Speaker 1: It was just so funny. Kipt telling how bad that guy was. Yeah, but also during the movie, I kept fucking with her majestic.
Speaker 2: Of going, oh, dude, dude, another dude just got sucked off by the Tornoh. They just they're getting sucked right off by these tornadoes.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what kept getting sucked off into the sky. Yeah, sucked off. It was. I think it was the only way to describe it. It truly is like just got getting sucked off. Oh they sucked off that poor mother. And I blamed myself for the way he got sucked off? Is everyone so stupid? Like how the part I really had trouble grasping was like that these sort of hobbyist storm chasers are also responsible for like crisis response, Like, guys, you gotta get to a fucking basement. Now, where are the authorities? Like why is that on you?
Speaker 3: People are like still out at like a parade or like a fair, just like juggling, or like children are like doing the knock the bottle over game as a tornado like bears down on them.
Speaker 1: The siren goes off five minutes before. Yeah, all right, but look, that's a movie. That's what I love about a movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week grand edition of.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah, Hey, it's Jack, that's Miles.
Speaker 1: What a weekend.
Speaker 3: We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. Usually we don't have guests, but we figured in our flawless planning, yes absolutely, that very little would happen over the weekend, and that we would want a r n C recap from UH to kind of go over what happened at the r n C. So we we're bringing in one of our favorite guests from the show, an award winning Slate magazine staff writer. You've seen as were a couple places. I don't know, CNN, The New York Times, I guess, m PRG.
Speaker 5: What's up man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: My brothers?
Speaker 1: Hey? Look, this is what I'm thinking. Man, We were going to have you. We're thinking, oh, look, the RNC is happening. This is the perfect timing. Trump gave his speech. You weren't able to cover it. I watched the whole thing and then boom boom boom. We're here Monday, and Trump's speech was going to be so electric that nobody was going to be able to talk about anything else. But you know what, it's still I think it's important because even though Biden dropped out, I think it is important. Oh shit, yeah, my bad. I wanted to spoilers. We were gonna reveal that to you in such a fun way just now. Ah, okay, my bad, bad bad, damn. But yeah, no, I think it is. It is important, even though you know, obviously the main news about Biden stepping down to also understand like where the Republicans left off before this, because they're also having a bit of a reaction to the announcement about Biden dropping out. So I think still relevant. But then we figured, damn, like, let's just get just get aiming on. We'll just we'll chop up, chop up everything, man, We'll chop it up.
Speaker 6: Never never a bad idea to have, amin. I think it's so funny that I had this hunch that the Biden campaign waited until after the rn C to drop this news. It's like nobody everybody forgot about the r and C the second that news dumped.
Speaker 1: It felt a little bit like yes, Family Matters, Kendrick after or I'm sorry to meet the Grams. After the Family Matters video came out from Drake, He's like you drop the video. This beef is over and it's like.
Speaker 5: Trying to strike a go and it's probably a minor.
Speaker 1: And now like everybody is so upset, like on the right there, like but but it's supposed to be Biden.
Speaker 5: Uh, but it's still in the back like minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah you lie, but yeah, I figure, well we'll just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on a ride along and then we're gonna get to your recap with r n C. But we up first, usually Miles and I, uh, you know, tell people a little bit what we're up to, what we're thinking about. By doing our own overrated underrated. This is a unique position you're in as a guest who gets to be here for our overrated underrated and you can really just talk shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah not how bad like hot man, they better be hot.
Speaker 1: Fuck give me a second, man, let me make these hotter? All right? I think I gotta have you want to kick us off with something you take as overrated. I think it's on everyone's mind. It's something this is to do with the Biden announcement. I think the quote relief that Democrats are feeling around Biden's announcement feels a bit overrated, like it's like, oh, Like the reaction is is as if they're like, oh, well, now we've won because it was just Biden. That was the only problem. It was that Biden was old. And I get it, Yes, Biden is so old that it causes viewers like myself to have like an existential panic about my own mortality. But I don't think again, he wasn't the best main character to have in the story around the fight for the soul of America. But again, I'm not sure that this solves all of the election issues instantly, like the way I was hearing the relief on MSNBC, Like, I mean, this changes everything now, and it does to a certain extent obviously, Like polling wise, she does pull better than Joe Biden, but they're still like, but what policies is Kamala running on like the same different more progressive, more moderate to offset the potential racism and misogyny in the in the voting block of the United States? Is you know? I get Biden's visible decline was like basically one dimension of a larger issue regarding electability in this election. In my opinion, it wasn't purely down to like, well, if Joe Biden just wasn't old. Everyone would be like, great, he's the person, rather than addressing a lot of the things that people were screaming about in their day to day lives that they want a president to talk about and not just be like Trump is so bad. So I think yes on paper good? But does this solve anything? Tbd' paper good on paper fine? But this we don't live on paper baby, I bold, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My overrated was leaving this position of Joe. I mean, uh, I was nervous this weekend, like I so, I am feeling the relief. I also felt the immediate like buyer's remorse that I think everybody else felt, where they're like, oh did we do a bad you know, by being behind the narrative of like must replace.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've gotten over the buyer's remorse part of it and just been like this motherfucker couldn't. It wasn't just like existential crisis of like seeing someone who's old. It was like just a crisis of like just not being able, like seeing somebody who couldn't land the plane on a single sentence, you know, like any of the sentences. I spent a lot of this weekend you guys know Oliver Sacks, like he wrote Awakenings, that movie that had Rob Williams and Robert.
Speaker 1: De Niro in it.
Speaker 3: He also, like later in his life, wrote a lot about you know. He he was a doctor who worked with people with very specific like brain injuries, and like one of his famous books at the end of you know later on early two thousands was the man who mistook his wife for a hat. I think it was called, And it was like the thing you would kind of come up against in these case studies of people with neurological injuries or just you know, neurological disorders, is they like their brain blocked out the fact that they were diminished in any way like you Like, he would include these parts where like he would have a pre interview with the person. So this this person who like literally tried to grab his wife's head and put it on his head like a hat. Like the intro to that part, Oliver Sacks is like, what seems to be the matter, And the guys like nothing that I know of, Uh, there's something wrong with my eyes. And he's like, but you don't recognize any problems. No, not directly, but I occasionally make mistakes. Like I kept thinking about that over the weekend, thinking about Joe Biden like being the one who's in charge of deciding if he could like continue forward with this that like I don't know, like that later on, like minutes after, he's like, I don't know what everybody's making a big deal about. I'm good here now, Like he put my hat on, she goes, so he has to take his shoe off. Oliver Sacks has to take his shoe off to do this like exam where you like tickle the bottom, yeah, tickle the bottom of the foot. And then he goes back to like doing his doctors thing, taking notes and shit. And then he looks over and the dude still hasn't put his shoe back on, and he's like, can I help you? And he's like help what? Help who? He's like, help you put your shoe on. He's like, ah, I'd forgotten the shoe. The shoe, the shoe, but he like seems confused, and he's like the shoe, could you like put it on? And then he is like, wait, so this is my shoe, yes, and he like points to his own foot, but like so it's just and this is like a guy who's like a you know, music professor. She's it's just our brains are really bad at noticing when there there's something going on in our own brains, Like we should not be in charge of deciding like, you know, trying to fix the broken instrument. With the broken instrument is how I've heard it described, you know, like people who are like I got this, I get it, Like who knows me better than myself? And it's like like literally everyone at this point knows you better than yourself.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was very nervous heading into the weekend. So that is why I felt enormous relief when he came to the same conclusion. I think the way he came to the conclusion seems to be that he's like all these motherfucker's sandbagged me and made it so that I can't win anymore, and so like.
Speaker 1: That that's how we got there.
Speaker 3: But it like it's I am relieved that we got there because it was just bad. It was it was a bad situation that we were in with him, like kind of being in charge of deciding the ultimate authority on like whether whether he was still up to it, yeah or it.
Speaker 1: Almost feels like the thing. It's like, we'll make it seem like he's going to have to make that decision, but everything around him just like you gotta go, you gotta go, you gotta go. It's like, yeah, I might have to go. Really okay, Well, yeah, if you want to do that, Yeah, go ahead, dude. That's that's cool with us.
Speaker 5: It's cool with us.
Speaker 6: I think it's kind of like our fault though, you know, because we knew he was old as hell the last election, and so the way that this works is that he gets a mandate from the people, and the people give him the power, so we could be the person to.
Speaker 5: Make those decisions.
Speaker 6: He probably shouldn't have decided to run, but then that was still his mandated. Then the fact that we're not going to have a primary scares the shit out of me, Like the fact that it's too late to bring to have an election essentially to choos who.
Speaker 5: The next candidate's going to be.
Speaker 6: And so now it's not only are we trying to to like muscle Biden out, we also put him in this position where he needs to anoint the next person. Yeah, And that that's the scary part to me, The fact that they're they're gonna essentially decide who the candidate is, and there's going to be a convention, of course, but it's it's just not going to be the same as having like a country wide election.
Speaker 1: It's like, such, well, I think, yeah, that's where a lot of the the ills were just you know, brought to us by the fact that like the machine had to protect Biden for so long and even like to your point where Peo were like, dude, he looks old man, what the fuck is this? And it's funny the same people who are like Biden needs to step down were the same people a few months ago being like I spoke with the president and he is sharper than a fucking exact All night I got buck fifty just kissing him on the cheek. This is how sharp this man is. Like no, and now you're like this motherfucker gotta go. It's hard to like square all that too and be like no, you know, you were fucking trying to convince us. Also, so everybody had to do this thing where I think suddenly it's like, well.
Speaker 5: Fuck, we fucked up.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do? Like he's gotta go? Rather than again looking at how we even got here, because there's no like to your point aiming like, we didn't have a fucking primary. So even when the Republicans are like they subverted the will of the people, I'm like, that happened when they blew up the primary schedule. Yeah, that's that's when that happened, Not because of this shit. It happened well before this. But yeah, will there be like that kind I mean, that's you'd hope there's some kind of reckoning to understand, like, yeah, that wasn't good. We need to be more honest about the candidates that were running, rather than just sort of doubling down on the fact that we don't want to take l's publicly. And now yeah this and then as it stands, I mean, it looks like a lot of the people are coalescing around Kamala Harris, but like there's still room for some fucking weird like Joe Manchins, like I'm not gonna run. You're like, nobody asked you. You're talking about bro, Joe Manson, get out of here.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: He specifically said he was thinking about running right way back in like a couple of months ago, I don't know, three, three years ago news cycle time. But yeah, I just don't like him being like, well, you know, I'm not thinking about it.
Speaker 3: It is with a heavy heart that I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't run for It's like, yeah, no, man, thank you. Yeah, I mean that kind of it kind of what we're talking about tison to my underrated which was like how long this was what people wanted because like, there does seem to be I've heard from the like, uh, you know, Biden hardliners, the people who were like, fuck you if you think Biden should bow out this logic, and I think it's what he has kind of glombed on onto that this was like an overthrow from the elites, you know that like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and Barack Obama got together and sam bagged him with all this criticism and like Democratic voter, like a majority of Democratic voters were asking.
Speaker 1: For him not to run.
Speaker 3: In July twenty twenty three, over a year ago, before the primaries, before the debate, a time cenopol found Democratic primary voters by fifty to forty five percent preferred the party nominate someone other than Biden. In twenty twenty four, there are like predictions markets. They were like pretty clear on like that Biden should step down and was probably going to have to step down for a long time. Like right after the debate, they were like, all right, this is a fucking wrap. This guy's gonna have to step down. So like acting like it's this elite, top down thing just seems fucking misguided. But again, it also seems like it was just like how he had to justify it to himself.
Speaker 1: But I think I was saying this last week is how the way the party set up, they don't listen to the people. They only listen to the elites. They only listen to the donors. So like even with that polling there, these are the same people like no, he's sharp, and then they're like, fuck, he ain't sharp, yo, he gotta go. And it's like, well, you you were the fucking one, y'all. Are the ones who were saying it was the elites were the ones now are yeah? Yeah, you change the primary schedule to protect your chosen candidate and Joe Biden. So there is a lot of like it's just like you're seeing at many levels kind of how the most political parties operate, where it's like well, yeah, we know, we know we need your vote, but like the real decisions, we're kind of making them up here because we're standing to make or gain or lose most But.
Speaker 6: Why would they even entertain listening to the people. I mean, as soon as they're in office, their whole goal is not to serve the people, but to stay in office. And you know, I'm thinking about Jamal Bowman and how he just got voted out after APAK, which is like a right leading organization that openly criticizes and calls for Trump to be elected, and it's very right wing and it.
Speaker 5: Has become increasingly right wing over the years.
Speaker 6: Just flooded his campaign run. They gave his opponent more money than they ever spent in any campaign in.
Speaker 5: History, and they voted him out.
Speaker 6: And you know, for someone like him, he's representing the Bronx in New York, he might personally feel like he's you know, for the people, but then they just got replaced. They just replaced him, So I think, yeah, it's like, ideally we would have these people come in and just you know, say, you know what, f the elites, I'm going to come in and I'm just going to represent the people on here for the people.
Speaker 5: But they're just going to get steamrolled.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: It's to some degree, they got to play the game because you want to find somebody who's really at that player in the game can flip it on its head and make the elites fight each other and just feel stupid.
Speaker 5: For not representing the people.
Speaker 6: I mean, I hate to say that I need somebody more like Trump on the on the left, because that's exactly what he does.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: He like he came out of left field. He's like, you know what, these elites are crazy, I'm going to drain the swamp. Even though he did a personally believe even though he's kind of an elite himself. Yeah, of course that message was crazy effective and that allowed him to overpower some of what the right wing was was trying to push on his campaign, and then that kind of gave him more power than the elite. It was kind of an incredible thing. Yeah, and I just wish we could pull something off.
Speaker 5: Like that on the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's like it's like because for them, it's like like white grievance politics is like the like the greatest engine of all time. It's like, dude, if I can just tap into that specifically, the other issues kind of melt away if I keep reminding him. They're like, we need to be back on top. Everybody like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Forgot Just imagine somebody like with Bernie Sanders's values but with Trump's attitude.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, I mean it's not giving at all. Yeah yeah, yeah, But I think that's that's like the hard bit, right is to if you're that out there, because so many people if you start playing the game, people like, look, they fucking collapsed. They played like sometimes, especially for progressives on the left, the game can't be played with at all. But that's the shitty part of being on the hill is like it's that it is what it is, or you'll just you'll just be like a one term hit or quitter kind of person, which sucks. But yeah, yeah that's the state of things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: It kind of feels like Joe Biden was this a person who's trying to like one hundred the game, and then Kamala was like in the way, He's like, no, no, no, we got to shut this down.
Speaker 5: Look at you're getting all kind of crazy. He just wanted to complete.
Speaker 6: It, man, He just wanted to get through and get that that trophy at the end. Yeah, just like just like you guys are saying, man, he just was not.
Speaker 1: No nah yeah, battle Box saying battle Box over was like I was like, come on, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like any if you if you're having buyer's remorse if you're a Democrat, was like, yeah, but now we have a new candidate, Like is this was this a like a bad decision?
Speaker 1: Just like, go back and watch one of his interviews, watch the Complex, Like the Complex interview with Speedy was the one that he got COVID.
Speaker 5: Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Biden was just fucking raw dog in the world. There. These glasses are not unbreakable. Go ahead to snap one, Joe, go ahead, snap. He's dealt with a lot of cognitive dissonance. Uh yeah, Speedy, you've seen it all, Miles. We didn't get your underrated. What you're underrated? Explaining memes and TikTok trends to your parents. Underrated. It's just a fun exercise. Honestly, my dad stopped by last night to hang out with the baby, and I always do like a show and tell with him. I'm like, show him like some music videos. I'm like, oh, you know, because he's like a visual artist. I'm like, oh, you're gonna fuck with this music video, even fuck with this director, this tracks dope whatever. And then and then inevitably, I'm like, I got my phone out. I'm like showing him some tiktoks that I'm laughing at. He's like what truly like care, like what is this? But my son is like, do you know how how big the destroyer is from Clone Wars? And just talking for like five minutes straight and then like pauses and I'm realizing that, like he just asked me a question about like what, He's like quizzing me. I don't know. He's like, I told you it's at least seven Corelian cruisers. You're like, man much, Yeah, yeah, I would like a hypothetical, Well, so that's probably so sharp. I would test pass like words right back to him, be like that ain't that's that's not accurate. I'm like, shit, he found me out exactly. I'm a fucking lion ass adult, another lion ass adult. But anyway, it was just funny too, because like, just like the process the exercise of trying to synthesize a meme for a boomer so they can understand, like what cultural touch points like they're hitting to like sort of like make it funny. It's just like it was. I had to use new parts of my brain to be like, how do I explain this foreign language to another person with like their vocabulary? So it hits the right way anyway. Good A good, good exercise for people who want to see how good or bad their ability to articulate a meme to someone older is. But a fun challenge none the less, I enjoyed it. So, yeah, make your parents confused and explain a TikTok to them.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back. We're back and again.
Speaker 3: So it was days after let's do a little TikTok of the weekend of when we all found out that was just.
Speaker 1: That's how we're doing it. Qita the making the Stallion Japanese rap friend. Sorry, guys, I'm trying to explain everything on TikTok and we all know what that is. And immediately got the RD.
Speaker 3: So immediately after catching COVID or you know, a couple of days after catching COVID, I guess, and refusing to wear a mask which is his presidential prerogative, and we're just gonna let him do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: COVID, as he said, sod.
Speaker 3: Of COVID, man find somebody else. Uh he Uh, We're going to allow it because he did ultimately make the right decision drop out of the presidential race.
Speaker 1: And uh then.
Speaker 3: He immediately endorsed Kamala Harris, which big news for the Democratic Party. Uh, devastating news for Wolf Blitzer, who is happily downing Wolf Spritzer's Wolf spread DC bar before he like, literally there's a picture of him moments before the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I literally was just looking at it this morning.
Speaker 3: Enjoying a Wolf Spritzer at l Presidente Restaurant here.
Speaker 6: In d C.
Speaker 1: And then like an hour later, Blitzer there dropped out of the race. More from Kaitlyn Collins on the ground, What Wolf, you look unhappy to be there. I don't know why. It feels.
Speaker 3: It feels like CNN has just been like if it's breaking news, like Wolf Blitzer needs to be. That's the only way we know the news is important is if Wolf is there. Multiple I personally like, let the man drink his wolf Sprinzers and stay off off the television. They should have let him drink it on camera, right and well, if you're about three deep and pretty shit faced at this point, is that correct?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say too fucked up right now? Yeah? Yeah, everybody was at the the Twitter, Linda Yakarino retweeting that thing being like Biden's announcing being like X where History Happens is like full He posted that everywhere.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because he's like, I respect the fuck out of X because apparently they're already like it sounds like Kamala Harris's uh like caught, like her campaign account is getting throttled, like the amount of like followers that can get on X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on that. So Elon Musk is doing his part without dropping forty five million a month quite yet, or maybe he has, but yeah, X where History Happens for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Republicans are calling on Biden to step down, arguing that he's not fit to If he's not fit to campaign, he's not fit to serve as president, which was a question that I think popped into a lot of.
Speaker 1: People's minds, probably right away.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that's a distraction because we we just had big news Democrats solved all their problems, and we can move along and nominate Mitt Romney.
Speaker 5: The twist.
Speaker 1: Legitimately Aaron Sorkin was like, all right, so here's my here's my like third act twist for this bad boy. It was he saying like if I were writing this like the West Wing, Yes, okay, go on, how would you do it if this was a jam our writer.
Speaker 3: Jam was pointing out that like he may be onto something, but instead of just any like older Republican who's already lost, why not do the one who has won recently and nominate Trump? You know, because they'd never see that comic. Yeah, and even if Trump wins, he would be winning Democrats.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and in many ways, isn't that losing but in reality in the White House. So I don't know about that one, but perfectly timed.
Speaker 3: He dropped the they should nominate Romney like hours before the Biden announcement and Biden's endorsement of Harris, and then he threw his support body. He was like, my bad, I was wrong about the idea to God, but like these like lib brained jen whatever he is like can't get past the idea of like triangulate, like what if Joe Lieberman was the vice president would have John McCain live.
Speaker 1: In a world where yeah, they believe all of these people are like benevolent actors, you know what I mean, and not really coming to the reality of it. They're all shrewd operators rather than like, yeah, man, that's a good guy who can heal the nation. Because this is again not a TV show and we're in a very extreme reality compared to that. But yeah, like what's what's the idea?
Speaker 6: Are they just trying to draw Republican middle ground voters or something?
Speaker 5: Is that the plan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly, Yeah, that's not a good plan. Have you met such a plan?
Speaker 3: And it's also like terrible TV because like Mitt Romney's boring as fuck, So like why would that be good? I mean, it would be surprising for a second, But then everybody's really.
Speaker 6: To vote Trump because he has an R in front of his name. What makes you think they're going to vote for anyone with a letter D?
Speaker 1: Right? Even Trump? Somehow they'd be like, nah, I can't do it. He's a Democrat, not not even Trump. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: As for like how things go from here on out, it seems like no one really knows. There's gonna be a lot of people confidently telling you they know. But Biden is the first presumptive nominee of a major party to quit the race after the primaries have concluded.
Speaker 1: So it's it's going to be a mess. Yeah, I don't know if it's going to be you know, if the delegates all go to Kamala, if it turns into an all out brawl, it's I mean, as it stands, definitely like I said earlier, but the support seems to be like, you know, all coming to her side, and the fundraising certainly is. I think it was something like fucking sixty four million in twelve hours yesterday. Yeah, was an obscene amount of money. But yeah, I don't I don't even know. We're still we're still trying to figure out who the running mate's going to be. Yeah. Yeah, here, And.
Speaker 6: Did you guys not see that thing on Twitter where it said like Tammy Baldwin was going to be in it because one of the FEC five link changes changed it to the Biden Baldwin victory fund.
Speaker 1: Really, I was like, wait, this is.
Speaker 5: A twist, that's why, But it could also be nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wow.
Speaker 5: I did not like Timmy Baldwin that's a that's a good pick Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right, it was either that or what they go with Andy Basher, like the Democratic governor of Kentucky, who they feel I can kind of go after. J. D. Vance's like Appalachia cred uh and you know, do battle there. I don't know, like there's so there's so much like moving little pieces around and seeing where you know things are going to happen. But yeah, yeah, that's why we're sure it's not Harris Baldwin as in Hilario of Baldwin. Yeah, Alec Alec Baldwin, Alex.
Speaker 3: I mean he's he brings a certain trumpiness of just like not guilty, y'all got to filmy type energy to the ticket.
Speaker 6: So he's not Trump, but he played Trump on TV once, Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: And yeah he's Jack Donnegie. Basically, it would just be so wild if we're finding out it's Tammy Baldwin because the paperwork, dude, imagine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, I'm not ready to believe it. But if it ends up being Tammy Baldon, I'm gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Wow, I cannot ye. Yeah, I mean, like the all logic. I mean, you saw the jokes on Twitter where everyone was taking like taking photos from like the wine sections of different places are like exciting whites, and they're like, so this is a list of Kamala's VP picks or like trustworthy.
Speaker 3: Old body way exactly.
Speaker 1: Everyone is kind of doing a joke on that construction on Twitter, like yeah, yesterday, but yeah, I that would be in I mean, wow, go for it. Let's see, let's see where this goes. But are the policies, What are the policies? That's the other part.
Speaker 3: I'm more on that later. Let's let's just do then be like but I'm not Yeah, but what else?
Speaker 1: What else? I'm not him?
Speaker 5: But did I say I'm not Trump?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, anything else I'm not vands? Oh okay, okay, probably a minor Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just like flash pictures of Trump with Epstein.
Speaker 1: Did you see somebody cut a video they said commonly needs to run this as an ad, And someone just cut the not like us video to have like images of Trump and a genius. It's stupid. And they're like they're just going to confuse in enrage the elderly in like the Midwest. They're like, yeah, well, you know a couple of pretty good ads that have been.
Speaker 3: I've seen them be like, look at look how quickly the Harris campaign got their ship together. And I don't think they're actually ads from the Harris campaign, but.
Speaker 1: No, if the one was probably from the primary, like I know there there they were running one of her prime like when she was running like in twenty twenty. Uh huh what like one of those ads that felt like timeless. Now you're like, oh, when was this made? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they'd dropped coffee mugs immediately, So I'm just wondering, like, was there a graphic designer working on coffee coffee mug designs earlier this week who had a better sense of what was about to happen than like White House staffers did, Because there's a lot of people who are like, absolutely not, He's not going anywhere you can mark my work.
Speaker 1: I mean, if look if this groun like no shade to this graphic designer. I know it's a very hard job, but this doesn't look like the hardest thing to put together, Like we have her name in a font and a photo of her on a mug, like, so these don't feel like super high minded designs. I would I would, I would believe that they were knowing the Democrats, I would believe that they had plenty of time to come out with this nonsense or in a panic they came out with this nonsense.
Speaker 3: They seemed genuinely surprised, though, Like I feel like Biden didn't.
Speaker 1: Tell that many people. I think he just like made the call and put that shit out. But I mean, if if you remember right before the weekend there, that story came out where a lot of people expected this weekend to be the final to be it for him. Yeah, yeah, So I don't know like what that was based on, or if they just felt that like he was like his you know, his resilience was diminishing in terms of resistance.
Speaker 5: It was over when the mugs were ready.
Speaker 6: The mugs came in the mail box, and they're like, Joe Biden, the mug we got.
Speaker 1: Sorry the mugs. Yeah, He's like, fine, if the mugs come in on Sunday, then I'll go. But if they're not in by Sunday, I'm not going. If they're there Monday, I'm still in it. Fine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: At a lot of political reporters who like have sources on things and stuff, we're saying that they knew for a while now that it was just a matter of time because of how united the front was against him. Within the Democratic part, they were like, you can't go against Nancy Pelosi like that, like she she's gonna if it's the president against Nancy Pelosi, like Nancy Pelosi is gonna whoop his ass.
Speaker 1: Like he's not gonna be able to survive that that knife fight. So yeah, but it, I don't know, it was kind of a mess. They did it like exactly a week after the assassination attempt on Trump. The thing too, is after the r NC though, after I saw Trump's speech, I was kind of like, you know, Biden can actually stay in this ship. Yeah, That's That's kind of how I felt like. I was like, oh shit, bro, this guy is fucking up big time too.
Speaker 6: I was worried for Biden for like the first half of that speech when he was talking about unity and being presidents for all Americans, and then it like sort of slipped and yeah, yeah, so smiling, Yeah, should we talk about that, yeacause I mean, let's yeah.
Speaker 3: The big news was that Trump was about to unveil a tone aka the same exact tone down to the fact that he mentioned the.
Speaker 1: Late Great Cannibal elector late Great Cannibal elector.
Speaker 3: Folks like, just I don't know that is hasted in his brain. It is not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: But yeah, were you in the building aimen for that speech?
Speaker 5: Sort of? Not really? So what happened?
Speaker 6: Well, uh no, So I had like childcare problems and I was like, what's more important being in the room for Trump or making sure my kids are taken care of? And I was like, uh but I was there for the whole every pretty much everything else.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, that speech was don't I can't believe I subjected myself to the entire I can't believe you watched the whole thing minutes miles. That is an entire beetlejuice. You know what, It's more than a bet a beetle juice plus yeah, hour in thirty three minutes was the speech of beetlejuice is one hour thirty two minutes that's with the credits and damn okay. So yeah, I think because going into this right somewhat, the reporting, like from even NBC, CNN, they were acting like what was happening was not happening. They're like the tone is amazing, like they're so energized, like Trump is like, like, because before I watched the the speech, like maybe a few hours after it happened, because once everyone's like, wow, he really he's really saying some things he didn't say. I'm like, there's no fucking way. I'm like, what the fuck are they talking about? So I had to sit through it to see for myself, and yeah, it was the whole thing was like an absolute mess.
Speaker 6: It was kind of like, yeah, the tone was different, it was just worse.
Speaker 5: It was worse than usual because.
Speaker 6: Usually he'll come out like a firebrand and be like, yeah he s you know, but nowadays he was like, but this last speech, he was actually really tired, and I think, yeah, the whole week, it did look like he was sleepy the whole week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I mean it was a mixture of like written speech, a little bit of Trump jazz, and then also like visiting your grandpa great grandpa at the old folks home, where you just got to let him talk a little bit so he can get ready for bed. But don't worry if nothing is making sense, just don't be rude and point out that his slippers are soaking wet. For some reason just let great grandpa cook.
Speaker 6: And I was I was in the arena when he was doing his sound check, and it was just like maybe like thirty people on stage and Trump just sort of like walking slow motion. Man, he looked really different than any other time that I've seen him live. Like usually he's just like snapping, he's shaking hands, he's walking.
Speaker 5: This time he was just sort of like stiff, like his arms were up. He wasn't really swinging. Yeah, I got some video of it.
Speaker 6: I'll send it to you guys, and I'll say, this feels different off the bat, even before he went up on stage. But the fact he could still pull off an hour and a half speech, I was like kind of impressed.
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: But it was a total different tone than any other speech he's ever given in his life. Usually he's just going a million miles an hour. You can see that maybe he's even talking faster than his brain is working sometimes. But this time it felt like, you know what, maybe they're starting to catch up with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, truly, because it was meandering and like the little asides, it was like it was weird at like how the speech at times felt like someone was banging the teleprompter machine like Yo, this shit is fucking up, and then like the texts would come back and he would like snap out of whatever the fuck he was saying. Like he would just be like, they're very dishonest people, you know, but that's okay.
Speaker 7: We like them, don't you. They're like little Johnny from your neighborhood. Remember little Johnny always getting in trouble, but you couldn't be mad because he was so little. His dad worked at the Dow Chemical plant. But when it was just president we will no longer have men competing in women's sports, and then it was like.
Speaker 1: Weird he would say this shit, he loses the audience and then suddenly come up with some culture war talking point. It was little Johnny shit on the prompter? Was that real? It's hard to know, dude, It's so hard to know what is and is it Like if he's truly being like, hold, let me do my shirt really quick, I'll come back to the sheet. Met Yeah, I need to riff because if I mean the you know, the Hannibal electu thing. It felt like he knew he wasn't supposed to say it, because like I know, they're gonna, they're gonna, they're not gonna like me when I bring this up. But the late great head of elector folks, I'm like, that can't be you know, three he comes.
Speaker 6: It was also a new speech, like he had just given one of his speeches to one of his kids to give the old speech, but after he got shot at that was supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be the moment.
Speaker 6: He was supposed to just be a different person, and so they wrote a whole new speech for him. So I want to be surprised if there was just some elements of him to sort of discovering the speech because he's reading it for the.
Speaker 5: First time a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so he's like, wait a second, maybe that was a good time for me to just go on this other tangent real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't do any extra reading. We like that. There's been rumors that he can't read. He seems to be able to read, but he's not gonna do any extra reading. He's trying to read the speech ahead at times. Funck that, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I mean, what is he supposed to read it when he's in court?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, It was wild too, because he when he's started off, you could he was going to do some emo shit too, because at one point he's like, I'm not supposed to be here, folks, I shouldn't be here, and so amen. What was that like being at the RNC the fucking days after someone tries to take this man's life and you're in the building with the most fervent supporters of this.
Speaker 6: So, first of all, on the way there, I'm scared. I'm terrified, sure, because I'm a member of the press. I was there at January sixth. I saw other people in the press get beat the fuck up by Trump supporters for less. So I'm thinking, oh my god, this whole week is gonna be nuts. They've been blaming the left, they've been blaming the media. They've been saying that everybody who's not Republican is responsible for what happened to Trump. So I'm like, really tense. I get there, I put my bag on the table for the Secret Service to inspect.
Speaker 5: They like stick a finger through. They're like, good, go ahead, and they just like let me through.
Speaker 6: It takes like literally ten seconds to get inside, and I'm like, wait, that's not at all I was expecting. And then I go all that, yeah, yeah, I'm like, I'm expecting dogs. I'm expecting, like, you know, Fort Knox, like a giant glass dome around the arena.
Speaker 5: You know. Uh No, everything was really really chill. People are smiling.
Speaker 6: It was sort of like a nice, like happy atmosphere, and it was easier security than the TSA.
Speaker 5: That I had just gone off I had to get when I landed in Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: So I get through, I'm like trying to find some delegates to talk to, and everybody is just ecstatic. There's they can't wait to talk to the press. They're in line to get inside the building. I talked to this one delegate from North Carolina. She's got like this southern charm about her, and she's sort of like going side the side. She's just like can't wait. And so I asked her, like, what's your mood today, and she goes, oh, this is just the best I've been to like the last RNC and this is just gonna be so much better.
Speaker 5: We're so united, this is amazing.
Speaker 6: And I'm asking her so like if you tied any conversations with other people, like what's that been like for you?
Speaker 5: And then again she's like, this is the best conversations.
Speaker 6: Everybody here is so nice to be around, to the like minded people, and I'm like, great, great, great, so about Saturday, remember that, Like how do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: And then it was like something switched in her brond.
Speaker 6: She was like, oh yeah, oh man, that was just I can't believe this would happen in this country. Political violence should never happen. But you know, the radical left has always been like calling him Hitler, and that's the reason. And then the next thing that everybody would say when I talk to them about what happened about the attempted assassination, they would bring it to God.
Speaker 5: They would be like, God saved him. Yeah, Jesus put his arms around Trump and put in an armor, like a layer of armor around him.
Speaker 1: Gave him your armor.
Speaker 5: And that's what felt different.
Speaker 6: It's like there's always been like this religious element to the Trump fan base, to the support, but this time it felt like everybody had been validated. But again, this is only when I brought up the shooting. Otherwise it just wouldn't come up right. You know, everybody was just excited. One person said that they felt like they were at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: When I asked them, I was just gonna say, like Disney adults being at Disneyland, Like, yeah, we went to the character breakfast, We got our pictures and pancakes with Matt Gates. It was amazing.
Speaker 6: Matt Gates, by the way, is definitely Daffy Duck, you know, Donald Disney.
Speaker 5: It was weird, bro.
Speaker 6: And then when I got to like the Maga celebrities I'm talking about like the Jack Posebic and Charlie Kirk, because it felt like everybody.
Speaker 5: Was just around. They were just all kind of standing around.
Speaker 6: So we get a chance to just talk to all these people who you only ever get to see little clips of on Twitter. And so when I would talk to them, they were the ones who were more rehearsed, and they were saying, like, the Left just took their shot, and now we have to like court like basically get together and make sure that the Left pace for what they did. And I'm like, so, how are you so sure sure about this guy's motives?
Speaker 5: And then they would just have.
Speaker 6: Their like their greatest hits of like well, Joe Biden just said he wanted to put trumpet bullseye And they've been calling a hitler.
Speaker 5: And they've been saying this treason and all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the regular people, the delegates, the people who just came from all across the nation, not at the tops of their minds, not at all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's so weird, Like you think it was just like a self preservation mechanism to not want to acknowledge like what it was. Cert Like it's a frightening thing to be like, oh man, someone trying to fucking shoot this guy? Is that? Like what what do you think was like feeding that sort of denial or like not wanting to entertain because you feel like my like when I said, I was like, bro, these they're going to get so turned up over this shit, like it's all they're going to talk about. But also in the back of my mind is like we're also so numb to gun violence. Tragically, I don't and like I don't know what it's going to do. So I'm curious. It's like what your perspective was on like that lack of I guess, enthusiasm to talk about it or bring it up, you know.
Speaker 6: For for me personally, my opinion is that it just speaks to the nature of the kind of support that Trump has, you know, it's you know, I've.
Speaker 5: Done this too.
Speaker 6: I've like characterized it as being like a sort of like mean spirited, angry support where they're all sort of coalescing around this idea that like immigrants are ruining everything, and the Left they're teaching their kids to like hate their parents and all this stuff, right, But actually there's just a ton of enthusiasm around this person who's in their mind like a famous celebrity has come down from the Ivory Castle to come and like shake hands with.
Speaker 5: The normal people.
Speaker 6: One of the things that I said to one of my colleagues while we were there was like this, I'm so glad that it's at least in like a sports arena. This was in the fires or Forum where like the Milwaukee Bucks play, and I was thinking, this is so appropriate, because this is all just people just coming.
Speaker 5: To see Yannis play. It felt like the same thing.
Speaker 6: They wanted to see their favorite people that they know about on TV, who they've only ever experienced through these like big sound bites, and they wanted to see them live, and they wanted to see them play the greatest hits. Right, So imagine like people going to see Disney on ice right after Mickey Mouse just got like, you know something re assassination. Yeah, it's had the assassination on Mickey Mouse and maybe it clipped one of his big round years.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, you going.
Speaker 6: You're gonna ask those little kids like are you like, how are you feeling. They're gonna be like, I can't believe I'm about to see Mickey Mouse. And that was That's the best way to explain the energy.
Speaker 1: It's like Mickey's all right, don't worry, I'm here to see Mickey though.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like the policies and everything else comes second. The major thing that I think attracts them to the party.
Speaker 5: Is just Trump worship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So one of another.
Speaker 6: Piece that I did while I was down there was trying to talk to as many non white delegates as I can, and I spent a lot of time with this guy.
Speaker 5: His name is Hilario. He's like this young.
Speaker 6: He's twenty three years old and he's the chairman of the Milwaukee County Republican Party, which is just insane.
Speaker 5: He was in high school when COVID hit high school.
Speaker 6: Wow, and now he's like the highest ranking Republican in the entire county and the host county and so I spent a lot of time with him. He's half Mexican, he grew up in this very Latino neighborhood. He has a black sister who was adopted. He himself was adopted by like a white mom, And so I would ask him about like all of these things, like, so do you think about the great replacement theory? What do you think about Trump saying that migrants are poisoning the blood of America. It's like all that stuff came second. It's like for him, it's all about identifying with this larger group and all the policies they're willing to negotiate on, Like they.
Speaker 5: Don't really care.
Speaker 6: I don't in my opinion, they don't really care about like trans people in sports, Like that's not really a thing that they think about, but they see people talking about it, and then they see the comments and then they get fed. Well, the left actually thinks that this should be encouraged, or they left actually thinks that people should be allowed to have abortions after the kids born. Like they attacked themselves to that kind of stuff, and they put themselves on a position based on that. But the primary thing that the reason that they're all there is because they're just attracted to this cult of personality. They love the celebrityiness of it.
Speaker 5: All right, that's the best way I can explain it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if they because so far we haven't seen the energy around the attempted assassination really steered into like it it was like Trump at some level was grappling with maybe his feelings of mortality and like this idea that he could trying go from here and be a uniter. And we've also witnessed him like his body rejecting that like in the deep. Like it's honestly like when people were like, He's going to be the United I was like, he absolutely is not going to go in a different dreg because we've seen this before, Like we've seen I think there was a State of the Union where they were like and this is the Donald Trump, like where he is going to be he finally became presidential, but that shit just like looked like he looked like he was falling asleep when he was doing it because he was just reading off a prompter and like watching his address to the RNC, you feel like you're watching them, you know, like going with your sports metaphor It's like they were like, all right, Yannis is left handed now, so well, no, no he's not, but he's going to try and pretend to be, and it's going to look awkward as fuck and it's not. The energy is going to be off and weird, and you're going to be able to recognize it. So I think he is going to recognize that shit pretty quickly, especially you know, as soon as they get his med styled in or whatever is happening with his energy, and then and then we're going to see.
Speaker 1: Like a much more.
Speaker 3: I don't know, violent you know, he's he's already kind of doing it. But I feel like they're going to take whatever those breaks are that we're like, we can, we can be the great Uniters.
Speaker 1: I don't know, well, yeah, I think a lot of that strategy was built around running against Joe Biden. Yeah, and now that that's not the case. I don't know what their playbook looks like or what I mean. It just sounds like they're reflexively going into you know, misogyny and racism.
Speaker 6: They have to start from scratch, which is kind of interesting. It's like I was when all this started, when like the talk about replacing Biden started, I was like, how are we going to start a whole new campaign from scratch on a national level and get people who don't necessarily pay attention to politics at the same degree that you and I might get them to care about showing up on like a Tuesday to vote for somebody who they don't really understand or don't really.
Speaker 5: Know who they haven't been hearing about.
Speaker 6: But then I was thinking about, oh, wait, so the Trump campaign has to start from scratch, too, so this might necessary, that might not necessarily be a bigger deal as as some people might think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I hope not.
Speaker 1: Well right, And like the one thing I tried to use as copium as I watched this was like, well, I'm like, because this is before Biden dropped out, I'm like, well, first of all, this dude is fucking up bad too, so who knows they might cancel each other out. But the other part was the energy in there. It felt like the election was already a foregone conclusion, which I was like, that's I look, confidence, you need confidence, But like the way that that room was moving and shit, it felt like it was already the Wednesday after the election, and like every race, like every individual race had been called for Trump, and I'm like that feels a bit that I don't know if that's a place you want to be in just competitively to be so like that. But again, that also does help for whatever I'm sure violent response they would want the base to have in the event that Trump doesn't win, to have as much like because that expectation is being set like crazy. They're like, when we win, when we win, the only way we lose is if they cheat. The only way we lose is if they do this. That we're not gonna lose. We've won, We're winning. That that having that in the subconscious and having that reinforce constantly that I'm like a little bit like, oh man, what they're going to try and do with the like not letting Biden be replaced by Harris and then if Harris wins, you know, being like, well, that's not this is a fake election. And she's actually literally not by president, She's she's a lizard.
Speaker 3: But I do think, like, I mean, people are falling asleep during Trump's speech in the building, like it did not go over well with the people, Like, you know, various reporters from inside the convention were saying like people were starting to leave. You could hear like loud chattering on the fringes of the arena. This is like their god head figure is like delivering the big speed, probably the most hype speech.
Speaker 1: Of his career. And they were like, I don't know, this is a skip for me, man, I'm yeah, I'm gonna I mean.
Speaker 6: The poor guy had to go after Hogan probably should have done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough one to follow, especially when he's seems like he's on a adderall lull and needs to take a little break. Ideah, a lot of checks, too many stealing glances wolf splitzers, Yeah, too many splitzers. Ayman, were there any other like policy kind of things going on that you asked just to try and get the take of the magi set, just to kind of see where they landed on stuff.
Speaker 6: So I'm always looking for like the other angle that nobody else could get. Uh So I sort of sniffed out the Muslims as best as I can.
Speaker 5: I see, the first one was easy. The first one was easy.
Speaker 6: She was wearing like a full blown headget and I'm like awesome. So I got close to her and I was like, oh, it's up. She told me who she was. Her name is Roland Mecki.
Speaker 5: She's from southern Lebanon, her family from southern Lebanon.
Speaker 6: She's from Michigan, and she was an alternate delegate, but she couldn't wait to get inside to like go see her hero, Donald Trump. And so I was like asking her specifically about Israel, because the day before when I was talking to her, it was like all about Israel.
Speaker 5: Essentially.
Speaker 6: There was like three or four different speakers who were all just talking about Israel. They're talking about the campus protests and how that made Jewish Americans feel unsafe. They were talking about American hostages. They were talking about pretty much everything you could talk about when it comes to Israel. So I was asking her how she felt around all of that. Right, there's like a pretty interesting subtext of like if you're not if you're not for Israel, you're against America essentially essentially. So I was talking hear about that she's from so Lebanon. People who don't know so the Lebanon was occupied by Israel fur period, and then they're now getting bumped to death and it's crazy happening.
Speaker 5: Level right now.
Speaker 1: People displaced right now and so too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I asked her. I was like, so, do you feel weird about this? And she's like, no, I'm with my people. This is what I'm here for. My main priority is immigration, My main priority is this is that? And then behind her the whole time we're talking is this woman wearing a hat that said Jexit. I interviewed her later about this, but she said it was for like the Jewish Brexit, and she was scowling.
Speaker 5: She was giving her.
Speaker 6: Like this mean, dirty look that's seering into the back of her head. Meanwhile she's talking about how happy she is and how at home she feels. She feels more at home with her public party than the Democratic Party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she also had to have like this hush voice.
Speaker 6: She knew that if she were going to be like outspoken about being pro Palestine her anti Israel, that she might you know, it might start some confrontation. But afterwards, when I would talk to the lady who was scowling at her, I asked her, how do you feel about building the coalition with people who are not explicitly pro Israel?
Speaker 5: And she's like, absolutely not. I don't want them to have anything through to.
Speaker 6: The Republican Party. If you're not with Israel, you're not with us. And so I did that a few times. I talked to Niscantor, who goes now by innis Cantor Freedom. He's the Turkish national who lost his citizenship after his dad was accused of terrorism. But it was also like, has to do with criticizing the Chinese government. Crazy story. If you don't know about his story, she definitely look it up. But after what happened to him, he became like this Fox News regular and now he's eyeing like a congressional run, which is really interesting. But he's six foot six, so he's huge and he's hard to miss. So I was talking to him about being a Muslim at the RNC, and then right as soon as that interview happened, another guy and he started like thumbing through my credentials. He was like putting his hands on my cod just trying to see my name, and he's like.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're Muslim, and I'm like yeah. So then we start talking about it a little bit.
Speaker 6: But then these other two guys, these delegates from New York, came and they were like, oh, so, how do you feel about this? How do you feel about that. They were also Muslim, so they were sort of engaged with the idea, and then afterwards, I oh, the funniest part about that whole argument was that they were say, well, we're Muslim, but we're here for solutions. We want to bring a lasting piece of to the area. And the other guy, who was a delegate from Illinois, goes, well, we just have to get rid of the Arabs, whether or not that means like, wow, like airlifting them out or I don't know what that's the only and he's talking about Judea, Samaria, and Gaza. And so I asked the Muslim guys afterwards, I'm like, so, how do you feel about building a coalition with this guy? Like how do you feel about being on the same team as this guy? And they were saying, well, the same thing. We care about our local issues. We want to stop the over regulations so we can bring more money into our communities. We don't want to be like They also had some things to say about like the gay agenda. They were like, we don't want to be supporting gay people in Pennsylvania when we should be supporting like our local New York thing, which is like an interesting way to like base your entire support for the Republican Party either way. Again, I found that delegate from New York from Illinois, and I asked him the same question. I asked the j Exit lady, how do you feel about building a coalition with people who are explicitly anti Israel. Nope, don't want anything to do with them. They shouldn't be there, they shouldn't be the Republican Party. So I thought that was a really interesting But also neither the j Exit person nor the guy from Illinois, neither of them said that Israel is their top priority. They just their top priorities are immigration for both of them, So even though it's not their top priority, they still want nothing to do with the Muslims who are not explicitly pro Israel, which I thought to be very illuminating, only because I'm still trying to understand the nature of the support. I know it's like several years into the Trump the Trumpification of our politics, but it's still doesn't make sense how some people seem to be voting against their interests. It's pretty much explicitly, but it still feels very strong, and I think it has a lot to do with just identity that I've chosen to identify with a certain party, and then everything else just sort of becomes soup. Like they just need to like mix it, choose like whatever flavors they want on the side, advocate for those flavors, but they're just willing to be part of the soup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's just I think whenever when.
Speaker 6: It comes to the subject of Palestine, people become so passionate and triggered because there's just so many pictures like that kids, and even on the Israeli side, there's just it becomes so violent and visceral for them. So it's just interesting to see the way that some people will willing to work with other people.
Speaker 5: Other people just wanted nothing to do with other people.
Speaker 6: And so this could be depending on how Kamala comes to this one particular issue, this could become a fracture for the Republican Party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Kamala in the past has said that she wanted to see US cease fire, but then she also like caveat her on the side.
Speaker 5: She was like, he's fire also, you know.
Speaker 6: The Yeah, I'm curious to see how she comes down on the issue, how forceful she is about saving kids and giving them medicine and giving them food, and whether or not that's going to pull Muslims away or from the Republican Party who's been really trying hard to expand their tents, or if she just ends up being coming down on the issue in the same way that genocide Joe, who's been dubbed genocide Joe, as I wonder if that's going to push even more people away.
Speaker 1: That's that's like a huge issue that I'm really curious to see how that resolves itself, because it's it does manifest and like voter support and you know, like they're already uncommitted to get delegates that be at the d n C that I'm sure we'll be trying as hard as possible to get the issue like on the platform or at least acknowledge to some extent, because that's that's that's where that kind of thing is supposed to happen at the convention. But if yeah, well we'll see, we don't know what kind of convention it's going to be. How hard they try to just not mention it at all, you know, well, yeah, I also love that. Yeah, and in that recent ICJ ruling, you know, probably Puts makes the question more irrelevant with them saying that, like, you know, these occupied territories are illegal, and it's going to be up to countries like the United States too, you know, because it's not a binding decision. But we do need you do need this, you do need the pressure from the you know, global community to make something happen. And will that happen that's big question mark, although you know, the probability seem lower than I.
Speaker 6: Have a feeling that come On is just going to go on stage and just go coconut Tree anyone and then just they get.
Speaker 5: Like the memes to go flow out.
Speaker 1: I hope she doesn't think it's lean into the memes. That would be bad. Don't lean into the memes. I can't explain more to the meme. Don't lean into the meme. Yeah, yeah, be the meme. Be the meme. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And Miles and I both saw Twisters over the weekend. Had to had to Did they give you a magnet a car magnet?
Speaker 3: I didn't get a car magnet, neuser.
Speaker 1: I saw it on the Big Imax at UH which one at t c O down down, bro. I saw it at one where they claimed it was Imax. This ship was not. They're claiming ship is Imax. That is not Imax. Yeah, I'm like, yo, this this is like a big screen.
Speaker 5: But this this is like.
Speaker 1: My I have real Imax screens in the city, right or oh right right? Oh, like Howard Hughes Center has one, Sidney has one? Anyway, like even the one at the Science Center that they claim as Imax is not really Imax. But yeah that ain't.
Speaker 3: And I go and I say that loudly throughout, screaming.
Speaker 1: All that Imax. That ain't Imax.
Speaker 3: But okay, so Twister's number one movie at the box office actually exceeded expectations. One thing it didn't do miles And this was kind of the first thing that my friend who I went with brought up to me. Where my steamy makeout scene? Where how come how come not intention see a lot attention? Yeah, how are they going to break the tension.
Speaker 1: Sexual attention between the big main boy character and big main girl character And they get together at the end, but they don't kiss in a way that was like was the spoiler alert?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is kind of spoiler since the real spoiler alert for Twisters.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert for Twisters. They start a throttle with one of the twisters.
Speaker 3: The two leads aren't horribly killed in a tornado, and the end of the movie finds them. Finally, it's like, go see about that girl, goodwill hunting style, and he goes and her flight gets delayed, and then you it like in the part where the couple would kiss, they do not. Instead we hear that her flight is delayed, and then they stride off purposefully somewhere to fuck each other, I guess, is what I assumed.
Speaker 1: But also yeah.
Speaker 3: Also it's yeah, it's confused because it also is like this airport is about to get hit by twister and we need to because that seems to be the pattern. Like that's That's the one thing I would say that is hard to swallow about a Twister movie, this being my first one. As I mentioned last week, I didn't see the first Twister, and it's that the bad guy is a tornado that seems to be targeting them, particularly like following them around just tornadoes keep breaking out like wherever they are. It's it's got the jaws for a problem, right where it's just like this Twister.
Speaker 1: It's it's weird, but this Twister seems to fucking hate you two. It's it's a Twister movie, you know. So by then I was like, yeah, that was fine. Yeah, that's what I expected, you know what I mean? Uh, But her Magicy and I talked a lot about the ending. Actually I thought it was fine for you know, them not to kiss. Yeah, she was like, oh I wish they did those they should have or whatever. But we both as we laid out our cases as to why we felt the same way, we both arrived at who gives an actual fuck it would have only been like one kiss and like, also we're constantly beat over the head with the man and the lady must kiss at the end or we don't know if this was a movie we just saw.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so why are you guys obsessed with the kissing?
Speaker 5: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: No, the internet, so the apparently there was a tweet that came out where they're like up there because there was a scene where they clearly someone behind the scenes there was a behind the scenes shot of them actually kissing in this moment, so a kiss was shot.
Speaker 5: Apparently.
Speaker 1: Then Stephen's apparently Stephen Spielberg. Yeah. According to Daisy Edgar Jones, she was like, she said, quote, I think it's a Spielberg note, wasn't it as to why the kiss was cut out? And people were like, well, what happened to the kiss? And yeah, I'm sure like a lot of people who are like watching, like and this is where they kiss. And then you got like a in its sequence and this one for my private collection, right right, yeah, this one goes. This one's for me. The best best scenes are the people getting absolutely just sucked off by the Twisters, as I described it, just repeatedly gone hoovered out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do wish the characters that talked more about you know, and just when you watched the love of your life get sucked off, sucked off, just twister absolutely sucked off underneath that interchange, Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, great, look perfect. I think again, it did exactly what I needed it to do. I was nostalgic for like a nineties sort of you know, spectacle movie, and it did that. It did that. What did you think of the lack of the climate change talk, because like I get like when he was saying, it's a reflection of the world part of me was like, is he using sort of like these people who are a little bit thoughtless about how in danger they are, like as a reflection as to how we look at the situation, or that's just bad plot.
Speaker 3: I think I think it was like it seemed like some people were like purposefully referencing it without calling it climate change. But it definitely felt like their attempt to have it both ways, where someone was like, yeah, and it's only getting hotter and the weather's only getting more volatile, and but like they couldn't call it climate change because then it was going to.
Speaker 1: Go woke, go woke. Yeah, it would have gone broke. Who knows what would have happened if they mentioned climate change. Would it have reached the heights that it did. I know, I think it would have. I think it would have.
Speaker 3: Oh man, a lot of there was a lot of like meteorology talk and you know, talk of like weather patterns and high pressure systems, and like they they did kind of go out of their way to explain all these things. So it does feel a little weird that they didn't mention climate change at all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but part of me is like I could care less about meteorology. Let me just see a big storm suck a whole group of people off. Yeah, suck a whole group off. And then I'm describing when people get pulled into a tornado. Yes, that wasn't clear enough.
Speaker 6: There's this movie PG because I'm hearing a lot of sucking off.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm that's how I describe people who are catastrophic, catastrophically taken away by the winds of the tornado, because it looks like they're just getting sucked off, sucked off beyond they're like, hold on to me, and they're like no, and they fly away. But that's my annoying way to bother my partner by being someone got sucked off, baby, and you stop. You're screaming it out loud at this point, like, oh he got sucked off? And man, what a pleasure having you on the dailies like our inaugural Monday Morning with a guest episode.
Speaker 5: After the DNC so we can cry together.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it'd be so good. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 6: It's just spelled A A Y, M A and N do O T C O m Aiman dot com pretty much on Instagram, Twitter, though I don't use it as much as I should, but it's it's on there You'll find.
Speaker 1: Me, there you go. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 6: I've been watching rewatching Veep just because it's so much funnier now to imagine Kamala Harris. They addressed the same, they kind of look the same, and it's just the every moment when she goes into her secretary and she goes to the president call and the secretary says nope, and then that's it.
Speaker 1: It just wrings a little bit darker for me, right right, right man.
Speaker 5: There's also this.
Speaker 6: Really funny scene right at the very beginning where the president gets a heart attack, or she's being told that the president gets a heart attack, and there's like this glimmer of excitement in her eye and.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And then she gets pulled to the situation room and she's giving these big binders and she has to sign all the shit, and then like twenty minutes later, they're like, oh, the president just had heartburn. Yeah, Oh, I'm so happy that that's so relieved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the great characters of all time.
Speaker 3: Amazing, all right, that is going to do it for us on this Monday back tomorrow with a whole aast episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bite peace,