Speaker 1: I am all in. Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, then iHeartRadio podcast. It's the Gilmore Girls Gazette Bunhead's edition. This is episode two of Bunheads. What's the title of this episode? It's like something about Fanny.
Speaker 3: For Fanny and let's just say I finish. So I watched half the episode last night, and then this morning I finished the second half, and let's just say it was not on my bingo card that this morning, I was gonna wake up, watch this episode and cry my eyes out.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, same thing. I watched it last night and was crying again. So now I'm two for two on tears with Bunheads. Oh for two.
Speaker 1: This one. I did not cry for this episode.
Speaker 3: This one, I took out a tissue and I was like, Oh, I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe I started my morning with a cry. But it was a good episode.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about bun Heads now that you've got two episodes under your.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this, and it's probably not a popular opinion.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Button Foster is not cutting it for me.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's bothering you, Okay, that's totally fine.
Speaker 3: This episode, it's gonna it. She's starting to to make me really love her character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's where I like setting Foster in this Right when she's on the beach, I'm like, you know what felt real? I felt her pain. Yeah, there's parts where I don't like her, like when she's kind of trying to be goofy walking the dog and being goofy and tucking on the phone. I'm like, eh, like no, but I love her at the end.
Speaker 3: The whole, the whole end of this episode. I was like, all right, Sutton your you're pulling me in. You're pulling me in, and I just I don't know if the reason why I'm so skeptical is because I have such an attachment with Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop. I have such an attachment there that it's hard for me to see Kelly have another mother daughter relationship, even though it's a mother mother in law. But I totally get it, you know, I'm starting to get get into it.
Speaker 2: I totally get it, Like Lauren Graham is so in our soul that it's hard and Sutton Foster is not. Like, I just don't love the goofy stuff. Some of it's okay, but I like it much more when she's a little bit more anything to.
Speaker 3: Her stated lor LIAI and Lauren Graham's lor Lie is funny.
Speaker 1: So but it's just a different.
Speaker 2: And it's a little more sarcastic snarky. Yeah. Now, Kelly Bishop is fricking phenomenal. She's amazing. God, she's so good in this the breakdown scene.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of Emily Gilmour in this, though.
Speaker 3: I will say I found a lot of through lines and a lot of similarities. Just to not cut ahead, but kind of when they were talking about having a real life or a life size replica of Hubble or a tribute to and I'm like, oh my gosh, Richard's painting. I know, you know, found a lot of little through lines like that.
Speaker 2: So to start, I feel that the music is very gilmoury. I almost felt like it was, Okay, this is like some inside baseball. But we, Danielle and I have to create music. I mean, we don't create the music. We have an amazing guy who does it, but like we basically give him our inspiration and then he creates a song. I literally felt like that's what they did that. They're like, here's all you inspo. All the music from Gilmourt Girls now reads something that sort of sounds like this, but something kind of different, and that's what it feels like. Yeah, I literally says, la la la, la la la. I wanted the high school t shirts that said Paradise High School. I don't know if I can get that, but those were cute. And I love the girls. I love the young guy too, Like even when it's just the scenes with them and there's no Emily, there's no Emily.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: See that's gonna happen all the time. There's no Fanny, there's no Setton Foster. I like those scenes. Those are all of my fais, Like.
Speaker 3: The dancing scenes, they're at the top of my list. There are there's some of my favorite in when like even when Fanny is involved with the girls or Michelle, which is set in Foster is involved in the girl with the girls, Like in those scenes like at the end where Ston.
Speaker 1: Goes to the girls.
Speaker 3: You know, the girls are the glue to those because I think I would maybe be a little bit lost without them.
Speaker 2: And I'm obsessed with Sasha, which we'll I'm sure we'll talk about. But the one okay and Boom, well, Boo is the kid. They're all great. They're all great. So did the first episode have the opening credits? Like? Am I crazy? Or did that not come on till episode two? Like in this one it has the opening credits. There's sort of a ballet dance and then yeah, it zooms in on Sutton Foster. I did not remember that from episode one.
Speaker 1: I didn't either.
Speaker 3: I think you are correct, but we'll double we'll fact check that. I think it would be kind of Would it be weird to have.
Speaker 1: An opening credit on the first episode?
Speaker 2: No, not really, but they didn't do it. It was sort of sort of nice that they didn't. Fine, I commend the creative choice. I was speaking of the dancing. It was a little awkward for me when Sutton Foster had no music and was dancing by herself doing it was sort of like she was doing the dance she had taught the girls in episode one. That for me was I was glad it didn't last longer. I was like, I'm uncomfortable. I thought it was hilarious how all the girls got out of Pe because they all had their notes from ballet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that they can't They couldn't like do anything that would jeopardize their dancing.
Speaker 2: And none of them wanted to say the word hubble.
Speaker 1: Oh the look I was dying. They were like, yeah, that was I were.
Speaker 3: I guess the people that are listening to this won't see Amy and I are giving each other the look. The look.
Speaker 2: So the house just astounds me. It's sort of taken.
Speaker 3: It's it's insane clown pillow times sixty, so.
Speaker 2: Cluttery and crazy, and there's a thousand magnets and there's junk and clutter and weird stuff everywhere.
Speaker 3: What is with the with Amy, Shrimp and Palladino and wanting the houses to be like that?
Speaker 1: Because Lareli's house.
Speaker 2: She's kind of eclectic, Like if you ever see her fashion, she's sort of an eclectic woman, So maybe it's her taste, I will say. Unfortunately, I do have to say this, I do not like the fashion in this show like I did Gilmore Girls. The fashion is off for me. I'm not loving fannies fashion. I'm not loving this.
Speaker 3: Gray sweater just with the white tank top, although I do wearing tank top coming out yeah, purple on my TV and I didn't like it. That was the look back then though, that like you wear your tank top underneath whatever sweater or something, and the tank top shows like that's the l like the whole layering is the front tuck of this generation.
Speaker 2: It's just not feeling fashionable to me. He's not on into the fashion. I'm into the sets. The gazebo was beautiful.
Speaker 1: I love the ballet studio too.
Speaker 2: Which part the ballet studio? I just I love that. That's us. Sets are great, like the bars. Okay, so did you know who the bartender is?
Speaker 1: Who was that?
Speaker 2: I Henry? That's mitcham Huntsburger plays the ponytail.
Speaker 3: Top it stuff it right now. He is almost unrecognizable. I knew that I knew him, but I didn't know how.
Speaker 2: Oh heytail, he's got weird makeup. They really like change him. He might even have like a slightly different nose or if something with the makeup, they really change him. The hair ponytail right. Another really cool spotting in this episode is the actress Ellen Green.
Speaker 3: She is.
Speaker 2: Like an She's a great actress. She is from little shops.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I cannot get over that Mitchell with the bartender.
Speaker 2: I yeah, thank you, just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm just realizing that that's who it was.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So the other really cool spotting is, as I was saying, Ellen Green, so she is one of the friends. I guess she's called Wickan friend. She must be like a Wickan But she is the one that's making the naked statue, the Hubble naked sculpture. So she's like super recognizable from Little Shop of Wars and I feel like she was in this show called Pushing Daisies. Somebody needs to fact check that for me.
Speaker 3: Show that was a great show, three seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like she was maybe in that. But yeah, I know her first from she was the lead in Little Shop of Horrors, the movie, the one with Steve Martin and oh Man who played in Little Shop of Horrors. Who played I want to say it was Rick moranis but I might be wrong. So somebody fact checked me on both of those things. While we keep talking, there was some pop culture references, like a lot of talk about Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So they're talking all about Mark Wahlberg and we think they're referencing the departed. Truly was funny when she says, I blame you, and then it was like Sutton Foster says me too.
Speaker 3: I know, because there is a lot of like that's the elephant in the room, and I'm glad they addressed it. If Sutton Foster was not in Hubble's life and did not get married to him, he wouldn't have been in that car accident.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean I guess, Look.
Speaker 3: Granted, is it not her fault. Of course, it's not her fault. However, I can understand that they all feel that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Like this random lady from Vegas steals like the you know, the catch of the town, truly's true love and he dies. I mean it's just like what Okay, So I did have a weird moment. So basically, I think we go from that scene where she says I blame you and they're by the refrigerator to the Spanish class. The shot was so different from me that I thought there was a commercial. I was like, because I didn't reckon any of the characters right at the beginning of that scene until you see Boo, and I was just like, I don't know what's happening. And then all of a sudden, I'm like, oh, okay, they're getting her out of Spanish class and they're gonna go to the movies and YadA YadA. You know, we've got some quirky stuff. The airstream trailer guy that just gives her the.
Speaker 1: Dog to go on a wal yeah, which all right. I mean it's kind of Kenny's.
Speaker 2: Character in general was weird, you know, Rico.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that was freaking mitchem Now it just like I was replaying that scene in my head right now and I'm like I was trying to figure out who that was, and now it makes sense.
Speaker 2: The hair she says her name is Sophie Tucker, and I'm sure there's some sort of meaning to that that I didn't. They went over my head, but it's like she's such a new character that I was like, well, your name's Sophie Tucker, Like your name is Michelle. Like it was a little bit like I'm not ready for that. But Kelly's Kelly Kelly Bishops breakdown scene was incredible. That the dance the girls did incredible.
Speaker 3: It's just so much to that her saying well and before before they had the breakdown breakdown. She had a mini breakdown with Michelle and she was just saying, my heart is broken forever. I can do whatever I want, you know, And I just was like, like that just hurt my heart so bad because you felt it, you felt her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really done.
Speaker 3: And she was like, this is the one person that meant the most to me, Like my heart is broken forever, let me do what I want.
Speaker 1: And I felt that.
Speaker 2: And you're feeling Michelle's sort of pain, but yet awkwardness.
Speaker 3: Awkwardness it's in She's just it's so like that's.
Speaker 2: You know, you feeling that. I thought I love the cliffhanger again at the end of the episode where we see Hubble's friend Jerry, and we realized, dun, dun dunk, Why did he do that? Why did what?
Speaker 1: Like why did he leave everything too? Because it's his wife for a day?
Speaker 2: He loves her, that's the whole thing is like he was in it for real, this was his wife, Like he changed his will on the way back once they were married. And I just die And now we've got a show again because now you know now she owns everything.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I felt about it. I'm like, oh, can Fanny have something.
Speaker 2: Obviously she's gonna that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Here we go with the next episode because look, not a spoiler alert. We gotta give Michelle a real reason to stay, and now we have it, because otherwise Michelle would kind of leave and go back to Vegas or whatever.
Speaker 3: I did find it okay, so we kind of cut to but after the whole dance thing. Obviously that meant a lot to Fanny, and Fanny is really starting to accept Michelle. Yeah, yes, her saying this is my daughter in law to Jerry. Which is there some time between Jerry and Michelle.
Speaker 2: No, not yet, I mean not that I can remember. But the thing that's interesting is that.
Speaker 1: Jerry flirty flirt? Was it not?
Speaker 2: It was something like that.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Jerry's gonna did he Michelle's non fall in love with Jerry?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't remember, but what I do know is that it was Jerry was important because it really establishes too Fanny that this is not a whim for Hubble. He's been talking about her.
Speaker 1: For a year near the side.
Speaker 2: He knows everything about her like this, This is not I went to Vegas one day and married her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that has some signiff.
Speaker 3: And Jerry did say that, He's like, oh you have a size sine Jew. You know, he talked about you all the time. He really loved you. And yeah, that was That was a lot.
Speaker 2: And I have to say, I don't dislike this show. Like here's what I want to put this. Gilmour Girls is like way up here, right way way up here, but this is not that far down. Like you love gil I really think you will enjoy Bunheads. It has a lot of things in it that you love about Gilmore Girls. Yeah, oh you know there is one thing I don't want to forget. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. So you know when they go back to the studio and the girls are having sort of a tussle and yeah, that is a reference to Dirty Dancing, which starred Kelly Bishop as Baby's mother. She gets it from me. So that was a cute, little cheeky pop culture act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm in, I'm in. I'm into this series so flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember being so bummed when it was canceled, like truly, truly truly bombed, Like, oh I really wanted more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know some people have been messaging us like, hey, are they going to get hooked in and then be bummed because it's only one season? Yes and yes, but shout out to whoever wrote this. You should watch it anyway. Yeah, it's like, yeah, so what do I give it? What do you give it?
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm not writing it on a Gilmore scale. I'm writing it on a bun Head scale.
Speaker 1: Eight point five stolen dogs.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give it eight point five. Something that made me uncomfortable. Rico the bartender took the glass and put the glass in the ice, and you're never supposed to do that because I think you can chip the glass and then you get glass shards in your ice. That's why you must use a plast scooper and put the ice in. So it seemed like if you are a bartender, we goo, I think you would have maybe known that. Anyway, eight point five. We're both in agreement. So what's the next episode called?
Speaker 3: The next episode is Inherit the Wind, which obviously with the cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: Hair it right. Ye oh, all right, here we go, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm hooked I'm here, I'm ready. I'm ready for episode three.
Speaker 2: What's our bunheads out? Yeah, button heads out. We could just say bunheads.
Speaker 1: Out, bun heads out.
Speaker 2: It feels like we're still that from Seacrest, but bunheads out. What's got? Everybody?
Speaker 3: And don't forget? Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com