Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Statobek along with Nora Melnda. We're joined by Bloomberg News Deputy team leader and a senior reporter, Jess Menton.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jess, Hey, So it's been fun. I'm glad y'all laid that out because it's an interesting dynamic within the markets, because, like y'all said, you have the NASAK one hundred down more than two percent if you look at the VIS though below seventeen, and then the equal Weight Index the SPW marginally hires. So to Nora's point, where you're seeing healthcare out performing some of those diving pairs. On the opposite side of that is, of course, technology. So I wanted to start off with sand disc as some of the top stocks that I'm watching. Sn DK's the tickers and belong This down about fourteen percent, so this would be its worst day since February fourth, But this comes on the back of the information was actually reporting about Anthropic and how they're starting early stage work on its own AI chip, potentially holding stocks with Samsung Electronics about a potential manufacturing partner there. But of course, if you pull it back and just look at the socks in general over the last two days, down about twelve percent, I can't fail to mention though, the second quarter was its best quarter on record, and then even the first half of chip stocks was the best first half relative to the S and P five hundred in history. So you're starting to see some of those chip stocks give back those games, and specifically more of those production makers today. And then if you're looking at that in video is still down about two percent, but much more pain though for those production type chip makers in the double digits today. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tom Thortt and over at Hedge Fund Telemetry sending me some ivs on the Bloomberg terminal. Tom, thanks for always king.
Speaker 2: I know Tom, well, he's a big.
Speaker 1: And he watches well, he watches the semiconductors closely. Yes, and he's reminding me that Micron is at its lowest. It said it could be making a one month closing low today. It's not there yet. It's at its lowest going back to June tenth, so yeah, not quite a one month low, but he and many others are watching these stocks closely, especially after what happened in Korea overnight of.
Speaker 3: Great christ and then SanDisk, given if you look before today and yesterday for the first half of the twelve over twelve month period, I mean that stock was up over four thousand percent and up over eight hundred percent in the first half of this year, the best performer in the Nasdaq obviously if you're looking at the S and P five hundred, so giving back some of those games, but still a huge run here for sand Disk as well as Micron. So from semiconductors. Let's stay a little bit in the tech space, but we'll call it Auto's Tesla. So if you're yes so MAG seven specifically, if you're looking at that basket that we have in the terminal, BM seventy is the ticker on that. Tesla is the biggest decliner in the MAG seven today, down about eight percent. TSLA is the ticker symbol for Tesla, So worst day since July twenty fourth of last year. Unfortunately, even though it actually beat on a number of metrics for when you're looking at those deliveries up about twenty five percent year over year for this second quarter, that stock was up for four consecutive straight sessions leading into this, so potentially being kind of by the rumor, sell the news event. But on the flip side of that, Rivian our IVN is the ticker up eight percent so on Paceport's best day since February thirteenth, But you're seeing a little bit of a different story there. It also raised its full year guidance in sales outlooks, so you're seeing a bit of a brighter spot for Rivian, even though you saw Tesla still beat on a number of metrics.
Speaker 1: Okay, we talked Tesla and Rivian. Let's go to some pharmaceutical names, mRNA, Maderna, So this has to.
Speaker 3: Do with some of the equal weight and while we're seeing that outperform with Mark who Dora was talking about earlier, so you're seeing those dividend payers. So mRNA is the ticker symbol for Moderna, up nine percent on Peaceport's best day since June twenty six. But if you look here to date, though it's been quite on a tear, up one hundred and sixty eight percent. Of course, I have to point out been down for four straight years in a row. Was one of these COVID darlings, but since its Science Day was actually a week ago on June twenty fifth, it announced some positive developments when it comes to vaccines and mRNA. But that stock's actually up thirty percent over the last week since that Science Day, So you're seeing that as those Boston Scientific other dividend payers in the healthcare space.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's still even with today's increase and what we've seen this year from Madonna, it's still a far cry from what it was exactly COVID vaccine days. I think also investors are struggling with what are regulators in this right house?
Speaker 3: Very different than what was like that five six years ago.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.