Speaker 1: It's time to catch a cheater.
Speaker 2: Only on the Jubile Show.
Speaker 3: Paul is on the phone today for to Catch a Cheater. He's been with his girlfriend Leslie for three years, but now he thinks something's going on. So we're gonna see if we can help him out and try to catch her in a second.
Speaker 4: If she is.
Speaker 3: Hopefully she isn't. But Paul tell us what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been with my girlfriend Leslie now for three years, and overall things have been great.
Speaker 1: It's been nice three years.
Speaker 4: Leslie actually moved up here from a small town, you know, one of those really small.
Speaker 1: Towns out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Scary to me.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, you know, to be honest, it's the same for me.
Speaker 4: It's a little odd going back because we visit often to her family, and every time we go back there, I just feel like it's going to another country or another planet or something.
Speaker 2: That's kind of nice. You really get to escape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not really a big deal to visit often. I know, like I said, it's like another planet over there. But you know, my relationship with my family's a you.
Speaker 1: Know, at best strain. So you know, I've never had a problem going back with her as frequently as we do.
Speaker 4: But unfortunately this year, I'm not able to go back and visit with her on her mom's birthday. Okay, yeah, I'm really swamped at work, and you know, it wasn't really a huge deal. But that's kind of where in regards to this trip and me not going with her.
Speaker 1: Is kind of where suspicions started creeping in.
Speaker 2: Okay, was she upset that you couldn't go with her?
Speaker 1: Well, see that that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It actually didn't seem like she was upset that I wasn't going with her. And you know, recently, you know, I feel like she's been kind of pushing me away.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like, you know, she's.
Speaker 4: Been getting you know, a little bit more distant from me. We've been getting into more arguments. And you know, one thing I've noticed, and and the thing that I'm worried.
Speaker 1: About, is this guy Joel. Well, Joel is her.
Speaker 4: It's it's her ex from you know, like her kind of high school sweetheart kind of guy you know, still lives in that small town where she came from. And I've noticed that her and Joel have been texting a lot more you know, recently.
Speaker 2: They've always been texting, you said, a lot more so they've always been a yeah, they.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, to be honest, I'm not one of those guys that's like have a huge issue with somebody having a friendship with an ex or you know, having that relationship ongoing.
Speaker 1: I met Joel, you know, when we've gone to to you know, to visit. You know, I've met the guy. You know, he seems like a decent person and and everything.
Speaker 4: But honestly, it has always just kind of been or at least in my perception, like sporadic communication.
Speaker 1: And you know, now it seems like it's getting to be a lot more frequent.
Speaker 4: Like I noticed that, you know, you know, I'll notice her phone will light up, you know, a lot, and I'll see you know, his name, you know, pop up, you know, like it does on the phone. And I noticed it's more and more, and you know, I even asked her about it, and you know, she's gotten a little bit defensive, like about me like checking on her or why am I looking at her phone and and that kind of stuff. Okay, honestly, like to put two and two together, I noticed that it's really been since I told her that I wasn't going that I wasn't gonna be able to make it to the trip. And I told her mom, I wasn't going to be able to make it that you know, the communication frequency you know, stepped up and they started talking more, and like I said, I didn't really feel like she was particularly upset that I wasn't going to be able to.
Speaker 1: Make it and I and I did. I asked her about it, and, like I said.
Speaker 4: She got defensive, and she also said, you know, oh, no, you know, just we were playing on meeting up with mutual friends or we're just making you know, some friends plans and old friends and getting together while I'm in town or while she's in town. Rather and I don't recall any friend group or mutual friend. I've never hung out with her and her mutual friends in her small town. So you know, honestly, I really don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: In So you think maybe it's like she's planning something with him for when she's there, but you're not there exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I thought maybe you guys could call her from you know, just say you're our credit card company and say she won a free travel ticket and a free companion and just ask her who she would pick to be that companion.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll play a song come back, and then call her and hopefully she gives us your name and not somebody else's. But we'll play a song come back and get your to Catch a Cheater.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 3: Right in the middle of to Catch a Cheater, if you're just joining us, Paul is on the phone and he thinks that his girlfriend of three years named Leslie might be cheating. So in a second, we're about to call her and see if we can catch her. But first, Paul, why don't you refresh her? He's a memory on your situation.
Speaker 1: We've been together three years.
Speaker 4: I'm worried she's getting back with or in a relationship with her ex boyfriend from high school. And I was hoping you guys could just pretend to be the credit card company and say she want a free flight and see who she picks.
Speaker 1: Okay, And she's.
Speaker 4: Going back home to visit her mom and I'm not going, and I'm worried that she's been really texting this guy and planning on seeing him when I'm not there.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready for us to call her? Yeah, all right, man, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, this is Grbal calling for I was looking for our card holder, Leslie.
Speaker 5: This is she is everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually calling you some good news.
Speaker 3: Congratulations for being a card holder with us and racking up so many points and miles in travel. You voucher for six hundred dollars in free travel for yourself and a companion.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, wow, this is so cool. Thank you. So what do I do?
Speaker 3: Well, It's simple. Your voucher will go automatically into your account online. So the only thing that I would need would be the name of the companion that you would take with you. Now, I can give you some time to obviously think about that, but unfortunately they ask that we give them that information ahead of time. You know.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Just the first and last name would be awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you make it to Joel?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can get that notated on there. Would you like us to send an email to this person so that you can also give them the good news with like a little bit of an E card type situation?
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe just say that things keep getting better and after this trip we can go back and have the talk.
Speaker 3: I'll just read it back to you. Okay, it says your boyfriend in three years. Paul is on the phone right now listening to this and probably wants to know why you got the companion ticket for Joel and are sending Jill that message?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What do I get that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Paul?
Speaker 5: Wait, Paul's Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Leslie? This is the Jubile Show.
Speaker 3: It's a radio show, and we do a segment where we catch people cheating, and Paul thought you might be able to do.
Speaker 1: Something, but yeah, it seams I'm right.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, wow, Okay, well I was definitely not prepared to have this conversation at this moment, but I guess this is where we're at.
Speaker 1: Hi, Paul, Hi, Yeah, are you playing? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It's true. I've been talking to my ex Joel.
Speaker 7: You know, you know Joel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I know that part. I know you've been talking. I've talked to you about how you've been talking. But what's going on?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: So we've been talking, you know, about our past and the relationship and how it's never really had any real finality or ending, and you know, and then the conversation just kind of went into how there's still some feelings there that we have even though you know.
Speaker 5: We've broke off obviously, and.
Speaker 7: That you know, what we've been wanting in our life is really the same thing, which is to be in that town, in our town together and and have the same feature there. And I feel like an absolutely a horrible person right now, but I'm I mean, Paul, I'm in love with with Joel, and I've fallen back in love with him this past month, and I really think we've want to try and make it work this time. And so I guess my thought process was I wanted to get that ticket to Joel so that he could come here to us and we could all talk about it, and you know, he could help me move my things back back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you serious? I honestly, I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: You think you think you were going to fly him with a free companion ticket to our house so that I would sit down with him and what shake his hand?
Speaker 1: Wish you well?
Speaker 9: I mean, I can't, you know, honestly, you know I love you and and you know we've been together three years, But it's really the sneaking around that bothers me the most that I got to like do a whole.
Speaker 1: Setup to catch you.
Speaker 4: Like I confronted you about you texting him and you talking to him, and obviously I knew something was up, and you could sense something was up.
Speaker 1: And we've been kind of, you know, at odd and the tension has been high. Why didn't you just talk to me? Why does it have to come out like this? This is ridiculous?
Speaker 4: And also, you know, thank you for doing this around your mom's birthday for real, honestly, like this is a like this is a devastating thing. And you know I love your mom to death. Okay, you know she likes me, or at least you've told me she likes me, you know, And and you want to put this around your mom's birthday and and and more so, instead of this being a very serious conversation about us breaking up or you moving up, you're like capitalizing on the fact that I couldn't make it to this trip. You're like seeing as like a blessing. And I could tell, I could tell you didn't want me there, you know. So you know, you know I love you, But.
Speaker 5: Like you, I hear what you're saying that I probably deserve that, definite.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, you deserve more than that, you know, and you know you can text me, you could, you can, you can reach out you obviously you would get yourself when I want to see you, I don't want to see him.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be the sit down, nice hug, shake hand thing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I really hope you're happy because you're taking it.
Speaker 1: Off from me.
Speaker 7: Okay, well we'll talk about it, and again I'm sorry that.
Speaker 4: It had to come off this way, but nope, nothing to talk about.
Speaker 1: It is done.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well Paul, I'm sorry, man, so.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know, tell you know what, y'all don't need to apologize. You're the only one that needs to apologize. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Like I said earlier, you know, I was going to be embarrassed either way, but thank you for saving me.
Speaker 1: A trip to go over there and embarrass myself. Obviously, I'm pissed off.
Speaker 4: This is ridiculous, but you know what, at least it's better than me flying over there being around her family to be the guy the other man.
Speaker 2: Don't be embarrassed, man, this sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, whenever this happens, we always tell somebody there is someone out there for you. So don't give up, Pope man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, I'm not even thinking about that, right, I'm just I'm just pissed.
Speaker 1: This is this hurts this honestly, it hurts.
Speaker 7: This hurts the jubile shows to catch a cheater