Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, February eleventh, twenty twenty five, and we are seventy two days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. We've got Brian brought us, Zach Walchuck, Tommy Yarsh, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: Of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Glad you're with us today for a back in session draft show act.
Speaker 3: That's the way I want to put it. We've been all over the place.
Speaker 2: Tommy and I were out at the Senior Bowl and Mobile missed a couple of shows, had our radio row out there for a little bit, and then you guys were at the Super Bowl during radio row out there in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: How was that, gentleman?
Speaker 3: It was amazing. We certainly had a lot of good guests. It was buzzing out there. The Cowboys news never ceases to amaze me. We had Michael Walking around there, Brandon Aubrey, Zach Martin got to chat with EMMITTT. Smith. That was an absolute blast. So it was good, dude. I mean, it's unfortunate the end result of the Super Bowl. I hate to see the filthy Eagles in your own division get to win. But it's always a blast being a part of Radio Row and it was fun seeing Tommy out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great hanging out with you guys, And you know, I appreciate the you guys letting me hang around and the table and sit down for a little while because we didn't have spots, so you know, you're just kind of walking around. But the table I did. I did, and I crashed the They didn't have a no loitering sign in Philadelphia next door, I was crashing them too, But no, it was a great time. There's a lot of people walking around there, so we got to get a lot of good content and even some draft stuff too, so I'm sure we'll get into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I thought it was really interesting to what Emmitt Smith said on about he wouldn't take genty because he doesn't think the coaches can use genty the right way. So that's interesting to me that you know that, and that seems to be a very very popular theme right now. Is Gent's spot where he seems to be falling is Dallas at twelve. We'll see what happens ahead of you, you know. But it was very interesting that to me, I keep saying that, but it just I mean, he was adamant that. He's like, listen, you don't know if he's guys are going to use him the right way. This team's not ready for him. And I was like, I have a plan. I was like, damn, I go that's you know, I'm I'm about getting good players. I'm about getting great players. I think that kid's a great player. And to me just adding that, but to hear him say that, it was very Uh, it was very eye opening. Not shocking, but eye opening for sure.
Speaker 2: With Emmett's saying that though it's not like it's it's somebody with him, it's not Gospel's, but.
Speaker 4: It's somebody Jerry listens to it.
Speaker 3: But does he know exactly what this coaching staff is thinking?
Speaker 4: That's the problem? Am I right about that? Zach? Was that the that what he was trying to kind up wint out.
Speaker 3: He has pointed out the lack of a plan. Maybe the lack vision. I do wonder, you know, has he been following the coaching hires as closely and he's a busy man. I mean no disrespect to Emmett, but I would think I feel better now than I did a month ago, absolutely that they would take in Ashton Genty and he would be in a position to succeed. When you think of what Clayton Adams brings to the table, the new Kansas State coach Riley coming in here, I think that shot. He's done an excellent job building this staff and putting a blend of new voices, new ideas from the college level, but also some trusted NFL voices as well to where now I do think they would have a plan drafting Ashton Genty. I think a month ago Emmett's point was spot on, sure, But now I think this team, if there's one thing that I'm confident in, They're are going to focus on running the football. And it's not just speak like we've kind of heard no offense under Mike McCarthy the last couple of years. I think this is going to be taken into action, at least from the Highers so far well.
Speaker 2: And Brian Schottenheimer, at least from the outside. Look again, he's hiring guys to put them in positions to be successful by doing what they do best. Because Schottenheimer, I could be completely wrong because we've never seen him as a first year head coach. He's going to have to figure out a lot of it in his own right. But I don't see him as the overarching it's my way or the highway sort of head coach. Not yet, not to that point yet, And I think at times that was what Mike McCarthy fell into, as a my way or the highway head coach. He's bringing in guys like Adams, He's bringing in guys like Riley that are going to help do what they do best, what they did at Arizona, what they did at Kansas State, and that could possibly bode well.
Speaker 4: Ford Wells too. Standing over Lunda Wells in around and he knows how to run.
Speaker 5: The football, no doubt, and kind of to go off of that point, every staff hire they've made, I feel like, is tipping their hand towards Hey, our offensive identity is going to be all about running the ball. I mean, you look at what Connor Riley did at Kansas State. You think about how well they ran the ball with DJ Giddens and Avery Johnson as a kind of a dual threat quarterback there, Clayton Adams, what he was able to do with James Connor out with the Cardinals in Arizona and then Derek Foster, and how he was able to have Alvin Kamara have a career year last year. And he's had a good track record of developing. So that makes Ashton Genty all the more likely. I feel like at that twelve spot, the question is does he get there? Yeah, because now you're starting to see him. He's already a great player, and everybody knows he's a great player, and I think that in the last couple of weeks he's kind of moved up if anything. So you know, you wonder is a Chicago going to gamble on him at twelve? Maybe the Raiders at six, if they feel like they can wait for a quarterback until the later rounds, or if they get a you know, if they go to free agency for the quarterback. Chicago at ten, Chicago at ten, Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. But I've had a lot of conversations recently with folks around the Boise State program about Genty, I'm completely sold. I think this Obviously, the on the field stuff is the real deal. But the characters there, the character is absolutely there, and everybody speaks very glowingly about him. And we ran into him briefly at the Super Bowl two and he he said it before, he wants to be in Dallas. He played at lone Star High School, so he said it'd be cool to wear a star on his helmet.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But I think, to me, this is the problem that you run into and the reason why you're starting to see him come up the board. People are figuring out this draft. The top of this draft that's kind of wonky. Yeah, you know, there's really one or two guys that you would really hang your hat on. I don't think there's an offensive lineman, you know. And I found out to talking to some people about you know, Josh Simmons his knee. It's a Betel attendant and it's not good. Oh, and so that's where you're at with that. Will doctor Cooper and those guys, you know, how will that medical come off of the combine here at the end of the month, you know, will he get a clean bill of health. How long will it take for him to be ready? You know, I just think there's so much uncertainty at the offensive line spot. You know, you talk about running the ball. Will Dallas make the commitment to go ahead and drafting another offensive lineman? You know? And do you even want to draft another offensive lineman when you don't know? You know some of this group. Do they play tackles, do they play guard? It is not how we've seen the offensive lines of past drafts. And I think that the reason why guys like Genty and Carter and people like that they're talking about him so high, maybe even Graham from Michigan the defensive tackle these are to me or players that are that are you can hang your hat on everybody else in the top of that draft ahead of Dallas and even where Dallas might be picking. Uh, it might be a little bit of a like okay, here we go. Hang on your ear boy. You know we're you know, we're gonna draft, and you know that's the way it is. I think the further you get back into the draft, maybe you have a little bit more of that sense of calmness about your board, but the big top of your board is probably going to be a little chaotic right now.
Speaker 2: When you're trying to look for the sure thing, you don't want to make a mistake. You not want to make a mistake because you can see how that'll set you back.
Speaker 4: And this is why to me, like a guy like Ashton Genty, if you look at him and people say, aren't you worried about the carries, well, you know, if you go back and look at the history and we work with a guy Ive three the Fan, Gavin Dawson went back and looked at college carries for backs and you know, a heavy workload and on, it doesn't affect them if you look at the names and the numbers and stuff like that. So no, I don't worry about that. I'm trying to draft the best football player at twelve. That's what I'm trying to do, regardless of the position, and it just so happens that Ashton Genty might be that guy. You could talk all you want about position value and all that crap, but when you look at it, you know you're trying not to make a mistake with that first pick. You're trying to get the guy that can help you right now. And so that's why I would you know, I have so many questions about this offensive line, not the Cowboys offensive line, the college offensive line. When you start to tell me about here, I'm wearing University of Texas colors. Banks, Tommy, you could tell me all about the kid. You know, I still have questions about him as a player, I really do. And I have questions about my LSU guy Campbell, and I can't I you know, Booker, the guard from Alabama seems to be my best guard right now unless I move Banks to So you know, there is a lot of things that these teams are having to deal with right now. And this is why to me, Ashton Genty does make a lot of sense because I feel like he is the best player with the least amount of holes in him and probably the least amount of bust factor to his game.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this, and I don't want to get us too far off track. Does that top heaviness in this draft and only there being a smaller.
Speaker 4: Questions not top heavy questions? Questions, questions?
Speaker 5: Does that make you want a parachute back from twelve?
Speaker 3: Not if one of those dudes are there, Like if Genty's there, Yeah, there's like probably four or five guys there there. I'm not peris there has to have it has to be the sure thing. But otherwise, yes, it does. We'll take to our point.
Speaker 4: Then we're sitting there, all right, We're sitting there in the draft and where we've laid chum in the water the last few days. We're told everybody, hey, listen, see your guy, come on, we'll we'll listen to We'll take calls and all that. Okay, they take Carter, they take Graham, they take McMillan, they take Genty. Who we trading up for? Who we trading up for? You know, if I'm in the back of the draft and I'm thinking who am I going to, there's got to be a player there that they want. Yeah. See that's what I'm saying. I mean, I don't want to sit there and bail and not get value for my pick. That's what I worry about the most. Dallas did it. They got away with it with the Travis Frederick Draft. They lost the player ahead of them, They blew the hatches. They went for the bottom of the ocean. They went from eighteen to thirty. They should have got a second round pick. They got a third round pick because they were willing just to get out of there, for just to get out of there.
Speaker 3: Here's the scenario in which I consider doing this, and it's to get another running back. I'm starting to becoming and I've talked to Brian about this on our show. I'm nervous. You're going to see a high run on running backs here, and it's for everything we're talking about. Running backs are going to be some of the safest players here. When you look at cale, the best players on the board. Yeah, at Amrion Hampton out of North Carolina. Even Trevon Henderson out of Ohio State is getting first round type of buzz right now because people look at him think his game is going to translate. He's going to be a better NFL pro than he was in college. He dominated the college football playoff the pass protection. He's a three down back and you look at kind of and I phrased as you're navigating minefields here. I don't want to just take a risk and a guy like a Shamar Stewart from A and M. I'm having a big time difficulty with him crush at the Shrine Bowl. I watch the tape, I'm like, man, there's a lot of nerves here. There's a lot of physical traits that you like about the kid. There's splash plays, but I'm not seeing the gold down out consistency. No Walter Nolan, right, And where am I playing Shamar Stewart? Is he a defensive end for me? Is he a five technique for another team? See a three tech for I don't know. I don't feel great about that. But if I'm moving back, I'm wondering, now, are you going to have one of those backs there at forty four? So if I take the parachute, it might be thinking, you know what, even if it's not matching the trade chart, I can pick up an extra three. Maybe I can make up for my four. But I'm probably doing so thinking I'm gonna go ahead and just take Kale Johnston. Iowa, I'm gonna fill my running well.
Speaker 4: Why why do I feel like though that that Johnson and Andre and the guy at Hampton and those guys are all gonna be gone? And maybe it might be Henderson at forty four, and Henderson might be gone before forty four. See and if on my board now I'm picking a third round back at forty four, you know now, I don't know how you guys have your board set up right now, or how you have your your stack. But to me, all of a sudden, I'm like thinking, I was thinking running back at forty four. I was thinking, okay, maybe Henderson, Henderson. I might be lucky to have anybody in this on my board. In the second round, I'd be looking for four running backs. Four running backs could be gone. Yes, when when I get to forty four. Now, if it doesn't happen that way, okay, here we go. But I gotta be prepared that those running backs are better than you know. I think there's a good group of one technique defensive tackles. I think there's some cornerbacks that you can look at right there and be comfortable with. You know, those are kind of the positions I haven't linebacker, no, you know, but see if I'm bailing, what am I looking to get if I bail? Maybe maybe the guy and we just had this really, you know, this conversation about wide receiver earlier before the show was about does now does Golden come in the picture from Texas? Sure? You know, does all of a sudden, note, you're probably gonna lose three receivers. Golden will probably be the fourth receiver on my board. But if you get if you drop down, say from twelve to you know, to twenty, and start and pick up a couple of picks, try and get your four back, maybe get another three. Now now we're sitting there. Now, now we're looking at Golden and and maybe maybe somebody.
Speaker 2: Risks from all miss Yeah, I think there's a couple of names there. The one thing I want to ask about, because you're not making me feel great about.
Speaker 3: The gent even being there at twelve?
Speaker 2: So is there an under the radar position that we could possibly see available or even a possibility at twelve?
Speaker 3: Is there a guy at corn?
Speaker 2: Is there anybody a cornerback that you would feel comfortable there? Or is that a parachute out? Same thing with edge? Is there an edge I'm sure you would feel comfortable with or is that a parish?
Speaker 5: The only corner that I would be happy with a twelve unless Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: Just somehow shocking Lee drops ye.
Speaker 5: Would be jodd a Baron from Texas. That would be the And I don't think they're going to take him that high, or anybody would take him that. I think he's that good of a player. I think he's a top ten player in this class, but I don't know if he's if he's going to be their guys totalized.
Speaker 3: I've seen some mixed like scouts. I think bottom round in the versatility he brings to you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I watched one hundred and seventy pound guy play at Kansas Corn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Kobe Bryant, Yeah, I love like Ryan. Yeah, but yeah, I think twelve. It's probably going to be high for some teams. But that would be the only corner because you've got you got Revel's coming off in a cl notre Dame Kiper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a bad You don't think Will Johnson from Michigan's going to be there.
Speaker 4: See everybody has Will Johnson, Will Man I do not have. I don't have Will Johnson. I think it's gonna come down to how fast Will Johnson can really really run. I think there's times when you watch him play zone and all that and you're totally comfortable. You can watch him with last year cover Marvin Harrison and feel good about that or you know, but I will Will Johnson started as one of these this guy's and now he's this guy. Stark started as one of this guy, and now he's one of these guys. You know. That's what Michael Williams started out as one of this guy and now he's this guy. You know, I just named three guys. I really don't feel totally comfortable. I feel more comfortable with Stark's over Johnson over Michel Williams. If you had to, if you had to, just hey, what did you see on tape? Yep? You know I can say if I if I traded back, if I traded back, I would consider Starks the safety.
Speaker 3: I consider Starks. I'd look at some of these defensive tackles to one text, like a Kenneth Grant. Grant Kenneth Rant come into play there. I do like Derek Harmon. Harmon's my number two guy. I wonder how they feel about him. But the one edge.
Speaker 4: Nolan scar the hell out of me. If but and I think he could be great, they could. There's absolutely be great.
Speaker 3: He I mean, the athleticism that he's got is going to tantalize people. And you saw some of that in the in the practices out in mobile right. I just didn't see the consistency, but I can see the flashes as to what people would love man flash. But to me, I mean I put Nolan in the second round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw more consistency from Schamar Stewart out there than I did from Walter Nolan. The only edge play. I mean, I would pound the table for Mike Green. And I've talked to him. You've talked about that.
Speaker 3: You know, Green would be an edge And if Jalen Walker was there at twelve, See.
Speaker 2: I'm a little I like Mike Green a lot, but I'm a tiny bit worried about his longevity as well, just from not seeing Yeah, a little banged up throughout sometimes it's in the Sun Belt. He also played in the Sun Belt. And are you going to take a guy in the top twelve that you feel good about that? Who's I mean he had a great Senior Bowl week, don't He started at Virginia though he did?
Speaker 3: He did, yeah, and he and he dominated it. I mean like it would be. Hey, Khalil Mack played at Buffalo, right, true to me?
Speaker 2: To me, that dude, just you think that's the same player though every potential Mac that played at Buffalo, there's or five for sure for sure.
Speaker 4: And you have to watch the Marcus where I saw.
Speaker 3: The dominance from Mike Green when I watched him to where I'm not worried about that, but but I see the argument. Jalen Walker is interesting to me though, like if he was there at twelve because he if seems to see him as an off ball guy, that's somebody that can cover two needs for it.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be my question. Where do you guys see Walker?
Speaker 3: I see him as an edge.
Speaker 5: I see him as an edge too, But I think you can kind of have some fun with him when you look back at the specifically the Texas game where they played in the in the regular season. What they did with him kind of as a spy, I thought was really interesting. It kind of reminded me of what the Cowboys did with Demarvion Overshot. And that's not a player comp by the way, right right, I'm just comparing the schematically what they did, just kind of having him lurk around there, and I mean, he's he's QB spying quinn Ewers. Quinn Ewers is not a runner, but he's still there. At any time quinn Ewers was outside of the pocket, he just gave him hell and that's why he had, you know, such a good game. And there was one snap where when they when Texas brought in Arch Manning, who is known for his speed and known for his ability to get away. He chases him down, he runs them down and brings him down for a sack. So I think that his speed kind of gives you that element. But what what does he give you at edge? Does he give you a consonant ability to win at edge? Would be my biggest question.
Speaker 4: Betides, there's going to be a problem. That's what the scouts will tell you, though. I mean, he might just get He's a hell of a player, he might get beat down if you play him full time edge, he might get beat down, like he just remember saying that. Yeah, I mean I talked to I talked to a couple of scouts that have the Southeast and you know, I said, hey, what about Walker, and a couple of them we're talking, Hey, inside linebacker, off ball linebacker, situational type of rusher.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: But you could play him, like you said, Tommy, you could play him in coverage, you could play him downhill, you could play him off the edge. You know, there's a lot to like about him as a particularly as a player. But man, the picks just ahead of me are scaring the hell out of me, you know, not from the fact that they're going. I'm kind of hoping though some of these guys do go, so I don't have to worry about it, you know that. I'm like, you know, but I think there's some people, and this is going to sound crazy, I think some people out there that are hopeful that Genti's off the board before Dallas picks. People just don't want just people, just people in joke, nobody. There's people that like, do not want Dallas to take a running back in the first round, and they're just hopeful, Wow, if Dallas, if Gent's off the board, that takes Jerry out of the mix from having to make that call, you know. I mean they're thinking, like, well, you know, hey, if if we if we take him, Yeah, I'm not gonna be too happy about that. That's some people. If he's not there and we don't have to make that decision, you know, but you're gonna have to live if he goes somewhere else and shows up, you know, you're gonna have to live with that.
Speaker 2: It'll be Barkley two point zero again. You know, you didn't have a chance to draft him.
Speaker 4: But no, it would give.
Speaker 3: It would give kind of that same thought of like, man, you could have done.
Speaker 4: So okay, let me ask you this. This is just how real quick, how much we got time? We're good?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, we can go a little bit, all right, real quick, okay.
Speaker 4: On my third round board Sampson, Tennessee, Harvey, UCF, Junkins, Ohio State, Neil, Kansas, Scautaboo, Arazon running backs all third round. If you had to take one of those guys at forty four, who would you take?
Speaker 3: Name those it one more time?
Speaker 4: Sampson, Tennessee, Harvey, UCF, Jenkins, Ohio State, Neil Kansas, Scautaboo from Arizona State. That's on my board. But if I had to take one of those guys, I'm gonna say that. I'm gonna say Genti's gone, Hampton's gone, Henderson's gone, Johnson's gone. If say I had to take a running back out of that group, which group? Which guy would you take?
Speaker 2: Either Samson or Johnson? Samson from Tennessee or Johnson? You have no shot at oh you're saying he's off the board. He's off the board. Sampson, Harvey, Jenkins, Neil Scataboo, I would do Samson. It'd be Harvey or Judkins for me, and I think I think i'd go with Harvey.
Speaker 4: Wow, why'd you say that with clinched teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because honestly, the guy that i'd wait on is the Case State back.
Speaker 4: Oh see Gettings drives me nuts because I don't think he could run fast. I love him.
Speaker 3: DJ Giddens, Yeah, I love him. I like, I don't think Judkins runs fast, but I think he's faster than I kind of.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: So I saw him run away from some people.
Speaker 2: I kind of like Blue and Brooks. Blue from Texas and Brooks from Texas.
Speaker 4: Tech's interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, see Brooks, I think he's gonna go way later because he can't run.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, but.
Speaker 3: He's a three down back. But I'm not talking about taking him at forty four.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's a big difference.
Speaker 5: If we're talking about three down backs, then you take Judkins from Ohio State. That would be my pick. But if you kind of want more versatility, I'd take Devin Neil from Kansas. I think he's one of the better receiving backs, if not the best receiving man.
Speaker 4: Why do you guys hate Dylan Samson from Tennessee. I don't. I got it. I got him. I got him. On top of all, I think he's better than all that's an explosive player right there. Yeah, and I love jas.
Speaker 3: He's a creator and you don't have that.
Speaker 4: He is a creator.
Speaker 3: People argue for Harvey all day though, But I like Harvey's a creator too. I just don't think he has that same juice that Samson does. He lets you know that Samson's got rear juice. Yeah, some of the running backs this draft, but I think Harvey probably is the second most explosive out of the guys that you named for me. And he's also tough as hell, Like he could be the Bucky Irving of this draft.
Speaker 4: You could also eat a sandwich off the top of his head. He could.
Speaker 3: But I'll fight for that K State kid man. And you got their offensive line. Man, somebody knows better.
Speaker 4: Put your name next. Seriously, though, what do you think he's gonna run four or five?
Speaker 7: Five?
Speaker 4: I think it's fetch I think.
Speaker 3: He'll be a little faster than you're giving him credit.
Speaker 4: Four or five. I mean you go four, four nine. I tell you what I'm gonna go four five for him. We send you to Manhattan. You can time him and get him at thirty eight. Arm, I'm gonna go quick flicker on this boy. That's a that's a drivable distance. We see. Yeah, watching I do a show, as people know, and and Wotch loves Gettings.
Speaker 3: I like him too.
Speaker 4: He loves him and I and I'm watching him get fetched and I'm like, man, I can't do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah I can't.
Speaker 4: I mean I I don't have him. I like I said, I like Hunter from Auburn a lot a lot more and I like the Dark. I like Hunter alone.
Speaker 3: The Runners is a tough runner.
Speaker 4: Now I can't say his last name mcgonig. Yeah, that's just magic Guynguy, Guy, I'll never.
Speaker 3: I'll remember that now, Manungang God for your time.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: That's a good last name.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got to take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 2: We've got some great twitter on the twenty questions, including one from a former Draft Show host that we're going to talk about in a moment more of the Draft Show right after.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 9: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein zero grams, have added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients, and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekid.
Speaker 10: All Right. Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 1: At lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see check.
Speaker 10: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you. Hoo hoo.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press scout who looks right, It's not there. He escapes left he'll look throw a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys Fans.
Speaker 11: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys, is the.
Speaker 2: Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, Cowboys Nation, Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life, is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys App. Join the official Fan Club today and receive access to all the new Cowboys drops features, team news and pre sale access.
Speaker 3: Fans one of the kind kids of the game.
Speaker 2: Download more or download the Cowboys Now App to join Cowboys Nation today. Lots of different elements on that Cowboys Now App and Cowboys Nation back alongside Zach Wilchuck Brian brought us Tommy Arish with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's town time for some Twitter.
Speaker 2: Twitter on the twenty I want to start things off with a good friend of ours, mister Kevin K. T.
Speaker 5: Turner.
Speaker 2: Hey Kazel, I'm trying to find his tweet where to go? Maybe he deleted it. His question ered, is did watching the Eagles defensive line dominate the line of scrimmage Sunday make you want to rule out taking a running back in round one and lock in some more defensive line or offensive line help. So, I think we've already kind of established covered about the offensive running back and offensive line. The defensive line was dominant. Does it shift your thinking somewhat in that first round about possibly taking a defensive lineman because of the way the Eagles dominated up front.
Speaker 5: I'm of the opinion that you can never spend enough capital on your line of scrimmage, so offense or defensive line in the first round with this running back class. If you wait till the second or the third, even if there is a run, I think you can you can get by. I think you can. You can look for a Hampton or a Caleb Johnson in the second round. You can look for, you know, a Devin Neil or an Olie Gordon or some of the other guys we talked about TOAJH Brooks, Damian Martinez from Miami's the name. We didn't mention. You could wait for that in the third round, and I think you can get by. But if we're talking about defensive line first round, I mean, I'm still gonna stand on the table for Walter Nolan. I understand, you know, the concerns and you guys' points, but I think I think this.
Speaker 4: Guy is the real deal.
Speaker 5: He's got real power. Yeah, you know, he's hard to block one on one. That's the problem is so much of his tape he's getting double team and triple teamed, and even at the Senior Bowl. I mean he's got two three guys on Himkyle, and we talked to him. The first question I asked him was how sick and tired of you or being double teamed?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, and he thought he was going to see single coverage or I guess man to man and quite a bit during the Senior Bowl and he was disappointed to realize he got triple team at one point.
Speaker 5: He didn't. He just didn't. And so you know, I think that's a testament to what he can do. And again I understand the concerns and he's not the biggest guy. He's more of an athlete. But I would love with Walter Nolan, you know, in the first round, I would you know, I would be fine with the Kelvin Banks from Texas. He's my OT one. I think he's the best tackle in this draft. And you can have the discussion about whether or not you want to move him to guard. I think that you know, wherever you put him on there, you got your best five out there, You got your best five offensive lineman out there, and you make it work. And Banks, I think he's fine as Yeah, I think he's good as a tackle.
Speaker 3: You know, the safest offensive lineman in this draft is it's Donovan Jackson from Ohio State. I have zero doubt that dude's going to.
Speaker 2: Be a good NFL player at guard, at guard or at guard for sure.
Speaker 3: At tackle, what he did in the playoff was very impressive. Yeah, and he handled some really good rushers. Donovan Jackson's the guy that we haven't talked about a lot, and at twelve it might be a little rich, but in an offensive line class that we're like, I don't know, is this guy at guard? This dude's done it both and he's played at a high level. I think he is a plug and play if you want to move him at right guard, if Zach Martin retires, if you end up in a situation where you end up reshuffling. I think Jackson is a guy that's going to be a good pro and I don't have a question mark about that about him missing. Like, if I had to go offensive line, I think that's the dude that I would bank on. If my job is on the line and I can't miss, I think i'd probably put Donovan Jackson on the top of my list.
Speaker 4: Toma like Jackson too, Tommy, would you take Nolan over Banks?
Speaker 5: It's a good question.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm trying to gauge where you are here. You take Banks over Okay, Okay, now I know I don't have to take Nolan. I would definitely take Banks over Nolan because he's not going to fight for Nolan over Banks. Yeah, so you would take Banks, I would take Banks. Would you take.
Speaker 5: Will Campbell?
Speaker 4: Yeah? L s U.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying Joey's Banks your top lineman.
Speaker 5: Banks is my top tackle. Okay.
Speaker 4: Where do you have Booker from Alabama at guard?
Speaker 5: Best guard?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He's my number one guard.
Speaker 5: To then Jackson's too.
Speaker 4: Okay. If I told you I had Banks over Booker at guard.
Speaker 5: At guard, I'd agree with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Banks over Booker.
Speaker 5: Hasn't played a snap of guard in college. His second college game ever was against Will Anderson shut him down. Yeah, as a fresh true freshman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you watch some of the late playoff stuff. There was some struggle.
Speaker 3: I think he was battling with that with an ankle.
Speaker 5: He's battling an ankle, and quinn Ewers didn't really help him out a lot.
Speaker 4: Come on, Tommy, talk me off this ledge.
Speaker 6: But I.
Speaker 3: Like some of that, like play fighting through some injury, like we got to we just had conversations about the guy they just took in guiding right, like differences about being hurt, uh and injured? Are there any of those same question marks with Banks?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. This guy's gonna play if he can see.
Speaker 4: I like what you guys are talking about with Jackson from Ohio State because.
Speaker 2: I love I mean, that kid to me is like and you said a little growing on me and more you said a little rich for twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you're talking about a trade back scenario.
Speaker 2: Or just even at twelve, we've seen if they have a guy that they like and they would stand on the table for they would be fine drafting him a little bit higher than the rest of the league sees them.
Speaker 3: They've done that at offensive line before they did alignment. Reach that I'd reach on him. That would be your that would be my guy to reach. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, how about way real quick? Yes, Zach Booker or Grant Michigan tackle booker Booker, Ty Williams, Ohio State Booker.
Speaker 2: Booker, Harmon Harmon. Okay, so Harmon's your number one. He's my number two guy behind Mason Graham. Wow, Okay, all right, all's waldough asked the question, and of course, Brian, you're the creator of this term ice cream draft. Yeah, ice cream flavors. It's all about different flavors of ice cream songs. You do the work, enjoy the ice cream exactly. Is this draft the biggest example of an ice cream flavor draft? You've seen a lot of names, but the same names will not be viewed the same through the eyes of many different people.
Speaker 3: Is there another draft that you remember like this?
Speaker 4: Nope, I don't. I mean, we've had some. This draft is as wonky at the top of it as I can imagine, because I have in my mind. I your offensive tackles, we just went through those. We just went through your guards. There's no centers to speak of in this thing. The running backs, I mean, pick a flavor, Pick a flavor. I tried to get you guys there at forty four to take one of my guys, and you know I got. I got three different flavors from you guys. Yeah. So yeah, it's going to be that way with the edges. It's going to be that way with the defensive tackles. Cornerbacks. You want a tall one, you want a skinny one, you want a short one. Want one that plays zone, you want one that plays man. Yeah, I mean they're pretty much a it's pretty much a kind of pick your flavor group when it comes to this draft. So yeah, it's I can't remember one that's been It's kind of a bad situation to be up at twelve right now, to be honest with you, without the without the depth, without the depth, I think this is what we're like.
Speaker 3: Dang, and I'd like to be in the top five there maybe so I can just know.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm going to get as Graham, get Carter or Graham, one of those guys, and you'd feel great about it, you know. And hell I felt great about Simmons until I heard he was a Betel attendant. He sinks, you know, and then I'm like, Okay, now I don't feel so great. But here we are, uh.
Speaker 2: Ask Coofax asked the question, if the Cowboys trade for a veteran wide receiver, we're not allowed to say names here, we're not veteran wide receiver. Would that allow them to go elsewhere like defensive tackle, running back, offensive line in any order through those first three rounds.
Speaker 4: Or would you still want to draft a wide receiver? Okay, let me ask you the question, what are we giving up? And we don't know it's okay, what's your level of comfort for using one of your picks to go get a wide receiver one of your top three because you don't have a four. Yeah, it would have to be. I think I would feel pretty good.
Speaker 5: I think that if you're looking at twelve, you know, in a Buka Matthew Golden, if you look at forty five.
Speaker 4: I'm asking, what are you willing to give up? Trade? And like, okay, we're minus our four right now.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm not I'm not sending that third because then we're sitting on the board watching all these names rattle off over and over.
Speaker 4: And okay, we're probably not getting a great I got. I got a bunch of fives, so I definitely guys, sound like, okay, you guys, sound like then we just need to draft. I don't draft. I think I would draft. All right, I like it. There we go, Yeah, answer that question. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, if you want to go a receiver in the first round, you name a Mech egg Book guy.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 3: I think's he'd be a tremendous compliment. If you want to go in the second Golden in.
Speaker 4: That mixed too. By the way, at twelve, Golden should be in that mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Golden, Golden's a hell of a player. I mean, I've got him as my wide receiver. If you traded back, if I moved back, I'd absolutely take Golden. If he was there at forty four, that'd be a dream. How do you stay?
Speaker 4: I don't think. How do you stack him?
Speaker 3: I've got McMillan one, Hunter at two, because I've got Hunter on my board is both a wide receiver and a corner. I got him in my top corner. I've got it a little interested. I'm I'm, I'm that's that's high in my opinion. I love receiver. Yeah, he's my corner one. I think for wide receiver, he's he's just a playmaker. He is, but a second on Hunter as a wide receiver. Okay, I've got a Booka at three, Burden at four, Golden at five. Okay, those are my top five guys.
Speaker 4: How much did Besh help himself from the seniors? Helped him?
Speaker 2: Bes Besch put himself like at forty four, if they took me, it's a great story. But that guy's tough now watching like we talked yesterday.
Speaker 3: We saw mak where it was Higgins the Iowa state wide receiver going second. I'd take Besh over Higgins any day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got mcmill and one, Burden two, Golden three, Trey Harris, Ole Miss four, an Oak of five.
Speaker 4: What's your love with these old miss kids?
Speaker 3: Like I got Harris at six right, Like I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think that like that stack looks bad because like a book at five, if he's the fifth receiver, whoever's getting him is getting a steal. Like there's not a ton of separation between those guys. I just love the film on Trey Harris. I think he was fantastic when he was healthier.
Speaker 2: The uh that's the one one bugaboo for Trey Harris that I have health is the health was a concern and his route running wasn't perfect.
Speaker 3: But I can I think you can teach route running.
Speaker 4: Do we got that save on Williams too high from t I think I'm not high on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he kind of had a couple of weeks where he was buzzing. And now you're seeing Jalen Royal's bats. His teammates overtaking him. The guy that does nobody talks about is uh a Yoman or out of Soca Stanford. He's underrated, man. Yeah, he just finds ways to get open. He's not flashy, great and he's great.
Speaker 4: And terrible terrible quarterback player, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wide catch radius six two two ten. That's a true X for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I wonder now with the new receiver coach like Tes Johnson, does he get a bump at least in the Cowboys mind Oregon?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, and in that dude, the quick feet, I mean, what he did at the Senior Bowl was really impressive, But for me, I thought he was more of a third round guy too.
Speaker 4: Voch tried too, tried to put me in a choke hold on that one too.
Speaker 2: I have him in the third, Yeah, I still have him in the third. A lot of the stuff he did at the Senior Bowl was great and I loved it. I saw somebody and I thought this was very accurate. I would give credit if I've remembered who it was. They called it TikTok routes where he was one on one and it was That's what a lot of it looked like it was sloppy footwork, just trying to get open.
Speaker 3: But he's so athletic that once he grains it in, he probably still has.
Speaker 2: His speed is next quick, next level, and you got that change of direction, his lateral ability, it's impressive.
Speaker 4: But yeah, guy would put him in a third.
Speaker 5: He's got the footwork to where when you refine that and you get him to NFL routes and not TikTok routes, he's going to be I.
Speaker 2: Have him as wide receiver eight right now. I like that range for them. I have him at eight, all right. A couple of questions there. One more before we take our break. Not that you would want to, but since we're in the Dallas media market and crazy trades apparently happen here, Ben wants to ask, what is, in y'all's opinion, the realistic trade value of one Micah Parsons?
Speaker 3: What is the trade value?
Speaker 2: What would you need to see if you got the right offer draft weekend in order to make it happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we want to go down this path. Being and we work on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. I just hot from my fans.
Speaker 5: I can't think of anything that would make me want to do just.
Speaker 3: A hypothetic but that, but that could be the answer to is I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got to be a minimum of two first. I think that's like, I'm not talking to you if you're not at least willing to pony up two ones and.
Speaker 2: This year or multiple years. Does it have to be two ones right now? It can be a one this year, it can be a one next year, but it's going to be more than that. But we're not even I'm not even Yeah, we're not chatting if you're not willing to at least go to first. What would if I were to call you right now and just say, hey, I've got to first, what else would you need?
Speaker 4: Anybody have to? Well, you're gonna have to. It's gonna probably be there's nobody has two first, right yeah, because it's.
Speaker 3: I'll take a one this year, give me a one next year. I mean, honestly, I'm like, I'm trying to get three ones if I can for a guy.
Speaker 4: Like I'll tell you what if you're a team, if you're a team that has a one and a good young wide receiver. Mm hmm, I consider going I would consider taking a pick, and I would consider taking a player, maybe the player at need. I would consider taking a one. Who are your linebackers? Who are your young linebacker?
Speaker 3: Linebacker?
Speaker 2: A corner?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who are your young defensive tackles? Yeah? Who you know? I'm maybe hunting another? Maybe a guard. Who who's your You got a young guard there that I kind of like. I would consider instead of taking the next year's one, I would try and get a player right now that I know could help me play. It be a starter, So then I could take that one and then go ahead and use the player they gave me. But it have to be a young player that I kind that I thought enough of that I think could be a starter. So maybe a wide receiver, maybe an offensive lineman, maybe one of these defensive tackles, maybe a linebacker with it. Once I would probably look at right now.
Speaker 5: If I'm even thinking about it, which I'm not clarify. I look at the trade that Carolina and Chicago had a couple of years ago, where Carolina trader for the number one overall pick to take Bryce Young, Chicago got back a first and a second in the twenty three draft of first and a second in the twenty four or first in the twenty four draft. They use that on Caller Williams that a twenty five second round pick and DJ Moore. So if you give me a proven wide receiver to first two seconds, I'll at least but I'm still not to see.
Speaker 4: This is the thing that teams probably would not want to do this make a trade with you like that for because they're going to give you a one or maybe multiple ones, and they're going to have to pay.
Speaker 3: The player they have to turn around and give them, So that that would be.
Speaker 4: That was going to be something that probably is going to deter teams from doing it. But yeah, I think I would be very open to, like looking at your roster and picking a player off your roster to go along with that one is what I would consider.
Speaker 2: So you would you would be okay with it not being multiple ones? Yes, if the players, if the player works.
Speaker 4: Now, if it's a situation where you feel like that that you know, maybe you maybe the next year's one. I would like to get somebody that I could get right into my system and help me pick fill a hole that I could kind of use that player as kind of like a one or two that I don't have to spend, you know that I could, I could, I could don't have to draft that position. Now I've got a guy, you know, I've got the one to draft a position or potentially even trade up to twelve. Take what you got and move that thing up. And if you want to try and replace him with Carter or somebody like that, by all means, that's that's probably the avenue you want to go. Yeah, it's interesting, it really is. It's gonna have to replace him though, Yes you have to because he's he would be gone.
Speaker 3: And then you've got d Law that's a free agent. Yeah, and all of a sudden pass rushers up. Then that's your time one of your number one needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot to happen there. All right, we're gonna take our second break. When we come back, we're gonna talk a little bit more about the guys that we've been watching recently getting back on the air.
Speaker 3: Who's who have you watched recently that stuck out to you as a DJ?
Speaker 2: Gettens from Kansas State for Zach Wolcheck, is that the best guy you've watched?
Speaker 3: More Draft Show right after this.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day.
Speaker 4: I went to.
Speaker 12: Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 12: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back.
Speaker 4: On my game.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at the team.
Speaker 3: Hotel, attend the best tail game party in.
Speaker 8: Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 9: Today life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 4: That scary bridge.
Speaker 9: Smoothie King has fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recover with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 7: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 2: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft shugar, get it behind the scenes look at all things Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium and the Star presented by Seat geek, check out the locker rooms, playing field, super Bowl memorabilia, and even get a look at Brian brought us in the podcast studio. Get your tickets today at Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash tours with the press of admissions.
Speaker 4: He might that's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Brian brought us.
Speaker 2: We got Zach Bullsht, Tommy Yarish, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. I want to know, since we've been away, we've been doing Senior Bowl, we've been super Bowl, Shrine Bowl, whatever it. Maybe over these last couple of weeks, who's let's catch up a little bit. Who's been the best guy you've watched over the last couple of days. Tommy, I'll start with you, maybe not the best guy, but the most fun guy. Ola Dejo, Yeah, U c l a edge.
Speaker 5: This kid is phenomenal. We talked to him with the Senior Bowl, and you know, when you look at the start of the season, they kind of used him at linebacker and figured out very quickly that that's not where he was best, so they moved him outside linebacker. He talked about it, and after that he was he was on when the rest of the season finished, with seven sacks. I think he played the best in UCLA's biggest games. You know, you look at the Penn State game that he played against Minnesota, which guy's got a good offensive line. They've got urs Thry the tackle that we've talked about a couple of times late in the season against usc Is when he was at his best, and then at the Senior Bowl he kind of showed that he can be versatile and moving a bunch of different places. He's built like a Greek god. I mean, he just looks fantastic, and you know, whether it be off the edge or whether he moved inside, And he was talking to us about how he likes kind of moving along the inside when he's against the guards in the center, just because they're the least athletic lineman on the field and he takes full advantage of that. And he did all week in Mobile. So if you guys haven't watched him yet, I definitely would. I'm gonna go and find his official measurement, but I think it's around like six three two fifty. He's got long arms. Hold on. I'm pulling it up here right now.
Speaker 2: If there was just why you find that, if there was one guy that I could have said improved his draft stock in my eyes more.
Speaker 3: It was him.
Speaker 4: It was Ola Dea Joe, and I think it was old Joe. Yeah, Bejo Joe.
Speaker 3: I asked him that after Joe Joe Yeah, with a it's like a banjo.
Speaker 4: Ok Joe, good Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, Mighty Joe Young.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: What are you trying to confuse everybody?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I joined like everybody's explaining that you're over there like playing Mighty Joe Young.
Speaker 3: I love Mighty Joe Young. It's hell of a MOVIEJD go back, DJ Giddons, Baby, that's my dude.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was Brian so wrong about that. Won't be the first time.
Speaker 3: Golly, you really do need to get your eyes checked. I need a new prescription over there.
Speaker 5: You measured in at six zero two six two sixty one pounds uh nine six eight hands, thirty three inch arms and eighty inch wingspan.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a nice wing span. Oh, I'm telling you he's physically right.
Speaker 5: A lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Did you guys watch Johnny Walker Junior out of missoo?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great name Shrine Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so stood out to me in the Shrine Bowl practices. Listen, this guy's got some men to him. He's slippery, he's dominating everybody on one v ones and you watch him captain nine and a half sacks at missoo, pretty good against the run, can set the eggs. Played well in the big games, Yes he did. Johnny Walker Junior, number fifteen. If you want to watch the Missouri Tiger tape, I know Brad Sham has it for you. Just ask Stags has got you Johnny Walker Junior. And there were several guys that stood out the Shrine Bowl, but in terms of just edge rushers, he might have been the top guy for me.
Speaker 2: Listen, yeah, Brian knows this, Zach, you know this because we've been the NOBU before. What's what's mister Jones's drink of choice?
Speaker 3: Johnny Walker blue?
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: He has the chance to be the to do the funniest thing Aaron. But he's really he's a good player.
Speaker 2: But it would be he's he's worth it. It would be kind of a mid round pick. Is something that would be interesting. You need an edge rusher.
Speaker 4: I like that, Johnny.
Speaker 3: I like that Johnny Walker Junior. I like him.
Speaker 4: Good player. Darius Alexander from Toledo has been my.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the real deal. He's a safety, right yeah, defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm thinking of the different to least another defensive tackle we've got.
Speaker 4: This kid physically looks the part. He's got the traits. He plays with power. He can rock these mac blockers off the line of scrimmage, and he put him in the Senior Bowl. He was rocking those guys as well, you know, those guys from the other schools, the big schools. But there's some snaps where he does come off the ball a little tall, but he will walk his guy back into the quarterback. He can be tough to handle one on one. I think the thing is one of the best things I see about him is playing that run one on one, double teams, it doesn't matter. He holds his ground, he works past blockers, he gets his feet in the ground, he uses his hands, he plays with leverage, the fit, the control, the lateral movement. I mean this kid right here. There's some questions. There was some questions about his motor talking to some scouts and how he might kind of run hot and cold. But when he is on he could be tough to deal with his kid's got huge potential. Darius Alexander defensive tackle three technique from Toledo, hundred and four pounds.
Speaker 2: Eighty two inch wingspan, rare big man interception to two this past season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love a good big man.
Speaker 3: Did he rumble a little bit in Rumble big Man?
Speaker 4: Rumble?
Speaker 3: Max and hook is the Toledo safety.
Speaker 2: I remember looking at him at the Senior Bowl and just saying like, Oh, there's another Toledo safety, thinking of my.
Speaker 4: Guy, Barry church beck In.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, all right, anybody else that you guys want to hit on that you've watched recently.
Speaker 5: Stick with the defensive tackles. I like what I saw out of a nice peebles, a tech tackles. He you know, at with the Hokies. He was kind of more of like a past rushing guy in the interior, but I thought he was great against the run of the Senior Bowl. He had a couple of good days of practice. So that would be one another one that stuck out to me. In a defensive tackle class that we're talking about that's pretty loaded. I mean, the only thing that would concern me is he's a little bit smaller. He's only six foot to eighty nine seventy seven inch wingspan, So I think that's that's worth the concern. But played pretty well.
Speaker 4: I thought, I like that one.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put Zi alex Ander on the table.
Speaker 4: Brian, you're LSU tiger? Yeah? Uh do you? I was I was going to ask you a good corner. I meant to text you about it. Do you like what he brought to LSU?
Speaker 6: Just?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: General, I know we had some ups and down.
Speaker 4: He did and you know, you guys remember you maybe you don't. There was a player that Cleveland took in the third round in the twenty two draft called Martin, named Martin Emerson. Yeah, yeah, okay, this kid reminds me of the state, right, Yeah, he reminds me.
Speaker 3: He's been pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he reminds me a little bit of Martin Emerson the way he plays. And so, I mean, he's played corner, he's played safety in his career, and you know he's he's a transfer from Southwestern Louisiana. The length, the size, all that stuff is really kind of impressive about him. But I think the thing about is he doesn't have really much ketchup speed or deep speed. And there were a couple of receivers that really just ran right by him, and it struggled to catch up. Watching the Old Miss game, the USC game, and the Alabama game. It's kind of ran by him a couple of different times, and I kind kind of that worries me a little bit about him. But at six is what I'm working on right now. I haven't updated my measurements from the same Bowl games and stuff like that yet. I don't think he played in the end. Yeah, well, okay, within six I've got he's got the size, he's got the length down the field, competitive player. I just don't know about the I think the lack of speech will show up at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: I have the same thing, says not a flyer with his speed will give up separation if he loses at the line of scrimmage. Needs some seasoning when it comes to spacing in zone coverage and timing at the line.
Speaker 3: Uh. And then he's got had a little bit of an injury history.
Speaker 4: Those are my cons.
Speaker 3: My pros are all around corner with a mean streak of toughness. He plays downhill. He had a big hit in that South Carolina game.
Speaker 4: I watched that.
Speaker 2: He worked downhill they gave it to a tight end in the flat, and he came and laid the hammer on the tight end. Much bigger player than he was. Didn't look like it left little concern. After returning from that injury, still elevated his game. Controlled on the boundary with fluid hips and great length. Frame would fit well in any scheme because he, like you talked about it as the link he has. The frame consistency was the first thing I looked at. If he was on the field, I thought he played pretty well other than giving up that separation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just doesn't have the speed.
Speaker 4: He doesn't need to run at the combine. He waits, he needs to wait till they have their pro dam bat baton rouge, do it, run downhill a little bit, do the best. It's funny, you said, Martin Emerson. He was one of the guys that kind of had in my comp area. I put Jalen Watson on here. You remember him out of Washington State, plays for the Chiefs, plays agent player.
Speaker 2: He'll get burned every now and again, but he'll stay steady and he will help in the run game, right, And that's kind of when I and there, I think they're comparable in size. I haven't looked at Watson's size yet, uh, but they were kind of similar in that regard. I watched old Miss Alabama South Carolina. Kind of different or almost the same thing, just a different usc is what Brian did. But I wanted to bring him up because I was impressed with him. And if Dallas is looking for a second round, third round corner at forty four, I don't think I would be uber upset about it if he's there in the third, I would be ecstatic.
Speaker 3: If he's your picking the third.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you guys watch Jordan Phillips, the defensive lineman from Maryland. Just saw kick ass Shrine Bowl him and West? Okay, and then what did you like more? Just real quick?
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 7: West?
Speaker 9: She's c J.
Speaker 4: Wes Moore. I got West over Phillips. That's why I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like CJ.
Speaker 4: Wes Moore, but Jordan Phillips is good.
Speaker 3: Jordan Williams is an offensive tackle slash guard out of Georgia Tech, and I asked Dane about him because I thought he was my best the best offensive lineman at the Shrine Bowl practice. East a pole out of Washington State. Another interesting guy, can swap left right tackle. But Jordan Williams like body type to me, moves really well, quick feet, won a lot of the one on ones like you're playing those practices like the defensive tackles you mentioned. Phillips and West had some big dudes like Nizzier. Stack House out at Georgia was another one of these guys.
Speaker 4: Uh New center was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got his name. But to me, Jordan Williams, you're talking about day three, you want to take a flyer on a kid? I asked Dan, like, where do you think he'll go? Frounce five through seven, six, six, three, fifteen does have some injury issues, which I think is what's gonna knock him on this. But he just played all thirteen games this past year at right tackle, third team all acc there for the Yellow Jackets. I'm a fan of his as a flyer on Day three. I think there's athleticism there that you can work with pretty good hands, and I was impressed with him during those practice drills on the one v ones.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the Shrine Bowl, what do you guys think of Tyler Barron out of Miami.
Speaker 4: Boy, I struggled with him a little bit I thought that to me with Tyler Baron, though there was some It's one of those where you watch him play really really well for two or three plays and then he doesn't play well at all and then rush down the middle and things like that. I wanted to like him initially, and I couldn't warm up to him. He probably deserves to be higher on my board than is because I think I had him in the fourth round, and I know there's a lot of people that think that he might be second or third round guy. But the tape I watched, I just could not warm up up on him at all, to the point where I was like, where's this consistency with him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was underwhelmed with what he did want like Miami at my but I thought he had a good week at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 4: He was solid at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 2: But there's so many inconsistencies on his tape and he doesn't have anything that just stands out if it's almost like the Master of.
Speaker 3: None sort of scenario, like he doesn't have one thing crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, you would think that he you know, he would make more plays, and he just didn't.
Speaker 3: Those linebackers were good at the Shrine Bowl the cow Kids like Teddy Buchannon. He was pretty impressive to me.
Speaker 4: Williams.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I mean both. I mean you look at all. So now now they're pumping out some good or U c LA. She's been there pumping out some good linebackers in this draft. I liked Chandler Martin as a Day three flat mephis Memphis jack dude.
Speaker 4: He had one.
Speaker 3: He had one of the plays of the week, just ripping a ball away from a wide receiver. Chandler Martin stocky, shorter to kind of build, but thumper.
Speaker 2: He had an interception in their bowl game too, in Frisco. He was just down the road. They're playing West.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Had he had a He had like eleven tackles in a pick in the game and ended up playing well. He played well from Memphis all year long and just never really got the spotlight draft wise because he's small.
Speaker 3: It's like five to ten.
Speaker 2: He's probably gonna measure five to ten. But he's yeah, he schway's downhill. He'll make it happen. All right, gentlemen, we will be back on Thursday with a little bit more of the Draft show.
Speaker 4: Seventy two days away.
Speaker 3: From the NFL Draft. That time clock is ticking, ticking quickly as we continue.
Speaker 2: On for Zach Walchuck, for Brian brought us, Tommy Arish, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 4: We will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.