Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, now I hear you. Yay, Welcome to boll Chat. Who It's Wednesday, August third, Yes, please hell. We first off, sincerely apologize for not having a boll chat last Wednesday. It's fine, you guys are we appreciate you. Don't say it's fine, just say we're really sorry that we missed it. It's not fun.
Speaker 2: Sometimes life gets in the way, as you guys might know it does. Sometimes your days get a little busy, and sometimes things just don't work out. So we apologize there was no bull chat, but I'm not going to crucify myself for not delivering an episode, unlike how this one wants me to treat it where.
Speaker 1: I'm eternally sorry. How could we have treated you this way?
Speaker 2: I know you guys will always come back, and we appreciate you guys for always coming back, and thank you. You might have dropped off, Oh really from one boll chat missing I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not in the mood for you. Matt texting me right away it's seven thirty. No, I'm sure Matt that, I am sure Matt did. Matt's one of our number one listeners. So, speaking of Matt, we didn't get to talk about it. Okay, I need to talk about the bike ride that I did. Oh my gosh, that we did a week and a half, two weeks ago whatever it was at this point. So it was spectacular. It was hot as balls, like your balls are what like ninety eight point six. No, they're a little bit cooler. That's why they're outside the body. Did you know that they're not the same temperature as the rest of your body That they're outside because they need to stay cooler. That's why they're external. Oh, the more you know, Andrew, the more I know. So it was hotter than balls because it was probably close to one hundred degrees on that fine Saturday morning, jeez. And so there were about two hundred and fifty or so bicyclists and there were three different trips. One was a ten mile, one was a twenty five mile, one was sixty two miles, which was out of control nikes. So we all lined up, we went, we did our thing, and it was through the scenic, picturesque streets of the north shore of Long Island. That sounds wonderful. It was. It was really nice. But the thing is, though, you know, we would ride uphill and then make a left turn and then go uphill some more, and then go uphill more. Like it was like this entire thing was freaking uphill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like bike riding for that reason. I am proud of myself though. I did not get off my bike and walk once, not once, and I was a good guy. Look, I have to keep going, you know, I can't. It's the thing I can't. I can't ride slow, so I have to go. I'll stop, but I can't ride slow, so I had to like go up a little bit and I would stop at a little area and wait for Matt to come and he'd be dripping sweat, give me the finger, and then we would continue on every once in a while. To be honest, that would be me because I hate bike riding that much. You were gonna do it though.
Speaker 2: I could have done it, for sure. It wouldn't have been great and I probably would have swept my ass off, but I would done it.
Speaker 1: I would like to try it with you one time, which you book it. Say lets yeah. That's the same as say no more. Yeah. Wow, that's a quicker way to say that. Huh. I never heard that before anyway. So the total bike ride for the day raised over a hundred thousand dollars for cancer research and Team Cerealousle Nuts, which was Matt and myself. We raised just about five thousand dollars. That's great. So that was spectacular and I have to thank our incredible listeners go for it that donated some money. And if I'm missing you, I apologize, But this is just the ones that I saw in like the little scrolly thing on the page. Stephanie, Pam, Amy, Angie, Jody, Melissa, Elena, Henry, Vanessa, Carrol, Dina, Jennifer, Robin, Brandy, and whoever else might have that I didn't see. I'm sorry, but it was. It was a great day. Yeah, good fun, that's great. And I was riding my priority bike, the one that I remember, the bike that I won from the iHeart Life thing that they have downstairs, like a couple of summers ago spectacular bike. It is belt driven. Did you know that I have no idea what that means. You know how a bicycle has a chain, Yeah, you know, and sometimes the chain will fall off and you're like, damn it, you get grease all over your fingers. This bike it's a belt like it's a look at treadmill almost like that belt of like in a car, the serpentine belt, you know, the belt that runs the engine and it'll swap them. It's a belt. It's so cool. So there's no dirt or grease and the chain won't break because it's a belt. It's crazy. I've never seen a boat me neither are So many people stop me, they're like, what is that? So that was fun? I love that anyway. How was your beach house? We didn't talk about it so much. Fun. Yeah, I had a great time. Remember the time when you had to come up here for like ten minutes and then drive all the way back. It was a great time. Loved that for me. What a journey it was. But yeah, it was, it was. It was fun. We did a boat on that Saturday at this place called f Cove. Is it like a place where people have sex.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: So it's like a little inlet near brick, New Jersey, and everyone drives their boats there. The water, when I tell you, was like that color green see on that board?
Speaker 1: Is that good or bad? It's bad? It should be that color blue. Well it wasn't, I'll tell you that much. Huh. And everyone was just partying and it was it was a fun time. Is that because lots of people piss and vomit in that water? I'm sure they do. That water was the nastiest. I just I could not wait to shower swimming in it, Yeah, because otherwise you just stood on a boat. And how do you do on boats? Are you're like, you're fine on boats? Knock on wood? Do you drink alcohol on boats? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's what it was. It was a party boat. We had it for three hours. We left, went to this cove, stayed in the cove for about an hour or two, and then took the boat back.
Speaker 1: See we went on our friend Patty's fishing boat a couple of years ago, and the kids got sick on it. Oh really, like there was and there was a garbage can, and some other kid was just like projectile in the garage. No no, no, no, no, no, no, I know, because it sets you off. Yeah, but the whole boat smelled like fish guts, and it was like it's like one of those I can kind of tolerate it, but it was. It was a little rocky and fishy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was like an oversized pontoon boat. So you pretty much had room to like hang out and part already, and you know, sit on a couch if you wanted to. But it was all outdoors, and I think that helps. When you're outside you get the breeze. Oh, I think that helps if you're like below deck and you're like in a room and you're like, all, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if I could do that on a small boat. That's that's like trying to sleep on a boat. Sleeping on boats is great if you're passed out, yes, or on a yacht or on a yacht, but I don't think I could do it on a fishing boat. Let me tell you a Life of Pie. I'm dead, What's Life of Pie? That's the movie where he has like the tiger on the boat with him. So you're saying this as if I should have seen a movie you're talking about. Well, it was a very famous movie. I never even heard a book Life of Pie. Life of Pie, like three point one four Pie Pi? Yeah, Like you have an investigator, No, No, Like basically, there's a ship, the ship has a.
Speaker 2: Thing, the guy is stuck on the boat, and then I think he sees a tiger, the tigers with him on this like fishing boat and they become friends or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't read the book or watch the movie, but I just know basic premise. Okay, but I couldn't survive on a boat by myself. No, absolutely not. Why would that ever occur?
Speaker 1: You never know what happens if like, you're on a ship and some pirate comes on and kills everyone else and then jumps overboard and you're the only one that's left. Yeah R what R? That's your pirate. I can't do it right, but that your pirate almost sounds like I don't know what your pirate sounds like. Ah? Is it like a porn star pirate? It's a pinky up pirate. Are you know they have that that talk like a pirate day? I think that's so dumb. Everyone's like, do you keep track with like the national Days? I don't even know that. I don't, but when that one comes up, everyone tries to be hilarious and I don't like it. You wench are whereas you would go are? Yes, exactly, you're refined pirate. Oh who's that? That's Billy Porter. Oh that's right. I don't get that hair trend. That's his real hair. It's not. And then you just have a loop connecting the other ponytail. Okay, it's like macroma in your hair. We used to make that stuff in Sleepway Camp. We'd make the flower pot holders with macroma. Fine, it was fun. It was fun. You know what I've been doing also lately. That's fun. What painting? I don't mean like artist painting. Like I painted Ashley's room. It took me like two weeks.
Speaker 2: I despise painting with every fiber of my being. Well, I hate it. I don't find it fun. I find it stressful. I hate getting into all the little nooks and crannies. I hate how you have to keep like a whole thing on the ground so this way no paint drips. I hate that you have to worry about paint drips. It's just not fun.
Speaker 1: I did have a little bit of drippage. Also, some paint spilled. Did there Do they have carpet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I had it covered. I was trying to be funny. But so she had a whole wall that was I had done this probably like six years ago, and so I painted her room gray back then, and it was a wall of like turquoise stencils. So there was like these little stencils all over the wall, and so I had to first sand them down because they were like paint on top of paint, so you can't paint right on top of it. And then because it was turquoise and the paint she wanted was like gray, I'd do like three coats and then I'd do the ceiling and it was just such a nightmare. Yes, and now you're finding that fun. No, but Cooper wants me to do her room, and I promised that I would. What color? She just wants gray on gray. She has a two tone room because she is like molding the girls across the middle, so she wants she wants darker gray on the bottom and a lighter gray up top because she's gonna go get a bunch of new room decre She's very excited to order room decre and hang up all this crap on her walls. So that that should be fun. But yeah, I don't know. Painting is just I thought it would be therapeutic, but it's just not. It's a lot of work. It's stressful. You sweat, yes, because you can't like keep a window open. No, I mean you could cooler. I could have, but it was so hot out. And then and then I was up on the ceiling with a hair dryer because there was splotches. No, no, no, no, no. It was just it was a lot. And I couldn't tell you how many times I was at the hardware store. I mean I went back and forth seven times a day. I needed this type of brush that I needed an extra roller because it was a different color. And then I forgot that I needed paint tape. And it was just you're a really good dad. It was a whole that I appreciate it, but it was just a lot of work and I'm not looking forward to doing it again. But I'm going to good. I'm going to or you can hire someone and they could do it for you. That's like ten times the price. That's true. All I gotta buy is like three cans of paint, and I can get it done because I have all the stuff. Now. Yeah, anyway, what you got anything? Would you like a snack because somebody sent us snacks? Sure? Or are you getting your egg bacon, egg and cheese wrap? I already did you ate it already? Okay? I needed breakfast. I didn't have any breakfast today. First of all, can we think Brianna Sure from Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania. Thank you Brianna from Drexel Hill. Do you know what she sent? No socks? Yes, oh she sent me my socks and crunch socks and I got Lucky charm sauce. Yay, Thank you Brianna. They were very cool. It's kind of crazy to me the people actually send us stuff. I love that you guys send us stuff. Yeah, it is so exciting. If you want to send us whatever cereal related or not, just go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com and our addresses over there on the left hand side somewhere. Thank you so much, other Scott for taking care of that. Do you know this is a Target brand? Yeah? Up and up, Yeah, that's their like, uh, there's no stationary but there they're school supply, there's whatever there. What do you call that stuff? Is it stationary? Still? Is school supplies? Office supply, office supplies? Whatever? And we also got what do we get? I think these our friends in Brooklyn from Granola Lab. Remember I showed you this. They said that Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, here's a note for you. Wait, hold up, we're not going to do this now though, because we're gonna do it on Serial Killers. But it's there's there's some snacks in here too.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, enjoy this local treat many things for all the smiles and laughs, love y'all. Patricia, Shoot, thanks Patricia, that's real nice.
Speaker 1: And Alex from the Granola Lab in Brooklyn. Huh. I will eat them whenever unless you're to see them. Do you want a little snack cranberry cashiw compound? Oh here, you would like this one. I don't like coffee flavored.
Speaker 2: Thing coffee, chocolate and hazel not granola almond less?
Speaker 1: What's cardamom? Cardamom is that I don't know, like a spice? Oh? Oh yeah? These all have like spicy things except this one. Pecan or pecan maple syrup and orange granola. That sounds so interesting. Do you know what movie I saw?
Speaker 2: Not that you're gonna care that, Nope movie, Nope, I gotta tell you the note we're gonna thank them on a Serial Killers episode we just did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on like a Serial Killers episode, Oh little, I get it, okay, the one where we actually review cereal.
Speaker 2: I got it, okay, So I saw Nope and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. Why because the ending was just so bad and I don't understand why it was so bad.
Speaker 1: What's this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got we got this the other day. Yeah, this is more granola. People love sending us stuff. Well wait on this, Okay, they have like a cool box. Yeah, go ahead with your Nope, sorry, nope, nope, nope. It just wasn't good. What was it? I don't don't. I mean, I've heard it's a UFO aliens. You don't like alien movies, not really all that sci fi stuff. I just not into it, not into it. No scary movies, alien movies. No, I'm sorry. This thing is squeaking. Did you see the Minions movie? I did? Wow, Cooper and I went. We saw it in three D. Grew they still make movies in three D.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got the glasses and I didn't. That makes me sick. So, if I'm being real, that makes me sick. I do not like watching an entire movie in three D. I get like queasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wasn't sure if Cooper was gonna be able to take it, but she was fine with it. And they're not the old school red and blue three D glasses anymore, the cool ones, and I took them. You're supposed to recycle them at the end, but I took them. And I walked into Cooper's room last night and she was watching something with them. I'm like, what are you doing. I guess there was some Netflix cartoon or something that was in three D, but it wasn't this. You probably needed the red and blue glasses. These didn't work so well. But well, three dtvs were really big too. I remember my family we got a three D TV. That was the thing. For a second. I went and got the glasses. I had to tell you.
Speaker 2: The Hubble Telescope documentary in three D amazing to this day, one of my favorite documentaries ever, The Hubble Telescope. If you find it anywhere. It's an IMAX movie. You can watch it on anything that you have. It is so good. It's all about space and it's fascinating, but.
Speaker 1: It's probably better in three D. I don't know if the three D really add anything, because the three DTV is the concept in like, sounded good, right, but then when you would watch it, you're like sitting in your home and being like, oh my eyes are getting a little queasy. That was a gimmick. I mean was it. Did you have to wear glasses or was it like a thing on the screen.
Speaker 2: No, you had to wear glasses and you would turn the glasses on and you could actually see the three D like sometimes it was good.
Speaker 1: But could you watch TV regular on it too? So it had to be a special three D program? Right? It wouldn't just make any program. Oh I understand. So there it was a regular TV, but something were in three D.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you had to get a special Blu ray player that also would play it was like the biggest scam.
Speaker 1: Let's be real. Well, now you can just watch a three D movie on whatever you're watching on as long as you have the proper glasses, right, Like, welly was Cooper watching something at three D on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Because they make three D programming. But like, if you don't have the glasses, then it doesn't do anything for.
Speaker 1: You, right, So why did you need a special three D TV? Because you needed the three D TV to play it? But so, but she was watching something in three D on her regular dumb TV, well on Netflix with glasses I have. I don't think that's gonna work for her? Then I think it kind Then why would they Why would they offer it? Do they still make three D TVs? Yeah? Oh they do, think I think I haven't. I was it was it was a fad, yeah it was. And curve TVs were the other fad or right that was like my dad had one for like a second. Really he might still have it. I never got the premise of that. Why am I watching a curve TV?
Speaker 2: Like when am I ever sitting someplace and I'm like, I want to feel like I'm in the picture.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that how movie screens are? So I think maybe they were trying to I'm a movie screen.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I'm buying a sixty five inch television. I'm not in a movie theater. I'm in my home.
Speaker 1: I got you, well see that. That's another thing I did while I was doing actually the room and I'm like, oh god, damn it. We had a TV in the den above the fireplace. It was a sixty five inch and the top right corner was like getting wonky. It'd be bright and then knot and then bright and the knot just in one spot. So when we redid the downstairs, we took that TV off the wall. We put a new one up and I took that TV and I just put it in my closet. Huh, maybe we can give it to somebody. And this is like two years ago, and so while I was doing Ashley's room, She's like, can you put that TV in my room? I don't care if there's a little splotch. And I was like, no problem, that's fine. So I put the mount on the back and everything and screw you mounted it yourself, not on the wall. I got a mount, you know, just to sit on the table, a universal mount. And of course they give you every size screw except the one that I needed. So here I am like going back to the hardware straight. Yeah, back to the hardware store to buy three four screws. Came home, did it? Put it up? Why would I have tested the TV before I did all this? So I lugged it up on top of the dresser and I was like, ah, I've turned it on and it's all black right down the middle, and I'm like, what happened. It's been sitting in my closet where my clothes and sneakers are for two years already, and every time like I need sneakers, I'll pull it back and like grab my sneakers. So it probably was like pushed around too much. But then I was like, I don't know, and I left it on for a little while and I changed programming or whatever, and then it came back like all of a sudden, mister Bean came on. It was called Bean and Bee or something like that. I don't know, some weird Netflix series. And then it was fine. But then I turned it off again and put Stranger Things on and there was a huge black line right down there, like the whole middle of it. So I don't know if it's going to come back or not. I feel bad, Like it's very impressive. It's a giant TV in this kid's room. Yeah, you know, so it looks cool and I'm like, ash, I don't I'm not sure it's going to be hit or missed this thing. She's like, just leave it, you know, maybe it'll work. But I don't know what to do. I don't want to put her little jankety dusty TV that was in there. I feel bad putting it, but I might have to.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should get her a tube TV. Yeah, the box. Do you remember those?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, If anybody does I do, Andrew, It's crazy. We used to have one downstairs in our basement. It was like and it had the box and it was on wheels. I remember when I moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My aunt Bee had just died.
Speaker 1: She was like ninety eight years old, and they were cleaning her house out and you want her TV? And I said, okay. It was this giant box swivel thing. So you got to try to imagine it was heavy as all hell. You needed four like burly weightlifter dudes to carry this thing up two flights of stairs, and you know, it had a swivel thing on the bottom, so it would always hit into the wall and bash the wall and whatnot. We finally got it up there, but it was heavy. And then when I was leaving, I didn't have anybody to help me take it out. I just left it there. So but but those were those were, you know, and the weight of TVs even within the last ten years, like the flat screen has gone down significant, right, Like so Ashley's old TV was a fifty inch and it was from two thousand and I don't know, fourteen or something like that. Lifting that thing up even though it was a flat screen was so heavy, But then the sixty five inch I put up there weighed nothing. Yeah, my TV.
Speaker 2: I bought it and took it home myself and carried it up three flights of steps. And then when I got it, I opened it up in my kitchen and the TV just opened like this, right onto the.
Speaker 1: Floor and it shatter, no shock, and it worked. Yes, Wow, you're lucky. I'm so lucky, very sense I know. And by the way, can we now stop saying flat screen TV? Can we just say TV? At this point, I guess like they don't still sell giant box TVs anymore. They're all flat screen.
Speaker 2: No, I would love a box TV again. Those things were so fun, okay, and you could, I don't know, click click change the channel ours was just gigantic and you could touch the screen and the screen was kind of like staticky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird. Oh memories, Andrew ed we'll be back right after this quick break, and we're back. You know. Sometimes two or three of the same commercials will play. Yeah, why is that? I don't know, you haven't noticed, Yes, I have on our podcast. You listen. Yes, wow, what did I say in last episode? In two minutes in you wouldn't know. You don't like us. Do you want to see us fail? No? I don't think you do, Andrew. I just don't think that you're as into this podcast as maybe some of the other podcasts that you handle well, because they got deadlines on those. Well, we have deadlines too.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, Yeah, Wednesdays. We missed last deadline because we both were very busy. And I just say one thing, and this is not a knock. I'm just saying this. I said last Wednesday, Hey, why don't we do This is not a knock, but then it is a knock. Be up front and open.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm knocking you. Okay. Last Wednesday, I said, at ten o'clock, let's just record it and we'll put it right up. Man, it's too late. Nobody cares it is late. Well, if it gets posted at eleven thirty twelve o'clock, who cares. It's still there. People can listen on their way home.
Speaker 2: It's easy for you to say that because you just get to go no la la, I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have to sit here and export it and sit and just wait, and then I have to title it, and then it gets published, and then.
Speaker 1: It's just, Oh, that sounds seriously dramatic. That sounds so dramatic. I don't know how to do it, but it's dramatic. That's you. I don't understand something. But because I don't, I'm just gonna say it's easy and I could do it. I could. Why don't you teach me one day? It's very simple. But just said it's very simple. It's simple to do, but it takes time. Yeah, well time is uh.
Speaker 2: Just how used to edit all these podcasts and then that went out the window. Now you just write a description.
Speaker 1: Well, I just think it should be all natural.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, cool, cool, Yeah that changed the minute I took that off your plate.
Speaker 1: Now you just write the descriptions. No, I curate the episodes too. There's no plate. There's no way I would be able to edit from this thing. It's not in my thing over there. How many times have I told you the MP three is in there and you can edit it. I don't have Yeah, there we go. When's the last time you took something out of the library. I'm not doing that. What I'm not eating old cereal today? What the hell are you talking about? Are what library you're talking about? The cerial library. This is not a serial podcast. So what are you talking about? A library?
Speaker 3: Live?
Speaker 1: You know what a library is? Do you do what a library is? Live, scot Do you know what a library is?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 1: I take that millennial? When is the last time you took something out of a library? If ever, I belong to a library, I belong to the Jersey City Library. I do. I do also not Jersey City, but I have a Jersey City it's dirty car. Actually it's the most expensive place for rent in. I saw that country right now. Let me tell you something. I'm pissed off about that. My rent went up significantly. Well that's because the library tax went up.
Speaker 2: No, it's because everyone moved because of the pandemic. And then afterwards they were like, wait, why am I living here in the suburbs. I made a giant mistake. I need to move back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wait till congestion pricing kicks in. Everyone New Jersey's going to be so pissed because you get double taxed. What you have to pay a toll and then you have to pay congestion pricing when you get here. Have fun? Hold up? Yeah what yeah, it's kind of congestion pricing. Are you not aware of this?
Speaker 2: I know that they were saying, like above Midtown you'd have to pay like a certain depending on the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So people that are not from or know New York apparently they just don't want as many cars driving around, which they shouldn't. So they've been talking about congestion pricing for quite some time now, which means you would pay a toll of sorts to drive anywhere in Midtown and south in New York City. And what do these dopes think that they're putting the tolls? They're just going to be those things that go above so once you enter the city, it's just kill over the Holland Tunnel. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's cashless tolling. This is stupid. I'm mad, I'm really mad. And do you know that it is their say that it could be up to thirty dollars per day on top of the toll that you pay to get here. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 2: If you're going to do that, then you better make the subway the most pristine, easy to ride thing in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Well that's where all this money apparently is going, is to the MTA of New York what dude, Probably to pay all the pensions and crap for the traditions are falling apart, Yes they are. There is no way that this money can fix anything. They need to revamp the whole thing. They say it's going to raise a billion dollars a year for the MTA, but I don't know. See. But the thing is, though not all of us can take mass transit, I cannot. I can't. There's no train for me at four o'clock in the morning that will get me where I need to be exactly at five o'clock on time. It's not a possibility for everybody. So what they're saying is people that enter the city below sixtieth Street will have to pay whatever this toll is. And of course the fifty ninth Street Bridge is a block below sixtieth, so you'd have to pay to use that. So all these free bridges that you st river bridges that are down here will not be free anymore because you'll be paying congestion pricing to come. We came up with this plan rich people. I'd like to write them a letter. Seriously, they're like rich, like people that are on this board that are all this is so dumb plotting this.
Speaker 2: I don't understand, but I will say there is a there. There's only one positive that's come out of this. It's not going to change how many people are gonna be driving arc tunnel that is now gonna connect New Jersey more New York agreed to pay half.
Speaker 1: What are you talking are what are you talking about? So the trains then? Have you ever like done New Jersey Transit? I have. It's miserable. I know the worst experience. It's not it's not good. It's slow, it doesn't go anywhere good. You don't want to use it ever. You can go to secaucas You.
Speaker 2: Go to secaucas You can go to a random town that's like a somewhat beachy town, but you're not anywhere close to the beach, right, It's just random stops.
Speaker 1: It's dumb.
Speaker 2: Whoever created infrastructure in the United States jail, immediate jail, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. Every other country, they drop you off in a perfect place. They beautiful, the train stations are beautiful, and the trains are clean.
Speaker 2: If we're really going to break this down, trains need to be dropping you off in walkable locations.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't be dropping you off in just a parking lot. Exactly. You should be in a downtown area somewhere where you can do things. Exactly, give me a couple of restaurants and not need any get there. Yes, but because we are a car reliant society, that didn't happen. I get it. But you can't penalize people that need to be pass with a car.
Speaker 2: So back to the New Jersey Transit one. Our trains are legitimately falling apart. And the tunnel that goes into New York, it's called the Arc Tunnel. It's been a plan. There's only two tunnels because it's collapsing right Hurricane Sandy. They said it's corroding it to the point where they are expecting a catastrophic event to happen in order for.
Speaker 1: It to be fixed. They said it was that bad. Did they finally approve that? If they approved it, but how do you think it's going to take to build it twenty years? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, we sound really angry about in my section.
Speaker 1: I know it's just annoying because companies are not giving us any more money. Our salaries are not going up, but our tolls are going to increase by two three four hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 2: It's insane. I don't drive into the city anymore for that reason alone. It's too much. And does that mean ubers from Jersey City into here are going to be more expensive?
Speaker 1: Now? Probably you're probably going to have to eat the cost or pay the cost whatever. I'm over it. I'm over it. I hate living here. I don't know how me asking you about a library got us here because you mentioned my rent going up. That's another thing.
Speaker 2: And now I have to pay congestion pricing, and now I have to pay five hundred dollars more on my rent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in what world this one?
Speaker 2: I was given a bumhand getting born in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, it was much easier when the radio station was in Secaucus, in New Jersey, in the swamp, in the middle of nowhere. I love that, you know. Can we go back? Elvis tried back to the Bayou. They were not having it. I would love that. Yeah, I don't want to go into this city anymore. I'm over the city. I love the city, but it is is just outpricing everybody. You just can't afford to be here, live here, work here, enjoy it. Nothing. Yeah, they want everybody to come back, but that holy hell, in a hand basket, in a hand basket. Yeah. So anyway Cooper is doing is doing this travel thing for the summer. So she's a she's at a day camp and that has a little travel to really spent ten minutes talking about infrastructure trains, Well, let's talk about bust. Let's talk about buses then. So I've only ever taken a New York bus once. Really, they're kind of frightening. You know what was convenient? Yeah, I used to much. I used to take the National County buses by my house when I was like thirteen years old. I would get out of school and I would take the bus to the mall to buy the latest forty five or cassette single. You can so see this. Also, I started watching Stranger Thing season four. That's the l from Laverne. What's Laverne? Laverne and Shirley ooh ocele Because we've talked about this before, we're so like eighty d. Anyway, so Cooper does these did you watch Change Your Thing season four? I didn't watch any of Stranger Things ever. Ever. Do you have hids? Yes they do. They must be terrified. They do. They love it. They'll tell you. I was scared, really yeah, I was scared a little bit. Have we have the cinniment toast crunch box from the show. Did we eat it? No? So it's I want to sell it, I think, but there's a tiny little tear in the corner and takes a value down. It was the last box. I don't I shouldn't have bought it anyway. So Cooper takes these little day trips or whatever. And last week or two weeks ago, she did the six Flags New Jersey. Oh yeah, yeah, Hurricane Harbor, six Flags, the whole thing. So they were gone for three days and three days yeah, and on the coach they camp out at. They went to hotels. So on the camp bus or the coach bus anyway, they said, it has a DVD player, so send DVDs. And you know, since we really don't watch DVDs anymore, most of our DVDs are gone either that other in bins that I have no idea where they are. So Cooper said, can we go to the library and get DVDs? Did they have them there? And I was like, yeah, they do. You know, I've been to the library in a while. So we went and she picked out six DVDs, you know, mostly like kiddie ones and whatnot, But then she also picked out Ghostbusters After Life. Oh so good. Yeah, I never I didn't see it. Oh it was so good. You have to watch it. So we're good. Oh. First of all, while we were picking out DVDs, some guy literally crapped his pants as he walked by us. No, I could not believe it. And if he didn't crap his pants, it was the worst smell I've ever smelled in my entire life. And he just made it like nothing happened. Oh, the entire like the entire library, the entire media section. Oh no, had to evacuate. It smelled like a sewer explode. Oh god, it was so nauseating. And he's just like, hey, can I borrow some headphones? You know, to the guy at the circulation desk, And I was like, how are you just going about her today? Like it's horrible when you literally just shit your pants, Like I don't know. It was a Cooper and I looked at each other. I said, was that you? And She's like, no, is it you? I said no, and we both point to this dude so anyway, we got the we got the DVDs, and we were heading up to the countercoupers like how much does this cost? Is it going to be expensive? And so she doesn't quite get the concept of the library. I said, no, you're we're just borrowing them. You don't cost anything unless we don't return them. Then you get the fee. Then you get the fee, you know. So we took them out, and the Ghostbusters Afterlife was a three day rental. The other ones where I think, you know, eight or seven or eight or whatever it was, so we had to get it back the day she came back. So of course she came back. The other ones were there, Ghostbusters Afterlife was not. She's like, oh, I thought it. I thought I saw it in there, and the group leader was like, oh my god, we don't know where it is. I'll call the bus company and never found it. So I was like, all right, I'll take care of this. And I was about to bid on one on eBay because they were like, it was like twelve bucks. I thought, you know, the library wanted to charge fifty dollars for it? What five? Oh fifty dollars hard pass. I'm like, what is this nineteen ninety nine VHS because back in the day they woul charging like one hundred twenty five dollars for a VHS tape. It was missing nuts, you know, so I was like, I don't know. So what I did is did they.
Speaker 2: Put like a number on the DVD or like a sticker? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, So then they know it's not their copy. Of course, so I couldn't do that. So I was about to buy it on eBay and the group leaders like, they will be an Amazon package delivered to your house tomorrow, don't ask any questions. And I was like, you don't have to do that, I'll do it. She's like, it's fine. So the Amazon comes, it's Ghostbusters After Life. So I'm like, what do I do now?
Speaker 1: So I just I went to the library, and you know, I never I don't want to say anything bad about library people, but anyway, so I went to the desk about library people. I went to the return desk and the guy was like, can I help you know, and I said listen. I said listen, I'm I. My daughter went to camp took the DVD and it did not make it back. I'm so sorry. Here I got a new one. So he's like, Greg, do you know how to do her replacement? I don't know what this is and I'm and he's like no, So they he just like put a post it note on it and wrote like, Sarah, this is a replacement for whatever. Because he's like, I have to have the my boss take care of this. And I was like, okay, so we're good. Yeah, this seems very intense. I was like, we're good. No late fees. Like, He's like, no, I noted on your account that it's a replacement. I said, all right, thank you very much, and then I left. And of course the next day what comes home from Camp Ghostbusters After your Life? Yeah, So now I'm in a pickle. I'm like, what do I do? Yeah. I was like, you know, we could just keep this one, yeah, because I've already replaced it. But I was like, I just threw it in the in the night deposit box and just drove away. So now they have two. Yeah, that's nice. I mean, this story was stupid. There was no need for it. But I just you know, I haven't I haven't taken anything out from the library and I didn't even know my card was still going to work. Because every once in a while they make you renew it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when they make you mine literally has a piece of tape on it that had the expiration dates. This way, when it was over, they could just take out the piece of tape, yeah tape and put a new one.
Speaker 1: I don't expire anymore. They used to it, and I was like, why why would it expire? What are you doing? I'm just poking holes? Oh but I mean the library actually is a plethora of stuff, so it I don't think people realize like what the library has.
Speaker 2: Your local library has everything from new releases to movies to anything in between. You can get whatever you need from the library. That's why I joined it because it was like, why am I spending money on books?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I wonder if they still have microfilm or microfiche. I don't hear the difference is you figure that out? If you do, know they got rid of the card catalogs. Do you know what else you could get? What if you have a library card?
Speaker 2: Sign up for libby l Ibby it's an app and it links to your library card and you can take out digital copies of the books.
Speaker 1: Most of them do have that name. It's great I love that one too. And you know what, I was watching CBS Sunday morning last weekend and they were showing like Libraries of the future, and there were some libraries around they have podcast studios. What yes, I forget where this library was, Michigan or something like that, but there was a podcast studio and they have all kinds of stuff. Now it's not just you know, old school Dewey decimal system. What I know what the Dowey I never actually understood it. We I had to take.
Speaker 2: We actually had a library class in grammar school and you had to and I would always fail the Dowey decimal part.
Speaker 1: I remember taking a field trip to the library. That's where we all got our library cards. The first time. It was in kindergarten. It was a pink It was a pink card, I'll never forget it laminated with my name on it and it was all handwritten. There was no barcodes or anything like that. You know. So, but yeah, that's that's self insurance. You're okay there. I have my student ID. Our library so big it has an elevator. I have my college diploma in pocket sized phone. Really why they sent it to us? And I was like, you know, what do you ever have that sounds fun? Prove that you graduated college.
Speaker 2: No, And if anything, it's funny because I keep my student ID right above it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's how you get your fake apple discounts. Yeah, I don't think they really care. You just go to the store and say I'm a student. You can show them anything. It's just kind of like when we were in high school. I don't know if we were seniors yet. We were either juniors or seniors, and we used to go to the All American Food Mart. It was one of those like shady delis that had a back room. Oh, the backroom had porn, but I like that was the caveat it was. There was a backroom dot dot dot. The backroom had porn, right, but you know this is where all the high school kids went to get beer and stuff like that. And I just I remember a friend of mine. They called him Budman. You know, he was a very big beer drinker. And was this in high school. This was in high school. We were either juniors or seniors. We were probably going into our senior year, so we were sixteen seventeen, somewhere in there, maybe eighteen, but most of us were not eighteen, and so we go to the place. The guy's name was Sharish. I'll never forget. Good guy. Good guy. So my friend brings this giant keg, you know, and slams it down and the guy's like, you have ID and he goes. He takes out this card and it's literally his dad's library card photo copied in yellow and orange, and it's this bald guy with a beer in glasses and he's like, yeah, and did you get it? Goes, okay, fifty dollars or whatever the hell it was. He paid and we walked out with kegs. It was great. I have to make this quick phone call. Oh, here we go job, So why don't we just take a break. Okay, yeah, we'll be back right after this. Andrew will now edit through the magic of digital editing. Hello, we're back, and we're back. Yeah, And I was singing, all right? Was that an important call?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: Really? Could you have gotten fired if you did not answer that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I almost did today. You did almost get fired today. You know, sometimes when you submit things, they don't wait. So so okay. So the day that we're recording this, the morning show was in Miami, yeah, yes, and Elvis asked you to order them an Uber suv so they could get from the hotel to the radio station.
Speaker 2: No, it was booked through carry limousines because you can I book car services.
Speaker 1: We don't wait for ubers. Oh yeah, So they made it seem like you ordered them an Uber and it was supposed to be an suv and this little like Maxima showed up. Okay, So no, it was a sedan okay, and it wasn't great and it was for five people with luggage. Well, somehow they made it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wrote here the ground transportation. Let me see what I wrote, because then you go back.
Speaker 1: And you're like you second guess yourself. Oh, I sdon guessed myself on everything too. You know how many times I'd run back into the studio to make sure it's an auto so things. You know what I wrote right there? A car pickup.
Speaker 2: I thought you would just understand it was an suv, But how would she understand it was for an suv? I never made that clear. Again, It's all on me, And I apologized profusely.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that we have this audio. Yeah, that's fine, I apologized, look it over text. Oh yes, they do.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you I was sleeping. I didn't even get the call. I woke up to two text messages and like a phone call. Or you were sleeping when at what time?
Speaker 1: Five o'clock? Normally you're like up and almost here at five o'clock. How come you didn't come out. I'm walking two Sam's by five twenty. But you would have if you were awake, like you were supposed to be on your way to work. You would have been right because you told me you were coming in at six this morning. Sure will be there, surely at six. I have that in a text.
Speaker 2: You didn't come in until eight forty five times a construct, and so it's really it's up for you for your interpretation of it.
Speaker 1: You know, well, you know what, I ran out of time this morning and I was unable to stop at bagel boss, Can you go next week?
Speaker 2: I would Oh that strawberry cream cheese on the biali? Oh, I just want that so bad.
Speaker 1: Now half the country is saying, what's a bali? Although we've been here before so we already mentioned this. Yes, but I do have to get up earlier to do this for you, you know that, right? Well, the thing is only go if other people are in you know, how'd you get that fon go for me? First of all? No, because you know how much longer that takes if you need it for everyone, if you need like six or seven bagels.
Speaker 2: Oh as you might say to me, Oh, yes, dear, I understand I have to take everyone's breakfast orders.
Speaker 1: You never called you dear, went Oh, yes you have? I have not. I will find me on the listeners, find me. I know you're out there. He has called me dear before. No, that's you be doing me. You've said, dear, you're doing me? Does dear? No, you have called me that, maybe deer in a headlights, But I've never called you d e a R deer you have? If I have, I'll apologize. But I don't believe that I have. No, I don't use that terminology. Yes, are you serious? Yes, you're like not joking. No, I don't think like life no ceas, I don't think that I do. How do you know that? Because you say it all the time. I don't really say that anymore? When do I say that? I can't? Are you good? Are you forgetting things? Do we need the previlege? In? We do need the privilegeen And when are they sponsoring this podcast? No? Expensive, because you might need it. Okay, you say dear, you'll be like dear. No, my daughter Cooper says that all the time. Oh really, Yeah, I don't say that, you do. I want to know when, and I'd like to hear it. And I will not say it anymore that I don't say it. No, it's like you'll say it like in a like a kind descending me, like, yes, I've got it, deer. That's very condescending. Yeah, that's just like bless your heart, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the northern version of bless your heart.
Speaker 1: Yes, dear, would you be a deer? Yes? Yeah? How do we get there? I don't know, condescending? You were saying time, time is of essence or whatever you're saying. Time is time, time is timing. And I love that, Hooty and the blow for your song time is time time? Why you punish me? Oh? Google? Get song from like ninety five ninety sixty four ninety five on Cracked rear View. Do you know what I want to go see? I want to go to Austin City Limits. I think it was on Crack Review. I want to go to Austin city limits. So bad is that? Is that? Some like it's a big festival in Austin.
Speaker 2: It's not country. They have everybody, it's this year's lineup is Casey musk Graves, which his country? Oh love Casey musk Graves. Zach Bryan, He's country.
Speaker 1: Country is so good? Brian, and a Zach Brown. That's too much Zach. And there's a Luke Bryan. That's confusing. And they all exist in the same country world. Is there another Luke to or there someone else? Brian? Like, we could connect all of.
Speaker 2: These probably And I checked, actually, And when I say I checked, I just texted my friend who lives in Kentucky and said, are they related? They just had really bad flooding there is she okay, my friends are Okay, yeah, Okay. They're in East Kentucky which kind of avoided the floods. They're more in the mountains. Okay, you would have a great time there.
Speaker 1: I would have a great time. Lots of places. It is so try fine, majestic, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I don't think people like appreciated enough how many different types of climates we have.
Speaker 1: Seriously, my daughter actually just did a teen tour and went out west and were sending pictures home of like these incredible like this country is so full of so amazing things. Yes, the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore Canyon. See the Mount Rushmore. Yes, they went. She was there on July fourth. Does she have a picture? Yes? Can you show it to me? I can.
Speaker 2: I want to see it, Okay, that I would love to see one day. I have a feeling it's very underwhelming, but I would.
Speaker 1: Like to see it. Yes, see to me, though, it has to be a part of something else. I don't think that your journey can just be to round Mount Rushmore because then you're like, whoa click, All right, let's go. Well, it's South Dakota, right, or is it North Dakota. It's a Dakota. Yeah, it's a Dakota. Is a Dakota. Yeah, I think it's south. Something about it feels south. I believe it is South Dakota. And I'm just totally not being able to open anything right now.
Speaker 2: But I when we did the off the Grid trip last year to drive all the way from the Midlands of Texas to San Francisco and stop at Yosemite, Yosemite and stop at like the one that had what's the one that people smoke drugs in?
Speaker 1: Wow? Cool? Look at them, like standing in front of that is so cool. Yeah. Can you imagine be the person that had to construct this, to chisel that out and like what was it? Nineteen very early nineteen hundreds, right, do you think they made it where they can like add people to it. It looks like that was probably their idea, but they never did. I mean, I feel like, just add every president. Yeah, let's put Jimmy Carter up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if I think if you serve as a president, you deserve to be up there. No, I don't care what president, I think you should be up there.
Speaker 1: You get a coin, that's enough. Every president gets a coin, yes, really, yes, I didn't know that every president gets a dollar coin. I know they all get a presidential portrait and a library and you get Oh I wonder I want to get a car to a presidential library. Do you get a car?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is it a public library or it's just where you keep your records or something. I think it's just like a museum type thing. I think. I don't know, but yeah, every every president gets a dollar coin. I didn't know that I think they have to be dead for a while.
Speaker 2: Well, the presidential portrait needs to be donated to you, or in most cases it's donated.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, you have to pay for it. I think something like that. Yeah. So like I know Obama did bushes. Oh I see it's gifted. Yeah, he like gift. Yeah. And then they hung it up and it was a whole thing. Got it, so got it? I think that's fun. I want to go see the White House. I'm telling you, by the end of this year, I'm going to the White House. I have, I've been, but I've never been in I want to go so bad. I signed up for the stupid eggroll every year. Never wear that's not like the Chinese food, but the for Easter, you sign up for egg rolls. Yes, via growpub I have signed up for the Easter egg roll at the White House Lottery probably for the last ten years. Ever since Ashley was a little girl, I've been trying to do it every year and I got shut out every single year. And they're just about to be too old for that crap. Damn it. You know we tried with my god daughter. She lost. Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: We must we got to make friends. Yeah, we got to make friends with the Park Society. Once you're in with the parks, you can get anything you want Park Society. Actually that's a lie, because we tried to work with the Park Society when we did the off the Great Trip last year. I actually got someone in the government office and they're like, there's a lot of legal red tape around what we can it can't do for you.
Speaker 1: So we could give you some guides. The only society I know is the Children's Aid Society. I don't I'm really glad they made the Children's Aid Society. No, no, no, okay, none of that. Somebody will. I'm sure they will ride on a post and then it'll be Andy's an eighties actly what you're talking about. If you if you can, you google, sure to go to YouTube, go to YouTube, and we can nothing more. We can put it on this thing right on Superman Box. Yes, it's right. Children's Aid A. I D your hands are about to hit me. Sorry, Society p s A okay, yeah, and it should come up. It was a it was an eighties thing. We may have even talked about it a while back, but I think, uh, I don't know if we ever played the jingle. It was one of those Ad Council jingles from the eighties that were very, you know, memorable. Yeah, this is it, out of luck throwing up really ready made.
Speaker 3: The Children's Society Society?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, you don't remember that? What did you say? What year was from? Let me check? That's okay, don't worry about it. I don't even know what the Children's Aid Society is. They must have helped children and their parents. Uh, nineteen eighties, eighties Okay, I love old eighties PSA's they were so wacky and awesome. Yeah. Maybe we'll do a whole show about that one day. That'd be fine. It'll bring back memories for people. Nice little retrospective. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: We also have to get Greg Tea on we do I think you give me the clips.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to talk. Oh, we're doing all the video stuff? Oh? I forgot all about that. That would be fun. We could do it in like every the first Friday of the month. You know what. I gotta find the USB stick. Yeah, and you do it.
Speaker 2: We'll watch them live and have you guys react to it, and then I'll ask you questions.
Speaker 1: That could be a very long thing. Yeah, well, we'll do it the first Friday of the month. There's a lot to talk. I know, it'd be so much fun. I would love it. Wow, we could talk about that time when we hooked fire extinguishers up to the chair in Jersey City and the Staples parking lot and he was in a rocket chair and he just sprayed the fire extinguishers and the chair didn't go anywhere. I can't, but we pretend that it did. I lost no video. Then, Yeah, a lot of things that I want to find out. Oh, we did so much stuff. I gotta find the print out of all the bits that we've done. Find it and then we'll chat. All right, Yay? Is that it? I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's not the actual time because you had to take a call pal.
Speaker 2: So it was forty seven minutes. Dear, we had forty seven minutes at least.
Speaker 1: Okay? Is that enough for people without a doubt? See, I like to Here's what I like to do on Wednesdays. I like to get in the car here at the radio station, and I will put this podcast on and drive home. And I like to be home just as the podcast is ending. So that's why you stretch it. I need it to be like just about an hour, you know, because my ride in is forty two minutes, but my ride home is an hour and five. Yeah, or sometimes more congestion. Pricing is going to kill you. Apparently it's going to make things better. Andrew, it's not a whiz right out of the city. There's just gonna be more cars because people aren't gonna know. No, there's not gonna be more car And if anything, the ubers are now going to be like, I'm not picking you up because I'm not paying the thirty dollars. They'll be the same amount of cars and people just be paying stupid money. It's dumb. And you know what, in a cashless society, you don't even realize you're paying the money until you get the bill. True no to noon a new and you drive through the thing like a typewriter on wheels and it just reads your easy pass or your license plate and you're screwed. Kitching kitching. By the way, that's very outdated sound, even though people still, I think know what it means, like in all these commercials save money now Kijing, but cash registers haven't made the kaching noise in probably forty years they got to make it up chang. It was like click click click click jing click click click click kajing, and then the drawer would open and the little thing would pop up. No sale. You don't even know what that kind of cash register is.
Speaker 2: It's an old school you know, bept beepp But I know the old school ones.
Speaker 1: They sometimes keep them, like my barbershop has one. Really yeah, love that Yeah, And some people actually still use it, but it might be just for show at this point they'll just do click click clickshing is for sure. It doesn't really keep records anymore. Back the day would actually cash registers would register the cash that was put in it. That's why it's called a cash register. And at the end of the day on the BP BEEP ones it would print it beppep. It would print out a tape of all the transactions for the day. I remember my boss. At the end of the day, he would stick the cay in and turn it and I and a print like an entire freaking roll, like a roster for the entire It would look like a CVS receipt times one hundred, and it would just print the whole day's receipts out and it would register all the cash that was in the cash register, and if it didn't match up, somebody was getting fired. Did you know in.
Speaker 2: Japan most of their cash registers they still use cash for a lot. And what they would do is it was almost like an ATM. You'd hand them your money. They had a tray that they could just throw the change in. They had a thing like an atm almost where you'd put money in it. There was no counting money. You like that, put it in and it would just.
Speaker 1: Give you it back. All the computer would take care of the rest. Genius. Well, it's kind of like the self checkout lanes now that take cash.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's yes, yeah, but they would still have an attendant who would like make sure it worked.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing always was would be like nineteen and they give you a little tray to put your money in. I loved that too. Cute.
Speaker 2: Hey, you get like a nice little tray and they pass it to you like this, and you'd put the money in and then you pass it back. They pick it up and they'd go, do you remember going to use two hands? You never use one hand? Really, it's make disrespectful otherwise use two hands. Okay, yeah, just like you have to be careful at the casino. I never I'm always so scared. I never know, like if you're allowed to touch the money or where to put it or tap it or whatever.
Speaker 1: I get scared. Same you go to the cage and they're like I try to hand it to them and like no, no, no, put it down. You have to put it down so the camera can see it or whatever, and you can't like hand it to them it. Sometimes we get restrictions, even when it's like you're playing blackjack or something on a table and they're like tap it. I'm like, well that we need to see it. Why I don't. I get nervous. Yeah, I don't. I don't like being around that stuff. That scares me. But what I was saying is back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when handing or receiving something too or from somebody, it's considered more polite to use two hands in paying for something, whether in a store or restaurant. Continue, No, it's fine, I'll cut it in a second.
Speaker 1: No, but to me, like passing to me, like when you see people doing this, it's shady, but it's polite. Thank you so much, right though, like you're like sliding it to them on the table with both Can I have my money back there? I don't have a lot of it, so I just need whatever I have tipping, not a thing I have to find. But do you remember going to a store for the first time when you were a young kid, and it would be like nineteen fifteen, not the year, but that would be how much that was, And you give them a twenty dollars bill and then eighty five cents would shoot out of that machine into the little cup. Yes, right, yes, So the person at the register would just push in twenty and then eighty five cents would come back, and it would shoot out of that little thing.
Speaker 2: The cashier will place the change of seats on this train. It's considered more polite to use the trade. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a tray. Love that. I love money talk. We could I could do a whole hour about currency and money talk, not like, oh thank you, hold on, oh so polite, thank you. No, that's shady though. See in America, it's different. Whenever I hand my credit card, I used to I go like, I hand it with two Why don't you you do you? How do you So you go like this. You hate if it's down. So like, if I'm paying for something, careful, don't get it on video.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's true. I don't go like this, so I usually hand it like that. This way they could stand it because this doesn't tap.
Speaker 1: The tap broke? How did the tap break? Have zero clue it was tap? This was one of the first tap cards. I remember getting a tap card. I was like, what is that? Yeah? The first tap card I ever had was an American Express Blue card. It was the weirdest thing. It's a silver, it's a clear card, and it had like all the wires running through it. It was supposed to be like trendy and cool. I've had it for probably ten or fifteen years, and it was the first card that had the tap thing in it, and most places didn't have that.
Speaker 2: That's a symbol you're getting old. If you take a credit card to its like expiration date, you're getting old.
Speaker 1: We're talking about my credit cards. Always responsibility. Your credit cards an't only just saying it shows responsibility. You're not at the age anymore. Where it's it's like I think I left at the bar. I'm going to cancelizee. Because credit cards are usually only good for two or three years. This one, I have to wait until twenty twenty four to get one, and they.
Speaker 2: Keep saying, oh, no, no, no, just say that you didn't just something broken out.
Speaker 1: They'll send you. The only thing is, though, nine times out of ten they change the account. Yah, exactly, And I'm not. I'm fine with just inserting it in the thing and calling it a day. Yeah. I don't tap too many places either, because I don't really think about tapping. I like the tap. You do like the tap like that. It's just so convenient it is, But I feel like there could be a lot of fraud that way. I don't know, if someone gets your car, they just tap. But I guess if they get your car they could just stick it in too, right. Yeah, there aren't many cards you can swipe anymore. Yeah, that's weird. My Insta card credit card does not have a chip, so I have to swipe that. And a lot of gift cards.
Speaker 2: You still have to say and let me guess, are the people at the registers like, what's this?
Speaker 1: No, because I only do self checkout, I don't do I don't do regular checkout. Anymore. I don't, not because I'm born off it. It's not because I'm being a jerk. It is more efficient for me time wise, just banging out my own stuff. Yeah, because I'll beep it, i'll scan it, and I'll just put it right into the bag in order of how I like to do it. I don't want, especially because it's all bagless now. No, I still I have my case of plastic bags. How am I supposed to carry stuff out if I'm doing an Instacart order? What am I supposed to do? I just here you go, guy, just throw it at them. That would actually be hysterical. No, And I'm not buying paper bags because they rip. They're annoying. And how many trips can I make with paper bags? I can make with I carry fifteen or twenty plastic bags at once, drop it on the porch, drive away paper bag two at a time. Tops. And could you imagine if you have a big old can of high Sea in one of them? Can you imagine rip through the bottom, smash crazy crazy girl girl. It's a sound from TikTok. Oh what do I know? I don't know any of those apps? Oh no, I do I know MySpace dot com, and I know blogger. What's blogger? That was like the blogging website. I never had that or did that or whatever. Maybe you didn't. You don't even know. We should get back to to currency and supermarket talk on an upcoming episode, sure, because there's so much to talk about. Write it down currency and supermarket, and I'll bring it all kinds of currency. I'll bring in my currencies too. Well. I don't know how much currency you have, dear. I'm talking about obscure, strange currency, not your run of the mill, you know, five dollars bill. Yeah, I have it from all different countries. Oh, I was talking about American currency, dear. See, that's it. You're the one that says it after I say something I don't ever say, Dear, you do you add it on to my sentence?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 1: Please find it for me. I'll try. You don't have time for that. You're very busy with your podcast producing. Yeah, mister podcast. Okay, well, thank you so much for listening. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I would like to start a new podcast called mister Podcast. And it's just going to be you, and it's stressing a game, just stressed out all the time. It's great. Yes, love that for me. Welcome to mister podcast. It's gonna be it's gonna be like a Milton Bradley game. What Milton Bradley? All right, Thanks guys so much for listening. Make sure you follow us.
Speaker 2: At serial Killers PC on all social platforms. But should we leave us a review? Two people left us really nice reviews on Apple.
Speaker 1: Oh I haven't check it out? Yeah, could you real quick? Or is it a Serial Killers related it is? Should we do it on serial Killers Now? We're gonna read them here because it's the same thing. It's not though, because it's probably serial related. It probably says Scotty loves those marshmallows, and people on bull chat won't understand what it means. Okay, what we need to well understand. We also need a serial Killer's logo sign like look behind us, that thing is all curled up because of the humidity in this place.
Speaker 2: This is Johnny, the producer of the Back of the Cereal Box podcast and we absolutely love this show. Wow, you guys have great chemistry, chemistry, and I really love everything you do.
Speaker 1: And I got to agree with you.
Speaker 2: I share the same frustration finding new cereals at retail. Huh, five bowls for fighting.
Speaker 1: That's a funny one.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to this podcast for only about six months, but I've been listening from the beginning while listening to new episodes as they're released. I love that it's pretty much stayed true to itself since the start. Scotty and Andrew's witty back and forth is entertaining, and I'm glad I have something fun to listen to that gets me through my workday. Love the early Danielle episodes, and I love when they have guests. Thank you Mergan nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Wow. I mean, we pretty much have stayed true to ourselves, except the fact that I got lazy and stopped doing segments. I really need to start doing that again. Please. I promised a serial graveyard graveyard, and I just haven't done it. I'm going to okay, good people have even suggested cereals for it. Then let's go. Yes, let's go send me the audio. I will cool, I will. I'm also I promise, promise, promise. I'm going to send you all the audio that Brody has that Brody has ever sent us, right, so you have everything? Yes, I'm assuming that it's still in my computer. Thingy over there. I'm sure it's in your computer. Yeah, thingy, it's all the hard drive on the network. I think that we need a floppy desk to transfer it. Does this take floppy disks? Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you guys so much. We really do appreciate you, and I guess until next time. Okay, you can listen to an all new Serial Killers on a Monday as.
Speaker 1: Long as we record it. We are Do you remember on last Monday series of Killers when we said check out in all all right, thank you so much. Until next time, guys, lie to our listeners, say clink Andrew, actually you lied. You lied. Dear. I didn't say dear. You have said dear. You have said it. Please stop this