Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Kilan Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared.
Speaker 2: Habn An iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everyone, welcome to an all new episode of Suckers Kaylin's Corner. I'm joined by my husband Dean. Hey. Yo, we are here in Aruba, sunny, beautiful Aruba, and we're ready to chat pop culture.
Speaker 3: A rub a Ruba and today we're only talking about a Ruben pop culture.
Speaker 2: There's not really much going on.
Speaker 1: You think it's a Ruben or a Rubian.
Speaker 2: Our driver yesterday, yesterday set a Ruben.
Speaker 1: I would agree with Ruben.
Speaker 2: And today it's at a Ruben Florin.
Speaker 1: God, I'm really hankering for a Ruben right now though.
Speaker 2: A Rubin a Ruben. You good job, good joke. Okay, so let's jump into pop culture. I do want to say that some people were getting angry with me for not talking about bachelor pop culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually haven't even thought about that, but you're right and they are right to be angry with you about that.
Speaker 2: There's what are we going to say, speculate on the drama of our friends.
Speaker 1: We're not friends with these people, we don't know them.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about like big headlines. I guess that was like a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I'll speculate.
Speaker 2: We'll pass that.
Speaker 1: What's the headline, Give it to me.
Speaker 2: This was a few speculations a few months ago. We won't address that. But Dean and I have been watching Joey's season. We are behind spoiler alert, Dean, but Maria is gone.
Speaker 3: You don't care, No, not really, Okay. I did like her, though she was She was probably the only character I enjoyed watching on the show.
Speaker 2: Do you thought she was very, very pretty?
Speaker 1: They said that she did putting words in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Yes you did. Or vey large air dress. I remember what she was wearing and you were like, oh, she's she's very attractive.
Speaker 3: Yes, she is pretty, but I don't think I would ever said that watching the show with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was on her date with him and she's wearing it. I have.
Speaker 1: I know exactly the moment you're referring to.
Speaker 3: You're like, I I bet you I know which one you think is the hottest, And I was like, I bet you don't that one, right, and you're and I was like, nope, it's the one over there, and it ended up being Maria. You're trying to pigeonhole me and get me in.
Speaker 2: Trouble because it was it was separate, it was separate. But Maria's gone and people are absolutely obsessed with her on TikTok on Instagram like TikTok, anything Bachelor is all about Maria, and I don't think I've ever seen someone so loved on a Bachelor show the way that Maria is.
Speaker 3: Since since you, since anyone in particular, since you, I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding, had.
Speaker 2: Hard eyes for you on your season. Yeah, since like a female, people were obsessed with Tyler Cameron. People are obsessed with you.
Speaker 3: That's true everyone. I guess I can't even speak because Peter and.
Speaker 2: Tyler Peter who liked Peter, well, I think he was more I guess after his season with the record.
Speaker 3: I walked so Tyler Cameron could run. Okay, let's be clear about that. Tyler was it for my little twu pack. Tyler's eight pack never would have launched out of the.
Speaker 2: Straight two back.
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, he was for I got a two pack shaker down there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maria's gone. Back to Maria, I liked her, but have you ever seen a female so maybe Hannah Brown. People loved her on her season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girls are tricky. There's a lot of the girls are a little more polarizing.
Speaker 2: I think, well, people just love to hit on women too. I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah to it. Yeah, I a gress. We do live in a patriarchal society.
Speaker 2: He said to us, as a champagne and he's frisky. Yeah, yes, just I mean it's hard to be liked by everyone.
Speaker 3: I think at the end of the day, you can't please everyone, and so why don't you just be yourself and yourself? And I'm not saying I know we're kind of getting off topic with saying that, but like Maria is adored and that's awesome. I think it's just because she is herself and she's unwavering in it. I think we were talking about this on our main Suckers podcast just recently today. Actually, you know, I didn't get the chance to intervene and make a point of it. When you were on the show, you were twenty three years old, you had no idea who you were, and at twenty eight you have a much better opinion of who you are. And so I think if you were to go back on the show at your age now, And I don't know how old Marie is. She could just be like maybe a more advanced, younger mid twenties girl.
Speaker 2: She seems very confident Marie Batch.
Speaker 3: I guess my point is like you had no idea who you were when you were twenty three on the show. I also had no idea who I was when I was twenty five on the show. And I think that's a big part of it too, is like the show kind of likes taking these younger mid twenties people guys are girls because you are a little less stable and you're going to act a little bit more erratically.
Speaker 2: I was very erratic and very unstable.
Speaker 1: You were, And it's so funny. Just think about this the other day, but you can't.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about this the other day actually, for some reason, I'm not sure why. When you get put in points of stress, like on a regular basis just me and you, you you just you.
Speaker 1: Kind of change.
Speaker 2: You can't speak.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think about how I want to say this.
Speaker 3: When you're in a stressful situation, you kind of like break down a little bit and you let your emotions get the better of you totally, and that so so literally for two months of the filming The Bachelor and for one month of filming Bachelor in Paradise, you were in that constant state of being stressed, and so you were just acting emotionally the entire time. I don't think anyone ever really got to see like your clear headedness. There were moments for sure, like you know, I'm not saying that it was entirely that way, but it's just so interesting to think, like people form an opinion of you based off of this TV show, but it's a high stress environment. You're young and impressionable, and it's just I guess maybe it's just refreshing to see someone that kind of comes in and it's like, this is who I am, take it or leave it kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And that's why they shouldn't cast people who were my age, Like they need to stop. It's just like not, I know, we're getting older, So maybe that's why. But it's just not enjoyable to watch these twenty three year olds who don't know who they are. Disagree I had you like them twenty three. I'm sorry, continue I had no idea who I was when I was twenty three. I was exactly what Dean said, so impressionable. Maria, I looked it up, was twenty nine, so it makes sense, like she is confident, she's sure of herself, and not saying every twenty nine year old is confident and sure of themselves. But like you have a better head on your shoulders than you do at twenty three, when you're pretty fresh out of college. You're just like exploring life for the first time. It's like, I think that's maybe, maybe it's a good mix to have young and I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I personally don't want to watch a show about twenty nine's not young about people making rational decisions. I want to see irrational decisions. I want to see chaos, I want to see emotion.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Not every twenty nine year old has a good head on their shoulders. I think twenty nine year old's going head to head is still interesting if it's even if it's more interesting than twenty three versus twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Sure, I will say Maria. Social media, she pops up sometimes on my explore for some reason. I guess because I Google Bachelor or Instagram search Bachelor contestants. That just pops up a lot of office quotes in her slides, and I respect that about her.
Speaker 2: Maria's probably too big, but if she ever wants to come on the podcast, let's interview her. I think everything we just said is valid. I think I think they should be casting older. I'm kind of over the young young girls. Let's switch it up.
Speaker 1: Older than you by one year. Older is older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's so wise. It would be crazy to see me as a twenty eight year old go on the show versus little baby Caitlin.
Speaker 3: I think you would act differently, but I don't think it would be that different.
Speaker 2: I do. I was nuts, but okay, So everyone's freaking out over Maria leaving, Like everyone on TikTok is absolutely obsessed with her. These are some of the quotes. How am I supposed to watch the rest of the show with Maria? She's the whole reason for me. Maria's gone him done. I'm actually so uninterested in finishing the season out, like people are totally tuning out.
Speaker 1: People say that every year about their favorite now and then.
Speaker 2: They keep watching and then they fall in love with the new contestant. But I have never seen anyone so obsessed with a female contestant the way that they are with Maria. So I think The Bachelor would be crazy not to cast her as a bachelorette. M And I know they never really cast who you want, but in this situation, it's like when have people really rallied behind a woman.
Speaker 3: It'd be hard to I think maybe cast her as bachelorette because I think the producers would want someone that's a little bit more malleable, and she seems a little bit stuck in her ways.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think she would still be I think she'd be good because she can stand up for herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we also have to be willing to work with production.
Speaker 2: I think she is oh knowing nothing about her.
Speaker 1: Well, in that case, sign her up right now.
Speaker 2: I think she'd be a great bachelorette, But I feel like, like, who maybe Jojo Fletcher is like the last person people have been obsessed with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jojo was a big one.
Speaker 2: Hannah Brown, Yeah, Jojo and Hannah Hannah ge Taysha, Yeah, anyone else? I don't know. So sorry, we haven't been talking about Bachelor. We'll keep talking about Bachelor, and we have more Bachelor news. Hannah Brown is writing a romance novel.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna read it.
Speaker 3: I still am learning how to read, so probably not.
Speaker 2: I can't even get you to read Fourth Wing, so you're not reading that. But I'm interested to see how this is. And I am excited for Hannah. This book is named Mistakes We Never Made, and it's a good time to write a romance novel because she's in the midst of getting married, planning her wedding, so I'm excited for her.
Speaker 3: If you were to write a book, what would what genre would you write?
Speaker 2: Considering the only books I've read this year are fantasy? Probably fantasy?
Speaker 3: What would it be about? Give me like a base wagons? But what year or era would it be said in?
Speaker 2: I'm willing to like post apocalyptic, so maybe something postpoklyp it. But if it's dragons, it has to predate us, you could.
Speaker 1: I mean, who knows dragons might come around in the next twenty thousand years?
Speaker 2: Listen? Should we write it right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? Pop culture? We saw Dune too last night.
Speaker 2: We did say Dune too last night, and unfortunately we saw it in Spanish.
Speaker 3: All the non English parts were translated into Spanish subtitles.
Speaker 2: My brain was working so hard. I'm like, come on you use your five years of knowledge.
Speaker 1: I kind of picked up a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: I did, too, a little bit, a little bit. There were some very obvious words that I was like, Okay, she's sincere. Are he sincere?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like ls sincetto or something.
Speaker 3: There's like the Green Paradise pariso yeah, And I was like, oh, I know what that is the first full sentence I've understood.
Speaker 2: There were a few that I was like, Okay, I feel like I can. There were a couple of words here and there. But yeah, we saw Dune too. It was amazing, but we don't know a lot of what they said.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, still good. We only inner said eighty percent of the movie was still awesome.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're in a new wave of a list actors like these are the people that everyone wants to see in movies. Zindaia, Timothy, Florence Austin. Who else am I missing? Anna Taylor Joy?
Speaker 3: I gotta give Zendia props because she's the biggest actress in the world and she doesn't have a perfect set of teeth.
Speaker 2: I was surprised by that too. We saw it an imax. I was like, wait, how did I not know her teeth weren't perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just goes to show you that people love a little quirkiness sometimes and.
Speaker 2: Timothy, but I think people knew Timothy's teeth weren't perfect.
Speaker 1: Timothy is maybe the hottest man on planet Earth right now.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, because people are into like nerdy cute right now.
Speaker 1: I was just salivating over him all night.
Speaker 2: It was such a good cast, like amazing. Austin Butler killed it. He did such a good job. Yeah, to go from being on this little CW show to then being Elvis to now being.
Speaker 1: Don't spoil anything for anyone though.
Speaker 2: Now being in this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say, gotcha. He's in the movie. He's in the movie, and that's as much as we'll say.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was really good, and I don't know how many dunes there are, but I'm excited for the rest there.
Speaker 1: Are, guess, A very good guess though, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it was amazing. I would definitely suggest watching it. Maybe not while you're in Aruba so you can have English subtitles yet otherwise great.
Speaker 3: But hey, grant excuse to go back to the US and see it there again. True, I didn't even like the first Dune like I thought the First Dune was kind of like meh. The Second Dune one of the better movies I've seen in my.
Speaker 2: Lifetime, really good. Also, being in the movie theater in Aruba is different than being in America, and it just proves how cheap Americans are or how many hungry Americans are. Their seats stopped at like a very appropriate spot, so like you're not sitting right up against the screen. Did you see that? There was so much open space, whereas in America they'll put you as close to the screen as possible to make the most amount of money. Okay. Next in pop culture News, Sophie Turner takes, I have no idea how to say this guy's name, Peregrine Pearson. Paragrine Pearson as her date to the Louis Vuitton fashion show, so because then you're gonna ask all these questions Peregrine. However, the heck you say his name Falcon, his nickname is Perry. I'm gonna call him Perry. Perry Pearson is worth an estimated of two hundred and seventy million dollars if I remember that correctly, Yep, over two hundred and seventy million dollars.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: He owns his family estate, yeah, or is about to take it over or something. It's previously dated at Greek Royal. The Calgary estate is twenty thousand acres and they employed two hundred people full time, an extra one hundred and fifty people in summer. They house four hundred families.
Speaker 1: What is your estimated value on Google?
Speaker 2: Why? Whatever?
Speaker 3: Is exactly So take everything you see with a big grain of salt.
Speaker 2: Okay, he has a Korean property development, which makes sense if he's taking over the estate. But him and Sophie started dating. This like took over headlines because Sophie and Joejonas had kind of a messy deploy.
Speaker 1: Oh she's the girl from Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I knew that, yes, Sophie, and they started dating. Perry Pearson and Sophie started dating like two months after this messy divorce, and it was all over the news because they were in New York and they were trying to sign divorce papers and people paparazzi were like waiting outside and they were in there for like eight hours or something crazy. It was just super messy. And then Joe's remember Joe's camp kept coming out and they were like, Sophie's a bad mom or she parties and whatever, and then she started dating this guy two months later, which I don't really agree with people coming after other people for dating too soon, because you have no idea how long they were separated for. You know, you have no idea how toxic it was. You have no idea if like they fell out of love two years ago and they tried to make I don't know. I just feel like it's not fair to judge when you don't know all the facts.
Speaker 1: What ever, grieving process is different. For sure. Is Joe dating anyone new?
Speaker 2: Yes, a former pageant girl? I think they might still be dating. But last I saw he was dating Stormy bre Henley, who I was obsessed with growing up. I had I was just like, thought she was the coolest person ever. She's missed ten USA twenty eleven or twenty ten, maybe two thousand and nine around that when I started pageants, she was Missed ten USA, and I thought she was so cool. Miss USA came out with these like YouTube videos and I would always watch her vlogs. And then she became a model dated Lucky Blue, who was a famous model. They have a baby together, and now she's dating Joe Jonas.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: So that's a life of stormy breehaw much.
Speaker 1: I just love how you know all this stuff. You just pull it from the air.
Speaker 2: I just know a lot about pagets.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Kristen Cavaliery for a second.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's dating a baby, right, Is that what you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, Torri sent me that TikTok Kristin Cavalarry boyfriend. I totally forgot about that. What have you seen? What have you heard that?
Speaker 1: He's like some country you want to be TikTok star.
Speaker 2: Do you know how old he is?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight three?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, so they have a thirteen year age cap. It's why did it seem like it was more than that?
Speaker 1: He's twenty four twenty four?
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 1: Thirty seven? It's a thirteen years difference.
Speaker 2: Hm. You know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: What's crazy?
Speaker 2: Nobody would give a crap a guy and a girl. Nobody gave a crap when it was Sophia Richie and Scott Dissick. Nobody gave a crap when it was Amelia don't have her last name and Scott Dissick.
Speaker 3: Also, Christen's still hot. She's still a twenty four year old. To the eye, she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's still I think she'll never not be hot.
Speaker 1: I think it's the three kids. Maybe that changes things a little bit.
Speaker 2: Scott Dissick has three kids. Yeah, four kids. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're right, it's a double standard. But maybe because Kristen carried the three kids and Scott didn't carry the kids.
Speaker 2: Oh, that makes it worse. I agree, Leo only dating what twenty four four year olds in below? It's crazy, I and I'm gonna be honest. And then I saw the TikTok. I was shocked. And I don't know why. It's not okay for a woman to date someone younger, but it's okay for men to date these nineteen year olds. Amelia was nineteen or eighteen when he started dating her.
Speaker 1: Who's that Scott Dissick?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, But I do think that they get kind of thrown through the ringer on the internet anyways, the men we just don't often, we don't see as often with girls dating younger than guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is why, because they get hate. Hey, if she's happy, then I'm happy for her. Wow, she does look twenty four in this photo with him. I'm saying they just look like two hot young kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't really like him very much.
Speaker 2: Do you know who he is from? TikTok? No?
Speaker 1: I just don't think he's very cute.
Speaker 2: Oh you think she could do better?
Speaker 3: I don't think that their aesthetics match. Like she is like this very beautiful so Cal blonde girl, and he's like he looks like a Bostonian Matt Damon sort.
Speaker 1: I just don't really see them paired up together.
Speaker 2: She was rumored to be dating Tyler Cameron. Do you like her better with Tyler?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Nope, still too strong of a jaw. I see her with like a softer jawed, kind of chubby guy.
Speaker 2: Like that, because she was with him for so long. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I really have no idea where this is coming from.
Speaker 2: I just think that I see it with someone young and hot.
Speaker 1: Well, she looks like she's not a.
Speaker 2: Twenty four year old. I think you've got kids you need to be I don't know. I mean I was never pro Scott Jisick and Amelia or Sophia. I always thought he needed to be of someone older because of his kids. I think when you have kids, you need to date you're like an appropriate age.
Speaker 3: I think when someone is that universally hot like Kristen is, you need to You need to date someone that makes up for being less hot with like some other aspect of themselves.
Speaker 1: Like this guy. Don't know anything about him.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he doesn't have much going on other than being extremely good looking. And that's kind of what she had with Jay Cutler. Like Jay Cutler is kind of like a doesn't give a crap about anything gunslinger quarterback, just like he's like a Ben Affleck in a way where he's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is what it is. Yeah, I'm a little overweight, but who cares. I don't care.
Speaker 3: And she's like that kind of hot where she can't have someone that rivals her hotness and Jay didn't.
Speaker 1: That's my take on it.
Speaker 2: I think she could do something very hot and they just ruled the world. But I like, maybe thirty twenty four, what is the twenty four yearll doing. He's just an f boy.
Speaker 3: Look if I was twenty four once, if I was dating Kirsten Cavalier at twenty four, none of my friends would ever hear the end of it.
Speaker 1: What a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't know me when I was twenty four. If I did Christian cavalry before I met you at twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, however, I think.
Speaker 2: That would have made you more of a catch, Like do.
Speaker 1: You think that's your statist? Girls would have cared about that one million person?
Speaker 2: I did you ask your wife?
Speaker 1: Would you have cared about it?
Speaker 2: I don't think so you would have. It's hard for me to say be unbiased. I'm biased.
Speaker 3: Thank you you would have cared, I would have been more of a catch. But that's to say, like, you already are so obsessed with me, so you can't be more obsessed with me?
Speaker 2: Are I think you're kind of jerk, not a jerk, a douche.
Speaker 1: You're so obsessed with.
Speaker 2: Me, are going to think you're a douche even more?
Speaker 1: Like you can't go past.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to help you anyways. That's going to do it for this week.
Speaker 1: I thought I was just getting into total douche mode.
Speaker 2: Dean. I will try to talk more about Bachelor Nation now that I know you guys are passionate about it. Honestly, it makes sense that was my bad. Make sure you tune in next week. Oh also, don't forget that we have book club this month. Read The Nightingale and we will report back in a month. Dean's going to read it with us and we're going to chat about all things Nightingale.
Speaker 1: How many books am I expected to read at least fifty? Oh my gosh with me.
Speaker 2: Tune in next week where maybe we suck just a little bit less