Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Watch Driving in the Great Episode two seventy. Apologies for the late start today, so we'll get right to it. Here's what missed the cut. Two rookie quarterbacks getting to start Drake May that was inevitable, it was gonna happen eventually, and Spencer Ratler stepping in for Derek Carr after he suffered it suffered an oblique injury at the hands of the Chiefs Defense on Monday Night. Raf A Nadol, my favorite tennis player of all time, set to retire in November, and I hadn't seen this news Demanse, but Lebron is set to co chair the met Gala, which is sneaky massive news in the right household because Met Gala tables, Like you get a table at the met Gala, it's like hundreds of thousands of dollars just a ticket if you can. They're not really for sale, but like maybe you can get a single ticket because it's charity donation. It's like forty to fifty grand. And your mom has always wanted to go. It's the highest fashioned night of the year and a Winter of Vogue gets her event and every year she's like, do you think we can get ticket? And every year I'm like, no, we can't. But if Lebron's co chairing it, I might. I might know some people that know some people, and so I saw that just a moment ago, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: That could be let's let's sponsoring it basically like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if sponsor would be the sponsors probably the right word, but maybe the wrong definition. Yeah, Like the chair is the one of the people in charge of the event that year, so you know what I mean. So he's one of the people in charge of the next met Gala. I hadn't seen that news. Yeah, I mean I I might be able to. I mean, that's that's that's legitimately exciting news. All right, we're gonna do a little Royals Yankees here for ninety seconds. It's why I'm wearing the Royal jersey. Then we'll get the football, So de Monse, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the Yankees went up to one against your Royals last night. Unfortunately, is the series over? And secondly, what did you think of Mahomes talking stuff in the box up there?
Speaker 2: All right? The series isn't over. Listen, the Yankees are supposed to win this series. I believe the Royals were going to win this series because I thought they were gonna win games two and three. I thought Reagan's and Lugo they were gonna win those two matchups, and because of that, the Royals would be fine. However, they lost Game three and now they're up against it, and so it looks like I was paused for a moment. De Monse, I think I'm back now. Sorry for the YouTube stream folks. So now they're up against it now, Garrett Cole against Michael Waka. That's not great. And if the Yankees win, I hope the Yankees go on to the World Series. Nothing against the Guardians or the Tigers, but it's good for baseball. And these playoffs have been unbelievable, and the Dodgers staving off elimination last night. Dodgers Padres has been great. And then the Mets, this unbelievable Mets run. If we could get well, we're gonna get Mets. Dodgers or Mets Padres. Either of those series is compelling, and then we'll see who wins. Guardians, Tigers and Yankees Royals. But the Royals are right now in a rough spot. But as evidenced by me wearing the jersey, I think they can they play Listen. They got call out of the game in Game one, they scored enough runs to win that game. They need Michael Waka to be better than he was in Game one. They need their bats to finally come alive. There are two things, though, I want to say about this series. I understand everyone is killing my guy, Bob Costas, who I've known since I was ten years old, who was so kind to me when I was a little boy and throughout my kind teenage years. So I'm not going to uh jump on the eye the costas hate train, I'm not gonna do it. With that said, the TVs broadcast has to be better, just has to be better. The first run of the game was scored yesterday, and it was like they were pressing random buttons on which camera to take. It made you we missed the run crossing the plate, we missed the throw at second, we missed all of it. And in the third inning they spent an entire half inning interviewing George Brett from the stands. I'm from Kansas City, George Brett pri Mahomes was the greatest athlete in the history of my hometown, and I didn't want a ten minute George Brett interview during a playoff baseball. So that's just gotta be better. The kind of viral moment of the night, and it actually feeds very well to Mond's in two Hour Jets topic. It was Mahomes in the in the suite after the Royals scored, getting in a Yankee fan's face who was clearly one of his buddies. There's no reason for most people to know who that guy is, but that guy's Garrig Dieter, who is probably Mahomes's best friend. Certainly one of his best friends, who was a practice squad bottom of the roster receiver for the Chiefs when Mahomes was getting started. And what I find interesting is this, that is Patrick Mahomes the best player, most should be, most powerful player in the entire sport. The Chiefs, obviously the last couple of years, have had massive turnover at the receiver position, bringing Juju back, elevating potentially Justin Ross, bringing mccol hardman, and guess what, Garrick Deeter, God love him not on the roster. You know why, because even though he's Mahomes' best buddy and the team needs bodies and it's a position of weakness, Mahomes has not been like, hey, guys, listen, just put him back on the team cuz he's not meddling in the affairs of the front office because he understands my job is to play quarterback, not to get my pals gigs. With that said, let's go to the New York Jets, a saga that continues, and who last year when Aaron Rodgers got their Randall Cobb got a job out of it, Tim Boyle got a job out of it, and Alan Lazard got forty million dollars out of it, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So a few days ago Robert Salah obviously got fired, and you question if Aaron Rodgers would do the hit with mgafee or not yesterday, and he ended up doing it. And he went on there and said, it's interesting the amount of power that people think that I have, which I don't. You've called him the most disingenuous athlete of your lifetime. How much power do you think Rogers actually has within the organization?
Speaker 2: Well, I think he obviously is the most powerful player in the entire sport right now. It's undeniable. And listen, I give Rogers credit. And he tricked like he he halfway tricked Kevin Wilds. Rogers is incredibly talented at being a total, complete bullshit artist but saying it in a tone of voice and a level of sincerity that makes you want to believe him. But his track record and the circumstantial evidence make it basically impossible for you to believe him in those circumstances. And so what I see from Aaron Rodgers in this And by the way, there is break news now today about Jeff Olbrick came out today and said not Hackett has been basically replaced. They're letting him keep his title as offensive coordinator, but they said Todd Downing was going to take over play calling and game planning, which is the job of the offensive coordinator, and so that is I think they're not. I think I know because I saw it. Some Jets apologists are like, well, this should put to bed the notion that Sala was fired because Rogers wanted to protect protect his guy, not Hackett. Doesn't put to bed that notion at all. For the record, Like, and I give Jeff Olbrick a lot of credit because olbric obviously is a solid guy. And if they if it's almost like your last order as a king, like it should be honored by whoever takes over after you, unless he thinks it's totally out of line. We know that Robert Sala thought what was best for the New York Jets was Todd Downing take over play calling and game planning. That was his plan. He then gets whacked by Woody and then his deputy, he gets elevated, says no, that's still the plan. But I just I we have spent and we talked Rogers and Sala's firing on Tuesday because the news broke right before the show. Right, that was Tuesday. We did it on the pod, didn't we. Yeah, Okay, it was Tuesday, And yeah because because Rogers pushed back his McAfee appearance from Tuesday to Wednesday, and that's where we saw it. So we don't have to spend a ton of time on that today. Uh. But it is truly unbelievable in the literal sense, meaning it cannot be believed that Woody Johnson called Aaron Rodgers Monday night and that phone call neither had any impact on his decision to fire Robert Salah, nor did the fact that Woody was leaning that way or was going to do that ever come up. It's just not believable. And I would also say this if that here's the other reason, and this is where it's not that hard to see through the bullshit on this, but it just take an extra moment to ponder it. If Aaron's story is a truthful one, he actually should be furious if Woody Johnson, who Aaron's own telling, only calls him a few times because McAfee to his credit, and i'll give McAfee credit. McAfee asked a couple of questions that I wanted the answer to, and one of them was like, do you talk to Woody after every game? Do you talk to Woody a lot? That is an important note here, And the answer was no, Well, you know, he calls me occasionally. And he mentioned he called me after I tore my achilles. Well, I would think so he called me when I was rehabbing, and then he calls me last night or Monday night, I should say if I'm Aaron Rodgers and the head of my company calls me, which is a rare occurrence, and then and gives me no indication and no heads up that he is making a drastic, almost unprecedented move. We've ever seen a head coach fired at two and three, five games into a year. It doesn't happen. Guys who get fired this early into a year they're zero to five or one and four. So the idea that what the story Aaron is telling is one that if it were true, he should be furious with Woody Johnson, even if he wanted Salah out, because it's like, you gotta give me a heads up. And so some people feel obligated to give people the benefit of the doubt. And not say this person is lying. I feel obligated to give people the benefit of the doubt that have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rogers playing games with words and phrases and trying to say things that aren't outright lies but wildly misleading. He has a track record of doing exactly that, and so no, I just think he's full of it. And also on the Jets side of things, I think that this will not Nothing the Jets have done gives me any reason to believe they are going to be any better. Jeff Olbrick is a Robert Salaz guy. And again for the folks on YouTube, I apologize the videos freezing occasionally, but the audio is sticking with us. Now we're back on the video side. So I don't think that all of a sudden Jeff Oulbrick is going to fix things that were wrong with the team. I mean, maybe he will, but he's a first time ever head coach, and the defense had been quite good, and Todd Downing does not have the track record of offensive genius. The last team he coordinated was the Titans in twenty one and twenty two. That's his only history as an offensive coordinator. And the biggest problem with the Jets offense is they still have a substandard offensive line and they have an immobile quarterback that will not acquiesce to modern NFL trends of play action movement before the snap motion. And he still thinks he can just rely on his raw natural talent, which he cannot do. And so no, I don't think this fixes the Jets. I don't think the Jets are fine, and I do not believe Aaron Rodgers was blindsided by the firing of Robert salad If.
Speaker 3: He also asked him straight up, and he danced around that question, Yes, were you surprised, I mean by the firing of solid Like were you in the locker room surprised? And he never answered the question straight up, like he went into a theme. And then McAfee asked again at the end, were you surprised, and he was like, well, I was in the training room getting my leg.
Speaker 2: Takes training room correct, Yeah, and yeah he talked about he was like it was like John Wick at the when he got the you know, ex communicado. Yeah, I mean again, I don't think Rogers likes outright line. So you know, he didn't say just think about it, and I can just go through a few that come off the top of my head. I'm immunized. He didn't say I'm vaxed. He said I'm immunized, right, which is that he said, I'm I went into that dark room ninety percent retired as opposed to saying like nobody knows what's in your head. You could just say when I went in the dark room, I was certain I was retiring. But no, he was like, no, ninety percent or retired. Uh, you know, the I never spoke. I forget the exact thing he said about the GM guten Kuns, but he was like, you know, he never contacted me and guden Kuns like I called him a bunch of times. He's like, oh, cell service. I meant FaceTime me. You never FaceTime. So there's a lot you know what I mean. The there's a lot of you know, what was up with you in Salah on the sideline when you shoved him? And he's like, oh, I was just saying two scores, which I do believe he was saying too.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know, put your head coach after a score.
Speaker 2: That's oh yeah, I mean, it's it's unbelievable and and so the it's just a lot of like playing with word phrases. Yeah, it's either lying by omission or lying by implication, but not an outright what you know what I mean one hundred percent? I you know I this store is called printage when it's called trentage, like, no, that's a lie is a and so like that was not a great example, by the way, but I don't know why I used that. But nothing quite as black and white, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, so the dynamic duo or not duo, Lamar Jackson and Jade and Daniels are facing up against each other and a lot of people have been comparing them. But Daniels says he doesn't like the comps. We'll get out the colte board. He says, we're two different players. I want to be known as Jaden and Daniels and not the next such and such. All right, but for podcasting sakes, we're going to compare them just one last time. Do you see any similarities or differences between these two quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Oh, listen, I think Lamar's a hell of a lot sturdier. I think Jaden oddly. So it's weird because Lamar was his rookie year or his first year as a starter, I should say not his rookie year. So his second year he had amazing passing numbers. But Jaden seems to be a more fluid natural passer early in his career. But here's the thing, and we got to do like a better job of this in the media. Guys don't want to be comped to guys they're competing with. I think they want you know, you'd want to be comped to this, wouldn't you know, to a retired quarterback or a quarterback very close to retirement. So Caleb, you know what I mean? Caleb would is like everyone's like, oh, you like Mahomes. He's like, no, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, because yes, he might be competing with those guys, but those guys are, you know, a full generation removed. And so I wonder how Jaden would feel if people, and maybe people have done this and I haven't seen it, if they compared him to Mike Vick. You know what I mean. My guess is he'd like he'd even though he's a far better passer than Mike was, Uh, he'd probably.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that to some degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so it's just it's a weird spot where the it's like, no, I'm trying to be better in this guy. I'm trying to beat this guy. Here's what I will say for this weekend. Both of these quarterbacks should have monster games. Both of these pass defenses stink. Like Now, Baltimore could ruin this by just going, uh, you know, ground and pound, but I don't know. I mean, they do that at times and it's effective, but sometimes they like to just let Lamargo cook. I'm yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the tell the commanders are scoring, they're gonna have to fight back.
Speaker 2: I think it will be issued out right, and so the listen. I don't bet totals just because I don't enjoy the I don't enjoy rooting for totals and watching it that way. And I don't bet, you know, as like a real income source. I bet to enhance my enjoyment of watching football, and because I think I can be sharp at it. By the way, gambling show coming up in a few minutes, and by the when we do that, hopefully we get the video stuff squared. But the total for this game is fifty one and a half. This is an over. I do like and I know that that's kind of probably a square over and again that's not an official pick, but this feels like a game where one team's in the thirties and the other teams in the twenties. And that's a recipe for over fifty one and a half. All right, next, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's hard to jump ship when you know there's these teams are good, but San Francisco is a risk of falling two and four tonite versus the NFC West leading Seahawks, and Cincinnati's already one and four, and Burrow came out and said that this isn't a championship team. Is there anything short of mathematical elimination or injury that would make you write these teams off?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so listen, we're gonna get to San Francisco Seattle in the pick segment in a moment, so I'll save that. If Cincinnati loses this weekend, I'm writing them off. If Cincinnati loses to the New York Giants after losing that level of heartbreaker, I'm writing them off. But with Burrow playing as well as he is, and with the schedule softening for Cincinnati and they haven't had that tough of a schedule as is, but they've got some super winnable games. I just think that there's a very real chance they're four and four heading into the rematch with Baltimore. So if they lose to the Giants, they're cooked. But for the Bengals, the reason I won't say they're totally cooked is we just saw him play Baltimore to the final moment. They have between now and Baltimore. The Giants, the Browns and philip I'm sorry, the Giants, the Browns, Philadelphia and the Raiders. So Browns and Raiders are two of the worst teams in football. The Giants, I think they're better than and you guys know I'm not high on Philadelphia. So I'm not gonna say a team that's one and four is gonna go four and oh but can they go three and one and all of a sudden befour and five headed into a rematch with Baltimore. Absolutely, and so I'm not writing off Cincinnati yet, but they have to win this weekend for me to keep them alive. We'll talk Niner Seahawks next. Take next, take a quick break, try to fix the video, and do our five Week six gambling show, which is right hot. Demanse hasn't lost a teaser since I've been forty years old, and I just gave out a four to one weekend. We'll do it all next. What's right? Hey, guys, welcome back in What's Driving the Great? Episode two seventy. Before we get to our week six picks, I want to remind you, guys, my friends at Brooks sent me the new Glycerin Max. These shoes are new and the first of their kind for Brooks. Let me tell you they're amazing, comfortable, stylish, leave my legs feeling great after a long run. These shoes feature DNA tuned, which integrates two types of nitrogen infuse cushioning into one seamless tuned mid soul plus a glide roll rocker helps make each step feel effortless. Elevate your running journey as you land with maximum softness and spring forward with ultimate ease. With the new Glycerin Max. I love feeling like I can run forever in these shoes. In fact, tomorrow before the TV show, I mean whatever, I'm I maybe in my suit because the my producer hubs thinks that I doubts the level of training I've been doing. I'm gonna in the gliscer and Max is in my suit run a timed mile around New York City because he insanely doesn't think I can run an eight minute mile. So I'm gonna be doing that in these Brooks glitcerinmax shoes. Head over to Brooks Running dot com to learn more about the shoes, not about my stupid bets with my producers. All right, Deman's it's been a while since we had one of these where I have a great week end where you win the teaser, where it's there's very very little. I'm looking at it like, oh escaped or got lucky. We were on the right side of these games. So if my four and one last week season record now for me a profitable thirteen eleven and one, and here are the picks. Last week, Minnesota minus two and a half in London against the Jets, handicapped that perfectly. They were up seventeen to nothing, a little nervous at the end when the Jets could steal it, but never it out. Arizona plus seven and a half at San Francisco. They had a field goal block returned for a touchdown, threw another pick, still one outright, Miami plus one at New England. I understand that. You know at the end, all they almost got that touchdown, did New England? Yes, But even if they got that touchdown, a push was alive because it was fifteen to ten a touchdown, there were to put New England up sixteen fifteen. That's a must go for two spot, but they didn't get the touchdown. Kent City minus five and a half against New Orleans, the Chiefs throw a pick at the one yard line. Still cover with these and then the bad one Seattle minus six and a half against the Giants. Seattle lost outright. This has been the year of the big dog covering the dogs of six and a half or more insane this year against spread with a bunch of outright wins. So that was dumb of me to go with them. But it was a four and one weekend. Were profitable on the year. And what you're gonna see this week, demanse I am going all underdogs, all five picks, five underdogs. We are starting with tonight. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: First off, you've got Seattle plus three and a half versus San Francisco.
Speaker 2: All right, what does anything I'm putting you on the spot here, and so I apologize, uh so because you might not remember. But if I were to say to you, what was the single worst game of brock Perty's career, the hint I would give you is it ended his MVP candidacy last year. It was a huge game. It was Oh, this is a tough one though, because you might not have seen it because it was on Christmas Day. So it was on Christmas Day and you were with your people in Los Angeles. So I'll just say it. I didn't realize it was Do you have a guess or do you have any recollection?
Speaker 3: And no, I mean I get my guess would be it was against Seattle.
Speaker 2: No, so it wasn't against Seattle. It was against Baltimore. But Bolteahmore's head coach, Baltimore's defensive coordinator is now Seattle's head coach, Mike McDonald. You put rock Perty in the blender to the tune of four interceptions of forty two passer rating ended his MVP candidacy. So we're in a spot tonight where Seattle's at home, they're getting more than a field goal. Seattle feels sick about what happened last week now, so does San Francisco. San Francisco still doesn't have Christian McCaffrey, and whether Perty would admit it or not, a little little anxious about how he's played lately, particularly in second halves. Now. San Francisco historically over the last couple of years has dominated Seattle, including in a playoff game. But that's one of the reasons I think Seattle moved off Pete Carroll was they needed a defense that could deal with Shanahan's offense. Gino nine and four against the spread of night games, and the Niners have not covered their last six games against the spread against teams above five hundred. I think Seattle absolutely can win this game out right, and even if they don't, if the Niners get a late lead, I do not think Kyle is going to risk, you know, putting the ball in danger because of how they lost last week. I think They're gonna get super conservative and just try to get out of there with a win. So Seattle plus three and a half, and I think Gino and these receivers against that Niners pass defense can cook dk JSN, Tyler Lockett. So I like Seattle getting three and a half in this spot. Home divisional game short week, Seattle plus three and a half, next.
Speaker 3: Cash it Washing, Washing, Washington plus six and a half at Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So to me, this is this is purely the season has been. These big favorites aren't covering, and I don't trust Baltimore's past defense, and I think I think this is a game that I think Baltimore leads by four to ten points throughout, but that Washington's always hovering around to cover and the back door covers going to be there for him. Also, Lamar and the Ravens don't cover big spreads. Last three years, seven and eighteen against the spread when favored by more than three. And now everybody I think at this point knows the Lamar's career against the NFC. He's twenty one to one against the NFC straight up, but he's eleven and eleven against the spread. And so I think that was I like fading teams coming off overtime. Washington blew out their opponent last week so they could take it easy in the fourth quarter. Baltimore needed a fourth quarter comeback and then overtime, super emotional, important victory. So again this is not saying Washington is beating the Ravens. I don't think they're gonna beat the Ravens. It is saying, this feels to me like a thirty one to twenty seven type of football game. Of course, I would love to get seven and all risk losing the half point in that it goes down to six. I won't actually bet this until Sunday morning with the hope that I can get the full seven, but the pick right now will get locked at Washington plus six and a half. Big favorites not covering high octane game. I like Washington. Your thoughts on that, Demons before we move on, because I know you like both these teams, and I know the Ravens are your squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and that with that spread, I'm definitely not taking Baltimore minus the points. If I were go either way, it'd be with the Commanders both high flying or you know, fast paced offenses. Yeah, I definitely take the dog there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Next next, you've got Cleveland plus nine and a half at Philly.
Speaker 2: All right, So Cleveland got blown out last week and Philly's coming off a bye. Philly coming off a bye. I don't know if it's as good as people think and Cleveland getting blown out last week is actually good historically for teams covering. Teams that get blown out and then are big dogs the next week typically cover those spreads. I also think Philly is benefiting from the fact that we didn't see them play recently. So Philly, we saw them blow a game against Atlanta unspeakable. We then saw them almost lose but escape with a win against New Orleans, and at the time people were like, oh, well that's a good win. New Orleans is good. No, they're not New Orleans is who I told you guys they were. And then we saw them get a rematch of the team that put them out of the playoffs last year in Tampa Bay and get absolutely whacked. But they had a bye week, so I think people are forgetting how down everyone was on Philadelphia Hurts. The last eight times he's been a favorite of more than seven has covered one of them. And Hurts had been historically grade at home, but his zero to four against the spread in his last four home starts this quite simply in the Year of the underdog. Covering is I think the biggest spread of the season so far. And you guys know how I feel about Deshaun Watson and the Browns offense, and that all that stands. I'm just not I think Philadelphia is going to miss the playoffs. So I think Philadelphia is a C team and Cleveland is a D team, and I'm getting nine and a half points. And there's always the chance that for some reason Jamis Winston comes in the game, and in which case Cleveland could win the football game. Like Philadelphia is a quarterback change away from being a legit I'm sorry, Cleveland is a quarterback change away from being a legitimate football team. So I'll grab the nine and a half points.
Speaker 3: Next Arizona plus five and a half at green Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. So this is another one where I don't think the gap between these teams is as big as Vegas does. Like green Bay coaching masterclass for them to get those wins over the Colts and the Titans with Malik Willis, But I thought they looked bad for stretches in that Vikings game before the Furies comeback, and I did not think they looked great against a totally beat down Rams team. And so now you're playing a Cardinals team that offensively is starting to figure some things out in the running game, and I'm getting like I'm getting five and a half points. This certainly feels like this could be twenty four to twenty. Green Bay could be like last week twenty four to twenty three Arizona and Kyler in his career as a dog twenty seven and sixteen against the spread and as a road dog of more than four eleven, three and two against the spread. And so I just I think Arizona right now is a touch undervalued, and I think green Bay right now is a touch overvalued. I think the line here should be green Bay minus three. I think that is a fair line given how both these teams are playing. I'm getting five and a half. So I'll take Arizona plus five and a half and don't be shocked if Arizona wins this game outright and all of a sudden. One of the narratives coming out of Week six is, oh, is Kyler Murray fully back and by full like Kyler Murray a couple of years ago pre contract when they started like nine to zero? Is that version of Kyler Murray back? And I'm not saying it's panic time demons about Jordan Love, but Jordan Love's got to put a full game together. He's got to put a full, good game together. He's he's yet to do that, and he did in that Rams game. They were able to get away with it. But Demons, he went full Will Levice. Never go full Will Levis. You just can't do it. That was an impresive pick. I mean it was. It was really a remarkable pick, all right, last one?
Speaker 3: So you got Carolina plus six and a half versus Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I again, and I understand Carolina is brutal. You are, That's fair. I mean, Carolina might be the worst team in the league, and their losses this year have all been blowouts. They lost to the Saints by thirty seven, the Chargers by twenty three, the Bengals by ten, the Bears by twenty six. Okay, so I understand that part of it, and they all, you know, they do have one win obviously over the Raiders. Here is why I like Carolina. Here, I think there is going to be an element of Atlanta, a little high on its own supply, a little foot off the gas element to them in that they stole that win. They escaped with that win against the Saints. They then escaped with a win against Tampa in overtime after they had seem lost the game twice. That game was back on Thursday, so you get the mini by you're feeling good, Kirk, you know throws for five hundred. You have maybe the worst team in the league coming up. Do I think they're going to be one hundred percent fully locked? Do I think that there's a chance they have a little look ahead to Seattle? Tampa Dallas is their next stretch of games. And do I think this could be a game demanse where Carolina you know, you see on red zone you're like, oh, Scott Hansen pops on. It's like and the Panthers are up ten to nothing and the rest of the game is Atlanta clawing its way back in to ultimately win. I do feel that way, and so I again, I don't think Carolina is gonna win, but I think this could be a twenty to seventeen Atlanta win where Carolina, you know what I mean, is a little more focused, little more desperate team early and then Atlanta slowly chips away. So I'll take the six and a half points. This is another one just for people that are betting with me. I'd rather risk losing the six and a half and it going to six with the possibility of it going up to seven. So I'll wait till Sunday morning to bet this, but right now Carolina plus six and a half. So here are the five picks, all dogs, four of them big dogs. Seattle at home tonight getting three and a half against San Francisco, Washington getting six and a half at Baltimore, Cleveland getting nine and a half at Philly, Arizona getting five and a half at Green Bay, and Carolina getting six and a half at home against Atlanta. We're thirteen eleven and one on the year. We're still chasing that elusive five and zero. But you know what, I won't be greedy. I'll take four and one. I'll take four and one and be a nice seventeen twelve and one on the year, give myself a big cushion once we're approaching, you know, kind of the one third mark of the season. All right, speaking of getting profitable, Demons a week away from evening up his teaser record take us through last week.
Speaker 3: Bell, Yeah, there reminds me. I don't know if I've ever been five hundred on the teasers and my two years or.
Speaker 2: Three No, I do know you haven't, probably because last year I think you've lost nine in a row.
Speaker 3: So last week it was the two teams seven and a half point teaser at minus one sixty three Cincinnati plus ten obviously cash versus Baltimore and in the Indiana plus ten against Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the teams, but the Colts, the Colts plus ten at the Jags that cash as well. Uh So this week we're gonna do another seven and a half point teaser at minus one.
Speaker 2: Sixty three, one sixty Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm gonna tease Houston up to basically a pick them at plus half point at New England, and then we're gonna do Washington plus fourteen at Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling pretty good about that. I think Washington will probably be covering the entire game, and I expect Houston take care of business against the Patriots even without Nicos.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. So Nico Collins injury is big, but not so much for this game, more for the future. Here's my question. Do you like this less with Drake May starting versus Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 3: No, I so honestly, I will say that I was not assuming Drake May was going to be playing, but I still, yes, I like it.
Speaker 2: By the way, it didn't it didn't change the line for the record, when New England announced it, the line didn't move the only and I think a lot of people think it actually for this week is bad for New England rookies first start ever against this defense, right, So I get that part of it that it just the worry that I would And I'm gonna give this teaser a B plus. Again. You know, I don't love teasing through the zero, but when you're doing seven and a half point teasers like you almost, you're gonna tease through the zeros a lot because you're doing big teasers. The the concern would be that other guys on the Patriots have been kind of sapped of their spirit by Jacoby and the fact they don't throw the ball and those right, there's gonna be a rejuvenation feature the way we saw with the Panthers. Take Bryce Young out of there, score thirty six points with Andy Dalton, they win one game and then they go right back to me and the Panthers. But I'll give it a B plus and I'm rooting for you. I like this teaser. All right, let's do our offer.
Speaker 3: If Drake May is on the brain too much, guys, I'll sweet out the next the new teaser. But if I don't tweet anything, this is the teaser we're going with. Okay, But yeah, so the Week six offer. Last week, the offer nearly hit even the Jags one, even though he left him out. But your guy Ma Holmes couldn't hold up his end of the bargain. So this week we're gonna stick with your guys. Caleb and Trevor facing off in London, and both are coming off two hundred yard games. So with that exchange rate in mind, the offer is Trevor and Caleb to both throw for two point fifty at plus four hundred.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. I'll take it. Yeah, I'll take it. A little worried about Trevor against the Bears defense, but I think he's gonna have to throw the ball because I think they're gonna be trailing and so yeah, and Caleb, I think is gonna be able to cook up that that Jags defense. So yeah, I will take that offer. All right, we are going to We're gonna skip the listener questions today because we started late and we're still having some video issues. But go Royals. Enjoy the playoff baseball. Let's have a great Thursday night football game tonight and enjoy. Hopefully we get a game five Royals Yankees Saturday night here in New York. Enjoy Sunday. Good luck to all your bets and Caesars. Talk to you as soon. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get Demondday another plaque, so like, subscribe, rate send a rating too, do all that cool stuff. Thanks, guys,