Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: What's your get that? You go Boss endorsement? You Go Boss?
Speaker 3: NBA sweatsuit made the show today.
Speaker 2: I'm just blazed with another language.
Speaker 3: It might, but it's a name.
Speaker 4: Oh remember, yes, Cold Open Baby.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 5: We're already done with it.
Speaker 3: Welcome in.
Speaker 4: It is the What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast and videos show you can find on all streaming platforms. That's a lie, that's actually not streaming. Netflix not interested in buying the show. But you can get it on all podcast platforms and on YouTube and on maybe somewhere on the dark web. So subscribe, like rate review, do all those things before we get to what we are to on out today, Here's what we're not talking about today. The things that just barely missed the cut. Not on the show is Lamar Jackson's contract. Not on the show is one of the saddest quarterback controversies imaginable, Andy Dalton and Jameis Winston and the worst fit in that NFL coaches picture, which everybody knows which one of the worst fit was. That better option would be. Can you find three fits there that are not terribly embarrassing? But none of that actually made the show. We can start the clock right about now. If you're watching us, you will be able to see me try to beat the clock. I am zero five, by the way, in beating the clock as I rotate to Deman Demons, Good to see you, my friend. What are we starting with today? Let's start with the Lakers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got crushed by Dallas Tuesday and absolutely could miss the playoffs. You said they should trade everyone but Lebron and Ad, but the Ad trade rumors have already started. Should they trade a d And at this point, why would anyone even want to play with Lebron James?
Speaker 4: See see, you gotta throw that little stuff in there, like you gotta throw it. Why would any I don't know. Why would anyone want to paint with Picasso? Why would anyone want to compose with Mozart? I'm not sure. Seemed to be a fun thing to be able to tell your kids I did played with Lebron. James probably went to the finals. Probably want a championship. Like has there been Here's an interesting question that I gotta think on for a moment. In the last twelve years, has there been anyone who has played more than one season with Lebron and not made the NBA finals?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't have to think on that at all.
Speaker 4: The answers, No, there hasn't been because Lebron in the last twelve years hasn't gone more than one year without making the finals. Accept until that's probably going this year unfortunately. But to answer the questions, no, they should not trade Anthony Davis unless Lebron asks out.
Speaker 3: If Lebron asks out and.
Speaker 4: Says I don't want to be there and I do not think that's going to happen, then you can make the argument tear it all down to the studs.
Speaker 2: Trade AD.
Speaker 4: But for all of AD's flaws and we understand that they are there. Anthony Davis still gives you a far better chance to win next year's title with Lebron James alongside him than what you would what are You can trade him to Oklahoma City for SGA and a bunch of picks that might be good for the twenty twenty seven Lakers, but not good for the twenty twenty three Lakers, which is.
Speaker 3: What they have to be focused on.
Speaker 4: As Lebron enters year twenty coming off a season where he gives you thirty eight and six and they're terrible anyway. So I feel like the pendulum has swung a little too far against Anthony Davis. The injuries are a huge problem, but one playoffs to go, Anthony Davis matched up against Nikola Jokic and tortured him, and then in his first two NBA Finals games of his career, dropped thirty two and thirty four points in that playoff run. He averaged twenty eight to ten in his career in the playoffs. He has played thirty nine career playoff games, twenty nine of them he's gone for twenty five plus He's twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Points per game career in the playoffs. That's top ten all time.
Speaker 4: You are not going to get a better guy to be alongside Lebron in a playoff run than Anthony Davis in in any potential ad trade. Now, do the Lakers have to remake the entire roster?
Speaker 3: They do? Should Rob Polinka be a part of it?
Speaker 2: He shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Should Frank Vogel be coaching it?
Speaker 2: He shouldn't.
Speaker 4: But unless Lebron asks out, you don't trade Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: All Right, it looks like we're going to stay in the NBA. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Let's do it?
Speaker 6: Stay in the NBA. We've spent a lot of time talking Nets and Lakers. Yeah, but they're both fighting for the players. Yeah, they're actually both terrible. They're actually both bad basketball teams. Lakers are worse, but the Nets are pretty. The Nets are sometimes unwatchable as well. But what go ahead?
Speaker 2: No, a man? What Kyrie? I mean?
Speaker 6: Katie has definitely done a better job at picking his team. It's it's it's not let's move on. Okay. You know, while the Sun's Grizzlies Heat and celticsit the top of the conference, YEP is building super teams no longer the way to win in the NBA.
Speaker 3: I so here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know that building super teams was ever the exact way to win. There was a level of well, if one guy's got a super if Lebron's got a super team, then I have to have a super team to combat that. But the way to win in the NBA has been incredibly consistent for oh the better part of forty years. You must have an APEX top five player in the league at a minimum, and then you fill in the surrounding hole. So if we just think about the champions, why did the Bucks win? Were the Bucks a super team? No, they were organically built for the most part, despite the Drew Holiday trade. But they had Giannis at the peak of his powers the year before the Lakers. Was that a super team, I would argue, No, it was two great players, but they were acquired in free agency and be a trade in Lebron and Ad. But you had Lebron at the peak or close to the peak of his powers. The year before it was Kawhi again, a guy who at the moment was top five guy.
Speaker 3: The peak of his powers.
Speaker 4: When it felt like you had to have a super team was when a team such as the Warriors that was a champion already, then added an MVP and Kevin Durant. Then it felt like, oh my god, how can anyone beat them? But it should be noted the team that came the closest to beating them, the only team to take those Warriors with KD a healthy Warriors with KDI passed five games, was a Rockets team that, yes they had added I did Chris Paul, but what they had was at the time James Harden, who was a league MVP, top five guy at the peak of his powers. So if you don't have one of those guys, then you must find a way to add as many, you know, players six to fifteen as possible, but that's probably not getting it done. So I've always thought it was a misnomer of oh, you must have a super team. You must have a pantheon guy, a guy that's going to be a no doubt inclusion on my Top fifty Players the Last fifty Years list when that comes out next month little plug within the podcast for a future part of the podcast. That's what you've got to have, and then you have to fill out the roster smartly surrounding it. But you mentioned four teams there. You mentioned the Grizzlies, the Suns, the Bucks, and the Heat.
Speaker 3: There's only to me one.
Speaker 4: There's one team there that I feel like nobody doubts can win the title, and that's the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Why because they have a top five guy at the peat for his powers.
Speaker 4: The Suns have had an unbelievable regular season. They're gonna win sixty plus games. A lot of people believe they're gonna win the title. For them to do so, it would be somewhat unprecedented. Because Booker, as good as he is, is No, we're close to a top five guy in the league. And Chris Paul, as historically great as he's been, he's not there yet anymore. And the Grizzlies, I love him, but they're drawing dead to win the title. The Heater drawing dead to win the title like that, You've got to have one of those guys. That's what NBA history tells us. And I'm gonna fail against the clock again. Okay, let's move on. Let's hit some golf for the first time in the show. Yeah, you feel great about this, This is amazing. Yeah, you're exciting about talking golf with me. Go ahead, Tiger might actually play the Masters. Yeah, he can't seem to walk away, and he's not the first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brady couldn't do it, mj couldn't do it, and you won't admit it. But one day Lebron will do it. Okay, what does Tiger have left to prove? And why can't goats ever seem to walk away?
Speaker 4: All right, so Tiger has nothing left to prove to the world. I think to himself, I think Tiger still, a tiny part of him holds out hope he can catch Jack with the eighteen Majors.
Speaker 3: Now he's not gonna do that. He's at fifteen Jacks at eighteen.
Speaker 4: I also, though, I think more than a tiny part of Tiger and a large part of me believes, oh, he could still win another Masters. Maybe that's insane. And all I've seen is like brainy footage of him practicing post injury, postcar wreck. But he knows the course so well, the fact that he wanted a few years ago. I and Tiger is the way I look at Tiger is the way so many broadcasters look at Michael Jordan like I erase the flaws. I only see the greatness. He's you know, one of my two favorite athletes of all time. I have more fond sportsmanory involving Tiger Woods than almost anybody any other athlete I've ever watched, and so I think he has something left to prove to himself. As far as why can't goats seem to walk away? Certainly, and why can't they walk away on top? I think if you are in the discussion for the greatest in the world at something, or the greatest to ever do something, you need it to be proven to you that that's no longer the case. I always thought walking out on top was slightly was an overrated concept. All of us want to play sports as long as we can. It's always a sad day the last time we're allowed to play sports, you know, competitively, and so the if you can play in the toughest league at the top level and you're still the best or in the argument for the best, the idea of giving that up, you know, by choice, seems crazy to me.
Speaker 3: So I don't It's.
Speaker 4: Totally rational and reasonable to me why athletes have a hard time walking away. I think the other thing would be ear raction guys who are at the top, being like I've had enough of this, I don't. I think that the mentality of I've had enough of this almost never coincides with the mentality that it takes to become the greatest in the history of the world. It's something, all right, I'm gonna go oh for this is our sixth show. I'm gonna be oho for six against the clot because we have less than a minute left. We're about to talk about something that I think is going to take some time, so demant go ahead.
Speaker 2: Time for a serious topic. Yep.
Speaker 6: The NFL is requiring teams to hire one female or minority offensive coach this year.
Speaker 2: Yep. Uh is this a meaningful step in the right direction?
Speaker 4: So I do think it is a somewhat meaningful step. And I understand some folks are gonna say this is tokenism.
Speaker 3: Or and listen, they'll be bad.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about the bad faith actors say the folks that would be like what happened to the best person for the job? That is such a maddening concept, because when when you have a statistically impossible discrepancy is skewing towards white people having all these jobs and the assumption being well it was when it was all white people getting jobs or the maast maority white people getting jobs.
Speaker 3: That was a meritocracy.
Speaker 4: But as soon as we mandate some non white people getting jobs, then it's not a meritocracy. The idea that all these coaches, kids and family members are getting gigs and that's a meritocracy is laughable. But so I understand why the NFL is doing it, and I do think it is a decent move, But will it actually fix the problem. And the answer to that is, of course no. And there's two reasons for it. One is really really unfortunate and the other is really really reasonable. Let me start with the reasonable one person. People hire friends and family in every industry, and that cuts across all races. Black people hire black people because they know more black people, they're friends with more black people, and obviously their families you know very often other black people. White people do the same. That is in every industry, across all time, across all countries, people hire people they know, and in the country as segregated as the United States, the people you know very often are going to skew dramatically to the same race that you are. So that is just going to be a part of the of any companies hiring practices, which is why it is critically important any industry takes a serious effort to make sure the hiring positions in particular is a diverse group of people, so that way you have black hiring managers in addition to white hiring managers and other minority groups, so that it can then filter on such The NFL also has a big nepotism problem. Coaches hire their kids, and obviously, in the vast majority of cases, your kids are the same race as you, so that perpetuates it. I don't actually blame people for those paradigms because I think that cuts across all races. That's the non nefarious reasoning for it, and that I don't think is easily solvable until you get more black people in general manager, team president, team ownership positions to where they're then circle and friend group and their own family tree can fill out some of the jobs. The nefarious reason and the reason it's important that offensive coaches that there is there is a emphasis on offensive coaches not just being white guys, is because for two reasons. One is it's very clear the best way to become a head coaches coach the offensive side of the ball, as the league is skewed super offense, offense offense. So where's the nefarious part. I think it is very very clear that there are certain NFL teams, people running NFL teams that have a hard time believing that black people are smart enough to be a quarterback, genius, quarterback guru, an offensive mastermind. The numbers would say that it is again almost statistically impossible for these white for these coaching staffs on the offensive side of the ball, and for front offices to be as lily white as they are when the vast majority of NFL or of football staffs are made up of former players, and the vast majority of players are black. That couldn't happen by chance. And I can't just say, ah, it's all because of the non nefarious reasons I laid out before.
Speaker 3: There is clearly.
Speaker 4: Belief amongst some people in various high positions across a number of NFL teams that listen, I trust this black guy to be able to fire up my running back, but I don't trust this black guy's brain to be able to break down game film with my quarterback. And so I do think some of the hiring discrepancies are understandable, and some of them are just old school tale, as old as time, racism, the old I don't think the black guy is as smart as the white guy, and.
Speaker 3: So does this help? It does help? Does it fix it? Far from We will.
Speaker 2: Be right back.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch un Stopped now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right Podcast Episode six. You can also watch this on YouTube subscribe on all your favorite podcast platforms. I've been hearing the producers giggle on the background in my ear when they've referenced what we're gonna do in the final block of the show. I never know what we're gonna do in the final block of the show. But I'm already I already have a bit of trepidation on what these people are gonna throw at me, and I imagine you, the young man, are gonna be a part of it. However, before we get to the final block of the show, tell me what we're doing right here.
Speaker 2: Pick the bigger NFL story this week.
Speaker 6: Okay, postseason overtime rules changing or the bills stadium being partially publicly funded.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll get to the overtime stuff later. The public funding of stadiums is one of the most It's something that I promise you history will not look upon pond here people are like, oh, what was one of the reasons American infrastructure in public schooling all seem to fail? And they're gonna be like, well, there's money issues a lot of things. And they're gonna be like, oh, well, that's funny because all these municipalities sure seem to find a billion dollars when they needed it to build a stadium that's going to be used a dozen times a year. With that said, there are certain cities in America that I think you can justify the public kicking in some dollars to the team, and Buffalo might be one of them. So here's my general point. Take your top fifteen cities in the country. All of them should come together, have a meeting of the mayors or the governors of the states. However you need to do it and make a pact and all a nice little collusion against the leagues. Guys, none of us are ever paying a dime. You know why because pro sports leagues want to be in New York. They want to be in LA they want to be in Dallas, they want to be in Houston, they want to be in Miami, they want to be in DC, they want to be in San Francisco. Their threats to leave are hollow threats. We never need to pay a dollar if we're a major American city for a team, the leagues want to be here, the owners have the money, let them pay. Now a city such as Buffalo, you can make the argument that the difference between Buffalo and Schenectady is one thing that they have pro sports, the Sabers and the Bills, and that I've said for a long time growing up from Kansas City, what's the difference between Kansas City and Des Moines. Well, aside from the history of Kansas City and the amazing barbecue and the jazz, all that, the real contemporary difference was Kansas City had the Chiefs and the royals, and des Moines didn't. So I do understand why a small city might feel incentivized to make sure their team doesn't move. So I get why the Bills are doing right, the Buffalo's doing it, but it's the State of New York that's doing it. And I know these two headlines aren't exactly aligned.
Speaker 3: But around the.
Speaker 4: Same time I found out the State of New York's gonna kick in about eight hundred million for the Bills stadium. I read in the New York Times. Our new governors say there's about an eight hundred and fifty million dollar New York State Public school short Paul kind of pissed me off, to be totally honest. But if you're Buffalo, if you're Green Bay, if you're a small city that is kind of just happy to have a team, I get why you might want to make sure the team never leaves. But big cities should never pay a dollar to these leagues. They get tricked by them. They're never leaving pro sports leagues are never leaving New York or LA or the cities I mentioned. They want to be there, so don't get tricked into it. Speaking of the Chiefs, looks like we're gonna talk about them for a moment.
Speaker 6: Speaking of stadiums, Yeah, is it possible that the Chiefs end up leaving Arrowhead?
Speaker 3: Okay, so listen.
Speaker 4: Arrowhead Stadium is loud, and it's a fine stadium. It's not state of the art, but it's fine. It also is in the it's in the middle of nowhere. It is thirty minutes from downtown Kansas City. The closest restaurant to Arrowhead or Kaufman is a Taco Bell. The closest hotel is a Drurian, and then there is a there's an indoor water park over there.
Speaker 3: That I think we had coco keys. Yeah, I think we had a birthday there once upon a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I shouldn't be tasted.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't have. But can I also say props to you? I mean, man, what a come up? We used to do birthday parties at cocos at a terrible hotel in Raytown, Missouri.
Speaker 3: Look at us now, buddy. I mean, that's a true story. But the point is Arrowheads not ideal.
Speaker 4: Is not an ideal location. The reason the idea of the Chiefs leaving is touches a tendon for me because there was a rumor they might cross state lines into Kansas. The Kansasity Chiefs are Kansas City, Missouri's team, and there is a big difference between being from Missouri and being from Kansas. The audience may not care. The Kansas Citians will get it. You get it. You are when people ask you where are you from? Or you were born in Mississippi, but where you grew up? Where do you say?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you've moved around a lot. Good point, Kansas.
Speaker 2: It was Kansas City and then Kansas is a whole different the.
Speaker 3: Whole different thing.
Speaker 4: And people if you're from You're like, oh, I'm from Kansas City and they're like, oh, you're from Kansas.
Speaker 3: No, I'm from Missouri.
Speaker 4: And the idea of the Chiefs crossing the state line will I'm.
Speaker 3: Not saying I will be a fan. This is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: This is what I will say if the Chiefs moved to Kansas. My fandom ends. When Patrick Mahomes was got that's it. When bade Bals retires, I'm out if they moved to Kansas.
Speaker 3: Okay, now time for a game.
Speaker 4: Two rights, one wrong, two wrongs, one right is actually I think the name of the game U two wrongs, one right.
Speaker 6: What are we starting with? How should Coach K go out lose to you and C, beat you and C but losing the final?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or win it all? Okay?
Speaker 4: The worst option is option B beating North Carolina but then losing the championship. Nobody's really happy about that. I so to me, it's either A or C. I would really like see Hubert Davis beat him. Listen, Coach K, you made another Final four. You've gotten you know, this whole victory lap and this whole farewell season. Let's have North Carolina beat you in your farewell game, you know, before the tournament, and then beat you in your actual farewell game in the first time these two teams are ever playing in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm rooting for.
Speaker 4: But I will admit if they particularly now that Houston's out of the tournament, if they were to beat North Carolina, I'll be rooting for them in the.
Speaker 3: National championship game. All right, what's next.
Speaker 2: PG thirteen is back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if Kawhi comes back, you think the Clippers will lose early, they make it to the conference finals, or they win the title.
Speaker 4: All Right, I love Tyleru and obviously healthy, this is a dangerous team, but I do not believe there is any realistic chance Kawi comes back. And if he does, Kawhi does not have the history of I'm gonna come back from injury and give you thirty eight minutes a night, So I think that I think that he's likely not coming back.
Speaker 3: I think they lose early either way.
Speaker 4: I think the Clippers we got to see what the matchups are, but with or without Kawhi for this season, I think they have a very defined round two ceiling and then we'll see everyone's healthy. But man, it is interesting, and this is everyone talks about the Lebron A d thing and they're like, let's break them up, trade a d us Who would want to play with Lebron uh Lebron a D, Kawhi and Paul George, Katie and Kyrie. They all came together in the same offseason. Okay, Lebron and Anthony Davis have won a child together. Kawhi and Paul George have not played in a single conference finals game together. Clippers made the conference finals last year, but Kawhi was out and Katie and Kyrie have played have not played in a single conference finals game together. So and by the way, I don't think that's gonna change this year. I think we're gonna be three years into these partnerships. The only one that is going to have even sniffed a championship and they will have in fact won it is Lebron and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: But they're the ones that just get crushed all the time.
Speaker 4: You're not allowed a down year, that one down year last year.
Speaker 3: Last year is not great either, but still last year, well.
Speaker 4: No, this year is down year and last year was not great because at the end point remains though all three of these guys came together. And by the way, I gotta say, we're gonna break the clock on this again, damn it, I suck at the.
Speaker 3: Timing part of it. There. There is a really interesting art.
Speaker 4: If Kawhi and Paul George don't blow that three to one lead to the Nuggets and then they get the Lakers in the Western Armonds finals that year, if they if the Lakers instead of winning that title, had lost in the Western Armends finals to the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Whether Clippers win the tell or not.
Speaker 4: When Kwi is doing all those idiotic that commercial campaign with his uh what is his shoeber in socany?
Speaker 2: Who is?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's new balance my bed. So I get them all there, I get the it's exactly what those new balance where he got the crown. This is my city. If it's a whole different story, but that's obviously not what happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's next?
Speaker 6: Uh, best NFL overtime option is leave it how it had been the new rule, or you cut, I choose.
Speaker 3: Okay, you cut, I choose as the best option. So let me explain this to you.
Speaker 4: So think about your little sisters last night arguing over every right, just everything right. So all, now imagine we have last night. If we were gonna have a dessert. There's one piece of cake and they have to split it. The best way to ever do something like that is one of them gets to cut it. The other gets to pick which slice it, because it incentivizes the cutter to make it as fair as possible because the other person is going to get to choose, right, that theoretically should eliminate all fights. Okay, so the you cut I choose NFL overtime option is this. You get to choose who has the ball first. I choose where the ball is placed on the field. So I know that you're gonna get to choose. If you have Patrick Mahomes, you're almost assuredly gonna want the ball. You're gonna want the ball.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: What if I say I'm placing the ball at the seven yard line going this way, so you're gonna have to go ninety three yards.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say I'm putting it at the one because then you're saying, okay, I'll take defense. Right, So, if the one team decides where the ball is spotted on the field, the other team decides if they want to play offense or defense, it incentivizes the first team. The Ravens proposed this, by the way, a couple of years ago in the NFL knocked it down. I think it's a great idea. I think it adds a whole level of strategy, and I wish the NFL had done it. With that said, they were never gonna do it. It was two cutting edge. I think there is a league that did do it, that it was done on some level of football. I love the idea of it. It never took off. So the new overtime rule change is fine. Both teams get a possession for overtime.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know when the Chiefs hurry, okay, do you are sorry? I know I'm going on.
Speaker 4: Let me just see this. Then we'll get to the last thing. When the Chiefs never get touched the ball. In twenty eighteen, mahomes first year and Brady goes on and wins his ring thirteen to three, and the worst Super Bowl ever. Nobody cries a tear, Nobody says anything. Yeah, we gotta change the rules. Oh, the new Golden Boy Josh Allen never gets some ball on overtime. Now we're changing the rules. Okay, all right, what's yeah Golden Boy?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What's this last one?
Speaker 2: Pick one to succeed Taysom Hill Saints tight end?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a note. I don't even know the other options. That's a noe.
Speaker 6: Okay, Trey Lance forty nine ers starting QB yep or demonse me podcast host?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh that ohen you said? Host on the screen that says star, podcast star.
Speaker 3: All right, so.
Speaker 4: Taysom Mills eliminated. Here's the thing, Demonse, No, don't uh oh this. I just think we all need to understand and embrace our rules.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So if the question was who has the best chance to succeed demondse Bird podcast sidekick? Yeah, I hear my pick. I think you've We've done six of these shows. You've been an A plus sidekick. You know, a Robin from Howard Stern Show, look out, best side, the dude who used to sit next to Conan Andy Richter looked out.
Speaker 3: You could be.
Speaker 4: I mean, there is a lucrative, long term career in posting and and gliding off almost the wave of a transcendent talent such as my no that exists, and you are doing.
Speaker 3: A great job of it.
Speaker 4: But once it says podcast host or star, the question then becomes best shit, Like if I'm not here one day, are they gonna be like, uh, cancel the show? Or Demonse, go ahead and sit in this chair.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 4: So because of that, I'm gonna go Trey Lance forty nine or starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: We'll be right about.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Welcome back. In final segment, what's right with Nick?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Podcast in YouTube show. All right, I never know what we're doing in this last segment, but there's been murmurs from the producers. Demand has had an odd look in his eye all morning, getting ready for this.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: I saw this insane Twitter video last night. Okay, guys tapping out in the street fight. Okay, it's hilarious. I ended up showing Mom. She burst out laughing, but she said something similar happened to you.
Speaker 2: Please tell me that's not true.
Speaker 3: She didn't tell you the story.
Speaker 2: No, she just said she's gonna leave it to you.
Speaker 3: But I mean, she's not gonna she didn't.
Speaker 2: She didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she didn't tell you to bring this up on the show. She's not gonna want me to tell this that. Yeah, yeah, soon. Now she's yelling. She's yelling.
Speaker 2: No, she says no.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we're on the air, babe.
Speaker 4: No, okay, listen, we're too deep at this point. We're in too deep.
Speaker 2: It's happening.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: You have to promise you won't look at me differently, you promise, Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: All right, So I was in college, so it's about Mike. You know what it was the day after I turned twenty one. I remember the day because it's by the way. This is a funny story, but there's not. I mean, it ends with I don't know. The police called it a stabbing. I would have called it a cutting. And it ended badly for a lot of people. I wasn't one of them, because had he play up here. So here's where we got. So I'm trying to I'm my car is blocked in by a girl who lives in the apartment beneath him. Okay, and she does this all the time, blocks in not just my car, the whole apartment complex, like leaves her car and the only entrance exit and just to run into her whatever. So I shout, hey, move your car. She shouts back, give me a minute. I'm getting in the shower like you're getting in the show.
Speaker 3: So I shout again, move your car.
Speaker 4: The apartment above her unrelated party streams down with a lot of offensive language and yells I'm angry now doubling.
Speaker 3: So I yell back to.
Speaker 4: Them, I'm not talking to you, you know, basically shut up. I'm like this, yelled to the girl, move your car. About thirty seconds later, two guys walk down. They are both what I would call, you know, strapping gentlemen, sizeable guys, and one of them says, you better apologize to my friend. He's a marine, he'll kick your ass, and I you know you, you you know me, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't like the back down element.
Speaker 4: So I instead of apologizing, I got right in space and I said, and I said, I'm not apologizing. I wouldn't even talking to you. So you have two options, hit me or walk away and say excuse me. And before I could say it a second time, he chose option.
Speaker 3: A and this went south man bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, he tracks me and I kind of buckle and then he grabs me and I'm now up against the apartment building wall, and I mean, it's just like, I don't know what his training was, but it was more than mine, and so I try to like wiggle away and he gets me on I'm face down in the gravel driveway and he has a military choke on me and I am blacking out and my friend who was with me ends up is fighting the other guy. So I have no that's where the bad stuff happened between them, not between me. Me and I'm I'm blacking out and I and I'm like, I can't die this way, and so I did. I started tapping out. I was like, take mercy, like, sir, what like? I started tapping out.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't know. Tap out did not work.
Speaker 4: My buddy ended up running over and knocking him off me. And then then it got it got rough.
Speaker 2: Between sounds like.
Speaker 3: It wasn't great, man, But I did tap out. I had no choice. Man.
Speaker 4: Everyone can laugh at the guy tapping out and you you get rear naked choked in the street once and see the lights going out.
Speaker 3: Anyone lying man.
Speaker 4: His friend said he was a marine. I thought I we tried to leave that. The window was like cracked in my car. This dude put both hands on the window and broke broke, shattered it in his hands.
Speaker 2: Video of a cop.
Speaker 3: Dude, whoa This guy wasn't listen. That was fifteen years ago. You know what, he might be a cop.
Speaker 4: Now that's today's Yeah, there it is, that's today's show.
Speaker 5: Sho