Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you Really miss podcast. Today is season four, episode twelve, Naked. Let's get naked.
Speaker 2: Woo. There's a lot of nakedness in this episode. Does it make you uncomfortable? You made no?
Speaker 1: No, no. So what happened was here's what happened Kevin. About a month ago. We've been recapping for obviously a while now, and we had taken a break from the recaps and we were just doing guest episodes, I think at the time. And I popped back into my Hulu and put on Glee and it must have skipped a few episodes and it started on Naked. So I watched Naked like a month or two ago, and about about a third of the way through, I was like, hmmm, I think I've missed the things. The continuit is very off. And then I got to the end of the episode. Yes, I did watch the whole episode.
Speaker 2: You didn't even check before you got to the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: No, I just kept going. And then I got to the episode and I was like, what episode is this? Let me just keep seeing how many would have left to recap for this season, and I was like, oh, I skipped quite a few. Oh sweet, sweet, this is my second time watching Naked this month.
Speaker 2: Was it better the first second time?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think it was better the first just because I really enjoyed it. I didn't have to watch it again, right, A lot happens. The musical numbers are actually pretty great.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty solid episode.
Speaker 1: I did admittedly fast forward through all the musical members just to make my time a little bit shorter on this one. But I remember them all so vividly. That's what like. I'm like, oh, I remember these, now, these are great. These are all great.
Speaker 2: And I mean something about this episode. I remember all of these like filming.
Speaker 1: Filming, well exactly, Yes, very vivid episode of us filming. Let's get into it. So this episode aired on January thirty first, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: There's a new number one song in the country. It was Thrift, shot by Maclamore and Ryan Lewis featuring Ones. And there's a new number one movie Hanson and Gretzel Witch Haunts. I do remember this.
Speaker 1: I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Didn't see it? Jenne. What happened to Glee News.
Speaker 1: On January thirtieth, the cast celebrated the five hundredth How were we have five hundred already? I don't know, it's stupid, okay, So we celebrated the five hundred musical performance shout while filming Season four, episode fifteen, Girls Parentheses and Boys on film. There was jackets, there's t shirts, there's lollipops. I'm sure there was celebrations. I don't remember which one this was, but wow, five hundred, how are we already here?
Speaker 2: I remember all these things. The jackets, a sweatshirts, a lollipop stickers. That was a big deal because they started, Like we said before, the camera crew was the one keeping track, and so they started celebrating like three hundred, four hundred became a bigger deal. And this became an even bigger deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it was Andrew Minchell who really kept track while the musical numbers our study cam operator. And at one of the hundreds, I think it was maybe four hundred, we had the ping pong balls. Do you remember those?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Were I don't know who wrote on them, but there were musical numbers on four hundred or however many musical numbers, And then we released them all. I'll never forget that one because that's a lot of time and effort. Not that other time, you know. But anyway, you know, shout out to our crew for keeping track of all of our musical numbers like that. How fun.
Speaker 2: I was at trivia a couple of months ago, at like a bar here, and the last bonus question was how many musical numbers did Glee do? I had the correct answer and the guy was wrong. Seven it's seven something, Okay. I forgot what it was he was off?
Speaker 1: What was he off by a lot?
Speaker 2: Like fifteen?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I thought he was off one hundred.
Speaker 2: It was still in the seven hundreds. But I was just like, aren't you going to defer to me, sir?
Speaker 1: No our memories. I don't know that I would have had that one.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. We had just talked about it, okay, so it was fresh, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this episode was directed by our very own Ian Brennan.
Speaker 1: On paper, it was written by Ryan Murphy. We've got some really memorable songs in this episode.
Speaker 2: A lot of songs too. We are just like every episode just six songs. Seven songs.
Speaker 1: Torn by in a swap the Natalie and Brouleia version Centerfold, Hot in Her Okay a Thousand Years by Christina Perry.
Speaker 2: Let Me Love You Until You Learn to Love Yourself. Neo's second song he wrote called that Me love You.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, oh I didn't know that love song by the one and only Sarah Brillas.
Speaker 2: And this is the New Year by a great big World.
Speaker 1: Okay, that one is very remember. Uh. There's a lot that happens. There's a calendar. There's some almost naked rachelness. There's naked brodiness. Oh no, naked brudness.
Speaker 2: Is the next episode. It's right, Yeah, it was naked.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: You just fast forward through it.
Speaker 1: Jenna, Well, you know I've seen it before, so.
Speaker 2: Some fun facts. Ryan stated on Twitter that the men of a Kinley calendar storyline had been an idea since season one. Wow, finally around to it.
Speaker 1: Finally. The rumor about Sue posing for Penthouse and taking horse estrogen was previously mentioned in a voiceover by Will in the extended version of the pilot. Huh, it's brought up. It's brought up again in season six and The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester, when the superintendent finds a copy of the magazine and sues hurt Locker sees hurt lock I can't okay.
Speaker 2: This marks the first appearance of Britney's bondou for two since season two episode Rumors, which I loved. What are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: I'm so happy, so happy he came back. When the episode aired in Australia, the line where Sam was talking about selling his semen was cut from They're just.
Speaker 2: So pure There. Several names of websites are shown to have been altered when Rachel looks at Santana's sex tape online. For example, IMDb dot com is changed to icdb dot com and tumbler dot com is changed shoot rambler dot com.
Speaker 1: One of the descriptions underlink says sex is not dating. Yeah, if it was, Santana and I would be dating. And this is from season one, episode thirteen, sectionals the first hinto of Brittany and Santana romance.
Speaker 2: And at the start of the episode, a joke is made describing the Twilight Books as poop on paper. Later, Marlen and Jake sing a thousand Years, which is from the Twilight Saga breaking Down Part one.
Speaker 1: Ah, the irony.
Speaker 2: Love that Jenna do you want to do the episode summary.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'd be honored. The glee club puts together a calendar photo shoot for a fundraiser. Meanwhile, Apart in a student art film poses a moral dilemma for Rachel. Now, I know that we get we laugh that they're so short, but that's actually very succinct.
Speaker 2: It's not wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, where do we start we're doing? Are we talking about the calendar?
Speaker 2: Let's get some of these things out of the way. So the Warblers to carry on from last episode are getting disqualified because Sam and Blaine Blam if you will, figured it out, especially Sam and so now the new directions are back in for regionals and they need to raise four hundred dollars. I just it's so funny because it's like your budget for these shows you're doing. Surely there's four hundred dollars somewhere.
Speaker 1: And also it's much more than that realistically.
Speaker 2: Horny Tina comes up to the front of class and says, I know how to do this.
Speaker 1: You know who does to her for coming up an idea better than a bake.
Speaker 2: Sale entrepreneur, I have to say.
Speaker 1: We're doing a man of McKinley calendar this year.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I mean she's really just in it to see Blaine without a shirt on too.
Speaker 2: There's something about the way in which you stare at Darren that is so creepreepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it is really creepy.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: It's really creepy though.
Speaker 2: I actually it's one of my favorite things where it's like Jenna's not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: This I've never seen you do that look in real life ever.
Speaker 1: That is that is Tina.
Speaker 2: This like we know each other, so we worked with each other for so long, and the fact that like people, dude, I'm like, I don't know what that look is.
Speaker 1: I don't know where she is right now.
Speaker 2: She's acting, she's an actress.
Speaker 1: It's so beyond crazy that like delusional. She lives in a delulu world at this point. So like it's just it's not even like you can find any kind of groundedness in it. I think that's why, like she's just gone, She's gone. She's so far down the whole. Okay, So Sam and Brittany end up in Fagin's office to find out that Sam has received the lowest s at score ever recorded at Making High and Brittany is a genius. So Sam kind of spirals this whole episode, whereas Brittany is brilliant and says she's the smartest personal art and Sam is starting to really like through this episode spiral and is using his body and his looks because he thinks that's the only thing that is going to get him for in this world, and that's going for him right now.
Speaker 2: I love that the storyline feels classically, Yes, totally like the silliness of Brittany's now the smartest person in the world.
Speaker 1: The calendar, the boys dressing up for a calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then you know Sam having that dilemma questioning his value as a human because of some sat score like whatever, and then all the friends stepping up and stepping in to be like, uh huh, we love you, Gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that video with him. It reminded me of the Pie with Emma Pillsbury showing Will the video of like why he is doing Glee Club and I was like, this is so. I think it's sweet.
Speaker 2: I think it's sweet. It was really sweet.
Speaker 1: It was, and I think Chord get a great performance.
Speaker 2: Chord phenomen no notes, no, no, I can just imagine how hungry he was during this. He probably was a maniac because like behind the scenes, whenever he had to have a shirt off, he wasn't eating. I mean he was not doing it in a healthy way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just wasn't fueling his body.
Speaker 2: No, and so he was usually like saving one hundred percent of his energy for when the camera was on.
Speaker 1: That's right, Like, oh, poor guy, he has to take off his shirt a lot too.
Speaker 2: Yes, all those I love all these like gem scenes, this workout montage of Hot in Her was insane and hilarious.
Speaker 1: That song, it was ridiculous, and I was like, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: But also what is happening when all the boys have ridiculous bodies?
Speaker 1: That's what Tina said. She said, this is the hottest group of Glee boys that we've had.
Speaker 2: Yet, because there's that one shot of Blake and you're like, he's jacked.
Speaker 1: Jacked, I mean between Jacob Blake, Cord, Darren, like, everybody looked great.
Speaker 2: I was so happy to take off my shirt because let me tell you that Artie and Kevin Parallels were strong. I was like, I cannot take it and I'm sitting down. So you were thrilled with that storyline. Yeah, I was like, let me keep this on few. I was like a mushy baby.
Speaker 1: Sweet little Artie tells Finn that he's he's insecure, he doesn't want to pose and of shirtless, and it's like something he wants to keep for himself. And Finn, being the sweet muffin he is, not always reacts this way, but he did the right thing and this one and just said, then don't do it. I thought that was very valiant on his part. She played the role of teacher and not forced you to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was good.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget you and the leprechaun Alphathe when you came out of your trailer and we were on the golf cart going somewhere and I remember you chasing behind us and you're like dancing. I have this photo of you like in an Irish jig like pose, and I'm like, I don't think I'll ever get that out of my head.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I love getting to dress up those things. Those things were ridiculous. You guys were insane, and like all that. I was a little jealous of not being in that full workout number as well, because the boys are insane and like all those by the way, like all those during the photo shoot when Sam has a spiral, it has to be. I love that he and Blaine have this very serious conversation that is so funny. Yes, it was so funny, but it was so serious. But how easily Cord is lifting that weight. Those weights are like made out of foam.
Speaker 1: No, no, there styrophone.
Speaker 2: Literally they weigh nothing. But I thought it was so funny. But I enjoyed all of those things because it's just like the campiest of camp.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is sweet, though, so sweet sweet.
Speaker 2: I was also glad that, like, you know, carrying on from last episode where we discover how you feel about Blaine and how Blaine feels about Sam. But all those times Sam sort of walking shirtless, Blaine is keeping it together. He's not being like Tina.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's scene when Sam comes in shirtless and she's with Blaine, and that she sees Blaine. She asked him to go to the mall, and then Blaine sees Sam and like this whole like love laser that's happening. He is keeping his cool. I think for character purposes that had to stay that way. Tina's acting no chill, she has no choll something said as buns and his it's then he he said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, it's because you didn't get that kiss. So now she's just like, you know.
Speaker 1: Just wait, just wait. She goes even farther, so just wait.
Speaker 2: And he's clocking it like he's clocking all your stuff like.
Speaker 1: He's he is, but I think he's a little blissfully. He's like he's he's just choosing to ignore it.
Speaker 2: Well, because if you don't ignore it, it's a real problem.
Speaker 1: I actually don't remember why we were doing this though, it being so far fetched, like for some reason it felt real to me, and maybe that's because I was just trying to make it make sense for Tina. But I don't I don't remember it being like crazy, like even in the next episode when the vapor rape comes, like we'll talk about that when we get there, But I don't even remember it being that crazy. Then. It was only until after the aftermath at all that I was like, oh, oh, is this all really crazy?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's because I mean, I know the answer to that where we've at this point in filming. We're so used to doing like crazy things, rocky horror early on, you know, like we're doing heightened things all the time, and so the crazyer the storyline sort of the more we lean into it just because like, okay, we have a question storylines because that is not our position, Like you were not no, like you were not a writer. No, it's sort of like a thing unless something is like morally yeah, off face, like you don't question that you're hired to do your job. They're hired to do their job. Like yeah, So I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's crazy, Gale, That's like, yeah, it's kind of crazy. It's really crazy. In my memory, I don't remember being like this is really crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: With Sam's story here about in the middle of all this craziness of him using this calendar to sort of justify his self worth, Blaine also was like, we need to have a little comp to Jesus and sets up a meeting with Emma, which is really sweet and presents some college options and he's still not necessarily sold. And then we get that video together.
Speaker 1: It's the it is that's quintidentially to It's very sweet. It's very sweet on Blaine's part. We love seeing all the characters speak so kindly of Sam. Sam needs to hear it. His reaction is so sweet. It's all really sweet. I love this storyline for him.
Speaker 2: Did you not feel like there were real life? I mean, is a very attractive person objectively, and so when you have a pretty character talking about the challenges of being pretty and it does not feel stupid or gratuitous. It felt to me when he's talking about like, oh, people are already more open to my impressions because they're already they buy it because of how I look. They're willing to give me a chance, like pretty privilege. Yeah, And like some points like there was like this is you know it's another thing that Glee is talking about that work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know. The thing is that Court is he's like a puppy dog, but he's so good at what he does, and his song writing skills are also like off the charts, and I think sometimes its Chord doesn't feel like he's always taken seriously And maybe I'm putting words in his mouth. I'm not speaking for him, but I feel like to me sometimes even I could be guilty of lik being like, oh, Cord, you're so cute, like, don't worry about it, but he really is very deep and like he once you get to know him, like is very carrying, very deep, and so I I could definitely see this mirroring in some ways, not quite like, yeah, the weight loss thing, you know, all that, but maybe during this journey where he has to be Charlotte, sometimes they all act a little crazy, Like all the guys act a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that could have been the writers around him seeing losing weight for you know, and working out and eating sweet potatoes artlet guys.
Speaker 1: For sure. No, that's that's totally right.
Speaker 2: That's totally right, because I even't felt like watching the Artie storyline. I was like, this feels a little similar to how you would feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course they have to take they know us well enough at this point. They're not taking things like even the Tina storylines of it all. Like obviously the Tina dating falling in love with a very out gay man came from my high school experience of like notoriously dating gay men, not that I knew they were gay, just a record. There's some like they like to write to what they know and the truth, and it makes sense. I was never like, oh wait, I was never fully offended by it.
Speaker 2: No, all the time it was good. It was like, oh these are things.
Speaker 1: It works, and it happened about.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't don't already immediately when this calendar idea gets brought up, it's like, can we objectify the girls too?
Speaker 1: Bro? Can you leave it to Artie? Leave it to Artie?
Speaker 2: Like what this problem?
Speaker 1: So glad we weren't in it. I had so much fun shooting that though.
Speaker 2: With the photo shooting, Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. They were so ridiculous. Everybody was really just having a good time with it, like it was. The costumes were insane, the people like the poses they were making. Everybody's just it was a really fun episode and maybe that's why it six sticks out so vividly in our minds, like we had. I had so much fun shooting this.
Speaker 2: And Ian is such a fun director too. Yes, that's right, and he's.
Speaker 1: Someone I'm sure he was like throwing he can kind of yeah, exactly. It's only Ian Brand and Ryan could do that, where they could throw you a line or change something on the spot. Very rarely happened otherwise, even with Ryan. Mostly not even Ian her Brad as much. But but yeah, I was so good and uh yeah I loved I loved Tina being a director for once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice to see her in a position of power.
Speaker 1: So funny, right, Yeah, Tina lately, I know she likes she's taking on her her duty and responsibility as a senior.
Speaker 2: And she like hops up to like suggest the idea immediately in front of the class. It feels good, crazy.
Speaker 1: Tina, there she goes. So also happening in the McKinley halls are that Sue and Finn are going head to head over the calendar Finn. Finn basically holds this Penthouse photo shoot, the centerfold that Sue did in the past, over.
Speaker 2: This rumored Penthouse photo shoot.
Speaker 1: Rumored Penthouse photo shoot.
Speaker 2: So Sue doesn't want the calendar to happen.
Speaker 1: And we need the money obviously, you want to raise it. And then Finn saying, well, you did it, and.
Speaker 2: She denies it, and.
Speaker 1: He finds it quote unquote, and she admits like she hadn't seen it in a long time and goes to pull it out and it is in fact not her centerfold. But then Finn has on tape that she has admitted that there is in fact a centerfold photos from house.
Speaker 2: When she's confessing, first of all, I love Corey and Jane going at it in this way. I think this is so great, great. But when he comes back there and it is like I found it here it is and she's like, I feel like taking a game at that glorious taco right now. And she says glorious taco like twice during that scene. I was like, I need to jump off this balcony. I don't know what's so funny. I missed that.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen that in a while, Like, no, it's great, it is so good. And Sue just respecting Finn for being you know, a good can kind of enemy or whatever she called him, and no, like kind of having a little bit more respect for him at that point, you know, sing and say I get your emmo.
Speaker 2: Finn is actually planning for regionals. Regionals does not happen until the season finale. Normally, if she was in charge, regions would be next.
Speaker 1: To that assignment would be on the day. You guys are get.
Speaker 2: Shocked because I almost kept watching him like, oh, I want to see what we do for regionals. Not close.
Speaker 1: We just lost some times, so we're making it for a long time. Yeah, Brittany also has Marlee, so this Brittany Marley kind of duo is still happening. And Brittany very cute.
Speaker 2: I love them together, very different.
Speaker 1: Marley comes on fondue for two. It's like the cheese is really hot and uh, she realizes that she loves she loves Jake. They could be cast as Bella Edward. Yeah, just irresistible. But they do a number that they rehearse for regionals which is actually a Yeah, it's actually a Twilight Song theme song.
Speaker 2: But I love this song who Christina Perry and they smashed it of it beautiful love them together. It was a really sweet number two. I like that it was just the two of them. Yeah, stage like it was really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was really good. And we get to hear Jacob sing twice this episode.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Marley goes to say I love you, but stops herself.
Speaker 1: So this is where when I was watching it and writer and Jake were still friends or like became friends, and like he's helping him with Marley. I was like, something's off here.
Speaker 2: When did this happen?
Speaker 1: Because they had just gotten in a fight about Marley. I was like, this is not right anyway. He helps writer, helps Jake and helps him in by telling him to sing a song Inkley Club, and he sings, let Me Love You? Are you kidding me with this? This is one of the best numbers of the season. Jacob Artist a triple, double, quadruple plus. And then do you remember when we shot up with Kevin and they had the orchestra come in and the strings play and they actually so the band doesn't normally play, they pretend to. The instruments don't normally make sounds, the strings when they play, they actually just have to play in order for it to look real. And we got a full serenade by this orchestra on top of the pre record, and it was so gorgeous.
Speaker 2: And none of us had ever heard Jacob sing like this. And if you could see all of our reactions the entire time, there's everyone's just staring at him. In the beginning, I look over to you, Jennet, because I'm like, oh my god, I know, I know, we were all obsessed with this.
Speaker 1: I love this cover. I think he's delicious in this.
Speaker 2: Like you should like go back and watch our reactions because They're one of those times when we're not acting. We were just like, support the boy. This is unbelievable, so good. What a perfect number, truly sit there, and what a perfect song for the storyline. I don't know if what was first, the storyline or the song. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because it worked so well and I have goosebumps now. It was so sweet. Yeah, oh I played that one to I think I had him send that to me when he did, just play it mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And then he says I love you and she says, I love you back. He writes it in the calendar. He doesn't actually say it, but then he writes it in the calendar, and she says I love you back, and now they're in love.
Speaker 2: And we've sold enough calendars almost to get to regionals. We did everything we needed to do.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: I did love the Once the calendars come out and like Becky's there, wow wild stuff that sort of like fanfair high school stuff. I love the kids waiting in line and autographs and signing it and.
Speaker 1: This music that plays throughout that like like throughout the episode, so funny, very ian, Yes of him And then over in New York, there's something else happening.
Speaker 2: So Rachel gets offered a student film, but it requires her and she's like all in, and but it requires her to be topless. She agrees but clearly has some doubts, and Brody's like, yeah, yeah, I go for it. It's all good, and she's like, I'm the strong girl in Brody like to move in, like I can do this, and Kurt it's like, oh no, of course you're not doing it. Meanwhile, at the kitchen table, which was hilarious but also that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who does that. Nobody eats breakfast like that with people around that you don't know that well. But he's just trying to make a point to Rachel that she should be proud of her body and the whole thing and I don't know, this whole storyline was like, I'm glad she didn't end up doing it, and I'm glad we got to see we got Santana and Quinn out of it. I didn't hate the storyline at all, but I was like, this whole like Brody thing and like being proud of your body. I was like, I don't know, I don't know. It's not my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I also think that it's not about You're not being proud of your body.
Speaker 1: No, exactly, it's being an actor and coming across something like this because generally, if you get an audition, it'll say nudity required, yeah, and you can accept or deny.
Speaker 2: I mean it was pretty I mean she when you actually get to her filming it, it's pretty great. She keeps sailing cut. I remember watching this when they screened it for us, and this scene had me losing it.
Speaker 1: Cut. But other little crew getting naked, it's wild, and then they're also the band. Yes, but also that we getting we're getting Quinn and Santana coming and being an actual voice of reason, which is so funny. Santana being like it's probably a student film about Grandma having Alzheimer's study, and.
Speaker 2: The two two too, which is also very true.
Speaker 1: Two weeks are going to feel about the new thing. It's smart, it's very smart. It's a student film. It's not going to be good.
Speaker 2: They're all so good together. I think it's curiating about it is that there's not more of it, And obviously at the end of the episode it's alluded to that Santana's going to move to New York. But it's like, I want the three of them together.
Speaker 1: I know it's just a good one.
Speaker 2: Their chemistry is insane. And then can we have to talk about love song? Because I didn't realize I tweeted about.
Speaker 1: This after I watched it, you did like today, this time or last time?
Speaker 2: No, last night? Oh, because I was like, I didn't know it was this good because I probably watched it. I mean I watched it in the screening and that was probably it, to be honest. Yeah, And oh my god, the joy and their performance all like their inside looks to each other. H the three part harmony for most of that TV edit, which is like in the chorus and they all have like one line and a bridge. It's so beautifully divided. Yes and yes who.
Speaker 1: I just never would have thought that song that's exactly it right.
Speaker 2: Would have worked at that level. But it was like the joy of seeing them all together. They're all just like jamming on a stage and being friends and friendly like RL. And it was also like we haven't worked together in a long time, and these characters haven't seen each other in a long time. It's all these layers of look we still got it, Like we're still good, yeah, and like we're still friends, and then the characters are doing the exact same things as the real life people are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And of course it was just seeing like all our friends together and sounding great again, and I was happy. I was emotional. Yeah, I was just sort of flabberg acid because you don't normally get the three of them singing together in harmony like that.
Speaker 1: No you don't, long, I don't remember the last time we got that, no, they I think. Also, the song itself is like one of my lea favorite Sarah songs, like Sarah's a bundle of other fantastic songs that I love, And so I'm like, oh, okay, I love song, like you know, probably the most well known, the one that put her on the map, Like whatever, I get it. Yeah, So that's probably like initially why I don't remember it like that, you know, like cool, great, But to watch it back now you're like, oh, that's so nostalgic. Fans must have been crapping their pants at that point for the three of them like that, and then also for them to sound that good and to actually like elevate the song.
Speaker 2: There was a full fan contingent, who are love song like got.
Speaker 1: It, got it okay, and discovered that totally get it yeah.
Speaker 2: And I totally understand it. And I it's nice to almost rediscover something because I feel like I have my go to songs that I listened to every now and then, and I'm like, this is a new one. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And then also Liah Sing's torn in the beginning with when she's trying to decide whether to do the film or not, and she does it and I love this song. Obviously this is very nostalgic for best millennials. That song. Yeah, it's like EATRL time. But also having like new Rachel or Old Rachel was so great.
Speaker 2: I love it was really great and also such a.
Speaker 1: Well done musical performance.
Speaker 2: Smashed it because you see how differently she does play old Rachel and old Rachel, and also her old Rachel makee fun of her hair and makeup.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. She's like fair, great, great number. And then we do this is the New Year with all the McKinley people again. We're back together, everybody, people are in love. We raised money, we're going this regionals. We're going to regionals, and we did this number and I like vividly remember shooting this number because it was kind of freeform rock out and we just like they had the camera really up close on stage and we're singing and they're all these like odd pairings like Tina and Ryder singing together. It's just like new Kid. Yeah, and our group has kind of like melded at this point as friends and I never forget this one. I love this number.
Speaker 2: It was like a fun number. Yeah, this free from rockout. Ones were like if you show up to school and it's like class canceled. Yeah, awesome, because like that's what it always felt like when we got to do those things. And yes, it's a great song. It's perfect for the storyline. It's one of those things where all these songs are really clicking for what's going on and they feel right.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're nice to listen to, nice to watch, Like yeah, I don't know just.
Speaker 2: Even how they divide it up that song at the end. Each line applied to each storyline that these people were going through, and like that thought and consideration between what sounds good, what works for the story, what's going to visually work was just all all there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well, let's write some numbers then, because I think we're going to get a good rating this time.
Speaker 2: Torn I'll give it a minus.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I'll give it a minus. Give us somewhere to Gough Centerfold hunt in here, I give an A.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it a B plus.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine.
Speaker 2: As fun as it was, I don't think it was a great mashup. The mashup I do not think worked. I don't think like the music itself. I see what you're saying. Yeah, Chord was a much better rapper than I thought he would have been. I will say that, And I think the number was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun to watch.
Speaker 2: It was a thousand years beautiful A A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give it an A.
Speaker 2: Let Me Love You plus A plus plus plus plus.
Speaker 1: Love Song A plus, A plus. This is New Year A. Yeah, that's a solid A minus A plus average right there, Like, that's really solid.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed. I enjoyed this Let Me Love You. It was really special to us. We all as a group have at that point hadn't flipped out about a musical number in a really long long time. That's right. I so distinctly remember the feeling in the room of like Jacob, I know Darren.
Speaker 1: About it when he came on the podcast. He was like, are you kidding? Like so memorable?
Speaker 2: I remember and rehearsal when he hits the second chorus and he goes the octave up and Falsettoh, we all screamed. We all screamed, Well, we hadn't heard it yet. It's hid hiding. And a lot of times, I think when we're filming these numbers, a lot of times it's about remembering how you felt when you first heard it, and so we'll rehearse it for the crew and camera and all of that, and so when we do go to film our reactions, a lot of it is just imitating what we did maybe an hour or two before we heard it for the first time, because those were our real reactions, and of course the characters would react like that. It's right minus. You know, Melissa had like some things to do, right, she was acting boy oh boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chartie takes Chartie takes us.
Speaker 2: I mean again, Brittany talking about the eating disorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the financy storyline, like Sue Sue talking. There's this one line that she says to him that I was like, oh my god, And maybe it's not cringe but it was just like, Wow, it isn't the underage smart pedaling non teacher Finn Hudson not satisfied with making a mockery of the American education system. By your new presence at the school, you have besmirched the dignity of such every day here, as is this woman with cross disease whose name I do not know, by bringing dark spectr of pornography to these hollowed hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that leads us to also the idea of having an underage boys posture was yeah, I don't think it will be allowed to do that in school. No, And then Kitty's jokes about Joe's hair. I mean it's just just not yeah, okay, dance move I think I guess Kitty being lifted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally from the bird's eye view from that, yeah, crazy, that.
Speaker 2: Was insane, having those paths on the floor like it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's so strange, crazy best song let Me love You, Let Me love you.
Speaker 2: Let me love you. But I do need you to know that love songs up there fair enough. Yeah, I have a soft spot obviously for letting me love you, but you do love love song. It's it's now, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: This performance by your prop.
Speaker 2: There was a lot. There were this tanning guns, there was the fondue, there's Lord Tubbington.
Speaker 1: The Sugar First coffee. Yes, the calendar, I I mean, I think you have to go to the calendar, right. And also the bar bell Sam's starphone barbels.
Speaker 2: Those always work.
Speaker 1: I know. It make me so laugh so much. Okay, best line.
Speaker 2: I am gonna be selfish here, okay, and choose an artie line.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: You want me to spend the next few days carefully paging through decades and decades of engage pornography. You've come to the right place. He's such a creeper, such a creep. I remember doing that. I remember, like Corey and I just having a great time filming.
Speaker 1: Old Rachel, You're not a porn star, even though your hair and makeup like it makes you look like one. New Rachel. That's mean, Old Rachel. I'm sorry, but your hair has gotten a little out of hand. New Rachel pointing. I'd love that she's talking to herself. Uh performance MVP cord I had a CORDI yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, absolutely, Okay, Jenna, Yeah, ship be found on TikTok for it. So it is Joe Shaw on TikTok. He's wearing a shirt that says, oh my god, sang this on Glee and he's at a Keen concert. And not even at a Keen concert, he's at Glastonbury, which happened a couple weeks ago, and he's singing the song Darren sang and it's phenomenal, and I just I was like, I wonder if they hate that. It's also like he showed up just for that. We love it. Oh my god. Somebody said Coldplay sang the Scientist and I was like, they also sing this song Glee and he said, I did this last night cold Play too.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 2: Somebody saying I've never heard Keen sing the side, but I've heard Darren sing it. It's great. I love so much that lead singer's voice is just magic.
Speaker 1: Oh it's better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I mean, we talked about with Darren. But I was so excited when Keene it was just their music was on the show.
Speaker 1: Because I know that was also a very memorable one for me. That in the Courtyard of course, yeah so good, well that is naked.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that episode though I did too.
Speaker 1: Even though I had to watch it twice, I did enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You know, I think once I reframed my head into viewership. Just a classic teen show and you we're dealing with teen things, and there's great performances from people and great music, and it was funny. It was absurd. There were some wrong things, some right things. Oh my god, wait before we go, I just need to talk about the bumper of this episode. Yeah, of Andrew and Rod. Oh my freaky. So the press coverage of the Warblers getting kicked out and found of roid, rage, of voids whatever, and Andrea has her full freak outs. I can't believe it. This is what they think this news now and they like zoom out and she's like taking off her mic and his screaming. He is like I went to school for this. It was really good.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen them in a while.
Speaker 2: No, then Rod coming back with after the break before wing Squirrel, who's also a doctor. I've missed them, Rod, you forget Like there were so many people on this damn show. I know so many bits that like.
Speaker 1: We've used over the years, like there were with them, really Ron a little bit, but not not Andrea.
Speaker 2: M Wow, it's a full team effort. Everybody's pulling their weight.
Speaker 1: Well so far, you're so good season four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad at any of this, you know who I need more, I need more unique.
Speaker 1: We're getting there, don't worry, I know.
Speaker 2: But like the past two episodes, not enough Alex nol.
Speaker 1: We're getting traveling the next episode.
Speaker 2: Two it's just like I don't even know if we saw Alex last episode. So there's one quick shot during like no scripts, and then the performance is obviously and so this was sort of like a similar thing. We've got to the group number at the end, like, okay, finally yes, next episode definitely, Oh my god, next episode, Jenna, I know, don't even it's Deva and we are getting some numbers. Oh my god. I might have to go watch it right now. I already did, did you mm hmm wow? Ready, Okay, I'm very excited to watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll come back next week and recap with us.
Speaker 2: And that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.