Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Wednesday Dan and the Dan Ets Dan Patrick Show, make sure you sign up for Dan's Deals. It goes live tonight. First for the newsletters subscribers, we participated in this before partnering with some great brands. All the deals fifty to sixty percent off all the products that we have.
Speaker 3: Everything on here makes your life better, Yes, it does every single thing. There's like the best pillow you could buy, the best sheet you could buy, sleeping's taken care of.
Speaker 2: The best knife set, the best knife.
Speaker 3: Set you could buy. That's and it's a crazy discount. That's pretty awesome. It's got this awesome toothbrush. Actually, that's gonna get your teeth right. Yeah, it's got we got an awesome cooler you don't even need ice, and it'll keep your drinks cool. That's better. And then while you're looking at all your awesome stuff, you can snack on some of the best beer cheese you can possibly buy. Well, everything makes your life better. Yeah, we have all the food groups represented in these gifts for the holidays, and sign up get the discounts at dan patrick dot com. Just put your email address in there, you're good to go, and you get the newsletter every single day that recaps what we did on the program. Seventh thing that makes your life better.
Speaker 4: Yes, point the backpack. You could put the beer in it.
Speaker 5: Put it in the fridge so when you get ready to go to your tailgi the next day, you don't have to find ice or put in ice and mess it all up with ice.
Speaker 4: We are making your drinking life better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a cooler, but you don't even need ice. Well, you can put ice in it if you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you actually can just slide up a box, a twelve pack box, right into it and you're all set.
Speaker 2: In twelve pack of Miller like we did it yesterday.
Speaker 3: You're an Alabama fan Clemson, that's right. You got school Auburn school colors there South Carolina. I forget which ones. There's a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: We don't have one for Georgia. Do we have one for Crappensburg State? Not yet yet, we should, by the way. We do have coffee mugs, Crappensburg State coffee mugs. We just got those yesterday. And we have the bumper sticker and what's it say?
Speaker 3: My child made the Dean's List at Crappensburg State.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Love it got some new T shirts there. All of that's available at dan patrick dot com. All right, poll question for the final hour. If you want to recap some of the other pole questions you can. Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see this is how many games should dreamon? Green Bee suspended? Right now? Fifty one percent of the audience say ten plus. What do you think of? Is that a lot?
Speaker 2: Is that many feels like it? I mean it wasn't choke hold on Rudy Gobert, no punches, but it was a choke hold. I mean I would put him down for maybe five reduce it to three. I mean, we're going to revisit this topic with Draymond at some point during the season. So if you don't get him now, you don't get him some other time. What else do you have?
Speaker 3: We also have up there more to blame for the Bill's struggles, and we have the players, the coordinators, the head coach, or ownership. Right now fifty one percent of that one also have the players? Okay, how about that? Followed by the head coach, coordinators barely getting any and ownership not really nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a suggestion for all of the people in the media who love Deon Sanders. Stop speculating that he should go to Texas A and M, because you're actually hurting him with his recruiting. You have two recruits, four star recruits who have backed out of their commitment with Colorado because they're not quite sure is Dion going to be there next year? So if you want Neon to succeed, don't put things out there like he could end up with the Cowboys or end up with Texas A and M unless it's real. But a lot of this stuff attached to Deon Sanders and what people have said has not been you know, real, has been true. And Dion even said, look, I'm not going anywhere. I got my kids. They're going to be back here next year unless they get some kind of waiver from the NC Double A. But the NC DOUBLEA is busy with other things. They may not have time, they can't multitask. They're probably you know, struggling to keep up with Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pum that said, if I'm A and M, I say, Dion, bring the kids, bring them all with you. Bring the kids, bring the cousins, let's.
Speaker 2: Go speaking to college football. The PAC twelve is now the PAC two. It's Oregon State and Washington State. But I love the story. I've been following the story because I want to know what happens. Can the PAC twelve still exist? Can they still have the opportunity to play in a you know, be an automatic bid and win it, you know, be part of the national championship picture adding teams there. John Canzano, longtime Oregon columnist and you can find him at Johnkenzano dot com, has been following the story as well. All right, So what happened in the newsroom or right, I should say courtroom of you know, with the PAC twelve, with the Oregon State and Washington State.
Speaker 6: Well, it was really interesting to be in there because you have this small town feel in Colfax, less than three thousand people there. You've got the judge's wife sitting over in the jury box. You got former Washington State coach Jim Walton sitting next to her, their family friends, they had lunch together before the hearing. So there's all this this really folksy stuff going on in the courtroom. And then you have these attorneys that are making six hundred dollars an hour. Who were you know, it's like fifteen attorneys that are in the room and they're in a tuggle war over the board seats. In the PAC twelve conference, in the judge Judge Liby Gary Lebey, he ultimately ruled that the actions of the board in the last year, you know, they kicked UCLA and USC off the board when they announced they were going to the Big ten. They kicked Colorado off when they said they were going to the Big twelve. He said, hey, that action matters. That's how you acted. And he, you know, yesterday awarded the two board seats to Oregon State and Washington State. Now there's going to be appeals. They're going to file a you know, a motion with the state Supreme Court today. The departing ten schools will file that motion. They're going to ask for a stay of the judge's temporary restraining order, and they're going to try to find some more favorable terrain to argue this case. They'll probably go to the to Olympia, the state capitol there in Washington.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. What do you think the PAC twel is going to look like?
Speaker 6: Well, I think ultimately Orey State and Washington State. They want to rebuild this thing. You know, the president at Washington State was in the courtroom. Two athletic directors were in the courtroom. They want to get busy rebuilding it. And the ten departing schools are really stalling this out. They know the transfer portal window is December fourth, they know that's kind of a drop dead moment, and so I think they're really trying to squeeze those two schools because they departing schools want all the money. They want to take their share of the money. They want to dissolve the conference. You know, there's four hundred and twenty million dollars in revenue coming in this year this fiscal year. There's about another one hundred and seventy coming in in future years. So there's a lot of money at stake here. Oory State and Washington State want to use that money to rebuild the departing schools want to take their share and be done with it.
Speaker 7: And so that's really what this is about.
Speaker 2: Okay, you need a new commissioner for the PAC twelve or whatever it's going to be called, and you need a TV deal. So the likelihood of all of that happening here before next season. I guess the commissioner would be the easy part about the TV deal. How attractive would that be?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they have to buy some time, you know, and I talked there's two paths really for orient State Washington State. I don't think they try to do this in you know, twenty twenty four. I think what they try to do is next season they're going to play as a conference of two's. That's I keep hearing that over and over. And the two paths that are available to them are a they put together a twelve game schedule, they try to live off the media rights, money and what they win in this court case for the next couple of years, and then they really focus on twenty twenty five. The alternate path. If they're not able to put together a schedule, and I'm told that they already have modeled that they have, you know, they could successfully put together a twelve game schedule, but the more favorable one might just be to create a scheduling partnership or an alliance with the Mountain West Conference play some of those schools in twenty twenty five. There's still a whole bunch of other schools out there like Utah, cal and Stanford who are looking for games. I think you could pick up some Power five games. But I don't know You're right about the TV money. I don't know what that deal could look like in twenty twenty four. But that's why the money that's wrapped up in the conference and in this court proceeding is so important because Oregon State Washington State are going to have to live off of that for about eighteen to twenty four months.
Speaker 2: But then legally, if you restructure the PAC twelve, but it's called the PAC twelve, can you still get the automatic berth the winner of the PAC twelve, you know, playing for a national championship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a really important question, and I think there's a debate to be had there, and there may be in a negotiation. You know, Kirk Schultz, the president Washington State, is on that council. He holds a vote in that decision on that President's Council, so I think he could leverage that. I think really though too. The other thing I've heard is, you know, if you do cobble together the PAC twelve and you bring it back and you keep the brand, and I think they will do that. You could argue that if they add the right schools dan that it becomes the best group of five and that conference champion in most years probably gets a berth anyway, even though it's not automatic. So you know, this is about you know, I keep hearing this over and over from Washington State and Oregon State. It's about survival in the next two years and then what happens to college football and can their brands and their success on the football field help them be part of whatever comes next.
Speaker 2: We know that Colorado needs to have six wins according to the PAC twelve guidelines to be bull eligible. Well, if the regular season ends and they have five wins, are they still affiliated with the PAC twelve? Is the foot like? Can they? Are they already seceding from the union? Now they're in limbo. Now they could go to a bowl game with only five wins, not the requisite six.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the love language of college athletics is always going to be money. I think if Colorado can justify that there is a win fall that the conference would share in because technically nobody's leaving until August one of twenty twenty four, if they could convince the conference Hey, there's a winfall here.
Speaker 7: There's a network that's willing to pay.
Speaker 6: There's a ball game that's willing to pay for colorad Rotto to be part of it, which there should be. I think that the board now made of two could get together and say, hey, we're we would lower that requirement in a five team win.
Speaker 7: You know, a five win team could get into a Bowl game.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, John, Thanks for following this story.
Speaker 7: Thanks Dan.
Speaker 2: That's John Canzano, longtime Oregon columnist radio host. You can follow him at John Quinzano dot com. Yeah, money is the great elixir there, because there's gonna be a bowl that's gonna want There will be a few Bowl games that would love to have Deon Sanders, Colorado pac twelve pack two. Can you kind of stitch something together, cobble it together, and then maybe you have something here in the next year or so two years. All right, we'll get phone calls coming up if you're just joining us. Deshaun Watson is done for the year. He suffered a broken bone in his shoulder, and they have the Browns and the Steelers are coming up with the steel Des coming to town. They are getting four and a half at least they were the spreads. Now the Browns giving two After the Deshaun Watson story. So he has a fractured shoulder and its season ending surgery he has done, and I started to look at the number of games that Deshaun Watson has played in his career. Twenty seventeen missed nine games due to injury, twenty eighteen didn't miss a game, twenty nineteen missed two games due to injury, twenty twenty missed one game due to injury, twenty twenty one sat out all seventeen games voluntarily while healthy, twenty twenty two missed eleven games due to the NFL suspension. Twenty twenty three, he is going to miss eleven games due to injury. Total miss games in seven years is fifty one games. Total games played in those seven seasons is sixty six. By the end of this season, Deshaun Watson will have played in just over fifty seven percent of the possible games in a seven season run. By the way, the total pay up to this point, including this season, is one hundred and forty two million dollars. Guess what he's doing over the next three seasons before taxas of course, one and thirty eight million dollars guaranteed. Ouch ouch seems like a stat of the day to me, Marvin who Stall of a.
Speaker 7: Day, Stan of a day, start of a day, scant outa day.
Speaker 6: This is the Stele of the day.
Speaker 2: Stand rot to you, Bond Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show season finale, the LPGA Tour and it's the CME Globe Tour Championship. That'll be Sunday, one Eastern on NBC and Peacock. We will talk to the lead singer of Rush Geddy Lee. He is selling off his base ball collection, his memorabilia collection. Quite a collection, one of the best that you'll find, and we'll talk to you about that. Some of the items that he has has did some research on this and he's got some really rare, rare items here. Baseball signed by the Beatles after the nineteen sixty two performance at Chase Stadium. Also, I think the final out of both of Johnny Vandermere's back to back no hitters, the only pitcher who's ever had back to back no hitters, and Getty Lee has the final out of both of those no hitters. So he'll join us coming up here in a little bit. Mel in New York. Kai, Mel, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: Dan, first time, long time, five to seven and a solid one ninety five. Thank you very much, boy, that's music to my ears. A question for you, actually two questions. One, you have such a great collection of items in your man cave. Have you ever thought of doing a show putting it on a DVD of know what you have in the man cave and maybe the backstory as to how you got it?
Speaker 2: Or I think I did that. I did that a web video. I think the French Kid came in and we kind of went around and I pointed out things when I got them, how I got them, what they mean to me. I mean, I got you know, things that are normal with a lot of collectors, Brett Farve, Jersey, Dan Marino autograph Jersey, Barry Sanders, Wayne Gretzky, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, some of the jerseys are personalized, Tom Brady, Buccaneers Jersey personalized. So there's quite a few of those, the normal things. But then I collect everything. I have every press pass that you know, from when I was working at CNN, so every press pass I kept when I would go to these events, and that's starting in nineteen eighty two, eighty three, I got like Celtic's Lakers, Boston Garden, NBA Finals, Bird and Magic Jordan's retirement. There was a press pass that you know, they're just like I collected everything and I put them on the doors around here, so there's there's just a lot of stuff here now. The Danis they turned on me last hour and they called me a hoarder. And Satan said that I have a problem, and uh, well, I think Fritzy jumped in too that I have a problem. But it's a problem that I gladly have and not worried about it. I don't know that anyone suggested you should be worried. I mean, well, somebody said maybe I need some help. Somebody somebody suggested.
Speaker 3: I think youth positive, that do I need help?
Speaker 2: And then you guys said, yes, you asked the do I.
Speaker 3: Need an intervention? Those are all things that so maybe there's some type of deep seated concerns in your head that not at all.
Speaker 4: The first step and knowing you have a problem is asking for help, right, And.
Speaker 11: There are worse problems to have in the world. So you know what, you got a little hoarding your shree what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I wake up every day and I go, Okay, I'm a horror I could be Fritzy.
Speaker 8: I feel that what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel a lot better.
Speaker 3: God, he's just reacting.
Speaker 8: That's what he does. He's like, Yeah, it calls me, mister sensitive.
Speaker 3: No, he's lasting out, he's lashing out. Don't take it purs I'm sensitive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mister back row there where you got your soccer scarves where you're trying to hide Fritzie's face from your view.
Speaker 8: This is what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Look at what I've done, Todd. I've left it perfectly perfect.
Speaker 8: All the scarves are off to the side so we can we have clear view.
Speaker 3: We just have the ability to.
Speaker 2: Feel about that.
Speaker 3: Sounds a little bit.
Speaker 2: I like to see a smiling doesn't hurt your feelings.
Speaker 8: Most things hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: I went in the back most things. I went in the back. The big German is there, and uh, you know picture Da Ray is making a little miniature hot dogs there, of course, and I caught Fritzy going in there.
Speaker 11: I'm hovering over the girl and I like these guys. I'm like, ever since they put the grill, and I'm making all these visits to.
Speaker 2: Say, hey, he didn't want me to see that he was going to have a miniature hot dog. You can have it. I don't care. I'm not your mom. You're a food hider, is what you are.
Speaker 11: I do because I know the cameras and everything, and the last thing I want to be is in the morning meeting video.
Speaker 2: Even when you go home, you stop at Jersey Mikes. You don't have anything while you're here, and then it's like, all right, Fritzy not eating anything, Well, you don't eat until two o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 11: Next thing you know, it's like two medium pizzas in a mountain to Why am I so hungry because you didn't eat since like ten pm the night before.
Speaker 8: It's the problem.
Speaker 2: I have problems too, so we all have a problem. I like how one of the backroom guys followed Fritzy one time from the man Cave just to see what fast food place he still.
Speaker 8: Trust anybody here?
Speaker 4: This is what it is.
Speaker 2: What Well, they weren't trying to they just saw him and then they followed him, and then he pulled into Jersey Mikes.
Speaker 4: I wonder who as signed that job.
Speaker 8: People taking their cell phones out.
Speaker 3: To be fair, Todd isn't really exactly given a moment's peace while he's here, So I don't blame him for one not wanting to eat.
Speaker 2: Here said thank you, shut the Toddler.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to eat a sandwich.
Speaker 2: Did Todd do that to mcleven? Hey, McLevin, what do you got there? What do you eat quickly? Nay? But did you do that?
Speaker 8: But and that's the.
Speaker 2: Reason why McLevin left. I wasn't keeping you.
Speaker 8: Like I was not keeping a diary or something like that.
Speaker 2: Did you annoy McLevin?
Speaker 3: And know you I anybody you're annoyed mclen And you know what, mccleven annoyed everybody too.
Speaker 2: And that's what's kind of themes why we have Marvin here. Yeah, just in time for the Connecticut Husky magazine expose.
Speaker 4: What a great addition to the team.
Speaker 2: Wow, where would we be without Marvin?
Speaker 4: Thank goodness for Marv.
Speaker 2: Geedty Lee's going to join us. I'm gonna ask him if he's a hoarder or collector all of his sports memorabilia. Let's take a break Todd, Okay, we should take it. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Simply Safe. See when you have all of this memorabilia, you need simply save homesick security segue, Thank you, Todd, Simply say, comprehensive protection for the whole home. Advanced sensors. They detect break inspires, floods. Even if somebody's gonna move my memorabilia around.
Speaker 8: Can you upgrade to the hoarder's package. It's only like a dollar ninety nine extra.
Speaker 2: Twenty four seven professional monitor package, less than a dollar a day. That's half the cost of traditional home security. So I hope, I hope you're having fun.
Speaker 8: Order deal. Just click you guys, got to click the button.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen, live.
Speaker 9: Listen to comeback stories. I'm Darren Waller. You may know me best as a tied end for the New York Giants. You may also know me for my story of overcoming addiction alcoholism. You may have heard a few of my tracks as an artist producer, and you may have seen the work that I've done through my foundation. And you may know my friend and co host Donnie Starkins as well, and he's a mindfulness teacher, a yoga instructor, a life coach, a man fully invested in seeing people reach their fullest potential. And we've come to form this platform of Comeback Stories to really highlight not only our own adversity, but adversity in the lives of well known guests with amazing stories. Catch us every week on Comeback Stories on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: This in from Mary Kay Cabot. She covers the Cleveland Browns. The Browns will start my guy, Dorian Thompson Robinson versus the Steelers. She asked Dorian Thompson Robinson before the Seahawks game, how it'd be different night and day. It'll be a clear deal difference. I finally got my feet wet. I know what to do. I know what to study when I get out there. So you're going against one of the top five defenses, and it should be night or day. It better be night and day. And he can move a little bit. We'll get to phone calls coming up. We talked to Gedty Lee yesterday, so we'll get to that in the moment. Christie's and Hunt Auctions proudly present selections from Getty Lee the important baseball memorabilia. It's his collection, historic offering that you have going back for a many many centuries or decades. Here live auction will take place December sixth. The pieces are available to look at December one through December fifth. For more information, visit Christie's dot com. Here is how I started my interview with the lead singer of the band Rush, Getty Lee. We were trying to play guess Getty Lee's favorite baseball player growing up? Now do you save your answer? Let's go around the room. Getty Lee's favorite baseball player growing up? Todd, Greg Luzinski, Greg Luzinski, See O'Connor, Sandy Kofex, Marvin Mickey, Mannel, Pauli, Harmon, Killerbrew. I'm going al Kayline.
Speaker 12: Oh god, you guys are torturing me. Yeah, al Caline, Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: What was the did you meet Alan?
Speaker 12: No, never met him, but you know, we were in a zone where we got the American League games on the weekends, and so the Tigers, Yankees rivalry was the thing when I was growing up, and we saw a lot of Tigers games, and I believe the Toronto maple leafe ball team that was located in Toronto with the International League team, I think they were the farm club of the Tigers for a while, and one or two games I managed to sneak downtown and watch when I was really young. I think even Sparky Anderson was on that club, so I had a familiarity with guys like al Caline, norm Cash. You know, that was a great era. And of course Mickey Mantle and Roger Merris were the thing when I was a kid too, so I was fans of them as well.
Speaker 2: First piece of memorabilia you remember buying was what.
Speaker 11: It was a.
Speaker 12: It was a photograph of Satchel Page that was signed by him, and I bought that at the same time as a photograph of the shot signed by Bobby Thompson. Those two pieces. I was walking through a memorabilia store and I didn't collect that stuff yet, and so I saw these two pieces and I thought, well, though, they would look really cool hanging in my office.
Speaker 2: But then it becomes an addiction. Yes, right, when did you realize that it was out of hand last year.
Speaker 12: Okay, it's been out of hand for quite a while. It's my nature.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: The problem I have is not that I'm a borderline hoarder or that I'm a passionate collector, is that I have this kind of completest attitude to collecting. So for example, when I started collecting no Hitter balls, well I had to have every No Hitter ball that I could possibly find.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 12: It's that part of the illness that has caused me to have so much stuff that I couldn't even display at all.
Speaker 2: So, you know, we used to be a collector was pretty good, and then they started labeling us hoarders, yes, and then it became a negative. So I have a man cave full of stuff and just stuff that I've collected when I was at ESPN, and you know, probably forty years worth. But I had this huge building that I can put it in. Do you have a big building that you have all of this stuff in or did you know did you run out of space?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: I ran out of space.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 12: I have incredible office at home where I displayed all my favorite pieces, and I couldn't really display them. All I had boxes and boxes of wonderful pieces that I'd completely forgotten about. And uh, and then when I started collecting bass vintage based guitars, I had a real problem. I had a critical mass issue at my phone.
Speaker 2: So how many? How many guitars did you have?
Speaker 8: About?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 8: Entred fifteen?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you collected from bands like other artists, not so much.
Speaker 12: I was just interested in in vintage pieces, rare pieces, a lot of a lot from what I call the Golden age of guitar making, which was the late fifth these early sixties. And you know, again being a completist, I had to have one of each brand, even obscure Italian brands that were made and not many seen on this side of the world.
Speaker 2: What's the most you spent on a piece of memorabilia.
Speaker 12: Guitar or baseball?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: I don't know, over one hundred grand I have spent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got uniforms, You got uniforms as well, bats as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah. I really tried to focus on single signed baseballs or game used baseballs. But you know, it's also fascinating to me that sometimes in a bat like I have a bat that might have been used by Joe Jackson, but it's one of his signature bats, and how do you not try to grab that if you're a collector. I have a lot of personal memorabilia that I would never part with for my collection, and stuff like I have Bill Lee's uniform the day that he freaked out in the Montreal Expos clubhouse because Rodney Scott had been traded. He took off his exposed uniform, tore it up, and then head headed to the bar across the street to have a few pints, and Jim Fanning picked up, who is the manager of the Expos at the time. He picked up the uniform and kept it all these years. And I got to know Jim through Larry Walker, who's a friend of mine and really nice family, and they allowed me to purchase it from them for my collection. But that's something that's so special because I'm a Canadian and because I was at the Expos, were my first real passionate love.
Speaker 2: I have an autograph baseball from Joe Carter and Mitch Williams on a World Series baseball they both signed that year that they I don't know what it's worth, but I I visited both of them that off season after Joe hit the home run, and I asked Joe if he would sign it, and then Mitch signed it as well. But what struck me, though, Getty, is I asked Joe Carter where the home run ball was and he said, right there in the kitchen. So I open up a kitchen drawer and the ball rules out and I go, that's one of the most famous baseballs in history. He goes, yeah, but I gave it to my wife it was It wasn't in a trophy case. It was in a junk drawer.
Speaker 12: Well, you know that's this is you know, he played the game, so to him, it's just a tool of the trade. You know, sometimes it's like that. I have memorabilia from rush passes and things from important gigs and shows, and you know they're just collecting in some drawer or something. So I understand that feeling, whereas if it was from baseball, for me, that would be just sacrisanct. You know, you've got to put it in a special place.
Speaker 2: You have a baseball signed by the Beatles.
Speaker 12: I do, yeah, and that's not Beatles. Yeah, at Shay Stadium, at that gig, the famous gig they did at Shay Stadium. In the sixties.
Speaker 2: What do you think that'll go for.
Speaker 12: I have no idea, but it could go very high. It could very well be one of the highest selling items in the sale.
Speaker 2: What are the top end items you think as far as this auction at Christie's.
Speaker 12: Well, it's hard for me to guess. I'm so close to these things and I've had so many of them for decades. But the Beatles ball, for sure. I think that some of the presidential stuff, especially the John Kennedy first pitch nineteen sixty one. I mean, that's an amazing ball. I was very fortunate to acquire, and in fact, I was very fortunate to acquire a few John Kennedy signed baseballs. In fact, in nineteen sixty one he was He's one of the few presidents that threw a first pitch out of both teams. Now that's a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: There's some other great things. I have Johnny Vandermere's final outs from his back to back no hitters. That's pretty Darren special.
Speaker 2: See that one is wild. We'll never have that again. And the fact that you got the final out on both of those no hitters.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I might have to have them both, you know. It's the same with the Kennedy sixty one sign balls. Once I bought the first one that's also signed by Lyndon Johnson, many many years ago, and I thought it was the only one, and then up pops this other one on for sale and it's the other team, and I thought, well, this has got to be a fake because I have the original one. But it turns out he did, in fact throw two pitches out that day.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Geddy Lee. Are you still introduced as the lead singer of Rush?
Speaker 12: That's what I'm kind of known for lead singers the Rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but last time I talked to you, that was a couple of years ago. You said you were done. It's probably six years ago. But so are you all done well?
Speaker 12: Rush? You know, Neil Peared, our drummer, retired in twenty fifteen, and sadly he suffered from glioblastoma for a few years and he passed away in twenty twenty. So Rush as a unit of Neil, Alex and myself of course was over in twenty fifteen. Whether I will play again in some form, that's very possible. I leave myself quite open to that. I just finished a two year epic writing my memoir which is coming out today as a matter of fact, and that was a great distraction and a real cathartic process for me. But now that that's done, I'm kind of anxious to get back to my day job and see if I can write some music that people still care about.
Speaker 2: My f and life. That is the engrossing tale of a classic underachiever who became a rock and roll Hall of Fame vocalist, bassist, and keyboard player. It's like somebody wrote that for me, Getty. But you guys aren't known for being like the Stones in the South of France when they were doing Exile on Main Street, Like you weren't going crazy as a party band, were you.
Speaker 12: Well, no, we flew under the radar, you see, because we didn't have any mainstream media attention.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: We were kind of a cult band, like the world's most popular cult band, and so whatever transgressions we happened to get involved in, you know.
Speaker 2: Remained quiet.
Speaker 12: So I found it in my heart to share some of those crazy in my book that some people I think might be a little surprised to read.
Speaker 2: Did you give me the band you partied with one time? And lived to tell about it.
Speaker 12: Oh, I remember a fantastic number of nights with the band UFO when they were touring with us and we had I remember some of the guys in Thin Lizzie challenging us to a Scotch drinking contest. And be very careful when you challenge a Canadian to a drinking contest, because we're a hearty breed up. So yeah, And there's a time we had a party at the end of a Kiss tour where the drummer of Kiss ended up throwing a giant potted palm over a balcony out and God thankfully no one was hit. And so there are a few stories. And then there are some self contained stories about one time in Manchester, England, when Alex had challenged our six foot eleven stage manager to a Kognac drinking contest. Now that is not advisable because Cognac is a sipping brew, right, you don't do shots of that. That is a very funny tale. I have to say a bit too long, and you know, censored to share here.
Speaker 2: I love you man with Paul Rudd and Jason Siegel. When you first heard about what they were doing, what was your reaction and what your role would be in that.
Speaker 12: Well, we were coming out of a time. You have to remember, we had just sort of survived a five year hiatus where Neil had had some terrible tragedies in his life and we were not sure that he would come back to the band, but he did, thankfully for the world of Rush fans and for me personally. And so when we embarked on that tour, we were of a completely different mindset. Things that we would normally say no to out of hand, we now decided, you know, like that famous Seinfeld episode, if you know every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite must be right. So we just started saying yes to everything. And John Hamberg had gotten the script to I Love You Man to us. We read it and we said, this is a comedy, this is good. Yes, we'll do it, And that's how it all started. And of course when we got to the set we had no idea how much fun we'd have, and the guys in the movie were so kind and so excited and it was just one of the best memories I have.
Speaker 2: And then you were with Paul Rudd last night.
Speaker 12: Yes, Paul very kindly agreed to be my surprise guest host last night at the b Computer and he was as charming and affable as you could ever expect. You know, he's just one of the nicest people in show business. Honest to God, what a sincere guy.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll come full circle because that's who al Caline was. He was a wonderful gentleman. And having met him a couple of times, I know you said that that was your idol when you were growing up. You would have been proud to know that that was your idol because he was a great man.
Speaker 12: Well I'm really happy to know that because I never did meet him, and that makes that makes me smile.
Speaker 2: Thanks, good luck with the book, good luck with the auction. And there's no shame starting new collection. They're getting nothing wrong with.
Speaker 4: It, nothing wrong, always something else.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 12: Thanks Dan, great to be here.
Speaker 2: That's Getty Lee and you can see the items that he is going to be auctioning off at Christie's dot com. That'll be December first through the fifth and you'll be able to look at it and the auction takes place December sixth. A lot of fun. I think he's a collector, not a hoarder, just saying, by the way, this hour brought to you by Mercedes Benz. You're gonna love the vehicles, the vehicles, all electric, the feeling all Mercedes. Learn more than busa dot com slash special offers, take a break, Last call for phone calls, What's in store tomorrow? And this Dane sports history.
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, what we learn? What's in store tomorrow? Coming up in a out I don't know. Fifteen minutes, Marvin sits down with an investigative reporter from Yukon investigating Husky's magazine. I'm going to ask you about your college life, your degree, and that you've made the big time. You're now part of the Dan Patrick Show. Any skeletons in the closet there, Marvin, that may be brought up in the Yukon magazine, Yukon Husky Magazine.
Speaker 3: Skeletons, Well, we talk about skeletons.
Speaker 2: I'm hoarding those. You are okay? Are you nervous?
Speaker 8: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: But like I'm more excited, more so than anything.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you seem like you're out of sorts here.
Speaker 8: I'm positive.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Todd, it's.
Speaker 8: A special thing. It's an honor. You should be excited. I know he's excited. He just wants to handle it the right way.
Speaker 2: J NYU doing an article on.
Speaker 11: They have not I've not been invited back to campus. They don't want to talk to me nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, you never really were part of campus because you were home with you to train fast enough.
Speaker 11: As soon as my classes were over, I just went back on the train back to mom. Yeah, and occasionally a girlfriend was kind of like here shows very much.
Speaker 2: Run back mom, making your mom alrighty.
Speaker 8: Again, one more zinger in because you're all set.
Speaker 2: No, you crushed me earlier, you got me. I take it.
Speaker 8: Some things need to be said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I deserve it. I deserve it. If I'm a hoarder'm I didn't call you what I said.
Speaker 8: You're on the cusp of being a order.
Speaker 2: He said, I order line hoarder. You felt like I am. I need help.
Speaker 8: You're on the border of being horned.
Speaker 2: Do you think we could get doctor Phil to show the doctor Phil to come out.
Speaker 8: I would be fabulous.
Speaker 2: He could come in and maybe dissect what's wrong with this?
Speaker 11: Hey, you got all this stuff going on all there's chaos, but there's secretly you got everything all in order.
Speaker 8: Interesting. It's just a little game you play with the audience.
Speaker 2: You could have done a little better impersonation there, the.
Speaker 8: Guy that had and the boots and everything that don't make you no cowboys?
Speaker 2: That's better this day in sports history, Paulie.
Speaker 4: Just a couple, Dan you got.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety two, Richard Petty drove the final race of his thirty five year career.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves Richard Petty. How about this? In six EMMITTT. Smith was named winner of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. I don't recall that.
Speaker 5: And in two thousand and five, Major League Baseball and old players and owners agreed to tougher penalties for steroid use. Oh five after the steroid ero was over?
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, let's see Princeton beat Harvard on this date, eighteen seventy nine. Yay one to nothing college football game? They did it? Yeah, one one to nothing was the final?
Speaker 4: Is that a forfeit? I think a forfeit is one.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but Princeton unveiled the concept of using blockers to help advants the ball. What were they doing before then? Standing around? Hey, you're on your own, Timmy. Sorry, m PAULI check that box score?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh, I didn't see anything else in here. Melvin Gordon on this day twenty fourteen, rushed for four hundred and eight yards. He sat out the final quarter the Badgers win over Nebraska. Yeah, let's go. Okay, let me see Cody in Michigan. Hey, Cody, I'll squeeze you.
Speaker 10: In here, Cody one two?
Speaker 2: All right? Code?
Speaker 12: Do you think the punishment for Jim holleyball is I picked the grime?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know yet, Cody. And is there school today? Oh?
Speaker 6: I'm home sick?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay our kind of viewer, Yeah, we love shut ins. We appreciate that. Well, thank you, Cody. Hopefully we're the best medicine for you to feel better.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, the stomach aches are impossible.
Speaker 2: That's true. You just remember that, Cody, really really, Yes, little.
Speaker 5: Tip Cody, when you're at next time, you cost go mister Patrick sell it Son.
Speaker 2: I need to know more details about Jim Hornball. That's like I keep asking, just logical questions, and I don't know if we're going to get logical answers. If he didn't know, then how didn't you know that's would be where I'd start. Who did know? How much did they know how to affect your game plan? Why is Connor stallions no longer on the stat like that? You know there's a lot of things there. Let's go around the room. What we learn on the program? Todd means spirited Todd? What did you learn today?
Speaker 11: Geddy Lee is a completist when he started collecting no hitter baseball if he felt compeled to acquire as many as he possibly could.
Speaker 2: See No, O'Connor, you're good, You're good. I am yeah, you're good. No I'm not. You're good, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: You don't have to concern yourself with the opinions of others.
Speaker 2: Weeves, Yeah, Marvin, what did you learn?
Speaker 4: And Hyu has not invited Fritzy back to ny What did you learn?
Speaker 9: Order?
Speaker 2: Now, I have a great day. Everybody hopefully entertained you. We'll try to do it again tomorrow.