Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Football Club.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Darry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Hello ahead, Welcome to the Players Loud sponsored by Tostitos, the official chip and Dip of the Dallas Cowboys. You are now rocking with the best. I'm heckm Harrison and joining me at the desk is my boy BC is in the house. And wow, he Key's back. How do they get How do you get back in this place? Do you even know how to find this place anymore? D mac is in the Danny McCrae is in the building. Look at that, Look at that box down there in that beautiful in that beautiful what do you.
Speaker 2: Call the new dog?
Speaker 4: The new dog dog, new dog at the bottom. Newing Sdrugs, the eleven time Emy winning Yeah, Humble Bragg always in the building. Newing Sdrugs is in the building. This is the Players now, the guys, I start the same way. Hey, when I'm running things, I gotta ask the same thing.
Speaker 2: How you mind? Man? How you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm doing amazing? You know today was a great day. Went on the golf course a little earlier today. Man it shot a seventy eight. I mean too many cats doing that. Man, I shot a seventy eight and I got witnesses. I got witnesses. You know how people like the pencil with the card if you buy yourself. I got witnesses seventy eight today. I mean for the career, best you were, best you do.
Speaker 4: Let you be getting a lot of suns. Okay, how do I hear that say? I'm gonna play golf. I don't care if it's one sixteen or not. I'm gonna be out there. I'm playing. You know, only certain friends can compliment you on your team. I got hey, I know he went knowing.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 6: I'm eleaked? Man?
Speaker 3: I am elitd Okay, what shoes you got on that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I know you're trying to hide. Yeah, check your shop? We checking you. What shoes you got a newie? He's not gonna show him what you got all.
Speaker 7: Newe dude, I got on George sitting here at the desk.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to take my shoes off. No, No, we're not gonna make you do that new it. But you, hey, you are don't believe you? Yeah, now you don't believe that you got the bromos.
Speaker 4: Hey you're there in camp, man, you gotta be our eyes and ears down there.
Speaker 2: What is the vibe like right now in ox?
Speaker 6: Now, wait, let's just stop because you got.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, see right there says see that that's pressure five man.
Speaker 7: Michael Jordan's yes, goodness, gracious man, geeze man, I love to see. Why aren't getting hazed on this ship? Why am I getting hazed on this show? Okay, here we go. Mike McCarthy was asked about Ezekiel Elliot because Jerry Jones has said on radios early as today that you know what, there could be a possibility of Ezekiel Ellie. Mike McCarthy when he talked to the media, shut it down, saying, they've got these younger players here. They want to see what the younger players have and if you bring back at Ezekiel Elliot, that starts to cut into the reps. And then also we spoke about the financial aspect of it, because look, they got these younger players outside of Tony Pollitt. They got these younger players on cheat deals, so they want to see what's going on with them. So if anybody's thinking about Ezekiel Elliott coming back, that's not happening.
Speaker 6: And know by the way they already gave his number away.
Speaker 8: Oh man, that's rough wing where somebody give us a number way that quick.
Speaker 5: But I know you were driving up yesterday to Oxnar, so you didn't really get to catch that that full padded practice that they had the other day. But from from you just being there now, I see the players in the background warming up for practice. What is your feel like about the first round, Prick Mazzie Smith. I mean, I've seen a lot of reports out there. It seems like he's dominant the trenches early and often what you would love to see. But what is your vibe around camp and what is he looking like so far early in this camp?
Speaker 7: So when I get done with you guys, the person I go immediately find is Nate Newton, and I watch practice with Nate and I just we just start going down and looking at the different offensive and defensive lineman and so that is what I'm going to go do. Stand next to Nate Newton and the next player's lines. I will have a full report for you because Nate does not miss when it comes to these offensive defensive line because he knows exactly what to look for. So I go find Nate because he's my Yoda when it comes.
Speaker 2: To these guys. So is Nate the same?
Speaker 4: Has he given you any feedback on the offensive line so far? Because you don't have Zach martinair, We're still figuring out about Tyren Smith, Like, how are we looking on the offensive line? Because I've been reading that the defensive line has been dominating you know in camp. Is that because the defensive line is just that good? Or do you see our offensive line that struggling trying to figure out what rotation we're going to be in especial So with a new offensive line coach, I.
Speaker 7: Think it's a little bit of both right there. I mean this this defense is good, Okay, the defensive guys. Talking to Lake vander USh yesterday, vander Rush mentioned Super.
Speaker 8: Bowl ok goodness, and yes, yes he did.
Speaker 2: He went there to bring it up.
Speaker 7: Okay, he talked about Super Bowl winning a championship. Mike McCarthy today said he's never had a team with this much defensive line depth. This is a guy who's won a Super Bowl in his career, who's had a team go fifteen in one of the regular seasons. So when you see that this defensive line is having, you know, a little bit of an edge on the offensive line, that's nothing to be shocked at. You saw the video yesterday when Michael Parsons went past Tyres Smith, and Tyres Smith.
Speaker 6: You know, I mean, what a good look for him.
Speaker 7: But that's how great Parsons is and you got a guy on that defensive line. So this right now looks like a strength of the football team. Where we get done with practicing to be able to put more eyes and look intently at the defensive tackle position because I've got to be able to stop the run. And also when I sit down and talk today, I'll ask him about how much further along is this defensive line versus the offensive line and looking and seeing it where guys are your man's Josh Ball is starting at right tackle right now, place Zack Martin, So we'll see hooda.
Speaker 8: Hey, I've never seen you know, Tyron Smith look like that in the practice.
Speaker 5: I'm saw you guys all see the clip where you know Parsons, which the guy's a beast, But I've never seen somebody kind of just hip toss Tyron Smith like that. So that's gonna be a battle at camp that I'm looking forward to watching.
Speaker 2: But hum, what do you know? Okay, you're looking forward to see it.
Speaker 4: We just watched. Let me tell you something. I watched the fight on Saturday night. Okay, so no, I'm not looking no, No, I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to stay healthy. That's not what I want to see.
Speaker 4: It was. We're depending on Tyron Smith to be our starting left tackle. That is not what I want to see as we're in camp, all right, I don't want to see anything that could possibly get you injured, because those are movements that could possibly get you.
Speaker 2: It is up. It made you cringe when you sign number seventy seven. Go everyone, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 7: It's not happening today. Okay, guys, I guarantee it's not happening today. Wow, Because Mike McCarthy said they're gonna bet michaeccrty said they're gonna have tiring.
Speaker 4: Just an individual today already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 7: Looks good though, man, to tell you, right, now, guys, he looks good.
Speaker 6: Guys, looks good man.
Speaker 5: We don't heard that so much. But we're talking about back to back to Mike mccarthur. You have mentioned him a little bit ago. Do you feel that he's he's feeling the pressure because this is a huge year. This is a huge year for Mike McCarthy's taking over play calling duty, and he's basically saying, Hey, I'm gonna put it all on my shoulders. If I go down with the ship, I'm gonna go down swimming, swimming, swinginging. Do you see or do you feel any pressure with Michae McCarthy going into this year.
Speaker 6: No, I don't. I really don't.
Speaker 7: I think Mike McCarthy would a better play caller than what they've had the past couple of seasons.
Speaker 6: So I'm not that worried about it.
Speaker 7: Look, this is gonna be a team that is a defensive football team. They've got to figure out exactly how they want to mix other people. Antony Pollard run the football, and if Brandon Cook stays healthy, they're going to have some weapons here. I'm not really worried about the play calling that.
Speaker 6: I'm just not I mean, Mike's done this before the guys won a Super Bowl. Here's the interesting thing. Okay, Sean Payton call the plays.
Speaker 7: Everybody praise the Sean all day long, as they should because he's really good. But Sean Payton, you start to look at his win loss record, super Bowl wins, it's right there on McCarthy and they do the same thing.
Speaker 6: It's just Mike is not this guy that plays to.
Speaker 7: The media and talks and gives you all these great sound bites the.
Speaker 6: Way Sean Payton does.
Speaker 7: But I just think some of that is almost amount of disrespect the act like this guy is just some bum off the street.
Speaker 6: The guy's a pretty good play called his career.
Speaker 2: Guys, I listen. I believe it. Mike.
Speaker 4: I've been asking fun to call the players since he got here. Okay, show us what you learned in the lab. We know that the game has changed a little bit, soins the last time you have call plays, and now you had an opportunity to come in and show what you can do. And now everything is on you. It's on you and your quarterback. And I think that's how Mike wants it. So I'm excited to see what looks like once we get into the seasons now a preseason game. I'm just excited to see Mike McCarthy call plays in live action. And the thing is, we've been talking about what Mike McCarthy's playing offense is going to look like, and we hadn't seen it in three years so far, so him getting that opportunity. Schottenhammer got interviewed yesterday. He talked a little bit about the offense, but I think what we all want to see is the weaponry bringing Brandon Cooks, but you know that you're gonna need more than that to complement CD and Michael Gallup. Guys like Cavante Turpin. We haven't talked about him, but I think all last year, because of that deficiency with the wide receivers, we were looking for a playmaker. How what are your expectations for him in this offense and with Mike McCarthy's players. Well, for me, I believe you know Cavante Turpin, he's one of those explosive guys that when.
Speaker 5: He gets the ball in his hands, anything can happen. I mean, we've seen he's a Pro Bowl returner out there. We could see what he can do with the ball in his hands. I was surprised last year he didn't get more opportunities, whether it's a jet suite for kind of a screen, just to get the ball in his hands in open space. And I'm looking forward to seeing him getting more opportunities in this Mike McCarthy offense.
Speaker 8: I can see him being that fourth receiver.
Speaker 5: That gadget guy. They may line him up in a backfield next to Tony polor something like that. So I'm interested to see what he can do this season. But he is explosive once he gets the ball in his hands.
Speaker 2: I don't feel the same. Oh all right, I want him to be a returner.
Speaker 4: I want that to be what he focuses on and what he does. Okay, cause we always get to this thing where we're like.
Speaker 2: The more weapons the better.
Speaker 4: Nah man, No, you got you got lu CD lamb Yap, who's gonna demand the rock? Okay, you got Brandon Cooks who is gonna demand the rock? Okay, you just drafted a tight end in the second round. You got Tony Poler who's gonna demand the rock.
Speaker 2: We don't what with f fourth receiver? What we just saying?
Speaker 4: And so No, when I when I'm looking at I'm saying, if we're talking about we're gonna run the ball as much as Mike McCarthy has said we're gonna run the ball, then I don't see us getting down to the fourth receiver being that type of uh, having that type of impact on this game.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: You you you need to have the top two, which is gonna be Brandon Cooks and Cede Lamb. You got Tony Pauler, who you're paying ten million dollars, and then your quarterback. All right, how's your officer line?
Speaker 2: Look? And work through those three? And I think you'll be okay? What about you? Man?
Speaker 6: So okay?
Speaker 7: So here's the question I have, based on what you're telling me, Danny, how many touches a game combined? Do you see Cavante Turpin at Deuce Vaughan happening for the cowboy?
Speaker 6: Which it will make you feel comfortable.
Speaker 4: You know what, if Duce Vaughan really breaks into that roster spot to where he's used as a weapon, I would expect them to see maybe ten. But I'm saying seven and three offensive with Vaughn. I would say Vaughn gets the majority of those carries, because, like you said, we're trying to figure out how many reps Tony Paula's gonna be able to get. I can see Duce von being a person who can spell Tony Pollard way more than a guy like Cavante Turpy can. So yes, gadget plays if you run a speed sleep double reverse, stuff like that, you throw Turping in for something like that are to be a to disguise, and it's trying to trick the defense. But other than that, I'm not seeing them on the field as an offensive threat that much. He had an opportunity last year. Then you saw t Y Hilton come in and then beat the guy at the end when when Turping was already.
Speaker 2: On the roster.
Speaker 4: So it's something that they're seeing or something that he's not able to do that that that they're just saying. You know, we're gonna go to a guy like Duce Vaughan and see what we can make happen.
Speaker 7: And Louie, I think you got a better play caller now, you gofer disrespect.
Speaker 4: He called the same place for t Y Hilton to get get open and h you know what I'm saying, to catch a big time pass. So I'm not gonna put that one on killing I put enough on killing Moore as far as you know his effect on the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, noui yea.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that, you know, during OTA's I kind of have to thought watching both of them play, knowing that the only way that deuce Van can make the team is also his contribution on special teams. So that's also going to be as a returner in some sense. How does him and Cavante turfing coexist in that lane when that's been in How Covante has got his claim the fan.
Speaker 5: That's the thing that's gonna be difficult because to me, you got a Pro Bowl return. I mean, how many times did we watched last year. We're like, man, he's that close. He was that close to breaking a big one. I mean, I think you got dynamite in his hand. So I wouldn't mind him staying at that return spot. And duece fan like, like you said, he can be that kind of gadget guy screen guy, because look, no disrespect, but we know he's not picking up any blocks.
Speaker 8: I mean, he's not picking up through I think that's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: So for him to be on the field, he's got to have to either have the ball in his hands in some instant or kind of be a distraction. And I can see him having that type of role, But as far as spelling Tony Pollat, I'm not sure sure because we don't we don't have that that bell cow back right now, because not even Tony Pollard is really that bell cow back.
Speaker 8: He's on, you know, fifteen to seventeen touch kind of guy.
Speaker 5: We don't have a guy that can go in there and give you three clouds in the three yards in a cloud of dust and keep things moving.
Speaker 8: So we'll see how the cowboys do with that.
Speaker 4: Let me and let me tell you that's okay. I know, I know it's bad. Duvon his father Okay is up there telling him, Hey, man, watch what the pep's doing on the personal protectors doing on punt team. Okay, figure out what you can do on punt return team to help Turp and get free right. How versatile can you be because if Turpin is gonna be here right and you need to be here too, and y'all battling for the same spot, then you have to be able to do more things right outside of being a returner. So I expect them to see if he's on the roster, I expect them to see him making some tackles, running down there is I.
Speaker 2: Expect them to see.
Speaker 4: I expect to see him doing those type of things versus being a returner. Know y'all gotta ask you, man, you've been down there, you just got there. We talked a little bit offline about Jerry Jones comments. Uh, he's been talking to the media. He's talked about a current player and a former coach.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You got to give me your thoughts on what he said about Zach Martin and also this saga that's going on between him and Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 6: With the Jimmy Johnson soag. I go back into last year.
Speaker 7: When I sat down talked to Jerry one on one and I called it petty. I actually said that Jerry, this is petty and Penny continue.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's because Jimmy wrote the book, and Jimmy wrote a whole chapter on he and Jerry his book Swagger, and Jerry didn't appreciate it. But for him to come out and say that Jimmy's not the only coach that deserves consideration for the Cowboys Ring of Honor and then ask the follow up like, well who, and he's got nothing. That just tells you the petty and its of where we're at here. And that's sad to see because those two gentlemen revived the Dallas Cowboys franchise and it became of the team of the nineties, and the fact that Jimmy's not in that Ring of Honor, it's a shame that Jimmy had said in the interview to me, He's like, you know what, if Jerry just put me in, it'll all be over. You know, you just put me in one day and just be done with it. So I don't know why Jerry keeps doing that.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you think it'll it'll happen though, I mean, we've gotten to this one. He's been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Every time someone asked him a question about it, kind of dances around it, but ultimately the power is here is to put him in the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 2: Do you think it happens.
Speaker 6: Right right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 7: No, this is the second year that we've asked about it, and he's duck his heels in even more. I mean to come up and say, well, there's other coaches who there is no the's.
Speaker 2: No one else.
Speaker 7: No, you're not going to put Barry Switzer in the Ring of Honor. You're just You're just not You're not putting Barry Switzer in the Ring of Honor. I'm sorry, and I know he was a Super Bowl winning head coach, but come on now, if Barry runs up in that thing with with a blue jacket before Jimmy Johnson, Mary may get booed out there cowboy fans and should get booed at. I mean, come on, it's just it's just stopped. I mean, you know, what are we doing here? It doesn't it doesn't make sense. And they have the media party tonight and I'm sure he'll probably get asked about it offline as well, like come on, man, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: But we'll see the guy's talking about. A guy that won't get booed by cowboy fans is Zach. But he's doing something. And you heard Jerry Jones talk about it. Jerry just kind of let it and I'm paraphrasing I gotta pay, I gotta pay, Micah. You know, but you guys, as players that have dealt with contracts and know how this whole thing goes. What do you think about Zach Martin stands, and also what do you think about Jerry's response to that?
Speaker 2: You know what, you know.
Speaker 4: I can't remember a time where I heard Jerry speak this way about a contract situation, pretty much like like you said, digging your heels in and saying, hey, it is what it is pretty much, and I got bigger fish at this point to Fry, We're making sure we get Michael Parson's paid. And oh, by the way, there are other people who were going to are gonna need to be paid on the roster as well. So Zach Martin, I think it's kind of he's down there on that list and they say, he listen, we got you in the contract for another two years. Danny, you've been worried about this offensive line all off season. This has to give you the VGs you gotta be, I mean, because you need Zach Martin and this is the wrong for him to be on out Like the only team that scares me about the Zach Byrton thing is if he goes to pick up a you know, an old old tactic that Trent Williams used back in Washington where he actually did sit out the whole year, you know, for different reasons.
Speaker 2: But there are players who have been willing to do this type of thing. Uh.
Speaker 4: So that scares me a little bit. But me knowing Zach Martin for the little time that I have known him, and then knowing that he he wants to be a Hall of Fame player. He wants to be a part of a team that's possibly going to win the Super Bowl I have, or at least be competitive. And this is the team that is going to be able to do that as long as they remain healthy, and he's going to be an integral part of that. So I think it's gonna be hard for him to sit on the sideline.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: They'll have a discussion, uh, figure something out, and I think he'll be get my purse.
Speaker 2: You take care of your hope, because I not let me let me tell I don't care how good the defense is.
Speaker 4: You don't have no officive line coming in here with all these weapons that we got you and Trump he did air quotes, you got six weapons.
Speaker 2: He's needed. He's needed here.
Speaker 5: And like you said, he's not only the best offensive lineman that the Cowboys have, but he's arguably the best offensive lineman in the National Football League right now outside of Trent Wins. I think Trent Williams probably the best overall. But right behind him is a Zach Martin.
Speaker 8: And if you.
Speaker 5: Look at the you know, the pay scale here, he's the best guard in the league, but he's six million dollars behind the highest paid guard. I think it's a guy from Indianapolis, Nelson, So I understand where he's coming from. He's like, look, man, I'm the first guard to ever get a ninety nine on Madden. I'm the best. You see the ninety nine club, Like I'm still in my prime. Kind of like he's still at the top of his game, and he understands that, look, y'all need me, y'all need me to have this offensive line work together as a unit. I'm the thing that kind of jails everything together. So he's playing his leverage, and to me, it's kind of a smart move because what has he got to lose. I mean, look, I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna make X amount of money anyways, so let me go out here and see if I can get paid a little bit extra. To me, it's a smart move because the Cowboys need him outside of Dak Prescott. I think he's the most important offensive guy that they had. I mean because if he's under pressure all day. We understand what happens with Dak Prescott when he's under pressure all day. Hey what Zach Martin not being there? It could be it could be some trouble. So I think it's a smart move on his behalf. But they got to get something done before the regular season starts.
Speaker 7: All right, So you guys, you are looking at it, You're zooming, and I'm gonna zoom out here a little bit. And one of the things Jerry spoke about, He's like, hey, now you've been paid at the top of the market for a while here, because when Zach got his dealed, Jerry wrote the check made him the highest paid guard of the game, and Zach and his agents were also the ones who willingly decided to do the deal for six years.
Speaker 2: So Jerry's like, hey, I did my part.
Speaker 6: For you, and you and your agent.
Speaker 7: Everybody understands how long these TV deals work and that the market's.
Speaker 6: Gonna go up. But he did take care of Zach and put him there. I'm just and that's part of his point thing.
Speaker 7: The other part that we don't know about is while he just worked on that deal and got it done for Trevon Diggs, what other deals is he? Is he working on something for Cede Lamb? And as you're working your cap and your numbers here and you've working on maybe something for Dak how much does l By the way, if I give Zach Martin six million dollars right now or whatever he and his agent may want, how does it mess up or prevent me from getting exactly what I'm trying to get done with player other you know, player X and Y behind the scenes. That's something that I think is pretty interesting that that maybe I'll ask if I if I can ask somebody else in the organization, you know, kind of give me some stuff off the record.
Speaker 6: How that plays into it?
Speaker 7: Because we saw the Digs deal get done, you got to know they're trying to work on some other guys that get done. Because I'll say this, I would love to get Ceedee Lamb done. And if I'm the Cowboys before George Jefferson.
Speaker 4: Get done, oh absolutely would say justin Jefferson get yeah. But you know what, I got a newslash for you guys, the best defensive player in the league plays for the Dallas Cowboys. His name is Michael Parsis the Wazooka. Look, we don't play some bills just like we gotta pay Micah. It would be back players.
Speaker 10: Last once he used the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products. Check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker tim bucks free shipping.
Speaker 9: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away. Put the power of cry in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For crypto pros, rookies and anyone in between. Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's Team.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 6: Want to stay at a team.
Speaker 11: Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me. Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The official twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Training Camp Preview is now available. This year's edition feature scouting reports, position analysis, a pull out schedule, poster, and articles from your.
Speaker 2: Favorite Cowboy writers.
Speaker 4: Get your Training Camp Preview today at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Star back in action.
Speaker 4: On the Players Lounge and knew he has dropped off because you know they about to start hit and so you know it was perfect time for them to step away. But one of the things that we've been talking about on our chat is just trying to figure out who it are those guys on this roster that obviously a Trump battling for a position.
Speaker 2: We were talking a little bit about this.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to it because I believe that your discussion about the running back room, especially now that Jones has been has been suspended for two games that they just announced that yesterday, Now that opens things up for that position group for guys that you may not even consider to even make the squad now possibly make it. Listen, as we went into it, and we talked about Jones before we stopped our podcast.
Speaker 2: We were all still wondering he was going to make the roster. That's what I'm saying. Okay, so freeing up the spot.
Speaker 4: We know that his role on the roster, he was probably the only one in that role of like he was going to be that, hey man, it's fourth and two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like how can we get it done?
Speaker 4: But now he's going to give other guys opportunities to go out and show that they can do that, or give Mike McCarthy enough time to draw up some more fourth and two players where you say, you know what, maybe maybe we don't have to just line up and run power when it's fourth and too. We can get a little bit more creative with some of the weapons that we have back here. So absolutely, guy like Duce fun is very happy. I'm not gonna say happy, you know, but yeah, he ain't said he wasn't saying there the news.
Speaker 2: Oh for real.
Speaker 4: This is when you start. This is when you as a player, you start to say, man things, you know, all the chips falling in my favor right now, blessing me. Right, I get drafted to the team and my Daddy works for now, all of a sudden, this dude get two game suspension. Now I'm I'm moving up a spot on the roster, getting more opportunities, and I ever thought that I was gonna get so Yeah, the running back room is probably one of the most competitive uh uh position groups on the team at this moment. That and then you know, officer line were still trying to figure it out. I won't even consider that like a competition. We just at that point it is just putting a puzzle together just because we want. We don't know who's gonna be healthy who's not. But that running back room, that's that's one to watch, just.
Speaker 5: To piggyback off here running back and yeah, he gotta be charged right now. Like he said, everything is kind of falling right into place. And I mean it happens with me and you were coming in here as undrafted guys. It kind of just kind of fell the way. I mean, we worked hard, we trained.
Speaker 8: For you know, and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: But you know, injury here, you know, guys not showing up the mini camp here and there gave me and Daddy all the reps we needed and we were able to take advantage and That's the big thing that he's gonna have to do is take advantage of the reps you're given. Because right now you got Tony Poler coming back from an injury. Like you said, Rojo's gonna be out for two games if he makes the squad going into the season. So these guys, Rico Dial well the Mike Davis says, they're gonna have to take full advantage of the opportunities they're given, and hopefully they can't do so and show the Cowboys something. But when you talk about guys that to me, gotta have a good camp and gotta go out there and shoulder a game or at least shoulder coaches something each and every day, like, oh.
Speaker 8: Man, he got better at this, he got better at that. I'm gonna have to go back to my guy, man Neville Gallimore.
Speaker 5: I mean, I didn't think he would be in this position, you know, at this point in his career, because I thought he was gonna be shooting up like a rocket. But it just didn't seem to work like that last year. And then as you said earlier, they added a Manzi Smith. I mean, you got guys in there, oh DIGGI Zua, you got a lot of competition for that interior defensive tackle position right there, So he's gonna have to show these coaches each and every day at practice. Man, he's gotten better at this rush movie. He can hold the point of attack right here. He's gonna have to show some each and every day and including these preseason games if he's gonna want a roster spot of this season.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, I mean, you bring up a wonderful point because Neville Gallimore, I think for the last couple of years before he got the elbow injury, he was one of those guys that they looked at as being just kind of penciled in, just a high energy guy. But you lose a Carlos Watkins, and how do you replace that energy from Carlos Watkins. And that's why we talked about guys like Chauncey Golston because you want to see those third year guys absolutely start to take a little bit more onus on this in that defensive line rotation. But I am so happy that you back because I want to ask you about your LSU Titan Jabrill comes because we talk about guys that's looking to make the roster and I'm not saying that, maybe because he does things on special teams as well, and he's solidified himself with Bones Fossil. But are you in a position when you think about him as a linebacker, you guys playing you know those roles in the box. What do you think about him and where he is right now coming back from that knee injury two years removed? You know special teams, which is you know, like when you look at our roster, you look at our linebackers and then you throw in the bone Clark. So let's he's already jumped Jabril Cox to me because he came off an injury to me early and then he showed signs of what he was at LSU and I've met the guy and he's focused, he ready to go. So Jabrill Cox, I think that in order to make the roster, he needs to stay in good graces with Bones Fossil because that will be ninety percent of of his role on the team this season. But I think he still has the opportunity to get better. Like we said, there's seventeen games of the season now, eighteen four weeks and then you include the playoffs. Guys are gonna get hurt guys are gonna miss time. It's what he does if he gets the opportunity to then get in the game. And he showed some flashes of it, but he has to be a lot more consistent if he wants to have a long, long term role on a defense like this, because this type of defense, when you have a good defense, it puts pressure on other players who then come in when somebody gets injured to say, hey man, if you not ready, it's another guy waiting.
Speaker 2: You got to play up to this standard.
Speaker 4: This is the standard that you have to play up to and if you're not able to do it, then we can go find somebody else. And Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy they have shown that they willing to go get somebody else. So Jabril Cox he got an uphill battle. But hey man, I always say this, be best friends with that special teams coach, and then when your opportunity presents itself, make sure that you maximize it because if you don't, it'll be over BEFO.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 4: And it is my opinion that this defense the only group that you can look at to say this is the one group that really can't separate them into being that elite defense, because if you look up front, you think that they have the pieces with bringing in the Mansie Smith. You look at now everybody saying that that Michael Parsons is a defensive end.
Speaker 2: He's we're in agreeing to that. Yeah, he's a defensive end.
Speaker 4: You look at your cornerbacks now with Diggs and Gallimore and Gilmore and your safeties, I believe you feel you feel pretty comfortable, you feel pretty confident about it. But your linebackers, I think that's where the separation is. And that's why you're talking about a guy like Jabrell Cox who's had all of that expectation placed on him taking the next leap, but also DeMont Clark. I have high expectations for them. I have high expectations for him coming Like I said, coming out the injury last year, I thought he came back early. Those are not was a neck injury out, but it's not. Those are not injuries to play with, and it takes you some time to then feel comfortable enough to go out there and play relentless like you usually do because you're not really sure this is now a you're removed from that where he then got some playing time last year, which we didn't expect, and he showed shignes to me being being a player that we saw him be at LSU. So I think this year him looking at him at LVE once you get mid seasoning being a hell of a force out there as our linebackers, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That can be a heck of a duo, especially on the Montclark like you were saying, I mean the guy he took a jump last year.
Speaker 8: I mean you saw him.
Speaker 5: Some have some mistakes out there, but that's that's gonna that's gonna happen to rookies. I mean, especially at the linebackers. You gotta read everything out there, you know, run past option. I mean it's tough as a linebacker. But him getting more comfortable in dan Quinn's system, he should have a breakout year. I mean the guy he has all the all the traits, I mean sideline, the sidelines, as far as speed, he can cover guys out there, he comes downhill, so he has all the traits. Can he put it together and have a complete season. I'm looking forward to seeing it now. That's that's one of the things that I like about him. His coverage ability as well. I think he's really good in coverage.
Speaker 4: But the Marvin Overshan from the University of Texas, I think he also puts pressure on this linebacker group as well, because, as you know, Dan Quinn loves those tweener guys. Guys they can do to more than one thing. He's not only a linebacker, but he's also a hybrid safety kind of in you know, in the same lane as a Javon Curse. So you know, like I said, I talk about the linebacker group, but I talk about those guys in terms of them being the piece that you need to go into the stratosphere of being an elite defense. But moving on to the next topic, guys, and I'm gonna charge this when the Barry Church because he.
Speaker 2: Forced this on the topic.
Speaker 4: But my man, Dak Prescott is going viral for the wrong I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, what's going.
Speaker 3: On social media situation going on right now, guys, Dak is being killed in social media because of interceptions.
Speaker 12: In practice, Barry, Barry, Barry, Is it really as concerning or of people putting more on these Dak Prescott practiced interceptions than they need to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I embellished it a little bit, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm just you know, I like to, you know, to stir the pot a little bit, and every time I see an interception out there, I said it to you guys, like, man, what's going on?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 5: But as we look at this thing, I mean he I think he's trying to give confidence to the to the young wide receivers out there, because if we looked at.
Speaker 8: You know who he was throwing the ball to on those interceptions.
Speaker 5: I believe one of them was the Jaalen Tolbert, which was a deep one which na Shan Wright had amazing coverage on. I don't know why he should throw that, but maybe he was just trying to give the guy jump all opportunity out there. And then I saw the other one against Lee Cooker, which I don't know if he.
Speaker 2: Was under pressure or I that was just a bad one. That was a bad one. That was sure. He didn't even have to kind of put it right in into there.
Speaker 5: So all I'm saying is, look, man, we understand what happens when this offense is clicking on all cylinders. And that's when Dak Prescott has full command of the offense. He's up there at the line of scrimmage, pointing things out telling people you can just tell that that command. But when it's offense is fluttering a little bit, it's when he's turning the football over. And we saw that and against that forty nine Ers game in the playoffs. I mean, those were.
Speaker 8: Two very bad interceptions out there. So to me, is it camp? You know, interceptions happen in camp.
Speaker 5: We've seen it, you know, tons and tons of times, and guys come out during a regular season and ball out. So to me, maybe I'm putting little bit too much on it. But that's one category that he said he was gonna get better at, is not turning the football over and decision making. And from those interceptions, those were two extremely bad decisions that were made by Dak Prescott. So hopefully he's getting them all out of his system in camp and when the season rolls around he's dotting them up. But to me, that's something that he's he's got to work on.
Speaker 2: We talk about practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure they putting it in a new offense, new offense to play college trying to figure some stuff out. He's trying to figure out. We saw we saw we seen two own deep balls right where you're trying to figure out exactly where I should put it. Who's going to be my deep ball guy, right because it was Gallup, but now he got Cooks and you got CD so figure trying to work out that kind of connection with those guys. That's the time you take the chance in training camp. So I would expect to see them in training camp. And I'm actually happier that it's on deep balls than like bad reads.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Guys come across on the dig or getting tricked on cover stuff like that. He's seeing one on one out there, he's taking his shot. He short at one ball, but other than that, he's giving his receivers a chance to go out there and make a place. So I'm not worried about those. The bad reads are the ones. Right, it was cover three, he's running the out route and during the season and you're like, huh, oh, you threw it to the other side this one or ceedee lamb runs a jerk rod in the cover too, and you throw it right to where the corner is, you know what I'm saying, Playing in the flat like those are the ones where you say, nah, that's that's not on He throwing the fifty yard deep ball and then somebody goes to make a play. He got a brand new toy out there with Brandon Cooks. It makes sense, hey, man, try it out. Try it out now, because I don't want you to figure that out in the season, because last year we did have an issue with finding somebody who could be that deep ball threat, which is why when t Y Hilton came in, you were like, Okay, we got a deep threat.
Speaker 2: Nah, Brandon Cooks is here.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna see if he's going to be the guy who we've been watching in New Orleans and then Houston and LA. I want that same Brandon Cooks to come here and be a difference maker on our offense.
Speaker 2: Nobody has been harder on that than you have.
Speaker 4: Man throughout the season, when he started throwing those turnovers, you talking about him, No, I'm talking about you. Hey, y'all was taking I said that. I said he was gonna get it right. This ain't the player to let me ask my question. Then here's my question to you. But because you've heard these things in the media about him and we have that opportunity to talk, I'm just I'm not worried about what I'm saying is yeah, when you have a guy that comes out and says, look, I threw fifteen last year, I'm not gonna throw that. Well, what is ten? I won't throw that many interceptions? Do you think it's something that for him as the leader, as his team, as one of the top ten quarterbacks in the NFL, is that something that he should be talking about?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't put a number on my on my picks because right after that we seen Siddy Fork drop drop a past and get intercepted. Like, ten interceptions in the season is not a lot. Like players go out there and go forty and ten. You go forty and ten, You're great. You're all doing great, right, So that's not even a lot, especially with an added game. Just go out there and focus on being a person who says I'm gonna protect the ball better than I did last season. Me, I'm gonna do everything I can to protect the ball better than I did last season. Now because we know some of those interceptions weren't on him, some of those are dropped. So I'm I'm going to do the best that I can to protect the ball, and then my teammates are gonna you know, they gonna have my back and make sure they do it as well.
Speaker 2: I think that that is better than I'm not gonna team I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's you know what I'm saying. That's right, dude's throwing you know what I'm saying. That might be at who's throwing ten?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: I think Josh Allen through ten. Pat mahonmes Aaron Rodgers is the only person who go out there throw forty and six dudes be throwing interceptions. Bros. It's just a game. When you go out there and throw sixty times, We'll.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you all this.
Speaker 5: Then, going into the season, we understand there's pressure on this team. I mean if there's pressure on on the head coach, especially the quarterback as well. Can y'all see him going out there this season and kind of pressing the issue out there, like you know, I gotta I gotta show my critics, got to show people like myself that hey, I can go out here and I could.
Speaker 8: Be one of these elite quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Or do you think he'll let the game kind of come to him and he'll go back to that Dak Prescott that we've seen in the past where he might not light you up numbers wise, but he's gonna protect the football and that's going to correlate to wins. Where do you see Where do you see Dak going.
Speaker 2: Into the season.
Speaker 4: I've always been of the assumption, especially with the with the turnovers, is is that who you are?
Speaker 2: Is that your id? That's not who he is.
Speaker 4: I mean, he came in the league setting records at not turning the ball over. It's been his mo I'm not going to turn the ball over. But I think in this new offense, it gives him an opportunity now not to do exactly what you just said is press. He didn't have to he has. Now you have some than in Brandon Cooks. Your two years with your rookie, well, now your second year tight ends that maybe the synergy, maybe the way that they are right now, not coming off of that injury and him having more understanding of this offense. I don't expect for him to try and press the way that he was last year. I think that when he came back from that five game coming back from the injury.
Speaker 2: He was pressing because he was here. I don't about.
Speaker 4: Y'all saw y'all saw, and y'all saw that he was pressing. He was doing things that you wouldn't normally necessarily think that that Dak would be doing, sowing into areas, the communication between his receivers were completely off. I just don't see him doing that again, especially knowing the way that impacted the team. Our offense was completely dead in the water versus San Francisco. We could do nothing. This is why I don't think any of this is relevant. Okay, I think the only thing relevant is how war does your offensive line play and is your running game there. If it's not, I believe you're gonna have the same issues that you had last season. You think they're running it, No, No, I believe Listen, I'm saying if it's not, if they don't figure out a way to control the game by running the ball and playing to your defense, same thing I said last year, same thing we all talked about last year. If you don't find a way to do that, then pressing is the only thing, only option that you have, because then you have to put it in your quarterback hands and he feels like he has to do more because the offensive line is not playing well, not protecting well, not opening up.
Speaker 2: Running gaps, and then your running game is not.
Speaker 4: Doing anything for you such your defensive a fair right. So first down, what do you do You say, Okay, we get second and nine, we're gonna run it and get on second and nine, or we're gonna we're gonna take take a shot and throw it on first down. So to me, that like that is that is the game. You have a great defense, You're supposed to have a great defense. How's your offensive line? Can you run the ball like you said you are not? You're right, we'll be using the weapons. We're using the tight end and forward sing we do everything else. You be weaponed up. We do know that Dak isn't fighting for a roster spot. There a there are awesome guys and we talk mentioned Simmi Fohoka. We got some guys that are definitely fighting for their football life and we goa talk about them some more, finding out who's hot who's not.
Speaker 2: Coming up next on the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new Smoothie Bowls. From Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweet berries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut Butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Once you use the cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincarea plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket. So no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 2: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 9: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour of the Star, and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounde.
Speaker 4: The recently crowned twenty twenty three Come Cook Caffe Gold Cup champion Mexican men's national team will take on Australia on Saturday, September ninth at at and T Stadium as part of the twenty twentieth anniversary of the Mechs Tour. Don't miss another exciting soccer matchup in Arlington Tickets are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticket and provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: That was a team effort, right, We got it done. We got it done. Are you going? You worked that hard to get that? Are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to now.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But guys, we were talking before the break, we were talking about guys that are on the bubble trying to make this team, and you brought up Neville Gallimore.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know who your guy was.
Speaker 4: You didn't get a chance to deep dive into anybody that you're looking at right now that may possibly be.
Speaker 2: On the bubble.
Speaker 4: Options No, I mean before this it was Ronald Jones. Now I'm like he moved further out on that bubble. I think duce Van is another guy who's on the bubble, but I would like to see him make the roster.
Speaker 2: Uh one.
Speaker 4: It's a very very good story for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: But I think he has some talent.
Speaker 4: I think you can use him in a lot of different ways, especially if you could find a way to maximize his skill set. We know it's not blocking, but can you be a distraction and confused defensive coordinators while you're out there, or can you be one of those guys like Darren Spros right who is a mismatch come out of the backfield no matter what, No matter what the matchup is, you say, this guy here might win. I've seen have you been seeing the routes that b Jon Robinson.
Speaker 2: Has been running the guys?
Speaker 4: So you say, okay, all right, third down, if I can get Deuce Vanna look any thing like that? Right, If Tony Pollard is out or he needs a spell, then you got yourself a win. You do, that's a win. So I want to see him be able to show that he can do that on the roster. But you know, if he doesn't, then.
Speaker 2: He might not.
Speaker 4: You know, I want to pick up kind of piggyback on what you're talking about about deuced fun because the running back position is just as interesting as a wide receiver room was last season, because Tony Pollard really benefited from the one two punch of Ezekiel elepis.
Speaker 2: Not going to have that this year.
Speaker 4: I know we've talked that nause him about can he take the load and all of that.
Speaker 2: We really worry about third.
Speaker 4: What he could do a third Dow Are you guys sure that you know that RB two is necessary for him or can he be that BT we mentioned you Bell cal guy, the guy that can do it.
Speaker 2: You don't take all of that. All of them need.
Speaker 4: All the teams who have been successful lately need a number two running back who's serviceable.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: That's from Cincinnati with Joe Mixon, was it? P Ryan right there with Dalvid Cook has Madison As far as having a good running game, like all these is Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon up there in Green Bay, like all these teams have a won two punch. It's no longer one of those things where you could just have one unless you have the one and only Christian McCaffrey. Are Derek Henry, But Derek Henry. As far as when you get in the past game, it's a lot different. Right when they when they clogging up the holes and not let him get through their running the ball, you got an issue, right, Christian McCaffrey is like, he's that guy like I can't run it. That's all right, I can wrap you up, right. So if you don't have one of those guys, yeah, you need a wont two punch. And Tony Pollard, Yes, we haven't seen him carry the full season, getting all the carries the entire playbook. I don't think that that's something that we want to see, pecially in the seventeen game season when you're pretty sure you're going to be in the playoffs.
Speaker 8: And that's what gets me nervous about this run game.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, I know McCarthy talked about we're gonna run football, maybe be more situational awareness than they were with Kellen Moore, but they haven't done anything as far as action wise to say, all right, this is gonna be our running game. And we know what Tony Baller brings to the table, but he's not creeping up on anybody this year. Everybody kind of understands what he can do in that backfield, so they're gonna be keen on what you know, Tony Poler can do out there.
Speaker 8: And like I said, he's a fifteen to seventeen touch guy. Who's gonna be that guy to spell them?
Speaker 5: I mean, I know we got you know, Mike Davis back there, you know, Rico dell Well, got Duces Vaughan. Those guys are competing for that backup role. But can they can they kind of be that that you know guy to kind of give.
Speaker 2: Them a spell.
Speaker 5: Take maybe ten touches off of Tony Pollard out there. We're gonna find out. But I haven't seen, you know, this team make any moves as far as.
Speaker 2: This is what we're focused on.
Speaker 8: This run game.
Speaker 5: It's what we're gonna do, because right now it's it's Tony Pollard or bust in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Who so so when you so Tony Pouler's not getting the entire playbook, I would hope that fourth and one is not going to Tony talk yet. Like when you line it up and you line it up in two tight end whatever four on the fourth and goal from the half Inchlaune, I'm not sure if that is Tony Pollard's role. Who who do you see? If there's no Ronald Jones right now? Getting that rose at Donald Davis.
Speaker 8: Because because the biggest wordy at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean ric o'dowdell, but he hasn't I don't believe that he's even played in in a game. So Malik Davis would be the other guy that you would think they would take leak. And that's why the Ghost of Ezekiel Elliot is Loise in these whole conversations because that's what people ask them. What are you gonna do on third down? What are you gonna do on third down? When you know the blitz is coming? Do you trust Tony Poller to be that person to pick up the blitz? That's why this this whole thing is interesting, especially when you say, Deuce Van isn't gonna be a guy that's in that blocking blocking linebackers?
Speaker 2: Second, are chipping? Are chipping INDs?
Speaker 4: You got to use rat But hey, man, if you're gonna if you're gonna run gun, you put your tight end right there, back back there, you know what I'm saying, Especially if you have a versatile one that they can also, Hey, if there's no rushing, you can get out and you know what I'm saying, go.
Speaker 2: Out for a pass.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna have to get creative, which is why your head coach, who has been in the lab could come up with stuff like that, bitch hoping what we see because because like the thing that would irk me the most is if what we're talking about now seeing these guys who we know who are not excellent, not good enough to be pass protecting on third down, when when everybody knows that you got to throw the ball, having them out there being pass protected and then it not working and everybody saying, well, we don't know what to do now, but we know, we know, we know them dudes are not the guys you want out there to be pass protected.
Speaker 2: So what is the solution to that?
Speaker 4: And hopefully once we get into the season we see what it is and we all sitting there like, yeah, all right, big mic I know, yeah, you go, big Mike.
Speaker 2: I know you had it up your sleeve. Man.
Speaker 4: I got to ask you guys, I mean you you guys have been in this pressure cooking situation that we're talking about about making an NFL roster. I mean right now, psychologically, as camp goes on, in the first week of camp, what is it like for some of those bubble guys that's having to deal with that pressure.
Speaker 8: You want to know how I lost my hair.
Speaker 2: Straight up?
Speaker 5: I mean, it.
Speaker 8: Is stressful, man, coming in undrafted, just knowing.
Speaker 5: I mean because when we got in there, we was like the fifth and sixth, seventh and eighth, you know, safeties out there, they were def at the position.
Speaker 8: So it's stressful.
Speaker 5: But you know, like I say, each and every week, you just got to go out there in each practice and show the coach is something, whether it's you know, special team man, this guy can get down the field, quicker man. This guy is great at the point of attacking, blocking, or you know, defensively man, this guy can cover pretty well.
Speaker 8: He understands the playbook. If you give the coaches.
Speaker 5: Something to talk about each and every you know, week or each and every practice out there, it's gonna be it's gonna be hard for them to get rid of you on the team. So you got to go out there and just kind of stand apart or try to stand apart. It's tough when you got a bunch of guys that coming in there. They were the best at in high school, they were the best in college. I mean, it's it's a doggy dog world, but it's.
Speaker 2: Stressful to you.
Speaker 4: I was the guy out there. I was like, made a bad play, look at him, look at him? All right, Yes, that's gonna be a negative. We're gonna watch the film make sure I don't do that. And every time, dude, mate, when I see him get yelled at or something, I'm like, yeah, all right, all right now, I need to make sure now because I know that the coach right now is thinking, okay, all right, we got an issue with this guy. And if I go in there and I run, because sometimes you get to run the same place, you get to try to make the same adjustments. They do the same motion across the field to see if you're gonna pick it up versus one the other dude did. And now I know, all right, now I can show that I know what the hell I'm doing and that dude just got yelled at. That's gonna stick in the coach's mind.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So I'm not praying for God to do bad. But when I see it, I'm like, oh, I get the capitalized on that. They're not gonna get me on the same thing they got him on, right, because I need to show that one I'm paying attention to two I can be dependable. And that actually worked out for us Man because it was a lot of vets. It was me Church. They had drafted the quaset of WUSUSA in the fourth he was hurt, and then you had Mike Hamlin, Pat Watkins, Alan Ball, Gerald Senseabaul on the roster. Allen Ball had just got moved from corner to safety, so they were still trying to figure that out as well. But Hamdling and Pat Watkins, they were actually injured a lot on a rep So at one point I think I was starting down. Yeah, rookie year drafted free agents, starting din playing special teams, and then he came in the next year and we'll starting safety. Yeah. So yeah, it just we just worked out for us man. That's what makes the players Lounge so unique. We got players talking about what's really going on in Oxnard, California. Camp rages on and the pads are on, so we're finding out who's who. A lot of pressure on a lot of players to make this. Fifty three will be back on Thursday at one pm here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. For Barry Church, for Danny mccred, has found its way back. For Matt Kenton in the back for holding down my man. Over here on the camera, I'm heck Maherrison. We'll see y'all on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.