Speaker 1: I am all inlets you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, one of them productions. iHeartRadio, iHeart Media, I heart Podcast. I'm joined by my intrepid crew, Tyre Suit, Danielle Romo. Jackie Are has blacked herself out. We can't see her.
Speaker 2: Our producer Jackie's here too.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jackie and Amy Sugarman, you know where you love her. This is season seven, Episode nine, Knit People Knit, and I think before we kick things off, we want to all acknowledge the life and the impact that one of our our close, close colleagues and dear friends, Sam Rubin Uh, had upon us. He passed away suddenly last week, and it was just such a shock because I know Amy Uh and Sam go back thirty years, and everybody on this podcast knows Sam, knows and loves him, because to know Sam, or even to be acquainted with him, is to love him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was a big supporter of mine for many.
Speaker 2: Years, was Scott.
Speaker 3: He really was really just such a great guy. I just saw him on the Critics Choice Red carpet. We did it.
Speaker 2: Because you guys just got to have a so glad because you guys got to have such a fun time to get.
Speaker 3: Twice I saw him on consecutive days, so h and I hadn't seen him in a year or so, and he's just such. He was just such a breath of fresh air and such a positive, sweet guy, loving guy.
Speaker 4: On the planet.
Speaker 3: And so I personally just want to send my condolences out to the family and friends. I saw his sixteen year old son going KTL coldly went on he read something he wrote for his dad, and I just cried, cried, cried. I think, as we all did. Sam's passing has impacted this town in a massive way, and people are still trying to wrap their heads around it because it's just left such a void in this town.
Speaker 2: So Jackie, our producer, Jackie, Danielle and I worked directly with him. So I've worked with him and he's been my friend for thirty years, and Danielle and I have worked directly for him for almost a decade. Every day, and so I can't even the fact that I'm not crying is only because I have literally been crying for a week straight. But I want to honor this man. You have no idea like he was the most special person to me. He treated me, he included me in everything. He fought to get me that job. He gave me so many opportunities. Danielle and I were talking earlier in thirty years. I never heard him raise his voice. He never said an unkind word, He never got irritated. We would text and say like, oh sorry, the guests that's supposed to be there in three minutes just canceled, and he would just be like, all good, and then he just get on the air and nail it like he was so talented. I've been so blessed to know him and work with him and just to be his friend. I mean, he just have me at the house. His children are incredible. He has four of the most incredible children.
Speaker 4: One of them who interned for us, Rory. She was, you know, a part of our iHeart family too. Yeah, and my heart goes out for.
Speaker 2: All or just heartbroken truly, like Scott knows in our group. Text and Scott, thank you because, like you know, you're just such a great support for us. But this guy, there's no there's nothing I can say because I could never say enough. And Jackie, I know you feel the same like the loyalty. This person showed me my whole career from the minute I met him in the nineties, like my entire career was my biggest like supporter. And I actually was thinking about, I'm so happy to have this podcast today because I'm trying not to cry. I really don't want to cry because I I get such a headache when I cry. So, watching Gilmore Girls last night, and I know this sounds like cheesy, was a really nice yes moment. It's like Gilmore Girls. You always talk about it, it does I really was okay for a minute. I got to just enjoy the show miracle. I liked the episode. You know, there's something so special and I think it's only fitting that Gilmore Girls aired on Sam's network. Yeah, in so many years, and he you know, interviewed everybody from Gilmore Girls. So I actually was really excited to do this podcast with you guys today, just to be together and like, oh, I don't want to cry.
Speaker 3: I had the same reaction to this episode because the other day, you know, I went into my doctor because I had some irritation in my back and they said, oh my god, you need to go get that taken care of. And we're all, you know, because of COVID, so many doctors and nurses just retired from the industry, so we're short here, so well outsource. It's it's close to your house to go over there. And the doctor saw me on an emergency basis. She goes, Oh my god, get on your stomach, and she just took a scalp, well what and and cut into it and squeezed it out and it's infected and it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: It was like an absessed like infected cyst or whatever it was. Yeah, And I had more novacated me that to kill a horse. And I could still whatever they gave me. But it was like, I said, more, just give me more. I can still feel it. She goes, there's no way you can feel it. I said, I've give me more anyway. So I'm like, I can barely sit on the couch. I gotta lie down on a pillow, like you know, I'm a Ruben's painting or something, and and watch TV. I can't do anything. I can't go to the gym, I can't move around that good. I haven't got stitches yet, but I'm in pain. So I got I got the nice tile and all, I got the pain killers, I got the antibiotics, and then Gilmour comes on and I'm like, yeah, yeah, this is nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 3: Right, it was really nice, really is And forget the pain. It made me forget everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we criticize it, we do our thing. You criticize us, but at the end of the day, like we're all in this because we love this show. You know, we really love the show, and that everyone that listens is so passionate and it's just like, you know what, it just it was I was excited to be with you guys today.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way. And I really love this episode. I mean a great episode. I thought it was great top to bottom. I thought it was a great episode. I thought everybody hit it out of the park.
Speaker 2: I put it out of the park. The ending scene was really good, which.
Speaker 3: I talk about, thought that was cool. Yeah, but it was a great episode. And they really went to town on the props with the giant spools of yarn and it was just like great and it was so totally and it kind of felt like, Okay, it looks like maybe stars Hollow might be spitting Christopher out.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, did I cringe when he donated that money. I was like, no, no, no, no, dude, no no, not the point, not the point.
Speaker 3: You missed the point.
Speaker 2: What's his heart?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Look, I know he's polarizing, but he's really trying and like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know who this episode he was like he was.
Speaker 2: He was and Jackson, I mean this. We needed the town back.
Speaker 3: Everyone did, and we really did get Richard.
Speaker 2: And Emily like, I think maybe the mistake of season seven was not here, please do, please do. I have so much anxiety that my mouth is dry. So everything I say I told Danielle my essays sounds so weird, but it's just because I'm so anxious. But anyway, I'll just it out. We'll just have a good time today. So we missed the town. I think the mistake that the writers made in season seven was not using the town in the episodes we've had as much, because now that we had them, it did feel gilmoury to me, not perfect, but it felt like we what we like.
Speaker 6: With the nitiphon and how everything combined, it felt like we're back to normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I can't. They can't do that every week.
Speaker 4: It's not budget friendly, you know, what Henny Ortega. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Of course, just drop your mic walkway.
Speaker 2: And once you know that, of course.
Speaker 3: Why would you say that and end the potty.
Speaker 7: You don't need to say anything Kenny Ortega, period way.
Speaker 3: There will be no critique today or breakdown at Kenny Ortega.
Speaker 4: Kenny Ortega's bye, everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, now we're going to get to it. Danielle. It's time to synopsisizations with Danielle Romo. That's that could be a new podcast.
Speaker 4: I can't even say the wordizing.
Speaker 3: It's synopsisization.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, this is season seven, episode nine, Knit People Knit Air date November twenty eight, two thousand and six. Lorlai is concerned that stars Hollow may not accept Christopher, Rory and Marty resolve their awkwardness but a drunk comment sorry until lizten DJ welcome and you baby girl, and Luke finally stands up to Anna about his relationship up with April.
Speaker 2: I also say I actually had some favorite lines in this.
Speaker 3: There was some funny stuff. Emily had a good one. You're like a dolphin at feeding time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So we are at the Gilmore's. Richard and Emily are back and immediately I noticed that very beautifully wrapped silver gift. Emily right on point, playing that answering machine message over and over and over again. I was so happy with the whole scene. Emily and Richard were awesome opening the gift, and it was that cave woman, woolf girlool girl painting woman thing. It was so amazing. The thing that I love, and this is the brilliance of Gilmour, is that it pops up. It's prominently featured during dinner, and that's Kenny Ortega is brilliance, I assume. And then back at the Gilmour at lore Lies, it's I mean, you see it again and again throughout the episode.
Speaker 4: So any clown pillow, it's oh yeah, speaking of the clown pillow really vanished. I really every time we're at Laurelie's house, my eyes are wide open, just waiting for it, and I have not seen seen it. Has it season four?
Speaker 7: Maybe he's gonna say, did it go with Amy and Dan? Or is it just no?
Speaker 2: But it's been gone before that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been gone for a few seasons.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 4: Its last appearance was season four.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so great opening, do we all agree?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Pretty darn strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like fun, Loralai was cool, Christopher was cool. I'm sorry they were cool. Emily and Richard were so sarcastic. I mean, they must be totally happy that their kid married Christopher. They love him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's such a Laurels.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was such a lorel I thing, Like she left a voicemail saying, hey, by the way, I got married.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But there's a funny moment. I think Emily and Richard are holding hands and they have mastered pretending to be sweet and sincere while totally being sarcastic, and it just was awesome. So then we have the credits and we go to dinner and they're having lamb, which you know, I am. I'm like some lamb. You can see Wolfgirl. I kind of call her caveman girl, but Wolfgirl is propped up, so they sort of shot in a way so that you could see it. And we talk about the wedding party. Lorli pitches it for year ten, which is ten. Rory says, some of these things just stick with me, and they want to have it at the Harbor Club with four hundred people, and this is where we get the moment she doesn't want to invite the town. She only wanted to invite Suki Michelle Jackson, and that was a big red flag to anti Christopher talking, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, gosh, you know, if she's not going to be proud of her man and.
Speaker 4: I don't even think that it's she's not proud. I think he knows it's not.
Speaker 3: She knows it's not right, and including herself. But it makes her look kind of dingy, right, or or.
Speaker 4: Like everybody's gonna smell out that it's not the right thing. You know, they all know that.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting angle because she sort of addresses it with Christopher in a bit, saying she doesn't want to flaunt it to the town. But it's like, if I were Christopher, I'd be like, are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And also like it was kind of more of not really what they thought of I think I'm jumping ahead, but I have a point, not what they thought of Christopher. It's what they thought of laurl I marrying Christopher. It was more of the act of it instead of because of Luke.
Speaker 3: So but but they know all about Christopher, you know, they've heard chapter verse over the years about the heel. Christopher has been negligent, neglecting Rory and not being there, and the town has pulled together to get Rory, uh and lift up Rory on the on their shoulders because that she didn't have a dad, and you know, everybody, the whole town's stepped up, you know, us on their shoulders, and the whole town's miss Patty whatever. And and now she's it's like it must feel like almost And I don't want to be dramatic here, but Laurel, I stabbed the entire town in the back. You know, this is our this is our thanks.
Speaker 7: You know, correct very here.
Speaker 3: You know, it's.
Speaker 4: Literally when your best friend says I'm getting back together with my ex, who you all know sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like, well, like all those nights we spent with you trying to prop you up, you just went right back in the class, you know.
Speaker 2: And is this engagement with Luke and is married to Christopher literally within weeks. I mean, it's very jarring to the town.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing I wanted to ask you guys about is like Max Medina, she was engaged to him, and the town I guess sort of accepted him. We never really address it, but I think that's because it was pre Luke.
Speaker 4: I think part of the town. Well not really school he taught at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, but there were two people that came together after a long, long courtship.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I think there's more history.
Speaker 3: That made a commitment and that's a big deal, and.
Speaker 2: She hadn't dated you yet, she hadn't dated.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. I'm saying once they made the commitment, and once there was a proposal, and once there was a date set and then a date postponent still was like, you know, that's a commitment, and yeah, you know, and then they were like, oh, okay, well this is serious now, so we're going to do this now.
Speaker 2: Just think yeah that she's Look, she was in a world of hurt no matter who she was going to date after dating Luke, and it was never going to work. But the facts got I think you're right that she dates this guy that the whole town has had to sort of, I don't know, cope with. Essentially is maybe the best way to say it. They don't dislike him, but he just wasn't.
Speaker 3: The town was giving both Gilmore girls therapy for you know, the past eighteen twenty years and all this twenty one years and all of a sudden, he's the guy. He wins the lottery.
Speaker 2: It's I like what you said there. The town was giving therapy. The town is therapy, right, there's something about this town that heals its members.
Speaker 3: But anyway, protecting, protecting both of those girls, especially Rory, to make sure that she went on to do great things, and really rolling around those two because you know, Laurel is unique in that town. She comes from a very prominent family, and you know, she's chosen to be with these people, and they've embraced her and they love her, they love her, and she loves them exactly, and and boy that you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: We're all, yes, he knew she you know.
Speaker 2: So then we go to Paris and Doyle's, which I'm sorry Paris and Doyle might have stolen the episode. I know we're not there yet.
Speaker 3: That do that, don't do that.
Speaker 2: We're not there yet, but the dancing is iconic, so moving.
Speaker 3: The boxes in so it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: We realize immediately, all right, Rory's moving back in with Paris and Doyle. Paris's cat sweater, I mean ten out of ten for the cat. The blue cat sweater. She's got her signing the least it mentions Logan or her other paramour. She's gonna he's gonna charged a half a day if he takes a shower. I mean the whole thing. A great line that a boy Rockefeller, I mean the whole thing. And we learned that Logan's got a party at Nobu, so he can't go to Lucy's twenty first who the theme of the twenty first is two thousand and two, which is just.
Speaker 7: Which is so funny because this was two thousand and six. That's like saying, like.
Speaker 2: That's why it was so funny. Yeah, it's even funnier now.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Nobu was around back then.
Speaker 3: Oh sure it's been around.
Speaker 2: Forever, not from the Boo Nobu, but the other Nobu's New York Nobu. So then the Giant Pencil, I mean the whole thing. Great scene again, Paris was great, Like it's just great. Any other thoughts on that scene.
Speaker 3: Just that you know, Paris and Doyle are a beloved couple. They're hysterically funny together and they do odd bizarre stuff that is uh safe and feel good, and it's just it's just pure comedy, right, I mean just having them in the background shucking and jiving to that song Kenny.
Speaker 2: Ortega's genius, and that they're not even in the main part of the scene. But I know we're out there. I'll wait till we get there. Okay. So now we see Christopher and Laurlai, and it was kind of like banter, banter, banter, witty banter. It was a little fast for me. I actually watched it twice, couldn't quite catch it all. I think it was about you're gonna make me breakfast in a poached egg and a salts on it, Martha Stewart dah da la la a lah. Right, Like, it was just a lot of banter, especially for my brain that's only like a quarter working. Then we learn there's the nitathon for the bridge. Now this is the bridge, I believe, and others too. I'm quite sure that you push Jess off.
Speaker 7: Of That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that that's the bridge that we are rebuilding. And then we kind of so, you know, good little thing to think about, and then Laurlai kind of talks about how she's gonna go do some errands, need to come, and he's kind of like, no, I want to come. No, no, no. So that's where we learn, Okay, I need to be sensitive to the town folk. I don't want to be shoving this marriage down their throat. He kind of realizes, this is why you've only invited these couple of people to the party. They don't have time to adjust. All right, Fine, let's go to town. Let's stroll, not struck. And it was a funny scene. It had a lot of dialogue for me, which might like I said, it was a lot, but I liked it. I'm not mad at them.
Speaker 3: Fatly.
Speaker 7: She was practicing for the nitathon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she wasn't making it.
Speaker 7: I wasn't making anything. It was just she just kept going.
Speaker 4: But does anyone know how to knit? I do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: My mom taught me. Don My mom taught me.
Speaker 6: And it's so funny because when she said that, I remember i'd knit for no. I made like the longest scarf in history, just because you want to keep going like there's no point because you're not actually gonna wear it.
Speaker 7: You're just doing it for fun.
Speaker 2: It's part of the nitathon, and I know we'll get to it. It's all the knit like Taylor's entire outfit knit. There's so much nity. So we go into the diner and again the diner is sort of a buzz with knitting, you know, interesting angles. Great scene with Caesar. Uh there's knitting everywhere. Uh. Caesar sort of acknowledges that Luke is grouchy because April's with her mom. TJ comes running in. He needs a drink, he has a carbonated beverage. It's a great scene. We learned the baby, Yeah, we learned.
Speaker 3: Performance just got a hand to tell. Man, he's just great.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, this this might be an unpopular opinion, but whatever. I kind of wish that TJ was Luke's brother and Liz was his sister in law.
Speaker 2: Oh that would have been cool because.
Speaker 4: Luke and TJ is so freaking funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that'd be a cool dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's not bad. So we learned that she's gonna have the home birth and there's a doula, doula Sandy. Doula, that's Doula Sandy, and they need Luke there. All good, great, all great stuff. And then Luke goes to the door and unfortunately sees Christopher and Lorelai hand in hand in their cute coats, and he slams the door and wants everybody out of the diner. Knitting painful, really painful.
Speaker 3: Oh he's in pain, in pain.
Speaker 2: It was painful to see you see them. I was like, oh, little.
Speaker 7: Yeah, called cringey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what Luke's there for, is to absorb shocks like that.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Roll first in lorell I shocks.
Speaker 2: So then we get to the town square and they're preparing for the knitathon, and Christopher and loreli are and they're very cute coats. I must say they were very cute coats. She had a white coat. I think his was more of a gray. They bump into bad bet. I was in pain for Christopher holding those that dry cleaning for so long.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I didn't like them prancing around the town like that. Well, when I started liking her, I mean, she didn't really want him to come, that's but it's the way they were kind of strutting along, you know. I just I just thought, man, well so did the town.
Speaker 2: That's why they were I.
Speaker 3: Think it was brilliant directing. I think Kenny had got the right angle and the right kind of struck where you're just like, that's wrong.
Speaker 4: I think the annoying thing is that LAURALI for this whole series, has always had such a backbone and it is such an independent person, and this season she's lost all of that, all these things she doesn't want. She didn't want to get married, she didn't want to walk through the town like, and she's doing it against what she truly feels and what she truly wants.
Speaker 2: And so we'll get to it when we get to the scene where they sort of say I love you, I love you. But I mean interesting point. I don't know. I think she's all jumbled up.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I think Danielle makes a salient point. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I will say, I feel like seeing Baba and miss Patty like just brought me so much comfort though, like I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw this scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we really missed the whole town.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think, you know, to hop on to Danielle's point, I think the way we we enjoy or we consume Laurel I, right, is that she's the one right, You're right, Danielle, She's the one with the backbone, and all of this drama is happening before her and she's running a around trying to help this that outbum Yeah, she's she's very I don't know that that's her power position, being subject to the you know, the the changing weather, the changing tides, and the changing directions of life. She was always like, you know, the backbone of the show, right, and it's like Michelle and somebody's got a problem, She's always there for them and she's the great friend. And now it's like she's, yeah, you're right, she's.
Speaker 4: Gone even on her own problems. Like she's the one that left Max Medina, you know what I mean, Like she went because she knew it wasn't right. You know, she was doing things to better her, better herself, I don't know, like her whole life. She didn't want to be involved in this Gilmore world, you know. And then she marries Christopher, who is exactly who her parents wanted her to marry. You know, it's just like all this stuff that is so not true to her that she is letting happen.
Speaker 2: Birl, I can't have that same argument again because I'm too exhausted, and so was everyone listening. But It's why I still say I don't understand why she ended it with Luke because I know she was sort of I know she was trying to be true to herself, like I need to be married now, but I always go back to it like love is love, right, and if love is true, you can wait, so we don't need to have it all again. Everybody will just yell at me. But I don't know. I feel like now she's just making sort of strange decisions, but maybe they had to happen. Okay, So we see miss Patty with the wagon. She's the town social chair with the wagon for the newlyweds, right, and I was trying hard because I knew what was coming where the wagon is like junk, but I tried to look in there and be like is it? Is it clean and supplies? It actually looked pretty cool. I'm not gonna lie. But later we find out not so much. Great to see the town again too. I feel like I just feel like maybe they just should have had Kenny direct every episode of this season and it would have been a great season.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Nah, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So now we go to we see Marty and Rory and it's just so awkward.
Speaker 3: Better but I don't know it would have been.
Speaker 2: It couldn't say it. But it's not bad. This was a good episode. So we see Marty and Rory. It's so awkward. She's got her two thousand and two stuff. She's so like, where's Lucy? And he's just weird.
Speaker 6: Get why Rory's being so weird when she's like happily in a relationship, Like.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 2: And also he didn't tell you see he knows her. It's just so.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like why she wasn't like it also wasn't like they made out and were dating.
Speaker 2: Friends, you guys, been really really close friends. And then he just like dumped her as a friend because she didn't love him like he loved her.
Speaker 3: And then wait, the storyline doesn't have the weight to carry its own Wait you know what I'm saying. It's just not waiting and it's like, what's it doing in there? I think she's just it's not a big narrative that you know, we really want to expand on. It just sort of happened for a couple episodes.
Speaker 2: Kind of make it a big narrative, right, Yeah, I think I think it's fair if it happened right after maybe I think I've it's been so long.
Speaker 7: I'm like, you're over a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you let go somewhere, like did that care?
Speaker 2: He's not over it, which we learn at the end. But I'm saying, it's so weird.
Speaker 6: It's been so long since that episode. And I'm like, like, like Scott was saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had a crush on somebody's sophomore year, I probably still had a crush on him senior year. I don't know, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Wayne Wilcox was doing between.
Speaker 2: I think he just didn't have a storyline because Logan became so prominent, and then they brought him back for this. So anyway, she's got the ug boots, the JLO record, the whole to do, and the whole thing was quite awkward, which is very awkward.
Speaker 6: Us are very back in style right now, Yeah, they sure are.
Speaker 2: Lucy and boyfriend are awkward. They're awkward to me, it's awkward. The whole thing is just weird.
Speaker 3: I got I've got a nice pair bugs.
Speaker 2: Crocs are back to go crocs, Crocs I never wore?
Speaker 3: What is what is the.
Speaker 2: Love the Crocs? I don't know, my niece made me order like fifty gibbits for.
Speaker 4: You know who's the king of crocs Easton Allen sure is.
Speaker 3: But what are they? Just like foamy and comfortable.
Speaker 2: Just plastic. I know they're that comfortable. Are they comfortable?
Speaker 7: I have to admit. I have one on the floor next to me.
Speaker 6: I wear it around the house because it has like I have one that has like a fur lining, so it's like my house slippers.
Speaker 2: But it's very comfortable. I'm more into the hookahs. Danielle got me into the hookahs. But anyway, okay, do you guys want to know?
Speaker 4: Don't know what hokahs are?
Speaker 3: I saw, yes, had big giant tennis.
Speaker 4: This guy so not they have, but they have ones that aren't that big and got this guy sat.
Speaker 3: Down next to me at karate, you know, because it's yeah, oh that's nice.
Speaker 7: I like the socks to.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my leprechaun socks.
Speaker 4: So great about the hokah there's steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could walk twenty thousand steps not feel a thing. I had planter or fascy itis. No one cares. I know an email.
Speaker 4: They're very good on your.
Speaker 3: Knees too, But can you work out in them or are they just work every day. I've never found anything better than Nike Lebron's.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, got you covered. This is better, really really way better.
Speaker 3: I'm not check it out anyway.
Speaker 4: By the way, you guys, Wayne Wilcox was in rent.
Speaker 3: Really between Wow, Wayne Wilcox.
Speaker 4: Marty and he did that in between his arcs on girls.
Speaker 7: It's a little busy, okay.
Speaker 2: So in comes the beautiful Chrylyn Fenn. She is shockingly beautiful. Uh. She wants to have a private talk with Luke. I smelled trouble. She said that April has been showing everyone her scar, her appendix scar, and they go up to the apartment, we acknowledge the cerulean and.
Speaker 4: Did she ever say thank you? By the way, like I don't recall her.
Speaker 2: Being No, she's annoying. She's annoying. Let me just say. She says she's moving to Mexico. Luke is kind of dumbfounded and doesn't at the time sort of is like okay, but you know, we get to that later. So that was just sort of like her bossiness and her My problem with Anna, and again, sorry to preach, but is the same problem I've had with her the whole time. She literally kept this secret and then is the bossiest, most controlling person when she did wrong, it's like girl, no oh, And finally at the end, you do what I've been wanting you to do the whole time.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I was so pro Anna up until this like this, you know, because I always didn't know what was coming. But I kind of was like, Okay, she's got her whatever reasons for not involving the dad. But then now that he's in her life, she now has a duty to let her daughter foster that relationship. And so now that she's like, oh, I'm going to New Mexico, No, you won't get her for summers. No, you won't get her for this. You know, It's like it was never a conversation.
Speaker 7: It was just telling Luke, like this is how it's going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now she's in Luke's life and she loves Luke.
Speaker 2: April loves Luke.
Speaker 4: So you're now, as a mom, you're doing a disservice to her, to your daughter for not keeping her around somebody who is so amazing to her, because Luke is so amazing to her and she loves him. So I can't know and I.
Speaker 2: Call about Anna and it always has been. She made that decision and it showed as she was all about herself. I don't like it. Don't like it.
Speaker 6: It's not just leaving Luke because I can't remember who was it in the diner?
Speaker 4: Who was like, oh, where's April?
Speaker 3: Like was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Caesar, Yeah it was Caesar. And he's like, oh, she's all with her mom. Like it's now it's not just Luke. She's involved in that town. Everyone will take it, very accepted by the tests. Yeah, like how they how they took in Rory. It's kind of yes, whoa Tara correct Yea, they have a new kid, really embraces the child of the people they love.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh Tara. So we go to the inn and at first I was like, w tf is she doing with that freaking pasta? Like I was like, who is holding Costa her hands like that? And then I realized, ah, tip of the hat, she was trying to make a yarn ball with the to Yeah, and that was.
Speaker 4: Actually quite very creative. That was very cute.
Speaker 2: I actually was like I'd be down with that if I was at the nitathon and I had like a little pasta ball Yeah, it was cute. Some sauce, yummy sauce on it. I would eat that. I think I was hungry. I'm hungry. Now here's where we learn she's married an outsider, which I thought was very funny that Suki sort of described it as that, or I think Suki described it as that. She said they were cordial, and Suki goes ooh, like it was just is it great? The script is better, the acting is better, everything's better. She really wants to get at the town on board. So they talk about Paulinka, who we have not seen in a bit. But and then she talks about how Jackson has some clout. Had a really hard time spelling clout. I have no idea how you spell that way.
Speaker 4: I realized we used the word clout was like a twenty twenty three four term. I had no idea this existed back in two around.
Speaker 2: Since the days of yore. But is it cl o u t anyway? Because I felled it c l o A T c l o t E.
Speaker 6: And then I was like, oh god, that's oh yeah, Dane, I thought the same thing. I'm like, wow, they used this word has a lot.
Speaker 2: Of are the kids saying clout these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no way, Scott, I don't know kids are doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll be like, oh, they're just trying to get clout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like kids like teen kids.
Speaker 4: Are you all like high schoolers?
Speaker 2: High school? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not us?
Speaker 4: Good God, I'm at that age now where I'm officially just not cool and I I A'm accepting it.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 7: And also it's sober, don't I start. I don't take anything personally anymore.
Speaker 4: Like whatever, You're so kind to.
Speaker 2: Come up to where Scott and I are at wre EPs and Saul is our middle name.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. If you make it to sixty five, make it to sixty five and you're still saying, then you can qualify school.
Speaker 2: Again, don't be mad at me for asking you this, But are you a ARP?
Speaker 3: I wanted to get no, but I control my pension and I'm not going to want to do it.
Speaker 2: For those of you that think I'm sad and lonely, I actually have a boyfriend. I will reveal it, but I wanted it. He's older, breaking news I have anybody, and I'm like, I actually do, but I wanted.
Speaker 3: To get him.
Speaker 2: He's fifty five. And I wanted to get him an aa ARP membership for his birthday because it comes with like a lot of benefits, like you get to, like, I don't know, eat for free at Red Lobster or something. By the way, rip Red Lobster.
Speaker 3: I think it's just gone the stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a bunch of stores.
Speaker 3: No, just fifty, that's it.
Speaker 4: They've got thousand fifty biscuits at Red Lobster are very very underutilized.
Speaker 3: Wait, fifty in the entire United States. They shuddered fifty stores. It's not a big deal, is there?
Speaker 2: Is there no more Red Lobster or.
Speaker 3: Only there's thousands of them?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so just rip.
Speaker 3: Into a couple of Red Lobsters. You kid me. They are.
Speaker 2: A huge Red Lobster fan. Are you you like the what Danielle the biss.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't go, but I been maybe twice in my life. And those cheddar biscuits that they give you, like instead of like the chips and sausa whatever, those cheddar biscuit things.
Speaker 2: I will pay one of you one hundred dollars. I will venmo it immediately. If you can guess who I went to Red Lobster with the one time I went to Red Lobster. You each get one guess.
Speaker 7: Do we get it?
Speaker 4: You went with us one hit?
Speaker 2: It's celebrity. Well that's all you get. It's I went with celebrity.
Speaker 3: Incorrect, baby lost corn baby.
Speaker 2: Daniel and Tara one hundred dollars if you get it?
Speaker 7: What year was it?
Speaker 2: I'm not telling it. I've told enough. This is the game.
Speaker 3: You went with pal.
Speaker 2: No, I take a guess.
Speaker 7: Yep, was it Sam Ruin?
Speaker 2: No, but that would have been awesome. But no, but great, guess.
Speaker 4: Danielle, I'm in between two and his boss.
Speaker 2: Oh no, because what if you say the one and it's the other one? Ryan Seacress.
Speaker 3: It was just too obvious.
Speaker 2: It was like, I don't know, a lot of years ago and there we were just the two of us in at the Red Lobster. I think it was just the two of us, maybe our friend. We might have had one other friend with us, our friend Natalie. But anyway, I digress. Let's continue. So now we're back at the diner with April. She is not happy. She is super bommed. She's kind of you know, erupts in the diner. She says, a totally she was so good. You were so good in this episode. So was she. So was Sherylyn Fenn for that matter. But she did a lot of eye acting. So April's upset they go on the walk. She doesn't want to be the weird, dorky loser girl all over again.
Speaker 6: And I like, I felt that I was gonna say I felt for her because I feel like she had her friends and like, how old is she? She's probably middle like thirteen, Yes, that's a heart seventh or eighth grade to change schools, not even like you're not even close to your friends, you're in a different state.
Speaker 2: That's hard, terrible And she great. I mean, man, that girl can act because I believe every single thing she says and does.
Speaker 3: She's brilliant. She's absolutely brilliant in every way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vanessa and Laura are both.
Speaker 3: Like working with her was so much fun. She was just like she was hitting the ball over the net, like with some real fur on it, you know what I mean, Just like, yeah, just amazing actress.
Speaker 2: I know we tell you guys this all the time, but the Laura and Vanessa are the sweetest girls. Like shout out to their parents, who must be amazing because they are the sweet girls. Anyway, I found some email that Laura had sent me years ago the other day and it was just like, Oh my god, she's just the coolest, coolest.
Speaker 6: She really is.
Speaker 2: Scott. Yes, I know you kind of talked about it with the tennis ball with the fur on it. But when you watch those scenes with Vanessa Slash April, you must be so proud of her.
Speaker 3: I always have been, and it doesn't surprise me how great she comes off. And I don't remember filming any of this stuff. I don't remember these scenes, but they're a joy to watch because it's like she was so easy to work with, and she was so prepared and she's so good and she just gets it. You know, she's young and super smart and at that time and very talented, and she she just got it. You know, she just understood it.
Speaker 2: So we go from there to Harris and Rory's oh, this is the scene. This is the scene. Oh God, good everybody, it's so good. So so we're getting ready for the two thousand and two party and Paris comes in and she's like, is there gonna be dancing? And I mean the direction on this and I am no director, and I don't know. Diddley was unbelievable because it's so clever, like, Okay, let's get Rory on the phone with Loralai and then we're gonna have Paris and Doyle dancing in the background. And they're dancing is just flawless, Like I mean, and you see the genius of Kenny Ortega because he choreographed that. Obviously, obviously the man's a legend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like they're in you They're not even in the room.
Speaker 6: They're in the bedroom and the door's open right on the jammin.
Speaker 2: The dancing was like Conic and told it, like to me, you know, John Travolta and Uma Thurman, and I'm like that is that? Like they weren't doing those moves, But it was just so awesome. I could have watched that scene all African day anyway. I mean, I kind of was glad that we sort of had this dumb banter between Rory and Lourai because I just only want to be watching the dancing. But they're kind of bantering. They're sort of having a this pay me thirty dollars, twelve dollars, one cent, fifty dollars, twenty dollars, and it was just this sort of nonsense, which I get because then we could pay attention to the dancing.
Speaker 4: This is a big year for Kenny Artega. He launched high school musical this year too, Oh.
Speaker 2: The Man, and we acknowledge Marty again. I think Scott said it best. We're they're trying to make something a storyline happen that doesn't have any weight, but they sure still are trying, because she's like, he's cold and weird, and it was years ago, and she sort of acknowledges what Tara said, YadA YadA. So I'd love to hear everybody on the dancing other than just me.
Speaker 6: I completely forgot what Laura and Rory's conversation was because I remember the dancing.
Speaker 2: Scott, when you say that was intentional that it's just sort of nonsense. What twenty dollars?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: The phone call was? It had dialogue, but we're supposed to be watching the dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't help, but notice, I mean, you know, I think they thought that there's this potent combination of silly dialogue that's supposed to really hit as funny, and it was. It was humorous, you know, I don't know how hysterically funny. It was, but I think you don't want to steal the joke from the dancing, because that's really the funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was so good, and.
Speaker 3: The fact that it's in the background makes it even more brilliant.
Speaker 2: And they kind of did there was a little meat, so basically, Tara, since you missed it, they kind of banter back and forth about what she's gonna fledge for the nitathon, and then we learned that the town it didn't go so great walking through town, and then they kind of acknowledge Marty and that whole thing, and she sort of says to Michelle Obama, you know when they go low, you go high, like take the high road, be the one, be.
Speaker 4: The bigger person.
Speaker 2: Great, it was all great. Now we're at the house and Christopher's getting ready for his mandate with the farmer and he's wearing a black button down that's just a little bit too city and a little bit too tight, and the jeans are a little too tight. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 3: I was hilarious. Yeah, I didn't. Oh no, why I didn't think it was a funny situation. It didn't matter who was playing the parts. To me, that's not a funny situation that's not going to make me laugh. I thought it was just me, that's just me personal right.
Speaker 2: Well, also, you might be coming from a guye perspective, whereas like we're coming from the girl perspective where she's like and her acting I thought was so good, just the kind of like the little nuances of the that you know, and like I thought his outfit was good, but it was very la outfit. It was like it was not maybe what you go to the bar and starting.
Speaker 3: I mean, if that was me, I would have just walked out the door and smiled. So yeah, okay, sure, see you later. So I mean, just where just to own it, dude, where what you want? Walk out of the house. You know.
Speaker 2: I think he's trying, you know, I think he wants to do right by her, do you know what I mean? I think he gets it. He's trying to do what I wants.
Speaker 4: To immerse himself into her world, even though it's just not it.
Speaker 3: He he just needs to be himself.
Speaker 2: I think this is where she says, they gave us the tolerating that we're here wagon, and we kind of learned that, like the other couples got better wagons the hole to do. So, then we go to the bar. Now have we seen this bar before? And please don't yell at me.
Speaker 7: Is it the bar the Dean went to or.
Speaker 3: No, I've never seen that bar. I wanted to sit in that bar me too.
Speaker 2: Other than the very small television, I was like, the television that had the game on really dated the episode. But otherwise I was like, the bar was fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't remember if it's the one that Dean went too and he was about again divorced.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I don't remember. But anyway, it's awkward at first, and then we got to it with Jackson and Christopher, and I gotta say I liked the analogy. You know, you gotta be one hundred percent committed. We love farming, Suki and I, you know, and I really I liked the I ended up really liking that scene, and obviously it ultimately went well because Christopher is a bit more popular.
Speaker 3: That's the scene we've seen a million times before. That's a that's a classic scene, you know, where the guys got a pass muster.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yes, well said yeah, and it seems that he did so. Then a scene I did not care for at all. Anna and Luke at the restaurant, and I just thought, you know what, Anna, you suck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was not a good look for Anna.
Speaker 4: Oh and I kind of needed it though, because it made me realize that she sucks.
Speaker 2: Like I needed that, And you're being so reasonable and so collaborative, and it's just like, you suck, Amma, You're not you know what, you took this, you took twelve years away from him, right. I was not pleased. Also, where were they?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 4: It's like a like, did she ever say why exactly? She's moving over there? Remind me?
Speaker 2: And she's from New Mexico. And then she needs to go take care of her mother.
Speaker 4: I wonder if for a second, I'm like, I wonder if she was doing it for selfish reasons and she's just like annoy that she's getting so close to lose.
Speaker 2: I believe that the mother's sick, but she's the reason that.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then this is what I got from it. So the reason why April was with Luke when she got her appendix out is because Anna went to go see her mom.
Speaker 7: She wasn't even frown, that's right.
Speaker 2: Because she is with her mom and that's how we get the beginning of the storyline that the mom needs help. Yes, you know, but her reason for out wanting to move her mom, Oh, she's been in that house forty years. It's like, but you're gonna uproot your kid, nor even a sick grandmother would be like, no, no, no, you're not uprooting the kid. I'll come and live with you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: That where were they?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: Was that in Stars Hollow? Where were they? Or were they? I don't know where that restaurant was, but I kept trying to zoom in on.
Speaker 3: The No, that was the Stars Hall.
Speaker 2: Wasn't It's not the bakery another bakery? It was all right, well.
Speaker 3: Anyway, wasn't It wasn't Al's Pancake World.
Speaker 2: It was no. And it wasn't what's the bakery with the lady that passed away? Oh wasn't that.
Speaker 6: I know where you're talking about, But that wasn't that anyway, Weston's West It wasn't so okay.
Speaker 3: But I've seen that restaurant before.
Speaker 2: I feel like I had to. So then it's showtime. Luke the baby and the baby just like appeared, you know. First of all, he gets the phone call. He goes rushing off, great, you know WHOA Okay, it's time, and then they do get a scene. We get a scene in a minute where suddenly the baby's born. We didn't have to see the birth. It doesn't happen right there, but I'll get to it. So he gets the phone call, he rushes out the nitathon has begun. In the next scene, Kirk's walking around free needles, Taylor's in head to toe knit. I want to watch it again to just see every detail of the scene. Twenty five Lemonade for the bridge. It's a beautiful autumnal day, ten to ten. They talk about the great bridges, the Golden Gate, the Brooklyn, and then of course the old Muddy River Bridge.
Speaker 4: And they like, you have three minutes.
Speaker 2: They don't have their things synced up. Yeah, I just knew we were in for a great scene so I could watch. I wish I was there, Like, I just wish I was there. I want to go to the nitathon. I want to hang out. I want to pull in the game arrow.
Speaker 3: The whole that was a cozy stars hollow. I wanted to be there too. That's that's a very cozy place right there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it really is a town. If my town had that, I'd be stoked. Okay, it's time for Lucy's a party, and Lucy is so stoked that Paris is there. Uh, Marty's at the bar. We kind of have the moment of are we done being a jerk here? Yes, I'm done. We're friends again.
Speaker 3: And not allowed of red meat here. It just seemed like it's like, you know, that's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: And they must have paid a lot for that Pink song.
Speaker 3: I think I think Doyle stole that storyline for sure. Totally amazing watching.
Speaker 2: And then in the I mean, uh, coming out Amy it was better get this party.
Speaker 7: And the Nelly song.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, they made of money to clear music for this episode because usually.
Speaker 6: Scott, when there's a party and there's people dancing, aren't you just dancing to nothing? Right?
Speaker 2: The song later? But they still pay a lot of money for that song.
Speaker 6: But I feel like for this scene, especially the one in the apartment, they kind of had to know what was going to be played, right or no, they'll play.
Speaker 3: They'll play it for the extras and they'll play so they get the rhythm and I'm.
Speaker 8: Dancing to playing dancing here, so you better get this party started, which I was laughing because my six year old and eight year old nieces were in a dance recital this weekend and that was the finale song.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh my god, I'm coming out. I want to do all their moves. Okay, Suddenly the baby Doula is born, which I was glad we didn't have to go through the birth. It's like, we got there, the baby's born. It looked like a seen beautiful zebra rug funny little old there you go, little Doula, your uncle Doula. And then they bring up, wah, cousin, April is going to be the best babysitter ever. Oh so you had that moment.
Speaker 6: Right, which was a great setup before the end of this episode, because I think even like as an audience, you're like, you're right, like this, this Doula doesn't have really any other family.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's Jess, but it.
Speaker 2: Realized, right.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's a very nice moment for Luke at the end of that because he's thinking about April. He's thinking about is he ever going to have another kid again? You think about how lonely he's going to be with Anna going I'm sorry with with April leaving. It really softened him. I thought the writers did an exemplary job of showing another side of Luke, you know, and even a more combative side of him standing up for himself. Uh when he did, he didn't go over the top with it with the anger. It was just you know, more more firm but vulnerable, you know. Yes, yes, now that's Kenny Ortego.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, everybody right now, you can call eight eight eight seven oh two seven eight seven.
Speaker 3: Three for the Gilmour Girls coffees the three blends of Luke's Diner Blend, the Stars Hollow Blend and the Dragonfly in two X talk Fast double Caffeine Blend. That's eight eight eight seven O two seven eight seven three and a Warner Brothers Studio rep will assist you with your order, So enjoy the coffee.
Speaker 2: So now we're at the Nitathon, which looked like the best time ever until Christopher ruined it. So, you know, Taylor makes the announcements they've raised twenty two hundred dollars and they're like, oh no, are we gonna be able to do it? And then he goes and donates and just everybody packs up and literally it was bummed. Everyone was like, worth the thrill out of here, Gypsy's gonna go to a movie. But I was bummed. I felt I was like, no, I want eight more scenes of this. So and I think that's intentionally you realize you're like, oh, Christopher, you dumb, dumb.
Speaker 3: And get it.
Speaker 4: He doesn't get it, doesn't don't remember.
Speaker 6: Like I was thinking about when I was a kid, we used to do like the magazine drives where you'd go to people, you know, be Zeene drives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everythign drives and cook Doo drives, every drive. They still exist. I get them all the time from my nieces and nephews.
Speaker 6: But it's like thinking about it, it made me think of like it like my parents always bought one thing because they had to, but like they didn't buy everything so I could win the prize.
Speaker 7: It was like you gotta go work for it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean you think about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cartwheel, how many cartwheels can she do? Like is there a maximum? She's all two hundred and fifty And I'm like great, okay, because it's like a cartwheel all day long. Okay. So that was a long one.
Speaker 4: He met well though, like, I get it, guy, but it just shows like he's me. He's trying really hard, but he's not the right thing.
Speaker 2: Salla is not the place where you're flashy with your money. They don't they don't jive with that, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we go to the party and there's dancing and Olivia goes after the buzz cut guy. So that has Rory and Marty on the couch and chatting, and then and you're more beautiful than ever.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, it all just everything's coming out of left field. Yeah, you know, didn't mind it, you know, I mean, it's okay, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Good scene. It just was like, yeah, so just.
Speaker 3: What's happening in her life is not all that fascinating right now?
Speaker 2: No, that's correct, right. I think that's a fair statement. So that's the best we can get.
Speaker 3: With that, minus Logan. It's kind of trippy.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: I thought this scene was kind of something I don't know what the word is yet. I'll get to I'll figure out what the word is. If of lower Li and Christopher walking, you know, you don't have to try so hard. I'm trying so hard because I sort of feel like you want me to try so hard. And then they say I love you a lot. She says, I'm going to be here loving you. It's very lovey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and I bought it.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem fake.
Speaker 4: Because I do think she does love him. You know she does. She does because of all their history. I just don't know if she's in love with him as her husband.
Speaker 2: Really really well done. Seen the truck pulls up. Immediately, I'm like, oh, I want to know what's happening here. Anna opens the door. She says, April's it hoo'sy doozies, and Luke immediately knows, yes, I know, and I know she has a peanutalergy and I know I know, I know, I know. And then he brings it. He's like, She's like, what are you doing here, Luke? And he's like, you know what, this is what I'm doing here. Finally, but I have amy. I had been waiting for this for so long to say I am her dad. I have rights. I think you say that I have rights and great scene.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm thoughts. Yeah, true. It was powerful good writing. You know, when you get right good acting, when you get writing that juicy, it's it's I'm not saying it's easy to deliver it, but it's it makes my job a lot easier, you know, because they understand all the beats and it's just laid out there right for you. And you know, kudos to the writers on that absolutely and Sherylyn Fent, you know, knowing her job, you know, because a lot of people would sort of engage in that fight and try to steal that scene. She knew her job, you know, she did.
Speaker 2: And she was great too. I agree with you. She acted it so.
Speaker 3: Well, all beautifully.
Speaker 2: The subtlety, the eyes, the face so good.
Speaker 6: I think it was also just a relief that like Luke finally just stood up for himself and April, like I think we've been waiting and he's been so patient, and like we've all been patient with him, but it was like, no, this was the final straw. He's also a parent, he's her parent, and he also I feel like it wasn't fair that she told April before she told Luke. I feel like it should have been a conversation between the parents were telling April, and also like there was no conversation, it was just when we talked about it.
Speaker 3: But it was just he was just you know, it shows Luke as the polar opposite of Christopher and said, this is how you fight for your family, This is how you fight for your daughter, you know. And Christopher was there for Rory when they weren't even related by blood, but he was there for her all in, willing to like take the bullet for you know, her whole life. And now he's got his own daughter and fault him for you know, delaying the marriage Laurel I and ultimately you know, tanking his own future in regards to Laurel I. But he's fighting for his daughter and you got to admire him for that. And so I think it's a it's a it's a very interesting contrast. He's he's everything that Christopher wasn't or isn't and is trying to be now and trying too hard to be now, but when it's too late, but it's like Luke isn't going to waste another moment sitting by the sidelines getting bullied by In and he's going to fight for his right and it was it was a really powerful scene. I don't really I didn't remember the scene and I was blown away by it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great scene. Yeah, and there we have it.
Speaker 3: There, we have it all right. What are we going to give it, folks? And what's your measuring stick?
Speaker 2: Wolfgirl paintings, Cave Girl Paintings ten, ten out.
Speaker 3: Of ten, yeah, Wolfgirl paintings, tar, what do you give it?
Speaker 6: I'm going to give it nine suky spaghetti knit balls whatever.
Speaker 4: They are, Danielle, what are you gonna I'm going to give it eight point five regular yarn balls.
Speaker 3: Scott, I've got to take my hat off to it. I think I'm going to give it a nine and a half as well, because I'm to deduct five tenths for the the Marty Rory snoozethon stuff. So but other than that, I thought it was just kind of a perfect episode. It was really everything that Girl Gilmore Girls does really really well, everything that that show is about, with the right amount of conflict, but with that great that great spice, that great feeling of the town coming together to do something and kind of in a silly way and everybody gets to be eccentric and weird and happy and together. So it gave me that good Gilmore feeling again. So loved it and I'm gonna give it a measuring stick. Is what's the measuring stick going to be. I'm gonna say nine point five court orders from Luke's lawyer. All right, everybody, that's going to wrap it up. Uh. Next episode is season seven, episode ten, Mary Fisticoff. So that sounds quite provocative. Thank you, ladies. Danielle Romo, Tara sued Amy Sugarman. Suzanne French is on hiatus in Bora Borah. She's currently I think she's in a canoe of some sort and she's she's fishing with her hands as you John, and they are living, they're spending their iHeart dollars.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you they're signing.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I'm going to close again by sending my condolences out to the Ruben family. Sam Ruben, you were amazing man. You will continue to inspire and influence people for decades to come. And my condolences to the family. What what a what a beautiful, beautiful guy. And we mourn the loss of Sam Rubin. And that's not going away. That is not going away. We lost a great one. And God bless everybody, everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmour at iHeartRadio dot com