Speaker 1: I was just in here and saying, you have a certain confidence that it's clear that you know you're good, but I assume it's a rookie.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get too carried away, and you know people like say, dude, you're just your rookie.
Speaker 1: Where is the line for you or.
Speaker 3: Is it just being yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think it just goes back to all the work that I put in. I think that's what comes with my confidence, is my preparation at the end of the day. But yeah, you always gotta stay grounded and stay humble within yourself. So you know, just being me, what.
Speaker 2: Happened before camp that led to the injury and how are you feeling now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just a worker that you know, I was working on and it just happened, you know, out of nowhere. But right now I'm just trying to stick to the plan that they had me on in the training room and get better and get right.
Speaker 1: Have you had a welcome to the NFL movement yet?
Speaker 5: Against any of the guys.
Speaker 3: Really every day honestly just battling against them.
Speaker 4: You know, they're one of the top defenses in the entire nations, So you know, going against them each and every day.
Speaker 3: Is it would making me better?
Speaker 5: On a radio interview that it's how everybody knows how what a difficult offense this is for a rookie receiver to step into. But that you've done it pretty seamlessly so far, he's pretty pretty impressed by what is your head been swimming or if you grasped it pretty easily, how would you describe the process?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I've took big strides since I've got here. In the beginning, yes, it was a little difficult, you know, coming into an offense like this that's very complex. There's a lot to it, and trying to you know, learn it all in one day is impossible. So I just kind of told myself that over and over again and just you know, each day how I can get better and improve and you know, knowing the playbook, and I think that I've made a big stride to this point.
Speaker 1: You're not getting a pass throw on to you like today, you still follow through on the play like your your yards after somebody else catches it. You're going after guys. So is that something that has always been with you or is that something you developed the last couple of years to play.
Speaker 5: Through the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at this point, it's just muscle memory.
Speaker 4: Man. Luckily, I've had a lot of good coaches, you know, in the past, and then obviously coach Hank Now he's just always stressing about finishing the play. So you know, whatever I can do to show that, you know, if it's somebody else catching the ball, going up and lead blocking for them, or just honestly just acting like I got the ball and making somebody miss and imagine it in my head so when it does come my way, then you know, second nature.
Speaker 1: So he makes a lot of anticipatory throws, and you're a great route runner. It seems like you guys are almost made to play together. What's it been like this summer wrapping it on the field.
Speaker 4: With him, You know, it's been a pleasure. Obviously he's one of the top quarterbacks in the league right now, so you know, going into a you know, a system with a quarterback like that, it's a great blessing for myself. It's made everything easier, you know, just chopping it up with him each and every day. His locker's actually right next to mine, so I get to talk to him each and every day, and you know, going up to him and just having a normal conversation like what can I get better at and then just ask some questions about the playbook and getting feedback from the quarterback. So because once you start seeing it through a quarterbacks lands and it just becomes that much easier for a receiver. So just to continue to develop that trust and that connection with him.
Speaker 5: Does your background with you make him the guy that you sort of go to to ask questions about wide receiver? What's your interaction with him been like this summer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely asked some questions.
Speaker 4: You know, he's, like I was going back to, he's one of the best receivers in the league, so you know, any kind of information I can get from him, you know, it's gonna only benefit my game. And obviously we played together in college, so he was a guy that I got to look up to as a freshman coming in and being like, that's what a pro looks like. And now kind of just you know, wrap lay back around and now we're here together.
Speaker 3: So being able to like look what.
Speaker 4: He does throughout his entire day and ask some questions about, you know, what it's like to be in the league and the system and some things I can work on in my game that he may see in the film room.
Speaker 1: So you made a catch the other day with de Winters, was on your back. You got both feet down, and I want to describe that play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely think I got both feet down. I think so going back on film and watching it, I think I was in. But it was a good competitive rep. He had inside level on me. So it was a player where I had a two way go and obviously I didn't want to lose my levers, so I broke out and try to make a play. He almost broke it up, so I had to come down with the juggling catch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely got to stay with.
Speaker 6: It his wide receivers. Do you enjoy that pressure? Does that is that something where.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, I just always say that honestly, that I put more pressure on myself than anybody can have on me.
Speaker 3: So you know, at this point I'm used to it.
Speaker 4: But that that's, you know, what all great coaches do to their you know, players coming in especially you know guys like myself that you know are welcoming that pressure.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm I'm up for the job. I'm excited to get started.
Speaker 5: You learned.
Speaker 6: What's something that you've learned from him? Just you've been here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man it I mean I sit right there and I'm just you know, eyes glued onto what he's talking about, and just you know, seeing how complex our offense is and him talk through it, and him break down the entire play even run plays. You know, it's the impressive just trying to soak up all the knowledge from him too. You know, obviously he's a super super smart guy and knows the system ins and outs of it. And that's the level I want to be on. So you know, any information I get from him.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys have been around here for a long time to get you know, workload manage, get VET days, things like that. One guy that is in his debo, what what kind of tone does it set knowing that every day Number one is going to be out there and given you know, everything he's.
Speaker 3: Got in practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a tone setter, man. He's he's obviously an experienced VET. He's had a lot of success in his years here, and you know, being a young guy coming in and seeing that, you know, that's important for me because you know, obviously he's set in the tone for the room and being able to see that and going out there and attacking each day like he is, and you know, it just makes him that much more fun when you're out there, you know, seeing a vet guy right next to you and you're just having fun with him and going out there and being competitive each and every day.
Speaker 2: Or his style is kind of lead by example rather than you know, talking.
Speaker 3: You know, he's got both. He's got both for sure. Yeah, yeah, he talks.
Speaker 5: Going against various warrior in particular, he faced.
Speaker 1: The corner like him before.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't, to be honest, I mean I've I've gone against a lot of good corners in my career, I say, being in the SEC and then obviously the years before that being in the PAC twelve. But you know, the corners out here a little bit different for sure. They've had a lot of success and you know, the best the best. So going against a guy like that is definitely gonna make me better.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm excited at each and every day I see him walk up on me when we're out there and to play, I get excited because I just know, you know, this is an important rep for me. You know, I got to give it my all and improve this level.
Speaker 1: To maintain the separation throughout the entirety of the route.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets harder for sure.
Speaker 4: You know that separation definitely gets closer and closer the more uh you know, obviously, the better pros you you go against and getting the league like this, it's just going to be that much tighter. But obviously a guy like me, though I'm a perfectionist, I try to get as much a separation as I can on each route.
Speaker 3: So it's difference for you as.
Speaker 2: Far as like study, having sleep schedule, just in general.
Speaker 1: Going from the College.
Speaker 5: Of the Bros.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they put a lot of people in this building that's you know, been harping out a lot and getting your system, getting your daily routine together, and that's something I'm still trying to, you know, learn from some of the vets around here and get my routine together.
Speaker 3: I think I got a good one going right now.
Speaker 4: But you know, that's super important for all the guys to have that during camp.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 6: Brandon had a really friendly but very serious rivalry during the past couple of training camps. Have you had that initial interaction with Fred yet.
Speaker 3: As far as rivalry, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, I think today was like day three from you or something like that, so, you know, I'm still trying to get acting made to back into practice. But Fred is that competitive guy for sure. You know, you you always know where he's at on the field. He just has that that presence. So I've had multiple conversations with him, obviously trying to get as much knowledge from him and how to maintain your body and things like that and just being a pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you guys.