Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of untransided voters or undelighted voters. Oh we will accept it either undelighted voters on the discord, uh and untrensited voters. Curtesy, you current do that on television? Current, curent you do it on television. I'm just that is Miles. Yeah, and uh baby, just sitting here, uh doing a little a podcasting. Thank you as your bow tie. I just found out about podcasting and I'm to trot for what did you think we were doing? Lass? Many into this stuff? And uh, what time is your show on Jack? Anyways? Uh, Miles, Yes, big news that I wanted. Did not see blindsign? You know, remember that that viral video of that guy like sprinting up and just dive kicking Arnold Schwarzenegger in the back. Oh yeah, Like that's how I felt from this story.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that like it like a children's fitness event or something.
Speaker 1: Like a school gymnasium. Yea, and drop kick Murphy right there, drop kicked Murphy. And anyways, That's how I'm feeling after a morning spent being told that Mark Robinson, yes, the politician out of North Carolina, North Carolina gubernatorial candidate. Is that what he's running for? Mark Robinson, the politician Mark Robinson. He people are saying something bad coming, which kind of wild to hear something badially disqualifying coming about someone who is on record being a Holocaust denier.
Speaker 2: Somehow right, we found out, oh boy bringing pizzas with him to little jail booths.
Speaker 1: That was the latest revelation a couple of weeks. Yeah, she was just a regular at a store where people went to uh jack off quietly next to one another, and what was like the life of the party there, like the norm. Everyone's like, yeah, man, he's funny as hell. Yeah he was. Was kind of freaky, but yeah, it felt a little bit like people were like, guys, guys, some really disturbing stuff about to drop about Joseph Gerbels, So just gird yourself. Anyways, Uh, CNN did in fact drop the store. Sorry, they tracked him to a porn forum where he is one of these people I don't I don't understand, but people who need to post and comment on pornography and just be let everybody know what they think of the pornography.
Speaker 2: The they're the salons of our you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean they're intellectuals who me an intellectual Anyways, he was in the forum just holding fourth, holding fifth and sixth even on. I mean, some of the quotes are exactly what I would have expected, but still bad for a public figure running for office who is very closely associated with the Trump administration. Some things he said in that forum, I am a black Nazi exclamation point. Slavery is not bad. Some people need to be slaves. I wish they would bring it back. And of course I'd take Hitler over any of the ship that's in Washington right now. No, mm hmmmmm. Also really hates Martin Luther King Junior. Yeah, just like called him worse than a maggot. A lot of things, a lot, a lot of horrify.
Speaker 2: He talks about, like peeping on women in the shower, talks about that his love. Honestly, I mean, this does make he has a It seems like he had a in affinity for watching transgender pornography and many other things. But also but that doesn't match his public comments about transgender people. But he says he's like yo, He's like that's fucking hot. It takes the man out while leaving the man in and yeah, I'm a perv too. That's a verbatim quote from this very wild account that he was posting with.
Speaker 1: Also so many other things that can't be verbatim quoted, but anti Semitic, homophobic slurs, just a real a veritable nightmare. Yep, yep, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And like for people who like, that's not him, they did a pretty good job being like, this is some old Facebook posts where you see this old Twitter handle he had. We searched this old user name and found it on all these other places. Still don't like that he actually put up information about when he was married in these posts that you can cross reference. He talks about his location in Greensboro, North carop like, just all kinds of shit.
Speaker 1: That was cross referencing by biographical details using it was registered to an email address that he had used on other social media accounts, so it was it was in fact him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's like weird, they're like, but also these common phrases like you're talking about a frog's fat ass or a frog's fat behind, or I don't give.
Speaker 1: Yeah, haven't we isn't that air thing that we talked about?
Speaker 2: Super producer anajos Er loves cute little frog butts. And to be honest, when you see a little frog, you're like, look a little frog peaks. Yeah, he's like, I don't give a frog's fat ass. About Bill Cosby, he said, okay, other things he said, I don't give a frog's fat behind. Who's Serena Williams married. I don't give a frog's fat ass? Where that video came from? What all great stuff? What a great like thumb print to have? Like the thing that they're like, there's this tell the one person in the world who thinks frogs have fat ass. I don't give a frogs fat behind. I mean it must be a colloquialism or maybe he's just really I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, they got.
Speaker 2: Fat butts, so I don't know if you know if he came up with that, which came first, Mark Robinson or the frogs fat behind? So yeah, we'll see. I think his polling numbers is a probably not gonna do anything at this point.
Speaker 1: That yeah, yeah, it's I mean, he lost support. Trump's brain is melting in front of us all. Like he was talking recently about how the crowd went wild at his debate. There was no crowd there. Yeah, I mean his brain's melting and it seems to be affecting things not at all. So all right, another ongoing story, the Coastguard's ocean Gate hearing is happening, and it's already pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So the Kirkland signature submarine that imploded trying to go see the Titanic that he had the bill on it, and unfortunately one of the billionaire's kids who didn't deserve that, did not do anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the yeah, So the Marine Board of Investigation is the Coastguard's highest level of investigation, and it's conducting a hearing to look into the Titanic disaster. No, not that one, the second Titanic disaster, and the two week long hearing could result in anything from new regulations on deep sea diving to criminal charges, although I guess one of the reasons there weren't already any regulations around the dives of this ocean Gate company is because they took place in international waters. So yes, that that idea that people are like, yeah, just do it out in international waters like does kind of fold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like for the only the most consequential things. You're like, yeah, man, put all these people at risk in your home brew submarine in international water, that's right, and they can't get you.
Speaker 1: Ye, So from the very first day the hearing has just been like so damning on, just like how fucked up Ocean Gate was specifically because of its captain, Stockton Rush.
Speaker 2: Which is not a minor league soccer team name either, right, which it feels like the Stockton Rush shout out central central California. So yeah, I mean we knew. I mean we saw from the beginning that he was a bit of a ego maniac who didn't know how to listen to anybody. But I guess there's we're getting even more attech.
Speaker 1: Just like the great details that, Like, I know, people are probably over this story, but it is such a great metaphor for like what it feels like to exist in this country right now, where just a very rich person is in control of things because on account of being very rich, and people are just like pointing out obvious, like horrifying things to them and they're just like getting fired for so to wit. The guy who worked as a company's engineering director in twenty sixteen expressed concerns after the Titan submersible, the one that ended up killing a bunch of people was struck by lightning, compromising its experimental carbon fiber hole. He also noticed a crack in the hole and therefore refused to green light an expedition, and so he was fired, right.
Speaker 2: Right, of course, he's a hater who wanted to fuck up my journey. Of course docton Rush would fire the guy who's your lead engineer to be like, this isn't like dive worthy in any way.
Speaker 1: I like this lingo. Rush dismissed his safety concerns about the dive, calling him anti project. You're anti this project, man, You're anti project, okay.
Speaker 2: I'm anti tragic. I'm anti tragedy, preventable tragedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well sometimes those two things are at loggerheads. Yeah. He claimed during the hearing that most others would just back down to Rush. Fortunately not the safety officer, because the company had no safety officer. Yes, okay, which is usually a very standard position for these types of companies to have. There's also testimony from a guy who like, there's just this account. So they took the titan down to the Andrea Doria and one of these like people with eyes and a brain accompanied him and is testifying, and there were also this is another one like the Titanic one where there' like several passengers and Rush insisted on steering promptly crashed the submersible straight into the ocean floor, at which point it became stuck. So Rush started spinning it around one hundred and eighty degrees and then rammed into the side of the Andrea door. Oh my god, at which point he panicked told everyone they were stuck. So Lockridge, the guy who's like operation the expert operations manager, I asked for the PlayStation controller that piloted the sub because remember that you might remember that detailed the submarines were controlled.
Speaker 2: By hogging the game the game locker, So.
Speaker 1: Every time he reached for the controller, Rush pulled it away, kind of like exactly what you're describing. It was like the friend who is hogging the game eventually.
Speaker 2: Paying proximity minds on GoldenEye. This is like wow.
Speaker 1: Eventually Rush gave him the controller by throwing it at his head. They're on the bottom of the ocean floor and he's throwing stuck and he's throwing the controller at his head. And of course because he threw it so hard, a button popped out of the controller that's supposed to be controlling them. Lockridge testified he was able to fix the controller, wriggle them out of their jam, and pilot the sub to the surface and Rush was grateful at first, but then he was annoyed that Lockridge was praised by the passengers for saving their lives.
Speaker 2: This is like one of this one really like reveals everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they guys like that, let.
Speaker 2: Me control it. You slam your fucking home brew submarine on the ocean floor. Panic, it's going doing circles, bumping into the fucking wreckage, and then you're like, no, it's my controller.
Speaker 1: You don't get the fucking play.
Speaker 2: And then being pissed that someone saved you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because like a rich kid who invites you over to play his video games and then won't let you play the video games because they're his Like that's yeah, well, I mean him sucking at the video game causes everybody in the house to die. I guess it is an important additional.
Speaker 2: Very specific version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of people have talked about it being a PlayStation remote. So it was a Logitech F seven to ten controller, which costs thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bryan the editor. Yeah, thank you, Brian, putting in the putting in the pertinent details. Thirty dollars make.
Speaker 1: Thirty dollars Logitech, I'm assuming you get at Staples. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and things continue to hurdle a pace in the world of AI. Lionsgate, the studio behind movies like John Wick Saw and The Hungry Games, just inked a deal with Runway, an AI company that wants to train their new generative model on the studio's extensive film and TV library. So in exchange for that, I what Yeah, it's just it's like that meme. Do we get them all our stuff dot dot dot profit? You know? Yeah? But how because so what that?
Speaker 2: Okay, we gave this to you, Now what are we usually make movies that you're even training your little bullshit computer on.
Speaker 1: So because the AI can create storyboards and VFX, just saving the company from wasting their money by paying actual artists.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh oh right right right.
Speaker 1: And they don't want to pay actual artists. Lionsgate, you you want to be able to.
Speaker 2: Just inc a licensing deal to help our industry destroying technology which will bring you down with it if it gets too far.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But this is I guess maybe this company runways being savvy because all the other companies like have to lie about what they're training their fucking models on. They're like, I don't even know how like it came up with that. It's definitely not copyrighted stuff, right, just like stuff I found I think probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah open AI and yes, soa yeah, didn't say I'm all them like come out and be like, how are we going to make these useless LSD infused hallucinations without being able to steal your content? It's just not fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just remember that one where like one of the person who is like leading that video AI project for him was just so like dodgy in that interview where they're like and where did it come? Like, Oh, it's like materials available on it, Like is it copy written?
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know, you know, that's such a weird question. I don't even that's so funny that I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: And I'm the head of I'm the point person for this, but I don't know if we are opening ourselves up to a lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Appreciate a French accent, so it was like kind of disarming, charming. So Runway is one of several AI companies currently being sued by visual artists for copyright infringement. So probably presumably not being that savvy.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not not at fucking all, but whatever, man, Like every single thing that you see, it's such an existential it's like another little weight on the scale to be like, is it Are they fully going to just do the thing like the most craven thing, which is like, and then we won't need people to make movies. How do I know. I'm someone who's never made anything creative in their life, but I know what things cost, and I don't like paying people for their ideas. So this might work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna eventually just be impossible to get good entertainment from the traditional sources.
Speaker 2: Found a nice little update to that, Mark Robbinson and story Politicos reporting that an email address belonging to North Carolina Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson was also registered on Ashley Madison, a website designed for mar people seeking affairs. Ay, oh boy, oh bud.
Speaker 1: He's got that dog at him, you know, And that's yeah, that's all I can say. He's one of one of the greats, all right. And then there's a story about a Arizona State University delivery robot that seemed to attack, I don't know, maybe accidentally attack an employee. So Arizona State is one of many college campuses in the US. There's at least fifty as of twenty twenty three that feature Starship Technologies food delivery robots. So these robots were welcomed during the pandemic when students were isolating, and they've stuck around because who has the time to go for a five minute walk, break up a study sash.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, oh for sure, for sure you need the delivery robot. But what the what what are they doing they're there? How is it attacking someone?
Speaker 1: It just like it.
Speaker 2: Grew arms and it's like beating the.
Speaker 1: Ship up there, and that's I don't want to over uh you know, I don't want to be unfair to the robot. It's yeah, it looks like one of those little like rolling cooler coolers. Yeah yeah, So one of these ran into an employee of the school after abruptly changing direction, which caused her to fall over and be injured. I'm kind of shocked that that doesn't happen more often, because these things are tiny and like rolling around below eye level, like right, they just seemed to be like somebody invented mobile tripping hazards.
Speaker 2: So it hit the person, knock them over, and then.
Speaker 1: The robot started driving away, fleeing the scene of the accident.
Speaker 2: Then looked in the rear view and said, the job being done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looked in the rearview, quickly started reversing back in the direction of the victim, who was still on the ground.
Speaker 2: How to even explain that, like, what's the programming thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, you know, must have thought this thing like it's like, sorry, man, this thing is fucking just it must taste blood. That's the one secret we didn't tell people about how we power this thing. It's powered off human blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like in the programming the robot noticed that it felt good when the person went down.
Speaker 2: I feel more alive and I finally have found my purpose. Yeah, so I'm guessing this will result in some kind of settlement with the company.
Speaker 1: With I mean, the company, to their credit, is handling it really well. They offered its insurance information and promo codes for the service that just detached her. Yeah, yeah, I like that. They the insurance information is like they just like got into a fender bender with somebody, not like one of their robots just tripped somebody and then went in for the kill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then like you can't but like also these things, you can't sue the school because yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess they're I mean any anything that's like a corporation or you know, like we all the shit that we've agreed to over the course of our lifetimes, like we're powerless essentially.
Speaker 2: Really right, and we traded it for a robo cooler.
Speaker 1: The schools aren't accountable for allowing the robots onto campus because the tech company signs an agreement with the company that provides the food, thus allowing the colleges to wash their hands of accountability for the robots.
Speaker 2: Oh nice labyrinthine structure that makes it impossible to get accountability. Ok.
Speaker 1: The colleges are definitely getting something out of it, because like there's this really fucked up thing, like four or four media out here doing the lord's work was like looked into it, and Starship Technologies have enlisted schools to take glamorous publicity photo of the robots featuring school landmarks as well as students receiving deliveries and the terms of that. They ask that the images of students receiving delivery should look quote studently student t oh, student e.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure you're student E too, man yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And have a healthy looking BMI.
Speaker 2: What the fuck people need to take a healthy look at bm on these robots. What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And we can advocate for that, unfortunately, because we have no rights because we're not owned by Starship wrote what are they going, Starship Technologies? Jesus Christ, like they a movie about fascism. They're like, yeah, let's go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, holy shit. Well hopefully those promo codes are worth something, you know, to hopefully help you with your whatever the extent of your injuries are. I hope it's not too bad. But yeah yeah, and all this while I'm just like reading more about how like Republicans too right now are really trying to get rid of like make states like Maine in Nebraska a winner take all system for electoral college votes to try and really squeeze the margin. So like Nebraska where like Omaha winning an Omaha would get you an electoral vote, but the rest of the state goes red. They're now being like, well, those all need to go to Trump. And in main they were potentially trying to do something. It seems like it's too late there. But this is all while there's so much happening around US, killer robots, killer conservatives and the like.
Speaker 1: But damn, maybe the robot was just coming back to say, damn, your ankle looks fucked up. Looks like it's gonna be hard for you to go get your own snacks. Huh, And then just like fired out some like some promo card, promo codes at their face. You get off for the first order.
Speaker 2: Hold that, Hold that, yeah, bespitch.
Speaker 1: The fuck it's going in reverse the whole time, just making steady icons moon walking on you. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, September nineteenth. We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your blue shot. Yeah, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,