Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios. Podcasts. Radio.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report. Your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepkin. I'm joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Millay. Good morning, Chloe. Let's start with the software company SAP. Their shares are lower today. for a particular reason.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, it's kind of the entire sector that is a little bit weaker this morning. SAP being, of course, the main one because that's the big software company in Europe. But we are seeing this on some read across from the U.S. and some U.S. earnings. So, we had disappointing results yesterday from Intuit and Zoom. So, Intuit is a tax preparation software company and it fell quite a lot in the U.S. yesterday because of a weak outlook that according to analysts, really signaled disruption going forward for the company. And then Zoom also fell, but a little bit less dramatically, maybe, because the forecast for the third quarter was also softer than expected, despite an expanded product lineup for the company. That's all seen as not very encouraging for European software and the European software sector as a whole. So, we had companies like Sage Group, down quite a lot this morning. And then, of course, the big one being SAP, which was weighed down by this read across, but then also by a downgrade by UBS. So, not a great day overall for software in Europe. And this might revive some of those concerns that we had throughout the beginning of this year around AI displacement for those companies as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's SAP. Now to Applied Nutrition, the protein powder company bulking up its guidance.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of pun potential for those companies. But yeah, Applied Nutrition makes protein shakes, workout supplements, etc., It has upgraded its guidance, as you.
Speaker 2: Mentioned, this morning.
Speaker 3: So fiscal 2026, which ended in July, was ahead of expectations. It also expects a very strong 2027 and expects that to be ahead of estimates as well. And as I've mentioned, there was exceptional trading momentum and they expect it to continue going into this new financial year because the company is expanding in the U.S. market. It's also partnering with a bunch of new retailers. So, there's a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 2: There for further growth.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Apparel Nutrition is one of those big beneficiaries of this ongoing trend for protein. That has been driven both by kind of a general wellness trend with so many big food companies integrating more protein into their products and then also the rising uptake of GLP-1s kind of across the world. Another big beneficiary of that has been Galambia, which also is a bigger competitor to Applied Nutrition, also makes those protein shakes, workout supplements, etc., And earlier this month, they also raised its guidance on the back of this. So this is quite a niche sector with only really a couple of companies that are important to keep track of. But it's a really important sector. It's one that's doing very well at the moment. And Applied Nutrition has confirmed that today.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And lastly, Ambu, which is a medical devices company, lower after missing estimates. Tell us a bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, quite disappointing results from Ambu this morning. And that was followed by Nordea downgrading the company. And so, those disappointing results and that downgrade, that has led the shares sinking this morning. We're seeing a really, really massive drop. The main issue on the results was that there was a really big miss on profit, excluding tariff refunds. And so, that means that the company will need to really sort of step up to meet its guidance. And Nordea, which downgraded the stock, said that there were no signs of any inflection point when it comes to some of the segments, including the urology and the ENT segment for that company. So, the earnings outlook does not look too rosy for that company. And we can see that reflected in that huge drop in the shares this morning.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.