Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seats by one of the greats, one of our favorite guests, and it's been way too damn long. Hilarious actor, improviser, stand up comedian who you've seen on Key and Peel, Workaholics, Comedy Bang Bang, rights for TV shows like Grand Crew and Twisted Metal. Well Slee's welcomes noted thought dad, tmm, you can't use that's what that's his and you also know him from them. Actually it's if you want any.
Speaker 2: Way, Well, ye as was that when if he came back on the pod.
Speaker 1: What's good going man? Oh man, we did it, We did You're back. Everybody doubted us, They said, no way this guy gets back on the podcast, and that in your fucking faces.
Speaker 3: Losers looking you know, I remember, like I remember the last couple of times, like we were trying to have you on. You were in a writer's room and You're also like, you had your very busy schedule, and it's funny. I would like, this is what I love about our fans when people are like, oh man, if he's not on the show, or at least you're not on the show, like is there is there beef for something to people. People do many things they don't have time to do our podcast, our second rate podcast, and then we got to catch them and here you are back in the flush.
Speaker 1: We actually just sprung this on you. You were at walking out of one writer's room into another, and we just put a microphone in your face. So we appreciate you stopping for the next hour and sitting Oh.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm happy. I always love doing the pod. I love to hop on. So yeah, it was truly like, yeah, my pleasure and now I'm here with the Fellas.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, our new show WTF with the Fellas.
Speaker 1: And the logo does look identical to the other WTF. I grew a beard and had my face in a very similar cartoon. It's obviously me though, if you look closely, look closely, look at all the sweat, and you know, Maren can take all those cease and desists and shove him.
Speaker 4: Up his ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you like that. How do you like that? Maren? If we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, So for mine, I have the block iPhone offloading apps, and Jack Antonov the first one block iPhone. So I don't know if you know, you're trying to save space on your iPhone and so you go in and and you know you you have it offload apps you're not using. But there's some apps that you just download to use, like like I have the Giffy app so that I can use gifts in my text. So we have that turned on. Since I never open that app because I only use it as a sticker in text, it just keeps getting offloaded and I'll have to notice when I'm trying to use it and I can't find it, and it truly is like bonkers that so I went to look to see if there's a way to like block specific apps from being offloaded, and they're like, Nope, no, we don't have that. And you would think that there's so many things that I think the that Apple does that I'm like, you would think that eventually you would have knocked this out really quick, right, like like but like I still you know anyone.
Speaker 3: I can't like I can't type fuck in a text message or that I've been like dope, yeah as a contact, I guess.
Speaker 2: Or even if you use like any air pods and you happen to live with someone else who has air pods and they have that new feature that's like this airpod's tracking you and you're like, nope, this is someone this is this is someone I live with. I know it's not, and like there's no way to turn that off. There's no way to be like, hey, learn.
Speaker 1: The air tags. You're being hunted like three hundred times a week. Oh I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And with the new update, they were basically saying you know, oh you you'll be able to like acknowledge that you know it, and then like, I it still doesn't work, and I was like you would think it'd be the simplest one. And you know, that whole feature was reactionary because they got called out where people were like yo, you people can use your air tag feature to stalk people. So now they just it feels like they're punishing us, where it's like, well, then you can't turn it off you want it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right there you go in your face direction. Now our product sucks? So uh yeah yeah. The air tags right, the those things are super annoying. What is, Katie, something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Okay, so this may run counter to my financial incentives, but putting your phone in phone jail. I have been doing this recently. I have been deciding that maybe Twitter, also known as Eggs, is bad for my mind, my soul, and my body. But I lack any kind of self control. I have none of that, So I started sort of child blocking myself physically putting my phone in a cabinet. There's like an app. There's a ton of apps like this, so I'm not really necessarily saying this one in particular is good. But it's like called one sec or something, and it interrupts you if you try, Like it doesn't block you from getting into the app, because for me that just wouldn't work. I would disable it and keep going. But it like interrupts you while you're trying to score through Twitter, and it's like, hey, you really want to do this?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Is this what?
Speaker 5: So you're gonna spend your afternoon scrolling through Twitter getting mad and it has made it's like it's it's like emerging from a fog when the fog is made out of neo Nazis, and it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Very fascist of you first of all, throwing your enemies in jail like that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: I'm like, he's innocent.
Speaker 1: I do admire your willpower and the fact that you're doing that. I maybe this will be the thing that pushes me over because I do need to do that. I was up it.
Speaker 6: I have to.
Speaker 1: Grow last night.
Speaker 5: I have to emphasize I don't have willpower. That's why I do it. That's why I download No, That's why I downloaded an app that like scolds me because I have a lot of guilt. No willpower, but a lot of guilt. So if I have an app that scolds me, makes me feel guilty, like a real piece of shit, then I'll actually do it.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's says? Do you?
Speaker 5: You're a real piece of shit?
Speaker 1: Katie?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I need to I need to go call my parents.
Speaker 5: AI is gonna use the voice of my parents to be like, Oh, is that is that how you're spending your evening? Really? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 6: I like we I like that we don't use it to like heal our inner children by using it to tell us that it loves us. We're like, recreate the toxic environment.
Speaker 5: Weapon is the shame. Get to do what you want to do?
Speaker 1: Make me feel bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is uh? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Man, I've tried for years to get on board with this, but I think I'm done with buying, nurturing and watching house plants die. I think I'm just done with plants because they just always fucking They just immediately start getting sicker and sicker as soon as I take them home. They attract they attract bugs. When out of town, I have to have a friend over. It's just too much work and I suck at raising them. So I think might I might be out on the pandemic plant.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's I'm hearing. I'm hearing what you're saying, and I'm hearing you go, come on, get out of here right anyway that you die.
Speaker 4: It's a situation. But I mean, I don't know how much more love and attention can I give these things and they just wilt, They immediately will. It's suppressing.
Speaker 1: I mean, even in the canopy jungle of your room.
Speaker 4: I know, if they can't survive here, they can't they can't make it anywhere.
Speaker 6: I also feel that it might be the widely vastly fluctuating temperature probably killing them and also partially you at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like your room is like the surface of mercury. It's like it's freezing. It's zero celsius.
Speaker 4: I'm certainly not blaming the plant. I'm certainly not absolving myself. I've not been a good father figure to these guys. Yeah, almighty, some of us just aren't cut out for it.
Speaker 6: Maybe you need to be like a step dad to a plant first, and then that'll ease you back it. You can adopt a plant.
Speaker 4: If I could got another household to raise the plant to maturity, then I could come in and take it to go to see baseball games. That would be ideal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just fostering. Fostering a plant situation. Maybe you could be the friend who's watering other people's plants when they're out of town.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I can dig that. Yeah, you're not the step plant dad, you're the plant dad that stepped that's right, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plants are temperamental I've had varying levels of success, Like California. Southern California is like I went from Missouri to New York to Southern California, and I tried Missouri, and I tried to have a garden in Missouri, and I was very unsuccessful. New York didn't even bother like other than like a couple of orchids that lasted a week or so, and then oh orchids. I I am known in the orchid community. It's like an I am legend situation in the orchid community. Spoiler alert for the end of that movie. But yeah, they they know about me and run when I enter a room. And then Southern You come to Southern California and you just like drop an apple by accident, and like a tree is growing there the next day. It's just like the most just a verdant place in the world, fertile, verdant, other vocabulary.
Speaker 6: Words, the verdant crescent.
Speaker 1: So California, that's right. Yeah, So I recommend moving to southern California.
Speaker 4: That might be the easiest lot of problems move across the country. There you go, window, that's true.
Speaker 1: It does they do love a sorbet out here, because everybody's vegan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to say that. Actually, it's a nice vegan option for me. When people want to go get ice cream and I'm like, but I want to beted or like at a at a restaurant they have sorbet often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has anre.
Speaker 1: What pre dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's three globes of ice. Please. I don't want to. I don't want to. Let's give me three globes.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about the news and we're back, like, how's everybody doing with the election? Like I'm I'm the fear is on me, I said, for like a couple of weeks. Now the fear is on me. I'm just like having flashbacks to twenty sixteen, reading a bunch of shit about like how the polling can go as in the past, like vastly underestimated Trump. I'm like oscillating between that and then being like, if Trump loses, maybe this is it because his brain so bad. Maybe the whole like open fascism thing will will be gone. But how are you guys feeling? Is everybody hanging in there?
Speaker 4: It feels like we really we like Blake and I. We went from like six months out to three weeks out. It seemed like it was. It just came down the pike real quick, and I was like, oh, the rubbers being the road here, and yeah, I think I think what you're what you're talking about is like kind of my anxiety where it's like the more you read, the less calm you feel, because you just keep on getting all these like contradictory you know, op eds you see and like they'll can you know, I'm very malleable in my opinions. So like any ear if I was like, yo, like oh, Harris is a lot for Michigan, Like great, it's in the bag. We're done. And then like it's like like, oh, these polls are all nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michigan's over. Yeah, kiss, Michigan can buy assholes Trump Country.
Speaker 4: The best thing I've been doing for myself is just trying to remind myself.
Speaker 1: That, uh, nobody knows anything.
Speaker 4: Nobody knows anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And by by saying your opinions are very malleable, that's because you're still an undecided Like yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, Well I'm still pretty much in the bag for Cornell West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that where did that. What happened?
Speaker 4: God damn, he's still going straw man.
Speaker 7: He can he got a victory and uh what what what's the state you can win?
Speaker 4: Alaska?
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's unfortunately. So I think one of the big things that we know is going to be an issue is the like, what is going to happen at the polls on election day. This was a big concern heading into the twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Election, handing out comedy flyers at the election day, I will.
Speaker 1: Be barking, bring your friends, I'll.
Speaker 6: Bring a QR code for my Instagram.
Speaker 4: Should leave.
Speaker 6: They're going to be in line.
Speaker 4: Having assault rifle as well as that.
Speaker 1: Yeah show, that's yeah. I mean that you'll fit in better if you have an assault rifle. I remember having these concerns heading into the twenty twenty election, and that was before they staged an insurrection to try and overturn the results of that election. So, and by the way, Trump has recently gone on record referring to the people who were aded on January sixth, says, we like we and we were very peaceful. So that's unnerving, And I think it's just one of the big questions concerns surrounding this election, Like, first of all, how safe will it be for them? Second of all, will there actually be any read that first question about how safe it's going to be? Will anybody actually want to do this job? Because there is a massive shortage in poll workers owing to a mass exodus in twenty twenty caused by the pandemic first of all, and then countless Trump inspired threats and intimidate campaigns like that. It was ugly in twenty twenty. Like there I still remember like some of those scenes in like Detroit where there was just like massive crowds of Trump supporters like chanting stop the count outside of God. Yeah, yeah, they're talking about that. They're talking about the count from Sesame Street.
Speaker 6: He's an immigrant, Get him out of here.
Speaker 1: What's he doing in this election?
Speaker 6: I'm going to the job.
Speaker 4: I want to stop the count.
Speaker 1: The shortage is pretty understandable since more than half of election officials have reported being concerned about the safety of their colleagues or staff already this year. Because yeah, there it's just there's constant like threats. There's a lot of like right wing training happening. So yeah, it's it's not just that like concerns that voting sites will be understaffed. There's also like right wing conspiracy theorists. Theorists are actively trying to use the shortage to install their own pole watchers, as you know, workers in swing.
Speaker 6: States who will watch the watchers.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so they will watch the watchers.
Speaker 6: They're going to watch.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, all these factoids you're dropping here are not making me feel any better.
Speaker 1: But I know it's not well, yeah, feeling good.
Speaker 6: Well, let me just wreck that for you, right hey, let me check.
Speaker 4: My local high school gymnasium is not at.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, and I feel like that's I don't know, it feels like a tangible thing at least, but it's like a very scary one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They keep in these like places where they're recruiting and training right wing pole watchers. They're talking about acting as a spy or a trojan horse. That's literally how like a Christian right influencer described his plan.
Speaker 4: So dress yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: Specifically what happened. There was there was a usc like there. Their football team is called the Trojans. There's like all their sports teams are called the Trojans. And they had like a warm up video this year where they were like pretending to be in the trophy, Like they showed a Trojan horse and then like showed themselves and it's like, wait, no, you guys are the Trojans, Like you're the Trojan horse. Foled you it was a gift to the Trojans.
Speaker 4: Well, these football players aren't much on book learning.
Speaker 1: They're not they're not history majors. But anyways, that's what the Christian Rights planning to do. There are safeguards that would prevent these workers from interfering in the electoral process, but their presence will probably lead to, at the very least a lot of misinformation, which you know is what we're seeing happen, a lot of like just with her things that straightforward as hurricane relief, you know, just sure Trump and JD vance seating hurricane as information.
Speaker 6: What does training entail, like, like what does it mean? Are they are they getting trained in martial arts?
Speaker 1: Like what they do? Yeah, you've seen those videos of.
Speaker 6: It's going to like train them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a desert they're doing the the monkey bars and then firing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all these elderly polls are at kicking kicking some serious ass come.
Speaker 1: To I'm guessing it has very little like physical training and more just like here's where to apply, and here's how to make your presence felt even though you're not supposed to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Here's how to use a voting machine that's made in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Right, So people the states have been death brick to hire new poll workers because of this, and they're so desperate, in fact, that in Kentucky they've been putting QR codes on beer cans and wine bottles, allowing people to easily sign up to be poll workers and then presumably it's too late to back out of it once.
Speaker 4: That really is something you wake up like, oh my god, I'm doing I'm doing what this week? Why do I ever agree to make plans?
Speaker 6: That is crazy that they're trying to get drunk people to sign up, because they're like, only drunk people would be would be willing to put their bodies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know who loves waking up early on a weekday, alcoholics top of the crack of dawn. They'll be out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure we'll have the best. Just election day won't happen because nobody shows up. Yeah, Nebraska is allowing counties to draft workers to fill election vacancies, sort of. How we do jury duty? Yeah? Paid though, right, yes they do. How well they get paid is another question.
Speaker 4: That seems to be the solution right there. Just give them more money.
Speaker 6: Okay, but we don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, okay no.
Speaker 6: And also we're going to take away whatever healthcare you have, so.
Speaker 1: They're apparently turning to child labor in this worker shortage.
Speaker 6: Children yearn for the pools.
Speaker 1: They do, so all the young Ruffians with their tiktoks and Sony Discman's is that right?
Speaker 6: I walk into the tar pits right now.
Speaker 1: You know, the ones that the very people who are fueling the rise of Trump, like the boomers et cetera, like, already hate so much, just NonStop, like it's their favorite thing is to complain about them. Those people are going to be like a sea of those of these children are going to be awaiting the boomers at the polls according to this plan, which I feel like would would be the equivalent of like a bunch of people with ars, Like they would be there to make the boomers feel safe, but then the children would just they wouldn't know what to do. They'd be pretty furious.
Speaker 7: It's a bad situation where you have like some stone seventeen year old like like counting ballots or being entrusted in carrying a box of ballots to someone's car.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, did you ever like have to do like high school like fundraising work for I think I did it for my basketball team where we like worked at parking lots of like a fish show or like. It was just like they were just having just grab high school students and be like, yeah, you're doing child labor, but you're doing it for this program that needs money to like pay for gas to go to like the next away game.
Speaker 4: So you just went up to people with like nitrous balloons there.
Speaker 1: Exactly like worked a bingo hall where you couldn't like see three feet in front of your face from the cigarette smoke. Just like you know, just stuff like jobs that could have been staffed by people and paid for. They were just like, no, we'll just throw these children at it. And it feels like that is the level, like the lowest level of like employment that you could possibly have, is like we'll just make high school kids do it because they will think it's like good for their resume. That's like how it's being pitched to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I worked on the last day of American democracy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. But it's actually had like all over the country officials they're actively recruiting high school students to become pole workers. And while my aren't allowed to become poll workers in every in every state, a loophole allows for it as long as they're pre registered to vote.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be a whole group of like weird in cell dudes who haven't memorized, like the ages that they're allowed to be poll workers state by state.
Speaker 1: In some cases they're paid just like regular poll workers, which I don't think as much because in other cases they're simply asked to work for free pizza because the gig is such a quote resume booster. So surely the solution to this national emergency is not to treat election workers even worse. But that does seem to be the direction that we're going with it.
Speaker 6: I think it actually might be a good thing, because imagine you go with your like ar whatever to the polls, you're this angry Republican and then a fucking teager just roast the ship out of your shoes, Like, what are you going to do? You know what I mean, you're armed, but disarmed, you know, like, there's nothing crueler than a teenager who has something to prove.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a person with a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of hard to make fun of the shoes of people who are carrying ars.
Speaker 4: But nice gun loser.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna shoot me, you bitch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mug getting shot shot out in exchange for two slices of Domino's pizza.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's I mean, it seems like a bad idea in terms of just like accomplishing the thing you're looking for. It also seems cruel when you keep in mind that, like, the reason there's a shortage of poll workers the first place is due to widespread harassment, and we're like, we'll just throw some miners.
Speaker 4: You know, throw some miners with the problem and.
Speaker 1: The fact that they're actually like that, they're even selling it as this is valuable life experience if you engage with like a disaffected voter who's mad at you, like this is a quote for Caswell students. Dealing with the occasional frustrated voter can be a valuable job skill experience. She said. One of the people, Oh my god, I was speaking in favor of this plan. It's not the same talking about it in a classroom as it is with a stranger who's coming in yelling at them. She said, they have to learn this is a real this is real life. This happens. If I work at McDonald's, somebody might get mad, whether they're right or wrong. It's a valuable on the job training to learn.
Speaker 6: About suffering and danger because later I will also experience suffering and danger.
Speaker 4: Right, those scam life experiences, right, every bad thing that happens to you, that's valuable life experience.
Speaker 6: It's exposure.
Speaker 4: Exposure and life experience are the same boat here. Yeah, I exposed to a mad man with a gun.
Speaker 6: I one hundred percent would have done this to be in like the Honor Society or something like. I would have been one of the kids they duped. I would have been like, yeah, I'll go, I don't care, I'll it's good to add to my resume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good to add to my resume. Just covers so much bullshit. It's I know, they can get you to do anything, and nobody knows. There's like no way to fact check that. Yeah, So I mean django as you said earlier, the easiest thing to do would be to pay poll workers like the essential workers they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll you'll have to pay them once a year. Two. For the record, this is a yeah.
Speaker 1: Some poll workers make less than ten dollars an hour, which seems like it's too low. I'm not illegal, but maybe not in some state, right, but yeah, well you convert that to pizza, and so now we're doing conversions of dollars into pizzas, which is good math experience.
Speaker 6: You know, if you spend a fraction of your life working at the polls, yeah, how much?
Speaker 1: Well you have left a number of states have enacted new election worker protections, but the federal response has just been, I don't know, not great. They put together a special Federal Election Threats task Force, which has resulted in seventeen total charges. There's been over two thousand reports of threats and harassment to election workers and since the task force was created in twenty twenty one, but only one hundred of those were even investigated because, like a lot of you know, government enforcement agencies, they are drastically understaffed and underfunded. And then they're like, well, the government sucks at their job, and I was like, well, you put like three people on a thing that requires a full company is worth of people.
Speaker 4: It sounds like they need to hire some teenagers for the investigation.
Speaker 1: I know exactly, kid detected. I mean, if movies have taught me anything.
Speaker 4: Encyclopedia Brown would get to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Thank you, exactly. All right. Anyways, so don't be worried about the intangible things that you can't control. Be worried about all the tangible things that you can't really can't control unless you want to volunteer to be a poll worker, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, ask you ask your children if they want to.
Speaker 6: Do you know where your kids are getting the ship getting out of them at the pole?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: God, what a time man when they used to just have an ad at night at like ten o'clock being like, hey, you you have kids. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Wait all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And there was a moment in the nineties that it seems like neither of you remember.
Speaker 6: We're both too young and beautiful. We can't remember.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Moisturized in our lane, I don't remember moodang practices.
Speaker 1: So John F. Kennedy Junior. This is this is kind of a thing that has been I feel like a bit memory hold. But he was just unless you watch Steinfeld, he was just so famous for being hot and like everybody just wanted to fink him.
Speaker 6: So I remember him because my mom has huge crushes on like attractive presidential like men. She was obsessed with Bill Clinton, she was obsessed with jfk Junior. I'm like, I remember my mom being like horny for him in the nineties.
Speaker 1: There's this profile of him back in the day that where they're like it's about the launch of George, and the person writing the profile is just so actively hostile towards everyone who is not John Like they're like when he enters the room, like it becomes John F. Kennedy Junior in like bright colors and then a couple of gray blurs behind him, and like the gray blers are actual people who like run the magazine. He's just the writers just like, yeah, they're they sucked comparatively. That's just how much you want to fuck this guy when you're in the same room with him. They don't I love him, that's right.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at a picture of him. I see it I see it. There's one of them with his shirt off and he's just got like sort of a solid like tee of hair, like from his belly button up like under his nips. It's just like sort of a pretty He.
Speaker 6: Could have been a movie star. I could see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently wasn't act.
Speaker 5: Do they do they let them have that kind of body here anymore though, because I feel like it's all marble.
Speaker 1: Smooth now, and that that's one of the problems with America.
Speaker 6: If you have why they kill him.
Speaker 5: That's why they killed him. A Marvel Maandscape.
Speaker 1: So JFK. Junior passed away in the nineties. The magazine was just basically a match a match of the two things he was like kind of known for, and it didn't really make sense other than that he had like this like sexy media image, capital to spend, and so he was like, Okay, I'll do a politics magazine that's sexy. And so they would have like Sandy Crawford addressed as George Washington on the cover.
Speaker 6: And this the image of that is insane, Like I cannot get over because we joke about like Halloween costumes, like sexy Abraham Lincoln and this bitch was doing that in the nineties.
Speaker 5: It's it's pretty good. It does make me down bad for George Washington, which isn't expected.
Speaker 1: It is the hottest George Washington has ever been.
Speaker 5: It is the hottest George Washing has ever been. And yeah, that's uh. You know, our founding, our founding fathers could could be in a pornography. And that is exciting to me. Our founding, our founding batties, our founding batties.
Speaker 1: So The New York The New York Times recently reported that the rights to the magazine were scooped up a few years ago by a little known conservative lawyer named Thomas D. Foster, and now it has become an extreme right wing publication with a QAnon devotee as editor in chief, and in fact QAnon is kind of the only reason the magazine was able to come back because of the belief among QAnon that JFK. Juner is still alive. I mean we all believe this, right, I don't have to fil Yeah, yeah, he's still alive, secretly working with Trump, and he's going to come back and reveal the storm or whatever the fuck you Andon believes, and reveal the detapes.
Speaker 5: No one with that amount of chest hair could actually physically die. I don't believe that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: It's I am disappointed in this magazine because like the cover is so boring. It just looks like sort of a discount version of Oprah's. Oh it's just like George and sort of this plain font and then like a giant Q. Like I feel like there's just gonna be a book recommendation for you know, kind of like the.
Speaker 1: New The new cover is just a big George, just a big G or a big George with a giant Q on it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: They could have made Cindy Crawford dress as like sexy Hitler if they're gonna go right wing, But why they get boring like this. It reminds me of those like tweets about how like graphic design has ruined the aesthetic of everything and like minimized everything and taken away its personality. I'm like, this is so like sterile of an image, you know, yeah, it looks like shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want the maximalism of a Ben Garrison cartoon where everything is labeled, the pectorals and butts everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that used to be how the right communicated was just with the most convoluted political cartoons, you know.
Speaker 5: Fortunately, it seems like the Kid's version is going for the maximalism though, because there's the George Junior ones that is just littered with various themes and things like what are the Northern Lights, which I assume like, who was Thomas Jefferson, What does he accomplish? How to be grateful? What are the Northern right? What are the Northern Lights? I'm assuming the last one is about how like Jews have created giant magnets that are to suck the coins right out of your pockets, and those cause the Northern lights. Yeah, plus make your own rock candy?
Speaker 1: Right, make your own rock candy is in there. The editor in chief is somebody who has suggested that old issues of George contained messages from JFK. Junior, blowing the lid off corruption, both from the past and to the future. He's also previously promoted the adrenochrome theory, which states that all the popular celebrities are killing children and drinking their adrenochrome.
Speaker 5: But yeah, is adrenochrome.
Speaker 1: It's like a chemical as far as I know, and this could be incorrect. I don't know. I never fact checked my favorite que writers. But it's like a chemical your body releases when it's about to die and then like they just like drink it.
Speaker 5: Oh, is it like good for your skin?
Speaker 6: It says on Wikipedia it's the oxidation of adrenaline and it was a subject of limited research from the nineteen fifties to the nineteen seventies as a potential cause of schizophrenia. While it has no medical application, there is a derivative that is a hemostatic medication.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, just changes your blood pressure.
Speaker 1: They also have lessons and teamwork from Daniel Boone, noted slave owner Daniel Boone, or fashion advice from the Apostle. All that's that's in George Jr.
Speaker 5: What would Apostle Paul like just ropes the sandals and like row Apostle Paul.
Speaker 6: Mark loincloth all all the way into middle parts? Okay, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Did have great hair. If you look at some of the paintings.
Speaker 6: From back then, his bag that was attached to a stick was a Louis baton.
Speaker 5: The Zoomers did bully me into adopting a middle part again.
Speaker 6: I've tried it and it is fun. Yeah, I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's looking good kid. By the way, middle part, thank you well, thank you, good job zoomers, your.
Speaker 6: Mission accomplished, fixed one of us.
Speaker 1: And then over the weekend we we've got a bo report box office report. Things continue to still be not baffo for Joker, Folly Adieu and.
Speaker 6: I watch It's Gonna be French for a Friend of your Anus or something. I watched the trailer for it, and I'm so fucking bored. I'm like, how did you make Lady Gaga boring? I don't understand how they managed to do this. I'm like, what is the point of watching? I don't understand from the trailer what the point of the movie is. It's a musical, right, but what is.
Speaker 1: The director seems to think that he's inventing a musical as he's doing it, because he was like, it's not a musical. It's a movie where the characters break into song when they have something emotional that they can't express Otherwise.
Speaker 5: It's all about the songs they don't break into.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard of Bollywood at all, my guy, come.
Speaker 1: On, right, No, he absolutely has not.
Speaker 6: But I don't understand the plot because it's just like them singing and then putting on makeup and walking down the steps. Okay, we get it. The Joker is gay. We all understood that before we all understood this was musical theater.
Speaker 1: What is the point he's like twisted? Actually, when you think, oh, a little bit twisted?
Speaker 5: Now, hang on, hang on, hang on, Are you saying he's a little messed up?
Speaker 1: Because that might be a little bit messed up?
Speaker 6: Is he all messed up?
Speaker 5: Because I'm a little interested in this movie?
Speaker 6: Do we live in a society?
Speaker 5: Is he see a little bit of a anti social kind of guy? Because I'm into that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And there's a way in which one could argue that we live in a society where one could say, anyways.
Speaker 5: You exist in the contents, in the content, all of which in which you are coconut, and a society.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember we were so charmed that movie Joker. So it's been out two weeks. The first one made like literally a billion dollars. Uh, they were expecting big things. It is now in fourth place after two weeks. It's it did really badly its first week. It was like one of the lowest performing Conic Book movies of all time, and it's second week, it fell harder. It is the worst decline in history for a comic book movie. So from a like worst ever start to the worst decline ever in the history of conic book movie.
Speaker 6: I just love that this makes me feel like vindicated for everyone who's like a fan of Andrew Tait. Somehow, I'm just like, somehow this made me win over them, Like this failing.
Speaker 1: Right in your face Tait fans, although I think they didn't even go to see it because they're are no woman what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're very Yeah, it's like they want they want all the Joker with none of the bubas. But it's like the whole Harley Quinn thing I think is there's been it's been come out of a little lot of ingles.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: There's the there's the cartoon version of where it's supposed to kind of be an update. There's the older cartoon version of her in the old animated series. There's always this dynamic of she's like kind of an abusive ish relationship with the Joker. And then there's also like the the movies, I guess the one with Jared Leto and you know, like it's it's always about the sort of like, hey, like they're both kind of messed up, but it's sort of an abusive relationship or code dependent or relationship.
Speaker 6: The tape fans are back yet they're like, now, wait a minute, is.
Speaker 5: He a little twisted? Is he a little abusive? We got some we got some red flags over here. Yeah, I just I don't really know. I mean, I don't know. I kind of agree with you. Polovia seems kind of boring to me. It's like, oh, he's like kind of crazy, but she's like into that. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: One trail already. Yeah, I was a teenager. I remember that being like, oh wow, you know, like, oh he's kind of bad moody, that makesho much.
Speaker 6: I remember feeling that about it. JFK Junior, I remember those emotions.
Speaker 1: That's so in case you want to blame it on clowns, do not, because the number one movie this weekend was Terrifier three, which is a horror movie that was released without a rating. It's so fucked up this, Oh.
Speaker 5: Wow, but I thought, wait, wait, wait, wait wait clowns are funny, though. Yeah, they're funny, and you have them at parties. They're sweet and fun. They are makeup puppies. Okay, yeah, they wear big shoes, they make balloon animals. I don't understand how they could be scary.
Speaker 1: They are. So I have a loose theory that, like, you can tell how good the box office for a movie is going to be based on how many people dress up as like that thing for Halloween, and like mice six year old only knows clowns as horror movie like scary things based on just like how many people come to our house for Halloween for trigger treating dressed as like the scariest fucking clown you've ever seen.
Speaker 5: So I think good clown representation.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's like Patch Adams and people are like, fuck you, yeah, we haven't had a good clown in a while. Even like Ronald McDonald is just grimacest friend at this point.
Speaker 6: Ronald McDonald is a participant in the US imperialistic cause.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not wrong, and that's.
Speaker 6: The scariest clown of all. Okay. I think horror is having such a fun moment right now, and I love it. I'm like so happy that there's like all these horror movies that are throughout the year too.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at Terrifire three on Google Images, it appears to be a clown Santa who is covered in a sort of red substance that is either menstruation or blood of another kind.
Speaker 1: M he's fun, it's just horny. He's just a freak. It's menseration. He's just hey.
Speaker 5: You know what it's like if you look. Fellas, don't be squeamish day everyone, ladies, fells.
Speaker 1: This is our pivot to the joke to take over the Joe Rogan audience. Fellas, Fell'll be squeamish.
Speaker 5: A very much about menstruation, especially if you're a scary Santa clown. Yeah, your suit's already read, so get right in there.
Speaker 1: Because the movie is set at Christmas and features scenes of art, the clown dressed as Santa Claus. A Christian group in Kansas City protested the Satanic Santa, which obviously, like never a bad look for horror movies, to the point that I have to assume like the makers of this movie were just like sending chain emails to people at this church, and like, man, somebody should do something about this movie.
Speaker 6: I know I would start holding precedents at these churches.
Speaker 5: Has anyone ever done like an evil Jesus movie, Like Jesus, but he's an evil clown.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're actually going to cut that out of the episode so that we can go right that together.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, he throws his crown of thorns like a boomerang and stabs people's eyes out.
Speaker 1: It's always it's always just like right off of that, you know. It's like the all the Exorcist movies and stuff like that. It has all the iconography, but it's much more subtle.
Speaker 5: No one's ever no one's ever had the balls to do any Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jesus bad question mark question Mark at eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who would Jesus kill?
Speaker 6: Jesus is like so twisted and dark. I could fix him.
Speaker 1: Totally. When he's in the desert, he is having thoughts.
Speaker 6: I hope we get protested. I hope this episode gets protested.
Speaker 1: We should only be so lucky. All Right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world de Miles. He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend, and I will talk to him Monday. Bye.