Speaker 1: Good mornings, sweet world, and welcome to the Not Dungks Podcast, presented by Fan Duel. It's Tuesday, August fourth, twenty twenty six. I'm Jay Skeets here in the Classic Factory and alongside me as always, task Melis.
Speaker 2: Basketball Lovers podcast listeners, This is for you.
Speaker 1: Next to him, it's my top shot, hot Boy, Trey Kirbye, Hey heyo, and over yonder making the magic happen. Super producer jd. There he is here. We are coming at you on a Tuesday. Shout out to everybody joining us live on YouTube. Love to see it, Love to see it, Hit the like button, subscribe podcast listeners, five star ratings and reviews. On today's show, we're hitting the beach to answer your NBA questions that you guys emailed in or dropped in YouTube. We got questions about Kevin Durant, questions about NBA parody, questions about obscure NBA players, and a whole lot more. But before we get to the beach, and before we get to some minor transactions, I want to know how spider Man brand New Day one? Oh, spider Man Brand New Day. Yeah. People are saying Marvel's back, Okay, it was entertaining. It was really really good.
Speaker 3: There's a great needle drop in the first five minutes that if you were born prior to nineteen ninety, like, it's gonna be one of the best moments of any movie this summer.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 3: I had some quibbles for sure, like I feel like there was some emcy units just shoehorned into this movie.
Speaker 1: But in general, high quality entertainment. Okay, so TK saw it. I'm assuming JD that you saw it once or night.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've seen it once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I have zero quibbles with it. It was perfect, better than the Odyssey. Give it all the oscars?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wow? Okay, and task did you see this one?
Speaker 6: It seems like you like movies more in the off season or is that just.
Speaker 3: Me J.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see when we start Pirates.
Speaker 1: But oh yes, yes, our Pirates of the Caribbeans series coming soon. Some of us have started watching them because we're gonna start recording those and start dropping them a little bit later this month. Have you started the Pirates series?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, oh yeah, I've had one pirate show up at my door. Yeah. I don't know why I would say you show up, but yeah, I've watched the first Okay, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, the first one. The first one is awesome. They don't they literally don't make blockbusters like this anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're talking about it all. They can't literally to unpack it. But let's get into some minor NBA news here. It is pretty minor, but I guess the biggest news from the last couple of days. Nausei Marshall signed a three year, fifty two point two million dollar contract extension with the Dallas Mavericks, so he's staying there for now. I think it is a declining contract structure that's from Stein, you know, starts off a little higher and then sort of decreases. Some people were a little shocked by the number, But do you think about Naji Marshall here three years, fifty two point two mil.
Speaker 6: I think the Knife is worth every dollar. Listen.
Speaker 2: I love that nickname, and we just did a basketball reference the Nickname Show where we talked about terrible nicknames. I think the Knife is a great nickname for him and the way he plays and how he's gotten better over the last two years doing that, just cutting and finishing at the basket. He wasn't good for a long time, but now entering his prime is perfect. He was seventy seven percent at the rim this past season. It's a damn good percentage. And then fifty five percent in that three to ten feet range hitting floaters and.
Speaker 6: That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter that he's not a good three point per center, a three point shooter, I don't think so. I don't think it matters because he's that good in there, especially with Cooper flag evolving, I think that combination will be even better this next season.
Speaker 6: That being said, the mat has got so many bigs and so many wings, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, swingmen for sure. They have like eight nine swing men on this roster right.
Speaker 2: Now we're here in August fourth. A couple of those have to be moved in the next couple months. We're talking flag leading the way. Then a PJ. Washington, Aldama reesa che Caleb Martin Clay if you put him in that area.
Speaker 1: Be Bearovich who's coming over from.
Speaker 2: Europe, Max Christie, I guess if you want to call him that, And then Gafford Lively, Maries Johnson who is you know, both uh and then Musa Sise who's going to be back, so he's got it all man.
Speaker 3: Masia likes tall, long guys, and look, Naji Marshall high approval rating for a random dude in the NBA. Find a nerd who likes basketball that doesn't like Naji Marshall. Maybe somebody will bring up the three point percentage. I think he should be a better shooter, but whatever, he is the knife, he gets to the rim, he finishes inside. But I still think he is a guy that could be traded by the Dallas Mavericks because, like you're saying, the crunch, everybody plays forward on this team. We know that's a Massai Ujii kind of trade, but it also means that Naji Marshall, on a contract like this that is descending at a low per percentage of the cap, still eligible to be traded, depending on if you want a guy who's more like I guess Naji Marshall's like a two slash three, you would say PJ. Washington's like a three slash four, maybe even throwing a little five slash in there as well. If you're more interested in the perimeter style of wing, maybe you're going to the Mavericks and saying, can we talk about Naji Marshall. Maybe you're saying, can we talk about PJ. Washington. I just don't think it's a guarantee that Marshall sticks around, because I don't think it's a guarantee that hardly any of these guys on the maps stick around outside of Cooper Flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good for him though, to have a career year there where he averaged like fifteen points per game, shot really good percentages except from three, like you said, and then to parlay that into a good contract here that is doubling his annual salary, So good for him. Love that stat from ESPN in their little rite up sort of caught me by surprise that just how adept he is with the floater. It's like Donovan Mitchell, Jalen Brunson, and then Naji Marshall when it comes to hitting just a high number, total volume of floaters this past season just sort of you wouldn't think you think of those first two guys, absolutely, those guys come to mind, Brunson, Mitchell, all NBA players, and then you're like Naji Marshall, Right there, it's a shot though, and that's why he has those high percentages. Like you're saying, closer to the rim as he gets. So he has turned it into a really nice contract here. But yeah, there's a lot of guys just like I don't think Klay Thompson is going to be there. I mean, if we're including him, the PJ Washington, he's been in a lot of trade rumors. Could he be moved, Yeah, so maybe they consolidate a little bit here. I think a big part of it is this idea that Cooper Flight does seem to really like playing with him, the knife Pig. Yeah, yeah, so and probably a reason also you got to think about that in terms of like your cornerstone building around him. So he's there for now, and he'll be there obviously at the start of the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Clay, You're right, last year of his contract seems like he's inevitably going to go somewhere with PJ. Walhington has been so many rumors, But that's a big contract that PJ signed a long time ago, so way bigger than Nauji Marshall if you're looking at dollar per dollar. Also makes some money, but he's only signed through this season until they have to start picking up options there and number one picks make some money. He'll be making seventeen mill next season. So yeah, Messiah's got to get h got to get snipping here. Uh pretty soon, He's kind of make some cuts, I think.
Speaker 3: So got to schedule the bris Huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll say to he was a knife pine. You can chop in, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the briss get the brisk.
Speaker 3: Be a funny nickname for him. Mass under on FanDuel thirty two and a half.
Speaker 1: Lo Wow, very low. Oh my goodness, it's done a lot. Yeah, yeah, it's done a lot this summer.
Speaker 3: Massaia, jeri In obviously, Jason kidd out, Dusty may In, whereas Johnson their draft pick they signed or are traded for al Dama. Kyrie Irving's coming back. He hasn't played in nineteen months, thirty four years old. Derek Lively remember him, Yeah, he's coming back. And then all these other guys that task mentioned. Sasser's there, Babarovich, deala Rea who they drafted Resa che after the trade. I've heard people speculating that the MAVs could be a play and contention team.
Speaker 1: You know, say things go.
Speaker 3: Poorly for the Warriors, curries out for thirty games, they fall off there's a spot available in the Western Conference. That seems a little far fetched to me, but it seems like it should be a more normal team. Yeah, for Mavericks, assuming Kyrie Irving comes back and is playing, they need some shooting on the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good line. Thirty two and a half, he said. I like it. It's like like, oh, they're going to be right there. It feels like it's going to be a thirty to thirty six winning team. So they sort of got it spot on in my mind. I don't know, that's a tough one. We'll have to save that for our over under podcasts at some point, which I guess they all all are. All the lines don't now on fandom for every team. Yeah, you just gotta scroll. It's always like how early do we want to do it? Yeah, you know, people get at it right away. Can't blame them. We need content. But you're like, I could wait until we get actually close to see but you can just do it twice too. You do one now initial reactions as we just do, and then actually think it out as we get closer.
Speaker 3: You can definitely still bet it right now. But I'm like the Piston's second best player isn't on the team right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably should Wait, Yeah, there are some situations like that, Yeah for sure. All right. The Warriors did some moves the retaining the Anthony Melton and Gary Payton the second, So those guys are both coming back to your guys that are tast smell us. I think the Warriors will now have ten of the twelve players who had their most playing time last season back here for twenty six twenty seven. On one hand, you're like, hell, yeah, continuity, and then on the other hand, you're like, hold on, they were very good last year, thirty seven and forty five last year and missing the playoffs entirely as they fall into play in So your reaction to bring these guys back.
Speaker 6: I thought they signed to Anthony Melton a month ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was in headlines, but he wasn't officially signed until just now. I guess they're waiting for Braun. If that has any implications. You said Gary Payton the second is also my guy. I don't know he was also he was one of your guys. I'm sure he's my Guyton definitely. Yeah, Well, you're right, ten of twelve guys they're waiting for Brown. But now you've got essentially the exact same team plus a Yaxel Lendenborg who they drafted, minus a Pat Spencer, the lacrosse genius. I mean, otherwise, post the QP, Moses Moody out out. Yeah he's hanging out golfing with Steph Curry. Yeah, Steph showed up in Arkansas for Moses Moody's event as they bond. They got to do some connection. But as you said, I think that's the interesting thing. Trey brought up whether Steph Curry will be playing a ton That's my end. I'm interested in that because if you're looking at the exact same team essentially minus Jimmy Butler, I guess you could say minus him for the entire start of the season, how much do they just roll out Steph every single game. I'm just curious. I'm just curious what he's thinking, because it is Steph and he's gonna want to play, But I just want to know how he looks at this season. I see, you know, I I reluctantly bring up Jimmy Butler not being there because.
Speaker 1: He could be back.
Speaker 6: That's oh yeah, eventually, just what point of the season is I.
Speaker 1: Think it'll be like, you know, I know we have a question about the Christmas Day schedule. It's like I feel like that's going to be quickly become like will Jimmy Butler be back by Christmas. Let's say the Warriors have a Christmas Day game. I don't know if they will or not, but like it'll be around there, and you know, like the buzz will build, like, oh, that's too early. Maybe it depends on how the team looks too and it's doing so all that. But do you have any thoughts on Melton and GP and just the Warriors basically running it back. I'm it's not basically running it back.
Speaker 3: They're running it back on thirty seven win team and lost three of their top ten guys, so they're worse. Jimmy Butler is going to be out like Steph Curry. The goal is going to have to be playing more than forty three games. Unfortunately for him, he's going to want to play every single game and it's going to be a huge load on Steph Curry, which has been the case for the Warriors for the past four seasons, and every season they end up in the playing tournament. So I assume the same thing will happen here. Anybody could assigned to Anthony Meltain and Gary Payton up until now, and nobody else wanted.
Speaker 6: To guys, Yeah, they're guys.
Speaker 1: I was shocked to see. It just shocked me that he'd been there this long. Gary Payton the Second has played with the Warriors for each of the past six seasons. Now, ye, I was like, what how did we get to six? Already? Here at that weird trade season where he left and came back. That's right. He played for the Blazers for like a cup of coffee in twenty two to twenty three, and then yeah he was right back. But oh yeah, I just couldn't believe that. It's like, wow, it's been that long. As Golden State of Mind noted, despite Gary Payton the Second's long injury history, he was quietly one of their healthiest role players last season. Like that was actually a really healthy season for GP two, played a majority of the games. Again, he's been injured and banged up a lot through his career, but he was good last year and then of course couldn't need him out there to contribute as a good player, a good role player. You're right, TK, other people could have had him wanted him. Yes, I'm sure there was always some sort of agreement to like, hey, like Draymond doing his whole thing with his qualifying offer, like hey, let's go try and get Lebron. Everybody just wait right now, but don't worry about, you know, your status here with the team. And so once that was done and he went to Philly, it was like, all right, let's get these guys back. What else are we going to do? What else we're we gonna do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as far as Jimmy Butler goes injured on January nineteenth, timing wise, it seems like Christmas could be the day I think he should be. Yeah, it's a full eleven months. You imagine he would be back and playing what that's you know, fifty over fifty games of the season, if yeah, if, if you know, if he can come back and be healthy'll be thirty seven.
Speaker 1: These guys are not getting obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one guy that we thought, oh man, is he gonna be able to play through all that? He has been essentially and you know, most of the time, not all the time. But now now this is serious, this is very serious.
Speaker 1: Some other minor news here. Blazer signed Jeremy so Han to a one year deal, though I don't believe it's guaranteed, so it's like it's not he's got to make the roster. It's like a training camp. Basically, invite world champion Jeremy so Yeah to think about it for a second. Yeah, well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: His highlights from last year was, well, he got in Victor wemen Yama's face, right, that's it after playing with Victor, after playing with him, Yeah, and Verjev situation.
Speaker 1: You've shared your thoughts on Jeremy Sohan before. You're not a biggest fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing left to say. If he doesn't make the team this year, he's probably done.
Speaker 1: Could be done. Yeah, yeah, just sort of crazy. He's not old by any means, is he How long has he been around?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be what year four, hits maybe year five, I don't know. But there's only two forwards on the Blazers right now, so he's got a chance to make the team.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then former Heat guard Josh Richardson announced his retirement, so he's done. Ten year NBA vet now. He didn't play it all last year. Most known with the Miami Heat, played a majority of his career there, right, six of his ten seasons had some you know time with the Sixers and the MAVs and the Celtics and the Spurs, I think, and the Pelicans. He ended, Uh, but Josh Richardson was a classic Heat guy there for a couple of years. He won't really really good year where he averaged like sixteen seventeen points per game. He was part of the Jimmy Butler signing trade. He was so his claim to fame because he was a solid player, decent role player for sure.
Speaker 2: He was solid. Yeah, you know, he kept trying hard for Miami. He wanted to be known as a hard playing guy. And he was a heart playing guy. Speaking of Miami and guys who are near retiring, Victor Oladipo is trying to come back. Yeah, a former Miami Heat player. He was doing the Las Vegas workouts at Summer League, getting these private workouts, guys coming in. T Jass was working out with him, balling against him and he.
Speaker 1: He's playing with the honest and now he's playing. Yeah that all that, Yeah, the Victor olidepen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can see u on TJ's YouTube channel. Pretty sure him versus A la Depot.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I'd be a weird guy to play against. All he does is he's up in the upper bowl jumping off something doing a three six. See that's what you think about Tjka. I'm sure he's good. Of course, he's talented enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yan has said to him, you should play in Europe. Why haven't you played in Europe? Because he's got some game. It's like five, 't six. That's why he doesn't play.
Speaker 6: He's smaller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Josh Richardson is two years younger than Victor ola Depot. I don't think I would have guessed that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Josh Richardson is is young for a lot. It feels like he's been around. Yeah exactly, so was thirty four. Yeah, yeah, almost thirty five.
Speaker 1: So you're making one last girl.
Speaker 3: Not almost thirty five, just turned thirty four. Yeah, I'm making him one last goal of it. And apparently the Kings are interested in Victor O la Depot to be like a mentor for Darius A cuff h.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, and there's now I guess rumors too, and maybe it was Stein Westbrook could be back.
Speaker 3: With one old guy. We don't want to learn it from Zach Lavine, is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: But who's going to be there? It sounds like because they don't want to do buy it? Yeah, I mean so yes, we don't want to learn. We'll see the old people.
Speaker 2: A tiny thing before move one. You mentioned, uh, Jeremy Sohan. The Blazers made me think of Delano Banton. Where's he had? He was playing with the Blazers for a while. Yeah he was, and he did with the Celtics last year. Yeah, they waved him just this past July. But way younger, well not way younger, I mean young in terms of an NBA career's it's not It's not somebody's going Somebody is gonna bring from Scarborough, isn't he? I think born in Toronto wherever that was.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's a Scarborough kid. But yeah, sure I could. And I guess the only other thing this weekend was everybody got married. I see all this footage of like Donovan Mitchell, Mitchell got married. I think Tyree's Haliburton. I think Kenny Smith, what, yeah, are Kenny Smith really? I think you got remarried obviously on his reality show. I don't know bring we were cameras showed up in a room that we were in. Hell was going on Kenny's filming a reality show? Okay, did need be a side a waiver? Don't worry, this will probably never air that t Yeah, I don't know. You may not have been in the room, but we were in that weird control room that we're never in. They just like he came in and all the cameras. It was like a reality show.
Speaker 6: Why were you in the controller?
Speaker 1: I don't know why. We were in the one by the treehouse, that one off the treehouse, like the main one.
Speaker 4: We went in there periodic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would like remember what we would practice our end of the year musical performances in that room.
Speaker 1: Sometimes yeah, we would like we would prep for shows in there. Sometimes maybe we just got bumped out of the treehouse. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Anyway, we never made the.
Speaker 3: Cut for the Kenny Smith the reality show Kenny Smith, Mary's Croatian influencer in stunning ceremony, new sentence to me. The only reason I saw this was because our former one of our former makeup artists was invited to the wedding.
Speaker 1: God she was there. That's how I saw it. I was like, and then I was like.
Speaker 7: Married.
Speaker 2: Everybody got a JBL speaker as they came into the wedding. Yeah, that's what we got once.
Speaker 1: I love that speaker. Nothing wrong with that speaker.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 1: I was a Kenny Smith party in New Orleans. Walk in and get a bag.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, mine's dad too.
Speaker 1: Oh really on me? Lasts so long, I guess all right, Well, congrats all the love birds. Man loved nuptials. Yeah, man, a lot of weddings. Okay, let's hit the beach. Let's answer some of your I got the rockets.
Speaker 8: I got the chocolate, we got that ship shuck down, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You put that.
Speaker 7: Special reading your emails and your tweets and your comments, your questions that you had, NBA NBA ish questions.
Speaker 1: Thanks to everybody that sent one in. Apologies if we didn't get to yours. We do keep sort of like a I don't know, like a bank of the ones that we don't get to the best of the best.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: We'll try and get to that later, so maybe you'll hear it on a later show. First one from Pixel Pete's up Dunks. Interested to hear your thoughts on Kevin Durant comparing Lebron joining the seventy six ers to his moves earlier in his career. The money quote. I saw this quote by way of Ben Gulliver who was talking to Katie. Quote, the last time they put three twenty point scorers on a team, they said it was unfair, which was the Warriors team I was on. The seventy six ers have got four to twenty five point scorers on this team, so hell yeah, I think they're going to be a contender. What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Again that's from Pixel p TKO's start with you any comment or any reaction to Katie's comments that you know, we are in the dog days of here in the NBA summer, so this sort of got a buzz. Some people clowning them, some people saying this is not a big deal. Why are we making this a big deal?
Speaker 3: Do you think? I mean, Katie has been doubling down on it, basically saying that this year's seventy six Ers are way better than the twenty seventeen Warriors and then literally comparing Joel Embiid as an MVP player to Steph Curry as.
Speaker 1: An MVP player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, that's weird.
Speaker 3: He's trying to make his rings look better, is what I think is happening with Kevin Durant here. I also think he's not being completely honest because he's played on three more teams that have three twenty point scorers since being in Golden State. The Knicks had four twenty point scorers last year, Brunson, Towns, Bridges, and of course Jordan Clarkson, who averaged over twenty points per game for an entire season. Who remembers that that happened. Though four twenty point scores on the Knicks last year, the Lakers had Luca Reeves and Lebron. That's three twenty point per game scores. Twenty five thunder SGA JDub and Chat averaged nineteen point seven. The Celtics in twenty four had Tatum, Brown and Porzingis average over twenty. They also had Drew Holliday, who had a twenty point per game season in his career up to that point. So this happens a lot. I don't think that Lebron joining up with the seventy six ers is the same as Kevin Durant joining up with the Warriors after they won seventy three games.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 6: I think it's that's accurate.
Speaker 3: But I agree with Katie that the Sixers are contenders right off dollar alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I thought of first hearing the actual clip, he doesn't say the Warriors, I joint, he doesn't say the team name, and I thought, okay, maybe he's talking about Brooklyn hard And and Kyrie scoring together. But after seeing like you're mentioning Trey, he's been defending it. Since the guy is on threads defending it. You know, he used to have burner Twitter accounts, but now it doesn't feel like he's on Twitter. Where did you see him defending it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, literally, I don't know. I think it was an Instagram comments.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, but I think he's done with Twitter. He's now on threads and Instagram, I guess. Ah, but yeah, he was defendant on threads. People are saying, you're delusional. You joined a seventy three win team. Well, everyone was in their prime. The Sixers, well they're certainly contenders. Blah blah blah. He responds. He goes, so you agree they are contenders? Lol A and then he'll say.
Speaker 1: So he's just trying to boil it down to superstar player. Leaves goes to another team that is considered a contender. It's the same thing. Yeah, they're all equal.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's how think.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't, even though he goes on to say, I know, twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen Finals, MVP seventy three nine, all that triggers y'all, please pay attention and listen to what was asking what I said. He does understand that people interpret it differently, but not really. You know that people interpret that era him going to a team that literally just won seventy three games, a team that literally beat him in the conference finals when he was up on them three just before going there. He sees it as a relationship.
Speaker 6: He understands it, but not really.
Speaker 2: He doesn't understand how deep this is with NBA fans because he's comparing four twenty five points scores, which you know, Lebron hasn't scored twenty five in a while. It's been it's been a minute. But anyway, he just doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: But when he was talking to the media at this whatever was it a USA basketball thing? Ye? Yeah, okay, three three on three thing, right, He's smiling while he's saying this, Like he had almost like a little back and forth with Ben all over our guy, Like it was like yeah, it was like he's asked, like, do you think they're gonna be contenders or Lebron going there, He's like, yeah, of course they're gonna be contenders. Like he literally says like you don't to Ben, and Ben's like, I'm asking you the question, you know, he smiles through it, Like he adds like they're gonna be a fun team to watch, They're gonna be league passworthy, like and Kate Even's like this was good for the league. Like Lebron's like decision, his final decision here, dragging it out obviously, all the buzz, all the eyeballs now, all these big marquee games, Like he recognizes that, and yeah, they're gonna be good. But then to like try to slyly, I don't know, like say, it's no different than when I joined the seventy three and nine team that had the back to back MVP stuff like come on, it's not the sat Man, it's not the same lost those six ers did other moves and Jaylen Brown's coming in and like you got to try and make it all work. Like they lost in the second round. They haven't won a title since nineteen eighties. Yeah, like, what are we talking?
Speaker 2: What the good comparison would have been? Yeah, when I joined Kyrie and James Harden in Brooklyn, we had three twenty one point scores.
Speaker 6: Then guys got injured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that first playoffs when the Bucks went and won the championship. James Harden got hurt game one against the Milwaukee Bucks, like twenty forty seconds into the game, and then Kyrie got hurt in Game four when we were up to one.
Speaker 6: Guys get injured. The Sixers, they're old, they're going to get injured. Two. That would have been a good comparison.
Speaker 2: He then you could have talk about stepping on the three point line and how they almost won. They're up three to two on the Bucks in that playoff series. Yeah, Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 1: There's our there's our thoughts. Axel Pete on Katie comparing Lebron joined the Sixers to.
Speaker 2: His early so into it. He's on threads, he's on Instagram, he said. When he was talking about Lebron, he said, this is so good. All these eyeballs on the Lebron. I mean, he's just he bleeds basketball in July.
Speaker 1: He does, he does.
Speaker 3: He does love basketball, which is I laughed because he said it's TNT worthy. It's not not anymore. There used to be for a long long time. He's tnt worthy.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe he's saying this should he's really the dunk man right now. Yeah, maybe that's it. That's tybe.
Speaker 6: So yeah, oh we need a review on dunk Man. Yeah, I know that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had three twenty point per game scores. No, they didn't. It was Shaq, Dwight Howard, and Draymond. Draymond never got to twenty points per game.
Speaker 1: Damn. Those were the judges.
Speaker 3: Those were man, No, I don't know who the judges were. Those were the commentators, other commentators. Jack wasn't even a commentator. Shaq was just sitting there. He's the godfather of you. He's just overseeing everything. Raymond and a guy named Cash are on the desk along with left Co and then it was just five dudes. Who are the judges, and they're harsh judges.
Speaker 1: I guess there were some pretty I saw some of the dunks that you were at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, yeah, I was. I was like, oh, this is this is dunk contest judging. This is not NBA dunk judging totally.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess you got to be hard here in Atlanta from those I don't know, Yeah, you gotta be harsh. The winner gets five hundred ky.
Speaker 1: This is a big standards for sure. Yeah, god, yeah, okay, all right, dunk man, he can jump though. He's got their good dunkers. A lot of good dunkers out there. Okay, next question, friends.
Speaker 2: The NBA's parody era continued last season, when the Knicks became the eighth different team to win the championship in the past eight years. This is Adam Silver's wet dream. If you had to guess which team is best positioned to become the ninth different champion. That's from Tom in Vermont.
Speaker 1: Do you think Silver sleeps in his skims just in case he gets too excited thinking about all the different champions Interesting, you never thought you're gonna be asked that today. I think Adam Silver wears matching set PJS and a hat because yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yes, he was a warm.
Speaker 6: So you think it's a loose fitting bottom and top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like like Ebenezer Scrooge es, Yeah, cool, James, he gets up, he lights a candle when he's gonna go take a pisto in the middle of night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because as far as skims go, are they synthetic material? Because you want you don't want synthetic material when you're sleeping that's going to get super hot. Like all I think is boxer briefs, and I think if they're yeah, Pauly Ester really, So that's what I'm concerned about for Adam Silver when you're asking this specific question, especially when they're wet and not going to soak. Well, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So the question from Tom though is, yeah, like we're looking for a ninth different consecutive champions, so we have to take all the teams that have already won one in the last eight years off the board. TK. But there are there's probably what four or five I don't know how many of your long your list is of like potentially realistic new to put it that way, champions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my list is seven deep realistic. Well it's too deep, okay, Okay, Well, Spurs made the finals last year and the seventy six ers just had a great offseason. Those are the two teams I can most realistically seeing winning.
Speaker 1: The championship this year. Yep.
Speaker 3: The other teams I threw into the mix, the Calves and the Pistons. They could make it to the finals. I don't think that would be a surprise. You make it to the finals, who knows what happens. Same thing for the timber Wolves and the Rockets, and then the last team. I just don't know what to expect from the Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 1: Last time we saw.
Speaker 3: Tyre's Halliburton, the Pacers had a lead in Game seven of the NBA Finals at halftime. They're right now on fan plus five thousand for the championship. That's the same as the Hawks and the Lakers. That seems crazy to me. They're behind the Magic odds wise, that seems unusual to me. But Halliburton's coming off in an achilles tear. He also had to deal with shingles during his recovery. They added zobots in for Miles Turner. That changes the speed of the team, and the speed of the team was kind of like the superpower for the Pacers when they made it to the finals. So I have to include them in my long list, which like I said it's seven teams.
Speaker 1: Realistically it's only two.
Speaker 3: Teams, but I could It wouldn't shock me if the Pacers somehow pulled it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the East is so fun because I guess in part it's because we just saw the Knicks win fifty three games and get there. There's just a lot of teams that you could throw in there. Obviously, Philly is the one beside the Knicks that you think. I am concerned about Philly's defense though. It's gotta be a thing because these eight champs that we have just seen, seven of the eight have been top ten defenses. Now, maybe Philly can replicate what the Denver Nuggets did in twenty three and get there as a non top ten defense and just do it with all offense. Maybe Jalen Maxi, Lebron and them beat are good enough for that. But that is somewhat of a concern. The answer is the Spurs. Yeah, simple as that.
Speaker 1: They most likely to make it nine in a row. Would do the Spurs.
Speaker 2: They got better and they led the NBA Finals seventy five percent of the minutes. They got better because they got Tobias Harris and Victor wee. Binyama is a year older, so you know they didn't change.
Speaker 6: That's got to be the favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Pacers just to go back to them. FanDuel has their over under at forty three and a half wins. So they even seem like confused of like where are we putting this team? Are they a part of the like elite Eastern Conference teams or are they more of a five hundred like team, which is where they have them. Yeah, you'd be a tough one, I think.
Speaker 2: And it's hard not to throw in a couple teams because it's fun to be optimistic here in the summer. But I'll throw it in the Nuggets because Peyton Watson is gaining gaining weight. Is he going to be on that team? I don't know, But he threw up a photo of him on the scale at two twenty when he was a two hundred guy last year, and he says instead he's getting big. I don't know who he's going to play for. But then Nugets our No's.
Speaker 1: Title contender maybe but or not, but not in this the pair they're not they'renety one one.
Speaker 6: They're not. Yeah, they're not. They're not.
Speaker 2: I just had to get them in there, and I had to get that Peyton Watson photo in there because it's I know, the restricted free agents go on for a while here in the summer, but that one's an really interesting one to me, aside from you know, the Jaalen Duran one that we're waiting for and the Benedict matherin Payton Watson is interesting.
Speaker 6: Sorry, go ahead, no going.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was my list to keep is a little shorter than Trays. I mean, you really did say yours is too, and I hear you. I have four teams. I think it's only the potential to like extend the streak, make it nine different champions over nine seasons. It's Spurs seventy six ers. Of course is the huge like wow, I mean they could win a title, or you could also convince me they're like in the play and sort of area if everybody gets injured. Timberwolves, and I think I have the Rockets there just because the Rockets were a good team last year. They were top ten on both sides of the ball. Now you add Fred van Vliet, who missed the entire season back to try and orchestrate that things. Now Durant missed a bunch of games in the playoffs. Two part of the reason why they lost I think in six there to the Lakers, and they also botch some games at the end. They just need to be better in clutch time. They were like a sub five hundred team in games that were close. I think a big part of it is just not having Van Vliet out there. So yeah, if that flips a little bit, why not could they not see themselves as one of the better teams in the Western Conference and things make their right right, they can maybe get there, but you gotta go through the spurs and the thunder is the problem. So maybe it's wiser to have a Calvs or Epistons because you don't have to see them until the finals. Next question. In Star Wars fandom and JAD, I might need your help here, there's a term called gloop shitdow. Yeah you got it, okay, glop shitdow. It's basically mocking how some Star Wars fans will become big fans of random minor characters in the series, and how the characters have weird names. Sometimes. Who is your group shadow NBA player? In other words, who's an obscure NBA player that you were randomly huge fans of minus Mirza Taledovich. Wow, that's a name. I had not thought about it in a long time. That's from Adam Parsons nineteen forty seven, by way of YouTube. Before we get into the NBA angle, do you have any JD Group Shadows, Star Wars characters.
Speaker 5: Sure, there's a give me one Quadronero, the Podracer, dude, there's there's a lot of of course. Oh yeah, I know that one, the winged sort of what is he like? A tech dealer on tattooing, A bit of a scumbag.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that has Anakin.
Speaker 4: Yeah he owns yeah, yeah, lazy.
Speaker 1: Boys something like that. Okay, So NBA gloops, Cheetos, obscure NBA players that you loved or continue to love. They could be current for all week here.
Speaker 2: You know what's obscure. You chose to stay awake during a surgery. That's obscure. And that's what former raptor Jorge Garbajosa did. Do you remember when he broke his leg? Yeah, yeah, he broke his leg and he decided I'm not getting general anesthesia. I'm literally going to stay awake. He got spinal anesthetic. Instead, and he watched himself get a displaced left ankle, joined fixed prepair a torn ligament, and pinned a fractured fibula.
Speaker 6: Now that's obscure. That's a man he'll always love.
Speaker 2: They would have won that playoff series against the New Jersey Nets if he was there anyway, that doesn't matter, but uh yeah, I always loved my Jorge Garbajosa, always, always, always yeah.
Speaker 3: I like a question like this, and then I like when I go to look at Basketball Reference and the player I want to pick is one of the head shots up there, and it was just WHOA WHOA Carrie Kittles, Oh, Carrie carry Kittles. I think Danielle's a big carry Kittles. Fans shouldn't be one sock up, one sock down. That's how I learned about him playing at Villanova. Had cool shorts, tiny head, cool shaped body. I was a guy that wanted to wear tall socks as well. So I just started liking carry Kittles. And he was just like, he's just a fine player. Yeah, you're like fifteen points per game. He can make an open three pointer.
Speaker 1: He was fast.
Speaker 3: He was part of like the famous nineteen ninety six draft, But did carry Kittles get any accolades in his career. No, he finished fifth and Rookie of the Year voting pretty good for that season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was just a dude. But Carrie Kittles cool name.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 1: Look, I was gonna say he's helped out by as like an awesome name. Yes, Carrie Kittles cariatname.
Speaker 2: So he was one sock up in college and then had to pull them both up first.
Speaker 1: They must have not allowed it in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he went all the way to the knees essentially with both of them.
Speaker 1: Good pick a long time podcast listeners or YouTube viewers know, Jason Max was my guy who was a big believer in Jason Max seal a little too much. Leonard Miller is the future. Everybody knows that. But I'll give you another one that I don't talk about a lot. Uh Linis Klasa Remember him played for the Raptors, played for the Nuggets. Lithuanian. Was he a shooter? They say he was, but he wasn't that great a shoot. But he was European exactly, But like he shot thirty three percent from three his entire career. He thought he was a lot better than that. But uh, yeah, he was a big fan and he had the thing like he would have like big games in like nationally televised games, so maybe that was a part of his lore. I was like, oh, you only saw if you only saw him in these big games, like this guy's awesome, but then not all that great for the rest of it. But yeah, he always been up playing for two teams only Nuggets and Raptors.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, must have had a shorter career than them. Yeah, he only played seven NBA seasons because he after Denver, he left. See. I think he must played overseas for a you and then he came back to the Raptors for three years. That's it. And the number forty three is that right? Think forty three and then eleven on the Raps. That's an obscure number that I like. Yeah, forty three. I think it's just a cool looking number.
Speaker 3: For some reason with that, so there you go. He consider Andre Drummond an obscure NBA player. Not really, I mean neither.
Speaker 1: But I like him. It's just funny to watch.
Speaker 3: He looks like he could roll around, like he would be pleasant just rolling around rather than walking and jumping.
Speaker 1: He's like Sonic the Hedgehog kind of alright, great question, great question there, You'll see you the next one. Howdy dooty no dung garuskis.
Speaker 2: On a recent classic podcast, the Mount Rushmore of Raptors was discussed. It was interesting to consider how, despite only playing one season for them, Kawhi already qualifies as one of the best four best Raptors of all time. It had me thinking about what other Mount Rushmore's contained head scratchers. Take My Brooklyn nets Jason Kidd and Vince Carter are no brainers. But then it gets tricky. Perhaps Julius who only played for the franchise while in the ABA, and maybe brook Lopez, who is the current franchise leader in total points and total blocks. What do you guys think any other strange Mount Rushmore is out there? That's from John in South Jersey.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I would say you're going to start with the nets there, like it is a bit of a weird one when you think about it. I mean, I guess I had doctor j Yes, yeah, like immediately there, whether he played for the AB or not.
Speaker 2: After I look through it, there's no question. I think the question is Brook or Buck Buck Williams Buck Williams Brook. Yes, I mean he was an All Star as a rookie with the Nets when he won Rookie of the Year. That's rare, a rookie All Star then three time All Star with the Nets versus Brook just a one time Yeah, you know, non memorable eras either way for both of those players. Fortunately, you know Brook played in the Azod. That's the kind of the thing that I remember is when they oh god, what a ship that place was.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, god.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: I went to a Raptor's Nets playoff game. I drove down there. Yeah, I was in the middle of nowhere, I remember too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh did you ever go to the is on no.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: He felt like it was like a the Stratford Colisseum. To me, it was like a little bit bigger. It's like just a hockey rink in my hometown.
Speaker 2: It's the vibe of to me, if only Jorge played that series, they would have wanted. Oh yes, he would have been playing in the Eyes.
Speaker 6: Odd what a name.
Speaker 1: I have another strange one. I want to hear your guys thoughts on. I think the Wizard's Mount Rushmore is a weird one because here's why, Like it's generally old guys. I think it's sort of like a no brainer two or three guys. It's West Unseldes, It's Elvin Hayes, It's potentially Walt Bellamy, he's more of Baltimore days, but I think he's probably there. But then it's like, who's the fourth guy? Is it Bradley Beal? Is it John Wall? Is it Anton Jamison?
Speaker 6: Gil?
Speaker 1: I mean, none of those are You're like, yeah, guaranteed, Like I think it's a debate between those sort of four probably the three guards. I would take Anton jameson. Yeah, I would probably pick would you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Those I know, I mean you can't put Arenas on there.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately for the way it ended, and it was a John Wall team before it was a Bradley deal team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's Wall from those guys.
Speaker 1: I agree, that's that's a tough one. Yeah, that's just a weird one to me. Any other ones.
Speaker 3: I think that there's actually a lot, Like the Pacers have two ABA guys on theirs, George mckinnis and Mel Daniels. For sure, they're making it. Reggie Miller obviously is on there. Mount Rushmore. But then who's the fourth guy, Paul George, Danny Granger, Germaine, O'Neil Tyrese Haliburt and Rick Smith's they all have chances to make it.
Speaker 1: Trey Young might be.
Speaker 3: On the Hawks, Mount Rushmore, whoa Bob Pettitt, it's Dominique Wilkins. Ye, it's the kembe Matamba. Then you're probably getting an argument for Lou Hudson. But I ain't making a Lou Hudson. I don't know what the argument there, you know what I'm saying, hmm. Could And then I think maybe the weirdest is the Grizzlies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a really weird.
Speaker 1: Because is it four guys from the Grit and Grind team? Is it comedy? Gasol Randolph and Tony Allen?
Speaker 6: Or you got to throw in a job taking any of.
Speaker 3: Those guys off for John A. Ramp You probably thought you were, Yeah, Jaron Jackson Junior.
Speaker 4: Maybe right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just four fifths of the starting no Vancouver guys cracking it. No big country.
Speaker 6: Was damn good, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would contemplate putting Gasol on there. Marco, Yeah, each other, both of them. How long was Grizzly to double check. Uh sick, I don't know, I got I gotta check that.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was even that long. I gotta check that.
Speaker 6: I gotta check that it's a five and five and a half.
Speaker 1: That's a fun one. Do you have any other strange ones?
Speaker 2: I mean, going to the top of the Miami Heat, alter you have to put I'm definitely not Lebron and Wade of course. Then I think there's a debate for the last two spots. It's I think you'd put Alonso Morning on there. Okay, then it's it's Bosh or Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Butler, Tim Hardaway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, it's tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a good bit. Yeah, it's a good debate.
Speaker 6: It's a good debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like Jimmy was the guy who took him two finals long enough. I mean, definitely more playoff success than Tim Hardaway, even though they threw up Timmy's jersey up there. And Chris Bosh, you know, a very good player, two NBA, two time NBA champions.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to throw Ronnie Cyclic on there. Sherman Douglas and there are guys I think of his heat in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who else? Bimbo Coles. Bimbo Coles.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Glenn Rice, like not really Glenn Rice maybe is on the Hornets Mount rushmore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think of it more definitely.
Speaker 1: I think of it was the Hornet first for sure. All right, great question. Next one here, yo yo, yo, boys, a Nike Wemby one signature shoe is officially on the horizon, and it appears as though he has a new alien logo. What do you all think? Thumbs up or thumbs down for the stylized V and W. That's from William from the Scooshe here's a look for everybody on YouTube. We're showing you, uh screen grab and a nice enhancer from JD on the new What we think at least Wemby logo here with Nike because he's got a signature shoe coming tk. I mean you see the V in the W, no doubt, no doubt. Also, what else do you see?
Speaker 3: Scorpion get over here? To me, it does not look like an alien. It looks more like I Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 1: It looks nothing like an alien to me. Yeah, I mean, you're you're going for the negative space of the eyes. I don't hate it. I don't think it's great. Yeah, having to get the v W it means that they had to do something along the Why do we have to do that? Why do your initial initials must have to be in your look? Like? What do the guys name the alien? They're like, I like this the older one more.
Speaker 2: Anyway, is there another dimension idea there?
Speaker 6: Like you're entering a portal kind of.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, the pulsar of it all there I see like a like a like a cat's face too, like right, like the nose in the mouth of a cat.
Speaker 1: I mean what you're saying, the V is kind of the nose. I'm saying the v's the nose. And then the more the bottom part is more of the cat's mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And now they think about it. I have always said that if aliens are here, they're probably cats.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're thinking ahead here, what do you think the task overall?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that might be a banana hammock on the bottom there you're saying the cat's mouth. That kind of looks like tidy whities or banana hammock. However you look at it, Maybe it's the off season and maybe we talk about uh, male Genitalia and.
Speaker 1: A little bit six.
Speaker 2: Does this happen every year? And no dunks, the slash, the start slash, the basketball Jones. We talk more about male junk in the off season. I don't know, it looks like so true that it looks.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, or you love that or you hate that or different.
Speaker 2: I think this is this is I don't know. I think it will be totally different on a shoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will be on the tongue or at the back maybe or something.
Speaker 7: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and you won't have all this stuff around it, you know, like you won't have you won't have this purple space sky thing happening.
Speaker 1: You don't know, shoes will be that. I am intrigued to see if Wemby, as a big guy can move shoes. This will be a you know, it's he's a different type of big guy. So yeah, previously it's tough for you your shacks and dwights and who for whom else am I forgetting when it comes to big, big guys, like it's tough for them to move product like this. Yeah, no big guys. But Web seemed like he could be the anomaly. Yeah, I guess depends on how the shoe looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see he wore like, uh, he wore like a mid cut shoe his past two years.
Speaker 1: Most people don't anymore. Yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, yeah, see what they come up with. I mean, was that something they're going to want to drop before at the start of the season, during the season at least, think yeah, for All Star weekend at the very least. Yeah, a couple of months here.
Speaker 2: No, I was going to say, you know, Jokic has a shoe that nobody really talks about.
Speaker 1: T K, where is it? I got a player, Trey Kirby goes to Batford these, she gets asked a lot about them. I've noticed that our pick up run like, what are those? And you're like, yeah, these are the ookches. Yeah, Joker gt too. Yeah, it's a mid cut.
Speaker 3: It's a love it's actually pretty low. Yeah, the ones I have. But you're a fan, Yeah they are really really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah see there low.
Speaker 1: But you don't know a lot of people buy it. I don't see them. You're the only person I've ever seen wearing them.
Speaker 6: Maybe they selling Europe out there. I don't know they're getting out there.
Speaker 1: Maybe they sell it right, all right, Next one ask what you got here?
Speaker 6: I got the right one, Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Just Wash skeets short on predicting the NBA Christmas Day slate. While I agreed with most of his matchups, I was a little shocked to see the Warriors still in the mix.
Speaker 6: I think their time has passed. But what to task and trade? Think?
Speaker 2: What's their exmus Day lineup look like? Thanks for all the summer content content turn up and all that jazz that's from JJ. So Christmas Day lineup?
Speaker 1: Well, for those that didn't see the short, I'll tell you what I had, because he JJ didn't like that. I had the Warriors there, but I had six Ers Nicks in Madison Square Garden, obviously starting it off at noon Celtic's heat. I had thunder Spurs. Got to run that back this time. I had it in San Antonio the last played an ok S last year Warriors Lakers is where I had the Warriors, and then I finished with Wolves Nuggets because they always played batchit crazy games and obviously have the ant Andokich. That was my five TK. How would you tweak it or did I nail it or what do you think? I think you did a very good job.
Speaker 3: It does feel a little light on Eastern Conference teams. To me, only four teams made it. You can make an argument that the Caves, or the Pistons or the Pacers deserve a game. I'm personally not too enthused on the Heat, Warriors, Lakers, and Nuggets because if they pick up an injury to one player, the game instantly sucks.
Speaker 1: It could.
Speaker 3: It's a long time from now, so I would only change a few things. I try and get as many rivalries as possible. I'm starting with Nicks Pacers good morning or noon, whatever time you may be, six or Celtics. We obviously have the Jalen Brown trade of it all, not to mention a classic rivalry between the two teams. Thunder Spurs is my middle day game. Just like you had Skeets. That one seems perfect to me. I got one interconference matchup the Pistons versus the Rockets, two teams that seem most.
Speaker 1: Likely to fight against each other, the Thompson Twins.
Speaker 3: The Thompson Twins also two good teams, and then I'm ending with Wolves Nuggets as well.
Speaker 1: Good rivalry, it's a good one.
Speaker 6: I do want to start with six Ers Nicks as you had it, in.
Speaker 1: There like it like that. I mean Lebron in Madison Square Garden will be fun.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we just had Jalen Brown and in Jalen Bronson at Donovan Mitchell's wedding and Jalen Brunson was staring down Jalen Brown.
Speaker 6: Come on, bring it on.
Speaker 2: I would sub out from all these ten teams the Celtics get out of here for the Detroit Pistons. I think the Pistons belonging there. Out of all of the players who got MVP votes, Kate Cunningham, he deserves an MVP spot. I think, you know it is going back to last season, maybe they'll be.
Speaker 1: Kate's gonna finish higher than Tatum on MVP balls coming up this season, quite possibly. I think it's a fun debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean him and Jalen Brown were super close year in MVP ballots. But I think it's a very different team. The Pistons with sixty wins, they deserve a Christmas Day. They haven't had one since oh five was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Do you know, do you know the only franchise that's never played on Christmas?
Speaker 6: I saw it. Yeah, Charlotte, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not getting it any time.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: Definitely not this year. Yeah, they need a bit, they need a sixty win season with Konka Nipple and Brandon Miller and you know, leading them that to maybe then finally get one.
Speaker 2: Steph goes and ends his career there, then he gets one and then they get it. But uh, yeah, I don't know. The Celtics played a time on Christmas Day, so I'm okay subthing them up. They didn't play last year, which I think with the NBA was their mentality was, Okay, Jason TAM's not going to be there. This team is not going to be as good, And that's kind of advice for the same a similar situation to me. They had played, you know, year after year after year after year. Was it like eight or nine straight and they took one off. They can take another one off. But I could see the Pacers getting in there too. So Tyree Halburn can go on the Pat McAfee show and talk about it. I guess he loves being on the Pat McAfee show.
Speaker 3: That's actually good for the Pacers that they could make it.
Speaker 1: Yet, how do you feel about the Warriors still being in the mix because brings up a good point we talked about, like they could be bad. If Curry is injured, then they will be bad. I feel pretty confident saying that. But also it's Steph Curry, and it's like you should be playing on Christmas and they might be still decent by this point.
Speaker 2: I would keep hanging on to Steph wanting to play basketball whenever he wants. It's all yeah, it's all dependent on if he's healthy or not. So I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Put him on there. Let Jimmy have a date to circle there to get back for Christmas. It'd be good.
Speaker 3: Packers Bears is also on Christmas, all right, right, Chicago, Right, you got it?
Speaker 1: Packers. I haven't looked at tickets yet, but that would be really, really awesome. It would be awesome. Yeah, would be awesome.
Speaker 3: NFL trying to take that day sounds like a great anniversary gift.
Speaker 1: We should. We should get the NBA schedule.
Speaker 6: Are you listening this week? Right?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a lot of early around August. Second week of August. I think I think we'll get at least the leaks. Here's the opening night, here's maybe christ we might get those like in the next couple of days, I would say, maybe even today. Who knows. How about Opening night schedule? I mean a lot like playing obviously, yeah night, Yeah, the six That's the thing. If six Ers Nick isn't on Christmas, then it needs to be Opening Night. I mean you could just do it both too, but it definitely has to be one of them. Yeah, what's the what's the late game?
Speaker 3: Though? I would personally like Wolves Lakers as the late game? Okay, just a bunch of young faces of the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, having fun, not against it at all. Trying to think who else? I mean, I guess Stephen the Warriors could be all as thunder Spurs. That might be fun to start to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we might get next. We might have best schedule release next week as next week, Yeah, well just before Hall of Fame ceremony, which is next weekend. I think it'll all line up next week. Stein points out our man Mark Stein said it could be August tenth that week.
Speaker 1: Put me down though, that leaks happened this week, Okay, okay, leak it. Somebody's leaking. Some Shan's will be saying something final one here on the beach, good morning, No dunk's longtime, fourth time I'm always amused whenever you or anyone else raves about BUCkies. My wife is from Lake Jackson, Texas, the original home of BUCkies, and while I have since been to some of the giant ones that we definitely have talked about, my first and most frequent BUCkies experience is one down the street from her childhood home. That's the size of a normal gas station. My question is, what is some hype NBA related or otherwise that you never got caught up in. Turn up. It's from Josh in Denver. This is a funny. I like this email because its like it is like we talk a lot about Buddies, are like, oh, this huge giant Walmart like gas station. It's crazy. All you gotta go. It's worse stopping at. But like if the original one is just a normal gas station, that's like us going. You gotta go to seven eleven, man, you gotta check it out. They got a Slurpe's and stuff. It's wild. So yeah, but it's a fun question. The some hype again NBA related otherwise that you didn't really get caught up in.
Speaker 2: My answer is not good. I gotta be completely honest. I just never got into energy drinks, and I just see them everywhere right now. Every answer, I don't know. It's not good hype around energy drinks. It's not It doesn't fit the answer for Josh's question. But everybody everybody drinking Celsius out.
Speaker 6: There, I mean, yeah, sure, I'm a fairrenheit guy.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry sorry sorry change change what's in where they're putting JD I think I saw Jackson drinking. What did they putting protein in Celsius drinks too?
Speaker 4: My Son drinking?
Speaker 1: Maybe not? Yea, you might, I think you did. I think I saw them in there once.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've definitely had them in there.
Speaker 1: Yes. So it's a zero sugar functional fitness energy drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I see fit people doing it. It's just so much caffeine.
Speaker 4: It's not good for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah. You started to see.
Speaker 1: Two hundred milligrams per standard twelve ounce can of caffeine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're you know, it's like over two coffees, just suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they throw protein in there too, I think.
Speaker 4: Maybe sometimes different ones they got it?
Speaker 1: Do that? Are they putting in all this to the zero calories? I've never had one of these.
Speaker 2: Look fine, they look like an ergy drink. I would rather have that than your standard. What are the ones with the lightning bolt on them? Like the monsters monsters, I'm thinking monsters.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have a Celsia for whatever. Recently monsters. I gotta throwback energy drink. It feels like at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been around for a month.
Speaker 2: People still do I see people doing Yeah?
Speaker 1: You always like you. I mean, it ties well with this question, Like go to a gas station. Just wait, maybe it'll take you five or six people to walk out of a gas station until you see one holding a Monster Energy. You know what I mean. That's where I see them the that's that's where they're mostly people. But I'm just saying when I stopped doing gas that's the only time I see people drinking Monster energy or We're not a monster. Keep your eyes running, Okay, it.
Speaker 2: Is a fun it's an interesting person watching experience going into a gas station and are going through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different there so much like so many uh so many people betting like tickets, you know what I mean, It's like it is wild.
Speaker 2: I used to scratch tickets. The vending machines with scratch tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's crazy. I mean, those are those are grocery stores.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's wild all right?
Speaker 1: What is some hype? And be realated? Otherwise you never got caught up in mood Dang. Remember mood Dang got the hippo? How was that? Dumb hippo? Never thought it was cute.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of this moon Dang.
Speaker 1: You never heard of mood Dang. You did a good job. You didn't miss anything. What did moon Dang do?
Speaker 3: It wasn't just cute exactly. The dwarf wasn't cute. Oh I mean people thought it was. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't. I'm telling you. It was a pygmy hippo. Oh okay, So it's like a is it cute?
Speaker 1: Is it ugly? Look at it? It's pretty cute. Oh, you guys are buying You guys are buying the hype.
Speaker 3: I never get into a cute animal like this, like a famous cute animal.
Speaker 1: Jimothy is the big one right now, bad raccoon? Yeah, which is that's cute? I don't care. Freak show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jimmithy yea good name, great name, yeah, exactly, But I'm never in on the viral cute animal.
Speaker 1: Where does jimmithy you live? Probably right the Mariners are doing things around.
Speaker 4: Okay, kay, raccoon, what's the big deal.
Speaker 1: No, it's more than his legs are all jacked up. Yeah, it has some disease. I couldn't believe it wasn't in Toronto though, because that's raccoon capital.
Speaker 3: Baby, Yep, maybe that's it. You see enough raccoons he cares about a Jimothy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've seen a million, Jimothy, I've I've told you the story for George George Cooney as we called him, Ken invited raccoons into his house when we lived on Bathurst.
Speaker 4: George Cooney, he called him George Coon.
Speaker 1: I walked into the kitchen once door was opened to the back. There was a raccoon sitting standing, just standing there. I said, Ken, there's a raccoon in your kidding. Oh that's George Cooney comes in all the time, something to eat. Then he took off, crazy crazy. I don't like that. I actually don't like raccoons. That creep the hell out of the They're too smart there, gross like human ishi.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Mattie Austin when he lived on Spaniina, I think when he lived on that weird like crescent. He they like they broke in and he came home. They were all in there just going through everything. That's scary as hell man like he said. He says it like he walked in and like he caught them by surprise. They're like, whoa, I didn't. It's like I told you party like that.
Speaker 2: There's they feel so smart. My friend had one coming in his backyard. He put a camera up in his backyard and he checked out, how do you deter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh and and a lot of the time you can record screaming, he asked. He's like, hey, do you want to scream into a microphone? Literally, so when the camera picks it up and the sensor picks it up, the sensor picks up it.
Speaker 6: Literally you can deter by screaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I literally yelled into a phone which he put up there. So I literally go ah and a phone. And the first time that raccoon God ran away as soon as it heard me screaming over and over.
Speaker 1: But the second time they're like, hold on, that voice sounds familiar? Is that from the basketball gets Well?
Speaker 2: The second time they're too smart. They just hang out. It's like I'll pick some stuff. You don't scare me, Yeah, guy.
Speaker 1: It's just a voice. Yeah, they're too smart. But you've looked at gymas now now you understand the allure of.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 4: Looks like a weird creature as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel to me, I feel like copy barros are the new mood.
Speaker 1: Dangs uh okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, somebody in the stream team ask how do I feel about copy barras, And to me, they're a little bit too popular right now. And I would throw axel lottles into there as well. These are two random animals that big animal decided to make cute for our generation, our children's generation.
Speaker 1: Right, you never.
Speaker 3: Were excited about a kapy bar or an axle lottle. But I guarantee your kids are right, Like every kid loves these.
Speaker 1: Where they come from. They they get a hamster, you.
Speaker 2: Know, don't worry, be cappy, get a copy bar you don't copy bar Surprise how big they.
Speaker 1: They're bigger than you would pay. Yeah, seventy and fifty pounds. I mean that's a that's pretty big. That's a very big dog. That's a huge dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're right, Yeah, they'll be gone soon.
Speaker 3: The animals these aren't These aren't real animals that people.
Speaker 1: Are excited about like dogs and tasks. I'm not going anywhere. Well, JD, do you have an answer to this, like something, you know, the hype that you missed out on.
Speaker 4: Sure, Harry Potter really never got into it.
Speaker 1: Well, now perfect time, HBO Max. Don't they have a new series coming or something like that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rachel wants me to go, like watch them all? Do them on our pod?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can't stay awake during them.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, not bad, j D. I'm not even the biggest Harry Potter film. I've seen them and they're fine.
Speaker 4: I hate magic, hate magic, Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's gonna be a problem, a problem.
Speaker 3: Here's a little magic in these. Do you think somebody out there is like you?
Speaker 1: So they've taken the Harry Potter series and edited out anytime there's a magic part of it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Like ultimately, I mean I've seen them all. I think it ends up being a blue beam against a red beam and that's it, right, That's what the whole thing culminates in.
Speaker 1: There's some more layers to it, I would say than that.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's the whole coming of age and all that, and the chosen One and then they reluctant hero Yeah yeah, classic, Yeah, never got into the books, not into the movies, not into.
Speaker 1: The series, not into it. Hey, I gotta, I gotta while we're talking HBO Max here because I heard you hyping up House of the Dragon the latest season. Sure, yeah, yeah, this thing is falling off the cliff here these last couple episodes of sucked Ass. It started okay, it started strong this season, but yeah, I don't know, I'm bored out of my mind the last couple episodes, you know, like Political Entry, Jesus Man, Like this guy always sniffing. He's like tast mellows, sniff of his shirt. You'd like this character. Actually, yeah, he's great. Yeah, yeah, he's a good character. Yeah, but I've just been boring the last couple My answer for this hype that I missed out on it's probably just my age. But Pokemon, sure, yeah, like this thing is like one of the biggest things in the world, has been for what twenty years? Yea, And I couldn't really tell you much about it. I of course Pikachu. Of course, Pikachu know that chars are Yeah, do you know him? But I always just go back to when you or we, I guess, but you were doing the Pokemon go like trying to collect them on our set. Yep, when we were at Summer League, and I did see on your phone and it's like, oh, it's right there. That was very exciting. I never still understood how it all worked and what was the point of it all. But there's there's leveling up to be done.
Speaker 3: You can make your your pocket monster very deadly or faintly.
Speaker 1: I guess they don't actually die, they just faint you Okay, could you can you tell me though, very simply like like, okay, what is actually Pokemon?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Are these good people? These good creatures?
Speaker 3: I don't know the story, Okay, see no idea As a trainer, yes, trying to work his way up in the world.
Speaker 1: I believe he's training these little guys. Yeah, you got to train for fights. So then you go into the battlegrounds. You sometimes they get humongous. Oh what do they call that? Super max? No, that's that's an NBA contract. I'd love to hear Bobby Mark's thoughts on getting charge under the new CBA Marcus art.
Speaker 4: Tough.
Speaker 6: Do they even use the term maxing?
Speaker 1: And Pokemon something. Somebody's gonna say what it is. It's something. Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 3: They place shield, they play Pokemon Shield, I think is the one they have.
Speaker 1: People must just be yelling at their podcast right now. It's all about timing. I know exactly became like popular right after we were probably done with high school total I think, and it's just like, yeah, I'm aware of it, of course, but I don't know how any of it were. Giganta Max, Gigantic Max and Dyna Max. There we go go. Yeah, if anything, it's just incredible. It's still popular to me. It's still a thing, big time, big huge. It is a very long running thing. So good on Pokemon. They figured it out with that, all right. That's beached up in. Those are the questions. Thanks for sending them in. Keep sending them in. Great summer content allows us to bounce around, get a little silly. If you enjoyed beached up in, hip the like button and swubscribe. Here's the plan as we really get it again to the dog days of NBA summer content. We'll be back on Friday to hit you with the Drop podcast. We'll do rapid fire maybe well have a big angle or big topic to break down, So we'll be back on Friday unless there's breaking news or something like that. More down to like two a week. We are getting ready, as I teased earlier, for our Pirates of the Caribbean summer series, where we're gonna watch and recap every one of them. That'll start on August fourteenth. We'll be dropping them on Friday. Every Friday, we'll drop a new one. You have time to sort of watch those if you want to and follow along. So that'll go for five weeks starting Hougest fourteenth, So get ready for that.
Speaker 3: There's a cute monkey, yeah, in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Love a monkey, circus monkey, who's a rascal.
Speaker 1: These people are saying, oh, you hate animals, moo dang, I hate moodang, I hate mood and I hope that moodang has suffered some terrible things. Wow Jesus. Yeah, now you're going too far. Okay, okay, living a fine life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, the monkey in the first Pirates is cute. But even he does a little too much.
Speaker 1: Don't you think he does too much?
Speaker 2: He does next to she does one thing that's quite important. Well, he does one thing yeah, well that's important.
Speaker 1: Damn monkey. I mean, I'm definitely spoiling here. Also, you can't kill that monkey. Well that's well, you couldn't kill that monkey. I guess you could now.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's a little little, you know, reason to get excited for the Pirates Caribbean series that we'll be doing later until Friday, though, Clipper Rose you heard it here first. Have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us, and remember monkeys are cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Praise the Day people,