Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast. Hey girl, Hi, it's Fall break week. Yeah, so where are you headed? Well? Will Will leaving today to go to Chicago because I'm going to go do the pernuvo Okay, because it's a full body mri scan. Oh that's right, that's right. Yeah. I just have had things that I'm like, I just want a peace of mind. Yeah yeah, I just did this with blood work and feel so much better. Good. Yeah. Uh yeah, so very excited for that. Okay, good. And then then we come back and we go to Florida. Okay, yeah, we feel good about that. We do. It was so we had to change the Florida. The sweet girl from Airbnb message me and said, hey, I'm so sorry, but our place got destroyed in the hurricane. And I'm like, girl, I'm so sorry. Remember don't worry about my fall trip. I was like, I'm worried about your cottage, you know, because it was like the cutest little cottage on the beach. I just feel terrible for uh. And you know, I was like, is there anything that I can help with or do? And she said no, you know, it's just it's really sad. So Then I started looking around at other places around Tampa because I'm like, what I'd like to not be changed the flights. Then I heard that there's another hurricane coming in in the direction. So I'm like, all right, I just I got to reroute us and the kids were so excited about the beach. So I'm like, okay, let's just go west and so but it's gonna be chilly west. Oh yeah, yeah. So I'm like, yeah, it's that time of the year where it starts to it's like weird. So we're just doing now thirty A Okay, so we have a you know, cute, little small little condo right on the No. I don't want to see anybody, okay, same human. Yeah, that's why I didn't even want to say thirty A. Like I just we're going to the Panhandle. Yeah, and here for people that don't know, like Nashville relocates to yes, and I've I've only gone to thirty eight once. But I'm not the person that's like I want to go where everybody goes. I don't want to see anybody. I just want my kids and us on a beach like cost and that's it. Yeah. I love thirty eight. It's really special because I feel like it's not a bikini town like that strip isn't bikini towns. Yeah, it's more like wear a pretty dresser, hooded sweatshirt, and it's kind of like up our alley. I feel, yeah, a little Michigan vibe in that way. Yes, yeah, so yeah, I'm excited about that. And we're gonna just spend four nights there, which is a perfect amount of time. Great, and yeah, I'm looking forward to it. But Alan I booked a a swim with the dolphins in the ocean, and he's not excited about it Allan and I are the same person, really, yeah, no way, even in the little cove. No, nope, I'm not saying like in the middle of like the ocean. Oh it doesn't matter, No, really I would. I went to the keys and I touched their little snouts or whatever those are called. When I what are those called a dolphin? Their nose? I suppose anything else that rhymes. Anyways, that was magical because they were in their element and I was on land in my element, and so I liked that we could both respect our habitats and still see each other. But I am not interested in being in the water with them at all really like negative seven percent. Like I'm not going to put the baby in there, but I'm like Julie's really excited. Yeah, No, I love that. For everybody that's excited, I'm just not that girl. Oh. I love them. They're so sweet, aren't they. Yeah, they're also like wildly intuitive. I mean, so the ones like horses, why do I feel like we're just gonna get bashed or with this? Are there though, aren't they? Like? Because horses are very intuitive, Yeah, to your emotions and feelings. That's why there's a lot of like therapy horses. Yeah, this is wild. So I learned when we were in the Keys, we stayed at this really awesome resort kind of place. And I know people have their own opinions about this, but this was like a dolphin rescue you. And then they also would like you could swim with them. But the dolphins were actually retired navy dolphins because they used to go and like they would go and check out if there was anything that was dangerous to their people and come back and report in their dolphin ways. And I just think that's really spectacular. That's really sweet. And so I loved that I got to hang out with some veterans. Yeah, we've so we've done the swim with dolphins in Orlando when Jolie was like three, maybe, And I get a lot of hate on that guy, and I'm like, yeah, like I am a zoogoer. I like, I know, you know what they do on the flip side of things in their conservatory ship and yeah, helping back animals and extinction extinctions and stuff like that, extinctions and stuff. Yeah, And I also think it's worth noting that a lot of those places bring in animals that wouldn't otherwise survive probably out in the wild, yes, because as they have whatever injuries. He is never going to be my friend. No, that's fine, that's okay, But I'm excited you should be. And then but you guys aren't going anywhere. No, we just did like back to back trips. So I feel really good about your saying yeah, and we actually so. The other half of our duo lives near Tampa, and Kate actually drove last night. She packed up her house and her kids and her dog and made her way. So she's making her way today. She evacuated a little earlier to try to like beat the rush and the craziness. It's just wild times right now, really wild emotional times. And I'm an mpath so I feel like I need a hotline. We spent yesterday gutting our closets and our home for things like pantry and all the things we could send over into the Western Carolina's coats because it's going to start to get cold there. So they're just sad. It is. It's it's actually it's beyond like I don't I don't think. I know. It's so widespread and the scope is so huge that I think that we can't comprehend it yet. But now it's like live feeds are coming in from people like boots on the ground. It's really really devastating. I had such a wide area. One of my girlfriends waspposed to be getting married this past Saturday, and she texted me, and you know, the wedding was in New York, and I knew her family was from North Carolina. But she texted me and she's like, Hey, just FYI, the wedding is a no go because we were going to fly there and obviously put to her wedding. She's like, we just got in contact with my parents after five days because they live in Asheville, and I was like, oh my god. I was like I thought they lived on like not that part of Carolina, but still so sad. Yeah, it's crazy. I know what do we do sidebar? My My husband just sent me a text message and said move Kristen's car? Why is she blocking me? Would you please go on a date with me tonight? And then sent me a reservation confirmation. That's pretty cute and you ask him to text Preston it's really sweet. Mind's driving mine in mine? Okay, President and I have this game on the highway. Sounds dangerous, I know when when we're passing each other, like we know we're coming from opposite directions, so he'll move into the fast lane and he waves his hand out the window and honks from laughing me. It happened on the way here. The bus just pulled in. So he was driving home and he's like, maybe I think I'm going to Patty such a Rednecks sweet But he's not texting me dinner reservation. So how long do you think Preston's going to be on the road for. I don't know. Have you guys had that conversation like, this is because you've been doing road life for five years? Ten ten years? Sorry, hold his love? Yeah they had ten ten years. Wait, but love's only nine. Yeah, but I met him while he was on the road, got it gotta go. Yeah, so that's a long time, so longer for him because he's been doing it for twenty five right, So when it comes to your marriage and long term of things, have you guys had that conversation like how much longer are are we living this? Yeah? We do often, and the four of us actually do often because I think our goal is the same. I think it's I think for Preston and Chris they will always have to do it just because that's who they are. The goal would be higher paid shows, less shows, less shows. Yeah, and then we could all be together more, which I think is it. He's also moved into a really fun chapter that you and I have been waiting for. We should probably not do this on air, but that's kind of fun. He is really excited for me to have a big career. Great, weird, amazing, it's strange, it's great. I almost feel like there's times where I want to like FaceTime you in and just have you be quiet and just like this real life. But He's like, I just really think you're good at what you do. I think it's time for you to like flourish. I want to help you do that. I want to use my contacts and help you do that. It's weird, foreign and great, great, yeah, good, slow and steady. But I think the idea would be kind of like handing the baton over. So maybe my work increases, his work decreases, and maybe I can take it from here. Not anytime soon, right, what do you think the future timeline is? Like? Do you for you like? Is it like I'd like it to be X? I don't know. I mean I would like it in the next five years. I just enjoy this so much that I would do this all the time, not having like I would always want to still homeschool I enjoy, Yeah, but like I just enjoy the podcasting space so much. I would do it all the time. But it's my radio heart. You know, You've always kind of been that way. Speaking of podcasts, you have your podcast, Kramer. You're always the supportive one. You're the spouse that always has my back. What is it's just launched again? You're a new Season, New Season. It's called in Kristen we Breast and Christian we Breast tell our listeners everything. I have a promo moment you are. This season is called Homecoming, which I've said on wind Down before, but I did a whole season dedicated to it. So it's about coming home to yourself. It's about taking time to know your intuition. I think we have a really noisy world that distracts us from listening to what God gave us, which is discernment. I think we all know what we need to do. Sometimes we just don't trust ourselves, whether that's because of generational trauma or relationships you've been in, or your own self doubt, whatever. So it's really just about This whole season is just about ways to get back to yourself, coming home to yourself. Where do you think you've abandoned yourself the most? I think so I'm a solid two on Nyagraham. I don't know who all believes in that. I know you and I do. You're a solid two. You're a helper. I got to yeah, but I have to redo it. Now that I've had kids, I might have changed. Oh good. I think there's definitely a lot of two in me, but I think we're also just healthier right now with like Aby and you know, I'm not a two to fault anymore. No, I'm not a two to detriment. Yeah myself, Yeah, I think I abandoned myself or had abandon myself and just allowing people to mute me for a really long time. It's tricky. In marrying into country music is tricky. Trying to find your place in that is tricky, I think, just trying to find your place anywhere, but specifically because I didn't want to just I didn't want to fall in solely being a wife and a mom, and that's what a lot of country music wives do. I think there's like a new revival, Like I feel this little revolution happening right now where a lot of those women are doing their own businesses and like taking charge of their own lives again. And that's so great. But for a while, it just was kind of like I didn't know what to do. But you found me, Kramer, you did. You found you, I know, but you also were like, hey, so I'm gonna need you. I'm still waiting for open mic night. You can do it. I mean, I don't know it's too good. I just because I think you should and then write a script and then I'll act in it. You act in it. I totally will do that. More fun when we're together, it's like a I can't even like, gosh, what is it? It would just be fun. Oh, we would have so much. It would be a lot of fun. We're just I mean, we have fun. The thing that I really enjoy about us though, is there's like a safety that we have for each other, which makes us feel like we can be vulnerable in those spaces. But like I always know if I give you a look, you will halt, and like everyone, I'll get fortressed in which makes me feel comfortable to just be like, oh, I think I'm gonna share something I shouldn't share, Like right now, I probably talk too much. Well, everyone listened to in Kristin we Breast be a guest, So I actually was gonna ask you that I haven't been asked. I actually am just bringing back the guest. So let's do that, right. Christine actually just asked me about that. She was like, what about Jane coming on? I was like, yeah, would she do that? What I do that? Is that across pollination? I know it is like a thing. But then I also was like, well I heart be mad at me. No. Anyways, speaking of October fall break, October is also a breast cancer awareness month, and we have doctor a Meet Patel. He's an oncologist in Jersey City, and he is going to shed some light on things that we as women need to look out for and he's going to share all of his expertise. Let's take a break and then get him on. Do you ever be worried about breast cancer? Just now? The last couple of weeks from Oh that's right, and you had like a something they were not worried about, but not not worried about. You had that appointment, which is why you missed at one episode? What did they which I was going to put off, which is what I would do, right, And I was like, I just feel like I needed it. Doesn't get there? And what do they say? They think everything's fine?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, irony because I have dense breast tissue, which is hysterical because they are flat. Stanley boobs, Doctor Patel, we can't we can't see you yet.
Speaker 2: Oh you can't, Okay, let me take care.
Speaker 1: We're talking about dense boobies, and we really need your help to finding you. Is dense boobies mean? Because I don't believe she has dense boobies. I don't either believe that I have dense breast tissue, doctor Batel, because I've been like, I think, let these bad boys, baby. Yeah, the perception in my brain of what dense breast tissue is and the actual result of what I'm dealing with, it feels the reality is not matching. You know. It's like if guys could only get into our FaceTime because she's like, look at these things after the third one and I'm like, Jesus girl. And Shanna had her breast surgery, she was like flashy on FaceTime. I'm like, there's a million dudes that would pay to be on this anyways, Hello, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Thanks for adding credibility to this cast. No problem, We needed you and your brain and degree in here quick.
Speaker 2: So, actually, dense breast tissue is very, very common in young females, especially females under the age of forty. So it's not that you are, you know, unique in that regard to your unique in many aspects, but in terms of having dense breast tissue. It's actually very common, and it's so good. It's so good that you're bringing this topic up because so many young women need to know about it. They need to know that screening mammograms are typically not the best when you have breast dense tissues. So we don't even recommend that you get a mammogram unless you have one at baseline. What we do want to monitor and follow up with is ultrasounds of your breast, so those are more precise when you have breast debts tissue to really look at any even small abnormalities and then based on that, if needed, we move on to a breast MRI and so that's best under the age of forty. So it's not uncommon that you know, it doesn't have to do with size of breast. It doesn't have to do with previous breast augmentation or any you know, treatments that you may have had, for example, you know people that use oral contraceptive pills or have had hormonal treatments for whatever their other illnesses or conditions are. It really is not dependent on that. In fact, it's a better way of looking at breast tissue when you're younger.
Speaker 1: What if this person's above forty, what if you you keep saying younger, and I gotta tell you my favorite guests theo are He's like, well, that doesn't can that would be an issue with you under forty? I'm like, I really like this guy.
Speaker 2: Well if it's if you're above the age of forty, still, even if you have gone through menopause, let's say women in their fifties and our screening age is now decreased to forty when mammogram should start, you can still have breast debt tissue. It's more common in younger females, but there are patients that past the age of fifty still continue to have dense breast tissue. And that's not really an anatomical term. It's more of what we see with your breast tissue when we're imaging it with an ultrasound or a mammogram. So still we continue to use ultrasounds in those patients.
Speaker 1: Do you want to share what they kind of what you're because do you want to?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to know? Oway Yeah, So it's interesting. So I had my regular ob yearly appointment, probably like a month ago, and in doing that, breast exam. And I've always had trouble with self breast exams because they just I think, I don't know. I have to be really honest with you. This is where this is really good that he's on. I can't tell you the last time I actually felt my boobs to even check myself. And I'm forty and I haven't had a mammogram. So if we're being really honest, yeah, I don't. I don't do it well. Mine feel a little like uneven anyways. And I just had a baby like sixteen months ago and so, and they are my natural breast, So the tissue has just always been a little tricky for me to like feel and go like you know, like I don't want to panic, but I also confuse, like it's not did you find something or what I didn't find anything. But in that visit, they were like, so there's something that we feel that isn't concerning, but it isn't not concerning and so, and they were like, we need a baseline mammogram. And then they scheduled an ultrasound right after. So I had back to back really well done.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, and you and it sounds like they move quickly, which is great, and so you know why we encourage and why we definitely still want our patients and everyone to continue your own clinical self breast exam is you know, we as physicians.
Speaker 1: She's giving herself one right now.
Speaker 2: I see that.
Speaker 1: Would you like her to put on a paper napkin? Does that make you feel more comfortable about what's happening in front of us? I think it's good. She's going to knock that out real quick off.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you brought that up because that's a whole different discussion, which is what we do when we make you change into basically a paper towel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really something what you guys make us do.
Speaker 2: You're in a vulnerable position and a vulnerable state, and then we come in and we're poking and prodding at your breasts. So that being said, when we encourage and talk to patients about breast exams is because what we want you to do is to be able to identify the obvious.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We are trained, many many years of training to identify those subtle abnormalities when we're moving from quadrant to quadrant, and that's why we use both of our hands to really poke and press into your breast tissue. The obvious is what we want you to identify. If you feel some sort of irregularity that is not your normal breast, If you feel obviously some sort of mass, if you feel something under your arm, A lot of patients for it's not just your breast. We need you to feel under your arms in the accilliary regions as well. Right, But that being said, you won't know unless you're doing it and you continue to do it at least on a monthly basis. Right, So I always say the best time to do it is, you know, either before your shower or after your shower, because you're already you know, you already have your bra off, and you know you're already either drying yourself or you know, in the shower itself with your body wash, et cetera. So that's the best time that you can do it is it's already dedicated. It's not like you have to make time to do it. You're already in the bathroom showering. So that's when you should be doing it at least once a month.
Speaker 1: Let's do this every wind down listener the first of every month, because we're going to put ourselves first. Oh, I like it toutch your babies in the shower. There you're talking out the first of every month, and you won't forget we do need to like raise our arm when we're doing this.
Speaker 2: Correct, absolutely, And so what you want to do is it's usually at about like a right angle you want to put Oh, just the best thing you can do is touch the back of your head with your hand right okay, to the back of your head with your hand, and make sure your arm is out right. You don't want it forward or you don't want it too you know, it too close to your head. You want it completely out and that's when you're going to be able to really feel it the best. And then I always say you want to from the underarm, start in the mid arm area here, like in your triceps, and then just start poking and move down. And then when you really get into the underarm area, you want to go in a circular motion and really feel and then put your arm down, keep your hand there and poke underneath as well, and make sure you don't feel anything that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so good. I just wish I knew more, like I wish i'd I think my self doubt trumps this or I'm like, I don't think I'm like I am in my qualified enough to even notice a change in my body. But I feel like most people in your position would say you would know it would be something you know.
Speaker 2: Your body best, right, Yeah, you can. You can tell you just had a child, how your breasts have changed, right, are you? May I ask are you breastfeeding or not?
Speaker 1: No? No? And you know it's tricky is because I didn't also realize that after breastfeeding, it takes a really long time for your breast to kind of like resume like coat would be their new normal because there's still all sorts of glands and things.
Speaker 2: Correct. Absolutely, there's all sorts of glands that have grown and proliferated. Your breast tissue is very different and that changes completely after you, you know, do breastfeed or your don't, or just with pregnancy itself. Right, And so that's that's the best example, is you know your breast the best, right, there's yeah. And that's what I tell my patients is if you notice anything besides doing a breast exam, you come in and you say, you know what, Doc, my nipple doesn't look right. Something is wrong, even though it may still be the same size or you know, same location. It looks like it's you know, indented a little bit, or you know, there was a little bit of your drainage, or my nippole aiola is very itchy. Things like that. Those are not things that we want you to ignore and just say, oh, it must have been that I was sweating at the gym a little too much, or I bought a new bra, or you know, something different with my lotion or whatnot. Like you definitely want to let us know and give us all of these.
Speaker 1: Details, right, Yeah, I do appreciate how quickly my doctor moved. That's awesome. It wasn't panicked, but it was like start under that. Yeah, doctor Barrett, Yeah, question for you, and I already know your answer, But I guess I just would love maybe like a little more insight on this because I think the vast majority now, like kind of a lot of what we're hearing is mammograms and ultrasounds are just so much radiation and this can be detrimental to people. And so what I mean, I know you're obviously a well educated degree toating doctor with a lot of years under your belt, so I know what you would recommend But why what could you say that would put that to rest? With the mammogram radiation, that's like this whole new information that we're just getting like pushed.
Speaker 2: Of course. So you know, in terms of the relative risk of radiation, ultrasounds carry the least amount. So that's what's good to know, is that really you don't have that extreme radiation exposure like you do with let's say an MRI, because we do recommend breast MRIs, right, and we have, of course, like you said, the scientific evidence. We have many, many longitudinal studies that have shown someone's relative risk of cancer development based on how many MRIs or chest X rays or ultrasounds that they get.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 2: What our newest technology has done, and this is where I really reassure my patients is you should all be getting three D tomo mammograms. That's the newest technology that we have, and those are the types of mammograms that carry the least amount of radiation risk. You know, over the years, we change our technology, we change our radiation exposure to our patients, because we know previously older machines and older techniques that we had, let's say in the seventies, you did you had cancer that developed because we kept putting you through scans, and patients that underwent treatments, let's say, for example, that had cancers continued to get scans. So it's kind of counterintuitive that we're treating your cancer, but we keep putting you through scans and that increases your cancer risk, and in fact it did in the past. So now our newest technologies are newest ways of developing and looking at images through radiation exposure in terms of MRIs or CAT scans, really has decreased the way the radiation goes into your body, the way the radiation exits your body, the way it's metabolized, and it's really focused in that organ or that ear of the body. Before, what would happen is radiation when you were exposed during a scan would disperse, right. That's why when you get a chest X ray we put that cover over your thyroid gland because we want to make sure that that radiation from a chest X ray it's pretty dispersed. It's big, so it doesn't expose other organs. Now we have more specialized or more precise ways of doing these tests to minimize that.
Speaker 1: So I have I had I Haventt had. I have fake boobs, got them after my second kid, and then I had another child. I obviously didn't know I was going to have another child, but I did, and he's amazing and all the things, but my boobs. I've heard that it's harder to find breast cancer with implants. Is that true or not true?
Speaker 2: So it is in one regard in terms of you know, developed the post, I would say implant changes to your breast. And that's where we sometimes have to use multiple imaging techniques to look at and screen for breast cancer. It wouldn't just be a mammogram because what happens is in that image, the way that those rays of radiation go into the implant, it can obscure the picture behind it. So what we look for is something that what we say enhances or doesn't. And so you having breast augmentation, we probably would recommend not just a mammogram, but we'd be looking at an ultrasound as well as part of your screening.
Speaker 1: I'm about to get an MRI, like a full body MRI. Just if you heard a pernuvo I have yes? Okay, do you like or not? Like? No? Comment? Oh? Shoot, oh great, I'm about to have one too, So I'm like, oh, because I've just been having some weird things in the brain area that I just want to like check off that it's not that what it is. But it's not going to be like super Bad film.
Speaker 2: No, No, why I said that, and being completely transparent and honest, you know, I practice with evidence and not by guidelines, but I need evidence if I'm going to subject my patient to tests or subject them to medications, I need evidence to back it up because it's not benign what I'm doing to patients or recommending. So I would say as a scientist, I don't have the evidence to support.
Speaker 1: That, right, Okay, got it is there. I feel like I've heard this too, that breast having breast augmentation is does that cause to cancer? Like what's the implant in there?
Speaker 2: That's a great, great point that you bring up, and older implants used to there was actually a type of limph that developed in the bread that was associated with those implants. We don't see that anymore because our newest implants that most plastic surgeons are using don't carry that risk as much. So we're happy because that lymphoma that used to develop with implants was a very aggressive lymphoma and it had, you know, a pretty bad outcome. So we're not seeing that as much anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's good to know. I and I know that this is probably let's just go thirty thousand feet when I asked this because I know that there's no like recipe for this. But I'm such a I'm a little crunchy if I'm honest, So I really believe in all the pieces of the puzzle kind of compound interest and keeping someone healthy. I'm sure you would agree, But like, is there like a cancer fighting if you had? How about this? Let me frame it like this, since obviously the brain fog is real for me. Still same, if you could tell anyone like the most ideal perfect way to eat to avoid and lower your risk of any cancer, specifically breast cancer, what would that be? Okay? And what supplement? I love supplements.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you're bringing that up because I'm a big believer in I have to practice what I preach right, because I can't be Let's be honest, I can't be a five hundred pound physician who doesn't exercise in smokes and I'm giving health information and cancer prevention recommendations to my patients. So for the past two and a half years, I've become completely pescatarian, gar to the Mediterranean diet because that has been proven to show that it reduces your risk of cancer, aging, Alzheimer's, diabetes, cardiovascular risks. So I mainly eat a very protein based diet with tofu and fish fish that does and have a shell, lots of vegetables. I exercise, and it's cardio exercise about four to five times a week a minimum of twenty to twenty five minutes, and that's all you need that will definitely reduce your cancer risks. We have many studies that show that and supplementation wise, I yes practice Western medicine, but I come from an Eastern background. I'm South Asian and Indian, so my family there's a lot of iro vedic and homeopathic remedies that I grew up with, and so medicine was not something from a doctor that I turned to or my parents turned to at first as part of our treatment. So there's actual good evidence in data that cur turmeric it's a huge antioxidant and a benefit in reducing your cance risk. So if there's any supplement you can take on a daily basis, Anything that's turmeric or curcumin based would be the best thing that I could recommend.
Speaker 1: How many milligrams?
Speaker 2: So that's a good question because you know, if it's dietary intake.
Speaker 1: Because I take a tumoric supplement every day, just like from the tumoric I can never say that other word. But yeah, but I don't know what the milligram is or what it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know what, if you take at least two hundred milligrams a day, it should be enough. There are some that are out there that are a lot more, but you know, I think the main thing you want to look for is it that it has that active ingredient of curricumen in it, because that's what's been proven to show that antioxid in cancer fighting property. So you definitely want to have that incorporated into part of your daily supplements that you can date. Vitamin D is another great supplement if you haven't started that already. Low levels of vitamin D are associated with increased breast cancer risk, and if you know someone that's had breast cancer, if their vitamin D levels stay low, it actually has been shown to increase the recurrence of breast cancer as well. Anything citrus based, folic acid, any anything vitamin C based also has great antioxidant in cancer fighting properties as well.
Speaker 1: So D we need to have vitamin K with D.
Speaker 2: Right, you have calcium with vitamin D.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I knew we needed a couple it with something or it's less effective. Okay, I need a yes or no on red wine for cancer health. That matters to the girls on the couch.
Speaker 2: I would say yes, as long as it's less than six to eight ounces that you're having per serving. You know, you definitely don't want to, you know, go crazy, but you know it is something that's part of the Mediterranean diet as well, the tannins that are in there in the accident antioxidant properties, it's definitely beneficial compared to all other types of alcohol.
Speaker 1: We've really calmed down. We don't don't. That's what's the thing. I mean, I can't tell you. I mean, I probably drink twice a month now, and I used to be in every post my divorce, I would I would have a glass of one every day. And I think it was because in our society at the time, it was like, this is my mom juice, and this is my me time and my relaxation, and it became such a I just think every single day. And now I'm like, I don't I enjoyed having an occasional you know, glass with Alan, if we have a little date night at the house or like we'll have a date night tonight. But I mean it's maybe two three the most a month.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, And I think that's fine. And even if there's moderate, you know, mild to moderate consumption of you know, two times a week, that as long as it's that small amount is totally fine. But you know, it's definitely definitely has been shown to have a health benefits.
Speaker 1: Do you Okay? You said Tofu and I and I don't eat meat. So I'm kind of like, I have cut Tofu out altogether because it was soy and soy was linked to estrogen and is that a myth? Or like how do we feel about that? And you don't have to go crazy. I just wonder could it would give me such an opportunity to add that back in would be really beneficial. But I have cut it out because it was rumor, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and that's and and that's the perfect way of putting that that it's been rumored, there's really no direct link of let's say someone that has had hormone replacement therapy and we actually have high levels of estrogen and progesteron that those patients are exposed to. You're not exposed to those high levels when you're consuming food that has that kind of hormone derivative like tofu. So and again, everything's in moderation, right, so you're not If you're eating tofu on a daily basis, multiple meals, that risk is different than if it's part of your diet maybe once or twice a week. You're having a tofu based dish.
Speaker 1: There's a crispy tofu recipe. I've been mourning, so I'm kind of excited to go back get it. To close out, Yeah, seriously, yeah, I'm sure because I love tofu, but I can't have soy now, which is a bummer. But anyways, to kind of close out, what do you wish people knew about breast cancer?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, there's so much that I wish that people knew. But what I wish they knew was that it's preventable.
Speaker 1: That's so hope. Giving that sentence, itself is so hope giving.
Speaker 2: It is it is. There are certain cases, of course, in any extreme with any type of cancer, that it's not, But that prevention starts at home, and your body is your home, and you have to treat your body like you would treat your home, and keep it healthy and keep it safe and keep it strong, and that prevention starts with you.
Speaker 1: That is like the best advice anyone could give anyone about anything. Yeah. Absolutely, well, thank you for giving that slice of help. So we know a lot of people, I mean, you've had breast cancer in your family with you know, my mother in law actually just recently went through this, it'll be a year ago December. But early detection when in for normal mammogram, she's seventy five. They found between a zero between stage zero and one. Okay, And but by the time from the time she heard the words that it was cancer to the time she was cancer free according to doctors, six weeks. Yeah, and you know, it was crazy to you know, because it we have heard so many stories that I think she well, my high school sweetheart lost his mom to breast cancer. They found it late, it spread, you know, there's it's her lymphnodes. Is that is that correct? Yeah, and that's what ended up, you know when she it came back and it was just you know, and it's just it's so sad and there are stories to show both. But like you said, there is there is hope.
Speaker 2: There is hope. We have newer treatments right now that you know, give even advanced stage breast cancer patients hope. We're putting stage four cancer patients into remission, so we're not going to stop fighting and we're going to continue to keep getting giving our patients more options.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Well, thank you so much for coming on and giving everyone that hope. Appreciate it. Thank you all right, bye, ladies. If you're listening to this in the car right now, you don't have to lift up your shirt, but just start to give it a good old feel. And we really need you to get your boobs like your countertops. That's what I was thinking. I'm like, I'm comparing my boobs to my countertop in my head right now because I keep that thing so damn clean and spotless, and I'm like, I should be checking my boobs. I know, I'm as I can't have my husband because second he touches, so we have to just do it ourselves, you know, because that's a gateway. It is a gateway. It was like the chiropractor was saying, hey, if you could just because with my like dis bowld or whatever in my back, it's like hitting the nerves so in my butt, like if you just apply pressure. So my chiropractor was like, can you touch if you touch her butt right there, I was like, Jamison, stop it right now, because this is just it's he doesn't massage. It's two seconds and then it's like hey baby, and I'm like, get off. Everything's a gateway hashtag blessed. But also yeah, oh medical, but we keep it a little medically focused on give me five minutes off. I can't or you try that like he's like stretching and your tailbone and I was like, no, no, you're not. I am going to go find a professional. Oh okay, well god, now I'm scared about the pernuvo thing. No, I think I think it's just the radiation exposure, which is what he was. I'm such a hypercontract I just need I have such a power about something that I need to just check off. So this is where I went with the mammogram thing, and I had to ask him about the radiation exposure because I got to the point, Creamer where I was like, the stress hormones going through my body, wondering, what if yes is going to be more detrimental to me than me getting whatever amount of radiation. This is to get the peace of mind that I can just move forward. Yeah, agreed, okay, And I would agree with that for you one hundred percent. I think peace of mind. Well, you're my sweet little hypochondriac I love which I'm like a lot of hyper contract with my boobs, So now I need to start to be I need you to be a little more vibe contact with your boobs. But I do think like I think you're just gonna feel better. You don't like them be in touch, Well, that's interesting. Can we bring Alan back in? I think when he touches them, But I don't like my nipple being touched. Even with that one, I hate my nipple being touched. Wow. One of the reasons my dat brestfeed I was like, nothing, get off my nipple. And there is a headline for this one, get off my nipple is the quote I love my babies, but yeah, I just know, it's just like nails on a chalkboard. A lot of women have that, like it's not kinky to them. It is not fun to not touch my breastfeeding is like an actual issue because they don't like get touched. Yeah. Yeah, the thought of it is giving me the scorms. Okay, sorry about that, go get your But I mean, if he wants to grop it, he can grow it and he will and he did, and that's how we got room and James, everyone, thanks for tuning in. So that's the other day. We were making out and he goes, that's how you were conceived. I don't know how he says, but I was like, okay, alright, it's a little lowkward older they get okay, we're done. I really don't fight