Speaker 1: Coming up on To Get Loud podcasts for anybody see Geek. That's friends mood. I'm Michael Jenkins. Of course when they talk about that win against the Falcons, needed that one.
Speaker 2: We gotta talk about that win. It was a good win. That was for me gets the ex wife. I love it.
Speaker 1: Also Franks, Yes, you have been the victim of a lot of franks. That's also you will pull some epic ones. We're gonna get into that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I got some sponsored by my guys for being too.
Speaker 1: The marrs and of course we get you ready for Commanders Giants on Sunday. Let's take you too straight.
Speaker 2: Please, let's do.
Speaker 1: We are back for another edition of to Get Loud podcast presented by Seek Geek, the official ticketing partner, Oh the Washington Manders.
Speaker 2: That's friends Mood.
Speaker 1: I'm Michael Jenkins.
Speaker 3: Get Loud, Get Loud, and let's get into this victory Monday.
Speaker 2: Finally.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't know if we need this victory Monday. I like the victory, but back to work on Monday, because we're ready to get back to work. Because listen, I was coached by Marti Shotten Behind with Joe Gibbs at the end of the day, a one game rental streak is not a streak.
Speaker 2: That's one game. We need to go get the next one.
Speaker 3: And considering we're playing the giants, who we just we find ways to lose against.
Speaker 2: I need everybody attention.
Speaker 3: I need you to understand what we did last week was take a step closer to what we're trying to accomplish. I can't get you no days off, no days off. Let me ask you a quick question before we get into this.
Speaker 1: Do you think two games in a row is the streak?
Speaker 3: Some people say, no, No, three is the screak, Like three is a Greek just like two championships in the row and the dynasty, three is a dinast did that? So at the end of the day, three is the most powerful number in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, and one of those guys think about it. Everything comes in threes. You heard the three wise man.
Speaker 3: You got the three stars on the Rhine belt, you got the moon, the sun, the planet. Everything comes in threes. A triangle is the most powerful shape in the world. It has three points. Everything comes in threes. So three is the ultimate number.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's start with part number one of this podcast. Getting the defense in this twenty four to sixteenth Vic Street defense has struggled for three straight games. Yeah, but here we are now, and really all three phases I'm talking about, defensive line play, linebacker, Yeah, even the secondary three reception of Desmond Riders. So there's a lot to like about this.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, they understood we got to stop the run and force them to pass. We got to put the game into Desmond rider hand. And that's another thing I love about this week. All the little things that were hanging over the NFL got broken. Yes, And one of the screaks that we had going on was Desmonrider has not lost a home game since he was in high school until yesterday.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, these things came to the end.
Speaker 3: So they understood, all right, let's stop be let's stop al duel, let's stop them from running the ball and force this guy to meet us with Kyle Pitts and Drake London, which that there's some talented over there.
Speaker 2: But they came out.
Speaker 3: The d line made plays, didn't have a lot of sex, but they was disrupted in a run game. The lineback of the second level finally played going downhill and I want everybody to stop four minutes, walk off in the exception by Jamie Davis, all them to play as you need. Saint Jukes, congratulations on your first interception. I know y'all gonna believe this, say that I could not believe this his first interception period ever, ever, And I think about this one. Last year he had three callback the one he had against the Dallas that he ran back for a pick six. He had another one he got against the Vikings. I called back three callback. Last year he intercepted the ball with Drake London and they the referees gave it to Drake London. So this is like five interceptions. He's supposed to be like six deep right now. But to get his first one right there in the end zone, hell of a played by him. I thought the back end just played together and that's what they needed to do.
Speaker 2: I think this defensive find.
Speaker 3: Of work that worked their way into shape because I think with coach del Rio it was some I got to experiment a little bit to see what I can do and what I can't do. And I think now he's seeing what he can and can't do.
Speaker 1: And I'm not taking anything away from DV Yes, let me ask a question. It's just that's been rid quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yes he is?
Speaker 3: Is he he's most definitely there people on both sides of that, and what think about it? We are very similar teams. You look at what's going on with our quarterback. They die to say Himhow is he an NFL quarterback? We don't know if you're an NFL quarterback to you actually play in the NFL. I think it's eight billion people on this earth. We ain't found thirty two good quarterbacks in the same year.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 3: It's a hard job to play, it's a hard job to keep. I think he's an NFL quarterback. He just he gotta get rips under his bell. He gotta get situations like you had with us. He got to have those three pick games. He ain't the only one. I had three pick games. Jamien Hursts had a three pick game. At the end of the day, it happens every time you think you right here in this NFL, she humbles you and brings you back down earth, make you work that much harder.
Speaker 1: You got name, You're forced it not playing this game.
Speaker 2: That's fine, So I'm not bagging on the guy.
Speaker 1: But what can you learn from taking a break when you're a rookie and watching other guys and sitting there being humbled a little bit and said, all right, here's.
Speaker 2: What I can do back.
Speaker 3: What you learn from osmosis, that's watching others grow a decrease. You learn from over there, from problem solbum, Oh Fuller did this, Oh Saint.
Speaker 2: Juice did that.
Speaker 3: Oh they didn't back up as much as I used to. They taking on that sweep like that, to see it in real time, knowing that I should be out there. That's what's growing inside of him, something like I was one of the people. I learned truly from playing. I didn't learn from watching my film. Watching was me watching. But what he learning now is everybody in the NFL gonna go through the ups and downs. But what makes you great it's more ups than downs, and you have to have a consistent line of play. And I think that's what he's learning. He got to learn the veteran tricks in the bag. He has to learn how to protect himself on certain routes, and he can learn it from the sideline.
Speaker 2: And he learned it not from just sitting on the sideline.
Speaker 3: He learning it because he's being humbled by the NFL, and John Allen will tell you he had times where he been humbled a pain like every all of us had to go through. It's the process, all right, and that's what people need to understand. Stop trying to rush your rookies to be great. They're young, they're babies, all right.
Speaker 1: We talking about the secondar. How about the linebackers and including Hudson.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting on Collik colleague, the free Hutson. All he does, he's one of them players, just like Danny Johnson. Coach put me in the game because you're gonna have these guys that when they do get chances to play, all they do is make plays. Danny Johnson one of those guys. Kalik Hutson one of those guys. The gamers, Hey Casey two.
Speaker 2: Chains, not one sack, but two sacks. At the end of the day, these guys say, let me play. Conelius Lucas every time he.
Speaker 3: Gets a chance to play, he gets in and he plays at a high level. You only as good as the depth that you have on your team. And linebackers. Cody Barton. I enjoyed watching him go downhill yesterday. You know what I'm saying, people need to understand he just got here. Give him a chance to get used to playing against I mean behind this D line and in this defense. So when I see guys like that making plays, it tells me one, we got depth. Two they inching to get in the game. So the starters have to be on that. These guys are alerting, and I love that.
Speaker 1: What is it about some of these guys that they just and it's not all players are like this, but there's something about when it is game time, not practice, yeah, not going through drills in two days, and the lights come on and they're just better.
Speaker 2: I've been saying some of us enjoy the lights.
Speaker 3: I'm very much like that. I love to practice though. That was my thing I always had in my mind. You practice how you play. If I play, if I practice at a high tempo, when I get in the game, the.
Speaker 2: Tempo is still the same. And some people just enjoy.
Speaker 3: After that national anthem.
Speaker 2: For three four hours, you are mine, right, you are mine.
Speaker 3: You're finna watch the Fred Smooth Show, and that's what it's about. Maybe it's the guy across from you that y'all got some kind of beef that started from college, Like, I love it when players are emotionally attached to the game if it got something other to do with, Like, what else are we playing for? We know we're playing for a check, we know we're playing for a win, what else? I think what child's Lenno and his family was going through. They went not didn't play for them like we need reasons. We watch Chicago go play for Dick Buckets. Now one of them ever been a teammate of Dick Buckets, but they respect all game, no question. So I think yesterday was a tribute to the Leno family, which I prayers go out to, and I think that they wanted to play for him.
Speaker 1: You know what I love too is guys that aren't just good at the game, but having passion for the game. I'm sure you've been around players like that too. They might be great at football, but it doesn't necessarily mean they love the game of foot.
Speaker 3: Well, that means you're talented. So God to give you some gifts that don't make you love what you do. A lot of people are gifted it like put like this, if you six six two and ninety pounds, you was born to play the game. That don't make you want to be the best. Some people just want to be good. Some people want to be the best. Some people hate losing. Like the one thing about it is all athletes have to ask themselves. Do I love winning more than I hate losing? A vice versa I hate losing. I feel if you hate losing, winning is the other on our alternative unless you tie, which no, I don't believe in tie either, but it's just only alternative that you can go by.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, I just thought it was the end of the day.
Speaker 3: I love players because I could always point them out who emotionally?
Speaker 2: Who does it hurt to lose?
Speaker 3: Like when I look in John Allen's eyes out the game, I could tell he's crying inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could tell who really, Like I.
Speaker 3: Didn't bust mass for this to come out here and be disrespected like this. But then, what you gotta understand about this league the other team get paid to Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you hear we all need to play together, all the linebackers, the cornerbacks, the defensive live, everybody needs to be on the same page, What exactly does that mean? I think we all know what means. Like a team gotta all be on the same page. But what are some details as far as everybody knowing, Hey, we know what's going on.
Speaker 3: We got to play attached. We got to play attached to the hip, meaning we have to play off for each other. Wherever you fall short, I have to. I have to fill in the rush in the past, go to pass and group go together. If I can hold him for a split second longer. That's a difference between monted sex I mean montes sweat having five sacks and ten sacks them getting to the quarterback making him uncomfortable. With the difference between me getting burnt and having four five picks. We can't corresist with doubt each other. I need my linebackers to be able to suggest to fill in those gaps in the offensive line, knowing where they trying to attack us at. I need the mosso to drop in the zone and be where they're supposed to be so I can play my zone the right way. We cannot win independent. It's the ultimate team game for a reason. If we're not together. You will know it. If we go out there as independent contractors an independent matchup, trying to run the matchup instead of win the game. You will know it. If we don't communicate. You will see busted plays. You will see a lot of them. So at the end of the day, you have to beat one unit. And I think that's what was making us the slow start. Everybody was out there as independent contractors. They making plays independently. Yes, but to stop running quarterbacks, you have to rush as an organic one entity, all right, you have to second level has to be one entity, and we have to come together like a church choir.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Yeah, like it for it.
Speaker 3: To be a symphony. Hey the baritone. Yeah, everything has.
Speaker 2: To be on the same accord of the song. Don't work.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I'm so glad you said a chord. You know why because we're gonna talk about the office, But first we gotta talk about Honda. Yeah, because you have to feel the power I feel of the CRV Hybrid and Accord Hybrid, Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trailsport, Honda's most rugged essue ever. That's saying something. Experience the thrilling performance of the fund to drive Honda Civic with an available If you want it turbo charged engine. I want to get power, performance, ruggedness with Honda. Find a Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. And Recycle Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling.
Speaker 2: They combine the power of AI.
Speaker 1: With premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring promising, timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit Archis dot com t learn more about how they can help manage business waste more responsibly.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Just just a professional in the things you do. Just a professional.
Speaker 1: I'm just a man. I'm just here to let you roll and talk about this team and this not a winning street, this imported victory over the fos to get on the right side.
Speaker 2: We have breaking streets now that we do.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I forgot to bring up this Sam how if you want to know how he's playing as your new.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, let's talk about the office.
Speaker 3: Through six games of this year, he is the all time leading quarterback through six games ever to start a career at Washington.
Speaker 2: That's better than Semi Bob.
Speaker 3: That is better than Doug Williams, better than on that list.
Speaker 2: This is better than all of these guys.
Speaker 3: So if you want to know how you're is playing, and he's not a rookie second year player, you might as well be a rookie day I've say, yeah, he's playing very well.
Speaker 2: He's out doing the bar that was set for him.
Speaker 1: So I want to go into this offense. But I wanted to ask you this because it's it's interesting too. How the quarterback position in particular, we have very we get very impatient. Yeah, quarterbacks, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: And I mean, and that's our problem. Were getting so bad. Like when you're not used to something, you don't know how to treat it right. And quarterbacks is one of those things. We haven't been used to it. We used to getting other people old shoes and retreads. Were not used to organically growing one. And when you organically grow one, you have to troubleshoot with that quarterback. You have to be patient with that quarterback. And what I'm seeing now is they.
Speaker 2: Love him one week, they hated one week.
Speaker 3: Well, you knew before the year he was gonna have some bad games, Yeah, but we didn't know he was gonna have.
Speaker 2: As many good games as he said, it looks so poised as he has.
Speaker 3: He's playing older than he is. Yeah, right now he is. Right now, he's right in the middle pack of the NFL in quarterback and then in the top ten and pass him. So at the end of the day, I think this guy could be our franchise future quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing I like this. Look the numbers didn't jump off the page but protected the football. Yeah, spread it around, the different weapons on the offense and first half big you know, got teary off to a good start, but also used that those weapons around them, whether it was Antonio getting out in the flat to b Robs, Oh, b Rob.
Speaker 3: Is a monster. Like listen to me. He is a DB's worst night man. He's a he gets going Fred. It's hard to stop a train. They say, stay off the tracks when a train is coming. Well, b Rob is that train. I was looking at the thing yesterday, why I was watching the game, and I was like, they gotta b Rob, we gotta be Rubb. They got a second year quarterback. We got a second year quarterback. They got a Drake London, we got a ter McLaurin.
Speaker 2: Like the teams lin up with each other. They got a second back, we got a second back.
Speaker 3: It's teams that kind of pattern each other and the two teams that people really don't like playing, right, because the Falcons play good defense, good offense, can run the ball, can stemn you. So at the end of the day, the respect let level is there for the Atlanta Falcons, and everybody want to say, we haven't knocked off the big teams yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can only play who's on your schedule. Jinks.
Speaker 1: No, that's absolutely right. So if you are this team and you saw a little more balancing the play calling, is that something you want to see more or is that sort of It's also opponent centric, right, I can say.
Speaker 3: Game by game, Yeah, think about this. We can come in here with a game plan. We're gonna run the ball down their throat. They d line stinks, their linebackers don't like the field gaps until you're.
Speaker 2: Down twenty points.
Speaker 3: Like, but people got to understand, like the game creates your game plan. Like if the game gets going, we are at the mercy of the game, throw everything out, fire widse, let's go win this game. Like, so I always tell people, like Mike Tyson used to tell all the people.
Speaker 2: Everybody got until they get punched in the eyes.
Speaker 3: So everybody got a plan so to be able to adjust the key.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 3: We've seen Dolphins coordinator, defense coordinator go in and have time in a jest.
Speaker 2: And that's what the best teams do.
Speaker 1: When they asked Mike Tas one time, like after his career is over, what he would do, he said he would fade into Bolivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I listen. I love Mike Tyson. I love him to death. And I've chilled with Mike Tyson. Oh yes, wild conversations, Oh listen, and just voice so light.
Speaker 2: Jesus knew what he was doing, so light, just fred what's coming on?
Speaker 3: And that I'm like, listen, this is Mike Tyson, Like, come on, man, right because you know when guy so intimidating, you want the voice. James Earl Jones, I'm like, I'm talking to dark Vader or something, no very light voice.
Speaker 2: And he's and he'll kill you. I love like he's ity. I love it.
Speaker 1: What the thing before we go into we're talking about celebrations, were all about celebration pranks. Sam Hell, he does take a lot of hits, he's gonna be and I know what he's going to is there any way? And a couple of times he stepped into the head. Maybe it's not seeing the pressure coming at him. Yeah, what is a good way to mitigate them? Just as a fan, I worry about him taking on that.
Speaker 2: His safe talk. Everybody worried on safety. Uh.
Speaker 3: The thing about it is all young players got something they don't do well. Like for all the things he do great, see the field, Uh a laser over arm, can throw the deep ball, then it's dead butt.
Speaker 2: But his pocket presents ain't there.
Speaker 3: He can't manipulate the pocket right now like a Tom Brady, Like Tom never fast, never quit matter.
Speaker 2: He could just go up.
Speaker 3: In the pocket, side in the pocket, two steps to the right, in the pocket, manipulate the DBS does his nest level of maturation, that's when we're gonna get prime Sam Howe. When he gets to this level right now, he getting his eye black. He taking them them, them bruises and these d d No can't do it like that, right, No, can't do it like that. He's troubleshooting right now. We're just watching him doing it. We're organically watching him grow and sometimes some of the leaves gonna fall off a little too early, some of them gonna blossom. His pocket presence is what he'll work on the off season, all off season.
Speaker 1: That's a good fault reference.
Speaker 3: We in the fall Man, We in the fall Down. I love when I love when the Leeds turned brown. I love when it turned on.
Speaker 1: I love this time of year. Let's face some bills that we got to talk about celebrations because we saw a couple yesterday and we're talking about all time celebrations and pranks. And you got the ads right there, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hey, most of that, Fred smooth, Uh, thank you brother.
Speaker 3: The Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by Bet three sixty five Official Sports, being partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets. With bet three six five app, create your own personalized bet slip with parlays, exit thousands of game with live screaming. Place your bet before the match you are doing the game. It's up to you. Download the Bet three sixty five apps today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling Problem Caller text one eight hundred gambler, listen to me. You gotta do that. Mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We have traveled, so life.
Speaker 2: Does it escape us.
Speaker 3: We dream of places anywhere around the world and the blink of our we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulless International Airport.
Speaker 2: Let your imagination sore. Book your adventure today.
Speaker 3: At flight Dullis dot com. Slash non stop beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's poetry in motion when I watch back this podcast. Yeah, I started with you reading the ad.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, think about it is.
Speaker 3: I went to the Higher Learning Institute of mississ You you know what I'm saying. Ivy League up the SEC. We don't need ben to be We about to kick them out to leave.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we saw Tyreek Hill after he scored, Yes, grab a guy's cell phone, do a backflip and then give the cell phone back, which was pretty incredible. He got flag for that.
Speaker 2: This dude is so he's scary f letting and why receiver? They just got a neck?
Speaker 3: I think why receive the city at home and just watch TV looking for celebrations. I just think they do. I just think that's their thing. It always have been their thing. But when you talk about celebrations, man, you going back, let's.
Speaker 1: Talk about something some good ones.
Speaker 3: Well, I think everything starts with prime Time. Everything starts with dun No other player start high stepping at the fifty, only to end it with the du Yeah your your dance's name the dung. So at the end of the day, you are the king of celebrations if you asked me. But my generation, I played with the t o s. He pulling cell phones, he popped horn, pump pumps, all kinds of stuff. Then you got a Chad Johnson. Oh my god, does he playing his stuff everything?
Speaker 1: It's his last stap still jo Sinko.
Speaker 2: Now he's still o Cho Cinco aka Chad Johns.
Speaker 1: So he had changed it officially.
Speaker 3: I think at one point he did, but then he officially changed it back because he didn't want his son to be named James.
Speaker 2: You know James eighty five. It's James eighty five in here.
Speaker 3: Imagine the substitute teacher, mister God is coming in there block at kid. So the celebrations, man, I think they've got better now that they let him do it. This groups like when I started out playing, it was so individual. Yeah did Joe Horn go find himself on prop scouting and ball with it? But now it's more group celebrations. Yes, so I kind of liked the group more than the individual. Well, okay, so you give me some of your favorites.
Speaker 2: I did want to.
Speaker 1: Throw this out and I forget the guys that he passed away recently, but it was the first guy to ever spike a football. And the reason why he spiked the football I think I seen that story. Yeah, and it was because they had a habit of just you'd run the end zone, you'd throw the ball in the stands, and the NFL was like, hey, we'll find you. That's that's an expensive football, especially back in the day. So he was thinking about it, just like decide, all right, I'll just spike it instead. Now that the first spike was actually kind of by accident because didn't want to get fine, Well.
Speaker 2: That's how it usually happened, by accident.
Speaker 3: We're doing to investigating earlier and the Gatorade show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess that's what.
Speaker 2: Just throw a coach out there.
Speaker 1: You think was the first coach to take a Gator Raye show You know who always sticks out to me is Bill Parce.
Speaker 2: Oh you was looking at the true true? That's true?
Speaker 1: Is it true? True? I think it was very iconic back when the Giants winning Super Bowl? He did, isn't it Harry Carson?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't Harry Carson. I forgot the player. They walked around there and duced him with it. But after that that started the gatorade bap okay, at least to stuff like Duke's pouring. God, I love mayonnaise, a miracle will.
Speaker 2: Listen. My kids love miracle will. Oh it's sweeter. I like helmets, and when I bake cakes, I use miracle whip. That makes it okay. So, but I'm more of a mayonnaise guy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like eating a sandwich, biting into it, then looking in the mirror and seeing that man a right there, jenx.
Speaker 2: Then when you know you enjoying the sound, Yeah, you're like.
Speaker 3: Listen, that's where you know you're human right there, when you bite into that sound, when that maynon aise just sits there and love what I love by mayna It don't drip, no, no, it could be there for like heard a minute and nobody even tell you that you got mayonnaise on your faith.
Speaker 2: So I'm hold on that.
Speaker 3: But the celebrations, I've loved the.
Speaker 2: The cowboys, they love the salvation. They up, they salvate you army.
Speaker 3: But I do like when the Eagles Devine Tate smith scoed a touchdown and they faked like they was robbing. I enjoyed that one. So I enjoyed the four tops from the Seattle Seahawks. So's it's something I do. And I like the fact that they go in the lineman and they practiced this. Y'all don understand they practiced this stuff before and after practice.
Speaker 2: I eat it in the locker room.
Speaker 1: One celebration always stands out to me. Take it back a little bit. Joe Horn for the Saints. Now I know it's an individual, but he hit the cell phone, went and got the cell phone.
Speaker 2: And coast didn redid it?
Speaker 3: Now, I gotta ask that if Joe did that today, would he have a T mobile commercial like the next two days?
Speaker 1: If it was something you own, that should that be a good way to get a sponsor?
Speaker 3: Know it is like right now, I think about it, shoulder hold it.
Speaker 2: Watch up.
Speaker 3: Now he got a Roeles deal like, so at the end of the day, your ex get you stuff right now, your last name, this guy the coldest to ever do it.
Speaker 2: That's his name, the coldest. His first name is the coldest.
Speaker 3: Oh, he signed with Nebraska and got a got an air condition to deal because his name is the coldest.
Speaker 2: To ever do it.
Speaker 3: So it's it's correlating in different ways now that it didn't. So now your celebrations could benefit you in the future, like me and myself, I would. I would just look at all the biggest confidence. I'll be biting into an apple and all kinds off whatever I can do to get whatever thing you need me to do. The running McDonald dance, I'm on because I understand now and that now it just makes me wonder what these athletes.
Speaker 2: It's a whole nother layer of thinking, Yeah, we didn't have to do that's true.
Speaker 3: We couldn't weaponize well d unweaponize his celebration. After that, we all start to reapronize our celebrations. But now you get paid for them, like my God and the one I want to see us do, which I haven't seen done. I think I need to tell the team this, Okay, next time, Terry, if somebody score a touchdown, I want them to start a soul train line.
Speaker 2: I want them to come down that thing and tear it up. Take turns, come down and tear it up. This is one of my dreams. Drink to come down, Soldier.
Speaker 1: You can still do it well.
Speaker 3: I think I gotta throw my own like Soul trained theme Halloween party.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Get everybody dressed up.
Speaker 2: Away and I can put the pro on and I can tear that thing up.
Speaker 3: Drink listen. I want to come down there. I want my hip to be hurting by time, by the time I get back in line. And then what you got to do after you tear it up. I just gotta find the right partner to come down that line, because you know it takes two to get down.
Speaker 1: Now. I got one celebration I wanted to bring up that benefited you. Elijah Moore, old miss Mississippi Sate.
Speaker 3: Do you remember this when he scored a touchdown and he acted like a dog ap he pete on the ms U. Oh that's right, he act like he did and it cost him the game. Oh I loved it.
Speaker 2: It cost them the game so bad and that brought me to another one.
Speaker 3: I played in the NFC North for a couple of years. Hate Green Bay. Randy burns them and moons them.
Speaker 2: Listen. I enjoyed that because Randy is an idiot.
Speaker 3: Plus, I intercepted the ball from Brett Randy Beck sixty and I limbo elaked in a Minnesota Vices uniform. They pulled Milwalkee's best all over me, mushed me out there. Yes, like so some stuff is mocking people. I was mocking him because we was beating him, and I just put the icing on the cake.
Speaker 2: But you know, some of them kind of personal, because I think the moon from Radon.
Speaker 1: Oh Man was like that was personal.
Speaker 2: I hate y'all guts.
Speaker 1: The best part about it we were watching the highlight was and a disgusting.
Speaker 2: Listen. I enjoyed that one.
Speaker 1: Well, along the same lines are pranks. It's similar, you know, because you're having a good time whatever people like enjoy them, and.
Speaker 2: The locker room is full of pranks.
Speaker 1: You. I did not realize this because I walked in today as you were talking about this, and they tried to prank you here like.
Speaker 2: A week ago. Yeah they did, all right, tell me, you know the people in the office. They love to get me. I'm a giggler. So this is what they did.
Speaker 3: They said, you know what, We're gonna bring you some fish tacos, okay, only to find out they was goldfish tacos. And don't think we're talking about real gold fish. Front the fair were talking about the gold fish in the packet. So they made this burrito with rice in it, and they put the little goldfish crackers in them. Hints they trying to trick the joker, right, But this is what happens is they give them to me. I noticed a couple of people feeling that's when I like sums up.
Speaker 2: So I knibble on the corner of it, just.
Speaker 3: Rice, and then I say, it's great, It's terrific.
Speaker 2: See they thought I gonna be spitting it out lose it.
Speaker 3: I knew it was nothing in that they didn't smell like fish. I said, that's fine. It's home because you're messing with the jokes to and people know what I do. Like, I have this thing I do shun springs. He that's one of my dudes. But three hundred and sixty four days makes him an idiot because every year I do the same thing to him. I literally buy him a gift card. I bought him Gucci gift card and carry a ton Apple.
Speaker 2: Her Man's whatever the highest thing is.
Speaker 3: And you ought to see when I go in these places and buy these cards because I put no money.
Speaker 2: On them, like I would literally put like two dollars on them.
Speaker 3: And imagine me in like Louis Viiton, like they like, yeah, you want a gift card, and're like, yeah, how much money do you want on it?
Speaker 2: Eight quarters? I want two dollars. They were like, no, the card itself is ten dollars. I will give me the card with two dollars on it. And I do this.
Speaker 3: Every year to shun Springs and a couple of boy with my friends and family. And every year I get a call three weeks later while they are in the store.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm in the store trying to buy this new bag.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They say, ain't no more on the card. Yeah, it wasn't no money on the card last year. Hang up on him at the end. So then last year I got the peep in the office.
Speaker 3: I bought them all gifts cards, some of the best stuff in the world with not a dime on it, Like I wish I could be there with a camera to watch them purchase this stuff. See, I know shun I do it with him because he arrogant. So he's gonna because I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm trying for a long time. Like how does he not know after all this time, three hundred and.
Speaker 2: Six four days to do it for you?
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is I know he's so erring that when he in the line with this thousand dollars, give I mean a purchase he wants.
Speaker 2: He ain't getting out of line to put it back.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get it.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get it. He's gonna buy it. Like and that's the best thing about it.
Speaker 3: See, when you push them to this level and plus some one of the ones I put the notion it's the gift that counts to the test because I thought about you.
Speaker 1: The gift is worth nothing, Well there's two dollars, like.
Speaker 2: The gift is worth but I thought about you.
Speaker 3: I thought about you to give you something. You know me and we don't get nothing for Christmas. So they be happy when they open up their gift and they'd be like, oh, you ain't have to do this, You're right, I did. I did not have to do it because I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: So I'm one of those guys I make it. I'm a thinker when it comes to it.
Speaker 1: If fro'm a prank it and see knowing you, I feel like, now what you're gonna do is because they tried to prank you here, even though you didn't really fall for You're gonna let it all die down. Everybody's gonna forget about it, and then you're gonna strike.
Speaker 2: Yes I am, Yes, I am in many different ways too.
Speaker 3: They all won't get the same treatment. Like, that's the thing about it with me. I'm methodical, right, I'm methodical in the way I do things.
Speaker 1: That's the way a great criminal mind works.
Speaker 3: By the way, then I learned personalities, I learned what you like. I learned what you need, and that's how I end up getting you back.
Speaker 2: What about you? You got any.
Speaker 1: No, But I'll tell you one thing. The worst prank I don't know. I want to see how you feel about this as a prankster. Yeah, a good buddy mind and he's kind of a cocky dude, but nice guy and his family for Christmas got him one of those fake lotto tickets. Oh my god, he thought he thought he won a million dollars and I was like, wow, man, like a drink is like to a point, JINX, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much for that one. Lord, I can't wait to do it. Oh oh, I can't wait. He didn't talk to them.
Speaker 1: He went he was jumping on tables, he was pointing at people, and they let him ride it out for like two or three hours and then told him. And he didn't speak to his family for like a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, I know he thought he was a big.
Speaker 1: He thought he was enough money. And this is not a guy who has money. I mean, they were fired his middle class family. But he thought I got a million dollar ticket.
Speaker 2: Here, listen, that's so great. I'm gonna do it. Oh my listen and listen.
Speaker 3: My mama used to get me all the time for fod Like I remember, like seventeen, I had been begging her full car.
Speaker 2: Oh no, beg her fuck car.
Speaker 3: And my mama she pre think thing, she's your mom died us. She wakes me up, you know, like you know what, somebody just come in.
Speaker 2: Get up. Yeah, so she wakes me up. I'm like, helly, way up. She's like come on, come on, I'm like, where we going. She's like, I got you a present for your birthday. I'm like, you got me a car. She's like, yeah, come on outside, it's wait for you. I get up. I ain't even got like Tighty White is on. I run outside. I'm like, where are at. She's like, I ain't got you nothing. She's like, you gonna have to ride the bus school. I like, you are so good throat.
Speaker 1: She went from that to you gotta ride the bus like you drop me off?
Speaker 3: No, I gotta work. I just want to make sure I got you before I went to work. Like so, that's when I was dealing with when I grew up. That's in your DNA, it's in my DNA.
Speaker 2: And then it started to happen to me after my mom when I got here.
Speaker 3: Of course, rookies, they trickers. Bruce Smith one days, he never let up off me. That's why we're so close.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you guys are tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and uh he stole my car out the parking lot doing lunch.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, okay, and they parked it on the highway.
Speaker 3: After filling it up with the shelves, you know, like style phones show. Yeah, yeah, and I'm sitting out the work yet realize we get off at five o'clock. I'm here at seven pm just talking to miss BJ like my car stole. I'm calling the local poligue. They like, well, we'll look apb out for it. Then Bruce give me a car like something thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, your car on the highway right there on twenty eight. I go to it.
Speaker 3: He leave my keys in there and I opened the door and the shells just fall out on just fall out everywhere.
Speaker 2: On the highway.
Speaker 3: I can't get them all out, so I just try to clear out the front seat.
Speaker 2: Enough to push the gas.
Speaker 3: Now I'm driving home with a car full of style phone and I get pulled over because don't forget, I reported the car stolen.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: I get pulled over. They're like, yeah, this god stolen French move will probably. I was like, well, I am free, smooth. My team pranked me. All right, I got my car. He was like, okay, but why is all these uh style funk?
Speaker 2: Well, why is all this stuff in this car? Werry? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I like, if I told you, you would not believe me. Just trust me. This was not my plan.
Speaker 2: So I have. I've had it done to me, so then I start to be a rebbel.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pay the bills that we're gonna talk about the upcoming game against the gm N. We start with Honda. You know what you know the power of the CRV hybrid and a Court Hybrid, Hondra's most electrified vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or you can experience the thrilling performance of the fun to Drive I will I know youna Civic with an available turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda that is perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. And finally, it's.
Speaker 2: Breaking news like that. It's kind of illy would like World of World's right there?
Speaker 1: See now that ticket I have the lives of the Commanders. That's right, it is finalized. You know, see Geek the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, you'll be hearing it a lot this season, whether you're buying tickets, selling tickets to Commander's games, or any other live event in the DMV. See Geek is the place to do it. The official ticketing partner of the Washington Commander is so Commander's fans can fa.
Speaker 2: And I gotta get command of fans. They props. We took over the Atlanta Falcons. State great, we took over that. I like it. I want more of it.
Speaker 3: Sold out for the Eagles, I want more of you. We're back ever, new chance, New time.
Speaker 2: That was a free ad right there, brought to you by Frend Smooth.
Speaker 1: So how do we build on this winter great win against the Falcons. Love what we saw, but we don't want to be one and done here. We'll start to put wincey. First of all, we forget about it. Yep, we forget about it. You want to be working out today.
Speaker 2: And listen, I want to.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a focus when you want to make a run. Like I told you about that. What extra reason are they playing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: After Shun's death, that was the first time I had ever seen players just shed all the other stuff. It was football and the purpose was for him. We went on a six to seven game winnings s Creek with flawless domination. I then understood what a tunnel Vision team can do once you become tunnel Visions.
Speaker 2: The wednesday't matter to us.
Speaker 3: We want to destroy everybody, yeah, and we set out to destroy everybody.
Speaker 2: So if I can get this.
Speaker 3: Team in that mind frame of playing outside yourself, playing for something different, playing for more than just respect, playing to be the best, I think we can do it. And the Giants is the hurt we gotta get. It's a mental hurdle right now with the Giants.
Speaker 2: And they've been doing this.
Speaker 3: To us since the seventies eighty this, Yeah, the Giants have always been that thorn. Well to heal properly, you gotta pull that on out, yep. And I think this is the story of pulling that thrown out. And I hate Daniel Jones first of all. I hate quarterbacks with regular names. Nothing regular than Daniel Jones, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but we stick on him.
Speaker 1: Danny Dimes, No, not no.
Speaker 3: All right, Danny Penny's all right now we're gonna call it now this He.
Speaker 2: Loves playing against us.
Speaker 3: He rises upon and Thibodeaux, Yep, they love it. We got to go in there and zero in on those three people and dominate there.
Speaker 1: How difficult is it making that transition to a divisional game, especially this division, which historically, always even in a bad year, is always competitive.
Speaker 3: It's harder to fight a stranger than your brother. Your brother knows you, hm. He can put you in the head like fifty five times. He know you will tap out if you just grab your left ear. He knows your weaknesses. That's what a divisional game is. The divisional game is looking in the mirror and you are your own worst enemy. They know your they know they don't like this, they don't like this. Gonna keep them in this situation. I think it's good because it don't matter what your record is. You know your inner divisional folds are dangerous to you. Like so it doesn't matter. Throw all it out the wine. The Giants playing bad, don't matter. They'll play great against us. Yeah, don't matter. Philadelphia coming off of lost, that ain't when you want to see him. At the end of they cowboys up and down, not against us. So at the end of the day, it's that thing where we gotta go in here and we gotta physically beat them. Coaches can't help us. Coaches can't help us, not in the vision game. They coaches know what we do we know what they do. Coaches can't help us. This is a tag team fight and it's all about who leader is K's match last, That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: How difficult is that environment in New York City's gonna be different than Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been saying it's one of those things where they walk with such an arrogance. It's New York over. Everybody think of the named New York Giants. Why do you think they call themself there? It's actually because of the giant buildings, not because they are the Giants of football, but they really think they are to end all, be all the mecca of football. And I had to play against straight hand and OC and I usually just yap to them boys and just but I watched them dominate. And this one thing about the Giants a great organization. They're gonna find out away with dayball to pick up the pieces. I just hope it ain't this week.
Speaker 1: And finally, what's the one thing could be offense? Could be defense? If you want to see one thing this week that you think would be your primary key to victory getting this Stubb boar to be.
Speaker 3: I would say it's easy for me to point to the defense. Yeah, I would say protect Sam Howe. I want to see the offensive line dominate Thibadeau, Dix Lawrenson.
Speaker 2: That's easier said than done. Yep.
Speaker 3: I want to see them dominate that front. Like I don't care if Sam throws for three hundred. I want to dominate the front. And I think if you could do that, then you can weaponize the offense by keeping Daniel Jones in saquent on the sideline.
Speaker 2: So I want to.
Speaker 3: See Connunitius Lucas if he's playing Charles Leno, say them cos me cidek Charles. I want to see why. I want to see these guys have that game. Yeah, like every year we gonna have that game. Like I knew this game was coming for the defense, I just didn't know what was gonna be this week. I want to see the offensive line have that game that week. I want the Fat Brothers to win this game.
Speaker 1: Looking for two straight in the Meadowlands on Sunday. That's me thinking of his pranks in the meantime.
Speaker 2: You know, that's definitely I'm gonna prank about people. A lot of the lottery winners get lied about that.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.