Speaker 1: All right, not to set the bar too high, but today the woman on our second Date Update got the most extravagant gift I think we've ever heard of on this show.
Speaker 2: Definitely creative. Well yeah, yep, that too. We're gonna hear it in just a second.
Speaker 1: But you know, we love to start our brand new episodes with, of course your comments, because you're the star of our show.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, okay, this one was funny.
Speaker 3: Someone said, is this radio station too good for cameras in their studios? Okay, but then the funny one is French Blue Head said, I'd rather not see what they look like that early in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's really funny.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have some videos.
Speaker 1: Not everything is videotaped, yeah, because we can't afford a video team.
Speaker 2: But we do have some videos and you can.
Speaker 1: See them up on our YouTube page and on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey and be disappointed in how we look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is in the morning, okay, give.
Speaker 2: Us a yeah, and it is our faces. So your brand new second date starts right now?
Speaker 5: Can date update?
Speaker 6: I feel like we always debate this every couple months or so. Our flowers okay, to bring on a first date. Is it too cute or just looking at Alexis's face right now, is it a major?
Speaker 2: I just think it shows age.
Speaker 3: I think the older you are, it's okay.
Speaker 5: We're young.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know. I high schoolers are like older.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, high schools are above thirty.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay. Huh does that No?
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the type of flower, is what I was thinking. You don't want to get twelve roses?
Speaker 5: That's whoa?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's two romantic yeah years, sticky smell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you pro flowers on a first date, I am, but I think one. I think it's safe to bring one single.
Speaker 2: Flower that you pick from somebody's yard on the way over.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's fresh, as long as it's semi alive.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And uh.
Speaker 6: I only ask because one of our listeners, Sarah's, she got a gift on her first date better than flowers. Oh, better than flowers, according to her, and she can't let it go. Sarah, welcome to the show, and tell us what's the name of the guy you met and when was your first date?
Speaker 8: So his name is Paul and our date happened about a month ago.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's a long time.
Speaker 1: Why did you wait so long to reach out to us if you're having issues getting a hold of them?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know. I was just hopeful he would reach back out to me, and he just hasn't.
Speaker 6: Patient they're saying he hasn't He hasn't been in contact that entire stretch for the whole month.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: After I thanked him for the date, he responded with a couple of texts like, this is my pleasure for the prettiest girl in the world.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Just has an issue with that statement.
Speaker 2: She's this isn't about me. Yeah, my segment.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to argue that you're the prettiest girl in the world?
Speaker 3: Is that what You're trying to have some competition here my segment?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean if every guy tells her it's got to be less, it's got to be true. Well that's that is a nice thing for him to write back to you after your date.
Speaker 5: So what's happened? What's happened in between?
Speaker 8: So Paul actually give me the sweetest gift, very thoughtful, I mean, something no guy's ever done before.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 8: He picked me up to the date and instead of taking me to a bar or someplace to get drinks. We drove out to this area of the city where you can really see the night sky scares.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't leave the city limits on a first.
Speaker 5: Date, remember, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Remember it's not about you, I know, but that's actually a good safety tip.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Alexis proving her point. An old couple used to drive up on a mountain and go to make out.
Speaker 7: Point.
Speaker 5: Yes, sure on first date. Nowadays it's not.
Speaker 2: The same because their parents knew each other in the You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now it's some rando on the internet, Sarah.
Speaker 5: Clearly, this is a unique city situation.
Speaker 6: We don't usually hear about stuff like this on this segment, So keep going.
Speaker 5: He was driving you out to a dark area of the city and what happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So he brought out a telescope, put it on the hood of his car and pointed it at the sky. And then I looked through the scope and he said, I bought that star for you.
Speaker 5: Oh brought you a star.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I looked at it. At the certificate Bliss my name on it. It says the coordinance of it and it's officially registered with a National Space registry.
Speaker 5: And what did he name it? The most beautiful star in the universe?
Speaker 8: He named it Sarah Star.
Speaker 9: Star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, much better than a bouquet of flowers.
Speaker 1: I'll say that's pretty wild because that's the first what half hour of your date?
Speaker 5: Yeah? How did you react when he showed you the certificate?
Speaker 8: I and I thought it was so sweet. I almost cried.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he was reading it right, you know, So what happened?
Speaker 8: And then he took out some tequila and we cheered. Then we kind of fold around a little bit.
Speaker 5: Oh what else do you do in the dark area?
Speaker 7: Time star?
Speaker 2: That's a super nova.
Speaker 5: This sounds like it's going really really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it was the most magical thing. No guy's ever done that for me before, not even boyfriends, and it was so special.
Speaker 2: I love that all this happened.
Speaker 1: But were you able to I know that you felt flattered and cared for, but like, were able to connect with him?
Speaker 2: Like, did you guys talk at all?
Speaker 6: Or did you go somewhere else afterwards after the star viewing?
Speaker 2: After the Mico?
Speaker 8: No, after we were done, he took me home. What I mean, my heart was fluttering.
Speaker 2: Did you want the night to continue like go to.
Speaker 8: Dinner of course, of course, but I didn't want to given kind of impression that I was just there for one thing, and he said he couldn't wait to see me again, and that's at almost thirty eights. I'm hoping it could help me a good day.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is really weird.
Speaker 6: Day, Yes, especially for a guy who's like pouring it on so thickly anything. Yeah, is there anything that's going through your mind about maybe something that went wrong?
Speaker 8: I really can't even think of anything. I thought it would be perfect, Okay.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I just can't imagine a guy having this be his stick just so he can make out with some girls in a car, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you could do.
Speaker 5: It, though, because what is it twenty dollars a star or something like.
Speaker 3: That that then he's for sure might.
Speaker 4: Be doing it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not like he stayed the night, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like everything you're saying it feels like a very sincere interaction.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's why we are really eager to jump on the phone and help you hopefully track this guy down and get you some answers about why he's not meeting up after thirty whole days.
Speaker 2: This is so romantic. It's like written in the stars.
Speaker 7: Jeff.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's a little cheesy, but I'll take it.
Speaker 6: That's We're gonna do it with your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 5: On second date update, Brook, Look up in the sky. Do you see it? It's a bird. No, it's a plane.
Speaker 2: What is it, Jeff?
Speaker 5: No, it's a star I bought for you. No star, those where the words are listener.
Speaker 6: Sarah heard on her date when Paul surprised her with a star that he'd purchased in her name.
Speaker 5: It's Sarah's star, Sarah's star forever.
Speaker 6: But ever since that magical date with moonbeams and makeouts and tequila, she has not seen Paul again. And we are here to try and help her find out.
Speaker 2: Oh why?
Speaker 1: And she's given him plenty of time to come out A full month.
Speaker 2: A full month has gone by.
Speaker 5: I ask you, have you been hitting him up at all? Or you're just let marinate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean we had a couple of back and forths, but I just can't get him out of my head, the.
Speaker 2: Bearer of bad news. But stars do die.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you Wow, we don't know. Because there's so many light years away. We could be looking at stars that are already dead. Right.
Speaker 5: It takes so long for the light to reach.
Speaker 2: I had to take astronomy twice because I didn't do very good in the.
Speaker 5: First Put it on. Put on your tombstone.
Speaker 6: We don't need to hear it. Okay, let somebody else read about it, Sarah. We're optimist. Some of us are optimistic about this call. But let's see if Paul answers the phone. I'm going to dial his number right now. You're ready to do this?
Speaker 8: Thank you guys so much. Jeff, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, here we go. Let's make magic happen.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey, is Paul there speaking?
Speaker 6: Hey man, my name is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Paul, good morning.
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know the show?
Speaker 5: Well, we appreciate you listening.
Speaker 2: Awkward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, we don't normally get this, so this is actually better. That means if you listen, you probably have heard these before. We do these segments called second date Update. Yeah, because someone reached out about you, somebody that you haven't seen for almost an entire month.
Speaker 2: But man, did you guys have a romantic night?
Speaker 7: Yeah, her name is Sarah Shay that name again, broke up?
Speaker 5: Maybe Sarah?
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, Sarah, Yeah I think so?
Speaker 2: You think so? No Sarah like Sarah's Starr.
Speaker 5: Maybe because it was a month ago. Yeah, do you know what we're talking about?
Speaker 4: No, but I know the show. What do you mean I know the show though?
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, wait wait wait, I do agree.
Speaker 5: It is more important that you know our show. So I'm with you there, but that you.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's joking.
Speaker 7: No, I always knew that this would come back to bite me. But this is and.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Look before I say any more, you guys got to tell me what you know about this okay experience?
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, we'll play the game.
Speaker 6: So Sarah told us that she went out on the date of a lifetime with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah she did, Okay.
Speaker 6: She told us that your date together was unlike any other guys she's ever been with. You did something so special for her and took her to a place in the city where you could see the night sky.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, exactly. I crushed it.
Speaker 2: Okay, is like the routine. It's feeling like the routine.
Speaker 7: It's I have this dialed in. I know exactly what to do.
Speaker 9: If you tell a girl, hey, I got a surprise for you, and then you print out a certificate, you show him where it is, you get the tequila, and the next thing you know, you're making out.
Speaker 6: Okay, friends, there's a real website to really buy it.
Speaker 2: You just photoshop that certificate. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 5: Seriously, you didn't purchase the star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell anybody, of course, I'm not going to spend twenty bucks for a star. I can get fifty certificates for fifteen bucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brook said they die anyway, So it's kind of smart.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I just don't get why, like you go on first dates with all these different women for what what's.
Speaker 4: The You sound exactly like a woman thinks.
Speaker 7: I'm a dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's weird, bro.
Speaker 4: I'm my goal is to make out with as many women as possible and get as far as I can with as little money and effort as I can pull off.
Speaker 5: Brook, you got to start thinking like a man, you know what.
Speaker 1: I had that same goal at a lot of different bars in college, so I actually understand it.
Speaker 5: So for a moment I thought, maybe you were out.
Speaker 6: You're teaching women how they should be treated, right, maybe you're setting an example for other men.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, any dude can try this.
Speaker 5: It's not that hard.
Speaker 2: I tell you.
Speaker 5: It just sounds like a lot of efforts.
Speaker 2: Well I not even out. Yeah, but any remorse of like leading them on?
Speaker 4: How am I leading them on?
Speaker 7: I said, let's go on a great date.
Speaker 4: I got a surprise. I delivered the surprise. I got the tequila. We made out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Paul, you know you're running, you're saying, and you're happy with it. That's fine.
Speaker 6: You've said enough, though, because I mean, you obviously know Sarah has been on the phone this whole time, and she heard everything that you just said.
Speaker 7: What she's listening. I don't listen to you guys all the time.
Speaker 2: You didn't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, Sarah, are you there?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm here, Paul. How could you do that to me, Sarah?
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry. I had no idea that you were listening.
Speaker 6: Okay, you were just laughing at ye, Sarah.
Speaker 7: I feel so terrible about this, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Why should I trust you?
Speaker 7: But you got to realize it's the effort that went into it. You know that star that you have has a blue tint, and there's not a lot of those in the universe, and I picked that one specifically because it matches your beautiful eyes.
Speaker 6: Wow, that is so sweet and thoughtful, the sweetest thing anyone's ever done.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: Don't fall for it again.
Speaker 8: Can you guys please shut up? I want to hear what he has to say a woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, seriously, you guys got to pipe down, Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, what else do you got to say?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 5: You two talk to.
Speaker 7: Each other, Sarah, and to be honest, Look, and I know thirty days is a long time, and I have a good excuse. I do have another surprise for you.
Speaker 5: Oh no, really, Wow, he's been planning.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I should believe you.
Speaker 2: No, you shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Well, let's hear him out.
Speaker 2: Though you didn't even remember her name.
Speaker 7: He's got as god as my witness. I bought you a moony.
Speaker 2: With the same stick. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Can you guys please shut the stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to work the.
Speaker 5: Wow, stop trying to block romance. Oh yeah, sorry about that, Paul.
Speaker 7: So Sarah, listen to me, not to them. The reason it took thirty days to get this moon a it's more expensive, but just dealing with the ins and outs of the International Space Registry. Oh, I mean it was with the tariffs and so many delays. It's been a complete nightmare. But I finally was able to pull it off. And now you are one of the owners of one of Saturn's moons.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh my god, I feel like his printer just broke for a month.
Speaker 5: Well, moons are more rare than stars. Yo.
Speaker 2: I don't believe this, do you.
Speaker 8: I'm on the fence.
Speaker 5: No, wow, Sarah, Okay, did.
Speaker 2: You just forget the ten minutes of your life?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I believe him that. He said that he's done this many times before with other women, but I didn't hear that he's given anybody a moon ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Sarah, I did that. If you will go with me, I would love to show you that moon on Saturday and I'll bring the tequila.
Speaker 2: So you just need to do another car makeout session on Saturday.
Speaker 5: He did say that was his goal.
Speaker 1: So, Sarah, if you only want to make out session, I think this is great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I would like a moon also.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he doesn't buy them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she forgets a lot. Maybe in a year you'll get a whole galaxy all in their name.
Speaker 2: Man, it's no longer the milky way we live in. It's actually just Sarah's galaxy way.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brook's just jealous because her husband bought her a dish rack, so.
Speaker 5: Let's not take that into consideration.
Speaker 7: I should have had this conversation with just Sarah and I.
Speaker 1: That is a good point, much easier to manipulate her that way.
Speaker 6: We'll let you have all the conversations that you two want to have if you'll agree to go out with Sarah one more time, because we would pay for.
Speaker 5: That, Paul.
Speaker 2: It doesn't cost much, Jeff.
Speaker 6: You're right, Brooke, but it comes with a certificate for the restaurant that we're sending them to, yes, and a dollar sign with the amount of money that's on the card. So pretty official, Paul, if you'll say yes, I'm on board.
Speaker 2: Oh, you may be the first woman in his life. They got a dinner.
Speaker 6: Sarah, you've been pretty quiet for a while. What do you think about going out with Paul again?
Speaker 8: I would love to.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Yes, you made the best choice. Paige. You're gonna have such a great time.
Speaker 2: Oh that's because he forgot her name again, freaking.
Speaker 9: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Why do I feel like I'm the only one in the room that's excited we got Yes, there's too much cynical commentary in here, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't like that.
Speaker 5: It's disingenuous.
Speaker 1: He lied to her and made up his own certificate.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he didn't say all the details. She heard all the details, and she forgave.
Speaker 2: All that exactly jose Than ignored all the details. That's different than forgiveness.
Speaker 6: Listen, if a young man wants to buy a fake constellation for a woman and they see that is romantic, who are we to tell them it's not sure minded?
Speaker 2: Okay? He printed.
Speaker 5: Even her.
Speaker 6: Seriously, we should change the name of this segment to the Love Finders, because that's just what we do. We're star finders, so you can listen to all the love that we've helped unearthed. Wherever you get your podcasts, don't search love Finders or scam finders. Type in at Brook and Jeff there we are