah, there's gotta be a good there's a good balance. You don't want to you don't want to escape too much that you're far gone and you have forgot how to talk to people. But then also if you stress your f and I do. I do this a lot, stress yourself out so much about like existing in the real world and trying to like make something of yourself in the real world and trying to you know, push forward. You just you just stress out and you spiral. See this is good. This's got to be a fucking h good balance of that. I guess that's the Yeah, that's my balance is trying to go out, trying to talk to people, trying to do things, trying to be a human being and then uh being like all right, I I uh, I have stressed myself out too much. I'm gonna watch ranking all the Yoshi. I'm gonna I'm gonna watch this fucking uh YouTube video about the history of the virtual boy.
Speaker 3: Now with a video with where they're ranking uh the Warrio games. Did you did you have like a firm opinion on it or were you there like just to learn? Like were you did you hear his number one ranking and you're like, fuck, yeah, you nailed it, or you're like you're full of shit, you don't know anything.
Speaker 2: I was a big I'm a big fan of uh oh, warrior Ware Touched. I want to say, was he ranked all the games with Warrio in them, so he hed cross pollinated the Warrior Were games and the Warrior Land games, and which is a bit of is you know? I mean, I guess they're all warrior games, but I think I think Warriorwear Touched was at the top of at least his warrior ware list, and that I agree with. But I'm biased because I grew up with It's what's your what's your name again? Tony?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: This has been nice chatting with you I'm enjoying this. This is I gotta say, I I while I do love. While I have had a lot of fun with a lot of the different kinds of genres and calls that this podcast has taken form of, I've been enjoying this new one lately of simply just chatting with folks. So thank you for simply just chatting with me today, Tony.
Speaker 3: Okay, of course, weather anytime?
Speaker 2: Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, I love you all.
Speaker 2: Picker later, Tony yep. Hello, Hey, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: Chris? What's up? Chriss?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Has it gone?
Speaker 4: I'm blessed man, but I've still got some struggles in my life. How about you, mister, getto.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's uh? What's blessing you? These days?
Speaker 4: Always say I'm blessed because you know, I could walk, I could talk, I speak and breathe. Man, you know, not a lot of people have that, well, not everybody at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really that's I think the meaning of I've speculated often on what the meaning of life is. Maybe there's multiple of them, but that's definitely one of them. I think is like getting your baseline of happiness down to that, right, you can either have you can either you can either get yourself to externally meet your internal requirements for happiness, even if they're a fucking lot, or you can just lower the bar to the ground and be like, all I need in my life is to breathe. But that's hard. You know that's hard, right, Neither do I not a lot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say I'm blissed because I acknowledge that least out of that, But I'm always stressing out man, always NonStop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, just the thing of like, you know, yeah, if you can, if you can be happy with not a lot, you're probably gonna be happier. But some people are. I'm not. I don't think I'm wired to be that way. I'm not wired to be happy, uh, sitting alone in a room like if I were like alone, Like here's the thing, right, is like if I were like alone in an empty white room and I was naked and occasionally, uh, someone slid in apple and some water under the door, and that was like my entire life. I don't think I could get to a point where I'm like, well, at least I'm breathing you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's part of the human condition though, it's like we always want more. Yeah, Like, even when do you go into the gym, I'm sure every time you go in there, it's like, man, I don't look good. Man, if only whether it's cant so cautious, like, man, I wish I look like this dude, when reality that dude, you wish you looked like, wish you looked like somebody else. Like it's yeah, even with the even with the wealthiest people, man like, they don't they're not happy with their wealth. They just looked at other wealthy people and kind of get discrowned by it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I will say I've whenever I do curls in the mirror, I do look at myself and I'm like, I think I look pretty sick.
Speaker 1: Fuck, yo, bro, curls up, they do.
Speaker 2: That's what that's doing, curls and looking at your biceps and being like, yo, I'm kind of actually awesome. This is a great feeling today.
Speaker 4: Boys, I'm him what.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, that's that's the feeling. So what's well, I'll ask you this. I haven't asked anyone this episode this, but uh, is there a specific thing that you wanted to talk about today or just kind of wanna wanna dick around?
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I call it men because, uh, Griosy told I've been feeling lonely lately.
Speaker 2: Man, Well let's talk about this. Why are you feeling lonely?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I just realized, like a lot of the friends I have, like truthfully man, like they have helped me before, but nowadays it just feels like it feels just really one sided. Like I I could sit here and listen to my buddy's issues, you know, and try to help talk them through it and be there for him, but it's like when it's so the way around, it's usually like, oh, that's not.
Speaker 1: A big deal, man, why are you worried about it?
Speaker 4: And me and him actually had a little falling.
Speaker 3: Out recently, so now it's kind of been me. You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously I've got friends at church and stuff like that, but whenever I get off of work and I go home, it's just me and it's a little nerve rattling.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So you go to church, yeah, and do you meet people at church?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a small church, so I know, everybody there. But it's a weird dichotomy, man, Like the kids my age all go to school because I'm twenty three.
Speaker 2: You know, you're twenty three, little mall. Yeah, I thought you were like forty eight years old. This changes everything, This changes completely. You're twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I thought you were.
Speaker 2: Like fucking fifty. Oh my god. Okay, hold on, it's changes. This is okay.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 2: I thought this was going to be a way more depressing conversation. But this is great. This is great. Okay, continue continue.
Speaker 4: Please, So, like you know, I don't make a long story short, man, I've had to provive for myself about eighteen, right, I basically grew up in the equivalent of a crackhouse, so I had to get the fuck out of there as soon as I could. And so, tom Bean, I can't really go to college. So all the college kids that are around, I don't know how they really view me. They don't treat me bad or nothing, but it's like they don't. They also don't invite me to ship either, and it feels like they're just kind of nice to me because we all go to church and they want to be nice. So really, like the majority of my friends are all older than me, Like they're all thirty plus.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, what so? What so? What's what state are you in? Can I ask?
Speaker 4: I live in Georgia, South Georgia.
Speaker 2: South Georgia. How close are you to fucking Atlanta? Ship?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Like three hours?
Speaker 2: Three hours? What do you do for work?
Speaker 4: I build grills, lawnmowers and patio furniture for lows and home depots and.
Speaker 2: Your main your main problem is that you're lonely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like really, man, no, go ahead. I don't know what to be true, but I just feel like, one of these days I'm going to have a group of people, because you know, I DJ but also like making beaks, like I don't want to actually have a click of people. We all come together and make our little hometown of the hot spot.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, dude, Oh my god, what's your name again?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: Chris? Chris? I I I feel I so deeply want to go I I I know maybe it's out of place, but I so deeply want to go. Life coach on you right now because I have just I have just so many ideas about your life. It's fun to have ideas about what other people should the best, the coolest thing ever is to have ideas about what other people should do with their lives because you just give it you just because you don't have to do them yourself. You know, that's just so it's way more fun. It's so fun too. This is one of the things I think I like doing about this podcast is it's so fun to come up with ideas for other people to do with their lives. Because that's the fun part is the coming up with the idea is the actually doing it is the hard part. But I have I have so many ideas for your life.
Speaker 4: Man, go ahead, I'm all theres.
Speaker 2: I mean, well all right, let's you know, if we can get into the weeds of it here. What where do you live? You live alone?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just in like and what do you pay for your apartment?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I live in a it's like a quadruplex.
Speaker 1: But it's just like.
Speaker 4: My own little apartment. No one else can get in there.
Speaker 2: It's all about what do you pay for it?
Speaker 4: It's like seven and fifty a months?
Speaker 2: Seven fifty a month? Okay, what and this job you have making grills and shit? What could you get a job? Because if his can, I can? I just Can I just tell you what I would do if I were you? Go ahead, okay, if I were you, Chris, If I were you, and I know you're not supposed to tell people to do by just some so like fired up about this, If I were you, I would just fucking move to Atlanta, Okay, get go live with like six fucking roommates so that you can still be paying seven fifty, and then just start, you know, find some fucking bullshit fucking job like as you know, tending bar or fit, just some fucking what you could like if you really try, you can find some fucking bullshit fucking thing to do, and then live in Atlanta with like six roommates, go out to DJ events, start your own DJ night at whatever bar that you end up bar attending at, or whatever the fuck place will have you, Start some fucking meetup group of like you know, beat makers who get to get their every Wednesday at whatever the fuck, and just do live that life like is that does that? That doesn't even sound that hard when you do that.
Speaker 1: No, it wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: But here's the dilemma.
Speaker 2: Mis tell me the dilemma. I want to know the dilemma.
Speaker 4: I would be out the fucking town in a heartbeat. But my sad job with the jan is actually a family owned business, and so the guy who runs it has been doing this for over forty years, and so essentially where I'm at right now. Okay, so just number wise, per gig, I get about four hundred minimum in Atlanta and in Savannah, Like, I really appreciate the scene up there, and one day I will like, I really do want to go up there and just explore. But everybody is having to work twice as hard as me to get half as much money as me, and they're not learning from a guy who's been doing.
Speaker 1: It for forty years. Sure, so he's sixty right now.
Speaker 4: He says he's gonna restire he turns seventy, so ultimately, which I appreciate you telling me this, but.
Speaker 1: The dilemma is, I.
Speaker 4: Want to learn as much as I can from this guy because he really knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Well. Man, Look look, look I respect that. I respect that well. So then I guess, Look, if if you don't want to move to Atlanta, which I know is like a whole big life thing, you know there, I guess I guess what I'm saying to you is that there are ways, I think, and look, this is what I'm trying to fucking do in my own life. There are ways to I think, create more community where you already are by just like going first, you know what I mean, Like being the guy to invite people over, or like if you want to be in a thing with a bunch of people doing a fucking thing, you gotta be the You gotta be the guy to go first and be like, hey, there is there one other person who DJs in wherever the fuck Georgia you live in.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you telling me that, man, because I do have some people in snapchat from around here that you know, a lot of people in my age, I don't know if it's the age of social media or what, man, and a lot of people are afraid to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are afraid to talk to each other. A lot of people don't want to leave their house. But here's the thing, here's the crazy thing, And this is what I've noticed is that within all those people who are afraid to leave their house and afraid to talk to people whatever, I think genuinely that there is some fucking yearning that everyone has and this, Bro, there's a yearning and everyone's afraid to go first. But when you go first, the people who have the yearning will join you.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm giving you a virtual I thought right now, Man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to fall Look, I'm gonna try to follow my own advice. I mean, that's kind of the era that I'm in right now.
Speaker 4: If you move to Atlanta, I'll come with you.
Speaker 2: I am Unfortunately, I love Atlanta. I've been in Atlanta a bunch of times. I've lived there a couple of times, but I'm I am not going to move to Atlanta anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for having me on, mister get y'all have a blessed God, bless America.
Speaker 2: They take care of him.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, all right, see Russy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on. That's kind of my arc right now. That's what I'm It's fun. I feel like it's it's fun when I talk Sometimes when I talk to callers, I'm like, I'm just kind of like and a lot of the times on this podcast, I'm just like kind of working out a lot of my own issues. And as I'm talking to somebody about there, as I'm coming up with solutions for myself, and that's kind of that's I think one of them, you know, in the call that we just had, is like, yeah, I mean, you know, if you're kind of lonely and you want to do a thing, you just got to start at yourself. Hello, Hi, can.
Speaker 5: You hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I'm Sam and today's my birthday?
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday? How old are you turn in?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: You know what, we don't even have to you know what I've thought about, Sam, is I've thought about there's no way I'm going to actually be able to do this, But could you imagine how much better life would be if you just forgot how old you were?
Speaker 5: That'll be cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: One day, I guess I would look in the mirror and I have all these wrinkles, and I really could be any age. The mind is the age, right, The age is your age. Your mind is your age. So I'm literally about to wash this chemical out of my hair, and I was like, let me call one more time, So I'm gonna turn off the water and let the chemicals just stay in my hair a little bit longer, because.
Speaker 2: Oh here here, I was gonna actually this is perfect I was going to go on a rant, So if you want to wash the chemicals out of your hair, I'll go on my rant and then we can reconvene afterwards. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: What's what's your rent about? Right now?
Speaker 2: My rant is about this idea of like age being in the mind. And I'll tell a quick tidbit. There's this guy. So I just I spent two months in Japan uh at the beginning of this year. And there's this guy. His name is Dave Bull I think is his name, and he's like seventy something and he has a he lives in Japan. My friend sense Martian shout out him he and she introduced me to this guy Dave who he lives in Japan and he's been living there for a while and he has this like wood print shop that does like a traditional like wood printing stuff. And I met this guy. He's like in his seventies and he's running this shop. And the guy is running his shop like he's fucking twenty three years old, running a startup like he's He's running around and he's like, Okay, we're doing We're getting these shipments. We gotta do this, we gotta do that and know, we're doing content and we're doing this, and you know, he's got this whole studio where he does his Twitch streams and he makes YouTube videos and he's shipping out orders and he's got this team and he's like he's really working. It's really and you talk to him and he's sharp, and it's like, dude, I'm this guy's seventy four fucking years old. I was so inspired by the way that he ran his business, in the way that he was being because I'm like twenty seven and I'm you know, you meet a lot of people who are, you know, younger, younger than me, even are people in the thirties or whatever who just feel done and they feel old, right, and then you meet a guy like this, this guy in Japan, and you're like, oh, it's all you're really just at any given point in your life about as old as you decide that, y'all are. You know? I just thought that was interesting. So that's my rant. How are How are the chemicals in your hair?
Speaker 5: You know they're doing good? I think, uh, I think a few more minutes won't really kill them, because it's gonna be a little more lengthy process. To get them out. So I'm just gonna let him be for a bit. But I totally know what you mean. And I went to this workout class today and the instructor he's like this really old guy, but uh, the energy he had. He's like, all right, we're going yes, yes, baby, go oh, get to get a little bit lower perfect. Yeah, And he's running around like enthused, and and I was like, man, like, he came to be the coach today. Sometimes you have a workout coach and they're just really like they could care less about what's going on. You can tell, but that guy was like super into it. And and he was older, probably one of the older coaches I've had. But it was really cool. Also, I I've been following you for a little bit, as in, like, I know you guys are walking around Japan watching their live stream a little bit because I'm so enthused about Yeah, I'm so dused about traveling. And bro, I'm about to go to Hawaii on my first solo trip next week.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry, kick Guss, kick ass, how long are you be there for?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be there for a week and then when the flight lands, like the Tuesday after I'm gonna go to work like from the airport, so we'll seeah that goes, but I think I can troop through it. I'm really excited. Uh, I'm gonna go to like the Honolulu area and stay in the school hostel for the first time and see how awesome it is. I'm really, really really excited.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna ask, is if you were doing the hostel route, dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so the one that I'm going to stay at. It has like daily tours and like all these events where you can meet travelers, and it has h like they transport you places and they're like here we can go see this and that, and they have like a daily schedule and I'm really excited. There's also like an app, dude, So the hostel has an app where you and talk to all these other travelers like plan things and meet people. It's so awesome. I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, I mean what yeah, what you're talking what you're talking about is awesome.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shot free advertising too, Hostile World.
Speaker 5: Dot com Yep, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They have. Yeah, they have these group chats where you can like meet people and hostels and yeah, there's you know what's it's so it's a it's interesting. So what you're talking about these hostels, they exist like all over the world, and there's a culture of like people I've met like I would I I've I've done a lot of like hostel traveling, and you know, there's all the You'll meet somebody and they'll be like, yeah, I've been on the road for nine months, just like you know that whatever. They they maybe have some kind of online job or like a lot of people just like waitress or or or do some kind of odd job for like six months out of the year and they just live super humbly and with a bunch of fucking roommates or whatever, and they just save up all that money and then they go for six months and run around all these hostels or they have a remote job or something. And yeah, it's interesting, dude, there's people out there who are who are really living that lifestyle for extended periods of time. I'm excited for you. It's not like the first time you go when you solo travel and you kind of experience what it's like to just throw yourself into that ocean. It's really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm really I can't wait because I've traveled a lot since I was younger, but it was always to a destination or like to a family member, Like like a destination is in like, oh, I'm going to this festival, like I'm not going to explore the city or whatever, like, and I'm usually with a group of friends. So this is like the first time I'm going just just because And it was so cheap dude too, so I'm excited. And of course I'm going through like a little breakup, and that's just of course like helping me, you know, blossom, because I love I've always loved traveling, and you know, like there's sometimes when you have a person and they're they're I don't know, Like Mix was a little more conservative as far as like, uh, being able to spend anything on anything, so it was kind of like a guilt trip if I wanted to go somewhere, like I had to front for both of us and then he paid me back later and it's kind of like freeing just like hey, I want to go. I'm going to go. I'm going to meet people, and this is like the start of a new end, new chapter. So it's great. What's the favor like, what's your favorite place that you've traveled like out of the US.
Speaker 2: My two favorite cities out of the US are Amsterdam and Tokyo. Uh. Amsterdam's great. Amsterdam's got this hostel called the Flying Pig that was one of the first hostels I stayed in when I was doing like so travel stuff. And it's cool because yeah, they have like a bar and they're very like, you know, social hostile. And then I also there's I don't know if it's still around, but there's a hostel in Amsterdam called Cocoa Mama, and that one's a little bit more like chill vibes, like a communal living room. People are playing board games and watching TV and stuff. That's one of the really cool things about like hostels is that they have like varying vibes. Like if you want to go meet a bunch of strangers and go out and get fucked up and you know, do all that stuff, there's places where you can go do that. And then if you just want to chill and play board games as places to do that too. Yeah, it's a cool. It's a cool scene. I really like if you're if you're like young and you're out of college, you have a gap or whatever, or you just have no fucking idea what you're doing. I highly recommend given that shit a shot because it's also like you said, it's like it's a really cheap and fun way to travel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was so surprised. Like hotels versus hostels are are freaking crazy. And then I know people are worried about the safety and a lot of hostles, But I feel like if you look at the reviews and you look at the like, people will complain more about things they don't like than leave great reviews. So if there's a lot of great reviews, you're probably gonna be okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So this is your first solo trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like completely by myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah at school? Are you Are you nervous? Are you excited? I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not really nervous at all. I'm I'm just excited and I'm I'm waiting to see how this one goes. Because I'm actually going to come to New York in May and then i have a week in October. I'm trying to figure out where i should go next. I'm not really sure what's.
Speaker 2: On your You have a list of like places you might want to go.
Speaker 5: I really want to go to New Zealand and walk the like you know, the Mortar and the Shire and all that stuff. But yeah, yeah, that's like a dream of mine. But I think that that's going to need a bigger tonk of time. My work is super picky about vacations there. I'm like a manager at a place, like a retail place, and they're like, you can only take the vacation Saturday to Friday. And I'm like, but it's cheaper to travel like Monday and Monday, Like that's great, but we allow you to go Saturday to Friday. So it was just really strange. I get a lot of PTO, but they're just very picky about how I use it. So although I want to go to New Zealand, I think that's like probably something I can't do in just like a seven day period, so I need to be like fourteen days or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: New Zealand's tricky. Uh Yeah. I went to I did a little Australia tour like a couple of years ago, and then when I came back, it was a full like ten days of like I couldn't sleep. I was like up until six o'clock in the morning every night and sleeping until two pm some crazy shit. Damn, what's going on in your life besides uh traveling?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm starting to paint again. I used to paint like all the time and do resin art and stuff, but I just kind of moved away from it. Uh, But like now that I have more time, I'm getting back into it. And I just did my first three resin pieces like a couple of weeks ago. I'm I'm really happy about. And I just got a new position at words that's pretty cool too. Yeah, and uh, I don't know, just getting back into the gym, you know, getting back into the swing of things pretty much. But but it's really fun. Do you ever do Do you ever paint or anything?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Do you ever do art? Arts and crafts kind of stuff?
Speaker 2: Well, I successfully got a bunch of people to look at a bunch of trash that I put behind glass is part of it. And uh, that was that was fun. It It made me wish that I did have some kind of artistic talents. Do I ever do are I'll doodle? I doodle, I doodle, I doodle to get out like none of my doodles are good. They're they're they're mainly just like schizophrenic like adhd uh fidgets more than they are any anything that attempts any sort of artistic value. But yeah, I don't know so much if I if I do any yards as I do just fidget with a pen making little uh circles and squares and stick figures and.
Speaker 5: Ship Hey, well, you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's some stuff I see in the museum and I wonder, like why it's there. So, like, you know, everyone has their own perception. You never know someone could fall in love with your ADHD squiggly art.
Speaker 2: You have no idea, bro, it's there because some fucking douchebag got some fucking email and was like, all right, this is you know, things are the way they are because some person decided that it was supposed to be there or whatever. And you know, they own the museum so they can do whatever they want. And I mean, yeah, that's that's why stuff is there.
Speaker 5: You know, how was your your art exposit? What is our effort? I was saying the word and I like the expression. Yeah, yeah, I was not received like by people who weren't sure of what they were looking at exactly.
Speaker 2: I think everyone had a good time, man. I actually it's funny. I so I auctioned off the pieces at the end, I kept.
Speaker 1: Two of.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I kept two of them, and then one of them, the guy who bought it just didn't show up to get it, which I thought was gonna happen for all of them, to be honest. But so I took the remaining three pieces and I stacked them all up and I put them in my room, and like, Okay, I know it's trash, but like I know it's trash, and I know I'm the one that made it. So maybe this is a little bit selfish to say. But something about the empty water bottle in the glass, it does look cool. It looks cool when you display it. I'm like, I look at it, and I'm like, I like that. I would have that, So I at least feel good that, even though it is putting trash behind a glass box, I feel like I made something that I myself would would and do display currently in my living space. So I feel good about that. Yeah, what's your name again? My name Sam, Sam uh Sam. Good luck on your solo. Chip. I love I love hearing people do shit. I love that people are doing things and excited. I often I feel often too jaded, and it makes me feel good too. I'm living vicariously through your joy in this moment. So good luck to you.
Speaker 5: But I have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you too. Bye bye, Sam Bye.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 1: My name is Tim. Tim. We talked a while ago. I'm the guy that got the colonoscopy with.
Speaker 2: The guy that got the colonoscopy? How long ago was this?
Speaker 1: This was a while ago. Yeah. You said if I had a good colon, you'd come to Portland, and if I had a bad colin, you'd destroy Portland with your death. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what so what happened? Do you have the good colin to the bad solid?
Speaker 1: My colon is good, so you have to come back.
Speaker 2: I've been to port I wouldn't it. I've been to Portland a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but the deal was you'll come back.
Speaker 2: I would no. No, if I do, I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm gonna do. Yeah, I I need. I kind of needed to take this year off, but I'm gonna try to do. If if there if there remains interest in therapy. Gecko live around the country. I absolutely will go to Portland again if people wanted.
Speaker 1: To come back.
Speaker 2: Friend, and you know, it's f I don't. I don't know. I'm always like again, we're getting to the summer. It'll be five years of of geckoing, and I'm every year, I'm like, it's crazy, this keeps lasting this long.
Speaker 1: Man, I've been here all five years.
Speaker 2: Fucking crazy. Man, I'm blessed. I don't know why. I don't know why I go crazy all the time. This is a it's a it's a real it's a real blessing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I gotta zoom out every now and then.
Speaker 1: I feel like we got to talk about more than Mike Colon this time.
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, we can. We can just talk about life. I like the life stories. It feels weird giving a life story, you know what I mean? It almost feels self centered.
Speaker 2: Uh God, please do it. I don't well, Uh, what is your life story? Who are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, I'm twenty five right now. I'm from Arkansas, but I live in Oregon. I moved here when I was nineteen. Yeah, damn, now that I'm now that I'm ready to tell you my life story, I don't know how to tell you my life story.
Speaker 2: That was a paradoxical thing you just said. Are you are? Do you feel ready to tell me your life story?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not ready to tell you my life story, Lyle?
Speaker 2: Is it because can I ask you this? Is it because you're uncomfortable with whatever the subject matter of your life story is? Or is it because you literally do not mechanically know how?
Speaker 1: No, I think I'm just nervous.
Speaker 2: Would you watch pressure? If I helped walk by the way that you don't have to if you don't want to, if I helped walk you through it, do you think you could do it?
Speaker 1: I think I think that would help. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you were born in Arkansas?
Speaker 1: I was yep. I was born in a Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: And how was your childhood?
Speaker 1: My childhood was pretty good up until up until I was twelve, I lived, you know, with my whole family. I had my my cousins right across the street and my my grandparents right down the street. After that everything got split up a little bit, and you know, yeah, I went I lived in a really small town and that's why I moved to Oregon. Not really a much bigger place, but you know, a little a little different as far as m hmm. There's less of ignorance here than there is an Arkansas. You know, ignorance is very prevalent where I'm from.
Speaker 2: Although is it what's the big city in in Arkansas?
Speaker 1: Little?
Speaker 2: Is it? Little Rock?
Speaker 1: A Little Rock is the capital, but I think probably say it though, is probably the biggest place because that's where the college is at.
Speaker 2: Is it. I feel like all these like red states and they all of them have these like I don't know you would call them big cities, but these like kind of like more uh like like little like blue liberal dots, like like an Austin, Texas kind of a thing. Is that they have that in Arkansas.
Speaker 1: I mean, Fayebelle is becoming more liberal, you know. Like I said, it's a college town. So it's like a younger generation, like a specifically educated younger generation that's seems to be changing things a little bit. But it's definitely an overwhelmingly red state. I would say Arkansas is one of the few places that's like there's not there isn't really a big city there. Like, I don't know what the population of Fayebelle is, but it's pretty small and it's the biggest one. I think it's the biggest one at least. Yeah, but I moved to I moved to Eugene. I guess it's kind of funny, Like what made me you move to Eugene, Oregon? Is I made like music videos in high school and I was on acid one night in my bedroom and saw a music video that was really it was really shitty, but I thought it was really good while I was on acid, you know, And I ended up moving to Eugene to live with the people that made that video like a week later.
Speaker 2: How did you get in touch with them?
Speaker 1: I just found them on Instagram through the through the music video. Like the description on YouTube, it was like a bunch of dudes. They were about the same age as me and just happened to also be wanting to get roommates and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty sick. And why do you still live with them?
Speaker 1: No? I don't. They turned out to be like much bigger drug heads than I was, you know, Like I mean, I haven't done psychedelics since like all the way back then, but I never did, like, no hate to anybody that does coke or anything, but I did like coke or cat or any of those things. And all my roommates did. And so we're in this like three bedroom apartment with like eight people, all of them off of coke besides me. Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Cocaine is Cocaine is good a couple times a year, special occasions.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. I think I'm too anxious of a person to try, he said. I think I'm just too anxious of a person to do coke in general.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I mean no do it. I mean doing it every fucking day or weekend?
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say probably bad, but I think I can confidently say just bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I was gonna say probably too. I'm no doctor, Yeah I think bad. Yeah yeah either.
Speaker 2: Do you do any drugs?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you a weed guy?
Speaker 1: Do you do? I mean I smoke weed, But same as you've mentioned many times, and trying to cut back, yeah, trying to cut back. I just I was I was talking to somebody about this the other day. I really like to take like a full year, like or even a little bit shorter, just fully sober off of everything. I mean all I do is weed, and I like nicotine, and then I'll drink occasionally. But I think it'd be cool to like see what my headspace is like just completely sober, because it's like, I mean, I've had nicotine since like fifteen and weed since like sixteen, so I don't think I've ever gone honestly a full like few days without one or the other at least. So yeah, I think it's cool to see, what, see what my mind is like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, withdraw I don't know if this was a withdrawal thing, but yeah, when I went you know, uh, when I kind of went through like a weird period of like uh like depression, anxiety, shit, I wasn't smoking weed because I was afraid, because I was afraid that like weed was gonna actually like exascerb exaterbate masturbates those uh uh feelings. I thought it was gonna make them worse, and so I avoided it. And then I just I had this one night. This was within the week or whatever the fuck, it's maybe a couple of weeks ago where I was like or I kind of felt like I dude, I felt like I was fucking drowning, Like I felt like I was in a pool, Like I mentally felt like I was in a pool that had the fucking pool cover on it, you know, and I was I was driving. It's a bad feeling. And then I took a really big hit of a weed pen and I and I went, oh my god, and I felt like the feeling when you I felt a feeling like like when you've been like submerged underwater for too long and you you get you rise back up and you catch your breath. And I just had that feeling. I was like, oh my fuck, Holy Jesus Christy, just a big is a huge just relief. I don't know if that's healthy, but I did experience that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm not that's what I was about to get into. I'm not. I'm not sure if like that that feeling of relief coming from a substance is a good thing. But like it's it's interesting because you know, sometimes I'll get that that feeling of relief after like taking a hit, but other times, like it's like you're looking. It almost feels like if I'm looking to get that feeling of relief by smoking, then I don't. But if I'm just like if I just happen to be like, oh I'm gonna smoke, then I do get it. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like if i'm if I know I'm using it as an escape, then I don't think it serves that purpose. But if I like my ideal, my ideal use of weed is like get through my whole day, do everything I need to do, and then like end of the day, when all of my responsibilities are done, I can kick back and relax and smoke some weed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if I do it too sorry, Yeah, no.
Speaker 1: You're good. I think. Pretty much any other circumstance, it does the opposite for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I I used to and I still do some times, like with weed, like use it to separate the day, like a have a period of time where I am in fucking reality, I am deep in the matrix, I'm getting my work done, I'm going to the gym, I'm doing whatever the fuck I need to do, and then at night, getting high for me was always always like a symbol of like you're done for the day, You're good. You know, I've talked about that. I've probably talked about this on the podcast eight hundred billion times, but like I meet these people sometimes who they can who they don't have that, and it's just like constant like wake and bake, like fucking let me get high and go do stuff all the time and that shit. Yeah, I don't know, and they don't. And they're not these people that I meet that do this. They're not like a mess. They like get their shit done. But I just the fact that their brain can do that always amazes me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It is interesting. It makes me makes me wonder if there's some like does that mean that our brain chemistry is like flawed in some way or is it or is it simply we just have different brain chemistry? You know, this is weird.
Speaker 2: I not I'm gonna get esoteric again, but isn't it weird that we all have different brain chemistries and personalities? Like wouldn't it make sense if like a human beings there was just okay, it's just a human being and every human being comes equipped with standard brain And it's like, I mean like ants, you know, like ants, don't I mean dogs have personalities? Yeahs are big enough for that. But like, yeah, once your brain gets to a certain size, it starts to morph and have different stronger variations and personalities and chemistries. And I'm sure there's some Harvard scientists, douche who could tell us why these things are the way they are. But it's interesting to ponder about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it is interesting. I read this this book not too long ago called seven and a half Lessons about the Brain. It's not it's not like a self help book. It's more of like a like a neurology like like essays kind of. It's kind of just about how your brain develops. And yeah, I'm not I'm not going to try and explain it because I'm not smart enough to. But maybe maybe someday you'll check it out. It's pretty small, so I think you'd find it interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh, Tim, is that your name?
Speaker 1: That is my name? Well that's not Yeah, that's my name.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad your colon is going good. I'm glad that they don't need to shove a camera. But they put it in. They put a camera in your ass.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah they did. They did put a camera in my ass.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? But no matter who you are, you have to I think mainly, I think it's mainly men and women get colon asks.
Speaker 1: Right, I think so, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm I'm maybe I'm mistaking it for like a prostag.
Speaker 1: No matter who you are, at some point in your life, you'll probably have a camera in your ass. Yeah. God, at least I wasn't like the guy that called after me and had to get it like in my penis. That would have been I would have been more scared about that.
Speaker 2: What a burden it is to be alive, and yet what an honor as well.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it. All the horror and the end of the excitement. You know, it goes hand in hand.
Speaker 2: Tim, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Can I answer you one more question and then I'll and then I'll get my find It's just have you still be going to the gym?
Speaker 2: Man o more time?
Speaker 1: Have you still be going to the gym?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'm not. I'm not going like as uh stringently as I was. Yeah, lost like thirty pounds since my last.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's sick. Yeah months as well, say what I started a few months ago as well. So it's uh, it's cool to kind of like like, I mean, I know other people makes me sound like I don't know anybody. It's cool to have you as well going to the gym, and it's nice to hear you mention it every now in the podcast. You know, I had a little bit where it was was getting a lot harder for me to go, and my goal helped me get back in there.
Speaker 2: So okay, good good, good, good good. My my goal is to be I want to be as skinny as I was before I started doing this. I think here's what here's what happened to me is this is exactly what happened to me is a couple of things. Is so once I, once I started doing this and it started like popping off A is I just cared about nothing except doing this and making sure that this was that this kind of the therapy Gecko universe was trudging forward, and so I was kind of like, as long as the Therapy Gecko universe is trudging forward, nothing else looking mattered. So I would And then so there was that A. It was that mindset, and then B was the thing of B was this thing of just like oh, I had a routine where I would stream and then the stream would be over at nine pm and I would smoke weed and just eat an extra literally like four or five thousand calories of like bullshit, you know, because I felt like I had earned it really and then and then I had this mindset. This was a crazy mindset I had where I was like, Okay, I've become successful now on the Internet. I don't have to take care of any other aspect of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like that reward mindset can get dangerous.
Speaker 2: Say that one time.
Speaker 1: That reward mindset can get pretty dangerous where it's uh, right, like you you're trying to reward yourself with things constant. I would do that a lot where it's like, right, I'm stressed out, but I've been doing a lot, So I'm gonna reward myself by not doing shit this entire day, you know what I mean. Yeah, I don't think that's a productive way to do.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's not I thought. Yeah I thought. I I was like, uh yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Once it was it was really stupid because it's like, oh, I got a million views on TikTok, I don't I no longer have to work on improving myself as a human being in any way, shape or form ever. Again, that was I mean I was twenty two when that happens, so mm hmmm, yeah, but it was that so oh god. So now I'm trying to get back to at least what I was before the Gecko happens.
Speaker 1: So I before the get go happened. Well that's a good goal, man. You'll get there, I can. We can all tell you're working hard.
Speaker 2: So thanks, Thanks, I'm excited. I'm going to do another I always post these like shirtless pictures to promote the tours, So when I do another one i'm gonna do, I'm gonna hopefully be ripped by then we'll see what happened. Oh yeah, is there anything else you gonna say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 1: We go, I'll reiterate the last the last thing I said last time. Take care of your colon, treat it right, take care of brother. Yep, you too. Bye.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? What's your name?
Speaker 6: I'm Tony.
Speaker 1: It's nice to meet.
Speaker 2: You, Tony. Nice to meet you too. I met a guy named Tony the other day, but that has nothing to do with you at all. What's up, Tony? How's how's life?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: I'm doing good. What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle.
Speaker 1: I used to know a bunch of killer name lyle are.
Speaker 3: You are you?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you fucking with me right now? Or did you really used to know?
Speaker 3: I'm just.
Speaker 2: Am I a killer? I kill? I killed a plant the other day?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: I don't even remember. I killed it now. I didn't actively kill that. I indirectly killed it, Uh, via negligence. It was given to me as a gift. That's actually the second time someone has given me a plant as a gift and I through negligence, which I know it's which is such a bummer. I know people love plants. But yeah, anyway, I feel like I've been talking about myself too much lately. What's up with you? Tony?
Speaker 6: For sure? Uh, I've had a a I've had a ton of stuff going on recently.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Every time I've I've tried to call in, I've tried to call in. I've always had something like specific that I've wanted to talk about. But I guess I don't really have anything today today. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I don't necessarily have to work, you know, I don't have to worry for a little bit, so you know, it's a it's a pretty good day today.
Speaker 2: That first of all, that's six. Second of all, why don't you have to worry today? What changed?
Speaker 6: So, I mean it's a minor celebration, but you know, I really take these things close to heart. I have all my bills paid and I just finished my like psychology essay for my second semester, so you know, I don't have work to do, Like I don't have to go to work, I don't have things to study. What I do in my free time, like outside of that is I like to, like I go to concerts or I go to comedy shows. I'm from California and there's this little group I don't know how popular they are. They're called Offline Comedy. And the entire idea is that you go with a bunch of people and the kind of socials that geist is that no one's really supposed to have the air phone out. I mean you can, no one's gonna stop you, but it's meant to create a very more social environment.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: And I thought that was really cool. So I went to that. There's this place called the gallow Center where they host a lot of shows like I know, Whirred Al Yankovic has played there a few times. I volunteer.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about offline comedy because it's it's very funny to me because the default of a comedy show is already that you're not supposed to be on your phone. So what is the point? What's what is what is the whole offline aspect of that You're already not supposed to use your phone during a comedy show.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I think this happens to a lot of people. Yeah, And I don't know if it's you know, held mainly by just a younger demographic, but a lot of people automatically resort to just like going to their phones if they ever feel like socially awkward, you know, people that are trying to get out into this kind of very abrasive, loud scene, you know, may it might be helpful to have like a little bit of a of a reminder, you know. I appreciate this as a concept exists.
Speaker 2: So it's just a normal comedy showcase.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's there are a few people from like Comedy Central, you know, a few people that have done hours on there.
Speaker 3: And it was pretty cheap.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty six bucks.
Speaker 6: I don't really go to comedy shows very often, but I do go to a lot of concerts. Uh, and it's usually a bit more expensive than that.
Speaker 2: Who do you? Uh wait, so twenty twenty six bucks felt cheap to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean at least in California because all of the like all of the shows that are out here are in like San Francisco or like, uh, like Sacramento. You know these places that are that are really expensive, really high cost of living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you go to like what is it any said, you go to like a like a real comedy club, like a comedy seller or a fucking like an improv or something, you uh, they you have to pay for a ticket, but then they also make you pay like a two drink minimum and then after the tip and everything, you yeah, you kind of get out of there at like, you know, seventy bucks or something like that.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. I didn't know that what's it called. I'm not twenty one yet, so I'm not allowed to like like like do.
Speaker 2: Anything, allowed to go into those places.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm nineteen.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: One thing that I was doing while I was working because okay, I've never had like a real job, So while I was trying to do this volunteer work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had me work in the cash register, but no one asked my age, and I guess they just didn't know, and I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to be back there. But they're like, wait, so how old are you? And I'm like, you know, I'm nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm about to turn twenty.
Speaker 6: And they're like, oh, you can't like touch the alcohol like at all, and I'm like, oh, I'm sorry. So that just really flowed me down, you know, really hindered my efficiency for how old I am? Really importunate.
Speaker 2: Well, Tony, I'm glad that that's good. You don't have to worry or do anything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I guess if I had to, I guess I guess I guess if I had to do Gecko therapy, if I had to do Gecko therapy upon you right now that you didn't ask for, only because it's what's present in my mind right now. I will say this, doing if you, if you, if you get to the point if you stop doing, it's good. The best thing you could do is like do a lot of things and then go into rest mode and then enjoy your break from doing things. But if you never but it's if you're never doing things ever, you will start to question the meaning of existence and your own death. You'll go crazy. Oh man, so don't do that.
Speaker 6: Tell me about it. When I was younger, I feel like I was kind of like super sheltered. So I just spent a lot of time thinking. And now that I'm older, I've gone into like philosophy and the humanities and you know, just just things that are like and also comedy for a large part of it, that are filled with with those kinds of questions that don't have answers.
Speaker 2: What was he gonna say? Is he gonna say? Oh? Yes, uh, thinking is bad? Question nothing. Do what you're told, fall in line, and you actually you'll probably actually have a much better life than if you, uh start to question stuff, because once you start questioning stuff, you'll you go into the abyss and then you can't get out of it. Why why am I always do this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who are your favorite comedians? By the way, Oh?
Speaker 5: My favorite comedians.
Speaker 6: It's hard to say.
Speaker 3: I grew up with like.
Speaker 6: With John Mulaney, I grew up with Joe Cooy, Gabril Clesis, you know, basically anyone that was on Netflix and Big at the time when I was like thirteen, I was on I was watching that. Uh you know, I really I really like those guys. They have a special place for.
Speaker 2: Uh, Tony, is anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Uh no, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Life you bye bye. But well, folks, thank you guys for listening. That was a fun time. A lot of I liked being able. This was a good episode of just chatting with folks.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That felt good. It's it's I continue to feel a great honor that people are still listening to this podcast. I thank you all very much for being here. And folks, also, by the way, if you're listening to this, I am going to be doing a therapy Gecko live in New York City this coming Sunday, and I'm gonna leave the link to buy tickets in the episode description. I'm gonna try this is kind of this is a very minimum viable product version of this. I'm trying to kind of I want to My goal ultimately is to just start doing a regular therapy Geck go live here in New York. So this is gonna be the most bare bones version of it. Tickets are gonna be like five dollars. Uh, So, if you live in New York and you're free, I think this episode was gonna come out on a Wednesday, So if you're free the Sunday after this, the next Sunday from when this episode airs, check out the come Come hang at the link in in the bio. Okay, thank you for listening to this podcast. Good luck, Gek bless and uh, that's it. I don't have any more words to say. Thank you, beak and goes on the line taking your phone calls.
Speaker 5: Every nine every Beacon goes
Speaker 6: To just teaching yous loud in the interview Lives an Expert