Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: So last night was a little bit quieter than it has been in recent days. The Iranians had been promising a night of fire and brimstone. They said that Iran was preparing the most intense bombardment by missiles against Israel that this country has ever seen.
Speaker 2: And it didn't really happen.
Speaker 3: There were a few explosions, there were a few missiles that were fired at this country.
Speaker 2: The Israeli Air Force says it.
Speaker 3: Now has complete freedom of operation over Tehran. But the Iranians are still firing some missiles at Israel. But last night on a relatively small scale, not this massive attack that they had been threatening.
Speaker 1: That has got to make the leaders in Iran. I don't even what your calculation is. When you have no defense and you're just at the mercy of some of the best planes and bombs that exist, I feel like it.
Speaker 2: I would suggest one thing you might do is after canceling negotiations with the US that were supposed to happen, I think over the weekend. H the ietolers are now frantically sending signals via every channel that exists that let's negotiate, let's negotiate. Lit's sen down, Kimoo. Where do you want to meet? We'll meet there, We'll be there, we'll be there early. So yeah, they understand the position they're in, especially after tuning in the news last night. Did that he took that hafern on everybody's TV or just mine? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, the TV news got blowed up before they did sports. Yeah, who won the big soccerment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So yeah, that's the scene in Tehran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Trump tweets out last night. Uh yeah, you know, I warned you, I told you so. Uh it's gonna be so much death. I suggest everyone gets out of Tehran. And everybody thought, oh, it's about to happen, like any minute. And then he leaves the G seven meeting up in Canada with all the leaders who signed off, by the way, and a proclamation Iran ain't getting a bomb.
Speaker 2: Everybody signed off on that.
Speaker 1: Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy others ain't gonna ain't gonna get a bump, and uh so Trump comes back early, but some people have speculated it's because he doesn't like meetings and it was a good excuse to get out of there earlier.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him for that at all.
Speaker 1: He comes from the real world, where you try to accomplish things, not the let's just sit around and talk and have a bunch of photos taken and stuff for days at a time, like you do in government work. I don't blame him at all for getting out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially because there's a real element of trust fund kid among the leadership of the European countries and the Canadians in the G seven. They are kept by the United States security blanket to a large extent, and our economy. They are valuable trading partners blah blah blah, but they get to indulge all sorts of high falutant, enlightened sounding talk because they haven't until fairly recently, taken a real active role in their own defense. And so I just I get tired of there. We are culling. Well. For instance, they tried to pass a resolution calling for a cease fire and a de escalation between Israel and Iran, and Trump's like, no, that's not the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wouldn't sign up. He wouldn't sign off on that, so they had to change the wording. So Trump makes that announcement, get out of tran time is up. So many people are gonna die. It's too bad. Didn't have to happen. Leaves the meeting, comes back early. Word breaks that he has assembled the National security team. They need to be at the White House ready for him when he walks through the door. That had all the sounds of it's about to go down like now. And then administration officials started contacting all the news agencies who interpreted it the way I interpreted it and said no, no, no, no, we're not getting involved in the offensive like now or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Calm down.
Speaker 1: So what was Trump trying to do? He had to know how that was gonna land for the whole world. Was that just a psych Was that that? I really don't know. There are multiple layers of head fakes.
Speaker 2: Going on right now, all successful from Israel's point of view so far. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is that a good idea and not for the most powerful world person in the world to do the whole We're gonna get you right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe next time. I mean it. It means that good or bell if the discussion was how do we get as many civilians out of Tehran as possible, and the answer is we make it seem like there's an impending catastrophic attack. That way they won't wait and see, they'll get the hell out of town. We can minimize casualty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: From for all the people who are critical of Trump, he does seem to really hate the loss of life that occurs in wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting aspect of his person.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: So for what it's worth, Saudi Arabia and the other Persian Gulf nations worried about a possible regional war. I'm quoting from the journal. Now, I've been lobbying Trump to pressure the Israelis to halt their campaign. I'm not sure if they mean it. Interestingly enough, as the Arab States have condemned the Israeli attacks on Iran in carefully cloak languages, heinous attacks, violations of international law, blah blah blah, they don't mean it. Behind the scenes, they're saying, oh my god, this is the best thing ever. Interestingly serious new government led by President Ahmed al Sharra, who was tied to al Qaeda, the affiliated organization not terribly long ago, hasn't said a damn word. He is not condemned to Israel at all. He is desperate to get support from Western countries and also despises Iran, which provided military aid to Bashar Ala Saide to fight rebel forces during their fourteen year civil war, which he was on the other side of. So, you know, just you got to be a geopolitics freak to really be wondering what's going on in Syria and what does this guy want and what's he going to turn into. But he has not threatened Israel in any way from Syria, and that's the first time that can be said in a very, very long All these countries in the Middle East are thrilled about the idea of Iran being obliterated and maybe regime change happening.
Speaker 1: David Ignatius, writing in The Washington Post, Daneman, he's one of the people that DC insiders pay attention to the most in terms of his foreign policy writing, and he is pro regime change this point, which is something given the last twenty five years of US history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a horrible, evil, sucky regime on every single level. Human rights, economics, foreign relations, its priorities, while the Iranian people were having crappy and declining standards of living the Mullahs. Instead of you know, making a more conventional army, we're farming out billions and billions of billions of dollars every single year to hasblon Hamas and some other notable proxies. It's a terrible way to run a country. Anyway, they should go. But I found this very very interesting, putting politics aside for a moment. The New York Times, who I was just shaming because they're shamelessly biased. When they get away from bias, they do really good reporting. For instance, this how missile defense works and why it fails, talk about Israel and Iran and even the world's best defenses can't always stop them. And I just found this very interesting. I hope you do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over the weekend, about fifteen percent of the missiles and drones got through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, once a ballistic missile is fired into the air, and that's ballistic, remember like a ballistic report in a cop show, it's a bullet. It's a missile. Like a bullet, it travels a very predictable parabolic path. It's not a maneuverable weapon anyway. Once a ballistic missile is fired in the air, the defender has only minutes to identify its precise trajectory and try to shoot it down the target. An enemy warhead is inside an object about the side of a size of a car that typically flies through the edge of space at many times the speed of sound. I've heard it described as trying to hit a bullet with another bullet. The world's most advanced missile defense systems deployed by Israel in the US stop some of the missiles missiles, as Jack pointed out, not all of them. And here's why stopping a ballistic missile attack is so difficult. Ballistic missiles like the ones being fired by Iron escape the atmosphere and accelerate to great speeds as they fall back down to Earth. It takes about twelve minutes start to finish to fire them and get to their target in Israel from around, it's far less time to make critical decisions about how to stop them within seconds. And how these systems interlock was so cool to me because I think most of us think, all right, yeah, they shoot a missile and we've got sensors and then we send something up to shoot it down, which is essentially accurate, but this is more specific. So within seconds of launch, satellites must detect a heat signature given off by a missile. Launch radars then find the missile and try to calculate its exact course. A defensive missile called an interceptor must be fired soon after that to reach the incoming missile in time. That's all hard enough with one missile, but Iran has been firing a large volley of them. The goal appears to be to overwhelm Israeli defenses, partly because radars can only track so many targets at once, and launchers, once emptied, may need a half an hour or more to reload. Didn't know that, Yeah, yeah, so there are limits on quantity obviously. Beyond that, if they're concerned about future attacks, targeted countries may also need to make critical split second decisions to reserve valuable interceptors only for the incoming missiles that appear likely to do the most damaging.
Speaker 1: Right, you don't want to use your best stuff on some flying object that isn't going to do that much damage and miss the one that's going to wipe out an entire apartment building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm you know, if I'm the aggressor and I've got like class AB and C missile C being the most devastating ones, I'm going to send up a hell of a lot of a's and b's and try to occupy their missile defense. So, Israel's best known defense system, the Iron Dome, was built to stop short range rockets, and is too slow and limited when it comes to ballistic missiles. For that, Israel relies on several more advanced layers of defense designed to counter ballistic missiles at different stages of flight. The most advanced systems, long range interceptors like the Arrow three, operate in space, where ballistic missiles like those in Iran spend most of their time. They're the first chance to stop a missile, but high above the atmosphere there's room for error. Both an interceptor and an enemy missile shed the boosters that power them into space, and so they're just two smaller vehicles remain hurtling toward each other. The interceptor seeks a direct hit to destroy the warhead. It has sensors to track the enemy missile and thrusters to move it toward it, but by the time the interceptor senses a target a mile away, it has only a split second to adjust.
Speaker 1: It's amazingology here boggles the mine. Yeah, and it's amazing they shoot down as many as they do. And keep in mind to Ron's missiles.
Speaker 2: The ones they're sending over right now, it's like the best generation of them are only about three feet wide at the base. By the time they get rid of their booster and they're in space and they're traveling two miles a second. Try to hit that. Good lord, if that wasn't hard enough, some ballistic missiles carry decoys to trick the interceptor to brie left over from the boosters can also confuse it, and then you know, we can. We'll post this at Armstrong and getty dot com if you really want to dig into it, because there's even more the various layers of systems that interlock. But good lord, physics and science coming together in military applications, it's just it's crazy sophisticating.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this before we take a break. I was listening to the Telegraphs Ukraine podcast yesterday I usually get the update and they said, just would like to point out this was a couple of days ago. While Iran sent one hundred missiles toward tel Aviv, Russia just sent four times that many missiles toward Kiev, and nobody's talking about which is an interesting point, right because people are people, very similar dynamics involved in terms of really bad guys.
Speaker 2: Getting both conflicts could have huge pivotal effects on history.
Speaker 1: Sure we got a lot more on the way. That doctor involved with Matthew Perry is going to plead guilty in court today, So he must have been up against it to be willing to plead guilty to whatever he's being charged with. I'll look into that, among other things. You killed Chandler. You deserve to go to prison.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Singer Lee Greenwood perform God Bless the USA over the weekend at President Trump's military parade.
Speaker 2: Oh did he?
Speaker 4: Did anyone think he was gonna go up there and be like, here's one of the.
Speaker 2: New album.
Speaker 1: Lee's Dreams. Yes, here's here's one of my new songs. I've never met someone like two, three, four, Okay, see, uh, you get paid for that. I think most places he probably does the Trump stuff for free to keep the brand out. In the old days, you'd be willing to do it just because you'd sell a lot of the records, but you can't make money on that anymore. So uh, yeah, you must be getting paid well where it helps his concerts. I don't know, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I think it's the latter, probably something like that.
Speaker 1: So, uh, I don't know if you know this. I speak Persian, so that's very handy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The newscaster in Iran who got blowed up while she was doing the news last night, I should have translated that when we ran it earlier. Go ahead, Michael, I'm here's the charity. The Oklahoma City Thunder took a three to two lead in the NBA playoffs last night, holding off those dollars. She was doing sports. She was doing sports when we missiled.
Speaker 2: Her from downtown and goes the dynamite.
Speaker 1: Literally, boy, coming up, what are the Because you got a lot of cops graduates out there right now, you know, dun dun, dun dud. As we look forward, while we look back, they what majors pay the most or the least.
Speaker 2: As you head out into the workplace, we'll hitch you with that list. It's good. It's fun. Every single year well, I hope gender Studies is toward the top counting on it.
Speaker 1: FBI put out a warning yesterday, urgent warning to one hundred and fifty million iPhone users. Why I'm an iPhone user? Wow, delete this text as soon as you get it. The most popular scam that seems to be working right now is all kinds of stuff claiming to be from the DMV.
Speaker 2: They look very legit.
Speaker 1: They have your whatever state you're in, the logo and all that sort of stuff telling you if you don't pay your unpaid toll or fine, he'd be subjected to having your driver privileges revoked, possible jail time, blah blah blah blah blah. And so don't fall for that one, which of course is a real drag because like I had a situation not that long ago, like the toll system around here, to drive on the tolls in the Bay Area. I got some text saying you haven't paid your tolls. Well, that was a big scam, like a year ago, so I was ignoring those. It turned out this one was real. It was behind on one of my tolls, or my thing had run out or something. The last time I drove through my electronic thing, and I got in all kinds of trouble and it was a pain in the ass to fix it.
Speaker 2: What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 1: I supposed to supposed to go to their website and try to look it up or call somebody. That's a lot of work every time he got spam, fake email or text.
Speaker 2: Somewhere in America, there's a guy who got a text that he missed jury duty and he oa fine. He said, I'm not paying that fine. This is a scam. And then the cops came and he said, you're not cops. This is a scam. Then they took him to jail, and he's saying to the other inmate, say this is all a scam.
Speaker 1: You wait and say, but he actually missie duty, right, oh man, that's a drag. Top paying college majors, least paying college majors, among other things.
Speaker 2: On the way, hope you can stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: Otani kicks and throws, and off we go with a bouncing ball foul ninety eight on Otani's first pitch. Here's this payoff popped into center field. Pahes coming on dive in a Tempa can't get there and it's a blue pit for Tatis that.
Speaker 1: Things keep happening for Sati.
Speaker 2: This jammed on the ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Out for our fastball, but is able to dump it right in front of PA has.
Speaker 2: Eat off Man.
Speaker 1: That's enough thought inside baseball for US general fans.
Speaker 2: But show hey.
Speaker 1: Otani returned to pitching for the first time as a Dodger, pitched one inning through one hundred and point two mile an hour pitch. At one point as just reading an LA Times columnist who said that should not be possible physical for a guy of his bill to throw one hundred mile an hour pitch. And he's also one of the greatest hitters out there, and so there you go.
Speaker 2: We'll see how he You know, what's interesting is.
Speaker 1: The NBA Finals going on right now between Indiana and Oklahoma City. I realize, unless you're not an NBA fan, you're not paying attention, and even a lot of NBA fans aren't because they're tiny markets that don't have a huge national following.
Speaker 2: At least in the National League.
Speaker 1: In baseball, right now, your three first place teams in the three divisions Dodgers, Cubs, Mets. That's the exact opposite the biggest markets with the biggest national following in the country.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Boy, the Mets not sucking maybe one of the signs of the apocalypse. You think, I'm beginning to take it seriously.
Speaker 1: Yankees and Detroit Tigers also in the American League, So yeah, baseball's got the opposite situation with the biggest, you know, splashest franchises at the top. Of course, it's very, very early, and that's enough of that by far. Uh. Tucker Carlson and Steve Bannon talking to each other on each other's podcast, and we got some of the highlights of that.
Speaker 2: It's a heck of a good thought starter.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get to that in an hour three of The Armstrong and Getty Show. But as we all know, many college graduates are walking across the stage to get their diploma and shake hands and bad mouth Israel and hate America and a variety of other things that college graduates do.
Speaker 2: Ah good times.
Speaker 1: And this list comes out every single year. What are the highest paying majors in the lowest paying majors out there? Do you want highest first or lowest first?
Speaker 2: Come on, Queer Studies, Come on, Queer Studies, We'll count up your top five majors. Yeah, there you go. Let's start with the winners jack.
Speaker 1: Highest paying majors. Now, this has been the same for many years in my lifetime. They're all engineers of one sort of another. All of the top five chemical engineer, computer engineer, nuclear engineer, naval architecture, and marine engineer.
Speaker 2: And at the top PATROLLI.
Speaker 1: Engineer that will make an average one hundred and eight thousand dollars straight out of school with a four year degree. I don't know what kind of engineer my son's math tutor was, but he was an engineering student. Super nice, super sharp guy. But the thing with this is it's not like it's funny to la Times and their story about this, their opening paragraph was about this kid who he'd been trying to decide between art history or something else, but decided on biology because he heard that medical fields pay well. Halfway through the year, though, he got bored with some of his chemistry classes and thought, I don't know if I want to spend ten years learning to be a doctor. These aren't the kind of majors you don't choose between art history and being a doctor. That's not based on which is going to pay more. You either have the brain for being an engineer or you don't. It's not just you know, I could do a whole bunch of different things. Maybe I'll be an engineer. I could, God bless you. Yeah, I mean yeah, but a lot of people don't. So it's not it's not just that easy of a decision to become an engineer.
Speaker 2: It's also idea of me taking engineering classes at my alma mater. Hilarious.
Speaker 1: I could have, I think, but I'd have been bored to death.
Speaker 2: Is a problem.
Speaker 1: I just I couldn't. I couldn't have done that the rest of my life. I've always heard I don't know if this is still true. They've been saying forever that those a lot of those majors that start with really high salaries, they don't go up that much from there. I don't know if that's true or not. Where a lot of your lower paying majors there's a lot more room for growth. I don't have any idea if that's true or not anymore. Here's your bottom five, keeping well the number one bottom one. That's a little unfair, But so you're bottom five paying majors on average, number five fine arts, music, drama, well, it depends on whether you're good at.
Speaker 2: It or not.
Speaker 1: If you're good added enough and pursue a strategy of trying to make a living at it because you have to want to do that, well, you have.
Speaker 2: A one in a million chance of making a living. Sorry, that's that's the good ones witch. Sure, Yeah, but okay, number four, Well, you either don't care whether you want to be an educator or you're betting on hitting a home run.
Speaker 1: Most of the people I've known who did this don't seem to care. I think you probably eventually care when you're like forty or or something, but at the time don't seem to care.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've always kind of wondered what you what you're assuming is going to happen, But you know whatever. Fourth lowest paying major education, early childhood, elementary special ed.
Speaker 2: That's surprising to me.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because I live in California and that sort of stuff faced pretty well. Social sciences, general anthropology, history, psychology. Mmmm, that's tough. My youngest I keep pushing him toward wanting to be like an anthropology sort of, but that's social sciences. He's more into the science science end of it. Forty dollars a year on average, depending on where you live. But you know you live in California, they ain't gonna be a lot. Leisure and hospitality is a major. What do you study when you major? Major in leisure and hospitality? Rules of volleyball, a lot of that.
Speaker 2: How to set up a banquet buffet so that people get filled up on the potatoes before they get the like crab legs at the end.
Speaker 1: Making sure there's a lot of critical that.
Speaker 2: You got to scout out the buffet, folks. You gotta start at the end, see what your prospects are.
Speaker 1: Then you go to the beginning. Don't load up BBC. Do not load up your plate with rolls. You can get rolls anywhere, right, you're freaking shrimp down there.
Speaker 2: They know what they're doing. Oh but yeah, to scam these buffets hotel well, it kind of is, but it's smart. Yeah, all sorts of hotel management. That didn't you know how to set up a banquet hall. You get your U shaped table, you got your year round table. It's many different tables.
Speaker 1: Do they teach you ask them for a driver's license and a credit card?
Speaker 2: Did they teach you that? Well, I'll tell you this. I got out of college and I worked for a company that did convention planning, among other things, just for a couple of years. And trust me when I say there's very little you couldn't learn on the job. I don't know that you need to invest in it. It's like people who go to like broadcast college, radio college. Yeah. I don't want to disparage anybody, but I do get the very basics down, then go get a job. Trust me on that.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be in radio, So I don't know why I went to college. Oh, they had a really really good radio program at the community college I went to, and they had a high percentage of people that got hired into jobs, and so I took radio there and within a couple of months I got a job, and by the end of the first year, I had full time job. So I was working in the radio industry while people were at other places taking radio classes. And it always seemed to me, I'm in the industry. I'm nineteen, I'm making a living, I have health insurance. I mean, I'm working. This is this is what you want to do. Why are you over there? What are you learning? I think they get sold on an idea.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad. I've told this story before. The circle K near me where.
Speaker 2: I start, where's my phone talking place? Silence here devices I pressed the wrong button.
Speaker 1: The CIRCLECA near me, where I would stop regularly to get I don't know water, Philip with gasser.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a guy there that worked every night, and I would go in there and I kind of kind of became to where like we'd chat a little bit like that.
Speaker 2: At some point he told me he.
Speaker 1: Had a master's in radio from the University of San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing, I guess, do you know, Katie? I mean masters and like broadcasting or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what he wanted to do. He wanted to work in radio, and he got a master's degree. He went again and got the four year degree, and then and then stick around and got the masters. I did not tell him what I did for a living, because I thought that would just be a cool thing to do.
Speaker 2: Wow, do.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's not the way somebody. It would be like getting a master's degree. And I want to be a blues guitar player, to me get in a band and see how good you are and get better and try, but getting a practice a lot, yeah, and getting an advanced degree in this. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're it's a scam, it is, you know, I am selling a dream. It's just it's the wrong route.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy who was who taught radio classes, who finally had to quit because as the industry changed, it got like, way way way harder to get a job, Like when when Joe and I got and you could go get jobs because there were thousands of radio stations across the country.
Speaker 2: But that's not true anymore anyway. My buddy quit. Well they're not They exist as signals, but they're not functioning radio station.
Speaker 1: No, they don't have you know, all the employees and everything like that they used to. Thanks to the Telecommunications Act of nineteen ninety six by Booklan, which they claimed was going to make radio better for listeners across the country, it has made it vastly worse.
Speaker 2: I do agree. I think the current state is the best ever.
Speaker 1: And I wish I could talk to Congress about that, but it's too late. My buddy quit. He couldn't handle it because he felt like he was lying to people. He was selling a scam like you were talking about, is having these you know, these kids come here and somebody who's paying for it, their parents or whoever, take these classes to go out and get involved in an industry that doesn't exist anymore. He just couldn't do it with a clean conscience. Right, So I've always wondered that about some of these majors. Do they tell fine arts, music, drama? Do they tell their graduates or the people in the class, Look, you got like a one in a million chance. I'm fine with you doing this, trying to discourage you, but you got like a one in a million chance of making a living.
Speaker 2: Did they tell you that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ask my son who has a useless degree, what they told him. That's what he wanted to do. I said, go live your life leisure in hospitality.
Speaker 1: Do they tell you, Look, you're gonna you're gonna be h telling people where the elevators are down the hall, and it ain't gonna pay much and it ain't gonna get much better.
Speaker 2: The last class you take is just watching the white lotus. Yeah, just all right, Look, you're gonna be a balance and scraping to a bunch of drunk obnoxious tourists develop a taste for pills because you're gonna be throwing down your throat. You're gonna be popping them like paths. All right, just get used to it.
Speaker 1: Second to lowest paying major that's out there performing arts. I don't know how that differs from fine arts, music and drama. I have no idea how they make a distinction there and the least paying major there is which I could major in this, I would find it fascinating. I still may do this in my life. Theology and religion, Ah.
Speaker 2: The Bible.
Speaker 1: That one's a little bit among other things, sir, Yes, that one's a little different. That's a that's a vocation, that's a life pursuit of a certain kind of knowledge and whatever. I don't think you get into that thinking this is my ticket to driving.
Speaker 2: A Porsche, right, not unless you're you know, some sort of a phony mega church fundraising the TV preacher something like that. Yeah, gotta believe there's an extra warm room in hell for people like that. No offense to people who are into that.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Swaggert's about to die any moment now. I don't know if you saw that one of the biggest televangelists of the last Well ever, he I didn't know he was still alive. But he's gonna die soon, and there will probably be the conversation around that whole televangelist thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're going strong today. They just have a different act. The act is much more suburban. It's okay to want to get rich. Let's all get together and sing lame pop songs that mention Jesus a couple of times. Sorry, I'm a little hostile to the whole mega church modern thing, but teach there on me. Who am I do I have a pipeline to God? Well? I kind of believe I do, just like you?
Speaker 1: But uh, okay, as much or as little you have, as much or as little, Yes, Mike.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly, you judge me as harshly as you want. Friends.
Speaker 1: Finally, completely useless statistic. Would you like that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Super?
Speaker 1: It would take a long time to break down how useless the statistic is? The average starting salary for a college graduate this year will be about sixty eight thousand dollars a year. What a useless statistic, so averaged among all the majors, which doesn't make any difference to you because you only care about your major right, and it varies completely whether you're taking the job in the Miami, Florida, New York City, Omaha, Nebraska, some tiny town, Idaho, or whever. So that is a useless statistic. It's amazing anybody would even ask the question, figure it out and then print it anywhere, because it has no value to you.
Speaker 2: Whatsoever on any level, croup, any level.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the correct answer if you had any comments on any of those things. Our text line four one, five two nine five KFTC bar Strong and.
Speaker 5: Getty, the most visited museum in the world failing to open due to a spontaneous strike by the Louver staff, warning that the home of the Mona Lisa is buckling under the weight of mass tourism. It comes just a day after coordinated anti tourist protests swept across a dozen European cities. As tourists in Barcelona sat down to enjoy tapas or a cold beer on Sunday, they were instead hit with water guns to cool down runaway tourism. Campaigners argue mass tourism, and specifically the touristification of hotspots, forces locals out of the city center and raises the cost of living.
Speaker 1: OOO was hitting people with water guns to try to discourage the tourists. The city was doing the protesters. Where does the protest you get a water gun?
Speaker 2: I wish we had more time to talk about this because it's an interesting phenomenon. It's yet another ruinous impact of the Internet. But yeah, like Venice is, I can't remember the figure, only like fifteen percent of dwellings now in Venice are people who live there. They've all been sold for airbnps and tourists. And you're like, going to it's like going to Disneyland. It wouldn't exist if not for the only thing around you is tourists, right, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 1: It's funny just the video of this. All the locals have these super soaker squirt guns and then you see all these tourists dorks with their floppy hats sitting there at the cafes and they're just walking by just spraying them.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, different strokes for different folks. But I was watching a lot of the videos of this various places that doesn't look enjoyable to me on any level. On any level, I certain wouldn't certainly wouldn't pay thousands of dollars for the experience, but.
Speaker 2: You're like hyper crowded tourist locations. Yeah, and to be surrounded.
Speaker 1: I well, you know the disneylandification of various places.
Speaker 2: So what am I experiencing here?
Speaker 1: You could almost literally go to Disneyland, or you know, walking around the Venetian in Vegas is as much Venice as Venice.
Speaker 2: Or you go to the balcony that overlooks those colorful buildings on the Greek Isles that you've seen in a dozen ads, and the line to take your Instagram shop there is an hour and a half long. Right, It's too bad.
Speaker 1: It sucks, and maybe if you can go an off season it would be better. But man, I was looking at the video up there at Paris. I thought, I've always wanted to go to I've never been to Friends and never been in Paris, but not that whatever that was I just saw on TV. That looks horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looks like a punishment. Yeah. Another economic topic, some of the biggest merchants in America, like Walmart and Amazon dot Com are exploring how to issue or use stable coin. You know what stable coins are. They're like bitcoins, They're like cryptocurrency, except they're tied to the value of the dollar or other government you know, treasury bonds or something like that, so they don't have like wildly fluctuating values. It's like having a dollar in your pocket. It's just a means of electronic purchasing and transferring of money. And the significance of that is for these super giant businesses it would save credit card fees and they would become their own credit card company, and you could zap money back and forth and make purchases effortlessly, so it could really really shake up the world of big banks and credit and that sort of thing. If you're in that business, you probably know more about it than I do. But moving along, I found this really interesting. Do we have time for this? I don't think we do. We do not. Thirty seconds. That is not enough time to do almost anything I.
Speaker 1: Can today, isn't it? Jim sure is hot? Tucker Carlson said, war.
Speaker 2: With THEO do that in thirty seconds? Yes?
Speaker 1: Tucker Carlson said, war with Iran would collapse the American Empire. Steve Bannon agreed. Donald Trump responded and even gave Tucker a nickname because Trump knows that a certain section of MAGA is pretty into the whole Tucker Carlson thing.
Speaker 2: And don't leave out Candice Owen's hating on the Jews.
Speaker 1: Come on, we'll get to that in our three Armstrong and Geddy