Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Day Podcast. It's Brick and Jeffrey. We've got a new episode. Textual healing is just when a listener writes us and has an issue where they just don't know how to respond. You know, they're kind of at a dead end, and so this person needed our help and it is a doozy. We're gonna get to that in just a second. But comments, yeah, Gil Ferguson said in all caps, OMG, I'm out of episode.
Speaker 2: I've been binging for eight months and I'm finally caught up. What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Work? Now? Work? Ew Well, listen. We always have our full show podcast too.
Speaker 1: If yes, if you're that type of glutton for punishment, you can get a full full hour of this, kay, Or go to our socials at Brick and Jeffrey and just stalk us there, go way back.
Speaker 2: Keep scrolling. We got you, Gil, We got you all right. Your brand new episode for Gil starts now.
Speaker 4: We all know the answer for how to handle a really bad breakup?
Speaker 1: Oh girls, nus, how you do it?
Speaker 4: One evening out with strong, poor drinks and weak minded men, and you will be forgetting all of your problems. But what do you do if the person who's dumping you is way more important than any dumb boyfriend ever could be. Oh No, one of our listeners says, that's exactly the position that she's in after she got one text from somebody she thought was a really close friend, and now she's wondering, how do I even respond to it? Was how you doing Brook? No, Remember, it's not that kind of breakup, but it may still help. I don't think so. You're gonna hear it in a brand new textual healing coming up next, Textual Healing Textual Welcome to Textual Healing, the segment where we take your so called complicated life problems and instantly fix them for you with one simple text message. Yes, it is that easy, because we help you craft the perfect message to make all of your issues and problems melt away like a tasty handful of off brand xanax. That's what we do for you.
Speaker 1: It feels too good to be true, Jeff, like you've forgotten all the other textual healings that we've done.
Speaker 4: But maybe it's the handful of xanax that I just took. But we do have a woman on the phone right now. I don't know anything about her, not even her name. I just have a note here saying this is a last second, emergency, desperate situation that she's in and she would really like our help with it. So hello listener, welcome to the show. Who are you hi?
Speaker 5: This is Janelle and I would really appreciate some help. I got a really upsetting text and it sort of feels like I've lost my best friends. Not twice, but it feels that way to me.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, o Brook. First of all, you need to calm down a little bit, because she said it's like her best friend, not her actual best I have.
Speaker 2: Like twelve best friends. Okay, they are all equally important.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no time to brag about that stuff.
Speaker 1: What's best friends are integral to a happy life.
Speaker 4: But she said, is this an actual friend of yours or it's just friend adjacent? What is going on?
Speaker 5: It is a friend, but it's a professional relationship as well. So basically I got fired by my hair stylist.
Speaker 2: Is that the text?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Can I ask? Is that the text that you just got?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I got a last night and she basically told me she doesn't want me as a client anymore.
Speaker 4: No, Oh my god, that's my dream.
Speaker 5: Air.
Speaker 2: Yes, she told me I can't come back.
Speaker 4: What did you do with Janelle?
Speaker 6: I did nothing, and I don't understand because I always kip her really well, I'm sweet to her.
Speaker 3: We get along. I've been seeing her for about six years.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wait wait, did you bad mouth or behind were back somewhere? Because I'm sorrying hairstylists or the queen of gossip, they know everything that's happening all time.
Speaker 3: This was out of nowhere.
Speaker 6: Well, we didn't even have an appointment.
Speaker 5: Scheduled or anything, but said it said. Let me read it to you verbatim. Hi, I've really enjoyed our time together, but I don't think i'd like to take you on as a client any longer period.
Speaker 4: Did you put an emoji like a tear eye emoji at least?
Speaker 2: No, not like Smiley and the girl hair flipping.
Speaker 5: Hey, this sounds no hair emoji, nothing.
Speaker 6: So I have not responded to get because I didn't know how to even take this.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, Well, it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you're feeling upset and like let down, even more like she sounds devastated to me.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's really hurt my feelings because again, when as I said in the beginning, like I consider this woman a.
Speaker 4: Friend, you know, well, I pay my friends too, so I get that fee.
Speaker 2: No, my hairs.
Speaker 1: I've been with my hairstylist for over a decade and she is a friend of mine, competition friend. No, if I got that text message, I would also, like I would be beside myself. And it's not just because I couldn't find someone else to cut my hair, Like, that's not it.
Speaker 2: It's like it is.
Speaker 1: Such an intimate relationship with your hairstyle.
Speaker 5: Is like you share it. I really confide it in her, Okay, And I'm wondering if I should be taking this personally.
Speaker 2: Oh you should, well, okay, hairstylists don't do anything that's not personal.
Speaker 7: And to be I've never heard of them losing a client, Like it takes forever to build a client list and to have a consistent amount.
Speaker 4: So for her to say I don't want your business, it's pretty big. Yeah, there's got to be some sort of explanation and she's not providing it. It seems like that's what you're going for here, Janelle. You want to ask her, what's the reason I want to.
Speaker 5: Respond in like the right way without seeming like I'm flying off the handle, like, oh, you really hurt my feelings? How dare you?
Speaker 3: What did I do?
Speaker 4: That was going to be my exact thing?
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to like craft this in the right way my response, which is why I haven't responded yet, which is why I'm.
Speaker 4: Asking, Okay, we can tell that you're very clearly emotional about this, but we're going to do our job and get you some textual healing right now. Help you have the right message to her to figure out politely how to ask the reason why she's letting you go from her client list now. I don't have an idea because I personally don't ever see the same hairstylist I.
Speaker 7: Avoid that sad relationship with women in their heir souse sometimes is even deeper. I can understand.
Speaker 4: I would defer to Brook or possibly Alexis for the first thoughts here.
Speaker 2: I think you should.
Speaker 1: I think you should lead with humor honestly, because like, what if what if you're reading it wrong for some reason? I don't know how you can miscann through her message?
Speaker 2: But what if you just said, my roots weren't that bad? Last appointment? Were they you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, I say, like, I promise I didn't use box color.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, I swear I didn't cut my own bags before I saw you.
Speaker 4: That's an option. Or you could also play the pity card and be like, are you sure because I had three of my dogs run away this week. Also, my dad says he wants to redivorce my mom.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That's also kind of funny. Work on a hairstyle.
Speaker 4: In that chair, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: What if you lean into what Alexis is saying with the gossip and be like, no, you can't yet because I haven't told you what happened with X something talking about Oh.
Speaker 5: I like that just to intrigue her. I mean, I just wonder if there's something personal going on her and if that was like a little bit of humor might warm her up and.
Speaker 1: You'll be able to tell on her interest level if she wants to know the tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. So you're worried there's going to be something personal about you. What does the room think, Like, what are the percentage chances that this has something to do with something Janelle did? Or what's the percentage it's something not related to her going on in just the hairstylist Personal.
Speaker 1: Life Janelle Janelle nine percent.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I don't like to hear that, but I hate to say it. I think you guys, But the way she phrased it in her text is I don't think I'd like to take you on as a client any longer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is anyone else optimistic?
Speaker 4: There's a one percent chance he's.
Speaker 7: Intimidated by her, like, oh my god, that coat you were last time was so much better dressed than that.
Speaker 4: Do you think a one percent chance is optimism?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm optimistic.
Speaker 4: It's not your fault and has something to do with the weather.
Speaker 2: There always the prettiest girl. Yeahtimate. They're not intimidating, Okay.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your optimism, Jose Yeah, sorry for it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So we're obviously running out of time here. We need to get one text through. What are you going to write to your hairstylist, Janelle?
Speaker 5: I think I'm gonna go with the little gossip humor thing.
Speaker 3: Least, that's an attempt to.
Speaker 5: Diffuse the situation a little bit with humor.
Speaker 1: And remind her that you guys are friends. I mean it's a reminder that you're more connected than just the client relationship.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: So we are officially out of time now, So Janelle, you're gonna have to go ahead and text that message to her on your own about I have gossip for you. You have to hear it, and then we'll come back and hopefully she's responded to it and you've reeled her back in when we do more textual healing with the hairstylist who fired you coming out right after this. Okay, we're in the middle of textual healing with our listener, Janelle, who had a professional and what she thought was a close friendship with her hairstylist of the past six years. The issue is last night she received a random text that said, I'm sorry, but you're fired. You cannot be my client anymore. Like we're not even her client.
Speaker 7: I feel like we all winced when he said this, like she.
Speaker 2: Was just canceling an appointment. She is canceling, yes, yes, And there was nothing else with it.
Speaker 4: No emoji's attached, no explanation for why. So Janelle turned around and urgently sent a message to our producer, and here we are trying to help her get an answer and maybe even get her hairstylist back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I'm gonna win. That's what we're gonna do. I'm fully confident.
Speaker 4: Nobody we never said that was a possibility in the first part. But I think Jose's relentless optimism came through, seeped through my clothing down into my heart. It did. It made me believe. So can they make her too happy?
Speaker 7: And she's like, I can't focus on anything else other than you leave.
Speaker 4: I'm using the optimism. Okay, so we don't even know what text message she actually sent. Janelle, what did you end up writing to your stylist after she said she's letting you go?
Speaker 5: Here's what I ended up sending her and she is typing back as we speak.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that means it's going to be a long one. What did you say?
Speaker 5: I said, are you sure? Because I have something juicy to tell you. It's about my mother in law.
Speaker 2: I know everybody wants to know the tea, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can always come up with some tea about my mother.
Speaker 1: Do you respond to that in a negative way? You're being fun and playful, even though that could be a really hurtful text message that she.
Speaker 5: Said, okay, okay, something has come through. Okay, waiting to hear this what that's exactly the problem. Your mother in law is my client.
Speaker 4: Now shut of you?
Speaker 2: The betrayal if she choose her.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how this happened.
Speaker 2: Do you have a backstabbing mother in law? Is this the problem? Did she go in there and stir some stuff up?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like the mother in law came in and started gossiping about you.
Speaker 5: I told my mother in law that I went to this salon, but I didn't even tell her that I saw this particular silence.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I guess I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Clearly there's a tension going on between the three of them of some sort. I mean, I think we're done with the pleasantries. You need to like go and say, like why why would you choose her?
Speaker 2: No, And you need to say what did my mother in law tell you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can we assume that that was yeah, clearly.
Speaker 2: In law talking.
Speaker 4: I mean, for any life, is you just assumed the mom in law is behind it?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna write why would you choose her over me?
Speaker 3: I'm typing now, okay, why would you.
Speaker 5: Choose her over me?
Speaker 6: I've been your client for six years.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, angry angry face emoji? No, not angry avery face three fists no.
Speaker 1: No, no emojis, no emojis, emojis, yes, I want to know what kind of bs that mother in law's.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, no emojis, just curse words.
Speaker 5: Okay, I sent it.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, I can't imagine what you're feeling right now.
Speaker 5: I've done it, and she's writing back already, so she's definitely on it, and we're going to see what she says.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, I am dying. I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is freaking me out.
Speaker 5: Okay, I came through.
Speaker 6: She right, Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: This is awkward.
Speaker 6: But he told me some interesting things.
Speaker 5: About you that don't line up with my values. So we should just say goodbye.
Speaker 4: What your mother in law gossiped to your stylist and said that your values are off.
Speaker 1: You've got to throw the mom in law under the bus. That's the only option right now.
Speaker 2: You You need to say this.
Speaker 1: You need to say values. Let's talk about values because that woman. Okay, and then whatever you need to say.
Speaker 2: Adiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they go low, you go low. That's right, law, let's undercut mom in law.
Speaker 5: I'm just sure what values is she saying don't align with yours?
Speaker 3: I would like to and I'm going to add on.
Speaker 6: Whatever she said to you it's a lie.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, and then say it doesn't matter. No, you let her know that you literally can't with this woman, that this woman is affecting. I mean, come on, a mother in law is getting you kicked out of your own hairstylist salon.
Speaker 5: I sent it.
Speaker 1: I sent it, and we got to do a whole other segment of you texting your mother in law.
Speaker 2: Next book is releasing of her.
Speaker 4: That's so excited for that segment.
Speaker 2: Hate that stuff.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 5: I did not even know my mother in law went there. This is like no good deeds, Like I recommended this salon to my mother in law. This is what I get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better be careful. You're gonna lose your dentist. You're gonna lose your dermatologists.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not recommending anywhere. I wouldn't recommend a grocery store to that woman.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh my god, this is oh my god.
Speaker 5: She texted back, Okay, all right, I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Oh, waiting to hear this, she says.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go into it, but in terms of how you treat people in the service industry, eg, no, tipping above fifteen percent.
Speaker 4: Your mother, your mother in law, said that about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, apparently she told my stylist, who knows that's how I champ already.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is not news.
Speaker 4: Wait for you don't believe in tipping above fifteen percent?
Speaker 5: Percent is pretty standard, and twenty percent is like really like weird, awfully.
Speaker 4: Over there not defending this, this is weird.
Speaker 2: I'm just processing, really, aren't you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I okay tips?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Five percent isn't it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, this is what this is what you're gonna do. If this is important to you, just be like, that is not true. I swear I will only tip you twenty percent from here on out.
Speaker 3: But it is true.
Speaker 6: I never sit more than fifteen percent, but I always tip.
Speaker 4: And she's known that, she's.
Speaker 2: Known that maybe she's been waiting to find an excuse to get rid of you. That I don't know that this is even the mother in law's fault anymore. Do you know?
Speaker 1: What probably happened is that your hairstylist was complaining to your mother in law about how.
Speaker 2: You don't tip, and the mother and law said, well, that's what she does. She never tips over fifteen percent.
Speaker 5: Do I fire my mother in law?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You got a tip more? You got a tip more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm sorry too. We are out of time for the segments, So Janelle, if you do want to fire your mother in law over text message, you can come back again.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was the mother in law's fault.
Speaker 4: Down your pro mom in law.
Speaker 2: I maybe went a little too hard too soon, Brook.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning, Brook, what happened there at the end to you know, you were one hundred percent on our listener's side the whole way, rallying the troops to go scorched earth on mother in laws all over the world, and then suddenly, whoop total one to eighty your pro mom in law.
Speaker 1: I just sometimes I may make choices before I have all the information.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not great.
Speaker 2: You know it's okay to say I was wrong.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's a rare thing for us to hear.
Speaker 2: I say it all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't be this opinionated and not also be okay to say and you're wrong.
Speaker 4: You can't do both, I will say.
Speaker 7: When she says, yeah, I never reaches my ears, she says it under a breath at her desk.
Speaker 4: Problem.
Speaker 2: No, I talked to Alexis about it, okay, I will say.
Speaker 4: The weirdest part was after the break, you went and bragged to our producer about how much you tipped to your stylist. Personally you did. They went in there and you said, it's all under the table, so quote the government can't get our money. Yeah, I heard it.
Speaker 5: I was in the.
Speaker 4: Room mortgage every month.
Speaker 1: He asked me how much I tip, and I told him yourself.
Speaker 4: You did have a smug look on your face though when you gave him the answer. But that's okay. You could tip as much or as little as you want. We're not here to judge your salary. Yeah, salary, but we can't always try to help you with the issues going on in your life. Reach out to the show, find us on email at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and subscribe to our podcast, Brook and Jeffrey