Speaker 1: So this is rewives. I have never ever had a housewife on rewives. That's not what the show is. Paul initially suggested that I do a rewatch show and that it would be sort of more housewife central, and I decided to invite notable, famous and interesting business people and celebrities to talk to break down housewives episodes and sort of attribute it to real life.
Speaker 2: And it's done really well.
Speaker 1: But I made an exception today and so it was never about having housewives, So today I made an exception to that rule. And my guest today is Jill Zarin. So welcome to rewives.
Speaker 2: So happy to be here. And I love being the first.
Speaker 1: Thank you, the first, possibly the only we shall see, but definitely the first.
Speaker 2: And I'm really glad it.
Speaker 1: Is you because there have been different things that I've thought about, but it just didn't make sense, and this completely clicked. It was an amazing idea. It was Paul's idea. This was really the idea. Just the idea wasn't that we would have a reunion and talk about it everywhere else and make it a shoot. It was just he thought that we should break down the show on this show. He doesn't know all the context about us in details, so he doesn't realize that, like, we couldn't just get in here and start talking about them without talking about us. So on, you know, just be we reunite, and now we're talking about the new show. So you just told me that it's season fourteen.
Speaker 3: It's season okay. So I guess everybody who listens to the show knows the show knows what you know knows about real housewives. And it went through kind of a metamorphosis because it had a bad.
Speaker 2: Season and realized a New York season.
Speaker 3: Instead of which a lot of people that let it breathe, give it a year, give it a year and a half, come back, maybe cast a few new people, they just completely decimated it and decided to break it off into two and that they would completely get rid of everybody on the cast and hire a new cast. What I I'm confused about is if they were going to do that, why not call it season one, fresh and new.
Speaker 2: You know, Gary was coming up with some names.
Speaker 3: That it could have been, but not real houses in New York City, which everybody knows what it is, who's on it, and without having a transfer of power, you know, at least having them come on a few at a time, and you know, transitioning to just start clean and call it season fourteen, is call.
Speaker 2: It something else. I'm saying it something else because it's either way. I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: It's like, you're, well, it's funny because you before we were talking, you'll bring up your whole Rainbow room and the current the Ramona and the original cast not being at the premiere, and we'll get into that. But it's like you're kind of dancing with two different people at the same time, like you either get.
Speaker 2: Out or get in. Like they're sort.
Speaker 1: Of calling it season fourteen, as you pointed out to me, And so they're keeping the franchise name because they want the brand of the name.
Speaker 3: Was when you sell the show and things like that, you get to carry you get that X. So if you're a fan of the Housewives of New York and you're going to start with episode one, two, three, four, you're going to crawl and grab fourteen and grab this new cast so they get that kind of bonus. Otherwise you'd have to go you're talking about Okay, so if it was season one of a new show, then somebody watching television would have to find the show and want to watch it and watch the episode I'm saying, but they were saying they're picking up season fourteen, So anybody who's watching ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 2: Third, you're just saying they have a fan base. It's a brand.
Speaker 3: It's bringing a fan base that I feel wasn't appreciated by how it was introduced at the Rainbow Room, which is what you're just meaning.
Speaker 1: Well, you're saying that they're bringing what I'm saying, they're doing two things. They refreshed it completely with a new type of cast. They didn't refresh the name. They didn't invite the previous cast to the rain Room. But I think it started with the announcement. I was on Andy Cohen's show, and he had publicly said he was shocked that I was doing Rewives because I had trashed the show so much so to be doing a podcast about it. But it doesn't matter if I trashed the show or didn't, which I didn't trash it. I just said I didn't want to be there.
Speaker 2: I still have a.
Speaker 1: Right to talk about something that I was involved in. So I have a show. A monkey could do a show about the housewives. Did they want to talk about it. So certainly Bethany Frankel canna have a show talking about the housewife. So there was a shade from Andy. And then I was on his show and he was like, well, and also, you know, you criticize the announcement. And I did criticize the announcement because I thought, from a marketing perspective, on one day to say, over here on the left, everybody, look over here, we're gonna do a show with legacy, But we have no fucking idea who's gonna be on it.
Speaker 2: We're not going to tell you that.
Speaker 1: Now. We're just telling you we're gonna do a legacy placehold there one day. Okay, we're putting a little thumbtack over here with no information because we ourselves don't know the information because we haven't cast it. Over here, everybody on the right, we're gonna tell you another story. We're doing a completely new cast. You didn't know which way to look, You didn't understand what was happening. And I think it was like it just was a box job. It was like you didn't understand and there was no good meat. It was just so they had to say something. Something had to be saying Okay, So that was my opinion though I was boring. I don't understand what you just said. You said nothing. It's like, no, there's no meat. Who's the new cast, who's the legacy?
Speaker 2: Like it was just like weird. I thought, I'm not going to disagree. Okay, So that was how I was coming in. Then we find it that there's a whole new cast with a whole new, refreshed show, and I like you think, okay, new Blood in New York has a new, good idea.
Speaker 3: By the way, some of the girls were where you were when you started, right, not married, starting out like you told me.
Speaker 1: See, like you're not in the demo like we're were in my fifth I'm in my fifties.
Speaker 2: I was in my thirties. I was one of the younger ones. We're not in the demo. I agree with you. Yeah, it's okay. I agree.
Speaker 1: Go enjoy, have a new show and call it whatever you want, call it housewise. So you're saying I did not know this that the existing the previous New York Housewives were not invited to the premiere party.
Speaker 3: So I read, I mean there was a big premiere party. Listen, I'm not gonna lie season one and you know this. Okay, of course, there was no much for anything. Okay, I paid for I think some of them. Maybe we all paid five hundred dollars eas, I don't know, whatever it was. I remember hustling to try to get a free club, hustling together.
Speaker 2: Remembers hustle, hustle, hustle because.
Speaker 3: Nobody wanted to pay for it at the net parties, and I never wanted any party, I know.
Speaker 2: But I've got some cute pictures of you.
Speaker 3: I can give you those later too, I think, by the way, I think I was the documentary and of the show. I have all the pictures, I believe, and I have not you know, hoard them out. I kept it on the first show?
Speaker 2: What did you wear? What did I wear?
Speaker 3: On the first Ali wore a red dress, like a little proof dress.
Speaker 2: I wore. I remember, do you know what I was wearing? Because I had a rainbow dress with that mask.
Speaker 3: You were wearing black with silver at the premier party. Okay, fabulous, Okay, I'm going to send you anyway. So my point is I felt a little bit envious because I felt that when I was to mind you.
Speaker 2: It was season one, season two, seas before.
Speaker 3: We never really got support from the network with production company as far as having a premier party. I think one year we had a big one, that's true, at the Palace, I remember that.
Speaker 2: But other than that, it was kind of like there was a botch job.
Speaker 3: It was, but nobody can'd and it was up to the cast to do it or to so shy. Well, you were there longer than I was, and so I went to very few being a disaster. So so now season one of the show, they are getting a huge paid party at the Rainbow Room, flying in all these stars, all these executives, everybody, and listen.
Speaker 2: I don't expect to be invited to anything. I'm not on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm not part of the cast, but I'm not gonna lie and I'm not best friends with everybody on the cast of House Ies of New York.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for them. I thought they got dissed.
Speaker 3: I thought that for all the years and and and time and energy and money and everything and their heart and soul into a show that they were fired from, they should I think they should have been invited, you know, if they didn't want to go, but I think they should have been invited and I just think it makes it look.
Speaker 1: Bad because you're always coming from like the heart side of it, and I'm coming from the business side.
Speaker 2: Of the marketing of a head.
Speaker 1: It's a botch job, Like you're not going to get more more juice out of the apple by having the previous ones handed over, more pictures, more impressions, more posts, more house and.
Speaker 3: They would have gone, even though maybe they shouldn't have gone, they probably would have gone. Yeah, and it's supportive. I mean, the truth is, like the network watch all.
Speaker 2: There aren't done one hundred, have twenty New York Housewives come.
Speaker 3: They could have had a reunion of all of them passing the baton, which, by the way, I was very good.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of it. I didn't care, but I like Gary flattered.
Speaker 3: And maybe it wasn't done on purpose, but I'll give you know credit that it was done on purpose. That Andy invited me to Bravo Khan on stage the night that they were introducing Will Housewives the new cast for the first time, I felt I was deliberately invited because I am the one who's got the heart with the big smile, and you know, it's funny. Last night on Andy's show, Brynn the young the bethanis right, the young one, she said, let's go.
Speaker 1: I hope the one with the tag showing in her dress Israeli is the Bethany.
Speaker 3: I just mean, I just mean the young Okay, young hot. I think of young and hot. So take it as a goment prob.
Speaker 1: She says, epectfully. She's a beautiful girl. I was going to get into all you can tell anything. I'm just saying I took it. I give her a compliment, to give to you a compliment. And she said to Andy that the first person that you know who gave her any whatever was me and that and I didn't remember this. She says that when she was scared going out on the stage, she looked to me and I gave her a big smile and that and that gave her like and I'm glad I did that because that's what I want to do. And and you know, and Andy said, so, who have you heard from? Like who was the first person you heard from? And you know whatever?
Speaker 3: And they all will like Jill's aron, and you know, Andy wanted to say something nasty like Caddie to me, like of course it was Jill and I know he wanted to.
Speaker 2: Say it, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: He yelled his tongue because I don't do it because I get anything for it.
Speaker 2: I do it because that's really me. Do you not know me?
Speaker 3: It's fourteen years and you like a little action. But I wasn't doing it to get pressed like I did it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you did it tog five.
Speaker 3: Months ago when they first got cast and said, if you ever need anything, he has my number.
Speaker 2: If you're scared, you did it to a press. I think you like you like being in the mix a little.
Speaker 3: I literally did it because I'm like Mama bear, and I feel like they're there.
Speaker 2: I wish somebody helped me.
Speaker 3: I wish when I went on TV the first time, somebody said to me, if this happens, don't be frightened.
Speaker 2: It happens to all of us. Like to give me some security.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're such a bad And Jenna Lyons asked a mutual friend if she could talk to me, and so did Kathy Hilton. And I want no part of it because it always comes back to bite you in the ass. I stay far away at all, play your own game, live your own life. Because they they and then, of course Kathy later said Bethany. Bethany said, talk to Kyle, because I did say talk to it. I don't want I didn't want to. I don't anyway. That's just you're a better person than I am, or not different. I don't want to live it out. You said it perfectly. You said I'm the heart, you're the business. And that doesn't mean you don't have a heart. But that's like the first thing I got in. I just don't want to get involved. And then I gave advice, and then it's impressed for five months about the advice I gave, and it was the right advice.
Speaker 2: I don't I just don't want to be involved. I just don't. I just it's just it's just who I am. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I just don't want someone to say to me, how do I play it? Because I also think it's inauthentic, and we can get to that, because what am I going to tell them the God Handbook to how to play? Because they never want me to just say be yourself. They want me to say, like, how did you do it? As if I have some secret sauce way that I like was so successful at it? And that's the problem, and we're going to get into that. That's what I ultimately mean. The people that are asking me want to know how to like win the game, how to play make money, how to be the game, make money, how to be a how to be a quote unquote good housewise.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means, Bethany. It means like, yeah, how to be six, how to do what I did? Who do you think the most?
Speaker 3: Okay, take you out of it, who's the most Who won the game? Who's winning the game right now?
Speaker 2: In Housewives?
Speaker 1: I think that Kyle Mauricio are doing well because he is a real estate business that has benefited tremendously from the money.
Speaker 2: So what are you talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is there something else winning? No, one's benefited from a spirituality.
Speaker 2: No, That's why I said. So. They all want to know the secret to making money.
Speaker 1: They just want me to help them navigate it. But ultimately, people are doing it because they want to have that kind of success.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, That's why I'm breaking it down, like, and I don't think they're.
Speaker 1: Doing it because I know the Jenna Lines wants to be popular. I mean I think she wants to make money, makes well, yes, and I actually think she looked a little in bearre. We're going to get into it, okay, So so.
Speaker 2: So I like you though, and you know I will mention it all. I like you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like happy for the new people, like whoever they are. And now I know because I watched this episode like you, but like go for yours, go get it, yay new for refreshed whatever. So when I speak about this today, I want to be respectful because they seem like nice girls. One of them did reach out and I don't remember what I said to them, but I think it was on Instagram, and I said, like be yourself or try you know, how can I do like a fortune cookie advice to her? But I actually am rooting for them, like I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I'm too. And what we're going to say today is to me more.
Speaker 1: About the producing and the casting of the show, because it's not about the girls individually. They seem nice, they seem attractive, they seems so funny.
Speaker 3: I said that because I all my comments I said to Gary and to Ali was about production and a lot of the other stuff, not about the girls.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm not going to say something bad about one girl, like they all seemed lovely and they're.
Speaker 3: Going in to get there scared to death. I don't want to beat them up.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not. I have no I literally don't want to. I have no interest.
Speaker 3: But I think some of the shows, some of the cast members are I think that other people are trying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So first of all, walk you know, jealous, back up and walk into it. So we're walking into a new show. And one of the girls did say publicly one of the fatal errors that I think housewives make when they come in is they immediately want to separate themselves, Like I saw it happen with Carol, Like she's different and she worked for ABC News, and she dated George Clooney, and like there's an elevation. It's just an energy of an elevation, almost like I'm better than you from one of those claws and one of those machines at a carnival that pulls out the rubber toys and someone threw you into the house Like oh yeah, I know. And I'm just different these people around here. So everyone wants to show how different. So one of the girls said something about, like we're not flying around and plavate planes and our husbands whatever, and Derinda and then you know, I know you have a history with her, but take the fact Dorinda was like, yeah, none of us serve like flying around at our husband's private planes, like you know, everybody on the Housewives wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It just it just wasn't an accurate statement.
Speaker 1: The new girls acted like they work for their money and like Dorinda was on her back her money, and Durnda was married, but like Drinda works now, and Ramona made her own money, and I was broke and Husky made I made my own money. But I'm just saying it's a doesn't seem like we're all just like you know, yes, leu Anne was married to someone and he left their money and then she made it into something else. It just felt like it was positioned as if like we're different because we really work and you guys were there was that started all saying so that that was one thing, okay that happened before, and I read that, I think it was the same person. The girl's sigh and I'm not sure if that's the one who I reached down to on Instagram. I'm mixing up to of the women, but she's said ahead of time. And I'm not blaming the women for this because they've been watching this show for years. All the show is studying, which is a mistake and it can never be fresh like it was with us. But they're walking in and she said, I borrowed four hundred thousand dollars with the clothes. I didn't, you know, have to pay for one thing to wear. And I just wanted to put on outfits that the audience would like. And it really the end, she said, And we'll get to both, and she said, like something.
Speaker 2: We just want to make a good show.
Speaker 1: And there was something about it to me was that it was like when I came back by actors Now, it was like when I came back and I think about what I was wearing in the first season, what you and I were wearing. I we just wearing whatever we had. We were wearing whatever we had in our closet, and we didn't think about it.
Speaker 3: Stress, do you remember that? Because they told us we couldn't wear the same outfit.
Speaker 2: Twice and said no, we're black, and no break all these rules.
Speaker 3: And they weren't paying for anything, but yet I had were making fifty I was lost so much money.
Speaker 1: But the point is we just wore whatever we had in our closet and we didn't get hair and makeup. I sometimes I went to the Trish McAvoy counter to buy a lip class.
Speaker 2: You know what, They wouldn't cast us today? Well that I've seven a million times. You don't never cast no.
Speaker 1: But so the girls have had so much time to study this medium and come in in a social media world. And when I came back to the Housewives and it was Heather, Kristen and Carol and also no disrespect to them, everybody was in hair and makeup and wardrobe and it was so it was the Berkshire's and I was like wow. And so that to me was the fatal eraror. I used to think Kristen, like, we.
Speaker 2: Are a person out.
Speaker 3: I don't care about your skirt, No, but is it a fatal And I'll tell you why, Beverly Hills. I think the reason why it's the highest rated show or one of the highest rated shows, and I love the show is because I like to see the aspirational. I do like to see the or I like to hate on it, like maybe I'll hate the outfit or she's too over the top. But I watch it and and I do like the houses, and I do like the clothes. And I love Erica Jane with the hair and the makeup because maybe I can't do that, but I see someone else who can do it really well.
Speaker 1: And she started it. But and she started all of this that we're talking about. Credit, No, she started.
Speaker 2: But Beverly Hills is like not a real place to begin with.
Speaker 3: And I know, but that's for who they are looking at. They're not looking at us there.
Speaker 1: But that's what the beauty and the charm of the show in New York was. In my opinion, Beverly Hills was is big, giant, palatial. You could have a seven million dollar house in Beverly Hills and think about what that looks like. A seven million doll I had a seven million dollar house. I joined back, it's an apartment. I know, like you can't compare. So they have that. We had to kind of you know, it's just you have to focus on different things.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying here it felt like.
Speaker 3: We had houses in the Hamptons. I just have to defend it. These girls, I don't think too like houses.
Speaker 1: I think they all have apartments, right, but they were coming in produced.
Speaker 2: It felt forced.
Speaker 1: It felt like every it all felt to me like it was produced. It felt like every single person had gone through like this glossing and this. I think it's the casting, like you.
Speaker 3: Said, it's the casting process. What they're looking for now is not what they looked for when they hired us.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if you can, if you can listen, Erica brings a lot, like it's not just the way she's looking, she brings a lot, and so you've got to be able to back it up. And she came into an already seasoned cast as the one person that was shiny like that. Then Door recopied her Lisa ren a copy. They all copied it because of Erica. But she walked into a seasoned cast. Here's five new shiny hood ornaments. We were all train wrecks. I know, we were all.
Speaker 2: I've run with a fabulous circle of people, the New York magazine and a real social I thought that were like what I was broken a studio park.
Speaker 1: We were all flawed and it's too perfect there, it's forced.
Speaker 3: I just feel like New York Housewives, like you said, was a certain kind of cast and that they should have kept it going, and I even said, maybe make it second generation, if there is a sprinkling new and old, or even second generation. The Alley's the averys if that generation going to to bring, you know, to start to bring them, because they're gonna get married, they're gonna have weddings, they gonna have babies, and then then they all the housewives. And well she's two point oh no, no, but you know what I mean two point oh And that's what is This cast is not the same, and with social media and everything, it's just a different day.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a different show.
Speaker 1: But I think that I think that they're redundant of each other. I think they all seem similar. They're all so fashioned, savvy, and they all they all seem very similar to me in casting, like they've cast the same type of person.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a little hypocritical, But does it bother you that when they let go and I'm so defensive of New York and I shouldn't be. I don't have no reason to be, but I am. When they let go of all the girls, they say that they wanted to cast a diverse cast of friends, real friends, real authentic and they made a point to say real, authentic friends, and then they pick a cast that they don't know each other.
Speaker 1: Because you can't cast like that, it's impossible in New York. But then don't say you are great, you love a little detail, you love that.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I know, I do get into the mud. But the girl so I said, we represent New York. So let's be honest about that.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 1: This is not shady. I think the girls are beautiful. I think they're smart, I think they're entertaining. I think they're good. I do not think that they as a group represent nobody. Nobody represents new Yorker's New York has a million faces. No, but right, but like there's not one mom whose hair looks a wreck. That's just that has money. You're fine, you want to have aspirational they have money. Great, that has money that like my friends who make seven figures a year look like train wrecks half the time. They're trying to get their food, kids to school. Like it just represented a bunch of polished ornaments.
Speaker 3: I just want, I want to make a commentary. And this is maybe I shouldn't say, but I'm going to say it anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, you shouldn't. But here we go at all.
Speaker 3: So the original cast also included a girl named Lizzie oh mcgraby, a nice girl, and for whatever reason it doesn't matter, it fell apart. But they filmed with her in the beginning. I think for a week or two they had to cut out all that. They chose to cut out the footage they could, Yeah, but it's irrelevant.
Speaker 2: Why, Okay, it doesn't matter. Conversation doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: So they could have kept her in and then kind of gotten rid of her, but they chose to like just edit her out. I think this is production. I think they had a problem starting the show from scratch the way they wanted to because they had to edit out everything they filmed with her, so all that was on the garbage. Because I felt last night's episode was like episode three.
Speaker 1: I felt like a couple of flashbacks. I get it, and I just didn't like I wanted to be introduced to them. Maybe it shouldn't taken as long as it did.
Speaker 2: Have a tick on my neck, that's cool? Are you kidding me? There's literally a tick on my neck? Take a picture. Fucking I'm not a Papa Rozza. I just want I just have a tick. I need to because you should have a picture.
Speaker 1: Kiss. I have a tick on my neck, just wondering if anyone cares. I've never had a tick on my body in my life. It's a fucking real tick, Jill, we don't have a hot needle.
Speaker 2: Gary was shooting rewives. What the are you talking?
Speaker 1: Just just get it out, Just get it out.
Speaker 2: Send the picture. What are you gonna do? Make a portrait? I have a tick on my piece of papers to find.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't bite me. It was it was just crawling on me. It wasn't sucking my blood. Oh great, doctor, doctor Garrey. What's Gary's last name?
Speaker 2: Brodie?
Speaker 1: Can I squish it? Why that that's a myth? What's gonna happen to it? It's gonna come back like a transformer? Alright, it's it's all right.
Speaker 2: Back to the show on you were a table. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I reflexed. Okay, how did you feel it? I felt a little crawling, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I wasn't even outside. Somebody make sure it's and we checked the dogs later. Make sure it's not licee. It's right here. No, it's a tick.
Speaker 1: It's a tick, and my friend, I don't even think about ticks, like it's not something I think about. Jesus, all right, it was so tiny, I don't Okay, let's get all right, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: There was an you were right.
Speaker 1: There were like some flashbacks and it felt like you were picking up or something left off and oh we had a party last time.
Speaker 2: You weren't there. We went out that night. You're right.
Speaker 3: There were references to it, and I don't think it's their fault. I think that they had to cut out all this footage with this I understand things are and it wasn't explained anywhere, which as I don't know how they could fix it, Like, I don't think it could be fixable. But I'm noticing as somebody who's like in.
Speaker 2: It just freaking out. I don't have anything on it. I bugs all over me. Guys.
Speaker 1: It's okay, No, there's not thanks, there's for his is not a friends The Real House Ticks, The Real House Ticks of New York. Okay, So I think there was an al Ian Sraeger was on my podcast and he said the word about Studio fifty four and the clubs he used to create in the Delano and he said, there's an alchemy, and I there was an alchemy with this group that was missing. There was ant like the combination of elements that I just wasn't feeling and I can't. It's not describe.
Speaker 2: He saw the show last night.
Speaker 1: No, he's talking about when something hits right with Studio fifty four, the way it felt, and he's saying, you need the one thing you need in a restaurants club. That's heart is an alchemy, it's a combination. Well, that's what we had. And it was an accident because I was an accident. No, because because Ramona didn't want the people from Brooklyn I take them away at once.
Speaker 2: We didn't because she was willing to be the bad guy. It just we didn't.
Speaker 3: She still is, she said, they said last night on the show that she's rude to everybody. She's still route to everybody who was willing to be to everybody willing to be And we were everybody's willing to play that part except for me. We went no, we weren't playing a part. We were just being who we don't know. But I'm just saying, when you put together a thing, you have an antagonist.
Speaker 2: You have this when you yeah, well that's not us. That was in the casting. It's just differentsting.
Speaker 3: So did they cast this right or did they write like alchemy. We don't know, it's just this is this.
Speaker 1: I do not think I agree with what you're saying. I pitched a show to Bravo funnily enough, with an interesting cast on the day. It was bad timing because on the day that I was pitching to Bravo and all the other networks, it was the same day that I was that I announced I was leaving the Housewives. But I had already had to pitch in the deck and I whatever. And it was a show called Power p O w H e R. And it was a bunch about a bunch of powerful women in New York City that all you know, n H e R got it okay, And it looked it looked like it was more like this group.
Speaker 2: You can't like make this group.
Speaker 1: My point, so I agree with you that it should have been it's a different show, this is power.
Speaker 2: But they did it. They had a problem after problem.
Speaker 3: You wanted a wife, but everybody else was married on Housewes in New York when we started.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's gotten. That's not cute anymore. Are they all married? No?
Speaker 1: No, No, right that bothers you know, if you're starting over. I always had a stick up. I feel like, I know people got divorced and you don't find them.
Speaker 3: And I know it ended up that nobody was married, and maybe that knows something about what the show does to marriages. By the way, by the time they had done this, nobody married.
Speaker 2: No, but you make a point.
Speaker 1: I was an outlier and they didn't want me or they wanted they wanted Andy Cohen did not want me.
Speaker 2: Frank Well, we had to sell them hard. No.
Speaker 1: Andy Cohen said no. Jenn O'Connell told me, he said he didn't want me. I had a pre existing life and they didn't want someone not married per se. But they had had Joe years ago. But anyway, No, they didn't want me because of my pre existing life, but they wanted a fifth wife.
Speaker 2: They really they realized it was the best thing that they ever did.
Speaker 1: But if you're scrapping a show, you go back for housewives, it's called I think it bothered me and I also bothered me that every time they cast new housewives they weren't married.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, why do you keep casting people who aren't married? If they get divorced, it's one thing. They stay on the show. They get divorced, it's still life. But if you're going to bring in new people, bring in married people at.
Speaker 2: Least it's also an archaic name.
Speaker 3: The best part of New York with the men, I mean really or the men, the relationships, the divorces, Simon, the Mario.
Speaker 2: Do you know what.
Speaker 3: I think the reason why season four to thirteen failed because it was the pandemic there was, so they had problems filming with other people and all that stuff. They were no men because nobody was married. Nobody had a boyfriend, or if they did, they wouldn't put them on TV. So for whatever reason, nobody would have a man. I think the best part was the Mario, the Simon and the Bobby and even but everybody in Beverly.
Speaker 1: Hill, respectfully, everybody was younger and lighter and Ramon. It was like free and flirty. It's you good to see everybody shitting their bed and taking with days and it's like the gold.
Speaker 3: That's when you get a girl who's married with kids, you get the whole thing, Like the Aaron who's on the new show. She's got a husband and kids and someone I got it. But someone who's single and dating is good too, because she brings stuff.
Speaker 1: But okay, but guess what we could talk about the bugs crawling on my neck. But also I thought it was too much family.
Speaker 2: No, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: I thought it was too much. It was a lot of family early, Like I didn't need to see the whole You have to set the you have to set them up a little. But I didn't need all. It was a lot of like I didn't this enough.
Speaker 2: Isn't that two opinions? I didn't see enough.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see more set up and you want and you said I had enough in two seconds.
Speaker 1: I just know I could see who the people were in a real quick scene. But I didn't need to be at a Shabbat dinner. So soon, let's do just the tip and later we'll fuck. Like I don't need to see the whole family on the first Like, I'm okay, I could see who everybody is. Let's let's let's weave it in. I just that's not the point. Who cares, That's not the most important part to me? I thought I didn't feel bad for the little boy.
Speaker 2: I mean that, Okay, you're you're really in the weak. You care about the little boy who had his hands down his fans.
Speaker 1: I did well take that up with human resources, but I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: You knew what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: It felt yeah, yeah, it felt so. Also there's like, yeah, okay, so it felt to me like Jenna Lyons. First of all, she's an accomplished woman. I had sort of heard of her. I never really I didn't really hear of her until the person who I know said to me, do you want to talk to her?
Speaker 2: She's gonna be in the show.
Speaker 1: I've heard of j Crewe obviously, and it sounds like it was a really big job.
Speaker 2: But the show is setting it up like Lady.
Speaker 1: Gaga has joined the cast of Alex Simon Ramona, and you know, it's like, okay, so everybody's like she's on this like weird different pedestal, and I feel that that's interesting not her fault, but okay, I.
Speaker 3: Definitely put her on every single talk show, like she was on Today's show alone.
Speaker 2: I think she was on tonight. I mean she was on tonight show.
Speaker 3: Alone, like she They really have been using it but I have to tell you, I was very impressed with her last night.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to expect. I did know who she is.
Speaker 3: She's because I was always in the fashion Oh you are right right, and so she was iconic, like she turned that company around, was credited with turning Jake Creue around to be the coolest, hottest.
Speaker 2: She's amazing business right now. You were a major.
Speaker 1: You were that excited by I'm excited. No, you were that excited about us having a countess.
Speaker 2: Real life count You were so excited. I thought a billionaire was rolling in.
Speaker 1: I thought, you know, she reminded you to call missus, Dilli said, But I didn't even know what countess meant. You were so excited. I was like forty years old.
Speaker 2: I knew not no, I know, but I was countess adjacent succeed.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I really liked Jenna last night, and I like that she's the mama bear of the group. She's like sitting back, going, Okay, I'm gonna have to be like the mama bear here.
Speaker 1: I think Carol Radsway would have been good on that cast too. She fits in the group. It's very little tick I think on that door. No it's not it's another type of bug freak. Stop it now we're in the Hampton's. It's not a tick.
Speaker 2: Okay, TikTok okay.
Speaker 1: I thought that she seemed like she's a little horrified, like she's a little embarrassed to be there, and she's been there for business. She thinks it's a good idea, but she doesn't seem like she hangs with this fabulous circle of people.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I agree, But I think that she's happy she did it. She's getting so much. We saw her she was doing what the oscars.
Speaker 2: She was on e comment.
Speaker 1: So she's capitalizing on it and she will handle herself well. Okay, I agree, good friend, and I liked the role that she's taking on.
Speaker 2: She seemed interesting.
Speaker 1: I think so when we all started, we didn't have Ramona had a liquidation business and her husband was selling process and you Bobby had his Aaron Fabric's business, but we all didn't have a business. It felt a little like they cast this show based on what in real House was in New York. Became like everybody now, like Derinda, she has a business because because she'd sells stuff and she does that's because of the Housewives a cafre. So what I'm saying, so they cast this group as a new extension and a refresh based on what they became. We were all nobody and nothing. We just lived in New York and so.
Speaker 2: They didn't get real housewives.
Speaker 3: In other words, they didn't get like what you're saying, that doesn't exist anymore, Like you know, it's like a real housewife like Niki Hilton, not that she would ever do in a million years. She would be the one to cast. Why because she has brands. That's not true. She does have brands, but she lives the life of a social life.
Speaker 2: She really does.
Speaker 1: If they were casting a socialite, I think she'd be good to cast on this show with these people because it's like it's a little out of touch.
Speaker 2: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Alex and Simon was showing their unfinished apartment and raising kids and made a couple of dollars. But like and you were saying, they would never cast that show today because on the housewivesesday, you have to not only you don't have to be rich, you just.
Speaker 2: Have to look rich. Well, you borrow four hundred thousand dollars with the clothes, right exactly, but that's the problem. So I think we're saying I think that's the problem. I think it's focusing more on the frosting and not on the cake. Well we don't know yet. Well the first.
Speaker 1: Episode looks like they're focusing more on the frosting and not on the cake. Let's get into the show, Okay, So now let's talk about Bryn. Brynn is a brand manager living in the West Village. She's the young she's young, she's cute, she's peppy. To me, she felt a little bit like she wanted to get all the lines in, like she had to get the funny line.
Speaker 2: I thought she was the instigator.
Speaker 3: They said at the recap on Watch What Happens Live that everyone pointed to what's her name, sorry to Erin as the troublemak as the as a pot stir. I thought from watching it, it's britt interesting.
Speaker 1: I just thought she was trying to hit her beats of like say a dick joke, say a funny thing, say the thing like the butump bump, but land. The line I felt a little forced. The force was a lot of what I thought. I thought that she was like cute and peppy and like I was, I said to pro see, Yeah, she was cute and I have a brain as a daughter. And I was like, and she seemed nice and she seemed thirty. I liked the woman who was a real estate Erran Erin so Erin is a realtor interior designer living in Tribeca.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't know. I liked her.
Speaker 1: I liked that she had like was into her family. Yeah, and she seemed.
Speaker 2: Very grounded exactly. I liked.
Speaker 1: I liked business exactly. I liked her hustler. You she seems like a hustler. She had her information down about Jenna's apartment. And I liked Jenna, but I didn't get a lot from.
Speaker 2: You know what. I didn't like.
Speaker 3: And this is something that would never I don't like when things would never happen in real life.
Speaker 2: You know what would never happen in real life.
Speaker 3: While sitting around at Jenna's apartment and you and I might have had a little thing, and I say, you know what, you and I have to get up and go in the other room and clear it. I think we did that on the show. I never liked that.
Speaker 2: Well, going in the other room. I can't imagine you ever.
Speaker 3: To be at a party and say, you know what, Joe, come on over, I gotta go clear this with you.
Speaker 2: Maybe go buy the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I didn't have as much a problem with that as I can't imagine someone going at Nannie with the closet going into her closet. I can't imagine someone going into my closet and putting on a piece of clothing.
Speaker 2: I find that to be Jenna was horrified, but she did it with a smile. I think so.
Speaker 1: And I find it, first of all, it's so next level. It's not only going into a closet, but going into a closet of a fashion you're saying icon.
Speaker 3: It's so distressing. I didn't know it was the first time in the apartment. They said it was their first time. I just think, as they've been close friend, sure I would go and I went in your closet tonight, but I was with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But where's that interview by of Jenna being like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: She was just like medic A great question? Where's that?
Speaker 3: I would have been like, because maybe she was, she's not there yet, Like maybe she's not there in the interview, where's that producer getting or there that's a really fun She definitely wanted to go, what the fuck she wanted to say it, that's insane missing, So that was really the way. And then Jessel is the fashion published, living publicist living in Chelsea.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to know her.
Speaker 1: Same same side, the creator, influencer, her marine cut. That's like another thing where with you, you're gonna put this nice relationship your partners, you're love and you put this nice relationship right on the show.
Speaker 2: The Young the God. They be friends in real life, like some of them.
Speaker 3: I think that they would be friends organically, like maybe they hadn't met, but they would be.
Speaker 2: They all seem like the same person.
Speaker 1: They're all like fashionistas in New York, which I don't know that many of those people don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how fashionist. She's a real term. UBA's a model. Well she's a fish, you know she is, I guess. So it's very it's a lot of crossover. Let's get into the restaurant now. I really want to talk about. There was a thing about, Oh my God, did that bother you? The beeping all night bothered me.
Speaker 1: Multiple beliefs is a problem. It's very shoddy. Some he's like not, why don't they just say it?
Speaker 3: Because some people defend it and said it's a good restaurant. Why are they protecting a restaurant? They don't protect anything. It doesn't make any sense that they never protect anybody of the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I thought to myself, I said to me, was catch right? I said catch too? Because you still yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought it was catch And then it tracks because it's like disco dining and hip and whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, Ali took me there.
Speaker 1: I went in Aspen to catch a couple in February with Brint, so I had their do. Bro, how in secure do you have to be by a restaurant.
Speaker 3: If I'm meeting a new cast of a show, which is what they were doing. They were trying to get together to get to know each other. Why would you ever care where you're eating? I think that was for the show or do you think that was real? Do you think they did it in anticipation?
Speaker 1: First of all, I've historically I brought the show to Catch, I think for the first time because I had I know the owners, so we shot there once once the house was a little shoddiness going at the production because once the producers get a restaurant that they can clean.
Speaker 2: That's where they're gonna call.
Speaker 1: They have ten restaurants in their pocket, you know, unless you're like me and Derinda giving them seventy five restaurants with our friends names and forcing things that don't matter go to my friend's restaurants. Stupid things don't matter in the first season. Then later you don't care if you go to fucking hip Right, So catch was what a producer said, just why don't you do it?
Speaker 2: A catch?
Speaker 3: And the girl, the realtor, I didn't film there because you never saw anything.
Speaker 2: Something happened and then they took it off.
Speaker 3: Maybe catch, she said, no, maybe Lizzie was there and they had to cut direct, right.
Speaker 2: Jillie, I know you want to do all these conspiracy things. Not a conspiracy. I'm just saying, that's probably.
Speaker 1: Why this is the show that we have. And on the show that we have, we had a bleeped out.
Speaker 2: Catch and a scene that we never saw.
Speaker 1: And a scene that we never saw. And I do agree with you, why was it taken out? And I'm gonna find but and you're gonna find out, Detective Jill. But what I want to know is and I'm saying about BTS. Producers were probably like, this is a restaurant. We can can clear you know, we can clear it.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: There's a reason now that it's been bleeped out because there's something that's been said that you can't say something bad. Oh, because restaurants that you've signed clearances with, you can never say something bad about it.
Speaker 2: So saying I wouldn't be caught dead.
Speaker 3: In a place and that's probably they filmed there, and I am totally guessing that.
Speaker 1: And they made a big mistake because now the only thing on the Internet that people are talking about is what the restaurant is. But it's great for so I'm here that Catch restaurant, restaurant, ate sushi, great steak, great dining, just go dining. And to say I wouldn't be caught that crystallizes the whole episode. To say I wouldn't be caught dead at Catch, that's the problem with the cat That's what they are. It's glossed over frosting. Who gives a fuck, talk about what's going on. Talk about the meat, not the not the fucking restaurant. Let's get into the meat of the matter. So that's my problem we're all so, I'll go to Catch right now.
Speaker 3: But it takes a minute to get into it. You can't get into it until you have That's why I said. I think it was episode three or four.
Speaker 1: And you know what, semi retraction because she's being honest. She really, in her real life wouldn't be caught dead at Catch. But my so that's a character.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't be called debticatch. That's who she is. I don't even who said it, so don't be mad at me. It could be the girl I supported on Instagram. I love you, You're beautiful, don't change.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I just was like, right, well, this is what you know. Don't hate the play, I hate the game. They all signed up for reality show to be talked about, right and I and I actually and I've said to them, listen, don't take anything personally, and just make sure they spell your name right.
Speaker 2: That's it, got it. It's a big like but even like the.
Speaker 1: Too cool for schools like Brooklyn, like we're so Brooklyn, We're so cool with sour hipster.
Speaker 2: Like it's just very cool and very forced cool.
Speaker 3: That's when they said they were going to recast the show and bring on new people, new places.
Speaker 2: They went back to Brooklyn and the city.
Speaker 3: Like I thought they were going to pick up someone in Staten Island, maybe Queen's, maybe the Bronx.
Speaker 2: I mean I did. I thought that they were really going to diversify this thing.
Speaker 1: Instead they went back and that would have been a show called the Burrows, which is a great idea, but that's too much, too far hour Staten Island be a shit show. I hear what you're saying, But I like that as an idea. I like that as an idea. They're gonna have to go, you know what I mean. We'll see how this does.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, and I got the sense when Jenna came over to I think it's I'm getting confused, sorry everybody, because I just watched for the some Jessel Jenna came to Jessel's house. It felt like a housewive seen that is, like they don't know each other. And to your point, like I knew you going in. You really knew Ramona you. That's another that's a chemistry. That's the alchemy. That's the alchemy.
Speaker 3: There's a little connection. You always said that I was the connector on New York, right, I knew everyone. There's nobody here on this cast that knows them all, so they're all like kind of you know, but they will by the time we get to the middle of the end.
Speaker 2: No, but you knew everyone and they knew each other. There was a.
Speaker 3: Reputation thing, like I just we watched our first episode. I mean, we're going to do no, no, But it was real. Ramona did not invite me to this cooking party in the Hamptons even though I had, just because.
Speaker 2: She thought she ran with a fabulous group of people in the Hampton and I wasn't part of it. And that was so real.
Speaker 3: And I remember me and Brad being in the house and we ran over to American Hotel to meet Luanne to tell what had happened. And Luayne was like, I went over there and you weren't there, so I left right away.
Speaker 2: You know. No, that was all real life, and it wasn't for the show.
Speaker 1: You really wanted to be and you felt left out, Yes, and I would never want to be there.
Speaker 2: It was all real. Yes, it was totally It was totally real. It was totally real. Going to Alex and Simon's house.
Speaker 1: If I thought about what people would have thought, would i'd talk about the state of.
Speaker 3: Their So what I don't know is the connections between these girls. How long they go? That's what I'm missing. Do they know some of them? I feel like know each other a little bit.
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't like a long time, it doesn't, but who knows who? Like?
Speaker 3: Where is any history so that we can see the relationships?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So there's a photo on Instagram that so two of them peeled off went to Costa Chipriani because that's hip and catches not And then they.
Speaker 3: Got to side note did you read about in the I don't know where that Costa Chipriani has now thrown out all the housewives who belonged to Costa Chipriani because Taylor Swift stopped her membership because she was there and someone not a housewife, but somebody took her photo and she felt violated and she said, it's become like a low class place and there's you know, there's like housewives here is if it's a bad thing, she said housewise, No she didn't, but that was kind of like what they interpreted her leaving, and they said, well, we have to get rid of housewives element so that we can get Taylor Swift and her people back because all the A listers have left so first and they're blaming it on house before this air. First of all, that was before this air when they see this really allow the Housewives.
Speaker 1: But first of all, they started that except Kyle is now member, and I'm a member of the Houses because I left the show. But I didn't get in until I left the show. But Kasta Chipriani where I've.
Speaker 2: Never been and I won't have been.
Speaker 1: And I, like, I don't know what, I'm just saying that sentence alone, like would make me I don't want to be a member of anything.
Speaker 2: I don't need anything.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that sentence alone, that they won't let them in. It makes me want to not be ever on the Housewives, Like just that sentence makes well.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing. But this is the funny thing.
Speaker 3: That story came out before the show aired where they talk.
Speaker 2: About ka So they fucked him again. They fucked him again. Yeah, that's about I'm saying. Yeah, they didn't fuck them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, it's like they had and when they filmed this, they had no idea that they were thrown out of the club and By the way, I don't know if they were thrown out of the club. I don't even know if they're members of the club. I'm just saying, if you look it up Costa Chippriani housewise, you're going to see that. They said they're throwing out all the housewives.
Speaker 1: Right like Costa Chipriani is not interested in being promoted on the Real House.
Speaker 3: They didn't even know about that though. That's the point. They think Taylor Swift left because the elements is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's just funny that they're saying. So they want to be with the whole what's the whole thing? I wouldn't want to be an Famber club right that they would take that would have me as a member. Well, that that fits right here, because they don't want to be at the place that would take them. Catch is the place that would take them and is fun and is great. That's right, and they think they're too cool for that. And now they fucked themselves twice because Catch don't want them, and neither is Costa Chipriani.
Speaker 2: I don't think chiprion I don't think they're going to be there anytime soon. But you never. But I'm saying now you alienated your whole base. You got nobody. They didn't do it.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, there's so many other great clubs in New York besides Costa Chipriani that I would think is farm.
Speaker 2: I know nothing about it. I'm sure it's lovely.
Speaker 1: Who and then to oh, by the way, and then also to say to say the olive.
Speaker 2: Garden and chicer Ooh, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like the olive Garden. But yeah, that would they brought in the olive garden shots fired. But just spell it right, Go ahead, just spell it right.
Speaker 2: Okay. So what about the shoe closet, did you care?
Speaker 3: I would like to have seen more of it. I feel like they glossed over the closet too fast. It looked vastive, it looked massive. I mean, especially for New York. It's nice that there's a shoe closet. It's a cool things, it's fantastic. It's just anything that shows money and all that stuff. I think, if not just myself, I think fans love to.
Speaker 2: Be luxury porn. Yes, okay, it's luxury porn. Okay.
Speaker 1: And then I don't care about any of the game and the sex. I just feel like I don't care about because it's like, let's play game.
Speaker 3: I needed to do something to get to know you and each other, right, So that was okay.
Speaker 1: I know it's fine, it's filler, but I don't. I like, if you care, you can talk about it.
Speaker 2: How else you get to know them?
Speaker 3: And that's what I went back to our episode season one to see how did the producers put together our show? And it was kind of slow. Like the first episodes, we each individual from our first show, I want to talk about it by ourselves, and then we started to get together, but we really had alone time to get to know you a little bit.
Speaker 2: Because this is the thing.
Speaker 3: When we went on New York Housewives, Other than you, we will nobody, right. People knew you may be a little from being on the press, but nobody. These girls have had a year in the press because the show's success. They were announced, they were at Bravo Khan, and they've been in the press.
Speaker 2: Gen Alliance.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows she's been getting gigs all year before the show even aired. We didn't have that, so I guess they feel like the audience knows them already.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, I don't. It is different.
Speaker 1: You can't compare then to now, which is you can't compare them to social media. You can't get what the cheesy the cheese, it's not like at the cheese.
Speaker 2: The Mousewives. Gary said they should call it Gary. I'm not here. The Real Mousewives, The Real Mousewives. Paul loves Gary.
Speaker 1: Look at Paul so happy here the Real mousewive that's good.
Speaker 2: How did someone else to give you a compliments? A big Garrett that the.
Speaker 1: Comedy compliment, A comedy compliment, tough, that's literally a compliment. The Real Mousewives. That's a good one. Yeah it was cheesy, but yeah, it's a lot. It's it's a lot, it's a lot. It was just a lot on the cheese like it's not and it looked just.
Speaker 3: Think they didn't have any I don't know. I think something I told you. I think I know you say it's a conspiracy. Something was missing. I think they had a problem, but I think it's gonna get fixed because she left after two weeks of filming and then they're gonna get all their footage back. I think they had to cut around a lot of things because she was there. Okay, I just I got and I'm gonna find out and verify it was forty acres of cheese. It was just a lot of cheese on the table. Gave me cheese. Ang, I like cheese too, but that's like hot, like party cheese, like you know, it just was like, ou, it's just not a good entertaining thing because it just like gets sweaty and like a little bit of cheese fine, but like an acre of coffee table cheese, it's just like starts glistening. And again they talked about it's something that she did that we never saw, and you know, that was like to talk about something you didn't see came. We didn't see her give the cheese, so we weren't offended. Girl was offended.
Speaker 2: I forgot to see. I don't know what hat. I saw the show and I wrote, what what happened? I'm telling you what something happened. We missed it. You know why they edited it out? But what are you?
Speaker 1: My understanding was someone's mad what someone else said they really ate cheese and didn't it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like no, somebody bought a cheese platter to someone's house and it wasn't good enough. I thought it was okay, somebody's gonna have.
Speaker 2: To fight it. We need help.
Speaker 1: It was inferior cheese platter. It was something that someone who said they don't eat cheese.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Can somebody please straighten this out? Wait?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's something that happened on the Housewives with a cheese platter with Drindo, with that medium, there was something about bringing over a short couery board and it wasn't good enough.
Speaker 2: I'm having like total but it's real.
Speaker 1: It has something to do with around the time of the medium and Carol's apartment and cheese. I was shoveling the cheese in a turtle nfe. I'm hot thinking about it. I was like main lining keys, but there's something about cheese.
Speaker 2: But I don't it sounds that's where they get. But any idea what the fight was about? I thought it was no, not really And do you know it wasn't there a thing with a one girl And that's the thing. It's a force fight.
Speaker 1: See, that's what you started for last night was a forced show so that it didn't have to be a forced show. The girl Aaron had a tag showing through two. One of someone that works for me told me that you could see the tag that like, so you're borrowing clothes, like, where's the real where are the real people?
Speaker 2: Let's see the real people here? They'll come. Okay, they're coming, Okay, great, amazing. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I do I have high? Are you a watcher of Housewives over I'm not. I would never have watched.
Speaker 2: Some of them, might do.
Speaker 3: I'd like Beverly Hills, but I haven't watched Atlanta. I don't watch OCI.
Speaker 1: What would you have definitely watched this because I would not have not in no shade, I just watch other shows.
Speaker 2: I don't know interesting. I will always say I would have no.
Speaker 1: I want to say, go for yours to the girls, congratulations, go with God. We're both generally positive about it. We're at a different age.
Speaker 2: We're not. I don't watch the.
Speaker 3: House I don't I care felt someone else's scess has anything to do with mine.
Speaker 2: Your success or failure will never be shaken me, right, no, ever, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: So I want them to do well, and also I want the franchise to live forever, because then we live forever. Seriously, Housewives of New York goes on forever, so do we. But you like it or not, it's true.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that you think about it. I don't think I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think about it every day. I'm just saying, but that's the reality. So the better their success is my success. Do you care about watching the show?
Speaker 2: Do you care? You invested? Be honest yet, No, watch next time if.
Speaker 3: I make I don't know if i'll watch it, like waiting for Sunday night to come. I don't think I'm invested yet, but I don't know how you can be invested in anything yet.
Speaker 1: I think I watched our first episode back. I kind of was interested. They're interested with you, you and I know I felt a fat camp on a private camp. It was a detox center for help, I understand. But that's what everybody thinks. Alie looks beautiful. She's here, she's thirty years old, she's barely survived that, but she's here to talk about it, and you guys are very close. But yeah, I'm just that was a compelling episode. I don't know if I went to Alex's because it.
Speaker 3: Was real, because that was happening in my real life gritty, because real life is flawed and great.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that real life and real people, no matter how much money they have, is gritty and flawed. I've been into very rich, very successful people's homes, looked in their protoce drawer and it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look perfect, and I've had anxiety about it. It's okay.
Speaker 1: So real life is messy and no matter what you make, no matter how much money you make, it's messy. And they have gone through messy. Erica James got messy. It got messy, and it's just different. She came in as like a performer that was doing all these videos to beginnings. So she walked in there like I'm a performer and that's every but there's not six of those.
Speaker 3: But after you watch it long enough, it started to become real. That was That's why if you watch long time, Yeah, but that was her, it'll break down. That's what I'm saying. We got to give these this whole show a chance, because oh, you mean no, we but we got it'll start.
Speaker 2: To coming in.
Speaker 1: Lisa was flawed like everybody Lisa, Vanda Pump and people, and they were even though they were dressed in crazy outfits.
Speaker 2: Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: I only have ever seen one episode for the show. They were still a mess in rich labels. It's not I'm not only talking about the label I talked about they was still it was still a mess and the but it was a great to your point, it was a great show. On the first episode ever, I was invested, I was like, who the fuck are these looming?
Speaker 2: I know, I love the woman who's no longer on the show, the one who's the priest, the granddaughter. I mean that was the best.
Speaker 3: What about the one in you right who has no sense of I mean no sense of reality.
Speaker 1: I've seen a reality show of the housewives. First episode.
Speaker 3: Is with these girls? Are they too self aware that they can't get messy? And well, we don't know yet.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets messy once they're in this. I don't mean, can they get messy? And ripping someone's hair out and fighting is not messy? I mean, who are they? I had an understanding of who you were. The first episode of the house was you had an understanding of who I was? The first episode of the house was Okay, it's an essence and I have no understanding of who they are. And they have been focusing on the trappings and not what really matters. They've been focusing on the social media, the borrowed outfits, the hair, the makeup, the fashion, the restaurants and not.
Speaker 2: It can't survive. They will has no foundation. Well that's why I say it's episode three or four.
Speaker 3: You said, you said it, You said you didn't want to hear all that stuff, and I said, you have to have the foundation before you can get to three or four.
Speaker 2: And you said you wanted to only see a little bit of it because of the missing footage. Okay, I'll meet you there. Uber. She's fabulous. Oh she was. She's pretty and sweet and maybe and I met her in person. I had lunch with her. I took her and er and out for lunch with Ali obviously, and I did six months ago. Whatever, it doesn't matter, but uba was.
Speaker 3: She seemed so elegant and so beautiful that I almost think, like, I don't know if she belongs on a show like this.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet.
Speaker 1: And I felt that way about Kristen. I thought Kristin was a beautiful person. I just didn't think she was a house There.
Speaker 2: Are people that I like, but they just put her on in St. Barts. See how she did. And I heard she did well because you and you have to like rise to that occasion.
Speaker 1: I just mean, overall, there are people that I have thought are amazing, people that aren't necessarily good housewise, and then you get into an argument because you're like, all right, you look beautiful. I love the stir in, the two mismatch shoes on purpose. Get the fuck out of the way. We gotta get dirty, and the mud hit now. So it's just different.