Speaker 1: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto invalve significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto helth thro robin HUID cryptos not FDFC insured or SIPC protected. Confesting involves risk, including loss of principle Securities. Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 2: Erness listen up.
Speaker 3: When people all around the world first started going out protesting this summer, you'd hear it over and over. This time is different, But how and who are the people trying to make it different? And Gimleu's new podcast, Resistance Post Saie T John Thomas Jr. Brings us stories from the front lines of the movement for Black lives, told by the generation fighting for the change. It's a show about people refusing to accept things as they are and how we can make sure this time really is different. Resistance is out now. Follow and listen for free on Spotify. EYL Episode twenty four Listen, we got a special treat for y'all. We recorded so much content for this episode that we decided to put it out in two parts. So Part one you're about to listen to. Part two is gonna be released this Friday at five. That's right, this Friday at five. Part two to this episode and part one, we're gonna give you a step by step guide on how to build, how to market, how to monetize your social media. Mashad is a magician at that, so he's gonna give you his playbook and how he went from five hundred followers to eighty thousand, and how that same strategy grew the Earnier Leisure page from zero to seventy thousand in less than six months. And Part two, we're gonna sit down with Cole mid Kiff, the co founder of quick Track, a legal app that is tearing up the game right now. How he developed his app, how he's monetizing it and has a chance to have a evaluation in the nine figures. So tune into Part two of this episode this Friday at five.
Speaker 2: Don't miss it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, guys, welcome back, Welcome back, e y L number twenty four one over Jordan the Kobe. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Last year last week was it was the Jordan week. This this week is the Kobe week. Kobe. Yeah. So this is this is this is a this is gonna be a good one. This is a good episode, something that people have been acting us for. Definitely something that's very important. It's gonna be the technology episode, right, So we're going to talk about a few different things as far as tech is concerned. We're going to talk about social media, right, how to go your social media presence, how to monetize social media, you know, the whole one on one on social media campaigns. And then we're also going to go into the app.
Speaker 2: World, right, something that we had some experiencing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, that's a fact. Fact. We're gonna talk about the app world. We're going to talk about how to build the app, how to monetize the app, about vcs funding, all kinds of stuff right as far as apps are conserved, and were also going to talk about pay the pair of contracts and this is this is how to make money in tech. Member, if you watch the social media movie of Facebook. What was that movie called with the social the social network? And they told them, they said, look, a million dollars isn't cool? A billion dollars cool? That's a fact. That's a billion dollars. That's what this episode is about. This episode is about real quick.
Speaker 3: We we actually try to put that in context, right when we try to describe the difference between a million and a billion, right, And I always tell people to try to change it into time, right, Like I asked people like, how.
Speaker 2: Long do you think a million seconds is? Like, how do you think?
Speaker 5: Probably a couple of years?
Speaker 2: Twelve days? Right, how many How long do you think a billion seconds?
Speaker 3: Is my first answer thirty six years, So like twelve days, thirty six years, Like put that conceptually, that's a difference between a.
Speaker 2: Million and a billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really cool. But we got a special guest today, my man Cole mit Kiff. Thank you for joining us. So Cole, Yeah, we got to tell the backstory of how he met Cole. Right, so we were in la and be one of our favorite interviews Romeo Brown. Right, if anybody's not familiar, I think that was episode seventeen, Episode seventeen, The Town Romeo at the Town shout out to Oakland. So he was, he was, we did that last minute, like all of our interviews, right, and we were in LA and somebody said, like, this is a good person for you to interview. His sister actually to one of our comrades, Mike, and shout out to Mike.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Mike.
Speaker 4: So legend. So I spoke to Romeo on the phone and I'm like, yo, you know, yeah, you know you're interested. So we spoke and I got a good feel for him, like I think he's bigger personal interview. So he's like, all right, come to the to the spot at ten o'clock in the morn on and on Sunday. Oh my god, col. So when we get there ten o'clock in the morning on Sunday, the first thing he tells us is got a meeting. I got a meeting at eleventh busy. First he said, I got meeting with this business man. She had eleven thirty pretty much seeming like yo, this gotta be quick, all right, cool, long story short, We left Romeo at eleven thirty at night. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a crazy day.
Speaker 4: We spent the whole day with him right time. Yeah, so shout yeah, shout out to Glendale, California. So yeah, so his his little brother, that's big bro. Yeah, his little brother joined us after his coal and we just kicked it off and just a super cool dude and we was talking. He was telling us about this app that he has and the app was amazing. So we just stayed in communication and then you know, he was on the East Coast and we reached out and he's like, yeah, look, I want to come on the show. I'm like, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: When he was telling us about the app, it was funny because I'm like, yo, coo, I think I heard you on the radio. I just heard about this man, Like I know, I just heard about this And I was like, weren't you on the radio And.
Speaker 5: No clue what he saw.
Speaker 4: I was so flattered.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, thank you.
Speaker 3: It didn't hit me to two weeks later like oh I saw him on social media and he made it to the shave.
Speaker 4: That's why shave. That's a fact. That's a fact. I was in a shaved room too, twice twice twice. Yeah, that's a fact. That's a fact. Shout out to the shave. All right, So before we go into that, we're going to talk about how to grow your social media platform. Right, And as we said this, this show is fully transparent, so I will be giving first.
Speaker 2: Hand knowledge, step by step, book.
Speaker 4: Step by stack for you to get g on track from from yours truly. Yeah, man, right, So.
Speaker 3: I mean it's one of the first things that people have even like alumni. So now you officially hear that you now, I'm not They always asked like, yo, I seen y'all on I G how did y'all get this growth? And there's some steps that they obviously don't know.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. So we're gonna jump right into it. I'm all right. So as far as all right, before we even talk about growing social media, I want to make this completely you know, just put it out there. You don't have to go to your social media if you don't want to. Right. It's not like something that a lot of time people feel pressured by the numbers of followers that they have. It doesn't matter, like everybody doesn't have to have a million followers like you know, I know plenty of millionaires that have one hundred followers. I know, plenty of people that are dead broke that have three million followers. Happens all the time. True, But but social media can be used as a very powerful marketing tool. So as an entrepreneur, as a small business person, as anybody, a musician, whatever, if you you want to you know, market yourself, social media is a great way to actually do that. Right, So we'll talk about growing a social media presence. I'll talk about Instagram because that's what I know, right, That's that's my thing the world. Yeah, so all right, so I'll tell the backstory on this. So they started two years ago, right. I was in California with Mike, my me and Mike. I was there. Yeah, you were there, left left, he left. He left the day he left, like two days early. So we were there for my birthday and uh, like the last two days. When Troy left, we sat in a hotel room for like ten hours and we mapped out a strategy for me to grow on Instagram, right, because I was saying, like, you know, I want to I want to be like a financial guy on Instagram, but I only know how to go about it. But I feel like there was a need for it in the marketplace. So at the time, I had a private page. I have five hundred followers. So we we talked about, okay, different strategies that you can take, right. So first thing that we did was figure out exactly like what my goals were, right. So the first the first goal was to get five thousand followers, right, But we had history in growing an Instagram page prior to that. We talked about a little bit fashion. Yeah, we never we never put that out though, So fashion Wave it was a fashion blog that we started in twenty twelve, right, because in twenty twelve I saw the direction that Instagram was going in. I like to call myself a visionary. I kind of saw it happened before it happened. So what happened is that, humbly speaking.
Speaker 5: I agreed, let's go for it.
Speaker 4: I used to follow a page. I still do follow the page called fashion What was the name of it?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, I was gonna say fashion bomb, but it's not. That's not her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a fashion page and mont story short, it's like a look book, right. But what I realized in twenty twelve was that they were putting like it would be a woman when it dressed. But then in the caption it would say where to get the dress from. So it was an ad, but it was camouflaged as a regular post. Most people didn't realize what was going on. This is before it sponsored that, but I realized right away. I'm like, oh, this is brilliant, Like this is a way where you can reach millions of pe people online. It's much cheaper. I was assuming for people to advertise on her Instagram page as opposed to go to like a magazine for TV, and it's much more effective.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, the funny thing is is to not to just hop in that real quick and we'll probably maybe go into the genesis of all this. But I had I had a clothing company for a long time before any of this, And I remember during the Instagram you know days of like the twenty twelves and up where yeah, that was the lick, like that was you know, you would go in there and you'd be like, oh, like this is you know, that was what the algorithms kicked in and all the money. But that was a period of time where it was really like, oh, I can just put this out here, and you know, even if I only have three thousand people seeing all three thousand of them are seeing and I put my link in and we'll just go from there. I mean that, you know that changed. That was the that was the way, that was the method.
Speaker 3: We sat here. It was in this house. We sat here and we were downstairs and you're like, yo, this is crazy, Like you can't. I never forget you, Like, yo, print is dead, nobody anymore is dead.
Speaker 2: I said, like, this is the new wave right here.
Speaker 4: That's a fact that twenty two I said, prints over, this is this is this is what it is, right. I'm like, we gotta, we gotta do this. So we started a fashion blog called fashion fashion Wave, fashion Way fashion Wait two v's yeah. So we had the fashion wave right, and we built fashion Wave to like ten thousand followers and we got to thirteen. Yeah, it was pretty sizeable. How we built fashion Wave was we did that. We kind of cheated on that. So this, yeah, it's full transparency. So there's the websites and his apps where you can actually like other people's pictures. Yeah, and so the theory is that you liked enough pictures, then people see that you liked it, they'll look on your page, and then if your page is decent, then they'll follow around. It actually worked.
Speaker 6: Oh no, Instagram, I can't reiterate this enough. Before the algorithm kicked in, if you were any kind of like you know, at any kind of savvy on Instagram, like it was so much easier to grow following or so much easier to monetize it. Like it was like mind bendingly easy compared.
Speaker 4: To that, it was so okay. So we were doing that and it was growing at a pretty fast rate, right, and then we actually even paid for a shout out the shoutout page. The shoutout page is too so we paid for a shoutout that helped us, Like we paid for it was a shoutout page, like eight hundred thousand. They shouted us out and they off that shot out. We got like two thousand followers. Yeah yeah, and it's crazy, Oh for sure, Yeah, it's crazy. So phone stopped working turn off after like a couple of months. Like like I said, we got up to around twelve thousand followers. Now this is this is a cautionary tale though.
Speaker 3: This episode of Earnier Liasua is brought to you by First Republic Bank.
Speaker 2: The world is changing and your needs are evolving.
Speaker 3: As your focus turns to what matters most to you and your community. First Republic remains committed to often personalized financial solutions that fit.
Speaker 2: Your daily needs.
Speaker 3: From day one, you'll be connected with a dedicated banker who will serve as your primary point of contact throughout your relationship with the bank. They'll be there to listen to you, understand your values, and meet you on your financial journey. Your banker can offer solutions that support your goals at any stage, from setting up a personal checking account to refinancing household debt to buying a first home. As your needs evolved, you can call or email your banker at any time for support you need. Because First Republic believes that what matters to you matters most. Learn more at first republic dot com. That's First Republic dot Com member fdi C Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 4: So there's way. So that's this is the first experience with meet growing a page US growing a page right. The only thing that we didn't do. That's another thing that you can do is you follow people and then you unfollow this app apps for that also, Now all of those ways work, pay for shoutouts, pay to like other people's pig is paid to an app to follow somebody then unfollow them all though they actually all work, but they're not effective because what happens is that you get followers, but they're ghost followers, right, So what happens is that now they're not engaged. So you have ten thousand followers, but you might be getting fifty lights on your pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you get you have like fifty thousand followers and there's like two comments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not it's not effective. It's a fast way to grow up page, but it's not effective. Right. So learning from that experience, fast forward like five years when I when I was starting my page, I said, I didn't want to do it that way. I want to do it organically. So I did it organically. And so the first thing I did was I talked to Valencia. She was a guest show. Yeah, so val she had a page when she has one hundred and sixty thousand, thousands followers something like that. She was she's mastered social media. So the first thing that she told me was, look what everybody else in your industry is doing, and do the complete opposite. The other way, do the complete opposite. Right, I didn't fully understand her. At first it took me a while, but now I definitely understand it, so, right, A lot of it for me was trial and error. Right, So I was posting. The first thing you have to do is post very consistently on Instagram. That's that's the biggest That's the number one thing I do know. You gotta have content. That's that's the first thing that will knock out ninety percent of the people right away. They're not consistent. It sounds like it's easy, but it's not. It's not. It's not. So that's the first thing you have to do is post content, right. The next thing you have to do is actually figure out what kind of content you're gonna post and how is it different from everything else, and how is it going to be intriguing to the to the audience. Right. So, like for me personally, it took me a while to figure that out because at first I was just making like random selfie videos about finance and stuff like that. But even for me, it was kind of boring and it got some traction, but it was boring. But as I was doing that, I was still growing the page. It wasn't grown a lot, but it was growing, right, It would go from like A thousand, two thousand three, cause I was just putting out constant content.
Speaker 2: You had clips of the classrooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was putting out classrooms when I was teaching financial literacy and stuff like that, and you know, it was it was starting to pick up. But when I when my page really took off, is when I completely rechanged it. So the first thing that Valves told me to do was look on your page and eliminate anything that is unrelated to what you're doing. So she told me that, like your Instagram page, if somebody just looks at it for the first time without reading your bio, they should be able to tell what you actually do. Right, a lot of times people have a lot of random, different things on your Instagram page and you don't know what person does right specialization exactly.
Speaker 3: How to get like white white exactly.
Speaker 4: So that's that's one of the first That's the first thing that I did was I eliminated all of the things on my Instagram page that wasn't really related to what I wanted the public to see in that regards, right. The next thing I did was I started to dig deeper and offer are more value than almost anybody else I would see it on Instagram. So I found my niche in sports and entertainment, but the financial backstories on it, right. So what I would do is I would research articles about different you know, topics, trending topics, and I would write. I became like kind of a journalist, right, Like I would write like in depth, three paragraph write ups on it. And people really found that intriguing.
Speaker 3: Right, They're not to cut you off, but like that was the part. I was like, wait, they didn't know these stories. I'm like, you saw that post.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, they didn't know. And when we saw the feedback, it was.
Speaker 6: Like it was probably just your conversation and you're just like, oh, this is what we know.
Speaker 3: And and then some of them he posted, I'm like, wait, I didn't know that right, right now you.
Speaker 4: Got something yeah. So that and then I also fixed so I'm learning as I'm going, right, So I said, okay, I found a nice niche with this. Then I also figured out that people like headlines, right, So I kind of mastered the clickbait thing, right, So in all my articles that I was writing, I use the app where I actually put the caption on it. So the caption is very important. Right this. I can't stress this enough. The caption is extremely important because that's what's going to get people's attention. Right, So I'll see an article. Now you have to be creative with this. You can't. I can't tell somebody how to actually make a caption that's going to get people interested. But you have to think, right, use your brain short, you don't. People don't like to read. This is something that is extremely important. People don't like to read. So the least amount of words that you can use the better, even with write ups, right. This is something that Valve taught me. Also, at first, I was writing very long write ups. Anything more than three paragraphs, in my opinion, is too long. Even three paragraphs might be too long, but it might not be as long as it's intriguing. The key is to make it very detailed in a short amount of time. This is why the Instagram sixty second videos are perfect, because they say the average person's attention stand is like ten seconds or something. You lose people's attention very quickly. Right. So as I'm doing that, I figure I figured out how to capture people's attention by writing about sports entertainment. I use sports and entertainment because it's like a trojan horse, right. I know that people are interested in sports and entertainment pop culture more than anything else. So if I'm a regular finance guy, I could talk about finance. I know that ninety percent of people don't care about that. But if I can talk about Alan Iverson and then talk about taxes, or if I could talk about Lebron Jain is entire and with entrepreneurship, nine times out at tend people are more likely to click on that or watch that video as opposed.
Speaker 2: To something else built in, like the medicines in the candy exactly, saying I mean that's.
Speaker 5: Just the way any of it works.
Speaker 6: You know, you gotta in order to give them what they need, you kind to kind of give them what they want.
Speaker 4: It works, yeah, exactly. And sports entertainment come naturally for me because those are two things that I like, we argue about that that I love doing that. I'm doing that my whole life, right, So that's why I use sports entertainment. So I say that to say, as far as somebody going to Instagram page, you have to think outside the box. It's a finance page. But I use sports and entertainment, which are directly related to finance, but.
Speaker 3: It can be definitely is. I mean it's a sports business, so exactly definitely is.
Speaker 4: So another thing with that is now you have to figure out timing to post. Timing of post is very important. I see people posting at one o'clock in the morning. You have to figure out the top times to post. So me personally, my schedule usually on average is like eleven o'clock in New York Easter. To stay in the time eleven o'clock in the morning, I'll have a post, maybe like a write up right or like a picture or something like that. One I'll stretch it out three I'll do three hours right, so maybe like around one two o'clock midday, I'll post something else. I usually try to post videos at like five six after people get off of work, because what I find is that a lot of times people work, it's hard for them to listen to videos while they're actually working. So I don't usually try to post videos. Sometimes I do, but most of the times I don't post videos during the daytime. I post videos at night. Not too late at night, though, like right when people get off six o'clock is prime time six seven o'clock Eastern Standard time's prime time and post videos. That's just what works for me. Everybody's different, that's what it works for me. Everything well calculated, No, you have to be extremely calculated. Also as far as the Instagram, you gotta treat Instagram like a job. So my sleeping pattern has been off for the last two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is yeah.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, it's a fact. No, it's a fact. I haven't had normal sleeping in two years.
Speaker 2: I told you that, man. Yeah, Like no, let me tell you. I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: So, like most people don't see this, man, but like the earner leisure like really is a testament to what you're doing. So like I know, like you're up till three in the morning most nights. Like this guy doesn't sleep, like legit does not sleep, is up all day works.
Speaker 2: So sometimes like we'll be talking.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yo, like wake up, man, Like right, he's either here like super dedicated here or he's like typing up things like and we could be doing anything, like we could be having a conversation or we could be at dinner and he's constantly doing it. So like my thing was like I'm watching him grow and this is a testament too that people should learn. Like I want to see my brother win. I want to see him win one hundred percent. So it's like, how can I make this a little bit easier for him? So I was like, you know what, you don't have to search anymore, right anything I find I'm sitting, We're gonna get the page right right, know what I'm just saying, like the testament to what he's doing. Like legit, Like his mom came out to me and was like, yo, listen, Troy, he got to get some sleep. I'm like, yeah, I don't know if he knows how to anymore.
Speaker 5: If someone isn't concerned a little bit, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, said, I don't know if he knows anymore, right right, legit?
Speaker 4: Like because like I always say, when you really scrambling, no, there's no work hours. That's the difference. See people talk about being an entrepreneur and having their own business and really, but you got to understand the average person. We're trained for a schedule. As she means, we go to we start school, and from kindergarten to college, we have a schedule, uh, like eight o'clock in the morning to like three o'clock in the afternoon. Even if you're in college, it's still kind of some schedule that you have to go through for classes, and then when you get a job, it's either nine to five, ten to six. Those are like usual hours jobs. So that's what we're trained to think.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Bringly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 2: Erners. What's up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what.
Speaker 2: Matters most ready.
Speaker 3: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 4: Leave now.
Speaker 7: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: It's very different when you wake up at any time you want, you go to sleep anytime you want, and then you figure out the day as you go right. You have to have a different type of mind to do that right. But if you an entrepreneur, that's what it really is. So for me, there's no workouts. So I have the financial planning business I do during the day, the Instagram social media I do during the day, but also I do a lot of that at night, so I work bad at night. So what I do is that from like eleven o'clock, From like eleven o'clock to like three o'clock in the morning, that's when I'll work, you know what I mean. So I'll research stuff. Then I'll have all my posts ready for the next day. It's like mail prep right to have it ready. So now okay, I have three posts already planned for the next day, So now we have two pages. Now I gotta have six posts planned for the next day that I know. I'm a post eleven, three and six right right. But then also with that you have to learn. So I've seen a video with Nipsey Hustle before when he talked about in the early stages, he was his own engineer. He learned every part of the process. That's that's the same thing with me. I learned every part of the process. As far as how to make a post, it's not that easy. So there's different apps that I learned how to use. So the first thing I learned how to do was edit videos. So there's app called Splice. So when you see a video, it's like if you watch a movie right in sixty seconds for like the podcast, and we put clips on Instagram. That sixty second clip might be from a three minute video. I got to cut out the dead spaces. So a dead space is like this, like if I'm talking and then it's like five seconds of that that that five seconds means a lot for Instagram posts, right, so you got to cut that out. Or if I'm making a good point and then I just talked about some nonsense for a minute, but then I make another good point. Now I got to cut out that one minute.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So and I learned how to do just buy myself. I just it's not hard. But that's the app Swice. Also another app that I use is vint Viant is the app that I put the captions on the videos. Yeah, so that's that's the app called Vaught. Sometimes you want to speed up a video, so video Speeder is a is an app that I use to speed up videos. Right, It's like you can have like a a video might be a minute in ten seconds, but you want to make it a minute. You speed it up so it actually fits in a minute. That's another that's another useful app as well. Then there's another app called Perfect Video. Perfect Video allows you to add music and then it does some other stuff, right, So I say that to say that learning about apps, and this is why this conversation is valuable. Leading into apps is extremely important because you literally when we're in the day and age now where you can make you can teach yourself how to make a movie if you really, if you really are dedicated facts, dedicated enough facts, you don't have to pay anybody do anything.
Speaker 5: University of YouTube is just what it is.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'll tell you flat out, you know, because everything I'm gonna need about all of those because everything I do, I mean, I handle all the social media and everything and all the content for quick Track, and I mean I just I'm Premiere Pro and I just do everything through there.
Speaker 5: But like I mean, I have.
Speaker 6: People who have gone to you know, l a Academy of Film and have been like how do you do that?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, I just YouTube this and.
Speaker 4: Like what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Like everything that everything that the like there.
Speaker 5: Is you know.
Speaker 6: To My thing is, especially with creating any content, you just have to be able to formulate the question you want answered, because there's an app for that.
Speaker 4: When I say there's a that there really isn't. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a fact. All right, guys, So a lot of people asks us how do they make a podcast? So I'm let you on a secret on the easiest, most productive way to start a podcast and get it up and running, and that is the app called Anchor is free. They have all kind of cool creation tools that allow you to record and edit your podcast right from your phone or computer. They will distribute your podcast for you to all of the major outlets including Spotify, Apple, Google, many more, and you can make money from your podcast with no minimum listenership. It's everything you need to make a podcast in one simple, easy place. So if you're interested in starting a podcast, go download the free Anchor app or go to anchor dot fm to get started. Let's do it. Now we got to the content. Content. I can't stress this enough. One of the big mistakes that people make on social media is that they think quality is more important than content. It's not true. Content is more important in quality right. What I mean mean by that is that you see a lot of people in their videos is it looks like Steven Spielberg music behind it and don't but they're not talking about anything right. Our videos shot on the iPhone with a five ninety nine app that I used to write the caption on it. It's not the best quality. Hopefully we will, we will improve our quality.
Speaker 2: That's good too, though, because like the our audience gets to see us grow.
Speaker 6: The thing about that is as well as you know, some wise people once told me this, but once you invest in upping your quality, you can never reverse. You know, you can never go back to just getting off the iPhone and going to work.
Speaker 5: So you want to stay in there as long as you possibly can.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, that's true. And then also people care more about content that The example I always use is Bobby's murder. Right, that video was shot on an iPhone. Right, It was a catchy dance. He threw his hat in the air and that it came back down.
Speaker 5: I literally landed working looked up.
Speaker 4: It never came back down. It was a good beat and just a good song, and it caught wildfire.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even his, by the way, fun fact.
Speaker 4: It was, But I say that to say he didn't spend a million dollars on his video fire exactly. The people want what's authentic, they want what's real, and they want content. Content is more important. That's why I want to tell people all the time, like content content, It doesn't cost anything to pull your iPhone out and just start recording, right, You're gonna figure it out as you go. But if you if you're waiting to like have the perfect lighting, have the perfect budget, you're always gonna be waiting because it's never nothing is ever going to be perfect.
Speaker 2: Right, we find it, I mean, we know that it's part of the game, it's.
Speaker 4: Part of the content. Content is king, and you have to figure out content for yourself because nobody can tell you what kind of content you're gonna make, right, It got to be something that is unique and solely you. Right because even with me, Like so when I started doing videos and then I started doing Here's how like, I didn't see anybody else doing Here's how. Nobody Here's how like? It would be like how to make a million dollars Here's how. You're on Instagram right now you see a bunch of here's how video. But that's that's dope though, because that's saying that people find value in it.
Speaker 2: Right at first, it was like yo, but I was like yo, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: The impact with with how connected we all are, you haven't done anything until something on copy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the thing about it is that because I even see seeing in doing it, I saw seeing.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, that that would make me know, I'll be a little tight.
Speaker 4: But the thing about it is that they can never duplicate your brain, so it's nothing for me to come up with a new idea at all. So that's why it's like it's not even because things move so quick on the internet anyway, right, So that's another thing too. You have to be you can never stay stagnant, and you have to stay up up to speak. So like now I'm noticing that Instagram TV is getting more views than Instagram videos. I think Instagram is doing that on purpose. So Instagram, this is something. This, This is not a conspiracy theory. Instagram has an algorithm, right, and they change their algorithm regularly. They change their algorithm regularly. And they also they they have all kinds of tricks in place to monitor and to restrict your growth if they feel.
Speaker 5: They want, you have to pay Zuckerberg. It's the way it is. That's how they that's how they want.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're not hip to it, if you don't actually strategize and go through it and kind of jump through the hoop. If you try to play the same game too long, they'll be like, all right, sick.
Speaker 5: You know, Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 4: Says, happened to me. They shadow band me twice. So if anybody is not familiar with shadow band, shadow band is when they limit the reach of your post without you actually knowing that they limit the reach of your post. So what happens is that hashtags. Hashtags is also another great way to grow your following. Hashtags does work. They do work, but you have to be careful with hashtags, right because with hashtags, So what I was doing before is that it was like copy and paste, Like I think you're allowed to put thirty hashtags on a post, right, but I will copy and paste and put it in the caption because that way nobody can see it. It's kind of tacky to me to put it in your post, right, But it works. You can see the analytics on it and be like half of the people reached was reached through hashtags, right. But what happened is that if you use the same group of hashtags like copy and past, copy and paste, what happens is that now it alerts Instagram and they look at your account they flag your account, right, so now they look at it like it might be spam. They shadow band. The first time I got shadow band, I didn't know what was going on. I just my post just dropped dramatically as far as engagement. How I learned I got shadowed. How I knew I got shadow band is that so I put a hashtag like one ha, hashtag like earn a Lesia on a post and then I searched that hashtag and my post wasn't on there. So that means that they like they took the hashtag is on there, but it's not showing public right right. And then I googled what that meant, and then I found out that that shadow band shadow band works. It's fourteen days to the exact moment. This is true because I tested it twice. It can't happened to me twice. Fourteen days to the exact moments. And now I don't even use at all. Yeah, hashtags are.
Speaker 6: Dead and that like that's a huge component. They're not dead, but it's it's you gotta mind your you know, you gotta kind of be mindful of.
Speaker 4: You gotta gotta you gotta be very careful with hashtag that's extremely important. Like I said, it's a great way to grow, but if you're using the same hashtags, you will get shadow. So another thing I want to talk about is that a lot of times people are right, you're going into Instagram to monetize, Right, It's important to know the numbers of monetization and what you're looking to do. So what I mean by that is that sometimes a page can have I'll give you an example. So I know a Instagram model bartender type she has like, let's say millions of followers, right, Like, let's say three million followers. I know somebody else who is just the regular person who has one hundred and fifty thousand followers, right, the one hundred The person who has one hundred and fifty thousand followers I know for a fact, is making more money on Instagram than the three million dollar bartender. The reason why is that the three million follower bartender is limited in the post that she can monetize. Right. It's like, how many companies are going to pay a bartender the post You're limited to lingerie, tummy t's waistbands. Yeah, maybe fashion over if you're lucky, right.
Speaker 2: A very high get to it, get to it.
Speaker 4: So now you have you have three million followers, but it's hard to monetize that, where the person with one hundred and twenty followers is a clean page. So now they have major corporations, Macy's, Calvin Klein, all kinds of stuff like that that are paying. Their budget is way higher. Oh for thousands of dollars yea thousand dollars for one Instagram post, right, So that's something to keep in mind too because also on YouTube, a YouTube channel, a financial YouTube channel like ours, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube. A financial YouTube channel could have let's say ten thousand follow ten thousand subscribers. That's more valuable than maybe even one hundred thousand followers to a page that's cursing, that has all kinds of stuff, right, because they're not going to get ads. YouTube is very restrictive of who they give ads to they watch it. Even with our posts. We had we had one video with Al Harrington when we talked about the cannabis industry. We didn't get ads on that video because of this cannabis the.
Speaker 2: Fact that the title had marijuana and it was enough they.
Speaker 4: Know for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, that's one of those examples where we're learning as we.
Speaker 6: Got it, so let's move fast and break things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so when you look at monetizing, so when I what I mean by that is that when you look to grow a page to monetize it, it's not always all about followers. It's about the content that you're putting out and the quality of you know, your post and what you're doing. And also engagement is very important as well. So don't always get caught up in numbers because your smaller amount of numbers can actually be very valuable if a you have strong engagement and b you have clean content or content that can be valuable to people that want to use your page as a for advertisement. And also also I will stress the fact that you have to you have to think about long term game. Right. So what I mean by that is that people get in and that they want to make money in Instagram right away, It's obvious they get like three hundred followers and they start trying to promote a seminar or come to my you know online course. It's like, no, you don't have you don't even have a big enough platform, right, you gotta give out samples first, you gotta give out sample first, right, So it might take a year or two years of giving out free information, free tost. You're growing your following, now you can offer a paid product. It doesn't make sense to try to offer a paid product before you you've even established credibility. I see that all the time, though. People are so thirsty for business. As soon as they get on Instagram. Two weeks later, I see them promoting paid events. Those are never gonna work. It's never gonna work. You have to grow your following and then you get money on the back end. The back end is always more lucrative than the front. And I can't stress that enough. People need patience. It doesn't happen overnight. Patience is very key, extremely key. And the last thing, the last thing that I'll talk about with the Instagram growth is that we talked about the long game. But also I cannot stress this enough either. You have to put in work. It sounds very sounds very easy, it's not. Social media is like any other job campaign that you're running. It takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. You have to sit down, figure out a strategy, figure out what works for you. Because everybody's different, right, you have to commit time into doing that. If you're not willing to commit time, maybe it's not for you. And that's fine, Like I said, you don't. Everybody doesn't have to grow a social media paine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got that was like a comment like somebody put in the comments when we was shouting out Mike, we shout out mic and it was like, well, if he has fifteen hundred, you have eight thousand, why then he do it for himself.
Speaker 2: And that was one of the things. It's just like, we don't.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to grow as past, right, We'd rather like if and our team is just like, yo, if the shot has this thing going, like, let's.
Speaker 4: Just support them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what you know, the funny thing is, And to piggyback off that point that I always think it's interesting because I've always really thought about like the disconnect between people who want to grow their social media following and actually doing it. And I think it's funny because just because it's in an app they're looking for, you know, apps are mostly here to you know, automate to make things go faster in your life. So they think like, oh, if I want to do this, there should be a way to also automate that process. But that's not the case, you know, it's it's not they don't really don't give it the proper respect of like, yeah, that dude, who got you know, even a fifty thousand you know, sweat equity when into that.
Speaker 4: And also too, it's so a lot of times so like earn a Lesia, Right, So it took me two years to grow my personal page from five hundred thousand followers to right now I'm at eighty. But like let's say, in January, I was at fifty thousand, So it took me two years to grow my personal page from zero pretty much to fifty. Earn Alesia I started because I run the early Leisia page. I started earning Lesion in January. It took me six months to scale earn a Lesia from zero to seventy thousand. The reason being it's a lot easier to scale a page when you already have another page. Right. That's something that people don't realize enough either. Even with starting a podcast. People try to start a podcast with one hundred followers, you don't have an audience. What are you who's gonna list all leverage? It's all about it's easier to scale. It's easy to scale a page from another page. It's also easier to scale a brand as opposed to a person. People are more likely to follow a brand page than they are a personal page. And your leasure is growing faster at a faster rate than my own personal page. People are more likely. It's just human nature. I don't know why. People are more likely to follow something that doesn't directly attached to one person as they are to a one person's personal page.
Speaker 2: And that of the point.
Speaker 3: It's like, your leader has seventy thousand, right, I think I might have just cracked a thousand.
Speaker 2: But I'm like that's fine, right, Like I'm still fine. Like there's there's no social equity that comes with that. For me, it's like, rather build.
Speaker 3: The brand, let shot build his personal brand and just add value to what we're doing already.
Speaker 6: Well, people want to be a part of something, right right right, you know, you know, like you're you're buying into it, Like I said to piggyback off you if yours, If it's one person, they might like that one person, but they're trying to buy into something bigger than that.
Speaker 5: Earn your leisure is so much bigger. It's called the t shirts. It's so much bigger than just like, oh that's a good post.
Speaker 4: You just exactly that and that, and that's fine. Yeah, because your lesia grows, I grow also he grows. And also that The last comment I'm gonna make on that is the TeamWorks. As I said, I run the Early Leasia page as far as putting a post, but I have help so Troy. How the formerly that we have for early Legia is that Troy sends twenty four hours the Troy sends me articles in the morning, different financial articles. Then I review the list of articles that he sends me and I kind of pick which ones would be good for earn lesion. I post it and then I do like a short write up of it, so now I don't have to look for articles. Troy does that, he sends it to me, and then I do what I do. So he's doing what he does best. I'm doing what I do best, and we work together as a team. It's as opposed to him trying to post. That's true thing, you know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna tell you, like the first two weeks, like I was like finding posts and i'd be up at like five thirty, Like I told people, like I'm up at five thirty. I know he's going to sleep ft three, I'm making up at five thirty. And I would try to write these things, and I'm like, you know what, he's massive this, Like why I don't have to reinvent this, Like I'm gonna let him be great. I'm gonna take some of the load over him. Like I'll just send him everything I find.
Speaker 5: That's just a team.
Speaker 6: Where a good team is it's not hey, I need you to learn this, it's you're really good at this, So we're gonna exactly down on what you do.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are in trouble doing this. Like way he's getting all the shinne he's getting all the shine.
Speaker 4: He's eighty that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, looking, that's my real brother. Like if you see him, then you see me. That's what's how I'm feeling. And it takes a lot of maturity and it takes humility to like get to that point where it's like, you know what, we're all winning.
Speaker 2: If he wins, we're all winning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But like a lot of times in our community, we don't work together and we can't do that it's like, wait, he's shining.
Speaker 2: Nah, I gotta shine too, Like, nah, he shines all shining.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that is my Instagram Growth to Tories step by step booklet for you to get I G on tech. And also one last thing, engagement is extremely important and everything. Try to try to engage with your followers as much as possible. Instagram lives is extremely valuable. That's a good way to establish engagement. And then also comments. Just reply to as many comments as you possibly can't reply to me and dms as you possibly can't, especially in the early stages because now like for us it's hard to respond dms because we get so many. But in the early stages when you don't have a lot, take your time, respond to dms every single respond to comments because a it helps your engagement, especially the comments, and then also it's just it shows the people that you're actually.
Speaker 2: Your care Yeah, and there's a face to it.
Speaker 4: I cannot I cannot understate that, overstate that enough. Like you have to have to engage and build a community. It's not it's not just like you. It has to be a community. So yeah, can we do one thing? Can we do it? Like when you started your page right like after the.
Speaker 2: L A trip.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know if you we spoke about this before, but there was a there was like a movie that we put together for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. It was the original hashtag and aalsia. Can we can we put that out this week?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna thank me later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it should come out.
Speaker 2: It's great, that's great.
Speaker 4: What he's referring to is dad. So yeah, we had, like I said, I tried everything. So when I first started the social media campaign, I have Mike. We filmed like a mini movie and we had like too two models and it was like a day in the life. And I was like waking up my first screenplay, like reading The Wall Street Journey working out. It's like it was like traveling like through me throughout the course.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite thing already.
Speaker 3: Know I'm trying to tell you this idea we were like working out.
Speaker 2: He was like, we like literally wrote this. It was great and we wrote it out screen see it.
Speaker 4: And you know what, And I realized that we're gonna promote it on Instagram. And I realized before I never put it out, and I'm like, this is corny.
Speaker 6: Like it didn't pass your test.
Speaker 4: This is a little weird. This isn't Yeah, this isn't what I want to do, right. I want it to be more substance than just me paying models to just run around with me. And you know what I'm saying, like, it's not right. That's important, but no, that's important. But I'm just saying that's important as far as substance. You don't have restance. You don't have substance. Yeah, you gotta have something.
Speaker 2: So they're not gonna get it.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's it's out there now. I don't know. I mean people maybe string it out for as long as you.
Speaker 4: Can drop it. One day, shout.
Speaker 5: Out by the merch they're gonna do a packet.
Speaker 8: You're gonna get a DVD with this. Yeah, shout shout out to the crew. And I put that to the other boy. All right, so now we're going to go into into the app world. We're going to give some money. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Talk about it in.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally your you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.